Speaker 1: This is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for incenter news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys Headquarters at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 2: Dallas Cowboys Tyler and now.
Speaker 1: Your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: Today is Wednesday, May third, and we are officially a week after the twenty twenty three NFL Draft in Kansas City. Welcome into the Draft Show as we wrap things up in Tyabo on the draft class in twenty twenty three. We have got Brian Prades, Sach Walchuck Ayisha Morrison. I'm Kyle Yeomans, Chris Beam in the back. Everybody, have you recovered yet from draft weekend? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes you have? Yes, that's good.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: When did it hit that you recovered, like like ten minutes ago?
Speaker 5: Yesterday?
Speaker 2: Yesterday?
Speaker 5: It was the first yesterday for me when I was like freedom. I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yes, Like when I when I looked and I started prepping for today and I had to look at like eight players just to review them and stuff and then start touching on the undrafted free agents and it wasn't like twenty players.
Speaker 5: It hit me that it was over, y'all, Like y'all know. This is my first one.
Speaker 4: So this is you know, just getting the hang of the feel of draft. And once it starts, there's no stopping no, so you know, you know how much more we have to be locked into this because we're providing information. It is a change of pace mentally to kind of come down.
Speaker 5: So I am yesterday was I.
Speaker 4: Was like, oh, this isn't okay, I don't It's not that bad.
Speaker 6: It's a little I was a little sad, you know now that it just comes crashing down, It's like all of a sudden boom, it's over. We're grinding, we're watching three to five players a night, and then all of a sudden, Monday rolls around.
Speaker 2: Brian, I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't have anybody to go home and watch. This is kind of a weird feeling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's there is a draft next year.
Speaker 8: Waltuck start out here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that'd be you know today, Caleb Williams tonight.
Speaker 8: You know it's funny that you say that, and uh, because I was talking with Dane Brugler and I go, uh, he was for just kind of talking about his mock draft and stuff like that, and he got, go, when do you start back up again. He goes June first, so he starts back up. He takes really the month of May off, and then starts back up the whole process all over again on June first. So but he does that. That's that's what he does for a living. That's what you have to do. But yeah, it's a little bit like the NFL season, and especially when you get into the playoffs in the NFL season and then all of a sudden it's you're playing, you lose the game, and then all of a sudden it's Green Trash back day. Yeah, you know, you're in the locker room cleaning out all your stuff and you're kind of like going, okay, But that's a great thing about it is like like Beamer says, they'll let you do it again next year, and so there'll be a whole new list of players. The exciting thing for me always is watching the NFL season and seeing the guys that we watched and talked about have success or not have success. And it's funny how the fans will remind you of that. You know, oh, hey, that Eric Scott. You're right about Eric Scott. I see what you see it, you know, And so you're like, oh, okay, that worked out, and then when if Mozzie Smith doesn't do anything, then they remind you that Mazzie Smith did. I think it's a kind of an accountability, kind of accountability thing for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, any of your top one hundred, Oh sure, much because we talked about the majority of the top one hundred. Now, of course we can't get to every prospect that's ever been picked, but I feel pretty good about the draft class.
Speaker 2: And we hit a lot of these guys.
Speaker 3: Mazzie Smith first round, second round, Luke Schoonmaker, demarve On Over shown in the third round, Billy Ami Fojoko Junior, and the fourth Awesome Richard which I just a better name than what we were calling him initially, Awesome Richards in the fifth round. Then Eric'scott deuced fun.
Speaker 8: What a moment.
Speaker 3: I still can't get over that moment. And then Jalen Brooks in the seventh round. So there's your there's your draft class for the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: What you got?
Speaker 4: No, it's just the Eric Scott pick is so interesting, like and they also you know, obviously they went up to get him. Yeah, and so I'm just looking at him this whole time when we were going through the process, some of the guys I was looking at, I kept putting like CJ. Goodwin replacement next to them, this guy might be it, this guy might be the gun, this guy might be your ace moving forward like looking at him play. But I just he was the most interesting pick at all of them to me, even Jalen Brooks, like, I was just like, dang, they went up to get this guy.
Speaker 5: They must feel sure about what he could be fifteen.
Speaker 3: I mean they took what was a fifth compic next year is what it's gonna end up, basically, Yeah, and then you turn around and you go and get him at the top of the sixth around. They had their eyes on him from the get go, Brian, I mean it was very early on. We heard his name of the combine, we heard his name from thirty visits, and then of course when they went up and got him, it was already kind of on the radar. Why does he fit the mold for Will McLay in this team.
Speaker 8: He's six' one, he's two oh four. He could play zone, he could play you know, he plays a lot of zone. You know, he plays the field corner. When you play the field corner. That tells me you cover ground, and when you cover ground, that means you could play outside where you potentially could play in the slot. He's super competitive, he likes to tackle, he's around the ball, he's a finisher. You know, that was one of those ones that I appreciate that I got late that somebody said, oh, wait, thirty visit Dallas, need to take a look at this guy, because that seems to be where Dallas and that those thirty visits, if it's not a player that might be that guy that we've been talking about all year, or was it not a combine guy or something like that. You know, that's that's where Eric Scott kind of fits in. But to me, you're talking about a super super competitive player and where he came from to where he is right now. He's an extremely hungry player, and I think that's that's a that's a that's something that especially late in the draft and the fact that they used a next year's pick to go get him. Nobody else got the next year pick treatment you know, I mean, Mazzie Smith, Schoonmaker over shown, none of those guys got the next year pick. They wanted this kid. Yeah, they were fearful that somebody And and it's funny because I know on my board he was like two oh four, but Dane didn't have him in his He had him in his stack, but he didn't have him in his write upsos in the bios. And then Daniel Jeremiah didn't have him in his one fifty. And both those guys, I think do a hell of a job evaluating these players. But this is this might be the one, the one where that they they did their work and their due diligence and figure it out that man, we can't pass on a guy like this well, and.
Speaker 6: Fans kind of freaked out, like, oh he only ran a four to seven to one with the forty, that's not accurate. You know, he was dealing with an injury at the time he reran it. We've heard reports on he ran a much better forty time. And all you got to do is turn on the tape. If you watch him, the explosiveness that he plays with, you're absolutely right, right, the word competitive is what stands out with this guy because it's at all avenues at the corner spot, right, there's so many corners that we watched in this class. You can tell the ones that want no business to sticking their head in there and tackling a little bit, you know, throwing their body around. This guy diagnoses a run play, he's flying in there. He will tackle, he will thump you. But I love the way he competes and plays the ball in the air. You know, some guys they just don't have the feel for timing the jump right. He's a guy that can play the ball. He's not necessarily playing the receiver all the time. He's always making it a contested, challenged catch when the ball's in the air. They definitely did their homework and I think they might have found a steal here late the draft.
