Speaker 1: Welcome everybody. It is the third regular season edition, Week three in the NFL, Week four in college football of Fade. This your favorite podcast that's about gambling for some of you, hopefully your favorite podcast ever. Matt Jones, Drew Franklin and Billy sitting In drew them a little under the weather. So if I sound froggy, don't hold it against me. But it won't stop the wonderfulness of our picks.
Speaker 2: No, the only sickness we have is picking games.
Speaker 1: Oh, and what a sickness it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been really bad at it, very ill. You've been bad at That's what I said.
Speaker 1: I've been really bad because I think in week one I was fourteen and six. Yeah, you've done well, and you were eight and twelve.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I did in week two, but I don't feel good, which tells me bad news is ahead.
Speaker 1: Well, I did not in real money, thanks to Washington Washington State. I made the biggest mistake that you can make in gambling, which is don't tie all your bets to one no matter how good you feel. And I was locked in on the Apple Cup. I was like, Washington's gonna be Washington State. And then they're gonna take that flag that they take the game day and they're gonna drape it over them as they walk off the field. And then they lost. And I hit almost all of my other bets, but that one caused me to lose nearly all of them.
Speaker 2: That was one of my big picks of the week. You know, Apple a day keeps the doctor what you're trying to do with the Apple come. It did not work for either of us because I had Washington minus six.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, I had them in teasers, parlay, beavers, I had them in everything, and I had them in the KSR parlay. That was my pick you everything, and they just completely pooped. LSU was about to do it, but I had them all money line. They ended up hanging on. So then I think, all right, we're getting it all back on Monday night, cause I've been waiting all day for Monday night, not even Sunday night. A song about them, I know, and I was excited and I couldn't wait. Here we go, It's Monday night, make money bet the Eagles money line, and it was Eagles money line i'd been giving. I had this special a boosty Boost, and it was basically even money on the Eagles just to win. All they had to do was win catch past and Saquon Barkley drops it and they end up losing the game. And I'm I'm still I'm salty, not gonna call that. You can let me be your salty dog, or I wouldn't be your gall at all. And I'm not gonna be sa One Barkley's gal because I'm upset.
Speaker 2: It really hurts bad. Losing the Monday night game too, last game of the weekend. Yes, a lot of times. I'm not saying I've done it, but I did. You know you kind of if you've had a big weekend, you bet more than you normally would because you're doing well or maybe you're chasing. So losing that Monday night game is always it hurts. You Gotta wait four or five days to to get back on on it.
Speaker 1: What we're gonna do right here, I'm angry. And if you're listening, Saquon Barkley, and I assume you are, he listens, you don't owe me anything like I don't know you.
Speaker 2: You might you catching that, but I'm just gonna.
Speaker 1: Tell you you should be ashamed. You should catch the pass. It's easy. Like here, let's let's test it out. I'm gonna throw this box of binder clips that.
Speaker 2: You Okay, look, I have my arms crossed. I'm not even gonna get in position. I'm gonna throw it like Jalen hurts through that to say one now on my face, just in case I'm too slow.
Speaker 1: It's a box and it's it's twelve binder clips.
Speaker 3: It's third down.
Speaker 1: It is third down. They are staples, binder clips or in foreign countries penses or reloses. Okay, what I went? We're international? Two minutes? You don't think I know how to pronounce our e ll I e U S e s?
Speaker 2: What international city is that billy language?
Speaker 1: Reluses?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm buying it.
Speaker 2: Here we go all right, I'm ready one handed.
Speaker 1: If I can throw the binders to Drew and he can catch it, why can't say que barclay? Are you saying I should be an eagle? It's I just I just committed signs.
Speaker 2: They should have won that game. We had, We had Kelsey dancing, we had big Dom going viral.
Speaker 1: Did you did you see that Kelsey apologize for being too pro eagle?
Speaker 2: I didn't see the apology, but I can.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 2: No, I get you know you don't want your just your regular analyst picking a side.
Speaker 1: He's an Eagle legend, and.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would want him to go full Philadelphia, which is what he did.
Speaker 1: I like him. He he is. He seems to have self awareness, which I like. I am a fan of his and I don't know why he shouldn't apologize. He should. I mean, I'm for apologizing when you did something wrong, but I don't think anything wrong. He's an Eagle, He's an Let him. Let him be an Eagle. That's right. He might be the biggest fan favorite Eagles early the last.
Speaker 2: He's like the mayor of that town.
Speaker 1: Is the most popular person to play center ever for any team. Find me a person who played first of all, name a famous center, Jeff Saturday.
Speaker 2: He's going to be very upset with you right now.
Speaker 1: Beautiful eyes, very beautiful eyes. I don't think he's as beloved as as Kelsey. Kelsey has a lot of a lot of erections like that, how do you know curriculars? Curiosity? I'm not disputing, but how would you know that little two tongue tags?
Speaker 2: But no, like something you know like he and the Philly Lineman did a Christmas musical, I mean the podcast everyone knows about. He has just so much on top of football. He's a brand.
Speaker 1: He's a brand. He's not Leasa side what I just said about him.
Speaker 2: He might have those two, but he just has so much going on in the city of Philly loves it.
Speaker 1: He's not a businessman. He's a business man, correct, right, So he's yeah, I know the rappers, But besides all of his erections, he's also good. He's also good at at at his announcing. Now, to me, what I have grown to love is the Mannings and Bill Belichick in the first half.
Speaker 2: I hate how much I love Peyton Manning and Eli Manning.
Speaker 1: I can't believe how much I love like Belichick on there because he is clear clearly in his give no blanks. He'll say anything. He's what announcers should do. He'll be like, that's stupid.
Speaker 2: How did he go from the guy who would say nothing, there's no point in interviewing out here to now he will just say whatever.
Speaker 1: And he clearly had a grudge on the Falcons because they didn't hire it. You know, they considered hiring even apparently decided not to and it's clear he wanted to say you people are stupid, and now he gets he made fun of Arthur Blank, who was the one who decided not to hire him. The first half of these Manning cast games, to me are just great television.
Speaker 2: This was last week, maybe two weeks ago. But when he's just joking with Eli about how Eli beat him the Super Bowls, I didn't even think we would get that much personality out of the visture. I don't think we would get any personality, though they had personality.
Speaker 1: He's great. I I I'm a huge fan of his, And you know, I still don't understand, like they only do like eleven of the seventeen games, Why just do the other six? Like I don't even know when to tune.
Speaker 2: In because they're retired and don't want the commitment.
Speaker 1: But like I don't even know when you're on, Like a good rule of a television show is let people know when it's on. And I never know whether it's even on for a particular game, but you check I do because I do like it. Now you may notice you probably were thinking, Matt, what's that sweatshirt you were with? I was, actually, this is the European soccer team fidd okay Rotterdam, Rotterdam, Netherlands. They're in the Champions League.
Speaker 3: Just started the other day.
Speaker 1: It started Tuesday. This year. Thirty six teams are in and I like to randomly pick a Champions League team every year just to cheer four. Not even really to cheer four because I care, but just because like why not, you know. And so I drew it out of a hat and I drew a fiord.
Speaker 3: You stop by the campus store there, I wrote.
Speaker 1: I got on a Danish or a Netherlands website, which was hard to navigate because it wasn't in English, an English version.
Speaker 2: You were trying to get a hat and shut up.
Speaker 1: And I got this hoodie and I like it. It's very European in the sense that like, they don't make stuff as big, so this is like two XL but it's, you know, not, it's kind of tight. So they're playing today. That's why I wore because they start against buyer Bayer Leverkusen, who's a German team that won the Bundesliga. So I thought I would keep track of it during our podcast. And with thirty five minutes into the game, they're already down two to nothing. So I don't think my fien word fandom. You can AUNDI they were huge, They were huge underdogs today.
