Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Convenio Rich at Foxsportsradio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app like searching FSR.
Speaker 1: Ah rid. It's that time of the year.
Speaker 2: Where every day it's that time of year there's just so much stuff to talk about. No, it's when the world falls in love because it's football time. Hell yeah, ball, It's Friday Friday.
Speaker 1: Friday, Friday Friday.
Speaker 2: Well Bill, Wild Wings Friday. It's wild Wing Friday. We're eating, We're celebrating football weekend. And we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio, broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. For over forty years, Tyrak has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Ship fast and free back by free road hazard protection with can veni installation options like mobile tire installation tire rack dot com. The way tire buying should be. I'm Covino, that is Rich, and we be rocking. Now let's go. If you want to see what you're hearing. We stream the whole show live spot throws videos up and that we're talking about ye YouTube dot com, slash at covin on rich FSR. We're here, join us and by the ways, here speaking of tire rec you got to be calling Tirac. I saw you sent me a picture this morning that you have a little bubble on your tire. Well, my run flat did his job because you're bubbled out, and yes, I'm here. But when it bubbles out like that, it means you hit a curb or you hit a pothole and it protected the rim, but it bubbled out like stick a blowfish, and it's about the burst at any second. So right after the show, yeah, I gotta get my Pirelli P zero's tire rack style. But it's like everything happens at once. Now I'm not complaining, I'm just displaying because we got football and that's exciting. We have exciting things to talk about, of course in price to give away, but everything happens at once. Got the blowout about to happen the tire? You know what that costs?
Speaker 1: Right? Good?
Speaker 2: Five four to five hund Oh you got the five performance tires? Yeah for a nice run flat, brand new. It's expensive, it's not cheap, and you know what happened. This is great. And this is not to say ah, what was me is to say, hey, at least your weekend's going better than mine. It's a heat wave here in Los Angeles. It's lame as a ables. It's bat wing weather, sweaty ass weather on the forecast, and my AC is out, My unit's done. Stick a fork in it. And guess what esmund I got this morning? Ooh, say for a new AC unit in my place? All right, I'm not talking window air conditioning. I'm talking a full on unit. Ten grand up. Again, we're in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody quoted my mom recently fourteen for an.
Speaker 2: So let's go fourteen grand up cost Joe Montada sixteen sixteen plus. That's not including taxes. And you know they have to break the ceiling open. That's more money just to get this done. I live in a condo here in Los Angeles, and it's done, it's over, and now I'm getting estimates while sweating my ass off every night. Sixteen gees on top of the tire, on top of my daughter bust in my shops because she's a pin in the s teenager. So just know the beauty of a football weekend. I appreciate it. Pay attention, pay attention to my parlais litter.
Speaker 1: I will.
Speaker 4: I will say this, Cavino, because we were in a similar situation last year where ours went out. We had to have it replaced. I couldn't wait for summer, like the nine months to actually use it. If your unit is old, yeah it's twenty five years old, you will save the amount that you were spending. You will save for however you want to. If you're you gonna do it on a yes payment plan or whatever, Yes you can, you will save the amount with it.
Speaker 2: It is, and sometimes there's rebates. But yeah, my point is everything sort of happens at once, So enjoy the football, let your mind go free, and just enjoy the red zone that I'll be tuning into commercial free right, oh man, and there's commercials.
Speaker 1: Heads are falling off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, anyway, at least there's football, is my point, and I'm excited about it despite all the hassles and hoffs life throws your way. But yeah, they pay me in wild wings and meatballs here at Fox Sports, so you should be good. So I should be fine, But sixteen thousand, that's just one estimate, man, So we'll see what happens. Interestingly, enough life, am I right? Or what to show you how Covino is sick of me? Once we're done with the show, I said, hey, dude, if if you want to stay in my guest bedroom so you don't stay in the heat, he rather stay.
Speaker 1: In the eat.
Speaker 2: It's rather sweat in his own place than have to spend time with me on a weekend. It's the cost that bothers me the most for something that's gonna sit on my roof and I'm never gonna see anyway. Like Dan Bayer said, I won't reap the benefits until next summer probably yes, But right now it's hot in Los Angeles, so gotta figure this out soon. Either way, Last night I sat there in my own stank, in my own sweat, and I enjoyed the game, and we got to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Now we're gonna give away prizes.
Speaker 2: We got Rich's solar power parlay that returns weekend hobnobbing because it's Friday.
Speaker 1: What you need to watch this weekend? What games? What shows? We'll fill you in.
Speaker 2: But last night, man, It was controversial right from the get go, talking about the NFL providing content from the first from the first freaking play, an offensive snap hadn't been taken yet, and here we are with what loogie gate. You know what I was saying, Oh snap, Now, I gotta say, man, everybody was pretty hard on Jalen Carter, and I guess deservingly so. But we only saw one side of the story. And don't tell me with all the footage and all the replays and all the access that people have, they didn't know that Dak Prescott spit first. They saved that for the very end of the game because we watched the whole thing, watched the whole thing thinking Jalen Carter was a villain. Yeah, I'm saying he's not. I'm not saying he's not. I'm saying, when you get the full story, I feel like there's a different understanding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Deck spit was different though it was not.
