Speaker 1: The John Annik and Kenny Florian Podcast. John Annik and Kenny Florian.
Speaker 2: I fucking love him.
Speaker 3: I can't get enough of him.
Speaker 2: Job. There are a couple of absolutely self involved.
Speaker 1: You are your hosts, John Annik and Kenny Florian's.
Speaker 4: And just like that we are live. Great to be with you. Monday, August third, twenty twenty six, Episode six hundred and six of the Anak and Floran Podcast powered by All the Smoke Fight. Thank you for subscribing to the Annik and Florian podcast YouTube channel. The best way to help this show, which has been free in your lives for eleven years, is to subscribe to the Anak and florent Podcast YouTube channel. So we appreciate that it's going to be back in the United States. America can flow and those who are watching this is my new Serbia mug.
Speaker 5: You got a Serbia mug?
Speaker 6: Did you get at the airport or did you get it somewhere like in your travels?
Speaker 4: I got no, I got it at the airport.
Speaker 5: You know, okay? All right?
Speaker 4: I mean you know I don't have any great travel stories. We ate at one outstanding restaurant and the fans were outstanding. Got a little photo shoot in the restaurant in Yeah, after we ate, but uh yeah, it was a great trip, a great crowd. We will get into the entire fight card and all of that. I sort of feel like the Boston Red Sox should be the lead story today though, if I'm being honest, I mean, are you paying attention to what this team is doing?
Speaker 5: They're crushing it right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, as as radios go off all around the mixed martial arts community, I'm gonna put my Red Sox hat on for us. Let's go.
Speaker 5: Blacked out, black doub.
Speaker 4: I wait to talk about the Serbian fans and Udo Schmititch and the record setting night. But the Red Sox have won twenty eight of thirty three. It's the best thirty three grame stretch in UFC history, UFC history in Red Sox fourteen of sixteen going into the All Star Break, including their last nine out of the break, tacked on six more in a row to tie the franchise record fifteen straight wins. Now they've ripped off five straight after sweeping the Dodgers fourteen and three. Since the All Star Break, twenty eight and five span in their last thirty three, So we're gonna wear the red Sox hat today anyway, that is not in my wheel house, like mixed martial arts is. But before we get into the fight, Car Kenny, So I flew Air Serbia so as to fly direct from to Belgrade, and it was a little bit of a time war, right, And I hope this doesn't you smoke on the plane, so you can smoke in restaurants. You could definitely smoke in restaurant. I actually have a photo that show the audience. But yeah, you could smoke in restaurants. This was a beautiful woman smoking a cigarette in a restaurant.
Speaker 7: Amazing.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I will say though, I was more you know, I was more cigarette emoji than trash can emoji when she was smoking the cigarette. I was sort of wanting to bum one and smoke one so as to offend the people at my table. They also don't smell as strong. They're thinner. I didn't really smell it. I did get a bloody nose later, but I don't think it was because.
Speaker 6: But what were like, what did this plane look like? Was it from the fifties sixties.
Speaker 4: To talk about here, I don't know what decade this Air Serbia plane was from but I asked for a coke zero, and not only did it come without ice, but it was warm as coffee. And so yeah, when you ask for ice, they give you like a cube. So that's sort of an interesting Serbian tradition. And then there was no ice at the arena, which is fine, you know, but I have certain lubrication methods for my vocals on fight night, right tea coffee and ideally coke on the rocks is a nice little mix in, you know, if you need a little fucking pick me up. You know, we were going coke out of the cam, which doesn't necessarily work.
Speaker 5: Warm soda might might be the cure for that, who knows so.
Speaker 4: And then like the salt and pepper, like ceramic salt and pepper, it just sort of like feels like there could be a more efficient way, and doing that it was wild, but that's great. Oh so much love for mixed martial arts in this country. And Alexander Rockets spent a lot of time with the Serbian Federation of Mixed Martial Arts, and you see some of the developing talent and we're going to get into all of that, but clearly this is initiative and all of these places. You know, if you read between the lines, you can understand what an appetite there is for these UFC live events. Every time the UFC, I'm not gonna say we every time the UFC goes somewhere, they set a gate record, whether it's in the United States or outside of these countries. Right, So the appetite for this stuff is such that, you know, these countries invest and pay and try to get it there, and then there's an economic boom for them when the UFC comes there. Tremendous experience all around, certainly one of the best live crowds I've experienced in terms of just straight volume. When I took off the cans, it was absolutely absurd. So, uh, let us dive into all of that. Kemflo looks great, Krispy Camera on a Monday. Let's get to head us.
Speaker 1: Headlines. It's time for headlines.
Speaker 2: I have some very urgent and important breaking new.
Speaker 1: Headlines and Kenny Sumians concast.
Speaker 4: Boston Red Sox twenty eight and five spanning their last thirty three fire alex Core I think when they're ten and seventeen unacceptable elevate Chad Tracy, interim manager. Let's fucking go La strong though on the shirt all right. UFC Fight Night Udos versus d rod so Ken Flow twelve finishes ten in round one. UFC Modern era records commentators dream, what'd you make of the fight card?
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 6: A lot of great finishes, definitely guys going forward. The crowd seemed to be very hyped up, And yeah, I enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: I mean, I love these. You know, I had to catch up.
Speaker 6: I didn't watch it live, so I had to go and catch up, and it was easy to do it.
Speaker 5: Because of all these great finishes.
Speaker 7: Man. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. It was early on in the daytime, obviously in the United States of America, and I don't get to do a lot of these European shows. I've done shows certainly across England, but never in Liverpool, never in Paris, France. And I did do an Instagram live and I don't know sometimes if I'm repeating myself to certain segments of our audience, but Paris, France is ubiquitously regarded by our staff as the loudest, sort of most festive UFC crowd that they have experienced. I have not experienced that. This was certainly top five for me. Kenny, you and I experienced some crazy Brazilian crowds and those were the days and we didn't even know it, right, Like, those were the fucking days and we didn't even know it. But I'm so grateful to have had this experience in Serbia. And you know, the flares coming out. I'm always rooting for chaos, so I had wished the flares had come out earlier, I guess in the night. But it was a scene. It was an experience only elevated by the athletes and the fighters as usual. And yeah, first round finishes and twelve finishes overall, including Udo Schmitits thirty seconds into round one against Daniel Rodriguez, and I guess we will start there. Man. You know, this kid left Serbia ten years ago, didn't go back a singular time because he's been invested in this mixed martial arts career. And he goes back there, his faces on all the buildings and billboards, and he wins the main event in thirty seconds.
Speaker 6: I watched your Instagram live and it was phenomenal. Oh did you hear me talk about my favorite fighter of all time?
Speaker 5: I did? I did.
Speaker 4: I'll stop comparing you to who's some are polars. That would be the last time.
Speaker 5: That'd be the last time you're the man.
Speaker 6: No, it was great, and you know, to put it into that context, you know that's that is a special thing. And you could just see how much it meant to him as he took it in at the top of that cage, after that absolutely scintillating knockout that he had over Daniel Rodriguez. And you know, those are the kind of moments that you will remember forever, no matter what happens to Metich moving forward. That is a memory that will stay forever and for his family as well.
Speaker 5: And what a win.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 6: This guy is so damn explosive and he has a natural intuition of a true killer inside the cage.
Speaker 4: So I did a seven minute segment or so on the pre show. We were an analyst short because of Anthony Smith, whom we will get to time permitting. I really have so much love for him as a as a human being. But you know, they asked me sort of my keys to victory for Udosh Meititch and Daniel Rodriguez. Now I am not an analyst, right, but I thought for Udo Schmititic, he had to be able to turn his words into action in terms of having tunnel vision, right, Imagine how overwhelming it must have been to go back to your home nation for the first time in ten years and you are headlining the UFC fight night. He didn't even know if mixed martial arts was going to be the combat sports path he took when he moved to the US to Alaska ten years ago. So to go back, I would imagine a lot of athletes might have succumbed to that moment, even five percent. And so after the fight with Michael Bisping, all he wanted to do was cry, and that would have been appropriate because he bottled up all that emotion and it didn't even necessarily use it as fuel. Right. He's just that good and that prepared as an MMA athlete in twenty twenty six. But I just wondered for him when I was asked for a key to victory? Can he not get overwhelmed by this walk in this moment? Right? And he did not at all. He's got ice water in his veins, and I'm curious to see how far he can take it.
