Speaker 1: Shut you out to turn it down. Damn yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yeah yo yo yeah yeah yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Good morning, just hilarious.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 3: He stood up playing it is Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 3: You know, just your friendly neighborhood nationally syndicated morning show. You know, I'm sure that this local morning shows that sound better? Ykay sloth all of y'all. Yes, that is right to trust me.
Speaker 1: It ain't what it appears to be.
Speaker 2: Okay, well come on, it just a live show. So all right, what's happened?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna get them started.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean nobody cares. What else?
Speaker 2: Good morning, yess how you feeling. I'm good. I come back, thank you. How was New Orleans is crazy? It was?
Speaker 1: It was crazy game? Huh you went to the game?
Speaker 4: No, I did not go to the game all every day. I was down Torow from the s from the sixth to the tent.
Speaker 2: Yes. I ate at Morrows.
Speaker 4: I ate at Mondays because you got another restaurant, Mondays.
Speaker 2: I ate at Yo up up a lot of different places.
Speaker 1: Dope, but it was good. It was lit.
Speaker 5: Yo.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something new.
Speaker 6: Orleans.
Speaker 2: That's where everybody decided to cheat at or something.
Speaker 4: Really yeah, and I'm telling you man, people were seeing me and they was their little side chicks, and I'm like, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Did report that you had a girlfriend.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about eyes dilated they see me.
Speaker 7: I'm like, when people see running way.
Speaker 1: Was supposed to be listening. Absolutely play with it.
Speaker 4: But the side chicks love Jesselarious, so they want to come and speak and all that.
Speaker 2: And it was no talking.
Speaker 1: To her because just with THESS.
Speaker 2: You should have seen some of their faces.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw something you posted in your story the other day. I was like, what the hell that means? Let me see where find it? What was that? Let me see if I could find it.
Speaker 2: I was coming at somebody else because you.
Speaker 3: Said something about you said something about cheating when you see your side. Yeah, you posted Beyonce meme and you were like, when I see both my dudes in public.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, you know that's funny. That was just a funny meme.
Speaker 1: It just making it. You look refreshed this morning though, to be out here raising a newborn.
Speaker 4: Absolutely am I okay?
Speaker 7: Just a little bit all right? Well, Tamika Mallory will be joining us this morning. She has a new book, I Live to Tell the Story.
Speaker 3: Yes, her new book, I Live to Tell the Story, a memoir of love, legacy, and Resilience, is out today via Black Privilege, Simon and Schuster Publishing, and she will be here to talk all about her last book, with State of Emergency, that was more of a guide to help us get through that particular time that.
Speaker 1: We were in twenty twenty twenty twenty one. But this book is actually her memoir. So you're talking all about it.
Speaker 2: Is she related to Sharry Shepherd?
Speaker 1: I don't know, you don't think so.
Speaker 2: Where you get that from? They favor you think so?
Speaker 1: The comedian let me look shy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that could be like a little sister like Tamika could be her little sister.
Speaker 2: I don't say it to me. I don't think they're related to trust.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 7: All right, Well, let's get the show crack and we got front page news. A lot to discuss in front page News, and then get it off your chest.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 7: You can start getting on the phone lines right now eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. If you need to vent, if you need to get some things off your chest. You can call us up right now. But Front page News is next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning warning everybody. It's DJ N V, Jess, Hilarious, Charlemagne the God. We are to breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 2: Good morning again, V Charlemagne and Jess. How y'all feel in good?
Speaker 1: Bless Black and Holly favor? What up, Morgan? I love it. I love to hear that.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 8: So the latest on Front page News is there's yet another aviation accident. Before I get into that, let's check in with the Trump administration. So Hamas is suspending a planned hostage release for this weekend after it claimed Israel is not following the terms of their ceasefire agreement. A Hamas officials said there have been numerous violations, which they said include delaying the return of displaced Palestinians to Northern Gaza, not allowing supplies to enter the strip, and gunfire in various parts of the regent Now. The militant group said because of this, the hostage exchange that's set for Saturday is been postponed until further notice.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 8: Israel said the development is a complete violation of the ceasefire and hostage deal that they struck before Now. Yesterday afternoon, President Trump spoke from the Oval, officing he would call for an end to the ceasefire deal if Israel and Hamas between Israel and Hamas, if every Israeli hostage is not released from Gaza on Saturday, let's hear more from President Trump.
Speaker 9: As far as I'm concerned, if all of the hostages aren't returned by Saturday at twelve o'clock, I think it's an appropriate time. I would say, cancel it, and all bets are off and let hell break out. I'd say they ought to be returned by twelve o'clock on Saturday. And if they're not returned, all of them, not in drips and drabs, not two and one and three and four and two Saturday at twelve o'clock, and after that, I would say, all hell is going to break out.
Speaker 10: What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know what the ceasefire agreement is, but I'm sure Trump. But Trump would rather give Israel to greenlight to wipe Gaza out. Like Trump already told you, he wants to take over the region and displace all the Palestinians, So that don't sound like, you know, they looking for peace. Also, if they go in and you know, wipe out the Gaza script, won't they be hurting the hostages too?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely yeah, absolutely so.
Speaker 8: In a recent interview with Fox News Brett Bayer, Trump said Palestinians wouldn't be welcomed back to the Gaza strip if they if the US decided to take over the region, because the conditions aren't livable, and he also called it a demolition site. He believes that he could strike a deal with neighboring nations to take in displace Palestinians. Neighboring nations like Egypt and Jordan. Let's hear more from President Trump on Gaza.
Speaker 11: No, they wouldn't because they're going to have much better housing, much better In other words, I'm talking about building a permanent place for them if they have to return. Now, it would be years before you could have it's not habitable, it will be years before it could happen. I think I could make a deal with Jordan. I think I could make a deal with Egypt. You know, we give them billions and billions of dollars a year.
Speaker 8: Now, the President, he's not wrong about that. The US does provide Jordan in Egypt with billions of dollars in humanitarian aid. But he does believe he could strike a deal with those nations, an other or other Arab nations. But so far they've pushed back, saying the plan would be a violation of international law. Some Republicans say that they believe this plan is far fetched. But Trump will be meeting with the King of Jordan at the White House today, so we will see how that develops. And in a political news relative to New York, the Department of Justice is set to drop a federal corruption case against New York City Mayor Eric Adams. That's according to a memo sent by Acting Deputy Attorney General Emma Amil Beauvey that instructed the acting US Attorney for the Southern District to dismiss the charges as soon as is practical. Charges were brought against Adams last year and what was the first prosecution of a sitting mayor in New York City history. So let's continue to watch out and see what happens to New York City Mayor Eric Adams. We knew that this was probably coming, but as he has aligned himself with the new administration. It seems as though that appears to be working in his favor.
Speaker 1: Why I didn't know the charge was going to be dropped. I thought that, you know, Trump would probably.
Speaker 2: Parton him after the fact.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the mayor did tell top officials not to criticize the President Trump and not to interfere with immigration enforcement.
Speaker 1: So I guess being on the side of Donald Trump has his privileges for somebody like mayor Adam. Yeah.
Speaker 7: But the crazy thing is is when you look at the judicial system in the last what ten days, fifteen days, there is no nobody gives an that f like people do whatever they want to do.
Speaker 2: That's not true. What are you talking about.
Speaker 7: He just parted all these people. He didn't even go through the judicial process.
Speaker 1: But it's definitely a judicial system for regular mother efforts like us, not for those individuals. That's what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: But that is wild.
Speaker 3: Your ath ain't getting no pardon, Your your athink is gonna get your charges right.
Speaker 7: Talking, But it's crazy because if you align yourself with Trump or you have some political phrase, you don't.
Speaker 2: Even got to go to court.
Speaker 7: You you can do the crime and just I guess maybe it hasn't if we just haven't sitting in our face like this, but now it's in our face where it's just like middle fingers up, effort. It is what it is on both sides, though, yeap, literally on both sides.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: I'm still thinking about that God's Script thing.
Speaker 3: I really would like to talk to somebody way smarter than me about that, because I don't know how any of those things work. But if you decided to give Israel to Green, like to wipe out the godascript because he said that.
Speaker 1: All hell would break loose on a twelve noon Saturday.
Speaker 3: Yes, if you would be If you did that, you'd be taking out the hostages too, right, Like, if you want the hostages to be returned slavery safely, doesn't that defeat the whole purpose to have them just go wipe out the gods script?
Speaker 7: So almost like if I can't have them, you can't have me either. I have no idea, but that's what it sounds like.
Speaker 1: I don't, I don't don't. I don't get that.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, that is front page News. Thank you, Morgan. All right, talk to y'all at seven.
Speaker 7: Everybody else, get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines to wide open again eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 2: Call us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Wake up, wake up.
Speaker 2: At your time to get it off your chest? Your man, blas, we want to hear from you on the breakfast blass he who's this?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 12: Ify?
Speaker 5: This is Marcus man Mark?
Speaker 2: Because what's up? Where you call him from?
Speaker 10: Brother?
Speaker 13: Call him for Rafael North Carolina?
Speaker 2: What's up? Brother? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 12: Looked? Doubt? How you doing?
Speaker 6: Vy?
Speaker 2: I'm good?
Speaker 13: All right, all right, I'm.
Speaker 14: Calling Hold up my man, Charlamagne the fairy.
Speaker 1: Man right here, sir? How your mama doing?
Speaker 13: The man?
Speaker 5: You can't you can't go a week?
Speaker 13: No, he ain't a god here.
Speaker 5: The fairy bro?
Speaker 1: Okay anything else?
Speaker 13: Man, You can't go a week without saying no gates store broud a week.
Speaker 1: I ain't say nothing gay all week.
Speaker 12: You can't be the god brother.
Speaker 5: Where you be talking? Bro? It sounds like a fairy bro.
Speaker 1: You can't beat me up?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 13: Come on, man, you you want to stick you a little big guy bro talking about but more you look you look more like what my man name Ruthe Paul Charla Man, I.
Speaker 2: Never heard that one.
Speaker 1: That was you still can't beat me up?
Speaker 12: No more, no more?
Speaker 3: Is there anything else you'd like to say about my attractive features because you notice a lot of them.
Speaker 13: Man, I know you can't go a week without staying up about big sticks, the bubble gum.
Speaker 5: I know that.
Speaker 13: Y'all have a.
Speaker 12: Good I love y'all. I love y'all. Call the man. Tighten up?
Speaker 1: Man, you just said you love me. You want to tighten lose? He's like, no, I'm done with Hello.
Speaker 6: Who's this?
Speaker 14: This Mike from Louisiana band of what's yam?
Speaker 2: What's something like? What's happening?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 13: I want to get out of my chest and leave law La louis the laws.
Speaker 14: She got a man, it's that's a damn lie.
Speaker 1: Well, you know we got along.
Speaker 3: She got a few prospects for fry, though she acting like she don't, but she got a few. And yesterday she said it's a marathon as far as Valentine's Day's concerned. And you know from what I come on, from what I've been told, a lot of participations in the marathon.
Speaker 1: I want to know what place, then.
Speaker 5: What point time? Man LRD. I just want to know.
Speaker 1: She's not in it. I don't know what. What's your name?
Speaker 14: Tell us your name Mike from Louisiana.