Speaker 2: Even different like Dek spit on the ground, and it could have been very well been like yeah, but they couldn't have explained that during the broadcast because there was a good hour or two hours plus where I was like, this guy's the worst dude. Ever, and I'm not justifying it, but the fact that I think it was a retaliation spit does change.
Speaker 1: It a little bit. A little bit I'll explain now.
Speaker 2: If I were to spit on the ground and like make a look at you, and then you walked up.
Speaker 1: To me and spit on me, that's like not even close.
Speaker 2: It's not the same. But again, I got to start it off by saying, we were led to believe that Jalen Carter spit on Dak Prescott out of nowhere, and that's the ultimate insult, the ultimate disrespect to get spit on. So you automatically thought, like, what an a hole. He's jeopardizing his own team, his own reputation to do that to Dak Prescott.
Speaker 1: The game hasn't even started. You totally blew it.
Speaker 2: What a terrible look for your friends and family and for the team, and you think, like, what a what a mistake to make before the season even starts. But then the details slip out. I saw it first on social media, not on the broadcast, that the first spit was from Dak Prescott. Is it the same, No, But it was in the direction and you could see the misunderstanding because it looked like Dak was antagonizing him. To me, dude, if I spit on the grass or floor in front of me, but it was in his direction. Yeah, but it's not like it's not the same. I agree with you. I'm not debating that at all. What Jaye len Carter still did was was uncalled for and atrocious and disrespectful. It was gross, especially for young fans. It was gross. He should apologize to his young fans. But I could see where it was coming from because he thought that Dak was spitting at him, but didn't. Dak then follow it up after the game with yo, I spell like one hundred times a game. It's gross, but that's what we do. They all, yeah, they all do. But you could see at least where it was coming from. I'm not making excuses for the guy. I'm saying I have a different understanding as to why it happened, not excusing the fact that it happened. I'm saying he saw Dak Prescott spit in his direction, whether it was at his feet or just like at his direction. He's like, are you trying to spit on me? And then you see Dak sort of antagonize him like, yo, what's up?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: Looking at him, you could see where it got under his skin that he jumped the gun and spit on him.
Speaker 1: And I was uncalled for.
Speaker 2: Yes, but at least I understand why it happened, not justifying the fact that it happened, man, saying I understand. I thought twenty twenty four was the year of the Hawkta Well, would you would you be okay if someone's spitting you in your direction?
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter in your direction. I mean that's on me.
Speaker 2: I know it's not on you, but like in your direction, because it did look like it was in his direction, but it wasn't like he pointed at Jalen Carter made some big gestures like yo, you clown.
Speaker 1: He was looking at him, though, he was like he was kind of staring at antagonizing the dude.
Speaker 2: If I looked at I was sam right in the eyes and I spit out my face mask literally a foot in front of me, and I was just like, look at a little I say, it was kind of provocative. It could have been I be interpret it as I spit at you. I spit at you, man, It could have been interpreted that way. I don't think that that Prescott meant it that way, but I think that's how he interpreted it. I'm not I'm not playing dumb here, but I really think I believe when I when I see Dax saying like, dude, I don't know what this guy's doing. I was just I spent one hundred times a game.
Speaker 1: I believe that too. I don't.
Speaker 2: I also believe that Jalen Carter thought something else. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I don't believe. I don't believe that Dak was spitting at.
Speaker 2: Him intentionally, but I believe it could have been interpreted that way, like you're spitting in my direction? You're spitting at That would be like you looking at someone's direction and grabbing your junk and then being like yo, he made a gesture and community like.
Speaker 1: Boy read my junk one hundred times a day.
Speaker 2: Why he discrediting the expressions and antagonizing afterward. Then I think that's what adds to it. It doesn't make it okay. Like I said, I can't defend it. I think it's the worst disrespect ever. I think it's a gross look for the NFL, for Carter, who apparently is a great player and a great guy. I love how Dak Prescott handled it.
Speaker 1: Sure about it. He's a great guy. Oh, I don't think he's a very bright individual personally. They were saying he's a great teammate.
Speaker 2: Jalen Hurts was speaking very highly of him, and Dak Prescott even spoke highly of him after the game. So I feel like he handled it really well. But I'm not making excuses. I'm saying I could see how it was misinterpreted. Yeah, that's all. And we didn't get that story till like almost after the game. Be honest, no one was hurt, nothing bad happened. I almost feel like I'm over it. Let's move on against his other storylines. But it was a big thing last night. But the reality is Jalen Carter was ejected from the game. DA's like, yo, I spent a lot. I'm sorry I hit him away.
