Speaker 1: What's had and nasty? Man? Man, what's what's up? What's the what's your letters? What q k W for sure?
Speaker 2: What's that queen's king's horse? Damn real letters, Mike, not that other ship? Yeah, you know the scrabble letters kind of king and the queen. My nigga, damn lose ship? Are you a king at your whr queen at this rehabilitation stage? Okay, we'll talk.
Speaker 1: This level different twelve steps.
Speaker 2: Because you can recover from being a whore. But the scrabble letters ain't no recovery. He ain't once you step over that lane.
Speaker 1: What's the letters? You want? ABC? You get them a scrabble when win the game? Spell spelled the motherfucking things.
Speaker 3: Man, there was a communistic laughing like, but scrabble letters.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn, I fully caught it. Weather t Lauren s no pipe went the pipe? Yeah, damn. I should have went to northwest though Northwest. Yeah, I was going to northwest.
Speaker 4: Would have made it from northwest Ship That's where I grew up over in there. So I went between gate Way and Hallville and the land West.
Speaker 2: You went to tech right, yeah, I want to that's the tech o. Oh yeah, fantastic.
Speaker 1: A lot of my people went to take to Yeah tex but you went to Rifle, you know.
Speaker 2: But I had a mixture. Yeah, So people that were supposed to go to text came to Riffle. People that were supposed to go to Northwest Ripple, Arlington Ripple from forrest Man. Back in the day, you could use your auntie's address and go to a high school different high school.
Speaker 4: That's how I first went the Pipe, using my cousin Kawana address.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, man.
Speaker 2: If the NBA wle to know you use the address to get to there.
Speaker 1: They use a free reduced lutst.
Speaker 2: Use the address. If he had to use that address, he wouldn't have made it to the league. He was one address from going to prison. So zip call away from Mary County for May County.
Speaker 4: Especially the little brother, they don't look like that for real.
Speaker 1: For that ask little brother was off the hook. He was wild. Well boy. Still, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: About Indianapolis, man, is you you you know, when you're young, you're bored.
Speaker 1: It ain't nothing to do.
Speaker 2: So most most of the guys growing up Yon, their first case was they didn't have nothing to do.
Speaker 1: They was bored straight up we all did. Wow.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, in Indiana, man, this is quiet, wild ass city.
Speaker 4: He said, quiet wild, quiet wild, because motherfuckers really don't know nothing about it.
Speaker 2: You got to explain everywhere we go. We got to explain to a motherfucker everywhere I go down South somewhere like damn the movie Who's Yours? You niggas live on a courtfield And I wonder why y'all love traveling get to see some city life. I'm like, fuck, y'all. We got downtown. We got a mall like people. When you travel, you realize that it's real people from everywhere. Yeah, all over the world. I met people from tuscal Loose to Alabama. That was raw, you know what I mean, somebody you don't want to see on the basketball court or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know. They got dudes everywhere I've seen Alabama. How they get down? He waits to talk about that. Lord.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we're back Club podcast. I'm the host. My name is DJ Wells. We got a special special guest.
Speaker 1: To my left.
Speaker 4: We're gonna introduce my man's left to my left, far left, Bishop Green.
Speaker 1: Leave my boy being here out the Pear League. How you what? He's the first person that baptized R. Kelly.
Speaker 4: Damn, I'm put respect your resume, bro, your real bishop.
Speaker 1: And leave or out of this. What up?
Speaker 2: Man, get bishop, we'll talk about that, Mike. Let's get let's first might talk about.
Speaker 1: That we started Indianapolis. He's his own ministry. Mike. Yeah, that's where the q k W came from.
Speaker 4: And on that note, tomorrow, right, my boy, young your team, how you what? Man, appreciate it, happy to be here, young, not young not to ask him how I got it? Yeah, ask one of my homeboys. Man to my left, Man, I'm giated, honored. We got a legend, a real legend from the city of Indianapolis. We don't have too many people from the city who go out and represent who really we are in the city.
Speaker 1: And he's done this in every single term.
Speaker 4: Philanthropist, the media, entrepreneur, overall, most importantly, he's from Indianapolis.
Speaker 1: The guests, the god, my man, Mike, appreciate you, oh man, anytime, man, any anything for the Nap.
Speaker 4: Brothers about that's the real about the back dough back different than wow, that was.
Speaker 1: Well deer on the back deal with a tongue ring, that's a that's a different. Probably in Atlanta.
Speaker 4: They migrate to the Midwest and summer that's a different species. Hey man, we already started at a good spot. Man, before we get to the episode. We always asked our guests a crazy question. So for you, Man, obviously naptail legend in the flesh, and I know you love sports, and this is a sports podcast, I gotta ask you what hurts you more? Reggie getting that layup, blocked about Prince Or Andrew Look retiring to halftime.
Speaker 1: Andrew Luck retiring to half time.
Speaker 4: If it's one of the places, it's one of the things that everybody in the city remembers where they at when it happened.
Speaker 1: Where was you at when you heard that, Mike, I don't know exactly where I was, but I know how the fuck it fell?
Speaker 2: Shit because at the time, Man, I was bragging on a coat so much. I'm like, everywhere I went, Man, I was the only coat fan, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So you can only imagine how that feel.
Speaker 2: And then for your quarterback to bell out on you after we gave up a quarterback that went and won a court a fucking super Bowl, damn. So you know both of them was playing on a man's mind. You know, like, damn, we could have kept the old man and just our Oh.
Speaker 1: Man, it was bad.
Speaker 4: Damn he murdered what dipped out and got a chip to Andrew Luck had used that PTO on.
Speaker 1: Us, Yeah, and dipped out on us. Man, Damn. I thought she was gonna say, Ritchie, I'm gonna keep it real.
Speaker 2: Nah man, I'm I'm I'm you know what the Pacers, man, I love. I've been a Pacer fan since I was a kid, but I can't keep rooting for those team that don't go far.
Speaker 1: I don't give a damn who it is.
Speaker 2: I'm tired, man, you think, oh yeah, I'm war out man, because I gotta go deal with that ship out in the regular world. Go get a star, Yeah, go get some stars and and build the team.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: And a couple of the Pacers know how to build a team. They didn't have.
Speaker 2: Great championship team, and I guess they let that fight up here in Detroit keep them from picking.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: But you gotta be mill you gotta be mixed them to the patients. Yeah, right now, you do. But y'all y'all doing all right. I hate them too, but I just been you gotta be mixed. You gotta be mixed.
Speaker 1: They can't. They can't go to Northwest to play for the patients.