Speaker 1: Oh, she don't know you for real?
Speaker 2: Mike Man?
Speaker 1: You crazy, Mike trying to get in the race.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, Mike, Hello, who's.
Speaker 16: This is the morning?
Speaker 5: This is James called from North Carolina.
Speaker 2: What's James getting off your chest? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Over the weekend, Man, I checked up that documentary on Luther Vandross. I didn't realize how much that that man's music played a part of my young life. I mean, banger as a banger. That man was really talented.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, what kind of I never heard nobody say anything. I didn't know it was ever a question of whether not move for Van Drausser talented.
Speaker 5: No, No, it was not that far. I mean, I know he was. It was undoubted that he's talented. But you know, I didn't realize how much his music played a part in my life. When I was growing up. My parents always played his stuff man, and I always loved his music. But looking back at it, I was like, man, Man, he had some bankers.
Speaker 3: He got too much, never too much here and now dance with my father home, so many records like too many?
Speaker 17: Yeah, man.
Speaker 5: And on top of that, I never realized he didn't have a significant other. He never had a significant other.
Speaker 1: I'm just that you didn't. Yeah, you didn't know who the person was.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you didn't know who he was.
Speaker 5: Well he kept it close to the chance then because.
Speaker 1: Wow, you didn't know who he was.
Speaker 6: He was gay.
Speaker 2: It's so funny.
Speaker 1: What about people, well, I mean they talk about it, talk about.
Speaker 5: Well he mentioned, he mentioned in the doc that he doesn't he doesn't want to put his sex loudy out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, I agree, it don't matter.
Speaker 3: I don't know when we got to this point in our society where we gotta know what everybody doing in their bedroom. It don't matter, Like you know, Luther Vandro slap regardless, that's.
Speaker 2: Right, slap that ass.
Speaker 3: Never too much gonna slap, regardless of if you're talking about you know, penis, vagina, Jesus, you know, whatever it.
Speaker 2: Is, get it off your chest.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club, Good morning, the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: It is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad.
Speaker 5: Or blast, so you better have the same innagy we want.
Speaker 2: To hear from you on the breakfast club. Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 12: Hey? Good morning? And behind you doing this is Wayne and Los Angeles. Good morning.
Speaker 2: What's up Wayne? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 12: Brother, Yes, sir, our first mmy. I just want to say our standing job that you guys do is just go. I just don't have the words for it, but and I just want to say Trump is headed towards being a full dictator now because this man is start ignoring federal judges orders, and Vance is you know, running point for him, and once that starts, it won't be no turning back from this dictatorship that this man is trying to go into. And it's really time for us, the people that were maning people, to get out in protest for a kind whatever we got to do peacefully, peacefully, and I emphasize that peacefully to make sure this man doesn't overturn this democracy that people like myself fought for and even though I'm sure people in you guys family sought for it too. So I just want to say, you know, y'all are doing outstanding. Josh Charlotte man, that's my main man. Just the hilarious. She's my beautiful.
Speaker 5: Queen, and all the queens to come on that.
Speaker 12: Uh promote the news and everything. I really enjoyed, y'all. God bless y'all. Oh yeah, just your beautiful baby. A thousand kisses for her, y'all.
Speaker 1: Have him go appreciate you brother, you know you'd be, you'd be. He's not wrong at all. Like you know, I was watching yesterday, I was speaking Mike Johnson declined to say whether President Donald Trump and his administration to comply with court rules. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So when you got an administration being sued on multiple fronts because of Trump's dismissing federal employees, and you know he's free he's freezing a certain funds appropriated by Congress, they're saying they don't have to they don't know whether they have to comply with court rulers.
Speaker 1: That lets you know all you need to know. Right there?
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this here? What's up?
Speaker 7: Trap?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 12: Tiling was going on?
Speaker 14: Jackson's going on?
Speaker 10: Or Lauren?
Speaker 1: I don't know who they're ast?
Speaker 5: Oh, what's up?
Speaker 10: Draft.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 12: How you doing? Baby? What's up?
Speaker 1: Jesus? What's the word?
Speaker 14: I got a question for y'all.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've been coming up there for like what.
Speaker 17: About a good seven years now, and I never got none of the gay accommodation that apparently y'all given out there at the Breakfast Club. And I don't even know what the gay accommodations are with the benefits are of being gay and coming up to the Breafast Club. Can y'all please let me know, because I've been coming up there for a while now, but.
Speaker 3: We got a different chair for gay people for this, A chair that got like this, Uh, it's like a building so when you sit on it, but you got to press the button. If you don't press the button, it won't shoot up if you don't press the button.
Speaker 1: Say, why have I never been offered this?
Speaker 2: Cheers?
Speaker 1: I mean you never. I don't know, you never asked for it.
Speaker 14: You matter of fact that I'm gonna see you, I don't know you didn't even saying yesterday, shar I kind of just put you in there. But men can, like men can actually be born gay. Ask me how I know?
Speaker 2: How do you know?
Speaker 14: Because I'm a gay man that was born gay.
Speaker 1: I do think. I do think people are born gay.
Speaker 14: I believe, like I've never been attracted to a woman at all, Like when it comes to like actually attraction, like at all, I didn't even get direction.
Speaker 1: All right, I believe people. I believe people are born gay. I don't disagree with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, I don't think everybody is born gay.
Speaker 14: Everybody can't be turned out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, be turned out?
Speaker 2: You got a story?
Speaker 14: Well I want to tell I want to tell.
Speaker 1: You couldn't.
Speaker 3: I would be doing to turn it out. That's number one. Okay, you couldn't never turn me out. Okay, let's be clear about that.
Speaker 6: Marcus.
Speaker 3: Just call this saying enough, Well, Trave is actually gay. So we're having a conversation. I'm just letting Trave know he couldn't turn me out, all right, I would turn him out.
Speaker 1: Hello, Trave, Oh.
Speaker 2: Out gay gay?
Speaker 1: That is so funny, but it is true. Like I do believe people are born gay.
Speaker 3: But then I do believe that some people probably make a choice, like you know, depending on the circumstance.
Speaker 2: Not probably definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've warned about people being gay for pay in prison.
Speaker 2: My god, I wasn't talking in prison.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they make the choice for you, right saying yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, well get it off your chest. We got just with the mess coming.
Speaker 4: Up, yes, ketch eck, streams going up, and all people can think about it is shaping his jeans, his shaping guys them Levi is the ball bottoms that he had on. He was very much giving. But that's all people worried about. And this man's streams going crazy and all that.
Speaker 7: All right, well we'll get to that next dope move. It's the breakfast club, go boarding the breakfast club wanting everybody's t J N and V. Just hilarious, Charlamagne the gud We are the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Let's get you just with the message.
Speaker 10: This is real.
Speaker 18: Just Rob the Lord just don't.
Speaker 2: Do is gonna bring numbers on the breakfast club.
Speaker 19: Stott Stotts.
Speaker 4: So good in them jeans in my in my opinion, he looked good. The grouse was you know, you got to see how you work out. The was tight and everything. And I had the same Levi's. I had them the bell bottom Levi's it was fire. Well his are actually selene but damn, but but the glutes they did when he turned around I thought it was Levi's Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: So you saw the shape.
Speaker 4: Well, the shape and the glutes have helped him a lot, because Kendrick Lamar is streamed for his twenty twenty four song not Like Us actually soared to four hundred and thirty percent on Spotify.
Speaker 2: The glutes helped him out with that Oh yeah girl.
Speaker 4: You know when the body be body and they do what's supposed to do, you know how to go and this was all. This all happened hours after his halftime performance at the super Bowl, which is not uncommon. This happens with all the artists that take the Super Bowl stage. Is such a big stage, that's why they do it. The nine other songs he performed as a part of his thirteen minute set reached into the double digits for one hundred and seventy five percent total game, and this is according to data that was provided by the streaming service on Monday, according to US Spotify. Now that's great for him, but the there have been people still reacting good, bad, indifferent, woman's yeah to the performance. DJ Mustard actually sat down, not sat down, but he crawled into.
Speaker 2: A big boy in LA.
Speaker 4: The day after the Super Bowl performance and talked about the fact that DJ Mustard meant I'm sorry, the fact that Kendrick Lamar mentioned the lawsuit on the stage.
Speaker 2: Let's take a listen to audio too.
Speaker 20: When I was actually watching it last night and I told the neighborhood, I said, you probably get a damn damn, damn damn and that's it. So when I saw that part coming when he said about you know, he wanted to do it, but you know, paraphrasing, they.
Speaker 2: Liked too, I thought that's what I thought. That was it.
Speaker 10: I actually never heard that. I actually never heard that part either. I mean I heard the part, but I never heard him say that. And I was like, Okay, that's hard. So you good man, it's really good.
Speaker 1: You didn't know I was joking.
Speaker 21: I was joking with him that like in the in like in like the middle of the week, and I just woul send him a voice and the.
Speaker 2: Like, oh no, you really do it. So you hadn't heard that they loved the sue part.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, he s I didn't know what he was doing his own thing.
Speaker 20: Did you catch that live the same way that we called it live?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I think the whole everybody's production everybody. That was just something here.
Speaker 3: I don't know even you think Drake would double down on being a sucker ass saw a loser by suing the NFL.
Speaker 1: I don't think he would do that. I don't think he shout the NFL right now.
Speaker 4: He did release a statement before the Super Bowl at Universal, he didn't come out in the NFL.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: At this point, I think everybody is like he basically said that they're not backing down. They don't care that the song's about to go to the Super Bowl, Like they're gonna keep doing what they're doing because they have proof of what they're leging. But I feel like at this point, since he didn already did any people, are you on them?
Speaker 2: Anybody for game?
Speaker 3: We how many legal letters they sent the NFL just trying to get the NFL to stop Kendrick from doing that song beforehand?
Speaker 1: Though I know he did, I know they did.
Speaker 7: I think they were to put that out what the super the NFL would have put that out that, you know, is there a report to that.
Speaker 4: We talked about that like a minute ago and like nothing surfaced from it. But must have actually talked about Drake too, because Big Boy wanted to know.
Speaker 2: You know, how does he move forward? Let's take a listen to audio one man.
Speaker 20: With everything through the battle, the five Grammy nominations, and as you said, man sweep super Bowl? What does what? And I know you can't speak for him. What the hell does Drake do after all this?
Speaker 10: I don't know, man. I actually don't think about what he could do. I have no idea.
Speaker 21: I kind of try to stay aligned with just pure, like just being pure and being on the right side of things and not doing no tactics and gimmicks. I've learned to not the tactics, the things that you do just to get attention.
Speaker 10: You don't need to do that. Just make music, man, and make good music and it'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Hey, man, So I don't know.
Speaker 10: I don't know what he will do.
Speaker 22: Now.
Speaker 3: There are some people who work it's like I got no damn howl on my shirt, were asking me what this man need to do for strategy?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Well, a lot of people were saying that the super Bowl performance was horrible. We already talked about that, but Nick Young sat down with Gidbderenas.
Speaker 2: And't so stupid.
Speaker 1: There's somebody that well, horrible is a reach.
Speaker 4: Gilbert Arenas had a whole I mean, Gilbert Rea, I'm sorry, Nick Young had a whole different take. Let's take a listen to audio five.
