Speaker 1: We got an email that I thought would be something that would make you both very happy, but especially one, mister writer or strong. I read it, I immediately thought of you, and I thought I should bring this up on the show. So someone recommended to us that we do a boy meets World book club, that.
Speaker 2: We start.
Speaker 1: Reading different books, that we each get to pick a book and then we read it and then we talk about it. And I thought, Okay, we all love to read, but we all have very different tastes in things we like to read.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Will's going to make us read two thousand page fans.
Speaker 4: I already know the one. I'm it is small. I already know the one. I'm going to make you read book one of ten, but you only have to read the first.
Speaker 1: One, all right, all right, See that makes me excited. I'm interested. I'm very excited about it. So I thought we could maybe commit right now to doing a little book club.
Speaker 2: And anybody have any suggestions?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 4: Okay, Yes, I have a suggestion.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I don't know if you guys know this, but I did a little book club podcast for Disco still out there, you can find it.
Speaker 5: I was on it.
Speaker 3: I Will was our Yeah, fantasy sci fi correspondent. Yeah, we did this. You know, when you have a podcast about books not as popular as a podcast about a TV show. No, of course that's facts anyway. Yeah, I love this idea and I love talking about books, and I want to do something different. So okay, that I want to read is a new book. I want to read something new, and I think it should be something that that that I haven't ready either the books. This is my favorite book. So the one I'm going to throw is it's called Blob a Love Story by Maggie Sue Su is her last name. It's about a I think a college age girl who falls in love with a blob.
Speaker 6: Oh oh yes, I don't think they like to be called that anymore.
Speaker 2: What college age girl.
Speaker 4: American is exactly what I would call it. I have been working out. Yeah, it's apparently so.
Speaker 3: I think it has like what you might call magical realist or maybe just fantastical or supernatural elements. There's some I don't know what level, but I think it's funny. But I think it's also about relationships in college. I don't know. I'm excited. This is yeah, one more time.
Speaker 2: Blob a Love Story by.
Speaker 3: Who Maggie Sue s U.
Speaker 2: Maggie Sue.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've already bought my copy. I think, yeah, if we should, we should.
Speaker 4: It's about it's about an invertebrate American. I'm excited.
Speaker 3: I gotta can't wait. See what's fun about this is this happened in literary Disco too. It was the best when we hated the books, Like when the books were bad, it was actually more fun.
Speaker 1: Like we did an episode some people think are episodes when we don't like Boy Meets World are the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's so much more to talk about it, and we're so passionate about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, Like, well, some of the best episodes of literary Disco when we went back and read like Sweet Valley High, hardy Boys and like books that people kind of have fond memories, and then you go back and you're like, there's there's a lot of date rape in Sweet Valley High. You remember peers, they're like, you know, in the nineteen forties, They're like it's pretty intense. You're like, why are these kids by themselves, these high schoolers like solving crimes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you remember when we did it with Piers Anthony. We read it we were like, what the hell is It was like.
Speaker 3: It was written four horny eleven year old boys who were.
Speaker 4: Like boobs, and we're like, wait, I love.
Speaker 3: It's thet series by Peters Anthony. It's like it was one of my favorite series of books. I'm like, oh, maybe that's why.
Speaker 2: You were eleven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really bad.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I'm excited to read blahb a Love Story by Maggie Sue. That'll be our first official book club selection.
Speaker 2: We hope you join us.
Speaker 1: Well, probably, we have to figure out how long we're going to give ourselves.
Speaker 6: I was just going to say, because we also it's like, now we have homework for the podcast.
Speaker 4: Come on, were this is a homework Watch World.
Speaker 6: That's not a homework. That's a pleasure. That's what that is, my friend.
Speaker 3: We need an excuse story. Like I seriously, like I've been such a reader all my life, Like during Literary Disco, I was reading so much, and then COVID hit Literary Disco. We stopped, we put it on pause, and I just stopped reading. Like so it's only within the last six months I finally have been reading it.
Speaker 1: The only person I know who gave up a podcast during.
Speaker 4: COVID and read.
Speaker 2: You have too much time on my hands to be at home.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna wait, I'm reading.
Speaker 6: No, we did.
Speaker 3: We did like one full year of like hardcore podcasting, and then I was just and then we started this one. Actually, that was a big part of it too. I was like, you know, I'm not like Will. I can't do like four podcasts at once.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: But you can read four books at once.
Speaker 4: Which I don't get you reading multiple books?
Speaker 3: Oh god? And then I have audiobooks that I'm listening to.
Speaker 7: No, it's good, it's good.
Speaker 3: It keeps on your toes. I know.
Speaker 1: I actually really do appreciate when My first thought when I read the email was do I share this with the guys because I am going to be giving myself homework when we take this up. But like writer said, I'm actually really excited about it because I love to read, and my big thing is the only time I get to read is right before I go to sleep. And knowing that I have like a deadline is going to make me go, No, I can't scroll my phone mindlessly before bed. I have to take this twenty to thirty minutes to read for the podcast.
Speaker 2: So I'm really excited about in.
Speaker 4: The shower reading in the shower. I did that this morning.
Speaker 2: Never happened in.
Speaker 4: The shower, did it this morning?
Speaker 6: Read two chapters of my fantasy novel this morning while soap them another's there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 1: I don't ever want to hear just soap in my nethers again telling you please talk about a fantasy story.
Speaker 6: No, let's go back to that's me telling you the same thing.
Speaker 4: We're in the same story.
Speaker 1: Come on, okay, but seriously, why don't we say homework is due in a month one month from now, we will do bad.
Speaker 2: That gives us plenty of Yeah, that'll give us plenty of time.
Speaker 1: We'll have time to read it, think about our thoughts, and then we'll do the episode. All right, So one month, one month from now, book Club officially starts Pod book Club with Blob, a love story by Maggie Sue.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Pod meets World.
Speaker 4: I'm Daniel Fishl, I'm Writer Strong, and I'm Wilfordell.
Speaker 5: This was a very specific call to our listeners. Uh for questions. We've had these q and as now over five seasons, and as the guy who fields the emails, I knew we needed unique questions because if you don't whittle it down to say that, we need to hear something original. The question you'll get over and over is why did Eric get stupid? Or over the seasons that's.
Speaker 4: Which I've never I've never noticed.
Speaker 3: Or what was your favorite episode?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What's your favorite episode of work on should depend?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Another big one is if you could be another character in the show, who would it be? Which I was surprised how many people send that in.
Speaker 4: We've answered that, I think before.
Speaker 3: I think we have answered that on the podcast.
Speaker 4: I thought we did. Was that a live show? I couldn't remember which one.
Speaker 5: Let's keep everyone mysterious, don't answer it. I didn't think so this time we asked for new questions, things we've never heard before. And I'm very proud of those who sent in their voice memos and written emails this time. And this is one of our beloved Q and A episode. So are you guys ready to start? Just right off the bat? God?
Speaker 2: Yeah, give them to us.
Speaker 5: All right. While we're talking about introductions and first things, this is Andrew, who has a question that absolutely befuddled me. I don't know the answer to it. Here it is.
Speaker 7: Hey guys, this is Andrew from Indianapolis, Indiana. My question is about the intro slash theme song for seasons five through seven. During the intro for those seasons, it seems like it could be you guys as a cast just hanging out, or it also seems like it could be the characters of Boy Meets World hanging out on a street on various days in the Boy Meets World universe. So my question is do you think that intro is meant to be a part of the canon of Boy Meets World or is it just meant to be you guys as a cast hanging out and goofing off. And I'm curious if you remember when you film that, if you're given any sort of direction as to how to act, because I could see it going either way with some of the faces you make and some of the things that are done in those scenes.
Speaker 5: Love the pod.
Speaker 7: Thanks guys.
Speaker 3: I think we talked about this right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you mentioned writer that they were actually recording us being us, and we didn't they We knew that we were being filmed, but we didn't we didn't know what it was for.
