Speaker 1: Two Teas in a Pod with Teddy Melloncamp and Cameridge Edge.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of Two Teas in a Pod with myself, Teddy Melloncamp and Alexia.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 2: Teddy, Hi, how's it going?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: There? You good?
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off so much travel and work and all the things. So it's definitely one of those days. But I'm excited to get into this episode. I feel like it took me on a whole like Merry Go round of emotions like highs and.
Speaker 3: Lows and like yo, well, I feel like you have a lot to say no, especially that last scene in the in the dinner. Oh god, all right, that was hard to watch.
Speaker 2: That was hard to watch. Before we even get into that, there's a couple of headlines we need to get into. Real Housewives is Orange County. Shannon Badour suffered setback and court battle with ex John Janssen over leged facelift. Shannon Badoor went to court and as a part of her effort to settle with ex boyfriend John Jansen's lawsuit against her, but according to court documents, an Orange County judge denied Shannon's request to remove John's allegations of fraud from the case. John accused Shannon of fraud and breach of contract. He claimed that despite repeated requests, Shannon had refused to pay back the money. He demanded the return of seventy five thousand and punitive damages and attorney fees. In her recent motion, Shannon argued John had failed to present enough evidence to back up his allegation of promisory fraud. John opposed the request and said his lawsuit had enough to press seed. In addition, Shannon argued for John's requests for punitive damages and attorney fees to be dismissed, but then the judge denied her plea to prevent John from seeking punitive damages, but did strike his request to have his attorney fees paid for. The court noted John may be allowed to re argue his case for fees at a later date. So this isn't great, It's not really great.
Speaker 3: No, And this is a lot to talk about. So this for sure, I mean, this is like all over the storyline, This is all over the place. So there's a lot to talk about with this. How do you feel about it. How do you feel about judge making that decision? Did you think it was fair?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I think oftentimes when it comes to court cases, a lot isn't fair. But I think that this definitely isn't a win for Shannon because if the judge thought that Shannon was completely free of this that I think the case would have been dropped.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to give you my honest opinion. I think that the judges, you know, that are ruling all these cases, you know, know about the Housewives, and he may not particularly like you know, the housewives and reality TV stars, and I think it's always a big risk that you take, you know, being a public figure and having this platform and being a reality TV star. I've seen where that has really worked against our favor, and I think this is a case of that. You know, I feel like John doesn't have enough evidence. I mean by what he's saying and by what Alexis showed this episode. I mean a receipt. What's the receipt that he sent it. I mean, Shannon's really not denying that he gave her the money, so there's obvious proof that he did give her the money, but there's no paper there's no contract. There's no I mean, he could alled that it's a verbal agreement, but they were dating and there were a couple. I mean, who knows to say that he said, you know what, I don't want to do this for you. You know, maybe she said, you know, I'll pay you back, But how is that like an agreement.
Speaker 2: I have the feeling that there's going to be more to come on this and it'll shed more light on stuff. But I think it just goes back to always, whether somebody is your boyfriend, your friend, whatever it may be, loaning money or giving gifts at this high amount is going to end in drama when relationships come to an end.
Speaker 3: If you're with a housewife, if you're on a TV show, if you're on a reality TV show, it's always going to be that and it's always going to make the headlines. I mean, it's happened to a lot of the girls on these other franchises where you know, things have not turned out well for them just because there were reality TV stars. I mean that's how I feel.
Speaker 2: But even if I'm not on a reality show right now, but if I started dating somebody and they loaned me or gave me seventy five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: And it's stipid. If it's a loone, why didn't he get an agreement? Why didn't he make or sign a paper that said I'm loaning you this money with the condition that you came me back. There's no agreement, there's no pay it's his word against first.
Speaker 2: Well, and supposedly she said that she tried to pay him back, allegedly something along those lines, but in order for her to pay him back, he's no longer allowed to stay disparaging comments about her. He refused to sign that, which that that is the only part. I mean, all this other shit. We can argue it back and forth, it really is. You know, I don't love people money for this reason. I think it always comes back to bite you in the ass because money is ends up killing relationship. But sure, I think I think it's it's just tricky because why wouldn't he want to sign the document that says, okay, pay me back, then we don't have to go to court. Right.
Speaker 3: No, And truthfully, they're going to spend all this money. They're going to end up spending more than to so many thousand dollars that he gave her, and it's just a stupid move, you know, and he didn't want to sign a or where he can continue to talk about her, so it's kind of like he's sending a mixed message. I don't want anything to do with this, but you know, I want to continue to be able to talk about you and Alexis as well.
Speaker 2: And well, what somebody has said is that it's because in the agreement, and who knows if this is true or not, but it didn't say that. It was only about the disparaging comments being about what he was saying about her. It was not mutually exclusive, so it means that she could continue to talk about it. I don't know if this is accurate.
Speaker 3: It could be true because I get it. She's on a show where she that's her job, so she needs to say her story, and then she has all these other women also saying the story for her, so it's kind of like she had her hands side that she needs to have, you know, that ability where she can speak because it's her story and she's getting paid for that, that's her job.
Speaker 2: And especially alexis now coming on the show to talk about it. Exact show receipts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she can't keep her mouth. But he on the other hand, if he really wanted nothing to do with this, he could keep it his mouth shut and he could have gone paid. If that was the case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if he really wanted the seventy five thousand dollars and it wasn't about just sticking it to her, right, because I think he's probably still pissed about past things that she said, like saying, oh, you know, I always paid for him at the beginning this and the you know, like I think.
