Speaker 1: Here we are on off the Edge with me, your host Cam Jordan, and I'm just overly blessed, overly happy to be here in Las Vegas at the annual Sack Summit, which has become a thing now you know me, Von Miller, Max Crosby, first collaboration. We're gonna take off from here. But I'm sitting here with my guy, Josh Allen. When I say paid is an understatement. We're not gonna put numbers out there, but he just got paid this offseason. We are so excited for him to join the show. When I say pro bowler, we're talking about Josh Allen. When I say, you know a guy who had seventeen and a half sacks this past season, a threshold that is hard to get to. You know, there's been a lot of seasons you can put together, have ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen. Once you get beyond that fifteen, you get in a real, real rare air and you hit seventeen a half marks and seventeen half sacks for the mark this is past season. I'm just gonna say congratulations on your congratulations on getting paid, Congratulations on everything you've done at this point, and I know there's so much more, but I appreciate you tapping in on the.
Speaker 2: Show Man to be here with your big bro. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Indeed, indeed you've been to Saxon before, right, I have ten years ago, I'll say I was one of them years. I was like, all these all these sex I'm start to blend together. I was like, you've definitely been here, and was it three years ago? And now you're coming back you know where where it's bigger and better than ever. What are you looking forward to?
Speaker 2: Uh? Communication? Uh, blending with the guys, learning, growing and also spreading my knowledge and wealth things that I you know, learned throughout these years that I could pass on the other guys, spreading wealth.
Speaker 1: Can I get a dollar wealth, the well wealth of of knowledge? Got excited?
Speaker 2: I can help you make some money, you know, Okay, no doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing. Uh speaking of you, you know, just the the success that you've had, have you have? You had a big spurs yet I know you got a fami. I know you got kids beyond moms, and I know you took care of the fam. I know you got a wife. He probably got a nice purse out of it.
Speaker 2: What did you get you I got a new car. Oh, we'll say double r Oh. I had to get it.
Speaker 1: Oh big big, big big dog. Okay, I'm saving that.
Speaker 2: What a driver?
Speaker 1: Oh does it come with the driver? But does a double art come with the driver? You gotta sell it separately.
Speaker 2: It's easy. You gotta get it separately. But it's easy to get one, especially in jackson A lot of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jacksonville really small baby. Oh your boy.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: When I first got to Jacksonville, my my big homie Tyson Lululu was drafted. Was that twenty ten first time I ever got through Jacksonville, was like, there's nothing here.
Speaker 2: Nope, that's why it's easy to make people people connections.
Speaker 1: Fourteen years later, it actually looks like it's like a solid city now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's growing. It's definitely grown. With the new stadium being built to I think that's gonna bring a lot more revenue, a lot more a lot more money in the city. Uh, and then bringing the four seasons into our owner bringing the four seasons in and y'all got a four seasons in Jacksonville, were making one. Yeah, so we're doing something. Man, and you know, hopefully that just keeps growing and growing for us.
Speaker 1: Right right, You got my you got my former d line coach Ryan Nilsen as your decordinator. Now you've had you know, a little off season with them. How do you like him so far?
Speaker 2: I mean, so far, so good? You know for me, you know, he called the first time. The first thing he talked about when I talked on the phone with him was you going forward. That's all I need to hear. Now, put the ball in my court. Let me beat me and we can do that. And I think the conversations that we had he kind of lets you, you know, take a chow because I think in his defense, you know, the ends need to be need to be elite, you know, needs to be those guys. And where I'm at and where my trajectory is going in my career, I can only see myself going up. So if you allow me to go right, trust me that I'm gonna go. And but now this year, man, I did that last year by myself. Now it's trying to spread that well to the others. You know. Uh, got Trey who's coming up. Got Eric that's new, and we got a lot of younger guys that I can kind of like, let's let's do this movie like this. You know, you got a monster in the middle, and I'm already knowing. Man, I'm happy. I'm happy kid in the store the show.
Speaker 1: Uh, I mean, you know, it seems like you guys got a strong collective. You know, a couple of years ago they paid the wide receiver Kirk. You know, they they kept They're starting to keep their own you. You know, Trevor Lawrence, how does how does it make you feel that organization, you know, wants to love the players, wants to you know, pay their loyalty towards players like you and Trevor.