Speaker 3: So Jeff McCracken was directing the opening credits. But then he had Jody. What was Jody's Winstock? Bin Stock was his. She was shadowing him as a training director. She ended up directing at least one, maybe two episodes of our show, and she's now a producer, I think. But she was a running around with eight millimeter camera. So though that footage is actually eight millimeter, you can see it has a grain to it. The and you know, gets out of focus in ways that our normal cameras wouldn't have. So it's just us, it's us hanging out. Yeah, And what I'm curious is that then we redid the opening credits because we and so we must have known at that point what it was going to be, and so that from seasons six and seven we are being sort of our character versions of I don't know, we knew that we were basically being filmed all the time that time, So I don't know, Like I think it's it's Corey with a camera, right, It's I like to think that it's in It's in, Uh, it's in boy Meuts World canon, It's it's it's our characters, not I.
Speaker 6: Just remember in the second one when we had Maitland join us that I missed a button. So like my shirt is, I've got like a v of just fabulous chest going on where it's like, just what way too much chess showing in the six and seven. That's what That's what I remember more than anything else.
Speaker 3: But is it Eric or is it you?
Speaker 6: I had too much chess showing, but Eric pulled it off. It was just enough, exactly.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 6: But I also remember they specifically had we didn't have beats in the first one, right, but then they wanted us to match the beats in the second one because it was like the dumping the water, but they reversed to dump the water.
Speaker 4: Daniel You and I did that tongue thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know that's very clearly not to Penga.
Speaker 4: No, that's for me.
Speaker 1: That's the thing that makes me. Yeah, I feel like there's obviously Corey and Topanga kissing is not Ben and Danielle. But Danielle is definitely the one sticking out her tongue, and.
Speaker 2: So is Will. Like those are not Eric and Tapanga moments.
Speaker 4: No, it was strange, so they were doing it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I actually think it's kind of a fun hybrid where they they wanted to get across a little bit of both that it was a little bit of the feeling of this is that these are the characters you love, and here are some of the personalities that bring them to life.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I think we talked about Oh, I'm sorry, I was going to say, I think we talked about Matt Lawrence laughing in the first one because they had a fake hot dog cart and he like, they're like, Matt, grab a soda, and he grabs a soda and pops it open and takes a sip, and it was from like three hundred years ago, and so you see he first spits the whole thing out, and we cut to him right like post spit, and we're all laughing hysterically as he's got this, you know, three hundred years Coca cola in his mouth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I remember. Oh my god, wait, what did you remember a writer?
Speaker 3: Oh, I was gonna say, I remember when we were doing the second one, because my I remember the day very clearly. My buddy from back home was visiting and we got to do a huge religious debate, like all of us were sitting her out back and we were like, I was like full atheist skeptic mode, and I remember Trina and me going at it and laughing. It was like, so if we were going to show behind the scenes of like what we were, actually we're actually sitting around director's chairs like getting to it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Fun an opening, Yeah, less friends, like you know, you know, we're a crossfire opening. All right. This question is from Sarah A. Again another thing that I had no idea for the answer. When you guys talked about switching reduction sites, how did that work? Did the sets move or did they have to be totally rebuilt?
Speaker 3: Oh, when we switched from like one studio to another, Oh, they would, they would bring them down. They bring them. So the sets are like really flimsy walls. Basically they're basically cardboard, but they're just plywood walls. And then you know, they put fake brick or whatever the actual what it's supposed to look like. So they can fold and fold down and fit into base like a couple of trucks. You can put an entire stage of rooms and a set, so it was very easy to move. Yeah, but I'm wondering, like, remember we had all that gum on the back of one of our walls. When they move it, they have to like do they move the gum too.
Speaker 6: Like the sore that was our collection that was years in the making. You can't just scrape away the gum wall. I guess it was so disgusting.
Speaker 3: Walls would have been the same walls that were on Disney our first season would have come back and yeah, they just go into storage when we're not shooting, and they go on other shows.
Speaker 6: Have you seen the other there there's clips of like them using our hallway on Smart House and stuff like that, where right, smart guys, he's a smart guy. I mean you can see that they they'll grab the sets from other places, and that's why you kind of go.
Speaker 5: I think Smart guys have stolen pilot of from you guys. I think that they're not stolen, well.
Speaker 1: They stole the shots on our on our set and the entire Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think that during days off because I've watched both and it looks like they just used, which they still do, by the way, Disney still does it. A bunch of a bunch of studios still do it when there's like an opening on a set, rather than rebuild, they're just like it's a pilot whatever, We'll use some shots and using it. And I think that's what that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I think when Ravens Home was had finished a season, they left the set up because they were only going to be gone for a couple of months, and then I think they shot a couple of pilots on the Ravens Home set.
Speaker 2: Makes sense, switch it around a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, here is again about sets, so we're staying on topic, Hannah Kay. She asks, why does Matthew's house and several other sitcom houses I've noticed have two staircases? It's obviously not normal in real life, but seen a lot in set design. Is it blocking? Why?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, question, Yeah, they do have. You want to be able to have ways to get up and down, like you just need more entrances and exits as many as possible and variety like yeah, but we actually never really use it the way we should have, which is you see somebody go up the stairs in the kitchen and then come down in the living room.
Speaker 9: We don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think we ever do that, but we should. No, But it is variety.
Speaker 2: You want variety.
Speaker 1: You also need to, as you guys have seen us talk about a couple of times in a jokey way, you have a lot of times where somebody needs to be saying something that somebody else isn't hearing, but you need them to be able to come and go quickly because maybe they're there for the first part of a conversation and then they're gone for the next part of a conversation, and having staircase where you go, oh, they're upstairs, I buy if you're upstairs, I don't hear what's going on downstairs, Versus if you just turn a corner, you're like, where are that? You can't really really quite picture where that person is.
Speaker 4: So we saw that with I'm exploding your head, where we're like, come on, Phoene's five feet away, like, how is he not seen? Whereas if it was upstairs you would have bought it.
Speaker 3: But it's also just very simply if you were in the kitchen, your only exits would be too, so you couldn't have somebody be in the living room and also be in the rest of the house, Like you couldn't leave to another part of the house, so you were stuck basically having to go outside or because both the doors, the upstage and the downstage door go to the living room, so that was kind of limited. And I'm sure. What happened is they were like, well, we need the option for somebody to leave the kitchen and not join whoever's people are in the living room, right And I always love how every sitcom has a swinging door because that way it's so easy because you don't have to.
Speaker 10: Pull or push.
Speaker 3: You can just move in. But you still have a door because you want to, Like Danielle was saying, have people not know what's on the other side. You need that for.
Speaker 5: While we're talking about logistics, Caitlin Bee has a very good question.
Speaker 11: Hello, Pod Meets World. My name is Caitlin. I'm coming from Mesa, Arizona, and my question is about how you guys handled being.
Speaker 3: Sick while you were on the show.
Speaker 11: You might be able to hear in my voice. I am still battling some laryngitis. But I am a professional musical theater performer, have been for twenty years. I do some voice over work and I had to call out as several shows as a result of this bout of laryngitis that I had, and it made me think I can have an understudy come on for me. But you there couldn't be a new Tapanga or a new Corey or a new Sean or a new Eric. How did you guys handle that if you were sick? And finally, do you have any memories of having to tape while you were sick and what were those memories?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 11: Thank you so much for all the work you do on the pod, all the work you did do it's bringing so much joy to the world.
Speaker 3: Have a good one.
Speaker 4: I have actually two great stories about.
Speaker 2: This, please please, yes, please.
Speaker 6: So the first one was season one and I'd never you know, I'm new to the show. I'm new to being on a sitcom, and I was sick, had a very heavy head cold, and it was kind of the show must go on. And I can still hear it. It's in the episode where I'm talking to Lily and she's sitting in front of me and I'm calling her weasel and doing all this stuff, and I can tell that I'm I'm sick and I just had to come in and you just you work through it again. Voiceovers different, it changes your voice on camera. You're fine, you work through it. But the other one I remember specifically was they would always ask us if we wanted flu shots every year on the show, and for.
Speaker 4: The first three or four years. I didn't want to do it.
Speaker 6: I remember Bill Daniels one time going like, why don't you want to get a shot, And I was like, I just don't want to.
Speaker 4: He's like, are you scared?
Speaker 6: I was like, no, I just don't want to get the shot. I'm never going to get the flu, literally going I'm never going to get the flu. It's never going to happen. But don't even worry about it. What are we even talking about?
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 6: That was tape night I was doing this, like this flu is going around. That night, I woke up in the middle of the night and my temperature was one hundred and four point three. I rolled out of bed, literally rolled out of bed, and dragged myself to the bathroom and sat in a tepit tub until it hit one oh two. Drove myself to the emergency room. I think, because I then kind of came conscious again. At the emergency room. The last thing I heard before I passed out was he's approaching one oh five.
