Speaker 1: Kabbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old republic, a sol fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow, it's a clearinghouse of hot takes. Break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now in the air everywhere.
Speaker 1: We fix it up by Popular Man, the very popular listener driven Sunday edition of The Fifth Hour. Happy tenth day of December. It is week fourteen of the NFL. We had that little appetizer, which wasn't much of an appetizer. The game wasn't actually that bad, the Patriots and the Steelers. But now we can all pipe down because we got full action all day long today into the night. And and I I Danny, unlike most, I mean going to a lot of NFL games this year, you know, hanging out, media, free loading and all that. But that poppycock ends today, at least for now, as I am in recovery mode and I'm right now riding a vapor trail. Danny, it's not trying to make it through this edition of The Fifth Hour with you and me, and we had.
Speaker 3: To get for drinking all that Kirkland brand alcohol last night at your party.
Speaker 1: Do what you gotta do, Danny, Yeah, you gotta drown the sorrows away. But here we are here, we are back at it again with it. We got the mail bag. And since we were supposed to get to this earlier on the weekend and whatever, we don't get too early in the weekend. We just jump right into it. So I'm not gonna do small talk and dilly dally and all that stuff. We're just getting right into it. And that means pop goes the culture. We're gonna go a few of these stories because there's some good ones. And our guy ohio Aal strike up the band Tojohnjohn, Well, I've never been to Venice. You ever been to Venice, like the real Venice, not Venice in La I've been to that Venice. I'm talking like the real, authentic Venice where they have those Gonda gondola boats, you know those things.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've only been on a gondola in Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've not been on those in Vegas, but I have seen those Invegas. So anyway, the real, the real McCoy in Venice, one of them capsized filled with taurus. Now why did it capsize? Danny want to take a guess.
Speaker 3: A shark bit the bottom of the boat.
Speaker 1: Completely reasonable, Completely reasonable. A lot of shark attacks in Venice or or the out of towners refused to sit down when instructed by the gondola captain and would not stop taking selfies, and they reached a tipping point where they fell into the Now I've heard the water. I've never been there, but I've heard the water and I've seen stories. The water is not the cleanest water. It's pretty filthy. Flint Michigan comes to mind. You know, I'm just not particularly particularly great there. And uh yeah. So then the problem is if you're taking all the selfish I assume if you fall into the water, you then have to get a new phone, which is a thousand bucks to get a new phone. By the time you get through everything right and all the charges and all that stuff. Okay, whatever whatever works for you.
Speaker 3: Would you rather fall in that water or the Hudson?
Speaker 1: Oh man, that's I'd have to read more about the water and invests the water on the Hudson is disgusting. It's just but not the ugliest water. The ugliest water I've ever seen is in Lake Superior in northern Minnesota, because that water is it's brown.
Speaker 3: But that's just because of the dirt, right, well, it's.
Speaker 1: Not the dirt is some other term for it.
Speaker 3: I forget, but yeah, I remember you talking about this.
Speaker 1: The sediment of the water. It's the way it's supposed to be. It's like a coffee color, but it looks like shit and it's like shitty water, like you know, you had diarrhea, and the whole lake it's like the biggest great lake and it looks like it's just diarrhea water in the lake. Diarrhea exactly exactly. And somebody, can you convince Eddie Garcia that Ben Bishop did have the runs in that Stanley Cup final? He does not believe me.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, he definitely had diarrhea exactly.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. How about shut up? We have other oddities in pop Goo's the culture. Well here's here's a story. It warms your heart so a woman. I don't know if this came up on Covino and Rich this week, maybe it did, maybe he didn't. So this woman assaulted a fast food worker at Chipotlet, right she she kind of roughed up this employee and so she got her sentence. And this happened in Ohio. You want to take a guess what the punishment was for the person that roughed up the employee at the Chipotle.
Speaker 3: The judge made her chop up chicken at Chipotle for twelve months.
Speaker 1: Well, you're actually not far off. The woman who could not keep her hands to herself and assaulted the Chipotle worker has been sentenced. Her time is to work a fast food job for two months. What I mean, that's too much. He's thirty nine, thirty nine years old.
