Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tori Spelling and iHeartRadio Podcast. Hi, Hi, Hi beautiful, Welcome to the show. First of all, congratulations, are you you're doing June? Yeah, I just hit third primester today. According to one app, Oh gosh, I feel like not to jinx it, but like the third trimester gets easier. Oh earl easier? I heard them now because you can't move. Yeah, I've heard them like in the calm part before the storm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like up until for me, up until twenty weeks was really hard. And then I feel like the last you know, a couple of months have been like I had more energy.
Speaker 1: I'm not like anxious as like I was before. There's a lot of just things that kind of got easier.
Speaker 2: And now I heard it's about to get really shitty because I'll be so big that I'm uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I just lied to you. It's not the third trimester. It's the second trimester. Yeah, just when you're like, oh, I'm finally adjusting, your body's like nope, we're gonna get even bigger. So when did you guys find out you were having a little girl? So we I mean like I was like, give me the blood test. I want to find out immediately. Okay, well I think I was like nine weeks or something like that.
Speaker 2: So we we got engaged in the beginning of September and we jumped right into EUI like three weeks later, and we got really lucky, fortunate that it stuck. So found out I was pregnant a few weeks later, and then I was just like counting down the minutes until I could find out the sex. I don't understand people that just like waited out.
Speaker 1: I could never I did that all on all of them. No, Now, the first two we found found out and first was a boy, then a girl, so we're like, we got one of each. And I was like, when else are you going to have this big a surprise? You know when the doctor like pulls a baby out of your vagina and you're like it's a girl, it's a boy. Yeah, So I'm like, cool, let's do it that way. But then everybody has an opinion when you don't find out, Like I remember my last one, everybody was like no, sorry, my fourth one, everybody's like, you're carrying a girl. You're carrying a girl. Like I remember being waddling into Valet once and He's like, oh, there's a girl in there and like grab my belly. I was like, and it was a boy. So they were all wrong. I had all the wrong clothes picked out. Do you feel like people just go in touch your belly? Yes? How do you feel about that? I hate it? I hate it.
Speaker 2: Like I'm so I'm a really social person, but there's something about pregnancy that's made me, I don't want to say, like antisocial, but just like here's my bubble, and my.
Speaker 1: Bubble pretty much my house.
Speaker 2: But like when I'm out, it's like my very best friends, I don't care of course, Like right, my best friend Zach and Brittany from the show, like they literally will like walk up, put their start talking to my belly.
Speaker 1: They're like faces on my belly, Like it's totally fine.
Speaker 2: But anyone outside of that small little group of like, it's it's just weird.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm like, did I ever used to do that to pregnant people? You probably didn't, Like I would I still because I have PTSD from people just like oh and just grabbing the belly. Like I still ask friends when they're pregnant, like can I touch And they're like, of course, and I'm like, no, I just want to be respectful, right, and especially you're recognizable, like so people see you on their fans and they're like.
Speaker 2: Ah, yeah, that's that's the hard part. I think that's why I've tried to like stay not like stay in as much as possible, because I don't want to be a bitch.
Speaker 1: Like I don't hurt anyone's feelings, and I'm trying to be.
Speaker 2: Like cool and kind to fans and viewers because but also like don't fucking touch me, especially in this time of my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, touch me, I understand. And then way for it, it gets worse because then when you have the baby out in public, people think they can just touch your baby. Oh my god. And that was like no, it's like my biggest I did not know about the like don't kiss the baby thing, not that I think I would want to kiss the baby, yeah, just meaning like one we can, but like other people, I don't know. They're saying like you could have you might not even know you have like the simplest cold, or you might not know you have God forbid whatever, and you have a like new newborn, and then people want to come over and see the baby within the first couple of weeks, and they're like kiss They're like, don't let anyone kiss your baby. I'm like, okay, I mean, yeah, I'll be fucking kissed if someone like gives my kit's my baby sick. But I about that with strangers, not kissing my baby, but strangers just being out and feeling like they can puch. Like I've never been more protective over something that's not even here yet, because you're theirs now. Yeah, you're the world's now, and they think they can just go in. Oh my gosh, will'd you have a baby shower yet? No?
Speaker 2: I have two when I'm so not a party kind of girl. I'm not like a make it about meat or I don't celebrate my birthday. But I have My family's all back in Michigan, and so it's just like a few of them could fly out here, but it's like there's so many so it's a lot easier to have a small one there and then a big one here.