Speaker 4: We need ice, We need ice.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 6: And I passed out and I woke up maybe two or three hours later, and they handed me a phone and I called Steve Hayfer and I said, I'm like sick, sick, like really sick, and he's like, well, what do you have?
Speaker 4: I said it flu.
Speaker 6: I'm in the hospital right now, and he goes, let me get back to you. I went back home and he called me that morning and said, I talked to Michael. We're pushing the week. So they canceled the whole episode that week. We pushed and we had He went to a hiatus that week and forced it because I was so sick. So they canceled the entire show one week because my temperature was so high. I'll never forget those two days. So if you have a head cold, the answer is, if you have a head cold, work through it.
Speaker 4: If it's something bad. Sometimes they had to push the entire.
Speaker 3: We talked about being ableman to hear in people's voice. I can hear it and Bill Daniel's voice in the episode and Ben and then I think that some of the episodes were on low energy. I'm like, I think I was sick. I can tell something's a little off.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But then the only tape night that I ever missed was because I was sick, which was season seven. I got really sick. I got the flu.
Speaker 6: And Mono when remember that the we have our blooper reel and you come out in one of them and you are like, you've lost a ton of weight.
Speaker 3: Because I couldn't eat for a week, and so I was out. And it's the only the only tape night I've ever missed, and it was a bummer because I would have had a perfect record. It was right near the end of the show and then we just I had like three scenes that I had to tape the next week. But you guys went ahead and did the show without me.
Speaker 6: That when you looked at remember you came back and we were all like, oh my god, like you probably lost like eight or nine pounds that week.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 6: It was jarring when you came back because you were not not a heavy guy, so to lose that kind of weight, it was like, Oh, he was really sick.
Speaker 3: I was in my apartment like I was so out of it. Oh my god. It was the worst. Yeah, got it.
Speaker 2: I remember having colds on boy Me's World. I worked through them.
Speaker 1: I never got so sick that I couldn't make a show or anything. But I have told the story before about being very, very sick when we shot the pilot for Girl Meets World. And we shot the pilot for Girl Meets World over two weeks. It was a very very stressful two weeks, and I remember getting very very sick. And I'm not usually a person who gets super sick. I get sick and I'm still able to mostly function. I maybe don't feel that great, but I can still mostly function. And then there are a handful of times where I think I'm not going to be able to do a long day on my feet all day, and the pilot for Girl Meets World was one of those times. And that's where I have the very funny story of for no good reason at all whatsoever, just assuming that musinx was once every four hours, I just was like, they aren't they all?
Speaker 2: Even though also the answer to that question.
Speaker 1: Is no, I know other than advil to advil, I don't know what you can take this every three to four hours, but I thought it was. And I was standing in the pharmacy, going mucin X D or MUCINEX the regular one. You know what, I'll get both and I'll alternate them one every four hours.
Speaker 4: I'll take a hit a crack and then drop some acid.
Speaker 2: And when I tell you that I felt so great. I felt so great. I felt so great, and everyone was saying, like, oh my gosh, how are you doing it? I feel like, yes, what, I don't even really feel like sick anymore. I don't have been taking USXD and.
Speaker 1: I've been taking us and it's really not even that victim me. I actually feel really good. I also had no appetite. I lost like five pounds over two days. And it was on the second day that I went, I'm gonna shock to see because think I'm supposed to take Someone said I don't think you're supposed to take those every four hours and I was like, oh, no, look I don't think that's a better turn around.
Speaker 2: Oh taking these every four hours.
Speaker 5: She's holding onto the like like the wall.
Speaker 1: She's like, yeah, So anyway, I've never done that again. I learned my lesson with that one, but it did get me through two tape days.
Speaker 4: There you go, Yeah, I remember a Girl meets World.
Speaker 6: I'm supposed to walk in and pick up Augie and go cousin Augie and like give him a kiss and put him right. And we rehearsed the whole time, and then tape night comes and right before I'm gonna walk in.
Speaker 4: Somebody walks up to me.
Speaker 6: Like, hey, just for the record, he's really sick and has horrible pink eye.
Speaker 5: Just be careful.
Speaker 6: And I was like, oh, okay, I've been kissing this kid all week, but all right, here we go.
Speaker 4: It's like droopy I and I was like, hey, we.
Speaker 3: Should watch it. I bet you if we put it in slow motion, You're.
Speaker 6: Like, slowly, I can't see the plastic sheet I have over my first.
Speaker 5: While we're talking about noticing certain things about you guys while watching the show. This is from John Jay in a past Q and A, I vaguely recall a quick mention that by the end of the show, you guys were checked out a bit. As we start with season six, I was wondering if it's possible to point out roughly when that was from each of you.
Speaker 3: Season four for me, basically once I started college. Actually, I've noticed that once I started college, like I am, it's the end of season end of season four, so the beginning of season five for me, really I felt the difference in my performance, in my commitment. But also it became a Corey to penga show, you know, like it really was Corey Sean Show for so many storylines, and at the end of season four, like we lost Turner, we dropped all of Sean's family stuff, Like, well, I guess that's not true because we did have Matt coming in, But I don't know. It just feels different to me, and I knew. I know that I was going to college, like I cared more about philosophy and English lit and all the things I was learning. And then my friends and people I was meeting in college, I was living on campus, like it was just that was my life, you know. And I can see that like Boy Meets World at that point was already sort of a kind of a zombie job, you know, where it's like, oh, it keeps going, but for me, it was dead. It was like, oh, I've already done this. I can keep doing it. And that's going to be interesting to see how that plays out in six and seven, because I do remember specific episodes, and I remember, you know, caring about some stuff, but for the most part, I was on autopilot for a lot of that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna look for it in season six. I know it hadn't happened yet. By the end of season five, I think I was still. You know, Corey and to Panka were just really firing on all cylinders. I know it happens somewhere during season six, So I'm going to keep my eyes out for to see if I can like spot the episode or if when I watch it, I'm like, oh, I remember, I remember this being the moment where I go, I'm not going to do this anymore. So yeah, I'm going to look for it and see and see if I can find it.
Speaker 2: Will was probably never checked out.
Speaker 4: I don't think I ever did. I never checked out. I loved every every minute. I haven't make it hard.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, the last season was specifically hard working with the two of you though, because I just wanted to be there and you guys were vocally didn't want to be there.
Speaker 3: It was like you and I got very close in the last season, like we were. It was fine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it was fine, but it was it was we never none of us really had to talk about like, you know, we should be this isn't going to last forever. We should It was just it was our what happens when you're a kid, you think it's going to last forever.
Speaker 4: It's just you know, we were young, but I just loved. I would still be.
Speaker 6: I'd be doing season forty eight A boy Mes World right now because just because I love being on the set.
Speaker 4: I love being in front of an audience.
Speaker 6: I love trying to make a joke where there isn't one, So it's just the whole process is something I love so much.
Speaker 4: But Will be a pretty sad show.
Speaker 5: Will says he has to make call time. He still does all I do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I wake up in the morning and the first thing I do is I'm like interior Will's bedroom morning.
Speaker 4: Will stretches and grabs his phone. Yeah you do.
Speaker 5: Let's dive a little bit into writer in college and philosophy and reading and Kristen ka as a question.
Speaker 8: Hi everyone, my name's Kirsten. This is a nerd question mostly for writer. I love you, Will, I love you, Danielle, I love you Jensen, husband of the podcast. I'm sorry. How do you feel about Tennessee Williams? And if you like Tennessee Williams, would you consider playing Tom or Jim in The Glass Menagerie? Because it is my dream as a disabled actress to play opposite you and has been since I was Corey and Sean's age.
Speaker 3: So I would love to know.
Speaker 8: And additionally, would you consider going back to musical theater if you didn't have to sing? This might seem like a weird question, but you did say unique questions. Thank you so much for your time, Thanks for the podcast. I love all of you so much.
Speaker 4: Good night, just not as much as Rider.
Speaker 3: I get it, man, I love Tennessee Williams.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 3: I've never read The Glass Menagerie though, so that I would love to read it. Yeah, I mean Tennessee Williams is one of those legends I didn't discover until pretty pretty late. I get because not as a teenager. I didn't. I read him in my twenties. And yeah, huge fan. I've been having this weird experience lately. I've been having recurring theater dreams.