Speaker 3: Does she get to choose the fast food place?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. I'm reading the story here and in Parma, Ohio, which I'm probably mispronouncing. But at first she was going to go. She had to pay a fine and serve one hundred and eighty days in jail with ninety days suspend. But then the judge had another idea. He said, you didn't get your burrito bowl the way you like it, and this is how you respond. The judge said, this is not real housewives of Parma. This behavior is not acceptable, and so the judge said, he said, listen, you can cut off sixty days in jail if you agree to work at least twenty hours per week at a fast food restaurant for two months. The woman accepted, Oh took, She took.
Speaker 3: But if I was a judge, I'd be like, but it has to be at the hot dog on a stick inside our mall. Yeah, she yi put on that uniform.
Speaker 1: Man. She told The Washington Post that she was stepping in to protect a seventeen year old employee who was getting yelled at by this woman. This Emily Russell told the court she was traumatized. The food was hot and burned her face. She said, go fund me campaign in your face. I have a couple of questions, Danny, does this woman get paid while she's working or is this unpaid employment? And would you eat at a fast food restaurant this woman was making your food at because I would think that she might not. She knows it's only a two month job.
Speaker 3: On a court order. Though maybe she's being careful on.
Speaker 1: Her best behavior. I'd have a camera on her at all times, though, because she might slip something else in there she might slip a Mickey in in your tostata and you don't need that. What else do we have on Popco's The Culture Let's see here all Nick Cannon? This kind of relates to this past week going to Disney on a random night. Nick Cannon took a bunch of shit online this week. He revealed he has so many kids that in order to go to Disney with his twelve kids, it cost him two hundred thousand dollars a year just to take the kids to Disney.
Speaker 3: Oh sah, dad goals.
Speaker 1: Two hundred thousand. Doesn't he get a deal because he's a celebrity. I thought Disney looks the other way for celebrities. I thought they'd give you the VIP treatment.
Speaker 3: Yeh, Disney doesn't do a lot of the VIP stuff. They don't do the media stuff anymore either. They used to let media members like us go into the park once or twice a year with our families. They stopped doing that like a decade ago. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and when Disney started, like Walt Disney, wasn't the whole idea affordable family fund? Wasn't that the whole concept of Disney?
Speaker 3: That was his mantra.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and what happens, you know, it's like any I remember in school, I had a professor, not that I paid very much attention in school, but he was explaining to me how like things start out perfect and then over time it slowly gets worse and worse and worse. It's kind of like America started. Now. I love America, very patriotic, wrap myself in the flag. But America started with because there were too many laws and too much tax in Europe. Right, that's basically the origin story of how America started. So they just came and they said, well, let's just take you know, Native Americans land, and they did and they formed Formed America. So that started where they didn't want a lot of taxation, they didn't want a lot of rules and regulations. So fast forward a couple hundred years. How are things looking now, Danny? How are how are things.
Speaker 3: Those same forefathers they'd be looking for a new piece of land right now, it's.
Speaker 1: Just it's outseading and it's just people. You know, slowly, it's the boiling frog. You don't even notice. You start adding more and more stuff and before you know it, like you know, Disney it's like, well, we'll raise the prices a little bit. Then some of the original Disney people went away, and then so then they went they hired new people, and the new people want to make their you know, they want to make the stock market happy, so they have to raise prices, and they have to you know, cut the cost of paying the employees. And it's just a shit show.
Speaker 3: Just recently, you and I did that inflation calculator. Remember, oh yes, right, yeah, that's a fun bit. Yeah. The cost walking into Disneyland should be eleven dollars and fifty cents per person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's one hundred and fifty to two hundred dollars or something like that.
Speaker 3: Oh, two hundred and twenty five dollars to fifty on certain days, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Two fifty to wait in line for an hour.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now, it depends on if you have one day or the park copper two days. All that plays into it. But the bottom line is you are paying hundreds and hundreds of dollars when it should be ten dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly. But what are you complained?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, you're gonna pay it because if you want to experience the park, then you got to part ways with that money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, for sure, New Jersey Police. The only reason I'm bringing this up is because the name of the pig they chased down, a pig named Albert Einswine is the name of the pig that was rather random. Are you familiar with the actor named Emily Hirsh Are you familiar with that person? And you know, yeah, she made some big, big productions there in Hollywood. She claims this is actually kind of funny. She claims that Quentin Tarantino offered offered him. I say, bad job by me.
