Speaker 1: I've got a rant, some kind of random question. The actually first official play snap against the box, not the blitz, but there was a pass that flat depots like he wasn't looking for it, like banged off his shoulder.
Speaker 2: What happened to him?
Speaker 3: But from what I can remember, it's a quick gameplay. So I set left. Ebo was my first guy in the progression and then I yuk, second, I just saw space and and he had leverage on the backer, so I tried to put it on him on his back shoulder, and I remember like he he just saw different. He thought, you know, he's gonna run up the field and have me put it over his shoulder where I thought I needed to put it on him. So we were just not on the same page, you know, second play the game I think it was so yeah, yeah, the explosive.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: Your first official snap as it started.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we were just not on the same page. But from there, I feel like we got got right with each other.
Speaker 1: Play will keep up? Is that what happened?
Speaker 2: Honestly?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like, okay, I need to you know, get into it, and that that hit actually sort of settled, just like the nerves and stuff that I had for that game. You know, I feel like I sometimes need to get hit to you know, get into the game and feel like, all right now I'm good to go, good to stand in the pocket and make throws and go through progressions.
Speaker 2: So that hit sort of helped somebody hit you. Nah, No, it's I.
Speaker 3: Just usually just let the game do it for me.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, George was laughing. It's kind of laughing at you a little bit.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Probably, I don't really remember, man, I was so locked in on dang it, dude, I was on the wrong play or whatever. So but knowing George, you probably was laughing.
Speaker 2: You reflect on that moment that game, your first start of waiting against Tom Brady the Buckets. What do you think about when you think about that moment that game?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was huge, just like the confidence you know that came from that knowing that, all right, you know I can I can play in this league. You know, we were on a roll too, you know, we were trying, we had our sights set on you know, finished out the season strong. So I was more excited just to show my teammates and the guys in this building that you know, I can be the guy to help do that, and so, uh, it was a huge, huge game for myself, my confidence, and looking back on it's always you know, sort of fun just to see, you know, where I was, you know, as a backup trying to make my way in the NFL and then you know, sort of making a name for myself. So yeah, so I was good. It's a good memory for sure.
Speaker 1: And when did you know it was broken? Like the the next day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was the third down where I scrambled and dove. I dove for the first down. There was a holding on the play, so it didn't even count. But I remember when when I extended, my body just sort of twisted against itself on the ground and I felt a pop, and but I had so much adrenaline and stuff. I was like, all right, I'm fine, you know, I'll keep playing. And then, uh, every drive it just got more painful and more painful. And then in the second half I was like, yeah, this is this is killing. So yeah, you got both.
Speaker 1: Your touchdowns that game. You got hit pretty hard, Uh did you.
Speaker 2: On those plays?
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the back of my mind, you know, every hit and stuff, I was sort of trying to roll with the hits and stuff.
Speaker 2: Trying to protect my rib.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it was, like I said, it just start sort of started getting worse and worse every drive. I remember that two minute drill before the half, that last touchdown to Ba that like that one. I was like, yeah, this is this is hurting real bad. So uh, but the adrenaline and stuff from the game, you know, sort of just kept me going through it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, now back then.
Speaker 3: I think the scheme and everything is similar. You know, last year we obviously didn't get a whole lot of of of.
Speaker 2: Vida Vella Winfield junior.
Speaker 3: So it's like those those guys, man, they make a huge difference in that defense. You know, they they're the generals on the field, and and then obviously the backers played against them last year. But with all of them playing together, man, it's it's it's definitely different for us. But in terms of the scheme, the coverage is, and what they do, it's similar, but every years a little different.
Speaker 2: So yeah, at the Game of the day.
Speaker 1: You talked about the value of having Debo and Trent back on the field. I'm curious, just a big picture, how do you view having those guys. What does it mean in terms of just kind of setting it home for for what you guys want to be as a team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've been huge pieces in the last couple of years for this offense. You know, guys that we could all look to in terms of, you know, creating the energy, the spark, and honestly, even like before the game, you know, Trent is one that breaks us all down before we go out to the field, and you know, when he's not playing, he doesn't do it. So even just having that kind of aspect and energy, like, he's a huge piece of this culture man. And then Debo as well, obviously being able to get him the ball, make plays, you know, feed off his energy and his swagger that he plays with. You know, they've had so much success and help build this place to what it is now over the past couple of years. So having those guys back, I mean, they're huge. They're part of our offense and and you know, for me as a quarterback, it's like, man, like, those are the two of the guys that I always want to be playing with, and for me it helps out with my confidence and stuff every play.
