Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Are you ready? It's about to hit the fan.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Unsanctioned Thursdays ho wrestling.
Speaker 3: With Fready, Ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Unsanctioned Thursdays, the show created by you for you. Today's episode we get into voicemails from you, the listener on behalf of Jeff. I this is Chris Christofferson. No, he's a real Guysfjefferson and this is Unsanctioned Thursdays here. What's up everybody? Sorry? That guy's so in professional? Can you remember his own name? But I'm here, mister Jeff's here, and today you are here as well. You're an actual part of the show. You're gonna hear your voices, You're gonna hear your question. So I hope you didn't use naughty language, because if you did, I'm calling your mamas. Jeff, how are you today, sir?
Speaker 4: Feeling good man? Woke up look late and that's but get I needed the extra rest, you know.
Speaker 3: Sorry, you're allowed to sleep in. You don't have babies. You don't have no babies yet. I'm good, It's okod me. I woke up at five thirty life's fun party on. Let's start the show with us as our amazing producer, Alex is going to play your voice messages for us today so that we can hear your lovely voices, your questions, and hopefully give you some quality answers.
Speaker 1: This first one comes from Eddie Lamb.
Speaker 5: Eddie Lamb, my man, Hey, Freddie, this is Eddie from Annapolis, Maryland. Just curious what wrestlers in WWE do you think it would be better suited in a W and you would like to see there? And what wrestlers from a W do you think would work better in WWE.
Speaker 3: So we've flirted with this topic before, Jeff. As far as the AEW to WWE, I think Ricky Starks would transition seamlessly because of his ability on the mic and how heavily valued that is within the company's higher ups. If you're good on the mic, you will get a shot. They will find people to bounce off you and work around you, even if you're not. You know, the best wrestler people who will make you look great. The cool thing with Ricky Starks is he can already do the work and he's sick on the mic, so I think he could be a big star there in WWE. As far as reversing that, that's a little trickier because the people who are working right now are working really well. Granted, we all want to see La Night with a title, but he's kind of bigger than a title right now, so I don't know if he necessarily needs one. The reverence for the Japanese wrestling at AEW seems much greater than at WWE, So I'll throw out chins Kannakamura as somebody who would get quality wins at ae W against top opponents, whereas they feel a bit more reticent to pull that off in WWE. So there's my answer.
Speaker 4: What about you, Jeff, I feel like a lot of the wrestlers in ae W, like like if Ricky Starks comes over to ae W or sorry comes over to WWE or something, it would be like he's he's got big star power and like he's got the he's got everything going for him, but he's undersized.
Speaker 3: And I feel like like.
Speaker 4: Shinske goes to AW is like he's a giant over there, Like there are a lot of like smaller guys in ae W and then.
Speaker 3: Big that's true, they got the Adam Coles and whatnot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so's I feel like immediately anybody that goes from WWE over to a W would be kind of like this larger bodied person, So it'd be tough to make those I would have a tough time predicted who would do well from a W two WWE, So I don't I don't really know, just it would feel like, can imagine Roman Reigns at AW would.
Speaker 6: Be like what what are we?
Speaker 3: But I could imagine a Baron Corbin at an ADW as Tom Pestock, you know what I mean, and just doing his thing and killing it there and being more of himself than the characters that they create for Yeah, that was, but yeah, it is harder to go back the other way. You're right, it seems like that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like Daniel Bryan, like there's nobody more over in the world, And when he was at AB or when he was at dB, he felt kind of like a middle of the lineup guy as far and.
Speaker 3: Until he popped. When he popped, he was the biggest star.
Speaker 4: But I'm wondering if that was because of size, size and Vince and all these giants that he has to slay, Like, I just don't wonder if it's a body sized thing.
Speaker 3: But I don't know. No, you're You're not wrong. I mean they definitely have a bias to the bigger guys. But guess what, so do you next question?
Speaker 1: This next one coming up is from Timothy Miller.
Speaker 7: Hey, Freddy, Hey, Jeff, A longtime fan here. This is Timothy down in a Savannah, Georgia, little south of where you guys just were up in Atlanta.
Speaker 8: But I just wanted to reach out and inquire.