Speaker 3: For him, it's not she's been pretty quiet between you and I. But I think that I mean, obviously this episode she does say that she has more things if she really wanted to, than she could say, and he's a real monster, and there's so much more that she can say. But I mean, at this time, I think she's just saying the truth, you know. And like all relationships, you know, some guys pay some girl's pace. She makes good money. He makes money too. You pay for a trip, you buy him a gift. You know, it's not like you're keeping count of how much money I spent and how much money you spent.
Speaker 2: But I originally for that you actually do I do I know exactly what money and I spend I know, like, yeah, well I got.
Speaker 3: To do But you don't want to bring that up. You know that that's just like something that you do out of love because you know you want to do it, but you're not kind of like.
Speaker 2: But I think also so much was said last season, whether it was off camera and then brought up on camera. There was a while their relationship was coming unglued. There was a lot of things said. So I think that both parties, I think, have a lot of residual anger towards one another, and it's coming out in the form of this lawsuit, where really it should just be you know, these two are toxic together, they should be done. Let's pay each other out and move right along. But I think the idea of now Alexis being on the show is just going It's going to keep opening that scab, It's going to keep opening up. Of course, this next one, it's Ryan and Jen went on this podcast called Date Your Wife, and an Instagram post, Ryan wrote, thank you Garrett, Jay White, and Daniel White. Jen and I are truly grateful for the opportunity to be on the amazing Date Your Wife podcast. We loved the four of us kept it real. In this episode, we dive into the story of how Jennifer and Ryan met, as well as the challenges they faced in their previous marriage. Ryan often portrayed as Orange County's bad boy, and Jennifer, a mother of five who had previously been married, to share their experiences navigating love and life under the scrutiny of a reality show. We all know how reality TV can twist narratives to create the story they want. Is refreshing to hear directly from Jennifer and Ryan and get to know them better. They both seem genuinely connected and deeply in love. Our conversation also covers the struggle and dealings of social media trolls, media scrutiny, and public comments. I mean, I think, listen to the podcast if you want, and just keep watching their relationship play out. Their relationship whether I think sometimes Jen seems like she's ticking her head in the sand a little bit. They do seem to get along relatively well.
Speaker 3: I agree, I like them together. I think they're really in love and happy together. Again. You know, we don't live with them, so we don't know what really happens. Yeah, yeah, of course, I mean they could say, you know anything, but I feel like, you know, there could match. I feel like for now, you know, I mean you don't know, like we say, you know, it's a risk that you're taking. But they seem to like each other. Seems to treat her nicely, and they seem to be like in it together, you know, as a couple supporting each other.
Speaker 2: So we'll see this. Next one is Taylor, who you know was a friend of last season, but was also on Beverly Hills Beverly Hills multiple seasons. She now has her own podcast. It's called Naked Truth Podcast. She states that one of my Oscy housewife friends was getting out of the car behind me, and I haven't heard from her and quite some time, and I actually have been really hurt over it. So when I saw her, she said, oh my god, how are you. She's acted so excited to see me, And I said, actually, I am hurt, and you hurt my feelings. She was going through a really dark time in a roller coaster relationship. So I want to be supportive of my friends and everything they do, but especially in a situation like that. So I was her go to call morning, noon, night, in the middle of the night, just as many times as I could be there because I know there was a time when I needed that. When her life changed all of a sudden, everything was different for her and she didn't need me any longer. Crickets. I haven't heard a single word from her, and it was very hurtful to me. One of our other oh see house so I friends has said to me, you just wait and see. The minute that she doesn't need you anymore, you won't hear from her. I thought that's impossible, because we were on the phone three, four or five hours a day listening to her cry and support her. There's no way she's just going to drop me. I feel as though she was taken aback. It's been a long time and she just dropped me like a hot potato. She said, oh, I'm sorry, and I said, well, you know you hurt my feelings. So clearly this is about Shannon, Shannon, Taylor and Taylor. I think the hard part about this is and I think this happens on a lot of shows. Like I was very lucky that when I got fired, my core friends were still my friends and still there for me. But I also can say with one hundred percent certainty I don't require a ton as a friend.
Speaker 3: I'm not right. Yeah, some friends are more needy, Yeah, and some friends just need that attention and you don't. And you know, you know when you're a friend, and that's what real friends are, you know, it's not the one that you talk to three and four times a day. It's just really like your real friendship. You can call them at any time. You cannot talk for a whole week, but then you get on the phone again and it's like, oh, we shouldn't go by. It's like you just talk to her.
Speaker 2: But I think that's also what we see playing out through this episode, is what Taylor is saying, is what I think Tarmora had said past when Tamara got you know, fired or demoted or whatever we're gonna call it, she dropped her as well. And I think that when you require a lot of somebody and you're on a reality television show, like let's just imagine, you know, you and Mary self probably require a good amount from one in one another, like you guys confide, I don't know how much.
Speaker 3: Right, No, I mean we're real friends, But I don't know what you're trying to say. There's girls that only become your friend for the show, and they're kind of like show friends, right, and they use you, they need you for their story that episode, I'm sorry, or that season as a matter of fact, and then things shift. And that's where you know when your real friends are when you're not filming, Are they still around? Are they there for you? Do you keep in touch with them?
