Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: What's up y'all?
Speaker 3: Happy weekend, So excited to be spending another fabulous Saturday here with you all. This is the best Bitch just the bits where I basically intro the best segments from the show this week. But I want you guys to go check out part one. That's always my favorite part of doing this podcast. This weekend, I have Scuba Steve on with me. We're sharing some life updates.
Speaker 2: We're confessing the times that.
Speaker 3: We have called nine one one, you know, because lunchbox calls nine one one, and we're also sharing the most recent time we hated being an adult. There's a lot of fun conversations over there, so be sure to check that out. Without further ado, let's get into it. On the show this week, we shared a story about Caine Brown who got hit on stage with a boot. This just so happened to be in my hometown of Wichita, Kansas, and my family was there at the concert when this happened. I remember my dad calling me the next morning and telling me everything that went down, and I was like, what is going on? Then it was on TMZ, so shout out Wichita for this story. Sorry, but Bobby texted Kane to see what really went down and figure out if there was like some confusion or if it was like a bad thing that happened.
Speaker 2: And Kane texted him back and let him know what really went down.
Speaker 3: He wanted to clear up all the confusion of this boot getting thrown on stage and hitting him in the crotch.
Speaker 4: Number seven, You got a message back from Kane Brown because I text him earlier this morning. He was like, Hey, why did that boot come flying at you on stage at a concert and hit you right in your man junk? And he said, according to kin, because I thought there's no way that someone was angry and just chunked that boot at him. He said, I told her I would sign it. To wait one second, and I turned my back. Once I turned around, she threw it and I hit the highest note of my life. We heard it. I thought it was something like that, like you probably had an agreement to do it.
Speaker 5: I chunked it up there, he did, go I.
Speaker 1: Actually it's the best bits of the week. With Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, the show shared some opinions they have this week, but not just any opinions. They shared their opinions on something small, very passionately, how they feel strongly about something that is probably so irrelevant to most people. So this is what this whole segment is about, is then confessing they're very strong opinions on something small.
Speaker 1: Number six.
Speaker 4: It's rare to see movie Mike get upset about something.
Speaker 6: Mike.
Speaker 4: He never gets mad. He's just quiet the whole time. Quiet Mike. Movie Mike, So what are you upset about?
Speaker 7: They are remaking Mwana. The movie came out in twenty sixteen and twenty twenty three. They're gonna do a live action remake.
Speaker 4: Is it really a straight remake? Though? If it's with live action, it's a straight remake.
Speaker 7: They're gonna make the exact same story, but with the Rock in it as himself.
Speaker 4: Well, I feel like it's different enough as live action though. I've never seen Wuana Moana's great good movie. A great song from it, how Far I'll Go? Yeah, I couldn't sing that tolle.
Speaker 8: Far?
Speaker 4: And then have you ever heard what?
Speaker 9: Wait?
Speaker 4: I say?
Speaker 5: Hold on?
Speaker 4: What was that next part you did?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: I know that part? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 5: Is that the one that is voice in it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: He plays Maui.
Speaker 4: Okay, so who are they using as humans?
Speaker 7: Well, so far they just have the rock.
Speaker 4: Oh he's gonna be in it playing the same person, probably.
Speaker 7: The same person, and the girl who is the voice of Majana is going to be in it too, but probably is not the right age to play Mowana.
Speaker 5: Why are you so mad?
Speaker 7: Because it hasn't even been ten years. It's been seven years since the original one came out. I think you cannot make a movie a remake until at least twenty years.
Speaker 4: I just feel like the humans don't make it different.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's lie.
Speaker 1: But Disney is remaking everything right now.
Speaker 7: Any big movie they have, they got to remake it.
Speaker 5: It's seven years insane.
Speaker 4: Okay, he has a very strong opinion on this. Yeah, I really don't have a strong opinion on this, But what is your strongest opinion about a very small issue?
Speaker 10: Eddie, Leave Justin Haley Beaver alone, please, like seriously?
Speaker 4: Like I want them to succeed.
Speaker 10: And if the paparazzi and everyone starts taking video of them at a concert, oh Justin was yeah, yes, oh they're fighting again. Like, guys, we want their relationship to left just because they're famous, doesn't mean we need to be all up in their business. Stop, get back into your life and your issues. Leave Justin and Haley alone.
Speaker 4: Just dim specifically, not every celebrity come up mostly okay. My first one is songs with sirens in them should not be played on the radio. Don't know how annoying it is. If there's a siren or something that sounds like a cop car or ambulance and it's in a song, You're like, oh God, oh god, God, got where is it that? Don't no more. They have radio edits of songs bad words, then they have radio edits of songs have sirens in them. So that's my first one. Lunch butchers, it's easy. Quit asking for tips everywhere we go. It is so annoying. Anywhere you go to buy something, you want to tip me. You go to the gas station, you want to leave a tip. No, I don't want to leave a tip. I'm just getting a Snickers bar. So annoying. You don't have to leave a tip though, I know, but.
Speaker 5: It makes it. It makes it uncomfortable because you're like, man, I'm not tipping you.
Speaker 11: But that's quite the exaggeration. I've never been asked to tip at the gas station.
Speaker 4: First of all, they have a little tip jar there that's a penny. Leave a penny ticket. That's for they kids are set, dude, that's not a tip for the person that's marking the register.
Speaker 11: Like, if someone happens you need a penny, you leave.
Speaker 4: It there, right, that's for build a home. That's home for heroes brod.
Speaker 5: Like stumps out. I literally pulled up in the drive through the other day and the lady was like, would you like to leave a tip? No, I meant the drive through just give me my food.
Speaker 4: That's a very strong opinion. I mean, what's your strong opinion about a small issue.
Speaker 11: Mine is that toilet paper should be over, not under. And if I met someone's house and they have it under, I'll even take it off and put it on correctly because it should be over.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't know if you switched it at our house because I guess I don't care.
Speaker 11: I assume anybody putting it under clearly doesn't care. And now why I'm going to add them Because when it's under, it fall it like rolls down, and it's when it's over it just lays nicely on top and it doesn't hang down.
Speaker 4: But what if it's over. If it's over enough, it does rolls back up.
Speaker 11: You get it, just right.
Speaker 4: Leave their toilet paper under, trust me.
Speaker 5: Hey, Amy, leave their toilet paper alone.
Speaker 4: No over, Okah, thank you, I have more. If someone cheats with you, they'll cheat on you.
Speaker 5: That's not always true.
Speaker 4: That's true because they had they that's it.
Speaker 11: Why do you say it's true?
Speaker 4: Because if someone cheats with you, If you're like, I met this guy and yeah, we got together. He cheated on his girl, will be with me and now we're together, you think all of a sudden you're the queen princess. He's not gonna cheat on He obviously has shown that if the right situation presents itself, he has the ability to do it again. If he cheats with you, he's probably gonna cheat on you, but he probably Well, everything's probably in life. There are very few universal truths, and most of the universal truths we know at times are proven not to be universal truths at all. But I'm saying, if he cheats on you, oh yeah, name something universal truths? Water is okay? Drivers, No, No, that's not anyway. If you tell me a time to be somewhere, and then that's the agreed upon time. You you can't be late. And also if you tell me a time that it's agreed upon and it's even two weeks out, I don't have to check back in with you to say I'm going to be there at that time. We've already agreed to it. Do you know how many times people are like, well, I never heard from you, Yeah, nine days before we said we were going to meet here at this time, I didn't know. I had to come back in and do it progress check nine days.
Speaker 5: Yeah, is that a long time.
Speaker 4: That's a real long you have to check in.
Speaker 5: You think, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: But if it changes, call and say hey, we're not on anymore, that's the change. The changes that that person's not on anymore, you've got to call and make the change. Otherwise it is there. It is set in stone.
Speaker 5: It is the calendar.
Speaker 11: You don't ever say, hey, we're still good for today, double checking.
Speaker 5: Oh, I mean, how long is it more than five days? You got to make sure they're good to go.
Speaker 4: We've said it, that's it. I don't schedule like I have a content or a comedy show three months out week of Hey, guys, theater. Still good for me to show up. No, we set a date, but it's all a contract to me. It's a human contract. Here's another one, Cereal first than milk, any other way you're a stalker, cycle killer. Yeah, good milk Cereal next one stop. You should never refer to your pets as fur babies, creepy, weird. Love it and it's you just filling a void. I say it her babies. Yeah, what's the void that you don't have a baby. No, it could be a baby, could be friends, could be any connection at all.
Speaker 5: You don't use the word literally.
Speaker 4: If you don't mean literally, you don't have to say figuratively, and you can do Hey, man, look at that he's he's the biggest a mountain. But don't say he says literally biggest amountain because literally actually shifts the whole meaning of that. You would have to literally be that.
