Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Cadino and Rich podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern she be four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Covino on Rich at Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app like searching FSR.
Speaker 1: It's Friday, convin.
Speaker 3: On Rich Friday.
Speaker 1: Ready to do this? What Friday? Friday?
Speaker 2: Frida Friday, fad answering a random foll call five seconds before we went on the air.
Speaker 1: You know what it was.
Speaker 2: It was my daughter's high school though, and it was like concerning all the time.
Speaker 1: It's as as the intro in and go.
Speaker 2: Covino's like, it's a concerning I know when it's like when someone of your family calls you in the middle of the night.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh my god, who died. Yeah, your kids' school calls You're.
Speaker 2: Like, Oh, they call way too often, though, I'm gonna have to block them. They give me way too many updates. I'm trying to do a live it's here. She's not even in school. I know. That's why it bothered me. Anyway, Cavino and Rich, it is a Friday and we be rocking out last go by the way, Danny, you probably get it with your stepkids.
Speaker 1: Co is too young. But I wonder if everyone in.
Speaker 2: Every state, in every school district now gets like voicemails, like from the superintendent person.
Speaker 3: Double it up with emails.
Speaker 1: It's intrusive. It's multiple times a night.
Speaker 2: It's like, jeez, Luis all right, you're always getting updates from everybody. But anyway, I digest. It's Friday. I'm pumped about it. It's the best two hours of the day and then the weekend begins. As you are casting live, as you would say, there is no Filma.
Speaker 1: What movie is that? Does anyone know?
Speaker 3: CoV knows.
Speaker 1: Nobody knows.
Speaker 2: That favorite old school reference is no Thelma here. That's from Amazon. Women on the Moon our citio hall right. If you know that, our senior scene will give you a prize. Anyway, we're broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. If you miss any of the show today, you want to catch the podcast, search covine order to wherever you get your podcasts, or remember we're streaming live right now on YouTube, so you can watch the show anytime or chat it up live right now at Covino on which FSR. But the Best of the Week drops tomorrow morning. Danny g edits up a real nice and tight toy best of the Week and it's available at six am Eastern wherever you stream your podcast. All right, so today's Friday, so that means Brainwave. We're giving away prizes. If you're on our brain Wave, we hook you up and we get you ready for the weekend with weekend hobnob and what to watch in all of the sports and entertainment. But first, there he is Danny g O Danny producer. And second but sometimes a number two is better than number one, right, Sam, I would say, Sam Jeter, that's right, And of course Dan Byer's in there saying what's up getting ready for the updates.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys for being part of this coven. On Rich let's go, man.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's gonna be a lot of quarterback talk today, Kevino said, ye, bro, it's.
Speaker 1: The quarterback trifecta of news.
Speaker 2: So there's Tony Romo news, there's Tom Brady stories, and there's a Baker Mayfield thing we got to break down. So lots of quarterback stuff today. But before we get to quarterback. Yeah, could I.
Speaker 3: Which Rich still hasn't seen on.
Speaker 2: Netflix, Could I be excited for a second? Danny about receiver, my receiver Deebo Samuel you had.
Speaker 4: Thrown his last career forty nine er pass at Super Bowl Radio Row.
Speaker 2: We called it out, We called it Dueebo to Deebo. Remember that Rich Stewo passed to him at Super Bowl. I remember something was wrong. I knew things weren't good at the time in the bay because any San Francisco forty nine ers question I asked him.
Speaker 3: He always like, yeah, yeah, go niner.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He looked at me with a look like, Yo, my man, I don't know if this is gonna work back man one year seven mil? Good for debo?
Speaker 2: Am I glorifying the debo that was five years ago? And stand byer immediately not his head, Dan saying yes. And I trust Dan, especially with that sweet new fate he's got going on. Yeah, haircut looking tight, got haircut confidence. Yeah, he's got the haircut confidence. But I looked this, that's up from last year, and he looked like pretty decent.
Speaker 3: Let's tall.
Speaker 1: He was banged up, but I looked it up. It was better than I thought.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's the explosive like I'm gonna be a running back and a wide receiver Deebo Samuel. But I think one year seven mil is like bargain shopping. That's like you know when you find like a really nice shired like Nordstrom rack, Yeah, and you're like, you.
Speaker 1: Know this, this is like a two hundred dollars shirt. I can get it for thirty bucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You know what? It screams to me, Parasol is not playing this season.
Speaker 2: Uh, Pearsall might not play this season. But if he, if Ricky Pearsall is out for real, Danny j isn't it nice to know that you have Deebo Samuel there, who's familiar with the Shanahan offense, who's familiar with brock Purty, and all his teammates seemed thrilled these back. So when you see guys like McCaffrey and Kittle and everyone's saying like, yo, Debo's back, welcome back, that's our dog, Like you don't you don't find out to be nice? Oh yeah, that's that's definitely a good sign and not a bad.
Speaker 1: Low cost deal.