Speaker 6: He looked ultra focused when he walked into that cage. He looked intense, and it's very easy to mismanage those emotions when you're in that kind of environment, right, And you know, I think that bringing that intensity without dialing it up too much, you know, staying focused, not worrying about what the fans are doing, you know, like all those things are very difficult for professional athletes to deal with, especially when it's just you out there, you're not hiding amongst the team.
Speaker 5: And boy did he deliver.
Speaker 6: And you know, we know how dangerous d Rod is and the fact that he's able to execute in that manner with a classic euros Minich early finish, that's pretty impressive.
Speaker 4: Man, this is really someone around whom you can build I think Kenny, I don't know what his following is and what the internal numbers in the USC say about his following, but man, he maximizes the mic time too, right. I mean I could harken back to quotes right as I did on the broadcast. Who's saying, you know, division's got a problem or we got a problem, folks? It's me, you know, and increasingly he's a real problem. I don't know how he compares to say Carlos protests in terms of straight power and the ability to sort of know what your best weapons are and put them to good use in the octagon. But hey, Udos the doctor, medic sure as fuck wants to find out because that's the guy he calls out right, what else can you say? Nobody's calling Carlos protests out No, and it's it's time. Now, it's time for medics to go out and start going against the elite guys because he clearly has a certain something. Uh definitely has a knack for finishing it, has a knack for finding your chin and then repeatedly hitting it.
Speaker 5: After you're hurt.
Speaker 6: Like that sequence of moves of techniques that he was striking d Rod with was just amazing.
Speaker 5: I mean, the accuracy was awesome.
Speaker 6: You could see how intuitive it is for him to throw not just one or two, but like three, four, five, and as de Rod is falling to the ground like he's kicking him like a soccer ball like it was.
Speaker 5: It was. It was really impressive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, joking during the week, Meticch hadn't been back here in ten years. I'm like, this dude's American. I mean, let's be honest right now, it is America. No, but he really it's fascinating to sort of see every fighter's story. But good for Udo Schmititch, and I don't know what they're gonna do with this welterweight division. You know, the timing is really great for him. You have Islami Kashev defending the title against Ian Maschado Gary in twelve days. Michael Morales reportedly the backup. I haven't seen the corner sheet, but I'd imagine that is accurate. So you know, I don't know, man, excuse me. Cody's telling me Carlos protests. He had two million followers on just ig for protests, one hundred and eleven thousand for Udo Schmititch. That's, you know, one metric. I think this is going to really propel meticch and Carlos protest is the the fight taking type, so maybe there's something there. You've got Joaquin Buckley and Mike Malotte as a main event. Come out up, Kenny, oh Yar Slavamasov at number fifteen in the world. I mean, I get intimidated just watching that guy eat. I believe he was there and he was breaking bread, and I certainly was not gonna interrupt him. Kenny, what's your appetite for metics versus protests and not necessarily asking for a lean. But how how competitive is Medics in that fight because he would be the underdone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he certainly would that. I want to see him against the elite. I put Protest like top three, top four for sure. I don't know if Mediic wants to climb the ladder that quickly. I think that is a huge challenge, no question about it. Is he a guy that could surprise us all and maybe get a knock up?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I do think he's that explosive, He's that fast, he's big for the division, and just the fact that he's calling out something like Protest I think shows where his confidence and where he thinks his skill level is at. So yeah, I think would be extremely entertaining. I don't see that one going the distance either. I think someone would get finished or it would be an absolute classic, you know, if it did go the distance, just because both those guys have crazy offensive arsenals.
Speaker 5: But if I'm managing.
Speaker 6: Someone like Medic, I'm saying, ah, yes, I like the confidence, but let's slow down a little bit. Let's take someone in and around maybe twelve to ten like that bat range as far as the rankings go.
Speaker 4: Cody. Not sure why that says islamikashev won for Meta UFC. I was of the belief that Carlos Protest is the number one contender, So maybe you guys could chase that for me, because if Protest is the number one contender, I'm not sure Medicic is going to get that fight.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Again, you do need to stay relatively active if you are Protests. Maybe they have Michael Morales plans for him. I don't know, but congrats to medic and he came into the octagon Kenny average fight time three minutes, fifty nine SECONDSZ and it went down. It went down. All right, We're gonna uh, we'll go three wide and continue the conversation. Let's uh, let's is it rated rated rated RJ rated.
Speaker 3: Let's go discuss this is rated R with r J Clifford. The fighting, that's that's the fun part. It's like Hansel from Zulander, which is so fucking hot right now, dude, Like, well think about it, like I don't know who he is.
Speaker 8: I just know he's arrested.
Speaker 3: I you know, googled him.
Speaker 5: Only on the Annik and Florian podcast.
Speaker 4: And thanks to the great Charlie Arnold for the intro and it is rated R with all. I got it wrong. I got it wrong either way.
Speaker 2: R J.
Speaker 4: Clifford back in the United States of America. I wonder if he has a Serbia mug. I don't know if you bought a Serbia mug.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 4: Welcome home, buddy, welcome home.
Speaker 9: Glad to be back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean shit, man, I did not put Serbia on my list of like places I thought would be fantastic. I didn't think any place could replace London or Paris as like a European hotspot. But Serbia, man's where the kids smoke London arts, the women love fighting and the men wear purses, but fuck dude, they love their ass kicking and that environment was sick. We got the flares, annik, We got the flares we were making.
Speaker 4: I thought there were gonna be more, and uh they were not omnipresent. But yeah, finally, I was waiting all night for those.
Speaker 3: You felt you just felt it so like I didn't know this, But the doors in the venue are this thick and steel, and some of them have an AK forty seven with like the circle and line through it, like they have bulletproof doors Kenny in that venue because the fans are so nuts that they need to like bomb proof shit, Like, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 9: That's where you hold it. Mixed martial arts.
Speaker 3: Contest, bulletproof, bulletproof doors Kenny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love it. I love it.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 6: So you've been all over the world, dude, going to these different fights. Well, what was your take on the crowd there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and how do you compare it to Paris? Because take Paris on the pedestal, So.
Speaker 3: A couple of things. The atmosphere was fantastic. The fans are awesome, and I think we all kind of like youtubed Serbian basketball crowds at home, and just the anarchy that's there. If there's just like a thick cloud of smoke over those basketball games from flares and cigarettes, it just gives them awesome, just like Kuma Tay type of environment. That was great.
Speaker 9: The fans had all these chants.
Speaker 3: I made the mistake of tweeting like hey, what do these chants mean and just turned into just a giant thread of international incidents and culture battles with other countries. So that was a mistake. But yeah, man, I think I think the compared to like Paris in London. Because the Serbians didn't do that great in the middle.
Speaker 8: Of the car.
Speaker 3: That kind of took a little bit of the wind out of the sales. It obviously, rush Meticic saved it the factor for me. I didn't know this, but because the fans are so bunkers in Belgrade at the arena day of events, they are not allowed to sell booze in the arena or within like a two mile radius.
Speaker 9: Just imagine that environment. If those Serbians.
Speaker 3: Had the correct blood alcohol level for an international sporting contest, like that's the only thing holding them back.
Speaker 4: It's like five hours on the front end they can't serve alcohol. And then I know there were some members of our crew that were worried that when we got back to the hotel bar because there's I think a two hour window after the show, maybe they can't serve. But that proved to be a falsehood. The gin was absolutely flowing at the fight, So Kenny, I just wanted to jump in here.
Speaker 1: R J.
Speaker 4: You sort of wrote something to the effective in an email to me that you know, maybe eight months in a Mexican prison isn't necessarily the most ideal foundation for an Mma main event.
Speaker 3: It sure makes for great like uh, pre production material, right, Like if you want like some hype to talk like that's you got a guy debut, you know, Iroschmtitch debuting against a dude who spend eight months and like call it fet better, rally, prison or I don't know, I don't know what you want to call it. But man, talk about not showing up. But I know Iroschmitich is just a great finisher and that fucking combo Canny left every left knee soccer kick to the body, knee on belly. He has that extra two feet of distance to just to just go kill shot, Like I don't you know, I don't know what de Rock could have done or prepare to make things go like that much better. But man, if you don't show up a hundred percent ready against Iroshmetitch, you are gonna be posterized quickly.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So it's bittersweet when I see those types of finishes because I always want to collect as much data as possible, like what does he look like in round three? What does he look like in round four or five? It goes a distance. If he gets hurt, how does he back? How far do you think Earl's Menitch can go in this division. Like he's smashing everybody really quickly, so that is clear he needs higher level competition, But what's the ceiling for this guy?
