Speaker 1: Look mare, oh, I see you am I own and look over there is that culture Yes, goodness, wow lost cult dingda last culturistas calling.
Speaker 2: What we were saying before we got on was that I went to the movie theaters.
Speaker 1: You went to the movie theaters. But it depends on which one you went to, doesn't It depends on the brand.
Speaker 2: I had a worse experience because I didn't go to an AMC and see Nicole first.
Speaker 1: At what point will we say, ah, God, there's no way that I asked this question without sounding awful.
Speaker 2: But you know that no matter how you sound, I will understand.
Speaker 1: I know you do. I can't say that for them. Please understand me when I ask this, Have compassion. Have compassion for me for whatever he sounds like. In the next second or two, just have compassion. And in the seconds beyond, I think, when will it not be a sort of security blanket kind of thing. Are you coming for me? I'm not coming for you, I'm coming for like.
Speaker 2: At some point we're gonna have to free Nicole from this, I understand. And here's what I'm actually gonna come out and say, Okay, this is actually really crazy to even go here because our guest today is actually the Nicole authority, one of the Nicole girls.
Speaker 1: Yes, and Naomi Darling may one of the things that's happening in culture is the Nicole kidman amc thing.
Speaker 2: We're getting diminishing returns. The cheers are starting to get less. And I've been to the cinema and it felt like last year like everyone was like screaming or gagging for Nicole, and now it's kind of like, I think what we need is a.
Speaker 1: Two point zero version of it. Well, first of all, there's no way the two point zero lives up to the one. Oh, I would agree, And this is why you go out while you're on top. And oh my gosh, and I think we've like we've lost that threat. And I please have compassion for me as I say this, And it makes you get all self conscious to go to a regal. Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: You just notice when it's not there, and to the point where I'm like, oh, is it now? Put of the movie go experience, which is a testament to her Stark quall. Absolutely, you know what I mean. But like here's what I'll say. I really don't want to see I don't want to see any Nicole Kidman amc gay Halloween costumes come October. I want to see two things, Barbie and Ariano Maddox at the vander.
Speaker 1: Pump reunion and the revenge dress. And the revenge dress.
Speaker 2: I want to see all my gay guys trying to get into that garment, which, by the way, is not a practical garment for a reunion, because but.
Speaker 1: She looked amazing sitting She looked incredible. She really pulled it off, didn't she. She really did. And I want to see my General Allions is out there.
Speaker 2: Oh, that would be really good at Genallion's costumes.
Speaker 1: With what she calls the landing strip. Yeah, not exactly what she thinks it means, no, not, But you know, I think.
Speaker 2: That we both could be General Lions.
Speaker 1: I mean yes, both of us, you and I. We would both represent different parts of General Lions. What part would you That would be General Lions pre Veneers and you would be General Lions the binary the binary pre even years, and you would be gena lines posts nos job, which I only say that because it's all genetic condition and like, I actually think this is an amazing case study, and like get the work done. It's all gender affirming care do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Well, speaking on this, did you know that right now there was a news article that says that Hollywood actresses are in mass getting work done right now during the strike. So they're going to their doctors, and there is actually a huge movement amongst Hollywood A listers and B listers. Oh, don't forget the B. It's actually real culture number forty nine. Don't forget the B listeners. They're all moving to get their work done now right because the strike is going to go on for a while. So we're going to be seeing all the girls with the new faces, knees, shoulders toester, full headed transplants.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. I say, get them, get them. Should we get some I might get a little little third eye, little trip third eye. I want a third eye. Speaking of the third eye, I think this is a perfect transition.
Speaker 2: There is some cards on the table and cards on the table. There's some cards on the table. Thank you, we have Can I just see what the deck is?
Speaker 1: Here we go. We've brought our system. Ask your guides or oracle cards. We need to get into these.
Speaker 2: We're going to get into these. I don't trust anyone to tell me my fortune like my girl. And this actually is a moment in Lost Colt history because I think probably the number one most referenced person on the podcast is probably Suitimh. But that's only because we've known her much longer, right, We've been known Sudy for decades.
Speaker 1: But there was a before and after the movement on a moment to movement on a moment of one day, my sister shows up and goes I was talking to House, and I was like who, And then I didn't even have to ask it out loud because I was like, there's that guy. He felt threatened. I did not feel threatened. I was actually so overjoyed. Why are you shaking your leg? I was not. No. My sister moves out to La. I miss her terribly, and then I see this person come into her life and I say, it's all gonna be okay, and I said I had to bring her into your life. And then it was kind of a beautiful moment. I'll never forget. I love House so much. I love House as in the unit House and the individuals that COMPRISEE House.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is the big episode for the readers because they get to meet House and what I'm pointing to on the table cards on the table are these astral guides orcle cards, And he said he was going to bring these to the podcast recording, and I sort of just in the back of my mind was like, I don't think he even really does that. And then you came in and asked do you do this? And he said no, oh no. It was actually the lovely woman we just met.
Speaker 1: It was Enid who asked do you do this? And he said no, but I can do it, yeah, which is a perfect way to answer.
Speaker 2: That's actually something that everyone out there needs to know about astrology. Even if you can't do it, you can do it because like, watch this. So I've pulled out this card. This is intuition and in her child. So what I'm seeing for you not a terror card, by the way. What I'm saying for you is that you need to honor yourself. And if you don't start honoring yourself now, you never will bowen. And if you're not laughing and smiling and playing with the inner child every day, you're doing it wrong.
Speaker 1: I am literally on a reparenting journey. And how could you have drawn that card were it not for the cosmos? I have the gift, and so does our guests, and so does Sonia Choquette cat choke cat. Oh, I got me in the bedroom. They called me a chokeet. I'll be Oh, so you're you're the choke curb. I actually hate choking sexually. Yeah, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I don't like when people because people also get crazy about it.
Speaker 1: It's hard to regulate. Well, yeah, because you can't breathe listen. If you like choking, I bet you're a damn Republican because you hate the regulation. Okay, Oh my god, I'm so shook. I know. I think we need to cut straight to this and our guests, and wouldn't you say, ladies.
Speaker 2: And gentlemen and non binary friends, please welcome into your ears house aka Patrick Rogers.
Speaker 1: And now they get to hear your iconic like Midwestern voice finally say the word house India. Yeah, Indiana born, corn fed, Midwest best. Oh. And I bet that people when they knew they would come on the podcast, when they went on today, they thought that you would have a voice sort of like us, like sort of a faggy voice. Yes. And then you sort of come.
Speaker 2: In and you have sort of this like authoritative yes, what would you say?
Speaker 1: How would you sort of a choker voice? Oh? Oh, you know, choke if they like it? Yeah, I mean, you know, Bottom's choice.
Speaker 2: Bottom's choice is what I say, a title of that?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 2: I was thinking the title of that would be house, but already it's bottoms choice.
Speaker 1: Bottom. Now, can we go back to something you could Nicole Kidman? Yes? Because I feel like yeah, So I think one thing we have to say is anything that is that iconic and prolific needs to end at some point, because it's like in Christopher Nolan's Batman. You become the enemy story. That's what's what they say. That's what they say in the movie. You become the enemy of the story. If you're not, we can't keep doing the same mad and a sequel, honey, come on, there's never going to be anything better than the original. But didn't they say that she was filming a sequel. They said that they were writing it. They've been writing it for two years. Apparently it's not been And I don't blame them, yeah, of course for not approving, and for right for taking us on a right but I will say, you go, you set in your AMC. You've got your slushyet, oh know, you got your popcorn? Nicole comes on and whether the movie is bad, whether the movie is good, you're you're in your entertainment church. She is the pastor saying, come on in, baby Girl and just relax and enjoy yourself. And it's nice to be led into that. I think that's a really nice way to start a film. So the murder you stand on this, then should it and or should it be a pastor? It could never It can never be again. It can never be again with her, But my god, they should try something else. Maybe darling Ney could do something. Darling Ney could do something, well, then that would that really does come off as like Nicole didn't want to do it. Yeah, it should be. It should be like Anya Taylor Joy, I thought, you're about to say enya and yeah into the and you should be back and you should should be back. Did you ever act? She can say music that's usually number eighty? Did Anya ever act? Who can say? And yeah? At the Oscars? May it be Lord of the Rings of the Ring. I was saying, this woman is a performer, insane, insane, it is. It's a disservice that she's in Ireland in her castle with her ca and she will not leave. She will not leave, She will not see us anymore. She doesn't care, she doesn't care. Do you think she has a recording studio in the cast she does? Okay, you know this. Yes, there's an article, famous article from five years ago where they're like, Enya's this trope reclose they go, they talk to people around her. There's all this stuff about her cast, soule, her studio and there and stuff. It's fascinating. It's Irish Bure. It's very Irish bureky, very Kate Bush. You know, are weird girls who we love. I love it. You know when they were saying that Billie Eilish is the new Kate Bush and we all laughed, and now I get it. I cried and I cried, but I get what they're saying, like young prodigy, kind of like doing something different. Yes, anyway, I just wanted to put that out. No, I think it's an interesting comparison. I think it's more interesting that than when people say, like Karen kolicheck Karin, which I don't think is necessarily a similar We love her, we love her, God, my God, we stand, we stand. I don't think that that's really two of the same things.
Speaker 2: I just watched that they were just released again. You know how Billy Irish says the same interview yes every year, every year, so this is the sixth one, and I think it is a thing of like Nicole, it might be needing to end, because it's getting to the point now where she is like watching herself from six years past and she's kind of just like yeah, man, Like I feel like it feel like the loop has closed on it. Whereas it's like, I don't know how much longer she'll do it. But Billie Eilish as of late seems like a very adult person, whereas like, I think what's been fun about those Billie Eilish interviews is it's like watching it out like how she goes, like look how she changes, and now she's just sitting there and she's just like, Wow, I can't believe I've done this every year.
Speaker 1: I really was young.
Speaker 2: And there's nothing else being offered in the vein of why we're interviewing her. It's just like it's been a thing.
Speaker 1: I like the concept. It doesn't have to be like Richard Linkleader like I do like her more and more. Oh, totally. Yeah. You know that little Barbie song, the Barbie's song, Oh my well in the film too perfect moment in there. I saw it again last night and I almost cried. Wow.
Speaker 2: I've had more emotional reaction the second time seeing it than I did the first. The first I was kind of just like overwhelmed and like I can't believe this movie, Like wow. And then the second time, I think I was ready to receive the messages a little bit more and I was really really moved by it. And that part is like when they show all the images and cuts of different like women and girls throughout their life.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is pretty special. I was moved. I was moved. I was teary eyed. I laughed, I got teary eyed. I had full, you know, emotional story. Even on lexapro and especially you can do it. You can do it, you can do it. Should we confess something you and I our experience with another movie? Oh? I think we should. I think we should.