Speaker 2: At low costs one, it's a one year commitment to bring your guy back. You know what he brings. He wasn't terrible with the Commanders. So one year, seven million, forty nine ers are the team to be. We'll discuss it, because that's what Rich was saying off the air, But why don't we kick it off with the QB trifecta speaking of football, because those are the biggest stories right now. I do want to say that when we were defending if we were defending Toty Rowo, if that's how you took it, remember we prefaced it with based on the information we have right now.
Speaker 1: Remember we said that.
Speaker 2: And we were also very clear to say there's never any circumstance where you should be boozing and driving and riding right. And then then you heard speculation of open containers. I was like, yeah, but is that real? I don't know, And you know, I want to say that everything we were saying was at the time, and I'm not necessarily changing my stance by any means.
Speaker 1: But for them to.
Speaker 2: Sort of now put him on hold and bring in what that says a lot. That's story number one. Tony Romo is on lee for his role at CBS Sports until further notice. The network already announced that jj Watt will replace Romo and work alongside Jim Nantz and Wolfson for the time being.
Speaker 1: Hello friends. So that's a.
Speaker 2: Big announcement, especially when I feel like the temperature of social media and the news sort of was lenient on Romo. I don't think anyone was really looking at it like, yeah, man, this guy was a mess. So that says to me, there's more things or as we gain more info, as I was saying pointed out the other day, Colin Cowherd likes to say, like, you know, you could change your opinion with new information. It's true, but I don't think I really have to yet. But it is concerning, like, all right, why are they so quick to do that? It could be one of two things they want to move forward from him anyway, And I know Dan Byer was talking about that today, so I'd love his insight on that. Or there's more to this story than we know, right, just like the Shanahan story. There's something half we don't know about story.
Speaker 4: Maybe that has a little bit to do with this that they're reading and taking a temperature read of the room.
Speaker 1: How are they moving forward already?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Well, they didn't fire him right leaf could be a preseason game and then he's back for Week one.
Speaker 1: You know, a time out they may.
Speaker 2: Have just really, you know, put a little kit in the timeout, like pull your time out, put down your iPad for no more iPad the rest of the night. And I'm gonna have to quote the great Dan Byer. He's adjusting his microphone. He's looking confident today. He's got a sweet new summer trim up.
Speaker 1: Poor Dan Buyer.
Speaker 2: And I say this because for the last eight minutes now, I feel as though Dan's been trying to reconstruct a microphone in a studio and it's like remember the scene with OJ and Naked Gun where everything he is.
Speaker 3: Somebody get that man a Janet Jackson headset.
Speaker 2: He gets some WD forty, a screwdriver, and a drill stat while he repairs his microphone, it fell off the handle. I know that he said something along lines of if it was just the temporary thing, wouldn't they have just brought some ancillary dude in to fill in. So they brought in the next guy. They brought in a potential replacement. JJ Watt could be the potential next guy that they wanted to bring in. What you're saying, is why bring in the next in line? What I'm saying is it could be one of two reasons. There's more to the story, Like I don't even know if that open container thing is real or not.
Speaker 1: Do we know that either there's more to the.
Speaker 2: Story or they're using this as a reason or like the last straw to move forward, Because in the past few years, it does seem like when it comes to his broadcasting, there's been a shift, right, Like we went from loving Tony Romo to criticizing Tony Romo.
Speaker 1: He went from no, stra damis.
Speaker 2: Right to yeah, he's irritating, Like, like the the sentiment on Tony Romo really did switch.
Speaker 1: He never bothered me same, but but it did go.
Speaker 2: You know, we have a good read of what people are saying and the pulse of, like we said, social media and what the boys are buzzing about at the barber shop. That is definitely the sentiment. So maybe this is their reason or excuse to Hey, throw jj watten air and see what happens. Sometimes all you need is a little little something right exactly. We've seen it at the workplace, you've seen it in life. Someone wants to break up with someone or someone wants to get someone fired.
Speaker 1: This is the out. There's an out sometimes.
Speaker 2: Right, it could be the out because if it was just a temporary thing, you just bring in some some shmoke, some regular some other guy.
Speaker 1: What's up, Danny g.
Speaker 4: According to the Los Angeles Times yesterday, an open container of alcohol was found inside Romo's vehicle at the time of his arrests.
Speaker 1: That changes thing, it says.
Speaker 4: According to a new citation released by the Milwaukee County Sheriff's office, they found it on the passenger side of his black cheep.
Speaker 2: Now we didn't know that little tidbit of information until the end of our discussion when the story first started popping, and they.
Speaker 1: Were like, all right, well if that's true.
Speaker 2: Now that we know that that's true, it does change things, right, it does because the guy who was saying he had no drinks on leave, he's on leave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even know how to read that, to be honest.
Speaker 2: On leave on leave is you know, I think sometimes this happens when when I hear on leave, I think that that feels like, isn't that it's on his terms? No, I don't know that means I think they're able to put someone on leave. Yeah, our video guy Spot just threw something on the screen. I think he was insinuating. Am I wrong by saying this is Spot's working remotely today? He said a lot of times when someone does something this happens too with like sex addiction, when when it's a you're sort of trying to get the temperature of the public. On leaves a good temporary place to put someone, like, all right, we're not going to fire him.
Speaker 3: Administrative leave.
