Speaker 1: Height our two Sean Hannity Show toll free. Here is our number. It's eight hundred and nine point one, Shawn, if you want to be a part of the program. So, the issue of Canada being the fifty first state Panama, whether or not they are allowing Chinese control over the Panama Canal without which, without the help of the United States would not exist, certainly one of the worst deals ever made by an American president and ratified by the US Senate, I think in history has taken center stage and Donald Trump Junior arriving in Greenland saying well, it's time to make Greenland great again. And this is what he said, pins in.
Speaker 2: You love and I can go up there with his two very talented friends.
Speaker 1: And the other the other gred blood of other people.
Speaker 2: So I just want to say that we're very it's a very special place. It's need security for itself, but it also needs security very much for the world.
Speaker 3: The location really you see the people that the ships sailing around.
Speaker 1: And then not the right chans and then not the ships you want to know about. So we need security in the car country.
Speaker 2: Deson and all the world desent.
Speaker 1: So strategically, look, thank you everybody. Yeah, we're learning a lot. It's been great, actually, incredibly beautiful place. The people are incredible, the.
Speaker 4: Welcome was uh spectacular.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's pretty amazing.
Speaker 4: Well last break.
Speaker 2: Were you got a good time everybody, and we're going to treat you well and you know that and just take care of yourself.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Oliver.
Speaker 1: You anyway, So that was the trip, Don Junior Maid and President Trump calling into it. It seems to have some people just it's a little shock and awe, which we told you was going to happen. A lot of people didn't listen to us, Like a lot of people didn't listen to the lead up of the election. I've made the argument that I think that legacy media is dead. Those people ABC, NBC, CBS, MSDNC, Fake New, CNN, The Washington Post, New York Times, LA Times, they're all dead because they spent nine long years and they had one mission, one fixation, one focus, and that was to hate all things Donald Trump and to basically be an extension of all things liberal, radical democrat. Their press office, and they didn't tell people the truth. They didn't tell people the truth about what was happening at our borders. They didn't tell people the truth about the economy. They didn't tell people the truth about why you were paying a buck buck fifty more per gallon per gasoline. They just moving forward with their woke agenda. They were not exactly transparent when it came to Joe's cognitive decline. They weren't transparent about the war in Ukraine. And they're sending billions and billions of dollars rather than de escalating that situation, or the lack of support for Israel for that matter, and they paid a very dear price. You know, people ask me all the time, what about the future of media. I was on the ground floor of a transformation, which was talk radio and then the Fox News Channel, which continues to do well thanks to all of you. And I think now with social media and the developments with meta in particular today, I think they're very relevant. The President addressed that in his press conference, as I mentioned earlier, and social media in general, podcasting in general. It's a new world out there, and I think those people that will survive and thrive are going to be people that tell the truth. Such person that was bucking that trend throughout the entire twenty twenty four election cycle and saying things that his former colleagues, former friends at Big Networks didn't particularly like. Is Mark Cowpert. And he's the editor in chief of this new interactive video platform. It's called two Way, and it's growing by leaps and bounds. And it's great to have you back.
Speaker 3: How are you, Sean, Thank you for the kind words, Happy new year. Great to be back with you.
Speaker 1: One thing that we did, the two of us individually, and then we compared notes on every single day. And this is what I never understood about the media in this election is we were getting early voting numbers and there were nowhere near the numbers that Democrats had had in twenty twenty. For example, on election Day, I went on I went on with with Dana Perino and Bill Hemmer at nine o'clock in the morning that morning, and I said, starting out today, Kamala Harris has a math problem. He's down set one hundred thousand votes from where Joe Biden was in twenty twenty. She need a massive turnout, a historic turnout in Philly Alleghany County for her to catch up. He's down forty five percent in Wisconsin and she would need a massive turnout in cities like Milwaukee for her to make up background, it would have to be a historic turnout. All day long, I was calling my friends and sources and all these locations and finding out they were not getting historic turnout. And we saw it coming. And I remember even writing you once or texting you and saying, am I missing something here? And you told me I was not.
Speaker 3: Now I mean election day. You're right, it was emphatic. But even two weeks out when early voting started, I said, about three days into the sort of the first trons of early voting, I said, if things stay like this, we won't need election night. Well know, on the morning of, And as you say, our colleagues, for some reason, just decided to ignore the data. This isn't about rooting for Trump or having a gut feeling about Mega. It was just the mass, and for some reason they wanted to buy the Democratic spin that well, the late deciders were going to go decisively for Harris. No evidence of that either during the campaign or on election day, or you know, these are not votes that matter because they're just Republicans voting early who would have voted on election day. I found it all very confusing. Because again it was just straight reporting and it wasn't hard to find. You could even find Democrats who said, we're super worried because what makes everybody think we're going to have a superhuman turnout on election day?