Speaker 2: I mean, it means a lot. Uh. It means we're going in the right direction. You know, things that haven't been done in a very long time. You know. For me to be the first you know, one hundred million dollar player in organization, like in the whole organization, Uh, it's kind of crazy, but it's a it's a humble experience, and you know, I'm thankful for that. But we're in the right directions. We're keeping our top players, our best players, and our core players as well, so we can continue to keep building on that, keep bringing the younger guys up. That's why we put these guys in these roles to I mean, you played for the Saints, you had none but young guys and build them up and now you see them go here, go there. But they helped that organization build as well. That's all I want to do. Put my name on the map and never be forgotten in Jacksonville history, right right, But I mean, just.
Speaker 1: Keep your core guys in there. Keeps your locker room integrity good too, like the vibes, the ability for you know, in the season, you're going to have adversity, you're going to have those wins by twenty points, some losses by threes that hurt way more than a blowout loss. But that core locker room keeps it going. Like, tell me about that. Tell me about your locker room. How does it feel? Because you know every locker room is different, so I'm always intrigued to know, like what is your locker room feel like? Is there is you know, I don't see any dancing or or like you know, now, we got.
Speaker 2: A cool locked room. We got a lot of young guys. This is one of two things that we I think we need to implement this year moving forward to build that team chemistry. I think right now, we too were too blocked off, you know where we got one one one group of like D line in one area, old line another area. I think we need to mix that up. Uh and just just know you know your teammates and I think that kind of bang. I think that would bring a lot more chemistry with each other offense and defensively. But other than that, we got a young locker room. We'd like to have fun.
Speaker 1: Who gets control of the ox?
Speaker 2: You know, I keep boom box, you know, so I usually but I like the old schools and so if I'm on it, you know, I'm usually playing cards with the guys and I'm playing you know, my jams and stuff. It's old school for you, sir.
Speaker 1: You were born in.
Speaker 2: The oh So I like you know, I like a little Luther, you know, I like a little I like a little music soul child. You know, I like the viz bro. I like to keep it cause we all we go out on the field. We listened in that rap. We go in the weight room, were listening in the rap. You know, all this stops rolling around kind of need it in the locker room. Just keep a nice chill vibe. Everybody talking vibbing out. Like I said, we're playing cards. We got a basketball hoop. You know, we got a nice little you know.
Speaker 1: Game room.
Speaker 2: Guys go chilling. We do jack. You mean, like like I said, we got it's like a little lounge, a little LOUNGEO. We got pers fours, golf simulator, pink pong table. Yeah, come on, man, we're doing it.
Speaker 1: Man, Okay, I love it. I love it. I mean, uh, we know obviously you're you're you're a leader on the team. You lead by example. What's it like to have you know, Trevor Lawren's former number one overall pick from Clemson. Uh, what is he like as a quarterback? I mean when I when I came to the league, I had Drew Brees and like so the epitome of a leader. I know exactly what that looked like. You know, for you you come in and then you get you get Trevor Lawrence, and he clearly is a clear cut got to be a leader. The way he plays, the way he you know, implements his style to the game. What is he like as a leader.
Speaker 2: One thing that I can say about Trevor man is the consistency that he has with the routine. You know, I think the more older I get is you know, you have to have a routine, but you can't be a robot to that routine. But you have to have a routine. And I remember, you know, his second year and he just wasn't playing as good every morning because we're like early birds. So I come in there, he right there. So it's like seeing that every single day from now, from then to now, it's consistent. You know, He's always had the same demeanor of like, we gonna get it. You know what I'm saying, We're gonna command this, We're gonna take control, you know, but we just have to keep seasoning the moments. And but so for me, just to see him stay disciplined, to see him stay locked in Lilliam State, trusted in his craft, and for him, you know, I like to see that. And uh, he's been doing that ever since. And I know it's gonna pay off. You know. I think he's gonna have a you know, breakout year this year, and I think he's gonna lead us the right way and lead us to you know a lot of victories.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I mean, yeah, that the AFCU out there scrapping ya ya y'all y'a heavy sacks with backs, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's it's uh, it's the D line, you know how I'll say the d lin Ley.
Speaker 1: You know, the Battle of Trench is really gonna play a part. And I think I think the investments y'all made the last time y'all had success into into the playoffs was you know, back when it was Saxonville. Yes, sir, So like what y'all what y'all creative? With the addition of Eric Armstead, y'all have potential to get back get back to it, you know. Like it's like I said in the intro, you had seventeen seventeen and a half sacks this past season. Uh, how do you talk this last season in terms of production?