Speaker 3: What do you think Roshmenitch has less decisions than Carlos Protests, shorter average fight time than Michael Morales, and a cooler nickname than Gabriel Bonfiend. Like you've got these twenty something that's the biggest thing with Walter where he's got these twenty something year olds. Rosch Manach is thirty three. He got these kill or twenty something year olds coming up that are just starting to kind of knock on the door he's in that he's like kind of behind those guys despite being six years older. So that's the biggest thing to me. It's like there's all obviously the skill set and we've got to have all those questions, but welterweight is just ridiculous right now with guys different styles, age groups, whether the trajectory of their careers, it's like we're talking about what to do with them next, and it's like there's a lot of great names, but you know, Carlos Protests and urushminischh like that'd be that would be fantastic, But like.
Speaker 9: Does does he leap frog bond fiend? Does he leap frog Morale?
Speaker 3: Like, there's just you would have to leap frog guys that are ranked high of him to get those crazy awesome matchups.
Speaker 9: So I feel like he's kind of in the give me.
Speaker 10: Super cool fun matchup phase right now, just because there's like pure rankings wise, there's guys ahead of them, So if frogs those guys, that definitely shows how much the UFC feels eurochmanag has like plenty to deliver.
Speaker 4: Well and at the very least you can sell protests and medics in the main event. And the only reason I even bring it up is because the call out is there and you have to wonder inwardly how many people are actually burning up the phone lines asking to fight protests and if Carlos decides as the number one contender to take a main event, because this weight is going to be long, and mind you right that if Michael Morales is the backup in theory protests despite the number one next to his name, has a whole year now right potentially before title fight, so it might be the company going to and saying, hey, we'd love you at the main event. What of these fights do you think maybe is the most winnable or the most marketable or which fight do you want? And maybe he chooses Mena over Bond theme or Sean Brady whomever the fuck? So who knows on the d Rod front? Real quick? If I could you know, it's I don't know. I do think that Uh you can sort of in one breath laud this amazing performance clutch, quick, decisive, uh, instinctual, and then also be like, dude, if d Rod all week you're saying like you gotta be mindful of round one, then wouldn't you think you really got to be mindful of the first thirty seconds? Like what are we doing here?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Uh didn't show up man, And look he's gonna be forty this year, right right, Rather you know, you know, like we saw, you know, like Yamblohovich right as amazing as Aljamin now the host sterling looked in that one. It's like, you know, he's the second oldest fighter in the division. But in fairness, right, like I don't want to take away from the performances about those guys because de Rud's never been nuked like that ever, and Yoan Beohovich is never I think maybe like pre UFC and like his like sixth fight fifteen years ago, maybe he had like a first round loss, you know, a first round stoppage loss. But yeah, that's what you're looking for when you're a four to one favorite, is to do exactly that right, and you're in your hometown. You've got you know, kind of a bond villain in front of you. You know what the crowd wants to see, and you you deliver above and beyond. So I don't want to take away from the performances of the winners, but you know, sometimes guys just don't show up on Foreign soil.
Speaker 4: Rated r with r J Clifford here live on the Anti Comploring Podcast. Thanks to everybody for subscribing to the Anti Comploring Podcast YouTube channel. So I messaged Israel des Sagnya, I've never seen a fighter more calm before combat than Navajos Sterling. He outsted Yambohovi's the former champion two minutes and fifty six seconds. I would like to get your respective thoughts on this, but r J, I'll start with you. I've never seen a dude more sort of matter of fact about what was about to happen in the octagon in fifteen years of doing this than that.
Speaker 3: A host more than Robby Lawler, because that guy fights like he's ordering a sandwich.
Speaker 4: I would say that soul taker Robbie Lawler.
Speaker 3: That might be for me, that's the one. But I'm with you though, Like that says a lot that you think he's the commest one ever. Yeah, eleven and oh now twenty eight I think, and coming in on short notice. Great team. A division that desperately, you know, not desperately, but could really use some young action fighters two out five pounds. He's everything that fans could hope for in that division. Like I said, Yan Blohovich is you know, forty three but durable shit man, Like even when you beat him like you're you're in for a fight every single time, and he just just ripped right through him. Mavo Sterling has maybe the best ground in pound in that division. I mean, I know he hurt Yon going down, but Yall was still cognizant, still defending guard, and just the way he grabbed the wrist and elbowed and reared up to get more distance. And you know, similar to or Schmetish man. He just knows how to like put himself in a position to deliver the most damage.
Speaker 9: He sees something special. Man, sweet name too, Navajo Sterling?
Speaker 4: You miss a poster that sna these are the details. No, I'm just fucking I listened to. I have to. I listened that file every time because I'm like, fuck, is it navav? Is it nav or not? Anyway? KEM flow any thoughts on Navajo Sterling.
Speaker 6: Yeah, obviously he's a competitor, Like when it's him time, when it's his time to go out there and fight, he is going to maximize all of his skills on fight night. Not everybody's able to do that, So he definitely has a knack and a talent for that. His offense is phenomenal, Like you look at his body type, the power he produces, the speed he produces, the combinations he throws.
Speaker 5: I love all of that.
Speaker 6: I still want to see him a little bit more defensively sound, and I'd love to see more ground game out of him, Like if he's on his back, can he get back to his feet repeatedly technically without giving up bad positions?
Speaker 5: Things like that. But as far as his age and what he's done so far in the UFC, it is extremely impressive.
Speaker 4: We do have four more minutes with r J. Clifford, and again, I mean maybe we can negotiate a little bit more time producers with this guy. Right like we got Longo up against this guy. I'm just getting started in the nature of time, though, RJ. I would like to get to Bogden Grod and the submission of Dennis Bosukia. A lot of controversy surrounding this one. What were your thoughts on maybe the debatable nature of the end of this fight.
Speaker 3: So we got to understand to mixed martial arts, the way that the rules and referees are trained and every way things are constructed. Sometimes there isn't a perfect answer. Like this isn't baseball, where there's there should always there's always an exact black and white answer. There's gray areas on purpose, and its left to the referee to figure that out. This is one of those situations where I don't think there was a black and white, one hundred percent correct ruling. But like Thomas Sowell said, like there's no such thing as solutions, there's only trade offs.
Speaker 9: And I think.
Speaker 3: When the phantom kind of three tappy tap like substance happened. He was gurgling the choke, look that he was getting closer it, And in that moment when the tap happened, I didn't I thought that Jason Herzog made the right move now right away he started defending even after like the tap came. But that happens sometimes. Can you know this? Fighters will tap and then change their minds and be like no, I think I'm okay. That happens all the time. I think Jason Herzog he would have been He would have been in a worse trouble if he kind of stepped in and then backed off. That would have been a massive issue. My biggest criticism is this, that wasn't a heel hook, that wasn't a knee bar, that wasn't a kimera.
Speaker 9: Chokes are the safest way.
Speaker 3: To lose a mixed marsh Lart's contest. There's no safer way to lose that fight. So unless you're not unless you're one hundred percent sure to stop a fight when it's a joke, I think you let it play out because the consequences they're not that severe. That would be my biggest criticism of that whole situation is when it's a choke, be a thousand percent sure, And I don't think Jason was Kenny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a tricky one.
Speaker 6: You know, first of all, for Dennis to be in that position, it's like you hate to say that, but like, don't put yourself in that position first and foremost, right, Like, you're already in a very compromising position. You're up against the cage, so you really don't have a way to roll, and then you're making a movement which looks like a tap even though it's not a tap, Like why would you do that?
Speaker 5: Like who has the answer to this question?
Speaker 6: It's like why are you reaching to scratch your head at that moment when I, oh, you didn't want to answer the question, why the hell did you raise your hand? Like it's those kind of things where you cannot let it go there and you know I'll go even further or Jay. It happens to fighters. It happens in jiu jitsu matches where guys will pretend like they're doing a little tap, so the guy takes it easy. He's like, yeah, I wasn't tapping, Oh what do you mean? Like so people are gonna game it both ways. It's unfortunate, and yeah, I don't think there's one hundred percent answer to what happened, but I don't fall Jason Herzog's like, did he make the motion for a tap?
