Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning. Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning Everybody, It's DJ n V Charlamagne the Gud.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest host, Buster Rams and Claudia Jordan. Buster Rahms album is out right now.
Speaker 2: Blockbuster yea.
Speaker 3: So recently we had a conversation with Swizz Yes, and I asked Swizz how he got himself, Timberland and Pharrell. Now, Buster a couple of probably about a month ago, said he's doing an album where Pharrell, Timberland and Swiss Beats or the EPs.
Speaker 2: How how does that happen?
Speaker 4: You know, Buster is somebody that don't back down easy. You can't tell him no. And he signed us up for his project and we just said, okay, let's do it. And he came, He's like, you know you, Tim, Pharrell, y'all my producers for the project. I'm like, okay, no exactly, the producers okay. And then I don't know, like somehow we actually all got into a space which is a photo of us on this boat, and I'm sitting here, I'm like, yo, he really manifested this. Like we didn't even plan to be on that boat at that time. It's not like Okay, let's have an executive producer boat ride. Like we just all ended up sitting there and I'm looking around like, okay, I hear the universe. Okay, I guess we're doing it.
Speaker 3: So where did you come up with the idea to have all three of those great producers EP Project V.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you the truth. Forrell created that day with all of us coming together. Forarrell invited us to this unbelievable yacht. We was in Miami, all of us in it in Miami, chilling. We come to the yacht. Everybody's dead. We pull up, we rocking on the yacht, vibing, we eating food, we drinking, we smoking cigars, we vibing. Swiss had just finished working on DMX rest in Piece, DMX last album, this posthumous album, and there's a table on the yacht on the upper deck level and we're all sitting around that and we were just talking for a few hours. We was on the I believe he was on a yacht probably eight hours that day. About four hours into to the day, it just kept going really really crazy in my mind. And I'm sitting here with three of my brothers, all twenty five plus year relationships, brothers. They all produced on all of my shit. Excuse me. They all produced on all of my projects at some point or another, whether it was two out of the three of them, or all three of them or one out of the three of them, right, And I'm like, yo, looking at them, and they looking at me, They looking at each other. We talking. Ain't nobody bringing up no music. It was no music talk outside of the DMX album because Swiss wanted us to hear it. But all the other conversation throughout the day was just regular conversation. I'm like, listen, I just need to say this to all three of y'all. Ain't nowhere in the world, and I'm gonna get off this boat and I tell y'all that this is not gonna be a moment where we shouldn't be discussing doing a bust the Rhyms album with all of y'all producing it. I don't care what I ain't taking no back talk started off as an EP. Two songs from Swiss, two songs from All, two songs from Timbland. We get through the six records. I was like, wait a minute, now, I'm not feeling like this is enough because I'm not an EP dude, you know what I'm saying. I'm an album dude. And the energy that was feeling and sounds so incredible from themselves records. It's set the standard for what the rest of the album should feel like it sound like. And what was dope about the album when it was just those six songs. Was every song felt like feel good, energy, party and turn up records. Coming off an El E two album, we was speaking directly to what was happening. We was in the pandemic, the protesting was happening, the riots, the George Floyd murders and all of the you know, it was too much dark energy, but it was necessary at the time, and it was a beautiful body of work and an installment that was needed for the time. Them six songs felt like I was back in my put your hands chamber and party going on over here and everything remains draw and it felt like we was in that bag all the way with just them six songs, and I was like, I ain't got enough of this. I need more of this. So as I was planning for people, they wanted to be a part of that, from the new artists to other producers and it just it just kept evolving.
Speaker 3: And I got to ask, you know, people have been hitting me this morning and I thought about it too.
Speaker 2: Aren't you on tour?
Speaker 1: I just came off tour on the twenty first in November.
Speaker 2: Okay, cause I seen I've seen you in place. I'm like sitting the bus to be overseas.
Speaker 1: About five months on the road. Fifth is still on the road. He's rocking probably until like December twenty third. I think he can India and Mumbai and Bakraine. My last show was at the O two in London. It was our third English show. We did two to two solout shows in one Wimbley arena. Wow July twenty first to November twenty first. I come home on the twenty second. Twenty third was Thanksgiving twenty fourth drop the album album Relice Party, Private Location.
Speaker 2: So you never stopped working.
Speaker 1: I ain't stopped.
Speaker 3: Well, hold on, let's let's get into a record. We're gonna come back with bus. Yes, Now this is the record with your kids doing it.
Speaker 1: What's the records called legacy? Legacy? Big up trillion, my young spreader, Big up my beautiful daughter see and big up my other beautiful daughter who plays classical piano Rye and and and big up to Mars and big up to all of the other producers that assisted in the production with Mars and I just need y'all to enjoy that this DNA is very rare in this royalty bloodline.