Speaker 1: From a game. Because that's what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Eagles won no harm, no foul for losing a great player early on. I think it's sort of becoming a non story a day later, but in that moment, it was a big deal.
Speaker 3: I still want to know what Dak said because as a brooder film style, there's tape of Dak mumbling something, saying something to Carter and people were trying to read his lips, but he obviously said something that triggered Card.
Speaker 2: Sorry jumboy only does baseball, Yeah no, he does cricket and other week things too, But your thoughts eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox, and it is unfortunate that that's what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: But that's how the game started.
Speaker 2: And it was a close game, and Rich talked about that yesterday, like, hey, this could be one of those games that is a lot closer than me. I think it's as I even said last night on Instagram I posted during the game, it was.
Speaker 1: It was exactly what I said.
Speaker 2: It was why I didn't want to bet on that game, because the Cowboys kept it close and you could have seen that happening, but a couple of things bounce a different way.
Speaker 1: The Eagles could have covered that eight and a half. So it's hard. It's so hard to predict.
Speaker 2: Not only do I commend Dak Prescott and how he handled the press conference after the game right and the situation, but I also want to say he played a pretty decent game and it was not on him. Yeah, no, I agree with that, But this is Dak speaking about the spitting incident.
Speaker 5: I probably spent a thousand times throughout the game, I mean, especially game day, maybe even in general, and something I I guess I'm not proud of. But in that case, he was trolling, I guess you could say, trying to mess with Tyler Booker. I was just looking at him. I was right here by the two linemen, and I guess I needed to spit and I wasn't gonna spend on my liman and I just spit ahead. But I would say he was back there where Joey was in that sense, and he asked, or he goes, you're trying to spin on me, And at that point, I mean, I felt like like like he was insulting me, like I don't I wouldn't spend on somebody. I'm damn sure not trying to spend on you, like we're about to play a game.
Speaker 1: I believe that. I believe Dak. Believe it or not, I do believe Dak.
Speaker 2: I think he handled it with class afterwards speaking highly of Jalen, because I would not speak as highly as he did of Jalling if someone spit on me afterward. But I do understand where Jalen could have misinterpreted the situation.
Speaker 1: I do well. It doesn't justify it, but I get it. Let's hear from the spinner himself, jaling Card.
Speaker 6: I heard the rough talking and then I heard him say this is a Tusso ball offence or it's something I am.
Speaker 1: That's what I know.
Speaker 7: Did you have a conversation with Nick?
Speaker 8: And if so, would be what kind of message did he really?
Speaker 6: I didn't have a conversation yet, I know we want to have that conversation. They had to focus on the game. Still, I don't want to be strapping from the game. You know, are you worried he might be suspended the people?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 6: Probably? You know that text what I call and about a conversation that will add as now you know, I walk off to feel calmly. I was not mad.
Speaker 7: That's pretty much.
Speaker 6: I couldn't really do nothing.
Speaker 7: Else, you know.
Speaker 6: The ugh decision is the rough decision on the situation. When things started to come out and you start seeing a thing that if we can go off that But I don't got nothing to say about it at all.
Speaker 2: Now, Rich and I have a rule we never defend people for things that we would never do. I would never spit on somebody. However, emotions are high. Yeah right, it's your first game of the season. You're probably getting your teammates all pumped up, nationally televised game. You think someone's spitting at you. Let's say someone spit on you, Rich, Does that change how you feel about it. I still don't think I would spit back. Really, if something, maybe i'd push them, punch them, do so I don't think I would. I'm saying, yeah, I'm not certain I wouldn't if someone did it to me first. I'm not certain that I wouldn't if someone or if I thought someone did it to me first. If I'm jailing Carter in that scenario, I'm getting a fifteen yard penalty but not getting kicked out of the game, because if I thought someone spit at me, I'd probably yeah, well that's I probably would have. You know, you might have been aggressive and got like an unsportsman like penalty, But it was a selfish move, There's no question about that. And he put his team in jeopardy and there's no forgiving that moment. I'm just saying that we didn't get the full story. Yeah, we didn't get the full story until at the end, and yeah, it's gross.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's the biggest deal in the world either, though.
Speaker 2: I think we can move on, and I think I think you'll forget about it rather quickly.
Speaker 1: But Luky Gate was interesting last night because you're like, what already? Huh, what's up? Dan Bayer?
Speaker 4: I know you think that we're gonna move on, but I'm not gonna let you. Yeah, No, that's fine, because do you think that last year was the anomaly with Philadelphia where everybody was on the same page and they went together as a team, or do you think it's the opposite.
Speaker 1: Because it was only a year.
Speaker 2: It was months before that that they were calling for Nick Sirianni's job, the team was in disarray, things were not good, and then you're right, last year it seemed like everything lined up.