Speaker 3: He was in that movie where he wandered around the country. Yeah, see that one.
Speaker 1: I did not, but he So Quentin Tarantino offered this guy a Hollywood role on Facebook. The guy hersh thought he was being catfished. He thought it was a prank, so he didn't didn't respond. So let's get to the mailbag. What do you say, Dan, is it time for the mailbag?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's.
Speaker 1: This mail bag. Thank you, ohio al. These are actual letters sent in by actual listeners to the show. The first one says, uh, hey Ben and Danny G or Daddy G. This is Vahid. I believe I'm not saying that right. He's a cab driver. He's sent messages before now in a while, though he's been away for a long time. A cab driver from New Orleans, he says, longtime listener, legend, since the legend was alive. Genie and Medford, he says, and he then misspelled Genie's name, But I knew what you meant. You spelled Medford, right, So that's important, he says. I am still an active listener. But that must be interesting to drive a cab around New Orleans with all the drunks that are there, and the famous people that come through New Orleans, the mixing of the rich and the poor, the you know, it's just it's gotta be wild. This guy must have some amazing stories being a cab driver in New Orleans and also having to compete with the uber and all that. Right, that that world changed a ton a ton anyway, says question for you, my friend's favorite comedian, and he's got toss up question from hid the cab driver, he says, Jeff Dunham or Gabrielle Iglesias, that fluffy guy. Yeah, so this is this is kind of tall. I'm not I'm not a huge Dunham fan. He's okay. I kind of I'm leaning towards the fat guy. Is that a bad take or the proper comedic tape? Yeah, he's pretty he's pretty good. I've seen some of his stuff. Most of the comedians I like are kind of like dead at this point, but there's some some good guys still around. But of those two, I would go with Fluffy and what about you, Danny.
Speaker 3: I would go with Steven Wright.
Speaker 1: I would go with Ed Well, George Carlin.
Speaker 3: Richard spill Burr, Dave Chappelle.
Speaker 1: Sure, who's the who's that other guy? Of the comedian he got canceled though he was an actor, very funny, stand up comedian, did a lot of TV shows. Remember he was he was massaging the sausage of all the clues where you got that boom right or white right there mentioned sausage. You're good to go. My right hand was getting a workout. That's outstanding. That made me smile. That's great, all right, Craigster writes in Distress. Seattle fan Seahawks Fanny says, Ben, I've been listening to you since that time you filled into filled in for JT. The Brick when he was doing the Overnight Show. I suffered from CRS can't remember shit syndrome, so I don't remember when that was. Please enlighten me. That could have been at any point. JT worked at the network for a lot. She I was filling in for people. Before JT did the Overnight show, we had who do we have? Originally we had a couple of different overnight hosts. We had Silio Dan Silio who was an overnight host at one point, and there was a guy that went on. He was a former forty nine er player, Ryan Tim Ryan, I think did the Overnight show briefly or a night show.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 1: What's the guy he's he's like an ESPN sideline reporter. Now I forget his name. It's trying to think, but he did the Overnight that. There's a bunch of people. But it's a long time, probably been well since this iteration of the Overnight Show. I'm hitting. I think I'm in my tenth or eleventh year now, so it was before that probably I don't know, maybe fifteen years ago, probably longer.
Speaker 3: Praikster, So yeah, I was going to say probably about twenty years ago. I remember my older brother. He was doing graveyard in northern California for Jelly Belly, and not only would he get to bring home awesome samples and stuff that the company would give him, but he would always tell me what JT the Brick was talking about, because as he drove in to his graveyard shift, he would listen to JT. And then at the factory where they made these jelly bellies, they would have JT on on the speakers.