Speaker 2: Y'all star is mixed, so and it makes sense start celebrating hood and ship. Damn man, you know you gotta solid All Star. And you know, I think y'all gonna make the playoffs. St Yeah, they're gonna be good this year.
Speaker 1: Holler Burton.
Speaker 4: They got bathroom Buddy Hill and Buddy Hill. That should be all right. They're gonna be solid. Yeah, but I don't think they're gonna make it to the finals or done.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying, and that's what I'm saying, why do it? If you're not going to try to? You gotta go get some veteran players. You gotta go pay some people. Man, you gotta check out. Man, they get some ship Mike. They're thinking since the Milwaukee Bucks did it, you know him and then him? They trying to you know what I mean? They thinking like ship, we're a small market, can't we make it straight?
Speaker 1: Man? You did get a ring, didn't Yeah? I snuck out of here with a ring. That's that's all you can ask for.
Speaker 4: Pretty much, pretty much. I guess I mean you wasn't chasing it either.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't. I wasn't chasing chasing.
Speaker 2: I don't really care to Milwaukee is not chasing.
Speaker 4: Were chasing it because I was thinking about going to the Clippers of Milwaukee, so I wasn't.
Speaker 1: Really I'm happy you ain't to the Clippers. I am. I'm happy me too. I'm glad because we want to ring about the game. But now he wants to be a winner.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't care about that ship like, yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 1: About that, but I mean we did win. They did. I question.
Speaker 4: There two cities. We always go back and forth with what city you put up in first?
Speaker 1: Milwaukee?
Speaker 3: Are you going to Minnesota?
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna go to Minnesota. I ain't to Minnesota. No, I'm bed from Minnesota. They ain't like so now did you play that? Yeah, yeah, we had bad report.
Speaker 2: I don't know about the living status. But Milwaukee is dusty the city, the whole.
Speaker 1: City, like Doc Rivers.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm telling you that city is rough and the living conditions ain't you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: The whole food is out of town. You gotta go to Chicago to go what's the worst city you ever performed there, Gary, Indiana. Yea, at the start on.
Speaker 3: The g Lord, shout to my God, I got to make the picture.
Speaker 1: What happened, man? What was going on?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: It was a lot of full length leather coach. It looked like a wild, wild West. Man, it was. It was wild the g what I got going on up here? Had Mike shut up to dress like the matrix.
Speaker 2: And man, Gary is no joke, it is. But you know what, it's a beautiful place. It got some great people in the city. But the city need to be gentrified and uh and once the do, it's gonna be the greatest city in the world.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Shout out to the new mayor, sir, coming out. Man.
Speaker 2: They got a new mayor named brother Eddie, just just running for mayor. I think he's gonna win, man. And we're gonna try to get up here in Gary and try to do something nice for this city.
Speaker 1: That's all needs some love.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: But it's a rough town now. Shout to my God. Man speaking of rebaps in the city.
Speaker 4: Man, Like we said, Man, you represent the city better than like anybody has. And for you to come back to the city and bring that energy back to the city. Man, We really appreciate that. We love you to tell the people. Know what I'm saying. What you got going on in that right now?
Speaker 2: Well, you know what Indianapolis is growing. I remember it was two buildings downtown. Now there's three. But it's it's a growing town, man, you know. And I've always did, you know, habitat work with houses, helping people in the community and stuff. Most of the stuff I do like that, I don't really don't tell nobody, man, you know, it's really close to the hip and it's genuine work.
Speaker 1: But I always wanted to bring a.
Speaker 2: Performing art school to Indianapolis for at risk youth, you know, because a lot of these kids they don't they don't have a they don't have a purpose, man.
Speaker 1: So that's why they.
Speaker 2: Run around here board trying to figure out who they are and what they're getting in trouble is because they really don't have nothing to look forward to. So I want to bring an art school here so kids can learn that you don't have to be an actor to be rich. You can you can be in a craft service. You can work to film the camera, you can there's a lot of different jobs in Hollywood that you can work and learn and make a great living off of Yeah, you know, I mean like forty to fifty jobs on a movie that people make lots of monchy and kids be shocked. They be saying, Damn, I say, yeah, man, the guy who runs the sound, who holds the boom.
Speaker 1: They be rich man and millionaires. Yeah sound.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, you know, it's a lot of different opportunities. So you know, that's what I want to share and share with the kids.
Speaker 1: Damn, that's far.
Speaker 4: Like you said, bring opportunities from the city that you grew up in, knowing what you know, giving back to that's fire man.
Speaker 3: I got to ask you a question though.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, How did Indianapolis prepare you for Hollywood?
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, you really don't know it. You know, if you if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere. You don't know it until you leave, you know, because it's so small. You know, your chances are really, really small. Your opportunity is a slim and again you have to prove yourself over and over when you're from here. You know, I had to prove myself a million times to people because it's not a big market. You know, and when you say it, people are like, because they don't have the history on it. It's not really a cultural history here, not for black people, right.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So so when you hear about a black man from Minneapolis, I mean half the people don't even if you say Indianapolis, they'll say Michael Jackson because they just can't different, different, different the fact that Gary from it. They just say Indiana. They say Michael Jackson. But Michael Jackson's not from Minnieapolis. So you know, it's it has its pros and cons. I've learned to use it as a you know, it helps me because I'm like, damn, as soon as they underestimate me, I'm I'm gone, you know what I mean, Like, Damn, oh lord, this is sweet.
Speaker 1: I don't have the big city pressure on me, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's what's though for us, Like we're going right now.
Speaker 4: So like for a lot of people out there, they first be with Adianapolis and we want to represent the city.
Speaker 1: Well y'all doing it? Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, man, I just seen a clip of y'all on the Instagram the other day. Man, the little controversial jointy. Yeah that but I like that, man, because that's what this is about.
Speaker 1: It's out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's about it's about, you know, raising the hairs up on people.
Speaker 1: Was arms man ship, get off your feelings, have fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it'd be like legitimates that niggas have at barbershops anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't have to agree, absolutely absolutely. People take that.
Speaker 2: As a as as an argument or this, but yeah, you don't have to agree with nobody. If you don't like something, you don't like it. Yeah, but we ain't hating on nobody. That's why I be trying to tell people to something you don't like.
Speaker 4: You might like the way I might like James Harden, but he ain't throwing no slight.
Speaker 1: As James because it's not like the way. More know. That's people take that ship out. They both go, We just right, which one you prefer? Legends?
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty much, but might back to you. Man, I gotta ask a question. You've done so many things in your career. What's one role or one thing that she was like, Damn, I almost had it. I wish I had it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I definitely was wanted to play a full richer prior movie. I got a chance to play them in it a couple of different times but I wanted to play a full with your prior movie, you know, by a bio pick. But I played it in a winning time about the Lakers fireshow yeah. And I played it a little bit in a Nina Simone movie, so I got a chance to play them a little bit, but not a full movie.
