Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy pros MLB.
Speaker 2: This is leading off live as me Joey p Joe Pisa, Pia with me of course is the Welsh and it's you, the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks on a Wednesday. My days are all screwed up because we had the off day on Monday. I don't know what day it is, but Welsh, how'd you play today? How was the wind? I see you're just off the golf course. And do you have a little cigar on the back of nine?
Speaker 1: How was it?
Speaker 3: I wear polo one time and it's like, oh, mister fancy bands, did you go and play nine? Did you go and play Pinehurst? It's just a topolo.
Speaker 1: Do you live in Arizona? You play?
Speaker 4: No, not at all.
Speaker 3: I played like three or four times in my life, not very I can hit an iron, can't hit a I can't hit a driver.
Speaker 2: It was a four year window where I played a lot and I got pretty good, and then I had kids and then that was it and I've never played since.
Speaker 1: And I kind of miss it.
Speaker 2: I kind of like it, but maybe that's retirement, right, that's what you do. Not that I'm ember going to retire. Yeah, that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: But well, you got to get a polo first. You can't play golf apparently if you don't have.
Speaker 1: The problem is not the polos.
Speaker 2: That is a specifically Nike driven golf it actually is like that's not as our producer said.
Speaker 1: But the drive fit is what Welsh's rockets it is.
Speaker 4: But all of these things are correct.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's let's get after everybody, and remember we only got a couple days left for the Jose Ramirez jersey. We're giving it away here. If you want to get it, subscribe to Fantasy Rose MLB on the YouTube, drop your comments below and ring the bell till it goes ding. And it's from Pristine Auction dot com. It's a great place to go get stuff for Father's Day too. You got stuff as cheap as fifty bucks on there. You get a really nice thing for dad or for yourself or the.
Speaker 1: Man in your life.
Speaker 2: So go ahead and check out Pristine Auction dot com and go get that Jose Ramirez jersey too. Welsh, let's just dive right in today. Because Ellie de la Cruz was a player, I feel like we were just talking about saying, you know, we haven't had one of those signature Ellie hot streaks yet. I think we might be starting to get one. Two for four, a pair of solo homers yesterday against the Royals Welsh.
Speaker 1: Is it Ellie time? Finally?
Speaker 3: You know, it's really funny that we are doing this because I did like an extensive just.
Speaker 4: Look through, just trying to look through the profile.
Speaker 3: We're not going to get everything you know we want out of, you know, like looking at Savann, but just going through from obviously like the normal hitting metrics to deep down and I'm just not sure if there is something to pinpoint the like, you know, is Ellie taking a step back or is he ready to take that big jump up. I think Ellie just might be this version of Ellie where what you're alluding to it is like he's just going to go through some runs. He's going to go through some streaks, like he's barreling at the best rate he has. He's hitting the ball as hard as ever. Hitting hard hit rate is up there, strikeouts are down a tiny bit. He's really struggling against breaking down type, so split fingers and change up, so that type of breaking pitch where it's gonna come up and back sides, you know, sliders and stuff. Maybe he's getting to but again you look through across the board, it's just kind of Ellie, And I think that's going to be what Ellie is is like you're going to have a month where it's you're going to have these big explosive months currently you know, you're saying, is at Ellie time, he said he's only like two twenty something, but he's got six homers, So he's loud with those counting stats. And I think that's what makes him so unique.
Speaker 4: He might be one of.
Speaker 3: The most movable Rodo versus head to head guys in fantasy. You know that discussion we always have where it's like, you know, at the end of the day, you get your stats, blah blah blah. But if you get a guy that is just going to just accumulate stats on a weekly in basis like that is really really great and it's an extra boost for a head to head. He might be a guy that is maybe he's more deserved of being like eight or nine in the ranks for Rodo, but maybe he's a top three or four guy in head to head because those explosive weeks can change absolutely everything. Yeah, this still one basis the whole. But I'm still a huge fan of Ellie. There's a lot of good stuff. There's a lot of progression in his game despite some of these struggles. He's kind of continuously changing his stance a little bit. He's hitting the ball really hard, he hasn't gotten in the air as much. I think all those things can continue. So I'm like just still a long term firm buyer, but maybe there's a tiny bit more value in head to head over Rodo Choyo.
Speaker 2: Tellaney hit his twentieth homer and two walks yesterday, so he's on fire as well. Great performances yesterday, including Carlos Rodin seven shout out an thinks ten strikeouts and it went over the Angels. But but Luke Weaver was unavailable last night, so they turned the keys over to Devin Williams, who gave up two runs. He did hold on to the save, but it was by the hair and his chinny chin chin. So Luke Weaver might have gotten off last night, but I don't think he's getting off that closer role anytime soon.