Speaker 2: I think, you know, I think last year, man, last year was a difficulty. It wasn't. It was difficult for me, you know because I feel like I couldn't rely on anybody else mentally. So it's like two people, three people communication, no communication. I'm gonna get it. I'm gonna meet the band in front of me. I studied this dude since, uh since since July, since June. You know, I know my matchup and I'm gonna work this dude in front of me. And I think, you know, that gave me a lot of success individually, but I think it kind of I could where I could have spreaded that wealth all over the line and build this person and build that person up. I think it was just like I did it by myself. Now let me see if I can do this, but added add the value to everybody else, you know, and bring them to my level. Don't I won't go to nobody else's level. I don't want to bring everybody up to my level. And obviously adding Eric, a guy that's been played at the high level for so long, played with guys that played at the high level, play with Nick defensive play of the Year, so he knows what that work ethic is and he knows what that competitive is. So it's like, if I can bring that to my other guys and take more control right there the CEFI, we go as a whole D line now. And that's why I say, like AFC South young quarterbacks, you know, we got guys really throwing that ball there, and who's gonna win up front? And if you look at every super Bowl. You know who who's taking over.
Speaker 1: You know the heats and you see which one's gonna win.
Speaker 2: And I told him, was that right? I want to be the best one. We're gonna be the best D line and we're gonna be the best D line. But I want to be the best one. So you know that's my that's my challenge for them, and you know they accept. They know that. They know they accept that for me, and I accept that for them as well. Like Trey, Me and Trey talk all the time. It's like my little brother, and like he know and I know he knows, I'm gonna be the top dog Tree. You gotta come give me well, he said, Josh, I'm gonna be top doll. We're gonna work. You know what I'm saying. It's that competitive edge man. We need to compete. You know. I want to be the best. You want to be the best. We want to be the best together, and we keep we got to keep proving it right. Everybody can do it one time, everybody, look do it two times, three times.
Speaker 1: That's where I got to get to the world. The world tries to crown people king over one year. If you've been in this Lee long enough. I'm like, yeah, but show me three four years. You can do it three four years. I believe in the height. If you do it for one year, anybody can catch a lick. Anybody, anybody can roll the dice and be amazing off one roll. Show me if you can continue, you know, and then you got to keep it like that that building like and and the greatest thing about you just said is you know, like i'ma be topped doll, but I want you to come get me. It's like I used to tell the d Lion. I'm telling d Lion all the time. I like, Yo, if y'all can shine as bright as y'all can, Like if y'all bring in everything y'all do, y'all be amazing as you can think about how much more amazing I'm gonna look too, Because like if you say, bro, if you're if you're a sword and you're your sword and your sword everybody is what is these gleaming swords call me Excalibur, Like I'm gonna be like I'm a king slayer, you know what I'm saying. Like, and you have to have that mentality in this game. So when you come to it, like I want to make Brian Bezi the best he can be. I want to be uh, I want to I want to make Carl Grant's and the best that he can be because by doing that, that base their play, which is gonna push myself to work even harder.
Speaker 2: Sir.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, I just want to say, like, what did you what did you do this differently? You know, for years previous to this break, this huge monster's here.
Speaker 2: You just had uh staying locked in.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I did a lot more reading this past year, my audio books. Uh, lots more.
Speaker 1: Audio books, like books protecting.
Speaker 2: Football or just mental mental mindset brooks, you know, being able to stay locked in, uh, being able to control, you know, control what you could control. So for me game days, man, I didn't listen to any music. You know. I was really big on, you know, if anything was to happen, I didn't want music to be the reason why I didn't perform, you know, or it didn't I didn't play my song. I didn't do this, just like little things. So it was really big on how mentally can I be in the game, Like I'm mentally confident. I know. I studied this dude for so long. I studied his offense. For so long there was no music.
Speaker 1: How did you keep your cane.
Speaker 2: A lot there? I'm just breathing, watching the whole time. No, I get in a dark room. So my first thing, my people find me a dark room. I get a dark room. I go in there. I just chill out, control my thoughts in the stadium, in the stadium, in the locker room.
Speaker 1: Once you once you get to the stadium.
Speaker 2: I find you know, my people give me a dark room. I go in there, and you know, I take a little nap. I read my book. First of all. I read my book so I can like get off of football, get off of you know, any feeling that I'm about to feel, and just have like a you know, I got better off of reading, you know, and I'm reading things that's that can apply to me in this game. So I'm reading these books. I'm taking naps. I listen to a little jazz here. And I got that from Lebron. Uh, I got that from Brin. I definitely take that from Bro. And you stay on the first page I read, Okay, I read I've been reading this uh Relentlessness by Tim Grover, and you know he talks about three areas of people. You got a cooler, cleaner, you got a cool you got a cleaner, and you got a closer. I'm a cleaner. You know, look.