Speaker 11: Ba it's part of the sarcasm.
Speaker 4: It's not sarcasm, though, you're not being sarcastic by saying that. That's like hype again hyperbole. Yeah, yeah, just say dang you look at Eddie. He says he's gotten a skinny as a bean pole. Yeah. Now, if I say that that's okay, but if I go, he's literally as skinny as a bean pole. That's actually an accurate about say. I know that he's right about it, but obviously you cannot give more than one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 4: That's the fullness. You can't do one hundred and ten, you can't do two thirty, you can't do a thousand percent. It is one hundred percent. That's the most maximum you could ever give. One hundred all the way filled up the end. You can't do one hundred and one, can't do one hundred and twenty. It's one hundred percent. That's at the end. Thank you.
Speaker 11: When the Boston girls were in here, what they said that your offer performance? I said one out of ten and they were like eleven twelve, he's amazing. You didn't you didn't correct them.
Speaker 4: Because it's not a percentage, just not one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: But it was one out of ten. Scale can't go over ten.
Speaker 4: But I don't care. They were talking about me, so that was saying that you were No, I don't care. They were saying I was better than a ten. So why am I going to say, girls, I don't like that. I will let that slide. Yes, Eddie, I have a situation.
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 10: When you're like looking at like stock prices and numbers, they say your returning investment was one hundred and ten percent.
Speaker 4: That actually can't happen accurate. That's what I'm saying. That's not a scale.
Speaker 5: That's a good work.
Speaker 11: I'm actually with Bobby.
Speaker 5: It's not a scale.
Speaker 4: That's a that's mathematics. If up till hundred percent is this number of anything more than one hundred percent, it gets into one oh five, one ten, It can be three hundred percent of I've seen that before.
Speaker 5: Much talking.
Speaker 11: Hard sometimes when you have people on your side and then they go say something like.
Speaker 4: That, yes, I know right then your buddys turned full idiot. Then you're like, well great now I'm right all right, everybody good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I gave one hundred and ten percent on that SiGe.
Speaker 4: And no clapping when the airplane lands and less there was like some crazy turbulence and you almost died. I love doing that though. It's so much fun.
Speaker 11: Also, no jokes from the flight deck from the from the pilot, like about you know, whether destination or kind of flight or trivia?
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you? All all right, that's it small things. We have strong opinion, Mike, Sorry about moan about that. That's what I started with, all of a sudden yelling at each other.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: You may know the name Canine.
Speaker 3: He called into our show a while back and he shared a Bobby Bone Show theme song that he wrote, and we'd play it sometimes at the beginning of our additional show, the Post Show, and it was like an introduction that was so hype and gave us so much energy. Well, after him calling in and him doing that theme song, we're like, well, why don't you come in studio. Bobby invited him up and Canine flew in and he performed the theme song live. It was such a fun, epic moment to kind of conclude K nine who wrote us this epic theme song.
Speaker 1: Number five So Bobby Bones Show interviews.
Speaker 5: In case you didn't know.
Speaker 4: We met this guy on the phones. He called I don't remember the first time we ever talked to him, but then he said he was a rapper. His name was K nine. Then we talked to him a bunch and then he made a song for us, Ray, would you play some of our K nine original that we play on the Post show sometimes.
Speaker 12: Oh Bobby, Oh Bobby, Oh Bobby Bobby. Oh boy, Oh Bobby, Oh Bobby, Bobby boy Oh Bobby.
Speaker 6: Bone show intro for Bobby going hard like a chilin with my boy box.
Speaker 5: And so he made this for us.
Speaker 4: We played it all the time, and so we were like, dude, if you ever come up to the studio, you have a drive up from Florida, you can stop by always here. Come on. Then we're gonna interview Canine, who I've never met. I don't even know what he looks like. There's a picture right in front of you, but that's yeah, and.
Speaker 5: He's in the green room.
Speaker 4: So let us talk to our caller, our friend, our our rapper, Canine on the Bobby Bones Show. Now he listens in Vero Beach, Florida on Wave ninety two point seven, started listening to twenty nineteen. He's walking through right now.
Speaker 8: What up?
Speaker 4: Let's see right there, Canine? Sit? What do you got there?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 4: I appreciate that. Oh man, thanks, I appreciate that. Look at that?
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 4: You good?
Speaker 11: I'm good man.
Speaker 9: I'm nervous. I'm nervous, but I'm good.
Speaker 4: What's been happening in the last few weeks, a few months.
Speaker 9: Oh man, just been working, taking care of my family working.
Speaker 4: Did you drive up here?
Speaker 6: No, I flew, and I flew for the first time in twelve years. I was so scared to fly, but I did it. I conquered my fear. I'm here, baby, let's go. Okay, I'm here.
Speaker 4: We heard two in a few minutes. You're gonna bring in a hype man. You brush your own hepe man with you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, hype man.
Speaker 6: Nasty Nate back there. He's been my voice since we were kids, and he's my hype man. Like if I need to go to let's get it, that's my boy.
Speaker 4: Like Nasty naighte or Nasty Nate, Nasty Nate, nasty night like he's nasty. He's nast like nasty, like he didn't smell good or like he just like nasty because when he let whatever he does, he does it to the furthest level.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the second one, I would say, Yeah, I don't know what would.
Speaker 4: Be called like nasty name they're like stinky Sam. But so and can I tell our listeners little bit about you? So you're an aspiring rapper.
Speaker 9: Yes, sir, I'm an aspiring rapper.
Speaker 6: I write all types of music, but right now I've been focusing more on like country rap, like hick hop type stuff, and honestly, man, I'm looking for an opportunity. I'm not looking for a handout. I'm trying to make it, baby, so let's go. I'm looking for anything I can get right now.
Speaker 4: Who inspires you in the country music world that does a bit of what you do or what you're trying to do.
Speaker 9: Honestly, I love Jelly Roll.
Speaker 6: He used to be more of like a trap rapper and now he's doing country, and that's kind of what I'm trying to do because honestly, I used to live the trap life and now I'm more of a dad. I would say I'm more of a worker, so it kind of doesn't It's not really like what I do anymore. So like trap rapping I like to do, but it's not really what I relate to anymore. It's more of working hard and more country stuff.
Speaker 9: To be honest. You have a son, right, yes, sir, how old? He's about to be three in June.
Speaker 4: Nice awesome.
Speaker 9: And I have a beautiful wife. I love her.
Speaker 6: She's at home right now taking care of my son. I love you, baby, baby, he loves you. Hey, So what's your job day to day?
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 9: Right now? I pretty much just do labor.
Speaker 6: Like I get up at five, I go to work at six, I work till two, and it's just fight, grind, repeat, Baby.
Speaker 4: You're getting it. You got a big you got flexing the chain.
Speaker 9: Flexing the chain. You know, I'm a Christian. I love God. I want to thank God for being here.
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 9: I mean?
Speaker 4: It looks pretty shiny? Is that real?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Yeah, this is real gold.
Speaker 6: It's probably like my most expensive thing I have. So you break it out often, no, only special events.
Speaker 4: Okay, So and you know you do what you gotta do here. But are we going to do the original that the song that he wrote for the show. Is that the plan?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do you feel like you can do it?
Speaker 9: I feel like I can do it.
Speaker 5: You've been practicing, I've been practicing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, I'm gonna put you in a weird spot like you knew, right, we knew you're gonna play right?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: So everybody out there at K nine Underscore Florida, And so what do you ever call this one? Do you need you need nasty night in here for this bring man bringing nasty? Yeah yeah, Oh, Nate doesn't look that nasty.
Speaker 6: That's why he's a nasty Natenate looks like somebody that's about to make a minus on a geography Quick, what nasty night?
Speaker 1: How's it going everybody?
Speaker 4: And so you're Canine's hive guy?
Speaker 9: Yeah, roll with him?
Speaker 4: How'd you guys? How'd you guys come together?
Speaker 5: We've known each other for years since school?
Speaker 6: Like, uh, geometric glass in the neighborhood, trapping in the neighborhood.
Speaker 9: You know how it is.
Speaker 11: I have to know and excuse my ignorance, Canine, but I don't know. You said you used to live the trap life and you're trapping. I don't know what trap life is.
Speaker 6: Will you tell her what a traphouse like? Selling dope, like hitting licks like and that would happen.
Speaker 4: Like trap house, that's where they would all go down.
Speaker 9: Well, it's not not you don't have to be necessarily in a trap house, but like living the light.
Speaker 4: No, no, but I'm saying that's what a trap house is. That's kind of how it started. That's that's the root of it. So trap house is where got it?
Speaker 11: I got it, but I don't know what licking lips.