Speaker 1: So I have one at the end of March and one the end of April. Oh nice, will you do something in Colorado?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Luke's family all there. No, he's from Indiana. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: Well, he has property in Colorado, so he oh, got it? Okay, yeah, so he lived in Colorado before. Well still, I mean he still has seventy acres there.
Speaker 1: He lived, no family there, no, okay, got it. So his family they're going to be driving to Michigan. Actually, oh my gosh, are you gonna move to Colorado? No? I just read it. It was the other day. I love those That was my favorite. It was like, Kristin and Luke are giving up the Valley and moving to see his family in Colorado, and I'm like, what the hell are you talking about? Never. I would never move to Colorado. I mean not right. It's fun to visit, Yeah, I is. I can't live like in the middle of nowhere, like permanently. We can have a house there, which is lovely and I love how online they allude to the fact that even if you move to Colorado that they'll still film season three there the valley. Yeah, as if it came from you, Like You're like, yeah, I'm still going to be on the show. They'll just film us there. Yeah, We're just going to follow me anywhere, you know what I mean? Yeah, I do. So you live I live in the Valley as well. Oh so I was very excited when when the show started because I was like, great, now they're in my hood. Yeah. Once I start having kids, I moved off the West side, Yeah, to the valley. Yeah. I can't go over the hill anymore. It gives me anxiety.
Speaker 2: I'm like working traffic people. I come over to the side so you can breathe peace.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I feel like there's really good restaurants here. It's more adult over here. Huh adult. Yeah. I think it's more so because it's not like, yeah, like if I.
Speaker 2: Go to West Hollywood, I know that I'm probably not just having like dinner and going home. Like my friends that are that still live over the hill are like where are we going to next?
Speaker 1: Where are we going to next?
Speaker 2: And it's like a two am night here, It's like I can do that or like go back to like a friend's house and like, oh, I'll have like some wine there, whatever, a couple drinks there.
Speaker 1: It feels more adult. Oh my gosh. I remember I just moved to the valley and we had our first born and and then there was a rap party form my reality show and they did it at Hamburger Mary's and who And I was what was that movie with Reese Witherspoon which's like, oh, you have a baby in a bar? That was me. I had my newborn like at Hambger Mary's and watching a drag show. But yeah, that.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a blast though, Like I would totally bring my baby to Hamburger Mary's.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was that mom, Like, you know, life still goes on. It's like, oh, he's sleeping and we're eating dinner at eight o'clock at night, like, and it was fine. And then I had my second and I was like great. In the first restaurant we went to, she screamed the entire time and we didn't go out for like another seven months. Now you have an adult. I have an adult, grow an adult. How is that crazy? Yeah, it's starting to like I didn't free I'm fifty one, Like fifty didn't freak me out as much as having an eighteen year old child freaks me out. Right. I can't even imagine. It's like it's fine, No, I'm just kidding because I used to see those moms that had teens and they look at me with my little ones and they'd be like, oh, it goes so fast. Don't blink. You're so lucky. And I was like, oh, I have tons of time before they're teenagers. It really goes really quickly, that's what you're hearing. They're like the newborn time goes so fast, and then you blink in their wand and then they're like walking and talking, and then it's kindergarten and I'm like, wait when they're eighteen and then they're changing your diapers and then you.
Speaker 2: Know, like, am I the only one who doesn't like being pregnant? It's not my favorite thing? But I like, no, I'm really like, it's it's a meaning.
Speaker 1: I loved it. I'm really excited.
Speaker 2: I'm happy. I'm not like, what the hell was I thinking? I'm so stoked, But it's just I don't know. I think I don't know if it was like expectation versus reality or what it was, or or maybe it's just my age too, like it's.
Speaker 1: Harder or different, and I don't know what it is. It's just it. It's weird. It's very it's much better now.
Speaker 2: Like I said, so, I'm speaking more of like the beginning of my pregnancy, but it wasn't really.
Speaker 1: Like the whole sick thing. I think it was a.
Speaker 2: Lot of like anxiety. And then when I had people start asking me like, oh, are you afraid of giving birth?
Speaker 1: Or like are you scared of labor? I'm like, well I kind of wasn't and now I'm having Yeah, now I'm freaking out a little bit. Yeah. And then people go deeper than that and they're like, oh my gosh, aren't you worried You're going to poop on the table? Oh? I hear it all the time. Yeah. The first time someone said that to me, I was like, Nope, didn't know about that. Is that a thing?