Speaker 4: Wait, so I was gonna say so actor dreams, actor dreams, but.
Speaker 3: Also not always actor dreams. That's what's weird. Is like I've been in the audience for plays where either I'm in the audience or I'm and and I'm messing up, like I'm I'm like, okay, there's there's one. I had this really intense dream where it was like I was upstairs in the balcony in the theater, and they like had to move me. Like the ushers were like, oh no, you have to go downstairs, and they moved downstairs. And when I got downstairs, the way that the set was built was that the audience was actually on like folding chairs. It was like somewhat interactive, and so I was like, oh okay, and we sat down to these interacts and these folding chairs, and then as the play went on, we like moved in closer when the play moved rooms. And then like I didn't move when I was supposed to, and the whole audience was like yelling at me and the actors were screaming. I like ruined the play just by being in the audience. And then I've had all these dream I don't know, and it's so funny because I've been telling Indy about them, because like he loves to tell me about his dream. So I've been like, oh, yeah, I had another dream about being in it, and he's like, Dad, you shaved. It's time to be an actor again. Oh what are you talking about. He's like He's like, well, now that you're you shaved, and you should you should you should act again. And that's what these dreams are telling you. I'm like, Andy, I don't believe that dreams tell you things, you know. So we've been having lots of gov but yeah, i've been having like every night for the last week, I've been having recurring acting dreams.
Speaker 6: So well, those are anxiety dreams. It's those ones. Yeah, You're on the stage and you don't you haven't read the script or I can't get the page the thing.
Speaker 3: Ever. Yeah, and a couple of these have been that I'm going back to do something I've already done in like real life, like the graduat or le mis or something, and it's changed, like the script is changed, and I'm like, no, no, no, no, it's different now, and they're like, well, you just have to figure it out.
Speaker 4: Go Yeah, no one told you.
Speaker 3: Oh no one told me.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 3: So yeah, like you know, but I've always said that I would act only if I went back and did theater first. That was that's the only way I would go back to acting. So yeah, maybe, but you know, I would love to. Like it's so weird because I still think in terms of roles for like thirty year old you know, the last time I was acting, so like now, I would have to be looking at characters that are older, and I don't know what those characters would be like. So yeah, I'd love to read a Tennessee Williams play and see if I'm right for a part I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, cool, I prefer Mississippi Johnson.
Speaker 10: Who uh.
Speaker 5: While we're talking about reading, let's ask this question for Monica. When I was a kid, my dad read the book Chicken Soup for the Kid's Soul to me. I recently realized that Danielleen Writer wrote stories in it. Did you really write them? Danielle's story is called a Friend, and writers is called my Grandfather's Gift.
Speaker 1: I don't remember the process. I mean, I remember doing it, but I don't remember the process of what I did mine, though I looked it up. Mine is called a friend and then it says by Danielle Fischel and Friends.
Speaker 5: What okay?
Speaker 3: You don't remember what it's about or what I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't remember what it's about.
Speaker 1: And if I have a feeling that it's about my friend Jessica and it might be so no, I don't remember. I'd have to read it and then I could tell you for sure whether or not. I wrote it, but I don't remember the process. I don't remember how that opportunity even came about, but I do remember that I that I did it, and I think, did you do the audio.
Speaker 2: Narration for yours writer?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 6: No, Okay, I feel like I did that for teenage Soul and blurb at the front, but I never did a story. But we all had something to do with the chicken soup work.
Speaker 3: I remember it very well. They asked me to contribute something, and I had just written my college essay to get into Occidental. So it's a version of my college essay, which was about a poem my grandfather used to recite from memory, and then we had found the poem, or my cousin had found the poem, because it was like this kind of obscure poem about smoking your first cigar by the way, that's the pump. It's about like it's from a kid's point of view smoking, and my grandfather used to recite it whenever we would go camping or have storytime or whatever, and so I had like memorized the but he couldn't remember past a certain point. So when we found it, he got to hear the rest of it, and I don't know. I somehow wrote an essay about it for some reason as my college application essay, and that right at the same time the chicken soup people asked for something. And I remember because David Colmes was helping me write my college essay, and I remember talking about it with him and he was like, yeah, that would be good, but in retrospect, it's really not good because it's about smoking, like for a kid's real self help book or whatever. But they took it and but then they made me rewrite it to take out big vocabulary words, and I remember it was a big debate. Like I I was upset. I was like, no, the whole point is like kids should look up words that they don't know. Yeah, Like I was of the mind that you don't change and they were. They went. We went back and forth, and I remember talking with David Combs about it and like, yeah, they made me change words, and I guess I caved because I, if I remember correctly, I ended up caving and like it's it's you know. My my college essay was a little a little more eloquent and had bigger words than what ended up in that book, but I know I'd love to reread it. But they actually found they actually published the poem too. They published my piem that my grandpa liked to pitch something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, bonus episode where we go over them Sure, okay, okat okay, and soup for the podmet World. While we're talking about picking words and selecting vocabulary, Cliff has a question.
Speaker 12: Hey guys, my name's Cliff. I'm from Raleigh, North Carolina, and my question is this. We all know that Boy Meets World was a family friendly TGIF show, but let's imagine for a moment that it was actually rated TV fourteen. If you could go back and insert one F bomb into any moment from the show, what moment would it be?
Speaker 4: Wow, that's a great question, fun question. Good, Wow, that's tough. Where would you where would be the most? It would get your most bang for your.
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 3: I just thought about the moment when Lauren shows up and I go good out. Yeah, if we just turned around and actually Corey just it was like she's wearing a Laura outfit and then turned around with what they so because that's such a funny moment. And if you just like turned from the like to know, Ye, this can't happen.
Speaker 1: Mine definitely would play in somewhere into the Lauren storyline, like for sure it would be somewhere in that storyline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh, I don't know, Will.
Speaker 3: Or maybe chick like me when I reviewed what I what I right before I punch you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 6: To me, it seems like and I don't know how this would work organically, but it seems like the thing that would make it just magical is if it was Phoenie. Oh yes, if somehow Bill just drops an F bomb out of no it just.
Speaker 3: What would be the most? What was the most like so far? What has been the most? Like Phoenie completely over over whatever's happening in front of him. You have to be something Eric does He just says what the act? The actual actually is so funny.
Speaker 5: We watched with Writer with you and Ben and you're explaining something to him and he's so mad at your stupidity in it lockers like that, I think is when he's just like I want That's where I would put the FB.
Speaker 2: Something like that would be so funny.
Speaker 3: We have to figure out the Feenie.
Speaker 4: Or or give it to Lily or lindsay right, that could work too.
Speaker 5: Good question. That's this question for Matt m If Lego was to release something based on one of your sets from the show, like they have for Friends or Seinfeld or The Office, which would you like to see?
Speaker 2: Wow, I love this.
Speaker 3: That's such a great question.
Speaker 4: There's so many can give us, so many possibilities.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say the classroom. Yeah, I think we need to do the final scene Bill Daniels in the classroom.
Speaker 3: I would love to be able to build a little Lego set of the if it was like fully accurate as far as all the little props in the background, the Shakespeare bust and like all this stuff.
Speaker 6: Chubbies would be good too't there forever but Chubbies are be good too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chubbies would be better because it would be able to include like all the characters, like you could have the parents, you could have every.
Speaker 1: Usually that many characters in them though they have yeah they don't they they stick to like yeah. So that's why Chubbies would be hard.
Speaker 3: If you and the Hallway.
Speaker 6: I got screwed out of a pop so I'm not getting screwed out of a Lego set.
Speaker 4: So it can't just be something with.
Speaker 3: The kid just.
Speaker 1: The classroom, the classroom, though if we did the last it's you, it's the four of us.
Speaker 3: I would want to do Turner's classroom in the hallway from the second and third season, because that would be that hallway that could be each and you could have the Bullies, you could have Eric, you could have that's true to any coming from the Turner. You could have every.
Speaker 4: Tiny little feenie weenie door like you see where.
Speaker 1: It'd be great if we did the whole, the whole thing. But I don't think they don't do those. We have to actually think of one that they do. I mean they do have twelve season two and three twelve We're gonna.
Speaker 3: Have you fine, the scream episode classroom.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's so good.
Speaker 2: That would maybe maybe Phoenie peeking in through.