Speaker 9: Hitting licks is like stealing.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm glad you learn.
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, good, You're not about that life anymore.
Speaker 9: No, I ain't been arrested in five years, and I've been drugged fore two years. Baby less, go.
Speaker 4: Let's go Nasty Night? How nasty?
Speaker 5: Are you not too nasty?
Speaker 4: That's what I like to hear. Good, We're not gonna be nasty in here?
Speaker 5: All right here?
Speaker 4: And you can they stand up at their mind? Can they take their mic off the stand? Because I want the true K nine and Nasty Nate?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got to give a show man.
Speaker 14: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, Scuba Seed's then taking the mics. Okay, boom, got it. Nasty Night's in his slides. Yeah, I'm just chilling, just chilling.
Speaker 5: Yeah all right.
Speaker 4: K nine came o pants. By the way, he's got a MIA Miami National Championship. Sure team ever, Okay, here we go, right, would you just play a little bit staking here it in their ears before we start?
Speaker 5: Bobby, Can you guys hear this bit?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, turn it up?
Speaker 12: Bobby, Oh, Bobby, oh, Bobby.
Speaker 4: All right, right, le's chill for a second. All right, here we go, legend gentlemen.
Speaker 5: Here he is K nine.
Speaker 4: Does the song have a name? Bobby Bone Show intro Love It CA nine and Nasty Night, Bobby Bone Show intro. Let's get Bobby.
Speaker 12: Oh, Bobby, Oh, Bobby, Oh, Bobby, Oh, Bob, Bobby, Oh, Bobby The Bone Show.
Speaker 4: Oh Bobby, Oh, Bobby, Oh?
Speaker 12: Oh bo Oh Bobby, Oh Bobby, Oh Bobby, Bobby, Oh, Bobby, Oh Bobby, Oh Bobby, Bob Oh Bobby, Oh, Bobby, Oh Bobby, Bobby, Bobby, Bobby, Oh Bobby, Bobby, Bobby, Oh, Bobby, Oh Bobby.
Speaker 6: The Bobbing Bone Show intro for Bobby going hard like I'm aiming and chilling with my boy box and producer edit intro for the show When you know we all ready?
Speaker 9: And two Incison Chugging.
Speaker 6: Seltzer Scooper, Steve, Mike, The Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 12: Bobby Bobby, Bobby, Oh, Bobby, Oh Bobby, Bobby Bone Show, Oh Bobby, Oh Bobby, Oh, Bobby, Oh, Bobby, Oh, Bob, Oh Bobby.
Speaker 5: That nice.
Speaker 4: Say, First of all, you nailed at live, nailed at live, Nasty Night. You are as nasty as I thought.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm not the one that usually be on camera. Yeah, so I'm a little nervous myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're running from anything?
Speaker 7: Are you good?
Speaker 1: No, I'm good.
Speaker 4: Because if you're running, you need to you can do it from the hallway.
Speaker 11: We can blow them out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that's funny, informant. We may make his voice deep around Okay. I felt good about that.
Speaker 5: I felt.
Speaker 4: I mean nasty, quite nasty. Yeah, yeah, nasty. Now your hype style seems I don't know, pretty chill, chill man.
Speaker 5: I'm chill, laid back.
Speaker 4: I'm more less, just here to calm his nerves, help them out a little bit. Oh, like one of those dogs, therapy dog. Yeah, I said, I felt that. What kind of dog would you be? Nasty night?
Speaker 9: Probably like a German shepherd.
Speaker 11: Emotional support Yeah, okaynine.
Speaker 5: What is your goal?
Speaker 4: First of all, it's great to meet you. It's been a long to meet you too. I'll be big fan, Thank you very much. What is your goal with this performance? You want somebody to hear you and think what I.
Speaker 6: Just want someone to hear me and give me a shot. Man, I'm looking for my shot. I'm hungrier than Joey chest On for the July Baby, I'm hungry baby.
Speaker 9: I want to eat it up. I want it. I need it. I need a record deal, I need something.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 6: I'm sick of working my butt off every day and you know, making little money, Like I feel like I'm.
Speaker 9: Better than that.
Speaker 4: Amen. Amen. So here's the only advice I would give you. From the first song that is nerve wrecking. You're in the studio with all of us, all the lights, everything, like you gotta own it. Just a little bit more like a little more enters. You don't get to jump around or anything, but just like a little bit more confidence. You have a song though, you have an original song? Yeah, I have Yeah, I mean so I have one here it says audio it's but it's a bad word in the song. What do you so it's fine?
Speaker 5: Is he doing it live or is he just listening to you?
Speaker 12: Hear it?
Speaker 5: Okay, cool, let me hear a little bit of this.
Speaker 14: I just might get a set of golden drop of mixtape where I had to give my straight Yeah, I had to make a life change.
Speaker 6: Fans came to my house trying to investigate.
Speaker 5: We'll get the mess I made.
Speaker 4: Don't take actually getting better though, that's crazy. Like one of the first time we talked to you. Yeah, and it's uh, we'll call it ship. He's got to get a ship straight, yeah, which we cut, so it kind of lost.
Speaker 5: You're getting better, turned up some more.
Speaker 14: No need to say things are going great. Got me a clean slate, chasing day in my pocket's her way.
Speaker 9: My mind is clear.
Speaker 14: I just needed a break better than ever the world. I've ondeva not much of a giver. I'm more of a spread of sticking to the basics. No more crazy places, no more core costs or for the last Avid Davis SMIKEE.
Speaker 5: Guess you're like, no more core costs.
Speaker 4: You clean it up a little bit because you got your ship straight, all right. I don't even know what to say here as far as like what you're trying to do while you're here. Like, I know that Jelly Roll's mom listens.
Speaker 9: Hey, maybe she'll tell her sonsy me, you know, give me.
Speaker 4: A shot and he's probably sleep. But you know, we know jelly pretty good. So if jelly Roll's mom is listening, would you say to her right now.
Speaker 6: Hey, miss jelly Roll, it's Canine, you know, like I told them, you know, I started from the bottom like Bobby, and I'm trying to make it to the top.
Speaker 9: Baby.
Speaker 6: So if you can tell Jelly you got you know someone that's hungry and is willing to do whatever it takes.
Speaker 9: I'm that man, I'm canain. Let's go.
Speaker 4: And also, if there're anybody you know works in a record label publishing company and they're looking for something like what you want to say to them?
Speaker 6: Like I said before, I'm hungrier than Joey chesna on on the fourth of July. So if you're not hungry, he gets I'm hungrier than that, let's go. You freestyle at all a little bit.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna ask you to do that now, but you have a song that you do whenever you do you perform, do you get to performed all?
Speaker 9: I haven't performed in a while.
Speaker 4: Do you have any of your songs that you know that you could go appella right now?
Speaker 6: I was born on the wrong side of the lake back in West Kentucky, only a couple of teeth missing.
Speaker 9: Mama, I'm so lucky.
Speaker 6: Mug cooys from West Virginia, singing country roads, living off the land like licking heads of toads. Mount and Mama take my home to the place where I reside kick back, drank whiskey, reminiscence on Who's Died, moonlight, porch lot, bud lot, drunk fights, living with that hangover. We got work at some ride. Sticking to my roots. But I used to be a thug, hit licks, cook crystal. I used to sell them drugs. But now I'm sticking with my job, working nine to five, poor out some moonshine both my uncles in pride. Is you with me today? Is you reaching your fate? Do you got what it takes? Are you pushing your weight?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, right, we like that. Okay, here's a imna say knew. First of all, great to meet you, Like we've had a relationship on the phone for a long time or you call them in the show. I've always said if you can get up here, we're gonna talk to you. So the fact that you're up here is really cool for me.
Speaker 9: Like I like that.
Speaker 4: So secondly, I'm gonna tell you to keep crafting because I don't think you're there yet, but I think if you spend more time focused on it, you can get closer to it, which you'll get somebody closer to you to go, Hey, we'd like to give you an opportunity because I don't think you're there yet, but I like that you have a great work ethic, you have a great story. That's two things you really can't replicate, right, so you can have to learn to spend a little time getting better at what you're doing. Putting it out, release your songs, get on TikTok, get ready. Though it doesn't matter what you put out, people are gonna have good things and bad things to say. Getting Nate to be a little a little more nasty Nate, nasty it up. But that's it. Like, I'm proud of you for trying to keep pushing and to stay clean. Like step one is get all the big stuff right so then you can do everything else. I feel like you've done that. I feel pretty good amy anything you want to say to K nine.
Speaker 11: Well, yeah, so what's like you're leaving here, what's gonna be the next thing that you're gonna do? Towards what Bobby said, pers thing go.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm probably gonna go to the gym after this, get a great pump with Nasty Nate, and then.