Speaker 7: About something you guys have haven't touched on yet, and that is the TV show Heels. I'm the one starring Steven emmel Over on Stars. It's pretty great if you haven't checked it out. I think season two is a lot stronger than season one, and I just want to see what you guys thoughts are on it. If you have been given up with it, Is there anything in the work so we can maybe potentially get Steven emmel on maybe break down some his actual in ring work and his televised en ring work. Yeah, maybe we can bring some of that down. I think it's really fun. Thank you guys for amazing podcast now twice a week. Wonderful and keep up a good work, guys.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 3: What a nice thank you, sir. Appreciate you a lot. I have not seen Heels. I will say this, I don't watch any scripted television. I watch movies, sports, and wrestling, so it's really hard to get me into a series. I will say this. Every convention I've gone to someone has told me you have to watch Heels. Every wrestling fan I meet who's a fan of the show says, dude, you have to watch Heals. So maybe I have to watch Hels. I'm a fan of Stephen and Mel. I liked what he did. I thought Cody put him over big when he did start us versus Steven Mmel in WWE, and I thought he was the first celebrity to really do a good job in WWE in forever. And I was even on an episode where I took a bump from Randy Orton, and I thought what Steven Emmel did, because he did a whole match, was far, far superior than what anyone else had done up to that point. And now I think it's it sort of opened the door for other people to jump in there too, because they can show look what we did with Steven mml We can make you look this good too, and they can kind of sell themselves to the Logan Poles and the bad Bunnies of the world. So I haven't seen it. I probably should watch it. If I ever do, we will review it. And that's all I can promise you, sir.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never seen the show. We only talk about real wrestling here, all right, not fake wrestling. I had to talk about some scripting crap. I'm here to talk about real professional wrestling.
Speaker 3: Tell him, Jeff, all right, next cliz.
Speaker 1: This next one comes from Donna Yononi.
Speaker 9: Hey, Jeff and Freddy loved the podcast and listening since the beginning. My question for both of you guys is if you could write for any wrestler and any promotion, now, who would it be? And Jeff, when are you going to be in Philly?
Speaker 4: Got to come to Philly soon.
Speaker 3: So as far as the story, that's too on the spot for me to give you a quality story. Maybe Jeff can come up with something amazing by the time I'm done, but that's that's a lot. If I could go back to WWE, I would one hundred percent want to come up with something for La Night, but I don't think he needs me, so it would be someone that I would have to find as more under serviced, and so I I would have to go to someone like Santos Escobar where I could get to know him, talk to him about you know what kind of man he likes to put out there, groom that with the wrestler that he puts himself out there as, and then come up with a reason as to why he's fighting. But I really like him a lot. We had Zelena on here and she gave me shit for saying I didn't want her as his manager, and she was right, but it wasn't anything bad about her. It was just that I think Escobar can talk, and I think he should be given the opportunity to if you just give him the right story and let him speak in a voice that he's familiar with and not just you know, random dialogue. So that would be the WWE one ae W It's Ricky Stark's all day or it's Hobbes all day. Those would be the two that I would want to to do something for. So that's that's my answer, And I'm sorry that I didn't give you a story, even though that was a part of your request. But that is a lot to ask, right.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing. My answer is is gonna sound like predictable and like a joke, but it it's something I would genuinely do, and I think it would genuinely work. I'd go to that locker room. I'd find all the biggest guys almost you know, a big cast or now big whatever it is. I would just make a stable of giants and bronze strum and we put them all together. And what you do is you just be like. Their whole shtick is like we don't talk, we beat ass. So like there there's no mic work. That's the part of the gimmick is that there's no micros. Yeah, oh we're not like these yappy little shits out here.
Speaker 3: We we just we just beat shit up.
Speaker 8: That's what we do.
Speaker 4: And oh, you want a big promo boom, all four giants just slamming these wrestlers, And I think it'd be cool to just have.
Speaker 1: And now you don't.
Speaker 4: Need one big guy with a small guy or any of those things. You kind of got this, just this stable of giants, and I think that'd be awesome.
Speaker 3: I as I often do, I'm switching my answer. I'm going that'd be fun, right A bunch of giants. I'm going with I'm going with Jeffs. Going with Jefs.