Speaker 8: If you talk to them, they'll tell you this is their Doran Bland. Yep, this is That's what they'll tell you. They will say they go because afterwards, I had a chance to visit with a couple of guys and just to say congratulations, and they said that Eric Scott, don't sleep on him. He goes, that's going to be our Doran Bland. And we all saw what Deron Bland did last year type praise because he is a savage.
Speaker 4: So important, Like it's so crazy because I don't I try not to measure a corner by how they come up and tackle.
Speaker 5: I try not to do that so frequently, just because they shouldn't be.
Speaker 4: Having to do that like that anyway half the time. But I will say that in this NFL and just kind of how things are now, you see so many teams attacking the edges, attacking, you know, getting guys in space.
Speaker 5: I mean, the Cowboys have a couple of guys that can do that. Now, hello, Douce.
Speaker 4: Fine, So you need corners to come up that are that aren't afraid to come up to tackle, to kind of set the tone and make teams be like, Okay, well maybe we shouldn't be doing that, maybe we can't swing outside.
Speaker 5: You need linebackers, corners.
Speaker 4: Guys, safeties, whoever to be able to come run to the ball and make that difference in taking that part of the game out, because that's something that.
Speaker 5: Philly does very heavily.
Speaker 4: You can tell in this draft also too, like they're preparing for what this division is becoming. Because I know we're going to get into that, but this division seems like they're catching up to the competition, you know, as far as the Giants, the Commanders and obviously the Eagles as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what were some of the other surprises that kind of caught you guys off guard? Because you mentioned Eric Scott, don't be surprised by this guy. Who were some of the other draftable names that the Cowboys ended up with, And you could even throw undrafted free agents in there as well.
Speaker 2: But did anybody kind of stand out to you and jump off the page after that selection was made?
Speaker 8: I think after the Scott selection was made, or just in general, just in Joel, I think the awesome Richard's pick is an interesting one because I feel like, in me that was one of those that when the Cowboys have this weird history of doing this and they they look for the fourth and fifth round guy, but it's usually from a Toledo or a Marshall or it's it's usually from a school that you're kind of thinking. And nothing against those schools, I'm not saying, but to go out and get Ausesome Richards from North Carolina who's played you could watch him play against Clemson and those were you know, uh, you know, the the edge rushers that they have and that and that conference and stuff. Florida State's got a couple of guys that can really really rush. He holds his own and even more when and you know, I we had Will McClay on our show yesterday, as you know, Zach and and Will was I was, I really like to pick. I think this kid is like a legitimate right tackle. But there's people, you know, aish I think you were talking about the heavy hands and you know, you know, you know, strong hands and things like that with this guy, but that's that he he was a pick to me that because they usually picked the guy from that school that you feel like there needs to be a lot of development there. You know, this kid's got a lot of traits, a lot of the tools, and he's and he's got the and he's played in some big games and I'm totally on board with for him to be picked at you know, in the fifth round there at one sixty nine. I kind of feel like they stole a legitimate tackle in this draft.
Speaker 6: You know, we were excited about, well let's go last year. I kind of think Richard's is a better problem.
Speaker 8: I think even better.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I think athletic and I know they talk about that tackle guard flexibility.
Speaker 7: I'm kind of with you, Brian, I like him as a tackle, he's such a gol free.
Speaker 8: To come with me full.
Speaker 6: You don't have the kind of so I do the lower body like the top half. I'm like, this is a tackle all the way. The lower half you can kind of see, all right, he's got the power bottom to maybe kick inside. But I do think the athleticism you're absolutely right in terms of I would kind of like to see him maybe end up being your backup swing tackle.
Speaker 7: I think he's got that ability to win that job.
Speaker 5: How would you describe what you see from him?
Speaker 4: Because I I don't feel like he plays I mean Will McClay mentioned like putting.
Speaker 5: Playing with a little bit more power.
Speaker 4: He doesn't beat you with the like the initial punch. He just knows how to get in front of you and you can't get past him.
Speaker 5: Does that make sense?
Speaker 8: Such?
Speaker 5: Is that how you envision him? I don't even know if I think that his anchor is.
Speaker 4: Super duper strong sure or or he knows because I feel like Tyler, maybe why.
Speaker 8: They won't put him inside.
Speaker 4: Tracking tracking, because that's my thing about him playing guard? Is I worry about the anchor just I just want him to he does. He does use this anchor but it's not like a Tyler where it was like once he dropped, it was no moving. Most of the time with people with him with awesome, he just gets in front of people and there's it's difficult for guys to get past them.
Speaker 5: So yeah, is it the feat it's it.
Speaker 8: No, it clearly is the feet. And yeah, it's the feet because you know, to me, I mean, he is not the heaviest guy at three to nine, but he's so I mean, it's almost like that. It's when he gets in trouble, he's got the footwork to rally back his adjustment exactly, the adjustment in space. And you know, I mean I when they made that pick and I just I started reading the notes and stuff. I'm like, damn, they figure this out out. And like I said, how many times have we seen them take a shot on a fourth or fifth round tackle and it seems like such a project. You know, Well let's go and guys like that. I mean, it's he came along. Well Ball was you know, Ball. I think Ball is Ball. I'm not. I mean, I think he never could get really strong enough. See, there were things about Ball's game that I was like, hmm, this guy when you're talking about Austin Richards. I didn't feel like there was that, you know, I felt like there was more m you know, more. Yeah, the more upside to how he is as a player.
Speaker 3: He has a basketball background, so you talk about footwork, the agility, the the athleticism and being able to move.
Speaker 2: He can certainly move.
Speaker 3: I think the upside comes from where you can add on to that frame because he has the long arms. He's got eighty two inch arms, almost eighty three inch arms. Yeah, and he's got he's got everything from a frame standpoint that you would want in a tackle, and that athleticism put on a little bit more than three ten.