Speaker 3: Leverkusen was good last year?
Speaker 1: Is that? How would I say it? Right, Bayer laver.
Speaker 3: Kusen, Iron Leverkusen.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So why what's the byron mean?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Leverkusen's a town.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well Bayern, Munich.
Speaker 1: For Munich's a town. So what does byron mean?
Speaker 3: Not sure?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Byron is the German word for Bavaria, one of the sixteen states of Germany.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it would be like being called, uh, the California San Francisco's, I guess Sophia's. Yeah. I think that's a terrible name for a team, right, the Ohio Cincinnatis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they the Houston Texas, no close.
Speaker 1: It would be like I call the Texas Houston's. So fionord is taking the it's now three nothing. By the way, there's a dude I follow for soccer gambling. He had his lock of the day Fionid labor cusin over two and a half total goals, already over thirty five minutes. It sounds like good lock of the day. I would like that person you, I'll give you one next week. The next time they we'll have the pick of the week from that person from so pour one out for poor Fionord. But I do have a nice sweater. Now, what was our record last week?
Speaker 4: Well, it wasn't just dra Apple Cup. It was also the Platypus Cup. You both took state to cover in Oregon. Oregon State and Oregon one forty nine.
Speaker 1: The rivalry games.
Speaker 4: Record wise, Matt, you were five and seven in college football. Drew is four and eight going the wrong way. NFL wise, Matt was four and four and Drew was three and five for totals of nine and eleven and seven and thirteen for week two.
Speaker 1: So what's our total overall? Matt?
Speaker 3: You're twenty three and seventeen. Good, Drew is fifteen and twenty five.
Speaker 1: Big, hold a climb out of is that bike? Shelton?
Speaker 2: He looks so old. I'm not just changing the subject, just looked up himself out.
Speaker 1: So you I am twenty three and seventeen, yes, and Drew is fifteen and twenty five.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 1: It's embarrassing, Drew. They're not paying us big bucks to get picks wrong.
Speaker 2: Well, sometimes Mike we'll have our our picks on the podcast, but then I'll make a little money doing other things. I've been losing my other It's just been a rough football season for me so far.
Speaker 1: Well, now we turn it around with Fionid giving us motivation and ben Fica beating Red Star Belgrade. These are all things you should have told me about. Did you know that I went to a Red Star Belgrade game once?
Speaker 3: Once or just this summer.
Speaker 1: No, it was the last time I went. They were in the Champions League then, and they played at Valletta in Malta, and I went, and the Red Star Belgrade fans are so crazy that they erected a fence to keep them. But I'm not you think I'm making this up. They erected a fence to keep them away from the Malta fan in the crowd in the crowd, and I thought that seems a little much, especially when I heard it was a temporary fence. It's not normally there. And then the game started. Valletta took a lead to go up one nothing, which was a huge upset, I guess at the moment Star scored a goal to tide and people started grabbing the fence and just going ah, like screaming at these people. And I have never been more scared in my life. I was glad I picked the Valetta side, and I was actually glad the fence had been erected. And then I read that Red Star is considered to have the craziest fans in the world. Wow, I think it's in Serbia. And so every time I see them, if you look, if you get on YouTube, there'll be videos of the Red Star crowd. They do flares and fires in the crowd. It's insane.
Speaker 2: We think we're fans of teams in the United States. No, I went to I think it's Scotland versus Spain, and that's tame compared to what you're talking about. But I couldn't believe the stuff they were saying back and forth, just how outrageously dry eye.
Speaker 1: They say stuff about like World War two to each other, like like they'll you know, they say that the Scottish fans or no, the English fans were playing against Germany and they sang a song like about German planes being bombed and like shot down.
Speaker 2: Scottish fans have a chant.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I used to know it, but it's about like a stadium collapse, people dying, and they see it like like fights on the UK.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the Hillsboro tragedy. Yeah. So anyway, none of that has anything to do with the games today or Jason Kelsey's So what's our first game?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna start with a game that I hope is not televiused where we start with the noon games, so it's our only noon games. I have to lead with it. But Florida plays at Mississippi State and this should be on the SEC alternate channel. They should actually put volleyball, tennis, soccer, anything on before this game.
Speaker 1: Mississippy State lost by twenty five at home to Toledo.
Speaker 2: And we all know Florida is a fraction of what Florida used to be. But Florida is going into Starkville as a six point favor.
Speaker 1: I'm taking Florida.
Speaker 2: You think Mississippi State's that Missie.
Speaker 1: State might be the worst team that's ever played for the problem is you have a team built to play Mike Leach's style and then they don't have a Mike Leach coach, and it's I don't know that they'll ever rebuild, but like it's it's brutal this year. Florida is awful, But I think amongst the awfuls, I'll take Florida.
Speaker 2: Florida needs to commit to DJ Lagway, their freshman quarterback. He stepped in when Graham Merch was hurt. It looked all right. It's almost like, let's just go all in on the young guy. They haven't done it yet. I'm going to say they cover this and win, and Billy Napier still gets fired after the game. That's how bad of a game is this. He can win and get fired. You think he can win and get fired, cover and get fired.
Speaker 1: I think they win.
Speaker 2: This by touchdown, They cover by point, and even that's not impressive enough for impressive enough for him to stick around.
Speaker 1: Wow, because they had that meeting a.
Speaker 2: Weekend ago, already figured out future. I just feel like the end is near regardless of what happens here.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you're probably ride about Napier. By the way, we had to pause in the middle because I got a phone call that I thought was important, and it was my bank. And so when you see the bank calling, you're like, and they were just calling to see how it was doing. Like I had like a.
Speaker 2: Family local community banking. How are you doing, Matt?
Speaker 1: What can we do? Why are you? Why?
Speaker 2: What kind of dumb dumb do you like? What kind of sucker?
Speaker 1: And it's not even a bank that I have my most accounts, And this is a bank that I have like a credit card in and they're just like, hey, you doing? And I said do you need something? They're like, oh no, just checking in on let's calling. Is that something people want?
Speaker 3: I think some? Yeah, they would enjoy the conversation like.
Speaker 1: That local community. You wouldn't like to just talk to a person, not even a person you know, at a bank and just see.
Speaker 4: No, not me, but like you know, maybe my mom when all the kids are out of the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, all right, you all don't need to call me again. I'm good.
Speaker 2: Maybe they heard your fade this record just a few minutes ago, we thought we should check on I have a winning record.
Speaker 1: My bank is about to call. Your bank needs to call? All right? What's next?
Speaker 2: That's a good question, since I'm the one that should know.
Speaker 1: Big game?
Speaker 2: Big Game three point thirty USC at Michigan. USC is ranked eleventh, Michigan eighteenth getting killed by.
Speaker 1: Texas at home? What's spread? Usc A five point favorite. H how about Michigan being an underdog in the big house like Michigan. I don't know if they win the game, but I think this will be a very close game. I know USC beat LSU, but Michigan has just been embarrassed at home by Texas. USC is not as good as them LSU, as you saw, didn't look great against South Carolina. I'm going to say, I don't know if Michigan wins the game. I think it'll come down to like a field goal. But I will say that US Michigan covers going to USC.
Speaker 2: I think Michigan's offense might actually be bad a year after winning the national championship. A fun fact, though, going against my picks, USC has not won a game in Eastern or Central since twenty twelve, eight straight losses in games on that side of the country.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Well, that's a good fact. I like. That's what makes me like I just.
Speaker 2: Say, Michigan's bed like might actually be bad.