Speaker 22: Number one, the Rap Game from Overall like the best ever, all the best ever, Wow, And I'm glad he's out of California. It was tough to say because I didn't like to put people over Tupac. Well, I think after that performance, Kendrick is.
Speaker 2: Like you put Kendrick over Tupac after the Super Bowl half times.
Speaker 1: I don't want to don't say it like that, but I was saying.
Speaker 16: We suddenly suda, how you want to say your say no time?
Speaker 1: What happened.
Speaker 2: Kendrick is the greatest rapper.
Speaker 10: It was an eighty point.
Speaker 2: It was an eighty one.
Speaker 10: That was eighty one last night.
Speaker 1: Sure, nothing controversial about what he always over.
Speaker 2: I was here when Tubac was here. But tell you over Tubac.
Speaker 3: First of all, calm down, miss extreme, Okay, because that's what y'all like to do, jump the extremes. I'm saying that there's nothing controversial about what he said, because Kendrick is absolutely in the conversation, whatever conversation you want to have, whoever you wanted to bate him against. He's absolutely in the conversation. I don't care if it's Jay Pop, Biggie, whoever you think is the greatest. Kendrick is in the conversation.
Speaker 7: I'd be so surprised when everybody has these opinions, because everybody have their own opinion, right, Nick Young is not the top of the top when it comes to opinions. It's kind of like what that that ski with Chappelle says that something happened, Like what did y'all rule think? It's like, yeah, that's everybody has an opinion. Nick Young might look at it one way, somebody else might look at it.
Speaker 2: But drink is in the conversation. It's definitely in the conversation.
Speaker 3: There's no debate, absolutely controversial about what he said. If you're arguing about Kendrick Lamar being the greatest rapper of all time, that is a fair conversation. He is one hundreds in a conversation.
Speaker 2: Well, the conversation was had.
Speaker 4: Now in the conversation went from that to Ken thick because that is what they're calling Kendrick now, Ken, think them silly.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to tell you them. Ciliane Jeans and him every every looking to be a little jealous. Now, I know, looking to be a little jealous. Now, togure out.
Speaker 1: Where did that come from?
Speaker 2: Over the jealous see, I know you saw him in them jeans.
Speaker 1: Them gay ass, over your fan pages doing that they create.
Speaker 2: I saw that headliness.
Speaker 4: I've seen to know some of the fact like the els.
Speaker 2: Jets with the mess. Thank you Jess, thank you Lauren.
Speaker 7: Now when we come back, we got front page news, and then Tamika Mallory will be joining us.
Speaker 2: I don't go anywhere. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Good morning, warning everybody, it's dej Envy Jets, hilarious, Charlamagne the God. We are to breakfast Club. Let's get back in some front page news. What's up, Morgan Man.
Speaker 2: Aviation is going crazy. We don't know what's going on over here.
Speaker 8: We got an accident over here, at accidents over there, accidents everywhere, and it's just a sad thing that's happening. Okay, So, and unfortunate aviation accident happened yesterday in Scottsdale, Arizona. This time official say a collapsed landing gear is the apparent cause of a deadly plane crash in Scottsdale Airport near Phoenix.
Speaker 2: Now one of the jets.
Speaker 8: Involved belonged to Motley Crue lead singer Vince Neil. Airport spokesperson Kelly Keaster says the crash involved two business jets and she believes the accidents is the result of the equipment failure. Scottsdale Fire Department spokesperson Dave Folio says one person was killed in the crash and he detailed the scene.
Speaker 2: Let's hear more from those officials.
Speaker 23: At fourteen thirty nine, a Lear Jet aircraft on its arrival from Austin veered off the runway and collided with another jet, a gulf Stream two hundred aircraft that was parked. It appears that the left main gear failed upon landing, resulting in the accident.
Speaker 24: We had five patients we treated. One was a fatality. We had two immediates that were transported to local trauma centers. We had one delayed patient and then one patient that refused treatment.
Speaker 8: So Scottsdale TMZ reports rather that the Motley Crue lead singer Vince Neil he was not on the plane. However, his girlfriend was and she is currently in the hospital with broken ribs.
Speaker 1: Recovering.
Speaker 8: Scottsdale Airport is just a few minutes from where the PGA's waste management Phoenix open was held over the weekend as well, so you know, the calls are just too close. Switching gears back to DC, Senators are set to vote on the nomination of Cash Fattel to be the FBI director. Now Democrats were able to delay the nomination side his plan to shut down the agency's headquarters and reopen it as.
Speaker 2: A museum of the quote deep state.
Speaker 8: Now California Senator Alex Padia, he's raised questions and concerns about Cash Pattel's ability to lead the FBI independently from the president. You know, FBI is supposed to be independent from that of the president. Now, Padia slammed Patel's opposition to universal background checks for guns and his support for civilian ownership of machine guns. Let's hear more from California Senator Alex Padia.
Speaker 25: In times of chaos and crisis like this, the public deserves to see trusted leaders in the most important positions. So it's in that context that makes the nomination, that potential confirmation of Cash Paateel even more alarmed. That's the kind of judgment you want at the FBI, I don't think so.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 8: The Washington Post reported over the weekend that Patel was paid last year by a Russian film company that pushes both conspiracy theories and anti Western views.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, do you really want to confirm somebody who has an enemy's list? Like, I don't know if y'all know, Cash Hotel got an enemy list, You got a roster more than sixty individuals accused of being a part of the deep state. I don't think that's a person you want to put in. Somebody who's just coming in with an enemy's list.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, And you know, like you said, being able to actually work independent from the president, being able to actually work independent, and you know, the whole point is justice.
Speaker 1: So but this comes at the same time.
Speaker 8: Tulci Gabbard is a step clo closer to becoming the Director of National Intelligence. She cleared a majority hurdle on Monday night, when the US Senate voted along party lines to advance her nomination. The final vote to confirm her, the former former Hawaii congresswoman, is expected to be held later tonight or early on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Elsewhere, the protester.
Speaker 8: Who was running around with the Palestinian and Sudanese flags during Kendrick Mars Super Bowl halftime show. He will not face any charges, no criminal charges anyways. New Orleans Police said in a statement he was ejected from Caesar Super Dome by security, but he was not arrested. The man was a part of the performance and apparently hid the flag under his clothing a police eight. Since he was he was allowed on the field, they did not press charges of trespassing. The NFL has already handed down a lifetime ban for all stadiums and events, so he can't attend a concert, he can't go to a game golf for protest.
Speaker 3: But he didn't sneak on the field though, right, He was a part of.
Speaker 8: Ye he was a part of the performance and snuck the protesting materials under his clothes.
Speaker 2: So he has all.
Speaker 7: Practiced all He had the practice everything with Kdrick for weeks.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yes, he did, Yes he did.
Speaker 8: Speaking of the Super Bowl sixty is already we already looking forward to sixty. Super Bowl sixty is coming to Northern California at Levi Stadium in the Bay Area now San Francisco, forty nine Ers owner Jet York was in New Orleans to accept the hosting duties. This will be the second time the game will be at the venue in Santa Clair. The sporting event looks to bring a significant economic to the region. In twenty sixteen, the region saw a two hundred and forty million dollars surge and sales tax revenue. And speaking of Monian, you mentioned this to me a little bit off air, and the President Trump, he is directing the US Treasury to stop minting new pennies. So Trump wrote in a post on Sunday Night on truth Social that the country has for too long, far too long, minted pennies, which he says literally costs US more than two cents. It does supposedly cost about three a little bit over three cents to make one penny. So the US Mint reported a loss of over eighty five million dollars for the twenty twenty four fiscal year on over three billion pennies it produced.
Speaker 1: So is Donald Trump like anything brow that.
Speaker 2: I was about to say that that's so crazy.
Speaker 7: But if the penny cost three point seven to make a gain, it the penny it caused more than the pennies worth.
Speaker 2: That'll make no sense. Yeh, yep, well you're right about that.
Speaker 3: It's like, but then yeah, that don't make no sense to me though, because that means that all of the coins probably caused more to make worth well the pending.
Speaker 2: If the penny costs more, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sure that the nickel and quarters called more to make too. I don't think so you think the nickel only costs You think the nickel costs left in five and.
Speaker 2: The penny cost three point seven? What is the nickel cost but four point s I don't know, made out of like what is it?
Speaker 1: What is the penny?
Speaker 11: Copper?
Speaker 1: What is it? Yeah, the penny is copper?
Speaker 2: Has they made out of different things? It depends on what you know?
Speaker 1: What the how much?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're right because the nickels, of course thirteen point eight ten, So I guess you're right.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 6: Dang.
Speaker 8: So all those people who have all those jars of change and all of that, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 10: Hey, well starts.
Speaker 1: That's why I don't make no sense.
Speaker 3: You phase out the penny I was reading, are going to see it, and you phase out the penny. It says you need to make more nickels and the nickel.
Speaker 2: It don't make sense.
Speaker 8: If it don't make sense, don't make the money then huh. All right, so that's the front page news some work. It would follow me on social app Morgan Media. For more news coverage, follow app Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app and visit us at bndnews dot com.
Speaker 4: Y'all have an amazing day now.
Speaker 7: When we come back, Tamika Mallory will be joining us her new book, I Live to Tell the Story, A Memoir of a love, Legacy and Resilience.
Speaker 2: She'll be joining us next. And don't go Anywhere's the breakfast club Goo, Morning morning everybody.
Speaker 7: It's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast Club Long La Rosa filling in for Jess, and we got a special guest.
Speaker 2: In the building. Yes, indeed, the new book is out right now.
Speaker 7: I Live to Tell a Story, A Memoir of love, Legacy and resilience. Ladies and gentlemen. Tamika Mallory, welcome back to me family.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling. It's good to see y'all.
Speaker 6: I'm good.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling excited up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the boy today today came out to day I live to say the story her memoir.
Speaker 4: Yes, and thank you, my brother, thank you, Because you know, Charlemagne and I as our family made some decisions about my book deal. I called him to say, hey, I don't know am I supposed to it was during the summer. No, it was twenty twenty one, I don't know what it was twenty twenty right the book was released in twenty twenty one, so you know, I called him to be like, hey, they're offering me a lot of money, but there's a lot of people offering me different deals.
Speaker 2: What should I do?
Speaker 4: So he's like, well, you know, I have a new imprint, and you know, if you want to be my first book, I'm down to do a deal with you. And I was like, oh, I didn't even need to hear the rest of it. I just said yes, and I'm excited. I'm glad that I did. I had a lot of creative control here. I will text you and say they're not listening to me. Tell them something, you know, But it worked out. The whole team has put a lot of love and energy in these both books, but this one right here is real special to me.
Speaker 3: What's the difference in mindset when it comes to a memoir, because I love to tell a story as a memoir.
Speaker 1: State of Emergency wasn't a memoir. What's the difference between the two.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: State of Emergency was more so my theory of change for America. It was really a prescription for what I think we need to do as a country, and especially how people can be not just allies of ours, but really accomplices like throw down with us, get yourself in trouble if you really stand with black people. But this book is a prescription for me, and hopefully what comes out of it is that somebody else will read the book and say, wow, I've had some of the same challenges or I was thinking of going down the same path, but I see something different that I can do. And I know there's a lot of people out here, especially young girls, who need somebody to tell them that their mistakes are not the end of life, you know, because everybody's going to tell you, Oh, you're too fast, you're too loud, you talk too much. That's what that's the black girl experience. I'm sure you know we talk all the time. But I think what you now see is that people pay me to talk, right. So I went from being told that I needed to be quiet to people saying, hey, speak up, you know, and speak up for me.
