Speaker 1: I'm not joking. Almost every interstitial piece of the Beyonce concert she was smoking cigarette, smoking something, smoking a stogy, smoking a cigarette, smoking stokey cigar. I don't know, but I'm like, did you.
Speaker 2: Hear it in her voice that she's been smoking?
Speaker 3: She like, Jeline, jolly Joel, Joe, beg of you beg Jeline. Please don't take Joane.
Speaker 2: You was always a bird.
Speaker 1: Go sing your songs somewhere else. You're freaking bird.
Speaker 2: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, eighty six, Episode three of Dirt Elysis. Guys, it's a production by Heart Radio. It's a podcast where we take a deep dive in to america shared consciousness. And it is, in fact, Wednesday, April thirtieth, twenty twenty five, the last day of April.
Speaker 1: Yep, Yeahaunt, no fooling us. It's the last day of April. It's also Stop Food Waste Day. It's National Adopted Shelter Pet Day, the National Military Brat's Day, National bubble Tea Day, National Raisin Day, National Oatmeal cookie Day. Oh put those together, my most hated cookie. I'm sorry oatmeal, raisin, and get the fuck out my face. National Bugs Bunny Day, Hairstylist Appreciation Day and Honesty Day.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite cookie? Chocolate chip?
Speaker 1: I don't have like a favorite. I love chocolate chip, I love double chocolate, I love peanut butter chocolate. I have like oatmeal peanut butter, but oatmeal raisin. Fuck you, that's not a cookie. That's a punishment from my grandmother. My grandmother would always make sure that I'm making cookies and it would be oatmeal raisin. And I remember I got in trouble because I'm like, like, these are cookies. And the way she she didn't suffer fools, she like she was should.
Speaker 2: Be doesn't suffer fools day, you know, like the last day of April should be just where you don't take no ship from no fools.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the opposite of like an April Fool's prank is, but we should come up with it.
Speaker 1: It would be like it would be like cutting honesty, cutting Honesty Day, Yeah, yeah, just airing a grievance, like really something that maybe should be done a little bit more delicately, just forcing.
Speaker 2: That, like chic Earnest, we don't like your personality. We think it's bad, right exactly you're doing a lot all the time. Anyways, my name is Jack O'Brien aka past the puke bag on the right hand. I'll past the puke bag on the right and I'll give me that puke bag before he fills my hands. That one courtesy a snarf you law on the discord as to the fact that we don't we don't get puke bags as they're not as omnipresent as they as they once were. They used to be one of the two things that you got in your seatback card. You got the fun little comic but one page comic about what happens if the plane crashes, and then you got a puke bag. And now they're just like they're cocky, they're calling their shots. They're like, this is gonna be a smooth flight. Nobody's gonna need to throw up.
Speaker 1: Unless you're drunk. You're drunk, in which case you've got to throw off the plane drunk man, but he's sick.
Speaker 2: Anyways, my seven year old threw up in my hands on the most recent place.
Speaker 1: You're dedicated, Dedicated, Dedicated.
Speaker 2: That's called dedication, and this is Dedication Day. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Grell Ray aka.
Speaker 4: All e lawns, things, true grifts, dupe schemes, rules with clenched fist.
Speaker 2: All right, No, Dick, I wait no, don't.
Speaker 4: For amplow watches waiting to blame it on JD. Penis, won't go cyber drugs. Blow keeps a little mask off Torso's wet dough. Okay, shout out on salad Torso's wet dough.
Speaker 2: Swet do and then he did add that go back God back, God back, God back God.
Speaker 1: Jim Ross WWE style. Uh for that outro, But anyway, thanks helse one on the Discord server.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: Also, I know a lot of y'all I've i've please hit me up. There's a new batch of people being like, how do I get on the Discord server? D m me on Blue Sky. I know I still have some, but message me there and I will get you.
Speaker 2: Discord Discord is about the Gremlins two up in there. The new batch is coming. They do not know how that there's a sports one as heels on.
Speaker 1: It's very pretty and horny. That was my favorite gremlin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Miles were thrilled to be joined in our third seat once again by one of our favorite guests, a very funny writer and comic whose comedy has been highlighted in Vulture, The La Times. I use one of Illuminative's twenty five Native American comedians to follow.
Speaker 1: You can catch him at the.
Speaker 2: Siren Theater in Portland on Saturday, May twenty fourth, and you can go check out his podcast, Sage Based Wisdom. Now, please welcome back to the show, the hilarious and talented.
Speaker 5: Brian by him right, Hell, yeah, what's up? Do you want to come out as saying? Oatmeal raising kerkies are the closest thing we have to dog treats as humans like you. It tastes like what a dog would love.
Speaker 1: It's great. I love oatmeal, like I'll eat oatmeal like, yeah, I was raised on oatmeal for breakfast, so it's not I don't like them, and I'll even eat raisin. But like together, this is not a treat and oatmeal is not a treat. Yeah, oatmeal is just my realna.
Speaker 5: Lie.
Speaker 1: Really, what are you putting in that ship? I'll put like chocolate milky ship in there.
Speaker 2: You put chocolate milk in your oatmeal.
Speaker 5: It is the perfect foundation for anything sweet. Like if anything else there you can. I put like peanut butter in there.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, you guys, I need to step my own go with ital was my oatmeal was like a thing that a doctor once told me I had to eat because my cholesterol was too high. I have, like, you know, hereditarily high cholesterol and it works, but I just like always associated it with being like a fucking steak. I was down there.
Speaker 1: My dad would be instant oatmeal with boiling water and then to cool it off a splash of milk, and so I was raised on the splash of milk to cool off the oatmeal, and then that escalated. I said, want to put some chocolate, I want to put some eggnogg in here, some other ship and it all goes.
Speaker 5: I will say that my favorite cookie is the white chocolate chip macadamia from.
Speaker 1: From somewhere you went specific reason those are so good? Are goaded? Yeah, although I'm not going to eat that foot long one that they're trying to push. I'm like, bro, just keep it regular. I don't need a cookie.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's a long. Every long is our brand. We're doing foot long nachos now doritos nachos its.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really bad. Any thoughts on what the end of April should be. If, like, if April first is April Fools, I felt like I saw you maybe winding up to chime in there when we were talking about it.