Speaker 2: And it is apparently a thing? Well you would know, Yeah, it is a thing. I'm like, okay, I mean that's the worst that happens during giving birth, Like, God bless it.
Speaker 1: That's fine with me. Oh my gosh, No, I had mine ended up being c sections, but I had that fear. I was like, yeah, like that's crazy. Yeah, it's a weird thing.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of Strangely, I don't know if everyone gets pregnant and then they always have pregnant friends, but I actually do have like a lot of pregnant friends.
Speaker 1: Right now, and a handful of.
Speaker 2: Them are all sea section moms because they either were the first one or that's what they're choosing, or they need to or whatever it is. Most of them, it was a long labor first pregnancy ended up in an emergency sea section. So then I'm talking to my doctor like, do I just want to do that or is that not a good idea? And he's like, obviously, no, surgery is always like if you can just choose that, He's like, but totally, if that's what you want, whatever you want. I'm like, maybe it's just that, I don't know, it's just very wild.
Speaker 1: The whole experience. Well I never did it the natural way, so I don't know. But sea sections are brutal, Like the recovery is really brutal. It's yeah, it's a lot, and I don't know how many kids you guys want, but once you do two C sections, the rest have to be right. Yeah, I mean, if which I didn't know, or I would have done the feedback. Oh interesting, I think so, just I don't know. You're like, who knows, but almost all your friends have kids. Yeah, so that's a good thing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're all like turning four in the next three months. All of the girls like that that we're on the show that are all my friends, and then yeah, the handful of friends I have that are about to give birth. So I'm very lucky in that way because I think before like the pandemic and all of my friends having babies during the pandemic, I had not been around like a newborn or like helped care for a newborn in so many years. Like my niece and nephew are adults. So I was like, oh my god, this is going to be really wild. But now I feel like I just have so much hands on experience and being able to watch my friends like go through their pregnancies or raise their babies, like it becomes that part of it and made it a lot less scary for me because I'm like, Okay, I'm literally a bit like hands on watching my friends have no idea, and they're like, it.
Speaker 1: Just comes to you. It just comes. Just just it'll happen. I'm like, what about breastfeeding, I don't know what I'm doing. They're like, it'll just you'll just know. Just don't take advice from anybody. No, people always give me advice. I know, no, And that's why when people are like, give me advice. I'm like, nope, it's such an individualized experience in each pregnancy that I never And that's always the big thing. I'm sure you get this all the time, like, oh, is Brittany giving you advice? Like for me, they'd be like, are you're nine to two and o castmates giving advice?
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, yeah, Britain, That's the thing I've asked, especially Brittany like a lot. Only advice I would say she's ever given me is like, don't waste money on shoes when they're newborns, Kristin, you.
Speaker 1: Have to is to write a passage.
Speaker 2: I mean, she probably bought her son CRUs like twenty pairs of air Jordans that were like new size, and she goes that was the biggest waste of money. However, she's already bought my daughter her first two pairs, so I'm like, perfect because they become an art collection.
Speaker 1: Right, That's what I think.
Speaker 2: Her closet's full, Like I didn't know her furniture yet and her closet is backed.
Speaker 1: Really I'm really excited. I just love that. So I have to say I have watched you on vander Pump Rules originally and I used to love your hair, like I used to love your look, your short hair. Do you think you'll ever cut it again?
Speaker 2: If I get really skinny again, then I would like my girl. My friend Rihanna cut my hair out that long ago, and she was.
Speaker 1: Like, okay, what are we doing? And I'm like, I'm getting my extensions, my longer ones put back in, but like I just need some shape or something. And we're talking about my pregnancy and she was like, don't fucking cut all your hair off. I will kill you.
Speaker 2: Do not cut all your hair off until you get really skinny. Like you're not wrong, that's yeah. I mean like so maybe one day, but.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, your hair is just dark and short, like I used to like, girl crush on you all the time. Thank you so much. Yeah, Like I'm not into girls, but when I used to watch that show, I'd be like, oh, if I were ever to make out with a girl, that's my vibe and it was your look. Yeah, oh my gosh, way to make me blush. Yeah, I think if I could. If I God, I'm so sorry. Why I don't know why it keeps going on. It's literally like toy podcast. Okay now, we're all done with alarms. I can't like my pregnancy brain. Oh that's real, by the way, Oh, pregnancy brain is so real. Never goes away, never Like that is just I feel like I'm just giving you bad news to im, like worried about pooping on the table. Pregnancy Brain's never going away. It's the real real though, you know, fugar coating show you. When I did get advice was breastfeeding. I never could get them to like latch on. So my friends would come over and they bring like a beer because you're supposed to have one beer to get the milk flowing. Amazing love that. Yeah, So I did take that advice because I was like I don't know how to do this. Yeah. I literally like I don't know what and they'll like show you in the hospital and then they just like let you free into the world and You're like, I don't know what to do here there with the baby.