Speaker 2: So I'm hoping that it translates in that way. And in fact, a lot of.
Speaker 4: People got pre copies, and you know, all the things that happens in the publishing world, and I've all already been hearing from people, and I'm on my third tour date pre release, well now release. But the folks who are meeting me and saying, hey, you touched me in so many ways just because you were honest about things we try to hide.
Speaker 2: That has been really powerful.
Speaker 7: That was going to ask why the memoir now? Some people will say it's still too early for a memoir. Some people will say, you know, a memoir is a period piece of time in your life, so why now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what, I'm at the hopefully like a little less than halfway point, right about fifty you think you're kind of at the halfway point of life. I'm forty four. Obviously, people saw that in me, that there was a story. And when I first when I first sat and wrote a outline and outline of what would be in the book, I didn't believe on page.
Speaker 2: One that there was a story. I was like, this is whatever.
Speaker 4: But by the time we finished the outline and went over it together, I said, oh my god, like, this is a real powerful story. And I'm at the point in my life where I can actually walk with this book and tell the story for myself versus being elderly, you know, and kind of unable to even remember some of the things that happened, you know. But obviously a big part of this book is that I ended up going to rehab for the pill addiction, which we've talked about on this show before, and I think that that marks a really important time that kind of like bookends the story, you know, from me starting as a little girl. I tell you all about that because who knew, coming from the projects in Harlem that I was going to end up on stages in front of millions of people and that folks would be listening to me as a leader.
Speaker 2: No one ever instilled that.
Speaker 4: I mean, my parents may have told me that, but the world didn't say little black girl from the projects can become this. It just you know, wasn't a thing. So that's that's the first part. But then there's like there's challenges that come with influence and what some people consider to be celebrity, even though I don't really use that in reference to myself, but some people feel that way. There's challenges that come with all of that and ending up in that place, that dark place of being in rehab. It's something that I knew I had to tell, and I don't want it to be like mixed into an early story. I really wanted it to be like you and me, we on this journey together right now. When I said it here on the Breakfast Club, people started reaching out to me that you know, because you're in the world, so you understand. But there are a lot of people that you would think WHOA A lot of people did what I did because when I first contacted Jason Williams, the NBA All Star, you know he is in the healing space after all the things we know he went through. My first contact in him, I was kind of like, Hey, my friend is going through something, what can you tell me. He let me do that for two times, two three calls. By the third call, he was like, Sis, I already know what it is. It's all good, Like you need to get together basically, and I started getting those and some people who were real honest, and I said, oh, hold up, this is serious, because.
Speaker 2: These it's not.
Speaker 4: It wasn't people who look cracked out on the street. This was folks who have big jobs, They sitting in big positions, and they were like, I am so proud of you that you were brave to speak about it, and you know, I know somebody who might be also dealing. Pill addiction is real, you know what I mean? Pill addiction is real because it's silent. You don't smell it like alcohol. You don't see people looking like they're high, but they're taking pills to numb themselves, all different types of things. And when I started to see how many people have the same experience, I knew it was time for me to release this story.
Speaker 3: You know, another part of the book that I love is when you talk about, you know, what happened with the women's mark, and you know, not just what.
Speaker 1: Happened with you.
Speaker 3: I wonder if people are going to read that, especially women that were involved, and said, man, she wasn't just ringing the alarm for herself, she was ringing the along for how they're trying to break us up. That was such an amazing movement that though I feel like they broke up rather fast.
Speaker 1: Was that a hard chapter, right?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, the Women's March part is really difficult for me even to talk about, just because first of all, it still exists and there are people there who were a part of breaking up the Women's March. So yeah, it's hard to write about that. Our experience there is something that, Yes, it was amazing, incredible. I'm glad I did it, even knowing what I know, I would do it again because we made history that can't be taken away from.
Speaker 1: Us, are duplicated, and it.
Speaker 2: Is it does exist.
Speaker 4: I mean, they actually just had something that was you know good. You know, I'm glad that they're continuing our work because we certainly were the trailblazers.
Speaker 2: We started it.
Speaker 4: The list that is, you know that that they used, the social media, all of that we created. That those are people who started following us. And it's not about just replacing individuals. It's also, in my judgment, about the people who were there, were or ordained if you will, to be there, right like, it was the place that God put us and it was for a reason. And so there's a history that exists that at times it can be painful to have to relive and then also to kind of see people act like they were the first ones at the gate, you know what I mean. And so but at the same time, I will say that I know there are some incredible women that are in the Women's March today, Black women who've taken over the space, and they're making sure that the Women's March continues to be welcoming to black women, and so you know, I'm happy to see that word continue.
Speaker 7: We have more with to Meeka Mallory when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's the dej En v Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. Lauren la Ross is hanging out with us today and we're still kicking with t Mika Mallory. Her new book, I Live to Tell a Story is out today, Lauren.
Speaker 4: So I know the Target conversation comes up when I think about this, right, and you were pushing the boycott Target when a DEI stuff happened, and then like Target the Brown there's people saying, don't boycott Target, support the black brands so that they don't erase the black brands.
Speaker 2: Out of there.
Speaker 4: I know you get pushed back for your take, but I don't know you also listen to it as well to try and figure out how to move forward.
Speaker 2: What's the answer to all of that?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Because you're strongly on one side, you got other people on the other side like, is there ever really answer to that?
Speaker 2: Like what do we really do?
Speaker 21: Well?
Speaker 4: First of all, people gonna do whatever they gonna do, So let's just be clear about that. We're never going to be in a situation where one hundred percent of anybody of any group says we're all gonna do the same thing. And I also want to say publicly that I love and appreciate tap at the Brown. Right, this is a sister that I watch all the time.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I see people in my comments section like, oh ta a thing going like we're not doing that right? Like, I'm supportive of her. I've purchased products from her offline. I support her, love the system. And it's not just her. There's a bunch of a bunch of things in Target as well, absolutely lit lip Bar, who I just learned of rook Roots. Uh yeah, it's so many people I want to get in trouble for that. So all of these businesses are important, and I think that we do need to support them.
Speaker 2: Your presence is also a part.
Speaker 4: Of your boycott, right, It's also a part of your protest, if you will that when you walk through the door of a business, a building, anywhere you go, if people see your face, that also is a sign of support.
Speaker 2: So a part of our withdrawal.
Speaker 4: Is that we shouldn't even be showing up in spaces where people are saying they don't want And I am very careful not to continuously say DEI, because that takes away the power of the meaning. Diversity, equity and inclusion are what we're talking about. And so if somebody says I've decided that I'm rolling back the diversity, equity and inclusion, what are we talking about. There's no reason for me to even give you my money. I just I don't see a reason to shopping your stores and to be a consumer that helps you to raise your bottom line.
Speaker 7: I guess people will well questioning like how do you decide which business to start?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 7: Because you know you could say Target, but like you said Walmart, people should get their packages on Amazon.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 7: People are still on Facebook all day long, They're still on Instagram moll day. So I guess people were saying, like, how do you pick and choose which way to go?
Speaker 4: So I have a perfect answer for you for that. It comes from the people. It comes from the bottom up. You have to be able to listen to people. So I'll give you an example in my comment section. There are black women in there who are saying Target hit different. It feels different to them right they go. People say what about Meta? Well, when I open my phone for Meta, I don't see my bank account dwindling. It just doesn't resonate the same way. It's not to say Meta is not problematic, but people do not see the bottom line of their bank account impacted by their getting on social media. I think we need to use target as a starting point. As a been said Nina Turner. Let's give her the honorable Nina Turner hopefully should be up here soon. Her and of course Jamal Brian has the Target fast. These these two individuals are looking at where we are and how do we start. And now we can take that and say, oh and just so you know, because I just saw Disney World, I think yesterday they announced that they're rolling back their DEI practices. So now what do we do about that? We can continue to move people. And you're also talking about folks who've never ever boycotted anything.
Speaker 2: They've been the best consumers.
Speaker 4: You are now having to retrain people's minds to know that you're not gonna die if you don't go to Target. There's other places that have your makeup, white removers or your dog food.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I think what you said about the confusion part is very true, right, because even when it comes to things like Nike. Yeah, okay, Kyrie Irvin you know is no longer with Nike, But then they have people like Lebron James of course, people like Colin Kaepernick, right, Jewelson too, Yeah, people like I'm want to talk about Lebron and Colin in particularly because they do different levels of activism, so people feel like they still want to support that, or you know, even with the Target thing. Yes, if there's a grassroots movement and people are saying, hey, I want a boycott Target, cool, But what about when they look at this whole other list and they do ask they will continue to ask that question. They will continue to say, well, you're still using Amazon, You're still going to Walmart.
Speaker 1: You know you're still on meta.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'll say this, if you boycott your shoes, your shirt, your pants, your T shirt, your underwear all at the same time you walk around naked, people not gonna do that.
Speaker 2: That's not realistic.
Speaker 4: And I don't think that we should set unrealistic goals for ourselves and our movement. It's already hard enough to get people just select the algorithm rhythm or for the algorithm to push the message that there is even a target fast or a target boycott. That's like not easy to do. You actually got to hit the streets, knock on doors, and talk to people directly, which we are beginning to do. So I just want to say for people who are listening, who keep calling me telling me, well, did you talk to this person and that person? Because they still have a program and they still are committed to some of these things, the question that I have for you is whin is target gonna come out and talk about it.
Speaker 1: I never understand why any of those corporations are not any of this publicly.
Speaker 4: To be honest with right, you could have changed it and we wouldn't have even known, right like, they haven't done it. Well, that's the reason why they they publicly said it is because they want to be down with the good old boys.
Speaker 2: They want to be in the oligarchy.
Speaker 4: Huh. A lot of it is investors to like with Disney what you were talking about, their investors are in the contract them asking them them to do it. And so you bring up a really powerful point. Their investors want them to change their programs. They want them to stop the initiative DEI diversity equing inclusion. That means people who spend money with them have made a decision they don't want something.
Speaker 2: So why is.
Speaker 4: It that black folks don't have the same mindset that we're investors as well. We're investors, and in fact, we have the right to be offended and we have the right to say, you know what, target, don't even worry about John John them, We're gonna get you first. And you run to these meetings and these, uh, these golf tournaments and all of that and tell people when they ask you, oh, Billy, Bob, how's your numbers? We having some problems. Black people ain't feeling us right now. I don't know if I made the right decision. That's that's the goal. And yes, I know, Charlemagne.
Speaker 1: You're right.
Speaker 4: People are gonna say, why not this one and that one? You should do that. I don't wear a bunch of stuff. I don't shop in a bunch of places. I've been to Walmart in years. That's what I'm doing. You should do that, anybody who feels like And nobody stops anybody from saying, I am now leading. I think you should lead the Walmart, Amazon and Meta boycott. Since you keep asking, you you should, since you keep asking, because I know I'm not getting off metal, Okay, well that's fine.
