Speaker 1: I didn't tell you that this podcast is so blowing up. It's so on fire that they've asked Donald Faison and I to go on the view.
Speaker 2: I hope I get to talk to Whoopie.
Speaker 1: Well, you're old friends with Whoopie. She was in Homieespimoni.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did a movie together. It was great. I have some apologies to make to her. I have to apologize, like profusely to her.
Speaker 1: Don't embarrass us in front of Whoopie.
Speaker 2: Bro I won't embarrass us in front of Whoopee. But I was like a little punk back in the day, like I was scared of I was so scared of celebrities and getting to know actors who I was, you know who I loved, like Whoopy Goldberg is one of my top five, Like she inspired me as a youth and too yeah, like Jumping Jack Flash. You know, uh, there's so many.
Speaker 1: Before all that. Dude. When I saw the color Purple when I was a kid, and I thought I didn't know anything about acting, but I said, that is one of the best actresses I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Absolutely I cried and are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: For the first time ever in a movie when.
Speaker 1: They pulled the sisters apart.
Speaker 4: When they pulled apart me and you us never part Mackey dad Oh.
Speaker 1: My gosh, I could cry right now.
Speaker 2: I could now Ain't no mountain, Ain't no c Mackey dad key, my sister away from me, Mackey Dada. And the fact that she went to her sister, went to live with her kids, Adam and Olivia, that was even more special. Man, it was just that's one of those movies.
Speaker 1: I could get tears in my eyes with you recounting. If you haven't seen The Color Purple, it is a fucking masterpiece. Stevenry, Steven Spielberg.
Speaker 2: Music by Quincy Jones. Yes, and Spielberg always used John Williams. This was the one of the first times that he didn't use John Williams and used Quincy Jones instead.
Speaker 1: Well, that's good trivia and whoopy Goldberg's performance is unbelievable. And Oprah Winfrey, Oprah Renfrey, she get not I know she got nominated on she won the Auf Curve for that.
Speaker 2: Point, nobody from the Color Purple.
Speaker 1: Who could have beat Joelle? I am so sorry to start right off the bat, but who could have beaten Oprah Winfrey's performance in the color purple? Who is this person? Who is this thespian?
Speaker 2: That one? Is that? That? That my favorite saying. You told Harpo to beat me. Oh my life. I had to fight. I had to fight my brothers, I had to fight my daddy. I never thought I'd have to fight in my own house. Hmm. God the nowsa dude, but I killed dead?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Come on, you just got me all riled up about color purple?
Speaker 2: Sorry, brother, what I'm Danny?
Speaker 1: Excuse me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Danny Glover, Yeah, Danny Glover.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's just I agree with you. It was one of the first times I like sobbed in a movie and I was a little kid, and I was just like, just like, wow, this guy.
Speaker 2: I remember my mom tapping my dad and being like the baby's sheon's crying, My baby's crying at that part, Yeah, me and you us never part. And when she teaches her how to read, and then of course at the end when her sister comes back, when she finds the letters.
Speaker 1: When she's signing the letters, when she finds the letters. But when I think of, like, you know, sometimes they think about the movies that have made me cry the most I always think of those two sisters being torn apart in the color purple.
Speaker 2: That and one of my favorite moments in that whole movie is when Sugar Avery played by Margaret uh finally has lightened up to miss Cely and she's written a song with her band called Miss Ceely's Blues and they play it at the juke joint.
Speaker 3: Sister, you've been oh my mind. Oh sister, we're too of a kind. So, sister, I'm keeping my eye on you.
Speaker 1: That song is cier and that was the Quincy Jones right then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, this is all Quincy Jones, the whole soundtrack, Quincy Jones Q sister you lot me, oh mama, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: I can't do it like you. I mean, come on, I know that's nobody could.
Speaker 2: Nobody could do it like Margaret sug Abrien. Hey should we say get into it? Fine? Si?
Speaker 5: Stories about show we made about a bunch of times and nurses and janitor. You said, here's the stories nels, No, so gader round here, yeader round here?
Speaker 3: Up we aso?
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 1: So much love for for the theme song, Donald lot to love and on our on our instagrams for for so many things Bill and his five six, seven eighths and.
Speaker 2: So much love. I didn't realize that there were that few Peloton instructors, so a lot of people were like, oh man, you had such and such.
Speaker 1: Oh really, who it was? I thought there were dozens of them.
Speaker 2: No, I guess, not I guess, or I guess the one I described.
Speaker 1: It was very specific, very specific. You didn't really leave much mystery. Did you work out today? I see you're all sweating up there.
Speaker 2: I did work out today. I found a new instructor.
Speaker 1: Oh good, you know you can? You can pat down your head before we do the podcast.
Speaker 2: That's all I did. I shower, I showered and everything. This is that afterglow. This is that freaking Bruce what Bruce Lee wored was searching for at the end of the Last Dragon. I got that going right now?
Speaker 1: Oh really, why don't you pull some sweatpants off the rack and pat your forehead now? And I can't look at that for an hour?
Speaker 2: Does it make you uncomfortable?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: But you need like what do you when you know when the rappers always carry a washcloth? You and I got into big years ago. Go about how you said that African American people always bring a washcloth into the shower.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did get into a debate about this.
Speaker 1: And I said that I've never used a washcloth in the shower, and you said, you said, you said, every black person I know brings a washcloth in the shower.
Speaker 2: Most black people use washcloth, Joel, can you weigh in on this, she said, knodding her hair yet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Black Twitter, when we learned that people do not wash their legs, they were very loud about the use of washcloth and try to inform a lot of people with many races that you could always just take a cloth in there and really scrub, like like.
Speaker 2: What does your hand do that thing that has like friction that is made for friction when wet.
Speaker 1: So, as you're married to a Caucasian woman, do you use cloth and she doesn't.
Speaker 2: Know she uses a washcloth? My wife is Southern. Hold on, now, let's not forget that my wife is Southern. There's a lot of things that Southern white people, even though they might have issues with black people, do exactly the same thing people do.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're listening, we want to know, no matter what your ethnicity, if you use a wash cloth in the shower, please us up on Instagram and let us know if if you're washing now now you said washing your legs, jo, Well, I definitely think that I neglect my legs in the shower. You know, I throw a little something down there, But I don't like get in there with a wash clo.
Speaker 2: You need to get in there with a wash cloth.
Speaker 1: What about your toes? Do you clean your toes?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Man, you clean your whole body with it.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: Don't hold on, don't go to the ass and the genitals right away. Wash your body.
Speaker 1: Save that for the end.
Speaker 2: You save that for the end.
Speaker 1: Yes, So you have to replace the wash cloth each shower, Well, I mean because you got to. You might have a little dodo on it if you get in there deep, if you get in there and then you come back and all of a sudden you're righting. Do do all of your eggs?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, but that listen. It all depends on how well you wipe your ass too though. Okay, so if you got doodo in the crack your ass when your showering, I.
Speaker 1: Feel no matter how well you wipe, if you stick a washcloth, you know, a quarter of an inch in your aus, you're gonna get a little poo on it, and I don't want to put that on my legs.
Speaker 2: So let me get this straight. When you are washing your body, you stick your finger a quarter of an inch in you.
Speaker 1: No, I'm saying if I had no, I don't. But I'm saying, if I had a washcloth, if I have the barrier mitt of a washcloth, I would probably inspired. I'd be inspired to get in there and just get the inner rim a little. No, you know, No, No, Joelle is the test audience, and she's cracking up. Listen, listen. When I clean my sink, donald for the most time, I just you know, I clean the bottom of the sink, get all the stuff to go in the drain. Like once a week, I take a scrub and I really get the rim of the drain hole. So I'm talking about that.
Speaker 2: Oh, got it, got it, got it, got it. So let me get this straight. You'll wash your dishes, the things that you eat off of, with something right that's not your hand.
Speaker 1: Yes, So you're inspiring me. Both you and Joel are making me think that I got to change this up. I'm forty five years old. I'm going to change my whole shower routine.
Speaker 2: Man, We've had this conversation for a very long time, I know, and I haven't changed it yet.
Speaker 1: I know, well I have done it. I've gone through periods where I where where I where I bring a wahcloth in, But then I'm like, oh, I gotta change in each shower. That's a lot of wash cloths.
Speaker 2: What about like one of those scrub puffs or like one of those a loofaofa a loofa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm not trying to put a loof of between my cheeks scratch my shirt up.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry everybody. I hope you're listening on earphones. I hope you're listening on earphones and not out loud. By the way, I gotta tell you, I'm listening to I'm watching the funniest fucking show. I gotta give this show a shout out. And also because it's on Hulu. One of our sponsors they love this called Dave and it's Little Dicky. It's Little Dickie. I didn't know anything about Little Dickie.
