Speaker 1: Kabooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old republic, a sol fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Clearinghouse of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now in.
Speaker 1: The air everywhere, in the eye of the storm, a thirst for knowledge. It is the Fifth Hour with Ben Mahler and Danny g Radio as we patch together and exciting Sunday podcast. And you know what this is now, this is not just Sunday. It's not just the last podcast that we're gonna do in the month of April. No, no, no, Danny, it is in the bag. Are you ready to go on the bag?
Speaker 3: The mail bag? Mother sucker.
Speaker 4: That means oh, hi, oh, it's in the bag.
Speaker 1: Right to the mail bag we go as many. We have tons of emails. I think we've gotten more email this week than we have in months. Danny the mail bag blowing up. People love the mail bag, which is a lot different than Aspen. This is not Aspen and people, No, no, it's not. People confuse it. It's not and it's it's really upsetting that people think this is Ask Ben, because it's bull.
Speaker 3: It's bull crap ask two point zero.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, that's not true at all. All right, So right, Mike from Fullerton writes in he says, hello, hello, Hello, No, that's a good we didn't do that this weekend. Damn. All right, Hello, Ben and Danny g Now that Fox Sports Radio change studios, do you have any idea what's going to happen to the old one? Do you think it'll be turned into a podcast studio, a hobo encampment, or maybe they'll just burn it down. What do you think? Oh, it's a great question. Right now, there's nothing in there. It's just the same. They haven't done anything to it. At least what I saw the other day, it's the same. I think what they should do is make it a Denny's again, because it was originally a Denny's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I ill d you need a switch it up and making an ie hop this time either.
Speaker 1: Way, but your egg's over Miami. You need some pancakes. You go into the old studio boom.
Speaker 3: We could be the first ever sports radio network to serve up hotcakes and hot cakes.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go. That sounds like a slogan on a billboard. Sign me up for that, right, Yeah. I don't know what are they gonna do? Is he just gonna lay dormant? I don't know what they're going to do because a lot of those shows are moving across the burbank, a lot of the supposedly, I don't know that'll happen.
Speaker 3: I don't know our vending machines over there though. So when I walked past it last Friday, there were a couple of sleeping bags in the main studio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that was the one request that Eddie Garcia had. Eddie was complaining because his studio door the update studio is right near the front of the building and you'd have to walk all the way to the back. So Eddie wanted the vending machine move. That was on his list.
Speaker 3: I like that, good job, Eddie.
Speaker 1: My lips have been on it. What are the chances that that happens?
Speaker 3: What are the chances zero percent of that?
Speaker 1: I don't think. I tell you what, I don't think it's that out of bounds. I'll tell you why. If you own the vending machine, wouldn't you want the vending machine pushed to the front. Now, the company might not want it in the front of the building because it kind of looks bad.
Speaker 3: That's why I think there's zero percent chance, because this is going to be sightline when the executives walk in through the front doors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because where the vending machine is now, Mike, it's so far in the back. No executives make it that far in the back. It's near the old Nicky six studio, and that used to be there. Used to be a country show that came out of there from nat and moved to Nashville. So I'm not sure what they're gonna do with the podcast studio to answer that question, or what they're gonna do with the old studio. Are they going to repurpose it? I don't know. I have no idea. Depends how much money it costs, right, Isn't that usually the determining factor on all these things usually?
Speaker 3: You know, though, if they start pulling down those signs, we got to get in on that.
Speaker 1: Damn right. I'm I definitely want one of those signs. Orlando from Hampton Roads Virginia. Right, Sandy says, is there anything you or Danny g wish you could add to.
Speaker 3: The new studio?
