Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainment presents the Rick Butcher's Soul with Speeding Greg Butchers, Hedi Van Adler and Rick Butchers.
Speaker 2: Let's go America. What up? Greenback? Tennessee's ready?
Speaker 3: Lucius Clay's Ready's Chapel.
Speaker 2: Phoebs Is Rowland, Pensacola, Pennsylvania, Laurel, Mississippi, and Monihannah, Alabama. Let the armies. You're ready? Bossom Trot, We see you so grave right other reggaere your show. Balley Grand says, yes, we down with Yet we're here.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 2: What's up? Sack's Kitchen, Huntsville, Alabama, Come see us. Speedy Gum's ready, Montgomery, Alabama? You ready? I see you there, You're on Tarnhill Fans, I see you, North Carolina. Let's go, Louisville, Kentucky, Atlanta, Georgia. Read those Coca Cola trucks are rolling. They ready and there you go. I see yous that America. Let's go for cops. It is come for another Rick Burgess show.
Speaker 5: As you heard, Speedy, Greg and Adler all here as we unpack another day, and as usual, there's plenty to do and to talk about, interacting with all of you do want to, uh say hello to all that are traveling or maybe they're getting up in their hotel rooms because they've come from all over here and they're going to make their way here to the Vox seats today. Watch out, we will be hosting today. Guests will be arriving. Two of them will be drawn and they'll have a Burgess ball battle.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: They'll get a chance at the wheel today. So we'll see how that goes. And then we'll meet all of them. And you know, of course, none of them ever pressured to bring us gifts or goodies, but you know, sometimes people do, and you probably don't want to feel awkward. So so there you go. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 5: And so the in the and the seats are free.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: Many people wonder how you get a Vox seat.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: The reason why you don't hear us talking about that a lot is that they seem to fill up without us really saying anything.
Speaker 2: Oh with within an hour or two of releasing them. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So if you if you're new to it, though, and you're wondering how can I make that happen? That you see it there at Rick Burgess Show dot com. Uh, and they usually release. What do we go about two months out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's normally the last week a month prior to to releasing. So like you know, for July, it'd be the last week of May, and then for August to be the last week of June.
Speaker 5: So if you wanted to, if you're want to book August, you'd start looking around the last week of this month.
Speaker 2: Correct, June. June bug, wow, June.
Speaker 5: Oh, June old June.
Speaker 2: So June. And I get it because I mean I see the emails, and I mean there's only the you know, the seats that are available, and I apologize they're so hard to get. I mean, it's a good problem to have to be. It is, it is, uh, but we try to We try to get you in and open them up. And we just honored that anybody would even come, yeah and hang out with us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it works them a couple of different ways. Let me tell you what does not work. Hey, Speedy, I need to come on June twenty one. I got four Yeah, emailing Speedy that that just can't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The other thing that we can do, though, if someone is kind enough and they know ahead of time. We got a conflict, they'll let both speedy know and they'll release them again. Right, and so look for that sometimes that happened, you're right, yeah, yeah, And those are those of the view that contact us. You're very kind to say, hey, you release the two. I've had to, you know, work a lot of times. It's work or family or I'm sick or whatever. Life right, and that we understand that.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: So some things that we have to cover today as far as just stories, Greg, there's a George Straight story for you today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna say, how you funny?
Speaker 8: I do?
Speaker 5: I got that unfortunately, and you know, it just makes you feel a little different. We got a Manson family, a member who has been given parole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's real.
Speaker 5: That feels a little strange. Yeah, yeah, I know all these years they keep getting Tony got one Tennessee had a zebra running on the roadways of Tennessee.
Speaker 2: So we got Wow, that was somebody I was gonna play. Rick, you gave it away. I'm sorry. Here's the story. It's right here.
Speaker 5: There's story.
Speaker 2: It's okay. Sorry, it's all right, Do not worry about it. We have the super regional field is set. It's set Okay, hey, there was some some baseball games last night that went down to the last inning Murray State at Ole Miss. Murray State was up twelve three at one point and all they got to do is win, and they go to a super regional. And it was amazing to see Ole Miss come back and and and they come back, and before you knew it, it was like twelve to six and twelve to seven and twelve to and uh, you're thinking, no way. I'm like, no way, this is not happening. And and you've been that that team that you're up by four and you feel like you're down by three because you feel the momentum kind and here come the students out in right field. They're throwing beer up. You know, there's home runs and all this time, and they get to twelve eleven and Murray State gets out of it, and then they go to the eighth inning and Murray State holds them, and then they go to the ninth inning and Murray State holds them and actually wins the Old Miss Regional. And so Murray State is in.
Speaker 5: Gave up a lead and held on by one. Yeah, it's crazy, but you had to get that in that Old Miss didn't quite.
Speaker 2: No, No, I mean no, I'm just saying that for Murray State mid major to go in and there are two different reagions. You brought that story up. Yeah, Uh, Well the mid majors, Uh, they they, I mean they're showing out this this the region. Ut s A put out Texas. Uh. And then you got Miami coming into Hattiesburg. It's up with Southern Miss and beat Southern Mission last night. Okay, so so there in So the field is set.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: And the super regionals are going to be June sixth through ninth. Uh. And Arkansas won their regional Auburn one. There's North Carolina one, there's l s U one last night, there in Oregon State one, Florida State one, Coastal one. I think they are going to Auburn, Tennessee one. There's u C l A one uh and Arizona, Duke, Louisville, Miami, Murray State, as I just said, UTSA, and West Virginia they're all in. So that's who's in the regionals. Super regionals.
Speaker 10: I don't know anything about this, but I think you said the Old miss regional, but it's the Oxford Regional.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, there anything about this, but I was just going to know they're in Oxford, Mississippi. Yeah, okay, yeah, did you know that?
Speaker 10: And no, I don't know how any of this works, but I was like, what's the Old MISS Regional?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 10: And but I looked it up as the Oxford Regal.
Speaker 5: So you didn't know that Old Miss was in Oxford, Mississippi.
Speaker 10: Well, it just I didn't know what the Old Miss Regional was.
Speaker 11: But that's not the thing it's under Yeah, yeah, it's not referred to as you thought.
Speaker 5: That could have been Oxford, Alabama, where Gregan are from. Yeah, you know they got cutis facility done at Chocolocker Park. Could have been out there, played at Chocolock.
Speaker 2: So back when Tyler played at jack State, they were in the Old Miss Regional and uh that yeah, they be Clemson in there. Anyway, they made it to the finals of that regional. And so the game's on what Sunday night because you know, they'd been playing this regional for a while, and he comes walking through. They had gone out and done something. Anyway, he comes walking through the house, he and River were over and everything. He's like, wow, so that's the mound I ended my career on. He didn't know it at the time, and he pitched at in that regional not knowing that would be his last pitch over and ended up having to have surgery again and stuff. Yeah. Man, but it's just crazy, you know, just time flies. It was not but that's a great atmosphere. They had like twelve thousand people there. It was pretty pretty crazy.
Speaker 5: And the text nation Adler, it's old miss, not old miss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's yeah, I know that.
Speaker 10: I didn't say old old.
Speaker 2: I think you did? You did?
Speaker 10: I said old like Greg says the word oil. I said it like that, did you?
Speaker 2: Okay? Yeah, okay, yeah, And I've been looking over at this song Paul too. This is the world series. This Texas Tech Bunch is for real. My goodness, they've beating everybody.
Speaker 5: How about that the uh so that's.
Speaker 2: Uh I think Oklahoma was beat by them.
Speaker 5: I was about to say that was just about to a sec because Oklahoma's kind of that's the program to be, didn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, normally we'll be back. More of the Rick Burgers show coming up right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgers shown the God Fearing an America Loving the Rick Mergers show.
Speaker 5: How about in America enjoyed hanging out with you again today, So well, do you have a lot to cover and uh, we're we're off and running. We'll hear from you today. Also, just us some programming notes to make you aware. Coming up this weekend, we will have episode five Tales from the camp House. Talked to Young Broderick yesterday. He said, yep, I got the five ready to go. We'll have it by Friday. And what we'll do now, we had the setup of the Burgess Bass Battle episode three, the actual Burgess Bass Battle episode four, both of those are out for your viewing pleasure. And then five we'll focus on the celebration after and the Gary prepara prepared fish frop. Now, now, a lot of you that love the getting in behind the scenes, you're gonna love that one because you're going to just basically hear us sitting around and watch us sitting around enjoying delicious food, discussing, you know, how the show's doing things we can work on. What do you think about this? A lot of inside stuff behind the scenes as you're brought into camp House for a fish froud. That'll be episode five, the fish Fry, So that's coming out this weekend, so look for that. Thanks for all your feedback on that, And of course we have out our new podcast, Strange Encounters, a lot of feedback on that. Episode three is out, we'll have four coming out this weekend. We'll actually sit down and I'll have a conversation with Speedy about some of the things he experienced back in the Thirteen Days of Horror, back during the Rick and Bubby years, and we will talk about some of the incidents that caused us to stop doing that. So we'll hear firsthand the man who was on the front lines, Speedy on Strange Encounters coming out this weekend, so be looking for that as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I was talking to Terry about that last night. Well, we were going over our schedule and Rivers coming over for a play day Thursday, and I was like, well, I got the podcast, this, that and the other. We're going to meet for a late lunch and she said podcast. I said, yes, Strange Encounters. And I said, we're going to kind of go over some of the hunting, the you know, the the little adventures we went on and all this kind of stuff. And and she said, I remember one you came home and you couldn't go to sleep, you were fidgety. You just stared ceiling all night, scared. And I told her which, I told you, Oh, I know which, And she said, that's exactly the one, and we'll discuss it because it and it's still I talked to old friend of the show, Chris Maleski Christopher Columbus yesterday and he says he still remembers, Oh, yeah, like it was last night.
Speaker 5: Sure, suddenly funny games were over that man. That's the danger of messing with this kind of stuff, which I hobe he was with us on that one too. Of course he was talk to him about.
Speaker 2: It, I'm sure.
Speaker 5: But by the way Speedy's brought up Hoby Hoby twice show is twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 5: And by the way, I'd like to for those of you that are giving feedback on the tales from the camp House episode four, the Burgess bast Battle, the brush Hogg was in the tackle box, available to anybody who wanted to use it, Okay, So I'd like to clarify that I went over to the same tackle box it was available to everybody.
Speaker 2: Didn't hear it mentioned, okay?
Speaker 5: But anyways, shows just an fy on that now, now, speedy, I know you said you had something you wanted to play for Greg.
Speaker 2: Well, I know, I know Greg, I know he is. He is okay to doze off in the afternoon, but he doesn't call it a nap. He basically he does it. He dozes right, and you can't. It's sitting straight up in a chair or couch. If you're in a bed, you're you're taking a nap.
Speaker 5: Right God it there, you're sick, okay, right, well what if I'm on the couch laying down, you're pushing it?
Speaker 2: Okay. Yeah, he definitely doesn't want you under the covers or anything like that. We've discussed that for years. Yes, okay, but.
Speaker 5: You're doing that, you are taking a nap and you are sick.
Speaker 2: Yes, But some people they just shut her down for thirty minutes to an hour every afternoon and they call it a nap. App they call it a nap, and they're like, hey, that's just what I need. There's a doctor that has basically said naps are good for you, And I want to get Greg's reaction. Just if y'all don't mind here we go hold on right now.
Speaker 12: Heart attacks, It's not a pill. It's not a medication, it's not a supplement. Nope, it's napping. We all can do it. It's free. Harvard study showed thirty seven percent decrease in heart attacks by taking three naps a week. Habitual nappers is what they called it. Men, it's even better, sixty eight percent decrease in heart attacks. Switzerland study came out looked at three thousand people between the ages of thirty five and seventy five, and they found one nap per week forty two percent decrease in heart attacks, strokes, and heart disease. That is how literally to extend your life because those three things get most people live longer.
Speaker 2: Nap it away.
Speaker 12: I just gave your permission to nap, and you can live longer doing it.
Speaker 5: You got that guy Halloween napping. What's what's he considering? Time wise?
Speaker 2: All down?
Speaker 5: Because we may be good. I dose all quite a bit when I settled down, and it makes you know a little power.
Speaker 2: Nap don't hurt. Here's what I'd like to ask Koubrees though, who has a job that allows for NASA. That's a good point. Most people get home and if you get home and nap, then you're not gonna go to sleep.
Speaker 5: You know, not since kindergarten. We get to nap at what we're putting down, the mat that's red on one side, blue.
Speaker 2: On the other. I mean, man, I never could fall asleep. And when we had this doctor Papa health, I think the doctor and then p O M p A uh is the doctor the source?
Speaker 5: No, you make the point. I remember being a little boy and I couldntnap. No a kindergarten. I never could go to sleep on that mat.
Speaker 13: Never.
Speaker 2: Then you'd have that.
Speaker 5: One kid that would be out drag mad to wake him up, slobeign yeahs out yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh you know I kind of I'm like you guys. I mean, we're not in the bed rolling over, slobbing all over a pillow or something like that. But sometimes your your days can be split in two. You know, you get home, you eat a late lunch, you know, you kind of just take a second to and then you start the second half of the day, you know, and sometimes you can sit up and kind of doze off. But he had power ten minutes and power nap. You doze off.
Speaker 5: You don't realize it. That helps, it does. But but I'm what I'm talking about people who have normal lives.
Speaker 2: When when can they nap? I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean if you get home at say you say you're say you're a nine to five, or you're not napping.
Speaker 2: Probably nap when nobody home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's almost time to go to bed. An eight to four, you know you're gonna get a nap. Then then you can't go to sleep right well, even me, by the time I get home, if I nap, I can't go to bed when I need to go.
Speaker 2: No, no, but.
Speaker 5: Now I'll get about a fifteen minute one. Now Lisa has headten straight up.
Speaker 2: You know, Greg plays sometimes when my shoes on, he plays tough like he's you know, but you know we've had Lisa on there and you look over there. You're people that just fall as late. What I can do about it?
Speaker 5: Can you take your shoes off when you get home where you keep them on the hotime? Now I'll take them off, But I mean you really you tell if you're a quick power nap, Yeah, you got your shoes on when minute you got to get up go outide?
Speaker 2: And I got you.
Speaker 10: Unless you work in retail. I feel like nobody works even the nine to five anymore. I feel like all those nine to fives or their schedules gotten looser or something. It's like, have you guys noticed how traffic gets terrible on Fridays at three?
Speaker 2: Nobody works in front.
Speaker 10: So I'm like, okay, so everybody has just permission to leave.
Speaker 5: When when did everybody get permission to leave early on Friday? Yeah, they do the traffic. You can tell by the traffic are supposed to be at work.
Speaker 10: We can all check our email on our phones now, So that kind of justifies my schedules a little loose and goosey. So I think more people are napping than they're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think a lot of we're thinking napping. I'm under the covers. I think it could be dozing off those just a little.
Speaker 5: Bit now, I will say, and I've done this before night will make you feel weird the after church now on Sunday, oh good, after church now, because sure you're not you know, you gotta you said different, But you gotta be careful because you gotta come back Monday, and you can mess up your Sunday night sleep. Yes, by the way, if I won't get big guy, it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be Sunday night. Oh yeah, all time. Yeah, I struggle to go to sleep on Sunday night. My schedules out of white. I'd say I didn't struggle last night. I was out going.
Speaker 10: You know what to wake you up at two fifteen? Is that like a little tiny little humans like tapping you on the back, and it like scares you to wake you up. You'll stay awake, terrified. You'll stay awake after that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, have you ever just open your eyes and their faces right and your terrified?
Speaker 8: Ya?
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 5: Okay, I want you guys to listen up out there Blaze TV. Boy, they just dropped an explosive investigation.
Speaker 2: You need to go see it.
Speaker 5: It's been five years since the George Floyd riots turned many Appolis upside down, and for the first time ever, three active duty Minneapolis police officers are speaking out on camera. They are remaining anonymous, but they tell the truth about what really happened. Now, these guys were there, they were on the front line when the Third Precinct you know, was abandoned and it was burned. And they're still on the job, still in uniform, and they're going to reveal something about Derek Shavin and Governor Tim Walls and the breakdown of law and order in the city is it's jaw dropping. They say that you know Derek was railroaded, that Walls completely filled them, and that they're risking their lives every day in a city that's turned its back on them. Now, if you want to see this, you got to be a Blaze TV subscriber. But right now, the first ten minutes so you can try it is free on YouTube. You just go to YouTube and search Blaze TV Minneapolis Blaze TV Minneapolis. But to see the full unfiltered investigation, you do need to be a subscriber. Now you can head to BlazeTV dot com slash rick and get twenty dollars off your subscription. Sign up, support unrelenting journalism and see what the media won't show you.
Speaker 1: America sleeps well every night just knowing these four men are on the air. So Rick, we'll just show.
Speaker 2: We got it. Sleepside America. We're good, We're here.
Speaker 5: Jang's all here, okay, So by I'm going to run down some of this. Some of your nappers. I'm amazed at your napness. I don't know how you pull that off. But anyway, all right, So US tax Shield, I know, not a great subject.
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 5: We just got through singing. Or you're ready for a good time. You're like, well, bird just ain't a good time bringing this up?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: So well, if you've got a tax issue, a tax issue, let's get it resolved. I mean, do you know what the number one collection agency in the country is, the Big Boy r S. Stop the madness right now. If you owe ten thousand dollars in more US tax Shield, you need a shield, You need an advocate. Put them to work for you. The Better Business Bureau has Rady them a plus call one eight hundred seven six y nine seven three four zero. How about a fresh start. They got a team of tax attorneys, enrolled agents. They can stop collections, get you protected. You know the rs. They can garnish. They'll garnish, sure they will. You think they won't come get your property, You better.
Speaker 2: Believe they will.
Speaker 5: So why don't you go right now to Rick Burgess show dot com. Look under the sponsors. You'll see US tax Shield. Get a guaranteed quote, get you protected today, no obligation. Call them find out what they can do. One eight hundred seven six nine seven three seven, three, four, zero, Okay, and that numbers on our website too. Alleviate these problems be done with that US tax shield. So looking at text Nation, how does this guy go back to sleep? In South Carolina? So I work seven to three and I nap from four to supper, how does he go back to sleep to.
Speaker 2: Be ready for the next day.
Speaker 5: It's to get to work at seven if I if I nap from four to supper, so supper for me. Now, we're we're old people now and we we we have a different schedule.
Speaker 2: We're we're we're.
Speaker 5: Always looking for supper at four thirty five at the latest. Yes, So for him though, he's he's different, so he's probably we think his supper is not six. He gets on that for two hours? Is he he works three? I don't know how long he takes it again, nap to supper, maybe about an hour.
Speaker 2: But then how does he go back to sleep?
Speaker 5: Well, if you look at it, really, okay, what you you're up later, but you've got some sleep on the front end. So maybe the total so he didn't have to go to bed till yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking I'm thinking he goes to bed lay so he just breaks it dow. Yeah, the overnight, the overnight. This at length is not that much.
Speaker 5: I should I say, when does anybody see him? I guess after supper. Yeah, And there's a there's a lot of this and I didn't realize it. There is a lot of people where where our.
Speaker 2: Studio used to be, in that parking deck, you know where, uh that if you ever got over there and you started kind of looking at the car, a lot of people are sitting in the cars. They were in the shade, kind of hanging out. And this this person here says, I get a quick bite to eat and take a thirty minute power nap in my car. It's the best. And I saw a lot of people kind of having lunch in their car, and I wonder if that's they just get out of the office and and then that's what they do, and so they call that their little power nap.
Speaker 5: And that place was covered really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's a good place if you want to take a.
Speaker 5: Power napp in the car nearing work, that would be a place. Well, you remember, back when I had kids that required me to come tick them up for school, I slept in the car pool line.
Speaker 2: That's it. Now.
Speaker 5: One time to the point that I had it completely.
Speaker 2: Blocked, and you wish somebody had knocked on the number one person checked to see if I was dead. Not one, But you're right, Rick, that was a power nap time which you could just shut her down.
Speaker 5: And remember that when I had the van. You know, that's back when I just said so many kids and I had the big van. It wasn't as sweet as Adlers, but it was pretty sweet.
Speaker 10: It was sweet Southern comfort. Oh yeah, I remember the brand.
Speaker 5: Yes, of course you do. That's when you don't forget right. But anyway, I would actually just be in my office. I'd be moving around there, returning calls, you know, and getting getting getting business done. I mean, I would just it was my office with wheels.
Speaker 10: It's a good time, right.
Speaker 2: You really go to sleep in that boy? Yeah, And I used to.