Speaker 2: You haven't heard. I woke up. Then Chris Brown's body No, oh, he has a song with him and Chris Brown where he wakes up one day and he's Chris Brown and Chris Brown is him.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna watch. I'm gonna watch all the videos.
Speaker 2: But dude, you have to watch Freaky Friday.
Speaker 1: You have to watch Joelle. Have you seen this show? You guys have to watch the show. It is so fucking funny.
Speaker 2: Ye, and then Dicky is funny.
Speaker 1: Man, it's a but Donald. You will love it. It's our totally our sense of humor. I didn't know. I didn't know this guy at all. I'm sorry that I'm not hiptote little Dickie. I've seen the billboards are all over LA. I didn't even like the billboards. No offense to the advertising camp.
Speaker 2: You didn't like little Dicky hanging out of underwear.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: I was like, I saw that billboard, which is all over Los Angeles. It's little Dickie hanging out of a pair of boxers like he's a penis. And I did not. I was like, that's definitely not for me. And then enough people start, including Bill Lawrence and uh and somebody else told me about the show. We binged it. It is so fucking funny. We were sad it was over. Wow, and it's heartfelt. It's one of those things, you know, like you know obviously like the show we're talking about where you're laughing at something so preposterous one minute, and then they find a way to put put hard into it. And he talks all about how fucked up his penises and we were like, you know, it can't be that bad.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: I literally I turned to Mike Gallon, I said, do you think this is all fiction? Or is he really have this messed up a penis? He doesn't mean small, I mean it's small, but also like born with like birth defects that he had to have fixed and which messed it up more. And so right before this podcast, I was googling. I was like embarrassing, laughing at myself. I'm like, is little Dickie's dick really fucked up? And I found this article Like yeah, he was like, no, bullshit. He was born with all these problems with it and he had to have it repaired, and the repairs caused more problems. And he said it was like a super soaker and the pea was coming out to two holes and he has to plug one with his finger when he's at a urinal and all this crazy shit go, oh my gosh, he's got a problem. Penis.
Speaker 2: Little Dicky is a pretty he's a he's a very good rapper, and he's a very good basketball player too.
Speaker 1: He's very I know that's in the show, and he's very funny and all of a sudden, you know who's hysterical on the show is uh Benny Blanco plays himself and he's hilarious. I mean, I've never seen the guy act before and he's just the natural. I mean, you cast him in in a show that had nothing to do with playing himself and bier Bieber does a cameo. Anyway, that's my long plug for Dave. You guys, I think that if I'm Dave Yeah, Hi, I'm Dave Donald. I'm telling you you're gonna watch this when we hang up today, Joelle, you two you guys will crack.
Speaker 2: Up when we're done with the podcast and I put the kids down tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's definitely not for It's definitely not for your kids because it's super r rated. But it's funny. Shit, there's amazing supporting cast and it sounds like I'm like, was paid to do an ad for it. But I'm just sharing with you that I loved.
Speaker 7: It right on.
Speaker 2: Should we get into our show.
Speaker 1: Let's get into the show.
Speaker 2: Awesome, Awesome, we're talking about got My Drug Buddy, My drug Buddy.
Speaker 1: Great episode. Michael spiller Is is back as director, and Matt one of our favorites. Matt Tarsus is what we we Jews call a mensh just a really sweet heart of a human being. And Matt Tarsus and I made a TV show. It's gonna be a whole. It's all gonna come full circle. We made a TV show called alex Inc. That only went ten episodes because you know, it didn't really click with the fans and didn't work. But we worked on it together and it was about making a podcast, and now here I made a podcast with you, and the podcast we made is more successful on the darn TV show we made.
Speaker 2: That's that's sometimes how it works out, Buddy.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: Now we're going on the view and that right now we're going on a view for a podcast. I haven't been on the view ever.
Speaker 1: Really, you're going on the view for a podcast. Yeah, yeah, Well, don't get into a fight with Megan McCain. You know she gets all riled up.
Speaker 2: I'm not I don't talk politics.
Speaker 1: Yea, and me too.
Speaker 6: We not.
Speaker 1: We're not to talk any politics. We don't want anyone mad at us.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not that I don't want anyone mad at it at me. I don't want to get mad at anyone else.
Speaker 1: I just don't want to let people get all riled up. That's why I don't do politics on here. I don't do politics on Instagram.
Speaker 2: I hate it. I hope wasting that energy on somebody and having to listen to people's, uh, their opinions. That's my opinion, my opinion, Bam in your face.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm barely even reading Twitter anymore, because it's just the most It's like the most agro insane place if you were if it were a town, you would never go to that town.
Speaker 2: Ever you get into a fight, it'd be the town that you go to when you're ready to fight. Listen, So this one's called my drug buddy. Great artis great episode. You know what I noticed though, is that I didn't laugh out loud that much, but I still had great feelings. Like when the show was over, I was still like, that was such a good episode. But I didn't have moments.
Speaker 1: Rather, we didn't laugh out loud. You didn't laugh aloud when kelseol Judy's trying to get in the car and Kelsel rolls down the window like a quarter inch. That shit was hilarious.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't laugh at that, you know I did laugh. There was one moment where I laughed out loud. What you owe me twenty bucks made me laugh so hard. Yeah, that was when the janitor comes up at the end, after you've gotten you know, after you and.
Speaker 1: Let's about what about don't look no, no, no, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well I've seen you do that for I've seen you do that for twenty something years now, since I met you. You've been doing that.
Speaker 1: That's my shit. Everyone, Yeah, that is I was not That was not written by the legendary Bill Lawrence or this men she met Tarsis. You've heard about hiding nipples all me. Okay, So you taste like eggs. So we wait, we see we wake up next to that, we still haven't had sex. JD and an Alex. That's the point of the episode, is we we never done the deed. We wake up. She says, I taste like old eggs, and she likes she likes old eggs. Do you remember you've been in a relationship forever, But do you remember trying to hold your your morning breath from somebody new?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Never, no, Oh, I always do. I always did. You know back when you know when something's new and you're like, you don't want them to think like you pooh, you fart, you you ever could have bad breath. You're like trying to present the best version of yourself.
Speaker 2: Now, what you see is what you get. Really, Yeah, and I am I and and and that sometimes is a problem. I'm who I am from the beginning to the end of the relationship. So what makes you better, what makes you fall for me is the same thing as the reason why you broke up with me? Most likely all of this. Oh he has potential ship No no, no, no, it stops at the door you walk in. It's bullshit.
Speaker 1: Though you've been fixed up, you were Casey fixed your ass up a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kate, Well, Casey's a different story. I said from the beginning to the end. I'm still in this.
Speaker 1: So you're still a work in progress, is what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Look, and I've done what JD's done before too, where I've watched you know, my wife's sleep and just looked at her like, well, I can't believe she's my romantic. I've done that a couple of times. I'm not gonna lie. And then there's a times rab.
Speaker 1: Casey listened to the podcast.
Speaker 2: By the way, no, of course not. The only time Casey listens to the podcast is when I'm like, I talked about you on the podcast and she's like, oh you did did you let me listen to the podcast?
Speaker 1: Well, she's gonna love what you just said. That was very romantic.
Speaker 2: It's the truth.
Speaker 1: Oh that's sweet. How about this monkey? How about this monkey? In the March? Bill was so into weird animals. I mean we had we always had weird animals on the show.
Speaker 2: But I love it. I love monkeys.
Speaker 1: I love I love monkeys too. And I don't know why. I guess that monkey was not performing because he's so sped up. It's like weird, Like, I guess he you know, it's a lot to ask a monkey to clap cymbals, but but he did it.
Speaker 7: He did it.
Speaker 2: Did you see the video of that monkey trying to kidnap that kid?
Speaker 1: Oh? What's up?
Speaker 2: So there's a video on Instagram of a monkey riding a bike. He jumps off the bike like a gangster, grabs an infant and snatches it up and tries to run off with this little baby.
Speaker 1: Where is this taking place.
Speaker 2: I don't know where. There's it wherever They got monkeys riding on bicycles in the street.
Speaker 4: God snatches the monkey. The monkey snatches the baby and rides away, and somebody's like, hey, hey, hey, And then a monkey like kind of gets scared that he's seen.
Speaker 2: Trying to steal a baby. Right now, Dan, you can totally ride along.
Speaker 1: Oh it's only fifteen seconds. I'm watching now.
Speaker 7: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: Why's the monkey taking the kid?
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Indonesia, Indonesiaia. Don't bring your kid to Indonesia.
Speaker 2: They will rob they will steal your kid.
Speaker 1: They're climbing in your window. They snatched.