Speaker 5: In case I was maybe April. I think you're on the right track with honesty, right, maybe April April cools. Oh, it's kind of cool. You're so cool, you're just brutally honest.
Speaker 2: Oh, a little April Fools is a little weird. Al it's like not trying to be cool. It's just like a little nerdy. It's a little like.
Speaker 1: It's a little like doey oi if yah, Like.
Speaker 5: We're wearing Hawaiian shirts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that, we're.
Speaker 5: Acting like it.
Speaker 2: April April Cools is just like a day where you get to be cool as fucking like, tell people the truth.
Speaker 1: You're Yeah, you're smoking a filterless Newport because you rip the filter off because you're animal like that. And then you're looking at the dude, I could totally I definitely know why your parents got divorced. Yeah, exactly, they were wrong to you. All right, Ryan, We're thrilled to have you. We're going to get to know you a little bit better. In a moment.
Speaker 2: First, a couple of stories that we're talking about. There was a good idea proposed by Amazon that I could see them doing and other companies following, except they got yelled at by Trump and so now they're not doing it anymore because authoritarianism works.
Speaker 1: What's selling Nazi merchandise?
Speaker 2: No, so they already do that. Oh okay, it's to put the amount that your price went up based on the tariffs, like on the price, so you should so you know what, and why wouldn't they like we're that way. They're not catching shit for like the price going up, and they're not you know, they're not chaining then, so like they just anyways, it's a good idea, and one angry phone call from Donald Trump to Jeff Bezos and that idea is over. I do hope like other companies that aren't run by tech all guards who are trying to be best friends with Donald Trump might might pick us up. But real good kind of window into how things work that we'll look at, as well as just like what what's going on in the White House. It seems like it's just a lot of coddling, a lot of codling of a.
Speaker 5: Yeah, where's I have a question. Yeah, I don't know if you guys want to answer this.
Speaker 1: We are money to the podcast.
Speaker 5: Do your cariffs go to the government? No, where do they use the tariffs go to the extra money that it's being paid.
Speaker 1: I guess they do go to the government, right, Oh in terms of who's paying the yes, yes, yes, you don't getting the money that is that's collected by that's collected by customs.
Speaker 2: Which is part of the government. Yes, yes, yes, and then.
Speaker 5: Customs is going to come rolling next time I go through. Customs are all gonna be wearing like four chains exactly.
Speaker 2: Customs just all of a sudden, like super expensive sunglasses on. They have like people handling their ship for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it basically I think what they Customs collects it, but then it goes to like a thing the treasure. It ultimately like the treasury.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then that gets redistributed to all of us.
Speaker 1: Right, No, no, that goes well, I mean, sure, Jack, whichever, which version do you want me to tell you about it?
Speaker 2: Version? Tell me appy it's going to be.
Speaker 1: It's they are drinking our collective fucking milkshake right now.
Speaker 2: With that, they just go, yeah, thank you all up here now yeah, sounding like that milkshake was going up your nose. Man, I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 1: Hey man, Look so how I get down, man, And.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about the debate that is once again raging on the internet. One hundred man versus one gorilla. It's an old debate, but all of a sudden, it was like, I don't know, it was like someone you know, when like a big news event happens and you check Twitter and it's just like ten straight tweets that are all about the same thing. That's what I got yesterday from this old like Reddit post. Like suddenly, just like.
Speaker 1: Oh so people, I saw like a black Twitter post about one hundred guys fighting one gorilla over the weekend, and I thought maybe it was that. But also the Internet, everything happened in cycles.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, well it's just an old debate, but it like this old idea flared up over the weekend and now we are. Everybody was talking about it, so we're going to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Thoughts has not changed, My thoughts will never change.
Speaker 2: We don't write the zeitgeist. We just report on it, folks. So we'll talk about that all of that plenty more. But first, Brian Bahi, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that's revealing about.
Speaker 1: Who you are?
Speaker 5: My search history lately, I've been I've been going down this rabbit hole of TikTok's giving me a lot of sports content lately, and I'm seeing a lot of edits of like basketball players from like the nineties, and so I was looking up Jordan Ones. I'm in the market for some Jordan on wo as somebody who who has almost no familiarity with the game of basketball, or weeks only just from two weeks of watching clips on TikTok am I now attempting to make this my entire identity.
Speaker 1: This feels like exactly why brands love social media, Like this comedian we've got fuck all about basketball trying to buy ones. Now look what we did with the algorithm. Wait, so what happened? What exactly got piqued your interest about the Jordan WANs from these videos? Like you just kept seeing the shoe over and over and you're like.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just like trying. I'm like, what's like because I feel like lately the sports content has been kind of it's been hitting a home run in a way. There's the Woman's College Playoffs was huge for me. There was the PGA.
Speaker 1: PGA was huge for YouTube. That was a huge, huge, yes putting.
Speaker 5: For some reason, I was like getting a lot of it and I was like, this is really like heartwarming to me. And then somehow out of that I like went down. I think it's because of the the women's college I've just like slowly like more basketball stuff just giving to me and I'm eating it up. I'm just watching it, you know. There there it's almost like watching skateboarding videos in a way where it's like it's like fun music is being.
Speaker 1: Over all these something.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm like, wait, that's that's really that speaks.
Speaker 1: To me, right, Yeah, and then now Jordan One's now you're in the market for Jordan one in the market.
Speaker 2: I mean you were watching some old ship if you saw somebody playing basketball and Jordan One's right, I don't think NBA heard Yeah, the Converse All Stars back when the NBA was a race war. Yes, Oh you're not in the right So it's srubreddits if you don't think it is. Still I was just like watching I guess it was a podcast. It's like one of those things that's basically just like a YouTube channel where like people talk and like it was like a twenty minute clip of a guy just naming all the top scorers by white guys in NBA history by season.
Speaker 1: For It's like, what the fuck, what a weird what a weird rain man trait to happen? I know, like white supremacist sports rain man. Yeah, I only know the white guys.
Speaker 2: Googliata man, there's a name you don't hear very often anyway. Yeah, Tom googli Otta was on.
Speaker 5: There nineties because that name sounds very familiar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was the nineties. Yeah, what is bringing this about? Bro? You just the sports content entered your feet and you started fucking with it? Or is there like I think, are you hanging out like a bunch of sportos now, yeah, hanging out at the fort side.