Speaker 1: Next question, so instead of the Powers of Pain, we got the Pom the Powers of Meat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Palm Squad.
Speaker 4: Even Miro wouldn't be big enough for my for my stable, I need them to be tall, giant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do the mid meat classic, and it would be my guys that are just just not quite big.
Speaker 4: Like Hobbs and Merrow, like those are big guys. Yeah, but they're they're like they're like mid meats why and strong, you know, like I want these Vince freaks. Actually, you know what, Vince might be the only person in the world who would like that pitch. He'd be like, wait a minute, probably, I think he's on.
Speaker 3: I like it. But I like the guys that are as wide as they are tall, Like I like Otis and Wwe. I love Miro. I love how the Vikings like the Viking six six feet wide and six feet tall.
Speaker 1: This next one coming up is from Jessica Marion Narrow.
Speaker 3: Hey Marin Narrow.
Speaker 10: Hey, guys, I just want to say that.
Speaker 11: I absolutely love your podcast, Freddie. I think what you're doing is so awesome. You and mister Jeff Dye. I think what you guys have put together is awesome, and as a very very long time WWF WWE fan, I just want to say thank you for everything that you guys do.
Speaker 8: I think it's.
Speaker 10: Awesome hearing your experiences from the writing to how it's evolved and how your kids are involved, and I think it's awesome. So just wanted to share my love and to say how grateful I am. So keep doing the thing. I'll be listening on the other end. Leve always Jess from Queen's New York Bath.
Speaker 3: Yo, Miss Maren Narrow, You're super nice and we send you tons of love. Thank you so much. It's nice to get to do something you love as your job, and I know that not everyone gets to do that, and this is something that I truly enjoy getting to do every week. I don't get to see Jeff as often as i'd like because he's a traveling stand up comedian and is gone all the time. So it's our chance to kind of say hi and make each other smile, and it's it's a blessing to get to do this show, and I don't take it for granted. So thank you for the message. We appreciate you listening.
Speaker 4: Ready for a heel turn. What's her name, Jess, Jess Marnaro or whatever you call yourselves.
Speaker 3: Listen, No, New Jersey stinks, don't do it.
Speaker 4: We love you, j Just She's from Queens, Oh Queens, Yeah, Queens, New York stinks too.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My buddy, my buddy, Randy's from there. Donald Trump's from there. Listen, Queen's is a dump and you know it, Jesz just kidding.
Speaker 3: We love it. We love you. You're the best.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening. I just wanted to give you something a little different and some that's how That's how bad guy wrestlers show their love.
Speaker 3: That's what you get, Jess, that's what you get. No good deed goes unpunished, all right? Next mixed out of the box.
Speaker 1: This next one's from Dane Thompson, Big Dane, Hey.
Speaker 6: Freddy, This is Dane from Joplin, Missouri.
Speaker 2: I'm curious if the main Cody Rosey American Nightmare is set for sure to go to WrestleMania and fight a Roman reigns again and get that belt. Let me know what you think. Thanks, it's gotta be.
Speaker 3: It's gotta be otherwise there's no reason for him to be held away for so long. They put them on a different show for crying out loud, like they've done everything they can to keep them apart so that when Royal Rumble comes, they can start revving up this for this rematch, it's gotta be that's the only reason he lost was because he has to eventually win, and that'll be when Roman leaves to go and make movies or whatever it is he has planned. If not, then it was just a colossal waste. And I feel like he would be bummed that he even came back if that's how that story ended. So I think we will see the road to WrestleMania be laced with Cody Rhodes and Roman reigns his blood and sweat, and then we'll get a big final match and Cody'll finally go over. Roman can go take the break that he is for sure due. And if it means Hollywood, then party on.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 3: It just means wrestling's getting even more mainstream and there'll be more opportunities for even more wrestlers. I think it is Destiny, my friend, Destiny Day.
Speaker 1: This next one coming up is from Kenzie Roberts.
Speaker 6: First off, I want to say rest in power to great Terry Falk getting the great Pray White.
Speaker 3: Who we're sign to.