Speaker 1: Well they would have, they would have. That would need to be historic. And the interesting thing, if you want to say it's interesting, is the madness continues even to this day. I mean, yesterday was January sixth, and if you turn on a lot of legacy media, all they wanted to do, like on ABC and that hard hitting news show, the view, they're comparing January sixth to the cost, and they're doing it on you know, pretty much every single channel. And they seem to have doubled down on stupid and they learned nothing from this campaign. And I assumed that the American people will continue to distrust them because they've given them no reason to trust them.
Speaker 3: Well, the ongoing story that I find the most just sort of incredible from the press point of view is the Biden mental acuity issue. You read piece after piece about Joe Biden's final days, Joe Biden's legacy, Joe Biden's you know, maneuvering to make certain decisions in the final Fortnite, and the articles don't mention his cognitive decline or the fact that he was unable to he was forced to give up the nomination because he had no chance to win. And I said, since election day, if the press doesn't come clean on not just the failure to cover it, but its role in the conspiracy to cover it up, how could they possibly expect to have credibility going forward? And yet that continues, it continues, It's barely mentioned, and when it is mentioned, it's mentioned as a political issue, as opposed to the national security issue and the credibility issue of a White House, which to this day says Joe Biden has no cognitive decline. Joe Biden is perfectly capable of doing the job. Joe Biden didn't give up the nomination because he had a cognitive decline. He gave it up for unspecified their reasons about the good of the country.
Speaker 1: It was before the twenty twenty election, correct me if I'm wrong. Wasn't it before then when Joe said, we hold these truth to be self evident, that all men and women, his words, not mine, were created by all you know, Oh, the thing, the thing you know God, Joe the creator of everything, endowed by their creator Joe the Creator of everything. But I was they ignored moments like that, and when I criticized them, and I'm I'm a conservative. I don't even know where you stand politically. To be honest with you, I've never asked you. But I mean, I was excoriated for pointing out something's wrong here.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just an old fashioned reporter. I'm for the public interest. Look, you're right, there were things leading up to twenty twenty. He couldn't have won with that COVID. COVID allowed him to hide. But in twenty seventeen, I've told this story before. In twenty seventeen, I saw him to a book tour event, and this is after he left the office as vice president, well before he announced he was running. And I said, after the book event to my wife, I'm so glad he's out of public life. I'm so glad he'll never be asked to do anything again that involves speaking in public, because he was exactly the way he is now. He'd lost his train of thought. It was a book event, he was being questioned by a very friendly interviewer, and he could barely get through it. He was glassy eyed, he was lethargic, as I said, lost train of thought. This was three years before he ran the first time. So the notion that this is some sort of secret, you know, you read these stories now. And Wall Street Journal wrote the story that got a lot of attention that say, behind the scenes, people say, you know this was happening to seventy. You don't need behind the scenes. It was all happening in public. And yet again, not only did the media not write about it, they covered it up, and then they still having something clean about their role in the cover up.
Speaker 1: It's so true. Did you see Meet the Press this weekend and Chuck Schumer's questioning on this very topic, he got very defensive when asked about whether he knew that Joe was incognitive decline. The answer is we know for a fact they all did, and that they all covered it up. They all lied about it. New York Post has a piece today, Well, what about the people that covered this up? Don't they have didn't they have an obligation of the country to tell us. New York Post had an editorial today, Stop lying, Chuck.
Speaker 3: It was unfortunate. You know, he's a skillful guy, and he finessed his way through. I give credit to the interviewer for asking, but she let him get away with giving an answer that makes no sense. You know, George Clooney, to his credit, belatedly acknowledged what he saw at a fundraiser late in the campaign that led him to call join them.
Speaker 1: Well, was it really to his credit or do you suspect as I do that I got a call from his friend and I know their friends, Barack Obama, and was asked to do this as part of this coalition that was created to basically kick Joe out of Obama Pelosi and Schumer.
Speaker 3: Was it was part of that effort. But but you know, I like to give credit for effort, and he spoke out before others were still unwilling to speak out.
Speaker 1: You know what it was weeks after he had praised Joe Biden. I don't give him as much credit as you do. He had been with Joe Biden that some fundraiser praising. Yeah, now, so I think it was the expediency part of a plan. They didn't think he could win, and it was all about winning at that point.
