Speaker 1: Hey, it's your brand new second Date update.
Speaker 2: And Brock and Jeffrey because yeah, one of our listeners brought a surprise guest, we'll say on the date, and who he brought is a little shocking.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna hear it. You're gonna hear it coming up.
Speaker 3: I know people are gonna have some strong reactions to this one, but yeah, let's go over some comments. Alexis, Yeah, Turkey said, my only problem is Brook and Alexis sound the same.
Speaker 4: Really, Yeah, so that's okay.
Speaker 1: This is Alexis, this is bro.
Speaker 3: Your company's moving, Nobody can see her, see her.
Speaker 5: I can help, this is you tell The difference is Brooke is the.
Speaker 6: One who snorts when she laughs. Alexis just has like a honk like an when she laughs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you goat.
Speaker 1: I've never been told that in my life.
Speaker 4: All Right, we'll keep you guessing.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll keep you guys in your brand new second Date start right now.
Speaker 5: Right now, Second Date Updated. We get a lot of people on this segment who tell us I've heard you do these before. I never thought I'd actually be calling in for a second Date update myself.
Speaker 1: It probably does feel like some sort of out of body experience.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they'll admit. They'll say like, I'm a huge fan and I've heard all the previous calls, and Jeff are even more handsome than you sound on the radio.
Speaker 1: We don't get that comment.
Speaker 5: Get a lot of that stuff, but not today. Today's caller was very honest in his email, admitting he's not a fan, in fact, never really listened to our show before. Other people in his social circle, though, encouraged him to reach out for help with his dating life, so he thought he'd give it a try. Okay, his name is Chris. Chris. I don't know if you realize what you're getting yourself off into.
Speaker 3: Here, man, But I was just thinking, Jeff his friends must be idiots, yeah, or setting them up as a big inside joke.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you have idiot friends, Chris?
Speaker 7: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Okay, don't listen to the show.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's fun. Since you haven't heard how we do these, we'll just start off by asking what's the name of the lucky lady that you're wanting us to call today? Bella? Okay beautiful, Yeah, Italian beautiful. So how did you meet Bella online?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 5: Set?
Speaker 3: Are you interested in Bella's like right now, and maybe it's just because you're nervous, like you've never heard the show.
Speaker 1: Emotions are real low.
Speaker 7: Oh no, she's she's really nice and pretty.
Speaker 5: Hey, yeah, Brooks. Sometimes guys are more of like internal joy feelers rather than like showing all of their emotions on the outside and crying at every opportunity like some of us do.
Speaker 4: So it's why I asked the question.
Speaker 5: That's good to ask. So tell us what did you and Bella do for a date?
Speaker 7: Well, we went to this Mexican restaurant.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay?
Speaker 3: And what was the moment like when you first sorry each other in person?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: Hold on, nothing, okay, hold on? What do we air this part?
Speaker 1: Are you there, Chris?
Speaker 5: It was very sweet. It was very sweet.
Speaker 1: Are we interrupting something right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: No, you have my full attention.
Speaker 5: You did ask us to just wait for a second while you did something. Let's keep going. Tell us about how dinner went.
Speaker 1: At the Mexican parks, like the connection or if that's.
Speaker 5: What you did, Like, we just want to learn more about your date.
Speaker 7: Man, what do you mean that's what I did?
Speaker 5: Did you?
Speaker 3: We just pretend like you're talking to your friends and they're wanting to recap of your night, right, Yeah, what did you tell him over the highlights?
Speaker 5: Tacos?
Speaker 7: We kissed, We went on a walk like I had a cheese kissed dia.
Speaker 5: No, okay, did you order for the kids?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: It was it was a full sized one.
Speaker 5: Okay, good, it's nice. What did you two talk about?
Speaker 7: We talked about you know, like pop culture and like news and like our interests and.
Speaker 1: Her interest Okay, so you're big into pop culture.
Speaker 5: No, but the topic did come up and I had to suffer through that for a little bit. So did you feel like it was a natural flow of convo? Hold on again, I don't think so. Okay, Chris, who are you talking?