Speaker 2: Administrative leave or some type of leave is always a good way to be like, all right, is everyone gonna forget about this and not caring a couple of weeks and we could just go back to business? Or is this gonna linger? Because if it lingers, or is it the HR issues? Like if he has an issue, they can't jump the gun to fire somebody like that?
Speaker 3: Right? Is that?
Speaker 1: What is that a safety measure? But also it's not a fireable offence unless, of course, you know, he sees his dating court maybe out of I think the open container changes changes everything.
Speaker 2: Even though I feel like I feel like he did a good job with everything else, and.
Speaker 4: I still don't feel like we have clarity on that because the other. Some other news outlets keep using the word allegedly had an open container. So there's been back and forth on that.
Speaker 2: We need heg That's why I'm confused on that. So that's story number one. Tony Romo big story, Story number two. Baker Mayfield is the QB trifecta, whichever one you want to chime in on. By all means, it's a casual Friday, some juicy stuff. We're just trying to get to the bottom of it. Eight seven seven ninety nine o f D. You see, Dan Buyer went to a radio shack. You bought a new Microphoni's back. I don't want to steal your thought or put words in your mouth, but I kind of agree, like with the JJ Watt side of things.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a little bit of history as well with CBS in terms of if you just look at who the broadcast partner of JJ Watt has in football, it's Iron Eagle. Iron Eagle replaced Jim Nantz as the number one voice on college basketball when Nance decided to retire. I don't think Nance is going to be doing this forever. I think that the last thing that Nance will broadcast is golf. You'll do the Masters and the PGA Championship and that's it. But I think at some point I'll probably say goodbye to football. So that allows another number one person to move up, which Iron Eagle is their number two right now. So if you have want in that spot and he excels, then it makes for another transition and you move vote forward for the next decade with a duo that people are really excited about right now is number two. They could have gotten Charles Davis, They could have moved Adam Archiletta up. Remember when Joe Buck used to do the World Series for Fox. You know who Fox put in there, Tom Brenneman. Tom Brenneman was like fifth on the list. It wasn't like they bumped up the number two guy and put him to number one during that time. So I think this really makes sense for CBS, and I think that they probably don't want to be in the Tony Romo business anymore, at least, you know, considering what's happened.
Speaker 2: Do you think they were already not sure that if they wanted to be in the Tony Romo business before this?
Speaker 1: Yes, and this was the final straw, the easy out and JJ.
Speaker 6: Watt is such a likable guy and is so popular and hits to another younger generation, which I think, not that he's that much, you know, younger than Tony Romo, but still I agree.
Speaker 2: But I also think Tony Romo is a likable guy, even though he got some hate in the past few years.
Speaker 1: Have we heard our last, Jim.
Speaker 3: No, not if we talked about it a couple of days ago. Cove.
Speaker 4: You know, he started out hot shot out of a cannon and then instead of climbing up, it feels like he's kind of.
Speaker 2: Been Okay, So that's the first story Tony Romo. Do you remember, Like you said, Tony Romo was was again like a no stre damas in the booth that first year, and everyone was fascinated. And I don't know what happened if he just that just war on people. Remember he'd be like, yeah, Jim, you know what's gonna happen here? The linebacker is gonna blitz and oh they're gonna does it out pattern?
Speaker 4: Because any he really started to lean into it, and he would be wrong more than half the time. And you know, you we saw the memes, we saw the gifts, we saw all the stories about ah Man. This this act is getting tired.
Speaker 2: Oh man, so grand opening, grand closing possible for Tony Romo.
Speaker 1: JJ Watt is like you see the.
Speaker 2: Recent videos where instead of walking straight line one ft in front of the other, he's doing quarterback drills. Have you guys seen them?
Speaker 1: I have seen those are frank, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: I know they're ai but and I know that's silly as this serious thing to get behind the wheel with an open container, But.
Speaker 3: Do you think that would impress the officer? Though? If if you busted out the deck, yehould have did it. There are certain things though.
Speaker 6: We were talking earlier this week about the body cam footage and I hope to never be in a situation I don't drink.
Speaker 3: I don't, so I think I'm good.
Speaker 6: However, what I didn't realize was when the officer goes, I'm going to demonstrate this three times, you have to do it nine times. I'm like, oh my goodness, you know, like you have to do this twenty seven times. Like it was just like she would show like a short bit and he had to do it that long to be able to bonehead.
Speaker 2: And it's safe to say that I am that's fine. I'll take it. But a lot of these tests are kind of difficult, especially for a guy who has a bad hip, bad knees, a few injuries, Like can you do it? I didn't see them do this, but like if someone said, recite the alphabet backwards, could you guys do that?
Speaker 3: No? I couldn't.
Speaker 1: No, I take forever.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So it's like some of these things are ridiculous.
Speaker 2: There's a video by the way, if you're watching live now, we're streaming live on YouTube at Covino on rich FSR. That's the AI thing that could have got him out of this whole mess. I love that, but he's dying that Dak Prescott. I think some of these things bare fooble. But you're right, there is a weird level of confusion, like, all right, what you're gonna do is you're gonna put your arm here, do this take nine steps foot?
Speaker 1: And I don't.