Speaker 3: Bet Are they jet lagged?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean that's the thing everybody says when you go from west to east, you get tired, cranky, you know, that kind of thing. So that may be what it is. I like Michigan. I feel I'm not gonna say I feel good about anything because I think like, even though I have a winning record, I think I'm like I wouldn't five on the games I feel good about. So I'm just gonna say I have like mediocre feelings about It's I will take Miller Moss and the Trojans another game that no one should watch.
Speaker 2: The SEC should show more volleyball here. Arkansas at Auburn might even be worse than Florida Misissippi State. Like it's close's Auburn is a three point fact an. I know they lost col Arkansas stinks, Auburn stinks too, but they just stink less. So give me Auburn to cover. I mean, the Cal thing was embarrassing. Have you seen the memes? Did I tell you that the memes Cal made? Did I say that last week?
Speaker 1: Cal fans made memes at Auburn fans after they won that just said it would be like flowers and rainbows and it said you just got cooked by the woke agenda. That's pretty good, which I think is a pretty good thing to put on there after you win at Cal Berkeley. But I will still take Auburn.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take Arkansas Auburn. They're not the worst in the SEC because Florida and Mississippi State exists, but I think they're in the conversation. Arkansas at least showed some promise at Oklahoma State. They blew like a two touchdown leading that game. I say Arkansas sinds Auburn season spiraling.
Speaker 1: With a home loss. That would be a big spiral. What's next?
Speaker 2: Staying at three thirty? A lot of good three thirty games today, find a television at that hour.
Speaker 1: Georgia Tech at Louisville? Is that really a good game?
Speaker 2: It is because a year ago Louisville lost. It's down fifteen points in a halftime. Georgia Tech scored sixteen in the fourth quarter. Louisville scored in fourth quarter come back.
Speaker 1: I it's gonna have to be a pretty big spread for me not to take Louisville. So what is it? Ten and a half? That's a pretty big spread. Georgia Tech's big win.
Speaker 2: Everyone remembers Florida State in Dublin, but Flora State has done nothing but sucks since then.
Speaker 1: What I would probably play this is I would probably do a teaser down to like three and a half. But for purposes of this, and I don't like it, but I'll take Louisville. I think I'm gonna take Louisville too. I want them to lose and everything. But I still think Georgia Tech, even though they look good in that game against Florida State, a little inflated because of how bad Florida State has been. This actually makes me feel good that Blake Shelton doesn't look good, because you know, I'll see pictures of myself and I'll think, man, like, I don't look like I because in your mind you think you look one way, and then you see a picture and you're like, and then you see Blake Shelton and he's probably in his mid to late fifties, and you think, well, why does he look like? Well, now without the makeup on in his camo, he kind of looks like like poop. And that means like, when I see him on TV, it's you know, he's being propped up by makeup and lights. And that's good to know because that could be us true. Yep, Like if we were hosting America's Got Talent or The Voice or whatever he's on, we could look like Blake Shelton too, we could.
Speaker 2: I had right before we started the show, I had a Facebook memory pop up. It's actually me and Jerry Lorenzen. Kind of a photo got my feelings a little bit. But my face is very young, wrinkles, not many grays, and you know, life comes for all of us. And looking up at uh aj Hawk and Pat McAfee, I actually had to pause and squint.
Speaker 1: Is that Blake Shelton right there?
Speaker 3: Do you own that much Camo map?
Speaker 1: No? I mean, who am I hiding from? Right? Like? AJ Hawk looks like he's made of clay like he and still by the way, aj stopped talking. He's doing his best, Tom Brady, you're talking too much. Aj Hey.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady had a bounce back week in the AJ Hawk roll.
Speaker 1: He did he what did he do good?
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna say he did good. He bounced back, he got better in his aj Hawk. He's learning that he's there to talk and not listen to the playbook.
Speaker 1: If I think he's very good, what do you think Blake Shelton's talking about? You see will Bond take a shot at McAfee, big shot. He took a huge shot. He said something like, well, I guess if I wore a blank black tank top, I could say this, but ESPN Beef on his show, A lot of people resent the fact that McAfee gets to say whatever he wants. I mean McAfee though probably says like because like I really like part of the interruption. But it's Cornheiser that I mean, Will Bond could leave, the show could go on. Corneiser leaves. I think the show dies, don't you.
Speaker 2: And McAfee's proven he can do things others can't. I mean when he got hammered in Ireland and they're I know that's what I'm saying. Though, imagine if any of a ESPO host was talking about being on gummies and drinking, it'd be they'd be a quick goodbye.
Speaker 1: Look, he's not my thing, but I can see why he works, and I can see why people like him, and so I mean, he's he's gonna be able to do stuff other people can't. What's next? It's a great question. I keep forgetting. That question comes to me.
Speaker 2: What do we just do a little George Tech louisvillew about we stay at three point thirty with the ABC game. Everybody's got some ABC UCLA at LSU. Ucla lost to Indiana at home.
Speaker 1: This is like twenty point spread. That's a big one.
Speaker 2: They are saying this could be the worst UCLA team of all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. This was the one where he goes, we're in Los Angeles, right, yeah, uh, some.
Speaker 2: Fun things you all need to know about us. We're located in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: What's a spread? Is it? Twenty twenty four? Wow? And I'm taking it. I'll go first. I think Ucla is that bad. Wow, twenty four is a lot. But did Indiana beat him by like twenty none? Yeah, so I guess you gotta take LSU. Plus LSU is not played well yet, so they need they won a play well as kind of a you know, put it in your ear. So I'm gonna take LSU. I cannot believe that spread is twenty four and that's what Kentucky Georgia was And it is twenty four. Unlike Kentucky Georgia. Though I think LSU.
Speaker 2: Covers LSU should have be Ucla. They had them against the Ropes blow in the end. They had a great second half comeback against South Carolina.
Speaker 1: The talent's there.
Speaker 2: I think we see it in this week and they kill UCLA, which is located in Los Angeles. What's next Utah at Oklahoma State? This is number twelve.
Speaker 1: Versus number breaking news Live golfers will be eligible for the PGA Championship, and any America player who qualifies for the Ryder Cup can be added to the US team news. Yeah, I don't think they didn't think liv was going.
Speaker 3: To be in the Are they gonna give that money back the more credit?
Speaker 1: I don't know. That's a big deal though, I mean, I don't know, although how many of the guys are gonna make it. Bryson will probably make it. You think they'll pick anybody else? Wrong?
Speaker 3: Although wrong.
Speaker 1: Just America? Maybe maybe Brooks kept Bubba got cut, Bubba like is done. He didn't make he didn't make the whatever.
Speaker 3: That makes me sad.
Speaker 1: He's the worst. Who's next?
Speaker 2: Olahoma State? Oklahoma State is a two and a half point favorite. Cam Rising, Utah star quarterback, is doubtful for this.
Speaker 1: At Oklahoma State. Yes, yeah, give me the fighting Gundhies. If if Rising was playing, or if the game was in Utah, I would take them. But in uh still Water, I'm gonna take. This is the point of the year where I think home field really starts mattering. It's where games that if if I if it's a toss up to me or even leaning small in one direction, I'll flip it because of where the game is, and this is one of those. I'll take Oklahoma State.
Speaker 2: I will too, even though I think my Gundy is a clown. They usually play good in these games at home. Just showing you a little bit how weird conference realignment is. These two teams playing. They've only played one time and it was in nineteen forty five, but now gonna be a little more regular. I'm following you Oklahoma State Oklahoma State. Cam Risen could surprise people to play, but I'm sticking with the with Oklahoma State.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how long are they going to have Blake Shelton talk? Since this started?