Speaker 4: Yes, And I would tend to think that last year was the anomaly.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think last night they were, as I was going to bring up next, they were a couple ceed lamb plays away from letting that game slip away at home Week one.
Speaker 4: Sure, and there's I think a legitimate reason why a team would win a Super Bowl and maybe not have that same desire. Maybe the team goal has now been met, so there may be individual goals that maybe like, these are all things that come into a team when you end up winning a super Bowl, let alone a team that has been known to have individuals and people kind of doing their own thing. And that's what stood out to me about last night was we're five seconds into a title defense and Jalen Carter is doing his own thing, and so that is that's why I know we're going to move on from it. But if the Eagles don't have the season that we think they should be having where people are putting them back into the super Bowl, maybe going back to back, I think that this is a point where we can look back to to be like, Okay, maybe last year really was the one off and this is a team that has just got too many big personalities to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not a team first move, There's no question. Right's that? And that is letting your emotions get to you.
Speaker 3: Did any of us pick the Eagles yesterday to go to.
Speaker 1: The Super Bowl? I don't think so oh to go?
Speaker 3: Yeah, to even go?
Speaker 1: I think you did? I did? Did you?
Speaker 3: Okay? So one of us?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think the play last night immediately took the wind out of their sales. This is supposed to be a coronation. A first quarter of the Cowboys are coming to the town again, the Micah Parsons less Cowboys. You're the chance, you're ready to dominate them, and all of a sudden, your best defensive player gets kicked out. I thought that that and then the Cowboys go down and score on the first drive. I thought it immediately took the wind out of their sales.
Speaker 1: I think it.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, a win's a win, and you move on and you look forward to the next week. But that that wasn't a wow. You goals look great on their uh you know.
Speaker 3: No, they're missing a couple of pieces on defense, and that defense looks stout last season.
Speaker 2: Either either the Cowboys are a little better than we thought, or the Eagles just slip by because they have better personnel at the end of the day, and the Cowboys aren't great, but you expose that the Eagles aren't as good as we think.
Speaker 1: Either.
Speaker 2: I feel that CD lamb last night, and you don't want to get down on one guy. Gy caught for over one hundred yards. He's a star player. I'm sure he knows. He knows that last drive, that first one, the first big mess over the middle, that's an obvious drop. But even the other one, when you get paid thirty to forty million dollars in you're a top five guy, and that you are an elite wide receiver, you're ceedee lamb, you're a baller.
Speaker 1: I feel like you make that catch in that moment.
Speaker 2: I know Chris Collins Earth was sort of like, well that's a catch that. I mean, you can't really count that as a drop.
Speaker 1: I think I did. I counted that as was.
Speaker 2: Catchable man, and he's a superstar. And you got to give credit to Dak too for putting it. It seemed like he was aggrevated. That was a perfect placement for that. It seemed like he was as aggravated with that one. His hands went to his helmet. He was not happy. And and that's how close the Cowboys won. If they would have cut the first one, they would have won that game.
Speaker 4: They just had it on the NFL network thirty seconds ago because they're replaying the game as he started there. Rickoschet, that was almost an interception as well, that first one. It could have been a crucial turnover could have been even worse.
Speaker 2: And that's a moment where again no one's saying Dak looked bad, but that's a moment where Dak put a ball on the money. When you watch that slow motion replay how he hit ceede Lamb on that slant and put the ball in a place where he could only get it and had a tough loss for him. For Dak, that was like, dude, I put the ball on the money. He did everything then on then on fourth and short, I gave you a little a little out route, you know, do you give Dak a little grace moving forward because like he should have had that one, they would have beat the defending chain in the first game of the season. He did everything he could as a cute you know, everyone loves to take a dump on the Cowboys and on Dak Prescott. I think you gotta, yeah, give him a little little breathing room moving forward because he did everything. There's no guarantee it's a touchdown, but you assume, like, oh, maybe that's what met him. They get in the end zone and for all you know, the Eagles then get the ball back with a minute kick a field goal tie it who knows how it turns out, but Ceedee Lamb took the took the wind out of the sales of everyone hoping that the NFL would have a nail bier Week one opening that it was a great game. It was close, it was not a blowout twenty four twenty But I'm saying you, if they had caught one of those passes, if CD Lamb pulls down one of those, that's again another legendary Week one Game one. Like damn, the NFL is bringing it, as Colin Coward called them, CD lame.
Speaker 1: CD lame. Yeah, he came up lame yesterday.
Speaker 2: Your superstars got to step up because that could have been a big moment for the team, a big momentum.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say shift. It's the first game, but great momentum is moving forward. If you could steal Game one in Philadelphia and the Cowboys, like any you lose Michael Parsons, the morale is down.
Speaker 1: Everyone's sort of laughing at you now.
Speaker 2: Like man Jerry Jones, the documentaries out, we're getting a glimpse into the heritage of him owning the team. The Cowboys could have come away last night looking awesome.