Speaker 2: I just have I feel like if anyone, even if you're not drunk, you'd probably nervously confirm.
Speaker 1: So again, so again, you want me to go. I'm starting those.
Speaker 2: Moments right, put yourself in those moments. They feel like bad dreams, and you're like, is this really happening right now.
Speaker 1: It feels like a.
Speaker 2: Nightmare, and you get all confused, and you know you're making weird eye contact. You're nervous say like that. At one point he's like, did I do good?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he's Tony Romo, so he's thinking this is going to be a press nightmare, right So he's got a lot going on in his brain, which makes even more hard to follow. And you know that that's why we were I don't want to say quick to defend him, but we didn't have all the details. It's getting a little sticky now. Baker Mayfield is the other story, and we could simply say or sum it up like this, rich Baker Mayfield three years, one hundred million, wasn't able to work out a new contract with Tampa Bay. Did he go from overrated to the most underrated quarterback? Aren't you shocked?
Speaker 1: I'm sure.
Speaker 2: It's almost like the reversal of what we say with Romo, where everyone loved him and then heitmen. When Baker Mayfield came in this league, there was a sense of, oh, he might be a little overvalued or overrated. It didn't work out in the beginning the way everyone thought he didn't. He did good, but like he brought people the wrong way too.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: But now when you look at three years, one hundred million, which man, I wish that was being underpaid in our world. But still he's sixteenth as far as active NFL quarterbacks, So he is dead center of the NFL quarterback situation.
Speaker 1: They enaid fd.
Speaker 2: Do you know what's so disheartening about that? It's like you was the old ectriction. You put your nose to the What where are you putting your nose to the grind, to the bubble? He puts his nose to the grind, like he works hard. He's a dog in the NFL. If you watch quarterback, you see him as a man. He's a good dude. He's a family guy, and he's dedicating to winning and taking a beating while doing it. Like that's the kind of guy you want leading your team like he leads by example. I know he's not the biggest dude, he's not the biggest arm but here's a guy that earned the respect of all those teammates. He did everything he possibly could to prove that to Tampa and and they don't give him a contract.
Speaker 1: They don't work it out.
Speaker 4: Kind of feels like they're blaming him for how much time he's out injured, which is not all his fault. When you watch his quarterback, he was dealing with a really banged up o line, which is why the defense was getting to him.
Speaker 2: So he's not the type of guy that leans into it either. He's trying to play hurt, right, So he's not crying about it, and you and you learn to respect him more, not only from his past few seasons, but from watching Quarterback on Netflix.
Speaker 1: So that story number three, by the way, what is he is he now just underrated?
Speaker 2: Like? How is he not working out a deal? What if the Tony Romo thing was a dumb and dumber scenario. Yeah, and it was a bottle, but it was it wasn't filled with alcohol.
Speaker 1: Give me that.
Speaker 2: No, that's bad now, bro, Like that's really care road trip, you know, because what we all said when we were trying to understand the Tony Romost story is like, all right, let's be real about it. He was golfing, probably didn't want to admit he probably had a few drinks, but like we all have a few drinks if we're at dinner. Not all because Dan Bayer doesn't drink. I'm saying, but it's okay. It's socially accepted to have one, two, maybe even three drinks throughout the course of a night. You're having a you know, a dinner with friends, you're at the golf course. You can get behind the wheel if you're not intoxicated and drive, But having an empty container in there, you might have then think you're advertising, you're an idiot. So's idiot advertising. Yeah, so that just that does change things. Careless, it's careless. It's way careless, like we could all understand, like, yeah, you have a few drinks, if you're not drunk, then you're okay. But to have an open container to changes things. Baker Mayfield story number two, I feel like it's a slap in the face where he's saying the same things over again, like he's he's betting on himself again.
Speaker 1: He already did this.
Speaker 4: Some listener input on that from our YouTube channel, The Rennick eighty one says, I actually live in Tampa Bay. In my humble opinion, he sounds like a whiner. Bro, you had a great twenty twenty four and a stink twenty twenty five. He didn't have a Stak twenty you expect all of us to ignore one and not the other.
Speaker 1: Twenty five.
Speaker 2: He's heart. It was like the tail of two seasons. Yes, my second half day it was killing it. Second half he was hurt.
Speaker 4: Yep, you know it's not like all of a sudden he suck. Well listen, and then the team needed help. Remember this last week of the season. They needed help.
Speaker 1: And then and that was really it. That was like a weird wet. Remember the South is so bad.
Speaker 2: We're like someone's gonna just get in because they all suck so bad.
Speaker 1: Sam, you got audio from Baker, So take a.
Speaker 7: Lesson disappointing in that regard to to not have, you know, to feel disrespect a little bit. And that's really the disappointing part, to feel undervalued after you know, thinking you've earned it.
Speaker 1: This is not a poor me thing. It's there's a lot other people that have it way worse off.
Speaker 7: But I can sit here and look at other quarterbacks and peers and evaluate myself based on that and put myself in certain categories that I deserve to be compensated for that. And I think I'm a franchise quarterback. I've been told I'm a franchise quarterback.
Speaker 1: It's been said.