Speaker 2: We're supposed to be on fan baby.
Speaker 1: And I kind of believe it. And see that's the other thing.
Speaker 2: We're supposed to be on fan And I was.
Speaker 3: Gonna say that too, like you know somebody, I'm not gonna say who. I was arguing with somebody Friday, right, he was on the three.
Speaker 2: Way with him every day. I can't say who it is.
Speaker 1: Arguing. And Roland was saying, well, I gotta I gotta be able to get my messaging out.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm staying on that. And I was like, well, we could organize the mass exodus.
Speaker 2: But he is, but you can't.
Speaker 4: You can't you have to say that, and I'm an investor, you're an investor in fan base.
Speaker 2: We have to say that.
Speaker 4: Roland has been one of the most consistent voices supporting Isaac and Isaac CA's and trying to get people to go to UH fan base. And every time I open the app, there goes Roland. His face is there, so he is doing it. But you know what, it's okay, guess what, they use us.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 4: So why all of a sudden do we have to be uh the purest that if we're going boycott one thing.
Speaker 2: We got to do everything.
Speaker 4: You know what, It's a million people on my page on Instagram and people get the message. I have thousands of people that's on their talking So you know what, I'm gonna use your platform. So boycotch your homeboy, That's what I'm gonna do for now. You shut me down, then I'll go somewhere else. I felt as loud as it did like during the pandemic when it was like the push up like black businesses or whatever. I felt like it was so loud and like everybody was passing around these list or whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't think that it's like that.
Speaker 7: We got more with Tamika Mallory. When we come back, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's DJ n V, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. Law on the Roaster is hanging with us as well. We're still kicking it with Tamika Mallory. Her book I Live to Tell the Story is out right now now. On Friday, we had nineteen Keys here and I looked through the comments and I guess he said something you didn't like.
Speaker 2: What's balked the nerve?
Speaker 7: A and B You talked about Stokely and King and how two different people look at things two different ways. And they said that, you know, when they had their differences, they were able to speak behind the scenes and then come out in public and still fight for the same fight.
Speaker 2: So one, what's walked the nerve?
Speaker 7: And two, how come y'all having talk behind the scenes and had that conversation where it doesn't look like you guys are going at each other?
Speaker 4: So to be clear, Number one, I have talked to nineteen Keys and that's my brother and he and I do disagree on different things, but I was mad at him. My comment in the yes at Charlemagne. My comment on your page on the Breakfast Club page wasn't so much about nineteen Keys, although I still think it's important for us to lift up the work of our institutions because we know what they have done and how important they have been. And again, the reason why we had black wall streets and the Rosewoods and other places that were burned down by the government and white vigilantes is because black institutions exist and existed at that time, and people that came out of those traditions work to create sustain these types of economic chambers, if you will, like a black wall street.
Speaker 2: So that's important.
Speaker 4: I'm a defender of black institutions because I come out of one, and I know the power of what they've been able to do. I know that when people's lights are turned off, sometimes the only place you could go to is to a black church or to the National Action Network.
Speaker 2: Those are real things happening every day.
Speaker 4: We got theories and ideas and things that probably will and can work if we all work together. But we also have people who need food right now. They need to be able to go somewhere and say, hey, the landlord's trying to kick me out. Will you come and show up over here and fight this white man or this whoever man that's trying to put me out of those black institutions do that work every single day, So I'm always very protective about that. But the person that I'm really talking about when I say I was pissed off is this one right here. And the reason why is because Charlomagne asked several questions, which I think is what about ism, what about Amazon?
Speaker 2: What about this place? What about that place?
Speaker 4: After I had already told him in the text message three days before that why I don't believe that there's a good strategy to try to boycott everything at once? And he didn't say what I said as a response. So what he did was basically leave people with an open freaking answer or an open question to something that I already told you. Even if you don't agree, I'm not saying you gotta agree, but you can at least say, but you know what I did speak to Tamika Mallory and she said XYZ thing. And he is now saying he didn't know about Nina and them. I did not know that, So I maybe I'm not as upset with you as I was about that, but I feel like it's too serious of a time for us to have conversations that just leave people confused when there are answers. So to me, it would have been better to have Nina or Jamaal didn't know Cool or me call in on the phone and talk about the boycott and get those points straight and have the discussion, rather than have people walk away like, yeah, man, come on, they playing themselves. They not trying to get off meta, They not trying to do when we actually have an answer for why Target is the first place that we're deciding to target pun intended.
Speaker 3: I guess I wasn't trying to make it specific about anyone present because there was so many people talking about boycotting.
Speaker 4: Well, that's your answer, you just said it. The reason why Target is the target is because so many people are ready to boycott Target.
Speaker 2: That's the answer. That's why it's completely separate.
Speaker 4: I guess it's not separate from all of this because I'm sitting here listening to you talk, and then i know in the book you talk about a lot of personal stuff, and I'm like, when do you take time to deal with your own personal stuff? Because you know what I mean, So I really asked you that because you deal with some heavy stuff in the book, like I know, for the first time you talked about the trauma you went through as a child with sexual abuse as.
Speaker 2: A child for the first time ever.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, I wonder what made her decide to put that out there, because she got all these people coming at her about everything you've been connected, like it's just the woman's March stuff and like there's been a lot, and then you put that out there, and I'm sure you had to deal with that again when putting it in the book.
Speaker 2: Here's the answer. I lived to tell the story.
Speaker 8: Sure I went through all of that and I'm still here, you know, And I'm sure some of it was meant to take me out right, but look at me, and so yeah, taking care of myself looked like writing it down and I didn't.
Speaker 4: My parents are reading my book right now. Well, they're finished now. I gave it to them two weeks early when I first received the book, and it was hard to put that book in their hands. I had already told them mom and dad and my sister who thinks she's my mother but she she kind of is.
Speaker 2: The three of them I got them on a phone call.
Speaker 4: Because I wrote a particular chapter and when I finished, I cried so hard. Not because of what was in the chapter, it was just it was some shame, but it was also because I was like, I cannot turn this in. I cannot let my parents have to relive this. And it was ab at a time when I almost was by several guys because I went somewhere I wasn't supposed to be, and knowing that I tell that story, which is hard enough, I think for my father to deal with, but for me to say that I left that apartment and went straight home and that he was sitting in the house and I didn't even tell him what happened. I broke down so bad. I was like, oh my god, I cannot put this in this book. But then so when I put the book in their hands, I was like, oh my god, just don't read it. Just put it up as artist, like.
Speaker 2: Don't read it.
Speaker 4: And sure enough, I came home one day and my sister was like, I need to talk to you. This book is a lot. She was like, I'm going through something our parents are suffering with. What's in here that my father said to her? And he hasn't said anything to me this day. My mother done told me off about two things.
Speaker 1: Because that's what she do.
Speaker 2: That's my girl.
Speaker 4: My sister was like, I don't know if you should have told these stories. But my father has not said one word. I mean, he speaks to me every day.
Speaker 2: This is my dad. That's my guy, publicist.
Speaker 4: You know, he went and picked up the banners for the tour, like, that's my guy. But he hasn't said anything about how he feels. However, he told my sister that it was real hard for him to get through reading that some of this was happening and he couldn't do anything about it.
Speaker 2: So it's it's this book is tough. We'll pick up the book.
Speaker 1: I live to tell the story.
Speaker 2: So tonight we are going.
Speaker 4: First of all, are we telling people that because if they show up, they can't get in. It's a private event. But LA is having a party for me. But on Thursday they can join me at the New York Public Library on the thirteenth Thursday. I'll be there in conversation with our public advocate, Jimani Williams. You need to have him up here again soon because he's got a lot to say.
Speaker 2: Especially about the mayor. But that's another thing.
Speaker 4: And that's at six o'clock on Thursday the thirteenth. And also the moderator of that conversation is going to be the executive director of editorial at Ebony Magazine. So it's it's actually going to be really a lot of people have signed up. It's at the New York Public Library on Fifth Avenue. And if you go to Tamika d mallory dot com backslash Tour Tamika D. Mallory dot com backslash Tour, you can see where I am all over the country and make sure that they participate in what we got.
Speaker 2: Going on with our live to tell the story out.
Speaker 1: Right now in bookstores everywhere. Go get you a copy.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, it's the.
Speaker 7: Breakfast Club is to make them out owning everybody. It's dj n V, Jess Hilariy ands Chelamage to God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get you Jest with the mess.
Speaker 10: Us is real.
Speaker 4: Butthers Larius, Jeff Ca, Robin Moore just don't do no lines, don't do that pump.
Speaker 1: World why jests worldwise.
Speaker 2: On the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: She's the coaching ship.
Speaker 3: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 2: Could get you to see that Tomas set it off. Cardib uncle was deported.
Speaker 4: According to Cardib, Yes, Cardib got online and talked about her experience at the super Bowl and then talk about her uncle's sayd listen.
Speaker 26: Get mad today because you know Donald Trump.
Speaker 10: He was at the Super.
Speaker 26: Bowl and they were giving us a hard time. Oh my gosh, your secret service was not.
Speaker 2: Playing and down stay young.
Speaker 26: They stopped for a little partiship because Trump was there.
Speaker 10: Now I like him lesser.
Speaker 26: Now I like him lesser because we didn't have to go uprough nothdawn footer bowl my shoe.
Speaker 2: Now I don't really like him.
Speaker 19: Now you're gonna have.
Speaker 26: Food, bring my uncle, grandma uncle to come back because my uncle got deported.
Speaker 4: And now she playing and saying, you know how Cordy be chosen she'd be playing sometimes. I don't know because after that she went into talking about periods and how you stop on for Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: So I don't know how concerned she is. I don't concerned she is about uncle.
Speaker 1: That's good advice. How you stop paying balance?
Speaker 4: She said, you gotta pay for her five hundred dollars before she tells you because she tired of helping us bees for free.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, she'd be helping us, so she said, But y'all got period. You can't.
Speaker 4: You don't like what if that, if that was really a thing, nobody would have a period. You can't stop people stopping thing when you get down. Yeah, but that's not like not healthy for you. Yeah, I mean control was not healthy at all to do. But yeah, so do I. But it used to be a thing where you could sit in the tub and the bleeding will stop for just you hit the waters and then yeah, yeah it stopped, but then it comes right back.
Speaker 3: But just know, my brother, whoever you went on Valentine's, the period don't stop nothing but a sentence, correct you.
Speaker 2: I mean like, yeah, there's plenty of people that really do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: That's right after the core. That's why Valentine Days read.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not why it's crazy. Y'all know Balanciz that y'all know what that meaning, the real meaning behind Valentine Day. But anyway, cause we ain't gonna get into that.
Speaker 10: What is it?
Speaker 2: The big massacre? Hellow people was killed. So it actually does stand for blood. Actually, is that real?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Love, that's just we're doing glad. I'm not celebrating.
Speaker 1: You're definitely not.
Speaker 4: Decent speaking of fifty said what girl? Oh thank you you did the decent Big Meach. The back and forth Big Meach has finally addressed the snitch allegations.
Speaker 2: Let's take a listen to Big meachio.
Speaker 27: I wasn't on the dress because I'm not trying to let nobody trick me off the streets. I never folded, never told, never will deathly folded, sign always with me. So I'm doing this for my loved ones and the support of my friends and family to come out to the Amorano in February thirteenth.