Speaker 4: And I'll say this, not that social media is a fair place, because it never is, but the shots that they were taking on Jerry. If boy this, this Cowboys team could use a pass rusher. Yeah, well totally Like, well, they don't have first round picks, can't play in a game right now, Like that's that's of course they're going to miss him.
Speaker 1: We knew that.
Speaker 4: One of the reasons why we actually supported Jerry was we didn't feel the team was good enough to pay Micah Parsons. Yet everybody was grabbing that low hanging fruit.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I saw, I saw, I saw Nick Wright was he facetimed Dan Patrick and he was like saying, man, it looks like this team's just a pass thrusher.
Speaker 1: Short.
Speaker 2: That was one of the hey oh that was one of the social media lines last night, Like, well, if they only had a pass rusher.
Speaker 3: I think great Cowboys too. dB went away from the run too soon, only down by four. I felt like they should have kept trying to pound the rock a little bit more. They started just going past happy in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then I don't know if it's because of the fumble with Miles Sanders and that point or or what Javonte Williams had the two touchdowns, but I'm not sure and how much Juicy's going to have for the entire season. But it is a team, especially with the Eagles as well, you'd want to keep your offense on the field and run the football.
Speaker 1: So I don't think Danny's wrong.
Speaker 2: So you had Lugi gate, you had some drop passes, you had some funny content, you had a delay, you had lots going on last night, probably a close game. East Coast must have really hated that. Yeah, they stayed up late watching. Now I was laugh at that because that was us most of our lives. Then you moved to the West Coast and you're like, haha. So those are our takeaways?
Speaker 1: What are yours?
Speaker 2: Eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, And remember just a reminder, come Monday, we do something called Things that you go hmm, where we go over all of our observations from every game. So looking forward to that. But speaking of football, we're also gonna talk some quarterbacks and people's bad takes on quarterbacks and should there be repercussions, accountability, maybe even punishment for bad takes, especially when you're talking about that bad it takes that bad I think there should be some light, funny punishment and we'll get to that. And of course I got some parlays, I got some picks I want to make. We got some good stuff coming up. It's a Friday.
Speaker 1: We have a game tonight. That's another thing. Better believe it. Mahomes Kelsey action.
Speaker 2: And I don't think it's gonna happen today, but i'd imagine we're days away from finding out our Super Bowl halftime show. And all fingers and all all signs are pointing towards Taylor Swift. So we'll get to that and more. All coming up right here, Calvi Know and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. Game on Game on Week one starts now, and every touchdown brings you closer to a pant With DraftKings sports book and official sports betting partner of the NFL. Now this isn't just football, it's first touchdown, fireworks, anytime, TD rushes and live bets that ride every momentum shift. At DraftKings, every play is your next shot to win. I gotta ask you, yeah, is today about redemption for you? Because I believe it was you yesterday that said saque over one hundred easy? Know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe maybe tonight.
Speaker 2: What do you think, little Kelsey action little uh mahomes or are you feeling her hermer gonna put up three hundred oh plus or what I'll always put money on Mahomes, So I think that's a safe bet, Kelsey.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Lots of great props, lots of great bets you can make new customers. Here's what we're doing for you. Bet five bucks, You're gonna get three hundred in bonus bets instantly, plus grab over two hundred well if NFL Sunday ticket from YouTube and YouTube TV. Your season starts now. Download the DraftKings sportsbook app and use code CR show this code cr show to get three undred dollars and bonus bets instantly when you place your first bet of five dollars or more plus over two hundred off NFL Sunday ticket from YouTube and YouTube TV.
Speaker 1: In partnership with DraftKings. The Crown is Yours.
Speaker 10: Gambling problem Call one eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope in wire text hope and wy for six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling Call eight at eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven, or I visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell Casino and Resort in Kansas. Fees may apply in Illinois twenty one plus. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario. Bonus bets expire seven days after issuance. C Sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com Slash promos NFL Sunday Ticket offer for new subscribers only at auto renews until canceled. Digital games and commercial use excluded. Restrictions apply. Additional NFL Sunday Ticket terms at YouTube dot com slash Go Slash NFL Sunday Ticket Slash Terms Limited time offer.
Speaker 2: All right, we got Danny g super producing on the phones at eight seven seven ninety nine one Fox Iowa Sam on the ones and twes Dan Byer's got your update in about five minutes. We're Coveno and Rich and we're streaming live on YouTube our new YouTube channel, YouTube dot com slash at Covino and Rich FSR. So if you're on YouTube, just search Covino and Rich FSR you can watch what you hear. We appreciate it, and of course our podcasts and our best of the week drops tomorrow. There's the best of every day, but our best of the week drops tomorrow with the NYG works hard on that. So follow the podcast Covino and Rich How how quickly, yes, do people post on social media when something crazy happens?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't the minute that's why you hop on.
