Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, flowing down the sidelines.
Speaker 2: This he is hanging with the Boys, presented by Windstuff where flavor gets its wings.
Speaker 1: Now your hosts Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon.
Speaker 3: Gross Wednesday, Hoop Day. You are looking live at Tostito Championship Plaza outside Fort Center at the Star Frisco, Texas, where they are building the stage speaking to.
Speaker 4: Look a lot.
Speaker 5: It is the presence are out on the plaza.
Speaker 3: It is seventy five degrees. The high is seventy five. It is windy.
Speaker 6: The load tonight, Oh Nate, jack me all up. I think the load of night's fifty five. What did you do? Jack me up?
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, this is my boy Kurt three points Daniels. That's big nasty Nate Newton. This is Shannon big head Grosser who in the back of my boy Chris being keeping his live a local. I am Salt and Pepper Poppy. Together we make hanging with the boys, the sports talk equival and the brown people. When we speak, don't do it what this tegment brought by Wingstop a flavor gets.
Speaker 7: It's wee.
Speaker 6: How are we?
Speaker 7: Hump day?
Speaker 4: Mendos and dentals, middles and dinnals are good, right man?
Speaker 6: You know I like to make the show all about me.
Speaker 5: Guess what I'm doing tomorrow Thursday?
Speaker 4: What's tomorrow? Thursday?
Speaker 7: Thursday?
Speaker 4: I am going Thursday to my.
Speaker 6: First ever eye exam.
Speaker 5: Wow, I'm going to the eye doctor tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 3: The show is getting me right, but it's taken like years to get me there.
Speaker 1: But so did you use the contact how you found I had a contact?
Speaker 7: You do? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Oh well I texted, uh.
Speaker 3: I texted Britt over there, okay, yeah, and said, hey, they know, bro, who would you recommend? He said, these are some good people and I said, all right, if they're good for Britt.
Speaker 1: And they got to put it with a whole lot to get through that, buddy.
Speaker 3: He's going bat them out, buddy. So there's thank you, Britt Brown, if you still listen to the show from time to time for the recommendation, I appreciate that.
Speaker 6: Speaking of contacts.
Speaker 3: So then Brett Brown, actually, so on the broadcast this week, careful on the I want to say no, I'm britt.
Speaker 6: I'm not a doctor.
Speaker 7: Well, no trainer.
Speaker 8: This isn't about doctor or trainer or anything like that, but this is this kind of relates a little bit. So they were talking to I guess Turpin, right, And this is what Brad Sham said on the He was on the Cowboys Hour with Turpin and he said the first like year he was in the league or the NFL, that he didn't have contacts, but he wore glasses. But at the games he wouldn't wear his glasses, so everything was blurry. And the reason why this year he sees the ball better is because he got put contacts in. Like, at what point do you be like, hey, guys, I need contacts. No, I'm with that.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing that is so common. My college roommate, a Darius Bowman, went to Oklahoma State, had a great career and should have been in an NFL, but it was in the CFL. We were watching film very similar to what you just said, and coach kept saying, why does it look like the You're always surprised when the ball gets there, like like the ball the pass will come and all of a sudden you'll see it like he's tracking it and then he's like he'll jump back. He's like, man, I don't know. I don't know, And Coach was like, man, you need to get your eye checked jokingly. So we go through the physical. He gets his eyes checked, he needs glasses. They give him an They put contacts in for him.
Speaker 6: He didn't catch a ball the rest of the year.
Speaker 4: He comes running to my room, like banging on my lip, right over the top, banging on my door, just just I can see everything. He thought that everyone saw blurried. He was normal. He said, I thought my whole life that this is just how I'm supposed to is. He's like, he's like, I've been seeing this cloudy in this like this blurry my entire life. I didn't know any better until he got contacts.
Speaker 6: That's just crazy.
Speaker 4: That's wow. But there's a lot of people just think that.
Speaker 7: Later, I never took contacts out completing.
Speaker 4: By month later, he was like, hey, I'm out of here, bro, they kicking me out of school. I mean, in the words of stephen A, stay off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, that's what I'm going to do tomorrow. Good y'all, y'all had an eye exam.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm going to get mine every year. I got Is that something you're supposed to do every year?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, when you get a certain age, it's two or three things you better check.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, every year, but they do you.
Speaker 4: But no, that's what I always got to go right there.
Speaker 7: You ain't even like that, but we go there a lot. Man. No, he liked that. He liked that.
Speaker 3: I never had I have never had pink eye.
Speaker 7: I do not go there.
Speaker 1: Just more just a few things that you should check every year, you know, an eyes on one of them.
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, your blood work, Yeah, yeah, get that blood.
Speaker 3: I know I need glasses. Like my vision is is blurry. I can see up close, really will, but like like watching TV. I have a big TV in my house.
Speaker 4: Wealth and yeah that's all.
Speaker 6: You can't have money, you know, I always bring it back to me. I have a big TV upstairs and downstairs. I have two big TV.
Speaker 7: Do something with your.
Speaker 4: There you go, big trump big TV.