Speaker 1: Wild Wings, yeahs and Hooters.
Speaker 5: I think it's also just like the this like hashtag like Hope Core of it all.
Speaker 1: Like oh, so you're like, oh, you're seeing Hope core.
Speaker 5: Sports at Hope Core.
Speaker 1: Okay, the best of the best for some reason.
Speaker 5: Uh, that's where I am mentally right now, that makes sense?
Speaker 1: We all, I thought you because like the agro straight guy versions I see on TikTok are the ones that start off with like heavily edited Brazilian biley funk songs. It's like.
Speaker 2: And it's like Boom.
Speaker 1: Dunking a bunch, and I'm like, yeah, Alan dunking a bunch, Like that's just weird. It's just like weird.
Speaker 2: Al was a problem. You guys don't never realize it, like you.
Speaker 1: Like, it feels like just AI is making remember something where like yo, check out yea three point shooting.
Speaker 2: By the way, we gotta If you listen to Doctor Carrie Mcinernie's episode yesterday, she followed she hit us and followed up with like a couple of articles about AI and like what it's going, what they're trying to do to us to like our free will. There's like a intention market where they're like, anyways, well we will have on that story coming soon. But it's terrifying. All right, Well, Jordan want's a classic shoe.
Speaker 1: What size you guys have him? I got a pair. I got a pair. Yeah, I had a pair, but then they burned in the fire and then a comedian shout out Ian Carmel, he gave me a pair of Jordan One's the Shadow, the Great Shadow Ones, Gray Black. Yeah, yeah, the Great Black was nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're very narrow. If you have wide feet, I would, I would, I would advise to size up.
Speaker 5: I actually do have narrow feet.
Speaker 1: Oh then you are found your ship. You're gonna love.
Speaker 5: I'm kind of like Jordan's like that.
Speaker 1: Narrow feet. Yeah, sure, terrible gambling problem. I like they're very versatile to the Jordan Ones. Well, now they're just they're so that silhouette is just so timeless. Now it's just like sneaker shape.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Like all those what's that one shoe that you can buy that looks like it's been beat to ship and it costs like five hundred.
Speaker 1: Dollars Golden Goose.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, like those are all basically like their high tops all look like Jordan Ones.
Speaker 1: I feel like, yeah, the Blazers, it's all Yeah, is the biggest red flag I've ever seen on a human being.
Speaker 2: Yeahbody's wearing that.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I'm crossing the street.
Speaker 1: It's so weird to like cosplay, like I'm living in these like these clothing items to buy like pre distressed things. I'm just like, yeah, no, I've got plenty of distress to go around.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't need you doing the better.
Speaker 1: Be like Matt Damon at the end of Private Ryan and.
Speaker 2: Earn this, earn this Golden Goose. What is something you think is underrated? Brian?
Speaker 5: So I'm watching the Pit. I'm kind of really into the pit. Shout out emergency rooms, Yeah, shout out Ivy drips. And it's like it's reminding me that, like I feel like we've spent so much time in media, like really kind of loving the anti hero and somebody that's just like digging themselves in this hole and then trying to get out of the hole. Yeah, like I forgot there's like really cool stories about people that are actually like doing well and trying to do Yeah for people, this is actually what's up?
Speaker 2: Wait, so, like, what what drug problems does this doctor have?
Speaker 5: There's no drug he needs that he actually he actually just helped too many people during COVID.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need at least a light drug problem. He needs to be doing it while drunk has ended.
Speaker 5: I think it has, but I haven't finished it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really connected like every way. Yeah, Yeah, there's a preview for it, like a fifteen second teaser that like played before something I was watching on Max where he's like going to take a piss in the bathroom and somebody's like there's an emergency and he has to like stop himself from pissing to like go deal with the emergency. That's That's that dedication that stressed me out. Man.
Speaker 1: That's someone you can sign up to fight a gorilla with you And.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right if you can start there just ten of them. I feel like the whole the gorilla question really comes down to whether you're able to do the thing that we love seeing an action movie's and assemble a team, you know, like do you get to go out? Because the original question was like no, it's just a random group of a hundred. But I think if we can select our team, we might have a chance.
Speaker 1: I will clone Lawrence Taylor on Crack. Lawrence Taylor is the first fifty I need, Laurence what I'm thinking Lawrence and waylor wait football coach and the primatologist. Those are three the three things that I'm able to assemble the team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are the three first picks you need.
Speaker 5: I would pick ten people with you know, those grip strength, things. Yea, how strong a grip is. I think that's really what's key, because grill is going to try to fling you off. If your grip is strong, you're gonna hang on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So like people who do like rock climbing, they have sane grip strength. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, you're.
Speaker 2: So good and like the running the approach, like if they're like this, I mean, guys, this is why this is why.
Speaker 1: No, maybe I'm back, damn it. Maybe I'm back about it just a little bit harder.
Speaker 2: Brian, what is some what do you think is overrated? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that that my pit thing was anti heroes. I think they're overrated. We're done with it. Leave that ship in when we weren't in the Age of Aquarius. Because we are in the Age of Aquarius. It's currently as of a few months ago.
Speaker 2: That's great news for me.
Speaker 5: Is that good?
Speaker 1: That's from hair, It's great.
Speaker 5: It's when all the it's like historically, I don't know anything about what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 5: Historically it's when like huge like revolutions and shit happened.
Speaker 1: All right, Oh hell yeah, I think we kind of need that right now, guys.
Speaker 2: Low key, I think we need that right now. All right? So that was your under overted? Underrated?
Speaker 1: Is the pit?
Speaker 2: Overrated? Is he anti heroes?
Speaker 5: No? Underrated?
Speaker 3: Was uh? Fuck?
Speaker 5: I actually forget what I just said.
Speaker 1: No did you say the pit?
Speaker 5: No? The pit was me leading into anti heroes? I think anti overrated and underrated? Is something else?
Speaker 2: Is the pit? Wait?
Speaker 5: Oh oh wait I this processed food?
Speaker 2: Oh that's okay, So let's do that. Okay, okay, So I think we flipped your overrated and underrated? What what's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Processed?
Speaker 1: Which one? What kind? What's the most underrated process food?