Speaker 1: How about home off, Yeah, yeah, for sure, Jem he's still doing. He does the local stuff in Vegas. He's got the overnight, the overnight stuff and h or not overnight. He does like serious x M. He's got some of that stuff going on.
Speaker 3: At the beginning of the Raiders season, I saw him on a panel kissing McDaniels.
Speaker 1: Oh I heard about. Somebody sent me an email that. Even right up until the day McDaniels was fired, JT was advocating for Josh McDaniels, but just to I mean, he works for the team, so it's you know, it's this is one of the problems, right, I mean, you work for the team, it becomes a problem. You become a shill for the team. It's it's an issue. That's one of the problem. When I people this is really funny. But when I did Dodger Talk, and this is a long time ago before social media. I mean, it's a long time and people think of me as Dodger honk, that I'm just a Dodger. I've got my knee pads with the Dodger logo on it. But when I did Dodger Talk and the team didn't play well, and in that time when I did it, this is an era. They had all these high priced players. Kevin Brown was on that team, Gary Sheffield. They had all they spent a lot of money, and the team's team was like middling. They were middling team. They were underachieving. And I was not the most compassionate person because.
Speaker 3: Dodgers fans faxed in their complaints to the radio station pretty much.
Speaker 1: Oh hell, Bill Miller, and so I took some flak because I was like, well, it seems underachieving and they're not playing well.
Speaker 3: And then I remember hearing you being a dick on AM five seventy. Yeah, after certain games were over, I thought it was funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they the Dodger people did not find the humor in it. For some reason. I don't know why. Maybe they lost their funny bone. Oh as George Sadana is who I how don't I can forget Sadanna?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yeah shoo. I believe he's on one of the other stations in southern California.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't know, are there any other stations in southern California.
Speaker 3: I yeah, he's a couple, but they're not as listened to as AM five seventy the blowtorch.
Speaker 1: Right, the mighty AM five seventy. What is next year? On the mailbag? We have Mike in Fullerton. He says, happy Honikah, Ben and Dangey, Well, thank you, I appreciate that. When is this? We started Honkkah on Thursday, so we went through Friday, Saturday. Today, today is the fourth night of the Festival.
Speaker 3: Of Lights, the fourth night of Honic. Time to hear the clip of Smokey Robinson saying what's chanooka?
Speaker 1: Yes? Happy? That was outstanding? Yes, that was that was a ten ten out of ten U Ben, Yeah, anyway, Mike says, I didn't really get an answer last time. Is Benny versus the penny going to the standard of the playoffs or is it a regular season only show. Well, you'll be happy to know, Mike that NBC has picked up Benny Versus the Penny all the way through the Super Bowl, all the way through the Super Bowl. I think there's one all off week, which is obvious because there's a there's a bo there's a week where there's no football, so we're obviously not doing a show that week.
Speaker 3: You're not going to pick the flag football game?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we're the the Pro Bowl games were don't avoid that. But but other than that, we will have Wildcard Benny Versus the Penny, Divisional Round Benny Versus the Penny, Championship, Sunday Benny Versus the Penny, and then Super Bowl edition.
Speaker 3: Any versus super Bowl where you will you wear a bow tie for the Super Bowl Edition?
Speaker 1: Well, as you know I have. It's like like the military. When you do a TV show, a syndicated TV show on regional sports cable television, you have to have a uniform. You have to have it. So I have my my wardrobe picked out by the people over at NBC and I've won the same thing every week, so there will be no bow tie. But if I do win, I would like to wear a crown. I would like to wear a crown on the on the final episode. He says, Also, do you have any nuggets you can share about this week's episode? Well, that's on the Friday show, Mike, that's on the show. You can hear that. I get a couple of good lines on the show. And if I haven't watched yet, still on today, few viewings on Sunday the Big Ones in New York in Manhattan on s n Y the Mets Channel, but a good time. I don't I don't think I've slipped a ferdog mentioned in there. Maybe I'll have to get that in there one of these weeks. I know Marcel and Brooklyn's demanding a a.