Speaker 2: But I think that there's also a difference, Like I have people that I would consider my real friends on the show, but I wasn't calling them at all hours of the night, crying to them, telling them my problems. You know that that opens a whole nother level. I mean, yeah, yes, you know what, Kyle. Sure, there's been moments where like I am broken down and I need to talk to someone and it is Kyle. But that being said, she's still a friend regardless. But what we have to history has just kind of repeated itself because Shannon not only has done this to Tamara, Vicky, Heather, Meg Taylor, Like this is a pattern. So I think if if.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, shame on the women that already know that and they go for it, Like if you know she's that type of girl, she's that kind of a woman, like then you shouldn't be interested in having a friend like that either. It's kind of like sometimes they use each other, you know, it's not only Shannon, maybe Taylor or whoever else had some motive as well to become her friend as well. So it's kind of like they're using each other, like you think she's using you're using her by the way she's using you.
Speaker 2: But I also think, you know, it's very hard. I mean, I'm watching back original seasons of Beverly Hills where Taylor was in the same kind of situation where she would call Camille or Kyle or whoever it was, when she would get in these big fights with her ex that ultimately ended up committing suicide. And it's very hard when you're on the receiving end of these phone calls and somebody is distressed and heartbroken and crying to you to then be able to go you know what, No, I'm not going to listen to her right now because she may fuck me over in the future. I think that's a very hard thing, a hard boundary to put up, especially when you are filming a television show together. But I think you have to go into every friendship thinking, you know, what this friendship could end and if and they could.
Speaker 3: Use it against me, because this is what I'm seeing like that, you know, Maris and I have such a bond that no show would ever you know, destroyers or divide us. I mean we can have a difference of opinions, but you know we would never do some of the stuff that we see on the other shows, like between friends, Right, that's very special. I was a friend before the show. So that's I think what makes the difference. She's been in my life, like the most difficult times, like my biggest stories and like my biggest star olds, So it's different the guy.
Speaker 2: Also, she got fired tomorrow, you would still be her friend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, She's always going to be in my life. Yes, But that's what we're saying exactly. We're both agree that a lot of these girls just do this, you know, for the show and when they need you and then they drop you. But then on the receiving end, you want to be a good friend. You want to listen, you're in distress, and you're going to pick up the phone. You're going to talk to them for hours and then they forget about what you did for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and because I mean long story short, we can all be very selfish at times, especially when we are struggling. But I think then you know it. Also, what I've noticed throughout the group of people on reality television is you only live. There's a lot of housewives that I think only live on reality television. There is no outside life.
Speaker 3: Yes, that is so true. Yeah, there's a lot of If you haven't like my life right exactly, I would say, like the show revolves around my life, Like my life doesn't revolve around the show, right, And you guys see whatever you get whenever we're filming, and and then I just block it out and I just go on with my everyday life like I do. But you know, there are some women that are obsessed with this and like their whole life is consumed by the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so if that person isn't hired anymore, then they're no longer a person that you're going to take the time to talk to because it's not.
Speaker 3: Your life anymore. You're done, exactly.
Speaker 2: It starts where Gina and Jen go to Heather's at Bablaha Bay Club. Heather questions why Gina would allow Katie to make this accusation. Gina says she's still getting to know Katie. Then, Gina says Katie told her that this was before. This was a shock to me that this was before Sutton's Christmas party. Heather questions why Gina didn't tell her in December, and Gina says she fucked up. First things First, why did they have to have on those gold eye masks? And why was it they slid down to their lower and tire sit.
Speaker 3: Up for one? Whiz weird too. Yeah, it's like, why are you wearing a mask? It's like we're trying to take off everybody's mask, Like, why are you trying to put one on?
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh my gosh. My other question is this started to make me feel a different way about Gina. I think Gina's been getting a very good.
Speaker 3: Entire It's not a metage. She's actually being great. I mean she's just being you know, very fair, you know, until this, until this. Yeah, apparently she knew about it already before and she was hiding and well, she said she didn't want to bring it on because she was afraid what it was going to do to everyone when they're you know, every all the girls were back. Katie was trying to become friends with the girls. I mean, I think that that's what she's trying to say. No, that she didn't want to bring that because she didn't want to make that a problem. But she should have known it was going to be a problem if Katie would say that.
Speaker 2: Well, of course, But you think for one second that Gina didn't have the intention of making sure that this came up on camera. She saved it. That's what people do.
Speaker 3: They save it, save it. That's true, you know the show. That's how it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think she can't.
Speaker 3: Such a big mouth. I have to save it for yeah, but make things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think she saved it and then she you.
Speaker 3: Know then but she saved it for Katie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she saved it. So then there would be drama with Katie and Heather and it could all blow up. But then she could look like the good guy, right, And I like, but don't try don't try to produce this into something that it's not. You saved this information, you let it come out. Then you act appalled that it came out. Just own it and be like, yeah, let's free.
Speaker 3: You shouldn't have backed it. She shouldn't have acted that she was you know, surprised by it because she already knew about it. That's like where it makes it like fucked up that she knew about it and she's friends with Heather. But think about it. Would you have told Heather before if you would have given Heather that information, that Heather would have brought it up to Katie, it would have been the opposite.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but then, but then I think it would have been if Heather would have brought it up to Katie. I think we'd probably already be done with this conversation now. But what made this a bigger deal than it? Truthfully, it is because I don't even actually care whether she called the paparazzi or not. But it's that Katie.
Speaker 3: I thought, by the way that Terry said he loved it. I loved when Terry said, oh, I love the paparazzi, Like, do you have his phone number? I would love to call him because I love to have my pictures taken. I thought he handled that so well. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think they they're well oiled machines. They would have handled it differently. I think what Heather didn't like is that she was called a liar behind her back. Gina knew about it. Gina is now pretending like she is, you know, mother Teresa in this whole thing, when really.
Speaker 3: She knew about it and she could have gone the information. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then we're getting some new comprofessional looks. These are a little These are a little tough, these confessional looks.