Speaker 8: It was pretty good?
Speaker 5: Sorry? Man, who are you talking to in between the Oh?
Speaker 7: My mom's here with me?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Hi mom? Why why are you talking to your mom in the middle of this?
Speaker 7: Oh? She is a big fan of the showy Yeah, she sent the email for me.
Speaker 1: Oh oh okay, she did it for you.
Speaker 5: What a nice Kay?
Speaker 4: I like, mom does my stuff for me too.
Speaker 5: That's good my appointment. Okay, I'm not forgotten what we were asking. Well, can we get to like how it ended?
Speaker 1: Was?
Speaker 5: There any romance like a cancer, a hug, just any any big moment that stood out to you. There you go.
Speaker 7: Yeah, when I went to the bathroom and came back, they were chatting it.
Speaker 8: Out like crazy.
Speaker 7: They really they really hit it off to Wait.
Speaker 3: Who's they Chris and my mom?
Speaker 7: Yeah, my mom was on the day with list.
Speaker 3: Oh did you tell Bella before you showed up to the restaurant that your mom was coming along? Oh, Chris, problem, So, Chris, this is absolutely the reason that Bella isn't calling you back? Think so, yes, yes, No one wants to date somebody's mom.
Speaker 5: Chris. What's the reason that you brought your mom along with you on the date?
Speaker 7: To keep me safe from any bad women women anife on you?
Speaker 5: Mom's right there, that's true. I don't want to be taken advantage of either on a day by woman.
Speaker 6: But can you paint that picture like what what is she gonna do in the middle of the ag Just be like I don't like her?
Speaker 7: My mom does like Bella good. She says that she doesn't dress sleazily.
Speaker 5: Oh that's good. Wow, sounds like it's a rare thing for you.
Speaker 1: Tell your mom. She shouldn't comment on women's clothes.
Speaker 5: She thinks. She says he's dressed really nicely. That's all she said. He could have interpreted it differently. Let's give him a little bit of grace here. His mom is standing over his shoulder while he's talking to a nationally syndicated show. So a lot of nerves here, a lot of pressure.
Speaker 4: Does your mom come along with everything for you?
Speaker 3: Like if if someone is to date you, is it always a package deal?
Speaker 7: I mean yeah, unless she says otherwise?
Speaker 4: Unless who says otherwise?
Speaker 7: Mom?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, the show. I think we know you're an adult, right, I'm two thirty two.
Speaker 4: This is going to be a little complicated.
Speaker 5: Maybe let's just fast forward to Colin Bella here.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be so surprised on her answer of why she's not calling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think we will. Mom is probably gonna be the most surprised, if anything. So make sure you put it on speaker when we dial up Bella and try and get you your very first radio experience on Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. This is a big deal, dude.
Speaker 7: My mom's like super pumped.
Speaker 5: Okay, so are we We're gonna do it right after this hold on second date update. If you're just joining us, this is pretty exciting because in a way we're doing our very first three way second date update. The three people being our caller Chris to his date Bella, and the third is Chris's mom. Oh no, you can.
Speaker 1: Say Chris mom was sexy music in the background.
Speaker 5: Z reading this is sexy music. Okay, that's your own brain interpreted. But Chris mom not only tagged along on their dinner day, but it's actually with Chris right now next to him, quietly listening and sometimes answering questions for him when Chris can't remember. But it is nice. It's nice to have a wing woman there, able to do ride or die with you, be your support system.
Speaker 1: What was her reaction? We never asked when she got to the table and your mom's sitting there.
Speaker 8: I think she was fine with it for the same question.
Speaker 5: Clearly, Chris and his mother don't believe that's the reason why. So Chris, what's your mom's guess for why Bella is acting a fool right now?
Speaker 8: Oh on? Hold on?
Speaker 5: Is he like sitting on her lap?
Speaker 4: Hold on, guys, she's writing something.
Speaker 5: She's writing the answers you tell her to write a little bit faster because we are on a time limit for the sudden. Just give her a minute.
Speaker 7: So we are cat people, and she might be more of a dog person.
Speaker 5: That could be a thing.