Speaker 3: Yeah? He did.
Speaker 5: Was he in a choke? Yeah?
Speaker 8: He was?
Speaker 4: Eh? Sorry, bro, Like, oh, je, I'm gonna let you get back in here, right, But you shouldn't, in my opinion, be allowed to get away with a panicky tap, right? And one tap is enough?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: You guys have to understand. I know I got people coming to maybe like, man, John, you've been doing this fifteen years and you still don't know what a tap is, right, Like, you can't tap. You can't get away with a panicky tap if you're bogged in Grod. Right, your opponent shouldn't be able to get away with a panicky tap. And al Jamin Sterling and I talked in the bar afterwards, and there's a lot to be discussed here, and he was sort of very respectful about it. You know, I can't go back on the call. Jason Herzog can't go back on what he does. Right. He laid hands on bogged and Grod did the referee in this instance, and once that happens, you absolutely have to stop the fight. Very competent review official. The ro was Mark Smith. So uh r, J. I know you sort of talked a little bit about sort of it's not a heel hook, right, And I do understand that, but you know, unless we're gonna sort of affect change in a big way as far as that's concerned, Like I feel like you you sort of can't get away with tapping even once.
Speaker 3: Well, think of it went the other way. Think of if like that tap happened, Herzog didn't stop it and Mazukya gets out and knocks him out later, then we'd all be crucifying Herzog because he.
Speaker 9: Tapped and didn't stop the fight. Right, Like, there's right again, there's mixed martial arts.
Speaker 3: There's just there's such a great area and referees have such such a tough, tough job, and I think Jason Herzog at worst a top three ref and mixed martial arts if not the actual best one. And I think you handled that as best as referee could. And there's and there's situations mixed mars. It's like a catch and foot in the NFL like no one. No one seems to know, and every year it changes. These taps are kind of the same way. And you know, there's there's some situations where there is not a black and white correct answer, and I think Jason Herzog made the best possible answer in that scenario.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess I'll have to ask you about Michael Olivera next week.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I won't forget about him, dude. He's twenty twenty eight year olds coming up undefeated knockout artists. That's the thing, that's the ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, man, Well, I enjoy your family and are you going to Vegas from attash camera and Colin sal kild Of course I am.
Speaker 3: Of course we'll be there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: How about how.
Speaker 3: About how much the UFC loves Serbia? Man, getting John Annak on the Cans for an international fight night.
Speaker 9: I mean that's that means they mean business.
Speaker 4: Hey, give me business.
Speaker 3: Go John, don't come cheap right call my number. Welcomes Serbia. Love you, buddy, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Rated R with R. J. Clifford every week here on the Anak and Florian Podcast. Also every week here on the Anak and Florian Podcast. You know who it is, Ladies and gentlemen, He's on hold. He's been on hold too long. It's Raymond Pete. Let's get to him.
Speaker 1: It is now time for the Ray Long Minute.
Speaker 7: To a hole in this.
Speaker 1: The Ray Long Minute, The John Nik and Kenny Florian Podcast.
Speaker 11: Always the true professional John.
Speaker 8: How long was that flight?
Speaker 4: Raymond fucking Pete? Ladies and gentlemen, Hi, Ray fucking Pete? How long was the flight JFK ten hours to Belgrade? Ser Well, it's it's it was just I had some travel on the front end of it, you know. And uh right, I'm not complaining folks about going to Hawaii, but I went to which was eleven hours, and then I had a shoot in l A and then I went to Belgrade. So I've been away for a while. And uh yeah, I mean we're hurting for certain, but we're here for the masses and it's great.
Speaker 8: For certain that the curtain. Oh, I thought you were rapping.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're taking it a step further. So we were just talking about Dennis Bezuki is unfortunate. Yeah. So, and for those that don't know, right, Dennis Bozuki came up during Team Sarah Long ago and not to use the verb a strange to describe your relationship right now. But you guys have no communication, so you are an objective party on this, are you not?
Speaker 11: I mean, look, I still have I still have a lot of love for his his mom and dad.
Speaker 8: I mean, he comes from a great family.
Speaker 4: So that so can you call it straight for us or no? Because we all love Dennis straight? I mean all right, so no, I mean we all thought Dennis right. But when I I went back and watched it just because al Jamayne and I had a conversation and uh, you know not unlike a referee, right, the referee's job is harder than the play by play guy's job. But we both only get one shot, right, Kenny, Like I could have been on the other side of it instead of being like, no, he tapped. So Ray, what were your thoughts on on that fight ending sequence?
Speaker 11: I mean, look at the when it ended real time, it did look like he tapped. Then when it went kind of slowed it down. Yeah, it looked like it could have been some I don't think he did tap, but I think what you what was Aljo's take?
Speaker 8: Because he was there, I know he probably was upset about.
Speaker 4: It, but that he didn't tap.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's just it seemed like I'm trying to figure that.
Speaker 11: I mean, it's like all the stars aligned for a disaster, like he should have no win.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 11: It just there was too much confusion, and I don't put it this way. No one's gonna even think of overturning that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Well, I suggested to al Jo that they appealed just for the aesthetic, right. The m jumped, Well, let me just finish it, yea Zukiah, No, Well, just for the aesthetic, right, even though they know it's going to be fruitless. You file the appeal, you get the headlight on MMA junkie that Bazukia is challenging this, and then maybe as a fighter who's now I think one in five in the UFC, this controversy actually helps you get another fight because had he lost to bogged and grod and I know there wasn't much time left in the round, but had he lost a few seconds later, he's almost assuredly not getting another shot in the UFC. He fought really well. He was in the best shape of his life. I feel bad for him, but we all got to kind of call it like we see it.
Speaker 8: You know, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 11: No, no, no, it doesn't man, No, no, I had talked to I did see Bazuka before the fight. He had to stopped by the Jim, and I thought that was a great fight for him. So there's a lot of there's a lot going on. I don't think he'll get another chance though, for sure. I don't think they give his shit. They just look at the end result. I don't think they'll even well, well.
Speaker 4: That makes them sound entirely heartless, right, I mean, there's a lot of competition for featherweight slots in the world. He's one in five in the UFC. You know, Like, I loved him, I really I thought, you know, this was a good matchup and he shot great matchup.
Speaker 8: Yeah, great matchup. He had his moments.
Speaker 11: First round, definitely lost. I'm not The problem is, I'm not putting a lot. I'm not putting a lot of weight on bogged and grind. I don't I don't know how he's gonna win another fight in the UFC. His stand up was like atrocious. Bazooka should have definitely been able to get him out. I'd be more concerned with that, he had his chances in the second round and how he shrewed that up. I have no idea, but he could have got he could have gotten the mat at there for sure.
Speaker 6: Ray, I don't know if you want to go anyw or not, but like, what what do you think is plaguing Dennis?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 6: Is it not fighting up to his potential or does he not have the skills to hang with the guys in the UFCS, you know, way division, Like, what's your diagnosis of the situation?
Speaker 11: Uh, definitely super talent, definitely talented kid might honestly, I mean and hindsight is twenty twenty, so I don't want to do that. But like, I just think he got in there too soon. If he would have waited a couple of times where he was so anxious to get in there, it's this whole goal was I gotta I gotta get in I gotta get it. And I think he shot himself in the foot. If he would have waited two years and honed the skills like he did, he would have been a different That's my opinion. Yeah, And I'm not I because I was there, Like, you know, he traveled around the world with al he was with al Joe, so he was in the position to be there. But I think he should have taken more time. Even his first fight on the Contender series, he he fucking had COVID like he had. He's a lot from COVID and he I didn't think he should have taken the fight, but he did, you know, and he lost and and he got a lot of opportunities. But he was always around and I think if he would have taken his time a little more and hone those skills, he would have been not in his spoties in now because I don't know how you climb out of a hole like this.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 11: He's still young enough, that's for sure, but he's got a really he's got to do some soul searching inside.
Speaker 5: He needs a reset, is what you're saying.
Speaker 8: He's a reset and time.
Speaker 11: And like we always talk about it on the show, they don't give you fights to really reset the right way. We said about like I forget who we were talking about last week, what do you do to get back on track? Like Bogden Graud was a great fight for him, Like that was I don't I'm not saying gimme, but that's about as good of a fight as you're going to get based on even the fights they gave him.