Speaker 2: I think like cheese, processed cheese, American cheese.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just kind of like over it's like one, yeah, American just oil and water in the shape of it.
Speaker 2: I fucking I am fully in agreement that I love American cheese. Like the melt the melting point on that ship is so crucial, Like, yes, I guess, and I was made in a lab.
Speaker 1: I used to rake my teeth over the edges of the plastic to make sure I was getting all that cheese off when I was a kid, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, like what's behind stays watching at like room temp. It's like melts at room temp is a wild is a wild quality for a substance to have.
Speaker 5: Watching the craft singles get squirted into the plastic and then the plastic kind of adhering it around it is pretty fascinating.
Speaker 1: Poetry. Poetry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the hope core edit that I should be watching. I guess.
Speaker 2: I mean we shouldn't be surprised that processed food as you're underrated because you said that your favorite cookie is white chocolate macadamia nut cookies from somewhere. Yeah, yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 5: They're always moist.
Speaker 1: They are.
Speaker 2: They are, and you know why because they are sprayed down with chemicals that aren't available to anybody except No Fortune, five hundred corporations and the US military.
Speaker 1: Brian just he trusts the process. That's right.
Speaker 5: You gotta trust the process. I think we need to stop having trying to have so much control over everything.
Speaker 1: That's trust the process and right.
Speaker 2: Control works in the short term. Long term, it's a bad strategy. It's gonna it's gonna fuck you up trying to control everything just to let it go. Eat the fucking processed food.
Speaker 1: Trust the process.
Speaker 2: Trust the process, and we we know how well that worked out for the seventy six ers, so it'll probably work out for all of us as well.
Speaker 1: That's my basketball team, bro, you need a hope core sixers at it? Man, really, I do not.
Speaker 2: I'm going over here.
Speaker 1: I'm dead man.
Speaker 2: I need to think about that ship for a little while. Yeah, all right, great to have you back, Brian. We're gonna take a quick break. We're gonna come back. We're gonna talk about some of this news. You heard about this stuff the news. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back and.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So corporation, one of the big corporations, stumbled on an idea, yeah, that I think would have served both them and consumers. I think, you know, it would have like enlightened consumers a little bit. The idea is to put the cost that the tariffs were costing the amount of the tariffs were costing people onto each item. So the thing that used to be seven dollars is now thirteen dollars. They just say the tariff surcharge is six dollars, and people understand, well, I guess that wasn't Amazon's fault that everything's more expensive.
Speaker 1: It's just their fault that they're passing it on to us.
Speaker 2: It is their fault that they're passing around. I mean, so that's what Trump was like, Well, a big corporation like that, like can't afford the six dollars, And it's like, no, that's not how these fucking things work. What are you crazy?
Speaker 1: Actually, the publicly traded company, Yeah, certainly not gonna be like yeah, and we will just we will stomach that and just dwindle away in our revenue. That's because that's how American companies think.
Speaker 2: But anyways, they were thinking about doing that, and then they got a call from Daddy, and Donald Trump got mad and called them, and they immediately backtracked and pretended Stalin style. Not only do they are they like, no, we're not going to do that anymore. They're like, that never happened. We were never considering doing that.
Speaker 1: Who told you that they're probably all fucked up on drugs or something, because that was ever going to happen.
Speaker 2: The person who says that disappears from all pictures past and future just cut it out of it.
Speaker 5: Was that Hunter was that sounds like something Hunter would say.
Speaker 1: Right, But yeah, like this and see it, and they're saying, quote Trump called Bezos to complain about reports that Amazon was considering displaying the cost of US tariffs next to prices for certain products on the website. The call came shortly after one of the senior officials phoned the President to inform him of the story quote. Of course, he was pissed. One of the officials, who was granted anonymity to speak, candidly told CNN, why should a multi why should a multi billion dollar company pass off cost to consumers? Good course of all, good question. I'm like, really, you're really never been to America before, that's the thing you're saying out loud and then out a briefing today, White House Press Secretary Caroline Levitt called the move quote a hostile and political act, adding that she had spoken about the matter with President Trump earlier.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, it sounds like a kind of do you think someone actually in the White House saying why should a multi billion dollar company pass off cost to consumers? The multi billion dollar companies should be absorbing those costs to keep prices low. That's completely against the philosophical mission of all corporations in America.
Speaker 2: I mean, I agree, yeah, yeah, it's just wildly unrealistic. That they're not going to pass it on.
Speaker 1: That's something Elizabeth Warren says right out loud, you know, Elizabeth Warren, but like out of the White House again, because I think all that, for all of this, the thing that they just aren't saying out loud is why are you showing the cost of it to make us look bad for the dumbest fucking economic policy. People have seen this the last few centuries, maybe since the tulip fucking the.
Speaker 2: Tulip panic, Yeah, the tulip panic, Like what the fuck are y'all talking about tulipmania? Yes, yes, of course tulipmania, Tumania. Many people are saying this is the best idea since Tulipmania.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: It's also frustrating to me because it's truly unimaginable for me that a Democratic president would be able to get a corporation to stop what they're doing by yelling at them, but also that they would even try, you know, because they are the party of the corporations, where they think these are their friends.
Speaker 1: I feel like, well, see the Republicans used to but in pursuit of like total like a total white ethno state, like they have to now be like sorry, y'all like you have to do everything we say. Now, that's that's just sort of the game at this point. But yeah, there's no way. Yeah. I mean, look, Biden could have said something when it was clear that quote unquote inflation. So much of that was just corporate greed because they were just charging more because they knew they could. But yeah, I think the most you did it was like they got it, they got it, they gotta knock that off. Was like kind of like the energy we got from the White House.
Speaker 2: Then, I mean, Harris came out and was like, this is gonna be a big part of my campaign is that like the reason that things inflation was happening. And then she got shouted down externally like in the papers by you know, economists and quote, and then also internally because like one of Doug's brothers or something. I forget who it was, but it was like someone who's like close to her, not because of like being associated because of their job, but because of like a familial or like friend connection was like on the board at uber or something, you know, like someone influential in the world of it's her brother in law. It was her brother in law, brother in law came at her and was like, this is a bad look for you. This is not Wall Street approved, because that was the New York Times headline was Harris had a Wall Street approved economic pitch. Yes exactly, she.