Speaker 2: Kids.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the monkey gangs fighting. I don't know if it's Indonesia or where, but there's this place where there's always tourism and people are always feeding all these monkeys, and because of the pandemic, nobody's feeding these hundreds and hundreds of monkeys, so they're getting in like turf wars. The gangs of different monkeys are like getting into street brawls over the scraps of food because there's no tourists feeding them.
Speaker 2: This sounds like a movie.
Speaker 1: Have you guys seen that one, Joel or Dane?
Speaker 2: I have not. I've seen. This reminds me of like Watership Down or something like that, where the Hares go at it with each other.
Speaker 1: Dan's gonna find out video down because now you got to see my viral monkey video.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can't wait to see it now.
Speaker 1: When you say that's what I'm talking about, first time ever, first first time ever, you didn't laugh at yourself.
Speaker 2: I did no, because I say it, I say it in real life all the time.
Speaker 1: That was kind of like you're what you're talking about, Willis?
Speaker 2: That was I was what you're talking about. Willis.
Speaker 1: Listen, you gotta have a catchphrase.
Speaker 2: And I did have one. You had one too, I didn't intend.
Speaker 1: To what was mine? Eagle egle? By the way, speaking of my catchphrase, one of which was nobody cares Sean. I had so much people on Instagram writing how could you guys have a Sean on the show and not say to him nobody cares Sean. But listen, we have the real Scott Foley coming on.
Speaker 2: I'a uh. And is it true that we got Brendan Fraser coming on too?
Speaker 1: I didn't know we were gonna tell the people, but yes, we got Brendan Fraser coming on.
Speaker 2: I'm really excited about that.
Speaker 1: Everybody wants to be on this hot podcast, you know, the one that's going on the view. Everybody wants to talk about the hottest podcast.
Speaker 2: Is it true that Krista Miller's coming on too?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got Christa Miller, we got we got coming, we got Neil Flynn, we got Johnny c McGinley coming back. We got Billet for our finale of season one. You guys, you're getting all of this fucking inside scoop on this episode. We're gonna have Bill and Krista on together.
Speaker 2: Oh I love it. So they can if we can, we should see if we can get like the whole cast on at one point and do like a The only.
Speaker 1: Thing about that is, if you've ever been on a zoom call with more than like four people, it just devolves into mayhem. I mean, yeah, we could do it. It's it's just I did a zoom call with like my family for somebody for my own birthdays sorry about to say for somebody's We've done it for a couple of birthdays. But like everyone's talking over everyone, and my parents don't know how to use it, and and everybody's screaming over each other. I you know, it doesn't work. But no, but but but but you're right, Donald, I want to give to people what they want.
Speaker 2: They might want us to like read a script or something like that. Maybe we could do something like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I know, but Bill's not gonna go write a fucking Scrubs episode right now. He's too busy. Okay, he's got like nine shows. Hey, look at that video. Dan just put it in the chat. They want that tourist food.
Speaker 2: Yeo. Yeah, they're chas enough to do it with their.
Speaker 1: Who hell no, that's rival monkey gangs.
Speaker 2: Hell to the no, hell no.
Speaker 1: All right, so there we go.
Speaker 2: We had a monkey on the episode.
Speaker 1: Yes, sorry, tell us a long digression.
Speaker 2: We had a monkey that was in the episode of Scrubs.
Speaker 7: Was so long.
Speaker 1: That was a long digression.
Speaker 2: My drug buddy hasn't a monkey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now okay, how about uh, how about keep it holy?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: That was funny, Aloma fifty.
Speaker 2: Keep it holy? Now that one and the janitor asking you if you slept with her yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a whole runner, the whole runner of the episode. The janitor's whole point in this episode is to make fun of me for not sleeping with my girlfriend. With your hot girlfriend, by the way, I feel like that's a thing when JD gets these hot girlfriends and then somehow doesn't close and never sleeps with them. Remember when I get I got actually with with with Liz Banks, I think we had had sex, but the time I got her pregnant, we we didn't have intercourse. Remember I said there was some, there was some, There was some. You know, I forgot the analogy, but this whole elaborate thing about how there was there was fire that landed near the sight the site. I wonder if you can really I mean, I guess you all we can really get pregnant that way.
Speaker 2: I mean, if we put it on the show, it's probably true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, someone must have googled it. But what a horrible thing to have happened.
Speaker 2: You know, I also love that your grace and will and grace, you're not will your grace.
Speaker 1: Yeah that makes sense. I laughed how loud, like I said at four twenty two when Kelso rolls down the window and inch for Judy. By the way, I totally don't remember at all this Kelso Judy storyline, but I thought it was very funny. Yeah, and they were both really good together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have good chemistry.
Speaker 1: Also says I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 1: It means she doesn't give a crap a.
Speaker 2: Cheeto, right, Yeah, it was a great moment.
Speaker 1: I noticed at six oh four, I'm in the on call room with Alex Liz Bogish and Sarah comes in and mentions the missing percocet, and if you know the end of the episode, you track her face, she's got a very guilty face on.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That was like I said, Man, we always dropped clues, you know. And the way she deflected it was by saying, you know, like when watching it this time around, knowing how the out knowing what the outcome was, I was like, oh my gosh, she just totally gave it away just now. Yeah, she totally winked at the camera like I did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, but it's funny any time you know them the end of the movie or a TV show and you go back, you'll hopefully see some little clues. Of course, I never watched this probably I probably only watched this episode once. I never noticed it. But this time watching it back, I noticed that either it was her choice or Spiller directed her to give a little bit of a look. But she definitely gives a look like oshit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that doesn't usually, That's what I'm trying to say. Usually, you know, a lot of movies you go back and you can't you can't find you know, somebody whoever wrote it, or television shows too, you go back and you can't find where it all tracked from. It doesn't always track. You know, who's really good at tracking things are like, you know, James Franco and Seth Rogan and them when they write movies, like when I saw This is the End, Franco gives you the whole plot in the beginning of the movie of what the movie is gonna be, and you don't listen to it necessarily because you're just you're waiting for the laughs. And at the end of the movie it's it's exactly what he said to Rogan in the beginning. He's like, no, this is gonna happen. This happens, And then at the end Danny eats me and then it happens in the movie Will We Do That?
Speaker 1: But been a special case where you didn't track it because you were high off your ass.
Speaker 2: That's another thing that I've stopped recently. Ganja, you talked about how you know you eat unhealthy and you went on this fast because.
Speaker 7: I gave you.
Speaker 1: I gave you a pep talk about your diet.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well you also talked about it on the on the podcast where you were like, you know you we made all of this pizza and then finally we were like, we're gonna get healthy. He just showed me his abs. Yes, me, Dan and Joel his abs. They looked good.
Speaker 1: If Dan and Joel want to be inspired as well, they can be very nice.
Speaker 2: Anyway, you talked about it, and I was like, well, I'm doing so many horrible things, like I made fried chicken last night.
Speaker 1: You sent me a picture of you eating fried chicken. How is that going to help your diet?
Speaker 2: It was delicious. By the way, I'm really good at cooking now, but I can only cook bad foods, you know what I mean. And so I was like, I gotta cut this out. And so I've decided, Oh, so you gave up weed last night. You know how it is with me when I give you these speeches, Donald is it's not like I've been off of it for you know, a week. Donald stop smoking weed literally less than.
Speaker 1: An hour ago. Donald is so funny. This is classic Donald Faizon to be like, yo, yo, I stopped smoking weed. I'll be like, oh man, good for you, good for you when this morning.
Speaker 2: I woke up this morning.
Speaker 1: But the crazy frustrating thing about you that I fucking hate is when when Donald commits to get in shape, he can do it in like a month. He'll be ripped, like he will go so hardcore, he'll work out every day, he'll totally change his diet and then you'll see him and he'll be like, holy shit, you did that in four weeks, and that spoiled your ass, because now you know, in an emergency, like if you get some part where you gotta be looking good, you can fucking do it so fast.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: So, if you're list Marvel Star Wars, if you're listening and you're ever, if you're ever thinking about hiring Donald Fazon, who I am?
Speaker 1: Who I am?
Speaker 2: Come up?
Speaker 1: Who I am?
Speaker 2: And you're like, ah, but he looks like he's out of shape right now, know that all it takes is one month and I'm yours.
Speaker 1: Did you see Kamal?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he looks amazing.
Speaker 1: Fucking hell man, he looks amazing. He went all out. He looks like an action figure.
Speaker 2: He does look like an action figure. He looks well. It suits him too. It doesn't look bad on him either.