Speaker 4: All Right, what's Bogden Grod's featherweight Tapology ranking or what's his UFC ranking? Yeah, there aren't. I think it was Kyle Preppolik who maybe said in advance of this fight with Mattow's round Betsky, every fight in the UFC's lightweight division is a boss fight. Yeah tough.
Speaker 11: Every fight in the UFC is is a do a die fight. That's that's kind of the beauty of the sport, you know what I mean. So yeah, I don't know. I think that that was my thing. I think he jumped the gun. You know, he was around good guys, and you know that doesn't really mean anything, you know. I mean, it does mean something, but it doesn't mean that you're ready to be in there.
Speaker 8: And I think.
Speaker 11: And even when he did go into the contenders, he was good, He really was. He's was good, but he wasn't as well rounded as he is now, I think, And he was young enough to take the time. I think that's where I'm coming from. He's only twenty eight now. I think if he went out and did a reset, he could still come back and do something. But I think at the time he did it, if he would have waited another two years and really instead of being so obsessed with the UFC, like even my wife would feel bad for me, and Dennis just wants to be in the UFC. Is a nice Yeah, he was always a nice kid.
Speaker 8: He's he's a good kid.
Speaker 11: And again, like I really mean this from his mother is an absolute dull, you know what I mean. Like he's got great parents, he's he's a good kid. Like, but all right, I think he was misguided a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeaheah, I think that's a good way to put it. So, uh, ray, I got my thrown sport coffee beautiful. I got my seesaw caramel dairy free.
Speaker 8: Dairy free.
Speaker 4: What do you got in your leg? You know you're you're an environmentalist? Oh macha tea, Yeah, you're an environmentalist, right because you know one water water oh, hydrogen water gush.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I'm on my but thanks for the vote of confidence.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, tell us about the seasil lactose free whatever.
Speaker 4: So I absolutely love this stuff. So I have hot black coffee early in the morning and then I have some of this midday as I'm doing now. It really is backed by Patrick Mahomes Functional Better for You coffee made for active on the go lifestyles like Raymond Pete. They don't sponsor the ray Long Go Minute, but we can pretend they do. Each can one hundred and fifty millions in natural caffeine, natural sweeteners, potassium rifling through my goddamn veins, one hundred percent of your daily bee vitamins, lattes if you like those ten grams of protein, Raymond Pete a lot of dairy free options exclusively in my refrigerator. And Throwing Sport Coffee is also NSF certified for Sport. You can find it in retailers nationwide. Casey's Quick Trip Whole Foods are online on Amazon, Walmart in their website, directly Sport Coffee dot com, Thrown Sport Coffee, Get go and keep going. Raymond fucking Pete.
Speaker 11: You know, John, I like that coffee so much. I don't even want to shit on you doing the commercial. I wouldn't even do it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: I thought that was a good spot.
Speaker 5: That's how much.
Speaker 8: That's how much I like that coffee. I don't even want to say anything.
Speaker 4: I thought that was a good spot. I mean, ALP Nicotine Pouches doesn't even sponsor the show. I'm about to fucking throw one in. Oh, let's fucking go. Well, nicotine buzz on a Monday says, fucking who, nobody needs to know, nobody gets hurt.
Speaker 8: Get rid of that nicotine. I want to take that out of you. Amount thrown in the garbage.
Speaker 4: Nobody needs to know, and that nobody gets hurt.
Speaker 3: I had.
Speaker 11: I had a dentist in the other day. He was saying he's looking at a lot of patients that it's not looking good with the nicotine patches in them.
Speaker 4: Just so right, they're trying to help you, Raymond Pete a lot of different directions, thank you, in which.
Speaker 8: We could go, okay, let's go, and it.
Speaker 4: Is not going to be Would you rather of that?
Speaker 8: I can assume, Thank god.
Speaker 4: John so Yaan Blohovich, at forty three years of age, had just signed a new UFC long term contract, right, I.
Speaker 11: Know, No, Well, but it's sort of just good this hope for everybody.
Speaker 8: That's great.
Speaker 4: Well, no, it's sort of well, I think he's a future UFC Hall of Famer. It's sort of just a understanding that you know, he's not going to fight anywhere else, right, and that he's going to retire a UFC fighter. And I got to I actually asked him for a picture after the fight, because I don't know if I'm going to see him again. I think Yanbohovich is probably going to retire. And I got to spend a minute with his wife, who has been just behind him every step of the way in this career. And you know, I hope that sort of history will look back fondly upon his title win against Reys and his retirement, excuse me, his successful title defense against Adasanya and just all around good egg and I do think this is probably the last we see of Wohovich, but tremendous career.
Speaker 8: I thought, Yeah, now I agree with one hundred percent. Yeah, and just contract now what you said, he just signed to contract it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's sort of a formality, right. He got a new deal I think going into this fight, but maybe a four fight deal. But it's sort of an understanding that he's not gonna go take off his gloves and do bare knuckle or you know that he's going to retire UFC fighter. I don't think I shouldn't have led with that. I apologize right.
Speaker 11: Because I'm saying that's that's a nice way to stop the guy from doing anything he wants to do.
Speaker 4: If well, it's not like he's forty three years.
Speaker 7: Let's tell it.
Speaker 8: The UFC is they They are good, man, they're good.
Speaker 4: You put me in a position where I'm not putting you in a position.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: I mean, but it's like, if you.
Speaker 11: Can't handle the truth, John, you want the truth, you can't.
Speaker 8: Handle the truth.
Speaker 5: Great movie, wasn't that great?
Speaker 8: What a great scene that was? Kenny? Come on?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh my gosh, Cruis fired.
Speaker 4: People who watch this podcast really understand acutely that I'm not a shill, and I call it like I see it. And anytime I've gotten in trouble with the UFC, it's been because of things that I have said on this show.
Speaker 8: I hope you're not getting in trouble.
Speaker 4: So no so, but you know, I for you to suggest that they were not doing right by Yambohovich and sogning him to a long term deal, I mean, I think is a little bit of a leap. But I love you and we can definitely move on, I said earlier today and Kenny's probably like, what did I sign up for? John? But I said that I have never seen a fighter look more calm before combat than Navajos Sterling. And I don't know it's because well, which was forty three or what, but man, he looked like he knew what was about to happen.
Speaker 5: And it was like two weeks.
Speaker 4: Notice that he did two weeks exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Look, it's the name of the game.
Speaker 11: You you know, guys get older and you get the younger guys to beat him.
Speaker 8: They build up there. You know, it's a.
Speaker 11: Name on their record, but you know what it actually means. I'm not sure, but that he did that, he did go right at him and he did that. That was that was a nice knockgout. So hats off to Sterling. I thought that was that was great. But when you analyze everything together, it's a little wacky.
Speaker 4: But all right, let's place a bet, then, Raymond Peekle, I bet you. I'll bet you the Navajos Sterling becomes the UFC light Heavyweight Champion. Now his teammate is the champ right now, which Sterling six and zero in the UFC eleven and Z is a pro. So I don't know what the odds would be, but I will I'm willing to say that I believe foundationally and with the mental game Kenny, that Navajos Sterling in this division is going to at least fight for the title, if not become the champ.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think there's a strong possibility.
Speaker 4: And you know what actually was the quote that actually makes me say that is that he he said in our fighter meeting, He's like, people don't understand I've spent these years like developing the energy system for the grappling, Like he'll take you the fuck down. Like people. Sometimes you sit in the fighter meeting, You're like, okay, you know that's talking about fainting. And I'm telling you, Eugene Barman did not want him to take this fight.
Speaker 8: But he Why is that? You think?
Speaker 4: Because he had two weeks notice and he wasn't in camp, you know, but he's he was coming off the Ewan Kute Laba win, which was the best training camp of his life, and he sort of slammed his body around and recognized that he was still responsive, and yeah, he took the fight. But yeah, you know, Eugene, I just think had pause, you know, that Camp City Kickboxing had trained for Bohovich twice for Olberg and Autosanda, you know, and still weren't necessarily behind it.
Speaker 5: But what does.
Speaker 11: Eugene say about those two guys fighting each other? As he mentioned that.