Speaker 4: I remember you doing interview somebody, how you was locked into the role and how you got that mold for you doing so many different types of cinema, And obviously do you have some movies where it's just like, that's Mike Epps as a character. How's it for you to be like, all right, I need to get into this character. How long does it take you to come back to Mike Epps.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm always me. Now, I ain't gonna never just go all the way away from me. But but I always picking and add some nuances of whoever that character is. Because the story itself, if you tell it in an acting form, it's gonna you you're gonna turn it into someone else as long as you following the story, you know, and you adding a few little thing character pieces.
Speaker 1: But you know, I really don't never go away too far.
Speaker 2: From myself, you know, I'm still me because we had Columbus short on this motherfucker. He said, he turned it into the full goddamn character. They got different kind of actors, man, Yeah, I think Columbus come from like that kind of acting. Yeah, when they say if you if he if they say your bottle, He'll get on the table and turns the bottle.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm serious. They called him method. Yeah, he said he was methodic. Columbs to say were the act believe but no method.
Speaker 4: I forgot the gymous name. But he said he was a method actress. So he indulged in all his vices. He said that kind of led to some of the things that happened in his life. I always wanted with actors like you know, obviously you you are you in every row and that's.
Speaker 2: But but I've indulged in them things.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I didn't have to be in the movie party pack. I brought the party with me already know. I had a question, go ahead, which role did you enjoy playing?
Speaker 2: More? Your rolling Friday or you're rolling all about the Benjamin's probably all about the Benjamins. But I was hiding that movie real yeah, yeah, I was doing drugs at that time. Real tell man, you got some classes.
Speaker 4: You have at one of the class that bathroom scene is one of the most iconic.
Speaker 1: Al right there, No, I're not in. I couldn't afford it.
Speaker 4: I couldn't afford the drugs at that point.
Speaker 2: The drugs I was doing, I couldn't afford the time. No, All about the Benjamins was definitely my more. You know, I was I was in the game. I was happy to be in the business. And I actually brought that script to Guy's Cube. Okay, I brought All about the Benjamin's Too ice Cube and he uh uh executive producer and started with me. But you know, that was one of my projects that I brought to c You know, a lot of people don't know that.
Speaker 1: But we did. H Yeah. Yeah, I just felt like you was real Naptown And that's my favorite. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just wanted you to answer that for yourself, But I felt like you was real Naptown.
Speaker 1: Back to that bitch, Yes, sir, Yes.
Speaker 4: Definitely my favorite. Friday After Next Yeah, it was. It was only it's crazy to hold the flyes.
Speaker 1: So you taking Friday you taking Friday after the next time. I came.
Speaker 4: When he was joning nobody, I said, that's my ship.
Speaker 1: That's what we do. So that's wrong.
Speaker 2: Like, now, that's why I picked that. But it ain't a bad pick though. That's that's why I asked you though.
Speaker 1: So you from that? Did you hoop? Everybody for Indianaples play basketball?
Speaker 2: I played basketball, and you know, I always tell this story.
Speaker 1: People be laughing.
Speaker 2: I said, Man, I always made the team and played the first two games and when the report CARSS came out, it was over with.
Speaker 1: He got a couple of players like that on his right. Now, I'm the head coach at Pike High School. Now that is crazy.
Speaker 4: I was back at coaching high school. I was working with the Hawks for the last two years, and I.
Speaker 1: Came, man, ain't that fun? Man? Yeah, it's cool. How is that? Man? It ain't too bad?
Speaker 4: But we do got some players that's gonna be like that cool feeling though, Man, that's a great feeling be able to like just get back really because you don't do it for them.
Speaker 1: That them kids is like, wow, man, Jeff t is my coach. Now they look at me like this nigga, like they just be clowning with me.
Speaker 2: So that's good though, yeah, and not instead of because you know, we always grew up looking at coaches.
Speaker 1: They was like for bation officers too. Yeah, you know what I mean. They really wasn't environment. So we had fun. You're looking at their mama's and all that.
Speaker 2: I'm married man looking. Yes, I'm married too, but I'm not blind. Yes I love this. We're not blind, man. Thing our wives have to understand. We're not blind. Yeah, we're not gonna be disrespectful.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's hard to say, okay, take it easy and then like.
Speaker 1: There ain't no crime in there. Just don't get caught.
Speaker 4: You know what's crazy that you said that? So I got to ask you about this. Did j colech joint man when he sampled you? How did you feel the time you heard that song with that? Because that ship is like perfect?
Speaker 1: I said, damn man, my wife ain't heard. I hope she don't.
Speaker 2: Never listen to Jake Cole's album. Man, I'm just sampled by a lot of these dudes, and I didn't know it. Man and ship they sampled the wrong part.
Speaker 3: Fucking up when you flattered?
Speaker 1: Or was you like? Damn man? What you know what though?
Speaker 2: Man? I mean, Jake Cole is such a great rapper. Ship, I mean like, I'm like, damn, man, the youngsters.
Speaker 1: Know who I am. You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: They grew up watching the movies and sure for sure.
Speaker 1: To be able to roll over into another generation. And that's fine.
Speaker 4: That's like, like you said, with your cinema, you got classics, and now you in the music industry.
Speaker 3: For you, you've always dabbled with that. You always did inter lose.
Speaker 4: But how was it you like, you know what I'm saying, trying to do your own music, have your own record label.
Speaker 1: How was that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Lord, they just play me one no mother fucker songs?
Speaker 1: Laughing like that was that was about? Like I don't know, Michael, was that ship? I was? I was?
Speaker 5: And see that's what it do. It makes you do ship. You don't you don't know what you're doing. You're just doing ship. And then when you come clear, you're like, what was I doing? Everybody right like, yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Mike got a pocket forget this motherfucker, big sebastard for.
Speaker 1: Even getting the next time.
Speaker 4: Hey, when I say that I paid so much money mixed and told your should with the DJ gus, he would have got you together.
Speaker 2: Man, let me tell you something about the music business will embarrass anybody fact.
Speaker 1: That it was that ship was. I mean, like Man Lillard can rap.
Speaker 4: For sure, but I'm not bad now and you not heard it in the club up they argue me about that.
Speaker 2: I'm just being honest with you. That's just that that he don't make ship that music. But no, that business is no joke. That business is you either got it or you don't.
Speaker 1: And you really don't.