Speaker 1: And I like the fact that he shouted out his whole team that did it, because I think sometimes these these famous actor types, they show what they did and they don't say like, oh and I had a chef and I had a trainer, because yeah, you gotta be honest with people and say like, hey, I had a team helped me with this. And I like I liked when he revealed it on Instagram that he that he shouted out everybody that helped him.
Speaker 2: Right, it's not something that you can do by yourself. I don't know how The Rock does it, but I'm sure the Rock has too.
Speaker 1: He's a zillionaire. He's got it. He literally he literally literally puts up a gym wherever he goes. He's got a tent, like a wedding tent gym that that gets set up wherever he goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Iron Paradise.
Speaker 1: Should we get back to the episode Donalds, let's do it the love of God? Yeah, I thought at seven oh five it was funny. They're on the when they're online at the coffee shop. The guy's wearing a giant headset like his kind of dates the show at two thousand and one or whatever. He's wearing like a full on like megaphone headset. Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it a headset so he can call out orders over?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, no no. This was was a guy online. Remember she Judy gets in a fight.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's right, and he's on the phone.
Speaker 1: Right, But this is before the headsets got tiny.
Speaker 2: Right, he had the Janet Jackson went on, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Or like the or what is it? What was the boy band and syk or whatever that you have the bige bye bye, yeah, coming up, big headsets. So John C and I you're on a sign please schedule. Has that ever happened to you? Uh? No, me, neither.
Speaker 2: I've never had to go to the bathroom at the same time as another man consistently, Like I've gone to the bathroom and and another man has been in the bathroom. But I didn't go back to the bathroom four more times that day and see same dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's awkward. I really hate I agree with Johnny C. I don't like fucking urinal banter.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure side contact either.
Speaker 1: No, And I'm sure someone like you being in the public eye sometimes you have people that want to fist bump you and talk to you in the men's room.
Speaker 2: That's no, no, no, no, has that happened to you before?
Speaker 1: I just want to want to do it hit people want to do hip hop hugs. People want to fist bump.
Speaker 2: Nope, dude. I remember one time, this dude, we're at the urinal and he's like, dude, I love your work. And I was like, oh shit, okay cool. And then we go to the sink uh oh, and he's like and we're washing our hands and he's like, I'm telling you right now, man, is so good. You shine in like a gold diamond right now, like a gold diamond.
Speaker 1: I was the kiss is a good kisser.
Speaker 2: He was a great kisser. Not a great cuddler, but great kisser.
Speaker 1: I don't think you know, it's fine. I don't want to talk when I'm at the urinal, like if you're by the way, you speaking of headsets, you see dudes like on their phone at the urinal and they're like, no, Jim, I told you, and they're like, they're like shaking their dick and then they're like then they pull out their phone while they're peeing and they got their dick dangling and they're like checking their Instagram. That's not my style.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that sounds horrible.
Speaker 1: Now I notice you and Johnny. I guess it's to hide penis for the camera, but you're standing very close. And even Joel commented on this in her notes that she said, dude guy, Joel said, quote, do guys really stand that clothes to the urinal? And I want to be like, no, Joel, No, I mean I get this, the camera angle you had to hide your junk. Women probably want to know this. But there's all different types of urinals. There's you know, at the stadium there's like just a trough, right, and then at that like a high end restaurant, they'll be like a border that like blocks like, no, this is MySpace, you can't look into my shit right now. And nowadays to put a little you know, it's funny they put something for men to aim for, because studies have found that when men have something to aim at, they're way less likely to splash everywhere. So now in the urinals they put like an etched little bug or a little bull's eye, and you're supposed to I mean, it's not, it's not. It doesn't say please aim for the bug. You just your brain is like, I'm a hit that fucking fake bug. And the physics of it. If you aim for that bug perfectly, you're least likely to splash all over the floor, right.
Speaker 2: I always wonder how that happens, you know what I mean. You get on you get on a plane and you go into the bathroom and a plane and somebody has just like shipped their brains out in the bath flow like, and you're like, what the fuck, dude explode. I remember one time some lady came at the One time, this young lady came out of the bathroom and I saw when she came out she was in there for a while, but when she came out, I saw that she was She had the moment of I should tell you not to go in, but I'm not gonna say anything because I'm a little embarrassed, and I went into the bathroom and it was everywhere everyone, and I was like, what do you do? And I wanted to come out and be like.
Speaker 1: That happened, right, What did you do? What did you eat? Did you have the fish?
Speaker 2: So when I walked by her going back to my seat, when I walked by her, I just looked at her and shook my head, No, you did it. I was like with disapprovement.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fucked up. Yeah, listen, have you ever gone into a bathroom like an like an airplane bathroom and it's just horrible, like someone just destroyed it and you you didn't You just gonna peel or whatever and get out. And then you were like as you come out, the person in line, and you feel like you want to tell him like, I didn't do that. I need you to know, especially when you're in the public eye, You're like, you don't want you to go home and tell your friends like Donald He's on destroyed that fucking airline bathroom. So you got to be like, hey, I just went Pete, I had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 2: In there. I'll even come out and be like you need to get the stewardess because whoever was in their last you need to get the flight attendant, because whoever was in their last totally messed up.
Speaker 1: I had nothing to do with the stalag tights on the ceiling, right.
Speaker 2: So when Johnny ces banging his head on the wall, I remember, they cut a hole in the wall into the other room and then put up a gym matt had Yeah, yeah, no, a matt, a gym matt, and then covered the wall again with uh set wall, yeah, whatever the set wall was, and they covered it up so that he could bang his wall and not get a concussion. And if I remember correctly, because that bathroom that we were in was actually two where they cut a hole in the wall and then just put a fake urinal again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's how they got that shot of you. There's a shot of you straight on and the plumbing of the of the urinals in the foreground. They could have never gotten that shot if that wall wasn't removable, or or they could have rigged that little plumbing thing right in front of the camera. I don't know what they did.
Speaker 2: Also, the hospital didn't have bathrooms like that, if you recall.
Speaker 1: Right, it didn't have shared men's rooms like that right, right, yeah, right.
Speaker 2: Or and if it did, If it did, they put the urinals on the wall, you had to go into a stall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's very hard. It's very hard to shoot in a bathroom anyway. So but yeah, so you and Johnny, that's the whole arc is actually there's a lot more to the arc. It's we were revealed. I never remembered at all that it was this blatant that Cox had a whole thing for for Carlo.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, you guys have it out, you know at the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's what I was trying to tell Johnny, and he was like I didn't believe it. I'm like, all right, well whatever, man, But.
Speaker 1: Well when we have him on, he's coming back on, so we gotta we can ask him about this, right. I laughed when you went, I went. I laughed when you went. You're my little peabody, right right.
Speaker 2: I remember, I remember when we were shooting this. This is when I was like wow. And I even said to him, Johnny, don't intimidate me. And he was like, I'm not intimidating you, man, don't you know, shut the fuck up with that. And I was like, you're right. Let me, just let me do my work. And I remember being very excited to work with john because I, you know, this, this was really my first moment ever that we had multiple scenes together.
Speaker 1: And your first story arc together, right, and so we.
Speaker 2: Were working together multiple days. It wasn't just one day of filming, and we got to develop some form of timing together because we didn't necessarily have that at this point.
Speaker 1: So wait, when you started this episode, you said to him like, don't intimidate me.
Speaker 2: We were doing a scene, the scene where we're face to face, and Johnny is an intimidating person, and he you know, but he was in character.
Speaker 1: He's supposed to be trying to intimidate you.
Speaker 2: Right, But as as a young actor who's working with somebody you admire and you're doing stuff like that, you know, I I got nervous and I was and I you know, I mumbled out, come on, man, don't intimidate me. And he's like, shut the fuck up, I'm not intimidating you just do the scene.
Speaker 1: And I was like, you're actually right, right, good?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So it so it worked out because I think you guys are really great together. It's very funny Johnny you know, he always was kind of you know, think about it in when he was on set kind of in character as Cocks, he was always kind of like, you know, he's one of those guys, you know, some actors, not like on the Daniel de Lewis level, you hear where someone's like you have to call him President Lincoln. But like he was always you know, he was always kind of you know a lot of people stay kind of roughly many, but Tanken did that and wish I was here. You know, he would you know, he would be on set, he'd kind of be being the guy even when you weren't shoot, and then you'd call rap and he'd be like, hey, that was a great day, man, see you tomorrow, and big hug, and he was like and Johnny, Johnny. I feel was like that he would kind of, you know, he was always kind of, don't you think, kind of stay a little bit in the Cox character.