Speaker 8: Let's let's get him up there a little bit if he can get. But see, that's the hard thing about it. The uh you know when you deal with that, Kyle is the is those guys that are long limbed the weight room strength struggles because it's hard to drive a bar. You know, you don't get the bulk because your muscles are so long that all of a sudden you're driving the bar and you don't you look you could be strong, but you don't look strong because of the of how long your limbs are. So interesting guys, Guys that are a little bit like like we'll watch Deuce Vaughan order guy, dude's final will look rocked up. You know he's out there. I'm sure he'll be running around in camp. And was like, oh, man, five five, he looks great.
Speaker 7: You can strike matches.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you can strike matches on him, that kind of thing, because he's more of a compact type of a guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with awesome, Like his core is exactly the core strength is what. That's how he's winning when you watch him. So, I mean, I don't know with with the pick one. Thing I also noticed too with this draft class is it feels like a lot of the guys have played a considerable a good amount of football. And maybe it's like two guys that haven't played as many, but you're looking at most of this draft classes like three four year starters, and that it seems like that matters to them.
Speaker 5: You said, upside is that is that? Is that a theme here? Like I was thinking of.
Speaker 4: I was kind of trying to digest this, you know, this drafting class right, trying to understand it.
Speaker 5: And I said to myself, I was like, man, like.
Speaker 4: Some of these players, just like last year, are raw, very coachable, and they have a lot of upsift and so I think not all coaching staffs are made the same. And I feel like this coaching staff feels like they can they can get guys that maybe other teams, other teams might want the finished product of a player right now, and this coaching staff is like, no, let me get him in here will to real quick and see and see how he does, see how he can develop upside wise, is that a thing?
Speaker 8: But I feel like it's more on the defensive side of the ball. I know that on the defensive side of the trust that well, okay, we had the pleasure of talking to Mike Solari and getting to know him a little bit. You know, they've switched. I mean, there are a lot of moving parts on the offensive staff. And if you if you tell me, if you tell me that junior Forjoko is going to go from defensive end to play three technique, count me in. They see something over shown, Hey, we're gonna play him kind of as that. We're gonna play him as that linebacker safety guy, you know, and let him run to the football, playhim is a will linebacker, let him chase the ball, Let him do the maybe put him down in pass rush. Okay, you know I can see that, ad dan Quinn sign sign me up. See. I think that's where we have to figure out about the offensive side of the ball. I think that's where the questions are. You know, we saw and say what you want. I was very critical of Joe Philbot, very critical of Joe Philbert. He did get Tyler Smith to play well, and he surely got Terrence Steele to play well.
Speaker 9: And.
Speaker 3: No doubt, and Bobby Belt isn't here today, but I just keep hearing his voice in my head when you're talking about that. He said, that's how teams can get in trouble, though, is by having their coaches say we can fix a guy. Yeah, we can fix a guy. He said that many many times on this show, and it's true. But with the defensive side of the ball, there's a trust there. They've built up enough trucks to say, dan Quinn, we believe you whenever overshown can fit there, And for hope, I'll never fit there. I'll never forget sitting in a draft room and a coach told me that Carrie Collins, who used to play, you know, quarterback long time quarterback in the NFL Giants for a number of years Caroline and all that Caroline drafted had a coach say yeah, I could fix his hitch in the hitch in his throwing motion. I'm like, huh okay. Carrie Collins played like eighteen years and nobody ever fixed his hitch.
Speaker 8: You know. Sometimes you say that like, yeah, we can, we can, we could do that, And in actuality, that's how these players function. That's how they that's why they're in the league because they work around maybe being five to five sure, you know, and they're they're deficiencies, they do something else to mask or overcome any other deficiencies they might have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think overall there's a couple guys like that that aren't perfect. And it goes back to the wards that Jerry Jones was talking about. They aren't perfect, but they can fit in a certain realm. And when we come back on the Draft show, I want to put the puzzle pieces together. Where did these guys fit Foco overshown Mazzie Smith. Can he even move and play a little three technique and have some pass rush ability? What could these guys potentially see in these specific players in the draft class to move them up and push them to the next level when we come back here on the Draft Show.
Speaker 10: Miller Lte is the light beer brewed for people who love to taste of beer, for those who are always the first to volunteer for beer runs, who hit up tail gates for sports that they don't even like, and believe having a beer fridge in the garage is non negotiable. It's a ninety six calorie three point two carp love letter to beer lovers who know that the best part of beer is the beer part. Taste like Miller Time, celebrate responsibly.
Speaker 7: Twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Miller Brown Company, Milwaukee, Wisconsin Beer.
Speaker 11: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best ti Oh Gay party in Texas.
Speaker 2: Tour the Star and talk x's and ods with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 11: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 12: Hey Cowboys fans, if you're looking for a full time or part time job. Check out Liberty Tax, proud partner of the Dallas Cowboys. If you've got tax experience and want to help your community with their finances, you're the perfect candidate. No tax experience. We also offer in person tax school courses locally. Liberty Tax has seventy nine locations across DFW and twenty three hundred offices nationwide. Learn more about our job opportunities at libertytax dot com, slash hiring, or call your local Liberty Tax office today.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper the.
Speaker 2: Fresh stout who looks white. That's not there. He escaped slapped.
Speaker 8: He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 9: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 6: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 8: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 2: Get started at blockchain dot Com. He is the Dallas Cowboys dot Com Draft Shows.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the Draft Show as we wrap up the twenty twenty three draft class with Brian brought us, Ach Walchuck Aysham Morrison. I'm Kyle Yeomans Chris Beam in the back and we will have an opportunity to do Twitter on the twenty. I forgot to send out the tweet because I forgot to do that this morning, So I'm gonna send that out right now. So we're gonna get the Twitter questions on the back half. But right now, I've got some superlatives I have. I want you to get me one answer. Some are about the Dallas draft class. Some are about the NFC East Draft class. But I'll start with the Dallas draft class. Brian best value for over the weekend, best value pick between the eight different players that they added.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think to me it was Duce fawn Is where it was because of where he was selected. I felt like though that Dallas got him at two twelve. I felt like he was a much better player than that, you know, to me, he was kind of in that group of running backs that I was. I was just greating the player for who he was. I didn't look at the five to five part of it. I said, give me the guy that's the most explosive, Give me the guy that doesn't fumble the ball. Give me the guy that catches the ball. Well, give me the guy that makes other people miss Give me the guy that defensive coordinators are like sleep not sleeping at night. I think duce Vaughn was an excellent pick for the Cowboys in that regard. When you talk about the value of where he was taken to where I'm sure a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Had on their boards, where'd you have them.