Speaker 1: Cleaner, cleaner. What's the cleaner?
Speaker 2: Guy that do it right? You know a guy that do it right half the time, and you got to cooler that guy that's just out there. You know, I don't want to. You know they talking about clutch people. You know, clutch people come come in clutch moments. I want't be a player that come in at all moments. And so if I can continue to have that mindset, continue to challenge myself, continue to push myself in practice, first one on the field, last one to leave. Really doing things that's applying myself to get better during practice. You know, I do things pre practice to get better during practice, and then I do the things that after practice that I didn't do right in practice. So every day I just feel like I'm getting better. You know, I'm eating right. You know, my family, My family is situated. I make sure that my wife is you know, stable enough that if I'm not in a house we're covering my body or sleeping in this hyperbarrick, that everything's okay and make sure I spend time with my kids and obviously tell them, let them know why I'm doing what I'm doing. And also I take them with me sometimes, so you know, making sure everything in my life is is what it's supposed to be so I can play. That's why kids like we had to chill out on the kids.
Speaker 1: You know, three three is a plenty.
Speaker 2: There is a lot.
Speaker 1: It gets to be a lot, especially in season. You know, wife, you need a date night, we.
Speaker 2: Can do day night, Tuesday night. We day nights Tuesday, Tuesday, today night.
Speaker 1: You guys do like a defensive line dinner defense.
Speaker 2: So again, so you know, un fortunate. We've been building our house for three years and it just got finished right before I signed my contract. You know, so prior to that, I was like what, I don't know what we're gonna do, you know, like we're gonna sell it, We're gonna move here, we gotta do this. And then we get our house done, and then a couple days ago we signed our contract. So it's like this is our future. We built it for our family and so like, and now we got built to where we can entertain, like we have spaces for the kids. And then we have people now we can have people over, So I kind of want to That's where he said, take more control and take more lead, come over. You know we did dinners. Yeah, but I want to do more of like a chill like come to the crib. Maybe we'll watch the game, maybe watch some tape. You know, I got a good setup to where I can entertain a lot more people, and I want to take more control in that. And you know, this is my team. They pay me to be that guy. Yeah, you know, so it's time to take over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, act accordingly. Look on our defense. We do defense every defense, dinners every other Thursday, and like it just goes from like the pecking order, ogill pay the you know the so it's now it's me the oldest guy in the room. Pay the next time that it just goes, you know, from whoever on and then every other week the d line will go eat you know. So then so it's always just like camaraderie. It's always like trying to figure out how like what motivates my teammates off the field, on the field, whatever it is, so I can be just have that relatable moment like in game if things get huge, it's like all right, bro, Like, I just need you to lock in with me, like we've gone through enough. I know enough about you, like I know how to lock you in, you know, like whatever it is. And I feel like those off the field moments creates that trust and that camaraderie that you sort of need to achieve success in the season. Yes, sir, for you to have folks up to the house. Man, I ain't no way with the kids. It ain't no way only because I know I'm not helping clean nothing.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's why you hire help.
Speaker 1: Facts. At the end of the day, my wife gonna look at me like are you helping? And I'm gonna look at her like these hands is broke.
Speaker 2: I gotta take I can take the trash help, you know. I do a little dishes, you know. That's why you got to have the paper plates, and you throw a lot of stuff away, you know. So we we kind of we kind of been planning on this from minute now. I got you to take out the trash and that's where I take the trash out quick and we got it right to.
Speaker 1: It opening doors right there. Hey, I'm big on take off the trash. That's where it stops. Though, this has been here for a while, you're talking to me. I love you. I load the dishwashing.
Speaker 2: It's a slippery slope unloaded, unloaded. I don't know. I just feel like I'm like, why it takes so long? But loading the dishwasher. Dishwasher?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no, I said while we was dating, I said that precedents very Hey, hey, I can take the trash out. I ain't got nothing for you after this, so I'm stay consistent.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, stay tuned.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back. So you're being at the sack summit, right, How does this? How's this fitting to your goals of improving?