Speaker 3: I agree, Why are they? Especially the hair, I mean it's not even so much a clothing. I think that just like the whole glam as far as the hair and makeup goes, it's it's not doing them. Well yeah, I don't know. I feel like the girls for the confessional looks, they want to try so hard and be like over the top that they look ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's the problem that people like Dread and Erica who that's like their natural sell right, that's their character, that's that's the reality, that's who they are. But I like Marasol on my show, Oh maybe Gerdy mar Chanelle I on, there are certain women that that's just who they are. They always are going to be over the top. But then when it's when it's somebody like me, if I try to come to the top, I look like an asshole me too, And.
Speaker 3: I kind of ridiculous, you know that was That's my hardest thing. I hate the confessionals already, like having to sit there in the hot seat and being questioned and whatnot, so that for me already is un comfortable. Then you put on top which you're gonna wear, and like the hair and just like the whole thing, the whole look. It just stresses me out. I just paid everything about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if you're not dressed as who you are, like in some capacity, it doesn't feel like unauthentic confessional, like you can tell you you're uncomfortable in your own skin, giving it, like I remember, you got to own it, you got to own it. Yeah, because Gina and Shannon both looked uncomfortable in their confessional looks.
Speaker 3: I don't even recognize Gina. Like I had to put on my glasses when I was watching because I was like, is that Gina a completely different look?
Speaker 2: I Like, I think Gina is a beautiful girl, but like I think she's beautiful to it.
Speaker 3: I love her style. I mean I've seen her and I always think she's very stylish, very pretty. But it was just like that look, like whoever got did it for her? Like it's not working.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but who knows. Maybe because they filmed it so many times, maybe this was just an off one and the next time we see her in the same look, maybe it'll be toned down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hopefully Tamos look like Tamra's like how she is, you know what I mean. She has a hair like she wears it, her makeup, you know, her pretty dress, like how she would. You know, I feel like you need to be that person like you. I like to be who I am on camera, just like how I would dress like I'm not gonna look ridiculous because I would never dress like that in my real life. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think Heather always kind of looks like herself. I think it does. I think Katie is really awesome. Yeah, Emily, I think that it just whenever you try to be a little too much, it comes off as a little too much. Then Shannon goes to Katie's house. Shannon tells Katie she admired her for standing up to Heather, and Katie shows Shannon the text proof about the paparazzi. Katie thinks Gina is terrified of disappointing Heather. Katie gets a point and loses a point in this one because she gets a point for calling out Gina for being scared of Heather, but then she loses a point for continuing to show the screenshot of that terrible proof.
Speaker 3: Text, which says, now it's who's gonna say that? Who's gonna actually tell her? Like put it away, Like it doesn't mean anything if you're not proving your point.
Speaker 2: Like all you wrote back was yes, Like all the person wrote back with yes. You could have texted that to anyone in their mother and they could respond to yes, Like she could have texted that to me and I could have given my opinion. This proves fucking nothing.
Speaker 3: I agree, But do you like Shannon and Katie together? Does that seem like natural to you? Like? Did you like that? Like their friendship and you found friendship?
Speaker 2: I think that this I thought was a very good episode for Katie.
Speaker 3: I thought so too.
Speaker 2: I appreciated Katie and Jen at the end kind of just gossiping and talking like they're whispering back and forth during the drama. I liked Katie with her daughter when she was trying on different clothes and the daughter saying like, yeah, if you want to go to impress wear the blah.
Speaker 3: Blah, Botega. Yes, yeah, No, I like it too. You know, I always liked her since the beginning. I thought she was a good addition. But we have to give the time, which is like what we said, you really just can't judge by one episode, and I feel like the audience always does that, And that's why I hate about social media, that the audience just like watches one episode and there they are on Instagram, you know, making the comments and attacking and it's usually negative. And yeah, and you just have to give people a chance. And I thought it was a good episode for her too. And I did love seeing Katie and channing together. I thought it was like real, genuine and I think they're getting.
Speaker 2: To know each other and I appreciated it. I liked it. But then Tamra and Emily going a walk. Tamer says Jin can't sit at home and look at her empty bank account. Then Tamor says it's self induced like Shannon situation, and then Tamar thinks Gina is done with Katie. This is where we kind of get We're starting to get more storyline about what's happening here, and I think it's it's foreshadowing what's going to happen at this dinner.
Speaker 3: I agree, because then the dinner happens.
Speaker 2: And all hell breaks loose. Then we get Emily and Shane celebrating their anniversary. Shane has made the talking about Shane has made zero effort to improve his health. Then they the two ask each other fifteen year questions, if you could go back, would you still marry me? Shane says yes. Emily said she'd marry Charlie Hunnam. You know what, he's hot. Then Emily asked what nice things he says about her. Shane says he always tells the kids that she's the best mom. Shane upgraded Emily's engagement ring, and then Emily gives Shane the boudoir for it. But this is what we need to talk about about the gifting of the photo. I think the photo is beautiful. I think it's great, but I almost died when I saw it was in children's wrapping paper.
Speaker 3: I didn't even see that, no way, But that's probably all she found, right. She probably thought he would have noticed. He was going to be so eager to open it. Oh my god, that's funny.
Speaker 2: But I was like, is this from your six year old's birthday party? Like, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Left over wrapping paper? She that's so funny.
Speaker 2: But also her reaction was a little bit small when it came to getting her ring, and I was like, did she know this was coming?
Speaker 3: Well? I mean sometimes you know, because you know he's like, you know, calling the jeweler, or you know there's some kind of activity going on at home, or that they talk about it or whatnot. But yeah, the ring was beautiful. I think they're so cute together.