Speaker 2: So they're definitely huge for us.
Speaker 1: I'm like this, but that Tampa game was the first of seventeen starts, so since then, so you've basically started for one season. Now when you look back, you look back at that game of that film, would you see and you look at yourself now or do you see it dramatically? Are a lot better player now than seventeen games ago?
Speaker 2: Yes, and no.
Speaker 3: You know there's plays that I made and stuff in that game where everyone was like, you know, wow, this guy can play.
Speaker 2: So it just felt good.
Speaker 3: But you know, after you play for a while, it's like, in a sense, you're sort of expected to play at that standard. So that's that's where I'm at with that. You know, I watched the film. There's some stuff on the film honestly where I was like, dude, like that's a little sloppy. I can clean it up. Just the operation, how I run the offense. Those are all areas I feel like I've grown and can continue to be better at. But you know, the spark, the energy, the chip on the shoulder that I played with in that game, I feel like, in the sense it's sort of the same, like still trying to prove to myself that you know, I belong in this league and on this team and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, still you feel like you still have to prove that to yourself now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, honestly, I'm still learning with all this my mindset and stuff throughout the season.
Speaker 2: It's a long season.
Speaker 3: But even like the last or the three games where we lost, it's like sort of reminding myself of, dude, you know, you got to play with that chip on your shoulder again and be hungry and and prove yourself that, you know, every single game, you got to prove yourself that you're you know, supposed to be there. And so looking back on the film and watching that Bucks game, it's like, man, I was playing like that. So it's always good to go back and sort of just remind myself of that mentality.
Speaker 1: You remember your emotional state before going into that game, your first NFL start, versus how you feel now before going into a game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean honestly a lot.
Speaker 3: You know, last last year, going into that game, it's like everyone's eyes were on me, like I feel like the guys in the locker room and stuff like how's this rookie going to handle it? You know, the preparation, like it's it's one thing to get thrown into a game and and uh, you know, not all the pressure and stuff's on you. It's like you sort of have that outlet of yeah, I just got thrown into the game, give me a week to prepare. But now you've got a week to prepare, and it's like, all right, let's see what you can do with it. So I feel like there definitely was some you know, expectations and pressures and stuff that I felt just naturally. But you know, compared to now, it's like, yeah, I put that usher expectation on myself in terms of I'll have to play at the standard now, you know, trying to get better every single week. But last year going into this game is definitely on another level.
Speaker 2: Balance.
Speaker 1: How do you balance you know, the mindset of stay aggressive versus be patient, take care of the football and you know, take the check down. How do you balance that and still stay aggressive?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's a it's a mindset. I'd say, you know, I'm just playing without fear, you know, the fear of failure, something that you know, I feel like I've learned over the years, especially in college. You know, if you go out there and have that mentality of I don't want to mess up, then you can start playing timid and then you're you know, obviously not playing like yourself like you have growing up your whole life with that competitive edge. So that's one thing that I've I've learned for sure is to you know, try to take out fear, throw it out the window, and play clear minded, play like a surgeon, you know, do what Kyle's asking of me, but being smart with the ball at the same time, but also having the mentality of you know, playing fearless, and that doesn't mean play reckless, but be smart with the ball, play within the offensive scheme. Something happens where it's off schedule, you know, play ball. So I'm still learning that, honestly, but I feel like that's how I look at it right now.
Speaker 1: We asked a lot of guys on defense yesterday just about being from place coming win against Jackson.
Speaker 3: How do you make sure the guys in the huddle on offense aren't place and kind of overlooking this game is coming up at point? Yeah, I mean, I think we have so much you know, experience and and you know, just the veteran leadership on this team where I don't have to be a raw rock guy and tell guys, hey, we can't get complacent anything like. That's the expectation. We know, it's a it's a long season. Every single Sunday matters that that we all know what's at stake every Sunday.
Speaker 2: So that's the that's the cool thing about it.
Speaker 3: I mean, but you know, with new plays and and new things going on for this game planning this week.
Speaker 2: That's my job.
Speaker 3: That's where I sort of get on guys and be like, hey, we have to be cleaner here here, here with the little details within the plays and stuff. So I mean, that's I guess where I could get on guys. But I don't have to be in the locker room telling everybody because we have the experience and guys know what to do and what to expect.
Speaker 2: So thanks guys,