Speaker 6: Secondly, my question is for both of you, Well, you guys accept a job from Bas McMahon on creatives. But the kicker is he said, you guys work remotely. See you guys can still do your other game faced us. The show all was a great show, always five stars for me. Keep up the great work.
Speaker 3: That's an interesting question, man, that I do it. Listen, yeah, man, there are times where I've thought about it, and there are wrestlers who inspire you enough to do it. That would be a hard note. If I could stay home. Although you want to be there once you go and you're a part of the process, you really you miss it when you're not there. If I had the freedom of schedule to go to the shows I could make, and to stay home for the ones I couldn't and work remotely, that would be a hard That would be a I would be hard pressed to say no, regardless of what I was doing. Even if I was working on a movie, I'd be like, well, when I'm not learning lines, i could write some sweet wrestling dialogue, write all the shit this director won't let me say freaking jerk. So yeah, man, I could. I could see something like that happening. What about you, dude, you jump on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I would do it just to see how well I would do or like what they're expecting. I would just be too upset with myself if I said no, So I'd try and if it worked out, then I'd be really happy.
Speaker 6: And if it's just like this isn't a thing.
Speaker 4: But the fact that it, like if I'd have to like change my life and live in Connecticut and travel four days a week or any of that stuff, like, it's just the easiest know in the world. But if you could maybe work remote, I would definitely give it my best shot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could plan out your comedy circuit to the raw schedule and you could do the clubs Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and then all the wrestlers would get there and then you just help them out on Monday, man, so they talk better shit and then you fly back home. Jack, what about that schedule, Jeff perfect.
Speaker 4: It would be a lot of travel, but it'd be fun.
Speaker 3: Ain't nobody more prepared for travel than a stand up comedian. You're taking the damn job. Jeff. All right, final.
Speaker 1: Question, next one is coming up from Mandy.
Speaker 3: Talk to me, Mandy, Hey, Freddy, Hey, Jeff.
Speaker 8: Mandy from Dallas. Thank you guys so much for doing your podcast. I just want to say, it's super fun to listen to someone that I was such a huge fan of growing up to bring on one of their friends and twice a week just talk about something that I love, and you guys have a super fresh take on it. I like that you have such an insider info on it, but also that you're so positive about it. It's not a lot of negative, heavy critiquing. I feel like, even when you guys do have something to say about it that's, you know, not so great. You guys are still excited about it and optimistic about the changes that they can make, and you know what that can become. And so thank you for just always lending that positivity to your podcast. And thank you for just being fun and nerdy and giving us Wrestling Dorks another fun podcast to listen to now twice a week because you guys are super freaking awesome. So I love you guys. Thank you so much for doing what you do.
Speaker 3: That's what a rational human being what a, what A, what a rational, accurate perspective on life and on us, Jeff, big love to you.
Speaker 4: She realizes that when we talk trash about wrestling, we still love the wrestlers and the wrestling. We're talking about it in the way you talk about a soap opera star. You know, you don't hate the lady on the soap opera, you just hate the character she's playing and what the story might be.
Speaker 3: So and I always thought they were super hot, like the eighties chicks on the soap operas. Oh man, like Lana. I'd walk in the room, my mom would be my mom would be like smoking her Carlton Menthols, and I'd walk through and see some smoking hot lady and some dude making out, and I'd be like, Yo, hello, I was only ten. Can I watch soaps too? What is this show? Mom? Seriously, though, thank you for the love, and I'm glad that we're able to entertain you. Thank you for thinking we have fresh takes on this. We both genuinely like wrestling, and I think that comes through every single week. I've been asked to give negative takes when I've done other podcasts, and I've been hard pressed to do it because it's just not it's not really a part of my nature. And to know Jeff at all is to know he just wants everybody to laugh and get along. So Hayten's not big on his nature either. He'll find a way, he'll find a reason to love anybody absolutely, Ladies and gentlemen. That was the voicemail on sanctioned Thursday episode. It's all about you, for you, by you, the people, and that's what we are. We're men of the people, mister Jeff I, mister Freddie Prinz, and we will see you guys soon every Wednesday and every Thursday right here on Wrestling with Right.
Speaker 12: This has been a production of Iheart'smichael Toura podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 6: M