Speaker 5: When I first got hired a power company, I was a helper and they put me in the warehouse, which is where you learned all the material and yeah, load anyway, the balls. He was the old guy, and he was I was kind of scared of him. Anyway, He's gone to call me Gary, and I wouldn't tell any different.
Speaker 2: Anywhere at lunch.
Speaker 5: You would look in his office because there was like a window you could see, and he would turn the lights off and lay on top of his desk on his side and sleep, not on.
Speaker 3: Top of his desk, adding he did on his desk on his didn't lay down a blanket, nothing on top of his desk, laying on his side, and he's up pulled in.
Speaker 2: What would he go? All the way out? I go?
Speaker 5: And I asked the secretary, and she goes, oh, yeah, he takes a nabit here of lunch.
Speaker 2: I said, what shout there?
Speaker 5: But I'm not a good napper because I'm too quirky a sleeper when I naps because I am I'm just completely exhausted. My body says, we don't even care about your sleep courtings. We're shutting you down.
Speaker 2: I got to tell you somebody that a community that I'm more impressed with is the landscaping community. Our Hispanic friend, Uh, they can nap under a shade tree in a second, white people landscaping. I said, wow, you think the old people who landscaping is Mexican. Now I will say this now, I'm just gonna say eighty percent of the ones cite are Mexican okay, and and they've got their lunch, and they got their lunch, and they're sitting on a stump understanding some shade. And you go by and sometimes they'll be leaning against the tree and you can tell, okay, they're getting them fifteen minutes. Well, that's just part of their cult. So I think a lot of the napping is what are you doing for work? Are you? Is it physically demanding where you finally have it some time to shut down? I could see those folks, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean they're working. We'll take my Sees style get over in shade by the way, and then it's like there are an army after that. I mean that's just everybody knows what they're doing, only ones faster than the homage. Right.
Speaker 5: If you guys to see Meshkins versus Armige, see who can I guess it's all according what you're gonna do. I don't think the armage could hang with him and Tim Wilson covered this, God Rest his Soul. I do not think you can you can beat the Mexicans. That sheet rock nobody.
Speaker 2: Oh painting great?
Speaker 11: Yeah, have you ever seen those trends of there's like this trend where it's like the the if a Mexican guy has a wife, what the wife packs for him for lunch?
Speaker 10: It is these amazing homemade meals and it's like very common culturally for them. And these homemade meals that these women are packaged. These dudes, no wonder they're taking a nap because it's like, I mean, we're talking all kinds of stuff, good Mexican food.
Speaker 5: I think that what happened at my house here recently was a was a shift in the norm. I'm going to tell you exactly what happened on this gutter thing, okay, And it was a shift in the norm. Haven't seen this. It was a shift, little shift in the norm, shift shift in. I attempted to hire people that, based on their accent, probably were of Latin descent. Couldn't get them to come to work and do the gutters, couldn't get them to come too.
Speaker 2: Busy, that may be it.
Speaker 5: And all of a sudden, you know who, as I told Joe, you know, I come home and I'm just going to be completely transparent here. When I finally got the email and somebody said these are the people get it done, I fully expected no offense. I fully expected to come home and see Mexicans all over the gutters. And when I and when I and when I came home, you had one white guy working his butt off And I was shocked.
Speaker 10: That is shocking.
Speaker 5: And he got after it and he got it done. I was shocked. It's been a long time since I've seen a white guy get the job done with no Mexican help. Wow, it's a shift.
Speaker 2: At least. Haven't got down on the ground being his ground man.
Speaker 5: No nothing, Hey, complete whitey getting it done. You don't see that much anymore. You don't really see a white guy working hard anymore. It was good to see it, Yeah, I mean really getting after it.
Speaker 2: Do the homage nap, I guarantee you they now they nap standing up holding the stud. I mean it's probably required.
Speaker 5: They hold it the next stud for the deck, and they sleep holding.
Speaker 10: They sliding other than him, and then as soon as as soon as their rooster goes off, they wake up as this because they don't use technology, and they go milk cows.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 10: I will say, sometimes you'll have a solo white guy. Solo white guy will get a lot of stuff done. You ever noticed that that's what I had. That's what I had, solo white.
Speaker 2: Solo white guys. You didn't have Larry Wayne distracting him.
Speaker 10: Right right now? Maybe three three white guys sometimes not as good as a solo white guy. They'll kind of hang out and be buddies.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 2: I've seen that happen here.
Speaker 10: They're talking about their plans afterward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they call those every time I passed some no offense city workers. Y'all are great, but sometimes you know, you'll pass and six are watching and ones working, and now they would say, well, there's only one that could be doing what they're doing. We're waiting our turn. I get that, but there's the running joke.
Speaker 10: But look, it's bad. It's a bad look a lot.
Speaker 2: I see that a lot we heard.
Speaker 5: And I'm not gonna call him by name, but some mayor that used to work here recommended this guy and his mom needed some work before she moved.
Speaker 2: Oh not this guy. Okay, nice guy was he?
Speaker 5: But I think he would show up about nine and then he'd go eat lunch at eleven.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't bring it. I remember this guy. Then he'd mos him back and worked a couple more hours. Then he'd head to the house. Yeah, he I think he worked maybe three hours.
Speaker 5: But it's funny they didn't get there until, you know, nearly ten o'clock and he go to lunch eleven thirty. Greg, what I'm trying to say. What I'm trying to say is it's possible Honkys are back.
Speaker 2: This guy that I met with I lost hope. Yeah, that's truck. So so anyway, we'll be back. We got a lot more to cover, all right, the imish and one for nappers. They naps. This guy just need a breather and then you're back at it. All right, we'll be back hanging.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. The people who don't like this show, you wouldn't like anyway, the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 5: All right, So some of you, we're starting to figure out after this story that Speedy played, you're really finding some.
Speaker 2: Creative ways to get a napping. That's interesting if you missed it. It's a doctor that is on Instagram and he said that with heart attacks and stress and and all that at high that napping at least three times a week is good for you. And uh, and I know that, Greg, when you hear when you hear nap. You do think under the cover and all that, but worring to those that are texting and emailing, nap can be I'm in my car, it's lunch, you know, I'm in my office chair. I've dozed off for twenty minutes. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 5: Since we got six minute commercial break at the top of the hour, I'm going to sleep for four Here's what I want you to do for four minutes. Here's what I want you to I want you to go into your office and left on your desk, like I.
Speaker 2: Got on this side, on your side and pull them easy.
Speaker 5: I thought he I was like, what is wrong in there? And I said, I see, he takes a nap every day, has an.
Speaker 2: Hour lunch whenever we've talked about this, so this isn't new. But where we met when you worked in radio in Oxford, and I would I started, you know, I was at I was working from college, and so I would pick up an afternoon shift and sometimes i'd be out DJ and lay and I'd have that Saturday morning shift or a Saturday midday shift, and I was so tired trying. So you you said something about songs and stuff when there's a long song. Don't think I didn't set my alarm and go to sleep during the sung.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got, I got, I got burned on that bad well.
Speaker 2: The next I was going to say, I woke up one time with the owner of the station tapping me on the shoulder, you know, waking me up because it was dead air. So that means there was enough dead air for him to get in his car and drive to the station.
Speaker 5: And I want you to understand, to be.
Speaker 2: Because back then you didn't have computers to where you could just make a playlist and just and babysit, you know you and you were playing elements through CDs and all that cars, playing them through the cars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you don't, if you think that was bad being the afternoon guy, try running like that and being the morning guy. Because when they moved me to mornings for the first time in my radio run, I thought life had ended. I was like, what are you talking about? Anybody live there? And they were treating it like it was a promotion, and I said, this is not a promotion for me, this is disaster. I'm the afternoon drive guy. I got it, just like I like it. I don't have to be to work at work to one pm, and I'm free again at like seven.
Speaker 2: What are y'all doing to my life?
Speaker 5: And I got to be here at five and they were like, yeah, well, I mean they'd be times, unfortunately, unfortunately, thank you for redemption Lord. Unfortunately. I mean i'd be looking at two thirty. Yeah, and I'm still running. And I just sometimes come on in, come on in, and uh and then try to find a way to sleep, which is hard to do during the radio show. But you try all kinds of weird things. And of course, you know, you probably sometimes don't need to let your friends sleep in there.
Speaker 2: That upsets everybody. Yeah, uh but best job. But hey, I needed to write the best job I had.
Speaker 5: Time wise, I've worked in the garage at the Power like and oh it's different now. They put you out there in the linkers right early. But in those days you had to work your way up, you cut grass whatever. Anyway. They put you as a helper in the garage. You have the mechanics, work on the equipment. I didn't have to be there until nine o'clock.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I loved it. That was awesome. You have it late night. I gotta be there to that. Greg as the band. What said a Drunkard's dream if I ever heard it? But because you can meet Greg. I know you have said that you have had to stop at an exit, get out and just walk around town. I have you ever stopped because I have not recently, but back in the day and just had to take like ten minute power and app. I used to do that at work.
Speaker 5: I would call and say, look, I'm not gonna make it home if I don't pull over because we've been working over twenty four hours, that's right, And they say, well, do what you gotta do. And it's amazing. Fifteen minutes it does get me home.
Speaker 2: You know, you're right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the oh I woke up driving off from the medium. Come on, man, slung me up. What the awful one? You were talking about?
Speaker 2: Speedia?
Speaker 5: And this is some pulling back the curtain a little bit. So when you work at a radio station, you have the studio like we're talking right now, but there's another studio usually that's called a production room, and you'd go in there and it would be that up a lot of times, just like the live studio, and you went in there to do commercials, promos. You know, if you were doing bits you were putting together and go in there. It's like a recording studio, but it has a board and everything just like this one. And so I had to record the weather for the AM station. They were a combo AMFM combo in this little building. So I went into the production room very sleepy. I'll just leave it at that, extremely sleepy. And so you're waiting. In the old days, when you recorded something, you put it on a on a cart and you had to wait for the queue back up. So you go put it in the system. One of the first early stages of an automated system. It was like an elevator music station AM. And so I'm waiting, and so I closed my eyes waiting. Well I'm gone. I go completely asleep. Okay, well I wake up. I'm so confused. I think I'm in the studio, but I'm in the production room. So I literally put in a song and start playing it. Think got it, got us back on there, and I'm sitting in there. Now I'm in the wrong studio. So so so all of a sudden, I look at the hotlines ringing.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what what what was that? I got? The hits?
Speaker 5: This hits are rolling and I pick up and the owner again says, we got dead air.
Speaker 2: I said, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Bob singers rolling yeah, And he's like, he goes, there's no Bob Singer on the station.
Speaker 2: And I said, I'm playing Bob Singer right now. I'm still wrong.
Speaker 5: I'm sitting in there, and he was like, where are you?
Speaker 2: And I look around.
Speaker 5: I said, oh my gosh, I'm in the wrong studio.
Speaker 2: And so that's that's that should have been a wake up call.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know what this explains. But naked Fridays it does accident.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good.
Speaker 5: Well it started off, it was not planned, and I thought, well, this seemed to go over well. Yeah, so I've said a few folks, the receptions, the reception, this is not overly thrilled.
Speaker 2: He looked like, actually, fun.
Speaker 5: I got cornered on that by head the Cowboy. By I got cornered on that by my wife. She goes all, let's let's go back to these idiot days. And I'm like okay. She goes, was that just a was that just a bit? And I was like, well, the world will never know. But that was the whole thing about it. And those of you that don't know that. In my wilder days of early radio, I did a promotion on the celebrate kicking off the weekend on Fridays. It was called button Neeked Friday, and I would I would do the show nude strategically positioned over the air conditioned bent and that.
Speaker 2: Was the bit. And then the whole thing was is it is it? Really?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it fair? Whatever?
Speaker 5: And I actually.
Speaker 2: So that was the ongoing thing, and of course shares like, well, you know, I've been married to you for thirty years, you can tell me and and I'm like, I don't know, it's gonna keep it maybe so maybe not right, But I think Adler said a bit best.
Speaker 5: Not most of the time, you know, like probably it's origination that might have happened, you know. I mean, let's face it, in those days, if I was in the wrong studio didn't know it, I may have also been doing the show with no clothes on. It took me a while for yeah, truly, but but no, it was, it was, it was. It was a funny thing. And when the enter of the mind right, and then when things changed, it's just not appropriate. But but now it's not right. It was never appropriate, but it was. It was a funny bit, though, and it got a lot of attention. So Greg's talking about a TV station interviewed me one time to try to get to the bottom of it, and I did the interview shirtless, mad at.
Speaker 2: While wearing a cowboy sharp mullet. Didn't I want nothing but a cowboy.
Speaker 5: Nobody wants that, Tom of the iur thanks for being with us, America.
Speaker 2: Don't run in the rain. But it's okay. It does off every night, now right, I guess, so we'll be right back. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 14: You better listen up.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: Like we say, loss, I'm gonna tell you you gotta.
Speaker 10: Find those.
Speaker 15: The voice of reason in an unreasonable world. The Rick Burches Show.
Speaker 2: How about in America? Brand you I were rolling now Speedy, Greg Adler, the gang all here. Thank you for being with us. We got a lot to do. Box seats are showing up later on Burgess Ball Battle coming today. That means that old will of bundles, bits and monks is gonna spin. I wouldn't say it's been cold or hot, it's been medium. It's been media.
Speaker 3: Let's not cold, okay, So starting out the IUR some great questions from you the audience.
Speaker 2: We love love to get the emails from you and run them down everybody.
Speaker 5: Go a lot of these kind of going with the theme from the first IUR, and we're not going to do all of them. We'll space them out throughout the show today as we normally do. But this is interesting a question, and you may be surprised at the answer.
Speaker 2: Hey Bird, Hey Burge.
Speaker 5: This comes from Tera, loving Loving, Loving the new bit about you Rick becoming handy. I think you guys should maybe call it maybe Rick the Builder and make fun of it, like and use the Bob the Builder theme whatever. But anyway, my question is this, why does Greg seem to be handy but you're not. You both grew up with the same father, the Great Coach Burgess. Is it Greg's time as alignment that made the difference? Loving the new show, Loving tales from the camp House podcast that series. Thank you so much for that. Uh it makes me laugh and that's terror. Uh yeah, you may be surprised. I don't recall Dad being very handy at all. Uh he was, he didn't seem to care about it. I never really saw him being handy. Now you know some of the rigs he put together, like the like the croppy light down down the backyard.
Speaker 2: Just I'm just telling you that.
Speaker 5: He was good with like boats and stuff like that, outdoor stuff. Sure, but as far as dad fixing something at the house, being under the sink, fixing the sink, the toll that that never never really saw that.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 5: So so I think most of your stuff you did pick up.
Speaker 2: At the power cut. Yeah right, yeah, right, yeah right. You think you can consider yourself handy. I'm not put it this way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if I want to be, I'm one of these I kind of if it's a hasslet, I don't want to fool with it like I gotta, Rick, I may need you on this.
Speaker 2: I got a ballas go bad in the garage. I gotta change out in the light. Okay, but all right, let me do that. You need me to notice that flip it? You need me in it? Would you bring your Yeah, I'm all over that.
Speaker 10: All right, I'm gonna put I'm gonna put some right on the screen. I'm gonna put a lin on the screen. Rick, tell me what is a ballast?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 10: My computer sprit frozen. But you get the point. Uh, do you know what a ballast is?
Speaker 5: Rick, It's uh, it's the actual fixture that the light goes in.
Speaker 10: Okay, that counts all right?
Speaker 2: That was that closer. I love your conviction. That makes sense.
Speaker 10: What well you you were vague with the term fixture, but I'll.
Speaker 2: Pass like you.
Speaker 5: It's the thing you put the light in and and and then it gets power, right am I close?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Now, Greg, are you you're talking to right to light?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, Greg? Watch watch guy?
Speaker 5: No, yeah, but you got changed about you're just putting the ball man.
Speaker 10: Greg, it's not it's not like a twist bowl.
Speaker 5: Rick.
Speaker 10: Okay, okay, you're rotating rotating.
Speaker 2: That was good. And you got to take those out to get your shoulder hurts. I know, listen, I know.
Speaker 5: That LED's you don't have to have a ballast, but these are the original lights I put in my house. I just changed the ballast. Go to LED's.
Speaker 2: What are you in? Buss us up in there and I can just change the ballast out in five minutes. Okay, Oh take us it. So it's simple.
Speaker 5: But anyway, to be honest, I couldn't find the last time I tried to go led I couldn't find the long I know, well they brought it don't matter, but I needed to fit where the other one is. So greg right, if you wanted to talk to Dad about the great outdoors and the way you can get your gear room all that, he was great, Hey, Dad, the something's broken needs to be fixed around the house.
Speaker 2: And yeah, you kind of live and learn throughout life, and you, you know, you try to fix things and then you realize, well, now I've made a mess. It's going to cost me more to get it fixed. But yeah, I tell you, you try to kind of sit back and go, all right, is it I just need to go ahead and pay somebody to come in here and get this done, or no, I can fix that, like you know, and it's it's a tough decision, but sometimes it's pretty obvious.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm a no hassle guy, so I always go with the pros. But now since I'm getting a little more handy, I'm telling I'm telling sure, we may save a little money. And now I'm doing that thing. If somebody's over, I'll kind of walk out and see what they're doing. Hey, guess they love that. That seems to be their favorite.
Speaker 2: Yes, they love it.
Speaker 8: And you know what.
Speaker 5: I told a guy the other day, and it was a great conversation. It was when they were changing out the water tanks, you know, and I had to get a you know, uh, what's somebody the badass? When I was supposed to cut a water heater, not a hot water heat, a water heater. And I actually asked him because it came in. It was kind of awkward. He's in my house, he's down there.
Speaker 2: I said, okay, can I just go ahead and cut to the chase he's at You're I said, I don't know what to do with myself. Now.
Speaker 5: Can I just walk off while you do this? Do you need me to stay here?
Speaker 6: Ye?
Speaker 5: Over my shoulder? Should I check periodically? Do you want to converse? What would you like? I just I'll do whatever, man, I would like to walk away? And he goes, yeah, please do And I was like, okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: So you had to come on out. I didn't know what to do with myself.
Speaker 5: You're you've got touch over greeter to you too. I brought him in, I got him to where the problem was. I explained to him the problem problem. He diagnosed the problem. Now he's ready to get to get it done. And and it just feels a little odd. You don't know what to do yourself after that. Yeah, would you agree, yes.
Speaker 10: Yes, But normally that's an inside dialogue.
Speaker 2: It's not like said out loud.
Speaker 10: Normally you know, well, you know, let's get it out and no, yeah, uh speedy you you mentioned it. Sometimes you sometimes it's very clear, like all right, I'm not going to take this on right. Sometimes you're like.
Speaker 2: I can do this. Maybe.
Speaker 10: So I found that line. I was hanging several fixtures in my house to just updating the lighting.
Speaker 2: When we moved in, got to the fans.
Speaker 10: I wanted to put some fans in out and in my in my bedroom, I start, so I take the old fixture down. That's good. We got a clean slate, and it just, you know, an hour and a half later, I've stripped screws up in the ceiling. I've got a dry wall raining down into my eyes. I'm like, all right, I've blinked drywall out of my eyes for the last time. So fixtures, yes, right, ceiling fan, I guess no, I'm a no on this.
Speaker 2: If you need me, I'm here.
Speaker 5: By the way, I got a ceiling and I got to put up to you, I got a different one.
Speaker 2: I keep putting it off. There's nothing to it.
Speaker 10: I just I stripped the screws up in there and I'm standing on the bed, which is a horrible idea.
Speaker 8: Gone.
Speaker 5: But Dad was very much I want you to imagine nowadays. Okay, tell you how much of a different culture we grew up in. Dad needed a light back with the dog pin one. It's a long way from that, and that's probably what you think back there. It wasn't a full acre, but it was probably.
Speaker 2: In our mind it was probably bigger.
Speaker 5: It was a huge backyard. It was pretty long. Dad just connects from the house and runs a line all the way down the middle of the yard to a pine tree and puts like a croppy lot or a booger lot up in the pine tree.
Speaker 2: They gave him a lot.
Speaker 5: It would just flip the switch at the house and it would run. So so of course you got little boys. You know what that turned into. All right, you got to kick it over that wire for an extra point. Yeah, but we just lived the rest of our lives with a giant wire right down in the middle of the yard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, got it done.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine even proposing that to your wife. Now tell what I can do.
Speaker 10: I take his wire like an extension cord or.
Speaker 5: That's what it was, just some kind of some electrical wire about about. It had kind of the about the size of insulated insulated like an extension cord that went right down the middle of the yard.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh hey, Birch hay Burge. My name is Jack. What's up?
Speaker 5: I live outside of Indianapolis.