Speaker 4: Yes, so it wasn't much that he said, but he said something finally. So then y'all know fifty fifty hops online. And he responds, let's take a listen.
Speaker 2: I try and let nobody triat me off the street the street.
Speaker 27: I never folded, never told you to me to tellign always. So I'm doing this for my loved ones and to support my friends and family.
Speaker 1: Y'all gonna be disappointed, But little baby don't show up.
Speaker 2: We skill don't show up, but physical don't show up.
Speaker 6: All these moments don't show up.
Speaker 2: I wasn't gonna address this because I.
Speaker 27: Read, but I never folded, never told, Never will death be PHOTU sign always with me. So I'm doing this for my loved ones and the support my friends and family come out to the Armor ring.
Speaker 2: He can't even go in the house.
Speaker 1: But he can't even go.
Speaker 2: Now fifty is different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so with fifty is talking about as far as like little baby and different people not showing up. So the welcome home concert that Big meaches having. There have been reports that some artists are pulling out because of all his back and forth in the allegations, but nothing confirmed yet. But yeah, so that the back and forth still continues. Fifty still posting as we speak right now. And then in the other news, this is a hard left turn. There's a new Diddy lawsuit and this time he is being sued for oral rape.
Speaker 1: What yes, somebody orally shut up? What's your problem? Like yo, you can't just like.
Speaker 2: We can't put it in a headlock, like you can't put you you can get out of it? Might have been the other way though, Can we hear a story please just go ahead, I don't.
Speaker 4: According to this new lawsuit, this was filed by Attorney Busby Uh, Diddy had a one night stand with a street performer. And this guy is saying he's alleging that he was raped. So he says that he met it's a John Doe. He says that he met Diddy and then after he met Diddy, Diddy orally raped him and sexually assaulted him anally after spiking his drink.
Speaker 2: In a lawsuit, he claims that he was singing and playing.
Speaker 4: Guitar on the street outside of a popular LA club in November of twenty twenty two, and he says a man claiming to be like a talent scout for a Puff came up to him and invited him to one of the parties that Puff.
Speaker 1: Was having that guitar.
Speaker 4: So the John Doe claims that he was then driven to a private home where Puff invited him to sit down, have a drink talk about music and his aspirations and music, and he says that the conversation progressed as Diddy as he complimented Diddy's necklace that he had on, and then Diddy was like, oh, you want to see somewhere in my jewelry collection, Jesus.
Speaker 2: So the guy was like, yo, So the guy was like.
Speaker 4: Then Diddy took him to a private room and the John Doe says that all of a sudden he started feeling drowsy, off balanced, and slightly like ere Forhork. And he said that all this happened only after one drink. But he says that the room didn't have any jewelry in it, and Diddy bluntly.
Speaker 2: Asked him, have you ever asked a.
Speaker 12: D yes?
Speaker 2: S the d before and.
Speaker 4: Yes, And then he claims that Diddy did. He said, he said, he told you did he know? He answered the question he told did he know?
Speaker 2: And then did?
Speaker 4: He responded, well, you should try it? And then he exposed did He exposed himself after that and then he said, just like you, no, I haven't and then so you should try one that Charlotte tell us nigga what yeah, but why you It started with the compliment of the necklace, like why are you doing that?
Speaker 2: Like why are you all? I like your necklace? Like why are you doing it? You don't you don't supposed to do that? Gots for you to see, like you don't you don't supposed to be doing that.
Speaker 4: The guy claims that Puff then forced him to have oral sex, and he said that he was grabbing a guy's face and forcefully, you know stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, so damn.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 4: Allegedly Yeah, he said that forced him to do that. He grabbed his head and forced him to do that. Now, what just happened over here?
Speaker 3: He mean went crazy thinking about past I did, not thinking about how you used to get Then I.
Speaker 2: Heard you talking about that boy. I'm well, I want to say that.
Speaker 4: You know, Puff's team, Diddy's attorney is saying that, as they've said before, they can't respond to every lawsuit in every publicity stunt. But you know they have full confidence in the facts and integrity that will come out on the judicial process.
Speaker 2: So their denying us and the truth, they say the truth will prevail.
Speaker 3: Whoever writing these stories about He's whoever writing these stories about the men be writing some very entertaining stories.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry if these things have really happened to you, but these could be on TV.
Speaker 7: All right, But how do you how do you see what's true or not? Because anybody can make an allegation, it's just your words.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of Was he.
Speaker 4: A restaurant drinking, No, he was outside of a venue, and then he went back to the crib where that he was having a party.
Speaker 2: And then he where was the drink taking it? The drink was I guess at the house at the party. Somebody else had to be at the party and see the guy say that with this.
Speaker 4: Is because the guy also said that he was raped from behind. And then when he woke up the next morning. Up man, when we walk up the next morning, he was giving an IV.
Speaker 2: So whoever gave him he would know. But that's what I'm saying. Do you know you was raped from behind?
Speaker 1: If you was knocked out?
Speaker 4: I'm sure he said that there was pain and yeah, yeah we got it wrap up from behind?
Speaker 3: It could have been how y'all be laughing at male rape' y'all don't take your rape.
Speaker 2: I just found out oral rate was a thing.
Speaker 1: I wasn't laughing.
Speaker 5: I was just.
Speaker 2: How do you know if you were right from behind?
Speaker 4: I mean, like, if you was knocked out, you could have been on your back legs, like there's a way.
Speaker 2: But that's from the top, not behind. This man claims he woke up in pain.
Speaker 4: He suffered mental English, emotional torment, humiliation got him the guitar.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we gotta wrap it up.
Speaker 1: Where's the guitar?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: It was wrapped up like this segment.
Speaker 1: Let's I hate all right?
Speaker 3: Thank you for jess with the mess that was street me. You just took it off the street and took it up. God, but people are crazy.
Speaker 2: You me all right? Charl the man who you get your donkey too?
Speaker 3: Man for after the Hour, We need a twenty nine year old Florida man named Jonathan Nabors to come to front of it.
Speaker 1: Come to the front of the congregation. We would like to have a word with him. Place all right, we'll get to that nexus to breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 10: Your execution on the Donkey of the Day is something to go for you to read.
Speaker 2: They gave me donkey other day and I deserve that. You need to know what you need to tell them. I am you tell them it's time for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 8: It's a read.
Speaker 2: But you're so good at Charlamagne. You know what he wants Charlamage. Yeah, Solomon, who do you people dusk the other day too?
Speaker 12: Then?
Speaker 3: Man sexy red Donkey of Today for Tuesday February eleventh, goes to a twenty nine year old Florida man named Jonathan Novils.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something, man, The world.
Speaker 3: Is a strange place because I don't know if it's people's behavior that we should be concerned about, are the context of their behavior?
Speaker 1: Let me explain.
Speaker 3: Jonathan Navis was arrested after he was a her barking like a dog in a Georgia auto part store. That's right, for more than an hour.
Speaker 1: Okay. This is what happens when you ask somebody where my dog's at?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 1: Right, don't ask that question if you don't want an answer.
Speaker 3: According to an incident report, the owner of an advanced auto part store called to complain that Jonathan had been in the store and had been barking like a dog for an hour.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Jonathan told police officers that he had no idea his barking was causing any issues.
Speaker 1: Now, let's discuss this for a second. First of all, why did it take an hour?
Speaker 3: A whole hour went by and a grown ass man, twenty nine year old man is walking around the store barking like a dog, and nobody says anything. One hour, sixty minutes, thirty six hundred seconds of non stop barking and nobody says anything, And.
Speaker 1: At what point do you know? At what point do you who is.
Speaker 3: Not barking realize something is wrong? Okay, I'm not playing with people in twenty twenty five. If I'm out somewhere and someone starts randomly barking, that person and I will not be sharing space for thirty six hundred seconds.
Speaker 1: A whole hour. I am calling the proper authorities immediately.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's the police or animal control what somebody is getting called. Now this is where I'm also torn. Okay, I've watched a human bark for an hour.
Speaker 2: NBU have too.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've been around a human who randomly barks. NBU have two. That human went by the name of Earl Simmons aka DMX. Drop Now you can drop on the clues bombs for DMX. Rest in peace to the dog. Now listen to me.
Speaker 3: I use the word human to describe DMX, but DMX was a spirit He was a spiritual being living in human existence. And this is what I mean when I say I don't know if it's people's behavior or the context of their behavior, because in context, a person barking isn't concerning if we know why they barking.
Speaker 2: We know why DMX was balking.
Speaker 1: Okay, he was.
Speaker 3: I never met a person like DMX in my life, but one on one. The reality is he may not have been from this planet. He may have been dropped off here by extraterrestrials. So to see another human randomly barking and in an advanced auto parts store the first thing I'm gonna do. Honestly, I think the person is related to DMX. You've got to be from the same place as DMX to be acting like that. And I'm not talking about yonkers, okay, I'm talking about whatever planet X came from. Actually, I want to give the folks and advance Allo parts. I want to give them a little grace. If I heard someone barking, I would think they was imitating DMX. We all did it at one point in our lives. I would think he was just doing his own remix of Rough Riders Anthem was something.
Speaker 1: Okay. Now, When they asked Jonathan where his ID was, he said in his car.
Speaker 3: When they went to search his car, they found a clear baggie containing syringes in the passenger seat and a search revealed a bag full of a clear crystal substance that was later confirmed to be that cat and candy Okay, that white crossed in cookies commonly known as meth. Navis also told plisaw Is that the syringes contained blood. It's Florida, ladies and gentlemen. I don't know why people are just walking around with syringes of blood. But he was fleshing my flesh, blood of my blood, Neighbors. Was arrested and remains in the Monroe County Detention Center with a five thousand dollars bond. No word on if he's still barking. Please give Jonathan Navis the sweet sounds of the Hamilton.
Speaker 6: Dog of the day, the dogee all the day. Ye.
Speaker 3: If you're sitting around confused about that story, just understand it's Florida, ladies and gentlemen. Don't try to you know, don't try to rationalize it.
Speaker 2: Florida.
Speaker 1: What's his name, Jonathan Neavis? But tell it true.
Speaker 22: Though.
Speaker 4: If you somewhere for a hour and somebody just walking around barking, you gonna say.
Speaker 1: Something, I'm been I would have left already.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me see him say nothing, right.
Speaker 3: On DMX kids. Right, I have no business in a store with a person balking for an hour. I might walk back just for come on you and you're gonna bite it, because if you're already.
Speaker 4: Walking around bucking you not wrapped your tight son, you could be capable of anything you can do, and you can have anything in your pocket. Somebody say something, you stab them up, anything. So let him go ahead and have it established.
Speaker 3: But why wait for an hour to call the police. I'm calling immediately. That wasn't suspicious to you after the first thirty seconds, the first minute.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 7: All Right, well, thank you for that donkey of the day. Now let's open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. This is something that stephen A. Smith and and Charlamanne actually said yesterday before we said we were talking about Serena Williams dancing at Kendrick Lamar's Super Bowl halftime performance.
Speaker 2: Uh, stephen A.