Speaker 2: Got to be a starter, make a hit, TikTok to, you know what I mean. It's like but I'm saying, all right now that we're talking about music, are you tapped in with this new generation of music or you still stuck?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I like I like some of the music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like, so you ain't just connected from he know, I like I like some of them. Yeah, I like, yeah, I listen. I like some of the little dirt music. I like some of I like a few songs on Gunner's new album. I like, yeah, I like some of that ship.
Speaker 3: And we gotta talk about your music.
Speaker 4: And because you be going crazy on the lines with the mixed, I see you know, mixing, and man I'll be mixing and man, shout out to my man.
Speaker 1: JF. Man, legend of is I love.
Speaker 4: At the next twenty part, we gotta get you on the ox and get Jet off because we can't get him out of two thousand and eight. Man, I'm stuck into two thousands. I'm still playing White me down. He's out, He's definitely out of You better not be playing you know what I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I think sometimes man, you don't even know you got left in the sauce. You just fall in love with your ship. Yeah, yeah, and you look up like, damn, I'm.
Speaker 4: Still playing this shit. I do what I'll tell nah for real, Well, I gotta ask about that.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Obviously, what you being? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Up comedy ahead, You're a legend of comedy. But the thing about you is you've always adapted. It's still been you. At the same time, with social media being such a press situation to like promote your stuff or push on content. How you feel about the new wave of comedians who came from social media.
Speaker 2: You know what I always say about the new wave of comedians that came through social media is that the time that they're in right now best time in the world because you know, it's always the group before you who paves the way for you. So we were the group that paved the way for this young group. We had to do death comedy jam, we had to do comic view, We did The Apollo Man. We worked for seventy five dollars a show that these dudes is on the internet. They ain't been on TV, they ain't been on shit, they ain't been in a movie, and they making money. They got fans, they got they got I mean for it was some little dude just walked in the cheesecake factory the other day and people was I'm like, who.
Speaker 1: The fuck is that here?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I was in Charlotte Nuka line and the girls said, he's a YouTube bro. I'm like, what y'all?
Speaker 4: Was in the club with my nephew one night and he got a hype for YouTuber. Rememberg I was like, who's this is a YouTube bro?
Speaker 1: Crazy? That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And the kids are the way they receiving entertainment now, they don't receive it like we used to. We had to see somebody on TV to be like damn. Now they like I seen him on TikTok. I'm like Damn, I ain't seen him, you know, I ain't seen him on like I don't. I'm only you know, it's something it's hard to keep up.
Speaker 4: But I seen you on tour with DC on Fly, like when he was on your tour, So yeah, I could see you embracing the younger comedians.
Speaker 2: Man, the young DC, Young Fly, Carlos, all the eighty five South South Man, them dudes?
Speaker 1: Is them dudes? Is uh?
Speaker 2: Out of all the groups of the young, them are the closest ones to what I was when I was doing it that they ain't. They're young, they raw, and they're gonna be great too. All those is fucking hilarious.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, all of them got little old souls and if you get close to them, all of them, you'll smell a little gin on all. Yeah, all of these little old niggas. Man, they all fell like a little bourbon or something. They got little bumpy face, especially Carlos.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Yeah, man, I gotta ask you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna just go ahead and throw a couple of movie names out of you, and you just tell me your first thought about them.
Speaker 3: How was it when you got the call to be a hangover?
Speaker 1: Man? I was like I'm I'm now I'm getting a white check.
Speaker 2: Because you know, as a black person, as a black guy, you know, we always talking about the white man, white man.
Speaker 1: As soon as he called, hey, y'all, the white people just call for the show. I got my money and away was going.
Speaker 2: And black people, black people don't understand the dynamic of that. They don't, they don't understand that in this society right here, I don't care who you like and who you don't. You gotta play a game, man, you gotta you know, this life is a game itself. You gotta play it with your own people. So yeah, well you might as well play it period.
Speaker 1: And that's what we learned in this injury.
Speaker 4: And now, like you know what I'm saying, we're crossing barriers or things a little bit different.
Speaker 1: We were like, ah, we still gotta play ball.
Speaker 2: You still gotta play ball, even though Jeff bein't playing in the NBA. Now, this is a whole nother game you guys are playing, but it's still rules and regulations.
Speaker 1: To this bit.
Speaker 2: And and the only way to make it to that other you gotta you know, yeah, y'all do y'all remember uh them two d J's in New York. That was Off the hook man. What was it the dude h starring Buck Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all remember that. Now.
Speaker 2: Them dudes right there, I gotta get him a shout out because they was the first.
Speaker 1: When I tell.
Speaker 2: You crazy motherfuckers on like doing like podcast, like saying some crazy like they talk about Charleston White and Autumn. No, them dudes right there was off. They just came out too early. Yeah, they came out too early because if they would have came out around like.
Speaker 1: Right now, bro, they will be huge. They was Charlmagne. They was the first that I'm telling you that he was. It was worse. I can't he work.
Speaker 4: Charlot he was working early. Charlo Maine was quite crazy. But Star was talking. He was on the radio. Yeah, that's like in breck One used to get on ninety six three and start talking greasy.
Speaker 1: That's one of them. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They came out before their time because they really like if you know, you know type ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, real was they was. They was, like you said, before the time.
Speaker 3: Speaking of New York, a Fat Joe said, lay off the crack man.
Speaker 1: He say that to me.
Speaker 4: Shout the fat Joe Man, I d M did me said he's gonna fuck with the show. So wax pull up Joe with you.
Speaker 1: Come on, Joe and lean back with your nigga. Lean back his biggest that could be having them leathers.
Speaker 2: That are any nigga be wearing all the flavors of pell Come on, he's the flyes big nigga out man in that nigga. Man, nigga got peach pelies with peach. So how do you find some peach shoes? Messed up jacket man?
Speaker 4: I got to ask you spent a little time in New York as a as a gnap Midwest kid in New York?
Speaker 3: How was that adjustment?
Speaker 1: It was an adjustment, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You know, being from Indiana, man, we we we really pick up a little bit from everybody, you know what I mean, h ship in New York.
Speaker 1: I was a New Yorker in LA. I was in LA. But I always been a nap guy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But you know that was that was the way that I survived and blended in man and handled my business and did what I had to do. You know, I teach my kids that you know, you go to Rome, you can become a Roman, you know, but you know where you're from and know what to do, you know.
Speaker 1: And most of the time.
Speaker 2: It was a character builder for me because once I got to them places like New York and l A, I realized where I was from.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. I was like, damn.
Speaker 2: I didn't appreciate it until I got to them places. And then I was like, I'm sitting there trying to fit in with them, and my ship is hooping.
Speaker 1: I got the better ship than anybody.