Speaker 2: What up? I'm an archive listener.
Speaker 5: I heard you giving Eddie van Adler a hard time about a battery powered lawnmower. I don't think he got a hard time on that didn't got.
Speaker 2: Caught he was. He was actually giving himself a hard time.
Speaker 5: Of course, his month to go ahead, and you I'm taking his side. I also have a battery powered mower and I love it. All I do is charge the batteries for the mower the night before I mow smooth selling it gets the job done. I love the idea of you making challenge coins too. Please as a navy veteran, let me know because I keep a collection of them as well, and I want to add the Rick Burgess Show collection coin to my collection. I'm becoming a first time father, very soon too. So would you guys say a prayer for me? Sure, we will love the new show that's from Jack just outside of Indianapolis. So he says he has one at and he loves it. Well, then we had a texture the other day that said that they had one liked it till the batteries got bad and they had to pay a ton to replace them.
Speaker 2: That's the problem with batteries. That's why I got out of the battery atv oh.
Speaker 5: I really wanted one because they're so quiet hunting and it does make a difference, by the way. Oh yeah, I pulled right up and did not even move. But once those batteries start going bad, you start getting in a lot of money and a lot of hassle.
Speaker 10: Get yeah, I've already got the batteries. That's that's why I kind of went into that world already.
Speaker 2: And then I've got to actually, don't be ashamed. You've got people with you.
Speaker 10: I've got a uh uh, like a six court battery charger, but also like battery tender, so to speak. Get like keep them healthy because if you let them sit, if you let those batteries sit, they don't like to be staying fully charged.
Speaker 2: For a long time.
Speaker 10: They don't like being fully dead for a long time. It's like a spring.
Speaker 2: If you need my help, I know how to put one on the charger. Okay, I'm over.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Warning in order to truly benefit from this show, you must have a sense of humor. So like nothing that's this and enjoy the Rick Bridges Show.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go. Thanks you for being with us America. We're got some of your phone calls in here later.
Speaker 5: We also have a few more Hey Bird, Hey Birds conversation starters from the email. Oh my, so it has a wow Uh, simply safe dot com slash big Box. There there is no safe like simply safety.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: They are leaders in the industry.
Speaker 5: And you know what when you're when you're locking up your home and you're putting in that code, you're also unlocking peace of mind. And if you have been thinking about the ground breaking innovations that simply safe dot Com slash Big Box continue to roll out in the security industry, this is the time to do it, because we're gonna get you fifty percent off a new system. Yes, simply safe dot Com slash Big Vox fifty percent off or look for that link at Rick Burgess Show. Dot Com under sponsors the Active Guard Protection. This outdoor protection AI powered cameras spot and engage suspicious individuals proactively. I mean they're they're engaging in real time. It's one thing to react to something going wrong. What about stopping it from ever happening? Simply safe dot com slash big vox put them to work for you and unlock that peace of mind that only they provide at fifty percent off. Right now, there's no safe like simply safe dot com slash big vox. So a couple of stories. By the way, Text Nation Greg is showing you that is that Tammy from one thousand pounds sisters? Yeah, she's lost four hundred pounds, yes, and she's in a swimsuit. It looks kevin yeah right man? Is it like a Pixar character? I don't know, to someome person. She has a person she looks like.
Speaker 2: But it looks a lot like lost.
Speaker 5: I will say this though, what if you walk you can remove us up?
Speaker 2: Next? What if you.
Speaker 5: Walked up on a pool unsuspecting and also that her head came up.
Speaker 2: Out of the water like I mean, I'm glad she's lost so much. We of course, we're all. But Greg Man, did she look better heavier? Well, I mean, I don't say this.
Speaker 5: I know it's a lot healthier when you when you shed four hundred and forty pounds. Yes, it is, heyse that when they show throwbacks, I forgot how huge she was.
Speaker 2: Her forehead was fast. Now you said that they would take out the back seat and she would sit in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she couldn't find the back seat.
Speaker 2: Wake up call. That's welcome. I sent you an adler a message on Instagram of a video that you've probably seen when they slammed on brakes and she went into the passenger seat in the back and she's like she was trapped. Yeah, she's had a tough time. I did that.
Speaker 5: But y'all saw her zip line in the other day, we did. She's living life to as far.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 5: Good for her, I say, good for her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 10: I found it speedt.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, are you serious? Yeah? This is great. This is I mean, it's not new, but I just I saw it and I and I sent it to the two of them because I knew they would love it, especially this one right here. And I'm looking at Greg. Yeah, yeah, because I told my message him something. He squeen. Look, I wish some of you wouldn't just send pictures though, Yeah, because that text nation shocks.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, Look both of them are still huge.
Speaker 2: Then mhm.
Speaker 10: Can't get out, you know, to say, both of them still.
Speaker 2: You listen to it again, listen to it again, and it keeps going. She's like, Jammy, yeah right now.
Speaker 5: Amy was gigantic too, and.
Speaker 2: They were so big.
Speaker 10: The thousand pounds sisters, the.
Speaker 5: Husband driving, he's out, he's been gone.
Speaker 2: Okay, run him off. Oh yeah, they run them off.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well he what was his deal? Why did they run him?
Speaker 2: He just all they want to do is surround play video games stuff.
Speaker 10: So he was too lazy for the thousands.
Speaker 5: Now that's he's got two little boys. I want you to imagine that if the rest of your life you had to deal with I was so lazy the one thousand pounds sisters got rid of me.
Speaker 2: Look at that guy, all right, so he's got he's got two kids. Uh huh yeah, where are the are the kids in the show? Oh yeah, they're little guys. They're little guys.
Speaker 5: They got a little wed on them. Now, not okay, we'll got not not yet. You know you see that sometimes Listen the entire family, they have all had gas row bypass and they're they're all they've slimmed up. The older ones said where they are now? The brother he's funny. But you know when you have things that and I had it in my own life. But you know when somebody said, so what was the days you had your wake up call? And I have mine? And uh mine has to be why I couldn't get in the van until they took the back seat. That yeah, that do it, That would do it now, Tammy, she's weight, she's wanting skin removal, but she had to quit vapor before they do it, or something about the little little tid.
Speaker 2: Bits like that. That's what makes it.
Speaker 5: She had to quit vapor. Nicotine summary is not good when it comes to skin removal. Well, nicotine is not good period. Really, I don't think is a good thing.
Speaker 10: And didn't didn't she have to be like below a certain weight for the skin removal.
Speaker 5: Or she got below the way she was just struggling to get rid of that vape man.
Speaker 2: That next that next lost weight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're just something about this this line. You lost over four hundred pounds.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 5: And so you're you've made it. You you're up for skin removal what not yet? So why how come I can't stop vaping?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 2: If I need something else to Maybe you think you.
Speaker 5: Would think getting your skin right would make you stop vaping? Yeah, right, you would.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: It's got a biggie for tam. We got bit by camel, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you love that so funny. We covered that one that wasn't It was arrested.
Speaker 5: He possession of marijuana.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: See, she had a permit for one statement on state she was in.
Speaker 2: That's crucial. She had a medical permit, right.
Speaker 5: If you're going to be smoking marijuana, be sure you got your permit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to have all that right, right.
Speaker 5: And they're all mad at her because she's rid of she's moving in with this guy and he ain't known him but a month.
Speaker 2: She's moved in with him. Yeah, so they're all mad. Well, she's in the process, one of them.
Speaker 5: One of them went to the other team, right, Yeah, Big Tammy.
Speaker 10: What her name is just Tammy, Greg, it's not Big timmy forehead.
Speaker 5: She's changed squad versus Caleb died. You're saying for her, the month of June. It's all different now, it is, right, and that is that featured in the show.
Speaker 2: Not too many you watch it because I see that you looking at pictures and you're squinting like you're heard. It's tough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I'm telling you. The way they talk to each other, it's just funny. That's my favorite part. Right, They are rough bunch man, and you're calling genuine article, which I know is only absolutely Yeah. You don't want any part of somebody pretending to be something. No, you have to be the genuine Listen, these are the greatest actors in the world or the genuine article.
Speaker 2: And I'm going with that. Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if someone was doing these as characters as actors, it wouldn't be a funny No, I wouldn't even watch I got you listen the ain't they always threatened to woop somebody's.
Speaker 10: That's not funny, Greg, there's nothing funny about that.
Speaker 2: It's got you, doesn't This is funny? You get way?
Speaker 16: What is wrong?
Speaker 10: What you's got to stop watching this show?
Speaker 2: Fine, you gotta stop watching this show. The bottom of the hour. We'll be right back and stuck up.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Get a signed copy of Rick's you book Men Don't Run in the Ring for Father's Day by going to Themanchurch dot com.
Speaker 5: Okay, so update went over there to Ironhill Press, our publisher again yesterday and signed another three hundred and something books. So we're getting them out to you as quick as we possibly can Americas Aper, so we will get them to you by Father's Day. But the cutoff if you want to sign copy, the cutoff is going to be Monday, June the ninth. That'd be the last day that we can take any of those orders. So the signed copies of Men Don't Run in the Rain. You can access that by using the links that we have at Rick Burgess Show dot com, Themanchurch dot com as you just heard, and also Burgessministries dot com. But be sure you look on the right hyperlink that says click here for signed copy, and you can only use those links if you're getting them off Amazon or all the other options. Then there's no signed book option there. You don't care about it being signed, then find.
Speaker 2: That you can get them just about anywhere. Okay.
Speaker 5: So a couple of things going on we we we've had apparently in Murphy'sboro Tennessee. We'll let you hear this audio clip that Speedy's got. There was an incident. It looks like it has it's been resolved, we think, uh, but but listen to this.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. Yeah it is.
Speaker 4: I was shocked, for sure, but also in awe, you know, to be that close to, you know, this big animal like that, So I was. I was definitely amazed by it and a little bit scared for it as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we're talking about we're talking about zebra and escaped zebra.
Speaker 2: Look at that.
Speaker 5: There's the zebra just on the side of the road and Murphy'sboro, Tennessee. The owners obtained the zebra on Friday night and then reported it missing on Saturday. Wow, they didn't happen a long and they wanted to go back where it game. It escaped into a wooded area off Interstate twenty four where it was wreaking havoc.
Speaker 2: Somebody's got in alsack. It's just running through.
Speaker 5: I want you to imagine living in a cul de sac in Murphy'sboro, Tennessee, and needs the water as you're lawn right. He sees we've had plenty of rain. How does he let that happen. Uh, And so the zebra just comes walking through the could des act and it's.
Speaker 10: Not a small zebra. It's a full like horse sized adult.
Speaker 5: That's your big boy. That's your big boy right there the stripe.
Speaker 2: You ever see him get the kicking and the line's coming after him.
Speaker 5: So he don't realize he's got it made. Here there's no lines to eat it or anything.
Speaker 2: I know, just here.
Speaker 5: Here's another steal shot in this picture, and it's running down the power line. I mean, like you be hunting deer and there goes there you go. Well, the Sheriff's office didn't say how or where the owners got the zebra or where it was being housed at the time of its escape escape, So I'd like to know where it came from, wouldn't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we had kangaroos loose around Montgomery. Now we've got zebra's loose in murphys.
Speaker 10: Borough and cats living together.
Speaker 5: It's like he's just, yeah, who a little trip. He's checking everything out. I can't imagine that a zebra doesn't want to be in somebody's chain leak fence in the backyard of Murphy's Borough. Yeah, this animals, would you like to ride a zebra.
Speaker 10: Zebra, Yes, I would. This footage is the most dramatic. Right here there the zebras running alongside a vehicle, and they caught it on camera. Here. It looks like the zebra struggles with concrete by the way, because it's going to go from grass on the side of the road onto the pavement and it probably feels weird. It's uh oh, wow, she struggles. He almost almost eats it right here, almost false on him.
Speaker 2: Right, oh, we almost feel.
Speaker 10: But you mentioned there's a tag on him. There's a tag on him too, Yeah, he's tagged.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Happy?
Speaker 14: What is this?
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: They won't let us know who had it? Where? Why is there? Why? Why is that?
Speaker 5: You just get a zebra in Murphy'sboro, Tennessee? Can I just get a zebra? Now?
Speaker 2: There was one in Jacksonville? For uh, I saw it one time.
Speaker 5: But he's always got something to do with Jacksonville, it does somebody saw one over there. You'll see things like that. No, it was in this pasture.
Speaker 2: I know. I don't know why.
Speaker 5: Yeah, God forbid that we just let the zebra, you know, roam the beautiful plains of the Serengetti we bring.
Speaker 2: We want to bring him to Murphy's Borough in Jacksonville.
Speaker 5: Out of them here, I mean, he'll live way longer. Well, no, that is true, but I don't think he'll live as well though. Now you got to worry about lions most of the time. Honestly, the zebras win. But think about this too, when it gets that drought time of year and they're all finding over that one mud hole. That's true, that's true.
Speaker 10: Okay, it turns out you can own a zebra in Tennessee. It is a Class three species regulated by the Tennessee Department of Agriculture. But you should know that zebras can't be domestic, they say, because they're too unpredictable. Other Class three animals permitted for personal ownership under state law and crew include giraffes, bison. You can own a bison ostriches, but animals deemed inherently dangerous to humans, like lions, gorillas, wolves can only be owned by zoos or circuses.
Speaker 5: I must say a zebra is dangerous to people, that the kick, bike, the bite too't.
Speaker 2: They will?
Speaker 10: They're like the wild mohawk brothers of the horse world.
Speaker 5: You know, a zebra is an interesting cat when you see the zebra, that's an interesting looking animal.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 10: They say they can recognize each other from the stripes. The zebras can because they're all unique. It's like a fingerprint.
Speaker 2: I think I think you threw that. I'm being straight up. I'm being straight up.
Speaker 5: I have heard that about the stripes, but I think you're adding that's how they recognize each other.
Speaker 10: No, they can. And uh and it also so supposedly like confuses lions when you see a whole bunch of stripes when they're all together and heard, so that helps them be kind.
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard them make that noise? In mate? It's kind of weird. It's weird.
Speaker 10: It's not like a horse sound.
Speaker 2: No, it's strange. It's a strange sound picture. You're fishing at your pond. Okay, this is it right there, and you hear that. You hear that, and you look over your shoulder, and that's me riding through the pasture. Want that we're digging. It was pretty good. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Wasn't there some sort of movie where somebody wrote a uh yeah, Swiss family Robinson? No, whatn't that what in Xena like she's supposed to be in some Tarzan type female character and she was riding, but they.
Speaker 2: Come to find out it was just a painted horse.
Speaker 5: It was just a painted horse because nobody could really ride a zebra to Adler's point.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and then there's that documentary Racing Stripes.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I forgot about.
Speaker 10: It based on a true story. Yeah, I'm just kidding that. Yeah, Sena, you guys are right by Sheena Queen of the Jungle, correct.
Speaker 5: I knew there was something like that, and they could never get a zebra, just wouldn't cooperate, so they finally just painted a horse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so there it is.
Speaker 10: I remember that in nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 5: Also, Greg King of the Hill voice actor has been murdered. Wow, everybody keeps asking now you you're you're familiar with King of the Hill.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I haven't watched in years, but I had some of the past. It's one of the few cartoons that I'll watch, isn't Yeah, Yeah, the I can't really watch adult cartoons or something, but it just feels wrong. Yeah, and a lot of them can be a little this is funny. Yeah, King of Hill's funny. Yeah, something show. Some of them can be a little.
Speaker 2: Yeah, A little can be a little victor.
Speaker 5: I mean no, I'm sorry. Voice actor Jonathan Jonathan Johnson and he's the Indian character.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there is that, right, John Redcorn.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's been he's been murdered, okay by a neighbor. Is that by neighbor? Neighbor killed him? So that's the world. Yeah, that's a big story today.
Speaker 10: The I'm gonna handle this. We go lightly.
Speaker 2: Why would you do this?
Speaker 10: He was also a casino owner in so he was like a live action actor in Parks and rec He was the Indian casino owner who was very funny in that also. But evidently he had a boyfriend and the boyfriend is saying that it was a hate crime. Yeah, I'm motivated by their relationship.
Speaker 5: Hope not the neighbor hate crime with a neighbor.
Speaker 10: Hate crime with a neighbor was what the boyfriend of Jonathan Redcorn is saying. By the way, his name is Jonathan Joss and he played John Redcorn.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 5: That is interesting, speaking of of relationships. And I don't know if this is good or bad news for Buffalo Bills fans. Josh Allen has gotten married. Do you think that, I mean that can be a Polish famous or something. I don't know who Hailey Steinfeld is.
Speaker 10: Yes, she's incredibly famous.
Speaker 2: Really, we should know who she is.
Speaker 10: I don't know who she is the movies singing.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Versus maybe I have no idea who this person is.
Speaker 2: I don't know who she is.
Speaker 10: We should know.
Speaker 2: All I know is Josh Allen is married now Disney. I don't know.
Speaker 5: So he he has he has gotten married, you know. And and Larry David was at his wedding for some reason.
Speaker 2: That's weird. He is Larry David is there? Okay, she's an actress.
Speaker 10: Oh, she's the girl. She's the girl from True Grit.
Speaker 2: You little girl, she's grown up. It's great in that movie. Yes, all grown she's all grown up. Well, I hope.
Speaker 5: So she just married Josh Allen. If she's still the little girl from True Grit, this is weird. Nobody arrests Josh Pete Road.
Speaker 10: That's really her, y'all? Okay, so I do know who that is?
Speaker 2: Not really, it's all figuring it out live, that's what. Yeah, she was here? What that movie?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do like the I like the new one back. I know it's pretty good. You can't say that in front of Greg because of the John Wayne thing.
Speaker 10: He rides that horse. Speaking of horses and stever, she rides that horse across the river.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this is the Rick Burgers Show. Did you miss part of the show today? Catch the entire show on your own time by going to our YouTube or podcast channel for the day's show archive. Find them both at rick burgershow dot com.
Speaker 5: Never have to miss a minute, grab it on your own time. It's simple on the YouTube channel or the podcast channel.
Speaker 2: Either way it works all right. So working our way back, Go ahead.
Speaker 5: I'm a rilla by morning, so I won't be going to Amarillo, but Seminole, Texas. Yeah, coming up this weekend, So men's event on Saturday night. I'll be preaching on Sunday morning, Lord Willing. I'll be getting up bright and early, early, early early on Saturday and making my way to Lubbock and then heading on over to Seminal Texas. Looking forward to seeing all of you that will be there. And they do have they did get copies of Men Don't Run in the Rain. So men, if you're coming to that event, the book will be available for you. And I'm happy to sign it while I'm there if you so desire, okay, and you can get those details at themanchurch dot com under event. So Greg George Straight, here we go. Well, no, no, I just we want to you know, all things George Straight, because he's the true don't I like him? He's the trouber door by the way, I got an email somebody said that, but I don't want to get anything started. But they they were guilted into going to the concert with his wife and he said I I said, I sure him, glad that carry Underwood made it a guesst appearance. So but anyway, he just said it wasn't it was. I mean the music, you know, if you like the music, it's great, but not a lot exciting.
Speaker 10: So U I want him to do jumping jacks.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I don't even care. I don't know. I'm just saying.
Speaker 5: There was a person that said that, you know they understand where Gray is coming from from. Well, we have a recording from But you'll like this, Greg. This is this that we're trying to We're trying to get you in George Straight on the same page. And I think you'll like that. Yeah, because I know one thing you love and you love America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a legendary sing that.
Speaker 5: Just because I don't I'm not a particular fan doesn't mean he's not right. People that think he is is that they're wrong. I didn't say that, right, Well, kind of you tend to have that kind of attitude. Just show you know, well the story you were told. I've heard that from other individuals too.
Speaker 2: He's he has partnered George Strait has with military warriors. See the Ford Foundation there and they gave away I think theyre one hundred and twenty fourth house to a veteran, uh and it was a Sergeant Derek Austin, And it was a special moment on stage where someone came out representing the foundation along with George straight and the veteran and he stood there and they surprised him with a new home. Well that's awesome. And the audio is kind of because it's just nat sound off through the house speakers, so we won't play that for you, but we just wondered if maybe you could celebrate that moment.
Speaker 5: Yes, I could celebrate that. So there y'all are on the same page right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I mean I'm not anti him as a person.
Speaker 5: I just yeah, if you if you were, if you were, I'm really not if you were a wounded veteran, God forbid. And we're so thankful for them, okay, and uh, I'm sorry speed and then and they said, and they said, good news, George Strait's coming to visit us. Would you rather him do a concert for you or give you a home?
Speaker 8: A home?
Speaker 5: All right, that's what I would think. So that's a good thing. Yeah, it's a great So if George Straight, we're trying to if you could now maybe using his celebrity to have raise the funds and all.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: So we're trying to connect that. We're trying to connect you to something.