Speaker 7: Smith said he would divorce Serena Williams for that Cam. No, you didn't say that part, but he said he would he would divorce his wife because he says, these are signs that say that you're not over your ex? Why would you have to be in that song going at your ex? Then you said something, you.
Speaker 1: Said something similar.
Speaker 3: What I said was, you know, why would she be on stage crip walking about her ex that she dated what ten.
Speaker 1: Plus years ago? And you were a married was eleven with kids? I said, if I was her husband, I'll have to give a little pinch of something, right, like why do you need to go do that?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: So they say all that divorce, that's white man. That is true, especially during Black History Month.
Speaker 7: Heity eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. The question is do you agree with Stephen A. Smith that these are signs that you are not over your ex? And if you were married, would you be upset? Let's open up the phone lines and discuss again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Well, well play the ordio when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Let's say, if you're all talking about it, you know we talking about it. It's toughing times.
Speaker 1: Called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast.
Speaker 7: Club Morning, Everybody's DJ Envy Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast club. If you're just joining us. We're talking about something that Stephen A. Smith said about Serena Williams cript walking at Kendrick Lamar's Super Bowl halftime show.
Speaker 2: This is what he said.
Speaker 7: If I'm married and my wife is going to join troll and her ex, go back to his ass, because clearly you know you you don't belong with me.
Speaker 10: What' you worried about him for?
Speaker 5: And you with me?
Speaker 7: So we're taking your calls eight hundred five eight five, one oh five to one.
Speaker 2: Now, Jess, you feel what Jess?
Speaker 1: I feel like she was all right.
Speaker 4: I mean I don't feel like I disagree with it at all. I feel like it is what it is. She was a part of the whole situation.
Speaker 2: She wanted to do it.
Speaker 1: She's from La.
Speaker 4: It was a shot at Drake whatever, Dragon, Kendrick and Serena whoever is a part of it too, dragged him.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I just I feel like, yeah, I don't mind you you dragging it, but not taking a shot at your ex like you still feelings or something that he says, still bothers. You do it to any other songs, squabble up, do it to TV off do it to but it's gonna be all right, do it before the show, after the show.
Speaker 1: But the saying yeah, but just don't.
Speaker 2: Do it, it feels like it bothers you.
Speaker 4: But the thing is, Drake came at him too. Drake came and her husband, so why not go walk on his head?
Speaker 8: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like I said, her husband is a groupie. But Serena already got her look back. Serene got her look back at the SB she did the same thing. She threw a little shot at Drake and then she did her crip crip walking out like a So I mean, I guess just to do it again.
Speaker 4: Maybe she did it for the people in the back because I didn't know she did that at the aby a little boring to me, so I didn't watch it.
Speaker 2: But to see I do that there, I was up. You know, that was cool for me.
Speaker 1: I just felt like Kendrick gave Drake way too much, that's all you said that. Yeah, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I think it's dragon season. Sometimes you gotta pop out and show them.
Speaker 2: Okay, so hello, who's this? He t what's your thoughts?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 19: So that saws on the Serenas I don't feel that she was doing it against Drake when she wanted the championships in Wilmilton, she did the trip walk ma sure that she was scatters.
Speaker 5: I felt she was doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was something like that, the credit against her.
Speaker 1: Okay, it could have had a double meaning.
Speaker 3: But once again, y'all, we're not gonna sit here and act like he said on the song, you better not speak on Serena.
Speaker 1: We know she's from Compton. She did the same thing at the S piece, like, come on, cut it out, y'all, hello, because she was done. We know why it was done. Like we doing you find it all trying to find all these deeper meanings. We know why it was done. Y'all cut it out.
Speaker 2: Good ONR to Mama, what's your thoughts.
Speaker 5: I feel like this, like if it was a regular dude, it didn't like I can't cuss.
Speaker 19: I'm like, hold, like what you're doing, you're still you know, put it, do it or whatever. But like these serious's Arena Williams, we all know what's for entertainment and you know, you know wh he signed up for, and that's with her. I don't think it was disrespectful in a way. Just because it's her, Like I said, it was a regular average.
Speaker 5: Chick, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I'm just like cool.
Speaker 2: You speak on me and my husband.
Speaker 4: Yeah, any opportunity I get the krit walk on your head, I'm gonna do it exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you. Now why did he go? Why did she go with that? Why did Drake go to her husband?
Speaker 4: Because he wanted to take a picture with us something like that. I think I seen Serena's husband wanted to take a picture with Drake. Yeah, you're still Drake, and so Drake put You know, he could have been a long time fan. He just end up with the girl, you know.
Speaker 2: But you know, it is what it is, some people being their feelings behind girls, y'all. Okay, hello, who's this?
Speaker 12: What's happening this?
Speaker 5: Klonmo mohio?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Brother?
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 6: Brother?
Speaker 18: My thoughts are Drake shouldn't have been a little beeche and Serena wouldn't have been dancing on his grave. That was kind of funny. I didn't even think it was Serena. My mama see just said that's Arena.
Speaker 1: I said, no, that's it some dancer check whole time.
Speaker 2: See she looked good. She looked real good on Sunday.
Speaker 16: Yeah, serena fan, I'm more of a venus. I'm more of a venus lady or man. If he would have handled his business, she would have never danced on his grave, super forward the whole nation.
Speaker 2: Nice grave. Yeah, yeah, what's the more?
Speaker 3: All of the story, the all of the story that Renal Winns can do whatever she want and if her husband ain't got a problem with it, I don't give a damn.
Speaker 1: I'm just asking.
Speaker 3: We're hypothetically having a conversation, and the hypothetical conversation.
Speaker 1: Is to me, it's just a level of pettiness that you know, she don't need to be partaking it. That's all.
Speaker 3: She married with a couple of kids, go out there and dance during squabble, love with something. But like you in a way, it's like, why are you? Why are you still antagonizing this dude?
Speaker 1: Your ex?
Speaker 22: Like?
Speaker 1: Who cares?
Speaker 2: So let me ask a questions. So who does Chris Brown have be with anybody? Any artist? We can remember?
Speaker 1: I don't know, and I don't want to say, what did you dance on that person's then?
Speaker 2: Didn't he have be? For Drake to before like a little brief situation. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. So if Drake was performance called jes.
Speaker 7: Cravo performance, say yo, Jess, I need you to come in and quit walk on this song where I'm going with that?
Speaker 2: Chris? Would you do it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 4: Because first of all that's my accent. Then we like, we're really really good friends. I would never betray like my friend for Quaver, I'm sorry, I can't do it.
Speaker 2: I'm not What was that question for her? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't even know that you just asked. That was so dumb. Listen also to uh when when when Serena Williams.
Speaker 3: Krypt walked in twenty twelve after she beat who shed be Shower for whatever her name is in London?
Speaker 1: That was hard, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So she cripp walked there?
Speaker 3: Yes, So Serena's always had a level of freedom that she's always expressed, you know, period, And that's why.
Speaker 1: We love Serena Williams.
Speaker 3: All right, we just specially selling in a sport where black people, especially black women, don't normally excel it. She's always been her true authentic self, whether it's wearing the black cat suit, whether it's wearing her head the way she want to wear it, whether it's krip walking like she's always had a level of.
Speaker 2: Freedom period and she earned it. She did. Yeah, we got just the mess coming up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yo, your homegirl Nancy Mayce remember from the House of Representatives, the Military.
Speaker 2: Man South Carolina. Yes, she is accusing her husband a.
Speaker 4: Sexual assault her husband, yes, her ex fiance, ex fiance, Okay, yeah, all right, Well we'll talk about it when we come back at the Breakfast Club in morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club. Good morning, everybody, we are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to jest with the mess is Laurias, Jessica, Robin Moore.
Speaker 10: Just don't do no line, don't do that talk.
Speaker 2: Nobody world why jes worldwide? On the Breakfast Club. She's a coach of ship.
Speaker 4: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 1: Could get you to see.
Speaker 2: This's time to set it off.
Speaker 4: Lawrence will break down the story about Charlemagne. Home Girl, Nancy mays. The military school, lady, man, I mean the military man school, lady.
Speaker 1: What did you talking?
Speaker 3: Woman to graduate from an all male military school called the Citadel in South.
Speaker 2: Cal There we go. So that's why I call her the military man school lady. Yes, I see what you did there. So Nancy Mayce, she took the floor the Senate. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: She took the floora house representatives on Monday night, and she used it as an opportunity to let some people know some things that have been going on in her life that she says police are not helping her with.
Speaker 2: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 15: I found some photos of what appeared to be a teenager undressed in the kind of underwear a child would wear. To me, the facial expression of this young woman, young girl, teenager looked scared and nervous. I saw another video of another woman who was undressed, clearly on a camera, unaware she was being filmed. She was slender, and she had long brown hair. I turned up the volume to hear if there was audio.
Speaker 2: I heard my voice.
Speaker 15: I zoomed in on the video and that woman was me. My entire body was paralyzed and I couldn't move where my feet on the floor.
Speaker 2: Was I breathing?
Speaker 15: I have no idea. I could feel pain shooting out of my heart, out of my chest, dropped straight down to the floor like I was in a noseedive running through my veins, wouldn't stop. Time was suspended for a moment. This monster stole my body.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was.
Speaker 4: She went on for about an hour. And first of all, this is crazy, right, like imagine. She says, she's engaged to this guy. His name is Patrick Bye, he's a businessman. And the way she even started they started having conversations about the phone was because somebody randomly sent her a text message. It was a screenshot of him allegedly on a dating app. Right, and they're engaged. So she's like, oh, you know, politics is a crazy game. So she's like, I think that she thought it was like fake and somebody was just trying to mess with her.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 2: And this is recent. She found this out recent.
Speaker 4: So no, that's another thing she just revealed this Monday night. But she says she's been going through this for the past year wow, and nobody has helped there. So she says that basically what happened after she got that text message, she got to the point where she was able to get to the phones. He allegedly the ex fiance had put one phone in the safe, got a new phone, and she was just watching them because she's like, why is he doing all of this? But she had begun uncovering things because she says, she used to work in text so she was able to like, like I guess, like track like metadata and just see kind of what he was doing or whatever. And she has these files, these photos, these videos. She said, it's tons and tons of women in underage girls. She says that she actually reached out to one of the girls because she recognized some of them. They're like her political colleagues, like daughters and stuff like that. She said she reached out to one of the girls just letting her know, hey, I have this and showing her and that she said the girl didn't even remember that it happened whatsoever. Now this is all leedged now, she says, over this past year, what happened was is that she went to South Carolina Attorney General Alan Wilson, who you know, this is actually somebody that will be her opponent if she if she runs for the governor of South Carolina in twenty twenty six, but she says that she went there. She also says that she went to investigators who basically told her like the prosecutor's office said they said that this was like false right, like about her coming to him and not getting help. But then investigator she said that they threaten to lock her up as if she wasn't the victim. So she's been trying to figure this out for the past year. She says she had to leave her home. She had to tell her kids will have because they had to just up and leave. It got to the point where it got physical between her and her ex fiance. She says she has the marks to prove it, and now she's just she just basically wants to get attention to it because behind the scenes, she's been trying for a year to get some movement to get these you know people that she's allegend has done all these things to these women off the streets, and nothing has happened. So she took it to the House Representative floor. And I just think it's crazy because this is your fiance, you know what I mean. And you find a video of yourself and your paone. She says she had a couple drinks one night and she can't remember I see herself. To see one of yourself on the videos is crazy, Yeah, And it was to the point where She also alleged that, like in one of the videos of a woman allegedly being raped, the under a younger girl being raped, the girl's body was so lifeless because the girl had allegedly been drugged, that she thought that the girl was like not a lot, but she was. She had just allegedly been drugged. So she's saying it's really bad or she's uncovering this about him. So he's right now, he is where they're investigating. Yeah, they're investigating it, but he has categorically denied all of the claims. He says that he takes the matter seriously and will cooperate fully with any necessary legal process to clear his name.
