Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brick and Jeffrey in the morning, and just a heads up. Next week is our favorite week on this podcast is because next week is Halloween.
Speaker 2: That's right, Alexay, and we love Halloween here.
Speaker 1: We are going to have some Halloween second date updates for you and some other fun So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say Christmas is our favorite week, but we get that week off.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, all right, no, so gear up for Halloween.
Speaker 2: Make sure you subscribe and you're on it.
Speaker 1: We definitely have some comments to cover over yesterday's second date where she found Facebook photos of him kissing the woman and the woman out to be a sister.
Speaker 4: Yeah more yikes.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, Cyrus And I'm probably saying your name wrong, so I'm sorry, but said, well, that was a double whammy. First the sister kissing and then the fact she actually said, yes, I think this is the Paul I've heard on this show yet.
Speaker 2: What in the Alabama? That is the perfect dead I think.
Speaker 3: Then I spoke to a couple of people on the text board, was like, if you peck your sister on the lips.
Speaker 4: That's normal, like bye, and that's a maybe.
Speaker 3: Don't do that with nice, but that wouldn't be weird, but the full on kissing.
Speaker 2: We're a lip kiss type of family. Kiss on the lips, but we don't take photos of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I don't.
Speaker 2: No one even holds me by the waist.
Speaker 4: Yeah, come here, go to bed.
Speaker 5: Yeah and I also like Nemo's comments singing sweet Home Alabama and the comments.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, today we do have a brand new update update.
Speaker 1: That's where you listen to the original call where they were on with us, and then they're going to come back on.
Speaker 2: After a commercial break.
Speaker 6: Sorry, okay, we.
Speaker 2: Got to keep the lights on here. Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're going to come back on and update us with what's happened since they were on the show, So definitely listen to the very end.
Speaker 2: It starts right now.
Speaker 4: We've talked a lot on the show about how sometimes women will spend multiple hours getting themselves ready before a big date.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know how they do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, women, why so much time?
Speaker 2: Ladies?
Speaker 5: I have at least like thirt eve an outfit fit I can't wear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they do it just to be sure, hair perfect, make up, fire outfit, chic and tear away. Oh hello. As a guy or as brook, you might think, how could your outfit possibly matter this much to your face.
Speaker 2: That makeup takes that Walter.
Speaker 3: Actually, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: You might think that until we got this call where the romance was totally ruined by one piece of clothing. And personally, I never thought we'd be hearing from this couple again for a special second date update update bullet was wrong, because they're back. You'll want to hear it update update right after this second date Update date. I believe in any relationship it's good to try new things together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, that's a way.
Speaker 4: To grow, whether it's new restaurant, new haircut, or Brooks House. A new pair of ankle restraints. These ones are electrified for your pleasure. Nice and one of our listeners said, she bonded with a guy about trying out something new for the first time, So let's learn a little bit about it, Holly, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Hi, guys, how are you?
Speaker 2: Did you go with the extra patting like I did.
Speaker 3: The extra strength?
Speaker 2: I'm joking, that's a joke.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry she knew a little bit too much about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is really that was supposed to be funny, and you didn't laugh.
Speaker 8: Laughing just when.
Speaker 4: It was quiet inside. Sorry, So tell us what did you try new with this guy? What's his name?
Speaker 8: By the way, so his name is Justin?
Speaker 4: Okay, what did you and Justin try?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 8: We met on the apps and while we were chatting, we were talking about pizza toppings.
Speaker 3: Actually a really good combo.
Speaker 2: Really, I don't feel like it last that long. What are you like?
Speaker 7: What do you like everything?
Speaker 4: Okay? Is that what you guys were doing, like comparing favorites?
Speaker 8: Yes, so that's how we got into the try new things. His was sausage, which is a classic possibly euphemism too, but yeah, hope. I warned him that mine was the one that was different. I have a weird topping. So my I said, it's fruit loops.
Speaker 2: Fruit loops? Yeah, who was serving you?