Speaker 2: And I think and I think that's what everybody interprets as he's intense and stuff like that, and and and why people are nervous when they work with him for the first time because they misconstrue that as this dude is one hundred percent method, or this dude is an asshole, or this dude's just too intense for me, and what he was doing was just being Cox when Cox is in the hospital. When we work together, you know, I was very excited to work with the man. I thought it was I and I love the way the story arc ends. I love that we you know, he's trying to hide it from everyone that he's in love with Carla, and we figure it out, and you and I figure it out. But she hasn't figured it out yet, and so, which is really weird.
Speaker 1: Carla not know that Johnny, No, she doesn't.
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like women know right away, and so no, I think that's bullshit.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of women are like, we're just friends, and I want to be like, have you not seen when Harry met Sally? Watch that ship?
Speaker 2: I think they say we're just friends to push you into a friends into the friend zone. Anytime a woman goes, no, we're just friends, she knows what's going on, and I disagree.
Speaker 1: I disagree. No no no, no no no no no wait wait wait wait wait wait, Before Joel answers, I want to say something I'm not talking about. I'm talking about how many times have you spoken to a woman, whether it be your wife or a girlfriend or someone else in your life, and you go, you know that guy, straight guy friend you have wants to sleep with you, right, And they're like, what, No, we're just friends.
Speaker 2: My wife doesn't have any straight friends.
Speaker 1: Right, guys, well back in the day she might have and she does.
Speaker 2: No, she doesn't.
Speaker 1: All right, well back in the.
Speaker 2: Day, other than you should I tell her that you want to sleep? What are I would?
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding. Just good, She fine as hell, she is fun. No, no, but you know what I'm talking about. You, well, do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 6: I do know what you're talking about. And I think it depends on the person. I don't think we can we can paint the entire female gender as being aware or unawares. I think there've definitely seen some ladies in their time, you know, use the sexual attraction to their advantage and be like, oh, I don't know, we're just friends.
Speaker 2: We're not that they knew.
Speaker 6: But I've also seen plenty of women who were just like wait what because I just thought we were just vibing.
Speaker 2: I thought your friends were right.
Speaker 1: I think that when Harry met Sally is a really great articulation for this. It's like, if you're friends for a certain amount of time, and let's say you're a man and woman, and you're both heterosexual and and let's say single at the time, I just I just have trouble believing that one one of those parties isn't attracted to the other.
Speaker 2: I agree with you one hundred percent. Feel like somebody is always attracted. Look, I don't. I don't. I can't. I can't sit here and say I have, you know, other than people colleagues that I work with. I can't have like a girlfriend that I call up and I'm like, yeah, all right, of.
Speaker 1: Course, not notinety more. Dude, you're married and it is inappropriate. But I'm saying, back in the day.
Speaker 2: Now, I wanted to sleep with them. Yeah, that's honest. That's the honest to goodness joy. Back in the day, if I.
Speaker 1: Had a long way around the block to get to that.
Speaker 2: But back in the day, if I had a friend and she was a.
Speaker 1: Girl, yeah, and she was attractive and you were attracted to her, she.
Speaker 2: Didn't necessarily even have to be the hottest person on the plane. Listen, friends, it's not about it's not about looks. It's also about how the person you know makes you laugh, and how they make you feel and stuff like that. All of that goes into what's attractive to you, you know what I mean? Like Zach, you aren't the most beautiful man on the planet. But if you were a.
Speaker 1: Female, Dan, what are you talking about? Would have got married?
Speaker 2: You would have got married.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I have the weirdest boner right now. Oh, should we get back to the episode. Should probably take.
Speaker 2: A break, Let's go do it.
Speaker 1: Let's take a break. I gotta cool down, I gotta tell a cold shower. It's been brought to my attention that when we come back from break, Dan, that you've chosen the section of the song that's the old one without the MM and but before you correct it. I've had people tell me on Instagram they like it because they know it's not going to be there, and they do them themselves to the song.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, So you.
Speaker 1: Might be saying you did that on purpose. Dan.
Speaker 2: I find it amazing that the it is so important to everyone. I get it, I get it, I get it. It's amazing to me that without it, some of you get very upset.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I like our fan our fan participation. I gotta tell you, they weigh in nationally passionately. Yeah, you know they were talking about today. Someone asked me, when are you guys gonna do merch? And I said, oh, it's funny. We were just kind of shooting the shit about that. What do you guys want? And I had like dozens and dozens of people saying they want Donald on a beach towel. They want I would love to have you on a beach towel.
Speaker 2: It's that episode, people, it is that episode.
Speaker 1: I would well, no, no, I don't mean stop no, I moved on from the homerotesism. I'm just saying, your cute face on a beach towel would be delightful. Or a mug. I was thinking a mug. That's your face, right, and then when you pour hot water and it changes to my face.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Joelle, you like that, right, that's hilarious. That's probably gonna cost a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would you know?
Speaker 1: It's funny most most podcasts. I didn't realize from podcasts like merch was important, but I guess a lot of podcasts sell like mugs and T shirts. And then when they ask it, I know, but when they when I heard, asked us, what do you guys want to sell that? Like Donald and I were like, oh, mugs. The change color tells teky neckles is like the most elaborate shit. They were like, well, we were thinking mugs.
Speaker 2: We were thinking maybe pin, like a pin or something like that. How about like a button like that says fake doctor's real friends on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about a button.
Speaker 2: I do like the idea of T shirts and stuff like, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have a very fun I just have funny Ice was laughing about funny merch ideas. I guess it's a T shirt or a mug.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have a question, let's get back to the show. I have a question.
Speaker 1: Is it is it asking me to sing from Pippin? Because I'm prepared?
Speaker 2: I warmed, No, I was going to go into Pippen, but we can go into Pippin app.
Speaker 1: Everything has it sees hon go ahead?
Speaker 2: Oh god, I want to go.
Speaker 1: It was my audition song when I was a child.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, for those who don't know, Zach Brath is heavily into musical theater. He's so heavily into.
Speaker 1: Music, not really anymore, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: He's so heavy or he us so heavily into musical theater. When he was a kid, he went away to camp, Yeah, theater camp that was musical theater camp.
Speaker 1: Yeah called stage door Manner and my father, my father said, as I was packing for musical theater camp, he said, well, I, I guess you don't need to bring a mint.
Speaker 2: A baseball mit.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, Dad, but hand hand me over my my Ben nine makeup kit because we're gonna work on under eye. We're gonna work on how to do Southern freckles.
Speaker 2: So because of that, was this something that? Was this something that you wrote? Was this your joke that you wrote?
Speaker 1: No, but it's hilarious.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a great joke.
Speaker 1: I wish I wrote it.
Speaker 2: My son. I was to see my nephew tonight and Pippin, who is he playing?
Speaker 1: It's a loon. It's almost delivery like it the Alma's delivery has a little bit of like, how dare you imply that my nephew is not the lead? She's like Pippin.
Speaker 2: Now Pippen in the original Broadway.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna know this, are you?
Speaker 2: Was played by Ben Vereen in my career.
Speaker 1: No, no, the very good, very good fuck up and thank you for asking. The original Pippen was played by Michael Weston's father, John Rubinstein.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: For those who don't know, Michael Weston played private dancer run Scrubs and he was in my film Garden Statium. He was in my film Wish I was here. He's a wonderful actor.
Speaker 2: He was also in the other movie you did with all those other actors, Casey Affleck and oh yeah.
Speaker 1: The Last Kiss. He was in the Last Kiss. Michael and I have done. We used to live together, a.
Speaker 2: Couple of movies. You've done like four movies together now, Yeah, Ben Veren. Best song in the show, Join us, leave your feels to flower, join us, leave yo cheese to so.
Speaker 1: Join us, Come and waste our auto too, dude ly do ELLUSI me. So it's a really it's a really great show. And it's about a guy looking for trying to figure out who he wants to be and his very seventies and very sexual and I think Bob Fosse choreographed it. And anyway, so when I was a kid auditioning for musicals at like musical theater camp. I would do. One of Pippin' songs was this corner of the sky. Everything has its season, everything has its time. Show me a reason and I'll show you a rhyme. Right, pretty song. Wait, let me get to the chorus for you don't pour us. Get to the chorus.
Speaker 7: Do you remember it?
Speaker 1: Hold on, shut up? Rivers belong with they can ramble, Eagles belong with eagles. Eagles eagles, Eagles belong with they can fly. I've got to be where my spirit can run free. Gotta find by corner of the guy.
Speaker 2: Damn big round up plug man?
Speaker 1: Can you do thunderous applause?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 1: So, yeah, I did go to theater camp. I loved it. It's actually what started my acting career. And uh, you know it was like you going to that fame school.
Speaker 2: How did you find out about theater camp? That's the question.