Speaker 4: Right, You try to fit in the Atlanta and I'm like, I'm from that. Yeah, they want to be like me. That's right, like them, that's right, and whatever that is.
Speaker 2: Even if I'm standing by myself, guess what I'm still standing on what's mine? Yeah, you know I know that LA life was different. Boy, l A life is different, man. L A is the is the cream of the crop, man, and all of it to suck you up and suck you in, and.
Speaker 4: No is craz Look you know that saying that chew you up and spit you out. That's that's crazy that I don't know. Y'all had a freak alert.
Speaker 1: His name Mike.
Speaker 2: That's what we gotta be careful, Mike. On this show we talked about l A and Miami. You gotta be careful with those type of man because we know how get out.
Speaker 1: Of La spoke. You know different. You ain't did nothing, ain't nothing were worried about. Absolutely, if you do something, you got something. Oh god, I'm sorry. Oh yeah yeah. What's your favorite place to party? End? Though? When you was party?
Speaker 2: I know you're probably chill now, but you got any memorable cities that you like party then that you had a good ass time.
Speaker 1: Man, Man, I ain't gonna lie. I think uh.
Speaker 2: Man Ami might have been might have been the funnest place the party for me back in the day. Iced to go to Rolex. I used to go up, you know, all the strip club But the strip clubs in Miami were clubs. Yeah you know what I mean. It was just extra walking around in the club naked.
Speaker 1: They still clubs.
Speaker 4: That made me think of something, Mike. When you got your first real payday, you look at that count. It's up what you burn your first bread on?
Speaker 1: Oh quarter keylo ten pounds?
Speaker 2: No, man, you know what I bought my mother washingt drive. Man, My mother needed to washing drive buy my mother washingt drive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's real. Yeah. I bought my mother because I'm from dirt. Man.
Speaker 2: I came from nothing, So you know, I ain't gonna be there sugar coating nothing about what I.
Speaker 1: Did with my money. I bought my mama washing.
Speaker 2: And dry, paid a couple of my bills off, you know what I mean, got a couple of my teeth fixed.
Speaker 4: Tooths, got them fixed. Yeah, but she was was ahead of time. You you didn't get the big veneers like the raffers getting now.
Speaker 2: No, I got a couple, but they ain't like no, they I had a couple left.
Speaker 1: These dudes didn't have none.
Speaker 2: They just the whole thing, with the whole chunky cheese.
Speaker 1: I feel sure, smile. I said, man, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Scrappy shit crazy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So I did the right thing with the money. I think that that's cool, man.
Speaker 4: But I couldn't imagine, like you said, grinding the way you did. And then for you doing comedy, that's a different attention from movies.
Speaker 1: Which one did you prefer to do?
Speaker 4: Like I would say, probably your favorite movie or your Netflix special for comedy.
Speaker 1: When you came to the crib, you know what, Man.
Speaker 2: They both serve each other. If I'm doing stand up comedy, it'll.
Speaker 1: Make me good in the movie.
Speaker 2: If I'm doing movies, it'll make people come out to see me do stand up.
Speaker 1: So they both service each other.
Speaker 2: Man, you know, so I really really need both of them, and one.
Speaker 1: Is not stronger than the other. That's dope.
Speaker 4: I would say, Well, I guess when you get into that mode of you know what I'm saying, all right, I'm about tap into my comedy band, about to get on stage. I'm about to go warm up. What's your inspiration? Like you hit a couple of cities and get you know what I'm saying, Just test the ideas, or you're just like, all right, I'm locked down for a month. Ain't talking to nobody. Y'all see me when I get to it.
Speaker 2: No, man, I I'm I'm a natural comic, so I really don't have to prepare like most comics do. It's because I Man, I perform fifty two weekends out the year. I'm always out on the road. I'm always doing six seven shows in the city. Damn you know, Oh yeah, I do. I do two shows on Friday, two show, Saturday two show, Sunday. By the time it's time for me to shoot a movie or shoot a special ship, I'm on fire because I never stopped working, you know, I'm always working on it. And that's and that's another thing like with the the young comics that's on TikTok and stuff like that. They don't work hard, so they really burned out quick you see them, and then they just disappear or they can't act. Is when it's time to put them in a movie, they're really not that good because they really haven't worked on it long enough.
Speaker 3: What you said, that's the big difference between how you did.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, they you did it.
Speaker 3: I kind of movie. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Your favorite character is yeah, babyder Come on, how was it? Nobody say that now? Say that? Nobody say that now?
Speaker 1: Not no, nothing.
Speaker 4: The difference between you and the first movie and been doing the sequel where you got some of the newer guys, I'm sure the acting level was a little bit different, like you said, because of that, it's a successful my living room instead of having to go through the trial air with the fire.
Speaker 2: It is because you're sitting there, sitting there across from somebody who's you know, really new at it.
Speaker 1: M hm. You know how that feel? Man? Yeah, when you're a rookie and it's like being a rookie in the.
Speaker 4: NBA, you're going to going into somebody who been in the league for fifteen years and go and get somebody the first year completely different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: I wanted to ask you, I always see Ice cubas being serious? Is he really always that serious?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Even so, man, okay, Ice Cube is he's a He's a serious businessman.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure.
Speaker 2: So I think I think that's the side of him that people perceive as being, you know, serious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I had a two parts or two I was always business. But you know he's got.
Speaker 4: Now. But I'm saying that's a crazy too. YEA was a regular.
Speaker 2: Living he's a sick nigga because there was a raynigs living.
Speaker 1: Niggas that movie. How did y'all how did you and Q like first link up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: You know what me and C was? I was performing.
Speaker 2: On sun set at the Comedy Store and one of my little partners, Baby Loney Rest in Peace, he was telling people he was managing me. Uh, and I got off stage and he said, man, Ce want to let you. I'm like, what I thought even lying I seen Cube, I'm like, damn, I like, you know, you really don't say you know, you say you're not star struggle boy. When you see somebody like an ice Cube when you're young, just to do something to you.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn, you know.
Speaker 2: So he put me through the audition process and I got the role.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't easy.
Speaker 2: I auditioned for it for like a month, and he went out of town and went to went on a vacation and came back and I got the row.
Speaker 4: That's good. Yeah, okay, that's crazy. Was fighting right day they thirty years ago. That's crazy. And people probably still call you that when you out there.
Speaker 1: They had my uncle Aeron is my nigga.
Speaker 6: The other day, get your hand out my ship about me? Let me him created the run back to Us column. Is crazy.
Speaker 1: That's one of the nastiest things I ever seen in the direction.
Speaker 4: That's the first DVD I ever had. I swear to God. Next Friday, first.