Speaker 2: I'm like, can I take one of you home with me and to like teach me the ways? I mean, I'm fully planning on having a night nurse because I need the assistance.
Speaker 1: I fought against that, you did, yeah, because I didn't want to. I was like Oh, that's so bougie, and like people expect me to have that, so I'm not going to have that. I did have it, and she's still like part of our family, Like it saved my life. That's exactly what it was.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I really want to like find someone that I can carry with us for like at least a period of time.
Speaker 1: Obviously I don't know what. I don't know, but I do know me and.
Speaker 2: I know like I'm mostly just nervous about being nervous, like of being unsure. So if I just have that like you're doing it right, it's fine. Type of a type of a cheerleader right there, or like a teach me cheerleader, that'll be really helpful.
Speaker 1: The best thing is to you'll see your fiance change her poop for the first time and knows be like, yep, you're welcome, yeah, because it's so funny the first time. They're just like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: I asked him that the other day because he Luke was like, I think we should take a baby class, and I was like, what people still do that?
Speaker 1: I don't know, And I was like, what kind of Mamma's I mean?
Speaker 2: I was literally thinking back to like full house, like family matters.
Speaker 1: Dace so like Lama's classes on like sitcoms in the nineties, and I'm like, what kind of class do you want to take? He's like, I don't know, just like one that teaches me things. But I'm like, do you know how to change a diaper?
Speaker 2: He goes, well, yeah, I mean it's been probably like six or seven years.
Speaker 1: But I was like, but you have changed a diaper before? He said he has six or seven years ago. Who's diapers a nephew? Okay, But I'm like, you didn't live there, have you. Now? I'm like, has he actually changed a diaper? I don't know, don't shame, I know he probably yeah. And then it's just like with little girls. I mean, it's a whole new world for even us women when we are changing it. And I just remember we used to call it poop up the puss because yeah, the poop just comes to the diaper and goes up and you're like, whoa, I'm cleaning from front to back, what's going on here?
Speaker 2: Or then just a little swipe like you really got to get it there. But I feel so I always wanted boys. I don't know why that was just like I think because you're.
Speaker 1: Such a girl's girl. Yeah, and I say that as a fan.
Speaker 2: I wasn't the easiest, Like I'm number two of three, I have an older sister, younger brother, And I wasn't like a bad kid, like I didn't get in like real real trouble, but like I was very sassy, mouthy, like insubordinate, like snuck out, like like very rebel without a cause, like I want to wear blue lipstick and ca the necklaces and chains at like twelve.
Speaker 1: You know, my mom's like, what the fuck's going on?
Speaker 2: Changing my identity every three seconds. So I was really nervous about having a girl. So I'm like, I just want two boys. That's all I want, is like two boys and call it a day. And then when I found out I was pregnant with her, I'm like, you know what, there's no one better suited on this planet to.
Speaker 1: Raise a little me than me. I have this on lockdown.
Speaker 2: I know exactly what to do with her, Like if she's exactly.
Speaker 1: Like me, hopefully she's like too. But so you're a middle child. Yeah that explained a lot from viewing you on the show. Oh yeah, like to a tea absolutely. Do you feel like you're a people pleaser? Yes, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: It's just I have these like different facets where I'm there is that like one of my old executive producers used to be like called me a rubble a lot, and he.
Speaker 1: Was like, you just don't fucking care. He's like, you really don't.
Speaker 2: He's like because he goes I as just like a person, not a producer.
Speaker 1: He goes, I care what people think. He's like, you really don't fucking care.
Speaker 2: So I have that part of me that's really like social justice, like I'm gonna bring you know, like I need a cause to fight for and like damn the man, I'm gonna bring that person down, and like I'm gonna lift up the underdog. So I have that part, but then I also am very much a people pleaser.