Speaker 2: So just because they work in politics, I know, you say a businessman, but like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was a businessman. But then he has these other colleagues too that she's a legend as a part of this as well too. Now another just shifting gears again, we kind of been all over the place today. Kanye West. So you guys remember Kanye West had the website dot com. Yep, he did the East the Super Bowl Easter at the Super Bowl ad rejecting or sending people to the website on the website, he had this T shirt with the Nazi symbol on the swastika.
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 4: Now, people were really really upset about this, as you can imagine. But right now, if you go to easy dot com, y'all can try it on your phones.
Speaker 2: I just did it.
Speaker 4: The website is disabled, So reports right now are that Shopify has actually disabled the store. I'll reach out to Shopify to try and figure out if they disabled it or if it was something done on his side, but you're not. You can't shop the website anymore. And then people were like, well, if the website was going to sell these not you know, pushing T shirts, why would the Super Bowl ad be approved? So TMZ actually found out that he pulled like the wool over the eyes of Fox when he purchased his Super Bowl Sunday ad, the thirty second spot, which Kanye says he shot on his iPhone. It shocked a lot of people because he just had one on that anti semitic rant, and then the website dropped those T shirts. But sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ that Fox actually approved the ad Friday to air Sunday in three markets only, La Philly and Atlanta.
Speaker 2: So for some people that didn't see it. I didn't see it. Yeah, that's why.
Speaker 4: But the process was purely based on two things, the content of the ad and the website promoting easy dot com. They're told that the video of Kanye sitting in a deal chair said nothing else but over and over like whatever whatever.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like that.
Speaker 4: Whatever was on the website wasn't there Friday, and it was nothing offensive there. It was just normal athletic wear and then all the other stuff pops up. Yes, so at some point Sunday he reduced the site and changed the items, and now the swastika shirt was on the website. So I'm not for sure again if Shopify has taken us down, but it does say disabled if you visit the website right now, and I have reshots to figure out what that?
Speaker 2: Who disabled?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Literally on during that story, not because you didn't do a good job, but because Kanye is just exhausting. It's just tiring, Like it's just like at this point, you can't figure out nothing else to do. The Gunner attention.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he tried to comment on the Super Bowl too.
Speaker 4: He said that Kendrick did a good job, but then he said that they're using Kendrick to take down Drake, like how they took down on our Kelly.
Speaker 2: So you know that's a whole other thing.
Speaker 1: I actually Kelly took itself down. What are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Okay, definitely took himself down.
Speaker 6: I thought that was Kanye.
Speaker 4: Me and a lot of other people thought that was Kanye that like during the Morgan Morning and that person is actually a part of the thing. I mean, I've been figured out that it wasn't Kanye, but I thought that he had pulled some because he was one of his things and just went he was being funny saying he was going to pop up at the cross Yeah, and I thought I thought he did that, but it was can.
Speaker 2: You imagine I'm running with them?
Speaker 10: Silver?
Speaker 2: Silver absolutely who had bottoms watch Ticket's T shirt. He'd be surprised me by that.
Speaker 1: Some people who identify as nai.
Speaker 2: And people who love Kanye and do everything like do everything.
Speaker 3: But that's what's so dangerous, because you know, he does have influence over a lot of people, and what if it's a younger generation who don't even understand the.
Speaker 1: History of what they just go to the T shirt line like support and by not walking around with.
Speaker 4: Especially a younger crowd who don't really even understand a lot of don't just saying that's right, and it costs it cost him eight million dollars.
Speaker 2: By the way, that the spot in the Super Bowl any bough, but wrap it up now he allegedly made that back, right, that's what they said. I guess I don't know.
Speaker 7: All right, Well that's just with the mess side. Well let's get to the mixed eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five. I won't get your request. And now it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning. Everybody is stej Envy, Jess Hilarius, Charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast Club. It's Black History Month? What we doing today?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 2: Slew to my guy beat that you know.
Speaker 3: Every day during Black History Month, beat Out puts out a podcast on the black back iHeart Radio podcast network called.
Speaker 1: I didn't Know Maybe you didn't eat there? And b Dot speaks on East of.
Speaker 3: Today and how hush Harbors, liberation, anthems and even your fresh Easter fit are all part of a legacy of resilience and rising up.
Speaker 1: Let's discuss I.
Speaker 6: Didn't know, I didn't know, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: But see if our ancestors.
Speaker 28: Easter wasn't just about dressing up and being fresher than the border, health and hunting Easter eggs. Back in the day, Easter was like the original we Gonna be all right anthem. It was hope in the middle of chaos. Imagine being enslaved, working sunrise to sunset, but still holding on to the story of Jesus rising again. Now that's some real faith. It might be smaller than a mustard seed. It was a thought of if Jesus could roll that stone away, Come on, somebody, huh, then we can roll this oppression off our backs too, Can I get amen?
Speaker 2: And had you ever heard of hush Harbor's Let me tell you about them.
Speaker 28: Hush harbors were like the underground clubs of the slavement period, like them silent parties, but they didn't have no colorful headsets. And instead of the DJ dropping bangers, you had somebody in the corner whispering.
Speaker 2: Swing load sweet Chi.
Speaker 28: Cause they had to keep it low key because at massaculture it's a rap. So they'd head out to the woods, set up shop and worship in secret hush harbors. They'd even hang up wet blankets to keep the sound from traveling. Yeah, soundproof in the woods. Now, how innovative is that they didn't need no beats by dre our ancestors invented noise cancelation. But these hush harbors, they weren't just about worship, Oh nah, they were about rebellion.
Speaker 5: See.
Speaker 28: They'd sing songs like weed in the Walder Weed, which was basically the first GPS, cause that was cold. For ay you, Harriet said, meet about a river, and don't forget.
Speaker 2: To pack light.
Speaker 28: These folks turned praise into power Him in the hope, and today that same energy lives in every gospel choir and every preacher who makes you say shay by the edsap. And we can't forget about the easter fit tradition, the pasteales with the shoes to match. I wasn't capping about that, but that goes back to the enslavement periods as well. After emancipation, newly freed black folks would pull up the church in their finest fits. They wasn't just dressing for God. They were dressing to let the world know I'm free and I look good. That's why to this day we don't play about them easter fits. Some folks be out here treating Easter like the met Gala, Big hats, pasteale suits. Had to put some armarole on them shoes because I could see my reflection in them. Jones, There's like a Runway show with a praise break in the middle. And No, East ain't the only holiday with roots in the struggle. We talked about Juneteenth and previous seasons. That's when we celebrate freedom two years after freedom was supposed to happen. Can you imagine being two years late to your own free party?
Speaker 2: Feel like your job.
Speaker 28: Hearting you up and saying, hey, you got PTO that you didn't use back in twenty twenty three. Another holiday is Kwanza, where we are on on African traditions and principles like unity and self determination. If Easter is the resurrection, Juneteenth is the graduation, and then Kwan's is like the family reunion. It's all connected. Holiday is rooted in freedom and resilience. So this year, when you're stepping clean and you're Easter's best, remember you're not just celebrating a holiday, You're honoring a legacy. You're carrying forward with the spirit of those hush harbors, the fight for freedom and the hope that no matter how low we get, we always rise again. And I didn't know maybe you didn't either. No, all right, happy Black History mom.
Speaker 1: That's right, and make sure you subscribe to that. I didn't know. Maybe you didn't need a podcast on the Blackfact. iHeartRadio podcast Network available everywhere you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 7: All right, when we come back, we got the positive note and more is the Breakfast Club. Good Morning Morning, Everybody's j n V. Jesse Larius Charlamage the God we are the Breakfast Now we got a salute to Meka Mallory for stopping through.
Speaker 2: Her book is out right now. I live to tell the story.
Speaker 1: That's right. A memoir of love, legacy, and resilience. This is her memoir.
Speaker 3: If you enjoyed State of Emergency, you will enjoy her memoir. Remember, State of Emergency was more of a self help guid a how to book on how to get through the times that we were in, you know, back in twenty twenty, twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: But this is her actual memoir.
Speaker 3: Man, that just talks about the story up to Meeka Mallory and how she became to be who she is. Man, So make sure you go out there and get it available everywhere you buy books today.
Speaker 1: And it is out on my book in print, Black Privilege Publishing with Simon and Schuston. And I want to tell you all about a date to me. It's going to be at in New York City. If you're in New York City, she's going to be.
Speaker 3: At Star Wars, Star Wars, No trolls, somebody Latino come in here.
Speaker 2: That's not the name of it.
Speaker 3: Well, it's the Foundation Library at the New York Public Library, Okay. And she'll be in a conversation with Jimani Williams on Thursday at six thirty pm Eastern.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the New York Public Life.
Speaker 3: By Thursday, six thirty pm Eastern, she will be in conversation with Jimani Williams.
Speaker 1: So go to Tamika d. Mallory dot com slash tour and learn more about that.
Speaker 2: All right, they got a positive note.
Speaker 3: I do have a I'm sorry big jests, you know, just getting all that money, run them tour days down one hundred thousand dollars, it shows up.
Speaker 4: Calm down, okay, just a smoke and smoke if it's tea is no, come on, no, that is not what please relax, because that's I keep telling you telling somebody old is uncle?
Speaker 6: Is not that?
Speaker 2: Lauren Man said, if it's smoked, then it's smoked, and then it's tea. I don't know.
Speaker 4: My hands don't know nothing either. I don't know, but I never heard of want smoke. It's us two different things. But this Friday, for Valentine's Day, we have the Extravaganza in DC. Make sure you get your tickets for that. It's a dinner, it's a party, live music. Me and me and my Nigerian people putting on this really really nice Upper Anchelent event where all black.
Speaker 2: Get your tickets at w Upper Echelin. Okay, what else supposed to say?
Speaker 1: That sounds luxurious? I'm there Upper Anchelan, Yes, Echelon.
Speaker 2: What else, but get your tickets?
Speaker 4: All right, dress all black, bring your wife, bring your husband, whatever, y'all come out there. Dance, will be live music, a couples games, the hosts, we got some special guests.
Speaker 2: Everything.
Speaker 4: Get your tickets at FTK connect dot com, connect the spell with the K and then if you one of those people who call in for tickets one eight three three ft K line, get your tickets.
Speaker 2: I'll see yall Friday.
Speaker 3: All right, A positive note, Yes, the positive note, man. It comes from the great Cornell West. Cornell once said, if you can't lead the people, Cornell West once said, you can't lead the people. If you don't love the people. You can't save the people, if you don't serve the people. So find somebody to serve today. Always be of service to others. Have a blessed day.
Speaker 1: Breakfast Club,