Speaker 1: Oh, you got a half hour, we'd like to sauce it up a little bit. Yeah. I mean there's a lot of little things that if you were designed your own studio, you would you would keep those things in mind and you would want them. And that's not designed for us. It's designed for somebody else. I don't know. It's brand spanking new kind of It's as we said, is a lot of big names have been in there over the years.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I mean I guess they did the best with the space that was available to them, because it wasn't like they just completely started from scratch. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I will tell you the one thing that I love, probably more than anything about the studio is the ability to make it like an ice box. And I'm not sure how this is going to go because the old studio we used to have air conditioning, and then somebody knocked some a hole, knocked the air conditioning thing off the wall. So when they put it back in, they put a generic one which you couldn't change the temperature in the room. And I like to be an eskimo, is that offensive? I like to I don't know. I love it cold. So I went in the other It's a true story, hand to gud. So I go in there the other night, my opening Salam in the new studio. You've got the cameras. All the lights are on because we're doing like an Internet TV thing, you know, the Internet guys are doing their thing. Jason and Harmon are getting off the air. I go in there and I just sit down and I start talking and I'm sweating. Date, I have like flop sweat. It was like eighty degrees in there, and then I realized, wait a minute, I can turn the temperature down. So I turned it down about fifty two degrees and I loved it. Was great. It was the most comfortable I have been doing a radio show at Fox in years, probably ten years. I'm not exaggerating. It was so cold. It was great, wonderful.
Speaker 3: Dang, I need my own room. I don't like sharing. I don't like the board operator telling me it's too cold. It's too cold, see turn more lights on. I don't like those stupid French fry lamps above us, the track lighting. I don't like that. I don't like how hot it is in the studio, and most of the guys, for whatever reason, most of the tech producers like the studio to be warm.
Speaker 1: A bunch of weirdos already warm. You have so much equipment, electronic equipment that it's much warmer in that room. Yeah, and what are these people? Zombies? What was wrong with these people?
Speaker 3: You know? I give Roberto a lot of props for the fact that he likes the same temperature I do.
Speaker 1: The great mass of ratis there? You go? All right, let's see here al from blah blah blah rights and he says, there is is there a pool at FSR on who will be the first on air personality to either spill or break something in the shiny new studio. I'm guessing by the time that you read this, it already happened. And know, the phones not working does not count. According to alf now Burying nash Feel had a similar question. He says, yoyo, Ma, Benny, how long do you give it before the heathens at FSR totally trash the new studio? So I believe by the time I get back tonight, oh, because.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be the weekend slobs.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, they actually hire Neanderthals to work on the weekends. A lot of people don't know this, but they're like cavemen that come in there and they're Steve Hartman undomesticated animals. Oh yes, And these people can't go more than a segment without eating. And they're like there's whole chickens. There's like the carcass of a chicken in the trash can, and then there's like they like a lot of smelly foods fish, like a half eaten salmon, and then there's some other you know, I have weird fish over there, and it's it's a big freaking nightmare. So yeah, and they don't pick up the trash on the weekends. So even though there have been multiple memos, internal memos at the company saying do not eat in the studios, treat this like a new car. Yeah, guarantee you somebody say, well, when I buy a new car, I go to Taco Bell and I get seventeen burritos and five tacos and I eat them in the car and I put nacho cheese on everything.
Speaker 3: So anyway, you can see what their bedroom looks like at their house.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh, their bathroom for that oh nasty. Patricia living in Vegas right, since she's from the Great Northeast. She says, hello, Ben and Danny, Gee, what is up with your microphone?
Speaker 3: Ben?
Speaker 1: Everyone is loud enough on your show, but your microphone hasn't been loud in a long time except when you're yelling.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought the mic was fine. I thought my mic was fine. I prefer just a preference. I like the other microphone I know I use, actually the studio we use for the podcast. This mic is the same one we have, yea, but I like the other. I like the other microphone. I prefer that one better that we used to use.