Speaker 2: Ye when I first Sai, I didn't even know you was from that. When I found out, we spun that ship back over and over a p what haven't Yeah, I left Indianapolis when I was twenty years old one and move to New York. We lived in New York for twelve years and then I've been living in yuh.
Speaker 1: In uh l a okay.
Speaker 2: The first place I went with Chicago, Oh damn the block that was.
Speaker 1: The first place I went. And I went.
Speaker 2: And stayed up in Chicago and went to all the comedy clubs from me and Kenny half okay, stayed there for I realized I don't need to be here because this ain't what the business is. Then I moved to Atlanta, stayed for a year, and left Atlanta and moved and moved to New York State. In New York for twelve years, but I didn't know them cities. You couldn't make be a star there. I thought you could go to Chicago and become a star. But the business is not in no city, right business you? The business wasn't even in New York, damn. Not for what I did ultimately real not really. I mean, if you go to New York and in your comic, if you if you're not on Saturday Night Live, you ain't on TV. Okay, because they don't have a lot of shows in New York that makes sense. But it's a great boot camp for a comedian because it's raw up there. Yeah, that's why I thought you right everything on your craft.
Speaker 1: They shrewd.
Speaker 4: I gotta ask man that you say you performed at the Apollo, like your first time on stage, how was it?
Speaker 1: Like, Hey, the same man, it's not getting me. I didn't perform that kind of way.
Speaker 2: Like the Apollo used to have guest comedians and then they had they okay, the showcase.
Speaker 1: I was a guest comedian.
Speaker 4: You went on the audition. I couldn't imagine that. That's a different type of pressure.
Speaker 1: They were still wrong.
Speaker 4: They was born gospel artist. That's how knew what different you're born Jesus y'all.
Speaker 1: Niggas different.
Speaker 2: If you ain't got it, you ain't got it. You disrespectful, respected we all, especially your church. It's a lot of people that friendship that can't sing niggas it maybe leave a couple of times that week as for so I get it. If you ain't got it, you ain't got it. And the Lord know it too. Yeah, he's telling them people all the time something else to do, like.
Speaker 4: That stretch their careers longly what they should have been it is somebody eighty six niggas in the chost. Baby girl, girl, you should be up there working uh that need to turn friendship into an Airbnb.
Speaker 1: This's on you out.
Speaker 4: Stop the disrespect broast for the one time we got to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: August fifth, twenty twenty three. I'm all with that, with living Black history. Montgomery White chair whooped down. Mike, Please tell me how you felt when you saw that birth footage of that man going ape ship with that chair.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy about that man is thank God for cameras and loans and ship now because just think of all the ass whoopings the people in God you never could catch it on camera, and it.
Speaker 1: Was unfair, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But you know, it just goes to show you, man that, hey man, it can go wrong.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it can go bad for for that side, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And it was just glad to see see some black people sticking together, man, for sure, more than anything the fuck that it was they was jumping on some white people or whatever they was doing, whatever they was doing as much as we've been through as a race, because didn't nobody die.
Speaker 4: They got their ass, kid, got here with a chair. Okay, so what for the race? It was good to see black people each other. Yeah, man, that was beautiful when.
Speaker 3: I seen the skip down the ball and the people.
Speaker 2: Didn't even know each other, no security guy, you know what I mean, and it just automatically click.
Speaker 1: Man, let's look out for him. Man, let's help him out. Shout out to my nigga that swim across that motherfucker to help too. Man, Come on saying to myself, is he ain't gonna have no wings?
Speaker 4: I said, I don't know what he running over. Ain't gonna be able to breathe? I mean, he was was doing that. He went to the Whea growing Up.
Speaker 1: Ship. Hey man, it was crazy.
Speaker 2: It was crazy, but but like I said, man, it was good to see black man sticking together.
Speaker 1: Man, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: We went from seeing that just seeing Tim Anderson getting pieced up.
Speaker 1: Are you still over that? Man? Man? It was a blind punch. Man, Hey, win is a win man. Swing. Once you throw your hands up, bro, it's game time in facts. You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: You took it see all created. Tim was skrip walking back to the dug out carry my boy like he just hit the loud I'm like, damn, don't do tim like that shot?
Speaker 1: My boy.
Speaker 4: That's my man, that's my Yeah, that's a blind punch. Now we're growing, like you know what, I'm in the relationships, you know what I saying. We started to see who really.
Speaker 1: Liked that.
Speaker 2: Back on some Naptown ship though, Bro, you got any thing Willie stories for.
Speaker 1: Man? That was my man, Willie Hawkins, Sir Willie Hawkins. Man.
Speaker 2: We had so many, man, we have some great nights, great fun yeah, man, Dauphine, Willie Man.
Speaker 1: He was in the master p movie.
Speaker 2: If y'all don't know who that is, a lot of youngsters don't know. Yeah, yeah about it. Yeah, he was a dude that could have made it, man, but he just didn't. They never left Indianapolis. So you know one thing about being from Indianapolis. If you don't leave, you might not never see the greatness of who you are, you know what I mean, You might not really see you know what you can really do for sure? You gotta leave here, man, carry yourself up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I used to always tell this motherfucker, you're trying to come back Jersey looking at them ass number.
Speaker 1: He finally did look the full back.
Speaker 4: Wore that number, man four, so I could do this to the craw. I'm from out West before.
Speaker 1: It was the original number.
Speaker 4: Man, that was my number forty four, But I wore zero most of my career. Yeah, I wore zero because of Gilbert Arenas, but I was my favorite player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, zero was better than forty four for sure.
Speaker 2: Man, that's definitely a big man's numbers.
Speaker 1: What I said, the last jersey fucking I wore.
Speaker 4: My brother wore forty four when he was in high school. Wow, so I wanted to be like him. And then when I came back home to Rell, Yeah, yeah, Torell was definitely for forty two, five, forty seven three.
Speaker 1: I've seen forty three, forty one.
Speaker 4: Them niggas wasn't respected for I ain't never seen nothing past forty five.
Speaker 1: Forty five.
Speaker 2: A couple of niggas half fifty. Chuck Parrison was who z bo Zo the real one?
Speaker 1: Yep, Corey mcghetty, Corey mcgetty, Corey mcgetty, Yeah, muscles.
Speaker 3: The only niggas who could wear above forty five had to have.
Speaker 1: He was he was mcgety.
Speaker 3: What was great number?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: I want to ask y'all some sports questions. Love it, they're not really sports questions. But have you ever seen in your whole I mean your existence of knowing basketball and not nobody that went pro. But have you ever seen somebody that was like five ten but they could play center.