Speaker 3: Welsh, I this is what we were waiting for waiting to see, Hey, he's gonna get that gig. It might happen unfortunate. Yeah, I don't think he's gonna be getting that either, and.
Speaker 1: Give him a solo homer and two hits after. Like it was. It was one of those moments.
Speaker 2: Where you're watching it in the fantasy community, go okay, here we go. Can Devin will Yeah, if it was a girathree down and he looked great, you'd hear today all the chatter go get David Williams.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be back.
Speaker 2: I don't see that happen anytime soon. I mean we're talking months now, like, not weeks. I'm telling you, I will say flowder get hurt at this point.
Speaker 3: One thing like it is so key in that managerial world where they're gonna go they're gonna be like, well, you know he did give up those runt but if you saved it, if you saved it, they'll look past all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh, you overcame adversity.
Speaker 3: So as much as we're saying this, I legitimately do think you will see another save opportunity in the near future. But it's it's gonna be key if he can have them clean whatsoever. So I still think Weaver's got that gig for another month or so. And really, the prediction we set on this show the minute Devin Williams lost that gig was is like living correctly. Hey, Luke Weaver is going to have more than a month.
Speaker 4: Plus worth of value. So that's why you needed to go and pick him up.
Speaker 3: It's just Devin Williams is making it easier for him to hold that gig the rest of the year right now.
Speaker 2: Well, Luke Weaver is making it hard to take it away. Let's give him some credit too. He's been terrific and he's done it in the postseason. Last time we saw Devin Williams in the postseason, he was giving up a big home run to Pete Alonzo. Let's not forget that spent. He's like Brad Lidge syndrome.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Sometimes guys just get lit and then they're never the same guy again.
Speaker 1: And that DAMNM just saying.
Speaker 2: Spencer Schreider four and two thirds yesterday in a spot against the Philadelphia Phillies, struck out seven, walked four, So location is still a bit of an issue there, and also location of a fastball that went right into the elbow of Bryce Harper. Now X rays were negative, but he was in a lot of pain. He came out of that game. I don't think we've got any updates today on it, but I'd be surprised. I'd be shocked if he was in the lineup today, despite the fact that he's a tough guy. I just you know, this was a scary moment, but it seems as though he's avoided disaster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know two pitch pitchers like Strider, you got to have them both going. He had a twenty six percent zone percentage on his slider, so it was only getting to the zone a quarter of the time, which will never work. I mean, to be fair, you could have like his fastball, you know, sixty one percent. He's getting it there. He's a little bit less juice on it right now. You can have that zone percentage hover around like the forty range or high thirties. But like what I'm getting at is he just didn't.
Speaker 4: Throw it for strikes.
Speaker 3: He had three called strikes on it, six total whiffs, had a twenty seven percent CSW percentage, and he was trying to live off the fastball, which didn't work. Just doesn't look quite right right now. He doesn't have the command, he doesn't have the feel, and that could be just all these miss games, so something to keep an eye. I would still probably put him in the by territory, you know, if you can stomach a few more games here. But I also think we should be prepared that like, maybe he's just not going to be as right this year, but he was getting k's and stuff like that. But you know, hitting up top on Bryce Harper, those are those little warning signs we need to pay attention to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, also pay attention to the other videos on our YouTube channel. You know why because yesterday the trade video we put together and Jack Flaherty was on it, and guess what Jack flarerday, good night for him. Two hits, one walk, six shutout innings. Also in that game, Logan Web ten strikeouts, so he was on the wrong end of that. But flarerity outstanding yesterday, no doubt about that. Also Cal Rawley with two homers yesterday. He's having a great season. In that game too for the Mariners. Logan Evans, one of your guys, well shit you've talked about on the show. Probably his best performance of the year. One run, four strikeouts eight innings to win over the Nats. So would you make out of Logan Evans yesterday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I would say it's not even debatable. It was absolutely his best outing here, and he's proven to be able to eat some of those innings up. He doesn't get whiffs though. He had five total whiffs in that game, So something to just keep an eye on that. You know, he's a guy that's going to be able to push innings and eat innings, but he's just not a big strikeout guy. There's funny enough, I'm looking here six different pitch types.
Speaker 4: Five of the.
Speaker 3: Six induced a whiff, but it was all just one. He had one whiff on those pitches. So he hits the zone. Every single pitch is fifty percent or higher in the zone, so he pounds the zone. He's going to try to go for some weaker contact, and he is a you know, eight innings, there's actually a bunch of hard hit on him, but doesn't walk. He's going to eat up those innings. Kind of Brian wu esque. Maybe there's a little bit of that organizational thing that's pushing, but I think, you know, he's got that like back of the bench spot starting. This is a really really encouraging match against you know, a Nationals team that can get some hits, but he is not a strikeout option, so he really has to go deeper into games to keep providing that value. And he's got the best closer in baseball behind him, Andre Munoz, thank you very much, who has a million saves and doesn't give up runs.