Speaker 5: Over here, y'all, I want to ask you, So, it seems like you're really good at manifesting things and making things happen, like you have just like you are speaking things into existence. So how about here in the breakfast Club, since this is your first time here, who is it that you have not worked with or that you're like a dream collaboration if you haven't done it already, is there someone out there that you're like, Look, this would be like it for me.
Speaker 2: Whoever you work with, you didn't work with them, everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ain't work with Cole yet. I want to work with co I'm a huge fan of j Cole.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he's listening right now, Jacob.
Speaker 1: I'm a huge fan of j Cole. I'm a huge fan of Jed. Jed is crazy. Is crazy too, they shout the Jed. Huge fan of Drake. I love to work with Drake, huge fan of this is singer I love Friday's work. I love this a young lady. What's his name, coc Jones.
Speaker 2: Coco Jones Jones's incredible.
Speaker 1: She's incredible to me. I'm a huge fan of Janelle money too, and he got a new artist out. I forget his name, but he sounded like Marvin Gay.
Speaker 2: That's October, October, London.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he sounds so crazy, so crazy, like dude is I only heard the ones on it cut deep.
Speaker 5: Go to his page and just follow him.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: His brother is unbelievable. And you know who else too.
Speaker 2: I can'tfront Toby and Wigway.
Speaker 1: He's incredible to me. Big up to Toby love dude. Oh by the way, let me take a second and just big up my brother bun Bee. You know what I'm saying. The record that bet we did on the album with the Baby and blockbusted with the Baby and t Pain. Big up to bun Bee for clearing it. Rest in peace to PIMPCI, Salute to Zero. Big up g Z. You know what I'm saying. I think Hove has something to do with the song too. But and whoever the producer is big, every last one of them up. But bum Bee, you know that's my That's that's who I interact with frequently, and bun Be I just want to thank him for blessing me with the clearance. I want to thank bun Bee for the big up that he just gave recently on the Twitter and just shout at us with how proud he felt we we did with all three of us, and he called it the trifecta with me and t Pain and the baby and big up the Baby and big up Tea Pain and big up every damn body on my album, Big of my kids, Quavo. I'm gonna get into the whole shout out list after we finished running through some are these songs, but yeah, man, those is the names that I'm feeling right now. I'm leaving out a couple, but off the top those is that's where it's at.
Speaker 2: And I had to ask, so thank you so much, Claudia, how did you decide?
Speaker 3: You know, the one thing I would say about Bust is you always had your your hold on the legacy og artists and also the younger artists, right so you know, back then you would do a record with Slick Ric on Rockham but then you do a record with Coiler Ray and the Baby, Absolutely, So what made you want to do the records with those individuals like a Coiler Ray, the artist with the video the Luxury Life, which is a redone of Foxy and Hole.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. First of all, I'm gonna always give it up to the to the to the timeless greatness, all right, and contribution that pushed the culture forward, and it also evolved the culture because when the records was happening, when we was doing it, you already know that ninety six to like two thousand and one, it was probably the most lucrative time in hip hop period. So big up the whole, Big up the Foxy on clarinet and as far as the new artists with the Coiler Rays and the Beers, the Baby, Quavo and Moray and Young Doug and Gigs and Young Blue and Blash and all of these new artists. For me on this album in particularly, I just felt like I needed to speak to both generations real quick. When I said what I said at the BT Awards, I was trying to speak to both generations. I wanted the young generations to know that we love them, we support them, we admire what you're doing. And I'm not gonna really do this entertaining of this this little bugged out propaganda, and that's this little narrative of you know, the elder stationman and the ogs don't respect it. As far as what y'all are doing is concerned.
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 1: And there's a lot of us that like it, a lot of us that love it, a lot of us as fans of it. And I'm gonna speak for me because I come from a group with a legacy and a name that we had to fight to earn, and what's called Leaders of the New School. I'm always gonna do that. And I think culturally even deeper than the name, which is why the name was something that was greater than the name. For us, it was an attribute. Was we wanted to live this name. When you live it, it's an attribute because it's attributed to the way you actually carry your action out. So for me, Leaders of the New School from a cultural standpoint came from and our community is black children in the so called urban community. We want to always pull up as the ones that discovered the new thing first, whether it's the new pair of sneakers, whether it was the new denim suit from Levi's, whether it was.
Speaker 2: The new.
Speaker 1: Battle from co crushing for some seas Kumud and busy b or the new whip everything new. We love culturally to be the one to stunt and show off and say we're putting everybody else onto something. That means you are about leading the new from a cultural place. This is the way we live. Culture is a way of life. So ultimately, if I'm going to be this person from when I started, and this is all I know culturally, this ain't a style thing. This is a way of life thing. I liked leading the new I was. I'm also talkt and raised and believe that you can't put the timeline on greatness. So at the end of the day, you're not gonna tell me because of my age or because of my legacy and the time that I put into this professionally that I'm not gonna be in tune because make a conscious effort with keeping my finger on the pulse. You feel what I'm saying. I'm in the street every night, for real, I'm gonna call a DJL for real. I'm gonna send you my record myself, for real.