Speaker 3: The other one was silver mic. You're on a black mic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, once you go black, you know, it's a big thing. It's a big microphone thing. So yeah, yeah, So I can't answer that, Patricia. I thought it sounded okay. It was odd. I was hearing some weird noise in the background. I don't sure what that was. I thought it sounded like a TV show or something, which seemed like a problem. But that's on the list, and they'll suck it up and they'll fix it and all that stuff. Fred from Spring, Texas writes and he says, Hi, guys, great show. It makes my wig and think about that. We make Fred in Spring Texas this weekend. Danny just by providing the podcast. That's enough. Yes, he's a simple man. He's a simple man. He says, what are your some of your favorite He says, TV. But we've answered this more but radio shows from present and past. So we're connoisseurs of radio. I've often mentioned some of the big influence of mine when I was coming up in radio from the past, the Jim Healy Show. If you want to know what that sounds like on YouTube, type in Jim Healey Radio Show. There's some old clips on YouTube. You can hear some of the nonsense that inspired me to get into radio. And I loved Art Bell. Coast to Coast was a big thing my mom and I remember driving in the car with my mom and it would be the Paul Harvey Good Day and it would be you know, the news and in a minute you're about to hear the rest of the story. So that was always a big thing to hear him. And then early Howard Stern before he went woke and all that. I loved the old Stern show. That was a big influence on me too. So those are a few of the shows that stand out any old radio or current radio. Well, obviously you like Covino and Rich, but anything else that stands out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when I was a little kid, I remember my mom driving us around in the car and these two guys used to come on the air, Dave and Ben and No No No, And my mom was like, oh, these guys are good. They're on David. Guys, it's Dave and Ben. And we'd all gather around the car radio speakers.
Speaker 1: Noses growing Pinocchio, you know, you know what I mean. One of the shows when I was a kid, I used to call and anybody who's an old timer in Vegas will know this name. There's a guy named Lee Pete and on Sunday night. This is how long ago this was a little kid. I'd scan the dial. I got a station. I was living in southern California. I got in Orange County. I got a station out of Vegas. It was Kaydon. It was the Stardust Line Sunday night from ten o'clock till midnight, and they had the lines. They gave them the lines, and this is before the internet, so they would announce the lines on this they called the Stardust line for like the following football games the following week.
Speaker 3: And it was like, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's so archaic to think about now because everything's immediately updated and it's just the way of the world now. But back then, it was like it was a big deal. And I would I would call it as a kid to a gambling show on a Sunday night, and occasionally they would it would put me on, and so I do I do have fun memories of that, and and uh, and then there's some other shows. I told the story before. There was one other show out of Vegas I called into and I was terrible as a caller, and they kept putting me on, and I like, I don't understand, Like why did they keep putting me on?
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 1: Finally one of the hosts kind of pointed out to me that they had no other callers, that I was the only call.
Speaker 3: You know, one honorable mention. He's been on our podcast, the first guy I remember being syndicated southern California all the way up to northern California.
Speaker 1: Scottie Farrell, Oh Farrell on the bench.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do you remember being a little kid listening to him popping open alcoholic beverages that the listeners would ask him to pour for them. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I listened to Scott too, and I became friends with him over the years working in the business. And I remember the first time I ever saw Scott do his show live. We were at the National Sports Grill in Waynea Park, which no longer exists near Not's Berry Farm, and Scott was doing the show. He had the microphone in one hand and a beer in the other, and he was drinking. I thought he was I thought it was an act. I thought, Oh, he's not really drinking, he's just saying that.
Speaker 3: No, he was drinking, and he graduated to some other party favors.
Speaker 1: Yes, and maybe even when he was on this podcast he might have been partaking. I don't know. I have no idea. Next up is Hillbilly Mike. He says, Hey, Ben, recently I sent you a link and a photo of a Malard Militia's shirt, only to find out, you know, it was not yours. To inform me the shirt had Mallard Militia, Ben Maller show in the air everywhere on all that stuff, I said, these guys might as well be eating out of your refrigerator when you're not at home. I'm assuming you have copy You have not copyrighted any of your phrases or name or anything like that, but if you had, would you go after them? And does it burn your biscuits that someone is making money off of what you've built because it burns mine? There you go, I think you should kick them in the nuts. Hillbilly Mike. So I did see the shirt. It is not anything that I signed off on. It's not even really a good looking shirt, so I think it's old. There have been a few things we've done over the years, but I don't think they sold any of those things, to be honest.