Speaker 2: And what about And it's like like he's on his porch?
Speaker 1: Is he hunting? Yeah? See look at that picture and then look at the one they have in the corner, like that's not the same person. And is that Elon Musk playing guitar next to you? No, that's Blake Shelton playing guitar. Oh that's Blake Shelton. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We have three versions of Blake Shelton on the television.
Speaker 1: Three different people, Like the guy playing guitar looks fat, that guy looks handsome, and this guy looks like he lives in Jackson County and is about to go hunting. That could be fun. Free to Fred McCoy from the Fred. Those are three completely different people. All right, what's the next? Uh?
Speaker 2: Missouri at excuse Vanderbilt at Missouri. Vanderbilt, by my lock of the year winning three games, took a big hit last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah beat uh, but they lost to Georgia. So what I'm saying one of the ones I counted as a win was a lot you. But they won Virginia Tech, which you but we're kind of back to even I need them to win another one now, I think. But they're playing at Missouri, who is number seven but has not been winning the way everyone.
Speaker 2: Thought they would haven't. They might even be owing three against spread. I'm not sure about that. But Missouri is a twenty point favorite.
Speaker 1: Vandy covers you're going you're going with the doors, not gonna win, but they'll cover that twenty Bandy likes to grind it out. You know, a Clark laya team you're not covering twenty on them in Missouri Clark layer teams. You can't. They don't lay it down. So I'm going to put the correct pronunciation there. Yeah, Okay, what else could it be l e A? How else would you say more of a league?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: But they might not just be l ee because he goes to Vandy or he coaches Vandy. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't have the correct answer. I'm just asking.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's making me think this.
Speaker 2: But you got Diego Pavia, the quarterback has turned Vanderbilt around somewhat.
Speaker 1: His name is Diego Pavia.
Speaker 2: I remember watching good numbers until last week when they uh took it, took a tough loss.
Speaker 1: They took lost thirty six thirty two. That's why were they playing at Georgia State. Figured out no clue.
Speaker 2: He did have two hundred and seventy passing yards.
Speaker 1: Still still lost.
Speaker 2: So you're taking Missouri, you're taking I'm.
Speaker 1: Taking Vandy to cover the twenty, not to win. I'm gonna take Missouri. You're taking the turn spread. Yeah, they beat.
Speaker 2: Murray State like fifty to nothing, but I think they were fifty point favorites. Uh shut out Buffalo, but then Boston college covered a week ago. I think this is the game where they really impress everyone and get rolling. Luther Burden, their star running back, hadn't been everything they thought he'd be through three weeks, so I think this is a big state.
Speaker 1: It is amazing how Luther Burden can run a bank in Lexington and play wide receiver for Missouri at the same time. That's a good joke for the people that live in Lexington. If you live anywhere else in the country, you have no idea what I'm talking about if you're in Xton. But if you're in Lexentral Bank Central Bank, look up, Luther Burton is our Luther? Which one to switch?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I want to hear you sound it out. Luther Burden is the Lexington one, right, No, Luther Burden is the third. He is a wide receiver. So is it is the Luther here? Luther Burton, Luther Deaton. But I like hearing you show your work. Keep going. So Luther Deaton is the run central bank in Lexington. Yes, he's one of our wealth. And you're saying he does not play wide receiver for Missouri.
Speaker 2: He has enough money that if he called Missouri and wanted to play wide receiver, they'd carve out a spot. He is not from Saint Louis.
Speaker 1: If Luthor Deeton were to call Missouri and say, look, my nephew goes to Luther Burn the Luther Burden Deaton, that's how we named him there, and he's he's he's a student, and I will give your ni l ten million dollars if you will put him in the game, starting, and just for one game, and throw a pass to him. He's starting. Are they doing it? You have to for real, like now I'm being dead, Sae. Will you get a phone call that says, my son is right there. I want you to throw a pass to him. Ten million dollars to your inn aisle. Do you do it? You have to, all right, five out the amount of money you can make your nephew get on the field and have a play run in his direction. One pass is worth five million, So five million is the number i'd go.
Speaker 2: I'd say one pass. I think we go a million in pass.
Speaker 1: I think a million's low, but I think five millions a good number. I think, all right, how much do you think Alabama would charge to put the nephew on the field for one place? See?
Speaker 2: I think Alabama would charge less because they know they'll recover.
Speaker 1: What's one player? Make it a business? Yeah, and they have the boosters. Why don't people do this, Billy, This isn't anile they play when they play Murray, it's like a boosters. Kids get in. It's like cow's walk on. See. This would be the biggest sellout.
Speaker 4: I like it, you know, and I al is opening doors. The Marshall coach was offering free biscuits.
Speaker 1: That's not the same. Exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna bench someone that deserves the spot. Yes, for your grandson.
Speaker 1: Listen. I think this is a brilliant fundraiser. I will play your kid one play for X million dollars. There are people folks who would do that.
Speaker 3: I've heard they're not Oh they are. Kentucky basketball could do it.
Speaker 2: I've heard of big fundraisers where coaches will be like, well let this booster call a play, or they'll sit on the bench. Remember cal would have random rich people.
Speaker 1: To get in the game. Luther, Burton, Deaton, the nephew, and Peel Slimmy. But I think in this day and age of money is what matters. If someone's gonna give you five million, we'll hit your kid on a post. Yeah, he better he comes to practice for a couple of weeks. We learn one play. Now you can't sue us when he gets knocked out by the by the other team. But I would put a kid in for five million dollars for one play against Vandy. I would if it's not Andy.
Speaker 3: What if they want the big game?
Speaker 1: We could get ahead of ten. You can put them in a big game. But if you put them in a game and you acknowledge, look, we're only putting them in if it's the fourth quarter and the game's over. I don't know if they're paying a level of which the prime, you can't. You can't put them in against Bama.
Speaker 2: In college basketball, we already start seniors on Senior Day.
Speaker 1: Who shouldn't be out there.
Speaker 2: What's taking a check to roll someone's grandsell out to get hit one time over the middle.
Speaker 1: I'm going to start a company called let your Kid Play College Football for really rich people, and I think it's gonna be great. What's gonna work next?
Speaker 2: As I close up the screens, ever put in my password?
Speaker 1: You just reset your computer before every.
Speaker 2: Again we get into talking about nonsense. I'm not having to look at it. You know it turns off.
Speaker 1: How about a.
Speaker 2: Little California at Florida State. This is three and overs oh.
Speaker 1: And three season started.
Speaker 2: Florida State is the first team since two thousand and eight, that's what sixteen years to be favored in their first three games and lose all.
Speaker 1: Three and you want, I mean, I want to pick them here, but at what's the spread? Two and a half. It's daring you for who Florida State. Florida State is still the favorite.
Speaker 2: They're begging you two and a half. Two and a half has a bet me.
Speaker 1: Line, so they're I'm gonna take Florida State to finally get it done. They're gonna, I'm gonna They're gonna do it. They're gonna switch from do dj Ungulay and they're gonna get whoever's behind him, and they're gonna win. Cal is getting. This should probably be a ten if the results are different last week. This is probably a ten or twelve point spread, and it's down to two and a half, I'm taking I've lost again with Florida State. I think three straight weeks I'm going I mean, of my seventeen losses, at least two are Florida State. I'm gonna take Florida State here. Col's been looking good. Want at Auburn? All right, you'd pick them, I'm going Florida State. But let's do what what heck do you fire? He gets fired immediately?
Speaker 3: Undefeated last year?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but lost if you've lost to Boston College, excuse me, to Boston College Memphis and Cal, like you can't get.