Speaker 2: But it's so funny because it's like the minute the Jaalen Carter, what spit happens, There's people rushing to their MacBook and they're making photoshops of Hawk to a girl and spitting and this it's amazing how people are so motivated to be the first with the meme first of the picture. If everyone had that work ethic across the board, world would be a different place. But there's a lot of funny content that comes out of these big and last night was as big as it gets. And now you look at tonight you got Chiefs Chargers, and Dan Bayer pointed out during the break the end zones look great. They did a Super Bowl style tonight where well again in Brazil, each team gets an end zone and they got that sweet powder blue end zone for the Chargers, and I guess the Chiefs go with that yellow with the Red. Maybe it dates back to their early Super Bowl appearance appearances, but you'll see that tonight as we hit our second game. Let's take a few quick phone calls and then we're gonna talk about bad takes in sports. You know, we're all guilty of them, but some people like really lean into them and there's no repercussions or accountability. We'll talk about it. And as we take these calls, could I let it be known that I, yes, I am mildly distracted by the reports of Christian McCaffrey as a Niners fan, Like everything was a okay on Wednesday, Then.
Speaker 1: Thursday, do you see a okay? Okay?
Speaker 2: And then Thursday he was a mild participant and now today he didn't do much at all and listed as questionable according to Adam Schefter, And it's like questionable, Yeah, that happen. Let's talk about DAK with Mike and Seattle. What's up, Mike, Mike ay, Hey, Mike, Hey, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 1: Bud Hey?
Speaker 7: A longtime listener, first time caller, all that, and you guys are great, appreciate, but what's up? Yeah, Oh, I like your guys' take on DAK And you know, I feel like he gets a lot of flack obviously as a qb uh, but clearly it's a team a team game. At the end of the day, he kind of did everything to win. But you know, I think they play that. Nobody's talking about it. We're not really talking about that much is how he saved that stumble recovery by laying out. You know, for a guy who's been out with season ending injuries a couple of times in the last couple of years, he's still putting it all on the line, you know.
Speaker 2: All right, you could say he had a great game. You know what he did. He baited Carter and got him kicked out. I think he baited him and and Carter took the ba like a dumbass. I think he made a few great plays. Unfortunately, Ceedee Lamb wasn't on the receiving end of him. And he had a nice phone with recovery, and he handled the press wall. He had a good night. He really did as good a night as he could have had for a loss when he could have very well had to win. They were, oh, we would have been we would have been praising how the Cowboys responded to the Michael Parsons thing. It would have been a bit, it would have been a different narrative. Now we're going to take the rest of your phone calls eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox So Hank tight and at Covin and Rich on social media. But we got to go to the man, damn man with the plan. Dan.
Speaker 4: So here's the situation with Christian McCaffrey of the San Francisco forty nine.
Speaker 1: Let's let's give me the gim me the goods. You laid it out perfectly.
Speaker 4: Practice Wednesday, calf injury pops up yesterday, doesn't practice today, accept does some work on the side with the team. Head coach Kyle Shanahan called him officially questionable after the DMP Today, McCaffrey within the last fifteen minute spoke with reporters says that he feels great and plans to play against the Seahawks on Sunday. That was the word from the running back. But again he's probably not going to have final say on whether he goes or not. But that's the latest. He says, he feels great, plans to play. Kyle Shanahan saying that he's questioned.
Speaker 1: That's weird.
Speaker 2: Until they labeled the questionable on the on the injury report. I felt like it was going to be a probable based on a lot of forty nine ers things I follow were like, yeah, the forty nine ers are just being cautious.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be fine. But the questionable was like, what, you.
Speaker 2: Gotta be on the same page with that stuff because it's a big deal. Money's online, Rich's hard is on the line. Season start is on the line. This happened recently with Aaron Boone and Aaron Boone and Aaron Judge where they're like, yeah, Judge, how's the elbow. He's like, feels great. They're like, well, Boone says otherwise, yeah, he said, yeah, you saw that, so geez so.
Speaker 4: And I'll add this, do you think that last year's scenario plays into this where we're very skeptical and Christian McCaffrey really wants to be out there, but it's a long season. Niners went to Seattle won their last year without Christian McCaffrey, So like those things, Christian McCaffrey's questionable. That's what we'll say.
Speaker 2: And if you want more, Aaron Boone alerts Escavino, he's got Booney Alerts on his well.
Speaker 1: That was a big story.
Speaker 2: Because they weren't on the same page.
Speaker 1: I got a booner listening to him. Packers listen. Michaeh.