Speaker 3: Reference because he's good. These guys need to get in line. I'm still waiting for mine.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I gotta I gotta work you into the mix as well. But the Raiders Vikings game was not a featured game this weekend of the show. It was not we need the Raiders to be featured to really slide Danny g in to the show. Anyways, says I wanted to know who the guy was who spent a whole podcast just advertising the show. I doubt you've heard of him. His name is Bill Miller. A real piece of work. Bill, Yeah, Bill Miller, terrible person, horrible host, god awful Alf from the ideas Department. Now, Alf has been providing me with tips on cookie making because Alf's cool. He's a young, hip guy and he's on TikTok and so he's been helped me out. And I actually tried a couple of these hacks when I made my new cookie creation this weekend. We'll have more on that next week. But he says, Ben and Danny g what are He says, Yeah, you're what we call in the business hot. Right now, now that bright lights of Hollywood are shining upon you, the bright lights of Hollywood, and you are branching into all forms of entertainment, I would like to pitch you a totally innovative idea the likes that no one has ever come up with. As I am positive that your food vlog will be wildly successful, how can it not. Here's an idea blow hards in buses exchanging recipes. Just think, Ben, you and Roberto can pick up andp off the future of America and then you can pull into the Costco or Walmart parking lot and exchange his Mexican andre recipes for your dessert recipes or some other food knockoff recipe. Then the two of you could bust out a gas grill or griddle and cook up some fantastic East. Not only would it be a home run on the TikTok Alf points out, but you would could also you could also use some of the audio as guest segments. When Iowa Sam is away, so Alf the ideas Guy and I am play.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do.
Speaker 1: That that food vlog. We'll see how that goes. I'm gonna get that started.
Speaker 3: I thought you fired Iowa samh well for some reason.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes you're you're fired and you don't leave, you know, sometimes you just stick around.
Speaker 3: You fired.
Speaker 1: Sometimes sometimes that happens. Bury from South Carolin all right and says yo yo ma Benny. As we do the mail bag and we do it good. He says, who do you think would win a verbal octagon between Jed who fled and Marked the full name Guy. I know, I know Mark the full name Guy quit the show, but he will be back. Now, why do you assume Barry that Mark will be back? Because every other time he's quit the show. He's come back. Maybe this time will be different, but usually what happens is Mark. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: Mark was on Covino and Rich Oh yeah, Oh that's great. They were talking about jerseys and he called up and he shared that his very first jersey that he ever bought was Mark Gastino.
Speaker 1: Oh that's funny. So Mark got into a fight with me. For those that missed, I explained this on the radio show. But Mark got into a fight with me about Geno Smith and it got a little heated. There were some mean things exchanged. I much like the Seattle Seahawks safety when they go low, I go lower. When you get into a dust up with me, I'm like, you know, mister Lewis there? I think his name of it was right? The safety I'm picking up? Is it Jamal Lewis? Is that what I'm thinking of? I don't know, maybe not. It's early, but anyway, so me and Mark got into it. Mark sent me this email and he sent me his entire life's resume, pointing out that he had accomplished more than me and I was just a loser and how dare you?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: And Mark, it's just a sports radio battle. Everything's okay. I'm never listening to you again. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. But to answer your question, if it was a physical confrontation, my vote would go to Mark the full name guy, because he's a he's a big burly guy from New York, but he's an older guy's bodies at You know, you're starting to fall apart from what I understand. But if it's just a verbal sparring match, as you said, verbal octagon, Barry Jed who fled? Jed who fled? In that thirty seconds will provide ten minutes of content.
Speaker 3: Were you talking about Jamal Adams? By the way, Oh?
Speaker 1: Is it Jamal Adams? Yeah? Jamal Adams, I said Jamal Lewis. That's a different guy. Isn't that a running back? An old running back?
Speaker 3: I think that is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jamal Adams who was with the Jets and then he got in everybody. He goofs on the sports writer h his wife and not only Fred in Spring Texas. Right, since says greetings, gentlemen, do either of you have any Christmas slash holiday customs or traditions? You have continued into adulshood, Well, isn't that the way it works, Danny, Like the stuff we learned as kids, we just kind of keep doing, isn't That's kind of what happens with me. I assume that happens with everybody, right, Just kind of certain things that are nostalgic that bring you back to your childhood. You want to do, I'm sure with Coha, right, you want to do certain things that you remember fondly as a kid. Maybe going to grocery outlet and dropping kans of soup on the floor to save a couple of.