Speaker 9: Honestly probably go home, hug my wife and hug my son. I miss him. Tremendously and then probably get to work, get a TikTok account, and you make a TikTok.
Speaker 11: On the airplane. You go to TikTok making an.
Speaker 4: Account and be like, all right, and just if if you come up with some lines, yeah, you know, drop them, do it into that. You're not gonna get response to everything, engagements. I'll be great for everything, but just keep putting it out over and over again.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, yes, Nasty Night. What are you trying to do?
Speaker 4: What's so nasty about you?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 4: Nothing?
Speaker 5: You a rapper?
Speaker 9: No, not a rapper.
Speaker 4: I'm going to school for personal training, so looking to do that. Do you train him?
Speaker 9: I try to, but he doesn't like to take the critique.
Speaker 4: M that's tough.
Speaker 11: But you're gonna have to be nine. You have to be open to other critiques.
Speaker 9: No, yeah, definitely on this journey, definitely.
Speaker 4: Well, look, I've had a great time with you guys, Nasty Night. Did did he just bring you up here to hang out?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I just rode along just to hang out, keep the company and.
Speaker 5: Make sure he's good.
Speaker 11: But he did the whenever he did this song, He's like, yeah, so what I do with the idiots?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, nasty eddie, not the same thing. We don't call you that for the.
Speaker 5: Same reason, Zobby.
Speaker 11: Maybe share with CA nine a tip.
Speaker 4: For like you suggest your mouth guy.
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, okay, So you suggested he's got to carve out time during the week to find it with a full time job, a three year old of wife, So like, what's a tip on how he can find that time?
Speaker 4: Yeah? First of all, there is no such thing as an excuse, because if you have one, nobody cares. So you can have one, but it ain't gonna affect anything. If you got fifteen minutes during your lunch break, if you get an hour, take fifteen ride a little bit, keep a notepad on you right in your phone. That's what I do all the time. I'm constantly busy doing different things. But if I got an idea, I jot on my phone. So do stuff like that. You can know fifteen minutes, turn your phone on record into it.
Speaker 8: You got it.
Speaker 4: Eventually, Maybe you can go do like a if they're having like a local come out and open mic. Do it there, Get in front of people, Be prepared for people to cheer, prepared for people to laugh at you, be prepared for everything. Because it's all going to happen. So but you, nothing's going to happen, nothing get started for you until you get started, yes, sir, all right, yeah, but I'm proud of you.
Speaker 9: I appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Let me come up here, man, Like, honestly, this is like something like I feel like would be in a movie. Like I was a nobody at work. This is the first time I've talked to you when I'm not at work. I'm a nobody at work with a shove on my hand.
Speaker 9: I call you.
Speaker 6: I was like, man, you know, I got to hustle my way, say something interesting, get through the call center. Then when I get on the phone with Bobby'll be like, yeah, I make music.
Speaker 9: I'm K nine. So it happened. Now I'm here, Like, God is real. I was meant to be here. This is awesome.
Speaker 4: So my favorite thing about the call center is it's Abby with a phone from like nineteen ninety over there. Hey, well I want to I be over so over so I got on you want us over to Buddy? Yeah, so you guys can follow K nine. It's at K nine Underscore Florida. Well, I know I probably change that too, K nine If you could change it. I mean it's hard to just say, could you do like Florida? K nine? Could you do like me? Anytime you gotta put an underscore in there. It's just like what so work on that too. Make it easy for people to find you. Let us know when you change it. But right now it is K nine. Underscore Florida and make your TikTok name the exact same thing. Make sure you can have them both, and then just start putting out there. All right, buddy, sir, All right, there he is K nine.
Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the Week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: Remember back in twenty twenty one, Lunchbox stood on a street corner and a tourist bus drove by, and we were trying to figure out if anybody would recognize Lunchbox because he claimed he is so so famous. Well, nobody did, And after that happened, he still couldn't let go of the fact that he wasn't as famous as he thought. So he put out a top twenty five most famous list in Nashville, and of course he was on that list. It's been a couple of years and a listener wanted an update. He wanted to know what that list looks like today. So Lunchbox shared his updated top twenty five most famous people in Nashville list, and I hate to break it to y'all, but Lunchbox himself has moved up the.
Speaker 1: List number four.
Speaker 4: This is a voicemail from Ben, who lives in Kansas.
Speaker 8: He was watching clips from the line and watching Lunchbox is most famous twenty five in Nashville, and he said it conflectually, and we talked about an update. I'd love to get an updated the list and see where he lands. All right, thanks you all.
Speaker 4: It's a never riending story with Lunchbox about how he thinks he's very famous in town, and so he made a list of the top twenty five most famous people in Nashville and he falls somewhere on the list every time. He, according to him, is actually the most famous person on this show as well, over you, right over all of us, at least before. I don't know how his new list is. So do you want to do part of the list right now? Yeah? You start at twenty five?
Speaker 5: You want to start at twenty five, or you want to start at one.
Speaker 4: Well, no, I wouldn't want to start at one because that's that Well.
Speaker 5: I'm not number one. I'll tell you that. No, we didn't think you were number one. Okay, so should we go? Should we go twenty five.
Speaker 4: To like ten fifteen today, top ten tomorrow? Okay, go ahead twenty five?
Speaker 5: I don't know if that's what you want to do. Why? Why? Okay?
Speaker 9: Why?
Speaker 5: Fine?
Speaker 4: Okay, I guess we'll see.
Speaker 11: He didn't have a why you say why?
Speaker 4: He justld is he not in the top Well, what do you want to do?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 5: Number one.
Speaker 4: I feel like you're fighting for number one.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, no, no no, because I'm not in the top ten. So I mean it's anti climatic if we do it now.
Speaker 4: No, we know you're not in the top ten. Okay, we none of us ever thought you would be in the top ten, even your own list, okay, just making sure. But to be in the top twenty five, it's still ridiculous. Go ahead, number twenty five. Let's go number one.
Speaker 5: I feel like you want to know number twenty five.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna kill.
Speaker 5: We're going twenty five to what twenty five? Go knows? Just go Keith Urban twenty five? Good, yeah, twenty five Mitchell Tenpenny hold on.
Speaker 4: You think Mitchell ten Penny is more famous than Keith Urban.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was opening for Luke Combs this weekend, so I didn't see Keith Urban doing it.
Speaker 4: He wouldn't open it for anybody's trying to do it. He didn't see it.
Speaker 5: Vega didn't see Keith Urban doing any I had twenty three Jordan Davis. He's a newcomer to the list.
Speaker 4: Nice job Jordan making the countdown this week. Graduates twenty two.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean he's had a big year, he won an award. I think Bailey Zimmerman. Oh, yep, he's everywhere, a lot of.
Speaker 4: Changing in the guards, more famous than Keith Urban. I just have a problem with Urban at twenty five. I think go Ahead number twenty one, Jelly Roll. It's selling out everywhere.
Speaker 5: Go Ahead number twenty Another newcomer, Cody Johnson, huge star now right, did you agree?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Nineteen nineteen Kane Brown, you're still not on this list and you're telling us you're still coming up? Yeah, I mean we can do We should do this in two parts all today. Yeah, let's just get this over with, right. You're thinking, no, no, we can.
Speaker 5: Week wait till tomorrow. Give me eighteen number eighteen lunchbos let's go.
Speaker 11: I don't know how does he determined.
Speaker 4: Number eight You're more famous in your mind than Kane Brown, Cody Johnson, Jordan Davis, and Keith Urban.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so dumb.
Speaker 4: What about you makes you more famous than those guys?
Speaker 5: Just my ability?
Speaker 4: What I do?
Speaker 5: My talent, People know me, recognize me as what do you do?
Speaker 4: That's a good What is your talent? I'm asking you to I talk on the.
Speaker 5: Radio, my humor, my you know, bluntness, boldness, my ability to talk to make people feel fun, laugh.
Speaker 4: To make people feel fun.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's like I put people in a good mood. They hear me every morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, let's just roll through the rest of these. Seventeen.
Speaker 5: Reba McIntyre, she beat you by one. Yeah, I mean she hadn't really been doing much lately.
Speaker 4: She's on that show on ABC, that drama.
Speaker 11: She's coming out with a book.
Speaker 4: But it's not about it's not about what they're doing now. It's famous.
Speaker 5: It's general fame, That's what I'm saying. But they're kind of starting to get forgotten about.
Speaker 9: No, they're not.
Speaker 4: Sixteen Garth Brooks, fifteen Bobby Bones Newcomers I will say I don't want to have anything to do with this or Reva or No, I don't need to do with it. I don't have Bobby Bone. I would like to remove myself from the list.