Speaker 2: With I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe they did. I have no idea, But like I said, Hillbilly Mike, we are planning on since the Minnesota shirt went well, if you didn't hear that on the one of the previous podcasts, we're planning on rolling out other stuff. But it's the way this T shirt stuff works the people were talking to. It's kinda because you can't just leave it open because if costs, you've got to have a certain end date. You got to order by a certain date or else The cost gets out of hand. So that's kind of it's going to be pre order. If we do anything else, and if people want it, they can order it, we'll put a cutoff date on that and that'll be that'll be all. Also, people were like, what about a Danny G shirt, Danny any T shirts, Danny G Radio merchandise, Danny any of that available?
Speaker 3: No, you got to do that, man, Yeah, that would be cool. Maybe after my son is born, I'll take a picture of him like Biggie did when he was a little baby. I'll turn my son into the next star wrapper put him on his shirt.
Speaker 1: Boom, there you go, and Last Name Radio it'll.
Speaker 3: Be a bigger Yeah, Bigie radio.
Speaker 1: I love Biggie Biggie Radio for sure. Mixed up. Let's see here. We've got Dave and Rosco the Parrot from winter Park, Florida says, go raise Ben, what's your favorite beer? And Emmett in Olympia, Washington says, what is your guys go to drink besides water?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So I'm not a big beer drinker. Dave and Roscoe the Parrot, I do like that root beer beer, which a lot of people don't like, but that's got high alcohol content and it tastes like root beer and you don't. It doesn't taste like alcohol and it's wonderful. So I love that. And then Emmett, who's not old enough to drink yet, I don't believe, he says, what do you drink other than water? So my guilty pleasure is I like lemonade. I don't drink soda, but I'll have some lemonade from time to time. Or cranberry juice I got mixed together banana, Oh not banana, pineapple juice and cranberry juice. Well, no kind of soft cocktail type thing. What about you, Danny.
Speaker 3: Man, I drink nothing but regular coke. No, I'm kidding. And this is my last chair on the podcast because I'll be dead. Besides water, let's see, you know, I drink vitamin water, the zero zero vitamin water, Triple X, the purple one. That's good. Also, we have those packets of sugar free flavors that you mix and I guess they got some vitamins that them too, you mix into water.
Speaker 1: Crystal light are those electrolytes? Because Tom Brady was a big olayeah that was remember hit that was his michigasp yes, he said he would drink I think it was like eighty No, it's twenty five glasses of water. You have to add electrolytes.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, speaking of that, I guess the zero gatorade that's a regular at the house. And as far as alcohol, I would go dark beer then Japanese beer like sapporo. That's really good because you can add the hot sake to it make a soake bomb.
Speaker 1: Nice air force, Andrew writes, And he says, man, who is the member of the Malin militia that got thrown out at the Malor event in Bakersfield. Come on, you're just Andrew better than that. You're just surfing searching for a compliment, is what you're doing. Bad job by you. Shame on you. What's wrong with you? It's embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Be better. Remember how he changed his clothes in the parking lot to throw off.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, that was so funny. He had a Yankee like a Derek Jeter pinstripe yankee shirt and hat and he got kicked out in like the second inning of the game. And he gets kicked out and then we hear this commotion and security is like freaking out because he got back in. I say security. It's like one guy who was eating a donut was the security at this place.
Speaker 3: He got back in because he took the jersey off.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, and he turned the hat inside out or something. Oh yeah, they'll never get They'll never catch me. Are you kidding me? They will never ever find this out. Next up on the mailbag, Jay Rod from Canzah City says, Hey, Big Ben and Danny, I wonder if Jay Rods had the Ben Mallard chicken fingers at the Landing in Liberty, Missouri, which is not far away from the Chief Stadium in the Royal Stadium. I'm not sure if he's had that or not.