Speaker 2: Over that on top of getting just or was it sixty point loss to Georgia last year?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And how about Cal joining the Big Ten and playing road games at Auburn and Florida State winning? Oh that's right, I keep forgetting so that this is a conference game. That is, that's never going to be easy for.
Speaker 3: Me to wok agenda heads to tell.
Speaker 1: Woe agenda boy, tallahassee that are they trying to like just go to the most? I mean, are they playing their next game at mar a Lago?
Speaker 2: They're outspreading the message.
Speaker 3: Campaign an election year?
Speaker 1: All right, what's next? So we both took the seminoles. Yes, of all things we're gonna do, that's the one.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you don't feel good about it? I mean they're pretty bad. Here's what I feel good about. We got Tennessee going to Oklahoma. The Josh Hipel return to Oklahoma, breaking.
Speaker 1: News for nothing, laverkuzin over a fan, no wid bet over easy money, over this poor sweatshirt? All right, hypel, all right, so what's the spread this? I have strong feelings about this, so tell me what this.
Speaker 2: Tennessee's a touchdown favorite.
Speaker 1: I think they cover it. I think they're gonna win this game, and I think they I think they're they're really good, and I think Georgia will beat them, but I think otherwise they're gonna go eleven in one.
Speaker 2: This is a lot like Texas at Michigan for me just a week ago.
Speaker 1: I love Texas.
Speaker 2: You got a team that's favored on the road at a place that's tough to win, but they look that good that I think the road Dogs is going to show up and maybe even kick their ass a little bit.
Speaker 1: I think I think this is the game that when it's over, people go, Is Tennessee the best team in the country. I don't think they are, but I think you're gonna hear that after this game.
Speaker 2: And the rankings are similar to when Texas winn into Michigan. It's a good offense against what is supposed to be a good defense. I think we're going to see a repeat of that game. I think the road team that's ranked a little higher, that looks a little better is going to just take over this.
Speaker 1: Atmosphere and win big. And I hate it.
Speaker 2: I don't like how good the balls look right now. Also, Tennessee in the first half, longtime listeners of this program, even it was under a different name, we used to love that. We used to love Alabama first half, Like Tennessee, it's three and oh this year.
Speaker 1: It was good last year, hypol I mean they kicked an onside kick. Get It's like an asshole going to get his at some point, like someone's going to I don't know when it'll be, but he's gonna get his because he was up thirty one to nothing in the first quarter and had an on side kick that is jerk move. So he's gonna get his. But it's not gonna come this week and they're gonna they're gonna That's my point.
Speaker 2: Some coaches get up a little bit, try some other things, put in some reserves, call the dogs off. Tennessee runs up the score in the first half. That's why they're always the first half team to watch. This one's a low spread might not be the case here, but watch out for that Tennessee.
Speaker 1: The rest of the year. Hype likes to cover early. All right, what's next?
Speaker 2: Illinois at Nebraska another top twelve matches.
Speaker 1: Love Nebraska. I don't care what you tell me the spread is because Illinois I picked them to beat Kansas. But Nebraska's for real. I think this game is on a Friday night. No, no, it's on a Saturday eight o'clock. Yeah, so I I like, I'd say the spread is probably Nebraska nine and a half.
Speaker 2: Well, if you think it's nine and a half, you're gonna love.
Speaker 1: Eight even Yeah, give me, give me Nebraska. I like Nebraska too.
Speaker 2: Can we talk about Dylan Rylo though, great quarterback, but this Patrick mahomes cosplays guy going on?
Speaker 1: Why is that so bad? People seem to really don't like that he looks like Patrick maho and like dresses like him. Wear's the headband. But like, I mean, I feel like people do this right. There are people who are I mean, when Iverson played and Kobe and Jordan, there were people who kind of copied their swag completely with you.
Speaker 2: It's that he's been asked about it, and he keeps going, what are you all talking about?
Speaker 1: He did that little knee high knee jump. I mean he is doing.
Speaker 2: If you put him side by side, they are the exact same per.
Speaker 1: For one thing, I mean, like that little stringy bandana. Very few people wear that except Mahomes. So clearly it's okay, man like you like Mahomes. It's fine. Mahomes is a is a cool dude, right.
Speaker 2: I think it's more that he's not like, yeah, I love Patrick Mahomes want to be like him one day. It's that he's like, what are you all talking about?
Speaker 1: I have I look like who never heard of? That person? Has a very distinctive look. I mean it would be like you walked around and painted your skin orange and had a blonde win gig and moved your hands back and forth when you talked and when I'm not I'm not being Trump, what are you talking? Don't even know who that guy is? Like, of course you are, would be like in and all your speeches with and then saying I'm not Howard d.
Speaker 2: It's it's not just the look. I mean he does everything because mannerism is the same. And then he acts like Patrick.
Speaker 1: Who's That's all I'm saying. But he covers here. He's very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he does do the current voice too, does he If.
Speaker 1: He ever does that? If he ever does that, then we really have to stop. All right, what's the next? Uh? That is a great question. How are you not ready? Well? Did we get through Illinois? Nebraska? Y? Yeah? Pick Nebraska? Okay?
Speaker 2: Did I pick pick Nebraska too? In that case, we're gonna go to little Colorado.
Speaker 4: Ok.
Speaker 2: Everybody likes to debate col Rade. Everybody likes they're hosting Baylor. Colorado is a two point favorite.
Speaker 1: This one's tough because I think both these teams are terrible. I mean, Baylor is a just awful, awful I'm gonna take Dion and then everybody tries to tell us that they're good and then they don't win another game all year. So I'm gonna take I'm gonna take color I to win this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Baylor hadn't been very impressive. I like the talent of Sanders, Hunter and Horn. By the way, the fact that Travis Hunter is just playing every snap that's crazy. I don't feel like people.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's very safe. I don't either you know, for the course of the year and just his general overall career. But we all talk about.
Speaker 2: Dion and the media and his son and the watch. Yeah, if he were on any other team, there's any other season we were talking about. We're talking about every snap.
Speaker 1: It's unfortunate for him that he gets caught up in all this because I you know, I mean, I think he's cocky too, but he's but he's like an amazing talent, and you know, Deon Sun is an amazing talent too. But it's also like Dion Son kind of has a lot of the characteristics of Dion rub off on him. And this is as somebody who is a Dion fan for a long time. So it's overshadowed about the circle. It's Travis Hunter is really really good going Colorado there me too. Uh. B Yu a favorite of the favorite you know what I'm picking? So do you even know who they play? In? Some ways it doesn't matter the best teams in the country. Kansas State rank thirteenth. Yeah, Kansas State is a six point road favorite. Oh so it's at b yu at b Yuh.
Speaker 2: All right, So here's the state destroyed Arizona.
Speaker 1: That was impressive. I watched some of that game in Chicago with Mario Tulane could have lost to Tulane. Though, Yeah, here's the problem you go to. You go to b YU like there's there's just a thing that you know, the Book of Mormons in Lexington, I'm going this week, I'm going from it. So because of that, that sort of vibe that's in b YU is kind of here. So I'm kind of feeling like going to New York and the Statue of Liberties and yeah, exactly, I'm kind of feeling like you're starting to get this like Mormon sense in town where people are like here we go, here we go, you know, and because of that here we go in the Book of Mormon being here, I have to say that they will cover the six I don't know if they'll win, but there's no way the Book of Mormon is here on the same day that b why you place Kansas State And I'm not gonna pick b YU to come.
Speaker 2: If we just wrote down our logic, somebody hasn't read it, like as a statement.
Speaker 1: It would make perfect sense to me. I don't know. You didn't go to law schools, understand, So who did you I'm not real clear on I mean, I think it's very clear. The Book of Mormon.