Speaker 8: I had him at he went at two twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's huge.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so I mean that that to me. I think they went a little early. I know you just said one guy. I think they went a little They went a little early on Schoonmaker. But we've talked about this. You had to go a little early on some of these guys. It wasn't coming back around to you. You know, if you think that Schoonmaker was going to be there in the third round, I don't think that was going to happen at all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm with you, because I had Schoonmaker and over shown both probably around later than when the Cowboys got them. But to your point, when you're picking at the back half of the round, you've got to go ahead and just pull the trigger on that one. But to me, duce Vaughn was a guy that I had going in the fifth You end up getting him in the sixth pick thirty five in the sixth round. To me, it was exceptional value. And we were talking about it during the draft. We're going through all the running backs that are still available. This guy's red flag for character issues, this guy's red flag from medicals. It was clear that duce Vaughn was the best available back there. And when you talk about what he's able to provide not only just as a weapon as a running back out of the backfield, but as a receiver special teams in the return game, this is a guy that can come in and help you immediately.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had a fourth round grade on Ducebine m hm because I just I feel like what he can do, especially as a receiver, Like I was watching him just run jerk routes yesterday and I was like, this man is disrespectful, Like.
Speaker 5: The route running is their division is so clean.
Speaker 4: So I agree with you on that being the best value of I will say that Vlami is itko. I had a third round grade on him, Wow, just because I felt like the like the motor is so nasty and insane.
Speaker 5: The effort from the player is something that you.
Speaker 4: Don't see I don't think you see normally, especially from a DT, especially from a DT, just to have that constant motor to go. But what the things that he did at end also to I know, we're cool with him being a three tech.
Speaker 5: But babe, it's not too bad some of the stuff he was doing at end.
Speaker 7: He was probably my favorite pick.
Speaker 8: See there was people, yeah outside of this, Yeah, wow, that's cool to hear. There was people that kind of were trying to get me to jump on the Is this tyrone Crawford? Is this tyrone Crawford the guy that could play edge and the guy that could play three. I think Fojoko is a I think he has better movement. I think he's not as stiff.
Speaker 7: I can see that.
Speaker 8: I think that, Yeah, flexibility Crawford is. I think Crawford man, he's super, super tough, there's no question, but stronger, much stronger. But the thing with Fojoko to me is the bend and the flexibility and the ability to attack the gap and goes and kind of chase the play down. I think that's where I think that's where he's completely different than what you got from from what you got from Tyrone Crawford.
Speaker 2: What did you think when you went and looked at him, because I mean we were excited.
Speaker 8: No, no, she was right about him. And I know, I know Zach had you know, you guys picked me up on that, and I appreciate you doing that when you know she's right about the fact that you know, with the motor, the effort, the strength that he plays, he's not a throwaway in He's not a throwaway. And I know they're talking about, you know, Shreek Floyd was talking about nice for him to come in and kind of open some things up, open our eyes to some things. But the fact that this kid could play some three, I totally understand what they're doing there. He's got that kind of ability.
Speaker 5: And it's the hands.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, one of my favorite things about Keanu Bitten was how violent his hands were coming off the ball, and Junior be.
Speaker 5: Like, in my mind, I'd be like, get off me, get off me. In my mind when I see his hands because it looks like I got that chop working. Yes, because yes, absolutely, there's a lot to work with with how he counters and stuff.
Speaker 4: I think the player has so much upside and cowboys clearly are like we're tired of getting ran on.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, they're tired well, and he can help with that.
Speaker 6: But it's the motor, the relentless pursuit. Like for me, that's what makes him stand out. There's certain things you can't really teach in the want to with junior Fojoko is second. I mean it might be he might have had one of the highest motors of any end period in the entire draft. I mean he is just he's getting knocked around and the next thing you know, he's trailing the playback side, he's chasing it down.
Speaker 7: He's just a fun study to watch him play. He's relentless.
Speaker 3: That's the one word I had on here was relentless. Now, my favorite value pick was was awesome Richards. I had him at one O six on my board going into the draft. He was my first fourth round grade. So the fact you got him at one sixty nine steel in the fifth round, I love it. And the upsides there, like we talked about in the last segment, all right, most likely to switch positions Zach wohlschuff out of this draft class.
Speaker 2: Because I mean we just talked about Fujoko.
Speaker 7: He could flip, but there.
Speaker 2: Was a number of guys in this class that could flip positions.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think Overshown is not going to play linebacker. But he's the one that stands out to me as a guy that's just got the most positioned flex of the entire draft. He's played safety, linebacker, will linebackers. Will McLay told us yesterday I asked him the vision for Overshown and he said, will linebacker running Chase. But you know the fact that we had heard some about him on the edge, which you can see. I mean, he has a knack for timing blitzes and going in and get the quarterback when you watch him at Texas. And then he told us that in our call with him, yep, And he said that's something he talked to dan Quinn about. That's something they're excited about. I think Overshow's a guy that they can move around a lot as a chess piece for dan Quinn. He's to me kind of the leader when it comes to maybe position flags and moving him around until they find a spot that he really excels at.
Speaker 5: Look, you took my guy. He took my guy.
Speaker 4: He's the only gentleman that I think is someone that they feel like they maybe can move around out of the class. Everyone else seems like where they are is where they're going to be. Now we talked about Awesome, who do y' all think that he could be a card?
Speaker 8: I'd keep him at tackle. I think first I would try and get him comfortable playing tackle. But we saw last year though the Cowboys' ability to take Tyler Smith and put in Tyler Smith's background. You know, the game's nothing against Tulsa, but you know, I mean he you know, limited some of the limit competition there. But to me, when you when you start talking about Richard's I would let him play tackle first, get him comfortable, and then feed him a little bit of it during practice.
Speaker 5: Well it sounded like that's what they were.
Speaker 8: I think that. I think that I think that's the plant. Yeah, but Tyler did a great job of playing both. I mean, they they were like in the you know, he was playing tackle, he was playing but the majority of the I'm going to take that back, the majority of his snaps in Oxnard were at guard. Yeah, right, yes, so, and then all of a sudden they plug they play him out at left tackle, and man, I think that's a spot. Me personally, I think I think that's a spot. But they they obviously feel good about the situation at guard better than I think a lot of us in the media do agree.
Speaker 2: Well, Well, now then like that, I guess, do you think he can move inside?
Speaker 5: I agree that.