Speaker 3: The Yeah, feeni dead with scissors out of his back.
Speaker 2: That's a really good one. That's a good one.
Speaker 5: Let's do.
Speaker 4: Let's I that can sounding leg.
Speaker 2: Scream episode with Phoenie with scissors in his back.
Speaker 4: Great, good one, good call.
Speaker 5: I want to chub you so bad because I wanted a little O. J. Jersey. All right, here is Charlotte. She has a question about location and your work in in that place.
Speaker 13: Hi, I have a question about excents on Boy Meets World. I know that Matt Lawrence is originally from Philadelphia, but I was wondering if any of the three of you tried to do a Philadelphia accent at any point on the show, and if not, maybe you could do one for us.
Speaker 4: Now, first of all, that accent was fake. Let's be honest.
Speaker 3: Is that New Zealand was that?
Speaker 4: Or South Africa was in New Zealand?
Speaker 3: New Zealand, New Zealand. Yeah, I can't do Philly. I've tried because my family's for Philly, and it's like the O sound, it's like the certain Actually that's less Philly. I mean, Pennsylvania has a very specific O sound. You can't do it.
Speaker 4: Well, I thought, I know, not at all.
Speaker 3: You know, I can't do it. I can't.
Speaker 4: I don't even know.
Speaker 3: I know when.
Speaker 5: Did it ever come up? Did it ever come up?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, we barely even barely acknowledged like, yeah, Philly.
Speaker 3: The sports teams we never talked about, like where we were. It always felt like Jersey, New York based on the accents, like everybody was doing a New York accent constantly. Yeah, mister, but yeah, I never can.
Speaker 6: By the way, who for some reason has from Westport, Connecticut yet somehow truly, mister Turnament, really you should sound like like Charles Emerson Winchester for God's sake.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's stay international with Jamie.
Speaker 14: Hi there, this is Jamie coming to you all the way from just outside of Chichester in West Sussex, UK. I absolutely love the podcast, cannot wait to hear more. And I'm sure you're already aware, but there is quite a fandom for Boy Meets World here in the UK, and I've often wondered, when any of you have traveled outside of the US, what is the most bizarre moment of recognition that you've ever had from somebody. Thank you so much once again for the podcast, Bye bye for now.
Speaker 1: Great questions, awesome question here you okay go for a wealthy because it was so inappropriate.
Speaker 4: I got. I had a group of.
Speaker 6: Kids screaming at me in the middle of the and Frank House in Amsterdam, like learning about.
Speaker 4: This this girl's horrible.
Speaker 6: Life and how you know, and then oh my god, yeah, and I'm like not the place, not the place, and just screaming can we take pictures?
Speaker 4: All that stuff middle of the n Frank House in Amsterdam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not that's memorable.
Speaker 3: I've told my story on the podcast, right, I don't know, which was a live show about being in Spain. I was, Yeah, I definitely have told I don't know I wrote about it when we when Girl Meets World wasn't out because I don't anyway, so this has probably been out there. But I was in Spain right after boy Me's World ended. So this was two thousand. I was doing a I was doing a summer course in Salamanca to learn Spanish and screen tested for a movie and had to go home, like leave and I had to leave my friend and uh, you know, it was a it was a screen test. I had to do it, and so I like got it. I didn't know how I was, you know, back then, he didn't have like easy communicator. I was on a pay phone with my manager. I was like, Okay, I got to get back to the United States. It's in the next like twenty four hours. So I had to like wake up at like two in the morning to catch a train from Salamanca to you know whatever. So it was a crazy stressful time and I'm like all freaked out, and I'm on this train at like four in the morning and some guy like nudges me awake, and I don't speak Spanish, obviously that's there to learn it. And he's like trying to talk to me, and I'm like, I don't know. I'm so sorry, and he's like, I'm like, I'm sorry. He's like and then he takes a moment and he looks at me and he goes Benga and then he's like, yeah, you get his autograph and that's all he wanted.
Speaker 12: Cool.
Speaker 3: See, it was like the international language of boy and I know what you're talking about because it's called in Spanish it's Me and the World. It's like that it translates to like I am the world or I'm I'm meeting the world as as anyway we could not, but yeah, so Tapanga is the It was great. It was such a fun Like really, I was so hardressed. No, you actually helped me. I remember I got sick and I showed up on Shiloh's couch. You came over and you you helped me prepare for this test. Matt Lawrence got the part. Matt Lawrence got a part in the movie you not the same part, but oh, is it hot chick? No, it was called It was a very funny script that I don't think turned into a good movie, but I loved The director's name was Andrew Something. It was called Cheaters. It was about kids who cheat at school. I don't know. It was a it was you know, it was a movie. And at the time, I was like, Oh, I got to come back from Spain to do it.
Speaker 6: Geez.
Speaker 1: When we went to Malta when I was eighteen, I graduated graduated from high school, and one of the things I wanted to do as like my celebration for graduating from high school was take my family to Malta. And so that's where my grandfather and my grandmother are from. And so we all went and and my grandfather's brother owned a bar in Malta, and I was sitting in the bar and they were playing Boy Meets.
Speaker 2: World at the bar. But it was reruns.
Speaker 1: It was like they had also it was reruns for where we were in these states, but I think they had just gotten Boy Meets World, so for them it was like a new show. And so I was on the screen at twelve. It's like season one and there's a drunk guy sitting next to me, and I'm just sitting there kind of watching the show, like, man, this is so weird. Here I am eighteen with my family, my first time ever going to Malta, and here we are and my family's bar and wow, look at that.
Speaker 2: And the guy's like looking at me, and he's looking back up.
Speaker 3: At the TV.
Speaker 2: He's looking at me, he's looking back up at the TV. And then he goes, you could be her older sister. I went, yeah, yeah, I could shoot. Yeah, you're right, I really could. It was very funny.
Speaker 1: That's that's my favorite international.
Speaker 4: Do you remember the two of us sitting in the hash bar in Amsterdam and having a conversation, one of our many conversations, and then hearing our voices and going what the hell and then looking over the bar and on the screen there's a Boy meets World playing.
Speaker 8: Are you.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty sure, but that was another moment where we're like, oh my god, this is surreal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was very strange.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's stay in public for Amy H's question. If you're at a Starbucks and the barista calls out Sean to Panga or Eric for an order, would you look up out of habit.
Speaker 2: I answered to Panga, like, it's my actual name.
Speaker 5: So yes, every other day. Yeah, sure, of course our friend's wife. This is actually kind of crazy. I have a good friend whose wife once and I had known him for like a decent amount of a show, ran up to us and was like, Jensen, great show to Panga, good to see you.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: He's like, crazy, Yeah, I seen.
Speaker 3: I have total sympathy for somebody accidentally calling me that, you know, but I get annoyed when people do it intentionally. Agreed, like yelling out, I will purposefully ignore people. I actually kind of keep my head down even people yell out Rider, which has been a problem for like friends who are actually trying to get a hold of me. But like you know, obviously, I just like, uh but but Sean for sure bothers me. When people are like and you can hear it the way they're doing it, it's not like Sean, Hey you Sean. It's like they're trying to get my attention by saying that thing that's annoying. But no, like borist doesn't stuff. I actually am more insecure about saying the name Rider. I will use my wife's name, because you know, if we're like, you know, I'll just say Alex because it can be either gender, and I'll just use her name because rider gets confusing, or that's when people look up and they're like, oh, you're the guy. Yeah, I'd rather just not deal with it, so I just say Alex.
Speaker 4: I don't get Eric A lot. I get Eric some What I get mostly is people doing the Phoenie call.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I get people yelling Fhoenie at me, which is odd because I didn't play mister Phoinie.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you writer.
Speaker 1: If somebody yells out topango, I'm not gonna I'm most of the time, I'm not going to turn around, although lately I've just started turning around to that because nine times out of ten they're going Topanga and I turn around and they're like.
Speaker 2: What up, and I'm just like hey, and then and that's it.
Speaker 1: Whereas you know, it used to feel more insulting for someone to like they yell at you, yeah.
Speaker 3: Because we were younger in the twenty in your twenties. If you were like it meant that they were probably coming out of a bar or you know, it's that certain tone, like you didn't want those encounters. Now, yeah, people are in their thirties forties, even if they're saying that they're usually pretty cool and they they don't.