Speaker 2: Well, at first I thought you were saying that the town isn't going to be what it normally is because Book of Mormon is away.
Speaker 1: No, No, the vibe of the town has moved here. I'm feeling it. And because then by you is going to cover there, there's gonna be like an emotion connection.
Speaker 2: So we're downtown Lexton right now. Book Mormon's here two nights. You're feeling like a little cloud above me. You're feeling a little cloud me, but mostly me.
Speaker 1: You're going to change the world forever for l and I can do most in anythink and I can stand next to you and watch. All right, go ahead, No, that.
Speaker 2: Was that was everyone's favorite part of episode one. I think you need to give him more.
Speaker 1: Yes, well after that, you know, I was actually every hero needs a sidekick, every captain needs a maid. Go ahead, Elder Price. I'm very impressed. You're welcome.
Speaker 2: I was gonna pick Kansas State, but after that, I can't, I mean, I cannot. I'm going with with going.
Speaker 1: Back, Billy. When you get home, uh, get on your get on your phone and play the Book of Mormon. It's called mostly Me. I think it's you and me, but mostly you and me, but mostly me and I had a friend tell me when I expressed how much I like to Book Mormon on the first episode that they felt like that song could be me and Ryan and I want you to listen to it. And that's not a compliment to me or to Ryan, honestly, But if I'm honest, I can see what they're talking. You're laughing to me the song is you and me but mostly me are going to change the world forever. And yeah, it's not a compliment to me because he's clearly being overly arrogant. But then Ryan, Ryan could play that part in the show, couldn't he. I think he should. I could see him playing what is Elder Cunningham? Uh huh. So if you've never seen the Book of warm And it doesn't make as much sense, But that song does have some Matt and Ryan vibes to it. Uh yeah, So we're going with the Cougars for that reason. Yes, but you are mes gonna pick I was gonna pick.
Speaker 2: Kansas State, but you talk to me too, Yeah, go ahead. If I'm not mistaken. Billy that's twelve.
Speaker 1: All right, we got our twelve. Then let me tell you about great way to end. Let me tell you about touchdowns. You score them and you take it to the house and when you do uh. You can go to Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sportsbook partner of the NFL. They've made some money off me, but they're not gonna make it off you because you know the picks. If you're ready to place your first college or NFL bet, go to DraftKings download the app. The code is fade for new customers to get two hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks and one month of NFL plus premium. That's only on DraftKings. Code is Fade Bet five two fifty and bonus bets with DraftKings Sportsbook. The crown is yours. You can put that thing in there. I'm not doing it again.
Speaker 3: You're not doing it.
Speaker 1: Well, No, I mean the one I just cut. Can you not put it in there again? Ummmm alright? Fine. Gambling problem Call one a hudred gambler in New York. Call eight seven seven eight hoping wire text Hoping wy and Connecticut helps available problem gambling call eight A eight eight seven seven seven eight eight eight nine seven seven eight at four for three. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boot Casino and Resort in Kansas twenty one plus. Age and eligibility varies regis jurisdiction void in Ontario Idiots. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Traditional terms go to DKG dot co slash ft ball, NFL plus premium all for only available new and former NFL Plus subscribers, Digtional NFL plus Premium terms, NFL dot com slash terms.
Speaker 2: Very good, you nailed it.
Speaker 1: So all right, NFL we're gonna do a six again. Yeah, we'll do six. I'm twenty.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna do Thursday Night because it's gonna be up against it a little bit.
Speaker 1: As this comes out. Hey, I'm gonna give people a chance to Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna start with Monday Night and work backwards.
Speaker 1: We're gonna reverse the order a little.
Speaker 2: So Monday Night Football Jaguars at the Bills Buffalo is a five point favorite.
Speaker 1: You know the Jaguars are I think are they owing too? They're own two and uh, they kind of need to win this game. I don't think they're going to, but I think they're gonna cover. I think Trevor Lawrence gonna have a good game. An on and three Jacksonville team is a sad Jacksonville team, and in the NFL, home field just does not matter. If it matters, it would matter on a Monday night. But the Falcons just beat the Eagles on the road. So I'm gonna take Jacksonville to cover the five night even though.
Speaker 2: Where they get about thirty points in two weeks you worried about.
Speaker 1: Listen, you think I'm worried about. This is Jacksonville, baby, a city I door.
Speaker 2: You hate Jacksonville. We've been there twice time.
Speaker 1: To many. The only thing I know about that when we were there we found out that we won our lawsuit. That's true. That's my bisiness, But go ahead.
Speaker 2: Other than that, I'm with you, not a huge fan, but I do like Jacksonville to cover here. Five is too many. I feel like every big spread in the first two weeks anything five or more have gone horribly wrong.
Speaker 1: For me when I've bet them. Billy, I'm not taking the the KSR Survivor Celebrity League like you. Uh, you're the only one of the K s R people left, are you? Uh, I'm gonna read you who is left, and I want you to give me your thoughts on them as a person. Well, I want you no, no, I want no, I want that too, But first I want you to give me your thoughts on this a person, because I mean, look, you gotta trash talk. You gotta trash talk these people, right like, this is who's left. So I want you to uh, all right, So here we go. There's your and Walker dork. You think he's a dark a little bit interesting.
Speaker 4: Dan Orlovsky another dork. Did you hear what he said about hot dogs the other day? It's best served cut up in macaroni and cheese.
Speaker 1: That's that's pretty bad. That's a weird statement. All right, So we're you have like a lot of terrible food takes. He's got awful food and cheese.
Speaker 3: Darry Noka swell individual.
Speaker 1: The way already put his pick in.
Speaker 3: So I like him, But go ahead, swell individual.
Speaker 1: You think he swelled? Yeah? Why do you think he makes me.
Speaker 3: Show with swan right back in the day?
Speaker 1: Uh No, that was Keishawan and uh Max and and no, it was not he That was Zubin.
Speaker 2: Darry does a very early show on SEC with Chris Doran.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was oh.
Speaker 3: Darry from the SEC Network. Okay, you're talking about not the other do cool, calm and collected.
Speaker 1: Not Dary. Oh friend Katy, Oh you think he's cool, calm and collect.
Speaker 3: He's always there.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you that I've done a full one eighty on Darry Well. I yelled at him one time at the SC tournament, not like in a bad way, like Dorry like excitement, and he kind of brushed me off a little bit, like get out of here, weirdo. And I thought, oh, is this guy not one you want to meet? Last year at SEC Media Days, I met him on Broadway in Nashville at the Stage Broadway. Dorry, That's a different and I'm a big fan of that.
Speaker 1: Dark changed that first interaction, I just caught him in a bad moment. Now I'm all about Darry brings the party. He does, all right. So you have dork, dork, classy individual Joe forton Bah.
Speaker 3: I don't know much about Joe, but.
Speaker 1: I worked with him qualified he is. He's actually pretty good at this. He's my favorite. Michelle Smallman who is that?
Speaker 3: Don't know who that is.
Speaker 1: She hosts the ESPN Morning Show with a couple other people. She was in Green Bay this weekend. Can I tell you a little just between us, you got a story Mario kind of Oh, Mario kind of thought he was like, she's kind of kind of hot. Yeah, well, I mean he was kind of like Mario was a little smitten. I mean, he's meeting Steve Levy. He was like a little well, you think he was talking about Steve Lee. I'm just saying, Okay, was talking about Michelle Smallman, and you're telling me he was talking about Steve Levy and I didn't realize it, and then he thought she was John Butcher. Gross.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I'm just good. I don't know anything about what happened. I'm just saying the surroundings I heard of it was a lot of testosterone.