Speaker 1: Well I wish I had I'm a people pleaser, but I wish I had that other side where more of a fighter. Yeah, it's just it's only or I wish I had a friend like you. Yeah, I'll fight people for you don't. Like metaphorically speaking, I'm not like a fist kind of girl anymore. But yeah, I just stay anymore anymore. Got into a fight before. Not with a girl, No, never with a boy. Oh my Pools is bad. Yeah, it's it's like I don't really fight people on my own behalf, like I don't care, like like it's so boring to me.
Speaker 2: But if you come after like my friends, my family, my man, like you come after anything like that, like that's it, Like you've now crossed the line. And I'm just it's like, that's why I feel like I've always meant to be a mom. I have this like mama bear mentality, like I will protect at all costs and I will win, like I will always win that battle.
Speaker 1: Right because you already with your friend group, you already do it again. I'm talking like I know you wait, that's this feels so weird. I love reality TV so much, Like honestly, like an A list movie star could walk by and I'd be like, I don't care if it's Brad Pitt, like George Clooney, whatever, but anyone that's on a reality TV show, I'm like, oh, yeah, when you did it, did it change your perception at all? A little bit? Yeah? A little bit? But each show's so different. Oh true, So but I definitely, you know, have watched your shows, and I'm trying to piece together like not I don't want to say not real because we know everything's real, but.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean everything isn't always real because you can't. I mean I will say everything I do and say is very real. Just logistically, they have to plan stuff.
Speaker 1: People. I think people think that like, oh, they just happen to like walk into this restaurant, sit down and eat. It's like no, they have to producers have to call the restaurant and like get yeah they do. Yeah.
Speaker 2: People do kind of think that like there's just like, oh, they're just following us down the street, but they didn't, like as if it's like a one shot show. But then they just cut those in between. You're like, no, it's not like twenty four to seven. That's a good point. I don't think people do really said like we don't want to ruin the magic for you. But there are amazing crews that also have to work on this show that they do a lot.
Speaker 1: For sure. Definitely, I just feel like, yeah, I would never have survived your show, like I would have been terrified. I don't think a lot of people wish to be oh my gosh, that's why I always said, like the Real Housewives, I couldn't. I don't think I could do that. Like, you know, they all sit at these dinner parties and like attack each other, and I'm like, oh, I don't think I could do that.
Speaker 2: I don't think I could ever do Housewives, Like they scared me too, Like it just general is an overhaul and I don't know it just it's not my thing to just be like full blown on attack.
Speaker 1: I feel like I attack the people who attack. That's the that's.
Speaker 2: Like if you're attacking people and being like unnecessarily cruel or mean or rude or or something like that, Like that's when I go on the attack and I'm like, Okay, let's bring you down a few notches.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, wait, can I ask you a question? When the Valley started, how did that? Like? Who was the first? It was Jackson Brittany that moved first. Okay, yeah, they did move first. It was all within within months, within like four months.
Speaker 2: It was like Jackson Brittany, I think, then Tom and Ariana, and then Tom and Katie and then we in twenty nineteen. We all moved within a span.
Speaker 1: Of like four months. But not to do the show the Valley because you guys orally you want it to move.
Speaker 2: That was just during that was still during the vander Pump Rules, like pre pandemic, it was okay, okay, I think it was like, yeah, it was like Brittany was about to get pregnant. I think it was just at the point like we could all afford it, and it was like when what if this doesn't last forever? Like what if this show doesn't which the show's not going to last forever, like and these opportunities we need to like really take this and do something smart with our money, and like why are we still renting in West Hollywood?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I never did that. I was never smart. It was hard.
Speaker 2: I mean I did it by myself, which was really difficult, and I think it was I mean, I know everything, I will truly believe everything happens for a reason. But I think my one regret in my adult life was letting my house go, like selling my house. I think I should have kept it, but I was dating someone at the time who like had his own house, and it was like I lost my job on Vanner Pumt and it was like, well, this just probably makes more sense.
Speaker 1: Let's just sell it and move in with you. And then it was like six.
Speaker 2: Months later we broke up and I was searching for a little apartment again.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh god, here we go back to square one. I think that was like, yeah, the things we do for boys, oh boys, not so so your engagement will that be shown? I have boys, not men. I always call them boys. I never call them men men, but I call us girls. I don't say women. Yeah we are girls. That's true. Okay, I don't know, it just feels cute. But will your engagement be on this season? Season two? Yeah, I'm very excited.