Speaker 7: Publicly from ownership down here, and so to not have a deal done is very disappointing.
Speaker 2: I think he's proven he's a franchise quarterback at this point. Well, comparison is the thief of Julie. I said that yesterday. You don't want to compare yourself, but that's how we do gauge ourselves in every industry you work in, right like you, you compare yourself to what other people make. And Baker Mayfield publicly, no, oh is what every quarterback makes in the NFL. He is number sixteen of thirty two starters. And when you're right there in the middle of the pack and he's saying I'm better than that, and you see, it's like the next guy up thing. He's thinking, I'm a fifty plus million Oh gotcha. I think he's proven to be a great leader, So I think we need to factor that in too, And that's what you want out of quarterback. So that's story number two, and I have another angle on that, so I want to okay, perfect, and then the next story is the quarterback trifecta. To get our Friday going has to deal with Tom Brady and it's the most ridiculous thing you've heard for a guy that I back. Yes, yes, on everything. Yeah, Yeah, we have a major problem. We think Tom Brady is the man, but we both have a problem with this and we'll explain. Plus we're gonna play Brainwave, give away prizes and more. It's a fun time Friday here with Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio and now. Every sports season built on preparation, studying the trends, making the necessary adjustments to reach the ultimate goal. Investing deserves that same approach. With wee Bow, you have access to real time market data, advanced tools, intuitive apps designed to help make informed decisions, whether you're actively trading stocks, options, ETFs and more, or planning for the long term for you and your family with iras, cash management and custodial accounts for children. We bill gives you the tools to invest your way, all on one platform. If you look at to take your prep to the next level, check out wee Bol's learn resources. Join their in app community fee to discuss investing trends and happenings alongside twenty five million users global and now. It helps streamline your trading activities and elevate your strategy, try Vega Weeble's personal market AI assistant that could give you real time analysis, watchless insights and alerts from earnings drop. So get your financial portfolio game ready by downloading the wee bowl app today or visiting we bowl dot com.
Speaker 3: We both Financial LLC and member SIPC FENRA Investing involves risk. For more information, visit wee bule dot com slash disclosures.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're Cavino and Rich Fox Sports Radio every day five to seven pm Eastern.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing. We never have enough time to get to everything we want to get.
Speaker 2: To, and that's why we have a brand new podcast called over Promised. You see, we're having so much fun in our two hour show. We never get to everything, honestly, because this guy is over promising things we never have time for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you blubber list, lame me.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it's called over promise. You should be good at it because you've been over promising women for years. Well, it's a Covino and Rich after show, and we want you to be a part of it. We're gonna be talking sports, of course, but we're also gonna talk life and relationships, and if Rich and I are arguing about something or we didn't have enough time, it will continue on our after show called over Promised. Well, if you don't get enough Covino and Rich, make sure you check out over Promised and also Uncensored by the way, so maybe we'll go at it even a little harder. It's gonna be the best after show podcast of all time. There you go, over Promising, and remember you could see it on YouTube, but definitely join us. Listen Over Promised with Covino and Rich on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. Covino and Rich live from the Fox Sports Radio Studios from the Mean Streets of Lavatos vocals on a Friday, and I want to thank Dairy Queen. I want to thank Danny G because he went there today and hooked us all up.
Speaker 1: DQ. Baby, Yeah, it was on our mind yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, said they were doing all those reads for DQ and they're blizzards and Mike, Yeah, they.
Speaker 4: Had a great cause going on yesterday where they were donating a dollar or more to help kids out. So that miracle day, we were pumping it hard yesterday and thanks to our boss Scott because he sent me a gift card for DQ. So I went to the Semi Valley one closest to my house and Jaden Smith she was behind the counter. She's a star soccer player for Seemi Valley High School. Yeah, her manager there was really really nice.
Speaker 2: Let dude, little things like this go such a long way, you know, just a nice casual Friday, having some DQ with Danny g and Sam and buyer's got your updates in five minutes. But I was thinking about it. The quarterback trifecta. Yeah, yeah, the Tony Romo update. He's on leave. JJ Watt is helling in for now? Baker Mayfield Rich posed a question, is he a guy that went from overrated to underrated? The answer, in my just stupid, humble opinion, yes, absolutely. He was going down a path of like of a Johnny Manziel, like uh oh, and totally flipped it around to where you're like, you're rooting for this guy and he plays with a chip on his shoulder, and I think this just adds to that, and so that way he's a winner and a leader. And I'm not saying he's a top five or some saying that, but they should have worked out a deal for him, but he he You could argue that when next one up, he could find himself in the top ten paid.
Speaker 1: But you know what he seems to be. I gotta give credit where it's due.
Speaker 2: Someone on our chat, Danny g said something about, Oh, Scott Fermeyer, we're streaming live. You can watch the show at Covino on rich FSR on YouTube. Baker likes that chip on his shoulder and Rich, I'm sure you know working with me anytime I'm under estimated, it fires me up. It motivates me, it fuels the fire. And I think he's I'm not comparing myself to Baker Mayfield, but you could see that that's what motivates him. So you have to expect the big year from the guy show you and yeah here for himself.
Speaker 1: Gre's my question.