Speaker 3: From my bad vision is but I'll sit on the couch and it's on the wall and I and sometimes I can't read. I can't read the scroll at the bottom, like on game days and stuff. So I know I need glasses. It's just did that make you that far sided near sight because I can see close, I can't see, so I'm interested to see what's gonna happen.
Speaker 7: Because of the size.
Speaker 4: My head, big TV, py TV.
Speaker 6: There's only room up in here for one of us.
Speaker 7: One of us got to go.
Speaker 8: The keyword for you is gonna be progressive lenses?
Speaker 4: Is that what it is?
Speaker 3: And then when I play video games too long, a stare like I pad too long. Sometimes I get like my eye gets bloodshot over here.
Speaker 7: So don't do that now, you know that we'll.
Speaker 6: See what happens.
Speaker 1: Did you tell the peeps when you go to deytailor pop will, I'll you a remedy.
Speaker 7: Don't look at it over the hour? Thank you?
Speaker 6: Oh that ain't happening.
Speaker 7: Takes it in this way?
Speaker 3: Hey, you know what, wouldn't it be funny if I just start ripping off twelve kills a game.
Speaker 5: And that'd be awesome.
Speaker 6: I'd be like, man, could have been a professional gamer. I'd have just done this earlier.
Speaker 3: So all right, here we go football, anybody got anything else?
Speaker 6: You've talked about me enough.
Speaker 1: He've been consisting on the nice shirts. Yeah, you've been consistent, my friend guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, stand up, normally you don't do like your dress shirts. You don't do many solid patterns. Now you do like a different you do like a what's your shirt?
Speaker 6: Just see the deals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're not going to talk about that, you know, because we don't want to.
Speaker 3: Break Yeah, okay, all right, No, I get it.
Speaker 4: It's nice shirt. I like it. Thank you. I told you don't do that.
Speaker 6: Copyright infringement. It's on the on the mascot there.
Speaker 3: It's okay, though it's not it's very familiar to in color and stature of a very local, popular massa fade away.
Speaker 6: Yeah that too.
Speaker 7: I didn't notice that you said that.
Speaker 6: That's very It's very good. So all right.
Speaker 3: Oh, by the way, what did you guys think before we get into football, because you know I'm going to delay the football conversation possible. Did y'all keep up with the Klay Thompson going back to Golden State last night? You know, I try to stay away for Yeah, I thought that was one of the coolest sports things I have ever seen.
Speaker 6: Like, if you think about.
Speaker 3: It and actually, let's bring this back to football, I'll tell you a little bit about it and then we'll bring it back to football or the Cowboys and then we'll talk about the game.
Speaker 7: Tell us about it.
Speaker 3: Klay Thompson was acquired by the MAVs in the off season. Yes, obviously huge part of Golden State's success with Steph Curry and Draymond those were the three pillars in Golden State and off the championships. First trip back to Golden State on the road, and that's where I want to bring it back to the Cowboys is you know, can you imagine what that's like. You've played your whole career there, you basically built that franchise and then you're going back for the first time and you have a different color jersey and you're in the actual visitors locker room that you probably had never.
Speaker 4: Even gone in.
Speaker 5: You know, you don't even know where it's at, what it looks like. You pull up in a bus. You're not driving up in your own car.
Speaker 3: You're getting on his cases bolt. But I thought it was one of the coolest things. The walk from the bus to the locker room.
Speaker 5: They had all the employees one hundred over one hundred.
Speaker 3: Employees lining both lines of the hall, cheering and clapping, and you know, they had the captain's captain's hats, and I just thought like he should have wore darker glasses because there's no way he wasn't just losing, like I would have lost it Like I was cool and was really really cool. If you didn't get to see it, it's on social media, go look at it. But I thought that was can you think of a cooler?
Speaker 7: Did they do anything for halftime for him or you didn't make it?
Speaker 4: They did a big he did a big intro, like, yeah, he was the last one to get called out. They did a little video. Steph Curry was supposed to speak, but then Clay had accidentally said, man, please don't speak because I'm gonna cry, like before this game. So Steph didn't speak. I think he spoke like after the game. But yeah, so it was cool. Yeah win, No, No.
Speaker 1: They got we don't look out for you, but we gonna beat you that way down.
Speaker 8: That guy that was supposed to speak after the game, he spoke during the game as well, and I clout him.
Speaker 3: He didn't hit it with a night night, night night. And what was terrible is they they put him way away early. Then they let him come out all the way back and they're like, oh, they gonna win this game and it was like no, sir, and this stuff literally like literally was like my god.
Speaker 6: But that was I thought that was really cool.
Speaker 3: And I was trying to think in my sports memory, especially with teams that I follow, what were some cool moments like that? I thought when Romo came back here after he left and he did the first game broadcasting, they did that really cool tribute put that video together. But can y'all think of any other, you know, cool moments where athletes went to play for another team, or if they were going to retire something and something like a really cool tribute or you know, something nice, anything stand out to across all sports.
Speaker 7: I guess it could be, you know, anywhere Chris help us out?