Speaker 3: Bucksh my mom didn't do Christmas, so oh okay, then no, yeah, no, no for me.
Speaker 1: But we're going down to the super kitchen.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Kids.
Speaker 3: I did my adult life obviously. I've had girlfriends who love Christmas and do the whole winter wonderland thing. And my girl right now is no different. She put up that tree I talked about last weekend with a remote control, and she's big on stockings. So CoA has this big stitch stocking that's up hanging on the tree actually right now. And it's huge. You could actually fit the toy dump truck into his stocking. That's that right, Yeah, it's huge. And I told you, why don't you just get him a big Santa Claus bag while you're at it.
Speaker 1: Just put him in the bag. What's in the bag. It's the kid. The kid's in the bag. It's a baby in the bag. Marina chef in Omaha rights and he says, have you ever come close to hitting a pedestrian on a crosswalk? I have a time or two. No, not hit one came close, That is from the Marina chep. Yes. In fact, I've had a couple of incidents in my years driving that what I will not get into now because I don't think these statute of limitations is worn't out on that. But the famous one I was in San Jose. I was in college. We were doing a junior college state basketball championship tournament. I was working for the college radio station and we had brought all this at the time very expensive radio equipment, which you can now buy an eBay for about twenty bucks, but at the time it was very expensive. And we were in San Jose at San Jose State and the tournament. We couldn't find parking. I couldn't find parking, and then we found a spot was kind of far away, so then we had to carry the equipment up up to the to the to the arena, and we were walking. We walked several blocks. This was heavy equipment, old radio equipment. So then we got closed. We found a spot near the arena. So then we had this idea, well, let's just save the spot. I'll stand here, I'll put the radio equipment in the spot, and then well we'll be good and then and then anyway, it ended up there was a woman who wanted said parking spot, who got to the spot before my buddy who had the car that we drove from southern California, San Jose. And this woman really wanted the spot, and she started backing in to the spot. Now, mind you, all of our equipment is in the parking place, which was probably not the best idea, but that's what we did. And she starts backing up. So I, of course, Danny, I defending, not wanting to explain to my boss at the college radio station how I had all the equipment run over by a mid sized sedan and unable to broadcast the game. I then stood and the woman's backing in. She's yelling, this angry woman, she's screaming at me, get out of the way, get out of the way, and with profanity, and so I slapped the back of her car, yeah, which I guess is not the same as hitting someone across the road. But this woman called the cops on She called the cops on me for damaging her car, which was a big as. Fortunately we got a cop that was like, you know, come on, you know, there's no there's nothing, he just hit the car. There's no dent, there's no damage. So I mean, I was like, a what are we doing, Danny, Anything involving pedestrians, crosswalking, hitting anyone, maybe a parking lot.
Speaker 3: No. But I actually had something crazy happen on the fruit not crazy, it's kind of normal in southern California. But it hasn't happened to me in a while. I guess it's the holidays getting to people right now, Ben, because when I get to Woodland Hills, that's where I'm like, finally the bumper to bumper traffic is over. I can move through Calabasas now smoothly. But that exit for the mall there in Woodland Hills spills onto the one to one freeway. It's been a big mess going through there every single night, right now Ever, since we hit the beginning of December, I've noticed people driving like crazy people. On Friday evening, I leave the network and as I get onto the one oh one where it crosses with the four h five, somebody does that thing. Has this ever happened to you where somebody gets right behind you and they start flicking their lights on and off really fast? Oh yeah, asshole, move for a long But then this person was doing this for like it had to have been twenty seconds long. I've never had somebody do their lights to the back of my car like that for that long. And the crazy part was I didn't cut him off. I don't even know why this guy was doing this at first. I was so confused when he was first doing it. I thought maybe he was being courteous to let me know my lights were off, because I didn't do anything wrong. If this guy thought I was somebody else.
Speaker 1: Your lights were on though you were Yeah.