Speaker 4: I feel like, especially when you talk about the length and just kind of how he plays, I feel like he has he understands how to play tackle. Yeah, he understands how to play tackle. He understands. It's from what I saw on film. So I wouldn't jump to guard right away, even though I.
Speaker 5: Feel like, am I tripping? What we feel like about guard is not what they feel like about guard or any trip.
Speaker 8: You're spot on well, the thing that they think about guard, and I forget which one of the scouts was talking about it. It might have been Mitchell Point was talking about the front of the pocket. And this is something that goes back to when Jerry Jones, when I used to work in the scouting department, Jerry Jones. I don't know if he got this from Parcels or Al Davis or somebody, maybe Bill Belichick, but about the front of the pocket and how, and it goes back to even Tony Romo. You have to have the abilities of quarterback to step up. Quarterbacks, if they could step up, they make the majority of the throws. They could handle stuff off the edge. It's the stuff in their face. The great Tom Brady get his eye level down. Now you get his eye level down, he's not looking downfield. You could sack him. You could throw him off his game. Most quarterbacks can handle inside pressure, so to combat that, you start to talk about and the Cowboys did this forever. Ron Leary, you know, big powerful guy, Travis Frederick, you know, look at look at him. You know, Zach Martin. They they've committed to try and and you know they drafted Lyle Collins. Lyle Collins started off, as you know, as a as a guard and then moved to tackle. Larry Allen played tackle to guard. Yeah, they've always thought about keeping the front of that pocket firm, and that that goes back with something that Jerry Jones believes. So I don't know if it's different if there's any changes. I heard of Scouts mentioned that the other day, so I think somebody in the organization. It might be the general managers like, listen, we need guards and sinners that aren't going to get driven back. That's the problem that they had with That's the problem they had with Connor Williams. Right, you know, Connor Williams were watching Connor and that's the problem I would have if you said, oh, Terrence Steele is going to play left guard. Now, Terreed Steele is an excellent run blocker. He's a he's a he's an exceptional run blocker. As a pass blocker, he's a little white, he's a little light, and so I don't know if i'd want to plug him in a guy that was a little light into that spot. We saw what Connor WIBs would. It happened with Connor Williams.
Speaker 5: So with pass pro I'm out of curiosity.
Speaker 4: Guys like listening to some of the scouts and even listening to Will McClay and just what he said about awesome is are they trying to emphasize past block.
Speaker 6: Well you go back to yeah, it seems that way because even going into the Tampa Bay game in the playoffs, right, they rearranged the offensive line and it's what they we heard what they felt was their best pass blocking five. And I will say with awesome, I think his strength is pass protection, Yeah, compared to run blockers.
Speaker 5: Correct, exactly, That's what I was.
Speaker 8: He stays on his feet as a run blocker. You don't see him like I used to talk about, he's not on the ground. No, but but it's yeah, it's his strength.
Speaker 5: Caroline just threw the ball exactly with schoon.
Speaker 4: Just I think Schoolmaker fits what Mike McCarthy and those guys want to do as a running offense. And then also we have even got to Lipkey and them adding him, I wanted to ask, like, do they maybe look at Schoonmaker as with his block and ability, is he going to be an extra lineman sometimes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when they go with the heavy personnel, certainly. I mean he's going to be the in line guy. Brian, we were talking about this yesterday. If you go twelve personnel, you got two tight ends on the field. He's the guy you're going to want to keep in line and block.
Speaker 4: Not their question, right, And I think that's important too.
Speaker 5: When I was trying to digest the draft and understand it.
Speaker 4: Looking at Schoonmaker as an individual isn't fair to him. I think you have to look at the whole tight end room and what it is. He even mentioned uh Patrick Patrick Nocy Walker. He posted his little interview that he saw he did with him at the Combine and he talked about Sean mchun being one of his best friends and being the guy who really showed him what he knew when Sean mchuwn came in, he was no, I knew Sean mckuwen because he put Chase Chase is it? Is it Chase Chase Young in a seat belt. And so the blocking ability for Michigan, as you mentioned as something that's important listening to Mike McCarthy and those guys like Schoolmaker.
Speaker 5: Can block all over the line, he can play.
Speaker 4: It sounds like he was taking also because they he played in a system where he was used. They did a pro level they did pro level stuff, they ran pro level blocking concepts, that type of stuff. So he's more of a plug and play player. But I just I really was looking at Schoolmaker like, Okay, so what is Mike McCarthy, what's Mike McCarthy trying to do with this offense because he feels like an important piece to kind of balance out the tight end room.
Speaker 8: It's funny you say that because talking about Schoonmaker and some scouts will say Schoonmaker might be overrated as a blocker and underrated as a receiver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see that.
Speaker 8: Yeah that you know, but you do watch Blake Korm and others run the ball on you know, Big New, you know football on Fox, you know whatever that Iowa and the Michigan it's usually the snow's flying and he's at the point of attack.
Speaker 7: He's leading the way off the end.
Speaker 8: Well, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 13: He is.
Speaker 8: He's leading the edge. They move him. They always put him at the point of attack. They don't hide him on the backside. They don't say, hey, listen, you're a backside guy. It's like Michigan's kind of telling you you follow eighty six, you're going to the ball. Yep, Number two is going to run that ball behind eighty six. You know. That's kind of how Michigan works. And they're not bashful about it. They're not trying to hide. It's like we have a tied end that can block at the point of attack, and I think that's what the Cowboys. That's what the Cowboys got.
Speaker 3: Who is who is your preseason rookie of the year out of this draft class? Who do you feel like makes the biggest impact in year one specifically?
Speaker 7: Oh man, that's tough. I'd still go. I think you gotta go with Mazie for me.
Speaker 2: You know, I do think I think scoonmakers in the conversation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's in the conversation for sure, But I do think Mozzie's a guy that they just He's got a unique skill set that they haven't had here. I mean, I know you got Jonathan Hankins, but Mozzie's a better athlete. And I think early on, I mean, they've shown that they can kind of ease in some of these rookies at times, Like Deron Bland played at the back half of last year. Dude injury really stepped up, was fantastic. I think you'll see that with guys like Overshown. I don't know how much run they're going to get immediately, and maybe they see more reps later. But Mozzie's a guy I know, it's low hanging fruit, right, He's their first round pick. The expectations are higher, but I just think the impact he's going to have and some of it's not Hey, don't look at the box score when it comes to Mozzie and the impact he's having on the game.