Speaker 2: I think everyone, here's what we're gonna say.
Speaker 1: And you know this is special, Ops, Lioness, is this what we're talking about?
Speaker 2: No, we didn't make it through Oppenhamer.
Speaker 1: We saw it in a theater, movie theater neither nor regal, tough village East by Angelica, huge theater of many happy memories. In that theater, I've seen the room there from plastic spoons at the screen there. I have seen a classic New York theater, classic theater. Stop Bridesmaid's there the first time, I was like, I will always remember this moment, you know, I will always remember this moment of open him because one the concessions line was too long, down the block, down the block, in a manner of speaking, And then the movie itself, our main thing was is Filip Hugh gonna have tits out. Every scene she's in, she deserves better than this. Is Emily Blunt going to be an alcoholic nag, And every scene Che's in, she deserves better than this. And then that's like.
Speaker 2: The theme of Christopher Nolan's filmography is that the women in them deserved much better than that. But like, I mean literally, like my thing with it was with my one precious life. No more three hour movies.
Speaker 1: And they're gonna keep coming. Well yeah, I mean they show no signs of stopping.
Speaker 2: But my thing is like, by the time Barbie is over, the bomb has an even gone off.
Speaker 1: And right, right right, and the bomb was going off in little ways up until the hour and a half mark for us anyway, where Matt was truly jumping out of his seat and we were like, this is not did you see this? I haven't? Yeah, right, And if you enjoy it, please, If anyone enjoys this movie, I celebrate. But for us in that moment on a Monday night, after the weekend we had, when did we do that weekend?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think we just like hung out a big week a big weekend of hanging out. But you were so relaxed from that and then to go into Oppenheimer get jilted around.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is what I wanted to say about the Angelica of it all.
Speaker 1: You feel it. And this is not a drag on them.
Speaker 2: It's kind of a drag on the movie because I realize I've had this problem with Christopher.
Speaker 1: Nolan's movies a lot. I can't hear them, like when I saw an Interstellar in what I thought was a great movie theater years ago, like I've given that movie the benefit of the doubt, and I tend to give his movies the benefit of the doubt. Actually I'm a huge fan of his.
Speaker 2: I couldn't hear this movie, and I could not hear Interstellar, to the point where I was just like.
Speaker 1: What is it like? Is it just that everything is so The score was so it just.
Speaker 2: Covered the whole movie in a way that his scores do, and I was just like, girl, I can't.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen the film yet, and I'm a big Christopher Nolan fan, so I'm excited to going back, Yes, going way back. I just mentioned Batman. You know who else has heard of that film? No, but I will say I saw Tenet when it was out around the pandemic, and that film was so confusing. Yeah, I felt like my grandmother trying to watch Matrix. Yeah. I kept turning to my friend being like, what what is going on? I went to college, you know, I'm not educated. I know some stuff. I couldn't figure out who was what. And poor Elizabeth the bickie legs in the air. She looked eight feet taller than everybody. He didn't know how to shoot her, and you know, a six foot three man. I respect these tall girls. Yes, I respect these tall girls. And I don't like when men don't know how to film the Yeah, they got her in an suv, legs out in the air, she's looking like good for the big red dog. Yeah, it's just it's a sick way to treat a woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, I would agree. And you know the thing is in this film, How'm told do you think Emily Blunt is five nine?
Speaker 1: She looked five eleven? I don't know what that is. It's he's filming them from up, try to get up their skirt. Why are they looking? So here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Why would literally to go back to the Florence feel of it all? She really was nude the entire movie. And then you're gonna not be able to handle it. And there's and that's my girl.
Speaker 1: I know. We love flow. The reason is that, like there's secks, no problem, we love heard of it, heard of it. But then like that character, that person in real life, like sad little ending there. Then where's Killian's cock? Okay, I'm sorry, but like if why is the woman nude the whole time? Yeah, you get flow tits, you get Killian cock. That's the equation. That's the equation for a film. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: Because on paper, every project looks like it's gonna.
Speaker 1: Sligh yes, right, so you can see why she would want to do something like this. Christopher Nolan is one of our current O Tours of Cinema. I think any actor actress would kill to have a role. Of course, I think she saw the role. At least it wasn't the housewife. You know. I'm sure she thought there was something interesting there. She's never done sex like that. I mean, I'm thinking Lady Macbeth was there that much. I don't think so. Right when Harry styles ate her out and don't worry darling, and.
Speaker 2: Then she was pissed about it. Remember she was like, stop producing this movie to just the sex. Because then Olivia Wilde was out there being like in my movie only the women come. Remember that narrative, Olivia Wilde and my movie only the Women Come. And then you find out at the end, like all the women are being brutalized.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, yeah, they come to grips.
Speaker 2: They come to grips with the fact that they're oppressor. Oh god, but flow, you know what flow? I think?
Speaker 1: Well, I was gonna say, Emily probably looked at the scripts said I'm the now wife. But at least I'm on a horse and they can shoot me tall. Fun to be on a horse, I'll say that, Yeah, you know, it's actually not fun, not fun to be a horse, run horse for camera. Guess what this crew and I love his crew, but this crew decided to have a drone and of course the horse don't know what the fuck that is. And then I almost died. Almost. I didn't tell you this almost died, And I wasn't a narrative that you came back with. Well, there were the other Marion from island was that I had a piece of use toilet paper, my own used toilet paper, stuck to my shoe. And then everybody on set saw and walking around set with a shitty with from his with a big groun on my pants, the big old brown. But the other a ic, the other rats was riding on horses and once you know the drone, even hundreds of yards away. These horses can clock. They were spoke, Yes, they were spooking. Then I almost a horse can clock. A horse could clock, horse could clock famous famous. So you almost got booked. I almost got bucked. And there was part of me though that I was like, this is a good way to.
Speaker 2: Go, chic way to die. And Yang was on set in Iceland. He was thrown from a horse and passed.
Speaker 1: Now I remember the narrative you loved Iceland because I just got back from Ice. Tell us about your Iceland experience. Iceland is one of the most magical places I've ever been. The people are so funny, a deeply funny people. I've never seen you so happy that when you came back it was one of the best vacations I've ever taken in my life. First of all with Josh and Aaron, who the readers know, and they're just the easiest people to travel with. I mean, you know, we've done Fire Island with them. They're very easy people to be around, and they know people from their improv days. Big improv scene in Iceland, big huge improv scene. You'd never who would guess I wouldn't guess that. And so their friends from improv have a summer house. Take us to the summerhouse in the south of Iceland. Waterfalls everywhere. We're going to Foss Goga Fos, which is their backyard Foss. We're seeing puffins and manatees eat. They eat the puffin there. I did not. I did not partake not great puff a gorgeous little bird, the sport not off, not off, not often. It's like an old Icelandic tradition, but they don't really keep it up with it anymore. They eat puffins, don't They don't. But no, it was just like the people were amazing. Raichvic's so darn cute and charming. They're obsessed with water. I house knows this house and I used to go every Sunday to we Spaw in La when we both lived there. It's just one of the great institutions. And I was saying, we're going to need to do that soon. It looks amazing. It's amazing, Jersey. It was what I was going to do before. Beyond five floors. It's incredible.
Speaker 2: We you also need to join us at the when we went to the Governor's the Governor's Island SPA.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit of a truck, but so is Jersey. I'll go, I'll go. It's a trek, but you take the ferry right there. They like have their own fais so you know it's spot fair. But anyway, they're obsessed with spot culture. Where did you go? Do you go to Winter Blue? Did you go to sky Lagoon? I think so. I can't remember the other name. It's outside Rykovic, but I think it's sky. But you're on the water and you're in like these rocks and you're in the water in a hoot lagoon. It's insane. Now can I ask when they say hot lagoon? Just how hot? A perfect ninety two? And you walk up and they with all of these they've walk up bars and you have your like wrists things to your clock. Let me get an apperall sprits clock. Let me get a da da da clock. Let me get some wine as I'm tipsy as hell. Look at you would love this is so looking at the stunning ocean, the clouds are passing by. It's in summer. It's a nice sixty degrees like it was. Just that was the part of it. And then I said, let's go for New Year's Eve. And then they said, well that's when there's only three and a half hours or sunlight or whatever. Yeah, and no one's going out. That's what I heard. Highest density of puffin of puffin of in the highest sensity of people who write novels per population. Isn't that beautiful? This novelists per capita. Yes. Fascinating fact about Iceland. This is the thing about Iceland and the Icelandic people. There is no original sin. The Vikings just got there. No one was there. Let's build a town. They didn't have to kill anybody. Nope, didn't have to like make anybody feel crazy or they don't have the guilt, they don't have the shame. And I'll tell you what's one cool. Other thing is that there's only one real gay bar because gay queer people are so integrated into the culture that they don't need for their own safe little space. They don't really need it. They're out at all the straight bars with everybody else chilling hanging out. I was like, this is so cool. Yeah, Like it was very very special. And the actors there, oh, I just say the people who played my family. I probably talked about this already on nor from Queens. It was like the Meryl Streep of Iceland, and it was like the like leading character actor of Iceland, and they've known each for thirty years, like, hey, how are you? And then they like they're like, we love doing comedy because they're like all we do here are like Nordic noirs and it's so depressing. Everyone's getting raped and killed on our shows, it's always girl with the dragon tattoo. And then they're like this is this is fun. They're like, we want more comedies.
Speaker 2: So you go there, it's like this incredible community spirit. And then the reason why you were there was.
Speaker 1: To see York. Let's talk about this. So basically what happened was New York was supposed to do her concert. There she's doing like a flute or castral moment. Yes, well, I saw she couldn't make get the flutes to Iceland because of some it was. It was it was a supply, yeah, and so she was like, shoot, well, anyone who is outside of Iceland and bought flights, I'm gonna do a DJ set for you. Said shoot, she said darn it. She said darn it. And so she said, I'm gonna do a fabulous little DJ set for you.
Speaker 2: And so, so the way it always explained to me was there was supposed to be a big concerent in Iceland, and then she said, I'm canceling it if you are from Iceland.
Speaker 1: Sorry, girl.
Speaker 2: Obvious international ticket holders got special dejas, Yet.