Speaker 2: You'll both see. It's a superstar. I mean, I can't deny that, right, he's a tributor.
Speaker 5: But we're trying to get you connected to something you'll both be on the same page for it, and that is providing homes for wounded.
Speaker 2: Yes, you and George Straight same page. I'm not even thinking do it with him. Okay, Okay, there you go, all right, there it is for that, all right, So there you go, right, minions, So so that I tried and listen to something going my way back.
Speaker 5: I'm trying, you know, I'm trying, he goes, Greg, Right now, you're in a good place.
Speaker 2: I just I just let it like, yeah, just give it that.
Speaker 10: George Strait served in the army, by the way, thank you for your service seventy one to seventy five. Do you get it's sarcastic when you said thank you for your service?
Speaker 5: No, I just can't him in the army when you add those things, don't add those things. Just say that, just need to add that. Just say yay, how about that. I appreciate your service.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: Now you have to throw in of course I can't picture it.
Speaker 2: You can you pre it. I'm not saying anything.
Speaker 10: This is your picture of it.
Speaker 5: This George straight thing is you're right there alone. I'm not coming near you on that we served our country, Greg.
Speaker 2: I didn't say it didn't. What's that got to do with whether I can stay awake at the concert? What's that got to do with?
Speaker 10: Oh my goodness, Greg? Freedom in free?
Speaker 2: Greg? Dang it, what it's not. I'm not done two different things, Edlar. Freedom. No, you're right about it was a great moment during this house giveaway. Well, yeah, towards the end, the guy that we doing the giveaway along with George straight on stage told all the ladies the guy was single too. It's pretty funny. So this week George shows. Yeah, it was in Pittsburgh on May thirty. First. Yeah, they they had a little maybe about a four minute break and gave away the home Okay with that little intermission? Yeah, okay, what why would I be against that? Stop the show for that?
Speaker 5: J M had to wake the veteran up. These are the parts that are not necessary. You you're sitting pretty, you're sitting pretty, just whole what you got sitting?
Speaker 2: They had to wake the vetter.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, hey, you're gonna give you a house? Get up?
Speaker 5: Uh from I know that song puts you out, Greg, please please Greg speaking of napps. But anyway, so the the but you're good with that, I mean it's you you you were you were drafting with him on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got guys. I'm just not a huge.
Speaker 5: Fan of George George anything. I think he's a bad person. Nobody ever said about it. Do you think he gives a crap that? I like, there's a.
Speaker 2: Lot of it and no one else should be there, and.
Speaker 5: No one else should care what you think about it do but they seem to. They seem to by the way, I mean, I'm acknowledging this guy. It don't get no bigger.
Speaker 2: How long?
Speaker 5: How long good? How long ago does it feel? Did you know that Greg made those comments back like mid May? Right, he's still going. You saw an old email trying to search one?
Speaker 10: Yeah, all right, he's seventy three.
Speaker 2: Look how good he looks at seventy three? Again? I'm sure I look right there.
Speaker 5: I got noth one on text. I get that a lot.
Speaker 2: Jam from email. Greg. I'm colling Lee Hubbard.
Speaker 5: He's got the same story as a fan of the show.
Speaker 2: Look how good he looks at?
Speaker 5: What does anybody?
Speaker 10: He's a cool dude, looks.
Speaker 2: I tell you.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you one thing. He's not tired, I know. So this is he ain't worried about the injuries or brooks. You know, he tastes a toe on his body putting on the show like he does. George can do this for twenty more years. Jay m As a fan of the show, I'm an unable to listen live every day due to the nature of my work. As I was catching up on previous shows. I know it'sir trend, Greg versus the world and George Strait.
Speaker 2: No, that's said. It is amazing. He's in his seventies.
Speaker 5: That's said. I, along with Greg, would rather watch grass grow, our beard, our bread mold, or even dog eater puppies before.
Speaker 2: I would mister. My Wife'll say that.
Speaker 5: My wife purchased tickets for his show in Atlanta last year, and the best part of it was Carrie Underwood's special appearance at the end. It was a complete waste of time. I'll never I'll never get back love the show. Look, that's not that's not Greg. That's beating up on me. I'm not the only one that's I'm just telling you it's not alone. Don't get no bigger though.
Speaker 2: Well, I think if you probably are a George Straight fan, you just want to go chill watch his music. He ain't got a run around stage.
Speaker 5: You could just sing and guys, and I want aund I want I want Greg's minions that are in a dilemma that Greg is not asking you to pick him or George.
Speaker 2: Look, let's just call it. You can love them both. The difference is that the Eagles are not very exciting. Stay here, we go.
Speaker 5: But there they got really good music. But they're not very exciting either, right rig you've seen them.
Speaker 2: No, they're not, they're not.
Speaker 5: But their music is really great. The he'm not exciting, and I don't like his music. If you you know, if I like your music, you don't have to be exciting. Joe Walsh keeps you interested. He does because he's still a rock star and excellent.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh, top of the hour. Were happy for We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Well, glcome to the Rick Bird. Just show broadcasting from the.
Speaker 10: World's speedy Greg Addler and Rick Berges.
Speaker 1: Buckle up, America.
Speaker 2: It's time for the shoes.
Speaker 10: Welcome to the rig Bird.
Speaker 9: Just show.
Speaker 5: Broadcasting from the Rigs Word.
Speaker 9: With Speedy Greg Aler, Rick Berges.
Speaker 2: Buckle up America.
Speaker 10: It's time pull the shoe.
Speaker 2: Buckle up, America. Another hour of the Rick Burgess Show with Speedy, Greg and Adler.
Speaker 5: The gang all here as we move forward. Thank you for taking time to be with us today. Box seats fill up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Later on.
Speaker 5: We'll have another Burgess ball battle coming up, and somebody gets a shot at the wheel of the text Nation weighing in. We're trying to move and shift. But I cannot move and shift without asking Greg one question and then we.
Speaker 2: Will move on.
Speaker 5: We'll just bear me. No, no, we'll and we'll move on. Okay, would you rather right now? You've got to go to this concert? Uh, George? George Straight? At seventy three? Are Randy Travis in a wheelchair?
Speaker 2: You're not going to ask me that?
Speaker 5: Seriously, it should be a quick answer. We're going to one of them. Let me think that should not be a pause. We going to one of them, to Mississippi. Well, I really what if I want to be totally honest up and now you'll say it, I'd go, George Straight, I don't think you're telling the truth.
Speaker 2: I don't either. I think you either. I think either.
Speaker 5: I think you I think you thought if I say what I really believe, it'll be too much?
Speaker 10: Well, no, no, does it have to be Randy Travis parentheses in a wheelchair? Can it just be Randy Travis?
Speaker 2: That makes it too easy. That's what makes it too easy, Adler. Let me just say this. There we go.
Speaker 5: I was a huge fan of Randy Travis. Why he was standing?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 5: Why that would you've added this to it?
Speaker 2: Then? So is that elevates George? You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: And if I'd have been a huge Randy Travis fan before he had his issues, but I wasn't.
Speaker 2: So now that he has those and I'm not, I mean, that's horrible and he's doing things to be doing music. What's wrong? I mean I had a tough run talk it out.
Speaker 5: When he was when he was saying, I will say this just my process of elimination. Two singers, not huge fans of either one, they're about the same. And then now one's I gotta watch him before from a wheelchair, I'm probably going with the other one.
Speaker 2: And that was the difference, wasn't it. Yeah? That would you rather listen to George Straight or Beth mo Wens to do a football game?
Speaker 5: That's a tough one. No, it's not that George, No, no, it's not. It's not George Straight. But his voice isn't irritating to me. It doesn't bother me. I'm just not a fan of that, you know. Do you remember to standing here?
Speaker 2: Would you like to interview George Straight? Yeah? He might be absolutely if we have the true.
Speaker 10: Door on, We're never gonna get because it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't get anything It doesn't get any bigger than George Straight.
Speaker 4: It doesn't.
Speaker 5: Here comes the butt, it doesn't. I mean, I'm not gonna stop right there. The we love Greg listened to this. Okay, do you remember, because you know Randy Travis, this is this is completely healthy Randy Travis. Okay, back before any issues. And I remember the first time that I thought that this woman with him was like staff or something only and the first time when he said it was his wife. You remember first time I threw you oh yeah, the first time you saw Yeah, but I mean this was the first one, not the wife he hasn't you remember the first time you saw that and it was like, I'm the one that was like a lot older. Yeah, she was his manager, and it was kind of and you were like, you're kind of thrown.
Speaker 2: By some rumors out there. I'm not going in. Okay, never mind, I'm not getting you know what you're doing. You know what you're doing. You're digging up bones.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I know what you're saying, though I was. I was surprised at them and they didn't look like a couple.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying. Uh, some people are saying Chris Stapleton is opening up. I love Chris. Yeah, yeah, would you just go? Yeah? I will you watch? I watched it.
Speaker 5: Well you announced to the group or fake a bathroom and just never come back.
Speaker 2: I made his fake a bathroom. No, no, yeah, Chris, You're gonna drive separate to the concert.
Speaker 5: He's completely different. He's exactly what I like in that country here. Yeah, I like him a lot.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's fantastic. Boys a lot of would you rathers? Coming through? It's enough.
Speaker 5: I think we've had enough. Word you Weather. I don't know what you get any better than what we've already done. Okay, we've hit him pretty hard. I asked I feel about Coldplay?
Speaker 10: Did you say that the manager wife was like way older?
Speaker 5: She looked it maybe not current?
Speaker 10: No, no, no, back in the day.
Speaker 2: You know what you're talking about. First started. I'll tell you what when we talk about metal.
Speaker 10: Then she had like white hair, right yeah, yes, okay, Look look look, look they are two years apart, and Randy's older. They're two years apart.
Speaker 2: That's a whig. That's a way I just said the first time I saw it.
Speaker 5: Is a difference. Is that the original?
Speaker 10: That's the original. Her name is Elizabeth Wig. I was divorce.
Speaker 5: I was talking about a visual.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think why she waves right, But he's actually two years older.
Speaker 2: I said.
Speaker 5: The first time I saw it, I didn't know the facts. Thank you for people were.
Speaker 2: But that's that they're saying.
Speaker 10: That looks like that's it. That's weird.
Speaker 2: That's an odd maybe not choice. That's all right.
Speaker 10: Listen, there's nothing fake on Dolly Martin, Greg, don't you say anything about doc. It's not a dark thing that fake on her?
Speaker 2: Did you know a single thing? Trivia fact?
Speaker 5: Did you know that the Colonel tried to get I Will Always Love You, Uh, tried her to sign that over for Elvis, and she wouldn't do it. Oh, she didn't want to have us singing it. No, she just said, I think this song is mine. I don't want to give up the publishing now. She said, if he wants to perform it, yeah, and this morning, Yeah, I'll take that check, but I'm not. I'm not giving you this song. No, No.
Speaker 2: King had a shot at it. That would you rathers that are coming through? Or go enough enough? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Where I do want to ask this one? Where's Lee Lee? On George Strake?
Speaker 2: She likes his music, She's not not. I mean, she don't go crazy.
Speaker 5: Could you ever be putting a position where she would ask you to go. I think she went to a concert one time with a friend of hers, and she admitted it was a little slow. Okay, well gosh, but she's some of his songs on the radio.
Speaker 2: If one of the kids came over to your house, it's like, Papa, I heard an artist George, and all of a sudden, like Ellis like starts playing George straight.
Speaker 10: Sing with me, Papa.
Speaker 2: I'd be singing, sing I'm a rello, pop up, sure, Papa, take me.
Speaker 5: He's coming to the b J C C.
Speaker 2: I wish I knew more of the catalog. I'd do this little voice with a lot more songs. But I don't.
Speaker 5: Let me throw this at you. I think, honestly in grandparent world, And like I said, I'm only over here in the great uncle world. Haven't gotten there yet, but I've watched all of you and watched others in grandparent world. I think of the awful things you have to go to with your grandparents. At George Strait concert would be probably an upgrade because you have to take your kids with some pretty bad stuff. Yeah, yeah, I think George may have a field in Mouth. I've never been there.
Speaker 2: He may, he may not. Greg where did that even come from?
Speaker 5: He's got him with the fifth Where did they even come from?
Speaker 2: And you know what, I have to think he's afraid when his grandkids are going to go He's buildings. Is Lisa tracted to George Straight? And that's why you don't like him? That has nothing to do with anything right at all? I'm kidding.
Speaker 5: No, I mean, but I mean, I let deal if she's Let's get this straight, Papa, Papa, take me, Papa.
Speaker 2: He's cool.
Speaker 5: We Lisa and I went and saw Keith Urban and I enjoyed the heck out of it because he's a really good guitar player for this great show. And she likes Keith Urban. Now watch out, let's say that, you know. But they're not real people, so it doesn't matter, right, They're not real people.
Speaker 2: They're not They're not I'm knowing what my mom made Mary keyth Iran. Does anybody think that anybody is the celebrity past that you give your spouse? I mean, I'm not, Papa, take me to George Straight?
Speaker 10: Have you ever heard of him?
Speaker 5: Don't give me shall what you better hope doesn't happen. Keith Urban out of respect opening.
Speaker 2: For George Straight. That could happen. Chris, Chris Staple is doing it right now. That could happen. I'll go washing.
Speaker 1: Is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 15: The man who taught the world to say, couldn't care less?
Speaker 1: Rick Burdsess.
Speaker 2: We're back, Hello America, thank you for being with us today.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot, Abler. I mean, I'm sitting there kind of being charpe.
Speaker 2: You were right, yeah, talking about how much older Randy Travis's first wife was, and you made me feel bad for thinking that, and of course I was right the whole time.
Speaker 5: I guess it's because I'm Greg's brother.
Speaker 2: You're right again.
Speaker 10: I'm just googling things as quickly as I can as we try to do a show. Thank you, to get the information out to the people.
Speaker 2: Tell the people what happened.
Speaker 10: This is the most informative show that there is ever.
Speaker 2: Yes, tell the people what happened.
Speaker 10: So it gave me, like the old wife's name with the new wife's age difference, and so you were right. The lady with the wig that Greg thinks is also a beard, Elizabeth Elizabeth, Yes, she was quite a bit older than Ramond, sixteen years older.
Speaker 5: So you can eat it. We tried to tell you.
Speaker 10: That's not you don't have to say that.
Speaker 2: Right, You're right, Greg, right again?
Speaker 8: So he was.
Speaker 10: He was married to lib Elizabeth Hatcher in ninety one to twenty ten. They had a large age difference.
Speaker 5: That's rights, manager, dad, And who are we to judge? Sometimes older women go after younger man. It's not something's never happened.
Speaker 10: So there we go, there you go, all right, all right?
Speaker 2: Was giving false information.
Speaker 10: I'm trying my best.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you where I think attitude about it, only not have an attitude.
Speaker 10: I was trying to defend an old lady that y'all were calling even older than she was.
Speaker 2: But you were wrong. She made her younger than she was.
Speaker 10: I am for women, Okay, I protect women's rights, and I'm not ageist either.
Speaker 2: Y'all are ageists.
Speaker 5: And you notice if you notice, so I Handler during the month of June really doubles down as low for women. Yeah, let's let me let y'all know who I'm with you. But apparently he's given everybody a bumster on something else something for saying that he talents all the time.
Speaker 17: Oh my god, let'st's talk about why beef tallow is absolutely not a replacement for sunscreen.
Speaker 14: Why is this a bad idea? No UV protection?
Speaker 17: Beef tallow has an SPF of like zero, so you're not going to get any UV A or UVB protection, which we know causes.
Speaker 14: Skin cancer, sun damage, pigmentation, and premature aging. Second is, increases in sun damage.
Speaker 17: Oils like tallow can actually increase the risk of you penetration.
Speaker 14: So you're not just unprotected, you're even more.
Speaker 2: Vulnd that's a dermatologist speaking. They're saying protect.
Speaker 10: Okay, that's not what I have. I have tallow, but there's ink in it. I don't know why I'm having to defend my my like the things that I rub on my body, choices like I don't understand why I have.
Speaker 2: To with too faste. Right that you're still going, yes, he is.
Speaker 5: When when he was handing the horse other day with his shirt off, when he came by me, I caught a little wheel.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, that's because my armpits were right by your face.
Speaker 5: But you know what had onion patch.
Speaker 2: But but it did it did.
Speaker 5: Add to it because you did smell like a horse.
Speaker 2: But it's not just bigfoot, all right, right, I'm just saying that something.
Speaker 10: You never said. Anybody should just rub rendered. That's what tallow is fat. It's render. You did be fat. It's honestly great for your skin.
Speaker 5: You're making You're making people go out in the sun and basically deep frim never.
Speaker 2: Know in fat.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, no, I get right, you know that's what I'm not saying.
Speaker 2: Do that. Now.
Speaker 10: There is something to be said about these modern sunscreens, with these chemicals that are in them.
Speaker 2: And here he goes.
Speaker 10: Now, Now, if y'all want to talk about that, we can. But I am a tallow and zinc sunscreen guy. And if in fact, I'll just go to the shade and and and stay in the shade, wear a big hat and and stay out of the sun. That's what I actually try to do. I try not to wear sunscreen. I don't like wearing sunscreens.
Speaker 2: I don't either that it's important for people like speed.
Speaker 10: But you know, if you're gonna be in the sun, sun damage is real. I'm not one of those people that thinks, like you know, skin cancer.
Speaker 2: Is fake and.
Speaker 5: You've been insensitive. They need to cut Greg's nose off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the way you still got to go back you had they've caught him like an apple. Yeah, I mean you go every six months so they don't slice you up. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Smart on top of that is smart. This wise decision to do. I need to you that my nose got burned you so many times as a kid.
Speaker 2: You know. Another good wide decision the odorant. Yeah, let's let's talk about that. Let's talk about you being afraid illumine him in my body. That's good, heavy metals.
Speaker 1: Never heard anybody I do that.
Speaker 2: Rather do that than have something that don't have that in it.
Speaker 10: I know. That's what I use.
Speaker 2: Good, That's what I use. Sometimes Sometimes it's just not part of your Daydler's a little earthing right here. I'm right here.
Speaker 10: That's not when you say a.
Speaker 2: Little bit idler. I'm Adler. I'm right here.
Speaker 5: Wrong with earth You could take a Burgess ball basketball and hit him with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I was just.
Speaker 5: Saying he's a little earthy, Okay, little him.
Speaker 2: That's five times you say we know it's not negative.
Speaker 5: You just think and you got dirty feet.
Speaker 10: I'm not George straight. I'm not George straight.
Speaker 2: Don't hate on me matter what you're saying throughout the month of June, is you're actually Chris straight? Yeah, right, super straight? You mean advertising van Yeah, the.
Speaker 10: Rainbow the rainbow flags that are coming out. I'm sorry, but Halliburton, do you smell it? Halliburton is putting Pride flags on missiles and such. I'm like, Yo, that's really great. What a sincere gesture.
Speaker 5: Could you be any more any more inappropriate with that one?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 10: My goodness?
Speaker 2: Right? Okay, all right, but back to Tallow.
Speaker 10: It's great. It's a great product, and.
Speaker 2: I wish that well.
Speaker 10: I'm trying to get away from these seed oils, Greg, I'm trying to not die and be.
Speaker 9: Stuff.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 10: Yes, And if anybody knows where to find some donuts fried in beef tallow, send me an email please. I want to get some good, true, old school donuts. That's how they used to do donuts.
Speaker 2: Where did this come from? Donuts?
Speaker 5: Get into this tallow beef?
Speaker 10: Tallow beef, and what's now?
Speaker 5: We are we basically just come up with a fancy for Crisco.
Speaker 10: No, it is the opposite of Crisco. Crisco is an industrial byproduct that they have tricked us into thinking is good to consumer. Let me say it was used as a lubricant. And then they're like, you know what, we can make money selling us to stupid fat Americans. Horrorh but you know you know what they put on their monocles and they danced around in their top hats with the monocles on.
Speaker 2: Do you remember growing up? Honest, you were too young at her because you you actually people woke up. But and I guess we're all doomed. What we all grew up in homes that every single home had that big old bucket of Crisco. Crisco everybody, how about that scoop? And they scoop.
Speaker 5: It out like an ice cream scooper, throw it in that band and you're off and running. And what you're saying, let's go back to real.
Speaker 10: Lord, Yes, yes, absolutely, Hey.
Speaker 5: Somebody here says what you also remind me of my dad because that was one of the national They make and sell tallow products with the cents of course, some with magnesium, some with zinc.
Speaker 2: Can't keep them on the self.