Speaker 2: I think because I think that Shane has had a real come up on this show. I think everyone has learned to appreciate that his like dry personality is actually humor. And I think they're I really think they're a good couple.
Speaker 3: And I think I really enjoy watching them. They have great, you know, dynamics to take the way. They're friendly. They're friendly, they're sweet to each other, they laugh.
Speaker 2: They're also so different, but I think they compliment each other. I like them together, but that also just goes to show what can happen after a couple of seasons on a household, as you see completely different sides of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if the men make it that far, yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most of them don't. The real unmarried wives of Yes Any franchise. Right then, Gina and Katie get lunch. Katie says she felt abandoned by Gina taking Heather side. Gina says she had her back by telling her not to bring it up. I mean she told her not to bring it up on camera. So Gina says Heather is mad at both of them and she should have had Heather's back. More, Katie gets emotional, saying how she values Gina. Katie is worried everything she told Gina will be held against her. It's not Gina's best episode. But also when Katie starts.
Speaker 3: To you don't think this is a good scene though, like between them, like you know, at this point, I feel like Gina's realizing that shed up with Heather, and she's trying to tell her, Listen, you know, I'm not going to have your back now because what I did was wrong and I should. You know, I should have been a better friend to Heather, and I told you enough to say it. I think, what did she kind of redeems herself.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I thought she was kind of coming in pretty hard on Katie, knowing good and well. This is Katie's first season she could have advised her not to bring up such a thing, you know, like, but instead kind of made it more of a drama and then wanted to be the hero in this aspect. But then it isn't until Katie starts crying that Gene is like, oh shit, I may have pushed this too far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can see that Katie was really hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm sure, I mean, we all live this. I'm sure Katie was like, oh, shoot, this is what I thought I was sing, you know, like whatever she's new. What'd you think about the Shannon and her dad Jeane getting lunch together?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I like, first of all, I was happy to see that. He's all I remember and watch these shows, and I don't have my parents, so when I saw her with her dad, it brought me a lot of joy. I don't know what kind of relationship she has with her father and how much involved you know, how much she wouldn't bother your father, you know, since he's you know, an older person. You know, I don't know his health. But so I was kind of like, wow, they have a good relationship, you know, at least you know, you know, he knows what's going on. I don't know whether that's good or bad, you know, when you're an older person. But I was happy to see that she did have, you know, her father, she'd have this conversation with her father. I wasn't surprised by her father's reaction as far as like, you got to fight this guy because he's being a dad, he's protecting his daughter. And no matter you know, how old Shannon is, it's always going to be like his baby girl whatever. So you know, I don't know, I like the scene, I really do, you know. I think when we're in hard in hard times, you know, we turn to our parents, and she's very lucky that she has her dad.
Speaker 2: Well, she also in this scene she shares that she has to get a breathalyzer for her car, and then they talk about the drinking and she says she's going to be limiting herself to to drinks. She says that when she was with drawn, they drank constantly and she was miserable.
Speaker 3: And by the way, her dad was drinking too, like a big glass of wine.
Speaker 2: Well that her confessional actually did make me laugh when she was like, yeah, I mean in the eighties, there was just a big bottle of Chabie on the right.
Speaker 3: I remember that bottle. I think it was like in every household.
Speaker 2: I mean the same way that like our parents would smoke sins.
Speaker 3: They way to drop this off at school? Yes, like absolutely carpool right, Like.
Speaker 2: That's just how it was. But I do think that, you know, a big point is when drinking becomes a mode of coping.
Speaker 3: But but is she really an alcoholic? I still don't know that. I mean, just because you get a DUI doesn't mean you're an alcoholic. I am very aware of the dui that was dumb, irresponsible. But sometimes you know, people will have two or three drinks only and unfortunately they get behind the wheel and they do kill somebody or kill themselves or get her or whatnot and go to jail. I get that. But just because do you have you get a DUI, does that make you an alcoholic? Like That's what I'm not understanding here.
Speaker 2: I think the I have two thoughts on this. I think I'm never going to say somebody's an alcoholic or not an alcoholic. I can't make that judgment call, but I can give facts. It has been brought up since her very first season by her kids, her friends, her ex husband, And I think also another point we need to make is Shannon seems to blame John for her drinking, and Alexis is insinuating that John drank because of Shannon, And it just seems like nobody wants to accept account of doing right. And I think that is a problem, Like you can't blame like, if I'm going to drink too much tomorrow, there's no one else to blame but me, of course not.
Speaker 3: We're like grown outs adults and we have their choice, so that there's no you can't blame anybody. I mean, it is true that you're be influenced in a way if you know, obviously, if you love to drink and then your partner doesn't like to drink, then you're going to drink probably a little less just because you like to drink with somebody else, and in their case, they both like to drink. But I think it's really immature and stupid to blame each other when you're grown ass adults and you have the choice, you know, of doing it or not. Well, but I just want to know issue or not. I mean, I'm just like all confused. I was like, Okay, she likes to drink, but guess what, so does everybody else, because everybody else drinks.
Speaker 2: I think that is that is where some of the women have reached their threshold, because they've been on the show with her for many many seasons and had the late night drunk calls and had all of that got it. I think that's where it stems from. Do I think that all the women on the show have probably drank too much at one point or another and then's dumb shit? Sure? But I think where some of them are like, listen, this is a repeated thing that's happened over and over and over again.
Speaker 3: And unfortunately it never really got so much attention until her UI. Then it becomes you know, more concerning. It also becomes like a legal problem, and it just you know, maybe she you have to hit like rock bottom so she can like finally take control of the situation.