Speaker 1: How could they tell based on like where you purchased? Well, I'm sure your credit card you understand, you understand. So anyway, we go there. She holds it. It her friend's art gallery. It's one hundred people, that's it, and she it's we're scheduled. It's supposed to be like two and a half hours, and we're like, is she going to do a full two and a half hour DJ set? So we get there. She's in her garb, she dressed up. The girl is fully in a green wig and like there's some fun guys outside out out of her and like she's wearing like a gown and like a cape and the full thing. And she's just up top, like five feet above us, just like a little bit above us, and like saying hi. And then she does a two and a half hour set. She starts with forty minutes of classical remixes that she does herself into tropical beats, into hardcore wrap into like indie remix. It is the most insane DJ set I've ever heard in my life. And she's just like fully like jumping with the audience, like getting her life, sweating her tits off. It was unreal, one of like the most sacred experiences I've had. She was amazing, this woman. Did you ever listen to the podcasts. Yeah album. Yes, this woman knows music in a way that you would never believe. It knows everything about everything. It's crazy. I mean even sugar Cubes. I mean she was like eleven writing insane music. I mean she is a prodigy in like the truest sense and continue used to evolve, which is exciting to like have an artist you've loved since you were a kid and they keep doing new things. You know, doesn't always happen, doesn't always happen. You know, like it's really interesting when you have someone who has that stamina. Yes, because that they don't all because some of them are holl up in their Irish castles with their cats and their cats and won't say hi to me. Is that kind of flop though? I mean, are we let's let's take any of the task because come on, come on, we need it. We give it to us.
Speaker 2: What is the other end your song that's really good? It's only time.
Speaker 1: Sail Away? That is a fucking gorgeous song. What was the CD that was like Pure Moods that would come on your Celtic Moods Celtic and that song was always blasting on the TV. They're selling that CD in that Celtic moods. Celtic moods speaking of people who like continue to evolve and stuff. We did just see Beyonce this week. I mean the East Rutherford show.
Speaker 2: And I love when I love Whenever anyone plays MetLife and they go New.
Speaker 1: Jersey, contractually, I think they can't say New York. You know what I would do if I was one of the girls, and I'm gonna act it out if I was taking And this is you have to understand. When Taylor Swift is on stage at MetLife, she's Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, unless it's the Evermore or Folklore's She's only.
Speaker 1: Taylor Swift when it's Evere and when she does the surprise songs go.
Speaker 2: And also you could argue that Taylor Swift makes an appearance sometimes in the Fearless section. So this is my impression of what I would do as Taylor Swift if I'm on stage at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, be cheering for me.
Speaker 1: Woo yes, thank you everyone, It's so fun to be in New Jersey tonight. Hi, New York. Then I would go. But you know what she did in nineteen eighty nine. I think I have a pretty solid memory of this, and it's been you know, documented recorded. I think she went, it's nice to be in Jersey. Some people came in from New York and even Connecticut. You saw Taylor. It sucks Clay blank space. I think my girl. I think she felt like she had the responsibility to do the entire tri state, you know what I mean. Yeah, she was like some fishermen from May. Yeah, Rhode Island, Queens. Stand up. All of a sudden, she becomes like Road Island, Queen, Roe Island, Queens.
Speaker 2: What So this is a Taylor Swift community right here. What do you think? And I'm really already willing to jump ahead? What do you think is the next era of Taylor?
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, it's August first, So let's say salt are August prayer, and that's August prayer. So I'm glad we got to that. Yeah, you know, because let's break down all the Okay, next Sarah Swift. Taylor Swift was very much Taylor Swift, like I'm country girl. Then Fearless was country superstar, country superstar. Let me dip into faith Hill esthetic let me dip into Yeah, the Golden Girl, Golden Girl from the Country. Then we speak now was Disney Disney Princess. Yes, Red was pop crossover country super star. Yeah, I'm a woman. I'm a woman.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm a woman, and I've actually been through things, Jake, So now we're ready to talk.
Speaker 1: Where's the scarf?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the scarf and that's like the color of the imagery. That was the first like sort of really, Taylor Swift really started to come out.
Speaker 1: She crept out, she jumped out, and then she jumped back in. And but nineteen eighty nine was Imperial Face pop superstar in New York. Bitch first, Imperial Face. Some might argue, yeah, girlfriends first. Every night is a girl's night, Yes, Barby, very very Barby Harby. Yeah, girls night only, no boys allowed.
Speaker 2: They just can if Margot Robbie was around at the time, like she would have been in the squad like et cetera.
Speaker 1: And she wasn't around at the time. Can you believe we got every single stop she had she was introducing someone to come out on stage. We got Bird, we got Wow from in Treatments, from from in treatment.
Speaker 2: It was so funny because it was literally like I think there was like six models came out and then she literally goes and now.
Speaker 1: You know her from Orders the New Black and.
Speaker 2: Everyone was like and then she was like, oh so Onduba and comes out and stomps everyone screaming.
Speaker 1: Where she did she was ready. First of all, she doesn't not serve. She doesn't not serve. I did do something last year at the Emmys Night before party where I was very excited to see her, the only person I was excited to see, and I did go up here and say I'm a huge fan. She goes, thanks, you're calling her out. I'm calling her out a little bit. I was a little disappointed, and now I know that sometimes I should try to avoid that energy, you know what I mean what it just.
Speaker 2: Makes the circulation and it gets back too Aduba and it's like, oh, no, I know who he was. I don't like him.
Speaker 1: I don't like him. I don't like that. I don't like that God, I don't liked that's the guy from SNL. I don't like him. Comes out.
Speaker 2: I hated Fire Island. She thought as politics were wrong.
Speaker 1: She disagrees. You know, this is like when I went to the SAG Awards and I ran into Robert Mairo and I said, thank god we finally met. Yeah, this is really that's a good line for Robert and he laughed, God, that's really funny. I was drunk as a skunk. Oh yeah, Lewis was fussy, fussy, I was getting my life. Wasn't there someone else you went up to? God? Am I going to say? Zoe Kravitz? I went up to Zoey Kravitz and I held her hand and I said, maybe you can say faggot. He's not giving me from our credit. He said, Baby, in that dress, you can say faggot. I'm sure she could, and I think she can be said thank you maybe in that thank you stay faggot. Yeah, I was having fun, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Did we meet anyone? Every time I've been with you to the Emmys?
Speaker 1: That was sort of like pre well, Michelle Williams and Busy Phillips was that that was an iconic first meeting.
Speaker 2: Yes, Bizzy Phillips was coming back from the bathroom right behind us with Michelle Williams, and she looked at us and she goes, you guys are doing it right with those drinks through double fisting cocktails of course.
Speaker 1: And then did she reveal that she knew who you were. She did not reveal, But then when she came on the podcast, she said that she did know at the time, which I don't busy. I don't think I believe you.
Speaker 2: No, I think she did. I actually think that you are well known.
Speaker 1: It is known who Bowen is not it is it is known, it is known. But uzzo oh, I was going through Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: So what I was saying was that then there was nineteen eighty nine, which was Imperial phase pop star like Nah.
Speaker 1: Then of course there was the.
Speaker 2: Great fall in the media reputation, and then that was the great album reputation, the.
Speaker 1: Greatest, one of the greatest albums of all time. It is so important that we speak that because some of these girls, I think they don't know there. There was a narrative and it got put on that album and it was it was false. There were many lies spread.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you the one of the lies that Taylor told herself was that that album was a failure. Because in the Miss Americana documentary, she she on camera doesn't get the Grammy nominations and she's like, Okay, well, I just have to make a better album and I almost had to stand up and scream at the TV because I was like, no, this was the album.
Speaker 1: This was the you need to say that direct to camera. Reputation was the album, and we've actually said it many times because it actually won Album of the Year again this year. Did the culture No, no, it didn't. It didn't won Best Era. It won the Eras Award for Best another great award, equally equally esteem. So then after that was of course Lover, which was Queer Rights, which was of course I love his love, his love is love. It was the color of rainbow.
Speaker 2: It was giving purple clouds, pink clouds, the Lisa Frank, Lisa Frank, and then we of course had her doing interviews again because reputation was there will be no explanation, there is only reputation. I am not speaking to you because you did me wrong. But if you listen to the music, I'm actually happy, happier than.
Speaker 1: Not. That's not Taylor, No, that's Billy, but keep going.
Speaker 2: Then was followed by Folklore, which was of course pandemic like country Girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a folklore gal. I was just talking to someone about this too over the weekends. The album that turned them onto Taylor. The album that turned Patty Lapone onto Taylor was folk It was Spoke, Remember she tweeted, She was like, Yeah, I just went for a drive with my daughter. We put on the new Taylor Swift album. She's a Poet's better late than Ever, Patty, Yeah, Patty, And you know who Patty likes? Sun Times time writers. Yes, people who know that know that.
Speaker 2: Then after Folklore was of course the superior album of the pandemic, which was ever More.
Speaker 1: This. But House and I are together on this. It is such a powerful state Winter Girls, Winter Girls. There's nothing quite like it. No one's ever written anything quite like it. Which it really takes you back home to your hometown in a way that it's a place. It really puts you there in a way that I think is so specific. And I am still trying to figure the album out. And that's how you know it's still solving.
Speaker 2: During the Evermore era of the Aerostore.
Speaker 1: You hear tis the demn season and that's about the hometown, baby, amen Amen.
Speaker 2: Then Midnights Darkness, it's the theme is of course being up late.
Speaker 1: Yes, the theme is anxiety. Anxiety, The theme is adedive and yet the theme is best. Believe I'm still bejeweled. When I walk in the room.
Speaker 2: I can make the whole place. What is the next era?
Speaker 1: The next well, you know, there are reports that Max Martin and Shellback are back in the studio with her. Yes, what does that mean? It means imperial pop. It means like undeniable pop hooks are coming back. Not that Midnights didn't have the but Midnights was. I think Midnight was less sort of it's a little low fi. It's a little low fight. It's a little bit like vibes, a little bit like it's a little vibes. Yeah, exactly, it's a vibe album.
Speaker 2: It was actually I think exactly what I predicted it would be, which is what did I say? It was like like early two thousands, like yeah, like deaf cat death cab vibes, like I thought that the indie pop era, Yes, indie pop era, Like what's that called that? Such great heights? Yea, yeah, that sort of situation, like yeah, post service like that. That type of thing is the closest we've gotten from her.
Speaker 1: Jack anton Off is deaf and very immersed in that world and very interested in that world. And I think as a consumer of Taylor. I'd be very I'm very interested to see post Jack a little bit more, a little more coke, a little less, Kay you understand? Yeah, yeah, I'm ready to get her back on her feet. Okay, yeah, Okay without Jack, I don't think we need Jack for a minute. I I like what he's done, big fan of that guy. But I just think that artists need to work with new producers and expand themselves. And I think sometimes when you get into these relationships and these patterns, you can be creating similar things for a number of Well, I was, do you think, so? How do you feel about what Jack did to Lord with the Yellow album? The yellow album Yellow Album with Sunset with what's it called called Solar Power?