Speaker 1: The good news is were about to find out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well hopefully, because that's if she picks up the phone, because we're going to dial her number right now. I'm praying that Bella has really good news for us. This is all a misunderstanding and she cannot wait to hang out with you and your mom again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chris, Chris what.
Speaker 5: I'm going to dial it right now. Let's see if she picks up.
Speaker 8: Hello.
Speaker 5: Hey is this Bella?
Speaker 8: Yeah, she's speaking.
Speaker 5: Hey, you're speaking to a whole morning show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Hey, Bella, good morning.
Speaker 5: You're on the radio right now.
Speaker 6: Ah beautiful, I always say, because it's your name, get it, Bella.
Speaker 5: So the reason that we're reaching out to you, Bella is we're doing a segment it's called a second Date Update. I don't know if you're familiar with that.
Speaker 8: Oh no, oh, dear no.
Speaker 5: Don't be afraid. It's a good thing. Because a guy named Chris has reached out to our show asking us if we could get a hold of you.
Speaker 8: Oh, oh, of course he did.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Do you mean because he's getting help.
Speaker 8: It just makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it definitely. When we heard from Chris, it sounded like you two went on a very unique date.
Speaker 8: Uh. Yes, that's a nice way to put it. The record, both him and his mom have been texting me.
Speaker 5: We did hear that the mom was there.
Speaker 3: I would love to hear your description of showing up to the Vaxican restaurant.
Speaker 8: So it started off with just me and him at a table.
Speaker 1: Oh, it did start with just you and him. His mom wasn't there immediately.
Speaker 8: Well, she kept coming up to the table. I thought she was like a server or like a buzzer or someone, because she kept coming up and like checking in on us, and then like the third time, she just sat down with us.
Speaker 1: That is so strange.
Speaker 3: Like, I just I don't know. I just thought that he was more upfront with the whole thing. I know he didn't tell you before the.
Speaker 8: Date, but my read on it is that he was a little bit awkward, somewhat nervous, and just genuinely wasn't sure how to introduce her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, maybe he's a person who needs help in social situations.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like that, And it's nice of you to give him grace in that scenario. So once you found out that it was his mom and she was going to be joining you for the date, how did the rest of it go?
Speaker 8: He was pretty quiet the whole time, and his mom filled in the spaces and answered for him when I would ask questions. And wow, don't get me wrong, she's a lovely, lovely woman truly, but maybe a little overprotective.
Speaker 3: So do you think, I mean, do you think it would have been better if she would have just stayed pretending to.
Speaker 1: Be a server and let him and let him just date.
Speaker 8: He just she should have been there in my opinion. You know, he's thirty two, and I think it's time that he sits through a date by himself. And I think he's nice. But it was just too awkward.
Speaker 5: I could see what you're saying there. But have you ever considered that maybe Chris is such an amazing guy that his mom is being protective because she wants the best possible match for him.
Speaker 1: Jeff is saying this because he has a mom a lot like Chris's. Mad.
Speaker 5: Yes, some of our mothers love us. I can't believe that's used as something that people hold against j.
Speaker 1: Jeff's mom would love to go on dates with him.
Speaker 5: But I'm not talking about Jeff's mom. I'm talking about Chris's mom and actually Chris himself, who is on the other line right now listening to this conversation.
Speaker 8: Oh, oh my god, Hi, why are you doing this?
Speaker 7: Oh it was my mom's idea.
Speaker 5: No, she does listen to our show.
Speaker 7: So I didn't realize you are uncomfortable.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, none more uncomfortable than right now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if it makes you feel better. My mom is very picky and she approves of you.
Speaker 4: So that's not gonna help.
Speaker 5: It's kind of a nice compliment to give to you.
Speaker 8: Well, thank you for that, But I would really prefer to know what you think about what your mom thinks so well said.
Speaker 1: I mean, are you hearing her on that, Chris.
Speaker 5: It's a good opportunity, Chris to speak from the heart.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I agree with my mom.
Speaker 5: Okay, oh okay, they're on the same page. They both think that you're a really cool person, Bella.