Speaker 1: Maybe just just seeing someone maybe so maybe So I did get to meet John Anderson and tell me he's a great show. He was great. He was very very nice. We talked. He went to Missouri, so we were talking about Missouri Kentucky football. He said he came to Lexington for the Missouri Kentucky game once and he said there were no bars, and I said, we have a new bar in ks barin he said the only bar was two keys in the whole city. I was like, well that's not exactly true. But he may have come here in like nineteen eighty six. I don't know, I mean, but but he was very nice. And uh, he's do you know what he's doing after his sports career. He's teaching at Missouri. He's going to be a journalism professor. What's cool. It was very nice. Also still in it is, uh, let's see Peter Burns alive. You you have some ana mastery towards Peter Burns, don't you. Uh he didn't. He didn't just me. He didn't call you back, and that bothered you.
Speaker 4: No, he called me back. He just canceled on us like a moments before, day before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't like that, Well, now you better beat him in order to show him a little bit of a bit of who knew Billy had so many vendettas Randall Cobb still in it didn't even know what a survivor league was, And it's in it shows how good he is.
Speaker 3: A football loyal loyal Okay, that's interesting. What loyal to Rogers.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I thought he meant loyal to you.
Speaker 3: Loyal to Kentucky?
Speaker 1: All right? Slice? What a Slice's real name? Barry Orson, Barry Rawson for people don't know it. Was an assistant coach at Kentucky and then assistant coach at Saint John's. He's kind of known as he knows New York high school basketball. He was in a movie Glenn Gary Glenn Gary Glenn Ross. That's exactly like which is a great movie. Slice, What do you?
Speaker 2: Also played a referee in Uncle Drew, the Kyrie Irving movie.
Speaker 1: Forgot about that. These are good facts. What what do you know about Slice? You can't use those your thoughts about him?
Speaker 3: He's theatrical.
Speaker 1: You don't know who he is? Right, No, I didn't think so, Tim Couch mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I want to make it timely because he just got a statue. So statue as erect.
Speaker 2: That's twice on the show we've used that word.
Speaker 3: It's my word.
Speaker 1: Finally, Vince Merrow big dog, big dog. So that's your competition, yeah, not much, not much. So you feel confident there's only ten people left. You feel confident you're gonna win.
Speaker 4: I feel very confident. I mean, I've been picking road teams. I've been going against the grain.
Speaker 1: So who's your pick this week?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be picking my team this week, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers taking on the Denver Broncos. Bo Nix sucks, Sean Payton game is passed him by. I'm taking Tampa Baker Mayfield looks.
Speaker 1: Great, Tampa Bay Homer pick. The only other pick I have is Darry Noka has uh Browns. Who do they play the Giants? Okay, so you and Darry, all right, the first two picks in, we'll get the other eight. I'm sure sometime later today. All Right, who's next?
Speaker 2: My computer just told me it's about to die, so I gotta get moving. Let's go through here, Let's go Sunday night. Chiefs Falcons. Chiefs are in Atlanta as a three and a half point few.
Speaker 1: Love the Chiefs. Love me to the Chiefs here because it's going to get too much credit for what they did give me Kansas City to Dirty Bird all in their face.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've been a bit of a Chiefs expert. I had the Bengals kind of hitting them every which way. I think they cover this game. All right, one that I'm very disappointed to actually both sides disappointing. Last week we have Baltimore going to Dallas. Somebody's got to win as well, be you. Last week I think they were the two biggest favorites of the entire weekend and both at Dallas. Dallas is a home dog.
Speaker 1: One point.
Speaker 2: Dallas's defense was quite shocking because I thought they were good and the Saints did whatever they wanted on every single snap.
Speaker 1: Baltimore has to win this game, like they can't start Owen and Lamar. You know, if you spell Lamar backwards, it's Ramal and he's about to rum all over them.
Speaker 2: Okay, wow, Okay.
Speaker 1: I came up with that on the fly. I know it seemed like I prepared for it, but that that seems like it's a gold writing time. I'm taking the Ravens to win on the road. I will highly recommend to you people when the Cowboys lose a game, turn on the Cowboys call in postgame shows. It was a good I've never done that. Oh they are so good when they lose. When they win, it's like, oh, we're going to the super Bowl. But when they lose. I listened to it some on my drive back Sunday. They are great.
Speaker 2: I watched every snap of that game last week. I had three Cowboys fans in my house. It was an ugly sight and they looked so bad against the Saints. For that, I'm taking the Ravens. I don't even like the Ravens. I like the Cowboys, but I just think Cowboys defense was very Ramon, Ramon, next, what have we done?
Speaker 1: Three? Three? Yeah?
Speaker 2: How about little Lions going to Arizona. Arizona is a three point home dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is tough, but I think the Lions win big. There's no home field advantage for Atlanta. After Dan Campbell.
Speaker 3: Was Arizona or same thing.
Speaker 1: Dan Campbell was forced to move out of his house due to people being so rude. That's a home disadvantage. But he's good. Well, he's used to playing a road game now, so he's he's taking it out on the Cardinals. Marvin Harrison Junior showed why he was picked so high in the last game. But I'm still going to take the Lions on the road.
Speaker 2: Not just trying to do everything you do here. But I also like the Lions. You know, going into the year, there talks around them being a super Bowl team. They took that loss to the Bucks, but I think they have a good rebound this week and look good. That number is too love for me.
Speaker 1: Ryan Clark has a segment here, looks like on the ESPN and I like Ryan Clark, but this segment is called Ryan's Iron.
Speaker 2: It looks like he's on the toilet and is that like his bathroom? That's not a set? Are you trying too hard with Ryan zyeing?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Everything doesn't have to be a pun. Everything doesn't have to Sometimes you just surrender, like this is my name.
Speaker 1: I don't have anything going for Billy's Wet Willies is not necessarily a segment I'm running on esp What else would you do if you're Ryan? Ryan's lying?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm?
Speaker 1: What want that? Yeah? But you don't want him A lot to you on TV? I don't want to Trevor Lawrence done.
Speaker 3: Ryan's buying done?
Speaker 1: Ryan, Trevor Lawrence is done? All right? What's next?
Speaker 2: I mean we got left? I keep I want to make these two.
Speaker 1: He's been slightly drunk during this show. Did you take that news? I haven't. I'm just did you take that new gummy? Well? In years past?
Speaker 2: We've had producers that bring the game, so I'm wearing multiple hats. Just asks why I'm losing my play. I'm trying to watch the TV. My computer's dying. We're gonna move on to the Colts. They're hosting Your Bears Cults are a one and a half point favorite. Is Caleb Williams as bad as he looks?
Speaker 1: No? No, I mean the Bears had a shot at the end of that game, if they had the ball with a chance to go win. I didn't think they were going to. But but I like the Bears in this game. I ain't Anthony Richardson stinks, and I think the Bears will. I will meet you there. The Bears will eat him up, Bears will win, go to and one. Caleb is gonna be Caleb. I mean he's gonna be decent all year, but not great, and then next year will be his rise. I'm a little worried about the interaction with CJ. Stroud after the game. That was weird. It was weird. I mean it was also weird. CJ. Stroud's only a year older than him. He was talking to him a little bit like the uncle that comes to give you advice at the same time, Caleb Williams was kind of dismissed above him. So I don't know exactly how to read that interact, but I'm still going to take the Bears to cover.
Speaker 2: Colts owing two. I think you talked me into it. Part of it is I hate the Colts. Richardson's the bus. How do you lose to Malik Willis last week?
Speaker 1: That's terrible.