Speaker 4: Chris, when you left the Cowboys, did you.
Speaker 7: Help us out?
Speaker 8: So the one that I remember the most was basically because Emmett went and went to the Cardinals and we actually played them the next year that that year he went there, so so they did a big thing when he came back. And then Roy Williams spoiled.
Speaker 6: It to find big thing, big thing.
Speaker 5: I think they did it like a video.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is before social media.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like you wouldn't have Yeah, but him getting off the bus, visitors locker room, that kind of him coming out. All the media was there. Yeah, I don't think they did, because you know they do. They do a like when the opposing teams media talked to them, they did the conference call that week, that kind of stuff with them, and it was a pretty big deal.
Speaker 9: And they do something for DeMarcus Ware I can't remember.
Speaker 3: They did a video tribute for him when he came back for the the Broncos, and you know, he basically did a tour on the field before the game, walk it up. You know, everybody's out there video and everything, hugging everybody and employees and everything.
Speaker 4: Was that a preseason game?
Speaker 6: I'm trying to remember it might have been.
Speaker 5: It might have been Kurt anything, hockey year, baseball.
Speaker 9: I was trying to think. Nothing rings a bell.
Speaker 3: Okay, well sorry, anyway, I thought that was cool last night. Okay, you know, let's just take a break and then we'll come back and then we'll roll into football.
Speaker 6: Welcome to Hanging with the Boys. If you've never listened to us before, this is what the show is all about.
Speaker 4: Absolutely nothing.
Speaker 7: Hang yeah, whatever that means about him.
Speaker 4: Hang with us. That's it, brother, whatever whatever this rod takes you one damnit, you hang it with us.
Speaker 7: You know what.
Speaker 3: I was watching Jesse looking at his break and I was like, is Jesse gonna is he?
Speaker 6: Is he marking? How long is it gonna take us to get to football?
Speaker 4: Or he's got it?
Speaker 6: Is that a new Apple Watch.
Speaker 4: A couple of months of the company.
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, speaking of hiding money, is that news? I mean, is that why you keep looking at it? Because it's new?
Speaker 4: It keeps going off? Just not no, it just keeps going off.
Speaker 5: Okay, I just never message, so I don't understand.
Speaker 3: It just turns out about you always at least at least once a week.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna get it in. This is my segment.
Speaker 3: I'm done.
Speaker 6: We'll be right back.
Speaker 7: Hang with boy for the second time.
Speaker 4: How's wing Stop sound? Christy juicy classic wings?
Speaker 10: Sausty tossed that those elegged, soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheests or signature Wingstop rage.
Speaker 4: I think you've heard enough. Get your leave it delivered at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 1: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys, and Wingstop is here to bring the flavor to game date as the official Wings.
Speaker 7: Of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Order now by download the wings Stop app, order online at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 11: Hey Cowboys fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here, and set Gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 4: All the action.
Speaker 11: Seat Gig makes it easier to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season.
Speaker 4: Whether you're buying.
Speaker 11: Or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seat gig.
Speaker 4: Is the place to do it.
Speaker 11: Seat gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea ticketing a ticket that works.
Speaker 4: Expect he expected seat geek.
Speaker 6: Hey Cowboy fans.
Speaker 12: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Prescott keats it slides with the first down.
Speaker 12: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot com.
Speaker 1: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 12: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 11: We got big personalities, We got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across this big state, and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smeir Enough knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home we're away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all we got big love.
Speaker 4: For them boys. Smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 1: Back to Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the second segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought to you each and every day by blockchain dot com Chain. Thank you, Blockchain, dock chain, Kurt Yes, get ready for the ultimate game to experience.
Speaker 7: Thanks to seven eleven, you could.
Speaker 3: Win a VIP experience to the Cowboys versus Bengals showdown on December the night. Just text Cowboys VIP to seven one one seven one one for your chance to win premium club tickets sideline passes, traveling more don't miss out inter now no purchase necessary. Ends on eleven twenty must be eighteen or older. In the USDC Board were prohibited. Messaging data rates may apply. Vis at bit dot ly slash go seven one one seven one one for full.
Speaker 6: Details of non text entry.
Speaker 3: And I will not apologize for making segments about me this week because it's my birthday week.
Speaker 2: Right, I am over fifty years old. Talk about what I want to talk about. Go ahead of my brother off, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Stuff and everything, man, right, Hey, sure, football, that's what we're going.
Speaker 6: To talk about.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 5: Go get your stuff checked, everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but everything, your blood, all your stuff, go get checked.
Speaker 6: You never know whenever to save a life.
Speaker 4: You're right, You're absolutely right. You know, one chuck up away from saving your life.
Speaker 6: You are you really are?
Speaker 7: Ask Kurt?
Speaker 4: Yeah, your correct?
Speaker 6: That, Yeah, could have saved your life.