Speaker 2: I've seen like a tiny little smidgeon of a clip of just like the camera angles and the lighting and that kind of thing, and it's so pretty. It's so beautiful, and I mean it's on the trailer. The only thing I hate, Like it's on the trailer in the very beginning, and the first thing I say is oh fuck. I was like that's so real, Like why Kristin, Like why wasn't it this like bachelor moment of like oh in the ring and like all the fairy fairy tale book type things.
Speaker 1: See. No.
Speaker 2: My response was like I turn around, having no idea that he's sat on one knee on a boat and I'm.
Speaker 1: Just like it, just like that's so romantic. Good job, Kristen. Of course me like knowing reality TV, I was like screenshotting it zooming in like no she does, Like you can always tell them. People are like I had no idea it was happening. And then they have like beautiful nails done and like so much glam socially on TV shows. Yeah, and I was like, you look natural and great, and I was like, she had no idea.
Speaker 2: Wow, No, I mean literally it was. I mean, well, this will kind of be on the show too, but it was. We were on a fishing boat. So in my mind, I'm like, I'm not even putting makeup on, Like we're doing a fishing boat. Like I'm I'm not, I'm vegetarian, I don't fish. My fiance excuse me. My fiance is like such a fisherman. And in my mind I'm picturing like Bubba Gump shrimp from fourth like just fish guts all over the like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we what was it? It was like a yacht.
Speaker 2: It was like a nice boat with like fishing poles, like okay, it screwed into it or whatever. So I but I didn't know, and I'm like why when I get cute, And even though we had just gotten to Hawaii, one of my nails came off, so I'm like, great, it wasn't my left hand, luckily. But I'm just like, think, okay, so let me glue this one on, not the same color whatever. And there were just so many little things that were happening that you'll see on the show that are very much proved, Like I had no idea what was going on, and it blows my mind because everyone calls me Detective Doughty, like how did I not see this car?
Speaker 1: How did I not? Because it pertained your life, not other people, right.
Speaker 2: I mean there were times like I would go through his bag to like look for something, and the ring would be the rings in there, Like I didn't know to look for a ring.
Speaker 1: Why would I even.
Speaker 2: Think of you know what I mean. So it's like it didn't even occur to me. It never hen know, Well, how did you pass over a ring box?
Speaker 1: It wasn't. I wasn't looking for it. I was looking for something else. And so in hindsight, I'm like, what are you looking for? So many signs we went to the pictures. We went to visit his grandma one day and like he's like, oh, where are those pictures at that my mom gave us. I'm like, I'll go to the car. So I'm like ripping through every bag looking for these and the ring in Orleans. But he had a box. But I didn't see the box. And if I would have saw a box, it, says Kyle chan On it a ring box, I would have known in a heartbeat. Oh my gosh. Wait, I'm fascinated that you got engaged on a fishing truck. Wait had you fished already or No? I mean I didn't fish at all. It was just a roost. Yeah. Yeah, it was like for him, like he really wanted to go and we had. I love fishing. You, Oh, Luke's favorite thing in the entire world. What does he fish? Like? What kind of fish? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like big ass fish or like yeah, I mean ocean's lakes.
Speaker 1: Sea fishing where you get like the huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he has before. I mean he grew up around lakes, so that was mostly what he did. But yeah, at for his birthday, I got or not for his birthday for since I got him like a fishing trip down and like Coasta Mesa and he's.
Speaker 1: Just like, however, I bring his vibe into La. Oh my god, poor guy. He has no idea. He's not going to be fishing for a really long time. So I hope he does a lot of it now. Yeah, I know Elie is really hard for him.
Speaker 2: He's not like the biggest fan, but he's been such a trooper and like sticking with it and the show and like my life and having the baby here and you know, I'm like, we're not we don't have to be here forever, but it's it's a right now thing. And I love that we have Colorado, like we'll always have Colorado. We want to have property and maybe like Tennessee or something I think would be really great for us.
Speaker 1: So on the show, I'm like, back to the show. You don't get to see it typically right before it airs, or that's not true, like a day before before everyone else sees it. Oh, I've just because I didn't know if that was a Bravo thing, because I've heard House WHOI I've say before like I didn't even know until I saw it on No, that's not true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean people want to I mean, they'll send it to us like the day before so we're like aware, or.