Speaker 7: They don't.
Speaker 2: They just want to be like and it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's totally fine. I know it's changed, it's easier.
Speaker 4: You just don't get recognized anywhere else. That's the.
Speaker 5: Yah I got for the first time the other day at Danielle Danielle and I spend.
Speaker 1: I knew it was not someone I knew and kept going and Jensen was like, that person's trying to get your attention.
Speaker 5: First time in years I've ever been. He goes over there and it was not someone she knew. Now, okay, let's move on. This is Joseph and he mentioned something and wants to know what you know about it. Hey, guys, congrats on doing five seasons with The boy Mes World, But you missed the secret.
Speaker 7: Episode that I don't think many people know about.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 5: Do you guys remember the time in nineteen ninety four where ABC had you guys host the Saturday morning cartoon preview special.
Speaker 7: You guys have to review that.
Speaker 4: Also, when are we getting a review of Grinders?
Speaker 3: Let's do it I'm totally Yeah. The Saturday Morning we talked about, I think such a weird experience. I hated it, but yes, I would love to review that because it is painful. I remember trying to rewatch it when we started this podcast and like, it's so poorly written and we are so uncomfortable. Will are you in? I don't think you're in the Saturday Morning preview things.
Speaker 4: I honestly don't remember.
Speaker 6: It's just to me, it's like it's the Boy meets World equivalent of the The Wookie Christmas first Star Wars.
Speaker 3: Star Wars Christmas is so good though similar.
Speaker 5: I watch a little of it. It is kind of your Star Wars Christmas.
Speaker 3: We have to do it.
Speaker 4: Am I in it? I don't even remember.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're in it. Yeah. I think it's like Lily, No, I.
Speaker 6: Am, And we did see part of this. I do because I'm sitting down with her with Lily. It's like Lily and watching, yeah, watching the thing. So yes, it's and Grinders. I would still love to see grinders. It still sounds like a gay porn to me, but I'd love to see it.
Speaker 3: Grinders and the centers in a line. You know what I'm talking.
Speaker 5: Abouts here's seth. He wants to know. Was there ever a time on the show where you guys got into really stupid arguments or fights where you look back now and just think, man, we were stupid teenagers.
Speaker 4: Every we.
Speaker 3: Still do it. We still Actually we've gotten better the last couple of years. I feel like because we do the podcast, we don't get into many ridiculous Yeah, because we just see each other more often, but like.
Speaker 4: Less time together drinking too, which was helpful.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. But when we were on the show, we used to get into it, like really inane arguments. I mean sometimes it would be political, uh and I still remember them. But also it would be really a nand stuff. I remember, like little things that we would just be like, no, you only I don't know what, like drink coffee this way, or it would be like stupid and we were just strategy.
Speaker 4: I mean it was just like we were just had.
Speaker 3: No yeah, yeah, or like what's a good book or a bad movie or whatever. We would just get into it.
Speaker 4: We would we would do that.
Speaker 6: That was that was constantly, and if it wasn't us, it would be other people on the show.
Speaker 4: Yes, we were kids. We were kids and like a little family. So yeah, we were bickering all the time.
Speaker 2: Of course, yeah, of course Ben and I.
Speaker 1: Ben and I got into an argument once and and we weren't We were like not looking at each other, and it was apparently showing up on on not only in our run throughs, but then on screen, look like.
Speaker 4: They hate each other.
Speaker 1: And Michael called us into his office and he was like, guys, you're not leaving here until we work this out. I can't have Corey into Panga not making eye contact with each other. And we talked it out, and I found out why he was upset with me. I apologized. I didn't know that that's why he was upset. There was a misunderstanding something I'd said that I should not have said. And I apologized. And then even after I apologized, I went home and I wrote him a letter apologizing and gave it to him.
Speaker 2: And that letter really meant a lot to him.
Speaker 5: And I know that they put chicken soup for the soul.
Speaker 2: That's what I wrote.
Speaker 1: No, it's I know that meant a lot to him, because I'm pretty sure we talked about it maybe then during Girl Meets World and sometimes we were talking about the kids, the kids getting into little arguments, and I used it as an example of like, look, you know, Ben and I also got into fights. And I told them that story and Ben said, and I still have that letter you wrote me sweet.
Speaker 11: That sweet.
Speaker 6: The fights were never knocked down, drag out. They never got physical or even close.
Speaker 4: We were just we have like magine if they did. Oh, have you ever been on sets where you've had actors pulled apart. It's been on sets where it's like you have actors pulled apart.
Speaker 6: Sure, and you know it's a bunch of actors getting into something.
Speaker 2: And yes, I think of actors as being like boxers, I.
Speaker 4: Know, but they're emotional.
Speaker 6: You were emotional people, so you can get your take it too far or something like that in a shove or something.
Speaker 4: No, it was never like that. So it was yeah, but we'd always God.
Speaker 6: There was some political religious literature, I mean something we talked about.
Speaker 1: We talked about our situation with writer too, where I said something about astrology and Writer made one of his very ride or comments about how actually I haven't.
Speaker 3: Talk about that on the podcast. We talked about a live show. Yeah, when you told that alone.
Speaker 1: You want to tell for us to tell it here, thankfully, because Mercury is in retrograde.
Speaker 4: Can't talk about it now.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it was Danielle and d ed mates we're making some comment while we were shooting. I think it was like the wedding it was later. It was like the wedding episode was like season six or seven, and yeah, and and and I made some sort of Actually I don't even think I said anything. I think I just rolled my eyes and like, Rod, you walked away, and you just turned to me and you said, you know, for somebody who thinks that they're open minded, you're the most judgmental person I've ever met. And it just just floored me because you were right. And and then I like, yeah, I just was so devastated. And I remember because my girlfriend at the time from who was dating from college, was there and I just started crying backstage and I was like, I need to I need to go make this right. And so I pulled you and Ben aside, and I remember sitting out inside of the Kate the CBS Radford, the smoking section where will we have smoked the smoking and I remember I just went, I went and sat you guys down and I just was like, hey, I really I feel like I've been you know, just not and I really, yeah, judgmental friend. And I really care about you guys, and I don't want you to feel like you know, I think I think we're going to be in each other's lives forever, and I want to make sure that we always love each other and have respect. And yeah, and I just remember crying and Danielle, you were so gracious and like forgiving and we talked about it and you know, yeah, been able to stay friends ever since.
Speaker 2: And look at that.
Speaker 5: So yeah, all right, let's move on to Melissa V. Which person on the Boy Meets World set had the most influenced or impact on your life during the run of the show and which person had the most influence after the show ended? So these are both people from Boy Meets World.
Speaker 3: Okay, such a hard question.
Speaker 4: It is a really hard question. So different people for different reasons, that's the thing.
Speaker 5: Well, you are forced to pick one of each.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's easiest for me to say post Boy Meets World writer and will because I'm we have I mean, look at this podcast, like as far as influential on our lives and helping me look back over the course of my time on the show and unpacking a childhood, Like who's been more influential than these two who we've gone on this journey with. So I think I think for post Boy Meets World, you too, now.
Speaker 3: That we should take that off the table because that's too obvious.
Speaker 15: Okay, let's take let's take synergy. Okay, you know what I've been Okay, I would say David Calms during during it was like, you know, he changed my life as far as opening my mind to all the things. I still care about it so much in an academic sense and intellectual and artistic. And then post Boy Meets World, I would say I've realized Jeff McCracken was a huge, huge hero of mine, and I don't think I quite knew it because he was so humble. Yeah, the man never tooted his own horn, never let me know that, you know, but he just inspired me.
Speaker 3: And like I've followed in his footsteps. I still think about, you know, how he treated us, and like when I went on Girl Meets World, he was my guiding light as far as how to talk to the kids and how to be and like, yeah, so Jeff has turned out to be a huge influence on me that I didn't quite realize at the time. If you had asked me, I'd be like, oh, I love Jeff, But I don't think I would have said like, oh, I want my I want to be a director. I want to be able to work with actors the way he does, and like the way he, you know, brings people together and cares about story telling, Like that's just who I've become. And then teaching too. You know, he taught at Chapman. Now I teach a Chapman. I'm like, oh, my god, I've become Jeff McCracken.
Speaker 11: Just sure.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, you couldn't couldn't really have a better role model.