Speaker 2: Malise Willis is not a good quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he is not good. And and the Bears defense is better than the Packers. Yeah, I'm going to join you.
Speaker 2: Maybe this is where Caleb william says his breakout moment. I know they've already won a game, but he wasn't great in that one. I will say the Bears went on the road in India.
Speaker 1: I think I said to you, this is the day that I have three events i'd like to go to, and I'm sure I will go to none of them, which is the red season, last season home game Bears are putting my team playing in the Indian Tyler Childers and I'd like to go to all of them, and I'll probably end up at none of them just because I'm lazy.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like it's almost like this, and it's like you're over stimula. There's so many options that I can't even pick.
Speaker 1: So what's next? We got one game left?
Speaker 2: You want to do a little Uh, you got Houston and Minnesota green Bay at Tennessee three.
Speaker 1: You are two left.
Speaker 3: We have four left.
Speaker 2: We have in that case, let's go to It is a Thursday.
Speaker 1: The Reds to one. By the way, we'll go Houston at Minnesota. Texans are a two point favorite. Houston at Minnesota Texas two point. I like Houston. Minnesota is overrated being two and oh, but they're getting they get too much credit. I like Houston, who's a I think a much better team to go. And when they get Sam Darnold, I know, but that's not gonna last. There's no way a guy who's stuck his whole at the end. I'm going Minnesota two and oh. But they barely beat the Colts, who we just discussed discuss bums. Chicago barely beat them. Also not very good. Minnesota wins this when they're hosting. I got the Vikings covering. All right, what's next? All right? Four games left? Two more?
Speaker 2: The rest of them, aren't they good? Have about little Charger Steelers. That's a that's a low spread both teams and yeah, Chargers at Steelers. Steelers are a one and a half point home favorite.
Speaker 1: This is a tough one. I like the Chargers. I think Justin Herbert and Steeves got a good defense, but they really haven't been able to move the ball much. They played a bad Atlanta team and then a bad Denver team. I think the Chargers go on the road and get the look. The road doesn't matter for the Chargers because every game is a road game for the Chargers, So I'm gonna take the charge.
Speaker 2: I think they're actually a good team, and I thought that before winning the last two games.
Speaker 1: Not that beating with.
Speaker 2: The Panthers and the Raiders is that impressive, but I actually believe in hardball with Herbert and Dobbins back there.
Speaker 1: So you feel bad for Bryce Young.
Speaker 2: I mean, he was in the same draft class as Levis, and I'm a Levis guy, but I thought it was kind of already just drafting him to begin with. Wasn't that surprised he's been a bust. But I will say I feel a little bad for the guy being benched after two weeks In your second year. And I don't think he ever should have been the pick.
Speaker 3: Frank Wright didn't even want him. It was the owner pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know he shouldn't be in this situation, but I'll say I feel a little bad for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too. And I don't know why, but I do.
Speaker 2: Part of it is just Dave Tepper at Carolina seems to you knowing the owner. Come on, he took the hat off, that dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he remembered his name, threw a drink on somebody.
Speaker 2: Well, if that actually says a lot about him that people know your name, then.
Speaker 1: Let's go Throughthur. Arthur, that's a good one. Amy and Nashville. Who's Amy? Amy Adams Trunk. She's the owner of the Titans. Amy.
Speaker 2: She was in movies? Righty Adams No similar name. Bud Adam's daughter, Bud Adams longtime Tony Kahan, the wrestling the Chiefs owners. That guy with the arrowhead.
Speaker 3: I don't know him.
Speaker 1: What is his name? He's got the auburn banks about the Raiders guys. Davis, Yeah, Al Davis's kid with a terrible haircut. Jerry Jones did we say you said?
Speaker 3: Jerry Jones Laser family for the Bucks.
Speaker 1: Glaziers, good one, Jim Jim, irsay, we actually know more of these than I of thought. The Bears Robert Craft, can we do the whole league? Robert Kraft? The Bears have that. It's a family that's had it forever. And I can't remember. Who are the Who are the g with the Browns, the Giants? That guy he was on the Hard Knocks, Mara Mara, Mara Mayra Hunt. That's the Chiefs guy. You're right, Hunt, We're already way over when I thought you too, I didn't think we're gonna get any of these. I don't know the teams on the West Coast. I think Jets is Woody Johnson, Woody Johnson, that's right. I don't know Woody Guthrie. And then the Seahawks they have somebody like don't Paul Allen, the Microsoft guy? Yeah, there you go, he's one of them. Maybe they I don't know. The Packers are owned by the World. Yeah, yeah, did we do the the Mike Mike Brown? Oh, come on, who knew that we would know this many owners?
Speaker 3: I'm impressed.
Speaker 1: The Saints. It's that old woman, what's her name?
Speaker 3: I don't know her.
Speaker 2: I know you're talking about she wears like the big necklace and she's got short hair, Patty LaBelle, we'll count it. If you just said set the line on name and owners, I would have said, like four and a half blue pass that proud of us?
Speaker 1: All right, what more can we do? The Roonies? Yeah, yeah, we talked. Okay, five more games. M hmm, I'm jumping out, let's pick one. Doesn't matter. In that case, the Bingles play, let's play that one. Uh? Are they off? I'm not seeing her. They can't be off. It's week two. I didn't think that either, But I don't see him here, not off.
Speaker 5: Uh, the command might as well be off. Seven seven point play Monday night too, Yeah, to Monday night in Cincinnati. Oh that's why I didn't say two Monday night games. Bengals are two and a half point favorite.
Speaker 1: Seven point favorite. Oh that's a lot.
Speaker 3: Washington couldn't score a touchdown again.
Speaker 1: They're covering. They were gonna play well in Kansas City. They're better than they were in week one. They still need to make that big statement. They're gonna pick on Washing. They're gonna win. We need them to win so we can have watch parties at the bar. I'm really mad at these teams that don't think about that when they're choosing whether or not they're gonna win.
Speaker 2: Do you think, Saykon Barkley was saw that ball come his way and just dropped it, like who cares about prime time games?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He was, like, he was like, you know, Monday nights usually don't do great at kspar when I'm not worried about it. I let's be right, it's probably what he was thinking. Yeah, I'm taking the Bengals. I like. I like the Bengals to cover.
Speaker 2: I feel good about them. How many games we have left, Billy, that's it.
Speaker 1: That's it. I think that's it. I feel like we did really well.
Speaker 2: Multiple erection talks singing Blake Shelton Agent.
Speaker 1: I'm maybe running out of Book of Mormon's songs by the end of this podcast, Like we've done most of the one that I know. I don't know that I'm gonna be able to sing the one where the girl sings about Salt Lake City.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, I'm going in tomorrow night. I will have a whole refresh that I'll bring in next week.
Speaker 3: I want to go to you can sing a little bit on the next episode.
Speaker 1: They have any Do we have any tickets for that?
Speaker 3: I kind of like i'd have to ask. I was not aware.
Speaker 1: I mean that's a small venue. I'm kind of surprised they're coming for only two nights, Like, how do they make money coming to a venue that small and only staying for two nights? Are there? Are there two shows a night?
Speaker 2: There's one Friday, there might be two Saturday. Definitely one on the night.
Speaker 1: On and that would be you'd think a whole production to bring it to town, set it up, because that that venue only holds like two thousand people.
Speaker 2: I've only been there one time. I saw Pete Davidson and now I'm going to see the book more mon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's quite the range.
Speaker 1: For Well, I do like it. I'm not gonna lie to you. Notice, as you might have noticed, I singing it quite a bit. All right, Well, we will see you next week. Tell all your friends, if you haven't yet, like and rate us and give us a big star. Uh, this is paid. This h