Speaker 8: That's where this is not a stats draft, in my opinion of not a sexy pick. This is not the stats draft. I know people out there freaking out for me saying that I eat it. But you know what, though, for what they're doing, I think Duce Fawn's going to be the one. I well, I'm just you need to jump in there.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, you're wearing the purple.
Speaker 8: Don't let me don't know wildcats. I don't let me do that to you. But you know, see that's the thing with Deuce. I you know what, if this was the old Kellen Moore regime, I probably wouldn't say Douce Van. I probably wouldn't say and I don't know if they would take Duzvon if Kellen Moore was still here.
Speaker 2: But I do know this though.
Speaker 8: I think Brian Schottenheimer has watched and this is the thing that you have to hope if you're a Cowboy fan that the year that Brian Schottenheimer worked on the defensive side of the ball with Dan Quinn and all these guys that watching opponents tape, always breaking down the opponents, watching the Philadelphia Eagles, watching the Rant, watching these opponents that the Cowboys had last year. You would hope that maybe that Schottenheimer stole some ideas along the way. The good ones have the good ones. I've been around Andy Reid, John Gruden, the really good Sean Payton, the really good play callers. They steal.
Speaker 7: Hey, Andy did in the Super Bowl he steals two touchdowns.
Speaker 8: You steal, you steal from other coordinators, you know, And like we're talked about, we were laughing about, you know, if we could get the screen game going, steal a screen package from somebody, yep, whoever it is. And that's how you get Deuce Fahne involved, you know, That's how you get him involved on the outside with the screens or routes up the field, or wheel him or put him on a linebacker and let him run those smash routes where he's flying inside. Also he plants boomies back to the outside. If I'm Brian Schottenheimer and we go through this whole season, and guys like Deuce Vaughan and Gallop and Lamb and and Ferguson and all those guys don't get used Pollard, then they need to look at something else here. It wasn't that.
Speaker 6: I think Schottenheimer also, you know, with his dad having darren Sprolls and he was with him there in San Diego. So they've got a little bit of an idea of how to use a smaller bag. And again we might need to reth the smaller back thing. You know, I talked about it on the draft day, but when they show the graphic of the small running backs, every single one of those guys have come into the NFL and been done productive.
Speaker 10: Yep.
Speaker 4: No, And you mentioned I think that Duce Vaughn could change. He's such a change of pace for the offense that if you.
Speaker 5: Need a big play he might be the guy. He might be the guy. And also too, it's just the backfield.
Speaker 4: The cowboy's backfield is interesting right now when you start looking at the running back position, even like I mentioned, we have Hunter Lipke. If you're going to add him to that, you start to me, I'm starting to get a vision of they want a power run sometimes, but they want to make you pay.
Speaker 5: In the open field.
Speaker 8: Well, we'll see what Jones does too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, we'll see what he gets to do as well.
Speaker 4: But with duce Vaughn, I was watching him last night and I was trying to figure out, like why so many people mistackles on him, and it's it came to me that it's similar to how we talked about the two back system, right when Zeke goes in then and then Tony goes in the next play. The line and backers are used to certain angles. They're used to tackling guys at a certain height, you know, the center. Well, imagine being a guy that's trying to form tackle and this guy's like five inches shorter than what you are even accustomed.
Speaker 5: To do in your body.
Speaker 8: What is it the muscle?
Speaker 5: The muscle?
Speaker 4: Then you need to go get him there the muscle memory. And I really think that his his center of gravity, and he's so low to the ground. I think it's difficult for people to get their hands on them and tackle him as they would tackle any other player.
Speaker 8: The problem is defenders play with their eyes. You can't see him, you know, all of a sudden, you're fighting blocks, fighting blocks and you there he is, and now you have to buy you well, he's there. Maybe he's at you where you can try and reach, but you you're not in position to bring him down because you can't find it.
Speaker 3: It's like Turpin has a returner. Yeah, same sort of deal, where he's kind of behind all of the big six foot three, six foot four guys that are blocking in front. It's pretty clear who the fan favorite is going to be.
Speaker 5: That's not even a que thinking of is there some competition there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So absolutely as a returner, there's some competition.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, Well the thing about it is, I'm now once again I'm interested to see because I'm the guy that went on all these platforms and said after the Green Bay game, after they go to the by, they're going to figure out some packages, you know that we're gonna figure out some packages, you know, for Turping, And they didn't never know they got to never figured out one single package right for him.
Speaker 2: Who's going to bring the value to the offensive side. That's gonna who's that's who your returners.
Speaker 8: Shame on these coaches if they don't use these players like they do on defense, completely, shame on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's gonna be that's the douce bond part of things is important.
Speaker 2: Excuse me excited for training camp.
Speaker 6: These battles between all these people, well, the tight end, the tight end battle is going to be fun.
Speaker 2: That will be fun.
Speaker 8: Do you need a break?
Speaker 2: Nah, let's go, no break, Let's get the oxnards. Let's make it happen. All right.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we'll do some twitter on this twenty we'll answer some questions, and we'll wrap things up on the Draft show for twenty twenty three right after this.
Speaker 10: Miller Light is the Light beer brewed for people who love to taste of beer, for those who are always the first to volunteer for beer runs, who hit up tail gates for sports that they don't even like, and believe having a beer fridge in the garage is non negotiable. It's a ninety six calorie three point two carp love letter to beer lovers who know that the best part of beer is the beer part. Tastes like Miller Time celebrate responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Speaker 14: Beer Hi. I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player. Here with's Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving New smoothie bowls from Smoothie King and Whoo Me Too. These smoothie bowls start with Usai and pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy Purely Elizabeth Granola and his savory peanut butter Drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: Hey Cowboys fan, If you're looking for a full time or part time job, check out Liberty Tax, proud partner of the Dallas Cowboys. If you've got tax experience and want to help your community with their finances, you're the perfect candidate. No tax experience. We also offer in person tax school courses locally. Liberty Tax has seventy nine locations across DFW and TWOY three hundred offices nationwide. Learn more about our job opportunities at libertytax dot com, slash hiring, or call your local Liberty Tax office today.
Speaker 13: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL At a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and Doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Lasercare Eye Center, I can see near far in between.
Speaker 8: Don't fumble your vision any longer.
Speaker 13: Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren sent you.
Speaker 8: They got me back on my game?
Speaker 2: Is the Dallas Cowboys dot com Draft Show? Back You're on the Draft Show.
Speaker 3: It's our final segment of the twenty twenty three NFL Draft.
Speaker 2: It's bittersweet.