Speaker 10: Can't keep them. They're great products and people that know get them, that aren't stupid.
Speaker 5: Back to the So this woman that puts you in your place she's leaving out the zinc parts.
Speaker 2: That's what you're saying.
Speaker 10: She's yeah, she's just I never said that you just put animal fat on your skin to protect you from the sun.
Speaker 2: Amer And Seinfeld tried, butter she is responding to, there's a new ad that has popped up for beef tallow sunscreen that people are confused about, and she was trying. She was referring to that, Yeah, don't take it personally.
Speaker 5: Didn't you tell me that it was that you were JT when you met Sting that he was thumping.
Speaker 2: That was me. That's that European stuff. They'll bump. They don't say Europeans about, Hey, they will. You're right, there's a lot of Adler. There's a lot of.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, no, no, no, no no, don't don't no, don't don't want me, don't wump me in with that, all right. I didn't write all my exites live in Texas.
Speaker 2: I didn't do that, Georgian. I didn't make that song. You're right, George, So.
Speaker 10: You're telling everybody coda with tallow and go Now it's does talk about big sunscreen and big corn oil.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, Are you ready to bring something to the table?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: No, and get on the show one eight eight eight six eight fox.
Speaker 5: Well here it is the first opportunity today to talk to America as far as phones are concerned.
Speaker 2: Ten lines are available. Are you ready, America? Here we go.
Speaker 5: Ken Osborn just gave you the number eight eight eight, the number six Big Vox, and so you can dial us up right now. All ten lines are available. We just go rapid fire. We screen on the fly. We made that adjustment about probably sixty days into the Rick Burgess Show, and we like it better and it seems to be generating better phone segments, and it seems to be working for all of you too. So doll us up now and we'll be right with you. By Raycon dot com slash Big Vox Daddy. Next weekend, It's Father's Day weekend. What a great gift for Dad. It's got a dad friendly price. Remember Dad and mom different, equal but different. If your mom finds out that you went out and got a speedy deal, she thinks, wow, you didn't spend any money on me. Dad finds out you got to do isy Ooh, you got a deal.
Speaker 2: The dad's love a deal.
Speaker 5: So why don't you go right now to buy Raycon dot Com slash big Vox.
Speaker 2: They're about half the price of.
Speaker 5: The other premium audio brand, so Dad will love that you were savvy enough to figure that out. Then you get fifteen percent off on top of that by using our U r L by Raycon dot Com slash big Vox also at link right there at Rick burgesshow dot Com. Under the sponsors.
Speaker 2: We just had a caller yesterday tell us how much they love theirs and how durable they are, and how much they love them. We do too.
Speaker 5: Multipoint connectivity thirty two hour battery life quick charge function gets you ninety minutes with ten minutes of charging. Sound profiles, awareness mode, isolation mode. Dad's gonna love them. Let's go to the phones. Hello, you're on unscreened phone calls on the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Yes, go right ahead.
Speaker 13: Hey, y'all is talking this morning about old segments of the show. But naked Friday out off old Lexing, Terry still on the ease, have a segment called drump b You know what on Fridays. It was pretty interesting.
Speaker 2: Who are you talking about? Lexing?
Speaker 1: Terry?
Speaker 2: Ohlex and Terry? Yeah, I remember them. Yeah. Uh no, I never heard that.
Speaker 5: No, and uh like I say that one, that one we talked about earlier, that goes way way back. Remember once Bubba came on board and you know, we it was fired up and he became co host. I couldn't put him through that, so I dropped that to that Friday celebration. Uh, and I think he appreciated that. We continue Rick Burgess show. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Rick, this is Jerry from Bona.
Speaker 13: I'm about aggravated with us. David from Flowery Branch, Georgia. Okay, does he Does he ever tell anybody what.
Speaker 5: I lost him? I didn't an, I didn't touch the thing. I really wanted to hear that. Sorry about that man's commercial, we didn't invite Dave on. Yeah, so it's really you know, we run the commercials I send us.
Speaker 10: I think he was going to say that the commercial seems vague about what the drug does.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but anyway, I do want some of you. Anytime you hear a commercial that you grow weary of of any kind, there is a standing deal. We will send you what they pay for a year to be on the sho show, and you can replace that income and we'll take it off. All right, So so we could do that, we.
Speaker 2: Got to we can't. Just I do want to interview David. I would like you wonder when he came in. You wonder if it was a run three one time. I know Rick Burder's show. Unscreened phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 18: Oh, yes, this is Matt from Denver. I got two things. Okay, Uh, y'all are talking about the tank tops at under undershirt tank tops at men where y'all deemed them on Rick and Bubba as Paul Paul tank tops.
Speaker 5: Yeah, correct, everybody's pop Paul war Yeah, absolutely yeah.
Speaker 18: Number two Adler Uh, doctor squattch. Theodorant is good, theodor and it's all natural.
Speaker 2: I use it.
Speaker 18: I recommend that for you.
Speaker 10: Awesome, thanks thanks for being actually helpful. I like these guys.
Speaker 2: I saw it aluminum free. That's what I use.
Speaker 10: That's what I use.
Speaker 2: Something I don't know you don't use it every day? How do you forget?
Speaker 10: I need a new I need a new one.
Speaker 2: Wait, man, do you skip some days?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: He said some days.
Speaker 10: I use it a lot of days.
Speaker 2: How many times you brush your teeth?
Speaker 10: Do you do them most days most.
Speaker 5: How many time you grub you feet most days?
Speaker 2: About rest the own?
Speaker 10: I'm actually much I'm much more clean than you guys.
Speaker 5: Imply you are. I've always said you look like you sting, but you don't.
Speaker 10: You don't last.
Speaker 2: You forget the odor it.
Speaker 10: Thank you, Greg, We continued.
Speaker 2: Rick Birder's show unscreen phone calls, Go ahead. I just want to know where it's all.
Speaker 13: You homophobes, the super uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: If you're going to complain to eat sound better than that same guy I don't know ever.
Speaker 5: Supported the right look at and look, don't complain. The people who died, and I mean died for our freedoms get a Monday. You get a full month, man, you got it. H We continue Rick Birders show screenphone calls.
Speaker 19: Go ahead, Greg, Would you rather listen to a whole George Stray album from start to finish, played by George Stray only for you? Or listen to the Baby Shark song Oh the same wing?
Speaker 5: Wow, Wow, I'm gonna have to I'm gonna have to go with George on that one. Okay, We're granddaughter loves to sing Baby Shark and I like them when she sings it.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't really want to hear anybody else.
Speaker 5: We continue, especially for a long time. Rick Birders show unscreen phone calls, Go ahead, they.
Speaker 9: Say, fine, sight's twenty twenty and I'm nearly golden blind from stair and that her fold the graph and wishing she was mine. It's that same old lost love Stove read well. It's sad, but it's true. There was a time when she was mine. In nineteen eighty two, Greg.
Speaker 13: Guess for you.
Speaker 2: This is flip great, here you flip, you go flip sing it greg us that one.
Speaker 10: It was nineteen eighty two by Randy Travit took us back.
Speaker 2: To eighty two.
Speaker 5: How about on flip that's when I was seventy five senior year.
Speaker 2: I remember, there you go.
Speaker 5: We continue, took the state coach played at quarterback. I could throw a football from mountain if you put me in Rick Birders show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Hey guys, I tell y'all we're good.
Speaker 2: I hope you're okay good.
Speaker 6: It was good watching the fishing tournament, Thank you. My favorite part was Speedy cussing. I think I thought that was great for half a second, but I didn't know Speedy had it in it.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, terrible, but he does if he gets scared, I'm telling he'll let one go. Well, there's there's markers that you know, I got some work to do. Sure, Rick, I know the best of where you dropped a two liters coke bottle or coke on your foot and you realized, you know, this has been fifteen years ago. You realize, Okay, I got work to do. You know that was your reaction. Uh, And when Gary scared me, I realized that I got some work to do. It just came out.
Speaker 5: One of my favorite lines ever from a doctor. When I got a quartison shot in my heel is He asked me if I was done with cussin And I know him and said, I think so. He goes, well, we're about to find out.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, and you failed. No, I spoke in tongues to day.
Speaker 5: We continue. Welcome to the rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls, Go ahead.
Speaker 13: Greg, would you rather listen to Flip or George Straight?
Speaker 2: I make I'm gonna go with Flip Funny. We can continue Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, handsle you guys know that I think you can take the firearm on a commercial airflight if you if it has to be checked, and I'll let you guys look the rest of it up. So I don't really know everything.
Speaker 5: You are correct because we've done hunting trips before. Yeah, okay, okay, Greg, Greg would like to know where that came.
Speaker 2: Just curious.
Speaker 8: I was just thinking as you guys were talking about it before, and I didn't know if you guys knew that you.
Speaker 9: Can just has to be last year.
Speaker 5: It was back up where did I go? I flew somewhere not long.
Speaker 2: Ago, wasn't Greg?
Speaker 5: Maybe if it started out with you know, when you were talking earlier, she knows sunscreen phone calls she's getting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's not singing, George Drake. That's a good point, I know.
Speaker 5: And I think that you, being female, you get a pass on that because sometimes my wife would just throw something out and I'm like, what did that come from?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but at least you had a I was just.
Speaker 9: Thinking about it.
Speaker 2: I love it. That goes back.
Speaker 5: The monkey answered it when the one and ask us what we do for a bit by monkey? And I was like, what have you been bit by monkey?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 5: I was just thinking about it. We contenue Rick Burger's Show, Go ahead, unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 20: Hey guys, I just want to say y'all, thank you. Me and my daughter love listening to you guys in the morning on the way to work in school, which schools are right now? But just think I'll keep up the good work.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 5: Tell her we said hello, Rick Birders show.
Speaker 2: Unscreen phone calls. Go ahead, Hey, Speedy, you see what do you say? Okay? Yeah, all right.
Speaker 13: I was just making sure if you chicks up all your cigarette. But after the past tournament.
Speaker 2: You pick up your cigarette. But after the past tournament, Speedy, it was hard to hear that because of apparently decided to cause him. I was pressure washing. Yeah, car, we'll be back and more of the Rick Burgess Show coming up. We got so much more to cover. Vox seats are finding their way here too, coming on next hour. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Sure you played a little ball, Rick Burgess.
Speaker 2: Come on with an American, come on with that. Thank you for being with us today.
Speaker 5: Vox seats are gathering in the hall, so they'll be here with us coming up shortly. Things that you need to know about you can go to the YouTube channel right now, and but there's a lot to enjoy. You got the daily archive every day. You got the best of our for Blaze TV subscribers. But you also have on the YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: You know you got.
Speaker 5: You got your Wednesday Bible Study that I'll be back again tomorrow. You've got the brand new podcast Strange Encounters. Episode one, two and three is there. You've got Tales from the Camp House episodes one, two, three, and four. So coming up this weekend episode five the Fish Fry, that'll be it Teals from the Camp House and also episode four of Strange Encounters. I will actually interview Calvin Speedy Wilburn about some of the things that he experienced back in the Thirteen Days of Horror and that led to us stopping that beloved segment on the Years of Rick and Bubba. So we'll talk about that coming up on Strange Encounters. So don't miss that. And if you're looking to get men don't run in the rain autograph copies for dads for Father's Day. The cutoff is Monday, So just keeping you in the loop, all right, So this I keep getting this. I know y'all do too. I'm not gonna do a full blown hey bird here. I just want to use this from email to prompt conversation and to hear what you got I mean. And it's it's just starting to get legs, and it's getting weirder by the moment.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: And that is this notion that Auburn basketball coach Bruce Pearl is about to step down and run for Tommy Tuberville's Senate spot. And you know what, the first time I saw it, I just disregarded because I thought it was so absurd. And now I'm starting to get it. I even have it in the email today on the hay Bird. Uh and and and on this one, this person is suggesting that not only do they think he is going to step down, it's the Democrats that are trying to get him to run.
Speaker 2: That's got it.
Speaker 5: I cannot imagine on Israel alone, correct on Israel alone, there's no way Bruce Pearl would go to the door. Now on Israel's so Roger, I think I think that's that part's really out there. But now back to just the because you know we had you know, Jared Hudson, come on, ye and of course he's gonna be speaking at to my home church next week by way, Wow, a lot of you are coming.
Speaker 2: Good. I'm glad you are.
Speaker 5: And at our next man church gathering, we're doing a breakfast at my home church in Birmingham next next Saturday, the fourteenth, And you can still join us if you want to, no charge for that at all. You just need to register so we know you're coming.
Speaker 2: So the.
Speaker 5: But so, and then there's I think Steve Marshall, Steve Marshall who served as Attorney general right in Alabama, and I think he's still on his hat in the ring.
Speaker 2: Correct, I saw that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And so I just I can't imagine with these kind of candidates already out there, that Bruce Pearl would have any desire to step away from a program that he is turned into a contender every year, making great money doing what he loves, and he has a platform to say the things he cares about and does and does do that to make to try to make change. So I just find that kind of Yeah.
Speaker 2: I heard as soon as coach Senator Tubberville announced what he was going to do, you heard, I heard that could this happen? It might happen, you know, And then it started. Now now it's like it's gonna happen and then it's continuing. We we just need to reach out to him and they can put it to rest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, why don't you also this one?
Speaker 2: Greg?
Speaker 5: I got to get you you and add all of you speedy.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm I'm I'm an example of and I'm thankful for always the second chances, thankful for God's grace and mercy.
Speaker 2: Without it, I would be doomed.
Speaker 5: But I do think here on earth sometimes you know, people can get their act together behind bars and and hopefully change them and be an agent of change inside of prison. But something about this headline, you know, I kind of put it up there with how I felt about and you did too, Gregor about the Menindez brothers when the crime is so heinous and so horrible. And I hope everybody gets right with God before they die.
Speaker 2: I really do.
Speaker 5: But when you see this headline, Manson family member Patricia is it has been granted parole yep. And you see this right under that again she can be forgiven between between her and God. I'm not denying forgiveness. Don't know that situation. I'm strictly talking about here on earth. The judgment that was made here on earth for her heinous crimes. And you see underneath, no one likes this line. Killed seven people, an unborn baby, and scrawled helter skelter in her victim's blood. She's been in prison for fifty five years, and now she's been granted parole. Yeah, how do we feel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's the longest serving woman in California prisons, fifty five.
Speaker 5: Every year they would come up. I think the other two girls have died, right charge.
Speaker 2: You know, in twenty fifteen, New York Times did a documentary on this and they interviewed her or whatever, and here's Rick maybe fifteen twenty seconds of her talking from my computer back back in that document.
Speaker 4: The thing I tried to remember sometimes is that what I am today, it's not.
Speaker 2: What I was at nineteen nineteen is when she did that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I agree with that. I think we can all say that. Of course, at nineteen there's very few of us. I hope that killed seven people, including an unborn baby. Yeah, yeah, cover and scrawled helter skelter with victim's blood.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Most people just said I drank beer and I probably shouldn't have.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know, here's young and dump.
Speaker 10: Yeah, young and dump, and then there's young and murder.
Speaker 5: Yeah different, it's a different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no age on it. Age has nothing to do.
Speaker 5: And again, I hope that she is ready to face her creator. I hope this has been an opportunity for her to get all that right, and her eternity will be this will never be remembered again, an eternity. But here on her if if she did that, I don't know what she's done. I don't know about her spiritual offer or anything. But but I'm just saying that that's available to her. So uh so when But but on earth, I think that's got to be one of those things where you just say you're gonna have to stay in there till your earthly life is done. Yeah right, I think I think so right, you know, but there you're saying. There, finally the governor before as granted, has granted parole.
Speaker 2: So there we go.
Speaker 5: So that happened on the thirtieth seventy seven now and so so we'll we'll see what happens going forward on that one. But yeah, that's uh, you know, he at nineteen, I got in with the wrong crowd. That's little different than I was part of the Manson family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, talk.
Speaker 5: About the wrong crowd. I'll even give you rob a bank. I'll give you that sure carjacking.
Speaker 10: Are we talking gunpoint robbing or just like you know, mark marker in your pocket, you know.
Speaker 2: With a with a note and say give me all the money. Kay?
Speaker 5: Is my gun real or not real?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: It's not real, it's not real. Okay, Yeah, you can get out.
Speaker 2: After a while now, Yeah, but we did. But we pot a real gun in somebody. But you can't be that something against you the rest of your life. If you didn't pull the trigger, if I didn't. You want someone to never get out just because they pointed a gun one time?
Speaker 10: What about yeah kind of yeah, yeah, kind if you point a gun.
Speaker 5: What if they changed their life and they're like, I won't do that anymore and they never pulled a trigger.
Speaker 2: Years twenty years.
Speaker 5: I don't believe Crean Wingle what her name is a threat to society, But she still don't deserve to be out.
Speaker 2: That's a good way of sam. What about you steal something as a young kid.
Speaker 10: Okay, yeah, what I served my time for that. Okay, they took my season pass away, all right? Is the worst summer. You were supposed to be the summer of Badler, and it was the summer of sadness.
Speaker 2: Or put out of statement. I'm not the same person I wasn't age.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 14: You better listen up.
Speaker 2: You know what we say.
Speaker 5: Falls.
Speaker 14: I'm gonna tell you gotta find.
Speaker 15: The voice of reason in an unreasonable world. The Rick Burchers Show.
Speaker 2: Here we go, America, Brandon Hour. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 5: Uh, we got much of you do going forward, Burgess Fall battle will be coming.
Speaker 2: The winner goes to the will of Bundle, spits and bucks. It's been you know, I wouldn't say cold, I wouldn't say hot, but it's it's been in. It's been putting some money out.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 5: So we'll see what happens coming up a little bit later on in the program before we are done today.
Speaker 2: So the gang's all here, Speedy, Greg Adler. The box seats are full.
Speaker 5: They come from all over and they're now sitting in and enjoying the show. That they brought goodies today, thank you very much, a lot of them. And also as we start this hour, we got to jump right into this Mount Etna. Boy, I'll tell you it has. The eruption of the volcano has got a lot of people and we're getting footage and audio speedy. Here's someone audio that saw the volcano erupt as well.
Speaker 2: So'staging fun of her too, But this is they're they're catching it live here.
Speaker 4: Oh I can see it.
Speaker 10: It's going up, it's going yeah, it's gone right now. I mean, this morning was the most astounding thing I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 2: And so when when she said that, Greg's like, most is going to burn, most astounding thing. Where's that Mount Etna?
Speaker 5: I can't in Italy, but it's there's no order to tell real hard to pronounce the actual precise location there in Italy, but a lot of words, a lot of attack.
Speaker 2: And if you're up there and you're out, you're running, Greg, Are you okay with that? No?
Speaker 5: You don't want to be there.
Speaker 2: So your problem is she said it was the most what thing she'd ever said, sounding most astounding things she's ever seen.
Speaker 5: Of course you probably never saw me playing eighty two brig But I'm just saying you got to consider the things she didn't see. Has she ever seen the birth of a baby. Probably that's a big one.
Speaker 10: That's the most sounding thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 5: I was about to say, that's that's a big one I watched. That's a big one.
Speaker 10: Here is the These are these are guides and tourists on the mountain when it when it, when it went off. Look at they're just running away from a volcano, y'all. A lot of them.
Speaker 2: Look I just one guys like that. If I run too fast, if fall, I guarantee you that's my lug. You know, you save up and you finally make this long trip and you get up there and this happens. And Rick, this is when you look at the guide and you follow them.
Speaker 5: At anytime I've traveled the world, Uh, always look to the god. If the God panics, it's really bad, you should panic.
Speaker 2: It is really really bad. God is running you run like, what was that Safari? You were on the Safari? God, that's rocky terrain. They're having to try to run down to that's Ankle Twist.
Speaker 5: City, right, So scared.
Speaker 2: He's a little lot of shit, so scared they're having to run fast. These are these people.
Speaker 5: These are these people that said over and over again, this is the year I start doing cardio. Yeah, and then then all of a sudden, booty hurt. Yeah, you realize if that lava gets it's over.
Speaker 2: You can't beat lava. Looking is not real fast. Okay, you're right, many of them don't get him on lava. He's not scared of lava.
Speaker 5: And I'm not saying I'm not scared of but I think I got time to get clear of it. Yeah, but what what if you're there when an eruption it's like it's close. It's not like we're down in the valley that if I'm down at the valley, I mean, I finish off my glass and then you get Yeah, but but.
Speaker 2: It's just eating everything.
Speaker 10: There is a time lapse, obviously, but it's just I mean, it's just it's just a massive amount of smoke and fog and dust and lava and my goodness.
Speaker 5: Can I ask you a question, Adam, and we all know the answer. So what does the earth do with all that pollution that happened naturally?