Speaker 2: Then let's say Baker has a monster year just you know, stays healthy, deliver it. No, I'm saying, let's say let's say the Bucks go ten and seven, make the playoffs and Baker's the man. Does he give Tampa an opportunity or or is he like out?
Speaker 1: Is it like now I'm going somewhere else.
Speaker 2: There are some people saying that Pittsburgh, once Aaron Rodgers has gone, could be a nice landing spot for a guy like Baker. You know, I think I saw that speculate that. I mean, it's going to be speculating. I think he's going to speculate it. He'll weigh his options now. But that's the risk they took, right, But you stay when you stay. Is there any circumstance where I don't think he's not going to stay because of it? But if someone's presenting a better option now, he factors in, well, they didn't want me last year. I mean, so I think I think it plays a factor. And we do have one more story in the QB Trifecta. It involves Tom Brady. It's ridiculous. But before we get to that, let's go to the phones. Who we got Danny all right, let's start with Tony in Virginia. He wants to talk about a movie you mentioned.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, I was rolling out of my local pharmacy shop getting Titan condoms and I heard you wanted to talk about Amazon Women on the Moon.
Speaker 1: Great movie, speaking of underrated, right, they're the best, dude.
Speaker 2: It's like the dumbest movie. It's like, but it's really fun. If you had HBO when you were a kid and you stayed up late just to watch some rat at ar boobies. It was like a bunch of little mini movies within one movie. And yeah, there was all these different references and cim, youno, show me this one this one clip, it's our cineo And someone keeps calling him asking for Thelma.
Speaker 1: There is no very yes, so stupid, thank you. But then I believe a bookshelf falls on him. Yes, yes, yes, yes, dumb. Who else we got, Danny?
Speaker 3: Let's talk to Trip in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Hey, Trip, what's up? Man?
Speaker 5: Hey guys, always good to speak with y'all. Before I get on the quarterback, I want to tell you all the funny story real quick. So I had dinner with our boy West in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. Nice and we sat there for a good five minutes and try to see you get the best the best imitation of d We were so entertainingment that.
Speaker 1: And dairy Queen melted before he got to eat it. He was all like.
Speaker 3: My mind's intact. Man, I had the freezer raider freezer.
Speaker 2: He melted, you know, before we get to the Tom Brady triffactor. Let's hold, let's put that part on hold. I have another question for dB as we go to his uptakes. We didn't I just as my mouth is full of dairy queen as you're you're a Seahawks guy. Everyone's really high on the rams.
Speaker 3: Rich. You didn't let Trip give his quarterback take?
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sorry, Let's do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really quick and we can finish. Yeah, Trip up? He clicked said screw you, Rich.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: I really the more I'm thinking about it, Shanahan's offense, brock Purty, familiarity, the system successful there this deebo one year, seven.
Speaker 1: Million dollar deal.
Speaker 2: I feel like I must be the greatest homer of all time thinking that this is awesome for the Niners.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you are being a homer, don't. I don't think that there is.
Speaker 1: Any you think that that should be sailed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, the only thing that I would say positively is Debo probably has more value to the forty nine ers than he would to any of the other thirty one teams. They know him, they know what he can do, they know how to use him in their system. So for that aspect, if you're looking for a replacement, there would be no one better. However, to think that it's going to change the fortunes of this team. By the way, the offseason hasn't been great, and I never think that those things carry into the to the season. I just think that if you think it's going to be a huge boost, then you're missing the mark.
Speaker 2: I do want to remind Niner fans like myself that Deebo's final years a Niner was not great.
Speaker 1: He was not that that productive.
Speaker 2: Debos year last year with Washington was better than his previous year with the Niners, I know, but he subtle went under the raidar. Nothing nothing spectacular, right, well because they stunk how many how many yards? Uh seven twenty seven and it wasn't that good. But the year before he had six something I know. But before that the debo that was right, he was you know, he was a most nine hundred. Yeah, but he was the nine hundred but he wore Yeah, but he was I know, he was debo. But it wasn't as bad as you thought. It's just that it went under the radar with do you see the ais You see the ais of debo like totally out of shape like hanging with the Niners and it's like.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, bag like. But those are the ais of Romo dancing.
Speaker 3: Internet.
Speaker 1: It's a wild place. But I think it's better, better than I.
Speaker 6: Don't know, better than Christian Kirk. I don't know, what do you think? I think exactly what I said. I think that the forty nine ers are the ones who can get the most out of debo. I just don't know how much of debo there is debos.
Speaker 2: Last year with the nine twenty twenty four, he had three touchdowns.
Speaker 1: He had five last year, so it was kind of an improvement.
Speaker 2: We'll see what. Well, it's not a difference maker. I do agree with Dan. Well, let's go to dB for an update. What's going on, Dan Bider.