Speaker 5: Know you can't remove yourself. It's just where you fall. I looked at like Google searches things like that. Fourteen, Thomas Rant thirteen, Kitty Chesney twelve, Dolly Parton eleven, Laney Wilson.
Speaker 9: The Dolly and Laney thing.
Speaker 4: Have a problem with this, that's ridiculous. I think we've already determined have a problem with Dolly be behind anybody. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 6: Weird.
Speaker 5: Uh, that's it. We'll stopped till the morrow. We're gonna keep going.
Speaker 4: It ain't worth waiting a day on ten.
Speaker 5: Sam Hunt nine, Chris Stapleton eight, Jason al Dean seven, Miranda Lambert.
Speaker 4: By the way, this is Lunchbox is the most famous people in Nashville right now. He put himself at number eighteen yep above. He's more famous in his mind than Cane Brown, Cody Johnson, Jelly Roll, Jordan Davis, Keith, Urban go Ahead, number six, Tim McGraw okay five, Blake Shelton, I don't mind all these I'm nailing it.
Speaker 5: My list is great, that's not bad.
Speaker 9: I don't mind.
Speaker 5: I have not heard any argument on any Well, we're trying to get over. Get over with number four, Luke Bryan three, carry Under one, two, Luke Comb's one, Morgan Boom, good job did Where would you disagree a lot?
Speaker 4: It's hard to argue with when you got into top eight.
Speaker 5: Pretty much nailed it.
Speaker 4: But it's it's it's just a weird list. I think Lady's killing it, but I can't put her in front of Dolly or Garth or Reba. I think Lunchbox doesn't deserve to be on the list, nor does myself.
Speaker 5: I mean, who would you put in there? Who? See? That's the thing. It's easy to criticize a list when you, oh, you can't put that person there, But then who would you put on?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Who did you leave out? Was there anybody that was that almost made the list?
Speaker 5: No, it was tough to come up with twenty five.
Speaker 4: What Dirk's Dirk's Bentley faith He had.
Speaker 5: Been around for a while.
Speaker 4: He had a song just go number one talking about Faith Hill.
Speaker 5: I mean is she still here? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's married to Tim so's here and it's it's fame, right, Tricia Trisia Year would come on, Eric Church, I haven't heard from him in a minute.
Speaker 5: You haven't.
Speaker 4: No Darius, No one knows Darius.
Speaker 5: I don't know where. I think Darius is in South Carolina, just hang out.
Speaker 4: Nope, he lives here now.
Speaker 5: Oh see, there you go. Didn't know that, Marin. Did you even think of these people?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 5: Didn't think they needed to be on the list.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Lunchbox is at number eighteen on the list of the most famous people in Nashville.
Speaker 5: Okay, So did you have the arrow up? Er? Arrow down? My arrow was up?
Speaker 4: What were you last time?
Speaker 5: I was like twenty something if I remember, So, what have you done to go?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: I had an acting debut.
Speaker 4: You didn't have a single line, and it was a stage play.
Speaker 5: It wasn't an acting debut. You did you did answer my question. You didn't answer my question. You always say, I don't answer your question. Wasn't an acting debut?
Speaker 4: Questionable, no, no, no, go ahead. It wasn't a debut. You did Friday in That Lights as an extra and they cut your line and dubbed it over with somebody else.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so no, it was not acting.
Speaker 11: That's the acting debut was talking about about.
Speaker 5: The Well I forgot about my other acting debut.
Speaker 4: What other one I'm talking about that he didn't have a line, and then the other line he had a fron light they cut it.
Speaker 11: We're talking about both of the like maybe a.
Speaker 4: Guy that's funny with his voice didn't have any voice lines. Interesting, we'll get three you from moving up?
Speaker 11: Well, he just you know what, guys, he makes people feel funny.
Speaker 4: It is like Amy and Eddie. Are we even close?
Speaker 5: No, I had an acting debut, not fifty You ain't fifty.
Speaker 4: No. Okay, if you did the whole population.
Speaker 6: He might make it.
Speaker 11: But so he just did country artists.
Speaker 4: Anybody in Nashville Sheryl Crow didn't get on there.
Speaker 5: But what about all the athletes and no Amy, this is like the country music business.
Speaker 4: Oh no, but it's you said Nashville Tannehill.
Speaker 11: Okay, if there's country music business, I feel like there's like because there's the label.
Speaker 5: Presidents in the show don't know who Ryan Tannehill is.
Speaker 4: So I would say ninety some people do.
Speaker 5: If he walked in this room, you would not know who he was, we'd have to tell you it's Ryan Tannehill walking.
Speaker 4: That's true. Yeah. I saw The True Food and I was like, I think that's Ryan Tanner. You know him?
Speaker 11: The other the guy from Hawaii looks like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he doesn't play here anymore. Marcus Marrio, Yeah, the guy from Hawaii.
Speaker 5: She doesn't even know his name. Dan and oh good one. They had to be together to be recognized.
Speaker 4: Well, we appreciate that list, wouldn't you agree?
Speaker 5: Like if they're separate, it's just like they're just two guys.
Speaker 4: I don't think so. Now they're separate, they'd be just one guy. You know what I'm saying, They're just two Like, oh, that's just two dudes. When they're together, it's like, oh that's.
Speaker 5: Dan and Shay.
Speaker 4: Oh what about Charles Kelly Lady A, No, no, he has to be with Lady h So they're only to get.
Speaker 11: Ye Walker Hayes.
Speaker 4: Come on, isn't this how this all started? With Walker Hayes for lunch Box was like claiming he was more famous than Walker hay thinks that's how this whole thing started. Right, Okay, I'm done on that, but thank you for your list. We'll check back in a month or so if someone asked for it.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, we can. I mean people can earn their way back up on the list. People can drop all if you just gotta get out there and do stuff. I hear you. I mean yeah, I remember what it means. I gotta go. I had a couple of videos go viral.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean you did when Jelly Roll's video went viral of you in it, but you didn't even get credited.
Speaker 11: Oh he's talking about I was in Peyton Manning video.
Speaker 5: Peyton Manning video.
Speaker 4: You weren't even in that one.
Speaker 5: My voice was That's probably what made it go viral.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two and.
Speaker 3: Another chaotic Lunchbox segment that happened on the show this week. We heard the audio from his nine one one call when he saw a reckless driver slash drunk driver possibly and he called nine one one to let him know what was going on and he kept following the driver. Well, we heard the whole call and what went down, and let's just say it's pure chaos.
Speaker 5: Number three.
Speaker 4: Last week, Lunchbox told us he again called nine one one. It's his favorite thing to do. And sometimes we're like, you don't need to call nine one one for that. This time, though, we felt like what you didn't while you did it, like it made sense, So tell the lesseners what you did.
Speaker 5: So I was even a soccer game and there was a white truck in front of me and it was swerving all over the road, leaving the roadway, and I was like, okay, this is obviously a drunk driver. So I called nine to one one to report the drunk driver, thinking okay, the police are coming, woo woo, pop them, pull them over, cut them, stuff them, because definitely going to the drunk tank. And then you follow him a little.
Speaker 4: I did follow, okay, so I may I may have gone the opposite direction where my house was. But he's also changed this story a couple of times where he said he may have passed an exit, but now he's turned around, he's following right.
Speaker 5: I mean they may have been going left, and so I went left with him and then they took an exit.
Speaker 4: Yes, so when you call nine one one, that's available for anybody to get. So we have lunchboxes. Call two nine one one so we can hear it. It's about a minute long. And then lunchbox is a few things to say afterward, right, yes, okay, go.
Speaker 11: Ahead, Saturday, April Lights.
Speaker 4: The time is nine pm, nine one one.
Speaker 7: What's your emergency?
Speaker 13: I guess, ma'am. I'm driving and there's white truck in front of me. Is all over the road. I mean swerving left right, and I mean, I guess not swerving more drifting lane to lane where we're about to take exit three and we're gonna, oh no, we're gonna go to the left, so we're gonna go wait, wait.
Speaker 2: Are you following him?
Speaker 13: I don't think you should follow him? No, no, no, no, I'm not following This is this is the way I go home. It's it's just the same way, and he just happens to be taking the same exit and we're gonna we're.
Speaker 4: Doing the loop.
Speaker 13: We're gonna be doing the loopy loop. Don't follow him, if you can, just maybe try to get the license plate. Yeah, I mean yeah, I mean, oh man, he's just like this is the red lights. He's stopping at the red lights. But right off it like when he hits starts up, he starts swerving over the lane right away, like it's just like, oh my gosh, Okay.
Speaker 6: Well, thank you so much.
Speaker 10: Don't follow him, and if you can, can you like get off of the highway now?