Speaker 2: Man? Just I like to learn, I like to see see my already came. I already got questions that I want to ask certain people, and you're one of the people I wanted to definitely chop it up with on just you know how you I know how I break down film, But like, what other tendencies do you look at when you you know, when you're looking at a tackle, you're looking at an offensive scheme? Like what is what is telltale signs that you can see on film? You know? Like that's really what I want to get to, you know, I'm not big social outside. You know this that you know, if I catch you, I catch you. Just like when we played, y'all, you know, it was my moment. We had a little time. I'm gonna go say what's up? Told you you know what I'm saying, like, show my respect Clays. And I was with Clays and one thing he told me, Man, if you really love his game, you gotta respect it. You got to respect the people who paid it for you. So for me, it was like, I've always you know, and I loved the game. I always loved the game. So for him to say that to me, so it's like when I do play against another guy, I have to you know, I respect you know, I respect the game. I respect what you've done. Not a lot of people have done what you've done. So it was a moment for me to show, you know, show show, show show. My value to you is that I'm coming to get you, bro, and I respect what you do and I love it because I want to be there one day.
Speaker 1: And that club it's a club for a reason. Come join me. I gotta get push. I'm gonna push this bard over for twenty five thirty sacks and come on now you know what I'm saying that just like it, and you all got goals.
Speaker 2: Because because Ryan, he's been showing me a lot of your tape man, and so I've definitely been tapped in a lot more so, you know, and I like what you do. Yeah, I appreciate that, but I can't do what you do.
Speaker 1: No. I mean, look, there's a lot of boods that you do that. I'm like, ah, I'm not, but I know me got a lot of masks to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ryan Nilson came in probably like year six or seven. For me, it was like hey, man, mask kicks, I need you big. And I was like, well, say lest I'm your guy from beginn But I mean it's crazy that you now you got Ryan Nielsen. He's different as a decordinator than it was his D line coach. You get like the relaxed Ryan Nielsen Ryan Nilson DL coach hands on twenty four to seven. I believe he like like he feeling the need to fire you up at every moment. You're like, just take a breath, let me talk to you over here. Let me let me talk to you over here. So we don't have to we don't have to have this, you know, because like you know, when a new coach comes in, you know, it's like he's he pays the way. It's like, hey, my way to the highway, and I'm like, come to this highway real quick. We're gonna make it our way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, you know. And that's that's real that you said that, because you know, I know what I do best, you know, and what I do best kind of doesn't it's not it's not like what he's was like teaches to do. So to have that conversation that sitting down with him, to have that conversation, he coach, this is what I do best, right, and but I do like what he did help me out. He said to to He said three different things. Rush angles, you know, speed rush, got to change the power angle rush. And he made me simplified. He made me like made it so simple. Give him power and he's gonna stop his feet. What you got office a linement are dumb?
Speaker 1: So like it that the same going It was half of the linement, like they're literally cattle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what you do last?
Speaker 1: Like which way did you go?
Speaker 2: George?
Speaker 1: That's the top of the lineman in general, and like there's smarter ones I'm sure that can count the three, but like, you know, for real, it's like it's like if you kill him with the speed, move one one one, put one down, like you can literally just be like all right, now here's my counter. Like all they remember is the last.
Speaker 2: Now that's it, and it's yeah, he told me. He told me those things, and I was like, I want to go train on my own. I'm like, he just made it a lot easier for me. So when I want to study, it's like, you know, when I watch your tape, what angle is he rushing at? Especially if we're playing against a guy that we're about to see this year, Like he worshed with his speed, and what did his feet do? His feet kept going, his feet stopped? So this is my counter. So it's like, you know, putting moves that a lot of people do, But what move can I do? You know, I'm a cross chop. Absolutely, side saisions is not my thing, right, but cross chop? How can I threaten you to get the same reaction that you just got to put him in this position? You know? So there's just things things I think I.
Speaker 1: Stole my side swipe from like Alex okafort I becoming like whatever it is. As I'm watching film, like, you know, my my arm over I've been doing forever, but I took I took that. I took that power move from from Klay's campbell. I'm like, oh that was like after I was like to catch my arm over. I can try and work and work back inside with this. I'm never going to be a hump guy, but I.
Speaker 2: Like I can throw that thing.
Speaker 1: I can, I can try to throw it, like I still I still like different angles from all different rushers. I look at Danil Hunter and I'm like, oh, that long arm crazy and that like he has that that's like his chop is just like vertically down. I'm feeling moves at every like as much film as I watched. I stopped watching film on officeive linemen and started watching film on concepts, schemes and other defensive ends because I love I love the way you know we rush or how you rush or how Trayvon rushes.