Speaker 3: Not sure has he ever been food poisoned.
Speaker 1: That is not helpful. That is a bad job by you, Danny, And I want you to know my friend Bob Fesco, who hosts the morning show on six ten Sports, is one of my radio buddies. I go on the show every week. He had they're a sponsor of that local show in Kansas City, and he went out. They had a bunch of the guys from the station. They went to the landing and he was sending me food porn pictures of the Ben Mallard. Chicken fingers are amazing, and they're not really chicken fingers, see that's false advertised. Look like they're the size of like a bus. They're like each chicken figures the size of a Greyhound.
Speaker 3: Bus, like a huge chicken tender.
Speaker 1: No, this is this is a man. I'm gonna try to find a photo here. Hold, let me see you find it.
Speaker 3: Did did he say it was like juicy and I just don't like them when they fry him too much?
Speaker 1: No, no, this is this is great, this is perfect. Here. Let me send you the photo. This is the the ben hold On sick here.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah those are chicken tenders.
Speaker 1: Yeah those that's a full, big piece of chicken. You see the honey mustard sauce there in the photo. And the fries. Look at they give you a lot of fries.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those fries look well done.
Speaker 1: The fries, the fries look good. You can see the pepper on the chicken. So I I guess I'm on a fast right now, Danny, So I'm kind of hungry. I'm like, i'd like to have some of those right now. If I could teleport beat me up, jay Rod to your hometown there in Kansas City. He says, Oh, here's here's this perfect Dan. He says, I do door dash and uber eats while I'm out. I like to take pictures of cool stuff I see around the city. I got a new pre a few preview pics of the draft set up. So this is from the other day and the hotel across the street. Yeah, that's pretty cool. It's a nice little hobby. Jay Rod may I recommend, though, try to get yourself in a many some of the photos, you know, because you take photos of stuff. It's okay, but you want you you want you want to be part of the photo. Don't you want to be part of the photo a little bit some of them.
Speaker 3: No, I don't like ruining my pictures, dare you. No, I'm saying I don't want to be in my own photo because look, I look at my photo and I'm like, God, I look tired, geez, I look bloated, damn it, I need a tan. I mean, unless you get the right angle, you know, the girl angle, get the right angle overhand, and it's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but here's the way I look at it. You know, it's like, what's that famous quote. I'm trying trying to remember the quote, but it was. It was something like, today is the oldest you've ever been, but the youngest you'll ever be again. Right, So it's like, you know, we're all getting older and we're not getting any younger and all that stuff. So yeah, take a photo, you're like, cause I promise you ten years from now you'll be like, boy, I look pretty good compared to what I look like now. Right.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like saying, it's not gonna get any better than this, schmuck, take a picture of yourself.
Speaker 1: It's gonna get much worse. It's gonna be Dante's Inferno, so you might as well take a picture. But anyway, I did enjoy your photos, Jay Rodd. It's cool. I see the big hollaballoo there and all of the the stanchions and the stage and all that this they've got set up there. They had set up for the the draft and so but again, put yourself in there to bring back memories and all that.
Speaker 3: If you'd like to take the best picture of your entire life, have Eddie Garcia take some photos.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is uh obtuose Eddie. We call him.
Speaker 3: Just completely oblivious to how people look in photos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, isn't that just a common courtesy of society, Danny that if you're gonna take someone's photo, you give them final edit on whether or not you post the photo of them before you jump into the fray of social media.
Speaker 3: I don't care, I'm leaving goodbye. You put their best foot forward for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, otherwise you are a maggot if you do that right, you can't. I mean, I don't want to be too dramatic here, but.