Speaker 13: And yee, I mean, this is just the way I'm going home, my god, this is my way to my house. He just happens to be going the same way.
Speaker 11: Okay, I let the officers.
Speaker 13: No, all right, thank you so much for calling. All right, bye.
Speaker 4: Did you ever get the license plate?
Speaker 5: No, because I couldn't get close enough good the license plate. And you are lying, you well a little bit, a little bit, but you were lying.
Speaker 4: You aren't going in the direction.
Speaker 5: You're right, Okay, go ahead. But here's my thing. I felt like she was just annoyed with me the whole time.
Speaker 4: I felt like she was just like, I think she didn't want you to follow him because it could have ended bad for you. Let's say he sees you following him, turns around with gun and so i'd shoot at you, crashes into you, You crash trying to follow him, And I think she caught you in the lie too, so she's like not falling for that. And also you couldn't give her the license plate, so you really couldn't help her at all.
Speaker 5: No, No, but I told her Okay, we're exiting three, exit three doing the loopty Lou, and it's a white truck. I mean, I explained that what a loopti lou is for people that don't know, is when you exit and you circle back the loo. Yeah, you instead of hitting a stop while you go underneath the bridge and come back around so in a voids the stop. It's called a loopty Lou. Don't know if that's the technical term, but that's what I call it. And I just like her tone of voice to me was like she was annoyed that I called, Like I'm not supposed to call nine to one one for that. I don't know, but she didn't seem like, oh thanks for calling.
Speaker 4: You really couldn't give her anything. I think it's her frustration. You couldn't get her the license plate and you wouldn't stop following him.
Speaker 5: I was keeping a safe distance. Yeah, I hear you.
Speaker 4: I don't feel like she was annoyed. Annoyed though, do you like she could do nothing about it? He didn't give her enough information to do anything.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I feel like she was doing her job. But also it's her job to keep other people safe involved, so she was probably just that's what he's picking up. The vibe from her is like sir, but like.
Speaker 5: When I'm on stop doing it. Like when I watch TV, Like when I watch those dateline ones, right, they're like, stay on the phone, don't hang up until the officer arrives. This one, she's like, all right, thanks, And I'm like, well, does that always? Is that for a drunk driver?
Speaker 11: Though?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 11: I think that's like if you're in a closet hiding from burglar, like try, yeah, like.
Speaker 4: Try to stay on so we can save your life because someone's in your house. I might kill you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just saying when I watch TV, and they always say don't hang up. And then she's like, Okay, thanks for calling. She's already ready to get off the phone and be like she's got something to be at or something like.
Speaker 4: Maybe she did, maybe she had another call Eddy, was you here there? I mean I think that you're right.
Speaker 10: He had no information for her and she got all the information she can possibly get from lunchbox. And then it's almost like his prank calls where he just doesn't stop talking. He starts stammering a lot, right, and so she's just like wrap it up. I gotta either get I mean, she's got to send the cops out there.
Speaker 4: One and two.
Speaker 10: She probably has like her phone lines are probably ringing for more calls, probably in a closet, and she's like, stay on the phone.
Speaker 5: I got this idiot. He's chasing a car, not chasing, not chasing following.
Speaker 4: You have no reason to be upset about the call. Yeah, after hearing it back, I would be a little more succinct. I would be a little more descriptive.
Speaker 5: I was trying to, but like whenever the guy was swerving, it would make me. I would get like I would like visually, like just as you're watching it live, you can't you can't not react. So it's like I'm in mid conversation when something happens, you like, you don't know how to describe it because it freaks you out.
Speaker 11: It probably freaks you out extra if you have kids in the car, Yeah.
Speaker 5: It probably does.
Speaker 4: Did you you have your kids in the car? Did you tell us that he did? Oh?
Speaker 5: No, no, yeah, yeah, but I told you I was maintaining a safe distance. Why are you chasing? They did? They asked me, why are you calling the police?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: You know, they're just they might be sick, they might need a doctor.
Speaker 4: I like a lot of lying going on. Okay, you have no reason to be upset. Okay, all good. You made a good call. Though. What I would say next time is be a little more prepared to try not to be so reactional to what's happening, so you can describe to her what's happening.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, all right, And so next time I should have spikes, is what you're saying.
Speaker 4: But do you know what run ahead of them? I'm out there, No, not at all.
Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: Megan Roney stopped by the studio this week. This was her first time in and she put on an awesome performance of two of her songs.
Speaker 2: But you can check out not on this podcast.
Speaker 3: We can't play the performances, but you can go to YouTube Bobby Bone Show and they're both up there and they're so great. She also answered listeners comfortable questions, and she talked about the inspiration behind her songwriting. Plus you get to hear some crazy thing that happened to me recently and why Megan Maroney is kind of involved. So it's just a lot going on here, but I love Megan and she was so awesome in the studio.
Speaker 15: So here you go.
Speaker 2: Here is Bobby's interview with Megan Maroney, number.
Speaker 1: Two, so Bobby Bones Show Interviews. In case you didn't know.
Speaker 4: Her name is Megan Maroney. You may have heard this song right here. Tennessee Orange yea born and raised in Georgia. She was at Uga studied to be an accountant, and she switched her major to do marketing and music business, and well then she started writing songs, and there she found out she was she loved songwriting. Now she's killing it. Her debut album, Lucky comes out on May fifth, and let's talk to her now here she is the Friday.
Speaker 15: Morning Conversation with Megan Maroney.
Speaker 4: Megan, how you been great? Good to see you.
Speaker 15: Good to see you.
Speaker 4: We haven't seen each other since probably like fall of last year, and I feel like since then it's been a rocket ship.
Speaker 8: Just to me.
Speaker 4: You're just crushing it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: Does the last five six months seem like a blur?
Speaker 15: Yeah? I don't even know what day it is today, but we're here and I'm excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, congratulations, thank you. Yes, that's when you like are starting to make it when it's so blurry you can't even see what it is. Yeah, but you're you're blowing up a new album about to hit as well. Every time I look on Instagram, somebody's like, you know, got some Megan Maroni tea that I've already heard three times. Everybody just keeps posting it because they know people are like searching for your name and hashtags and stuff. So congratulations on all that.
Speaker 15: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: How has Tennessee Orange been when you play a live does everybody just sing it like crazy?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 16: I played my first festival this weekend, which was Tortuga, and I played the next from Nashville Stage.
Speaker 15: I think that's what it's called.
Speaker 16: And it was insane. It was the loudest I've ever heard people sing it, So it's awesome.
Speaker 4: Would you, for the sake of this show here, would you give us some Tennessee Orange? And this is how a long time ago, I was flipping through social media, I mean last fall before that, and I was like, this song's really good, Let's get Megan. She came over, we did an hour long Bobby cast and from that now, I think it's like thirteen this week on the chart and still flying up the chart. So here it is the song that kind of started it all. This version of you here is Megan Maroney, Tennessee Orange Nice Megan Moroney.
Speaker 5: He's not great.
Speaker 4: I have a lot of things to talk about with that in that song, specifically number one to be known by people for Tennessee. It's got to be weird when you're such a Georgia Bulldog fan, because if you don't just listen, if you have to listen to every part of the song to even know really what you're saying, because I bet you a.
Speaker 5: Lot of people just think you're a huge Tennessee fan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta be like I ain't.
Speaker 15: Yeah, no, not at all.
Speaker 4: And your whole bulldog contingent, They like, we can write it's a bulldog song now or what?
Speaker 16: Actually In one of my songs on my record, God plays a Gibson. I'm talking about God and I say this year, it's pretty clear he's a Georgia Bulldogs fan.
Speaker 15: You still get those in there, so we're still plugging Georgia.
Speaker 4: I was looking at the calendar. Tonight's the twenty first, and you'll be in Knoxville. You're gonna play that song in Knoxville where they're all crazy Tennessee fans where our shows on at Knoxville too, Like, they're probably gonna sing that back louder than any version of a crowd you've ever seen in your whole life.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I've never played in Knoxville.
Speaker 5: So they're nuts.
Speaker 6: Really.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I go over there and they sing right the top the whole time, and they beat us most of the times. They're nuts because they're just a very passionate group, which I can respect, right, and they're gonna look, they're gonna be foaming at the mouth for that song.
Speaker 5: You can play the first, middle, and the end.
Speaker 15: I am wearing a Tennessee jersey there, which.
Speaker 4: Leads me to a different thing. My wife and I are both rabid fans meet Arkansas razorbacks her Oklahoma sooners. Neither one of us will were the other people's still, and we've been married almost two years at this point.
Speaker 15: That's fair.