Speaker 3: Once I saw that my lights were on, and then he did it again a second time. How do you think I reacted?
Speaker 1: Bird?
Speaker 3: No, I made sure I followed him on the four oh five I could do my lights back on him.
Speaker 1: Oh no, yeah, you had a road rage.
Speaker 3: And maybe it was because ice Cube was playing on Sirius XM while I was driving bach. I ruined his night with my brights on the back of him. And then I circled back around and got on the one on one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, driving in LA, most of the time you can't drive fast at all because it's just a nightmare. There's too much traffic. But the times you can drive fast, it's like fast and the furious. Everyone thinks they're in the movie and they're they're a nasty car driver, you know, open wheel driver. It's it's ridiculous, stunt driver. It's nuts. And I mean, I see, I've seen so many fatalities. Driving home from the Overnight show in fect this week, I got delayed to go extra you know, a bunch of extra time get home. There was a a duy drunk as teenager with to his buddies in a Honda Honda. They drifted off to the side, hit a big rig truck that was parked on the side of the road. Boom, two kids dead, and and of course it takes forever for the corner to come pick up the remains, and the freeways the highways completely shut down. Then they opened up one lane, which is great and was able to get through, but then you have to look at the remains of the you know, the car with the people that died with the blankets.
Speaker 3: And that's why you have to be careful. I didn't crash the back of his car hard. I just bumped it gently.
Speaker 1: Okay, like you were in Autopia.
Speaker 3: The pills you learned when you were a kid doing bumper cars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Marcus from Bruceville, Eddie in Texas's I have a two part question. Oh, this is a sporty question for you and Danny. He says, I'm a Bucks fan. They are fighting for first place in the NFC South at five and six. That's right, Bucks play Atlanta today. If they make the playoffs, what do they what do they do? What is the best scenario? I think is what he's saying, to win a game? Or would you rather your team lose out for a better draft scenario or make the playoffs and get pummeled the in the first round? All right, So I want to answer this first. My answer is always I would what's rather be in the playoffs? I know it doesn't happen very often. Usually it's once in a generation where a shit team just finds some kind of higher power and plays out of body for a couple of weeks, not momentum. They just happen to play really well. It all comes together like it right now. If the playoffs started, Atlanta would play Dallas or Tampa Bay. If they get in, they would play Dallas in that four or five NFC matchup. So the formula, and I think you kind of know this, Marcus, you're a smart guy. The formula would be Dallas would be Dak Prescott getting food poisoning because he ate some bad eggs the morning of that playoff game and then went out and literally not only ran the vomit comet, he had die die diarrhea and then he couldn't play and then you'd win the game, you know, And maybe he shared those eggs with Michael Parsons and Michaeh also had a situation, right and then at the same time another key Cowboy player came over there and he happened to have you know, and that kind of thing can happen, or just Dak Prescott playing like Dak Prescott in the playf game. But Dak last year he showed he can play well in the playoffs against an inferior team, which was your Buccaneers, and if they play again, the same thing would happen.
Speaker 3: Because Tampa's not very good. And we've covered this on your live show a lot. So many teams waste their draft picks. Anyways, you're better off. Don't be negative. Just get to the dance. Don't just assume there's a bunch of blocker moores there at the party. There might be some fine heina who actually likes you. Get to the party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's not about the almighty all powerful first round pick. The Rams have the top young receiver in football right now who was a fifth round pick who no one had ever heard of, Puka Nakua. The guy's been a revelation. He wasn't a first round pick or a second round pick. They got him in the fifth round. They took a flyer on the guy, and the guy's been better than Cooper Cupp.
Speaker 3: Lebron has been tweeting about him.