Speaker 2: Even though I have definitely seen scenes of Shannon looking completely out of control while filming and you know, in past seasons, I can say that so far this season, Shannon is coming across the best that she has on a drinking front. Does that mean that I think she's an alcoholic or not an alcoholic? I do not know. I do not know that answer. I do know that if I was on a television show and I had just gotten a DUI and all this shit was going down, I write, take a break from drinking, And if I couldn't take a break, I would probably start thinking about why I couldn't take a small break from drinking. But then Tama goes to Alexis's house. Tamra says, the Alexis knows today is not the same as she has ten years ago. Alexis then questions why she wasn't invited to Katie's. Tamra says, Katie thought it would be disrespectful to Shannon. Tamra says Shannon's life has been upside down for ten years and says it's traumatizing for her and that Shannon needs rehab. Alexis says Johnny barely drinks since they've been together.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't believe that, and you know, I mean the whole thing. You know, I'd like Alexis, but I don't know why every word that comes out of her mouth is john And now Johnny like, why, like, don't you have anything else to say besides talk about him? This is nobody cares. I mean honestly, this is I just have a problem with that.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I really, I really think that Alexis thought she was coming on and doing something here by the way she's talking. But to me, it's just giving me the eck. If your relationship and your life is so good with Johnny, then quilp telling us all about it all the time, like exactly, I get it. But a part of this that really made me. I took my sadness about the whole situation away. But when Tarama says, when you break off an engagement, you usually give the ring back, But how the fuck are you gonna give a face back?
Speaker 3: Right? I gagged. That's why it was a better deal. It's better than a ring for sure. Oh my god, that was so funny. That was so good.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh my gosh, like we all know, just Tarma, she did him good.
Speaker 3: She did him good.
Speaker 2: That was a good one. But then somebody is also going to have to tell me who the how Alexi is, because why is Alexis keep referring to see that way exactly?
Speaker 3: So now it's Alexi and Johnny, right.
Speaker 2: But like I really I'm trying, I'm really really trying to go in one. I don't like when people talk about themselves and the third person, even with a nickname or without a nickname. But when I'm talking about myself, I just say myself. I'm not like and then Teddy was all or TJ or Teddy Joe or It's just like, stop right, you're bugging me. I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, Lexi. Lex Alexis right, but you're bugging. You are bugging, and tamra Is says a funny comment, but then Lexi's right back to just drilling in her points. We're like, maybe take yourself a little as serious and have a little fun with it. But she's not.
Speaker 3: No, she's not. She gets the dinner and she has the same kind of behavior, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she doubles down. Then all the women, including Vicki and Alexis, meet for Gina's dinner party. Alexis asks Katie why she wasn't invited, Like, you already know why you weren't invited, told you the attention, please. Katie says she didn't want Shannon to feel underwater. Then Alexis says to Vicki, look who's in my world now? I mean, I guess Alexas I don't know. I guess that some people may have chuckled at that line. I didn't.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like Alexis has been watching these shows and kind of like recording everything in her mind, and she's like throwing all these lines and things like that happened, like, you know, in previous seasons when she was on, because they flashed back to that moment where Vicky how to use that line, so then she's kind of like using it against her.
Speaker 2: I feel like, yeah, either Alexis has been watching these shows and is like trying to come in with the funny one liners but that are coming off not so funny, or she's like has like a funny publicist that she like is helping her come up with like the right liners. Like you always know when there's the hell life that has those like quippy little things to say, but then they can't deliver it properly, so you're like.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, but yeah, how did you feel about VICKI showing up? Did you think that that was going to happen? You know, sometimes it's kind of like you feel it or you know something's coming, but I really didn't, you know, expect her to be there, But Tamra did make a point that Shannon brought her, you know, to feel comfortable, but comfortable, right, you know, she felt, you know, and not a blame her. I mean, she had to walk into like a shark tank, so she was like, Okay, you can come with me. And maybe Vicky also wanted to be part of it and have something to say to Tamra as well, and just she wanted to be there. Yeah, I mean I thought it was a good move by the way.
Speaker 2: I thought it was smart to bring Vicky. I mean, even though Vicky can drive me crazy, like she's definitely entertaining television, she is, she's entertaining. Tamra says, Shannon brought Vicky to do her dirty work, so she can. You know, I think it's I think it was a combination. I think that Shannon knew she wasn't going to be able to take this conversation, and she knew that Vicky wouldn't be able to help herself.
Speaker 3: So that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also clearly the trace Amiga split had just happened, So I'm sure that.
Speaker 3: It was perfect that it was uh huh, Yeah, I felt that too.
Speaker 2: But then This is where I feel like Vicky shouldn't have done this. I don't think Vicky did Shannon en of service here when Vicky says to Shannon, you have permission to drink, like, just let it be. If she wants to order a drink, she'll order a drink. But like, now you're making a thing of it. Yeah, And then Tamra says, oh, yeah, an alcoholics should drink. But I think we get a peek at you know, one you can see that Tamra's upset and all of this triggers her because of the years and years in the past. But I think we get to see a peace hypocritical Vicky because first she gives Shannon permission to have a drink, and then when someone corrects her, she agrees and said Shannon doesn't need permission, Like, which is it, Vicky?
Speaker 3: Like, I mean, I just thought it was a stupid common part of me because she set herself up to obviously this happening. You know, somebody crossed them, will who are you to give her permission? So like just the comment was not necessary, could have been avoided, and and then it made a thing of the drinking the drink to bring that up obviously, Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: I think that Vicky. I don't think Vicky's a dumb dumb I think that she knew that she would she should could say that and one of the girls would dig in on her. She didn't know who it was going to be, but somebody was going to get right then.