Speaker 2: And he's incredible. And I probably run that years ago. It just took a little while for it to really get on the track. By the way, a shout out to Ryan loves the Dogs. What it's tr position more like Joey m vps apia. See that's a much better nickname than that other one you tried to saddle me with a couple of weeks ago, Like that other one.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 4: Oh, you know remember it? I don't remember. As soon as I remember it, I'll have a great time. But I don't really has.
Speaker 1: To do with a lowercase letter in the alphabet.
Speaker 4: Still doesn't have it.
Speaker 1: Wow, well, too much sun on that golf course today. Choey T Joey p.
Speaker 2: Eight strikeouts for Hunter Brown yesterday, so bounce back for him also four for four, big day for.
Speaker 1: Jose L Twove.
Speaker 2: He would been, you know, kind of sluggish this year. Two olmers for him, three rugbyes, So nice to see a good day from Altuve. Also from Christian Yelich to another guy was just on one of those trade videos too, were talking about big walk off grand slam, his first walk off homer ever in his career, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Christian Walker home run.
Speaker 2: I'm just putting it in there because we don't see it very often. And Jordan Walker, So this is the Walker and Walker section if you call them, if you have any sort of injury issue, you can certainly call Walker and Walker and see what they could do for you. Two for three, a triple RBI, two runs yesterday. So obviously it's been a slug for Jordan Walker. But this is a very good sign. And lately he's hitting three sixty with a homer, two doubles and seven RBI's last nine games, so maybe he is turning out of the tailspin.
Speaker 1: Welsh.
Speaker 3: Maybe it just took two months. You know, sometimes guys just take two months into the season to have a little bit of a run. All I could think about, by the way, is I can see Jordan Walker and Christian Walker just like backs to each other. There's a car in the background, and it's just like, Walker and Walker is the way to go.
Speaker 1: And I'm just injured in a slip off fall. Call us at Walker and Walker. We will take care of you.
Speaker 4: We have you covered on the bases, Walker and Walker.
Speaker 1: That's right, I love there's nothing hit.
Speaker 4: A home run with us, That's what it would go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Jordan Wiser kate you full cash.
Speaker 3: Don't let anyone steal your base. We will bring them home today.
Speaker 4: Walker and los Us.
Speaker 1: Handle your cash considerations today. Hey, they are out settle you are named later.
Speaker 4: All right, We're gonna keep going with the commercial like all.
Speaker 1: That part of me that just kind of wants to do the whole show.
Speaker 4: The entire show.
Speaker 3: We're gonna need ai art, We're gonna need different versions, So just putting it out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm still.
Speaker 3: Super skeptical on Jordan Walker because I think I was so I was so in on him this season. Hey, all the things are gonna work. It's gonna be so good. I'm really encouraged that things are ticking back up a little bit. He's hitting two twenty two though in May. That's where it's ticked up to from one to eighty seven. Things are kind of last nine games comes are up.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeahs So he's been dropped everywhere.
Speaker 1: So also dropped.
Speaker 2: But you know, sometimes a dancer gets another opportunity. Sometimes sometimes you stay too long at one club. You know, it's just not the same anymore.
Speaker 1: You gotta move.
Speaker 2: So Genesis Cabrera elected free agency yesterday and apparently now is.
Speaker 1: Going to have an opportunity to sign with the Cubs. It seems like so.
Speaker 4: And this is how they paid him in his contract.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, awesome, sugarown man, why you Namola?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we love Jennis.
Speaker 4: That's a signing bonus.
Speaker 1: That is a signing bonus.
Speaker 2: Let's get to the rookie lookie Matt Shaw walk off Ribby singles. So he's been solid since the call up. Also in that game, Kate Horton. I saw people in the chat the Peanuts and Cracker Jacks talking about Kate Horton. No decision against the Rockies, boo, but six strikeouts. You better have strikeouts against the Rockies. Just one walk, one run. A solid performance from Kate Horton. Also Marcelo Mayor two for three, so he came up. First game was not good, bunch of strikeouts, you look terrible, probably just forcing it. But since five for eleven with two doubles, and today, well she he's playing third base.
Speaker 1: How about that? How about them apples? He excited about.
Speaker 2: The position eligibility there American play short, he could play second.
Speaker 1: Now he's playing third. I love it. He's like bugs Bunny.