Speaker 1: Like I didn't want to go to you know, I was my dad was doing community theater and he's a lawyer, but his hobby was he was always in the plays and he was amazing. You know, you knew my dad. He was charming and funny and he was always always got the leads. So I would go as a little kid and you know, eight years old and watch my dad in the local play be the lead and make everybody laugh. And I was like, I told you this. I was like, I want to be this, this is a job, like I want to be a part of this. And then the normal camp. Again, normal camps had so much to do with like sports, it wasn't like exciting me. And my parents were like, you know, there are theater camps, and I was like, go on, and I went to one called Bravo first, and then that one closed down, and then I went to a stage or which is still alive and very very much alive. It's like the most popular one. At twelve eighteen, when I say to Elliott, I'm sorry, but you had your chance with me, I literally said out loud, oof, Like I told you. I've been writing down my my, my lols. I literally wrote down oof wow, Like that was so fucked up to say that.
Speaker 2: And not only was it fucked up, but it was just I mean, it's totally fucked up, but it's so below the belt, dude, it's.
Speaker 1: No who would say that. I mean, it's such a dicky thing to say.
Speaker 2: And even if she's not even if she's not jealous, you know what she turns out to be at the end. What a dick, dude, right, what a dick? Jd was such a dick for that. But it worked, It works.
Speaker 1: Fucked up thing is that it worked. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Thirteen fifty two. Cox knows your name first time he ever knows it.
Speaker 2: GUESSI.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he calls you Turk. He goes, your name's Turk.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, so right, right right, That's how he finds out I'm Turk. Your turk? Got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? When you show up, when you show up.
Speaker 2: To the surgical consult? Do you remember this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Do you?
Speaker 2: But do you remember it?
Speaker 1: I remember from what do you remember?
Speaker 2: How I couldn't get surgical consult right? And so I wrote the song did someone call for a surgical consult? And I did that for like twenty minutes before we shot this episode for this episode.
Speaker 1: Because there was a tongue twister surgical consult.
Speaker 2: Not only that, I just couldn't put together surgical consulet. Like I walked in the room a couple of times and was like, did somebody call for a And I didn't know what a surgical consult was. And so because I didn't know what a surgical consult was, I couldn't fath I couldn't put it together in my brain.
Speaker 1: So did someone explain to you what a surgical consult was? No?
Speaker 2: I just sang a song.
Speaker 1: See that's interesting. See Donald has uh, your way of learning would be like, I know what I'm gona do. I'm gonna turn that fucking into a song, and that's how you learned it.
Speaker 2: And that's what I did. Yeah, I remember, I remember the That was one of the first times in the show where I was like, I'm costing the crew all of this time right now because I can't get this line right. I went home and I know I studied this shit, but for some reason, this word sounds foreign to me. And so because it sounds foreign to me, I can't deliver it the way I want to deliver it. And so I sang it over and over and over again. And when it finally felt like I could throw it away and it wasn't something that I had to think about, no problem.
Speaker 7: Bam, that's good.
Speaker 1: That's a good trick. It's always good to have those little devices.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, we need them.
Speaker 1: I have a device that I learned where if you're trying to remember someone's name, you picture someone that you know from your past who has that name in their exact position, and then you can you'll always remember the person's name.
Speaker 2: Does that work?
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, tell you try it. If you're listening, you really got I gotta remember this guy's name. I want you to pick someone from your history, and let's say they're a barista at the Starbucks. You go through whatever, and you and you're like, oh my god, I know this guy. I gotta remember. Well, they have named tax doesn't count, but you know what I mean, someone who you're like, I really want to remember this person's name. Picture someone from your past, the weird and more eccentric, the better, in that exact spot, and then it'll lock in and he'll always remember their name.
Speaker 2: I have played myself the way JD played hisself when he was like when he went home that night and he put roses on the bed.
Speaker 1: You've done that, Oh dude.
Speaker 2: I remember one time. I'm not even sure if it was a definite thing, but this young lady who I was dating at the time, and we were pretty young, so you know, it took it wasn't like we were having sex, so we were leading up to that. I she was like, yeah, maybe I'll come over, and I was like, I'm gonna be romantic, okay. And I went to Pizza Hut because that's what I had money for, and I got two personal pan pizzas and I put it on the floor in my room at my mom's house. And I took the blanket off of my bed and put it on the floor. First of all, I cleaned my room.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Also, how old are you put the blanket? I don't want to talk about age ages.
Speaker 1: And it'd be funny if you were like, what do you mean thirty five?
Speaker 2: Right? Ages is important at this point. And I put a blanket down. I got a brick to hold the blanket down in the middle of the blanket and put candles on the brick, lit the candles, set up the pizzas with the soft drinks, and waited for her to come over. And she didn't come Oh. And when I look back, I remember calling her and be like, well, you didn't come over, and she was like, I told you, well, maybe i'd come over. And I took the maybe as she's coming over.
Speaker 1: Wow, And I and that young woman's name Rihanna.
Speaker 2: Right, And that young woman's name was Beyonce Knowles.
Speaker 1: I I once really liked a girl when I was living in Manhattan out of college, and I, I'm not much of a cook, but I asked my stepfather, who's a really good cook, for a recipe to impress this girl. And so I spent the whole day. This was first date I knew her. Though she was I knew her, but this was the first time I was asking around and we were going to meet at my apartment and then I was going to take her to circ to so let So I spent money on like circus light tickets. I didn't have, you know, I was a PA. I didn't have much money, and I spent the whole day. I was so excited. She came over and she was so upset, pissed off about her day and like rambling about her day and yeah, this happened, and my boss was dead. She barely even like acknowledged the fact that I had spent this entire day making her dinner.
Speaker 2: Did she well, did you say I spent the entire day making No.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to be like I didn't want to rub it in, but I was like, I made you dinner like this happens all the time when you're dating me, and uh, and didn't eat any of it. I think she nibbled on it and was unimpressed. And I never really made anyone food again.
Speaker 2: Did you take her to sark to silet?
Speaker 1: Yeah I did I but yeah, I took it a shirk to silt. And then I think, you know, she had a good time, and I think I got friend.
Speaker 2: Zoned and then you got friend zoned.
Speaker 1: Well, so there you go. And since then I never made anyone dinner again.
Speaker 2: I hear that. Let's take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after these fine words.
Speaker 6: Guys, we're gonna let the fan in now.
Speaker 2: Oh, what's up, guds?
Speaker 1: Welcome actors, real friends. Let's Joelle do a formal introduction. Now that we're all here, we have our manual.
Speaker 2: Oh, I stole it. I stole it.
Speaker 6: He works at a children's hospitals.
Speaker 1: That's so amazing, man. Thank you for being I imagine you're you're out there being a frontline worker as we speak.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, yes, And you know I wouldn't I'd be remiss if I had an introduced my roommate who also works in the hospital.
Speaker 7: He's an administrator the be A Hospital system.
Speaker 1: Wow, you guys are the perfect guest for our for the show. Wow, Joel, we're good producing. You got some solid guests.
Speaker 7: Joel's best.
Speaker 1: So what's it been like these days at a children's hospital, Because you know, we hear out in the world that children aren't getting affected as much, but then of course now we're hearing in New York some are and what's it what's it like these days?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it's funny.
Speaker 8: So during the height of the COVID epidemic, you know, we weren't getting as many kids, at least not as much. Like so I work in the ic you in the hospital, so we weren't getting as much in the ICU. But since but now lately we've been getting you know what they've been talking about then you used the whole systemic inflammatory response like.
Speaker 7: Post COVID type of thing.
Speaker 8: So that's like very interesting to see because you know, we weren't seeing a lot and people were saying kids weren't getting affected as much, and now we're seeing them come in with all these different symptoms and so you know, it's it's a learning experience, but we have seen something similar. It's similar to like the kawas hockey disease that they're talking about. We have an idea of how to like treat it, but it's just interesting to see that it's popping up now.
Speaker 2: You know, our kids making full I know there are some that that didn't make recoveries, but our kids making full recoveries. Like you hear about patients that get COVID and you know their bodies have been pretty much destroyed by the virus. Yeah, what about what the children? Are the children making the recovery with this new kawiski yeah thing. Yeah.
Speaker 8: So thankfully, most of the patients that I've taken care of personally have recovered. I mean, you know, there are some cases that I'm sure have not gone our way, but for the most part, from what I've been seeing personally, like, our patients have been recovering and a lot of them have been doing pretty well.
Speaker 1: When you went to nursing school, and you obviously could choose any area you chose, what I would imagine is the most hardcore thing being an ICU nurse at a pediatric hospital. I mean, you must have days where you're I mean you must have days where you're just emotionally crushed.