Speaker 1: Oh me, yeah, yeah, I know. Lebron always tries to jump on all the bandwagons. Ohio Al sends an angry email. He's upset with me. I think, he says. I've sent multiple emails to your Gmail account over the past couple weeks with three updated Malor holiday songs y'r Overnight Show plus a brand new Honka song. I am perplexed that I've not heard any of them played on the podcast or the show which I listened to faithfully. Did you not get my emails? Or is Iowa Sam anti ohio Al? If my work is not appreciated anymore, I'm fine with that, but that's surprising since my song half Pint got run over by her. John Deere won the Benny Award last year for best Holiday Mallard Song, and my Talent Show entry this year was runner up, says Ohio. So yeah, I apologize, ohio Al. I've been bad about I'm getting a lot of email. I've been trying to trying to dig through it, and that's probably my fault. It's not Iowa Sam's fault, although he would probably ignore your music anyway. He's also upset because Iowa Sam plays mister PC's songs a lot. So yeah, Sam wasn't on the show, and you know, who knows what the future holds for Iowa Sam. No announcements yet. But the thing about the Io Sam thing, he's not really familiar with a lot of the music that we've had, and so he can plays some of it that he knows, but it seems like most of that's from mister PC. You are correct, But if you want, you can email Ben Mahler Show. Well, let me skiet the right address is it? Ben Mahler producer, Ben Mahler Show producer. Let me check here, Hold on a se because there one of them is important, the other one is not that important, and one of them will go.
Speaker 3: I think it's temporary Ben Mahler producer at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what it should be. Let me see you. I'm gonna type this in Ben Mahler. There's a lot of Ben Mahler's on there. Oh bet Yeah, it's just Ben Mahler, producer at gmail dot com. So, Ohio, If I'm a schmuck, If I'm a I'm a douche canoe and I don't get back to you quick enough because I'm digging through email and fighting with you know, different idiots that email me all the time, then just just send a message to Benmallard producer at gmail dot com. Now I have no access to that account. I have nothing to do with that account. That's justin. Justin Cooper checks that email from time to time, so check, you know, send that to him and you'll be you'll be good to go. Let's see here, guy writes in no name on this favorite hot sauce, and then he lists a bunch of Texas Pete's Louisiana, Tabasco, Frank's red hot Tapatillo. Uh some I've never heard of. I like, you know, on tacos. I like that tapatio that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Did he listla I.
Speaker 1: Do not see? Oh yeah he did listen. Yeah, yeah, that's on here too.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I like that one.
Speaker 1: That's your go to. Yeah, all right, I think that's it. We'll get out on that.
Speaker 3: Danny.
Speaker 1: It is Sunday. Anything you want to promote here on a beautiful, glorious Sunday, Week fourteen in the NFL. I know I'll be back tonight, back in the magic radio box as we yap all night long here with Marginal Overnight Sports Radio. Of course, Benny, this is the pending this morning. If you're listening early in the day here, what do you have going on?
Speaker 3: Danny? I'm dreaming of a dude with no eyebrows to throw three interceptions. Can Joshua Dobbs please have another terrible.
Speaker 1: Game please, which Dobbs will show up? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Of course, the Vikings get Justin Jefferson back just in time to play against the Raiders shocker. But I hope that Dobbs struggles again so that the Antonio Pierce sled Raiders can get back into the W column.
Speaker 1: I saw a stat that the Raiders the last twenty years have the worst record in the NFL after a bye, worst record in the NFL. Which that is what has happened. That doesn't guarantee it's going to happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was some bad coaches too, that is true. Hopefully this dude can prove that he's different.
Speaker 1: It is tough because you go into the game without a quarterback, but at least the Vikings don't have a quarterback either. I've got the Rams playing the Ravens today and that Looney worships Lamar Jackson. So I need the Rams to win so I can harass Looney on next week's TV show. Can Tom Looney? I need that to happen. But have a wonderful rest of your Sunday. Thank you for continuing to follow follow the fifth Hour podcast and the Ben Maler Show podcast and Danny's work with Covino and Rich all of the podcasts. We do need you to listen on the semi regular otherwise we won't get any credit. And so just you know, five ten minutes here, you know what, say, Monday, Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Friday, twenty minutes here, half hour there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three hour of.
Speaker 3: Our podcasts on one day on a Monday while you're driving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just take a four hour drive for no reason and just listen to podcasts. That's all you gotta do. So anyway, thank you for that and help us out and we will catch you next time.
Speaker 3: Later. Skater got a murder. I gotta go,