Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: For the culture, our guy.
Speaker 4: Anyone who says for the culture is a scam artist.
Speaker 3: For shot.
Speaker 5: Somebody that we spoke about, and it's somebody that we had the honor of interviewing legendary episode if you haven't checked it out, this is an important financial topic. Deon Sanders has taken a job at Colorado University. People are very passionate about this topic, but like I said, it's bigger than sports. It is a financial topic on a variety of different levels. He left Jackson State University shout out at Jackson State swack Champions undefeated to become the new head coach of Colorado University Boulders. They had a record of one and eleven last year. They are in the peck twelve. Me and Troy were actually debating this yesterday ocassionately. Let's get into this conversation. D On Sanders, what are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 6: Initial thoughts?
Speaker 7: Great move, he's you know, he set a trend by going to HBCU's and making it relevant to celebrate what coaching could look like when you add a social aspect to it, when you add flair to it, when you add swag to it.
Speaker 6: He did all those things.
Speaker 7: He set out to change the lives of young men and young student athletes.
Speaker 6: He's done that.
Speaker 7: Not only did he do it, but he involved his family right and so he had his daughter working there. He had his two sons playing, he had the number one recruit in the country come to the school. All these things brought attention, brought attention, but even more so, it brought capital.
Speaker 6: And it was one of the things that we spoke about with him.
Speaker 7: We were in Jackson, Mississippi, and we saw the conditions that his student athletes were preparing to play in and a lot of them living. And we saw the revenue for Jackson go up by thirty percent. A lot of it was attributed to what was going on with the football team.
Speaker 3: Then how much is he getting paid.
Speaker 4: I'm going to cut you off, but how much was he earning per year?
Speaker 3: I think like three hundred thousands?
Speaker 7: It was minimal, right, it was in the mid hundred thousands, right, game seven, So I mean he did three seasons, he went to a bowl game. Last season they were ten and two. This year they are eleven or zero, and obviously will be in some type of bowl game this year. And it's about expansion, right. He never said that he was going to be there for fifty years. He never said he was going to be there for ten years. He said he wants to impact as many young men's lives as possible. Has he done that?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 7: Has he brought awareness to HPCU football and sports and student athletics. Absolutely. What needs to happen to that now, in my opinion, is now that the trend has been set, who files in the league?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 7: You still have prominent football coaches and basketball coaches and I mean professors that are still at these universities and schools.
Speaker 6: Eddie George being one who's in his conference.
Speaker 7: I know ray Lewis is another athlete who is a prop I mean Hall of Fame talent that can do the same now.
Speaker 3: That ray Lewis, Yeah, what did he do?
Speaker 6: No, he's a whole. He's trying to get into coaching.
Speaker 3: Ray Lewis trying to become a coach, and he're.
Speaker 7: Trying to into coaching, and so somebody needs to He's lit the torch. Now who carries the torch?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 7: Because now Dion gets to do it at another level. PAC twelve is a powerfil conference. The facilities are unmatched. It's not even comparable to where he was at. And if you looked at the press conference today, he said, listen, not only am I coming here, I'm bringing my luggage with me. Right, I'm not hiding that I'm a black man, that's obvious. I'm not leaving a black culture. I'm bringing my luggage with me. He's bringing his sun with him, he's bringing some of his staff with him, he's bringing a swag, and he's going to bring his expertise. So it's a win for Dion and his family. It's a win for college sports because, I mean, what we watching HBCU football prior to this. I'm a diehard sports fan. I wasn't, but anytime they came on ESPN two, I was watching. I'm on Instagram, I'm watching. I want to see what's happening with Jackson State football. So I'm happy for him. I know some people in Mississippi probably won't be, and through old hpcu's probably won't be.
Speaker 6: But that's okay, that's okay.
Speaker 7: It's now somebody else's turn to pick up the torch and bring as much as attention to the sport into these schools, and hopefully some of the alumni from these schools will come back and look and say, look, he can do that for their.
Speaker 6: School, who's going to do it for ours? And what are we doing for ours?
Speaker 7: Because a lot of prominent people that have graduated from Historiki Black Colleges. They need you all to come back, and he said it on the episode, we need you to come back, need you all to help because it is in dire need of help.
Speaker 6: So it's one story, but it shouldn't be the only.
Speaker 3: What is it earning now? As a person who lived in Colorado?
Speaker 6: Beautiful?
Speaker 3: Pandis you got thirty million dollar contract for five years?
Speaker 6: I think, and that's still UNDERPI.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, thirty million for five years.
Speaker 7: Ni Nick Saban makes twelve million dollars a year at Alabama. Dabbosweeney makes eleven million dollars at Clemson.