Speaker 2: Solar Power, which is famously an album that Jack Anzanof did to Lord.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did, I think so. I think that Lord has been a darling of critics for a very long time. And I think sometimes having a miss makes you even greater. And I think sometimes in your early career, having a miss like that can make you hungrier and ready for in a new way, for an era that's more exciting. So I'm hoping that the lesson is, you know, Jack flopped. Now I fly, I hope, I hope, God, I hope.
Speaker 2: So I fucking love Lord.
Speaker 1: But I will say this, there.
Speaker 2: Was not a bone in my body that could get into that album Melodrama.
Speaker 1: That is one of one of the perfect albums of our generation. It's a perfect album, and to go from that to Yellow album, it's shocking shock.
Speaker 2: Maybe there was just like there was this thing and I think there's this thing with Lord where it's like she took a really she took a much bigger swing than I think she thought she. Yeah, yes, because there wasn't anything to latch onto with that album, like even the first single, Like people seemed excited about it for like.
Speaker 1: I was excited for exactly twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say forty eight yea yeah, but like and then it kind of went away and I was just like, yeah, there needs to be something else. Also, maybe it didn't feel as fresh and new as she thought that was gonna sound, because like Harry Styles was kind of doing a similar type thing, leastothetically Anyway, Yeah, I felt like really pop and a lot to latch onto.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense? Yeah? Bad? No, No, No, that makes sense. Ultimately, that which is a house saying. Ultimately, I think that the production wouldn't have stopped it if the writing were better. I do think that that album was not written as well as Melodrama, and I think that the production exacer baited that. Yeah, and I do think that having an album flop like that could very well be great for her. I think there's many lessons in failure, and as many lessons in failure more so probably than in success. And so hopefully, you know, she takes that and makes a really strong, beautifully written album because Melodrama is so well written.
Speaker 2: I mean, actually, with all knowledge of the fact that Melodrama is her greatest work to date, I still prefer Pure Heroin because of where it takes me back to.
Speaker 1: Which is like right after college.
Speaker 2: Right after college, I remember I was like, this is so lame, but I was like very much in like a place I was like experimenting with weed a lot, like smoking a lot of we for the first time, and like listening to like four hundred Lucks and being a little stone and like walking around New York. I felt thought I was like killing it. I'm like, I just love.
Speaker 1: Pure Heroin so so, so so much.
Speaker 2: And then melodrama I can fully respect, is like probably one of the greater albums of.
Speaker 1: The past, like ten years. Who's to say that Solar Power there in like two albums from now is going to be like her reputation, do you know what I mean? Because there really was a stench on that on reputation for a long time. I don't think there was from the media. From the media, I think there definitely was. She wasn't talking about I think that the audience loved reputation. Well, I just remember the day that reputation leaked. I remember this day one person in particular, I won't say his name. It was like, ugh, do you want me to send you Taylor Swift's disgusting bad album? And I already listened to it at that point. I want to be like, I'm enjoying it, was not it. Here's what I'll say.
Speaker 2: I will cup to this when look what you made me do it first came out, I was like, no, yeah, I will go on record as saying yeah, which, by the way, it's now. First of all, when she does it in the concerts, so you're living and screaming, and now I love it and I get it. When it first came out. I think I didn't like the whole angle of like I'm antagonizing the media back after like all this stuff and if you, if you really think about it, like that was such a difference from what she had done that I was just like I did not get it, did not like it, did not.
Speaker 1: Like the video.
Speaker 2: Whereas now I want to go back and I want to like lightly just slap myself in the face a little bit and say you, shame on you.
Speaker 1: But also with Taylor, there's always typically besides anti hero, there's backlash from every lead single. I mean, that's one part of being a Tailor fan is you're always a little off put by the lead single.
Speaker 2: She's made the wrong choice, I think a couple times, for many times, in spite being you know, this master riddler of sorts, the lead.
Speaker 1: Single she gets wrong a lot. It's it's an achilles heel of hers. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know who doesn't ever get the lead single wrong?
Speaker 1: Beyonce. Yeah, Beyonce's lead single is never wrong. Break my soul formation, break.
Speaker 2: My soul was, and you hear it in the concert when you when you're out, break my soul goes off so hard and talk about a little bit of renaissance.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm being stupid, I'm being no, but I that was wrong. Well no, no, but I can kill that instinct, you know what I mean? But what if you hadn't said something, then I would have been out here saying we would have the Reputation World Tour and said, break my soul.
Speaker 2: People would have me we're not fighting, we're kind of back together.
Speaker 1: But I'll tell you why.
Speaker 2: When we would have fought is if he had let me be out here looking like a fucking dumb ass.
Speaker 1: Like I would have. Yeah, I like you would have out here saying we went to the Beyonce show, Reputation, Reputation. I'll tell you what, though, I would like to see Beyonce's cover of Reputation please she would rip it up. Maybe that's Renaissance Part two. Any cover I wish Renaissance Part two is just reputation. Renaissance is just Beyonce recording reputation. Do you guys have any theories on when AT two will be or what it will be?
Speaker 2: Every one of my theories has been wrong and exhausted, like the fact that there's not been any videos at this point. I think it's iconic never give it to us, don't ever give it to us. Also, you know what I've withholding. I love the withholding. Yeah, you know what I've rediscovered. Just besides that for a second, and I do want to talk about this, but I have been all over Tina Knows Lawson's Instagram. That woman makes me laugh so much funny when she joke, she goes, Hi, everybody, it's time for a corny joke. And she'll just tell the worst joke you've ever heard, and she'll and she'll and everyone would being like, you know, that's funny. Like and also she acts sometimes like there's one wait, I have to play it's an actor.
Speaker 1: She's been in movie. There's one she has been in a movie. She was in that movie with she is, I will say, like one of the most charming social media presences. I like social media with older people, like there's less it should be for parents. It's such a it's more enjoyable. I don't like when people are too curated on social media, Like it's fun to just have Beyonce's mom telling Corney jokes and shopping at Costco. You know, this was my favorite video I watched yesterday, actually showed it to my mom. I said, mom, you need to be more like her. It was just on the sidewalk. She's eating. It was on the sidewalk, and this is what she said. She's sitting with sol That is that Angie Bean's It's okay. So it's Tina Knowls giving direct to camera. This is what happens. Hi, We're at a little side watch that fe in Perry not really just New York City. And it's not sex in the City. It's like nuch in the city. Good. We look camera to Angie and Solange and they wave, just eating lunch on the sidewalk. We are about to get our so we're about to get our girl, We're about to get our grub on. I love it. I love it. It's not sex and the City. It's more like lunch in the city. I said, absolutely, so true, so true. Perfect. The simplest joke structure I would say, which is we're out side on the little cafe and Perry, not really, we're in New York City. That's Tana Knowles. She really has it. I will say. In that family, you don't get a ton of comedy. No, you really don't consense gold member, and it's nice to have one of them be a comedy girl, you know, my god, and you realize, like, oh, so she's the comedy girl, you know, because you got the serious daughter, the indie daughter, right, and then you got the mom who's the comedy queen. She's more wacky, Like I might do more jokes, I will say. I wanted to say about the concert. What I appreciated was when America has a problem, when she's in her b uniform comedy, it's campy and really silly, and it's the most campy I've seen her in years. It's really fun, Like I just love seeing her with that little wiggle in her bee costume. It's so silly. There was comedy in the show when she goes to sleep, Yes, cozy, Yeah, that's comedy. And you know what, it's not comedy, but you can tell she's like because formation I would say it was like her like I do stadiums down and it was severe and.
Speaker 2: It was it was very like we're here on a mission, galvinized.
Speaker 1: And that album is very is incredibly like personally like heavy, politically heavy. All of that renaissance is the first time we've seen her in years. Be like the key changes during Love on Top. Like the look she's getting, she's like, oh, like, she's like she's just having fun. She was, she was.
Speaker 2: I think she even said she's like, it's about enjoying life.
Speaker 1: She said it. During the concert, she gave a Wendy Williams, Oh.
Speaker 2: I don't think she expected as many key changes as she literally cut us off key changes.
Speaker 1: She said, okay, give yourselves around applause, and it was a little bit like good job, but it was a little bit like okay, stop she told She told London to shut up too. We were people were going crazy in London. And then I remember her being like, all right, all right, okay, it's embarrassing that we're the audience that couldn't go on mute. Though I was on you the closer we were on mute. We were on me the whole time, the audience that's done the best so far as Nashville, and so I think, whatever the stop she has left, please everybody mute, go on mute. So tell people what this is. Though it's during energy when she goes big wave in the room, everybody the crowd goall move, look around, everybody on mute.
Speaker 2: And then you're all supposed to stop for four times, for four counts. And the worst is when you look around and everyone gets it, and then you have two people that are.
Speaker 1: Like whoa, and I'm just like, no, what you understand about mute? What? Yeah? What don't you understand? Speak to them a person, you know what they're not doing talking, screaming, singing, they're mute. So it's a command from Beyonce. I would advise that you listen, you know, and the song here in exactly That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: What if she had said I want to do a special song tonight, I wouldn't have been out.
Speaker 1: I would have been out of fallen out. Are you kidding me? One of my favorite vocals of hers. I mean, it's such a good song, too beautiful song. I am alone out speak speaking of this. He just jumped out of his skin. Didn't expect. You need to get dream Girls back on Broadway. It's been to your right and London Weston got it and they added listen to it doesn't make sense. They do it, they want they did it is do it. I don't care. America Broadway needs to get dream Girls back on stage.
Speaker 2: America has a problem. No dream your number ninety nine.
Speaker 1: America has a problem. No dream Girls on Broadway. Amber Riley was ready to come over here and win the Tony and a heartbeat. It would have been five four, three two one that easy.
Speaker 2: It's actually important that we say this out loud on this actual particular podcast, because when we said out loud that we needed a Sweeney Todd big budget revival, it then happened.
Speaker 1: We got it.
Speaker 2: So this is a podcast where things get spoken into existence.
Speaker 1: Yes, so that's just number one listeners. They're Katie. Everyone on the.
Speaker 2: Broadways would well, a lot of them are readers, publicists, a lot of finalists, fists, a lot of finalists on Broadway.
Speaker 1: But I want to.
Speaker 2: Say, in terms of the Beyonce of it all, what is the Act two?
Speaker 1: When is it coming?
Speaker 2: I think it's a totally because if you look at the design of the Act one Renaissance, it says Act one Renaissance, like Renaissance is the name of Act one. So Act two I think it's going to be a completely different thing, completely different vibe. I think Renaissance was the house album. I think Act two is.