Speaker 3: Do you think that's a lost art phone? We're talking to buster rooms see here, and the reason I say that is like I was saying to you earlier, Buster, there is no more of well, i'll.
Speaker 2: Have my label people call.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: When I was a small DJ and I only had one hour a show, one hour a week, Buster would call that.
Speaker 2: One record, I'm calling your cell phone. Yes, Buster would would.
Speaker 3: Come pull up to the club. And Buster still does that. Most of these artists don't do that no more at that. Maybe they don't respect the DJ as much and they don't respect radio. What makes you still have the grind to do it? You don't have to, you're financially secure, you're great, but you still do the things that a new artist would do.
Speaker 1: Why I love it too much? I care about it too much. And I was also taught being five percent, you ain't gonna sit home and wait for myster regard to bring you food, saying, mystery regard, you're gonna sit home and wait to bring you food. He also bestowed the blessing and the gift and gave you the ability to have a life that exists in real time and space for you to go get it yourself right. That's the blessing in itself, what you've been gifted with to exist and have and be able to be acknowledged for just existing is the gift itself. So instead of me waiting and asking somebody to do something that I could actually do, Yeah, I'm gonna appreciate the assistance. I got a support system, of course, but I'm not relying on the support system as if I ain't gonna do nothing. And it's it's this responsibility of the supporting system alone to secure the win for me. My children ain't my support system responsibility, they minds. So regardless what my support system is doing, the most hot on old not even my support system another five seconds, so he wiped everybody off the face of the earth. Still got to live and die my own iniquity at the end of the day. And besides all of that, bro, I like the space that I'm in right now. I'm a happy mom. I'm happy as hell, envy, I'm super duper happy. So for me, I'm really in a space where I'm enjoying my life. I'm enjoying what I'm doing, I'm enjoying what I'm creating. I'm enjoying that I'm making records with my children. When I used to have to make records for my children.
Speaker 5: I love it just speaking on this because I know we did speak about the disconnect between some artists. Clearly not you, because you are opening the pathway, the lines of communication with these younger artists, but there are some people that don't respect the older generation and vice versa. I love it just speaking on that because I think we are in this microwave society where a lot of people think they don't know the hard work that the people that came before them had to put in. So what would you say to someone that has a talent that has like everything about him that could be a star, but they don't have that grind?
Speaker 2: What would you say to them?
Speaker 5: Because you are here at five thirty you was on time.
Speaker 1: Thanks for that question, Quin, because I think this is one of them questions that is going to allow me to say something that I've been longing to say. Okay, there was a lot of answers that I wanted when I was trying to get myself together in the earliest stage in my career, and I was blessed enough to have a Chuck d that gave me my name, a big Daddy Kane that would allow me to come to his crib in a Jamaica estates and his multi million dollar home when he had the purple burgundy bands with the gold AMG Deep dish Rims right, not AMG Deep dish Rims. It was Hammer Deep dish Rims. I don't remember the band. It was Hammer Joints. And Box was his manager and he used to let me come there and sit down and just watch the TV and ask questions and you know see you know, chicks pull up and they who would cook in the kitchen and parish for me PMD Eric Shermon. They would let me come to their crib and this is when they was like on a second or third group album. And I bought my first whip in like ninety three. It was a fore Runner that I bought in Queensbridge, the secondhand car lot and I bought this car. I drive out there and Paris had a bunch of real estate at property all over Long Island. He had Schumer Management EPMD, and they would the first dudes that I was actually seeing do things outside of just being artists. The diversifying of the portfolio was like the first time that I was seeing this. So I was asking questions and I was getting the answers from the elder Statesman to me, I was the young and I was the new dude, and they felt good about sharing that with me. I understood at that point them dudes was walking in their purpose, and I know that as much as I needed it, and it helped me. It's one thing I think Denzel said on the ground one day that I saw in the post. He was like, you can't go to your grave with the U haul truck. So everything that you got, you can't take it with you. I'm gonna give it away because I ain't got no choice. I'm in such a blessed place in my life. I don't need you to give me back nothing other than the reciprocal love that I've given you. Just give me the same respect. But more importantly, the thing that I'm gonna need for you to give me is that if you are new artist, that I'm gonna make the time to sit with, build with and walk in my purpose and share the information, and give you the keys and give you the answers to the deep Sea scroll. And when you open a Pandora box, I got the answer with on one sid side of the Pandora box for your ass too. The only thing you do for me is be successful and showing me how much you're gonna apply the information I'm giving you and secure to win and make. But I'm giving you yours and evolving into something else and give it to somebody else. I don't want to. I ain't even interested in signing on artists. I don't even want that. Don't don't. I don't want to deal with none of that I want. I just want to empower people at this point in my life. Be your own boss. I don't want to take a piece of your this set or piece of your that just you shine. But pull up. Let me give you this thing. Because this thing that I'm gonna give you, it actually should come with an invoys. You need to pay me for this information. And I don't want nothing from you but to see you secure the win.