Speaker 3: He one time took a picture of you where your entire head was glowing.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, now I realize I have a hair issue, but it's fine. But there are some angles, as Danny has pointed out, where it doesn't look quite as bad, it doesn't look as terrible, and an adult in the room would say, well, maybe I should retake that photo. Eddie just takes a look at it, and he just, without even thinking, publishes it to the Internet and it's there forever. You never take it down. Ever.
Speaker 3: That should be one of your nicknames. Malard's cranium.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a big head, I do. Pete the Machinist writes in on the mail Bag. He says, when you go out. Guys, when you go out with your wives, do you pick the restaurant? Does she pick it? Do you both do the nothing sounds good maneuver, he says. Also, when you set up a meeting, are you typically early to the agreed time or are you arriving right at the last minute or late? Okay, so these are some good questions. This is from Pete the Machinist, a Beaver believer. Okay, go beevs. So to answer the first part, we eat out usually once a week, unless we're on a road trip. At me and the wife. We like cooking. My wife does some of the cooking. I do some of the cooking, so we don't mind doing that. We feel like we can save money and we get stuff that we like, and so that's kind of what we do. But the one time we eat out my wife, we have we've we've been with each other long enough, we have certain restaurants that are kind of our go to our go to restaurants, if you will, and so we normally kind of go to those our comfort zone, and every once in a while we'll mix in a new restaurant, but very rarely, Danny, will it be added to the list. It's very rare that we try a new place and it's an added to rotation.
Speaker 3: Hardly ever makes the final cut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have a five restaurant rotation. We have our favorite Italian plays, our favorite sandwich shop, our favorite deli, favorite Mexican restaurant, we have our favorite Mediterranean restaurant, and we have our favorite burger. Six we have a burger place. So it's like six places that we go to and that's about it. I think my wife would agree. We have like a six restaurant rotation and then every once in a while will change it up and try something new, and then we usually hate it. As far as the meaning thing, I am on time out. I try to get there on time, try to.
Speaker 3: Get there, Okay, Andy Reid.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm it's like Lombardy right, it's like that old quote about Lombardio or who is the Tom Coughlin, Right, it's you talk about habits and then trying to do all that stuff. But like remember if you're if you're not there five minutes early, you're late. Remember that. Like I was together five minutes early. I think of Lombardi was like fifteen minutes early. That was like Lombardi time when he coached the packers.
Speaker 3: The that's ridiculous. Then just make make your call time for the meeting fifteen minutes sooner.
Speaker 1: Then, now that's it's funny you bring that up on a zoom meeting. I get there at the very last minute. But it's an in person meeting, then I try to get there early. And depends how important the meeting. It depends if it's like a job.
Speaker 3: Or Yeah, they always say for the interview, be there fifteen minutes before it. If your boss calls you to his office, be there ten minutes prior to the meeting time.
Speaker 1: And if it's the DMV, show up ten minutes late because you'll be waiting anyway, you'll be stuck in mud. So it's like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: If it's the dentist or a doctor's office, flip them the bird. They try to reschedule you if you're late. But then again it's okay if they make you wait for a half hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you have an appointment, which fascinates me. You have an appointment, well you'll have to wait. The doctor's busy. Right now, how about we pump the brakes on that I've got an appointment my time is the most valuable thing that I have. Ow dare you? A guy named Amish writes in from the six one four he says, what are the top three European countries that your wife wants to visit?
Speaker 3: Ben?