Speaker 5: Are, Okay, wait, so are the terriffs set up? I feel like I'm the six year old in this.
Speaker 1: If you're six five.
Speaker 5: And the terror set up to like make all just like manufacturing ship American based.
Speaker 1: And that's like the very abstract idea, but in practice it's it's going to take years to get any kind of semblance of manufacturing at levels that could be like, well, now everything is American made, it's going to take And also the cost there's the cost of labor is still high in the United States, so everywhere that's not changing anything for sure unless we have a total sea change of like what we pay people. So because we pay the people who work in factories enough that they can even pay the prices that's justified by the cost of labor, it's all very like it they're just selling a fever dream because most people will just stop thinking at the well, yeah, man, because then we're gonna start building stuff here, and then we're gonna get jobs. And and everything is gonna start and it's like that's that ship has set sail.
Speaker 5: It's yeah, it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And now American consumers are way too reliant on very cheap goods that you're there. It's cheap because the places that they're exploiting, the people's labor to make this ship is cheap. It is not cheap to do that here because they will all a just won't pay people living wages. And if they like again, for all of that to happen, so many things have to also go up to make everything be like, oh well, I can't afford this new American made thing because my wages have gone up three times.
Speaker 5: Exactly Like if they want to, if that's what they want, they need to also do take the steps to make it realistic for so many other Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because this this is like even this is just again I think that's where like people sort of thinking sort of ends. And now we're at this place now where a lot of people are using like the Wiley coyote off the cliff meme because shipping from China has basically cratered and they're like now see this like pause and stuff like of goods that were coming out of the hose. Wait till we get to that air gap in the hose and nothing's coming out anymore. And that's when there's a lot there's gonna be a lot of chaos at least for like, you know, the kinds of consumer goods that we have important.
Speaker 2: Toilet paper shortage will apply to other things, like this is paper shortage from the early pandemic. You're going to see that in many different places.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for just like the things that you weren't counting. It's like, oh, like cheap toys for kids or things like that, like all that kind of stuff, and I can do without those.
Speaker 2: Jesus Chris.
Speaker 5: That you get this pretty after two seconds. For kind of the action movie industry, because I feel like a lot of kind of the act threes in your Fashion and Furious Is or something, they all take place in like those big metal shipping containers, and we're not using those anymore. Then the audience is gonna be like, this isn't realistic?
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. Yeah. So it's among many unpopular ideas that the Trump administration is pursued full blast, and I think a lot of people have assumed, like slash hoped that, well, this is like he Trump's a maverick. He's like a He's a capitalist. He knows what he's doing. And the reason he's pursuing these is because even though he knows they're wildly unpopular, he had he has a gun instinct and he's just gonna he's gonna ride with it. And we're also seeing reporting that that's not true. He actually doesn't realize they're unpopular. He is like a celebrity who's been surrounded but it's like the celebrityary Katy Perry, yeah, or like a comedian who gets like too famous and then like they're the album two albums after they have like a house that with like twenty people who work for them at it, you know, and then like they come out and here was like wait, what this person seems like they're on a different planet than me. Like that. Yeah, Katy Perry, I guess.
Speaker 1: Disease blissfully unaware of what's happening around him, because like the Amazon story, along with the ones about the polls and Trump's reaction to them, like the latest pot night in the last polls we talked about on the show, like the latest ones that came out over the weekend in Earli this week again paints this picture of people managing his moods to keep things going, and it like again that whole thing about like what what the what? What's a multi Why isn't a multi billion dollar corporation able to stomach that stuff? They're trying to make this look bad. Sounds like a thing someone says to Donald Trump about like why everything is fucked up?
Speaker 2: And he's right, yeah, then they can afford it. Yeah, yeah, Bazos can afford it. Do that.
Speaker 1: Okay, America can afford to give people health care. And okay, so, oh so we don't always believe if you can afford it, you should do it. So then shut the fuck up. So, like the latest polls right the Times is Trump's approval rating at forty two percent. The Washington Post has him at thirty nine percent. Trump just got on truth social and saying stuff like these fake news polls from fake news organizations. He said, these organizations are sick and the enemy of the people. And he's like the famous Pollar pollster John McLaughlin. He's even says these are fake polls and then also not mentioning he's like this is a guy I hired to do Bypoles this quote unquote famous polster mad at Fox and again this is just shock like this shock over These numbers are based on living in an echo chamber where staff are telling him how much he is killing it, and we know how much he watches press briefings, and like the way Caroline Levitt talks, it's clearly to please the audience of Trump. And I think this what the Republicans are doing, especially with Project twenty twenty five. They have to destroy a lot of these norms in order to get their agenda through in the way they see it, you know, happening in their dreams. So the best way to get unpopular policies backed by the President is to obscure how unpopular they are and even straight up lie and tell him that people fucking love shit like Doge or the tariffs, or that they are not illegal like this shit he's doing with trafficking, disappearing immigrants or canceling visas for kids who exercise their right to free speech.
Speaker 2: You're the man king, He's in his like fat Elvis stage right now, right. I feel like, you know, just like, oh man, that was hilarious. Tiny Elvis nineties.
Speaker 1: That was so sick when you roundhouse kicked that mannequin. President Trump cool, like, okay, but I mean you look at this. One quote right from this is from an interview a couple of weeks ago, when Time interviewed Trump. This is very telling. This is from Time. Quote the Supreme Court ruled that. This is them asking about kill mar Abrego Garcia. This is the person asking Trump the Supreme Court ruled that you have to bring kill mar Abrego Garcia back. Aren't you disobeying the Supreme Court? Trump responded, quote, That's not what my people told me. They say that this Nino decision was something very different and actually was something in my favor.
Speaker 2: Which, like we saw that and we assumed that that was they were joking, right, Like we saw him say, oh like that. Somebody asked him about the Supreme Court and he was like that that was for us, right, and they were like, yeah, yeah, boss, that's for us, And then everybody kind of laughed, Like I didn't think that he actually believed that this Nino decision that went against him was actually for him.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's like a startling lack of content with reality.
Speaker 1: It is if your brain is the consistency of Nickelodeon floam from the early nineties, and you are so senile that truly you just the repetition of a sentence will then become your reality. That's like what this totally is. Because he's even like what illegal, No, that's not He always says a thing is like not, My people told me that that's that's not the case, when it's like, oh are they? They're telling you this. This makes sense. Not to excuse anything what Trump's doing, but I think it just shows his mental state, and these people are basically realizing, Okay, we can get him to do really unpopular shit if we lie about it, and then when the shit hits the fan freak out and then dial back things like the tariffs or him softening his stance on China or whatever. But yeah, it's a coddling old man day every.
Speaker 5: Day inside of manifesting in a way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that the only people who are allowed to manifest are these like massive CEOs and like the people who have just like lucked them their way into being like the one in a million who like actually succeed all the way in capitalism, and then they become surrounded by a bunch of people who are just managing them, you know, and just like trying, like trying to create whatever they think that person.
Speaker 1: Wants to see.
Speaker 2: It's like the whole world of celebrity. It's the whole world of like the people who are like billionaires are have not been anywhere in the realm of reality for you know, since they hit a billion dollars, you know. Yeah, And he's like all of those things combined. He's a celebrity, billionaire, CEO, president, and like he's just so insulated.
Speaker 5: He's like the Gecko Geico in a way. He's kind of just like.
Speaker 1: Hmm, go on in many ways, fake accent even no, but it is like what you're saying, Jack, it's the same. It's like having a terrible entourage a celebrity. Like at a certain point, all those people you hire, they realize they have to keep the money hose on for their like for like their livelihoods too, and they're like, yeah, take that gig, Yeah, do this, do this, because I need you to be working for me to get a check, so like we'll fucking do whatever. And unfortunately, like you're saying, it's now all kind of coming together in the form of a presidency.
Speaker 2: Like as Brian pointed out, like the Geico Gecko, like the the number one celebrity who's like around the poisonous on trot, like the Geico Geckos, like a massive coke problem that like I mean, that's been document.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we should justin maybe let's cut that. I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I don't want to like with you know, we we care, like it's he gets.
Speaker 5: He's so very well connected and like you know, the dark underbelly of.
Speaker 1: Yeah Salamander or society.
Speaker 2: He said, Ducks disappeared just for you know, looking like the affleck do. But he is, as Gilbert Godfrey, what happened? It's just like, oh you thought those are natural clues. I yeah, we hope he gets the help he needs, but like with the entourage around him that he has, like you know, it's just a bunch of people paid to get him to the next commercial gig and like keep him from flipping out.
Speaker 1: But think about, like at his coke think about like if you I don't know, this is like a weird example, but like if your grandparents are like babysitting you and your bunch of friends and like, dude, my grandpa's fucking out of it. Dude, he will drive us to buy fireworks. They tell him they're legal and actually you can play with them at thirteen years old and not eighteen.
Speaker 2: Watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, grandpa, can you take us to get fireworks? I thought that you're too young. No, they just changed the law that you can actually be nine years old and handle fireworks. Oh okay, can we go? Sure? Like that's the same thing. It's like, can we like disappear a bunch of immigrants right now? And I don't know if Trump's first reaction is like, that's unconscionable, but they're gonna be like it's people are gonna fucking love it. And then he's like, oh, well they're gonna love it sure, And I'm not. I don't. I don't have enough critical thinking skills to really do anything else. And it aligns with my slight desire to, you know, mistreat people of color. So yeah, let's go fire cloud of power that like has no center to it, and everyone else trying to like, yeah, it's like a vape cloud that they're just trying to push in one direction.
Speaker 2: I mean vape vape clouds are cool compared to it. That's true. Yeah, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back to talk about what's on everybody's mind, the debate over one one hundred person one gorilla. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back.
Speaker 2: I do just at the the Floam reference smiles. I don't want that to go by without being remarked on.
Speaker 1: It's okay, Like I said, check my bio encyclopedic knowledge of the nineties.
Speaker 5: Is that the one that would like that would almost like crack when you molded it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like a bunch of little beads almost like held together.
Speaker 2: It was really what if.
Speaker 1: Rice Krispy Treats was toy you know what if Rice Krispy Treats gave you bowel problems, if you even touched your mouth after handling it. It's if you ate them.
Speaker 2: They were in your body for the rest of your life and also your children's lives somehow your progeny.
Speaker 1: Also.
Speaker 5: Now every third person is like gooning to as Mr Shit and we have we have Floam to thank for that.
Speaker 1: I know, right exactly. We were just out here just trying to figure it out on our own with Nickelodeon Floam. I gave it the full brand name because I felt like people would forget if I didn't properly say Nickelodeon Floam.
Speaker 2: Nickelodeon Floam, a larger and larger part of their body is just made out of floam, like instead of a left knee. I have flown down there. I can just mold it and remold it as I walk. Anyways, old debate, and this is not this is not the story that I thought I was going to be talking about today. And yet, like I said, we report on the zeitgeist, we don't make it. Yesterday I had the experience of checking social media and it just being wall to wall one hundred men versus one gorilla, you know, commentary videos, and so this is an old debate. I mean this sort of debate.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: There was one of my favorite articles from the early days of Cracked, like two thousand and eight Cracked, I think, was by this writer Chris Buckles, that was just like how to fight twenty children like as one person, And it was just like really well thought out and good advice that i've that has shaped me as a person.
Speaker 5: Used.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'll link off to that as my work in media. But it is kind of one of those questions like once you start thinking about it, it's kind of hard to stop. I will say, the original question, as originally posed on Reddit five years ago, I think has a fairly simple answer because they really stacked the deck against the humans. Oh yeah, yeah. The original question was like, all right, first round, you can only go two at a two men at a time, yeah, and they're in a grilla exhibit. The second one is in a construction as at a construction site, and you can go ten at a time. They also say that it just has to be like one hundred average people. And then the third one, I guess you can go all at once, but you're not going to have many people left after those first two rounds to go all at once, which is like really your only hope.
Speaker 1: I think all of the sort of modifiers are meaningless because really the question is how can what just in a in a fair one? Okay, no tools, no weapons, not because this guy is basically bringing up like rainbow road type ship where like the headrilla fall off the edge or some ship. No, what is it going to take for one hundred human beings? To beat the fuck out of a gorilla.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a cage match or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, yeah, And my first reaction is it's not happening. It's not happening. Ever, my big thing with all of this is human beings don't have like fangs. They cannot draw blood. So you're you're you're counting on purely overpowering a gorilla. I mean, we do have thangs, moms, but can you okay, can you can you draw blood from a through that gorilla's fur?
Speaker 2: Probably if I had to, if he stayed still, if he stayed still, if I hit the finger real hard like Charlie, yeah, I probably could. I can bite through a lot I got.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying that's how I see a gorilla somehow, like if it fought a tiger's because the tiger slashes the gorilla and is like it's leaking in a straight up hold the gorilla. Fucking hundred people aren't doing that. The first guy that gets ripped in fucking half by this thing, all people are gonna go, h no, right, you need all these other things that I think you need.
Speaker 2: I think first of all, we need to we need a draft, like and not not a like military's where we're going by birthday. I think we need to mcgoover's style, get to put together a team mcgroov of the film, not the SNL sketch, Oh thank you, which the film, the film sketch. The sketch is a completely different thing. The film is a work of art. The you know, I think we need to be able to intentionally assemble a team. I think there needs to be some sort of a squid Game style motivation that is going to prevent what you're talking about where they see a person get ripped in half and everybody's like, this is not worth it. It needs to be worth Like it needs to be one hundred men and the grill are in the cage and like it's not over until.
Speaker 1: It would be sick in squid Game, like in the actual like a new season of squid Game, Like when there's like four hundred people left, it's like all four hundred y'all versus gorilla right now, right, Yeah, a lot of y'all are going to die, a lot of y'all going to die. But four hundred four hundred feels like maybe.
Speaker 2: Four hundred, So how are you? I don't even know what hundred is different than one hundred other than like, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like a gorilla killing three hundred people with its bare hands may tire the gorilla out get tired, and then the other ones are just like coming up and like kind of yeah, I feel like that would probably be.
Speaker 2: True after like fifty right, like that, that's a lot of people to kill.
Speaker 5: I could see that. I almost think now, I think you could almost it can be. It can almost be a random assortment of one hundred people. It doesn't they don't. You don't even need to do a draft. You just need a coach that's like like a maestro, Yes, a maestro who's running plays and basically the goal of every play is somebody goes for the eyes. I think once you get the eyes.
Speaker 2: Brian, Okay, that is right, it's gotta be the eyes. Although all right, so this is what I'm saying, you gotta be the eyes. Like that convinced me in a split second. At first, I was like, we need a like legendary football coach.
Speaker 1: I think is the coach?
Speaker 2: No, I know, well, now I'm thinking we need still still I want Mike Tomlin. Mike Tomlin from the Steelers and like just every year they have a terrible team. Everyone's like, these guys are gonna win two games this year, and every year they are like a two seed, right, And he's just has out energy. He like yells at everybody cut your eyelids off, cut your eyelids off when they go out to play, which is just like this, So I don't know. And and also a great tactician, although we might not need one with Brian.
Speaker 1: No, I do know this.
Speaker 2: Brian has absolutely I just thinking primatologist would be helpful, like somebody who sure, yeah, can really speak to it, but like a primatologists where you've like you know, kidnapped their kid, because other way they're going to be like, we should let the gorilla kill us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I don't want to introduce like you know, there could be something like gorillas hate like reflective material or something like maybe like a non weapon object that evens it up. But I don't even like that idea because now we're not talking we're talking about one hundred people. Yes, one hundred people with tools can beat in a gorilla right with just if we're going to brass tacks, bare hands and feet, I think Brian, yes, you you take out the vision. Now you're dealing with an animal has no situational awareness, and now you can kind of get a little but even then you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna be teasing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, way terrified all of a sudden, but you're still solved the part that you have negated the absolute exponentially higher strength of the gorilla, because the second you grab it, the gorilla will just put hands on you, rip you a half, even if it can't see. And I feel like you're gonna you're just gonna take the gorilla off even more with his eyes being all gorilla is po Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: So I was.
Speaker 2: I was fully on the You just overwhelm it with one hundred at once. And then this Guardian article about this debate pointed out that somebody did a three professional soccer players, three professional football players verse one hundred children in.
Speaker 1: Japan in Japan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the professional soccer players won.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they beat the ship up them.
Speaker 2: They won.
Speaker 1: I mean they won one nothing, but like I don't mean well they if you see the video, they had like sixty kids in goal, like literally sixty, Like there were like sixty kids goalkeepers in the goal, and they just had to kind of headed in over them, but like the way they just the three of them just spread the field out and were just hitting long balls that they can like like just had the kids chasing right and it was pretty It was pretty impressive. If it's the one I'm thinking of, because I've definitely seen that one. I was like, Yeah, their skills are just way too high to them get for the kids to handle that. I think if it's one hundred random people, it depends. I do think you're probably gonna get one person who screams go for the eyes in that group, you know what I mean? Yeah, and then and then you might have a chance. If we're allowed to build a team. I do like the humans chance, like if we're allowed to draft on even if we're allowed to draft ten, there's no answer. There's no answer, Like there's no conceivable answer for how you gate. What are you gonna do? Like have ten guys try and hold the arms right like a gorilla will.
Speaker 2: I'm talking Mike Tomlin and the foremost primatologist and then like Lawrence Taylor or whoever the closest person to love Taylor Kurrent.
Speaker 1: I'm actually I like the eye thing, but I keep coming back to the thing like you can't negate the strength. I do think the strength.
Speaker 5: Even in the eye think I do think ten people will die for sure, Oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah. Ultimately the people will win.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I do think that's right. Like everyone, everyone's pushing vibes right now.
Speaker 5: No one's giving me plays, and then you you show them, give me.
Speaker 1: An example of the play. What happens? How are you gonna like, you can't can't damage your gorilla's achilles? Ten do with your teeth, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to think the first ten are absolutely going to get sucked up, that eleventh person goes through the eyes, and then the ninety rush the fuck out of the gorilla.
Speaker 2: I think a big difference is going to be if it's in a ring where no, you can't pick up something that's close by, because like our access to tools or like our ability to use whatever is at hand as a tool was like the crucial thing that allowed us to like get out of the food chain. So like if if it's a gorilla enclosure at a zoo even or like you know, I feel like that is almost an advantage because then I do feel like you can, like you have rocks you.