Speaker 8: So I chose pediatrics because when I was younger, I was you know, hospitalized for a bit, and so I remember, like, you know, all the nurses that took care of me, and so when I became a nurse, I kind of wanted to give back and take care of those patients. And it is very, you know, emotionally heavy sometimes, but you know, I work with such amazing people and you could always rely on that. And then I got right here, who's in a health field, so we could aways talk to him, and I got and I just let I have a good support network of people that I could always talk to and rely on if.
Speaker 7: I'm feeling down. And you know, thankfully we have more good days than bad days, and so you kind of rely on those to kind of get you through.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like the bad days are behind you right now? As far as far as what we're dealing with, I thought so. But with this new you know, Kawasaki thing, we're definitely seeing more paince that's like, you know, I see you. We're having more of those kind of patients in there, but thankfully a lot of them are doing good.
Speaker 7: So I remain hopeful still so well.
Speaker 1: I mean, I got to tell you I've spent some time in ICUs because I had a very sick sister and a very sick father. And you know when these icy U nurses, they're they're like superheroes. When you when you when you have someone who's just so responsive and so on it, you want to hug them because you know, by the time you're in an ICU, you know things are pretty dire. And yeah, and so I'm virtually hugging you right now. You're getting atual COVID proof hug.
Speaker 2: I'm doing it. It looks like I'm saying, what conda? That is a hug? That is a hug? What Conda? Forever? And a hug?
Speaker 1: Oh God? All right, do you guys have a question for U?
Speaker 2: For us?
Speaker 1: That's why we're here to do to answer any conditions. He's got he's got a book. You know, we have some people, we have some people, We have some people come on em Manuel and we asked him give a question the whole point of coming on the show. And they're like, what what now?
Speaker 2: Question now?
Speaker 1: A Manuel pulled out like a Manuel pulled out, a Manuel pulled out a binder, We.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, all right.
Speaker 8: So I know you guys had talked about why you guys are doing the show, bringing yourselves into the character and making it a little bit easier to play. But one thing I wanted to is there anything about the character that you played that you brought into your own personal lives?
Speaker 2: Is there anything about Turk that I brought into my own personal life?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bought j D.
Speaker 7: That's the best answer, actually, But.
Speaker 1: I brought out like think of like when you're adjusting a picture and you can crank the saturation.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I brought out Donald's feminine side. You did that, You did because when I first met Donald, he had a lot of this love of musicals and being silly and shit inside of him. But he was his front was like yo, yo, yo, let's go play basketball. And now look at me, he's fucking singing Pippin left and right.
Speaker 2: You know, I went to school with a bunch of theater kids and stuff like that, and I remember being like, oh, suckers, a bunch of theater kids, right, And now I look back at it and I'm like, I wish I was a theater They used to sing all of these songs and stuff like that, and I wanted to sing the songs. But you know, I was a sucker. I was just a sucker. And now I look at it and I'm like, yeah, you know, yeah, so there is that. There is that a lot of the things that JD and Turk did as best friends opened me up to be way more comfortable around men than I was before. Yeah, and not to say that I wasn't comfortable around men, but you know, it's different. It's way different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean, You're more comfortable just being whoever.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously correct me if I'm wrong, but what you're saying is you're more comfortable just being whoever you are. I think as young as young men, we have to put it up. We always put up all these uh you know, obviously I can't speak for the for the women's experience, but as a young man, you feel like you have to put up all these fronts like I'm tough and I'm straight and and uh and anything you did that was lightly slightly effeminate, you know, high school kids, middle school kids were like, oh, you're so fucking gay and all this shit. And I think what what I felt with with with scrubs and uh brought out in me. And I think Donald was like, all right, I'm just gonna be like whoever I am and be that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know I and I knew that it was an issue for other people when I made a comment when playing basketball. I made a comment like, you know, like I said some and silly, like my nipples are hard. And the dude that I was playing basketball with was like, yo, man, come on, man, man, what's going on with that? And I was like, oh, you have you you're not comfortable.
Speaker 1: You have your own issues.
Speaker 2: And then you're like, it's not my issue, that's your issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's a good answer. Don I don't know if I had top Donald's answer, but I will say, and this is not just because you're a hero. I see you, nurse. I think I brought a full on respect for what even even though we were faking it, what it's like to work in this profession, and such a respect for people who work in the medical field and how hard it is. And Donald and I had the luxury of pretending to be doctors and getting the fun of pretending to save lives and pretending to come to the rescue, and now you know, as a younger man when we were doing the show, I didn't have that many experiences. But then after living many more years and had more life experiences where I was just pleading with medical professionals to save important lives. To me, I think I had so much more respect and especially now with this COVID insanity and and people fighting back against medical professionals. I don't know if you saw that amazing shot of the nurse standing in the in the in the crosswalk when when there was like an anti COVID lock up protest, it reminded me of It reminded me of the of the guy standing in front of the the tank. Yeah, and I just thought, I don't know, I have so much respect and love for for nurses and doctors and EMTs and paramis. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a paramedic. I thought there's nothing more badass about flying down the street in an ambulance to come to.
Speaker 2: The I agree with that too. I take my health way more serious now, you know what I mean. Before I was very afraid to go to the hospital. There was something scary about going to the hospital, especially as an African American male. It seems like, you know, yeah, a lot of my relatives and everything didn't go to the hospital until it was the last resort. It's the last thing that I've tried, every home remedy I could do. Disinfection isn't going away. I'm gonna fight it. I'm gonna fight it. I'm gonna fight it. Holy cow, I can't feel my leg. I think I should go to the hospital now, you know what I mean. I think while making scrubs, it became all right, I don't need to be afraid of because it's not They're not gonna kill me if I go. Yeah, I might die if I don't go, though, so let me let me take care of what's going on with me as soon as it pops up. And then I became a hypochondriac. Now all of a sudden, I was at the hospital like every five sec. If I had a you know, if my nose was running, I was like going to the doctor real quick.
Speaker 1: Don'd know these things. He has the worst thing, He's that guy. I'd be like, dude, it's a zi it's a tumor.
Speaker 7: Right, may better sad?
Speaker 2: Sorry? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Do you guys have another question for the legendary Donald Faison.
Speaker 7: Yes, can they hear me? So, Doctor Cox was your mentor on the show. Do you guys have like a mentor in real life during your acting careers? Wow?
Speaker 1: Very good question.
Speaker 2: So many, whether they realized they were my mentors or not. I have so many mentors. Bill Lawrence has been a mentor to me. He taught me how to tell a joke. I feel like I might have always been funny, you know, but there's a process to telling a good joke, and when you stumble on words that are meaningful for the punchline, it makes it so the joke doesn't work. Uh. And so because of that, I've been very lucky to work with someone like Bill Lawrence, who really taught me the anatomy of a joke and how to tell a joke. He's one person, Denzel w Washington my whole life, whether he knows it or not. After working with him, and remember the Titans too, you know, he's always been a hero of mine and also a mentor. You know his if you listen to interviews with Denzel Washington, and you know he's just a very deep mind and a very very good actor. And so he's one of those people that I've always looked up to, and when I finally got to meet him, he's definitely a hero and a mentor.
Speaker 1: When you were on that movie, did he ever say any any He gave.
Speaker 2: One tip one time. Mostly he led by example. He you know, he's very hard worker, you know what I mean, and comes to work prepared and to get you prepared, he'll run lines with you over and over and over and over again, right so that when the camera rolls, you're ready to play. But he gave me one bit of advice because we were as a bunch of young men, were all in our early twenties, and we're messing around and where you know, it's a movie about football players, and we're doing you know, we're giving each other elbows and you know, uh, pretending that we're punching each other in the face and everything like that because we're all young men. And he was like, you know, I did this movie Glory, and I was like, go on, and he was like, there was somebody in the cast who used to do what you guys are doing right now. And I remember him looking at me because I was very excessive about you know, one, I played around way too much. Still to this day. I play around way too much when working. And he was like, and this dude would play around and he would pretend to punch people in the face and act like he was gonna you know, and he would be joking. And one day he slipped and hit an extra in the face, somebody who was you know, been around the set and everything like that, and laughed it off, and he punched this guy in the face accidentally, but still punch this guy in the face, and the guy started crying and taking off his you know, jazz because he knew I'm about to kick this man's ass and get fired. This is the end of me ever being in this movie. And I've been here for a while and I like these people. I'm about to kick this dude's ask though, because he punched me in the face. And the guy apologizes and apologize. It doesn't need to go there, brother, No please, no, no, no, let's not do this. Let's you know, and finally, you know, they calmed the guy down and it's all right, don't worry, let's work this out. But he was like, you know, you guys are playing around so damn much. Somebody's gonna catch a fence to this and get hurt, and you're not gonna be able to talk him back. So my advice to you all, as he's looking at me is to shut this shit down. Stop doing this. And I remember being like, you're absolutely right, because if I punched that dude in the face accidentally, he's not gonna he's not gonna care if it was an accident or not. He's gonna be upset and want to break me up.