Speaker 1: If we're doing press or something like that. And some people just don't watch it like I watch it and I meticulously like go through every scene like what happened? What did they say? What did I say? Oh? God? So what is it like going through an episode and all of a sudden you see somebody just give you a shade like someone said something. Oh that's the that's the crazy part. It's like do you wait till it airs? Do you call that person before and be like, uh, what the fuck? For me?
Speaker 2: Personally after all these years, Like I don't take stuff like that really personally because I know if I'm friends with them now and that happened, then I hope they're at least funny about the shade, you know, like be funny, Like if you're going to insult me, just like make it a good one liner, make it memorable, make.
Speaker 1: It TV gold. Yeah. But and if it's somebody that I'm not friends with, it's like, okay, no back pocket reunion, gotcha get reunions that those seem like such high pressure and I'm going to be so extremely pregnant when you do the reunion. Yeah, my friend and I both well, we're about a week apart.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, we're going to be there like nine months pregnant.
Speaker 1: I mean it's actually it'll be better because you won't give two fucks because you'll be like, exactly, you know what I'm doing here and creating. I don't give a fuck what you're saying about me. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's batter and like no one is gonna bother me, Like what are you even talking about? Like I literally have a baby cooking inside of me right now, Like you're so not important. Yeah, but also you're like sacred ground. They can't really say bad things to you, can I I mean, they would be pretty fucking evil if they did. I'm gonna have a beat my little crystals, like a little a little speaker for music when I'm getting like, you're a good girl, don't worry, she's strong. Oh my gosh, you guys have a name picked out. I won't ask it, but yes, that you agreed on. Oh yeah, before before I even got pregner, we knew her name. We didn't have a boy name for sure, but we had her name.
Speaker 2: Interesting, And I now know why people don't tell people names, because I did that. My friend's closest friends and family do know her name. But when we were toying with boy names, and I trusted a few really like my best friends, Like these are like a few of the ones we picked out.
Speaker 1: I had one of.
Speaker 2: My girlfriends, Rachel, call her out and she was like, what's the name for the boy? And I the name and she goes, he sounds like an asshole, And I'm like, and this is why people.
Speaker 1: Don't tell people names. It's true, or they'll be like, oh, my worst boyfriend had that name or like that. I mean, you can't win. So how wait, how often do you guys do your podcast? We did it once a week, once a week, but it's pretty much me. I'm I've pretty much taken it over now or just kind of the rebrand. It's just we were having so much fun doing it together, and I think for the sake of like our relationship and especially with the baby in the house and just like all these things and shooting the show, it was a lot for us to do together and it's it kind of Luke was like, really good.
Speaker 2: I feel like he has such a great voice for it and He's like so fun to talk to, but it like it's not really his thing, like the stuff that I like to talk about. It's just not like like the chatty conversations with my friends or just with anyone about especially pop culture or anything like that, just like not really his jam. So I've just taken over and I think that's starting. We're kind of like figuring that part out, like does this work better for us or does this work better for us?
Speaker 1: Right? I think me stealing it works a little bit better for us. You're gonna love having that podcast when you have a newborn. It's going to be great because you have to leave. Do you do it from home? Yes? Yeah, it's yeah, that's going to be saving grace. When I had mine, there were no podcasts, so because I know during my pregnancies, whenever the show wasn't filming, there was always a discussion like, well, are we going to just come in and have some footage in case there's a season three, which there will be, but yes, oh that's yes. Yeah, No, so the meaning about this season three or I mean, we never know until we know, we're meaning they're smart to get footage filmed anything with me?
Speaker 2: Who can I call I know, it's it's crazy. Like we said when we wrapped season two, it was like all of a sudden, I got pregnant. My friend Nia got pregnant. My friend Jasmine who's on the show, she and her girlfriend got engaged, and I was like, this whole year just is flying right by with all of these pieces.
Speaker 1: No, so it's it's you know, on a season.
Speaker 2: Three, you know, hopefully it'll go from like I just got engaged and now I have like a newborn baby.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, we'll take lots of personal footage. I have a lot. They're gonna want that in season three, although I really think they should be just sending a crew with you around, just a small crew, I know, little, especially to the hospital, maybe not the hospital, on the way from the hospital, like when you bring the baby home for the first time. Like yeah, I'm so excited. I'm more excited I'm nervous, for sure, Like way more excited than I am nervous. But there's still a little bit of like what are we doing? And I never I always thought i'd be so much.