Speaker 3: I agree, and I was going to make that point which is those who did it did it not because they suddenly said, you know what, the country deserves a president who can do the job. It was because they thought not only that he would lose. And this is a particular concern to Speaker Pelosi that it would drag other Democrats down. But they're politicians, right, and Biden's politician. They're going to act out of self interest. It's the press whose obligation is not to hurt Donald Trump and prop up Joe Biden. Their obligation is to sakeguard the public interest and to tell the truth to the American people. It's the press whose behavior, to me is more outrageous and more requiring of explanation than the politicians. The politician said, this guy's got impairment, but we don't want Trump to win, and if he steps aside, it will probably be here and she can't win, So we're going to prop him up. Irresponsible, but again political behavior.
Speaker 1: All right, quick freak. We'll come back more with Mark Calpern on the other side. Your calls coming up. Eight hundred and nine to four one, Shawn our number if you want to be a part of the program. As we roll along this busy News Tuesday, and we continue now with our friend Mark Halpert is with us. In two thousand and seven, I declared journalism is dead, and now I officially have declared legacy media is dead. How do your former colleagues at these major networks treat you? I'm just curious.
Speaker 3: I mean the one where my friends treat me fine. I don't have tons of interaction with just kind of the rank and file, but they a lot of them watch two Way and they like to Way because they recognize that that it's not it's the ideology is part of it, but it's also just quality. It's it's authenticity, it's journal You were telling.
Speaker 1: Truth that they were not willing to step forward and tell themselves on that stuff.
Speaker 3: They ignore it because very few of them are willing to even confront it. They pretend it doesn't exist. They pretend there's not liberal media buys. It's bizarre. I've doubted in my whole career. I worked with a few people like Peter Jennings who acknowledge it existed. You know, Michael Jordan used to say he didn't endorse Democrats because Republicans buy sneakers too. I don't understand the place that's in the business of selling news that says, you know what, We're not interested in selling it to half the country. We're gonna We're gonna cut our market share in half. I don't get that.
Speaker 1: You know, more liberals watch that watch cable news, watch Fox News than any other cable channel.
Speaker 3: The Fox numbers are so big. More of everything watches Fox News.
Speaker 1: Well no, but I mean it's it is interesting and oh I know, uh, but they do allow conservative voices like mine. But I'm also a truth seeker and I tell truth and sometimes I have to tell truth that I don't even want to tell about, uh, Conservatives and Republicans. But I just you know, I owe it to my audience to always be truthful. But anyway, Mark Alprin, Happy new year, my friend, God bless you and keep up the good work. We're going to pay very close attention to your work throughout the year.
Speaker 3: Thank you, sir. Good to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Take care all right, it's getting very interesting what is happening with Canada and Little Justin now being out? There was an interesting National Review Canada's Financial Post article on how Canada and their economy has gone to hell under Little Justin Trudeau not a fan of his. It looks like Canada is on track to move dramatically to the center. Donald Trump addressed it today. I thought it was very very interesting that he would literally be very interested in in joining forces with Canada. And anyway, here's what the President said earlier today and what he said about justin. Trudeau said, you're considering military force to acquire anima in Greenland? Are you also considering military force to.
Speaker 2: Annex acquire no economic force? Because Canada and the United States, that would really be something. You get rid of that artificially drawn line and you take a look at what that looks like, and it would also be much better for national security. You don't forget. We basically protect Canada. But here's the problem with Canada. So many friends up there. I love the Canadian people, They're great. We're spending hundreds of billions a year to take care of Canada. We lose in trade deficits, we're losing mass. We don't need their cars. You know, they make twenty percent of our cars. We don't need that. I'd rather make them in Detroit. We don't need anything, So why are we losing two hundred billion dollars a year and more to protect Canada. And I said that too, as I called them Governor Trudeau, I said, listen, what would happen if we didn't subsidize you, if we didn't because we give them a lot of money.
Speaker 4: We help them.
Speaker 2: As an example, we're buying icebreakers, and Canada wants to join us in the buying of icebreakers.
Speaker 4: I said, you know, we.
Speaker 2: Don't really want to have a partner in the buying of icebreakers. We don't need a partner.