Speaker 8: Or just bitter.
Speaker 2: We could say it's just better, but it is our final chance to answer some questions for Twitter on the.
Speaker 3: A forty five, because I actually the heads up on that one. My brother, I mean, I tease to go on the break.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I was talking to you.
Speaker 8: I don't blame you, man. I don't listen to the show either.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 3: Steven asked, could you guys give your early May projected starting offensive line?
Speaker 2: Five on the offensive line?
Speaker 8: Good luck? I think I think the law of Smith and Smith on the left side, Smith, Tyler Smith, the Otish, Martin Steele, I would be mine.
Speaker 2: I would agree with that completely.
Speaker 6: Tyler oh Beyondish Martin Steele and Tyron Smith is your swing tackle. Tyron is your swing tackle if healthy. Maybe they try and plug him in there somewhere, but I'm I'm not sure.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 5: I think that's how it starts, and that's how I finished.
Speaker 10: Good.
Speaker 5: I think that's how it starts.
Speaker 15: With Is that that on on social media how it starts? No, I agree Brian, Brian's getting this social media started before and after.
Speaker 5: I do think that's the best. That's the best units you have. But depending on depending on your left tackle, it might end up.
Speaker 7: But I'd love Tyron could stay healthy.
Speaker 5: It's so high on.
Speaker 4: They don't get it twisted. I watched some of some of what he Doga can do in the run game. He's a far better run blocker than he is past blocker. So it's contradictory.
Speaker 5: It's like, what what do you want?
Speaker 6: And McCarthy's been run the ball, run the ball, run the ball, and well, I mean, look his mantras A play caller has been passed heavy. So it's kind of like, I'll believe it when I see it if he's going to dial up all these runs. But that's what they're trying to focus on here.
Speaker 4: It seems see maybe running the ball ain't just running the ball out of four I maybe running the ball is like we talked about getting guys in space.
Speaker 5: There's different types of runs there is.
Speaker 8: People were asking me about Dalton Reisner.
Speaker 6: I was always coming out of Case State. He's been in Denver, Bronco. We've gotten to have him on the show once.
Speaker 2: I like him.
Speaker 7: He's a good player.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: My gang of seven was saying, descending player a grinded out short range players, slow feet, slow on the move, struggles to bend. Who has to win with hand you short area and with his toughness. Yeah, that's kind of And then and then another guy did say that he was surprised still available. Not sure why didn't have a great year last year. Still young low end startered a strong backup Dalton Reisner. He's a guy that's on the street right now. If that would guard people are asking about it a depth piece. So you guys, when when people ask about it, no, that's what I did, So just tell people that watch the draft, you have to watch the draft show. A lot of questions about him. Always helped undrafted free agents. This's gonna be up for a year.
Speaker 3: So, uh, undrafted free agents that were brought in. Who was the highest grade on your.
Speaker 2: Draft board and how do you feel like they fit in with the team.
Speaker 6: Oh, Darrell Johnson for sure was the highest, the high at of Liberty. And I mean we we did talk about him during the drafts. We were wondering, like, hey, could he be the guy with that seventh round pick? But he he's really good. I mean, he can chase down plays from the backside, big guy, big frame, you know, I like I like his makeup. I think he can probably put up put on some muscle because he's got that lanky build.
Speaker 7: But he's just got really good play strength. He's got a feel for the game.
Speaker 6: You know, you don't see him make as many plays for me in the run game, but as a pass rusher, I thought there was a lot to like. He times the snap, well, he's a good athlete. He'll fact fight through blocks, can chase down plays on the backside, splits through the arden, center well the garden and tackle well you know, and he's very alert.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 6: I think that his football, like housteemed really high. And if you watch him against the bigger competition, Liberty played some good.
Speaker 7: Football, but he'st Arkansas.
Speaker 14: Yep.
Speaker 2: He freaking dominated that game. Yep, he did.
Speaker 8: My guy is Tyris Wheat from Mississippi State six two two sixty three. He was player one point thirty two on my board. Wow, and so that's real high. That was really high. And so he was the one that when you know, when you watched him play at State and they list him as a linebacker, and I wonder if they're going to try and like uh uh, they're going to try and take some weight off him and make him a linebacker. But he's an edge rusher for Mississippi State. He's a guy that does a really good job of like he can get up the field. Like the change of direction probably isn't uh you know, is it like elite by any means. But when you when he gets to the corner and gets to the shoulder, he's going to dip underneath the blocker and he's going to get on top of the quarterback they try and run the ball at him. I think he does a great job of holding the point of attack. He's a little bit of an older guy. He's a fifth year senior from Mississippi State. And then so he wears a single digit, so he kind of this big guy with a single digit thing. It always looks kind of funny. But but tires Weed is a guy that man and I know for a fact these are these are guys, the tires Wheeds and the Johnson's and guys. These are guys that had draftable grades. These are the first guys that the Cowboys always go after. They go after the guys that are still on their draft board, and then they work down from there. But I know for a fact that we Johnson those guys were sitting pretty nicely on their board. They just didn't get a chance to draft him. But keep an eye on tires Wheat from Mississippi State. He's got he's got something to his game.
Speaker 4: Barncles, I can't find my notes on TJ.
Speaker 8: Best.
Speaker 2: That's my guy.
Speaker 8: I got you.
Speaker 2: I'll pick you up, okay. So I had him as a yes did you did you do?
Speaker 8: The Florida and kidneys?
Speaker 7: They like land so like isaiahen So TJ.
Speaker 2: Bass I had him as a as a fifth round grade. I liked him a lot.
Speaker 3: He was one seventy seven for me. I like the way that that he keeps his pad level low. He's very compact. That's kind of a knock against this game. He's got shorter arm, small torsto, longer legs, though he's got some link to his lower body.
Speaker 2: Effort level is exceptionally high. I mean he is a maller. He's kind of like what we talked about with Fojoco. The motor is there. You can't teach that. He looks for work. His eyes are up.
Speaker 3: He's around looking for people that are unblocked on every single play, hard hitter when he squares up too. He's got some power and power in that compact upper body. There are some times when he wastes movement when he's trying to plant. He doesn't have the right hand placement on a couple of occasions, but he had plenty of production. He was a transfer from Idaho before going to Oregon and starting at guard and then he switched out the left tackle. He was better at guard, but then he was a second team All American at left tackle, which is weird to say, but his film was much better at Guard. I watched him against Washington, Stanford and b y U initially, but then when Dame Brugler's Beast came out, he said he struggled against Georgia, and he struggled.