Speaker 3: Got to ask somebody to do it, because we know there's one person they can't ask to do it. But this is the reason why he was coming up. It was that position flexibility that he could move around. And you know, I still have questions because the big thing over the last like two weeks has just been about, you know, fantasy viability, and I kind of think he's living up to like what it is. You're gonna hit lower in the lineup, you're gonna make some contact, you're gonna get some hits.
Speaker 1: But he's not.
Speaker 3: He's not a loud, counting stats type of guy. He has no homers, no stolen bases. I'm not sure that's gonna continue. But the encouraging stuff are he's not striking out, he's walking a bit, and he is hitting three thirty three so there is some like side deeper League fantasy value in it. I'd rather have Meyer than I would Jordan Lawler getting a lot of Jordan Lawler questions, people like Hey, what should I hold? Not really like Tory Leavello has completely screwed up that situation. So in the Ring of these young guys, like you know, I don't know if Myer's going to be more of like a Points League type of player, but I think it's going to be some categorical stuff. I'd rather have him than Lawla right now. And the position flexibility might be pretty nice if he gets all these games.
Speaker 1: Did you say in the Rang of these guys?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like in the realm, Well, there's.
Speaker 1: A realm and a rank did you make them? One thing is that it's a word. Look it up?
Speaker 4: Go look it up? Right in the show. Oh you can't, All right, let's move on.
Speaker 1: Oh I can, Oh I can.
Speaker 2: And Rang is going to be like the realm. Yeah, the realm is one thing? Uh rang the definition uh? And I could use it a sentence call by telephone or to make a clear resident vibrating sound.
Speaker 3: So is that That's what I was trying to say in the Vibrator vibration of vibrating.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh Nick Kurtz is vibrating all the way the IL.
Speaker 2: This is why we can have nice things. I hate everything. He's hitting home runs all over the place, He's smoking hot. What happens now he has a hip flexor strain?
Speaker 1: So well? Multiple week Kurts r Meyer, what do you in the just like in a vacuum, rest of season on a.
Speaker 3: Vacuum like Kurtz is on the IL right now, or Marcella.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm worried about the hip flexer thing. I think it's gonna be multiple weeks. So I'm just gonna take the guy that's playing. So I'll take Marcelo Mayor and I and I don't think he's as good as Kurts potentially upside wise, but I'm worried about two to three weeks at least maybe a month. So now you're going to the Waverwarre to pick up Carlo Santana or some other Jabroni from the Waverwarre to play first base. And this is just miserable.
Speaker 1: I hate it.
Speaker 2: I hate it so much. The only thing that makes me feel better is when people cheer things like Van Rod cheering thirty Bits and Life or Death, giving out a one month Tier one sub to Ryan Loves the Dog for his lovely comment today, I love it. I love the peanuts in that it's the only thing that keeps me grounded in life. I gotta say, you know, and I have this kind of rage. It's it's the penis and the cracker jacks and also piece of pa in Welsh lop. We are here to help you get what you deserve.
Speaker 4: Don't I taking a bad call anymore?
Speaker 3: With Walker and Walker, we got you covered in the outfield and the enfield.
Speaker 1: What's it like in Arizona too?
Speaker 2: Because I imagine the one thing I did notice in Arizona when I was visiting you a couple weeks ago was the amount of billboards for injury lawyers.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I couldn't really leave every other one.
Speaker 2: And they're all these smarmy, slimy looking people on these.
Speaker 4: One of them it's Robbie Robbie, right, they.
Speaker 1: All saw the Robbie Robbie.
Speaker 3: I saw Robert Robbie one very It's all just it's it's the worst scum.
Speaker 4: It's just what is an ambulance chase?
Speaker 2: So what are like local commercials like in Arizona, like it's just completely all over the place because in New Jersey, you know, they're all like what.
Speaker 4: Do you think they're like stereotypes are like all.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, what's the stereotype? Because in Jersey we know what the stereotype is. It's it's like, come.
Speaker 1: To Louis Vicaroa's Chevrolet. I got all these cars over here.
Speaker 2: You want to drive this car or that car or this ca eh, eh, I got a deal for you.
Speaker 1: That's pretty much. They're all like.
Speaker 3: They're all like shameless car salesman, you know, like you go to a car.
Speaker 1: They like Western themed, like what's going on out again?
Speaker 3: That's like you think they're like on a cactus with a with a cowboy.
Speaker 1: Like, aw on, we're gonna get you money if cowboy, if the ten gallon hat fits? Why not?
Speaker 4: Yeah, not really, it's not a lot of cowboy outside here. You'd be surprised.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot of disappointing, not disappointing. The three up and the three down. Lawrence Butler three for three, he's eating up.
Speaker 1: We think it was another guy from our Bilo.
Speaker 2: A couple of weeks ago, I was like two maybe three weeks ago to buy Lawrence Butler.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe.