Speaker 1: So that's amazing story. And I just love that Denzel was like, so I did this film glory? I would say for me, I mean can't. The first answer is obviously Bill Bill Lawrence, who created the show. He taught me so much about acting and directing and how to the business. You know, Bill's some people are good writers, but they're not savvy about the business and how to navigate the business. And Bill taught Donald and I both a lot about how to navigate Hollywood and how to navigate the industry. And you're never on a job for nine years, so it was like it was like grad school. We learned so much over the course of nine years and a lot of and to this day, when I have a script that I'm writing, I gave it to Bill. When I have a first edit of a movie i'm directing, I show Bill and he comes in and gives me really tough notes and good notes. So Bill first and foremost, and then I guess my My version of the Denzel thing is, I just got to work with Robert de Niro in a film, and he's a He's a huge hero of mine. And just watching the way he worked and how humble he was and uh and how he I just just being on set with a legend like that, I felt like I was getting I was becoming a better actor. And there were a handful of little things he did that I like, Oh, I'm gonna try and do that next time, and and uh, and he's just a huge inspiration to me. I love I love that man. Donald.
Speaker 2: I'd give him another question if they're very, they're very nice, one question, very, they're very we're going long, though we're going out.
Speaker 1: Let's keep it short because the show people don't want to hear it an hour. And this might be a little Zach.
Speaker 8: It's like week three months into COVID, and uh, the George hare is going extra long, So I need to know your shampoo and conditioner.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the trick. I'm going to tell you something that some people. Some people are gonna think it's nasty, but don't wash your ship. Let it get dirty. What, baldy, you were not allowed to weigh in this conversation.
Speaker 2: I have I might not have a lot of hair, but I have hair number one number two. When he said ship, he meant don't wash your hair.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, don't do you guys use a washcloth in the shower. We're having a debate on.
Speaker 7: The I used to use the wash flaw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you're black man. That's why the thing I grow, That's why white people don't use wash cloths. Apparently, speaking of that one thing we noticed we were just watching the show.
Speaker 7: Everyone got shoes on in the house.
Speaker 1: It's sleep with the shoes on.
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 2: I never slept with my shoes on the show. Show. We just watched You make Out with and I had shoes on.
Speaker 7: No, not you?
Speaker 1: Oh me, Well, I think in the senior you're talking about this episode that that we watched. Yeah, well, Sarah show. If Sarah Chalk throws you to the bed and mounts you, you're not gonna be thinking about your sneakers. Bro, all right, No, my hair, I I don't wash a lot because I feel when I wash it, I don't like the way it looks. But when I let it have its natural juices, it has a nice.
Speaker 2: That's from coming to America. Dude, what would you put in your hair? Nothing? I just got juices and berries that ain't nothing but ultrap.
Speaker 1: All right, on that note, we're gonna go. Thank you guys so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. Our pleasure, our pleasure. Wait, lastly, like we gotta we gotta end this fucking thing. It's going so long, but I do listen, I'm gonna get in I know, Bro, I'm gonna get right into it. You think I was gonna miss your favorite topic.
Speaker 2: I'm just putting it out there now.
Speaker 1: This episode has a Phantom Menace diss in it, and I want to know you and Joel Mister and Missus Star Wars' thoughts on the Phantom Menace diss.
Speaker 2: I don't like that they that they dissed the Phantom Menace, even though at one point I was one who didn't. I didn't appreciate the Phantom Menace as much as I should have. Dave Felony. Yeah, the king that he is when it comes to Star Wars. Talks about on this new Mandalorian documentary series that they got going, which I've been watching.
Speaker 1: I'm watch that.
Speaker 2: It's really as a director, you're gonna love it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm friends with not to name drop, but I'm friends with Deborah Chow who is one of the main directors of Mandalorian. Right he was she was telling me, She's like, Zach, you gotta come see how we shoot the show. It is unlike anything you've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Dude, if you go, please take me. Isn't she directing like all of these.
Speaker 1: She's directing every episode of Obi Wan.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Can you just tell her you have a friend.
Speaker 1: She's the ultimate cool kid. I believe that they are doing the Obi WANs in the UK. I would live in the ut I will travel. But she was telling me, and I'm gonna watch the documentary because I've been hearing about it, that that Favreau took this technology that he developed for Jungle Book and the other films and kind of took it to the next level.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. Anyway, Baloney's talking about how in the Phantom Menace. That movie sets off everything, and I was like, yeah, of course it sets off everything. It's episode one. He's like, but in the in the documentary he's like, No, if Qui gon Jin would have won the fight against Darth Maul, Anakin Skywalker's path as a Jedi would have been way better than I then what he was given because Obi Wan didn't look. I know, it's crazy, last.
Speaker 1: I just wish the fans could see what I'm looking at. I'm totally zoned out already, and Joelle is furiously nodding like Donald is a preacher and she's in the choir.
Speaker 2: But look, obi Wan Kenobi was never a father figure for Anakin Skywalker, and that was something that he was missing his whole life, you know what I mean. He was born from the force, His mother wasn't with anyone. There was no male that raised him. And if Qui gon would have won that five, that father figure would have been in place and he would have grown to be a better Jedi. And not necessarily so, when Qui gon dies, that's Anakin's first failure, not his on purpose, but that's the first thing that fails in his life. Then he loses his mother, then he loses his wife and now he's freaking Darth Vader. And when I heard that, I had already had an appreciation for The Phantom Menace. But that makes the movie twenty times even better.
Speaker 1: Now, all right, Well, if if you happen to still be listening.
Speaker 2: None of this is gonna make the pop. No, I think it should.
Speaker 1: Because there's a lot of diehard fans just like you two, and they'll probably love this.
Speaker 2: But non star wars and sex, I like that star Wars and sex are married together in this episode.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, let's wrap this episode up by talking about the big Elliott JD kiss. It's very exciting. It was, I thought, I was. I thought it was romantic and well written and well shot and h and granted, very well performed.
Speaker 2: I thought, I thought, I think.
Speaker 1: I think right off the bat, you could see that Elliott and JD had chemistry and and it was it was. It was romantic and sweet and I liked it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say so far, this is one of my favorite episodes that we've watched, and it's not necessarily the funniest episode, but it kind of reminds me of a John Hughes movie. It kind of reminds me of you know, the movies that I grew up on, where the nerd in the movie is chasing after this young lady this whole time, right, and his best friend is right there next to him, this female best friend is right there next to him, and he doesn't realize that his best friend is the is the better is the better choice for him? And he's chasing after something that seems to be the right idea, and then at the end of it he realizes, oh, that was that wasn't that. She wasn't what I was looking for. And the best friend goes, I know because I am, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I like that Sarah, and I like that Elliott made the move that I thought that was kind of cool that she was the one who stood up and like went for it, like she was the one who said no, because I did. I did.
Speaker 2: I was jealous.
Speaker 1: I was jealous. Yeah, And then you know it's it's it's meant to be a little bit of an edit. But she she looks like she pushes me down a whole hallway into the bed, right like you stumbled all the way I did, Like no, I did like a fucking matrix. Fucking shit down the She pushed me like I was Keanu down the whole hallway on that note. Sorry, cut that ship out, Hey, that was fun. Yeah, I wanted to tell our fans. Hey, you can email Scrubs iHeart at Gmail if you want to ask us questions like those fun gentlemen did today. And uh, and hit us up on on Instagram, which I think is the last bit of social media. Donald and I are still reading. And we want to hear what you think of the show. You want to hear what you think of the show. We want to hear what kind of what size Donald Faison beach towel you want? And uh and and uh. We love you, don't we? Donald.
Speaker 2: We love everybody out there. I even love the haters.
Speaker 1: I love y'all too, Yeah, because they they the haters. Hey, they're your motivators.
Speaker 2: No, Hey, to motivate, that's absolutely right. Hate or motivate, that's right, hate or motivate. You know you can be on you gonna do You're gonna be a hater or you're gonna be a motivator.
Speaker 1: Listener, you gonna be in the stands. Are you gonna get on the motherfucking court and play?
Speaker 2: You got big dreams. You want fame will fame costs?
Speaker 1: And right here Starnati, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: I got one more thing to say, one more thing to say. What can you?
Speaker 1: Can you say it over my b bucks because I've been practicing be bucks. Go ahead tell me if there's a good bee for you.
Speaker 2: We want to thank y'all listening to our show. And on that note, you're going five six, seven stories. I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: We made about a bunch of talks, and nurses said, here's the stories all. So yeader around you here, yeader around here, Scutch, we watch always and da