Speaker 6: I mean, my god, he's just a great guy and super talented, and for me on the show, if I have to take both of you out of the equation, for both of them on the show, I would say Bill Daniels was probably my biggest influence all the way around, sometimes in talking and spending time together, sometimes in just watching how he conducted himself.
Speaker 4: I mean, to this day, I still am never late. I you know, know my life.
Speaker 6: It's like there's a professionalism that the man had that's amazing and I emulate as much as I can, so I would say Bill afterwards.
Speaker 4: McCracken's a good one too.
Speaker 6: I would throw Sherman into the mix because Jeff and I have spent a lot of time together. We've we've worked together, We've written projects together. Jeff Sherman has been somebody I've I've had a lot of fun with. God, just picking one is very hard. Obviously did not have the same relationship with studio teachers that you both did because you were in school for most of the time that you were doing the show, where I just did the first year. Tony Quinn is another one that he and I were very close and still are.
Speaker 4: And so, yeah, picking one is just going to be too hard for me.
Speaker 6: There's been David Kendall, There's been I mean, there's been a lot of people that I've I've spent time with post show that have helped to kind of shape the person that I've become.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of them. Unfortunately, I wish I could just pick one, but I can't.
Speaker 1: I feel like during the time on Boy Meets World, I would love to say David Combs and Wesley they were both you know, my teachers and were very influential on me. But I also was just as a high school student, wasn't that into school, and so they tried, and certainly by the time then I ended up going to college when I was twenty seven late in life, I was very much like I can feel the David and the Wesley like I can feel them, and I feel all the things they said to me about why I should care about this and why I should pay attention. I feel it very much now. So I think their influence hit me later. But I don't think there's any way around me saying that the most influential person on my time on Boy Meet's World was Michael Michael Jacobs. I you know, I it would almost feel disingenuous to say I cared about anybody's opinion as much as I cared about Michaels. I never questioned whether or not what Michael said was right or wrong. There was no it's wrong. I thought everything he said was genius. I thought everything he said was correct. I thought I lived on Yeah Gospel. I lived on every word he said. And when he said we were not doing a good job, I believed him. And when he said that we were killing it and things were great. I was constantly chasing that. So my time on the show, Michael was the most influential person for me. And then post Boy Meets World, I feel like, similarly to what writer said, Jeff McCracken as a director.
Speaker 2: Now I think.
Speaker 1: About Jeff and the way Jeff led us and talked to us and his style, and I think about him all the time, and he's still in my life and he's the type of leader I want to be. He's the type of he's the type of man I want to be.
Speaker 2: Frankly, I.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I want to be Jeff McCracken.
Speaker 1: And so I would say I have gone back to conversations and moments and times with Jeff, so though I think it would be Michael Jacobs while I was on the show, and then post the show, Jeff McCracken.
Speaker 5: While we're talking about people you worked with and what you feel about working with him. Here Shelley from down Under Good.
Speaker 13: Eye, Guys, my question is, out of all accost who is most like their character and who is least similar to their character?
Speaker 7: That's the short and sweet cheers guys.
Speaker 2: Hmm, that's a good question.
Speaker 3: Good question.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, obviously Eric being a total Dodo bird is not at all like Will. Will's very very smart, but how funny Eric is, But.
Speaker 3: Eric's not intentionally funny the way that Will's intentions you're taking the experience of being around Will is similar to the experience of watching Eric yours, but that's a completely different you know, like, yeah, no, I was thinking that through too. I was like, well, but it's that's just the energy and the experience that's not the person.
Speaker 1: So I think Will is least Will is least like Eric.
Speaker 3: I'm probably the most like.
Speaker 4: I think you're pretty pretty a lot.
Speaker 3: You're a lot like Sean, super sensitive, overly dramatics everything personally, Yeah, likes poetry.
Speaker 2: Likes poetry. Yeah, you don't come from a broken family.
Speaker 4: No, that's true.
Speaker 6: And in all fairness, they started to write to you like like you were nothing like Sean at the beginning, you know, but.
Speaker 3: That's the thing. I mean, yeah, a lot of like Sean or Sean like like you. Sean's like me, I think, oh, you know, you know, you know who's actually uh interestingly Rusty is very Allen and that he's like a stable like sort of you know, like uh, not aggressively but simply masculine force and like no posturing, but very like grounded and just like powerful and like I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, only honest moments like us.
Speaker 3: A little like cooler. Yeah, Alan, you know, Rusty's got like a style that's like Alan's a little more like suburban that Rusty's not. But they're very similar energies and like same source of like good conversation and like advice without being uh didactic, like just sort of like hey, this is the way it works and let me help you out here. I don't know, like I would say they're very similar vibes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Betsy's very nurturing, like Amy's very nurturing.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but we didn't get to know Amy enough to really know how how similar she is to be frankly, Rusty's Rusty's actually kind of a good call.
Speaker 4: That's that's kind of a good call. And then who's least.
Speaker 1: Twelve twelve year old to Banga was nothing like early Topanga. Later Topanga also being like extremely type A and very smart is not at all like high school Danielle.
Speaker 2: But this is very much like a don't.
Speaker 4: And yeah, you grew indeed, your character come.
Speaker 1: To Panga I did. Yeah, my mid twenties. All of a sudden, I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 5: I'm.
Speaker 3: Gosh, that's actually true. You are very similar to Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am.
Speaker 5: That's why. That's why when you guys played exaggerated versions of yourself and Eric Hollywood, I was like, what is this?
Speaker 2: Like, I didn't you didn't know that person?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah No. Danielle back then was very much like I'm kind of like that, yeah, like everybody's best friend and like do do do do?
Speaker 2: And like social freely extroverted.
Speaker 3: Extremely extroverted, like everybody's best friend, and like unting on your lap like exactly. I remember the take being like, oh, she doesn't care about she just does that to everybody. Like she's just loving to everybody. She's everybody's friend.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 5: Everyone.
Speaker 2: Now, I just want to live alone on an island, me alone.
Speaker 5: There's a bomb direct from there.
Speaker 3: There you go. You just want to be on an island with a bullhorn telling everyone else where to go. Let's go over here, let's go over here, let's age it from the top.
Speaker 5: Okay, So if this is a question a lot of people had, and this is our last few here Missy l If you could have chosen any well known nineties kid actor to have joined the show in a reoccurring role, who would it have been.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 6: I just popped right into my head, just because we loved working with him and he was so much fun.
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 6: Was it John which Jackson was in Scream Jeremy Right?
Speaker 2: Was it Jonathan Jonathan Jackson, John Kenny Kenny?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Remember we had a ton Let's be somebody who we didn't work with.
Speaker 4: That's fair, that's fair, that's fair energy.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say Mac Mac with him in New York after a boy and you know, became friendly and he was the coolest guy and very smart, and I'm like, we would have had a lot of fun. And I remember being like, I had no idea that you were this interesting and like cool, and he was like, yeah, I always thought of you as just like a TV kid, because back then it was like there were movie stars and there were TV And like, he would have been awesome. It's just really fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Elijah Wood would have been great too, like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jonathan Taylor Thomas could have been an interesting addition to the shows. Another sitcom like fellow sitcom.
Speaker 1: Kid didn't happen to be We wouldn't have been able to handle all that hair, all the hair between Will and Ryer and me and Jonathan.
Speaker 2: And it's too much hair.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of hair, all right, So let's go to uh kayleas c. Was there ever a time your character had to do something and you felt in your gut that your character would never have actually done this thing?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: This is the person who's not familiar with Eric.
Speaker 3: I mean the legendary version of this was Ben not wanting to and just making it a push off camera because originally punched him in the face, which it's just a but.
Speaker 6: It comes through, it comes through the door. I don't think you you I don't know if you actually see the push.
Speaker 4: You just see.
Speaker 3: Him fly through the door. It was like off camera, it's like in the background because Ben was like, I'm not Corey would never hit somebody. And it was a big remember it's huge debit and TV Guide was there that we that was like the one we had TV guy Did they write an article about Yes, and they like mocked Ben for being this child actor who's trying and I remember, I don't remember I can't find the article online. I don't because I actually look for it because I feel like we've talked about it. I've been like where is that. You can't find it online?
Speaker 4: It somewhere, but it's not.