Speaker 2: Julia Rodriguez three for five with a homer and three reveries for him, and Brian Reynolds four for four with a three run bomb, two runs scored, a walk. The breakout from Brian Reynolds is today's subject of chasing challengers. That's right because Microsoft, just like the athletes to push boundaries and redefine what's possible, and business decision makers today are turning their attentions and their opportunities to the challenges facing them. And Microsoft meets you where you are with tools and guidance to help you make an impact with safe, secure AI solutions. So whenever challenges you're facing, Microsoft empowers you with the expertise to say, bring it on. And this segment today, we're gonna talk about the challenges of being patient in fantasy baseball, especially when it comes to really solid players. Brian Reynolds, you can put it in ink.
Speaker 1: Twenty four homers, ten to.
Speaker 2: Twelve steals, two sixty five batting average. Just put it in ink every single year. You know the player you're getting, and then sometimes baseball happens and it gets weird out there in the baseball streets and for some inexplicable reason, guys like Brian Reynolds who can set your watch to just stop hitting and then it's snowballs and a confidence and other issues, and a night like tonight gives you a big sigh of relief because you have to be patient when you have good players like Brian Reynolds, who historically show up and play to the back of their baseball cards. So if you listen to the show and you bought low on Brian Reynolds, good.
Speaker 1: Job for you.
Speaker 2: And if you sold them off cheap, I have to question what shows are you watching? Stop watching those? Watch Leading Off instead. And that is today's Chasing Challenger segment. Remember Microsoft AI solutions and power you to take bold steps and new ideas to help drive your business forward. With Microsoft as your trusted partner, you can navigate your journey with confidence, finding innovative solutions and reaching new possibilities. Visit Microsoft dot com Slash Challengers to learn more. That's how it would be in local I would say, I love I love the owners of local places that have the guts to go on local television. Still in this day and age, you can easily hire some local actor, but no, they go out there.
Speaker 3: But do you like the guys that lean into the weird, you know, like like.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I want I want like a genuine like weirdo. I want to know like, oh, this guy's a weirdo.
Speaker 4: He doesn't know what he's doing.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: If it was Crazy Eddy back in the day when I was a kid in New York, do you know crazy Eddie is so crazy?
Speaker 1: Eddie had an electronics store and.
Speaker 2: He was crazy and he would scream at the cat run. He had like the biggest dentures you've ever seen. He was exactly what you picked. Google crazy Eddie and you're gonna see the picture of this guy. And he would wear these loud plaid jackets and he would screaming in the background. You had televisions and stereos. I'm crazy Eddie and I've given it like it.
Speaker 1: Was the I will say that guy was the greatest.
Speaker 3: If you want a great time, And we did this one time on ITL where you just search like local like best local lawyer ads. There are some guys out there they do like movies. They've done full on three minute movies, that have nothing to do with them being a lawyer, and they're telling stories and at the end they're like, we got you. Like it is pretty incredible. If you find find local lawyer ads and just lose your day, it's a great time.
Speaker 2: I think that's what I'm gonna do this afternoon, right after this show is over. Yeah, all right, let's get to some more baseball. We had the ups, let's get the downs because you know we got we gotta be real, keep it real, Stephen Cole like six runs, three strikeouts while she told you don't do it. I hope you listened to Welsh A world just chat and first blown save of the season. I'm not panicking. It happens. It was bound to happen. But Max Meyer six runs for him. He's had a bunch of stars lately that have been plunkers five earned, five or and four earned the game. Look has not been good. So what's happened to Max Meyer? No strikeouts by the way in this game for him? Two, three to third. Are we worried about an injury here or is just the league just starting to adjust to him?
Speaker 3: I think this might be the league adjusting to him, because you know, you look too, and like his fastball is up, his slider is up. He's throwing them harder his fastballs. It's actually weird because his slighter, which he throws there is the primary pitch. It's not getting hit as much as it has in the past, except here it is ninety three point five exit velocity six miles an hour harder on average that slider's being hit. And I just I wonder if like he's not changing the pitch mix enough, because he's actually now i'm looking starting it a little bit less than last year. But he's thrown in the change up, he's thrown in the sinker, which none are real whiff pitches. Right now, he has one pitch that has an over twenty percent K percentage.
Speaker 4: It's the slider.
Speaker 3: Everything else is under twenty percent. And as a matter of fact, he's forcing fastball on sinker under ten percent. So he doesn't have an outpitch. So this is what I'm getting. A doesn't have an outpitch. He's trying to pitch to a lot of contact and it's not working. He's given up almost ten percent barrel rate kser down walks are around seven percent. Expect a batting average two sixty three.
Speaker 4: I don't know, like we need.