Speaker 10: Well, it equals you know, we drive cars for one hundred years and and that's it's a fraction of what that just puts.
Speaker 2: What does the earth do? Just it's fine? Roll, So you have this eruption. Rick we're playing out scenario here. It starts raining. Can you run, I'm running from the lava, not the rain. That's a good point. We can all run from lava, Okay, Okay, that's okay. We can we can run.
Speaker 5: We can run from fire, we can run from lava if it happens to be raining.
Speaker 2: It's not about the ring, okay. Okay, you're running from the other things while it's raining, right, okay.
Speaker 5: And uh, and there's there's all kinds of things you can run from. And uh and I have And let me tell you, I'd love to be timed with some of it because I was.
Speaker 2: I was scared.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when you love to be timed on scared run? Oh yeah, there's no telling. I'll I'm out a broken record. Yeah, but now you were you were talking about the different things that have happened, and the safari of course always I'm always, I'm always listening to the guides. And then there was the time, you know, and this is when it's It was on a Rick and Bubba best of c D when we got caught in the outskirts of Hurricane strange enough called Hurricane Rick. And I remember being in that boat and I went to the I went to the to the to the pro and he was telling me in Spanish. I didn't know Spanish as well then as I do now, but he didn't have to I didn't have to know because I saw him with the bucket bailing water and he invited.
Speaker 2: Me to join.
Speaker 5: And I thought, okay, well, this is not good. I didn't know that our answer was bailing water with buckets. This is not good.
Speaker 2: So that's the solution, okay, yeah, yeah. And the safari guy just he was very he was very straightforward. He had a gun as long as this gonso okay. And if we are approached by a predator, do not run. If you do, you would just be tired when you die. Oh okay, nice note. Let's take a note of that man.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I think he's also taking a shot at you when he comes. When it comes to Cardio, he did, it's kind of a shot.
Speaker 2: No, you remember, that's that time.
Speaker 5: And Sherry and I, I mean, I think at this point we had kids and everything. We've been married long enough that she abandoned me. You know, early on in our marriage what she thought was a shark, but we really had not been married that long. So I didn't expect her to be that attached to me yet, and so her instinct was to save herself. But by the time we got to the Safari, we've been married, we got kids now, And when she started distancing herself from me, I said.
Speaker 2: Babe, why are you? Why are you? Why are you not walking with me? Little?
Speaker 5: You know what she said, You got that limp, You don't look, you don't look. Your foot's bothering. You're really bad and I don't like that limp. What do you mean they're going to go for the limp and guy?
Speaker 10: Yeah, and I the week like you guys do here with me.
Speaker 5: That's a weird moment when the whole group you're we have turned to you and looks and says, we're good.
Speaker 2: They'll get him. Oh yeah, you don't have to be the fastest, just faster than you.
Speaker 5: And you could almost feel those eyes all across that South African area that they would look at the limp and guy, we can get him.
Speaker 10: What happens in those moments is very important, you know, you learn a lot about people in those kind of dire moments.
Speaker 2: She whispered back to me. She stood next to the guy with the giant gun, She said, I'm sorry, and I was right. I wish I could catch up there, but I limping.
Speaker 10: Uh, edna is the you know Italy looks like a big boot and then there's the island off the toe of the boot. That's where Mount is.
Speaker 2: I didn't know to look.
Speaker 5: So what's the final word on this? Did everybody are we lava field?
Speaker 2: What? What?
Speaker 5: What happened? Did everybody get to safety?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think everybody's okay.
Speaker 10: But while the views from that that even the town below is getting us.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it's not good. You know, you know, you don't want to be the town below. Boy the ash, Yeah, and look at the ash and talking look at that.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 2: Also that.
Speaker 10: It's not necessary. That is not necessary.
Speaker 2: Check out. I was going to transition that into two other tragedies. Transition stopped. Sure, right, so uh I was going. I was going for a Gatlinburg update. Right there. I will move that way, so we'll uh, well, we'll be back. You got more of the Rick Burgess show coming out. You know they can see the ice cloud from the player. Yeah, we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Stay this is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 7: H h.
Speaker 21: The truth needs no apology. The Rick Burgers show We're back. I didn't do anything. Speedy's accused me amassing with it.
Speaker 2: All right, so look at the box SATs the box said I mess with it? Did I mess with a text thing? I didn't touch it. I didn't touch it. I didn't touch it, so that I'm sorry that it went it messed up. I didn't have anything to do with it. I didn't even didn't even touch it normally you do. I didn't even look at it. Relief Factor, Reliefactor dot Com, all natural loving It. Four botanicals. You know, I think one of the worst.
Speaker 5: Things about getting older, uh, especially when you're trying to do a little bit better, is it just it feels like you there's never a day that you don't have something hurting and you can't even identify what happened. So, but the body's natural inflammatory of response function, that's what's causing the aches and pain. So Relief Factor. There's four botanicals we've researched for years and they combined together and that's where this amazing product came from because they all had shown that they can help with the body's inflammatory response. Well all together, may it start putting together the inflammation Avengers I mean, here we go, so put it to work for you. You can get three weeks. Now we do three weeks because that's how long it'll take for you to see if there's a difference or not, because this is not a masking pain. This is going after the foundation of the pain. Naturally. I take two packets a day. You can take three when you first get started. If you got something bothering, you go to relieffactor dot com. That's relief Factor dot com, nineteen ninety five. You get three weeks and let us know if you're like the majority of us who've tried relief Factor and saw that it made a huge difference. It does for me. I love it, So get yours. So I was gonna mention, but I thought we definitely need a break before I come back. You know, we've been following this story in Gatlinburg. I mean think about I mean, it's almost like a ride of passage to go to Gatlinburg at the little cute downtown area.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and.
Speaker 5: Yesterday we had the story. We just never got to it because it's not a pleasant story, but horrific accident that happened there involving what we now seem to be able to confirm that the person who lost control of the mini van had a medical emergency emergency, and I heard the term seizure of some type yesterday. You know, you think about that you're walking along a curb, and I mean, you know, you think it's already you want to worry about distracted drivers, but then you think about, what about something like this where somebody just loses the control of a vehicle of no fault of their own. I mean, they're not being negligence negligent, they just had an episode, but now now here it comes careening out of control because unfortunately, and when she had the episode, she hit accelerate versus break. And once again there was kind of some mixed information coming out on you know, injuries, and one time they had reported they thought there was a death. But now I think today, thankfully, we can say six injured, seven seven injured, and they're not reporting anyone has lost their life today, correct, right.
Speaker 2: Five victims were in two different vehicles, while the other two victims were pedestrians. When the minivan accelerated hit a pedestrian that that also hit a sign, The sign fell hit another pedestrian. The other victims were in the cars. Terrible, terrible style A good scene.
Speaker 5: For sure, horrible and especially a place that's usually so pleasant and you're just kind of, you know, they're happy minding your own business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, horrible, horrible thing out of Gatlinburg. And then you guys were telling me the guy that we have arrested that did the tack in Boulder, Colorado, that he's doubled down and said if he got another shot out, did he do it again?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I said he planned it for about a year and if he if he could do it again, he would. By the way, that's not the way to get yourself out of jail, is it. No, So no, it's not so anyway, that won't help that, that will not help. So so anyway, So just kind of updating you on those two stories and some other stuff today that Ada, I understand that you tried to prepare dinner last night and you took on a ko chef that was two years old. That is two years old. Yes, yes, he went with a two year old assistant to cook. Well, I guess I.
Speaker 10: Was talking to Speedy in the break and you guys were texting quite a bit yesterday and I was trying to keep up, and I just never got a chance to weigh in. I saw just skimming looking, skimming looking, trying to start it. And then you're like, oh my goodness, but yeah, Ezra is two. And when you have a two year old help you cook? That's not No, they're not helping. No, they're not helping at all. They made it worse. They slow you down. But yeah, I did a gigantic batch of taco meat last night, dud for taco night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had talk Tay, I love.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I should be again taco Tuesday. We got leftovers.
Speaker 5: Okay, what what do you go with your standard ground beef? Do you go chuck?
Speaker 2: Do you go round?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 2: Venison?
Speaker 7: Is?
Speaker 10: I think like it's it's a little more lean, a little more lean, grass fed. It's like eighty eighty five is eighty five fifteen something like that.
Speaker 2: That's not that's not much of man, not very good.
Speaker 10: Uh, it's great. What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: It's great?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 10: I don't drain it, by the way, is it true?
Speaker 5: Of course not, you know, because what do you use?
Speaker 2: What he does and lean? But I don't drain And then you used to use.
Speaker 5: The drain that's left to put on your skin and you go out in the sun.
Speaker 10: Yes, and then so Ezra helped me by washing tomatoes for thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Thirty minutes.
Speaker 10: You're just he's just.
Speaker 2: Playing in the world. He's playing. Yes, yeah.
Speaker 10: And his arms are so short he'll drop the spoon down in the sink. You can't reach it, so you got to get it for him.
Speaker 2: Everything's funny every time.
Speaker 10: And arms and he has the shortest arms of any child in the in the world. I think, my goodness, he's my kids.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 10: So small, he's so small, poor guy. Well, I mean he's going to be at the front of the picture. You know, he's going to be the picture just like his daddy.
Speaker 2: You lived it.
Speaker 5: You can say, go ahead and get criss cross applesauce and get on the front road.
Speaker 2: Hope to sign right.
Speaker 10: In fact, I had a buddy of mine all through grade school. At school, I was the second shortest and he was the shortest. All through grade school, first grade through ninth grade. We were buddies. And I moved away, moved buddy moved to Alabama, and I went back to visit him later in high school, and he passed me up. He got taller than me, and he was so he was so jazzed up. He was like, dude, you are going for bam.
Speaker 2: Did you did you ever find out? Did you ever again find anyone want to be around him?
Speaker 9: Law?
Speaker 5: Did you ever find anyone again that you were taller than?
Speaker 10: Did I find anyone that I'm taller than?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 2: Asked when you lost him?
Speaker 5: When he when he became taller, did you go find someone you were taller than?
Speaker 2: In your own grade?
Speaker 10: And yeah, madam, my friend, I wasn't the shortest. Okay, I wasn't the shortest. Once I moved to Alabama, it was a much larger school. I was at a private, small private school because my dad's church had a school in it growing up, and there was I went from a class of twenty seven in Texas to a of three hundred and fifty Alabama. So that was a big adjustment. But I wasn't the shortest one, So that was a yeah, you're a little fish in a pond, weren't you. Oh my goodness, I really was big change. That first day in the lunch room, Oh my goodness. You walk into the lunch room, You're like, oh, this is terrible. This is like in a movie.
Speaker 5: How much would you love bad?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Real bad? How much would you love to walk into the jockey locker room like the Kentucky Derby, Like, Hey.
Speaker 10: What's up?
Speaker 2: Dudes?
Speaker 7: Yo?
Speaker 10: What my friend my friend group we were buddy of mine got engaged. We will all went to his parents' house here in town this past weekend. They're all six four, every single one of them. There's not a normal hype dude in the group.
Speaker 5: Everybody's bigger. Every generation gets bigger. We're going back to the nephelin.
Speaker 10: My goodness, I need some short friends. It's what I need. Okay, I'm sick of looking like I'm like somebody's step son that is tagging along with a group of dudes. My goodness, you.
Speaker 2: Don't take a group picture when you up front?
Speaker 10: Again, we did have Aaron Aaron make you tell we make each other look normal. It's really nice, right you know? For scale?
Speaker 2: Are you taller than Aaron?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Without shoes on, yes, both naked totally, even even I'm naked.
Speaker 10: I'm taller than my wife.
Speaker 2: If you're wondering, you asked, you asked that that has nothing to do Barefoot's always needed I.
Speaker 10: Forgot to bring some of that taco meeting. By the way, I wanted to make Greg eat it and see even this is gooda too, buddy.
Speaker 2: You do like you do? Like he's been offing some fritters. He's been offing fritters.
Speaker 5: When he heard the word fritter, we lost Greg.
Speaker 2: Yeah. By the way, you got someone in your chin, right, you know what he said? Top two, they're not very dead ahead.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. It's like eating lunch at the cool table, the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: He made it at their to the cool table. So here we go. A brand new show is rowing and we thank you for being here with us today. Box seats enjoying a little visit.
Speaker 5: They just learned the tough news and the break that the bathroom's a long way from here. Oh we don't make a run here in a thing. They say, can you go to the bathroom? I said, with a sponsor, because we'll never see you again. And on your way to the bathroom in back, disregard the skeletal remains of those that never made it. But anyway, so it's like him going up Everston. You see boots. Yeah, yeah, So we've got other things to cover.
Speaker 2: But Greg, I can't believe he watched this, saw that this is one and weekends.
Speaker 5: We just it ended up we had time to watch. You know, we'll sit out and get us a movie or bench something. You realize you've already told us that you and Leally watched the Milli Vanilly movie. Yeah, not documentary, documentary, the movie Weird week.
Speaker 2: I threw that.
Speaker 5: I threw that up yesterday to share and she's like, what how about it was the best movie we saw because this next one, Nicholas Cage, he made him and John travolt to make more movies.
Speaker 2: And you mentioned Kevin Bacon. At least Kevin Bacon's is usually pretty good.
Speaker 5: But John Travolta and Nicholas Cage are having this contest on who can do the most. They both have lost their call factor. Now, I think John Travolta at one time may have had a call factor. Nicholas Cage has never had one. No, he has, he has never had. But anyway, it's called pig. That's what It's called. P I G p I G Pigley Wiggley pig. And it's basically it makes no sense. It's about a guy that's he's obviously he lives out in the woods and he's got this pig that's real good at finding truffles. Those pigs are really good. They use picture for that and the and these restaurants. Anyway, somebody steals this pig. He has to go back in town to find him.
Speaker 10: Oh cool, and uh, it's it's just this is great.
Speaker 2: This it's pretty still well, that's what stupid about it. They're looking for a pig. You go, it's weird, but.
Speaker 5: The pig's crucial for the truffles. Yeah, but kind to find out he used to be like highly decorated chef in town. There we go, Yeah, and they go or something happened to leave a lot unanswered questions. But what don't you think, Greg? He was sitting there with blood dried on his head and he's in a restaurant.
Speaker 10: But what I'm saying is no record, I actually want to see.
Speaker 5: This isn't the struggle Greg, that he was once a chef at also the art he has pig and the pig, which he I guess loves more than maybe you should, and the pig and the pig gets captured. But then his struggle is I'm finally out here in solitude, and I have to fight overcoming my fear of going back to town. But I must go back to town to rescue my pig. And the dilemma is I don't want to go back to town. Things were bad in town and they don't really make it, but I'm going back.
Speaker 2: To get my pig.
Speaker 5: They don't make it that clear. It it's the movie I would have written, Yeah, there's nowhere near. They just first of all, I can't figure out what the pigs is doing. I don't know what what a dag truffle is. It's it's a high end thing. They have a restaurants. This guy would come by the trustle truffles from him. It's a fancy most. He was just living in Squalor. Then they bust in and get his pig because I guess they wanted. So there's people that go out with their pigs and they get these truffles, take them into market, and that's how they make it.
Speaker 2: That's what he does.
Speaker 5: And anyway, the guy that that he normally sells them to, he's a young guy. He actually played one of the bombers. And you remember Patriot Day, the Boston bombing, the curly headed they found hitting the boat the same actor. Oh okay, I could figure out the whole movie. I'm going I've seen this guy and some you ever do that.
Speaker 2: I've never done that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Steinfeldt, if you ever watched it, exactly the whole movie.
Speaker 2: You're trying to figure out what. Yeah, I sometimes do that voices to him, like whose voice is that?
Speaker 5: If it's just a but all these things you say enter early in the movie, and you're trying to for how you know them, and they're early the whole movie.
Speaker 2: I never figured this out. Wait a minute, Wait a minute, So you explained it. I guess you just had to watch it. The trailer is them sitting in a restaurant at a table, and you got this guy, he's serving wine, and there's another guy and Nicholas Cage is sitting there and and he's got this big old long beard down to mid chest. It seems like dirty, just filthy, and all of a sudden, he loves you don't even know my pig. He says that again, you got my pig. It's just like that, And I'm like, what in the world is this terrible?
Speaker 5: He infiltrated this nice clean place all dirty, just to ask this sad my pig fancy chef down in that area, did he have his pig?
Speaker 2: No? Okay, And the guy just looks at him like, what my pig's mission? You got it?
Speaker 5: The man of life, the man of a thousand voices, has already got down in the world.
Speaker 2: So what do you saw? Special force pig person.
Speaker 5: There's one part of it that he goes down in this basement as he's and he gets in like a restaurant workers fight club.
Speaker 2: That's why he gets all bloodied up. What did that even make? Seen?
Speaker 5: Restaurant workers fight all these restaurants and they go to this and this is black guy dressed up like a uh this server and he's out there punching the chef's chef. Did the chef's fight? Are just the servers both everybody?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I didn't get it. I didn't get It's the it's the most bizarre thing. Yeah.
Speaker 10: So they don't resolve it. Really, it doesn't resolve Well okay, well, okay, thank you stop, thank you for stopping.
Speaker 2: Just what we're going to watch.
Speaker 10: Black truffles can be a thousand dollars a pound, a thousand dollars a pound for black truffles.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know about that, but I'm just telling you about it.
Speaker 5: Make you look for you pig, Greg you yes, yeah, but then he claims, well, I want to ruin it because I know he's just at one point keep on going, heart going, claims you really don't need the pig.
Speaker 2: He says, he just likes the pig. He said, I can tell where they are by the trees.
Speaker 5: Well he gave me thought it was there goes that he thought, you know, pig, I really don't need the way for the truffles.
Speaker 2: What you think the whole movie?
Speaker 5: Well, now now I'm back to my concern about him but out there along with the pig. Yeah, no, no, it's a legitimate concern. Anyway, I've got a burden tomorrow. I'm just saying it was just it was.
Speaker 2: Just a weird, weird movie. Okay, Yeah, the fight Club, now, now you got me.
Speaker 5: I don't know what that meant. Now you're just now the weird song. Yeah, I think I had a storyline up to that.
Speaker 2: That's bizarre. It was bizarre.
Speaker 5: I was ready for Fetch your restaurant, fight Club?
Speaker 2: Did you guys know?
Speaker 10: Speaking of Nicholas Cage, he's going to be in a movie, a coming bio pic or however you say it, because some people say biopic, which I think is weird.
Speaker 2: Nobody says that. I said it one time. I say biopic.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's going to be Madden. He's going to be John I forgot.
Speaker 5: I forgot, Yes, I forgot all. That may be better than pig No, have you seen him dressed his Maden?
Speaker 10: I can't even tell which one is the real one.
Speaker 2: You can't, I think you can? You know you can't. Oh, wow, is Nicholas case? That's pretty good? Pretty good? Is he going to He's going to be like Frank Kelly do and talk like him. I don't know. That's a good question.
Speaker 5: Probably that's the worst thing since Gary. You remember Gary Busey played Bar Brown. I don't know what we were doing there. I don't know what happened there. How do you ever sit around Gore? You thinking about Paul Bear Brown?
Speaker 2: Who are you thinking?
Speaker 5: I'm thinking Gary buse Somebody says, Eureka, I can't imagine who? How you ever got cast is at?
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Went to Chelse Cinnamon watched it.
Speaker 10: So it's Nicholas Nicholas Cage as John Madden and then Christian Bale as Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding.
Speaker 10: Directing?
Speaker 2: I wonder I go play Mark Davis with that haircut.
Speaker 10: Showed up in a wig and he's Mark Davis.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know who they got to play Mark Davis, Tim Walls there you go, not me Adler's man. And then there's that coming out. I don't know, but.
Speaker 10: Now already it's going to be on Prime video. Sorry, so it's out now it's not. That's just a first look, first look.
Speaker 2: While you're waiting on it. We'll go ahead watch Pig. You know how things? Was there any time? I'm sorry, Rick, go ahead, but I just want to know you fall asleep in movies? You said that, was there any time? In the middle of Pig you said I'm out now, I'm just some reason I was, and I knew it was bad the whole time.
Speaker 5: Me and Lisa both. She goes, why are we still watching this? I said, I kind of wont know if he finds his pig had I mean, it's weird, and then I won't know if you find the day. Yeah, I would have been long strong. Yeah, yeah, my whole my whole going sleep during movies. I'm looking, I'm going, you better give me something to keep me awake. And uh, but I got so confused during Fight Club. I thought maybe I had noted off and missed something because I don't know what that was. That was strange, bizarre. Yeah, I told you at the time it was you know it was. It was a little kid era. You know, your house is chaotic, you don't sleep a lot, especially what we do for a living. And I know I told that story before, and Sherry and I thought we were gonna be bold and eat dinner and go to a movie because we went on to date that babysitter and all that. See what we're gonna We're going to the nine fifteen. And we were just like yeah, and hey, we're not old, we can We're going back. We're going back in the day. We're gonna eat and movie. Because when you get older, you you have to choose one or the other. Okay, we didn't just kind of go to sleep. We went to sleep so hard we were spooning. Okay, we were completely out, like gone for the night. You know, in the theater, people pushing to say that the movie's over.