Speaker 2: Younger, but I feel like I've lived I've lived a life, and I think that that's really great, Like I've lived so.
Speaker 1: Much of a life that now I have all this time.
Speaker 2: And like much more maturity about me and like life, you know, just life lessons that I've lived and to be able to be a better mom to her, and then.
Speaker 1: We'll live my other adult life, you know, when she's grown. That's true. Okay, So the process you did, what was the name you said, I I I Yeah, so auasca a ahuasca?
Speaker 2: We so, yeah, So we first started with just hormones, like I was going to try just doing hormones, and then we were going to try to concede naturally, and they just say that IUI gives you like an extra I think fifteen or twenty percent chance of it working. So essentially it's just Luke gives his sample at the doctor's office and they do what they call it spin and clean the sperm, and then my doctor injects it right into my cervix.
Speaker 1: So it's like, okay, that's it.
Speaker 2: We're basically we're just not having sex to conceive the baby, got it.
Speaker 1: So there was no freezing of your eggs or anything. No, not. Yeah, we didn't have to get to that point, thank god.
Speaker 2: I mean, that was really possible, and in the cards, like we were just trying, like, okay, so if we try the hormones first and that doesn't work.
Speaker 1: Then we'll try UI. But we decided just to go.
Speaker 2: For it and then if EUI didn't work, we were planning on giving it a second go, and then if that didn't work, then we were going to.
Speaker 1: Have to, you know, move forward with like Okay, maybe it's IBS.
Speaker 2: So that's why I'm a little nervous about my having a second because I've never wanted just to have one, Like I've never wanted an only child because we both like Luke has three siblings.
Speaker 1: I have two.
Speaker 2: But and like with my age, like I hopefully we can you know, conceive another child.
Speaker 1: Fingers crossed. I feel like you should freeze your eggs. I feel like every woman should freeze her eggs. I agree with that now, And no one teaches you that when you're young, because it's not even like sometimes not even age thing. It's just shit happens, and it's just would have been nice to have that choice of taking some and freezing just to have it you never have to use them. Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a few friends like she I remember watching she know go through it, and it kind of I mean, we were younger, but it made me nervous watching just seeing like emotionally like what she was going through hormones, and I was like, I don't know if I can handle that. Like, of course I could handle it because I essentially kind of went through something similar by getting my pons anyway, but at the time I was just so nervous seeing how difficult it was on her.
Speaker 1: But then it's like the good outweighs the bad so incredible. So in hindsight, I totally agree with you, though I wish that I had done that at a younger age. So ladies, I'm here to say, yeah, if you Kristin and I approve freezing of the eggs, come on, come on. Oh no, no coman involved in that. But do you understand? Okay? So April fifteenth is the premiere season two. I'm very excited. I'm so glad you guys are in my hood now. Yes, so stoked, but yeah, I'm really excited about the premiere. I've seen as much as everyone else has, but I did live it. It was very wild. There's a lot that goes on and our our ep are like Our Main executive producer Alex Baskin said this was the craziest second season of any show that he's ever worked on. Whoa, I know, I was like Manner from Rules season two. That's a big state meant for him. He's seen it all. Oh my gosh, Oh I just got more excited. Oh God, can you tell me one little thing before we go? Give me one hints? It's something.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just it's I think what I'm excited about is my journey is not as shitty as it has been before.
Speaker 1: Like, I get it.
Speaker 2: There's nothing I'm actually nervous about now. I say that now, who knows that I'm like, oh, insert foot in mouth. Probably there's nothing that I'm personally nervous about. But it's just such like I feel like it's just like a higher level of the drama because it's it's not like, I mean, there's some cheating scandal, but it's not like the old Danner Pump Rules days where it's like.
Speaker 1: Who a cheating scandal we know about or don't know about.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like in the trailer a little bit yeah about like Jesse and Michelle. It's in the trailer, so but it's like elevated, you know what I mean, Like we're adults.
Speaker 1: There's like more steak now. So I think that's what makes it kind of like a lot of oh shit moments. Well I'm very excited. There's just a lot. It's a lot. It's a lot, and that's why we love it. Yeah, watching you guys go through a lot. Well, if I don't, hopefully i'll meet you one day in person. I get to give you a hug, not touch the baby, but or kiss the baby. Oh my god. Okay, but good luck with everything, happy pushing, that's what happens. Thank you so much for being on today, Kristen. Okay, bye,