Speaker 4: Parsons is questionable to face the Lions coming up on Sunday again. Limited in practice today. Chiefs chargers tonight no charges, car mcguy Beckton listed as questionable to play because of an illness. Patriots one to have corner Christian Gonzales against Danny's Raiders. He's out because of a hamstring injury. Saints want to have Chase Young or left guard Trevor Penning. They're out against the Cardinals. Eagles signed defensive Enzadarius Smith to a deal today, and the Bills plays kicker Tyler Bass and I are They signed Matt Prater to their active roster. He'll start kicking Sunday night when they face the Ravens. Day baseball Clubs top the Nationals eleven to five. Mets option pitcher Code singing to triple A. Shoel Tani's actually going to start for the Dodgers on the mound today. He had his start pushed back because of an illness, but then moved up because Tyler glasno is not going to pitch tonight. Klassnew dealing with some tightness in his back. Dodgers start a series with the Orioles and at the US Open, Carlos Alcaraz currently up two sets to love on Novak Djokovic in their semi final match. In fact, Alcoraz right now up five to two in the third set, so ready to close it out in queenspeck to you guys and.
Speaker 2: Up straight up passing of the torch recently the last year or so with Alcoraz. All right, thank you, Dan Bayer. Now coming up, we are going to talk a lot of NFL Week one. I got some parlay picks. We're gonna go over everything you need to watch this weekend of the world of sports and entertainment.
Speaker 1: So hang tight. More next on Coveno and Rich.
Speaker 2: Now, if you're looking for a new way to hire and manage your workforce, Express Employment Professionals makes it easy forget about posting jobs, sifting through resumes, being ghosted, and interviews with unqualified applicants. Move up to the pros with expresspros dot Com. Express your full service workforce solution, connecting you with top talent fast, everyday. Express recruits and screens a variety of workers in your area, so when it's time to hire, they have the talent you need, ready to go, ready to work. A contract workforce through Express can help you manage contingent labor costs and provide the people you need to meet current demands. And if you need full time employees, Express can recruit for you. Express Employment Pros helps tens of thousands of companies find workers, saving business time and increasing flexibility. Find your nearest location at expresspros dot com. Each of the eight hundred and seventy Express locations are locally owned and operated back by the support of an international headquarter. Listen, you know hiring a stressful, so stop the hassles and partner with Express. Go to expresspros dot com find the location near you. Speaking a fatboy slim as you play, Praise you. I was Sam on the Ones and Twos actually wrote that. I wrote that in my notes for today. We're one game into the season. It's like get fat time. If you don't watch yourself, it really is body shaming me.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah No, I'm just saying it's it's a time of year where beers go down, smoother wings go down easier, pizza is easy to order something. We were the good time guys today. I'm just saying like, just uh, was it just beer? Was there extra sauce on the wings out there?
Speaker 1: It was so good?
Speaker 2: But I'm just saying like, it's a good treat. But I feel like now's the time of Now's the time of the year where it's very easy to be like, oh, you're hey. Do you think that's intentional though? Football season starting right, You don't think the managers are like, hey, extra sauce, like just to hook them for the rest of the season. Yeah, it is with some stink on it today. So those wings were tasted nice for lunch. We brought them in at Danny g with the voice Iowa Sam with the fat boy Slim. We got spot on the videos and now it's time for the tire IRAQ play of the day.
Speaker 1: Fireworks in Philly. Even before the first snap, this name couldn't have started worse.
Speaker 9: Unsportsman like conduct on the Eagles, unsportsman like conduct on the Eagles, in particular on Jalen Harder, and even worse. Carter, one of the eagles most packful players, was ejected from the game on the very first before the very first play from the scirtut.
Speaker 2: Now again, if you just joined us, I said, I understood, but that doesn't mean I'm making excuses for this guy. It's a pathetic move. That's Jalen Carter ejected. And that's our Fox Sports Radio tire rack play of the day.
Speaker 1: Curtsey barrel reef. He's got a stuffed up base barrel reach. I was saying, me and me and Ryan Bersching, who's in the back. We have a joke. We always do the Meryl recent impression.
Speaker 2: Make that guys an old school handkerchief. That's a ninety four wip. And for over forty years, tire Act has been healthy. Customers find the right tires, how what and where they drive. Shipfest and free back by free Road has a protection, convenient installation options and you can get all that at tirec dot com.
Speaker 1: The way tire buying should be.
Speaker 2: Now we want to go to your phone calls at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. A lot of people chiming in about the game last night. It's just great to have football back. So pumped about the weekend. So before we get into your solar power parlay and all that, fun stuff which want to take these calls?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to Marshall in the Burg. What's up, Pittsburgh?
Speaker 11: Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 1: What's up body?
Speaker 11: So I'm a Steelers fan, so nobody has more disdain for the Cowboys than I do. And I'm a Georgia Bulldog graduate, so nobody likes bulldog players more than I do. There's no way in the world that Jalen Carter could have perceived that Dak Carter that Dak Prescott was spitting at him. It just wasn't that way. He wasn't. He may have said something to him, and I don't doubt that, but there's no way he could have perceived that Dak was spitting at him. It was just an uncouth thing and you can understand it. I don't, and I'm glad he got suspended.