Speaker 4: Man, there you go completely right now. And I know how it doesn't do with football, but you just said that. I saw a thing the other day on social media at a hockey game. One of the trainers at a hockey game was in the game. This girl was standing behind the glass of the team and she's watching this trainer on the hockey team in front, and she realizes he has this mole on the back of his neck and she's looking and she's looking, and you know, she's trying to get his attention, but he won't turn around. So she writes a note like on her phone, presses it against the glass and tells him, whatever that mold is, that mold can be cancerous. You need to go get it checked out. I heard about that and so, and come to find out, she's a medical student. So she saw that mold and was like, you need to go get checked out. He said, at first he didn't think about another and he said, you know what, let me go get it checked out. He goes and get it checked out. It's a cancerous mold. Wow. And he eventually had it removed and it saved his life because the doctor had said, had you waited another year, that you would have been in here for a different reason. Wow. And so she saw it gave him like put her phone to the window. Saved his life.
Speaker 7: You know what I like about that?
Speaker 3: And my twisted mind, you were saying, he's working I'm working on alone.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: No, how people can look at things and see like She looked at that mold and say, I can you know cancer? Let me help this man. You look at big black men.
Speaker 8: So next time, Nate, someone says something to you, don't just say I'm working.
Speaker 6: I'm working.
Speaker 7: I'm working.
Speaker 6: I'm working.
Speaker 7: I'm working here, Scubi Crystal working.
Speaker 10: Not wrong.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, that's hilarious.
Speaker 6: You're not wrong?
Speaker 7: Can we No, I'm not going to even bring it up. I'll having too much fun going down this trail.
Speaker 3: I mean, hey, we can talk about this stuff tomorrow.
Speaker 6: We can put it all in one day.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, you never told us about the shirt. I guess we still got to wait till the next break. Now, next break, Okay, promise, if y'all want me to.
Speaker 4: Come back the next week, if y'all want me to be a part of the show next week, wait to the break.
Speaker 3: Yeah, talk about We'll talk about the conversation we had in the break.
Speaker 6: We'll finish that one, and then we'll find out about the shirt. And then I got another question ask break.
Speaker 1: Hey, but I can tell you a little bit about this Texans defense ahead. I'm just gonna tell you my quick deal foe before he give us the total breakdown. Jesse understand this right here, this defensive line, they have a plethora of guys. Uh Hunter, the first name Danil Hunter. He will be on your quarterback. He will bring all type of pressure. First of all, they runn a four to three base defense. Both guards covered, both tackles cover this. Their defensive lineman, unlike other defensive lineman that I've seen. Their defensive lineman can make plays in the backfield. There Tim Settle, Tim Settle Junior. I can't pronounce number ninety ones. Look that up for me, Kurt, number ninety one.
Speaker 7: They can make plays. I can't pronounce his name. I don't want to even go down the trail. And these guys can make plays.
Speaker 1: Look out for number five, their nickelback, and look out for number twenty Jimmy Ward. These guys make plays. They make plays. They're very active. They give up right around one hundred yards a game, even in their losses.
Speaker 7: Against Let me look this up. Let me look this up.
Speaker 1: Get against their loss against the Jets. On the eighty two yards of Russian against the Lions, it's thirty two carriage for one hundred and five yards for three point three. These guys are please, I mean Jesse gonna break it down even more. These guys are active. I mean you look at their front seven. They are active. A z as Sheer is the linebacker number zero. They are active. And they always got Jimmy Ward somewhere lurking around that line. They will run a nickel blitz every now and then, and but they will bring Jimmy Ward with some consistency.
Speaker 7: I think sometime he takes off on his own. Their solid defense.
Speaker 1: And they've lost the last two games, but you're talking about a team that will flat out hustle, flat out run to the ball.
Speaker 7: Coach Sloyd and Coach.
Speaker 1: Ryan have these guys running to the ball in Detroit. I didn't even have to look at the second half because I saw it on TV Detroit.
Speaker 7: Just the beast, y'all. They are just the beast.
Speaker 9: So quick start runs so far.
Speaker 7: To said again, i'mber ninety.
Speaker 9: One far too, Cossie.
Speaker 1: That sounds good, so you know, but I was at the house saying, right, you know what, I was at the house saying, wow.
Speaker 6: Quick stat on Uh. This is from Brandon Loriie on Twitter.
Speaker 3: Danil Hunter has generated sixty two pressures, I'm telling you the most through the first ten weeks of the season in the past seven seasons per NFL Pro.
Speaker 1: Every time you look up, he is the real he is a couple of the reasons why this kid for Detroit had five interceptions.
Speaker 7: Every time you looked up, he was somewhere hunting. Now the sack my strength didn't.
Speaker 1: Play last week, or Willie will Elison, But he didn't play last week.
Speaker 7: You know. They they brought in another young guy, and they got the White. They got White, Uh, Devin White.
Speaker 1: So he played a littit, but he didn't even play last week, and so uh, it's gonna they got him questionable this week.
Speaker 7: They gonna have a full package. Man. They they got a good, solid team.
Speaker 1: Uh. And we ain't even talking about the offense. Yeah, I'm just saying their defense. They play hard even in the loss. Yeah, they play hard, man, they play hard. That's all I have to offer to y'all.