Speaker 1: Have you or Danny g ever been to Europe? And if not, what's the What are the three countries that is are on your bucket list? I was fortunate enough to travel to Europe as an undergrad present from my mom. How cool is that? Back in seven? Good job about your mom after graduating from the University of Cincinnati. So this guy's like bragging. These are like humble brags here from this guy Amish Danny, He's like, I graduated from the University of Cincinnati. My mom's a better mom than your mom. She hooked me up with the true But anyways, says his three favorite countries areas of Europe that he enjoyed London, England, France, and then he said Paris, and then he named a couple of other countries that I will not even try to pronounce because I will I will butcher them. So have you done Europe? I don't think you have. You have not been there?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I have not. I know that my wife he has talked about the fact that she wants to visit Greece. That would be cool. My mom studied French literature in school at one point spoke French fluently because of her. I would like to go to France and then Italy. Man that's where my grandparents came over here to Ellis Island from more specifically sicily the island beneath the boot.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: To answer the question, amised. My wife has been to Europe. She was like a teenager when she went, and I have not, and so I definitely want to start out. One of my friends just went to Europe not that long ago, and he said, it's not that expensive. You fly into London. The flights in the US to London are not that bad, so you make London the hub. So you got to start in London. He's explaining me the whole thing, give me the whole run day. So you fly to London, that's your base, and then from London you can get to any of those other countries pretty easily, and then you can get back to London because it's a hub. So that's you save money that way. So I definitely want to get to London, probably Paris, although it's not that high on my list. And then Italy because I was friendly with my wife's grandfather, Luigi, and he's from a town out in the boondocks in Italy, so I kind of like to see where he grew up because I you know, he was a good guy, good dude. He passed away a couple of years ago. Kapeche, he used to say all the time, So I'd like to see that. That would be kind of cool. And then not in not in Europe, but over which is kind of in the Middle East. There it is in the Middle East. I'd like to to get to Israel. I actually have a cousin that owns a restaurant. I think he still owns the restaurant there and some other you know, you know how you have family and places, but they're not You're not really close with him. It's that kind of thing like I have. But if I call him up, they'd be like, who the fuck is this guy? What does this guy want?
Speaker 3: I have cousins who own a wine bar in Sicily, and my uncle flew there last year, paid for a translator to come with him, and he spent a week in and out of the wine bar.
Speaker 1: Nice, it's cool, that's cool.
Speaker 3: We should all or move And.
Speaker 1: You might want to go right when the kid. I can't go right when the kid pops out.
Speaker 3: Got to wait six months for him to be able to travel.
Speaker 1: Really okay, but you've got that window where it's free, so you could conceive it. I would think it would be a pain in the ass, but you'd be saving thousands of dollars in airfare, Danny g So if you were to do that, that would be the time to do that. Otherwise you'll get.
Speaker 3: On your mom's lap. Shut up.
Speaker 1: Either that or you get grandma to watch you. Have you decided the names for the grandparents? That's always a big thing, have you?
Speaker 3: Oh no, not yet?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to have meetings. Who's gonna get to choose? Like is it one's grandma and then what's the other? What's the Italian word for grandma?
Speaker 3: People do nanny?
Speaker 1: Nanni? Isn't? Yeah? Okay, nanny? Yeah, there's like a few different ones, And isn't the rule? Like you have to everyone's got to have their own. So the kid associates them with that name, like one's bubby, one's grandma.
Speaker 3: Nana, oh me, yeah.
Speaker 1: These are things you need to work out. Then this is the are very important here, okay, because there's accountability because when the kid pops out, everyone's gonna want to spend time with the kid. And they're even though the kid will not remember anything from the first couple of years. You know, are the tide? All right, that's enough of the man. We gotta get out of here. We got things to do. It is Sunday back on the radio tonight. I will be there the Ben Malor Show, brand new week of programming. Looking forward to that. We'll take a look back. I'm sure a lot of it will be on the NFL Draft, the Raging Bull that is the NFL Draft.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you see who the Raiders got championship?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, okay, uh no, It's all about the rams, f M pis, f M picks and the trades, the unexpected trades, expect the unexpected. Danny, right, you didn't see what happened this weekend? You you you were completely surprised. That was one hundred and eighty degree turn what happened this weekend. Anyway, We'll get out, have a wonderful day. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You are my favorite person for downloading this podcast and supporting it and telling friends and all that stuff. And we will catch you next time.
Speaker 3: Later, Skater got a murder. I gotta go.