Speaker 8: Like, so this is an investment show, so let's just talk brass tax around numbers. That is a hundred x return on investment. So what if Jackson State would have gave him half of all increases on gross revenue or concessions or jerseys or this is the deal part that we don't talk about now. I was talking about this, Pierre. I think a lot of the pushback was the university. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success, little by little, day after day.
Speaker 6: It's like banking with P and C Bank.
Speaker 7: It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 6: Erness What's Up?
Speaker 7: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds Odds are they're using Square?
Speaker 6: We love supporting.
Speaker 7: Businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous my criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you were here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families.
Speaker 2: Will be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 4: So it was like the Ohio, Ohio state, are you perdue?
Speaker 8: Pinned?
Speaker 4: People could have understood it. You see, Boulder needs a lot of work in terms of the team.
Speaker 8: But when you're looking at one hundred extra term, so I want everyone to put in chat not to re number, but what is one hundred ax your salary?
Speaker 4: And would you not leave where you're working now to go somewhere else.
Speaker 8: I think one of the number two the biggest issues people may have had was a succession plan. So it's great that he's taking the sun and love that he has to do his best rid for him, but I think one of the issues was for those that are in Mississippi, like, hey, what do we do about who will be next? So the succession although we can argue that's really not up to him and if he wasn't getting the resources that he needed, sometimes you have to make an offer so irresistible that a person will not leave you and Jess, you did not do that. We also have to have the conversation is do we want a limitation on the success of the people that are in our space or not. I still don't think UC voter was probably the best fit. Ultimately, I think he should do two more terms at two different schools and push really hard to be the coach of the Dallas Cowboys. Be a hell of a story, hell of a press Ryan for all you Cowboys fans. Better than the coach y'all have now actually played the game at a high level. Actually is a big draw, right, So when you go to celebrity CEO celebrity coaches, they do bring a certain value to the table.
Speaker 4: I think the biggest issue is that it felt like he left us to go to Colorado.
Speaker 8: But it's really hard to argue with one hundred extra turn if people were not supporting going to the games, buying jerseys. Because that's why I say it's one thing to support online in Instagram, that's not a real metric. Support is actually showing up. Shout out to everybody in New York, New Jersey, Chicago, Arizona, LA who showed up to Madison Square. I appreciate you, but we have to do a better job about having a strategic plan around how we support our entrepreneurs, because if we're.
Speaker 4: Going to be honest, if we think if Meta is falling.
Speaker 8: Apart with the powerhouse of Instagram and the other powerhouse of WhatsApp, and they owed him, you think likes and reshares and reposting the stories is actually moving the needle. It's a vanity metric that does not matter, that won't even save the company that made it. I'm happy for Dionne. I think he could have picked a better school. But if I get a hundred cks, should I too? I go and vesentrate for it for uc Bolla too. They give me a hundred x what I'm making right now and I'm straight, so I'm not mad at it. But he was underpaid then and now.
Speaker 7: I got one issue with it, but I would let Shoty go and I'll say my only issue with it, my only issue.
Speaker 2: But I.
Speaker 5: Want to be thoughtful in speaking about this because beyond Sanders is a he's a good guy.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: We we had the honor of connecting with him, interviewed him. He's very gracious with his time, good dude, And I respect the move because nobody, nobody, nobody's tied to anything forever. But I also am sympathetic for the plight of HBCUs. I can understand the disappointment because it was sold on a culture. That's how it was kind of packaged, like, you know, like this is for the culture. This is the culture swacked, this is the culture. If it's just a job, then it's just it's just a job. But when it's sold as something more than a job, like when you're working in Colorado, you know, it's just a job. But when you're working at HBCU and you're selling it as an HBCU and this is going to be an opportunity for young athletes to come and you know, be with their own people, and you know, and that's kind of how it's packaged. Whether he did it or whether done like, that's just that's kind of how it was packaged. So it becomes more than just a job. It's kind of like, you know, a mission. And it's not to say that he even signed up for it, but that's kind of what it ended up being, where he kind of had the flag for HBCUs. He's the most notable coach in sports right now, and he's he's holding a flag for every HBCU. So it's definitely demoralizing when you finally get recognition, you finally start winning, you finally get you know, athletes and entertainers, and everybody's coming and everybody's championing, and Ernie Lee is doing interviews and Gillian Wallo's coming every other week in sixty minutes and you know, good morning America, and you're getting all this national attention and it's like, you know, okay, we finally made it.
Speaker 3: And then it's over.
Speaker 5: So, like I said, I don't blame Dion because you know, he is who he is and he's gonna be, you know, one of the best coaches in the country, and I respect that.
Speaker 3: But like I said, I could also.
Speaker 5: Understand the disappointment in the HBCU community. My graduates from my school being Forbes backdrop bag Drop, Mike drop Backdrop.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.