Speaker 3: It's it's unfair because it's like, you know, and they even interview Michael, and Michael's like Ben has his opinion, like he's for you to do it, like he's the star of this show. But the way the article made it sound was like look at this cute actor trying to be Paccino and like shaking over his show. And it's like, no, we were having and it was one of the few times actually that Ben really stood his ground on something because creatively, as far as like what his character would or would not do.
Speaker 4: I remember that note session. That was a big thing.
Speaker 3: It was supertense. I mean, for yeah, I don't, I don't really.
Speaker 8: Eric.
Speaker 4: Eric would do anything changed every week.
Speaker 6: So it was just I mean, it's true if you'd say no.
Speaker 3: I mean for me. The poetry thing was was when I was like no this, you know, I ended up writing the poetry, but in retrospect, it was less about the poems. It was more about like this whole thing, like why is Shawn a poet? And like watching the show now, I'm like, yeah, that's so out of character. Like literally have episodes about how dumb poetry is to Shaan in the first four seasons or five seasons, so for him to then suddenly you know, yes, this doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: I think there are going to be moments coming up that I remember going like, oh, yeah, this feels very out of character because I don't remember. I know, I don't remember a lot of six and seven. If you thought I didn't remember a lot about one through five, just wait, but.
Speaker 3: I need to Yale, right, I mean, even that we're getting married at that age or any of that.
Speaker 4: Kind of stuff, seems it would go to Yale, But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I remember also at the time thinking like, yeah, there's nothing to Panga has made more clear than the idea that Corey is this she puts his love and their relationship above everything else. She walked, she walked from Pittsburgh. She's so like deciding to propose and not going to Yale. At the time, I think felt very much like I thought Danielle thought it was romantic and that Topanga should and would say no, this is my I'm man, and even and not not understanding that it.
Speaker 2: Didn't it didn't need to choose that way.
Speaker 3: It is the defining It's the moment that defines the Panga in some way, like it is she is a romantic, she is a person.
Speaker 1: There's something that comes up with something pertaining to the prank War.
Speaker 2: There's something about that prank.
Speaker 1: War episode that also sits sits with me as being I don't remember the details of it, apparently I interacted with a bear, but also that sits with me as being the moment I checked out. There's something about that that episode that I have a feeling as being like we we've lost we've lost it, We've officially.
Speaker 4: I wonder if it was the Maitland thing.
Speaker 6: I wonder if it was putting up a giant picture of Maitland in her neglige in the thing, because I remember specifically, there's then Topanga has a line where it's like Corey and Sean do that, and because it's Corey and sew and Tapanga are are on one team and and Maitland are on another team, and so one of the things that then Corey and Sean go and do is they find a sexy photo that Maitland took, that Rachel takes and sends to Matt's character. It's it's then stolen by Sean and Corey, who blow it up full size and plaster it in the the.
Speaker 4: It is to the point where the joke is.
Speaker 6: Then when Matt goes, I can't believe you did this, and he rips it down, there's three or four more underneath it where he keeps ripping it down and it keeps being her picture in the like the lingerie. So I wonder if that's where it was kind of because it was straight up revenge porn. I wonder if it was that remember that Maybe no, yeah, this is because it was so kind of out of character for everybody where it was just like, oh that's that's a that's a bad one.
Speaker 2: That maybe it was that Wow, maybe maybe So I'll let you know.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I that I've seen one with Tepega yet that I'm like, no, she would never have done that, But I know that they're coming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what about the trap? You don't think.
Speaker 2: Again, I don't think it was.
Speaker 1: I don't think she meant I don't think she meant to trap him. I don't think she meant to trap him.
Speaker 5: Also off the table, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and by the way, I want And even if even if it was a trap, you're allowed, she's allowed, she's allowed to say go and do it, and then when you do it, go I don't like the fact that you had to do it. Nothing wrong with that, nothing wrong with changing your mind when your boyfriend's cheated on you and you're trying to within a few seconds make a decision about whether or not it's okay.
Speaker 2: Wasn't a trap on?
Speaker 5: This was another episode with the audience. This last question, the last real question, at least I have one to end it all. This is from Laura. L If you could spend the day with your character in the real world for one day, where would you go and uh, what would you do?
Speaker 2: Hm?
Speaker 3: Oh Sean?
Speaker 6: Fortunately you can visit Sean every other weekend for an hour at the prison that he's in.
Speaker 3: So oh.
Speaker 2: Had a poetry reading.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I don't know. I think. Yeah, I would go. We'd go on a hike, we go backpacking, go to I can see that.
Speaker 1: I'd take to Penga, back to something she would have loved in the early days.
Speaker 2: I'd bring her back to her roots. Maybe we'd maybe I do yoga, a.
Speaker 1: Yoga, I do yoga and uh and ayahuasca.
Speaker 3: You're doing ayahuasca.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm gonna doyasa.
Speaker 5: Probably set that up.
Speaker 6: Enough ayahuasca and it's gonna be LIKELF anyway, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: I would I would take Eric.
Speaker 6: I don't know, maybe skydiving because it scares the hell out of me. Already done it, so maybe i'd go scot.
Speaker 4: You know what I would do.
Speaker 3: I would let Sean take me to Philly. That's to show me around Philadelphia, so I'd get this cool city experience that like Sean hasn't something.
Speaker 5: To do with.
Speaker 2: There'd graffiti someplace, you see them.
Speaker 3: We joined the mob.
Speaker 4: We tried to deliver drugs.
Speaker 3: You know, we'd figure something out totally.
Speaker 2: You'd howl like a dog and the moon.
Speaker 5: That's great. Our last question here. First, we should thank everyone as always for something. Thank you emails and voice memos we got again, so many and it was a very short window we allowed people to send it in, so we appreciate it and we'll do these again as things come up. But here's Catherine, very timely for where we are in the episode, she has a question for Will.
Speaker 9: Hi, this is Kathy calling from the motherland of Philadelphia, and I had a question for Will. Could you please settle a marital dispute for me? My husband and I have been debating whether you brainstorm the way you're gonna say merch while you're watching the episode for the week, or do you make them up on the fly while you're on the pod. Thank you so much, and thank you to all three of you for producing my favorite podcasts.
Speaker 1: Love you good question. I want the answer to this too, but I think I already know the answer.
Speaker 4: I make it. What Yeah, you make it?
Speaker 8: I make it?
Speaker 6: And sometimes what's funny is literally until Danielle says and we've got I'm like, oh, I don't have an I.
Speaker 3: Can see it. He like looks off to the side. He was like, OK, can we do a super cut of that moment and can kind of go back through old episodes and we could see a super good of just when she says and ned you could watch will go.
Speaker 2: I want a supercut of that.
Speaker 1: And before this show concludes, before Pod meets World, says good night and goes off into the sunset.
Speaker 2: It'll come back with a new Dawn.
Speaker 1: But but when we're done recapping the episodes, I want every merch call as its own episode, all of them.
Speaker 2: Of just all of them, everyone one hundred and fifty. It'd be one hundred and fifty. Oh no, well you double.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The interviews, I want every.
Speaker 5: One hours of hearing the merch.
Speaker 2: That's what I want.
Speaker 3: Oh god, yeah, We'll just started out as you just saying merch the same way every time, right.
Speaker 2: That's wheah.
Speaker 4: That's because that's what I want to hear. Because Dan, you said, and we have March, it is March, and then you.
Speaker 3: Did something, you were doing it the same every week, and I was like, you can't stop it.
Speaker 12: And then.
Speaker 1: I want to hear the evolutions, Guys, I want to hear it. I want to hear the evolution born.
Speaker 5: A couple more bonus episodes. We will have the Chicken Soup for the Soul, we'll have the Saturday Morning preview, and we'll do grinders inline.
Speaker 14: Correct.
Speaker 3: Love it.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys again for sending in your questions. You never fail to deliver always.
Speaker 4: Yeah awesome.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you all for joining us for this episode of Pod Meets World.
Speaker 1: As always, you can find us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod Meets World Show at gmail dot com. And we've got March.
Speaker 4: Unquay questions March.
Speaker 2: Podmeetsworldshow dot com writer send us out.
Speaker 3: We love you all, pod dismissed. Podmeats World is an iHeart podcast producer hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfridell and Ryder Strong executive producers, Jensen Carp and Amy Sugarman Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tarasubasch producer, Maddi Moore, engineer and boy Mets World Superman Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on Instagram at Podmets World Show or email us at Podmeats World Show at gmail dot com