Speaker 4: So Robert Whittaker, And this is maybe an angle that's neither here nor there, but Whittaker has said he won't fight either one of those guys. Wow, and Whittaker's now a light heavyweight content or I would imagine a ranked one at that, you know, in our fighter meeting, Sterling intimated, I think that, you know, we'll sort of cross that bridge when we come there. But he he would, right, like, it's not under their own possibility that Navajo Sterling could be an interim light heavyweight champion, right and if he signed some time to fight for the interim belt, he's basically fight the y. So I don't know. I think it's a tricky situation, Kenny, in a sport that sometimes presents these things, you know.
Speaker 6: Gosh, yeah, and you know, I feel like, you know, the UFC does not like.
Speaker 5: It at all, right, I knows about this.
Speaker 6: When you have two elite fighters in that way class who are already talking about not fighting each other. So I'm curious to see how is the falls moving forward and you know, can Carlos get healthy and all that stuff, and what would he think about, you know, Sterling getting certain opportunities.
Speaker 5: So it's it's.
Speaker 6: A tricky situation and I'm curious how that's going to affect coaches, managers. Jim's moving forward of like do I take in this other two hundred and five pounder?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 5: It's not always an easy decision.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean we've run into troubles now where you know, like the manager has two guys fighting each other. Yeah, and that's not looking upon good. But when a coach does, it's even way worse because they're coming from the same gym. So I think Eugene's a really good dude, and he's a grounded guy, common sense guy. He'll figure it out. But I I would want nothing to do with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he just the fucking man. You know, a lot of really really good guy he is a lot of coaches wouldn't even want it to be public that he had some hesitation.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: He's just a man of veracity, tremendous. Mike Canto of Andre Paul let all those coaches there, so real quick guys, the two hundred and five pound di vision Right, so Nav called out Khalil Rountree Junior among others. Right, great, great fight, and when you look at him already being number ten in the world and Jamal Hill, for example, is five, he's not even in the division, right, I mean Ken oh, right, Khlil Rowntree Junior, former world title challenger. I think a main event against nab makes sense and then all of a sudden, you win that fight and your next fight might be for the world title. At twelve to zero.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean for everything that we're talking about, it seems like Sterling's not shy to get close to that belts. I mean, like, what do you do after you beat Clil Rountree, Especially if he does it impressively, it's like maybe he gets the next shot here, So you know, it seems like there's a collision course happening between those two guys in the gym.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I love that fight.
Speaker 6: I think that's a huge test for Khalil. It's a huge test obviously for Sterling, but again I think it shows where sterlings head is at. You know, beating a guy a true, true veteran former champion like Bulhovic on two weeks notice.
Speaker 5: Doing it in that manner.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, he probably deserves a shot, you know that, that opportunity against Clil Rountree.
Speaker 4: Thanks everybody watching the Ane Comploring Podcast live on a Monday. It's the Ray long Go Minute, and I know what Ray wants to talk about, so let's just not bury the fucking lead anymore. A lot of traffic and Long goes MMA and Stady New York. Last week PFL lovey did justin Geechee come in and fraud check you for suggesting he didn't?
Speaker 11: Oh Gechie Gechie caused a big stir in the gym. People were like out of their minds when he walked in. Gave a good guy you know again, humble guy, down to earth, just wanted to get And I had a private room in the back for those guys, so I was trying to give everybody their space. So yeah, it was. It all worked out good. What a great, great week at the gym. And I did get to catch up with Dakota's mother, which was absolutely phenomenal. What a sweetheart of a lady, What a what a great family they are. What I mean I'm telling you, a great family. So it was good. I haven't I don't think I've seen her in like twenty seven years, and I wasn't even sure if she remember me, but of course you know she did so and Dakota is a sweetheart that's out wish nothing but the best. But the whole family, the kids, I didn't I don't think she had kids when I know her. So this is all that's probably how long ago it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you don't know the story, ray Longo cornered Dakota Ditchiva's mom in a boxing match back in the day. Do I have that right, Raymond?
Speaker 5: Kick boxing?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Kick?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 8: No, no, boxing?
Speaker 5: It was boxing.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 11: She fought Alicia Rashley undefeated like a Pernell Whitaker of females.
Speaker 5: Like I didn't know she boxed as well?
Speaker 8: No, she did box yet, wow.
Speaker 11: And she fought for me a little Neglia a bunch of times at the taj Mahal which is now the Hard Rock Cafe, was owned by Trump back in the day.
Speaker 4: But this Dakota Ditchva, if I'm pronounced.
Speaker 11: Me, let me tell you she's a monster. But what a what a feel good moment? And just like again, I can't and I can't even.
Speaker 4: I mean, how the long Agoes MMA the epicenter of the fucking Mixed Martial Arts Universe last week, right, I love it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we had guys from Australia. I can't think of the guy's name. I'm blacking out one another just great people. Oh Dan Hardy came in. Yeah, wife, what a another just everything was good, you know. Then he did Sarah's podcast. Sarah took him out, they went out to eat. Uh, I just you know, I don't know, I you.
Speaker 8: Know what it is we were what was that?
Speaker 11: You know what it is, Kenny. When we're traveling, you get treated like gold. So you got to reciprocate.
Speaker 5: And yeah, for sure, you know.
Speaker 8: And again and hats off to Archie and.
Speaker 5: They know where they're gonna go, where they're going to be treated well.
Speaker 8: Right, yeah, I think I hope.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, yeah, you ar Chiers and Boston. Everybody knows your name, right, Yeah what do you Yeah, talk to me about Archie?
Speaker 8: No, Archie great, another great kid didn't go his way.
Speaker 11: I feel horrible, but uh, you know, Archie's a guy that you know, beat two of my guys and it was good even seeing him and Dylan get Yeah, it's just good good stuff, man, It's just it was a really great week.
Speaker 8: For the gym.
Speaker 11: And of course the big gun, Levon Kobalayev came through first round out, Yes, knees against the cage. He did great, So we finally got him a fight. He's on the board. Like to turn that kid around quick.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 11: You know, Dylan Montella, James Gonzaleze did a great job with the grappling and the cage work. You know, we knew the body lock was the guy's go to thing and they had him prepared for that, Dylan even showing how to sneak the knees in. You know, hy does a great job with the pants. She's got some good people around him now. So I think we're ready to roll and I'm excited. Yeah, good week, John. I wish you were there.
Speaker 4: Well, no, I mean I was hoping.
Speaker 8: I didn't leave anybody out either.
Speaker 4: Know, you left a bunch of people out as usual, and you know, nobody Butcher's Name's worse than you other than well Buffer. So we were at dinner. We were at dinner. I know, I'm just Kenny, and we were at dinner and I said to Bruce Buffer, I was like, you know when you sometimes try to play security in the octagon, right, and you are trying to get between fighters because maybe the security isn't as fleet a foot as buff right. I was like, do you ever hear me like give you a hard time about doing that on the broadcast after the fact, And He's like no, And I'm like, yeah, I don't think it would be good for our friendship if you heard what I said, no and now and now, if Raymond hadn't fucking coughed, I'm sure our fine team at all the smoke fight might have cut that up and put it on Buffer's radar.
Speaker 8: But thanks, holy shit, right before ruined the moment.
Speaker 4: No, not at all, But no, I seeing you smile that wide and having all those stars in the gym, especially gae Chee right after UFC Freedom two fifty and Dakota, I mean, no, I felt great you. You look to me like you were in your element and I'd love to see it. Of course, I know I joked about, but I love you good.
Speaker 11: Got to catch up with Conan too. I haven't talked to him in a while. He had some great stories. Con from back in the day. He had some really crazy wow.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: She always smells good. Yeah, he always smells good.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So but uh, anyway, but really really good good stuff. And I hope, uh, I hope the merger goes good. I hope these guys make some money. We'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: So was there anything else, excuse me, from UFC Serbia that you wanted to touch on at all. I don't know if you wanted to touch on Udo Schmititz or any of the other performances. It was a spectacular night. How about those two UFC records twelve finishes most in the modern era, ten first round finishes.
Speaker 11: I tell you, I really liked that girl fight where she hit her with a punch to the solar plexus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were gonna uh you know.
Speaker 11: And then she then she starts hitting her in the head. She sees that's not going anywhere, and she hits she goes as the has the smarts to go back to the body, ends to fight.
Speaker 8: I thought that was beautiful.