Speaker 1: I still think she is going to do some sort of country thing, definitely will, but I think it will be whatever. It will be heavily instrumental, like I do think it's going to be like rock country like it's going to be using like real instruments, like live band type vibe is what I what I would imagine where she would pivot from this. Maybe acoustic, I could see, I could. But do you remember when she was in Vegas and she had the girls band and it was all girls and she had that live rock band. I think something like that kind of This is the first tour where she's had she's had the boys back. Yeah, you know, because for a while there was it was all went on stage. Yes, boys are back in town. Boys are back big time. Yeah. And Beyonce would often say, ladies, right ess Actually real culture number eight.
Speaker 3: Beyonce would often say, ladies, we.
Speaker 1: Have to ask you the question havac Roger's house, What is the culture that made you say? Culture is for me? Okay? So I thought about this. That's good for a while. So when I was growing up, my next door neighbors were these lesbians called Debian Carol, and I was obsessed with them and I was best friends with their daughter, Lauren Lauren l O r n E. Spooking me. Last name, last name. Just take a guest the last name Mike Michelle. This is just the craziest last name. Batman A T M A n. Lorne Batman, Batman. Also we're listening to this I Love you girl. Was it Batman? B A T M A in So did you pronounce it Batman? Batman? Yes? Batman? Well, you know Batman. So this girl was how old? We were whatever, six or seven? This girl was how old? It's obviously different age every year, So you were six or seven? So this was in nineteen ninety five something, yeah, very much. So.
Speaker 2: Lorne Michaels was very established, and so was Batman. So essentially, when you name your daughter Lauren Batman, you know exactly what you're doing, or you should. Yes, okay, sorry, Debbie and Carroll, you kind of well, they kind of just something iconic.
Speaker 1: This is in Indiana too, though, you know this is you know, this is Cornfields. So okay. So she was my best friend. We were really young and we were obsessed with the Spice Girl. And I wouldn't listen to it at my house. I would only listen to it at Lauren's house, and Debbie and Carol knew I was obsessed with the Spicy anyway, and they knew I was obsessed with Posh Spice, and they took me to see the Spice World movie with Lauren and then they used to take me on vacation with them, like they took me to Key West. They knew I was gay, and they always like did things to like let me kind of you know. Well, they surprised me and took Lauren and I to see Spice Girls on tour Deer Creek, Indiana, and they let me. They dressed me up like Posh and we got to go. I got to go to Spice Girls live and I was dressed like Posh and I was just like getting my life. It was the first time I was like out in the house, I kind of dressed girly and like me and Lauren were just like roaming the concert like on top of the world. And it was really kind of like I was like, oh, like yes, like this is this is like this feels right, this is life for sure.
Speaker 2: Just not even just the Spice Girls, not even just the Spice Girls on tour, but like inhabiting Posh.
Speaker 1: Inhabiting Posh, I got to free myself of some of the already cultural notions of like being a boy and my liking boy things at a very young age because Debbie and Carol knew and and let me kind of, you know, do be a little gay.
Speaker 2: Boy at their house as it were.
Speaker 1: This is really important because it's right before Brittany. But we're the generation that kind of like missed the Madonna boat in terms of like our childhood. So like, yes, spice girls giving you like girl power in your face and having that also mean like you can dress like us is like a huge deal. Yeah, they were literally little boys. There's like something.
Speaker 2: This this is bizarre what I'm gonna say, but like something about the nineties was like very like flavorful, you know what I mean. Like it's just like I think of the nineties, I think flavors, flavors, Like does that is that sold?
Speaker 1: No? Because literally, like I was watching like an Instagram story of someone like in their car blasting like old school marian. I was like there's something like are I'm immediately there and it's like it's even more evocative than the eighties to us, obviously because we weren't alive at the time. Like nineties it was like they they figured it out, they like dialed it to the exact right numbers. Well, it was maximalism in a way that our pop stars don't do as much. We got Gaga, yeah, you know, in her streak, but I felt like, like the Spice girls are dressed as their name. Yeah, they're very saturated. I guess that's what they're like cartoon characters. I'm scary, I'm dressed, scary, I'm gosh, I'm dressed. You know, They're they're giving you cartoon characters and archetypes that you could affirm yourself at. Yeah, you know, and also they're giving you sex, and they're giving you like fun and playfulness and like, you know, as a gay boy growing up, like it was like, oh, they you know, really got to be themselves fully and like do these tours together and be friends. And it was very you know.
Speaker 2: They were also doing like claiming of sexuality and using the word feminism and talking about girl power and also putting sisterhood first and like making that message in their music way before people were talking about that in like a intellectual sense.
Speaker 1: Well, of course they.
Speaker 2: Were girl power, but I'm literally like there were five year old saying girl power and I remember I like that was the first time I had ever even heard the word feminism. Is when like in Spice World, when they're dressed up as each other and one of them is dressed up as Jerry and they're like.
Speaker 1: Feminism, blah blah blah, and I was like.
Speaker 2: Feminism, Like me, I'm a feminist, No, I know, And also like you know, truth be told.
Speaker 1: I still think the music's great. I still think they're one of the best girl groups we've ever had. Likely they are icon status that music if you listen to the records, Like I'm sorry. I remember being at the concert Deer Creek, Indiana, me dress the Spash and they were doing Viva Forever, and I sobbed my little gay eyes out. I was like absolutely, just like, oh my god, what is the best Spice Girl song? Oh, that's really hard. Two becomes one. That's a really good one to become. One is iconic. Who do you think you are?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think the answer is want to be, But I would say Spice up your life. You can't ever get away from it. When they come out in the end of the movie and they're coming out of the like fog and they're like, no, it's.
Speaker 1: That goes off, it still gets me hype. I can still listen to it. If that's blasting at the afters, I'm gonna like be like, oh, yes, absolutely yes. Also, that movie's fun. The movie is so funny. By the way, we always say Post turns out a communic torn of force. She's a genius. I mean her seventy three questions with Vogue is one of the funniest things ever seen in my life.
Speaker 2: This is the funniest one. This is the funniest single word anyone has ever said.
Speaker 1: What's the cause you care about? It's it's when when the guy's like, do you think I should give her my grandma's old wedding ring or this new one, and she goes, don't give her that ropey old thing.
Speaker 2: And then when her assistant comes in and she goes, I need to get you another dress.
Speaker 1: Where would you like to go on vacation?
Speaker 2: Ya, she's a free I'm still waiting on my house standing. There is so much about it, so much, so many moments.
Speaker 1: It's endlessly rewatchable. And she also when she can't do a handshake, you think maybe this woman has never shaken a hand. Before she goes up and it's like off and then it's off again, or she she's convinced that she only has one angle, which is like yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, there's a moment where she she like hugs someone, like says hello someone. She's like, you can tell she's so not used to greeting people.
Speaker 1: She's how are you great to see you? Aid No, she says, my award for outstanding achievement And she says my outing outstanding achievement award.
Speaker 2: Because remember the last culture is cultural Awards. Beckhamut Standing Achievement Award and for.
Speaker 1: Her role in the Spice World movie, right, that's what that is what we're referencing.
Speaker 2: I mean, there is a part of the movie where this honestly might be part of the culture that made me say culture was for me in terms of sense of humor. There's the scene where they're all doing the obstacle course and Pasha. It's revealed that Pasha is just walking along the side in her heels. I screamed, I said that, and that is the gayest ship I've ever seen, Like for me like to be screaming at her walking around the side, like look, she's like doesn't want to do the physical obstial course, like she's too cute for it, Like I loved it so much.
Speaker 1: The stress is dry clean only Melonie shuts up Cherry. Remember remember what is it? It goes, it goes on.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen this spy with my little eyes something blue and they go hospital and Victoria goes shuts up.
Speaker 1: I will say, like she gets the comedy bits that stuff, like she is like very dry sense of humor, very British, very funny, like she can deliver a line. She's great in it. Holler is underrated, hollow. Yeah, that's incredible. I just took a hard left into Holler. But we have to acknowledge that forever. Is that what that album is called? Yes? Yes, the last one, the third Yeah is I mean it is just tragic when you listen to that though like that, you're like, it's missing Jerry, even though it's like did we ever miss it that much? That's the thing is, it's like.
Speaker 2: In all these groups, when one of them leaves, it is over, like if harmony was ended when Camila left, like one direction was ended when Zayne left. Yeah, because it's so crazy that Harry was still in that. Harry wasn't the first to leave the group, and I think Zay has come out since and been like, yeah, literally, the only reason I left was because I wanted to be the first to leave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you get out of that? It stands you apart. It says I'm the solo artist. But and then he did not really well he had he did, but it's like then he disappeared for like five years, didn't he.
Speaker 2: I think that's for like other reasons, right right, because he like pushed Yolanda had done a step you last, there was like a drama where like he like, wait, there was like a so he famously was with Gigi Hadid and then there was like a drama where like there was like a domestic dispute with Yolanda Hadid of the real house fridge and.
Speaker 1: Her fridge in the big frig. I'll never forget she pushed her out of it. He pushed her out of the fridge, and that's that was the step I'll never forget.
Speaker 2: We were in Palm Springs together, which, by the way, we've talked about that faded Palm Springs trip.
Speaker 1: I can't kicked out of the house. But that was when I got.
Speaker 2: A house into Beverly Hills because you fell in love with Kathy Hilton's sight on scenes, I did.
Speaker 1: You got it, you got it immediately. I just I did not realize that there were like funny people on the show. Yeah, you know, I just thought they were all bitchy or something like. I just I really didn't watch it, so I didn't know, And that was just my context was like, oh, people like to watch them fighting. I watched the show. These girls are making me. Wow, these are funny, funny girl. He loves the old New York. New York is his girls. I know, they're just so fun. I mean Sonia and Ramona and Louayne and Beth and Carol. I mean they're so good. I was watching the old one right now. Watch six just to like get to the park because I think we is it. Derenda's in there. Durnda's not in there yet, Okay, I'm season seven. Seven six is is Harol six shop six is literally no, no, no, no no. Basically, I wanted I wanted to watch the you know this is gonna come out of nowhere. I wanted to watch the first episode of Aviva, and then I wanted to watch a bunch of little episodes in between and I wanted to get to the last episode of Aviva the Leg, the Leg, because the leg is truly one of the most incredible moments of teleficial about me is this. I'm second, I'm scathing Calfick. She's just goes crazy and then she goes here had her take it, I'll crawl, throws her leg over. I'm like, this is wild. She took off her leg and threw it.
Speaker 2: And I love when you watched the reunion of that because I recently also did watch that episode and the reunion she goes, Andy was like.