Speaker 2: Yea so I remember we had to go back and when it when that movie came to streaming and actually watch it because we missed it. I mean we didn't just go like, hey, like this. We were gone. We were done for the night. Had quite a weekend, Greg, I.
Speaker 5: Don't think I made you, chick Pig. I don't think I can make it through big. I gotta tell you I'm leaning Milly Vanilla. Yeah, it's the best of all of them. You'll feel bad for Robin. We'll be right back to stay close.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, doing what he was foring to do.
Speaker 2: Show.
Speaker 5: Come on, batter, here we go, Burgess Fall Battle coming up next hour. Lots to do, still ahead today, getting out the email.
Speaker 2: Pile here gurge and then but we ain't turning We're turning it loud.
Speaker 10: The Rick Burgess Show was rocking the crowd. The answer mail stacks time. But we're on the goos go birds on the mic. No time to stall. We're taking control. We're answering them all. Hey Bursch, Hey Bush, what's the words toy?
Speaker 2: So let's get started.
Speaker 5: Hey birds, Hey Birch, here's Megan dedicated listener. I'm up feeding the baby. Listening to the podcast archive of today's show. If that doesn't deserve a spin of the wheel, I don't know what does. I'm wondering, what do we gotta do to get these delicious breakfast balls you're talking about on Rick's Picks.
Speaker 2: Can Speedy get the recipe from from Terry?
Speaker 5: Also, I'm the one who called week two suggesting the term. It's will to me and it's stuck as Gary would say, Hey call me, okay, So can we get the recipe for breakfast balls on Rick's Picks.
Speaker 2: I did reach out to Terry about this, and she wanted to make sure she gave credit where credit is due. Uh. She got the recipe from the Blood Sugar Balanced cookbook by Meredith Mann, founder of the Peachy Spoon, and it's in in the in the cookbook, it's uh the official title is breakfast meat Balls. Can we get the recipe? Yes? I think so, And I would assume we just maybe link that or or she can just I just want to make sure credit, you know, like Terry didn't come up with the recipe I got. She was just she want to make sure somebody was trying to nobody should that's it, but they I.
Speaker 10: Had two yesterday, real good. I had two balls yesterday, none today, but I had two yesterday.
Speaker 2: I had three yesterday to today. I had one yesterday three today. I won't land on two.
Speaker 5: No, I went to the two format today, but I did it while Greg was still working in there and needing some But anyway, so we'll get that on there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and yeah, they don't seem it seemed like they don't seem breakfasty to me.
Speaker 2: They are, Yeah, they are.
Speaker 5: They lunch, They're delicious, they're so good.
Speaker 2: Well, it's funny you said that, because it does say, uh, it's a great snack at breakfast or at any time of the day. It comes with more. Fourteen meatballs is the official deal. But it's you got ground chicken, ground turkeys. It's got green apple in Granny Smith apple, grated apples there, yellow onion diced, let's see eggs, all coconut flour cage. Why don't we just put it on the website yead of you reading? Who's going to write it now? I just I'm just telling Adler because he's he's want to make sure there's no aluminum.
Speaker 10: Greg.
Speaker 5: They're good for Greg greg ate one. But unfortunately followed it with two fritters. So the helping you the sugar too great taste that go great to other Uh, hey, bird hay burd just from Adam, I can't believe Speedy snubbed you twice at church.
Speaker 2: Yeah I didn't. I've got it and I didn't. Nobody snubbed anybody. I've got an idea. Maybe you should start a small group and invite Speedy already have one.
Speaker 5: I've invited him. It could it could be a fishing lure making that class. Maybe a handyman learning class. No, nothing like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a handy man, he said, A lot from you, Rick, He said, if I saw you at church, Rick, I'm not near as close to you as Speedy, and I would speak to you. That's not it, said y'all the situation. I would have been a bit up if i'd have busted up in there.
Speaker 5: He said, Adler would have been. Adam would have spoke to Speedy because he's his workplace friend.
Speaker 2: M H and H.
Speaker 5: And then uh, here's another one, hey, bird hay Burge. I need to teach Speedy how to handle this uncomfortable situation at church? He said, What I do if I see a friend of mine, and he is surrounded and he's got a lot going on. Never would I not acknowledge him at all. I would go by and at least give him a squeeze on the top of the shoulder, pat him on the back, and keep moving.
Speaker 2: I thought about I thought about giving you up. I don't know that, but the situation I see, well, I'm thinking, what if somebody is in a like a deep spiritual conversation with you or dealing with something else in like and like that's inappropriate? Yeah, maybe, but they didn't in service, I saw that on the shoulder, what's up, hoss? Well, and I thought, and just keep moving, I thought, because I saw you pre service, I thought, well, I'll catch him post and the then that fell apart post so that I'm like, well, I didn't see he was trying to get out of there and get to the restaurant. No, actually you left real quick one time. Rick, you and Sherry bolted, correct. I couldn't get to you, And I think you felt relieving him. I've talked to him, that's true. And you know what we did.
Speaker 5: We do have you know, Sherry and I we co teaching people. We'd like to have you in our life grief, that's not unless you don't want to be in it. I'll put you in somebody else's.
Speaker 2: Is that where we're going there? I have to call it Sunday school because I hate, I hate, I hate, I hate the term life group. All right, here we go. So but if I would have busted up in there, then y'all would have criticized me for blowing it out up conversation. Welly came in. He was over greeting. This guy can't win, this guy offered, sir. This guy offered a perfect solution. Hey, what's hey?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: I know y'all, I know y'all got we had not just one year? We're here. Love y'all. Maybe I love you or something? How about some encouragement. I did think about texting you a picture of you.
Speaker 8: Love you?
Speaker 2: I love you, Love you, man? What's wrong with that?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: I love love you, bro, I love you like my brother. I want you to know I love y'all.
Speaker 10: Got wed. You got a weird way of show and that is how.
Speaker 2: We show it.
Speaker 5: We told you you know who we don't love people that we just kind of get through the moment with people we ras and.
Speaker 10: People I don't love anybody, because I'm getting through the moment with everyone except my family, the three of them. And I'm not even talking about life extended family.
Speaker 2: Right out of breath again. Hey bird, he birge. This is from Dusty. Oh pretty good. This is from Dusty. Hey like it?
Speaker 7: Man like you?
Speaker 2: All right? Greg?
Speaker 5: Picture us as beer. I'm just kidding right back at you.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 5: The epitome of men don't run in the rain. The epitome of men don't run in the rain was witness by me. You're gonna love this.
Speaker 10: No, Speedy's a ginger beer.
Speaker 5: Why my son's a couple of weeks ago. I'm baptist. I don't get that joke. How about this? Walking out of the store and the light rain, The three of us walked out to our truck, as is the norm. As we sat down inside, another father and teenage son walked out of the store headed for the truck.
Speaker 2: No shocker here.
Speaker 5: The grown man walked calmly straight in the rain, but not the sun. He started running full speed to the door, hit one of those grass curb areas in the parking lot. His feet went out from under him and busted.
Speaker 2: Is a god.
Speaker 5: I just turned to my new sons, my two sons, and said, and that's why men.
Speaker 2: Don't run in the rank. I had a little frantic teenager or some young buck got frantic, busted his tail. Now he's down over rain. Then you're on the pavement. I've been.
Speaker 10: I was in flip flops trying to run one time in the rain. Flip flops it's like walking on a slipping slide.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're horrible.
Speaker 7: Car.
Speaker 5: I think if you put on flip flops while and and and and it's raining, you're just you're just saying, let me see how hard I can fall.
Speaker 2: Yes, you'll slide down. Unbelievablehen is it? When is the last time? It? Was it when you fell in pine troll? The last time you felt the hardest where you had no control? And damn you're on the ground. No have you never fallen?
Speaker 7: I have?
Speaker 2: I just can't think I had a I had a pretty good spill at the farm. You did. Oh when I fell down Chandler stairs out into the garage. That that's a big one.
Speaker 5: My heart mine was trying to fill up a feeder. There's one of those kinds. I'm only at media today because no one saw it up a squirrel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just jumped up real quick.
Speaker 5: I don't know why I was kidding. I don't know who I thought saw me.
Speaker 2: I know, how about falling in the dark? Is that not the worst I've done? I dripped over one of Cutty's bombs, of course, and fell from one side of the room into the closet. The other morning it was it was the there was the running again. She's out, Yeah, come out of the out of the closet like I'm good. Just sounded selttle. Who's up for a Burgess ball battle? We got it coming out hanging the.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the Ricks Birch Show, broadcasting from the real world with Speedy, Gregg.
Speaker 2: Handler, and Rick Burgess.
Speaker 10: Book Up America.
Speaker 2: It's time pulled the shallow America.
Speaker 22: Here we go.
Speaker 10: Welcome to the.
Speaker 2: Rig Burges just show brock casting from the real bed Gregg Candler and Rick Burges. But there are just time for the shoe, all right. So it's time baby, before we started a new hour. Speedy, Greg and Adler, they're all here today. Welcome to the Rick burd Box. Seats are here and ready to go.
Speaker 4: Casting from the reel.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: So we got the we got the box seats from all over and they've been warming up a lot. They're they're ready. They're ready today. I think for the battle.
Speaker 5: The question is who will it be out of the seats that will be in the battle. Calvin Speedy Wilburn works his way over to the courts.
Speaker 2: He is standing by to announce which two people we'll face each other in the burgess ball battle. Speedy, come in, Greg. He drew two numbers. Boy, Greg, each number is matched. I bet the guys in there, yep. And I saw him walking together, so this is always awkward. Yeah, he drew. He drew Alex Cordon and Jess Thornton. Oh, but I know they came in together.
Speaker 16: Oh, I know.
Speaker 2: They've been trash talking. They've been sizing each other up, a little bit on each other. Now it's on, it's on, so we will see what happens. We got Jess to the left, Alex to the right. Guys, you've got thirty seconds, first, twenty seconds. Everything counts as a two. Last ten seconds, it's three's, So don't give up if you're a little behind. We're gonna go here. We're gonna go here and here and then wait till the applause, wait and.
Speaker 10: Go all right, we got Alex and we got Jess.
Speaker 2: Right now it is two nothing to too. What about that shot? It's four to two Jess over Alex. Now it is oh still four to two, six to two, Jess over Alex. Alex is now dramed tuck uple Now it's eight to six, eight ten eight Alex over es last ten seconds, it's tied ten to ten. It's thirteen to ten. Now it's thirteen thirty tiny sixteen sixteen sixteen, Oh my graciousness, ninety twenty two, twenty two, it is tied tied. It's a hot twenty two, twenty twenty two, twenty two. What did we do last time? Can y'all remember what we did? I think, I think? What do we do here? Adler knows? Avler what we do?
Speaker 10: It was the three shot. Wasn't it like a three shot best out of three shot?
Speaker 2: Three shot?
Speaker 9: Was it?
Speaker 2: Three shots?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what he did. He went, we went the best of three. So you asked of three shots, and we see who makes the most. Okays, Alex is up first. He's gonna use the right lane.
Speaker 23: He's got for one oh for two no, oh for three Alex City Alex, Alex Alex, how did you shoot with your your hands around your neck?
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. Jess is up now, Jess, you just need to make one. Come on, Jesses, just one, all right, so fry.
Speaker 5: Here's what happens next meeting here, so the will will be illuminated now, and this one went down to double overtime or actually overtime, so the loser is actually gonna spend first, all right, so we've added something.
Speaker 2: Now, here's what happens winter.
Speaker 5: So when the loser spends, you can either take what he spends and you're like, I'll take that, I'll go home, or or you say I'm gonna spend for myself. So you know, which means money, money and money. You got to spend better than whatever he spun. Maybe easy, if he spends something you wouldn't care about, it's easy. But boy, if he spends money, you do have the opportunity to take that money from him because you won, brother, and he lost with probably three of the worst shots I've.
Speaker 2: Ever seen in overtime.
Speaker 10: That's not necessary to say.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, I'm just helping him.
Speaker 5: I mean so, so when you're ready you say it's not will to me because you lost, Alex, it's not will to me, and then spend it.
Speaker 2: He just said it, all right there, Okay, there we go. Okay, we go, all right, so be paying attention. Here we go.
Speaker 5: Let's see where this land.
Speaker 2: Guys go, Oh my goodness. Okay, so here's your discussion winner.
Speaker 5: He won vox seats, meaning you could come back whenever, and whenever you want to, we'll work you back in.
Speaker 2: You don't have to go book anymore.
Speaker 5: You can keep those, or you can spend and say I think I can do better now once you spin, that's gone. Yeah, okay, so take it or spend for something better.
Speaker 2: I got to say, of course you all right, so go ahead and say it's will to me. Oh smooth, spare you go smooth. He's going close right here, this can be closest. He's got it. He's got it, he's got it. He's got.
Speaker 1: Man, don't me the grass?
Speaker 2: Wow, wow, man, gratulations. Look at Alex. Alex is walking back dejected. Yeah, I could have been yours. Alex. Just love money, money, reckon. This is not like me. But Alex came in here talking trash. Watch on the camera and we all suck that what we do, all right? And then he comes over here. I thought this guy's gonna really live it up. I'm just talking all that trash. Yeah, that's it's just thousand dollars. Yeah, that's it. You will. You'll have to wow one thousand dollars for Jess Thornton. Man about that. Congratulations, man, Wow, And I can't wait to get into overtime. It could have been Alexis Rick.
Speaker 5: I know Vox seats are a big deal, but I'm right choice Yeah, yeah, I think you did. I was afraid you were gonna hit on Healing boy. You were so close to Healing boy. Now let me tell you that's not better than seats.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got an idea he could win, he could win both. I'll split the ground with you and give you Vox seats Speed. I'm kidding, correct. Do you want five hundred dollars in seats for Speedy?
Speaker 5: Takes the other five hundred, which feels which makes us now realize we didn't realize it.
Speaker 2: So just now Speedy's running a black horse.
Speaker 10: Paid to be here? How many I'm paid to be here?
Speaker 2: Speedy's beenmo Yeah, I was joking. Do you see me. He did think about it. I realized.
Speaker 5: I remember a minute ago and I thought they were kidding when the person said, you know, this is great, worth every penny, and I thought, I thought, what's a joke because it's free. I realize, have your fun.
Speaker 10: Speedy selling VIP packages.
Speaker 2: How about the upgrade?
Speaker 5: And he wins a thou that was exciting, not for Alex, but it was exciting for the.
Speaker 2: Rest of us, for everybody else. It really was. And that's so fantastic.
Speaker 5: We'll come back. We're gonna meet everybody in the box. Sea's not just Alex and Jess. We'll say hello, bring up the big boy, Mike, fire it up and let you meet these wonderful folks right after this.
Speaker 2: Stay close.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show in a world that has gone nuts. They are here too well to point it out. The Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 5: Thanks for being with us today, America text nations saying they're noticing that mister Chen is thriving.
Speaker 2: They're thrilled with that.
Speaker 5: Good congratulations once again to Jess Thornton. He won the Burgess Ball battle in overtime and then spun one thousand dollars on the wheel, so he'll be receiving that check from Big Vox Entertainment along with his is it ten ninety nine.
Speaker 2: For the yes? So that's all right, that's that's a good problem to. Let's say hello, big Time Rush, you'll be sending that out the box. Seats are here. Let's say hello, So come on up, Miles and Erica to.
Speaker 5: The big boy Mike, Miles, Lilly, Our Lily Lily and Erica Thorn here they come. So where you guys from?
Speaker 2: Originally North Carolina? Somewhere, moved here, moved here? Okay, what about you, Erica, I'm from Trustville, Trustful. What's the situation here?
Speaker 8: Barent Gate?
Speaker 2: So you got a you got a ring in? A date?
Speaker 4: A date?
Speaker 5: Oh well, well, well, well thinking about it. Get the schedule solid. Congratulations, So do you do? You guys have any questions you want to ask for?
Speaker 2: Shout out? You want to give a few shout out. Today is actually my youngest sister's birthday. What's what's your name?
Speaker 5: Sydney, Sydney, Happy birthday, Sydney, and thank you both for being here, and then thank you for listening to the show. And congratulations. Do you have anything?
Speaker 2: Are you good?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: I just wanted to shout out my family, my dad, James and Dana, and then my brothers Adam and Joel.
Speaker 5: Thank you for first time you've ever watched the live show? Okay, well thank you. Seeing it is that stranger than hearing it.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a little different.
Speaker 5: So how do you normally get the show?
Speaker 20: What?
Speaker 8: What? What?
Speaker 2: Podcasters? Podcast archive?
Speaker 10: I just listened to the radio and YouTube.
Speaker 5: Okay, were great for me here and enjoy.
Speaker 10: Just want to give one more shout out.
Speaker 2: Of course, my boss let me. That's smart. Yeah, get a date. That's so. Let's get the halls up here with their friend Tyler. Here's Shenise Parker Peyton and then their friend Tyler O'Brien. Yeah yeah, they all come. Oh boys, they can't believe we didn't draw their numbers.
Speaker 10: They were so fire Jack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were so ready to go. All right, so what's the what's the store here? Where you guys from? We're from Dathan and that's three sons.
Speaker 5: And one whose friend is is Okay, he's a friend of all the boys. Okay, I got you. So so you've picked up do you feel like he's a good friend for your sons?
Speaker 14: He's a great friend.
Speaker 5: Okay, something no one ever said about Greg. So, so any any shout outs or questions that the Halls and Tyler want to ask. Okay, come on up, got your hair perfect today?
Speaker 2: Like I wish? What if I had his hair? Do you have to take his and now he's bald or can you both have No, I'm taking him. Do you get to go tea? Yeah, sure if you want. You don't have to go to anymore. No, because I got the hair.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'll shout out my fiance.
Speaker 2: We do have a date over.
Speaker 10: July twenty six.
Speaker 24: She's a night shift labor delivery nurse, so she's burning the midnight all that's why she's not here.
Speaker 10: But names Reagan.
Speaker 2: Reagan congratulations, Yeah, that's right here the friend Hey here, Okay, I'm actually in his wedding, so I'm a good friend.
Speaker 5: All on you.
Speaker 19: I actually to shout out my my big brother Jamie, and then my sisters engage.
Speaker 1: Everybody's engaged.
Speaker 2: Engage.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to say hey to Jamie and uh hated the family all right. You see how you treated his big brother. Sounds like you kind of like him.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, so anybody else from the Hall.
Speaker 2: Crew, I got nothing.
Speaker 22: He's just here.
Speaker 2: He's along. You know. That's the brother that always looks sleepy every time you say it looks like you just got out.
Speaker 5: He got his hair all over his head. Let's like you just got up. Yeah, okay, well about you, mom?
Speaker 2: Are you good? Okay?
Speaker 10: It's glad to be here.
Speaker 2: I enjoy the rest of the show. Let's give it up for the halls in there their friend Tyler. Where'd y'all play against each other in the break? Don't worry about it? All right, Alex and Jess, y'all want to try again.
Speaker 5: Here's a here's our burgers ball battle guys, Alex Spartan and Jess Thornton. Jess won one thousand dollars in the Burgess Ball Battle today.
Speaker 2: Get you some of that.
Speaker 24: The Oath and Crew wrapping just a minute ago. Where you guys from Silicaga, silicag Ica. Jess and I've been friends for a long time. I wouldn't have it any other way. And here's the frider gidder this morning. I wouldn't investment that was that was an investment. I've got a I've got a dilemma for you, guys. I won't go into detail but I did it. You know Speedy's cheap.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, we all know that I did a job for him. He paid him cash. Does this cash? It's a small water cash.
Speaker 24: Does it go in to museum somewhere or is there a you know, an offering plan I need to put it in. Do you think there's a let me take if.
Speaker 5: He paid you in cash? If he paid you in cash, here's what I feel bad for tomorrow. We were supposed to do parking lot password and I gave him cash. And I realized he gave it to you. If you if you got Speedy to give you cash, uh, and now keep him by. You didn't see the bill, Folks don't know where it came from, but that, yeah, you should put that in some sort of museum of some kind.
Speaker 2: I bet he worried y'all today the whole time. I wouldn't have been there. I got three to five texts today.