Speaker 3: Just some quick stats from Kurt on the defense up front. Their seventh in sacks with twenty nine, fourth in pressures twenty seven point five percent of the time, their secondary fourth and passing yards allowed, third in interceptions and first in past breakups.
Speaker 7: Yeah, get at you, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And then there are thirteen interceptions man secondary.
Speaker 3: Bullock is tied for third in the league in interceptions with four and lasted the cornerback has three interceptions and allowing yeah two last week only a forty eight point nine passer riding.
Speaker 1: You know what, in every game you will see where guys have dropped two or three interceptions. You're like, oh, that could have been an interception. Well, these guys got five turnovers?
Speaker 7: What five was five? Yes, and they dropped I mean.
Speaker 1: Literally had him in their hand and just all they had to do is take two quick taps and it had been interception.
Speaker 7: They dropped him. I was like, this is one of the worst.
Speaker 1: Games I ever seen your boy had since Yeah, Jake Goff Jered is going to the worst games I ever seen him have man.
Speaker 6: Or he's seen in the secondary, Jesse, you.
Speaker 4: Know, this is a really good secondary. And and they named some of them, but he didn't even name the best one. Which one is that? The best one is Derreck Stingley Jr.
Speaker 7: Yes, Yes, Yes, he's the He's.
Speaker 4: The best of the bunch. Like he's the guy that you know he talked about Ballhawk. He can run, he can you know, he can flip his hips, he's the best out of the bunch. We remember Jimmy Ward because of his year is playing with San Francisco, so we remember that that guy from his time with San Francisco and what they've done and and and lastedar he uh. He went out last week against the Alliance after two interceptions. He had a concussion. So he's I think this week's through concussion protocol probably will play in this football game. What they decided to do. And Tony's point, he's absolutely correct. Active group, active group, active group, active group, everybody. And they didn't even have Will Anderson last week. And he's probably the best up front quick sidebar danil Hunter may have, maybe danil Hunter, maybe Miles Garrett. They got the best arms that you've ever seen in your life, Like just oh let me check this out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, you would love it.
Speaker 4: You would love it. Danil Hunter man, he got arms that looked like somebody built him in a lab. And if you say, if you say that Lane Johnson is the best right guard, I mean, Scarvey best right tackle in the league. Pane Suel is the second one. And Danil Hunter put Pane Suel last week and he put him in a move. Yeah, he put him in a blender. He put he put Pane Suel in a blender. In that one play, fake spin get back to him affected the pass that golf was throwing. But up front they're active. They decided defensively and Demico Rans is a talking out another uh Shanahan tree. Jamiko Ryan's coming from Uh he he was the architect in that Niners defense that we had to face for so many years. Uh So Jamika Ryan's coming over here. They've decided, you're not gonna run the ball on us. That's what they decided. So whatever the whatever the if you, if you, if you are a parlay person and you got a parlay ticket, take the underwhe it come to record the Russing yard. I'm just telling you that what they're front, what they're front for their three linebackers. They've they've been held bent on committing another guy to the line of to the to the to the box to stop the run. They want to stop the run because they believe that their corners can play, you know, either some sort of man matchup, some sort of zone man matchup, uh, single high safety. They're playing in that realm right now. They're just saying we're not gonna allow teams to run on us. And even though they give up one hundred yards as a group to uh to to to uh Detroit to Detroit, it wasn't like one guy got off for one hundred yards. But I don't believe. Maybe I gotta look at that again, but uh, they didn't have It wasn't It wasn't a usual Detroit running type performance where they were one hundred and fifty yards one hundred and seventy yards type uh type. It was one hundred and five. I think, I think, I think, I think.
Speaker 6: Who's the starter for the gyms or Montgomery?
Speaker 4: Montgomery, I think he was the one that he maybe had like seventy eight yard.
Speaker 6: I think Gibbs had like thirty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's where it may have came. I don't think they I don't think they giving up one hundred yard rusher since a couple of weeks ago. And matter of fact, it was Taylor from the Colts. He was the last one they gave one hundred yard rusher up to to one back. But they're active, man, they're flying around, and it was it was funny like when when you watch them in those red uniforms they just looked fast. They were everywhere.
Speaker 6: It's in a helmet.