Speaker 3: But to see But the problem with that Buster we're talking to, Buster Rhomsey is here. The album is out, Blockbuster. It's a lot of people say they're a boss, but they don't know how to.
Speaker 1: Be a boss.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that's cool to be, like I'm a boss, cool to be and but you have to learn, you have to learn what that means. And a lot of people they need to sign to somebody because they need somebody to show them the way. Absolutely a lot of people can't do that a lot, and I think with this day and age people I'm a boss where people feel like they don't want to work for somebody, They don't want to put the grind in, they don't want to sign to somebody, they don't want.
Speaker 4: To do it.
Speaker 2: But we've all been to a place where we had to learn.
Speaker 5: I think social media made a lot of people arrogant that have that have not done the work, like really a post.
Speaker 1: On what you're saying, one trillion percent to what you're saying envy. Reason why I don't want to sign no artists right now is because I don't respect an appreciative artists when you sign them and help them blossom and blow and develop and evolve and grow and become great, and then they act like you ain't had nothing to do with it. I get out the way. Show me you could do it on your own. But see if I'm not signed to you, the obligation ain't the same. When I'm giving you now, I don't owe you nothing after that. Take what I'm giving you and know that they's so priceless. At the end of the day, you actually owe me by getting this information and using it and being successful with what I'm giving you. And that's the only way you can reward me. And if I keep it on that place, I don't got to chase you for the bag. I don't gotta chase you for then the money you owe me. I don't gotta have accountants order ordered nothing. I don't gotta have lawyers block clearances or block this or block that, because now that's going to change the dynamic of the respective relationship and the willingness to just listen to each other. I lived through this experience. I'm gonna tell you the best part about my happiness right now is making those hard decisions to remove everything that was blocking my blessing. Yep.
Speaker 5: Have you always had this perspective? Or because you came in here giving flowers to everyone? You started off your your time here giving flowers an envy? You just spread the love to everyone here, right, And it's a very mature perspective.
Speaker 2: Did that how long?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: When did this happen? Was this recent? Were you always like this?
Speaker 1: Nah? I never I didn't always have the perspective of understanding how to become this happy. I've always had the perspective of being a flower giver and a giver of love. I love to give love. I love to acknowledge people for their greatness. I'm super comfortable in my space. I don't compete until it's time to respectfully compete. And I'm not a disrespectful competitor because I don't disrespect people. You don't know me for having beef with nobody in the industry. I'm not known for distional artists on no record. I'm not known forgetting this by artists on no record, because I make sure that the relationship as men and as humans, like, we're not gonna compromise the integrity and the moral compass and code of ethics and principles. Were not gonna do that because dude just just misconstrued and living these lines, which is these alter egos and personas we got walking around there on some superstar business like No, because see, I'm not calling your phone. I'm not getting on social media to dish you. If you somebody that me and you got a difference or an issue or a conflict, I'm gonna call your phone.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say that I was gonna say Busters has beef before. But if you ever see Buster, he will pull.
Speaker 2: Up on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna come see.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter if you're in the club, if you're in a restaurant, if you out, he wants to pull up and he's gonna have a conversation.
Speaker 2: We need to get back to those days.
Speaker 3: I respect that, and Buster will have a conversation until it's finished.
Speaker 2: Finished. I'm serious.
Speaker 3: Buster could walk in the club at two thirty and it's not finished to five. When you'll finished, you're either gonna hug or you're gonna shake hands and walk the other way. That is I've seen it a zillion one time and I always respect it. But let's let's get into another record off the album.
Speaker 2: Let's do it what you wanna get into.
Speaker 1: Let's get into the me, and let's touch this Me and Young Blue and Blash record. And I got a big up my man, Miguel, I got a big up Miguel Crazy, I got a big up salam I got a big up j Cole, and I got a big up osmosous architect who produced the joint. And let's just continue to just feed the streets. The full course meal This joint right here is called Could it Be You Bus, Rahim's The Dragon Eat You in Young Blue and Blash Let's go, let's.
Speaker 3: Go, Blockbusters out right now Busters, Cobuta go there, Jordan's download stream, pick it up.
Speaker 1: We here.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club