Speaker 6: It is funny because the Madden ratings get a lot of conversation, and looking at one here they did the top ten teams overall, they have the forty nine or seventh at eighty five overall, tied with the Bills. The Seahawks are tenth at eighty four, actually tied for ninth with the Chiefs at eighty four, which tells me that Madden has no idea what they're talking about. And it's not meant to be disrespectful to your forty nine ers. Ye, last time they played was forty one to six, you know, like I mean. So anyway, well, let's see this forty ninety. Let's see if hell is you know, on their side this year. The Patriots are higher than the Seahawks are on this. And I'm sure they're saying all the addition of aj Brown, of the subtraction of Kenneth Walker, that's the reason why. But we'll see. I think it'll be tough for the Seahawks to repeat. But I don't think that they're the ninth or tenth best team in the NFL. I think they're a little bit higher than that. What do you think about the Yankees in Major League Baseball? Steve Camino, what do you have them ranked right now?
Speaker 1: Behind Tampa Bay?
Speaker 3: One? Oh too? Rosaria drives line deep.
Speaker 2: To left center fit look it up, Pete Cronch, talk get back.
Speaker 6: I'm ed Rosario with a home run, his tenth of the season, and the Yankees have a one nothing lead here in the four Spencer Jones would a had a solo shot later on. They meet the Cubs today two nothing, so maybe a little bit higher on your list than the Yankees Radio network because we have to give equal time to Rich his mets. Freddie Peralta scratched from his start tonight in advance of the trade deadline coming up on Monday. He will not pitch tonight against the Marlins. Tigers did the same with pitcher Casey Mize. Victor Webbin Yama extended his contract with Nike, which will include an upcoming signature shoe. The Packers activated Tenan Tucker Kraft off the pup list Rocket Classic. On the PGA Tour, Cam Young shoots sixty one today, shares the lead with Patrick Cantley, Ricky followers one shot back at nine unders, Anders Shoftley two back in a group at a under.
Speaker 3: Guys back to.
Speaker 1: You, Thankstan.
Speaker 2: I hate to be that guy, but I saw Wemby's new logo and it just looked like a V for Vendetta or something.
Speaker 1: It looked like a go tea and a mustache. To me, I just it.
Speaker 3: Looks like a sting ray and a whale's tail.
Speaker 2: No, you know what, Your eyes adjust and they get used to it. We already made that point this week. Everybody hates new logos or changes or anything like that. But you know, one day I'll look at that and I'll I'll associate that with Wemby.
Speaker 1: Right now, I'm like, what's that.
Speaker 2: There's never been a logo or uniform change for the most part, I would say ninety nine percent of the time, any new logo or uniform gets hate on.
Speaker 1: Did you see it? I got his show wah Okay, Yeah, it's all over the place, but.
Speaker 3: Kind of acts like outline of like a mouth and a nose.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean. It looks like a go tee. Well he does have look little looks like look doesn't look like a beard v for Vender.
Speaker 4: If you lost a bet and you had to get one of two tattoos. Mike Tyson's logo it's from his fate, not on your face. But that design or that new Wemby logo? Which one right now? I recognize the Tyson one. I'd go with the Tyson Well, yeah, I'd go with the Tyson one.
Speaker 3: Wemby's looks like two bottom bikini sizes. One is large, one.
Speaker 1: Is small, Like if one has bulge and one doesn't.
Speaker 6: I understand, Like, yeah, we're supposed to see the eyes, but they look like bikini bottoms to me.
Speaker 2: You you know what I mean? Like, I know, one day we'll get used to it. Right, that's supposedly like an alien.
Speaker 3: Yes, the eyes the droops are the eyes of the alien. Yes.
Speaker 6: And that top part is supposed to be like the brawl, you know, the nose.
Speaker 3: I feel like that could have been done a little bit better. Okay, now now I'm seeing it differently. Actually, I like it. I can see it. I think it's men's and women's bikini bottoms.
Speaker 1: Now I'm just thinking it's you're in Europe at a beach.
Speaker 3: It's like how the RAMS logo looks like one of Riches big toast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seriously, Yeah, it proves our theory earlier this week though we hate anything new, but you know, ask us a year from now. I'm like, yeah, that's the logo whatever. All right, So we got more covenoch and prizes to giveaway. We got Brainwave we do it every Friday. But we got to give you our last thought of the QB trifecta and it involves Tom Brady and we do it next. I love doppelgangers.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: We're just talking about how Ernie Clement looks so much like Aaron boone A was saying, I'm watching David Ross and I'm like, he looks like Don Maddingly. He does have Don manningly face, chin and nose.
Speaker 1: It's why certain features. Yeah, yeah, and of.
Speaker 2: Course we're the t move version of Zach and Slater, Covino and Rich and Danny g is here with Iowa, Sam and dB. Now before we get into brainwave and all the other fun stuff we said as a quarterback trifecta on this Friday, I remember we're lying from Fox Sports Radio. Don't miss our seeing our best of the week Tomorrow drops tomorrow morning. Every Saturday morning, our best of the week on Apple podcast or wherever you stream at six am Eastern, just search covinor and.
Speaker 3: Rich seven minutes long.
Speaker 2: We actually had a fun week, guys, thanks for being part of it. But the last one has to do with Tom Brady. So we talked about Tony Romo and what the drama? What is the future at CBS.
Speaker 1: We don't know.