Speaker 3: A pitch mixed change where we can get some more lifts because there's no real good whiffs that are coming out of this stuff outside of just one pitch, the slider, which is getting hit really really hard right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just funny to watch him unravel now after a good started, and it was so good. If you look at April a three eighteen eras first six starts, his last five starts a six thirty one ERA and the strikeout.
Speaker 1: Check this out too.
Speaker 2: For those first six starts thirty four innings, forty seven strikeouts and thirty four innings eleven walks, the last five starts sixteen strikeouts in twenty five innings, so.
Speaker 3: League adjusted, they're not eating at the slide because he's a primary slider guy. They're not eating at that and that fastball has zero whiff ability. So like, if guys start laying off of the slider, and then you've got to rely back on two other pitches by the way, that a sinker and a fastball that have no ability to get past anybody, whether it is the distinctiveness of it or the shape of it, and guys are hitting it really hard, like you got to figure something out, you got to make some other change. In Last year, he was really primarily just a three pitch guy. He was a slider forcing change up. This year he has five pitches. He's throwing at least ten percent or more of the time. But none of these additions are really not only are they not strike up pitches, they don't induce any whiffs. Like it's just there's got to be some organizational change I think to some of that stuff. But he can get back to being maybe like a high threes era guy. This six era in May is a little bit like not realistic. You know, you have three and a half last But I also think it's making him kind of like a pseudo fantasy redraft option right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's get to the injuries. There's a lot to talk about before we do my playbook. Don't forget if you're trying to manage your lineups figure out all these injuries and what's going on here and these bad performances, you need my playbook to get the right lineup in, the right guys in the wrong guys out, help make better decisions, manage.
Speaker 1: Your lineups, and win your leagues.
Speaker 2: Import your team today and get custom Fantasy baseball news, rankings, and analysis.
Speaker 1: Sink your leagues for free. That's right free. I'm crazy shoe. I'm giving away free sinks fantasypros.
Speaker 2: Dot com, slash MLB My Playbook or download the Fantasy Baseball My Playbook app. All right, injuries, Let's get to Nadyavaldi, who left the start with triceps fatigue, which apparently he had been battling for a little while here, and he said he could have finished.
Speaker 1: They didn't wanted to finish. Keep an eye on this.
Speaker 2: Kumar Rocker is starting his rehab assignment, so if Valdi goes on the IL, I'm sure that's the move they're gonna make. Bryce Harper, we talked about him earlier, just to reiterate Wright elbow contusion X. He's negative for any fractures, so it's a good news. So I imagine a day off, maybe two, because he was in some serious pain. Logan O'll Hoppy back yesterday after clearing concussion protocol. That's good to see. Aaron Nola expected to play catch yesterday, so we'll get news and how that went today. Justin Verlander forty pitch bullpen session on Thursday.
Speaker 1: And Richard Fitz return. That's right, our boy Dick Fits. Three scoreless innings.
Speaker 2: Not bad against the Brewers there, but a limited outing. Not as long of an outing for Dick Fits as we would have hoped.
Speaker 1: Three innings. Probably not quite the performance you're looking for, right, and.
Speaker 4: Just didn't last.
Speaker 1: He didn't last as long as you wanted him to.
Speaker 4: If the Fits you must have quit.
Speaker 1: Here for you. Max sure scheduled, Sure, he is sure. Here's my thumb up for Max Cheerzer. There you go.
Speaker 2: Logan Gilbert will begin a minor league yb beside me this week, so that's good news. So it is Bryce Miller throwing a bullpen uh this coming week as well.
Speaker 4: This looks a little diceier.
Speaker 3: Just gonna point out, like he's talking. He had like some bone spurry thing that I took care of, yea, Bryce Miller.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it is look getting yeah a little bit.
Speaker 3: His looks a little disier than Logan Gilbert. Just want to throw that out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't disagree. A shout out to a Knuckin' for a re subbing with us here on our twitch twitch off TV slash Fancy Pros where you can watch us live every single day.
Speaker 1: Come join the show. It's fun. Mike Trout uh took on the field batting practice. This is like the.
Speaker 2: Most torturous update every day. It's like Mike Trout looked at a baseball yesterday. Today Mike Trout thought about running. It's just it's like it's.
Speaker 4: Almost like a Mike Trout ate a neutri green boy, like.
Speaker 2: Updates from Jack Candy. Remember those Jack Handy things go back deep.
Speaker 1: That's what it feels like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with Mike Trout.
Speaker 1: God, it's torture. Jazz Chisholm is actually gonna start a rehab assignment this week in double a summer set around the corner of my house. Will I go see him? Probably not. It's cold and radio this week.
Speaker 4: You know I would go be a You could probably use another best friend.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm still behind you and that a best friend.
