Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Stenevec along with Carol Master. Let's take a look some stocks on the move today. We are joined by Bloomberg News Equities reporter Avalon Purnell. We're not done with earning season.
Speaker 4: We are not. I mean, we had Oracle that's ticker o RCL currently sliding about six percent in post market trading after their earnings.
Speaker 3: All right, there's your tone for tomorrow, Carrol.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's been bouncing around here in the aftermarket, so it's taken another leg down exactly.
Speaker 4: I mean, to be honest, looking at their fourth quarter results, nothing really sticks out necessarily, but they only slightly topped expectations. And for a lot of these companies that are really banking on the AI surge to help them, it really has been something that investors have been keeping an eye on. Vital Knowledge writing that while this is an okay release, the company is still facing a period of heavy cash outflows as it builds the necessary infrastructure to fulfill its backlog and that's something that they're calling out to as maybe a reason for why it's down.
Speaker 1: And it says it doesn't expect to issue more debt next year or no in this year excuse me, calendar twenty twenty six. So that's yeah, okay, it's the story of our lives right now. Right in terms of the AI spend, I know, Anna rag Rana telling us like just keeping a watch on the call and whether or not it's able to is it meet demand? I think he was talking about or having access to what they need. So some things for us to keep an eye on, all right. Super Micro tim talked about this name a lot today.
Speaker 4: Yes, as ticker SMCI. Very similar story, to be honest. It's sank twenty eight percent and its worst one day drop since March, and that's after the computer hardware maker said that it's planning seven billion dollars in equity and equity linked financing two fun component purchases to meet demand for its AI servers. Very similar to the deal that we saw from Google last week. However, unlike Google, this has a pretty large percentage of super Micro's market cap and the street is very split, to say the least about this Bernstein writing that this is by far the highest equity raise in company history and implies a whopping twenty seven percent dilution, whereas Wedbush is saying that they're viewing this as more of like the order momentum and that this could actually be a good situation.
Speaker 1: Nound twenty eight percent today.
Speaker 3: I'm just looking at the different analysts and on the an R function on the Bloomberg terminal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, interesting, Okay, are there how many buys?
Speaker 4: I just lost it?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Uh, six bys? So twenty seven percent of the analysts who cover it have buys, fifty four percent have holes, and then there's four cells on this name eighteen percent of the analysts who cover it.
Speaker 3: Let's matter. I'm just looking at the yep, I knew it. It's Dan ives at Wedbush who covers it. So of course he's going to be bullish on it because he's like a permeable. He has an outperform on the stock.
Speaker 4: But what was his comment, Well, he was saying that the order momentum is positive and you're going to have to wait to see later on about what the margin will look like for the business.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, okay, so let's go to something low tech cracker barrel.
Speaker 4: Yes, one bullish signal within the market. That's ticker CBRL jumping twenty three percent to not just the best day since twenty twenty, and that's after the restaurant chain boosted its full year outlook on the back of a better than expected third quarter. Benchmark writing that the results really showed improvements, especially for the average check as they discounted less and customers still we're coming back for plates of food and still worth noting though, that the short interest on this company is really high, about twenty seven percent of float.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.