Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Now, let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today in Europe. I'm Lizzie Vernon in London with Stephen Carroll in Brussels, and we're joined by our Bloomberg reporter, Chloe Melee. Chloe, I want to start with Eirbus this morning, shares up the most in eleven weeks.
Speaker 3: What's behind that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So EBS outlined some very new ambitious targets yesterday and so it plans a five billion euro buyback and then a doubling of profit as well over the next three years. And it reassured investors that a lot of the production issues that they had been facing over the last few months, including engine problems and then shortages of some parts as well, which really plagues operation for Ebbus, that all of those issues were now getting sorted out and that output will then be ramped up in So this was seen as very positive from investors after a lot of weakness actually in the shares for Airbus recently. With JP Morgan analysts saying that the company had delivered on all of the things that were needed for it to rally, and it did rally. Indeed this morning they said in particular that what was really reassuring was that the company had been able to provide very clear medium term guidance. And so this is obviously the visibility that investors needed, the confidence from management that they were looking for as well, and that has been very helpful. And of course the buyback, although some and as have said it sits at the lower end of expectations, this is a shareholder return that's always very welcome. So this has very much boosted the stock this morning after this long period of underperformance compared to its closest rival, Boeing.
Speaker 3: Of course, okay, well from planes to people, we've had an update from Brandstad and the results are positive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really another sign that we've got this earning season of maybe the recruitment sector getting back on track.
Speaker 3: So Ranstad Besimus.
Speaker 4: This morning and the performance was good really across several markets, and this echoes positive results that we had from Manpower in the US, but then also Hayes and Page Group over here in the UK. And so this seems to indicate that after maybe you know, all of that weakness, those years and years of weakness in the industry, things might start to be looking up for the sector. Perhaps businesses are regaining some of that confidence are no longer putting their hiring plans on hold. Of course, the recovery isn't exactly the same across all markets. I actually spoke to the CEO of another equipment company yesterday s three, and he told me that although Europe is slowly getting back on track, it's still quite weak and the company has had to really shift this strategy towards other markets that are doing much better, like the US and Japan in particular. And this actually fits with what we're hearing from Ransad this morning, with North America being a really bright spot for the company.
Speaker 3: So a recovery, but not a broad bait one just yet.
Speaker 1: And clo ending on weather Spoons issuing it is fourth profit warning this year. Surely that quarter can't have included the World.
Speaker 4: Car Well, it did, so the World Cup actually did not provide as big of a boost as they had hoped, and that is because higher costs just offset the boosts from this the matches, So as you said, Spoons issued that fourth profit warning so far this year. We did see some consumer confidence getting back into the UK economy in June, with lots of people buying pines in pubs to support the England team. But the chairman, Tim Martin actually said that the timing of some of the matches meant that it encouraged home consumption instead with of course those you know ten pm even two am games that we saw, and at the same time, costs remained very high. That's the thing that Spoons has been mentioning now for quite a few months that there's you know, the higher taxes for hospitality, there's a higher energy costs of course because of the Iran war, and those higher labor costs after the budget from year and all of that is wearing very massively on margins and so.
Speaker 3: That is why we had this profit warning.
Speaker 4: So if even a World Cup cannot help, then that looks like quite a dire situation for all of the pubs. Really.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.