Speaker 4: That's who they played center at Broble, you're beating the first stretch, four stretch, real ship center.
Speaker 1: You played the first Georgia. You bet your first nigga bro for sure is congratulations. Bro.
Speaker 2: I played big for sure, like I played one too because my hand was a pity patty crazy but yiky crazy. But yeah, but I played big because we was undersized, so I was the you know, the biggest nigga team, bro double center.
Speaker 1: Like you said that that that two game rule, Yeah, don you know what I mean? For sure? I love that man.
Speaker 2: They gave me a weekends jersey too with my coach with special ed all right, whenever you wore.
Speaker 1: They gave me forty.
Speaker 2: But yeah, then I switched the fire though, because I really hoped like KG.
Speaker 1: Then twenty one.
Speaker 4: I got guy shout out to.
Speaker 1: But I was the first he really said that.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking this about to say something serious. See the nigga that was center you could have been to a Dustboll game before.
Speaker 2: That's why I've seen it. I see I couldn't. Hey man, that shit always blew my mind.
Speaker 1: That's him.
Speaker 2: To see a dude five ten playing center, that's legit him.
Speaker 1: Bro, that's above and real for sure. Bro.
Speaker 4: The same three highlights that they put in The bo that's one of the greatest basketball movies of all time. But Tommy Shepherd hit that big rage jump shot eighteen times of the row.
Speaker 1: That movie is cat.
Speaker 4: I hate that movie, yeah, because they should have just showed more highlights, like I like Tupac, But other than that, it was kind of weak.
Speaker 1: That's just me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like, what's your favorite sports movie?
Speaker 1: That was a fake record game? Yeah, like they should have showed a little something different. What's my favorite movie?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sport, any period movie, whatever.
Speaker 2: Any movie. I'm not gonna lie not my favorite movie. But one of them is That President.
Speaker 1: I like that. I really enjoyed that movie. You just want to say that because I've just seen it again out of nowhere and I was like, damn, that was a good ass move. What about Harlem Knights? I love that movie. I wish I could remake that motherfucker.
Speaker 4: Bro, I'm trying to We're trying to do something like that right now with Kevin meet Kevin har and all the rest of that's gonna get hell yeah, trying to do something like that.
Speaker 1: Damn Harlem nice be crazy.
Speaker 3: No, especially now.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get to play old girl though the big girl or because what's old girl? What's uncle Erroy wife in Friday? Get Big Lizzo off for show, the Big Belly. You gotta get Mark Henry for that motherfucking for show. Get the Amazon Freshman. Hell yeah, hurricanes in that motherfucker for sure.
Speaker 1: That man was some ready to turn on her, just like yeah, we've been ready to talk about this. Now that movie is gonna go crazy. I remake that for.
Speaker 2: Sure, because all the characters are there, all we gotta do is just replace them.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Damn that's funny, bitch.
Speaker 3: I got a question for you, Mike, how do you feel about to be Toby?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I'm not even familiar with it for real?
Speaker 3: Is that a network you gotta tap in?
Speaker 1: You you above and beyond that?
Speaker 4: Oh no, you don't need to be on it, but you need to see some of that ship that's on there.
Speaker 1: Got an app like.
Speaker 4: TV though, it's like bro Netflix type ship version version of Netflix paper Soldiers and ship would have been on there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: See the thing about that is, you know, I don't want to look at some ship that's not a quality because.
Speaker 1: I don't believe it or not. You can ruin your lands with that ship. You don't go to.
Speaker 2: Do in your own lands like you can ruin yourself looking at low quality ship. When it's time for me to go do it, you find yourself You're like, where the fuck did I pick that bullshit up at?
Speaker 1: I'm just being honest to anything. Now. That's a fact. Though.
Speaker 4: If you can watch basketball like that, you start watching poor basketball, you're fucking around stird.
Speaker 2: That's real, right, Okay, that's real man. You you gotta be careful of what you consume because it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is that your next movie that you're working on though with Kevin Hardening? Where you got something else in?
Speaker 1: Now? I got a movie coming out with Snoop Dogg called Underdogs.
Speaker 2: It's about his uh football league, Okay, and I'm playing one of the coaches. That's love though, Yeah, it's still yeah, I'm still I'm still appreciative of it. And I did another movie what's not late than coming out called Young, Wild and Free.
Speaker 1: Pretty good movie.
Speaker 4: So they got a Hollywood strike right now. I was gonna ask you for writers, the writers in the actors as well. With us having such a prominent space on YouTube, you think a lot of like comedians and entertainers are gonna probably transition to other things while this is going on, because like obviously with you being.
Speaker 1: Were we only want working y'all.
Speaker 2: Me people who have these type of jobs are the only ones working right now. We're fortunate enough to be able to do it because you know, everybody else is under the union, and man, we don't know what this thing is gonna do. Man, you know, they they fighting for residuals, they fighting for wages, money.
Speaker 1: Because the streamers they don't want to give up anything.
Speaker 2: They figured out a way where they don't have to pay people, and and now.
Speaker 1: They figure out trying to figure out a way to replace your ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got this ai situation in the movie business. And you know, once they start uh implicating that in our businesses, it's.
Speaker 1: Over with anyway. You know.
Speaker 2: Now Now now people's people, people's jobs are gonna have to be associated with working with that.
Speaker 1: If you're not working with that, you don't have a job. Many ship the devil boy.
Speaker 4: No, it's crazy because like even with musicians, you're here a song, you be like, he didn't make that song.
Speaker 1: They made this on the keyboard. But it sounds like you see.
Speaker 2: What they realize, what they don't realize. What that is is that nobody with real substance is gonna want to listen to some fake shit. But if my mind is clicking to me telling me that that ain't the real dress, I'm not listening to that.
Speaker 1: Ship.
Speaker 3: You can't you can't imitate.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I don't want to hear it, man, you know.
Speaker 2: So that's what that's where they at in Hollywood with it man, And we just got to figure out different ways to bring some income in.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: It's a million ways to make money out here. You gotta buckle down and figure it out.
Speaker 1: A great you know. All right?
Speaker 4: Well, I got a question. I'm a hope you hoped all my life. Yeah, you've been watching basketball for years? Who your top five favorite players?
Speaker 1: My top five favorite player? Don't say no bullshit, Reggie make the cut, Reggie Miller.
Speaker 2: Hey, I would say Reggie might be one of one of one of my favorite five because I'm from Indiana. He always represented us and I always, you know, rooted for Reggie.
Speaker 1: He's definitely one of my five. I got. I gotta have somebody from Indiana in my five.
Speaker 2: Respect Michael Jordan's death, the Gate, Julius Irving. I used to love Julius Irving. I used to love Dominique with Wilkins.