Speaker 2: We have that leaderboard like the home run board for Welsh's best friends in baseball in mind.
Speaker 3: We actually talked about that. I had talked to Kelly about that some time ago. I haven't made any best friends recently, but we were gonna look and maybe sort out the twenty twenty I don't know if it should be all time or this year, but the Best Friends of Welsh, which.
Speaker 1: Oh that's an off season show. I ever there was one.
Speaker 2: Corey Seeger will be activated from the il Wednesday today actually, so hopefully over under how many games before he gets hurt again. I'm going to put it at twenty eight.
Speaker 1: And a half a half a month or so twenty and a half.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say he holds it through past the All Star break, but I guess it would be over under zero point five il Stents rest of season.
Speaker 2: That's the one Michael crushing at Kent to Mayda is Welsh's top eight on MySpace one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Are you gonna take the over on point five il Stens rest of season?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Oh ye, one hundred percent over one hundred one point five over under?
Speaker 2: Uh under. I'll give him one more. Jerry had one. He's good for two every year.
Speaker 1: Two. There you go.
Speaker 2: All right, Since we're talking about betting, we might as well talk about the best bets of the day with Joey p and the Welsh. Let's start with Manny Machado. Machado, who is actually going in Sandy al Contra tonight career batting average against Del Contra six sixty seven with a fourteen hundred ops. So let's look for Manny to drive in a run today at plus one thirty five. Also Saint Louis Cardinals on the money line, Michael is on the mound plus one hundred, and then I'm going with another simple money line bet with Hunter Green on the mound minus one eighteen.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty decent number, So keeping it simple. Ellie's hot, Hunter Greens back. Let's go.
Speaker 2: So two money line bets and a machado Rbi Welsh, what do you have for the people?
Speaker 3: We are going to kick it out. We did this last week. We got we got a plus money number, which made us feel a little bit better. But we're at it again. Paul Skens is an almost even money through the first five, so we're going Pittsburgh first five money line. Obviously them offensively is a little bit of a worry, and the Diamondbacks have a big power offense. Zach Allen's on the mound. Zach Allen has been super inconsistent. You're getting one twenty two evs off of ONEO Cruz. I worry about that for Zach Allen when he starts to try to throw that change up early and counts that he gets to him. But really this is also about Paul Skeins holding down a Diamondbacks offense that has been kind of at Corbyn Carrol. He just did a homer, but he's been a little bit struggling. Could tell Marte has had some ahead a day off. He should be back into the game. But regardless of it is, I think I want to just back Paul Skans through the first five, so if we can be tied, we push. Otherwise, you know, the struggles of Zach Allen versus Paul Skean's dominance. I'm going to do that Pittsburgh first five money line. That's my favorite play of the day. We're also going to go with the Padres and the Marlins over eight and a half total runs, mainly because we've got Sandy al Contra, who has.
Speaker 4: Been super inconsistent through the entire seat.
Speaker 3: I mean, he can go four, giving up nowhere and runs, and then all of a sudden he's gonna give up five. You also got Kyle Hurt on the mound, which I don't think is something that is gonna hold down a whole bunch of runs. So eight and a f a half seems really good here, So minus one oh five we're gonna play that as well, and a plus money play the New York Yankees run line that is to win by two runs plus one two for the Yankees who have got the Angels. And you say Kakuchi today, I think Aaron Judge is gonna get to him. I think the Yankees are going to score some runs and they're gonna win by two. So it's a run line play with an over on the San Diego, Miami and Pittsburgh first five money line.
Speaker 1: There you have it. Don't forget everybody.
Speaker 2: Go do Fantasypros dot Com slash leading off so you can place your first bet on FanDuel for five bucks.
Speaker 1: If it wins, you get two hundred and fifty in bonus bets.
Speaker 2: And while you're betting, you might as well have the best tools of the planet at your fingertips. So download the Betting Pros app today, get a seven day free When you use that promo code leading off, you would lock exclusive betting tools like the prop bet cheat sheet for baseball, the Betting Pro Systems, Same Game parlay builder, sharp Ai, and so much more.
Speaker 1: Do it today.
Speaker 2: Betting Pro's premium is at your fingertips, ready to go, just download the app. All right, let's look at the home run board. I did not go yard yesterday because can tell Marte was sick. I'd football practice, so by the time I got home I realized he wasn't playing. It was over for me already, So whatever.
Speaker 1: So the Welsh is.
Speaker 2: At sixteen, Penguin is at nineteen. George still at the top of twenty five. It's getting lonely at the top for George. Everybody else at twenty two or less. Right now, I'm stuck at twelve, so I need four more to get on the board. The winner gets a Sammissa jersey from Pristine Auction dot Com. Again, go check out Pristine Auction today. I'm going with Manny Machado. That's where I'm going with today. That's right, plus five hundred. It gave you the numbers. Let's do it, Welsh, where are you going for your home run call?