Speaker 1: It's over fifty three billion more dollars in goods and services that come into Canada each year then we export to Canada. That's how big the trade deficit is. On top of that, you can really make the argument that but for the United States and its military might, Canada would not be doing as well. The US provides millions of dollars in foreign assistance to Canada every year, and we now have seen in just the last number of years, for example, on the issue of the border, the border patrol chief at the Northern Border has said they've apprehended nearly twenty thousand illegals from ninety seven countries in fiscal year twenty twenty four. That is higher than the prior seventeen years combined, which is unheard of. They're not doing their part in terms of controlling the border. On the local front. If you go before the pandemic, the Canada's national income per head, which was the equivalent to about eighty percent of America's in the decade before the pandemic, is will be just seventy percent this year, according to the economists, and it further goes on to say the gap between the Canadian and American economies has now reached its widest point in nearly a century. The US continues to be on track to produce nearly fifty percent more per person than Canada will, and the Financial Post goes on to say nearly three million people living in Canada have some type of temporary immigration status, with two point two million arriving in just the past two years, and temporary residents now represent a wopping six point eight percent of the country's total population of forty one point three million, up you know, from three point five percent in twenty twenty two. They do nothing to control their borders and they have a problem there anyway. Joining us now is John Baird. He's the former Canadian Foreign Minister John Welcome to the program. Glad you're on board.
Speaker 4: Great to be with you. Sean.
Speaker 1: First of all, we love our friends to the north. We love Canada like you. I have a shared passion for a hockey Every Canadian that I know does, I assume you do. I hope I'm right in my assumption. But on so many levels, I would argue that the problems that Canada is facing our self induced based on the policies that Justin Trudeau espoused in the country. Am I wrong?
Speaker 4: Well, Canada is not a broken country, but we've got a broken government. Everything. Everything is going wrong here, whether it's incompetent, macroeconomic policies, high taxes, big get woke and put the correct leadership, cost of living going out of control. That's why we in Canada need a change into the government. And it all started to accelerate on Monday when True threw in the towel. He did not retire because he wanted to. He retired because of the Conservative Party here and we have a five party system, Sean at five party system with first past the post, the Conservative parties leading by ten or twenty five percent and just about every public opinion poll in the last eighteen months. So the change will be coming to Canada. We can rebuild the rebuild the economy and make it give it the government that it deserves.
Speaker 1: What do you think about and do you understand President Trump's position about the trade deficit which is massive, the problem at our northern border, which you're also experiencing internally in Canada, and your military reliance on the US.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me say the number of things. One is, obviously the United States is our closest friend. We think that we consider each other almost like family. We can step up and do a better job. Let's look at those trade I mean, the trades surplus is almost entirely oil and gas, which goes to US refineries, which creates literally tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands of jobs. Not a good thing for the United States is it gives the United States power with respect to energy and oil and gas. But on defense, we've done our share of the heavy lifting. You know, during the war in Afghanistan, we suffered more casualties and just about any other country out of the United States and the United Kingdom because we were doing our share of the heavy lifting. In Canada, Heart Province the toughest area within the United States, within the Afghanistan. When the President Obama was targeting ISIS, Canada was one of the only countries that was in the United Kingdom to bomb IIS targets in both Syria and Iraq. But we can do better. We can step up our game and be a better partner on security and defense. And that includes obviously doing our part to raise our defense spending. And that's where the United States can help us. You know, obviously the US is like Canada, has a lot of has a lot of military procurement economy, and there's a lot we can get. You know, when I was in government, we got the and I was a conservative. By the way, just so your viewers that your listeners know, we bought C seventeen heavy lift aircraft and made in the United States. We brought Chinock calicopters made the United States. And there's a lot of help that the United States can provide us when we valley up to the bar and start to pay our fair share on defense spending. There's no argument in this country but that.
Speaker 1: What do you think about the idea? I mean, the President made a good point in his press conference today. I thought he made a good point. I mean, the idea that maybe we should think about joining forces. I mean, if you just look at the apps, just the pure land mass alone, how amazing that would be. I mean, that's he's obviously you know, it's an offer, it's an opportunity, it's a thought. Would that be something that the Canadian people would ever consider?
Speaker 4: No, I don't think joining the US is on the table. It's a non starter. Let's be a clear on that. But we are a family. We can we have a fairly integrated economy. If we have the open markets, free markets between the two countries, we can both economically boom. We can't step up on defense. One of the things too, The things that the President has been very clear on since the election are the need to step up illegal border crossings from Canada United States. Obviously it's minuschool compared to Mexico, but we're a good neighbor and we should be there to ensure that we stop. And there's a lot of Canadians going through illegally Mexicans and even from India, and we can step up our border enforcement to ensure that that we do job. Nothing would make me happen in the United States to look at canadon and say, why can't Mexico be more like Canada in terms of protecting the border. And the President's made a very compelling case on Sentinel where security services need to step up their effort to stop the flow of sentanel from Canada into the United States. Frankly, I think President Trump is the one who made most Canadians aware that that was a problem and this is something we should do as as as a good neighbor to protect the United States. The numbers I have are actually even worse than.