Speaker 4: I will never wear Oklahoma red or oh you, and she will never wear Arkansas. So the fact that you could even sing that song like, I commend to you know, true love song if you will, that is a true love song. By the way, Megan will be in Knoxville tonight, Eddie's addic in Georgia Indicator which is out near Atlanta tomorrow night, and then Fable Arkansas it kind of you know my neck next weekend the twenty seventh, and had he's working Missippi on the twenty eighth on the Pistol Made of Roses tour. The Pistol Made of Roses? Where did that come from?
Speaker 16: So that's a line in my song I Love Me, which is on the EP It just says I'm a pistol made roses.
Speaker 15: I don't keep up with the Joneses.
Speaker 4: Oh cool, it's got a ryme on it too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what she did there.
Speaker 1: The Friday Morning conversation with Megan Maroney.
Speaker 4: Began a question for you. Your record comes out May fifth. It's called Lucky. You just put out Girl in the Mirror, which we're going to talk about in a second. But there's a song called I'm Not Pretty that's on the record. Will you explain kind of the premise of I'm Not Pretty?
Speaker 16: Yes, okay, So I kind of laid out in the lyrics, but what had happened was is it was like two am I'm awake, and so was my ex boyfriend's new girlfriend. She accidentally liked a photo from twenty sixteen from Panama City, and I'm sure she thought it's two am. There's no way she saw it. But obviously not only did I see it, I wrote a whole song about it. So I just thought it was funny because it's what it was, twenty twenty two. Then I'm like, twenty sixteen was a long time ago. Why are you digging that deep? It's got to be like she's trying to dig up something or something got to be right. Yeah, and so yeah, it's just a lighthearted song about that situation.
Speaker 4: I'd feel very lighthearted. I've heard lighthearted songs, you know. Let me play a clip of that, and I want to get into something specifically about that. Here is a little bit of I'm Not Pretty.
Speaker 16: Sows Holy Friends, Girlfriend's Girls.
Speaker 4: Graham, So Morgan, I don't know if you know Morgan. Here this is Morgan Morgan, Megan, Megan, Morgan, Morgan, Maga, So Morgan, this recently happened to you?
Speaker 2: Kind of Yeah, I'm straight up living this song.
Speaker 3: My ex boyfriend's new girlfriend and her friend, although not subtly, have been like trying to troll me in my dms go perfect as themselves as themselves, like you can click on their profile and it's them.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we checked them out.
Speaker 5: Well, how do I wait? I didn't.
Speaker 15: I thought they had like the dog Instagram or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think like a burner.
Speaker 3: They nope, and I it must have been bad because then I got blocked by my ex on Instagram.
Speaker 2: I was like, something happened somewhere they sang to you. They were telling me that I need to fix my hair and I look fake and I'm very basic.
Speaker 4: My gosh, why would they do it on their own name? I'm not even like, why would they do that with their own accounts?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Oh, just like straight up.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they just had, you know, no filter with everything and they just didn't care.
Speaker 2: Maybe was it l No, it was like eight o'clock on a Thursday AM.
Speaker 4: So what did you do?
Speaker 5: Did you respond to them?
Speaker 3: I haven't, but I thought about it because I listened to Megan's song. It became after this happened, your song went on repeat.
Speaker 16: I was like, this is my life, your story and tag them right they want to, only it's only their tag like that, I may do that now that may be the response I have to you can.
Speaker 4: Blame me in your songwriting, Megan. I've feel like you and Luke come to somebody who does this really well. Like Luke Combs knows who he's singing to and about and why he's singing to them and about them and for them. I feel like you do this as well, Like you know who you're singing too, you know what you're singing about, and you know why you're singing it to them. When you're writing songs and you're like, this is exactly where I want to go because they will know, they'll feel it like this, you know, most of it feels like it's like, you know, women twenty thirties, like I feel that. Do you feel like that's accurate at all?
Speaker 16: Yeah? Definitely, I think And like when I'm writing songs like this, I went through that situation and I'm like, what would make me feel better? And I'm like taking this and having this song that makes girls feel confident, and it's like it happens everybody, so everybody gets it. And it's just like I could have gotten mad and said something, but I'm like, instead, I'm just gonna.
Speaker 4: Write this, which is like a bigger investment that pays off far greater, far later. One of my dear friends is Christian Bush, who is one half of sugar Land, And so how do you know Christian? And how did that get you here?
Speaker 15: So I went to you.
Speaker 16: Obviously I'm made that my whole personality. But I was an intern for him in the Music Business program, so him and his brother. I was a publishing intern.
Speaker 4: In Georgia and Atlanta.
Speaker 15: Georgia and Atlanta. Y'ad have to drive for maths to Atlanta.
Speaker 16: And I didn't really say anything about being I wasn't an aspiring songwriter because at that time I had written like two songs, So I didn't really say anything. And then once I moved, he had reached out and asked. So everything was going and stuff, and then he offered to help.
Speaker 4: So it's just that's crazy.
Speaker 5: From then I didn't even tell him.
Speaker 16: Well, I walked in and I saw a Grammy on the wall, and I was like, Okay, I'm not an aspiring songwriter.
Speaker 15: I'm an intern and I'm gonna go get your coffee.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: When you won the CMT Award, do you have a speech planned already?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: You didn't.
Speaker 15: No, I was so scared. I was so scared. I didn't even when I got off stage, I was like, did I just speak English? I have no idea?
Speaker 4: So you you did not think you're gonna win at all? So you didn't even think about his speech? No, were you watching the mouth or they go like because you always know when the first like syllable, I do an, how much like they can say Bobby when they go claw.
Speaker 5: I'm like, dang it? What mean?
Speaker 13: Well? Yeah?
Speaker 16: The only reason I knew was because my manager was sitting next to me and she got up and was jumping and screaming.
Speaker 15: I couldn't hear an. I was just like, it feels like a blur. Really, I And when I saw videos.
Speaker 16: From like my friend's perspective, there were cameras like in front of my face the whole time. I don't know how I didn't see them, you know, like they were ready to get my reaction.
Speaker 15: And I was like, how did I miss that?
Speaker 5: They're literally right in front of her, the only person, and she didn't see that.
Speaker 15: I think I was a little starstruck by Parker McCollum.
Speaker 4: Honestly, that's funny. And how would you do it differently?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 4: If you knew you go into the awards you're gonna win. They're get okay, you're gonna win, So we need you to be prepared. What would you do differently up on stage in your speech?
Speaker 15: I wouldn't say holy crap. I did say that that's embarrassing.
Speaker 16: But and also I like said something about my mom and her like driving me through the night, but I didn't explain that well, so everyone thought that my mom drove me to the CMT Awards overnight, but it was to the music.
Speaker 15: I just I couldn't think straight. So I'm surprised they even like said words.
Speaker 4: Meghan Marony is here if you don't mind, would you, because Lucky comes out on May fifth, and I mean, so you've already got four songs now, right, Tennessee Orange, I'm not pretty lucky. Girl in the Mirror, right, there was the four Girl in the Mirror just came out. Would you give us a little bit of Girl in the Mirror? Is that cool?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: Here she is Megan Maroney. This is Girl in the Mirror. Bobby bone Chow, Meghan Marone, you're a crazy good songwriter. And you know you're crazy good songwriter. It's just we get to see everybody, the best of the best, the giants and the Land of Giants, and still like something about your songwriting, it's it's special. Yeah, it's really good. Obviously you're a great singer, but it's like a lot of people can sing, but it's like, how do you take your message and make sure it resonates in a way that and I'm not a girl in the mirror, and I'm.
Speaker 5: Like, I feel that.
Speaker 11: I get it.
Speaker 4: So really like, I know you're celebrated a lot now I get it, and you should be. But it's powerful stuff. You're really great songwriter.
Speaker 15: Thank you.
Speaker 4: So it's also not my first time to hear you because but look, it's awesome. I'm glad you came by. She's doing her Pistol Made Roses tour. We talked about a lot of those early shows and then she's in Geneva, Alabama, on the twenty ninth, but again tonight in Knoxville. All my Knoxville listeners, everybody out there. If there are any tickets left, I don't even know that there are. There probably aren't a lot of these shows are sold out, but go it's worth buying the scalper tickets. I don't know if that's true or not. I don't know it.
Speaker 5: Do you want to do?
Speaker 4: Let's do the awkward questions from listeners real quick. Five questions. Who's the most famous person that follows Megan Moroney on Instagram?
Speaker 15: Most famous?
Speaker 4: She's looking at somebody for help. It's like, it's like Stefani I just saw follows you on Instagram?
Speaker 5: What the heck is right? How did you not get that? Okay, here we go. Next?
Speaker 4: Who is the I heard her room yelling gas? Who is the last celebrity to DM? You guy? Your girl doesn't matter? Blue check mark? We'll call it a blue check mark. We have a uh can we phone mind your to your room?