Speaker 4: It's eleven guys to the football. They're they're and they're getting there under control, and they're getting there with bad intentions. They they want to make you hurt every time they tackle the football. And you know last week you look at what with our quarterback did Cooper rush? You know, if you're not going to be able to challenge them in some places down the field, you're in for a long day because this group and the word that the word that comes to mind from me is active. You gotta be active, man. The Cowboys have to find themselves, like I said last week, and a lot of twelve personnel that's one back, two tight ends, two wide receivers. You gotta find a way to try to get more blockers on them than they have defenders to give yourself creases in that run defense. Because if you just think you're gonna line up your five verse their five, you're six verse their six. All across the front of that line is activity all across it. And those guys are relentless, and so they're gonna win probably some of those one on one matchups. The Cowboys, they aren't sure right now what this offensive line is gonna look like. Last week you saw Austin Richards at the left tackle. You don't know what's gonna happen this week. If all their guys on that left side may be available. Tyler Smith, I'm looking at now, let it out. I can say it. Tyler Smith. He was in the rehab group today, heavily wrapped left knee. You know what, is Tyler Smith now going to be right? So that left side can be extremely compromised. If you're saying you're gonna be either without gutting again and Tyler Smith, that left side has already been an issue, but now you add the fact that Tyler Smith is not going to be one hundred percent. Let's just say that. So this defensive front is going to give whoever the quarterback is, whether it's Trey Lance, whether it's Cooper Rush. Hell, let's hope we don't have to get down to an emergency quarterback at Will Greer. But they're gonna have their hands full because this defense is fierce, it's physical. And then the losses that they've had it ain't really been on the defense. The defense has done what they were supposed to do. And we'll talk more offensively tomorrow, but a lot of what that offense is hurt. Offensive line is Stefan Diggs is out, Nico Collins is out. He may be back for this game, but we'll talk about more offense tomorrow. Defensively, this is a group, and like I said, if they get Will Anderson back, that's even more of a headache that you're going to have because he's another He is the guy on this defense. He he is the guy. He is the you know, look at me, I'm your captain.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: He's the captain of this defense. And then the rest of them follow behind Will Anderson. So whether he's there or not, you're gonna get a ton of activity from those guys up front and boy and that secondary ballhawks and they will hit like this is when when we when when you hear Nate and I talk about culture and toughness and and how that's come. You know that that's a that's a a thing that is built in from the coaching. Remember what the Niners were when Demico Ryans was there. I'm not saying that that though they are guys, I'm saying the effort is there. He and he is a defensive guy who played with his hair on fire. They're they're coming with a group of guys. One guy just they gonna be there. It's gonna be you. When when the whoever the ball carrier is, by the time the whistle blows from the referee, there's going to be three, four, five, six guys standing around around that particular player. They fly to the football and if Cooper Rush or Trey Lansher or whoever the hell is throwing the football, if you're not accurate and you're not where you're supposed to be with that football, Stingley Ward, Bullock, Lassiter, give it here, give it here. That's gonna be a turnover. And and and they're looking to be very opportunistic on that defensive side.
Speaker 3: In coaching right now, interesting in the league the way like the types of coaches you have the you have two really good new coaches that played the way they co coach and their teams are exactly like the way they their personalized Demico and Dan Campbell, right, and then you've got the kind of finesse group that's you know.
Speaker 5: Daniels and is that right Daniels in Miami, Yeah, Miami.
Speaker 3: And then you got McVeigh and you got you know, that group that kind of that when you look at them, you think they're real cerebral and real thought, you know, and you kind of and they're both working. You know, both systems and both types were working.
Speaker 1: You know, with this youth movie Jamier Gibbs had but nineteen carriers of seventy one yards, which was talking about Jami Hill. Okay, the thing, the thing, the thing, twenty two points a game. They're giving up three hundred and eight yards in this modern day NFL, they're giving up a game. And so you know, eight force formbos, five of them recovered. They only stand on the field twenty seven minutes. That over a long over over a game. You know, you get a week the rest over a game one game when you when we used to do that for our defense when I played well, they just give us some turnovers and they fresh.
Speaker 7: They they're flying around. And so.
Speaker 1: I am telling you them two tight ends, just talking about come to play, Come to help this team, and then be an outlet.
Speaker 7: For your quarterback and pass situation. I see it.
Speaker 4: This team is looking I'm telling y'all, this team is looking for victory. They need a victory. They've lost to in a row. They're looking for victory to stay in the in the path that they are going to remember. Houston and Jeff Cavaloughs had this this morning and it was a great It was a great thing that he said. He said, life is a little bit different when you're now the hunted and not the hunter. They were the hunters last year. Nobody really expected them to do anything last year, rookie quarter rookie QB and not really much expectation, and they and they jumped on a lot of people. And now this year people see them coming and they're feel a really, really, really formidable group. Again. The injuries have hurt them offensively, but this is a group that has played physical defensively. So how about defense today? The defense isn't the problem. The defense isn't the reason why they've lost the last two games. They're gonna come out and they're gonna play hard. They are looking for a victory in a major way. And we talked about it before. We laugh about it, you know all the time here is you know, we go put the giants. That's how that's our that's our our drug store, pharmacy, our pharmacy. They're looking at the Cowboys right now, like the here's I get right, Here's here's what we here's what we get back onto our winning wage. So they offensively, they better bring the thunder.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take our last break when we come back. More football on Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 4: How's wing Stop sound? Chrispy Juicy Classic Wings? Sausty tossed that those.
Speaker 10: Areleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, house made honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature wing Stop bredge. Think you've heard enough, get leave it delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 1: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and Wingstop is here to bring the flavor to game day as the official Wings.
Speaker 7: Of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Order now by downloading the wings Stop Out order online at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 12: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Scott keats it slide for the first down.
Speaker 12: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot com.
Speaker 13: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 12: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 13: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo ki Ero be your one stop destination for all things homegate. Your hero's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamoli made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Your hero's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section. Grab some today.