Speaker 2: Baker Mayfield would he stay with Tampa after they said, you know, we're not talking about the deal now? Playing with a chip on his shoulder? Is that the best Baker Mayfield? But the third quarterback story is Tom Brady, and it's simple.
Speaker 1: I hate more than anything.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: One of my biggest pet peeves is when women in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Talk about their X.
Speaker 2: I don't know why it bothers me because it's simply like, there's all things that are weird turn offs to all of us, but women love to harp on IX right, like, well, they're.
Speaker 1: They're dumping nice guys because he jumped.
Speaker 3: Over a puddle.
Speaker 4: You guys both watched The Ultimatum, right, yeah, the latest season. How many of the girls and guys on there it talked about being vulnerable?
Speaker 3: Thank you for being He won't be vulnerable. That's why we can't get married. Vulnerable. That's the other one in twenty twenty sex.
Speaker 1: I feel like IX and vulnerability, but no like X.
Speaker 2: To me, nothing bothers me more than a woman disqualifying a good guy because it's like he.
Speaker 1: Was bowling and he uh put up his leg or some like.
Speaker 2: You know, but there's something Tom Brady did that I think is something a grown man should never do.
Speaker 1: And I'm I'm never that guy. That's like men shouldn't blank.
Speaker 2: Are you saying Tom Brady gave you the ick tom Brady for as cool as he is. Here's a guy that I admire so much. I talk way too much about Tom Brady. We always talk about how post football, the guy's even cooler.
Speaker 1: Who's better than Tom Brady? He jumped in a lake or an ocean.
Speaker 2: He's on a boat a week in Alaska with my three best friends. It was a post he put out the trip of a lifetime. And I'm not debaiting that he went to Alaska with his kids and had some beautiful pictures.
Speaker 1: But the reason we waited.
Speaker 2: Till Friday to talk about this one is because I didn't realize at first what was going on in this photo. First, I'm like, oh, look at him jumping, jumping in this beautiful body of water.
Speaker 1: Wait wait a minute, it's Tom Brady holding his nose. Yes, he is, and I didn't see it right away.
Speaker 2: We would have talked about this on Wednesday had I ssday, had I noticed that he didn't see this till Saturday. Seriously, what is that? He's a hall of fame, He's the goat. He has to hold his nose when jumping into a lake. I will, I will, this is this is a hill, I'll die on a grown man or a woman.
Speaker 1: No one should hold their nose. My kids are six and nine and I've already been like, no, no, we don't hold their nose. Star family doesn't hold noses.
Speaker 2: I remember in the eighties there was a time where you ever had that friend. That's the real reason Giselle got Yeah. Jiselle was like debating what should I do when all of sudden she saw him hold his nose. That was the final straw.
Speaker 3: What's worst that? Or Covino on the stand up paddle board?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, do you remember that? I was the weakest. But but Danny, I do think there's something very by.
Speaker 2: The way I fell in front of my girlfriend off the multiple times off. Yeah, she said, I gave her the dick. Yeah, ruined, like ruined any steamy time.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that Tom Brady holding his nose, though I don't know how. I don't know how you do it.
Speaker 2: Like I was saying in the nineties, do you remember there was a time period where there are certain kids that would shomping like the community pool with like nose plug, like the nose clip.
Speaker 1: Like I'm here, I'm here to do some swimming. I don't know, dB, Please tell me.
Speaker 3: You not a nosehold hundred holder have been since day one.
Speaker 6: You guys sound like idiots, sound like elitist jerks right now, no.
Speaker 1: Doubt you nose plugs for Christmas.
Speaker 6: I don't use a nose plug. I plug my nose. Steve did it straight. I don't need those plugs. I just put my hand there.
Speaker 1: But he does the old rad Ramino. Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 1: To me, then don't jump in the pool walking. If you have to hold your nose walk into the pool. It's really funny.
Speaker 2: But I think you know anyone that follows Tom Brady or you just follow anything on social media, this picture was virals Tom Brady, I did not notice. You probably didn't notice that he's holding his nose when when doing his cannon ball, when he's jumping into the Alaskan Ocean.
Speaker 1: Do people that hold the nose just think water is gonna go up it? I mean it does sometimes get it up. Pick in your sinuses.
Speaker 3: It's not a good feeling. Gabriel Moreno.
Speaker 4: On our YouTube page, he says, my wife is a nose holder, and she tried to teach it to my son.
Speaker 3: It almost ruined our marriage. I'm one hundred percent with CNR.
Speaker 2: He has the lame look for like an NFL superstar, right, I mean, I'm not gonna judge any regular fella. He's just being a little vulnerable, But it's also his main pick. You're right, maybe it is the vulnerability that the women claim they want. David, did you have a bad experience where like just water went up your nose and you're.
Speaker 6: Like, no, every time it does. I don't know how people do it. I have no idea on how it doesn't go up your nose.
Speaker 2: Maybe everyone that holds their nose just maybe maybe you don't have the ability to sort of close it off or something. Maybe you subconsciously breathe out your nose in that moment of impact.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: But what's even funnier about it is there's a whole carousel of beautiful pictures from his trip to Alaska with his family, and that's the one he chose as the main one.
Speaker 1: All right, we got brainwave next. Cavino and Rich