Speaker 8: So it was something that I had as a kid, and I kind of just love it. It's like sweet and savory, you know, on your.
Speaker 3: Pizza as a kid, got acquired to the taste.
Speaker 5: You want to restaurant.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're breaking down the fruit pizza.
Speaker 1: Important why she brings the conversation up, because it isn't just.
Speaker 4: A one and dime. Okay, so this must be the new thing that he tried.
Speaker 2: Yes, God, you must be hot.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's really good, Brooke, I don't know.
Speaker 3: You gotta taste it right now in your head.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you guys did a tasting for your guys' meetup.
Speaker 3: Did you guys both have to eat each other's Is that what I'm assuming You're like, you got to eat the sausage and I'm gonna eat the fruit lub kind of vibe.
Speaker 8: I mean, I've had sausage on pizza. I think he was more curious about what what I was talking about.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, So his was like minimal his face run us through it? How did this go?
Speaker 8: Okay? So we met at a pizza place. It was late at night. I had to do like a work things like nine thirty.
Speaker 2: Oh you're doing this in public?
Speaker 4: Oh wow?
Speaker 8: So we got We got a large pizza, but we brought it back to my place.
Speaker 4: We got it, so you're not embarrassed in the middle of a pizza hut.
Speaker 8: I'm not embarrassed by it. I just we needed to get like the perfect fruit lub ratio.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I thought, was he nervous or was this fun for you guys? And through it all?
Speaker 8: No, we were like laughing through it. We had we had a great time. I felt like we really bonded. He tried it and he said that he liked it, which I don't know if I fully believed, but he was.
Speaker 2: He was sweet about it in between gagging.
Speaker 4: With blood coming out.
Speaker 8: Really, it's really not as bad as you think.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, well good, he liked your favorite. That must feel good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I thought it was. I thought it went really great and we had a fun conversation. But I did feel really bad because we had to cut things short. And I don't want to get into specifics at the moment, but he left probably around midnight, So I did feel bad that he had to leave.
Speaker 1: And that doesn't feel like short to me, Like it's midnight. Yeah, if you're not going to stay the night, if you're going there, then that seems fine.
Speaker 4: Why do you feel bad?
Speaker 8: We had talked about spending the night together, but previously.
Speaker 4: Promises were made and promises were Oh no, but that's okay.
Speaker 2: Things change, Life happens.
Speaker 3: You know, Like he had some fruits. Maybe he followed his nose all the way home.
Speaker 2: Nobody I got it.
Speaker 8: I mean, I like him and that's why I am reaching out to you guys like I need your help here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, I mean he does sound fun, like he's a guy who's ready to try new Absolutely, if it's the reason that he had to go home and stay to stay the night and that's why he's not calling you back, he sucks.
Speaker 4: I don't like her pizza topics.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, What else do you think it could be?
Speaker 3: He didn't like stab him orra ething?
Speaker 4: Did you?
Speaker 6: Oh no, I didn't. I didn't get that.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay takes all that questions, so seriously, is okay, But we're gonna come back. We're gonna call justin for you, and we're gonna try and figure out why he's been avoiding you.
Speaker 8: Great, thank you guys, so much optimistic.
Speaker 4: If we're going to continue with your second date up day right after this hold on second date, you're in the.
Speaker 1: Middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here Part two.
Speaker 4: When a man really likes a woman, he will do anything for her.
Speaker 6: It's true.
Speaker 4: He'll go to target with her on a football Sunday. He'll snap five hundred photos of her so she can get the perfect instapos. Absolutely, he will even lie about fruit loops tasting good. Off.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is where we're going.
Speaker 4: That's why our listener Holly cannot let this guy Justin slip away, because he wasn't just willing to try her weird favorite pizza topping fruit loops, but actually swallow it and say, did.
Speaker 3: We can confirmation?
Speaker 2: He said, young, No, he said it it's fine. Interesting.
Speaker 4: It's a good man right there. Sadly their date ended a little bit early, so she needs our help. Broo, how are you feeling about this?
Speaker 2: I just I'm still stuck on that pizza thing. I can't get over it. I can't get over the fruit loops. I want to.
Speaker 1: I have like a million try it, Like is it just cheese that you add it to or do you buy a cheese with a vegetable and you add it on there?
Speaker 8: Like, yes, it's just on cheese, it's not a bunch of other topping.
Speaker 4: Late, You're right, we don't need to break down the fruit loops anymore. We really should concentrate on Justin and getting you back together with him for another date.
Speaker 3: Are you hopeful?
Speaker 1: At least I'm trying to be Okay, as hopeful as he was on that first bite.
Speaker 4: I'm feeling optimistic. I'm gonna dial his number right now. We'll see if he answers. Here we go. Hey is this justin? Yeah? Who's it? We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, justin, Good morning.
Speaker 4: My name is Jeff okay cool of Brook and Okay, Jeff. I know we're probably interrupting your day. So what is this about. Yeah, we're doing a segment. It's called second Date Update, but it.
Speaker 1: Could be food reviews, because I am really curious to hear how you really feel about one thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll get to that in a second. But yeah, excited. We're all excited for that. But we're more excited to talk to you about a girl you went out with named Holly, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Who honestly sounds lovely.
Speaker 4: Wait what Yeah, Holly listened, She listens to our show and told us about the date that you guys had where you went to the pizza place and tried the fruit Loop pizza.
Speaker 2: Yeah, back at her place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and now you two haven't really connected since that night.
Speaker 7: No, No, did you tell you that? She asked me to spend the night.
Speaker 1: And I thought you guys, I thought you guys discussed day in the night.
Speaker 2: She sounds like you're insulted by that.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, no, no, I'm not insulting. She asked me like it was like a whole thing early on, like we were leading all.
Speaker 4: Up to that.
Speaker 7: At least that's what I thought, and then like, okay, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 7: Around midnight, she gets this text or something like that. Her phone goes off and she says like, I'm so sorry, you're gonna hate me, but I need to leave and you do too, And I'm like what She was like, yeah, something came up and she had to take care of it. And I'm like, okay, that was like it's another guy.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it's a booty call.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, why would you think it's a booty call?
Speaker 4: Honestly, he's probably thinking that because she's leaving at midnight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she already has a booty call there.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's it's like he thinks it's like a better guy that called. She's like, oh, actually, be there is mind. So it is that where your head was at, Justin.
Speaker 7: And that's not No. Maybe some guys might want to be interested in that, but like, not me.
Speaker 1: Okay, why wouldn't you ask her? Why wouldn't you say, can you tell me? Because this is what I'm thinking, this is what is happening.
Speaker 7: I asked her about it, don't get me wrong, and she was like super cagey about it.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: My first thought.
Speaker 1: Is there's like a drunk roommate downtown that she has to go rescue.
Speaker 7: There's no reason why she should keep that secret if it's something like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, when you follow her there, when you followed her out afterwards, all the way to wherever she went, you didn't learn anything from that. It is not a bad idea.
Speaker 5: That is creepy, friend, So I'm not alone.
Speaker 7: A midnight start, We walked down the stairs, we got in our separate cars.
Speaker 4: It was awkward.
Speaker 7: It was super awkward, and I didn't know what to say, and we parted our ways.
Speaker 1: At that point, she okay, okay, everyone needs to slow down on this.
Speaker 2: Because she called us to get a hold of you. She literally said, I like this guy.
Speaker 4: But she didn't tell us why. Maybe her main priority guy fell off.
Speaker 2: So this is like backup in a three day period. The guy felt.
Speaker 4: Come on, let's let's ask her because you don't know this, Justin, but she is on the other line right now waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Oh great, Hi, Justin, Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 4: She sounds guilty? Did he catch you?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Well no, wait, did you actually go hook up with a different dude because a better one called you?
Speaker 8: Oh my no, No, that's not what happened. I feel terrible because I left so abruptly, But it was not for another guy. Okay, it's an embarrassing reason and it's gonna sound ridiculous, but I left for a pair of pants. What I'm being honest.
Speaker 6: There's a shop.
Speaker 8: Okay, this is is embarrassing. There's a shop near me called Planet of the Pants, and they were having an event where everyone lines up around the night you get these dance pants. And my friends and my friends and I had these plans for like week, and I totally forgot about it. I totally forgot about them.
Speaker 4: It's too elaborate for it to be.
Speaker 2: Pair of pants.
Speaker 7: That is.
Speaker 2: That is way too embarrassing to tell a guy. Hey, By the way, I got to cancel the.
Speaker 1: Hookup because I'm meeting my ladies for some dance pants, she.
Speaker 3: Would have insulted. I get it now, because if she says that, I'd be like, you're choosing pants over me.
Speaker 4: Just how does it feel that you got ditched for a pair of pants?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's the weirdest thing. I don't like being ditched for.
Speaker 4: A pair of pants.
Speaker 2: Come, I.
Speaker 4: Like, but like, look, if you're.
Speaker 7: Really telling me the truth, Like, you got to promise me that you're telling me the truth, because I would forgive you if this is true.
Speaker 8: I have the receipt from the night.
Speaker 4: And the pants presumably.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but how does she feel that he's still not believing.
Speaker 6: Brook?
Speaker 4: You know what it's like in the dating world. You should be skeptical of everything the other person says.
Speaker 2: You're dating so much, I'm not this show.
Speaker 4: I know that discount pants aside, Let's let's not forget about the fruit loops. You guys bonded over that.
Speaker 2: That's all I want, actually want to hear.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 7: Did you like it?
Speaker 4: Did you like it? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I actually did. I thought it was a perfect combination of sweet and salty.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the only man for you.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 4: Justin her entire relationship lies in your hands right now. If you want to go out with her one more time. We will pay for a date for the two of you.
Speaker 2: You wear the pants on the date.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, do that, that'd be funny.
Speaker 4: Actually, all right.
Speaker 7: I'm actually really glad that you guys reached out, because, like I was just going to ignore you.
Speaker 1: So let's not end with that note, but justin officially it's a yes from you then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was yeah, okay, well awesome. We're gonna send you guys out on another date.
Speaker 7: Correct.
Speaker 8: I'm so excited.
Speaker 6: Thanks guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gloves don't go on sale.
Speaker 1: Send the Lexus and I that linked to the.
Speaker 4: Planet of the Pants. Yes, it's got a huge boost in sales.
Speaker 2: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: We're doing an update update, checking in with Holly and justin almost a full year after they were on the show with us. So let's just get to it. Two questions right off the bat, One are you still together? And two? Did the pants make it to your next date?
Speaker 6: You know what, I can confirm that the pants made it On the next day.
Speaker 2: She was telling the truth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean the pants were great. What do you think were they worth it? They were worth the weight?
Speaker 2: Her butt looks so good.
Speaker 6: Let me tell they.
Speaker 7: Were worth their weight, and so, yeah, I asked her out on another date and we've been together ever since.
Speaker 2: Dude, that's like a year long relationship. That's amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brook, you ow me twenty bucks? Yeah, I'm just kidding. Do pants bond you? Yeah, that's awesome you're still together?
Speaker 6: Yeah, honestly, we really owe it to you, guys, and we hope you don't think it's weird. But we got turtles together and we name them Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: That's a long commitment. Those things live like eighty.
Speaker 4: Their tanks smell like garbage.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, but that's the thing.
Speaker 4: Like we've been talking my marriage right, Oh wow, are you aged?
Speaker 7: No, not yet. We're talking no proposal yet, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just gonna happen right there.
Speaker 7: But like, no joke, like if we do do it, but we've agreed that she'll wear the pants under her wedding dress.
Speaker 4: The pants and the turtles are going to live on forever. She'll love that too. When she starts to dance, just tear off the dresses. Brought us together. Well, that's awesome. Keep us updated on your blossoming relationship and shout out to your pet turtles. Yeah, thank you. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.