Speaker 1: How did you get it off so fast? Because you must have taken it off. You must have been preparing to do that. She goes, I was definitely preparing to take it off. And there's a little button and only I know where it is.
Speaker 2: So she was saying, like, only I know where the button is on my leg to take my leg off so I can pick it up and throw it or slamming on the table as it were.
Speaker 1: It is. I mean, it's so clearly produced and she what did come in like ready to do and she was cooked right outter that. They were like, we can't, we can't have this, but like it was everyone in that rest and that party was like laughing, gasping, screaming, every like fucking Kristin. Okay, wait, no I'm not, and I'm excited to come back to the first reason of Kristin was good. She's coming back to legacy, running legacy, a girl, you're gonna get going, Kristen take and I'm just like, we don't it. She was good. Her tagline the first season was what I smart? Yeah, but I'm But the way she says her line, which maybe tells you that like she hated saying it, like.
Speaker 2: She thought it was funnier. I think she Okay, so this is what happens when comedy, when girls do comedy, but don't It's like she thought that she was doing a play on I'm not the sharper stool in the shed like pretty girls like doesn't mean we're not smart.
Speaker 1: She thought she was.
Speaker 2: Getting ahead of it right, and it just like was there was not enough of a structure to like get that across. It just sounded like she's acually stupid. She's not.
Speaker 1: She's a comedian. Not a comedian. Of course we know this, we know she's not.
Speaker 2: Bone was saying before we got here that he was watching Old Ronnie and now we know what season and was comparing it to New Roney.
Speaker 1: Have you are you caught up on New I'm caught up on New Roney. I really, who are you responding to? Well, I thought the Jenna when her comment her glasses flogging up from it being cold was really funny. Yeah, she is funny. She's funny, and she's a little awkward, and there's some things that aren't housewife like about her, which I think is interesting. You know, so I'm responding to her. She's, of course the star of the show at this point. I think that Brinn is of course gonna be great. You know, she's kind of hasn't been like much this past episode, but enjoy her. I like when she asked why Jenna got a free pass in, Aaron was like, I guess I like her more or whatever. I like. I think she's gonna be a good not villain, but you know, she's gonna be confrontational.
Speaker 2: She is the one that arrives on screen outside of Jenna. Aaron is the one that arrives on screen pops the most.
Speaker 1: Like. I think that.
Speaker 2: She she's very dropped in and like she she to me gives New York in a way where it doesn't seem like she gives a fuck.
Speaker 1: I think this season is going to be interesting. I think by the end we'll see real personalities out of them all. But right now I'm getting two to three personalities, real authentic people who are also TV characters, and the rest are still figuring things out. Yeah, and I think things take time. I don't really judge a season based on the first two three Now, you know, it's very early. I think we need five or six to kind of sort out how things are going to play out. But right now, I would say people who I can see actually being players in the show would be Jenna, Brynn, Aaron. Yeah, the whites. The whites. I do like that. I do like I do like the non whites. But wait, I'm so sorry. I did not mean to make it about this, but I was like on sigh until this episode where she was like, oh god, you guys like going to the dollar store. You guys clearly didn't grow up poor. And then that like opened and I was like that, I like her.
Speaker 2: Now here's my thing. I like them all. I like uba.
Speaker 1: I think she has to.
Speaker 2: I think we're about to see her open up in a way like becoming up at tractions for next week Coming attractions, the preview for next week, Like I'm at the drive in the Coming Attractions.
Speaker 1: What's gonna happen with the Luba on the big screen?
Speaker 2: Like, so next week Uba looks like she cries and breaks down, and I'm like, when are we gonna see the core of Uba?
Speaker 1: Guess what what I ordered? Uber Hot? Oh? Yes, Uba? Oh bowing. Uba owns a hot sauce business. Oh I loveb Hot.
Speaker 2: I'm getting so Okay, here's what I'll do when it comes to me, I will bring it and we'll do a live tasting. Oh smart, that's good. Maybe that should be on our additional episode. Yes, uber hot taste.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So she's got like an acclaimed hot sauce line. It comes in three flavor I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm forgetting exactly what they are, but like they're you're actually gonna google it because because I'm actually of hot sauce culture, you are of hot saus I love to watch the show Hot Ones. Okay, so there's Haba narrow, Hot, Fresno mild, and Serrano medium, which kind of is just three different Sure, Okay, but I like that it's an African gem. Uba Hot is a hot sauce that can be used to make any meal delicious. It adds flavor and brings a sensational taste of Africa to your palette. Our dream is for you to enjoy uber hot with all your senses. Love and spicy sauce. What do you think you're gonna try it with? And so about Uba, it says I have a passion for good food and beautiful things. That's her about.
Speaker 2: At a very young age, my mother taught me that life should be experienced with all our senses. We're sort of getting a theme here. This sort of is hot sauce but in five dimensions? Yeah, does that make sense? How many dimensions are there? It depends on it. It depends on the max is ten ten? Yeah, the max number of demands. Well, you can look it up. I'm not the best person to explain it.
Speaker 1: You're not an expert. Like, so one dimension is like, don't what do we call this? Quantum physics? Yeah, it gets into string theory and but I again, I'm not an expert on this at all. All I know is that I love five dimensional stuff because it's like, that's like, I think that's when like time travel starts to do you learned this from Oppenheimer. From Oppenheimer, I did when I walked out. I walked out instead of instead of watching flows nips go up.
Speaker 2: Each of them has an extraordinary mouth watering flavor and is named after a precious gemstone, Ruby Strength, inspired by my two fellow Virgo nieces whose love has given me strength.
Speaker 1: Two Virgo Nis, the Rare and Special, inspired by my beloved mother, my roots, the one who taught me to see the good and everyone.
Speaker 2: And finally, Emerald Honorable, inspired by my favorite quote by Marcus Aurelius. Whatever anyone does or says, I must be Emerald and keep my color.
Speaker 1: I know you will love Uba Hot.
Speaker 2: As much as I do, as it was created to make moments in life bold, delicious and spicy love and hot sauce.
Speaker 1: Uba love it. I like I like Uba. I like Uba even more now. Yeah, now that she's like a hot sauce connoisseur who knew, who knew, gotta get her on hot ones, I think that what we need is Uba on hot ones.
Speaker 2: But I think if we're gonna get a out real housewife on hot Ones. Unfortunately it is gonna be Bethany. Yeah, she's the most famous. Did you see Bethany's insane and story eating crawfish? And oh, I'm fascinated. It was really wild.
Speaker 1: I've never it's interesting to see someone like her film themselves. I think from Housewives, get used to being filmed all the time and now can't stop filming herself or something. Because the most it's like, I feel like it's constantly being in an opinion about whatever she's got, but it's it's near constant filming. Yeah, herself. Bethany is interesting to me because I've had this thought and tell me this if this is like a stupid, unsophisticated thought, not that it matters, but like on TikTok, the aesthetic is always for me. As I'm watching her, I'm like she has lost her mind. And then she'll go on like the Today Show and talk to Jdah and Jenna and I'm like, she's the most composed. She's the Queen of England. She's the most composed woman. She knows exactly what her I wonder if to talk she just thinks that works for her. You know, did you see when she made that salad and it was all celery. Yes, And I've seen her like eat tuna rod of the can un cool down because I like that and it was sick.
Speaker 2: And I'm saying I've done it. But to see her do that and filmed myself eating raw that's what basically made a salad.
Speaker 1: That was dice, cherry tomatoes, chopped celery and like mayo with lemon tuna. They call it tuna salad. That's why I called it tuna salad. And I don't. I'm, you know, watching her eat this and I'm thinking, no, there's been a break. Something jumps on us and the dollars in her bank account because here we are talking about her making her money. She's by the way, I guess she's She is also iHeart podcast. She's an iHeart podcast and we love her. Don't listen to the show. It's really heart. I Heart encourages the intra show antagonizing like they want us to fight amongst each other. Oh yeah, big time. It's like Super Smash Brothers. It's Super SMA if they if Nintendo, if you make a Super Smash iHeart Radio edition, like the Ice Climbers would be like the Ice climbers because I don't want to fight you. But you and I fighting, you know, Nikki Glazer. I love that I would pay to see. We love you, Nicki. We would never fight you only in a video game. Only in a video game where you should we do some cards. Let's do some o my god, the host of the show over here right all right, I'm sorry, Recess with house. How does this work? How does this work? Okay? So I got these cards when I was seven years old. My aunt was a Reikie healer and energy healer, and she gave the me to these when I was young, so that I would always have to say, that's why they're apart, they're falling apart. So basically, these don't tell you your future. They actually just read your present energy. So it's it's not going to be able to tell you what will I do in Da da Da. It's about answering questions now to lead you to answers about your own life. So I love you know a question you could ask. I'll give you some examples so that you can think of it as also if you want, you can privately think the question, but it might not the podcast. Okay, yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Can we tell the cards. I listened to All Too Well ten minute version two times this morning. That's where I'm at.
Speaker 1: Okay, So basically, like, what do I need to move through this emotional imbalance I'm having? Could be a question or what should I focus on in life to be happier or et cetera, et cetera. Okay, I have so it. Ask me the question and I'll help you renavigate the question, retool it. For the cards, you're going to shuffle them, lay them out, pick three, and then we'll go over them together. When you want to go first, you go first. Okay. We already have a car.
Speaker 2: Am I shuffling them?
Speaker 1: You're shuffling them?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm shuffling and should I sort of ask my questions? You should ask your question out loud, okay, to the cards and the astrol guides and house. I want to know how do I release fixations and negative thoughts that aren't serving me anymore?
Speaker 1: I want to move.
Speaker 2: Forward in a genuine, real way without fixation on the past and ways in which I've been treated unfairly, and move forward with compassion for myself instead of what is happening.
Speaker 1: Okay, So keep thinking and when you're ready, lay the cards out, and then you'll pick three. We'll think of the answer. You've had these since you were seven. That's really beautiful. I'm ready and I'm gonna lay them out and I'm gonna do like this. Yeah, I'm what I'm doing, readers, is I'm spreading the cards out like this, and now I'm to pick three that are calling out to me. Yep, take your time, Taja, Okay, take your time. By the way, we saw the trailer for a Color Purple, the movie musical in uh during the Barbie movie yesterday. That looks good.
Speaker 2: Okay, I pick this one's calling out to me because it almost fell off the table. So there's one. This one's making itself known to me. And I'm gonna say the final card that I would like to pick out is and I'm gonna sort of go left with myself here it's this one because it was on top.