Speaker 4: I mean, right to the solar plex Yeah right, I missed that one.
Speaker 8: Oh, Kenny, you gotta look at it's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Losevich one hundred thousand dollars performances in her UFC debut, and of all the Serbian fighters, I shouldn't say that, you know, I shouldn't make that. You know, there are other fighters I'm excited about. But in terms of that women's bandamweight division and Nina Milosovitch's potential to actually do some things, uh, it was a favorable matchup. You know, Haley Kallen has since retired, But dude, I mean this, this, this woman is ready for this division. She hit her right in the fucking solar plexus for one hundred j is fucking flattener.
Speaker 5: Bred basket twice twice.
Speaker 8: Yeah, wow, isn't that funny?
Speaker 11: How But but when she was bombing a to the head, that girl wasn't going anywhere.
Speaker 8: She just thought, let me just do one more, but that's it over. Yeah, I like it great.
Speaker 4: Did you see this Michael p q d Oliver Ea against o Van Elliott.
Speaker 11: I did see it, but I'm not really dead. Yeah, you know, the fights were on at a weird time, so I was trying to watch everything. But I think he looked very powerful.
Speaker 8: If I'm not.
Speaker 4: Mistake absolute fucking monster. Remember the name Michael p Q d Oliver, a former military paratrooper in Brazil. You can only do eight years. They're all one year service time. Did dude did fucking eight? He'll salute the hell out of you. And then you know, Oban had training camp of his life alongside Leon Edwards at Renegade Jiu Jitsu and sometimes there's nothing you can do.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I got to spend some time with Oban after the fact. You know, he goes from three and on his rookie year in the UFC to now three and three. He's worried his job might be on the line. Hopefully he gets one more. But dude, this Michael Olavera, I mean, absolute monster Ray anything else before we let you get on with the better part of your day.
Speaker 8: Oh, I think that's about it, all right. We wish you to see health.
Speaker 4: Thank you, buddy.
Speaker 8: Well how was the experience overall? Though?
Speaker 4: It was great? I mean we could go category by category if you wanted to ask me, like food, hospitality, and well, I mean, you know those suggesting that the UFC shouldn't go back to the Middle East because these events are so great. I mean, let me just tell you. The hospitality in Abu Dhabi is next level. So you know, I'm just a cup of ice in Serbia, you know, But no, it was We went to a get one restaurant, try Cicira, which was an amazing experience, and we got to see an amazing part of downtown Belgrade, and the fans treated us like royalty as they always do, and it was very festive and there was music in the restaurant and the food was fantastic. Oh you know, but yeah, I mean there's there are a lot of amazing places. This was a top five UFC Live event crowd for me, so Serbians deserve a lot of credit for that. And my prediction is that we'll be back there next year. Certainly we'll be back there, but I wouldn't be surprised if we are back there as soon as next year. Because of the extent to which this was a resounding success.
Speaker 8: Wow, he's he's jacked up today, boy, Nicotine pouches.
Speaker 4: I mean, my god, I put it into like that in seconds. I feel sharp as a guy.
Speaker 11: Damn, holy shit, I gotta try that today. This, this might finally convince me to.
Speaker 4: Well, nigotine is a perpetually misunderstood substance, so you know, uh, maybe that's what the Boston Red Sox are doing. I mean, my god, holy shit, Ray, all right, guess the funk out of here. Thank you, Ray, you're the man.
Speaker 8: You guys are the best. Take it easy, Thank.
Speaker 4: You, Buddy Thay and a conformed podcast powered by all the smoke Fight. We're having a good show today, Power Hour down. We have to transition now, but real quickly. This summer, whatever you may be watching, in my case it is baseball, but golf, soccer, racing, mixed martial arts. DraftKings has you covered every single moment of it. The DraftKings Sports apt now available in all fifty states, bringing the game straight to your finger tips wherever you are. New DraftKings customers, we always got something for you. Sign up with Code af Pod. Today's the day. Spend five bucks to get one hundred and fifty in rewards within fourteen days. This includes all markets. That's Code af Pod and partnership with DraftKings. The Crown is Yours bet with DK sportsbook gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler one eight hundred My reset Connecticut called eighty eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven visits CCPG dot org. Got behalf a Boo Hill casino in Kansas. Bet tax pastor may apply in Illinois twenty one plus void in Canada. Event contract trading with DraftKings predictions involves risk of loss. Availability varies. Predictions offer void in New York. Bet to get bonus bets that expire in seven days. Trade to get predictions dollers that aspire one year, fifty dollars rewards issued every seven days. Be a click to claim for fourteen days one non withdrawable reward redeemable terms at DKNGT C slash offer limited time offer. Yeah, so, I mean, I think it goes without saying a little nicotine in the system makes it exponentially easier to read a DraftKings disclaimer, So whatever that is worth, I don't know real quick to put a bow on the UFC fight night, I'm just going to sort of clean out a few thoughts. It's over thirty seconds if I could. So there's nothing like being able to make the calls when the masses get muted. It's cool to have udo schmetic win, but I think it's even more fun, right when Noah Gugnon goes in there and beats Milos Yani Chich right, Yani Chich, if you don't know, was the guy who got the biggest cheers all week long. First Montenegrin fighter to be in the UFC nineteen and three is an MMA pro three and zero, dirty boxing, a lot of skills, but this frenchman, Noah Gugnon, is an absolute animal, and those are very fun calls to make when you have the French fighter go in there, mute the masses, get on the octagon, you know, give you this shush emoji and everything else. So memorable night. Gilbert or Bina seven and five as an MMA fighter going into this fight, a lot of people thought maybe he was a lamp to slaughter, moving up from welterwait to middleweight to fight Velasto Cheppo, who was a guy around whom this car was maybe built a little bit. And Gilbert or Bina leaves with one hundred thousand dollars bonus. I wanted to congratulate him as well. And finally, Alexander Rockets, the man who probably mop as much time working with the Serbian MMA Federation as any to try to sort of heighten this live event and heighten things developmentally in Serbia. He beats marching Tabora thirty twenty seven in his UFC heavyweight debut, and Rockets hadn't won a fight since twenty twenty one. Really good guy, a lot of time away from his daughters, so we wanted to congratulate Alexander Rockitch. All right, UFC Apex this weekend, tough fact to follow, UFC Meta Apex. We got a couple of predictions for you folks today. Ken Flow has been on an absolute heater. I was gonna say absolute fucking heater, but I think I've scorn enough today Ken Flow has been on an absolute heater. We'll see how goes from UFC fight Night Gamrot versus sal Killed Lightweight Division. Carlos Diego Fajita minus one eighty five Billy Q Billy Corntello plus one fifty four eighteenth UFC Star for Diego Fajita. Kenny you know him well. He's ten and seven in the UFC. Billy Q. This will be his first appearance in nearly two years and his first fight at lightweight since twenty seventeen. Billy Q six and five in the UFC. He's lost two straight, three of his last four. Who do you like in the comain event yeah, first.
Speaker 6: And foremost, I think it's great that billy Q took that time off a little bit, let his body heal up, you know, maybe do a little reset, build some new skills, so we could see a billy Q that is completely transformed. However, once you get in there, your instincts could really take over there. And what are those instincts from billy Q? To just throw down and create chaos. That's what he does every time he's in there, and it's a blessing a curse. When you do that, it's exciting, but you open yourself up. And Jego Fajita is another guy that can be hot and cold. And if he is hot, not only could he win this fight, I think he could win this by finish either on the ground or on the feet. He does have a decent amount of power and'd like to see him throw more combinations in this fight. I think if he does that, he can win. But who knows, you know, billy Q being out for this long, he could you know, come back transformed. What I'm gonna lean the way of the Brazilian Diego fejeeda all.
Speaker 4: Right man event also at one hundred and fifty five pounds good one here Quillan Sal killed minus one forty two. Mattauje Gamrot, the four time UFC headliner, is plus one twenty Gambrock nine and four in the UFC, and he's coming off a great win Kenny over Esteban Ribevics. But he is not the story here. The story here is the twenty six year old Quillen Sal killed. He's won twelve in a row. He's five and zero in the UFC, four of those have been round one finishes. He looks the part. Some guys just have it, he appears to, and he asks for this very tough fight, which to me is very telling. Quillan Sal killed slightly the favorite minus one forty range on DraftKings Sports. Who do you like in the main event, cam.