Speaker 16: Here?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 4: The old dominion you guys?
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, Matt Ramsey just called me so well, you know, we'll count it.
Speaker 4: We'll count it. Does Meghan Roney get closed for free?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 4: Isn't it the best part?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 15: These boots for free?
Speaker 11: They're so cute?
Speaker 5: Yes and the best.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're paid for the genes. Does Meghan Morony dye her hair?
Speaker 15: Of course?
Speaker 4: And finally, does Megan Moroney fabricate stories about exes? Have better stories about her songs?
Speaker 15: Fabricate stories about her exes.
Speaker 4: To have better stories about her songs. For songs, I think they meant.
Speaker 15: I think as a songwriter.
Speaker 16: Obviously not every single line is going to be true, but the core of these stories that I tell her true.
Speaker 9: I love it.
Speaker 4: There she is. Isn't she great?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes, let's be honest.
Speaker 4: Isn't she great? The record comes out in May fifth. It's the debut album, but full album. We already we already have some good stuff. But the full album is coming out, and you guys check it out. We'll talk about it the day comes out. But it's called Lucky and that's congrats on everything.
Speaker 15: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll see when the world spends back around and your back around. There she has Megan Maroni.
Speaker 13: Everybody I read it.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: This unfortunately comes in at the number one spot for the sake of Amy is why I'm saying. Unfortunately. She was mistaken as Bobby's wife, Caitlyn's mom.
Speaker 2: I know, kind of confusing. Bobby's wife.
Speaker 3: Kaitlin and Amy were out running some errands and somebody thought that Amy was her mom.
Speaker 2: It was a whole situation.
Speaker 3: Amy was still pretty upset with it when she came into the show and talked about it.
Speaker 2: The guys are still giving.
Speaker 3: Her a hard time for all of this, so you can hear the story and the jokes that are probably going to come from this for months to come.
Speaker 2: So this is the bit you need to listen to this week.
Speaker 1: Number one.
Speaker 4: This is an awkward story, so I'll just let you kind of run with it.
Speaker 5: Where were you what were you doing?
Speaker 11: We were running errands and I was with Caitlin, your wife, who's you know, you're forty what three?
Speaker 8: Three?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 11: And she's thirty one? Yes, okay, yeah, that's okay. So I'm about your age. I'm forty two. Where do I start?
Speaker 4: You should just say it?
Speaker 11: Okay, So we've been asked this before, like you should.
Speaker 4: Just say and then get to all the secondary staff.
Speaker 11: Later, a guy says, and my son, Stevenson, he's with us. We're just standing there. Oh, are y'all related? And I was like, we're like no, you know, thinking we've gotten them before, like our sisters whatever. I thought that's where maybe it would go. He said, Oh I thought that you were her mom?
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 11: No, has anybody ever thought that you were her dad?
Speaker 5: Oh no exactly.
Speaker 4: Oh so like whether holding hands or something. I mean, also, let's be honest, I wear big glasses and it covers up like any aging in my eyes, it kind of covers up. So I got a little mask. We go ahead.
Speaker 11: I so, of course we were like what and then you know, Caitlyn tries to like help me out. She's like, oh my gosh, no, you would have had me when you were like eleven or something. He was, oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you would have had to give him birth to when you were two. And I was like nice too, Well my mom did.
Speaker 4: Get pregnant at fifteen with me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not crazy.
Speaker 11: I mean, I know, I still am like I don't know. I don't know what would why he would say that he was like my age too, He was like our age and he I don't get it. I don't know if he's trying to be funny or if he was being for real, but it just was like not, it did not. It still doesn't make sense to me, It doesn't.
Speaker 5: Very much.
Speaker 11: So Caitlyn sent me a text later She's like, he's blind, you know, like China is like somehow he's got to be and I'm like.
Speaker 4: So what do you guys think about it? Why do you think he said that it's easy, go ahead. He was on Kaitlyn.
Speaker 5: He was trying to tell Kaitlyn, man, you look hot. You look young and hot. Sorry, insault the friends, he can get the friend. It's it's what he was doing. He was looking at Kaitlyn saying, Hey, she's the hotty. I'm going for her. Her friend's gonna have to kick rocks.
Speaker 10: I think he has it mixed up. I think he was after Amy and he was like, hey, you're the mom. You're a mommy hotty, like.
Speaker 4: You look like a young mom. That's exactly what he was doing. I thought of that, mommy, mommy, haughty. How long have you have you thought about this a lot since then?
Speaker 11: Yeah, multiple times a day.
Speaker 4: How does it make you feel old?
Speaker 11: I don't know what else to say. I texted my face person right.
Speaker 5: After person surgery.
Speaker 11: You know, I jokingly sent to tags like I might need some more of that cream so.
Speaker 5: Then, but not really joking, because if you, senator, she wouldn't even know the story. So oh no.
Speaker 11: I sent in a group text because we all know the same people. And I sent a group text and I said well, someone just said I was Caitlin's mom, so gonna need some help.
Speaker 4: Like, so, this is what I would say to you. I would say, don't let one person's confusion inability to go up and talk to two attractive women. I mean, have this much dominance over your days. If it happened like three times in three months, I'd say, still, it doesn't matter, but at least you would know that they actually meant it. This guy was probably just trying to think of something to say, and he's like, oh god, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what would just stop it?
Speaker 11: Then stop it? Are y'all related? We say no, stop there?
Speaker 5: I hear you.
Speaker 4: We say dumb things as guys, not even to women, to anybody, all the time trying to be funny. I think he just missed. I think he was trying.
Speaker 11: I wish I could I could find this person and see if he was trying to be funny or if you really thought I was her mom. I just can't imagine a place in which someone that I'm like ten years apart from basically that I shaking that eleven fine ten and a half, and.
Speaker 5: That cut deep, It cut deep. I can hear it. Named voices, Okay, let's say, Amy, if you want to make you feel better, we go on the street and we can ask people how old do you think she is? And I don't mind a lot of confidence exactly, it'll boost her.
Speaker 4: That's a great bit.
Speaker 11: So here's the thing. I love being forty two. I don't mind it. I don't mind getting older. It's just I've never ever ever been asked if I'm the mom of one of my friends, like ever so that was.
Speaker 4: A younger friend though, Amy, you younger, but.
Speaker 11: Not significantly younger.
Speaker 5: A whole decade. That's a long time.
Speaker 11: She's not so young that my friend Bobby can't be married to her. I mean that's the point, Like she's not you know, I'm a dude. Whatever, Okay, this is I'm gonna I would like to find this man. I remember what he looks like. I don't think I'll ever forget it. Bring a man as a guest and maybe just say hey, what.
Speaker 4: Well he's going to say the right thing now. But he's a great idea for a bit. We take you out with him and that he goes guess or age. If you get it right, you.
Speaker 9: Want it all.
Speaker 11: Okay, what range do you think I'll get like anywhere from.
Speaker 4: Twenty five to twenty eight fifty oh smart, clearly.
Speaker 5: Twenty five to twenty eight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sorry that happened to you. Don't give one person that much power over you, you know.
Speaker 11: It's like you say, sometimes nobody knows the colors like you can't see. We have no idea if we're seeing the same color blue or red or whatever.
Speaker 4: Age is different though.
Speaker 1: What if he has one of those.
Speaker 11: Filters where he sees people as like way old.
Speaker 5: He's tight to dumb.
Speaker 11: Just let it go water good, good, you're good at this moment, I have released it. I've let it go at all true, but I do. I don't want people to misunderstand the fact that I love my I'm looking forward to my forties. I love aging.
Speaker 4: It's fine, kind of bull crack, I do. I love it all good, All good is wipe your hands. You're done there, you go right? Yeah, you look great.
Speaker 5: Let me move on.
Speaker 4: You look great and young? Yeah wow, yeah, I'll make card make sure she can be in here.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: All right, y'all, that's it for me this weekend.
Speaker 3: I've been excited to hang out with y'all again on another awesome Saturday or Sunday. Whenever you choose to hang out with me, be sure again to check out Best Bits Part one with Scuba Steve. This weekend, we also shared our strong opinions that we have on something small and mysteries we may have going on in our lives. So just a lot of fun stuff over there. Scuba's looking at me like what Yeah, even.
Speaker 2: It's a tease for him. I love y'all.
Speaker 3: Make sure you follow the show at Bobby Bone show on All the Things and me at Lobgirl Morgan also on All the Things. Literally I can't keep up these days, but they're all there, and I hope this weekend is a fun, safe, wonderful one for y'all.
Speaker 2: I'll see you later.
Speaker 1: Bye, Bobby Bone, Bobby Bones