Speaker 1: Man, that's my guy. I used to love domin.
Speaker 2: And you know what, one thing about Dominique he was really unorthodox. He was really like really wasn't like, he wasn't like nobody. He wasn't and he I mean, I mean he's really damn near. He played different from any player I ever seen ever play. His jump shot was different.
Speaker 1: He had an ugly jump shot, just went in. It was like, yeah, it was. He walked like Kenny Smith. Now. He was cold. He was cold.
Speaker 2: He was He definitely was one of my favorite And I might got old niggas on his ship.
Speaker 1: He might like you like about.
Speaker 2: Oh, definitely cold man, cold man, Kobe that ain't man. So Bridgie Miller's the greatest place for ever you yeah, yeah, yeah, you know any other great place.
Speaker 1: Ship walking through that door? Give me.
Speaker 4: Now I'm gonna keep it the bean. I'm gonna I'm gonna keep it the bean. Bro Chuck person shout out the chuck. Chuck a filthy nigga, but shout out the chuck.
Speaker 1: Respected. Give me Paul George up, Richard, I'm not nah Paul George. Paul George didn't do anything and he killed. He killed in Indiana. He killed, and he don't do that. Don't do that.
Speaker 2: For twenty years that Paul Every year Paul George got up to Lebron. I mean that's everybody. Yeah, that's playing ball with him in the summer time. I'm not gonna be your friend, nigga, and I'm trying to be winner.
Speaker 1: Fun with that. The NBA is the NBA is friendly, but y'all play football. Back then, that ship wasn't really basketball for real. I get it. Don't be friends, but y'all y'all was out of pocket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Julius, I come on, bro, Bill lay Bear and Rick Mahorn started on the smoking cigarettes on the championship team.
Speaker 1: Niggas roll breaking up forties like smoking cigarettes and halftime bring back to the league.
Speaker 4: That'd be hard up halftime, rolling to join the halftime and gonna get forty.
Speaker 1: That's elite.
Speaker 4: It's not Bro you out of you out of that's some slim were Bron Brown not top five for.
Speaker 1: You, Lebron.
Speaker 2: Uh Nah, you more of a Julius.
Speaker 1: I mean, imagine Johnson.
Speaker 2: I like the old guys, man, It's not that he's not top five.
Speaker 4: Named all the old dudes definitely, you know what they felt like. People his age feel like Mouers are smart, competitive to know. I like the young guys too.
Speaker 2: But I'm just telling you that that I just grew up in the era watching basketball different than what it is now.
Speaker 1: I respect it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Basketball now is different than what it was when I grew up watching back. Man, it was like everybody was a start who back when you played now, back when basketball was playing, when they was back in the day when it was man, I mean they had some dudes.
Speaker 1: They had a dude named Xavier McDaniels for a second.
Speaker 4: Man, these were dudes that was I mean, boy, only guy really chose some some real respect was but Kan he was a walking bucket.
Speaker 2: He was old man. They have of them walking man. They had dudes Ron Harper Cold in Cleveland. Here's one of the firsts that really did they think? I heard it was cold yeah, six six PG for sure. He joined with them with the mother titles.
Speaker 1: Before he was with Jordan was real cold, crazy Cleveland. What college did you go to? I went to Wake Force.
Speaker 2: You went to wake for Kim Dunky Yo, Timmy d co So you and him might be the only guys that came out of there.
Speaker 4: Chris Chris Paul came out of there, muggsy boats damn. Rodney Rogers shout out to my I always put respect. Alpha Camino came out of the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: They had a great they had a great program. Is just there, Yeah you are. I'm glad you didn't.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm glad you didn't supposed to go there.
Speaker 1: You was supposed to go.
Speaker 4: He called him and said, I'm coming. They said, they said they had no scholarship for me.
Speaker 1: Pull man.
Speaker 4: I just did a show man. I went on stage with a duke Jersey on kill over there. They booed the ship.
Speaker 1: Kill you over there.
Speaker 4: Nobody like, don't nobody like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just had a duke jersey, y'all. He got a bike, I think I said. They was like, I'm like, what the.
Speaker 4: Wear a tar hell jersey Broda when I see you with fifty a couple of weeks ago, and I seen the jersey on jersey m on.
Speaker 1: Man, I wrapped the paces you though, you do, coach.
Speaker 3: And we're really coming up. We got a great season with a coach.
Speaker 4: We got a young black quarterback first time the coach really gonna let him rock out and more poorly, we got the All Star Game in the city.
Speaker 3: I know, and well they better be headed.
Speaker 4: You the keys to handle all that because I saw what they did with comedy.
Speaker 2: Me and Jeff are gonna do a party. Yeah, comedy show slash party.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, I just got hyped show. You said that will tape.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have a cigar allounge while the party has had. It's gonna be We're gonna have it right, yeah, ladies, the nice ladies going the vi ps, nice ladies. It's gonna be nice. It's gonna be cigars. It's gonna be on one side. You're gonna have the mad d J on the one side with the music playing.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be crazy. I'm looking forward to that. Jeff t you Mike gets Yeah Yeah. Official no Ja promoted run around. He definitely one of them. That's cute. Where's mind with the nigga with the crisis? Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, Man, before we got here, Mike, please, man, please tell us, Man, the people want to know what you got going on.
Speaker 3: What's your goal to close out this year with?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: Man, this year, my goal is make sure Hollywood come back because they don't strike right now. So I don't know what this year is gonna be. But I got a tour coming up, hosting. I'm gonna be hosting with DC, Young Fly, Carlos Miller, Chico Bean, d Ray Davis, and Little Duval. It's coming up this year. Our first day to be in January. I'm gonna be hosting. That's gonna be one of the biggest comedy tours ever. That's starting the first of the year. And like I said, I got the movies coming out, man, And you know, I'm just hey, trying to stay in the game.
Speaker 1: Man. Put out good work and uh, you know, keep proceeding.
Speaker 4: Bro. I want to say thank you first and foremost, not even coming here, thank you for representing our city the way we want to be represented.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: We don't have a lot of people out there like we got people from the city, but they don't always come back. That may not show how we really what We appreciate you being that beacon like for the city out in Hollywood to show people, hey, we got guys.
Speaker 2: Thank god, we got some fly guys man representing too.
Speaker 1: On the podcast side, we're only growing from here. We got the Bishop k w Speak come speak for the Queens, Kings and Horse Bishop don Juan Brendan Green.
Speaker 3: Know that no light Share subscribe.
Speaker 4: All that good Ship Club for twenty will be back next week.
Speaker 1: It's an uh appreciate listen anytime