Speaker 1: Okay, those are my three cards. Okay, So these cards are basically your guides. So there we'll go over the theme of each card and then we'll try and find a little narrative for you between the three. It's a little storytelling pleasure. Can be sure you show to the camera. Yeah, okay, pleasure, Divine Goddess, fulfillment, abundance, satisfaction, contentment. The Divine Goddess smiles upon you, urging you to step into her luscious and beautiful garden and drink from her well of vitality and joy. Summer, relax, have fun, and allow the good times to roll. Life is to be enjoyed, not endured, whether it's a fun day at the beach or arousing sexual romp with your lover. The Divine Goddess reminds you that there's nothing holy, superior, or righteous in resisting pleasure or hiding your beauty. She stepped into your life to remedy the sad fact that you're not taking joy in much of anything of late, and have lost touch with some of your inner beauty. Life has become black and white in shades of gray, and you're missing color. She advises you not to postpone your wards until you're in heaven. Instead, she encourages you to enjoy a little heaven on earth. Indulge your soul and some delicious food, good friends, great music, and playful fun. Use her sparkle to inspire you to embellish your environment redecorate whatever will make you happy. This is a harvest for you. It's a time of abundance and flow. It's time for you to share your beauty with others and be generous. Don't fret about over indulging or getting carried away. Get used to the beautiful life and consider it your birthright to dance in the divine Goddess's garden. Her question to you is how good can you stand it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: What about? I think? I mean it? Need to order a glass dildo. How we get there? Let's finish the cards before we get Yeah, yeakay, let's get the narrative, honey, compromise, Master teacher, Master teacher, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so I have so far pleasure and master teacher, compromise.
Speaker 1: Your master teachers, reminding you that nothing is entirely good or bad, even people, and that every person has their own version of reality, which may not necessarily agree with yours. Instead of feeling wronged by those who refuse to submit to your point of view, give up your righteous and rigid demands and broaden your perspective to include the interests of those you struggle with. Now mentally, move toward the center and open your mind. Although it's easy to feel indignant and defensive as you've dealt with a current impasse, the truth is no one is trying to harm you right now. Instead, your detractors are simply supporting their own interest and priorities which are different than yours. Rather than reacting emotionally to their resistance, strive to understand and work to be fair. Your master Teacher's message for you except that your interests are no more or no less important than those of the people around you. The only way for you to progress to hire ground is to compromise. Okay, interesting, That is interesting. Celebration Celebration Joy Guide which, by the way, these are really positive cards. Positive. There's death in there, there's you know, suffering like that. You got an incredibly positive reading. So the cards are giving hock girl summer and you you are having for the most part, I would say, a joyful time, even though there are moments of you know, hardship. Yeah, I'm just sorry, I don't mean final card. You're entering a period of great expansion. Your joy guides are at hand, ushering you into a season of abundance, celebration, and hospitality. You're loved and accepted and trusted by those around you. This is a time when life gives back. You may become engaged, get married, get a promotion, land a deal, or just get a long waited lucky break, whatever you desire, your joy guides are urging you to prepare for because it's realize that his life's tides turn your way. The soon to become realized positive flow of events isn't just a fluke or an accident, or the luck of the draw, whether it's the natural outcome of your unwavering efforts, your commitment to your dreams and goals, your joy guide's message plan for the party you're going to soon have a reason to celebrate. Oh my god, I love my right. I know, yes, this all feels very right to me. So how how good can you stand it? How good can you? How good can you stand it? WHOA, that's like really good? That's a real culture? Number eight? How good can you stand it? So? I think, you know, I think it's pretty clear the reading. I don't know if we it's it doesn't seem like anyone's confused here. I would say that for you, the one thing it's seems like it's asking the compromise is probably going to be the hardest part. But it seems like if you can reach that within yourself, you're in such a period of jewel that that is the blockage for you. And it feels like when you finally can make that piece, you're already in this really brilliant new era. It's a compromise of within this self and yeah, because only I can make the decision. But this is all you. You know, this is a this is a battle between you and your.
Speaker 2: Self, right There's nothing in those cards that's like, no one's holding you back.
Speaker 1: These cards aren't about anybody else, and all they do is read your energy, so it's only telling you what you already know, and what you know is that this is hard for you right now. But pleasure, but divine godess. I mean it was it was talking about you know, you, eat good food, be with friends, dance alow.
Speaker 2: We did all that and we've been doing that and also I'm about to have a very fun time and this is great.
Speaker 1: Good reading, good good reading.
Speaker 2: And now, oh, I don't know, I feel like I feel like this might be totally different.
Speaker 1: I get the darker one. That's okay, you know what I want to see death. But if you do get death, death is about the ending of something, and that's a positive too. In many ways, for many people, the end is the best way to start something new. Yes, yeah, absolutely, you have to end to begin. That's true. That's a real culture. It's actually real. It's real culture. Number seventy five, You have to did you do your question? Oh, I'm so sorry. I stretched. I'll do the question, and then I'll do the question and shuffle for a bite. Put your energy on the cards. My question is what are the means by which I can connect to all the parts of myself? I feel like I feel like my struggle lately has been sort of a disparate evaluation of like me and I feel very fragmented. And how do I make it all whole again? You know? And how how do I do that? Yeah? Okay, that's a great question. Great, Oh my spread girl, that's okay. That's what it meant to be. It's what it's meant to be. Okay, it was meant to be cluttered. Okay, okay, what's calling out to me? Only you can answer.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, I was gonna say her.
Speaker 1: That's correct. That's the one good card that's all. This one. That one's a baby, Pick it out, put it on the table. Last one we go. Number three, don't miss, don't miss. This is the big decision, this one. Three cards on the table, three cards laid before me. First one discontent, discontent, muses, muses, muses. I'm my muses are a little you know, you know, every reading has their own list is a dark card. There are ghosts and phantoms, and I don't like that. Okay, but I actually think this this card has a lot to teach. Okay, okay, So are we listening already? Okay? Sooner or later in our evolutionary process, each of us begins to realize that it's not the having that fulfills our souls, but it's the act of creating that brings us satisfaction, contentment. And what we've created, no matter how grand, inevitably subsides and our creative juices get stagnant, long to flow. That's why the once ideal partner ceases to mesmerize, the perfect job eventually becomes mundane, and the great adventure becomes tedious. Although there's a lot to be said for enjoying what we have now, we must nevertheless respect the fact that our basic nature's creative beings is to create. Without the process, we can't be fully content, at least not for long. Your muses are present, and they're calling on you now to embrace your creative discontent and undertake new project. Their message to you is see your frustration as a longing to learn more, expand more, dare more, and create more. I gotta get a glass, dildo, I gotta a glass. It's true. I know it's so true. Oh my god, that's why. No, no, no, no, no, okay. Second card to see see this is actually gorgeous to see Cardian angels. Okay, I know this card has lots of tea. Okay, this is I think this is a teaching card as well. This is actually one of my favorite cards. I'm at a teaching hospital and it's too funny. Well, you know, when you're doing to readings and one person gets one, I was gonna get the dark one. I love it. Let's let's let let's keep going. Your guardian angels are present, alerting you to the fact that all isn't as it appears. Pay close attention to what's going on around you and within you. You'll notice that vibes are in the air. You'll now you'll notice your guardian angels remind you that your own treachery and deceit are subtle and difficult to see. After all, no one wants to believe they can or someone might hurt them. Sometimes it's a deliberate attempt, other times it's an act of self protection at your own expense. Deceit and manipulation need not be maliciously intended to cur or be damaging. Often it's just the result of thoughtlessness or fear. Your guardian angels urge you to trust your vibes completely when it comes to your suspicions of yourself and others. Please equally scrutinize your own own deceptions. Either case leads to dead ends and disappointing outcomes. Ask your angel guides to protect you from your own deceits. Have the courage and integrity to be honest with yourself. Your guardian angel's message right now is we will watch over you. Now. Are they my muses to your guardian angels? My guardian angels, no, you got you got muses and guardians are saying create, create creates. Well, then my guardian angels are saying, don't trust the muses. No, No, that's not what they're saying. I don't think we'll get to the narrative. We'll get to the narrative even got to how can you make a narrative? Balance? Wow? Period? And now all of a sudden it makes sense. Period? And now what's to say? Divine teachers, divine teachers, we both have teachers in ours. You are good students, I find no, but still I am very distractive. You're back, but I was trying to be nice. And you're in the delicate process of learning how to properly balance the flow of give and take in your personal relationships, and it's time to evaluate. Are you giving too much, leaving you resentful and angry, or you withholding when you could give more, leaving you feeling guilty and defensive. Your divine teachers can help you learn how to better align your relationships so that you neither give nor take too much as a means of controlling others. They counsel you to be honest about your motivations when dealing with others. You know in your heart of hearts what drives you. Do you create dependency in and control, or do you withhold for fear that you might be taken advantage of keeping people guessing. Your divine teachers are on hand to help you answer these questions. They lovingly assure you that relationships are the most difficult of all spiritual classrooms, and the lessons of proper give and take are the most difficult skills to learn. Have compassion for yourself as you seek balance. Ask your divine teachers to help you become more aware of how you give and receive in all relationships, not just the romantic kind. There are message to you. There's no difference between giving and receiving. Love great, I love it. I am creating my own suspicion in the deceit by an imbalance of give and take, and that is all fueled by a discontent with in your creative life, present situation in creative life, and in stagnant endeavors. What do you see here? What do you see? Sorry? I want to know. Well, I do think it's interesting. I find that when I do these there is always this and you can create yourself so whatever, But there is always a little narrative between first, second, and third. And you know you do choose as it is, but I do think that, Like for me, the first one is it's saying, this is a core issue that it's going on that is causing this fragmentation. It seems like that is what the answer is for that. And then it's almost giving you these sort of backup reasons of why that's happening, and it's this deceit is I find it's always self deceit when these cards are being used, and it's always almost usually when people get the card, they know immediately what it is that they're saying to themselves or or whatever self deceit they have. And then to get the balance of you know, relationships and stuff is sort of interesting because then that relates to the deceit too. It's sort of saying, like these relationships, you know, I'm having uh da da da, I'm not seeing myself clearly in these and it's all a larger sign of creative mm hmm. You have to listen to yourself, you have to trust your insights. Thank you. Uh no, but I thought that was really good reading. Well, do you feel like you got any clarity a little bit? A little bit, yes, But I think I'm like working myself out of I'm getting to the last one, which is the balance. I'm like, I'm inching closer towards this, yes, to get out of this this yes, which no problem. I love it well. And this is kind of more closer to the present. It's the third card, whereas this is past order. What was your third card? Celebration celebration. Yes, we'll be celebrating. We'll be celebrating and balancing, and we are celebrating, and we are celebrating.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel very hopeful about the future. I think that like it's the halfway well it's not the halfway point of the year, but sometimes it feels like at least like end of summer, although like sort of my summer is just starting, and then through fall. In the winter is always when I feel like things are the most difficult, and then they get so much better for some reason, like narratively, like my years always get better at the end of them. Maybe it's because I have like a routine thing that I do every year, but it's hard now when there's like so much less routine than there's ever been because we're all not working and stuff. But maybe this like time of being having like more solitariness and more like less filling up is an opportunity to achieve this balance card, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: M M who does know? Who does know? I'm telling you who can say? I do think that. I always think of September as a new beginning, just because school starts, and for so long you were kind of like in that mode, and so I always think of like, I like the back half of the year, like I like later summer into fall into winter, like that's where I read my engine. Really, you know what.