Speaker 11: Hey Cowboys fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here and seed Gig is here to help you experience all the action. Seed Gig makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets the Cowboys football games or to any other live event. Seat Gig is the place to do it. Seat Gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing, a ticket that works.
Speaker 4: Expect the expected seed.
Speaker 14: Geek backy Hanging with Welcome back to the final segment of Hanging Out with the Boys, brought you each and every day by Jigsaw, the.
Speaker 3: Proud dating partner of your Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Je saw all right the final.
Speaker 9: Six Another injury type small note talking about the offensive line. Tumaka is back working with the team, so he's his window opens up, his windows open, so I'll see him out there on the list side.
Speaker 6: Flip over to the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Right was his toe? I think so toe?
Speaker 6: It's pinky Toe. Still one of the best movies ever.
Speaker 7: Harmy Nights.
Speaker 4: You want to shoot me so good? So I got to cut you.
Speaker 3: That was one that was probably my favorite movie, coming to America with two of my favorites. Anyway, Cowboys offense, Nate, do you think this was a question from one of our listeners, right, Kurt, Yes. Steven Pellegrino, great last name pel Agrino is having two rookies on the offensive line taking a toll on Zach Martin with him, like have to constantly help them the left tackles, shuffling around, not in sync or.
Speaker 6: It's no you know, nope, nope.
Speaker 1: Now you may have a you know, if this kid was blowing assignments, that's one thing where he has to you know, he thinking a deuce block coming, a game coming, and this kid is missing that. No, Zach problem is simply this. He's injured, he's hurt, and he's a little bit older. That is his problem.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Cooper Rush, let's move on to him. One completion of more than five yards versus Philadelphia, and look.
Speaker 6: I don't know what I was seeing.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I told you all this on the show Monday, and I was embarrassed to even bring it up. But when I watched the game, I was like, I think it was effort, is what I saw. I thought the first quarter of the first half whatever.
Speaker 4: I was like, he's not playing that bad.
Speaker 3: And maybe it's because I was just expecting them to dink and dunk and hand the ball off, but I think it's because he was actually throwing the They wasn't completing him down the field, but he was.
Speaker 6: Throwing them down the field.
Speaker 3: He had a couple of almost there, and I think it was just I was expecting so little out of the backup quarterback position.
Speaker 4: Win Sunday, Yeah, what time you start drinking? I didn't drink. I didn't drink all weekend.
Speaker 6: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 4: First time on my birthday ever, I didn't drink.
Speaker 5: I don't know what's going on, getting telling, getting old, but I did.
Speaker 4: I think it's because of the you had that little that little double lettuce. Did you Nope, had done that.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I don't know what it was, but I felt like, you know, maybe it's because of the effort because they were actually throwing it. They were actually putting the air under the ball, and I wasn't expecting that. Now it wasn't coming down and being caught and all that stuff. But you know, and then I looked at halftime and looked at the stats, I was like, what have I been watching?
Speaker 6: Like what have I been thinking?
Speaker 1: So because they were of what got you was they were still in the game. I guess that when they were still in the game and they were being competitive, because I was saying that, Okay, we hanging in here.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: That's how I was looking at it and were hanging in here, even though I was kind of watching only the left tackle. I'm like, we hanging in here because he was hanging and I looked at the SATs too. I said, Wow, the quarterback, he do it too well. And at the end of the game, and we've.
Speaker 3: Seen Cooper Rush be able to throw for yards and be successful. So is this maybe just him not playing for so long and getting back in there, or is this just a glaring look at like this is yo, this is what Dak's been dealing.
Speaker 7: With, the same thing you spoke about yesterday.
Speaker 3: I mean, is there any is there anything you can do this week to get more than forty Yeah? And a completion of more than five yards down the field.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I said this the other day. I didn't think I don't think he. I think Cooper Rush is somewhere in between what we saw a couple of years ago and what we saw Sunday. I don't believe he was as good as we thought a couple of years ago, and I don't believe he was as bad as we saw Sunday. I think he's somewhere in the middle of that.
Speaker 7: Now that won't be good. Yes, it won't. It won't. It won't.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just saying like, it won't be enough. It won't be enough when you are when you're faced with playing quality teams. The Dallas Calibers, when their faced were playing quality teams here on out, with the lack of quarterback play, with the injuries and the offensive line and all of that. The only way that you are able to stay into these games is that you as a as an off say offense, everybody has to play their absolute best majority for the entirety of the game, and you have to have the defense play they're absolute worse for the entirety of the football game. That's how you find yourself in a position to win because you know, you know, even will Micah come out and you know this week and and and be Micah suore Okay, cool, but that won't be enough because you you eventually that the offense will get back on the field and they just have more than you. They just have a better overall output. This is when you start the scheme doesn't matter. You don't have the Jimmies and Joe's And that's the part that that is. It is evident that we have to look at now. They they aren't gonna go out there with that approach. You know, Austin Richard is gonna go out there, He's gonna play his best. Terrence Still's gonna go out there. He's gonna give you what he got. What that got is, or what they're giving is, may not be much, we don't know. Reports are out now that Tyler Smith is dealing with the knee injury. What has he got? I just told you this defensive line is relentless, so over and over and over again. Yeah, you might want to play cool, but I'm on the next three.