Speaker 2: When did you get when'd you When did you get out of that? When did you get out of that? Realm?
Speaker 1: Probably like year three, I was like so focused on like, oh, what's he doing? What's he doing? I could care less what he's doing because it's like he has to work in work within the scheme. He has to work in like if they're a pulling team or motion team, whatever it is, he has to work in his confinements. And then again, offensive linemen like if they were if they were actually athletes, they would have played on the defensive side. And that's like you'd be like, oh, man, he used to be you know, he was a basketball player and now he's fat, so he's an offensive lineman. Or like oh he was a de tackle and he was a tackle, but then he got fat and now he's a guard. You know, like if you were twitchy, you would be on this side. If you you know, if you were as fast as they say, you be on on this side. So I look at them as just you know, they're like, oh he has great obstacles, Like his one job is to hold dear life for three seconds.
Speaker 2: Do you know it's crazy that you say that, because I look at these dudes, that's how can I get them to this arm slab? So when I was here to when I was here for the last summer and they had me up there speaking, but I was so in shock. I'm like, I'm here breaking out my tape. I'm like, uh. And I was talking to uh uh justin Houston, and he was like, Bro, you gotta work on you gotta work on the arm, you know, on the arm sleds. You better be on there every single day, every single day. You gotta know what you do. You gotta trust what you do, because right now I don't like your trusting what you're doing. You gotta go into the trust real. And I'm telling I got you every day I've been to this day, still do I even one at the crib. I got my kids, I got my kids. I'm trying to tell you. I tell my kids. I say, hey, boys, what daddy do for living sack quarterbacks? What y'all do for living sack quarterbacks? So let's do it. It's like training. I get it. Come on, we work, let's work this cross shot. I get my oldest, I gotta work with the eyes closed. I switch it up on my poset and I get back on and got my second boy. He getting quicker on it now, six years old.
Speaker 1: Out there work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we get it because I feel like if I can train them to do it, then I'm always keeping it on my mind. You know what I mean, so I think it kind of that's what I do. So it's like if I can do what I do just without thinking, then it's like who can stop me? In my mind? Because if you if I can't cross chopping, I'm gonna run down your face and start that. And now you're thinking about me running out your face.
Speaker 1: And that I cross I'm thinking at it.
Speaker 2: So it's you know, everything got a plan in my mind. But you know right now to eighty five Oh me too, eighty five dollars system, Yeah, come.
Speaker 1: On in mass kicks ass more power, Okay, And I've been liking it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've been liking it.
Speaker 1: Look you say that until you like fifty snaps in in that back.
Speaker 2: That back. They told me, they, Josh, I know you like to play, well, we're gonna have to rotate you a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I gotta fill it out, coach. And we argued about that for a little bit. But I'm starting to understand the reason and of the madness. But I like to play, right. I got that from Kalayis. Kalays he never want to get out the game. I used to hate playing behind class, but Clays, I got you it's it's ten players in class. I'm good, man, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 2: I'm about the game. Bro Come on, man, let me get it up. But uh, but I feel like the longer I can get into a.
Speaker 1: Groove, you feel, you feel the flow, and you feel like.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing I ain't see this. Look at this hill he leaning on he rockets, you know. It's like, you know, those are things I get when I'm in the when I'm in the game. If i'm watching, I'm not I'm watching this day, I'm looking at the ball, rust a run or it's I'm not you.
Speaker 1: Know, absolutely, that flowed the game.
Speaker 2: It's serious, it's real.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Tell me about this. You like, you've had You've had rushers, but now you've got Trayvon Walker on the other side. Uh, what if you've given him so his game is like you become a counterpart to him, you know, so they have to worry about you and him, you know, they double team you. They got to work about Trayvon or you know, whatever whatever he's doing. You know, if you guys switch sides, it's like, what are you looking looking at his moves or is he looking at you? Or it's like, how are you guys rushing the corrala quarterback?
Speaker 2: I think it's a trust. I always tell him to trust himself. You know you didn't. You didn't get here for no reason. You know, and trust your process and trust your moves. You know what I'm saying, Like I just told you, I know what moves. I know I can win on. I've trained it, I've trusted it. I've instilled it in my mind and body that I can work these moves and you and now I can do it. Trey, you have to do the same thing. You have to mold your body. What do you do best? His get off? His get off is insane, Like getting to point A to point B is probably the best I've ever seen in person. You know, he's strong, he's long. So it's just like, okay, you're fighting this dude. Your get off is five yards, ten yards and two steps? Right now? You on them because you just naturally like that, Well, how are you gonna beat him? Now? Like when you get on them, what are you gonna do? What's your plan?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Run down? Well, okay, well if he started that, then what's your next plan? Now? It's angles? So now if you keep running with this, you know, you power angle them, but you get him sized scissors? Right, How is that working?