Speaker 1: Did you see the footage?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's vile, and I think he's wrong, and it's horrible to do, and it's selfish and all that, But how do you not see that that was spitting in his direction and antagonizing him. I'm not saying that that did anything wrong. I'm not if anything, DA did everything right. He pissed that guy off and got him kicked down.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: The footage is pretty clear to me that it's in his direction. I think that what he was doing, it's just like it's it's a it's a stretch.
Speaker 1: Zach and Arizona. I don't see it. Is that a stretched at all? I'm hold on, I'm not saying they're the same thing. What Carter did was atrocious.
Speaker 2: You and I are about six street for me, yeah, and my toward my feet.
Speaker 1: It's still disrespectful.
Speaker 2: If it was like a dribble, spit out of his mouth and then you walk up to me and spin on my chest.
Speaker 1: I watched it. Hold on, no, no, no, no, don't talk to him.
Speaker 2: I never said that changing the conversation. I never said what Dak did was at the same level as what Carter did at all. But you don't see how Dak baited him into that. You don't see how that's possible.
Speaker 1: It's given you like.
Speaker 2: Doing of these to someone and they're not expecting it, and then they freak out.
Speaker 1: It's like, that's what it is, was it? Romeo and Juliet. It's like your thumb, your your tooth, your thumb at me? Sir, whatever it is, what Carter did was way worse. There's no pubka right, I haven't sorry, I haven't looked at Shakespeare once.
Speaker 2: You're such a thespian. All right, let's go to Zach in Arizona.
Speaker 1: Hey, Zach, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Boys?
Speaker 12: Tell y'all doing?
Speaker 1: We're good man with your thoughts.
Speaker 12: And I couldn't help but ask myself the question of if is cam Newton's assessment of Jayla Hurts being a game manager?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 12: Because after looking at the throwing chart and where he was completing his passes, I can't help but think he was a game manager. Not saying that's a bad thing, but he may be the most ultimate game manager we've ever seen based on his talvin and skill set. But I don't think he's dynamic down the field thrower quarter.
Speaker 2: I mean agreed, he got that first down in the fourth quarter on that final drive win needed. He scrambled, used his legs. Great, great line. Still, but Danny, you hit us up with the uh. There were memes going around last night saying, yeah, his passing chart, yeah yeah, we get this. Real people out there calling this man a top five quarterback. Good night, And it's hurts nineteen for twenty three one hundred and fifty two yards.
Speaker 1: He did rush for two tuddies.
Speaker 3: But most of the passes were eight ten yards one one down the field like an intermediate throw. But other than that. But hey, he gets the job done and he wins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, I'm more about the first game of this. I'm more about winning, man. I know that.
Speaker 2: Uh you know, Mahomes is a great example of a guy whose numbers are not even close to what they were. Oh yeah, a couple of years back, five years ago, Mahomes has put up circus numbers.
Speaker 1: Now what does Mahomes do? Now? He just wins. You know, what do you rather do?
Speaker 2: Did you rather have your quarterback throw for one point eighty no turnovers and win? What do you want your guy putting up four yards but he's three touchdowns, two interceptions. I just think winning takes precedence. Let's not be wrapped up in fantasy numbers.
Speaker 1: Winning winning.
Speaker 2: He was in the news today, by the way, whole other story dudes, So trip, make a snappy trip in Vegas.
Speaker 8: Trip, Hey, guys, real quick watching. I was disappointed that Rich is not wearing a mascot outfit today.
Speaker 2: I did this morning. I did this morning at my kid's school. Let me tell you, I'm so good at it.
Speaker 1: I oh, mascot, I thought you were wearing an ascot. My bad. I want to go.
Speaker 2: I want to do this in an NBA game and going to trampoline and slam dunk I Rich if you know, if you missed it, Rich was the mascot at his kids school today.
Speaker 1: At my kid's school assembly, and uh yeah, it was fun. Dude.
Speaker 2: Those things are hot as performance Danny. It's one hundred degrees in LA. I'll be honest, someone else may have passed out in that thing because I almost did. I'm like, so yes, probably smells like Fredo's inside. That sounds like ass.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 1: I'll post a picture at Covine on a Rich I about that trip.
Speaker 8: Hey, thank you. And then Carter can't do that. He's a leader. He's not like Big Mike. If y'all lost him, I don't know what he does are on that place. And then the final thing was that I wish you guys were in the casino last night with me. Everybody had the over forty one points at halftime and the game went under. They were all screaming six.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I bet that was That was even like the Utrico Collins Roth assessment, Like, yeah, this game was popping.
Speaker 1: Then all of a sudden, it was like the defense three points in the second half total. It was just the Eagles of one field goals at half time, wasn't it? Yeah, correct, Amunda.
Speaker 2: So hey, we got the first game in Chiefs Chargers tonight and more feedback and phone calls. Next, we got your solar power parlay rich cool and uh you know what my mother interest tonight Go Blue Jays, get at it. Wait and your yankes all right, more seeing our next