Speaker 3: I am gonna go with Aaron Judge. I'm gonna be I'm gonna pull a Joey p and get me back on the board. Give me Judge or tany on it. But again I pointed out, like you say, Kakuchi is gonna get got to today, I think Aaron Judge will be the god her and Aaron Judge is going to be my play.
Speaker 2: You keep making up words all show just I would. I was looking at him earlier because you know, I'm not a I'm not above taking a you know, a star.
Speaker 1: His numbers.
Speaker 2: He does have two home runs, but his a career two hundred hitter in twenty five at bats against Kakuchi, So not as like dominant as you what think you know? Necessarily is he lefty on the mountain.
Speaker 4: Right right now?
Speaker 1: So that gave me pause.
Speaker 2: I was like, Wow, you only had two hundred hitter against Kokuchi. I thought that was kind of.
Speaker 3: I probably would have gone to your game had you not to be honest with you. I like the Machadou call TATS, I think is pretty interesting, but I decided to move to a completely different game.
Speaker 4: But I like your call in it.
Speaker 1: But we're going to speak again.
Speaker 4: Easy play.
Speaker 1: Watch the weather here on the East coast too, It's not too great. We open up the pool. It's been raining basically ever since.
Speaker 3: It's like I looked at the weather report almost every single game has got some rain chance. Outside of the Marlins game that's like the only one that's got zero precipitation. Every other game has got some varying degrees of win and some type of precipitation if it is outside.
Speaker 2: Our friend Van Rod has a question dropping Meyer for Chaconi or Horton or holding on not for Slade for Horton. I think I would. I think I would. I like the Cubs situation better.
Speaker 3: Too, especially if it's a ten team. I'm not sure you're giving me ten team vibes with those options.
Speaker 1: But I doesn't feel like ten.
Speaker 4: It feels more twelve.
Speaker 3: But I might do that for Horton because I think he's kind of locked himself in, and I, you know, offense better with the Cubs versus what.
Speaker 4: The Marlins are putting out there. So I'll go with Horton.
Speaker 2: The Geek wants to know Barger with a ninety five av one to sixteen Max ev why are we really not excited about him? Well, I mean we did discuss him on one of the shows. Actually we did, like a Waiver Wire show like.
Speaker 3: We did a Way for Wire video on Addison Barger and how really incredible the underlying stuff is looking.
Speaker 1: Right now, like how this we is that we're talking.
Speaker 4: It's come down.
Speaker 3: I just want to point out, like it's calmed down a little bit. But fifty seven percent hard hit rate, eleven percent barrel rate. He's hitting the ball crazy, crazy hard, and you know the counting stats don't even reflect it. Right now, he keeps getting playing time one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Here's one from Cartes Ben Brown or bird song rest of season.
Speaker 4: Birds. You're not a bird. I'm the bird song guy, so I don't.
Speaker 1: Think birds here. That's right. Uh.
Speaker 2: And here's one more from Ryan again sell or hold Michael Harris. Wellsh I'll let you take this one. Michael Harris, you're buying him a week ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think that's where I'm gonna stick. I'm trying to pull up his stuff here too. Twenty three nine stolen bases, three homers. Profile has been a little bit weird this year, but he's not striking out as much almost. You wonder if he's trying to become a different type of player. But I'm going to buy on Michael Harris. Coon you back just kind of gets that offense reving a little bit. More people are really that like, I would much rather buy that current level of Harris than selling and getting what I'm not even sure what what are you getting for Michael Hars at this point?
Speaker 4: So that's like a hold slash by.
Speaker 1: How do you say this one?
Speaker 4: Mazerowski?
Speaker 1: Know this the name of the person? I Isarowski a dumb ass?
Speaker 4: What's grilling? I mean like I'm not looking at his name. I see Miserowski in there.
Speaker 2: I like to say the names of the fans of the show who asked the questions, who take the time out of their busy schedules and days to join us.
Speaker 1: But this is like I need to buy a vowel here and.
Speaker 2: What there is a a niner? It actually isn't. Are you keep holding Misroowski or pick up Weather's last one?
Speaker 4: I think I want to hold miser I want to hold on.
Speaker 1: I want to hold Misroowski too.
Speaker 2: Now, look, if you got questions and you need answers, join us today live four pm Eastern on our YouTube channel, Fantasy ros MLB. Subscribe bring the bell so you don't miss it. You don't forget Every Wednesday, we take your questions.
Speaker 1: Live for about an hour, So get.
Speaker 2: Your fantasy baseball questions in join the channel, hang out with and that'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh.
Speaker 1: I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB