Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heart Radio Podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, we are back for part two of the wedding recap. Let's get into it. Thursday obviously was a lot of fun, and then Friday we had a what's that called again? Highland Games and afore that we rode horses. We did ride horses. I didn't see that coming.
Speaker 3: That was beautiful.
Speaker 2: I loved that while the boys shot some guns and that was that was lovely. And you know, Jolie was feeling great for that, so that was great and she enjoyed the horseback riding.
Speaker 4: And then we came ever ridden a horse? Ever?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: What no?
Speaker 2: I mean like a little pony in a circle when I was little. Probably I wasn't sure you were going to do it.
Speaker 4: I wasn't either.
Speaker 2: Well the tailb and I was like, really protecting myself, I'm like, are we galloping? Yeah?
Speaker 4: It does this look like? And I'm not experienced and so that would freak me.
Speaker 2: You know the fact how they were holding the thing, because I was like, you can let go of the like I've but they the guided part of that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I got on.
Speaker 2: I rode a horse named Jack and he had bangs and I left Jack so xact precious. But then we did the Highland Games and that was so much fun, so fun, way more professional and cool than I thought it was going to be. Like in my brain, I thought it's going to be like this, kind of like I didn't care, but I thought, oh, what's it going to be like? Right, you know, like a haystack and a bio and whatever. So professional.
Speaker 3: I liked, very untill I missed out on half of it. I know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I still don't know what it was because I was fine. The next day. It started with the horse riding. I was like, oh my gosh, like I'm allergic to something out here. Granted, millions of things are blooming. Obviously there had been so much rain and then all this stuff is blooming. So like while we're out there, I'm like, I should take some allergy medicine. I'm really feeling this. We're Highland Games. I cannot stop sneezing. So then I'm like, I got to go in. I gotta go take something else. I'd already taken like three pills.
Speaker 3: I was like.
Speaker 1: So I was like, the only thing that's going to work is a bit of drill and then I passed out on the bed and fell asleep.
Speaker 3: For it was only like thirty minutes to an hour.
Speaker 2: Luckily, because like her nicket in a fire or something.
Speaker 1: Men knows how I am when it comes to allergies, luckily, so he wasn't worried about me. But I woke up in a panic. So I was like, I missed because you know, I love that stuff. I was like, that's the rest of the games, and we won. But then I was more worried about the next day. So I was like, the wedding's outside, what if I'm literally snazing? But I felt so much better the next day, So so.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about the next day. Well, the night of.
Speaker 2: We were because people wanted to know if we spent uh, go ahead, honey, if we spent the night together or not. Alan, do you sometimes feel like you shared too much or people ask too much. I see it come over you and I wonder what you're thinking.
Speaker 5: This is quite funny because hilarious because we've come to the conclusion of the session that we would just spend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, baby together the night before is.
Speaker 3: What we were talking about.
Speaker 6: Spend spend the night together.
Speaker 4: Hilarious.
Speaker 5: Eight o'clock at night or whatever time you've gone to bed. I knew beginning you announced that I'm going to go to sleep in one of the rooms in the other part of.
Speaker 4: The castle with a bag on her shoulder already.
Speaker 3: Have I been looking for a room?
Speaker 2: Because listen, listen, let me just back this up, okay, because I thank you because I.
Speaker 6: Was so did you just click your fingers?
Speaker 4: I went snapped, like.
Speaker 2: Alan, A lot of people think you're quite perfect and we need to air some dirty laundry that you are a snorer. Thank you, I'll say it, because I was so sensitive to sleep and the baby's coming in coughing in the in the middle of the night, waking us up, or our baby baby crying, and then also with you snoring, I wake up not only with the anxiety, but I will wake up to that. So I needed an opportunity to have zero noise, zero interruptions, zero snoring.
Speaker 3: Did that work for you, guys?
Speaker 4: It was the cutest things.
Speaker 2: She's like, you know, Janna' is like so itty bitty anyways, and she's got this little bag over her shoulder, and she's got her big Stanley cup and she's like, I found a room I'm going to go get into good night's rest somewhere else. And I was like, well, this is exciting. Alan didn't believe it was gonna work.
Speaker 5: So I went up to just make sure the room was okay, I think, because I wanted to look at the room, because I thought, okay, I'll.
Speaker 6: Think, will she sleeping here on that? So seen the room that thorty.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's a nice enough room, it's dark enough, it's in a quiet enough part of the castle. But there was no part of me thought you were going to stay in that room for the whole night. So you went to bed there.
Speaker 4: I went to bed at ten, I went to bed.
Speaker 5: Of the time, I can remember I hear you come in the fact that you text me then because my brother came in the room. Oh did Yeah, my brother came in and I sat with my brother. But this was a little one thirty in the morning. So I sat and had a chat with my brother like one thirty one two maybe it was one till two. He left it too, And then they got a text message from you.
Speaker 4: Saying I can't sleep.
Speaker 6: I can't sleep right, okay.
Speaker 5: Well my response was okay, well I'm here if you need me, you need to come down if you need me to come up. So I went to bed, and then it's the clock. The door opens, comes in with a little bag.
Speaker 3: And back figure. And then these things are sold separate in the morning you can go shout and get it tomorrow.
Speaker 4: No wherever she goes, she's coming with her supplies. Imagine that when we're telling the story.
Speaker 3: Well the water, I hear put the bag.
Speaker 5: Sneaks in, put some mask on, puts out of your plugs, and goes to sleep. Must be an hour later that your plugs are off, the masks off. She walks out of the bag and jug.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you took it every time? What is in this bag that you're doing between sleeping?
Speaker 6: She goes back to the room.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, I've sheen her leave the room. Yeah, so I must have just fallen asleep. I don't think I text you at that point. And then six in the morning, five in the morning comes.
Speaker 4: Back in again, bag, bag and a jug.
Speaker 5: It's probably a one hundred yard walk to whatever room.
Speaker 4: This is a distance and up and down like a white.
Speaker 3: Stairwell like my it's not just like right next door.
Speaker 2: Amazing after the strip like the up and downstairs, and the walking comes.
Speaker 5: In at five, leaves again and then comes back in and then you say, ethel.
Speaker 6: When I got up, so a busy.
Speaker 2: Night for our little bride to be, I just couldn't sleep. And every time I was like, it was it was, it was awful, and then I cried and then I got like, so I got three hours before wedding day sleep.
Speaker 6: My snoring is not the issue. Your plugs is just.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 3: But what's the excuse when you're in the other.
Speaker 1: Room does anxiety again?
Speaker 2: I'm not, like, you know, comfortable. I love being next to him. It's the thing like when he leaves, I love being next to him. I just don't like the noise sometimes comes out of fun. But I have a story from the night before the wedding, okay, from of Alan and the wedding planner. Go bounty paper towel. Alan a bounty paper towel. So I come in. This matters because it also is with the logistics of actual wedding day.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: So we have this sweet little England woman, this English woman who is the wedding planner at the castle. She's lovely and takes care of everything.
Speaker 3: So the night before.
Speaker 2: She's running everything, everything in this tiny, little one hundred pound person, like she handled all of it. But she's a little dismissive. So she referred to me. I started to see that. I teared up a little bit, like up going up on the ticker for her when she realized I was a bridesmaid unless of a guest. That there was only two maids of honor matrons of honor, and I was one of them. So then it started to be a little bit more polite. She loved Preston, so they had this big moment. They were always, you know, like they just led a real bond with each other.
Speaker 4: She loves you.
Speaker 3: So correct, So I'm just gonna go with men versus women.
Speaker 4: It's fine.
Speaker 2: And I honestly I was like, it's fine, and I like culturally like I can deal with an. I just she just caught me on a moment that day where I was like, okay, I'm gonna need a second Okay, so she starts referring to me as bridesmaid. Oh, by the second end of second day, it's now bridesmaid, come here, bridesmaid.
Speaker 4: I have a question.
Speaker 3: No, we're never like, why did I hear that?
Speaker 2: So I go to get Sarah Boyd, who is a lovely human and works with you, and I actually really enjoyed her company.
Speaker 4: She's really fun.
Speaker 2: She needed a tea the night before the wedding, so I step into the kitchen to ask for a tea cup, also honoring that the kitchen is like the sacred space for the staff, and I can tell there's a little working table and there it's quite big.
Speaker 4: It's awesome.
Speaker 2: So I walk in to get a tea cup and I see Alan sitting at the round table with this one hundred pound general and she has a bounty paper towel and she goes, bridesmaid, bridesmaid, come here, come here, come here, and I'm like, oh, boy, okay. So We're sitting there and I can see on Alan's face like I feel and in background, I did do weddings. I do love events, and I madly, deeply love organization. So I'm like, we have a scene chart on a paper towel at this point, and that feels a little unsettling, but I'm here for it. Whatever we got to use. And Alan's like, well, what do you think, Kristen? And we're mapping out where parents are going to sit at your ceremony, okay, And I, because I'm asked, give my two cents. I didn't come in with a plan, just coming for a teacup bribe me, brides me, what do you think? No, And so I give my two cents, and I say, I like a plan, and I think a plan really matters. Alan concurs by saying a sentence I will always make Allen's tagline no room for air correct Alan, and I soulmates, let's do this. So he says no room for air, and I say, I agree, Russell, And so she then takes my idea and says, well, I don't like it.
Speaker 4: I don't like it. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: She's she's cradling the most massive glass of some sort of white wine so out in the window.
Speaker 4: She doesn't care.
Speaker 2: She's like, I don't actually, I'm like, did you just do this so that you could dismiss me?
Speaker 4: Like? Is this a mean girl?
Speaker 2: Woman? I couldn't figure it out, And I was like, okay, will you let me know and I'll help you in the morning. Like, and I just kind of couldn't figure out where I fit with her. So I leave the Bounty Paper towel, which was our official seating chart for the wedding. For the ceremony, So I'm going to fast forward for just a second, and i won't take any parts of your ceremony piece away.
Speaker 3: But once I'm.
Speaker 2: Up the aisle and I adjusted the veil and I am ready to take my seat, I looked to the front row, which is supposed to be where I'm sitting, and Sarah Boyd is in a black dress in the front row with a whole wedding party, and I'm the only one in the second row with Sarah Boy's husband.
Speaker 4: Sarah. What Kyle says to me, I think you're supposed to be up there. You should switch with Sarah, And I said, no one talked, just watch the wedding.
Speaker 2: Because I'm like, it's fine, I'll go. But I'm talked now inside the second row, so I didn't even know that I'm good well behind you. You couldn't know before we went up. Look up and I go, okay, first of all, before we went up, we have a couple of.
Speaker 3: Stories to finish this.
Speaker 1: When I look up and I go, I don't think Sarah's supposed to be there. She wasn't even with her husband.
Speaker 2: I was like, wow, this is a really ballsy move by Sarah, Like she doesn't care.
Speaker 3: Sarah just sat there.
Speaker 2: And by the way, the wedding party, like we're in these like blue dresses. Everyone else is blue. Like it's very obviously so Sarah black. And I saw her in the second row.
Speaker 3: Oh well, well we did switch, which.
Speaker 4: I just didn't. But her name was the general did this.
Speaker 3: The General doesn't know.
Speaker 2: I think they got their names. The General doesn't know if I'm Sarah. So Sarah's name was actually on that chair. She sat where she was supposed to say. It was not her fault, but she kept looking at me like she was like, I think I'm so student back there and I didn't know this, and I go and Kyle's like, I really think that's her husband. He's like, I really think you should be in the front room. And I said, I really kindly don't care. And I kept saying to the General the night before, I said, truthfully, you could put Cat and I in a second row with this. Yeah, are not the girls that are like, but that's our spot, like we are the easiest, like put us wherever, prioritize the parents and the kids and We'll just go wherever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you ended up So I ended switching.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because then I thought, oh, like, this is going to look weird and.
Speaker 3: Photos well, and Sarah I probably wanted to sit by her husband.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: Also, Sarah felt very awkward when she kept training me. I just didn't want to make a scene where we're like switching and you guys are exchanging these like meaningful vows and I'm like, but then I also didn't want the pictures to come back and I'm sitting this second looks weird and people love it.
Speaker 6: So did you change it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? They did move. Yeah, when it made a little break.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was like, I feel better back there, and I was like, yeah, this is where, and she goes my name was on the chair, and I said, yeah, the general doesn't care what my name is.
Speaker 4: She knew who Preston was.
Speaker 2: By the way, our husbands not set anywhere near us, she said, our husband's over on opposite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't expect to be there. Then I don't care.
Speaker 2: So then Roman is sitting set the sweetest man behind us with.
Speaker 3: A babysitter, Which can I pause that for a second.
Speaker 1: Remember on one of our last episodes when I said, who's going to be holding the baby? And some people you too, made fun of me and said, oh, like he's going to be sitting with.
Speaker 2: The boy was a family member. I mean, I thought, surely, okay. So then Roman is sitting at the babysitter in the second row. Great, Well, he starts to you know, he's not fussy, but he's like he's talking. He's a baby, he's eight months and he's like, he's a change of scenery, you could tell. And the sweet little babysitter is just like in all that she's at this wedding and she's like yeah. So we ended up being like, we need some help, you know. So after that Thursday were like we had someone at the uh, the general knew someone that could help, and she was General always knows.
Speaker 6: Everybody an advance months in advance, right.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's what we're saying when you were out. How funny it was because we talked about this a couple episodes ago.
Speaker 3: I was like, who's going to be holding Roman?
Speaker 1: And you're like, well, not y'all, or one of y'all was like, not the babysitter, And then I turn around, I was like, the babysitters hold and grow.
Speaker 4: I know, I was like, why it wasn't like a grandparent holding the baby.
Speaker 2: Well, that wasn't on the bounty paper towel, and so that's why I didn't get executed.
Speaker 4: No room for air.
Speaker 3: So so Roman.
Speaker 2: Starts to make a little noise, and this really lovely uncle takes the baby to the back row. But mind you, this is a very intimate setting. So there's only three rows of chairs, so the back row is only but like four feet from the writing, right, okay, like we're not taking like back row like all the way exiting the grounds or something. And this sweet man finds way. He is living for this moment with Roman, and so much so that I think he forgot he was a tending a wedding, and all of a sudden, I'm here.
Speaker 3: Should we should sweet during the wedding year.
Speaker 2: The wedding, And I'm like, and we're all starting to go like, okay, well that is cute, and he's like, he's the most jolly.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 4: The most jolly moment like living.
Speaker 3: And then we all.
Speaker 2: Start to feel that like I didn't hear it good, it was perfect. Sarah and Kat and I start to look at each other like oh key, Dopey, I mean, Roman loved it.
Speaker 3: I mean it was I mean I thought it was.
Speaker 1: Sweet because it was so intimate that it wasn't so like a serious of a wedding, which was kind of nice.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: So I think that, you know, that's probably we could put on.
Speaker 4: Disney World for just a second.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 4: Well I couldn't feel your like, yeah, it was coming over me.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, Dopey, alrighty just want to take the magic carpet. So let's just start really fast. The morning of the wedding. Let's go back a little bit. Morning of the wedding, we go for a jog, which was lovely and beautiful.
Speaker 4: Caught you on tape. You were the papaazzi. You look like a little royal couple jogging.
Speaker 2: It was so cute, it was beautiful. It was it was it was we stopped on the swing? Why did we stop on the swing?
Speaker 6: Listen to you? An amazing little song.
Speaker 4: I wrote him a song and he got to hear it for the first time. Good morning.
Speaker 2: It's only for him and whoever wants, whoever wants to buy it in a couple of months for him years to kens temporarily yours. It was written for you and only for you, and then if people would like to purchase it.
Speaker 4: They can in a couple of months. But did you like it?
Speaker 5: It was incredible, Like you nailed it. It was so romantic and kin, yeah, it was. I brought a teeth to my.
Speaker 4: So only sheds one time.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna ask that one because so after that, we got ready and we separated. At that point pretty much, you're like, all right, we're gonna shower. We've kind of divided and conquered. We had had a talk with the grandparents the night before. I'd be like, all right, and we need you know, bring like I need help with you know, Jolie here, Jase there, Roman and I feel like everyone really they were very helpful.
Speaker 4: It's so incredibly helpful.
Speaker 2: And you guys started to get ready.
Speaker 4: Your hair and makeup team was quite literally my favorite.
Speaker 2: They I'm obsessed with them, like they're just wonderful people. Because I was starting to feel a little nervous and you just don't know right like I didn't I saw their stuff online, but you just never know how it's going to translate. You guys looked beautiful. I was up with my hair and makeup like.
Speaker 3: They did a great job.
Speaker 4: I love that not over like.
Speaker 2: I felt like all of us just looked very beautiful and no one was overdone. It's hard for me when the makeup gets so like glam glam that it's cakey and crazy. And they just did a beautiful job. Yeah, they did incredible. They were also really fun. They were so fun and they also want to take on American girls.
Speaker 3: That is just awesome.
Speaker 4: They were like, you guys are just so much like.
Speaker 3: We love it.
Speaker 2: And I like, by the minute she came in and I was like, your skin is radiant. Tell me everything, and she was like and so then later in the conversation they started telling like their take on American girls because I was asking them and she was like, you kind.
Speaker 4: Of already did it like you do.
Speaker 2: You're lovey and you're huggy, and we're kind of like, eh, you know, like they're a little standoffish.
Speaker 4: It's so great. Yeah, but they were.
Speaker 2: They were so sweet, and I think I was definitely more emotional. I was a more emotional, like leading up to the wedding, you know, just like you guys, the sweet you know, note and the present and I actually got a very sweet text message from my ax, which was a beautiful like I didn't know how I'd feel about that. I looked at it, I was like, oh, I just saw his name on there, and then I clicked on it and it was actually like a really beautiful message, and so that was the kind of it just was everything was like, wow, it's kind of all did he mention he was gonna be your boat captain?
Speaker 4: And okay? Left that oup got it?
Speaker 2: No, But it was just like again, it was another moment I said, I was just I said this earlier in the podcast where I was like I was just so thankful and that during this time is like that was a moment too where I was just like I'm just so thankful, like that we're able to even have like a moment of just thankfulness of where I'm at now and with this beautiful man and you know, he said some beautiful things about Alan and you know, just it was it was really lovely. So that was really sweet. And then the energy was so peaceful and just easy. I felt like like Kat and I got like we were like we have a timeline, like we were forgetting it was I don't know, it was just like so cozy that we were like, we're good right, It was like good, yeah, it was great. And then we get on the We get in the car to go to the horse and carriage ride and I give Jase's pillow and I said, all right, buddy, how'd you get the pillow?
Speaker 3: Actually, that's not how that happened, y'all get it.
Speaker 2: We get in the car and I was like, we need his pillow and she's like, well, where's the pillow?
Speaker 3: And I don't know. Yeah, different ways.
Speaker 4: We don't have a wedding planner. This was all the route. Where was the general?
Speaker 3: We couldn't find the general. No, wait, her general was in the car with.
Speaker 4: Her, yeah, waiting. So no one knew where the rings were.
Speaker 2: So it this is why we were a little late getting in the carriage, is because no one knew where the rings were.
Speaker 4: Simon's like, yeah, the pillow, but.
Speaker 3: He was like, I got them.
Speaker 1: R We got the rings from Simon, but then we had a track down the pillow, so then we do run those back to y'all.
Speaker 2: However, however, so we get so we get the pillow, right, and so I said, all right, Jay's buddy, we're in the car. So all he needs to do is just hold on to the pillow from the car into the carriage, and so you know, I was like, don't let go of this pillow. And I was like, can you good with that, buddy? He's like, yeah, this car ride is about one hundred feet yeah. No, it was like a little we had to wait to go around. It was about like a four minute car ride to go like around, but still not like an hour where he's like no yeah. So I'm then sitting in We get out of the car and we get into the horse and carriage and I looked to Jason and I was like, where's.
Speaker 4: Your pillow, buddy.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh, I forgot it in the car. And at this point, the General had already gone back to the house because she's gonna handle the ceremony at the house, right, But also in that moment, I'm like, I don't have my bouquet.
Speaker 4: Where is my bokeut?
Speaker 2: I don't even have flowers, Like shouldn't I be walking down the aisle with flowers? So as I'm taking this beautiful carriage ride, I'm like trying to reflect but also mouthing to my hair girl, Pam, I don't have the ring bear like pillow and no flowers, and she was like trying to under the hair, so she didn't know Catherine and I, oh boy. So then I'm like, well, screw it. I guess we're just not gonna have a pill and I won't have flowers. It's fine. I need to like take in the last few minutes of this horse and carriage ride. So I'm like, all right, just it's out out of my mind. It's it's all good. And then once we get back to the end where I was supposed to start walking, I did say to the girl that was helping, I said, Hi, we don't have flowers or Jase forgot the ring bear like thing, and she's like one second and she sprints. So Catherine and I are frantically. After we've delivered the pillow and we've delivered the rings to the vehicle that's then taken you to the horse and carriage, Catherine and I are going, has anyone seen our flowers?
Speaker 4: We had?
Speaker 2: We asked any available a human being with a pulse between.
Speaker 3: Do we have flowers?
Speaker 6: Flowers?
Speaker 4: Were like maybe there is no flowers, and that's okay.
Speaker 2: My flower budget was one thousand dollars that's all. Then we've spent on the flowers. So maybe we don't and we didn't care, but we were certainly not going to be out of the look at us like we are not going to be the ones that don't come with our best foot forward.
Speaker 4: The Maids of Honor are the only frital party.
Speaker 2: So we're like frantically asking everyone and no one has it. So finally Catherine and I just look at each other and make a business plan that we are going to.
Speaker 3: Go to the altar.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go, You're gonna go pick up some more and that's the way it's supposed to be.
Speaker 4: Confidence.
Speaker 3: We did. We went out there with confidence.
Speaker 2: We did, and we waited and then this itty bitty assistant General comes to the bottom of the steps.
Speaker 3: Where we're used to know.
Speaker 1: She's been standing next to us for a good five to ten minutes. We've been standing the time, maybe not five, it felt like forever. We've been standing there for a while.
Speaker 2: And she says, she looks over, where are your flowers? And we say, fun questions.
Speaker 3: We've asked, so we do flowers. So now she is looking what what do you think? What do you think?
Speaker 2: Like the stairs to the ceremonies. God is like, like thirty forty yards, let's say forty yards.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: She is now mouthing probably why your girl? While you're mouthing to I mean, this is all probably can I get an ear piece?
Speaker 2: For the love of Jesus above us? So I say, how do we get She's like.
Speaker 3: So she's waving big arms, waving down to.
Speaker 2: Her associate, not the general, another assistant general who is just living in the moment, and I'm like, I'm like, hey, hey, hey, and we're like trying to.
Speaker 3: Make bird calls.
Speaker 4: We're like and not make a scene. So the guests are turning around and.
Speaker 3: She's like, flower and you have.
Speaker 4: Ye clueless Cyles said, the altar is just sweet, and she was like what you need? What a tissue? And we're like, flowers we need and everyone's starting to look and we're like everything is great.
Speaker 3: She goes I'm like, wait does Jana flow?
Speaker 2: And she goes, well, I gave them to Jana and I go, yeah, gave the flowers to the bride and expected her to remember.
Speaker 3: Are like what?
Speaker 2: So she finally yells to the woman at the altar run. So she's sprinting into the house and cat, and they are just standing in smiling. Everyone's looking at us, and the girl's now gone back into her smiling, talking through her teeth motor.
Speaker 4: She's like, she's gonna get them.
Speaker 3: She'll be quick. She's quick, I know she And we were like, does Janna have hers?
Speaker 2: And she goes, I don't know, And I was like, I said, well, she's a bride and that's important. Can we pause her? Is there a way do you believe in any technology to communicate? We were gonna ye under a pingeon a pigeon, like, how do I get a word to the bride? I mean we probably received those flowers.
Speaker 1: You're already halfway down like you are, you're about to make the turn. I'm shocked you did not see us being handed are flowers before you walked down.
Speaker 2: I didn't, but I also didn't know. I kept going when do I walk? Do I walk? Now?
Speaker 3: I don't think none of us knew all dial important note.
Speaker 2: All the while, the bagpiper has been piping Keith for he had been piping this poor man has piped his way through a carriage ride through an emergency ring bears.
Speaker 3: We've got the flower she's.
Speaker 4: Walking for where's your bouquets? I don't know, we don't have run and.
Speaker 2: Janna's taking her walk and I'm like, this guy's gonna run out of breath.
Speaker 4: Do we have flowers?
Speaker 1: And then finally we just decided for you were like, okay, just start walking and we just kind of you were almost there and I was like, I don't think we're supposed to be here when she gets down here.
Speaker 3: We didn't know and we ended up.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: The thing because I'm like, that's the one thing we didn't figure out in the reversal the day before, is when do we.
Speaker 4: Actually saw it? In the rehearsal, Catherine's like, are you okay?
Speaker 2: And I'm like I'm not, well, I need a plan, and everyone's like we'll figure it out tomorrow. There was a lot of that we'll figure it out tomorrow. So that's the piece where yeah, I was like, because I just didn't know when to walk and I saw you guys still there, I'm like, well, that's cool. Then they can just help with the I just we were like, oh, skirt thing, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just made it up as bad. Oh, and then I tripped over Kristen. I was trying to help with the dress and I stripped.
Speaker 4: I think I got a okay to that, but that was all behind you.
Speaker 3: No one knew it was just and we kept rocking.
Speaker 5: You know this, No, we were completely oblivious. Thank god, Scott was doing a really good job of blocking me from being able to see you.
Speaker 1: We panicked on that too, because we thought the carriage was a closed carriage.
Speaker 3: When we started doing that, like, oh my god, you can see her.
Speaker 5: Then I was talking to my best man and I was trying to look at Troy and Lea'll make sure they were okay, and look at Roman. So I was completely oblivious to oh that's.
Speaker 6: Crazy, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: It just made it like such a great story though, you know.
Speaker 2: And then when we finally when I walked down to you, did you shed your one single tear? Is what people wanted to know. We looked closely, we examined the specimen waiting for THEE said you didn't. It was in the eye, for sure. I did see it in the eye.
Speaker 6: It never dropped.
Speaker 3: It didn't drop the drop, but didn't he drop the one tier earlier? Though? With the song.
Speaker 6: I dropped the tear with the song and then just one.
Speaker 4: And then during during the vows. You got choked, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I did, because it can neither be one tier.
Speaker 5: It's just a stream. So I was trying to kind of protect the Yeah, when you were walking down, I could feel emotion, emotion and starting to okay, my body wants to cry here, but I kept it together like.
Speaker 4: A true scotsman. We don't do that.
Speaker 2: And the vows were we read our vows from our vowel book and that was your vows were beautiful man, as we use and.
Speaker 6: I started to again get emotional during the vows.
Speaker 2: I also felt like they were very even. We were worried about oh yeah before and I also felt like they were very heartfelt. And I love the vowe book. I had never seen that before. Yeah, so you don't have to worry about paper.
Speaker 4: No, you both had.
Speaker 2: There was a book they both wrote their bows in and the guests were able to sign after and so they have this like keepsake and a moment. Yeah, and then after that, I mean, it was it was truly the most perfect day everything, I mean from we had the most stunning sunset, we had a rainbow, I mean, fireworks, the fireworks, I mean the dancing, It was fireworks.
Speaker 3: Geez beautiful, amazing.
Speaker 2: I mean it was just I mean, to me, it was the it was the most incredible moment, incredible day.
Speaker 6: The frustration of me trying to dance an.
Speaker 3: Achille, Oh my god, that.
Speaker 5: Was It was collage, pure and utter collage, fun, fun, fun.
Speaker 1: I mean, I still have a bruise on my foot because I took my shoes at Arnie. We got helicoptered around and then your uncle was dancing with me and I couldn't keep up with him.
Speaker 2: Like it was so your aunt has to be one of the most fun aggressive people I've ever met. You're coming with me and all of a sudden, I'm just being whipped around, and I'm like, this is I was laughing so hard.
Speaker 4: I still like it makes me smile. It was so fun. What was your favorite memory of the wedding day.
Speaker 5: I can't there's not one. Obviously, the most emotional was you walking towards, which is if it's the most emotional, then from a positive point of view, it was that was my favorite moment. That's what everything had been planned around, and everything that'd be done for months and months and months, schedule and everything for that moment for you walking towards me now and it was perfect, absolutely perfect. So there wasn't apart from that moment, which is it's not a cliche moment as the most important moment as you walk towards me. But I loved reading the vous to you because we tell each other we love each other, and we see nice things to each other and to support each other. But to actually get to read the words that had written for you and you had written for me was a.
Speaker 6: Really really special moment. Really special.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So probably you walking towards me and then those.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say.
Speaker 2: Definitely the ceremony piece, because I've just I feel like I've just dreamt of that day leading up to it, and but what I loved was seeing how this is what I wanted this day to be like for everybody's It is because we all came together on that Thursday, by wedding day, everyone was friends and family and community and like that. It was where when I was kind of reflecting on it, that to me was the most beautiful piece was because we were all I thought had it having the best time together as a whole, and everybody enjoyed everything. You know, there were so many beautiful moments I think, you know, I think our parents had a great time. Our friends had fun, and to me, when people have fun, that makes me happy. And knowing that people had a great time made me happy, and then just having I mean like truly yes. So we talked about some things that went wrong and the kids were sick. It was the most magical week ever end day and to your credit, Wrestles, it was so intentionally done. Like I don't think kat, I don't know what you I had not really much expectation coming in at all, to us moving in together.
Speaker 4: It was so intentional. All of it was intentional.
Speaker 2: It was never We felt loved on and nourished and they were feeding us a lot of meat.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of meat in Scotland. Well, and I'll just say too with the general Allan was like are you okay?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I don't know. I think I did disneed a cucumber? Is there one? Well, and I'll just say this before because you're like a lot of things. I have eyes and a heartbeat.
Speaker 3: I can't do.
Speaker 2: You were like you okay, BF, and I was like yeah, yeah, because I never I'm never the girl that's like. I felt terrible though, because I was like oh, I forgot no, but you were. It was by the second day.
Speaker 4: You were like, can we get a little extra salad over? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But I just do want to say too, like the general and you know, because she was she was lovely and she really was like though maybe personalities were not synced up, like the staff and who she has in there, and like how she just managed everything. I do, like, I'm very thankful for incredible just how they all were because they were like the staff was lovely.
Speaker 4: They also live.
Speaker 2: There and then they turned their home over this estate and imagine that how that would be. But they loved us so well. I mean, there was never a time we were lacking anything. It was like I'd be like, oh, I think I'm gonna have something you want cama meal tea Like she was amazing.
Speaker 1: We were just treated so well, Like when do we ever get weighted on like that?
Speaker 3: When do we ever I mean get to.
Speaker 1: Meet everyone for breakfast and lunch and like it was amazing.
Speaker 2: They anticipated we might need a snack in five minutes and it was already there.
Speaker 1: Tea time every afternoon, like I need that hang. I'm a huge fan of tea time in the afternoon. Like we need that you just did.
Speaker 2: Such an intentional job of the people, Like I felt homesick for Allan's parents, Like it makes me emotional. It was so neat to bond with these people. And then I got sad that like they live across the ocean, like Scott and and everyone was just so lovely that I was like, this is crazy. Like I wrote to Sarah Boyd on Instagram and I was like, hey, just checking in on you, you know, like it's it was so beautiful.
Speaker 1: When we were leaving, we were like, there was a couple of us still there leaving a little bit later, and it was like, wait, we have to have a family reunion, Like we have to all get back together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we over bacon rolls. O bacon roll I don't, but I was a man.
Speaker 1: So I guess General's boyfriend husband who also lives there, who was amazing.
Speaker 3: I loved him. That morning, he was like, oh, before you leave, do you want a bacon roll? And I was like, absolutely, I'll take a bacon roll. He brought me a huge bacon roll for the I mean.
Speaker 1: It's just I know their personalities. I'm just gonna say so, I know their personalities are a little but like also so warm at the same time credible, you know what I mean. It's like hard to explain, Like I know the General was a little rough, but also it's just I don't know, but still so I felt so so much.
Speaker 3: Warmth from everyone, Like that's what everyone was amazing.
Speaker 2: I felt like it was like the New York of UK, Like I didn't take offense to it. Yeah, they're assertive communicators and when they love you, they will love you hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I felt like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, even even though she'll never know my name, this bride'smaid really loves the General.
Speaker 4: And we hugged at the end, and she sent.
Speaker 2: Us a lovely text message and it was like great, yeah, you just the planning that went into it was not lost on any of us.
Speaker 4: It was beautiful. Great.
Speaker 1: What was my favorite part? Honestly for me, it was just being with everyone the whole time. I couldn't pick out, Like I loved going to Edinburgh and that was fun, and I loved being a glass you know, London was a lot of fun for Nick and I, but like for me, actually it's crazy to say because I like my space, but we were in this big house, but we had space if I needed to like go to my room for a minute or whatever.
Speaker 3: But we were just all.
Speaker 1: Together and everyone was just so lovely. So I just loved being with everyone the whole time.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 3: It's very unique and very cool that you all did it.
Speaker 2: Like on wedding days, everyone's like dote they don't know people. I don't want that, like I want everyone to be like.
Speaker 1: If I'm being honest, I don't like weddings usually, I truly don't, because you walk in, it's usually you know nobody. They rarely know anyone. If you're not in the wedding, Yeah, it's uncomfortable and you sit there. But we knew everyone when we were sitting, so it didn't even feel like we were just all kind of hanging out.
Speaker 3: It's like, all right, let's sit down. Like it was just it was great. I loved it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the best experience for sure for a wedding. What about you KB just the laughs. I don't think that I've ever like not known a schedule.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 2: It was such a weird feeling for me because I'm always so like like I gotta do this, I gotta do that, And it was like, oh, like I don't know. I just laughed and had fun and it was like, what are we doing next? Like it just was so great. I truly way more relaxing and than I thought it was gonna be. Hm, like we had things to do, but it was just like Preston was like you okay, and I'm like, I'm like living my best life, like I'm throwing hay barrels over a high bar like I don't know, I'm I don't even know.
Speaker 4: I just was like, not afraid to try things.
Speaker 2: Let's go do it. Rode a horse with things fun. You wear sunscreen too? That just matters to me. The horse wear sunscreen, precious Jack.
Speaker 3: But you guys just really.
Speaker 6: Succeeded achieved everything.
Speaker 4: I missed your family.
Speaker 2: I love you guys, like it was so in your friends, so fun, funny, great people. Uh, Catherine, you're gonna hate this, Okay. So I want to change my name.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean I need you would, even though you promised me. But it's fine, but.
Speaker 4: No, I want to change it professionally too. Huh. Part three of the podcast What Okay?
Speaker 3: We'll talk about this later.
Speaker 4: Off, You guys need a spare paper towel to roll this project.
Speaker 2: Out there.
Speaker 3: I was not expecting me not to come out of your mouth right.
Speaker 2: Now, I'd like to hyphen professionally, it's not field change.
Speaker 4: Catherine's like, you don't.
Speaker 2: Know what even involves a hyphen and the the things that that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean, really it professionally, it doesn't involve anything.
Speaker 3: You just do it. I have to.
Speaker 1: I mean my bag name, Well yeah, I mean you're gonna your business manager is going to be a lot more angry than I'm going to be because these going to change all of that.
Speaker 3: What are you on Instagram? All the business?
Speaker 2: Well, I can't change to Russell girl, we cannot still cream the tag then still chreme gral, but that you just change it on it.
Speaker 4: I don't let me. I've already tried.
Speaker 3: Oh god bless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well so that's I've just never done it before.
Speaker 4: But I want to.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, we'll just go through this logistically later.
Speaker 2: Got any last memories or last stories?
Speaker 5: One morning getting dressed was completely different from yo, guys, because we had to be out of our room to let you in, and then I had to get jas ready to shotted, and then trying to put a colt on a thirty pound meat ball.
Speaker 4: How he dress a beach ball.
Speaker 5: Fifteen minutes before the ceremony started. I literally had to get I should have had another shower. I was so I was sweating so much trying to get a colt and get your shot on him.
Speaker 6: You shot, sure, sure.
Speaker 5: I like the little the little baby sitting that nanny was mean. She's so yeah, she was so.
Speaker 1: Nice, happy to be Yeah, she was great, and she's trying to hold them up.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to get a super arms.
Speaker 5: On him and then get his jacket on him, and his jackets up here on his waist. Let's just lose the way. And then she was trying to get his shoes on. So that was hilarious. And those pictures that I think you posted one a few days ago of Roman and the kilt, but he's Leslie sitting there with his arm on the sofa like he's totally chilled out. Well that was ninety seconds before everyone sweating trying to get he's killed.
Speaker 2: On his picture of y'all with the kids that you posted, he served a look. It was the most you could tell he was in half his homeland. It was such a just stern amazing. Yeah, well done, Russells well.
Speaker 3: We're married.
Speaker 4: Stuck with me now, that's why I'm ig yay sweet. All right, Well, love you guys and.
Speaker 2: Maybe we can do another reunion vow renewal in ten years in Scotland.
Speaker 4: You have the same to everyone.
Speaker 2: He's so great. I'll bring carrots, all right, see you next week. Back to your regularly scheduled program.
Speaker 3: Bye hyphen Russell. Bye,