Speaker 3: The girls were really uncomfortable though, when all that was going on. You can see their faces like they were very uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that what if you were Shannon in that situation, would you order to drink.
Speaker 3: If I knew I wasn't an alcoholic, Yes, because if you know, you should usually alcoholics. I mean, I don't know about that, but what I've heard is that they just can't have one drink because then want more drinking, more drinking. So I don't have that problem. So if I knew that I wasn't an alcoholic, I know how to have just one drink. But again, I don't know what her condition is, So I don't know that she's just can't touch a drink because I'm not sure it'll make her want to have more drinking and then it becomes a problem or she's not doing it in front of the girls because obviously she doesn't want them to know, and she's like drinking, you know, secretly at our house. I don't have those details, so I don't know. I disagree with you. They shouldn't have made it a thing.
Speaker 2: They shouldn't have made it.
Speaker 3: I made that comment, But I also.
Speaker 2: Think if Shannon were to go into this differently and be like, listen, guys, do I realize that the past ten years, I've had extreme highs and extreme loves, I have drank too much. I've made mistakes. DUI was a complete wake up call. And now my goal and please tell me if I cross it is. I want to be able to see if I can socially drink and not try to.
Speaker 3: That's a good one. Maybe she'll do that one next episode.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like, just take ownership. Don't blame your exxes, don't blame Johnny, don't blame this, don't blame so and so, don't be mad at like, just know.
Speaker 3: But I feel really uncomfortable when these things are like on these shows, because you know, in other cities as well, drinking has been a problem for some cast members, and then they've made it that and then in your real life, if you really have a friend that's going through something like this, You're not going to talk to them like that and attack them that way. You're really going to want them to get help and you and you're can put your differences aside. You know, there's sometimes in life that even if you've had backstory, you know a lot of like mess ups up and you really want to help the person. You're not going to get a result by like insulting somebody and calling them an alcoholic if they really are an alcoholic. You know, you're going to hurt them and they're going to get defensive and they're they're gonna not own it or fight you on. It's just like it's just like hard to watch. For me, it was like hard to watch, especially because I knew there were friends before, so it just I don't know, it makes me kind of sad and I'm surprised every time they meet it's going to be the same thing. So it starts getting like uncomfortable. So either Shannon owns it, like you said, so, either Shannon owns it and says, listen, you know, she comes clean. You know, maybe she'll do that.
Speaker 2: I think, And but I think what ends up fucking over the situation is during the five Months off where Shannon continued like to call Tamra a drunk. So then now you've got not only a friend that has been pushed to their their end, now all of a sudden, instead of taking accountability for your own actions, you're pointing fingers yet another person that.
Speaker 3: You said, right, yeah, she's projecting it onto her. Well that's what a lot of people do, like when they're at fault, you know, they're projected onto the other person. Well what about you, Like, you know, you're a drunk too, and that way you take off the attention offer yourself. That happens a lot, like you know on our shows. Yeah, you know obviously, because that's how you defend yourself. Which I agree. I'm like, you know, we're very like open and we would rather just be open about it and say, listen, this is what it is and that's it. She would put it to rest. But by not admitting to it or taking it a responsibility, you're going to keep coming after her. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think as a friend, and if you have seen a friend drinking for years and years and years and it's created lots of turmoil in their life, I think you do have a right to put boundaries up. Do I think the delivery was not ideal?
Speaker 3: Yes, clearly it wasn't ideal.
Speaker 2: It was not ideal. But I do think that's you know, different personality types. And I think when you get hit like your at your wits end and you feel like you've ben push push push, that is some people's way of handling is like, you know what, fuck this, I'm going to throw it all out there because I'm done. But then Jen and Katie acting like two little muppet men in the theater during the whole dinner was like the perfect balance for me during all of this.
Speaker 3: I was so cute. Yeah, they were cute.
Speaker 2: But then this is another hypocritical Vicky moment. Vicky stands up and says she's sick of the fighting, and Emily brings up Vicky posting about Tamra being a trader, and Tamra says she didn't feel comfortable doing a show after Shannon crashed her car into a house drunk. Tamra says, I'm not a trader, I'm a faithful I just voted you two out of my life. And then Vicky says Shannon went to rehab and Tamra says it was therapy. Shannon says she couldn't drink in her program. Tamra says, that's a lie. I think I love Emily's ability to call people on their shit, whether they're friends or not. She goes from disagreeing with Tamar on Shannon's habits to defending Tamra against Vicky No more Gomblson Like. Then Vicky goes up and does this whole speech about Jesus Christ and follower and the blah, well, I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying faith and we have to you know, support each other and we have to be here for the women. And yeah, it's kind of like against like a lot of her behavior in the past. But you know, maybe she did have like that Kumbaya moment, like at that moment, you know, sometimes you have to be like for us, you know, like that to that point that you're like, you know, what, what are we doing? But it was fake. I thought that it was kind of real. I mean, I don't think it. It didn't seem fake to me.
Speaker 2: Vicky. If you no longer want any drama in your life, if you want to lure you there, then why the hell are you there? And if you're there solely to be a good friend to Shannon. We already fucked that up by bringing up the drink in front of the table, So I'm.
Speaker 3: Right your case, that is true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But then Tamra questions why Shannon had to pay for everything, but John took seventy five k from him? Then this is all. This is fine now, But then Alexis the receipts, yes, part for the facelip, part for the loan, you know, I mean.
Speaker 3: John has been to me like Lenny on our show. I can't. I can't with this young man anymore. I mean, it's it's really like the whole story is like about him, Like it's crazy.
Speaker 2: But at least if it was Lenny, Lenny could have done the facelift.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Do you think he's gonna want all of Lida stuff back? Oh my god, that's crazy. But yeah, but you know what I mean, it's like the same John thing, the same John, because that's all comes out of Alexis's mouth. And what are the receipts? The fact that he gave her a check or wire to her account, we already know denying that exactly, She's saying, yes, he gave me the money. Yeah, it's not saying but you know what's a gift? Yeah, and I've given him a lot of things too, So you know what we're done. We're equal. That's it.
Speaker 2: Then Shannon leaves the right.
Speaker 3: I really don't want Shannon to give him back the money. I really don't. I'm telling you the truth.
Speaker 2: Why I think the courts are going to make those decisions not because.
Speaker 3: She's a housewife I love. Because she's a housewife and all the judges and legal people hate reality TV stars and believe me, mark my words, because there's no agreement there. They're not even It's not like I said verbally, because you know, verbal contracts can have you know, some sort of could be binded legally, but that's not the case.
Speaker 2: And this is this is a PSA at all houseld I.
Speaker 3: Hear say, she'd say, I mean, who cares? I mean, you don't know, you weren't there, You're.
Speaker 2: If you've been on Housewives multiple years, you can get free facelifts from good surgeons by just posting. So I'm never.
Speaker 3: Gonna say you can go to jail.
Speaker 2: Like did you you know do a trade like I have my neckflip. I posted about it.
Speaker 3: We're good, I'll know money they we need to talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But then Alexis tells Vicky there's more than what Shannon has told her. Either way, that was money well spent. But then some of the women are like, we didn't even know she had a facelift, which goes back to like Shannon giving that's a compliment.
Speaker 3: No, but that's a compliment. Well, they didn't know she had a facelift because it looks so natural and it looks so good. Yeah, you don't have a facelift and look like somebody else, a look like the formed person. So she looks so good, she looks so natural. So they didn't know she had to face it. So to me, that's a compliment not knowing that you got to face it. You should want to look natural.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. Then Sannon says she could release something worse about John, proving he's a monster. Shannon says she can't say anything since he file a lawsuit. Tamer tells Vicky she wasn't the reason she backed out of Trace Amiga's it was Shannon. Vicky says Tamar needs to support her. Tammer says Vicki is enabling her and she needs help with her drinking. And then Alexi Alexis says, lie, her face needs to stop talking. Emily thinks Alexis is doing herself a disservice by being John's defender. And then Vicky tells the women this is disgusting and they not all need to be kind to one another as women of faith, and then Heather and Emily agree that's hypocritical. So do the editors because then they show all this, but also and one last point and then you can you go. But if Vicky really didn't want to be about the drama when she saw Shannon walk away from that table upset, I would have.
Speaker 3: Walked with her.
Speaker 2: I would have waked her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I did that with Marisol. I had a similar situation like that, and I was I wanted to stay because I was not afraid, and I was like, I can stay here. But I left after Marisol because Marisola wanted to leave and she felt uncomfortable, and I went with my friend and I want my friend. And that's what Biggie should have done. She stayed there just because she wanted to be part of the trouble and kind of like have a moment. And then just after she said everything just walked out and encouraged them all to be friends and loving and kind and have faith. I was like, what it is.
Speaker 2: Bullshit, Like you stayed here because you wanted to get a reaction out of Alexis and Tarmera and whoever else.
Speaker 3: I did like that you saw, you know, the little conversation between Tamra and VICI you know where Tamra explained. I mean, I don't know that it made it any better, but you know, I thought that was I think they.
Speaker 2: Just all have such a long history and they know so much about each other, and they know, you know, the good, the bad, and the ugly. And I think that's why we've loved watching these this friendship throughout the years. Yes, but I think now is you know, it really is hard when you see people heading their breaking point.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, I mean I feel maybe Vicky and Tamrock can come together and if they really do love and care for Shannon and she does have a problem with drinking, that they could help her.
Speaker 2: But I think it's really hardy gone the other way. Vicky is now doubling down on tam Like it's just I don't want to be so biased, but it's like I think at this point the trace of megas is a toxic three so done.
Speaker 3: Oh, I agree, we don't want that. We don't want a three someme to be toxic.
Speaker 2: So no, yeah, no, I mean only only good threesomething, right, But I am yeah. I think I think the biggest issue in closing is Vicky thinks Shannon can drink and Tarmor doesn't. So I think they're not going to agree on that point. But I also it.
Speaker 4: Also, by the way, if I were Shannon, I would leave those scenes and I would just like drink a whole bottle of tequila because honestly, like you know what that is to be like, not seeing with those women and they're attacking you and telling you things.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think these women are driving Shannon to drink. I mean, it's a lot, a lot.
Speaker 2: But I think also Shannon can just say what she wants to do on her own to the group and say where she is and what she's doing, and then they don't have the option to comment on it. If you comment on yourself and you make a declaration on where you are and say to your friends, guys, I know, I know I've.
Speaker 3: Done one hundred you have to own it, but I'm not ready.
Speaker 2: I mean, we'll see. I think it's definitely heating up. It is definitely heating up.
Speaker 3: It is I'm having fun watching now, my.
Speaker 2: Gosh, I know we're hooked. We're hooked. I'm taking notes, Oh my gosh. All right, thanks you guys for tuning in to another episode of The Tatoo Cheese, and thanks for all your hot takes
Speaker 1: Mhm