Speaker 1: Know, Okay, how about this not see but that's the thing. Yeah, I get that, but I'm I think that the thing that is in the appealing about this problem is how could the pure just strength of the human body overcome a gorilla? Obviously that's.
Speaker 2: If you've been watching these sports these old core videos have run uh in a place where he believes I'm with him.
Speaker 1: Just over that like like track, you just hear this song playing that's like the Hope and all the Hope Core. You're like, oh man, and then the hundred guys ran after the gorilla.
Speaker 5: It is very graphic and the poking.
Speaker 2: I'm saying one like access to one rock. I don't know. So there's this story. I like that guys versus a guy named Golia.
Speaker 5: This is what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Going biblically the original sports Hope Core. Wow, way to bring it back, way to bring it back?
Speaker 2: All right? Brian, what a pleasure having you on the Daily Zeist as always? Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 5: You can find me Instagram beat Brian with an I Underscore b a h E or TikTok is Brian Bahi.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, And is there a work of media or so media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I believe. I sent the link and it is exactly what I aut. It's it's Steph Curry, you know, and he's talking about how he was like a tiny dude or whatever. Not tiny, but you know he was very underestimated, I guess early on because he's not like super tall, he wasn't super big. And then it and then there's a hard cut to him just like going to town.
Speaker 2: Going to town, making some perfect it's a it is a great clip. And there is a great documentary called, uh, what's that documentary called that? We we watched it for boosties a while back. I think it was just this underrated documentary. Yeah, I think it was all underrated. But like it's wild because players who you're like, man, they they're like a real journeyman, and you know they they nobody thought they were going to be good. But then you like go back and watch their high school games and it's like, oh, they were the biggest, strongest, best athlete, best basketball player in their town by like one hundred percent. They were like so much better than everybody else. But like Steph Curry was actually small for high school basketball, he like was a late bloomer, so he was like a tiny little guy. Like he looks tiny out there in his high school games and it's just like throwing up threes with his whole body. And then he like has a late ish growth spurt. But we even saw it, Like I had kind of forgotten that when he first came to our attention in college basketball, he was like small for college basketball, Like he was skinny and you know, just like a little dude. And I think he added like a couple of inches and a bunch of muscle like once he got into the NBA. It is a wild story that like it's you just have to like keep.
Speaker 1: The thing that even struck me is like his dad couldn't even get him like Nepo babied and of Virginia Tech. Like they're like that was your dream, Virginia.
Speaker 2: They're like, we love you, Dell, but this guy is a lose boy.
Speaker 1: No sorry, off you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they couldn't even get him into Virginia Tech. You had to go to Davidson and uh just a yeah. It is a it is a hopium story. It's Hope Core, Hope Core. I highly highly recommend it amazing miles. Where can people find you as their working media?
Speaker 1: You've been enjoy ah Man, Yes, find me everywhere at Miles of Gray. Basically that's yeah, anywhere that symbol. If you like basketball like Brian does, come check out Miles and jack out mad Masks. Some people say it's the hope core of basketball podcast.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And if you are a hardcore ninety day fiance fan, then check me out on four to twenty day Fiance. Let's see this post like from Blue Skies from at Jake grumbachtop, you's got a social posted your child will toil in the factory. It will be masculine, it will restore our national character, it will make America great again. Oh my child, my child will run a lucrative right wing podcast. That yeah, yeah, there's that. And then another part was just sort of Ben Collins, who you know runs the Onion now at Ben Collins's social uh quote treeted this sort of like part of JB. Pritzker's speech where he was talking about like you know, we need we need actual like resistance against this government to get something done. And that's where Sean Handy like he's calling for a violence this is a call to violence against MAGA when he's just like, no, how about people don't get pushed around anymore. But this one part that Tim or tim Ben Collins displaying his tim onion Yeah Ben highlighted was autistic kids and adults who are loving contributors to our society don't deserve to be stigmatized by a weird NEPO baby who wants dashed at dead bear inside his car. Damn fucking now, go off and don't talk about your billions, JB. Don't talk about your billions. Keep a stay on message, baby, stay on message.
Speaker 2: Let's see you can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore, O'Brian on Blue Sky at Jack ob the number one on Mad Boosties and let's see what was up? Been doing rob at okay, but still tweeted Kevin Bacon, John Hamm, what's next, Tim Pork. It's just a good question that needs to be answered. And then a lot of people were retweeting the tweet from at Ned's feed where during the NFL draft it said the Cardinals pick is in and he said we got a new pope, and Matthew Waltherer tweeted this is the first NFL Draft ever held during a papal interregnum. First chance in history to make this joke. Who knows when it could be funny again?
Speaker 1: Was good time?
Speaker 2: Nope, you know the Cardinals pick was in, but unfortunately they picked a wide receiver. They did not pick it.
Speaker 1: Oh, the messy one pulled out of the conclave.
Speaker 2: Oh did he?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Giovanni Angelo, bet you who we're talking about. Who's there going his way? No, he pulled out of the conclave. But yeah, May seventh is the date to start the conclave, so you better watch conclave by next seven starts.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh my god, what I thought it was happening right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought it immediate.
Speaker 2: No, bra I was working the publishing industry. It's fucking just taking their sweet ass time. You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at Daily Zeitgeist. Where at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram, you can go to the description of this episode wherever you're listening to it, and you can find the footnote Nope, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We'll click off to that Steph Curry Hope core clip.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Hey, Miles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is an La band called Coastal Kites and the track is called savilein Stardust sa v A l I n Stardust. It sounds I don't know how to describe it. It sounds like you found an old tape in you're, like a high eight cam quorder tape in your garage and you dust it off and.
Speaker 2: You find out your dad was a surfer, her mom was a surfer.
Speaker 1: Like it has like this grainy, psyche surf vibe to it is what I imagine. So it just feels look as La is finally starting to realize that this is a desert and the temperature warms up. I like music that helps you feel like that. So this is a sablein Stardust by Coastal Kites.
Speaker 2: All right, we will link off to that in the footnotes. Today is a production of by Heart Radio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app Apple podcast wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we will talk to you all then, Bye bye. The Daily Zeit Guys is executive produced by Catherine Law, co produced by bae Wag, co
Speaker 1: Produced by Victor Wright, edited and engineered by Justin Connor,