Speaker 8: With a lot of people struggled, except right from Tennessee didn't.
Speaker 3: And he said that he struggled against Washington. I thought he was okay against Washington, held his own, but against those athletics, those aggressive edge rushers, he had some trouble.
Speaker 2: And I think the link was a big poo.
Speaker 6: It's a big name to know as well though, because we were wondering what were they doing at Guard, you know?
Speaker 14: And t J.
Speaker 6: Bass is a guy that as an undrafted player, he's got a change, maybe make the team against Georgia. See that's not too bad, right, He just flatten. I didn't like him as much as at Cody malk at a North Dakota State, but the play temperament was somewhat similar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's similar, and he I think he has you I think, did you mentioned awareness from him?
Speaker 6: I did when it came to Derell Johnson, But you're right, I mean, and Kyle was alluding to that too. He always eyes up he's looking, he's aware, he knows what's going on.
Speaker 2: I like this tape a lot.
Speaker 3: And when they brought him in as an undrafted free agent, he was the top man on my board. What did you think about Isaiah Lamb.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this dude is just he looks he looks like a d N man like he's so bendy, just has instincts on how to get to the ball. I think the biggest thing for him is the run game. I think that's one of the biggest things. It's just him getting at I don't I think he has the size to play d N but to stick his nose in the run game and get a little bit more active. But he's just such a freak off the line. Dude just knows how to get to the quarterback. He naturally gets to the quarterback. But the bend and the athleticism is there for six forty And the thing is is that he has been in strength and I think that that is what changes things a little bit. The conversation about what he could be. When they picked him up as an undrafted free agent.
Speaker 5: I was upstairs and I saw it and I was like, yes, because I think with.
Speaker 4: The proper coaching, this guy could really become a guy. And don't get it twisted. When he entered the portal, Georgia wanted him, Like there's there are some teams that were really interested in this player and his development. So I think you could be getting a legit pass rusher that can make a difference as he develops in this league. So the bend for me, and the way he can just bend the corner and really put somebody and get vertical.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's got some violent intentions when he comes around that edge.
Speaker 4: The attitude we talked about it, man, like there's an edginess to so many of these guys that they're bringing in here. Motor effort and are they a little disrespectful when they out there? Yeah, like these are tome setters, a lot of these defensive players they're bringing in. But like I said, I mean three hundred and seventy five inch, like the dudes not know we do. Despite what people think about his frame, he's very lean, very very very lean.
Speaker 5: I think if you want him to be better than the run.
Speaker 4: Game, he could put on a lidded with more side, But you don't want.
Speaker 5: To take away from the speed. The speed that exists there and he just he just gets there. Look, he just gets there. He's a nuisance I think for a lot of tackles because he does not stop.
Speaker 2: I do want to give no no doubt.
Speaker 7: I do want to give some love to Hunter Lipkey.
Speaker 6: Though I know, Brian, you've talked about the shoulder, worried about it, a little bit about that, and I get that one hundred percent. And the thing is he is a projection. He's got the body type of a full back, but he played as the running back.
Speaker 8: The yeah, like a one back runner, right.
Speaker 2: But I saw him in North Dakota State.
Speaker 6: He was named the most Outstanding player in their twenty twenty two NCAA Championship game. But he's a no nonsense downhill runner that's lower in the shoulder, running through people. I thought he does a really nice job balancing, rolling off tacklers difficult to bring down. Can be used in the passing game, runs really good wheel routes, can be used in the flat soft hand. Shows off versatility, and he's sneaky quick, but he doesn't have a leap burst or speed by any means. He played some tight ends some even in the wildcat formation. They'll throw him in there, but his legs are always moving, which allows him to gain extra yards. He's always falling forward. I think he's immediately a special teams contributor. You know, his paddle level gets a little high sometimes, but when he does lower them, he turned out some really, really productive runs.
Speaker 2: He's a Swiss Army knife type.
Speaker 8: Now everybody's trying to find the next Kyle u Check.
Speaker 6: I don't think he's quite the athlete the Kyle you Check is, but he is a player that can be utilized in a lot of similar ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I talked to Linda Wells about him yesterday when we just kind of passed in the hallway and he.
Speaker 2: Said, h back.
Speaker 3: He said, expect him a little bit as that h back up back and somebody that they can run behind too, because he's a good blocker squares up well. But I agree with you in the receiving ability. I think that's the sneaky part about it. He may be in that tight end room more than he will be in the running back. Interesting, I think there's a chance that that possibly happens running behind.
Speaker 4: If you're running behind liftkey and scooon maker, Hey, what if your guard.
Speaker 2: Is you'll make it happy, You'll be okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just feel like that gives me so much, so much information. They talked about twelve personnel and some of the things they want to do. Man, Like I think they do want to run the ball. I think they want to run the ball and create past and situation.
Speaker 8: Definitely, last name, Schottenneimer will tell you they want to run the stock.
Speaker 5: When I hear his name, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: I'm glad this is the last thing we're going to talk about on the Draft Show. Like, that's the lasting impact is Shotty shot shot Shotty. So that way, whenever everybody goes back and listen to Shorty Shorty, Shorty, all right, that does it for us on the Draft Show. Again, special thanks to everybody that had their hands on this throughout the entire draft process.
Speaker 2: It's been so much fun working with you guys. Again, thank you.
Speaker 8: It felt like a war room all year long. We had fun, bad fun putting together if two and I want to stay. Thanks to guys like Ed K. Hills and people like that, the Dame Buruglars, the others who have been a part of this thing. It seems to get better every year, and like I say, thank you for quarterback in this all years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nothing else I'd rather do. I love the draft. I love looking at these prospects.
Speaker 3: And looking toward the future because next time we'll be on here, we'll know what happened with a lot of these guys, and that's going to be a ton of fun looking back on what we said and what we anticipated. And then, of course you gotta go play the games. You gotta go all out.
Speaker 2: There has to be a great gig.
Speaker 16: If you didn't have to play the game, That's true, we'd be right all the time, right, never exactly well special thanks to the fans out there too for sticking with us throughout the entire draft process.
Speaker 2: For Chris being.
Speaker 3: Brian brought us, Zach Wilt, Chuck, Ayisha Morrison, and Bobby Belt.
Speaker 2: I'm KYLEI Yemen saying so long, We'll see you next year on the Draft Show.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.