Speaker 1: You excited to see your guy awesome, Yes, but it's coming out of expense of one guy not getting any run. If you know, coach said it would be a competition, which I don't believe.
Speaker 7: What can you do? What can you do out there on the field?
Speaker 1: You don't hit ever, so how can it be a competition who had the most bad mental lapses out there?
Speaker 9: So another young guy is only second year? So is this a guy that should be given some more development?
Speaker 11: Run here?
Speaker 1: The thing is you determine that your your your left tackle is guiden. You got to ride with that if you if you switch, and this kid, Awesome gets better and better and better. Okay, what do you do then you have you cannot run this kid off because his contract up in a couple of years.
Speaker 7: And when you run him off, we'll be like, wow, man, Detroit got such and such.
Speaker 3: A or you look up in twelve years later and he's still in the league and the.
Speaker 1: Like, wait a minute, the league you that musical chairs thing only worked so far because the money that you give these kids are the money that they see out there on the horizon. Make a kid think different. The best thing ever happened for Ustin Richards was to have a chance to play, and he did. Okay.
Speaker 7: The worst thing in the world is the Cowboys let him play.
Speaker 1: In the world saw him do okay, So them just like we said, we liked it, Jonathan, and so we got him with a fourth round pick. Other teams saying the same thing, that we knew this kid could play. Let's give him opportunity with our squad.
Speaker 9: Chance you moved him to the right side.
Speaker 7: It is yes, yes, not Awesome riches the other key.
Speaker 4: See I think the opposite. I think if Awesome continues on like for him, because you put the assets the resources that you've put into Tyler Goyton, you gotta figure it out. You've got it. So now Awesome becomes he said, Oh, okay, he comes out of swinging tackle now, so now he's a guy who's like, oh, we know he can play on the left hand side, let's let's shift you over to the right hand side. Like you know what I'm saying, because you know, quality offensive not in this league? Is that a premium? You do just don't have many. So if you get one and then now you add to me doga coming back. So now if I got Awesome, who's a swing tackle, I got Tuma who can play. Now now I'm working with a little something. Now I can go in to this offseason. I'm saying, Okay, Guidon will continue to develop and grow. But now I know I got Awesome's playing at a good level. You know whatever Tuma turns out to be. But we can move in that direction. But you I mean, hell, they ain't give up on Masi yet, They're not gonna give up on Tyler Guydon after six games.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm That's when when coach said it's a competition, and I'm like, we all know what competition.
Speaker 4: What coach fight for his life?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And that's why I was fighting for his life when they told see you were fortunate enough to go to North Right, Yes, sir, and you had that class where they taught you things to say. Coach should have enough experience to know that no comment will let you know later.
Speaker 7: It's better than saying it's a competition.
Speaker 4: Well, he might not say and then the next thing, you know, on Tuesday or Friday or Thursday, somebody else has somebody else, but.
Speaker 7: Let him say it because he can't get fired.
Speaker 3: So the best thing, we best, best thing that could happen is all the young guys go out and they play really well this week.
Speaker 5: And then at least you have options, right at least then you.
Speaker 4: Got to figure out where it's all Aboutah, where do you put them in?
Speaker 3: How do you practice them? And who gets to play in time? And where do we line them up in camp next year? So young fellas go have a good game this week, because we're not talking about the offense anymore.
Speaker 6: The rest of the week, it's.
Speaker 4: Not much to talk about. Well, we see I would mingo. Maybe we'll see mingo this week. We will should I mean every other receiver gets traded from another team that plays in the same week.
Speaker 3: You know, all right, So question for you to end the show if if Cooper goes out and plays the way he did last week, right, will at what point where we see and Nate Nate you you can go ahead and leave because you don't like talking about this.
Speaker 6: Well, what point will you see Trey Lance?
Speaker 4: Full time? Yeah? Thanksgiving?
Speaker 6: Like I said, so you think Thanksgiving?
Speaker 4: Thanksgiving?
Speaker 6: We'll see Cooper rush till Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: If you'll see you'll see some packages last week. Yeah, yeah, you might see some packages, but full time Thanksgiving?
Speaker 7: Okay, all to Jesse, look.
Speaker 3: Good, good stuff, good seeing he go get your mentals in your dinners and your butch checked out. Tomorrow Chris, thanks for keeping us on the air. Jazz Josh, thanks for keeping him company.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow, same time, same place.
Speaker 4: Cowboys defense, Cowboy's defense, Texans offense.
Speaker 7: Which over on how many times we Shannon bring up this kid?
Speaker 6: Which kid?
Speaker 7: Quarterback? Oh?
Speaker 6: He's good, I like him, I like him. We will talk about it tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Go go google Daniel Hunter arms.
Speaker 7: Thank me late.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 7: We out.
Speaker 11: It's has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club