Speaker 24: He texted me three times this morning, and I finally was like, just forget about the fence until I'm finished.
Speaker 2: He'll were you want to. Y'all did a great job. Thank you thout. Okay, you got great guys, Thanks for having.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you as congratulations buddy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, thanks, I enjoyed it all right, he guys, that was worth it.
Speaker 2: That's good. Speedy tried every way in the world to give it to jest. What you all right? So here here Carol and Mike Walker. Yeah, they come, Carol and Mike Walker. So just just listen to you guys talk.
Speaker 5: He's tall. We're gonna put him by ablor and take a picture.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is a cool nickname. Tall my.
Speaker 5: So I know there's some conversations we were having in the break y'all. Y'all local, right, y'all from here from yeah, from you're from Birmingham. So so do you have any questions or shout outs at all?
Speaker 2: Shout out on a question?
Speaker 5: All right, bringing up where when you can bring it up, you want to talk just a little bit.
Speaker 25: The shout out will be I've been last week we celebrated our forty second.
Speaker 2: Waiting and so the shout out would be for her living with me for the forty years year for two years. Yes, that's right.
Speaker 25: Then the question would be, since I have married someone that has similar maneurisms that Rick has as far as efficiency and you know, people driving, Yes, if Sherry was speaking to me today, how would she advise me on how to live another forty two years?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, y, yes, so well, first of all, you you married a wonderful person since the But yes, Sherry would tell you that you just have to go with it and let us work out our stuff.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: Sherry said she tried early in marriage to say, you don't have to make everywhere we go more efficient, and now she just lets me go and she'll just go.
Speaker 2: Just get all your system and see if you can work the line and tell everybody. So you just get to the point where it comes with it and a forty seven years you got to be there now and there's no changing us at this point. You just you just go with and be super super patient and if you'll just let us go, you'll find it. We'll make your life more efficient. And now maybe, yeah, maybe you'll see. I'll tell Sherry that she needs to maybe seend you an email and go now let me tell you the real truth.
Speaker 5: So so, yeah, so nice to meet you.
Speaker 2: Nice to meet you.
Speaker 8: I was gonna shout out my brother Yarry Waters.
Speaker 10: He actually goes to Valley.
Speaker 5: Dell with you, He sure does. Yeah, there you go, and you guys go to Hunter street, right, and they.
Speaker 2: Don't have a lot of the same mannerisms too. Yes, to Larry, it's like talking to you, well, you know what, you know what, we're just a great family. How about this?
Speaker 5: What what you realize? And with Larry now with me, we're it's a movement.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 2: It's we're taking over the We're taking over society so efficient it really will. Thank you all both so much, and thank you for being here today.
Speaker 5: It's all Mike Alabama power employ it. Oh that's why Greg kept coming over and y'all talking makes sense? Oh yeah, you ever noticed you know that thing and this face had even the apostle Paul had to get them to Peter about it.
Speaker 2: It is like Greg really gives us a lot. And as in some of his uh huh colleagues will come around from you, you know, from the holidays. Have your notice. Hell, he distanced himself with us.
Speaker 5: It gets over and they start talking and then he'll start kind of acting like you don't even know who we are. Yeah, you want when when his other blue collar folks show right now, do you? It's been a tough adjustment and now you already be there by now. Yeah, sixteen years I should be up. But the wise collar world for you, it's just a different deal.
Speaker 2: Do you feel guilty a little bit? Like when you're talking to him, they're still getting after it? Yeah, like yeah, like Mike, are you still working? You return? Okay? Oh? Loving it?
Speaker 5: That's right, So he's not. Is he working anymore?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: Oh they're very handy. Oh so you're handy, so you're handed.
Speaker 2: Hey if you need me.
Speaker 5: Tall Mike building a bed? Yeah, got my Phillips said, crushing rinch, ready to go. Yeah, you need batteries. I can do nine vote, I can do. I can do gold top crick double a triple a gold talk. Yeah you already as see me. I get a few you see batteries of man.
Speaker 2: No, boy, that's when you're showing on. So we'll uh, we'll be we'll be guy, it's kid.
Speaker 5: It's still more to cover today, and thank you guys for being so kind to us. More of the Rick Burgess Show coming up. We'll work two things that are still on the table.
Speaker 2: Might squeeze in.
Speaker 5: I think we can another unscreened phone calls since we only have one today before we're done.
Speaker 2: So we paid attention for that too.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgers Show Only in America? Could these four men do this for a living God? Bless America. This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: We're back America. Thanks for being with us. All right, So from text Nation, I think we should make a note of this.
Speaker 5: Somebody said I could listen to Greg Burgess do movie reviews every day. So I think if we're going to review a movie from this day, for Greg has to go watch it.
Speaker 2: And then tell us about it. Well, I especially if it's a good and luck pig. Yeah, thank you Greg for pig. My pillow, my pillow.
Speaker 5: Everybody here was writing that down going, but I know what I'm doing this week, MyPillow dot com slash big Vox. Let me ask you something. I want you to think of the best sheets you've ever slept on. That I want you to multiply that by one hundred. Now you're getting somewhere close to my pillow Giza dream bed sheets, the best bed sheets ever, and right now you can order them any size, any size, speedy, I know you.
Speaker 2: That's your next question.
Speaker 5: Forty nine ninety eight no matter, okay, four hundred thread counts. And also, don't forget the absolute best cotton in the world from Giza. So that means you can go Queens Kings, Split Kings, California Kings, any size, any color, forty nine ninety eight. All right, now they're gonna you need to get this done because when they're going, they're gone at this price. So also, if you spend over one hundred dollars, you're gonna get one hundred dollars in free digital gifts. Also, raise your hand if you'd like to have a clean energy drink Rev.
Speaker 2: Seven.
Speaker 5: This is this is it, boy, This is Adler's World, Lyndale's drafting with RFK Junior, trying to make America healthy again. Yep, all right, so this is and you you were telling me about this. This is the go b HB. So this means no caffeine, no sugar, no stimulants or anything like that. Right, yes, good clean energy, yes, laser focused.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: And you can get it right now at thirty percent off if you go to mypedow dot com slash big vox, so use our code big vox and then you'll save thirty percent on Rev.
Speaker 2: Seven. Question mark question if you don't mind question mark. Okay, wait a minute, that's punctual. No, go ahead, when's the last time you battled a woodpecker? I don't know if I am, I'm in an all out war with a woodpeckers. Oh they'll do it, yep. I mean yeah. Well, so my parents have some some like white columns out in front of their house or they're real thin, but I would like, you know, represent like a little thin tree or something. And there's one out there that's going to you gotta chake him out. I'm trying, man, I'm trying to go out there in little woodpeckers flying off and I'm chasing it. And do you know, I'm in a mess.
Speaker 5: Certain species. Keep it down home, because I think I don't know.
Speaker 10: I think that's is it.
Speaker 2: You can't shoot any woodpeckers. I think that's all.
Speaker 5: How long is the statue of the Statue of Limitations?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I can't believe. I tell you something.
Speaker 5: When I was a little boy, I stacked ab up like cordwood. Oh they were like they were like a trophy. Oh yeah, I remember one time. They can't get me now right, I'm sixty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, take a minor. At that time. I was a minor. Hey, Greg, were we not with that daisy our daisy b B guns.
Speaker 5: We were unstoppable. Oh yeah, and uh and one and one time. I didn't know about this. I don't I don't know about this. Every woodpeckers illegal, but I knew that the yellow hammer was the state bird. And I killed a yellow hammer. And I was out there, buried in the swamp thinking, well, there goes my life. I'm sitting out there nine years old, going well, life's over.
Speaker 2: They got me. That's the end of it. In serving times, well, I have, I have tried everything, and I keep coming t that no, because I can't. I can't get it in a you got a pelic gun? Woll I mean home?
Speaker 10: Because I just googled can you shoot a woodpecker? No, it's generally illegal to kill wooder.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not killing the woodpecker.
Speaker 5: I just generally illegal.
Speaker 10: They're protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.
Speaker 2: Generally illegal, and the red.
Speaker 10: Red rocketed woodpeckers are generally endangered.
Speaker 2: But that's not the one where you shoot the red one? Is that the one that you know? Probably I don't know. I'm not thinking of I don't think it is. I just I have not been able to catch it, and and plus I catch it well you know what I mean, catch it in the act. But I just go out and then there's another start of another little hole and you know, filling it up and got the foam and getting it and then sawing that off and then painting it and you know, making it look nice and here it comes from. But there's another one and then to post it and it rotten. I don't know why it's chose that post. Is that what bugs are in it? I mean, I don't know that. I don't know if they're doing that or looking for a little home. It's almost likely it's a little bit of recreational drilling. Yeah, sometimes I think that's pack for pleasure. I put some steel wool in there, and then I then I did the little little foam stuff that fills up gaps, and then and then and then got nie get.
Speaker 16: To be steel wool trick and know that still speedy at show. Wouldn't that rust with a ste steel, It's not gonna get wet. I mean I just put it inside and then covered it with I didn't know what.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to do.
Speaker 6: I just.
Speaker 2: Wear on YouTube. Don't don't do that hand motion again. But the just wiping it off, No, No, it was different. It was when you were putting the stuff. Yeah, you just wind him up. Let him at least.
Speaker 5: Help everybody out sharp something in a hole.
Speaker 2: That's what you do, right, just not being Hey, my father in law, herd freak.
Speaker 10: He's a plant freak. He's a I mean, he'll go hiking in the snow for for a week, my father in law, Okay, my bird, my wife's dad. He'll hike in the snow for he'll wear snow shoes, get your week and disappear for a week and the mountains hiking sending us felt that he's got a satellite tracker, so it's all safe and all that, but he is a nature freak. He's a bird freak. One time he is at my house and we look in the woods way off in the distance. And because I've been battling battling woodpeckers too, they'll do a straight line, a straight line, but okay, and so we're out on the back deck and I go, look, there's that woodpecker. I think that's the one that's bothering me. And it was a rare type of woodpecker. It was one of the bigger ones. The smaller ones.
Speaker 2: Well we'll see redhead.
Speaker 10: Yes, and it's pilliated of course. And he goes, he's holding my son, by the way, and he goes, wow, look at that. You just made my day. And I'm like, buddy, you're holding your your grandson right now, should make your day. You need to just your your bird levels of exciting rise.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but in all fairness, think how long it takes for us to make a hole in the wood.
Speaker 10: Right, But the unit see affiliated woodpecker every day.
Speaker 2: So there you go, Right, I'm still featured. I'm still still bird feats at the house by the bags. Well, I just don't know it because it's driving my mom crazy, you know, and she wants it. I thought about putting a no pecking signed. I don't I don't think they read. They don't read some digestions there and yeah, they're real peck wherever they want to pack.
Speaker 5: How they keep them getting a headache?
Speaker 2: I think about that. I mean, I've been hunting the hardwoods before, and you hear that, oh yes, but not the posting in my pair.
Speaker 5: And what I don't get is why is he picking a post on a house when he has hardwoods everywhere.
Speaker 10: Sometimes you get a messed up one in the brain.
Speaker 2: Their brains get springing. Those are the ones that are on meth. No, they and they'll come.
Speaker 10: They'll come in and hit up all kinds stuff where there's no and you can't stop them. It's like in their brain.
Speaker 2: Now, Oh, that's where I find food.
Speaker 22: How you?
Speaker 5: How are you finding food on the house.
Speaker 2: I'm not seeing any like carpenter bees or anything, because I've looked off in that hole and like got a flashlight and looked in there, just to make sure they're not after something that's in there, and it there's nothing there. It's just nothing. I don't know. I just didn't know. Maybe I'm seeing the comments now okay, let yeah, y'all help speedy if you can. I don't know. I mean, I just want to get I don't know how to get rid of it. Or do you just let them peck on? It's generally illegal, not every time, generally speaking, Well I don't. I mean, if I so, I generally should not kill a mountain lion.
Speaker 5: But if it's coming into my yard and I feel like I'm in danger and I kill it, they say, Okay, we understand so it's generally illegal to kill a woodpecker unless he's a troll in your house and you take attacking you, Yeah, are taking saint? Say say he picked he started picking your grandson on the top of the head.
Speaker 2: You had to do something. Oh and now yeah, Now, if I'm defending it, that's fine. But are you not going to defend your parents' house? Yeah? And it's halfway up so it's not on the ground, so there's no there's no termite. I don't know what it's after. It's just this one, this one column. They wouldn't treat my family that way. Well, I'd stand up to do something. I have filled up two holes.
Speaker 5: All that's ready working. You know what you're doing's saying thanks you set the table again.
Speaker 2: That's all you're doing. Just set the table again. Have I buddy? Sorry, buddy, Thank y'all for caring.
Speaker 10: We just care, you know you do kind of care.
Speaker 2: They don't let Adler's father in law go up there and look at it. This best day ever. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 8: Here we go.
Speaker 5: It is ten minutes to the time of the hour, The Rick Burgess Show. Thank you for being with us today as we continue to work through another one together.
Speaker 2: Things you need to know. We will you know, continue tomorrow. We started this early this year.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow parking lot password returns, we will go ahead and let you know we'll be in Birmingham. Uh, in the Birmingham market one O four seven w z z K. We will tell you on tomorrow's program where Speedy will be located. Uh, so you can go out and get ready for parking lot password if you can, uh you know, pull it off. Then Speedy is gonna be holding cash. As you heard earlier, it's something that people don't.
Speaker 2: See a lot.
Speaker 5: Uh, it is not Speedy's cash makes it more believable. Uh, it is actually going to be money that comes here from Big Vox Entertainment. So he'll have five twenties. Speedy buy me lunch tomorrow as we go through parking lot password.
Speaker 2: So that's smart. Not about so I'm out and about yep, meeting the people meeting you know. I love that, Yes, you do stream there's we put us the sign that we had up over here. We put it in our podcast studio. I need to find what about that one? Yeah, that one's free and clear. We'll look well, Adam likes it. He does, but maybe for thirty minutes it's or forty five if could take it, Because if not, I'm just a a weird, bald creeper in the parking lot screaming at people and they run from. They run from.
Speaker 5: What if you took the cody and just carried it around?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 5: Bet that'll get your tent. You get people's attention. Hey, Rick, you know how I'm not good about remembering anything. Oh you're not anyway. I was supposed to wish my son in law, Riley Jones happy birthday today.
Speaker 2: You know what you probably shouldn't say. I'm supposed to just say no, happy birthday, right, I am?
Speaker 5: I meant that, but so I always forget everything. But yep, I missed Happy birthday rally with eight minutes.
Speaker 2: You know a good man? You know what what I'll say.
Speaker 5: I'll say this, Riley, unlike your father in law, you're a likable guy. Okay, you know he's a good man. Yeah, unlike me. You did good with him.
Speaker 2: Him around a bunch of burgesses is fun.
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 5: He just kind of sits back and says, I'm just gonna take it all in and he does have birthday, right, and you mean that good?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 5: By the way, speedy, I want you to look at the picture on text Nation about why they do not get a headache, all right, the.
Speaker 2: Amazing to the phones we got Sharper, the pecker, the the the big I mean, let's just move on. Let's just move on. That's got nothing to do with the louder the noise, right, So if you hear a real loud one, that means it's sharp. Yep, you're right, bunny, to the phones we go. I read that Rick Brokers show unscreen phone calls going ahead speed.
Speaker 13: How about my Murray State Racers getting getting rid of old miss for you there yesterday?
Speaker 2: How about that game? How nervous were you in the seventh, eighth, and ninth?
Speaker 13: Holy crap, they both got rid of them.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is, it is. I mean all sports it's hard to finish the game, but in baseball and softball too, those last few innings, you know, all we only got six outs left. Those are the hardest outs you'll ever have to make. But they just say it was twelve to three at one time. Yeah, it was twelve three, and that's the last out. He flew out to center field. Wow, and they did beat Ole Miss and the ole miss regionals. Congratulations, you've made You've made sure everybody knows he Versus Riley here.
Speaker 10: Real quick speeding you can rub it in their face.
Speaker 2: No, I'm good, I'm good. I don't need that. I don't need that. Go ahead, play it.
Speaker 10: Head out towards center field.
Speaker 2: Hold guard underneath it. Man State racis.
Speaker 5: Into super Regionals for the first time in program history.
Speaker 2: It's a big, big marker there.
Speaker 5: Nice yes, and who the beat?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: They beat the old miss. Okay, all right, old miss like the blew it? But Ole Miss blow us wrong?
Speaker 5: Well almost, well, listen, Missus started getting after a little bit.
Speaker 2: Told j I said, look, that looks like I'm watching y'all play Rick Murders show in twelve to ten to t Gosh, that's mean. Well, that's funny. That's funny. Unscreen phone calls go ahead, it's called Chielders. Hey body, Carl, Hey Carl.
Speaker 22: I don't want to say something about that call.
Speaker 1: That fella named Larry Yes, the patch man.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I like the way he talks.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, all right, then thank you.
Speaker 5: Somebody says, what's happening? In your house has nothing to do with eating. They're trying to make noise to bring females in. Is an expert. We continue. I mean we've heard nine different things than great. Back to you and Riley. We continue, unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Yes, sir, this.
Speaker 22: Is a Steven from Myles, Alabama.
Speaker 2: How y'all doing. I hope you're okay?
Speaker 22: He don't tell Stadio. I ain't gonna guarantee you one hundred percent. But we had issue with a shed we got up from the boat the house and dog. Yes, oh, corpor The bees was getting in there pretty bad on the wood and in the wood, and the woodpeckers did migrate to it to go pilated one. We put up penfold in places, stifled it up on some of the wood. That's work.
Speaker 2: Look, Stephen, thank you, sign of hell. It's very thoughtful. Every time everybody walks up and sink, hey babe, potatoes to note any more problem, any more prominent on but thank you.
Speaker 5: Still with woodpecker and dad have good news back look goodn't even bad news is we're done with the woodpeckers. The good The bad news is you're gonna look like we put your house and living.
Speaker 2: And we could like the rover. Yeah.
Speaker 5: We continue. Rick Burgess Show on screen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 8: Do you what tastes like chicken?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, all right now the chicken chicken thies. It's a dark mat.
Speaker 2: We continue. Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 13: Okay, Hey Speedy, Uh, I was getting the card?
Speaker 22: Now what did you say about the woodpecker?
Speaker 2: All right, I just cut him funny, just saying I read that you did.
Speaker 5: Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls, Go ahead. Hey, what're you trying to think about that?
Speaker 2: Phone? Kyrie?
Speaker 6: By mister?
Speaker 2: Mister? We continue, Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 7: I know that, Hey Speedy, Yes, sir, Hey, I was wondering if if I handle this woodpecker problem it's your parents show? Could I get around the golf out of you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is this show Hunt? Jack? What's up?
Speaker 9: Budd?
Speaker 10: Are you the one and only brother I might need you?
Speaker 2: Show Hunt? There you go? Oh yeah, Rick Burger Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 22: I was going to talk to Greg about.
Speaker 2: There was a doggie daycare where hawk flew down and God won the puppies there.
Speaker 5: Now, why would you want to tell Greg that. Do you think Greg, if he'd been there, he would have protected the puppy.
Speaker 2: From the hall, or no, he would have enjoyed that. I thought it was a character for it's really him. I think that's his voice. I guess he's we.
Speaker 1: Talked to the public every day, and trust us, you should be gravely conserved, you know.
Speaker 5: I guess he was talking about all the stress. That was only when I had all them poly my first home, come down and take them all home.
Speaker 2: I guess that's what he was.
Speaker 5: That's why to bring it home, buddy, text nation, like you, I thought it was a text nation. Just when I thought there were no more woodpecker jokes on the planet. You continue to correct. Yes, they've got a bun.
Speaker 2: We continue, Rick Bird, your show on screen, phone calls, go ahead, Oh.
Speaker 22: You want to hell today, leave the show, leave us work.
Speaker 2: Oh good night.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, honestly, you thought that would be long before now it's been.
Speaker 2: It's been.
Speaker 5: It's been a pretty good somebody's in that register, you know.
Speaker 2: You know something? So the clock we had twenty seconds, Yeah, nearly over the clubs. The good news is looking good, Frog, the good The good news is that a small portion of the audience did not hear it. Yeah, I want that guy to call back every now and they were.
Speaker 10: I liked it.
Speaker 2: I liked his voice, liked his delivery, I liked everything about that. Found change it right. So uh so there we go. Well we knew that was coming up, we did. I'm sure.
Speaker 10: Sorry buddy speaking, if you were a bird, you'd be a redheaded you know, that's right, because you had red hair when you were a kid.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thanks buddy, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 10: I'd be like a grackle or something like that.
Speaker 2: You know, so I'm weird. So yeah, thanks your being with us.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.