Speaker 1: How are you making it?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So you gotta really you know, And there's been games where Bro just consistently just whipping dudes, you know, because he knows what he's doing, you know what I'm saying. So I think just consistently like being on top of him and helping him out because you know, I always felt like, you know, I'm just do this by myself, but also be accountable for everybody else. But now it's like trade. But we've also had times with Trade, you know, right, we know that they running a time or not inside. All right, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go. You go hard quarterback flush and you know you really feed if you step up, it's me if he if he flushed around, it's got to be you.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And that's one thing with Tray two is like having that trust with each other because it was it all changed for me. We played Miami in the preseason and we did a flush game and like in practice, we did it and Tray stopped, like he didn't finish the flush. He just stopped and the quarterback just flushed out, and so it was like, bro, you gotta do it. And then in the game we did it, did the same thing. He stopped at the quarterback flushed out. So it was like it was like that moment where it was like, no more, everything that we do, everything that we trained for in practice is going to happen. So let's not train bad habits in practice and walk through and all the things that we do. Let's make sure we're excellent and everything we do so when we get into the game, is it's even better or it's better, you know what I mean, Like at least have that habit of doing it. So you know, that's one thing that we just talk about all the time, like in practice, Like you know, when we communicate, we communicate it ain't know like yeah, yeah, I hear you. Nah. If you tell me you want to work something, you want to work something, I trust you. I trust what you see. I'm gonna do it. And it goes vice versas, but not only us, but the interior as well. Hey hey, I got an exit right here. I've been watching on tape second and long. He likes to just tag like a kickset, so boo, and that's gonna give you a lot Hey texted, texted, or goose it or you know what I'm saying, hit that ads because he's coming out to me, or we can run a quick exit because he's bailing. So it's just like having that trust, and that's where I want to get to. It's like having that trust between the line that you know, when me and Clay's rushed it said one thing. We said one or two things to each other and it was like sack because we trusted each other. He said something, Hey, Jo's run a text.
Speaker 1: You're all right, cool, gotta run it. Boom, I'm hitting it. Text sack.
Speaker 2: Hey, Clay's exit, exit, got you your fellow but booom exit Sack. You know what I'm saying. So, but we had that trust, and that was the thing that we was hanging out outside the building as well. So it's like we had like I want to bring that officially to Jacksonville, you know, and I think we got a lot of we got a good core now that's been there. Yeah, So it's like I know what we're getting into and I know what we can be.
Speaker 1: Think about this when you're setting up moves right on the edge to understand angles. It's a lot like hooping, right, It's about getting your man off centered. So like in my mind, if I'm on the edge and I'm like yo, and like you know, when you're really teeing off you have two three sacks or you're just killing your dude, he go to the sideline. I'm like, I'm hooping right now. I'm in my bag. I heard you. I heard you hoop back in the gap, right, got a little little basketball to you. Does that Do you think that helps you out to play football? Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it definitely care But you don't want to have that mindset, that basketball mindset playing for nobody. I said, that's what I said.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, like the ability to isol the ability to shift your weight to shift angles, like you know when you exactly that band for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean definitely when I look at uh, when I watched Vron, you know back in because I told you I've been on the Super Bowl journey, right, So when I watched back to the fifteen when he went on that little run, he was the best player in the playoffs whole every game. And the way for him to work that bending keep going full speed is just how do you do that? How do you work that? How do you get to that angle? Like what was your mindset? What was your what was your thought process? Like what what did you do to get yourself in that position at all times? If that was the that was because he was just power rushing and as soon as he stopped his feet just running around him. So it's like that's the that's like you're about to cross. So I can see it all relate. Obviously. I come from a basketball family as well. Right If you know my sister in w n B A, So I watch her a lot, and she a big post player, and I love seeing her get in the post because the idea get a post, everybody back on the sheet work in that spere. So I think body position all matters. You having a power angle, I'm rushing you, I just ran down your face. I might know I might not a one, but you felt me run on your face. So now when I give you that same illusion, just like you said, they don't get that same illusion, you're gonna stop your feet getting ready.