Speaker 1: The number you gave Vishan Well, the numbers in terms of illegal immigration. I'm giving you the updated numbers that I have, and I'm not surprised that they would be worse, nor are we aware because we don't have as much border patrol uh as much of border patrol presence in the north as we do down in the south. Why, for example, and the President brought this up at his press conference today, why is Canada charging these tariffs for American automobiles to go into Canada. I would think that that's something we should have free and fair trade and it should go both ways. Why why does Canada put those tariffs on US car manufacturers.
Speaker 4: I'm gonnaware of a single tariff on the US cars. Uh, you know. I think the some parts of a car made in can the United States can go back and forth as many as six times in the production assembly of an automobile. I'm not aware of any tariff that we have on the US auto sector.
Speaker 3: Set.
Speaker 4: We manufacture a lot of cars in Canvas sell the United States, manufactur a lot of cards United States to sell in Canada, and let's have no tariff and that it'd be completely open with the free market, that the free market operates.
Speaker 1: All right, quick break, We'll come right back more with former Canadian Foreign Minister John baird Is with US as President Trump mentioning Canada at length, maybe being the fifty first state. More on the other side, your calls also coming up eight hundred and ninety four one. Shawn is on number. As we continue broadcasting on great radio stations all over the USA, hits the Sean Hannity Show. Are we continue now with former Canadian Foreign Minister John baird Is with US while Trudeau was weak and even prior to Donald Trump's victory. Do you believe Donald Trump's victory played a role in him being finally pushed.
Speaker 4: I think that it's funny his team are all, you know, his team was beginning to to to pre massively move on pushing him out of power. And I think there's only one reason on that is that he was He's been trailing in the polls for eighteen months and instead of the Rats leaving a leaving a sinking ship, they threw the captain overboard. And I think that's probably what one had to do with It's just it's this government for the last nine years, Canada's GDP per capita has not grown in nine years. We we used to have a consensus on competent macroeconomic policy, but this government has been a high tax, high spend government and you know, not tough on crime and uh and very woke in political corrupt and I think Todadi it's had enough of it. That's why I'm so excited about the next election. Trudo resigning. We should go to the We should go to the polls in May and Canada, and I'm pretty confident we're going to see a return of a conservative government who will be a better partner for the United States and Frank Elephant, we have.
Speaker 1: A lot of calls from Canada for this radio show. It's actually, you know, surprises me how many people from Canada actually listen to the show. And I'm glad that they do. And one interesting side note, many Americans have how did the single payer system healthcare system that you have in Canada as an example of what America should adopt. But meanwhile, I can give you example after example of wealthy and politically connected individuals that need you know, major health care services that end up spending their own money and crossing the border and coming to the US and some of the finest hospitals in the US to get their treatment. What does that tell you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a dirty little secret that we have a single pair of system in Canada. Healthcare system in Canada that you know, has its drawbacks, it has its successes as well. If you're really sick, you get the treatment you need. But people, I say, the biggest private healthcare operator in Canada probably Air Canada because the view of the economic means you can justly Detroit or Chicago or Florida, the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota and get better care. So's there's advantages definitely to the saying system, but there is obviously rationing which is a concern.
Speaker 1: So your next Prime Minister, how confident are you that the government will move to the right and what will that mean practically for the people of Canada.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's a writer left continuum. I think what it is is a elite, woke based effort by Trudeau to a more common sense, competence policy with Septier Poli of the Conservative leader. I've known this guy for twenty five years. He's smart as hell, he's tough as nails, He's got experience in government, experience in parliament. I think he could become the he could become a consequential He will become a consequential leader for Canada. And I think one of the things he can do is rebuild our foreign relations with our friends and our foes and our allies alike. I look back at the days when Brian o'vererney was the Prime Ministry. He had such a great partnership with President Reagan and President Bush. Stephen Harper worked very well with Bush and Obama. I think I think Stephen Harp, I think Per Pauly have the Conservative leader. What is elected Prime Minister will be a great Now here's a great partner for the United States.
Speaker 1: We do appreciate you being with us, John, We wish you the best. We love our friends in Canada. God bless you, and God bless Canada as well. And hopefully we can repair whatever differences we may have and move on as the friends and allies we should be. We appreciate it, we work together. Amen. We need it desperately.