Speaker 5: Flip, Well, be careful what you ask for.
Speaker 6: You know, not a whole lot of great wrestling over in Australia, but guys like Volkanovski and some others have proven that they can be very effective defensively. That's what this fight comes down to for me. Uh, it's the story is wrestling here. Can Gamrock go and initiate, uh, you know, the ground game? Can he get him down? Can Sel killed stop uh these takedowns. I think if he does that, then I think Quillen is going to win this fight and win it by finish.
Speaker 5: I think he's the superior striker for sure. Uh.
Speaker 6: He's got a knack for fighting that chin and finding the knockout. So Gamrot has.
Speaker 5: To be extremely careful here. But make no mistake about it.
Speaker 6: If Matoush is able to go in there and you know bully Sal killed a round, get the fight to the cage, get those takedowns repeatedly, hang on him and tire Sal killed out, he could be in trouble.
Speaker 5: And this is not a.
Speaker 6: Fight that Seal killed I think is used to, you know fight fighting a high level wrestler like Gamroth is going to be a true test, no question about it. So I think we're gonna find out a lot about just how good Quillan Seal killed is.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: Can he get it done yet? I think he can. But I'm gonna have to go with Gamrot here.
Speaker 6: Just because I haven't seen Sal killed against a great wrestler yet, so he'd bet he win this test.
Speaker 5: Hey, sky's the limit for this.
Speaker 8: Guy, all right?
Speaker 4: Ken Fold likes Matajj Gamrod he can be had plus one twenty right now, we'll see how it all plays out on Saturday night. We will update the results. Kenny's favorite segment over the last few weeks has been updating the results. Another week in the positive for ken Flow. Had a two leg parlay on Udo Schmititch and Mattaw's round Beski. He did take a flyer on Yambohovich as the underdog, but plus one hundred and eighty eight dollars in change for ken Flow. He's almost a plus twenty five hundred on the year. You'd be wise to tail him, and he's got one thousand dollars to spend. UFC Fight Night Gamrot versus Seal killed Ken Flow take it away.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, so I'm gonna take that thousand and place it on one fighter yet again. I'm gonna put it on Diego Fajeda here against Billy Q, and uh see if we can raise that up a little bit.
Speaker 4: All right, nicely done, Ken Flow, Diego Fajita minus one eighty five or so right now, one thousand dollars for Team Florian. All right, now it's time for my favorite part of the show. What if I told you this was actually the way to go about buying cards for a lot of you who don't want to be sending them away to PSA and you just want it to come grade at authenticated sixty dollars investment could land you a sixteen hundred dollars UFC card. It landed me at twelve hundred dollars. Comsat you might have card Home of Fight Repacks powered by Collectibles dot Com. You secure your pack and then some options. After you get your graded UFC card. You can keep it in your online bolt, ship it home to your collection, or move it right back to Collectibles dot Com as you've seen us do here. If you love MMA, if you thrive on anticipation, if you appreciate championship level stakes, this is your moment, folks. Home of Fight Cards dot Com, or do what I do, download the Collectibles app and get in on the action. Because sometimes the biggest wins don't happen inside the octagon, and I'm excited today. I'm excited. Little nicoteen fuel, Little nicotine fuel for the repacks. Nobody needs to know, nobody gets hurt. Nobody needs to know, and nobody gets hurt. Imagine taking a nicotine pouch sponsor and it being the conduit through which he got addicted in nicotine. That would not be ideal.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I don't know if I'm.
Speaker 4: Having a good show or a bad show or an honest show. Home a fight cards dot Com. Let's let's go. If people knew how much I swore in front of my kids, they wouldn't think it was a big deal. On the podcast, Gilbert dureno Burns, Is that an autograph or not? It is not twenty twenty one Penie select UFC Octagon Action signatures.
Speaker 5: It is Oh here, it is.
Speaker 4: Gilbert Burns Auto mint PSA nine. You can throw that in my online vault because we're gonna keep that Gilbert doereno Burns card. I might even give it to him the next time I see him. He was there with his youngest child and his wife there in Belgrade, Serbia.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 4: And then we get the Gilbert Burns auto. We told him actually in person, well not not we. I told him in person that we'd love to celebrate his career here on the antican Floring podcast here in the next couple weeks. So we will. We'll present him with that card after the fact. And I get one more card today, which we're very excited about. We're very excited out of the blue corner today in our repacks, John Anick, and let's just see. You know what was my buyback anyway on that, Gilbertarino burns. I didn't even look at it because we need the book. You wanted it, the book. Ninety one dollars, all right, thanks, Code Blue, Second Draw the Day PSA ten. And would you look at that? Billy corn Tello twenty twenty two, Panini Prism Goal Prism PSA ten. The buyback? What are they offering me? Sixty four dollars ninety percent buy back? You know, part of me, because Billy C is a good guy, Cody's telling me I gotta sell because Kenny faded him. Part of me feels like I should get it for him and give it to him. But Cody's the boss, so we will.
Speaker 7: Billy Q is a good guy, it's a great guy.
Speaker 4: You can sell it. You can sell it, all right. It's a ten and a rookie card. Nate said, sorry, Date, we can't go back on that decision. I was just following Cody's lead. Sorry. The thing about me presenting it to Billy Q is basically I got to have it with me for the rest of my fucking life and hope that I run into the guy. You know what I mean. I'm not going to be there in Vegas this weekend. You know, I suppose I could sell it to him the gratings, send it to him, not sell to him, the gratings going down as it gets bent around in that sweaty pocket of years.
Speaker 12: All right, yeah right, Bill, Yeah, car Bro ten years looks like a napkin.
Speaker 5: For Pete's sake?
Speaker 4: What do we got?
Speaker 5: Am I up?
Speaker 4: Do I get to pick? Telling me Kenny has a seven hundred and forty five dollars cash balance, because unlike me, he doesn't go in there and buy baseball cards that aren't good. All right, so we'll transition to Kenny Florian's account, and the only thing that Kenny hasn't hit on this is a holy grail. You've had some decent draws, but not a holy grail.
Speaker 5: We got here, Uh, Caitlyn Kegian.
Speaker 4: Select you have see number seventeen, Caitlyn Chukegi in gold Prison PSA nine. They're offering you thirty two dollars on the buy back. I mean, I would probably sell it unless you're gonna run into Kitlyn.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna sell it unless you want to.
Speaker 4: Put in your pocket for the rest of your fucking life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, your cell phone, it's you.
Speaker 4: Guys, seen it. I got a card for you. Got your cell phone in your right pocket, you fucking keys and your two days your left pocket for the rest of your life.
Speaker 12: It's all banged up. What do we got the next one? Oh man, Billy Q. Stuff though, is a little a little interesting, right.
Speaker 7: All right? Oh yeah, all right, come on, okay.
Speaker 4: All right, twenty twenty five tops Chrome Sapphire UFC Rydan your deritter PSA nine. I don't believe that's a rookie card. I think he made his UFC debut in twenty twenty four, but I could be wrong. They're offering you twenty seven dollars, so that does not suggest that it's a great card.
Speaker 5: Kenny, Right, Yeah, I'm gonna sell that.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You gotta sell her back. You gotta sell it, Bession. Not a great day for Ken Flow. We're happy to get the Gilbert Buriant Burns Durino autograph there, and we thank all of you. Thank you for subscribing to The End Conforming Podcast YouTube channel. Watching the show every week and listening. We do appreciate that it certainly helps our staff and the show continue into twenty twenty seven and beyond. You can also check out Ken Flows YouTube channel as well, especially if you're a Brazilian jiu jitsu practic hittioner of the highest order. If you like BJJ and you like the rough art Brazilian jiu jitsu, go subscribe to Kenny Florian and the newly launched Annik Bros. YouTube channel where I'm doing and ask me anything in advance of UFC Fight Night, gamra versus Sell Kill later this week. So thanks everybody. Thanks to Nate Bronson and our live producer Cody Merrow, thanks to Raymond Pete and r J Clifford, Jason Aik, everybody else, Mike Jones, and we'll be back with you guys, I guess next Monday. Yes, Yanni the Greek I think has seven picks for you for UFC three thirty, So thank you all. Tell you mom that she should subscribe as well, and we will talk to you guys next week for kem Flum John and thanks for watching you later