Speaker 2: I set up that loud the other day for the first time, and I felt very like like almost like, actually.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm gonna do. And I don't think, so honey, this is amazing segue. I don't think so honey, this is this is really good a segment where we take one minute to go off on something in culture that's really grinding our gears. Matt Rogers is struck. I'm really excited to do this. I believe it. This is Matt Rogers. I don't think so Honey's time starts now. I don't think so honey. Summer. Oh and it's fine to say it, Okay, it's too fucking hot. I don't want to be out in the sun. That's that baking hot, especially not during global boiling, which we're in. It's not global warming anymore, honey, it's global boiling. The whales are beaching themselves. They can't take it. I saw a clip today and Otter was trying to steal a surfboard. But you're also going crazy in the water. Why because it's heating up. I'll tell you what else is heating up me too much? I want to be inside in the air conditioning. I don't think, so honey, if you have air conditioning. In the Year of Our Lord twenty twenty three, I went on on a date with a guy. He said, I don't have air conditioning. I said, that might be a deal breaker right there, because you want to know why. I don't think, so, honey. Summer and one of the things you need, and they're actually saying it's no longer a luxury, it's a necessity.
Speaker 2: It's air conditioning. So I don't think, so honey, summer. I do think, so honey. The fall, I do think, so honey. The winter catch me then, and I do think so honey the spring. Otherwise I'm uncomfortable. The humidity, the dryness. Both of you I don't.
Speaker 1: Think so, honey, that's one minute. I don't like summer. You do, No, I don't, Okay, I don't. I'm sorry, I was. I'm sorry. Dancing and more yourself. I don't think my vibe vibes are in the air.
Speaker 2: When your card said that there were vibes in the air, I really felt that.
Speaker 1: And it's not a live vibes are in the air always. You know what I like to do with my girls during the summer vie happy hour I will say right now in this the day we're recording this this week is spectacular weather in New York City.
Speaker 2: We're going out for happy hour after this, of course.
Speaker 1: Of cork of courks, Yeah, corks, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: You know the birth of the of corks was the very first day that we met house wo. It was in la I don't think, Sony, when you iconically did your I don't think so money on Jennifer Garner.
Speaker 1: Gays who stand Jennifer Gardner?
Speaker 2: Oh it was gays? Who's I don't think so many gays? Who's the Jennifer Gardner?
Speaker 1: And I think my favorite bit was that is your favorite dessert merangue? Oh yeah, that was a good house. Thank you. Oho, she's making a comeback. You'd be careful. That was years ago. That was years ago. I wouldn't do that now. All right, this is Bellen Yang's I don't think so, honey. His time starts now. I don't think so, honey. The art world, I'm just trying to get a couple of paintings from any apartment. And why is it the most expensive thing ever created? Why is it so expensive? I believe in compensating artists. I believe in paying for a piece of art. I will pay on an appropriate amount of money. But some of these price points are actually psycho and I'm not paying fifty thousand dollars for a little jade horse, Mama. Jade is what those things that my sister and I have said this all the time, my sister especially, she goes jade is one of those gemstones that really only Asian people care about. And so therefore you have to price it in a way that's not like so exclusive, like make it so because the market's already small, it's already gonna be something where like I don't want to pay that much money for it. These prices would make you you guys know me, You guys know that I kind of dish out cash for things unreasonable in an unamasonable way. I pay some of these paintings. I go not in a million years. And that's one minute. Jade did.
Speaker 2: Didn't Gwyneth Paltrow say you got to put a jade egg up your vagina?
Speaker 1: Did she ruin it? Did she run jade for Asians? I think she did, because what she was doing was she was trying to stimulate the I think thee to help relubricate. Right, Well, then the ja. Well then this is the thing, like I'm never like jade is ours, you know what I mean? And now I can't even get jade off the fucking streets. So what is this.
Speaker 2: You're like looking to populate your new apartment.
Speaker 1: I just have some walls that I want to, like, have some big walls. Let's just say I just wanted big, big walls. I just sugar. Sugar wall taste like cream. Taste like cream.
Speaker 2: I heard that, I hope, So I hope your walls are so big.
Speaker 1: Pure man makes like a nice cream for your walls. Really, and I have gotten compliment, I did. I've had the coffee, not the coff I've used the butt bomb. Yes, it's called the stay Ready Cream. This is not sponsored, by the way, but ready but could be. I've done this stay Ready cream and people are like, that's nice. Yeah, that is nice.
Speaker 2: I liked the butt bomb a lot. Yeah, all Pure Men's products.
Speaker 1: Pure Man is really really doing it. I think that they found a market, they found a niche and an audience with money, and they made a good product. Very smart. They like they really thought about They were like, of course these people want things to make that area fresh. Yeah, because we get self conscious about all of it. So like, let let's make you help a girl out. Yeah, totally, totally. And that's like the art world. The art world could really take a page from here. For mess the art world. I just want to say so many wonderful people have reached down said I'm a dealer, I can help you out. I appreciate you. But I just want to say that the system itself seems a little broken. They're wheelers and dealers. They're wheelers and dealers. Well they made that die that film about it. Oh yeah, was that the one with Jake Jill and Hall. Yeah. Yeah, And they're all killers. They're killers, and that scares me. I have to trust the deceit. The vibes are in the air. That was about the art world, that was about well you never told you if you would have told me about the art well before the reading car specific about it. The cards are yelling at you to not get finaggled by the art world. Honey. These people on first DIBs are selling David Hockney prints posters of things for like thousands of dollars.
Speaker 2: I go not in a million years poster poster. If I knew who David Hockney was, I would be appalled.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you would love him, you would love him well Wikipedia.
Speaker 4: After this, yeah, away David and lovely stan Smith being like our hashman, we have to say, we have to say this real quick.
Speaker 1: We went to see here lies love Oh my god, it was it was amazing. We had such a great time. But Matt didn't know. The Marcus didn't know, so he was cheering. When they want the election, mel Marcus was I thought, I actually thought she was a pop star. So so the Marcus is when the election and then Matt's like, and then I give I give him a look like no. I found out she was a dictator, and it really bummed him out. I know, but she's you know, she's just got nice clothes. So it's tough. It's so hard when these women have nice clothes. It's hard. You want to support women, even when they're dictators. I find as a as a gay man, I want to see women. Vita Big was a big fan until I out. You know, she was a maleficent maleficent big Charsila Ursula big fan. Because they look they look interesting, they look interesting, they're funny, they're funny. This is your I don't think so honey house. Are you ready? Okay? All right? This is Patrick Rodgers. I don't think sohney. As time starts now, I don't think so honey. Going to a restaurant with more than four people, Oh, first of all, I hate to see the look of a waiter look like, oh god, am I gonna have to deal with this all night. Ten of your best gay friends and you all order espresso Martini's. Well, guess what, y'all, it's gonna take us forty five minutes to get a beverage here. It is so annoying. I don't care about split Wise, I don't care about Venmo. What I care about is I can't hear anything anyone is saying. At a restaurant where there's ten people around the table, it can't you can't get a drink, you can't get your food on time, you can't hear anyone. I'm like, huh, what, I aren't even hearing problems? Huh. Restaurants are supposed to be intimate dining fifty experiences, and when you're with so many people, you do not get that you're wasting the experience. Even five is too many because you're not connecting. You're not saying, Hi, how are you fie? How is your week? And so that's why if you see me at the restaurant, it will be for or less trust that whatever happened to hi, how are you trust?
Speaker 2: Customer service? Customer service, here's what I'd say. I've been to dinner with more than four people. I've been to dinner with less.
Speaker 1: I always enjoy it with less. I agree, I hadn't thought about this.
Speaker 2: And also that moment when the waiter comes over, it se'es a bunch of gays and you understand.
Speaker 1: And it's not even like they know the gays tip well and stuff like that. It's like, can I do a dirty martini. Can I do it on the rocks? Can I get three olive us with blue cheese? But that's thirteen people people, And so then he has to get all those drinks out at the same time. They have two bartenders behind there, So then the two bartenders have to make thirteen drinks come out at once for your table when there's forty other tables. It these pure mathematical nightmare.
Speaker 2: I do the same thing that you're doing right now, which is I also have been restaurant industry in my past, and I get stressed out when I know something is annoying, like for example, splitting checks.
Speaker 1: I always know what's annoying.
Speaker 2: I always know what's annoying when someone orders like that thing, you know what I mean? Like, I always know what's annoying. People are like just bringing out whenever it's ready to come out. That's like literally not how it works, right, So I understand.
Speaker 1: And it's it's manageable. With four or less you will have a great experience. So true. I think dining, I love it with two. I find I connect really I love to have a sensuous meal with someone and enjoy the conversation. And that could be three people and that could be four, but it should be an intimate experience. Agreed. Yes, you know, it's a great date night, it's a great connecting with close friends. It should not be your birthday of twenty No, sorry, because guess what, all twenty people are going to have a complicated order because we're all the same. Yes, instead go to care go see go seep. No, and that's the podcast because I'm not having that. The energy suddenly became We've been here for two hours, and that's how you know that true friends have been talking. We had our guides.
Speaker 2: Tell us what was up. We spoke about Nicole's AMC. We set a clear message about that. We talked about the errors, talked about renaissance, We prognosticated. We pointed lords in a direction true North. Like Uber Hot, we basically previewed Uba Hot taste tests. Yes, we introduced the readers to house, which was a long, huge movement, and we connected with each other like no one could at a dinner with more than the people in this.
Speaker 1: Room, period.
Speaker 2: And that includes that includes Donnie. That includes by heat. Yeah, and Donnie's looking at his watch in a way that makes me feel like we are don got to go about to go, and so how are we house?
Speaker 1: Thank you for making yours. Gosh, thanks for having me, Ladies, ladies hey, and ladies at home. We love yet episode with song. This is one of the best. My reputationous and have been more so, he was saying me for me.
Speaker 2: If you want to hear more of that, go to the Aerostour this weekend and next week in Los Angeles six shows.
Speaker 1: That's so fine. Bye bye,