Speaker 1: To catch it.
Speaker 2: Now you can't recover. So I think it, dude, got a good you know, I think it does matter.
Speaker 1: Foundation where it transfers over absolutely, now do you agree with? You know, was that a month ago, a month and a half ago when Austin Rivers hit everybody with the there's more NBA players that could transfer over to the NFL, the NFL, the NBA, And I was like, that don't make sense, Like we're talking about height differential. And even then, who like Austin Rivers. I'm like, I'm saying, who would like? Who would who could? Who could play? Who could have a successful career from the NBA to NFL?
Speaker 2: Right? Them dudes is huge, They're tall, bro Polo. I went to the Magic playoff game man and I took a picture. But I'm big, right, you know. I took a picture about this dude. This dude is mass tall. How do you play?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What do you play? Would you play? You play tight end?
Speaker 1: You're dying, You're you're getting her, You're dying. You can't you can't run over the middle. But it's over. It's over anything six seven and above you at tight end, you're just a red zone threat or your your career is over.
Speaker 2: Them boys not playing receiver, right, the boys not playing running? But who playing running back?
Speaker 1: Look? I see I see basketball players like like run routes and they look like Buddy off of off of American whatever, bro, And I'm like, like, it's it's just be upset, like, man, I really got it like that.
Speaker 2: But guys can really hoop like we got hooping. We got there's some people in the in the NFL that can really holp like and we the same size as them, something somewhat to threes. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We got a lot of fire one two threes for sure. Translatable for I'm not gonna lie to you. There's not twenty guys that are six eight and above.
Speaker 2: And Trayvon shout out to Trey. Trey's a dog. He's a whole. Yes, Travon Walker, He's a dog like dog in the post. Yeah, you know, I used to be trying to hate because like but then I'm really watching like damn, I got it, damn like big body like and it looked good too, bro, real smooth, okayes.
Speaker 1: Who's the Who's the h last? What I have for you is is who's the best dresser on your team? Best dressed game? They fits in and out, not just not just oh he was killing them one week consistency.
Speaker 2: We got a couple of guys. We had a couple of guys. Can I put myself in it? You can if you think if you can definitely put myself on there. You know, I'm more of a classical you know, if you know, you know type of dude, you know, but looking really clean. We got Roy who wears like a lot of colorful, you know, suits and who can really put it together. Big Roy, Big Roy. And you got got Cisco, Roy Robinson, Robinson Harris, Yeah, you got him. And then you got Andre Cisco, who's more of the you know, the the uh retro or more up to date fashion trends. He come out with some stuff I like, uh, Kurt.
Speaker 1: Kurt Kirk is like five. Now that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'll be good one hundred ten pounds Okay. He used to fit everything, thank you. Okay, Just like I say that with shoe sizes, like, dude, man, you can't cut to me on the you wear thirteen, dude, I can't wear those dudes.
Speaker 1: I gotta see.
Speaker 2: I gotta win my Zenians dogs just to wear black sneakers. You know what I'm saying. I got the Gucci, I got I got I got wear Zena shoes, right, But it's all for the big guys.
Speaker 1: Bro, Like, it gets hard, it gets hard to drip, and yet we find the way. You don't say drip, don't drown.
Speaker 2: No, what's the hair do this year? Bro?
Speaker 1: Man, I'm just too stranding up, bro, I'm just just saying light. I've been I've been playoff list for for like three years. I'm focused in. I might even chop it all off, just like I could kill all maintenance work. But I'm I'm focused in. I'm locked in. We're gonna make it real simple. I was gonna have fun with it. I was like, bro, like three years of no playoffs, you don't get to have fun. I need to win a super Bowl, like I've got. I got two years left in this thing. You know, congratulations too, they just get paid.
Speaker 2: No, that's just an extension, bro, Like yeah, congratulations though.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, give me a Year fifteen. Man, we just slide in.
Speaker 2: Congratulations on that too, but put the same franchise. It's tough, you know. I'm trying to be right behind.
Speaker 1: Year fourteen coming in doing a super Bowl. I said, hopefully I'll see you there, yescause I'm being that thing, yes, sir, but appreciate you jumping on the pod. Shout out to everybody who has made you the man that you are today, because clearly you got your head on the right way. And I just want to say thank you for stopping by off the edge with me and your host Cam j Hey, I just like looking back at him to look back at you, to look back at him.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you bro always brother, Appreciate you having me on