Speaker 8: Chris, can I just ask you what was up with the whole server bit with your mom.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, well we do that every time. We don't want to, like we wanted to be like a surprise.
Speaker 5: Oh you do this a lot with your mom.
Speaker 7: Oh like not a lot, but the few dates that I do get.
Speaker 8: Chris, you're saying that you've done this with other ladies before. Yeah, they do they stay for the date or have they left? What? What has happened in the past.
Speaker 7: Well, one of them wanted to get married, but she was way too overbearing, so we had to let her go.
Speaker 4: We you had a proposal.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, she didn't live in this country, and a lot of it was on video.
Speaker 5: Wow, she was really eager to get over here and tied the not.
Speaker 1: With you, Chris and Chris's mom, don't.
Speaker 4: Fall for that.
Speaker 5: Sounds like a romantic story.
Speaker 4: Now, Okay, that's good. That's good.
Speaker 5: So now he's moved on. He's put all those other women that want him aside, because right now or in the spotlight, should be kind of flattering.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm flattered in a little. I feel very awkward. Yes, I feel like I'm dating you and your mom and not just you.
Speaker 5: Okay, on a date? Is anyone here subtraction? Yes? But Bella is trying to suggest. It sounds like Chris is maybe the two of you go on a one on one date and you leave your mom at home.
Speaker 8: For this one what that is definitely not what I'm suggesting.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, then I misread it. I'm not sure what you're suggesting.
Speaker 8: I'm suggesting that for Chris you should do more of those.
Speaker 3: Maybe, Chris, if you don't feel safe on a date, I think that's valid. Maybe your mom can wait in the car in the parking lot, like, just not come inside the restaurant.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, that's a good idea.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's kind of nice security shirt. You can buy them on Amazon.
Speaker 7: My mom laughed at tell that's where.
Speaker 5: Okay, So this may be completely fruitless, but I do have to ask Bella, would you be willing to go out on another date with just Chris and we would pay for it, maybe just even as friends get to know each other a little more like the real Chris.
Speaker 8: No, thank you.
Speaker 5: I keep in mind his mom is listening to this entire conversation. So what you say his mom is.
Speaker 4: Hearing, she's well aware.
Speaker 8: Well, I'll say to both of them that, since we both have history with each other, I just think that that was cloud this next interaction.
Speaker 7: My mom is in a fan response.
Speaker 5: You got on Chris' mom's bad side, now not good. You better expect some angry texts from her later on after this is over.
Speaker 8: I'll be ready for them.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to suggest maybe blocking that number.
Speaker 4: Yeah all right.
Speaker 5: Well, man, I appreciate you taking a chance reaching out to our show, even if you're mom did it for you and being on with us giving it a shot. That was really brave. It was a big first step for you.
Speaker 3: Maybe next step is you have dinner with a woman without your mom there.
Speaker 5: Maybe you can bring brook along with you on the date and showing for.
Speaker 7: You you want to come.
Speaker 5: His mom would not like brook Yeah, Jeffrey in the morning. You know it's funny. A lot of us are laughing or even cringing at the idea of having your mom join you on a first date. But I don't know. I could definitely see Brooks sitting down with her son Alder on his very first and then immediately admonish the girl for not dressing sleasily enough. My son deserves to see skin, Missy look at him in his sad little eyes. I don't see any cleavage. I'm not seeing enough cleavage. They're they're sweetie. Let me hug you tightly into mine.
Speaker 3: There is a running joe at my house that if I have to keep cutting their steak and stuff up for them, then I'm going to have to accompany.
Speaker 5: Them on a date.
Speaker 4: So they better figure it out soon.
Speaker 6: So you're going to be teaching his date how to cook steak for him.
Speaker 1: They'll cut it up, yeah, yeah, for him.
Speaker 5: So look out, Brooke, judge not lest you be judged. Six to seven? No, how long? How old?
Speaker 1: A long time?
Speaker 5: A long time. Yeah. I bet it's going to be an early blue forty years. We'll see health. That's a lot of time for people to go online and check out all of our second date updates where you get your podcasts. They're up at Brooke and Jeffrey