Speaker 1: A you found the Second Date podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Finally, it's pretty easy, actually, thanks for being herese I love it.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: And hey, just a reminder if you want to endure or punish yourself for forty five more minutes, we've got a full show.
Speaker 2: Who I dare you to try it at the Brook and Jeffrey Feed. But for now, we'll get into some questionable relationship advice.
Speaker 4: Second Date up Date.
Speaker 5: We all want to hit redo sometimes in life. Oh yeah, like Alexis wants to hit redo on her eyebrows.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I want her to.
Speaker 1: Redo the stereot controls these.
Speaker 4: No, I haven't told you that yet, have I?
Speaker 2: Alexis, No jeff for doing that right now?
Speaker 4: I have a plan, don't worry. We'll talk about that later.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 5: What about when it comes to an awkward situation that happens during a good date and you don't want to redo the whole night, just redo that awkward moment. Yeah, that's why Scott emailed us for help. And Scott, I know you and I have talked about Alexis's eyebrows, but let's not focus on.
Speaker 4: That right now. All right, We're just here to talk about your date.
Speaker 3: No idea, bro, talk was going like that these days.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about your date, Scott. Who's the girl that you went out with?
Speaker 6: Okay, her name is Erica?
Speaker 4: Okay, normal eyebrows?
Speaker 6: No, not at all.
Speaker 1: Exceptional.
Speaker 4: I was hoping you had like crazy brows. So what did you and Erica do for your date?
Speaker 6: Well? We met online and we went to dinner. Okay, nice place. Everything's going great. I go to wash my hands and I came out and I had like a napkin slash paper towel in between my flying like it was just.
Speaker 2: Hanging Wait, wait in your pants.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I poking out the zipper.
Speaker 2: Wait, do guys wipe that?
Speaker 5: No his lap because he's a gentleman at dinner, and then it got caught in the zipper.
Speaker 1: You're a super.
Speaker 6: It was a nice restaurant, so they don't have like paper towels. They have a nice linen type thing. So after I washed my hands, I have it in my hand and I noticed my fly was still down, so I dipped it up and I just walked out.
Speaker 4: And it was ducked in there.
Speaker 6: Okay it was And I just walked out, didn't even know it. And I'm about halfway and I see her face look at me and then look down and then look back at me.
Speaker 4: He's about to show me the most inappropriate magic.
Speaker 3: Either that or you're feeling real confident at that point.
Speaker 1: Oh you could see it.
Speaker 6: Wow, I did that thing where you turn around because obviously she's looking at something else. Yeah, And I was like what And then I looked down. Oh, and I see it, And what do you do? I should have turned around, just pulled it out.
Speaker 5: No, don't pull it, yeah, pull it out of the zipper, like it can't be that hard.
Speaker 1: What did you do?
Speaker 6: Here's what popped into my stupid brain. I thought, why don't we pull it out like a magician? Just keep being keeping and pulled it out like.
Speaker 4: One of those never ending scarves up your sleeves.
Speaker 6: I love.
Speaker 1: Huh, that's interesting.
Speaker 4: Was she impressed?
Speaker 6: She started laughing.
Speaker 1: Maybe you knew your audience, you know.
Speaker 6: I think she thinks that I did the napkin thing on purpose to be funny, But yeah, I did not, but I totally went with it. And I'm like, all right, let's go with that.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's hilarious when it comes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you painted this like it was this horrible moment, but actually it looked like it worked to your benefit on the date.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not done yet.
Speaker 5: Oh those are more embarrassing things.
Speaker 6: So I invited her back to my place, Okay, okay, and she says yes, I'm like sweet, I opened the door and standing there is my dad.
Speaker 4: Oh at your place?
Speaker 6: At my place?
Speaker 4: Do you liars?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Why is your dad inside your apartment?
Speaker 6: He just came over. He didn't tell me. You just wanted to come over, okay.
Speaker 3: Key, No, Obviously she's not gonna believe that it's your house. She's gonna think unless it's like a one bedroom apartment.
Speaker 6: No, I've got her two bedrooms. So I was like, dad, what are you doing here? And he's I just wanted to come vivid Ooh she's pretty. Who's this?
Speaker 5: Hope?
Speaker 4: I'm not ruined in your game?
Speaker 6: Son.
Speaker 4: What was Erica's reaction?
Speaker 6: Could you read that she was a little uncomfortable, like hot high?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she'd be shocked.
Speaker 3: I mean she could obviously sense how shocked you were, though.
Speaker 6: Too, right, Yeah, I hope.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 6: And at one point I decided, all right, let me get some drinks. Maybe I can eat the pain. And here he's going to leave soon. So I left them alone for I don't know five minutes. They were talking okay, And I came back and her vibe was completely different.
Speaker 4: She's already meeting the parents.
Speaker 6: So much.
Speaker 3: It's your dad one of those dads that is like super embarrassing, likes to tell horrible stories about you.
Speaker 6: Yes, he's the quintessential dad joke. Dad, Now we know where you got.
Speaker 4: The napkin trick.
Speaker 2: Idea apple and tree there?
Speaker 4: How did you and Erica and your dad leave things?
Speaker 6: So I'm trying to give him a right, Dad, good to see you, Good to see you. He just plops down on the couch. It's like, all right, let's watch a movie.
Speaker 2: Do you see I made two drinks dad.
Speaker 6: Erica just like you know what I've got an early morning. Yeah, I'm going to take off.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can't blame her.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you wanted to leave too.
Speaker 6: Oh I did? And so I start walking around and he goes, no, we're about to watch Harry Potter come back.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, that would have worked on me, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you get a chance to apologize?
Speaker 6: But I have not heard from her since?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's hard, dad, hill to climb up.
Speaker 5: Up now, I see why you would want to redo a few of those moments from the night, and we can't really redo them, but we can at least try and get you a redo on a second date.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna play a song. We'll come back.
Speaker 1: Will you kind to call his dad?
Speaker 3: Two?
Speaker 1: Three waymen.
Speaker 5: I think we've dealt with enough embarrassing moments, all right, let's just try and focus on some positives.
Speaker 4: We'll call Erica and try and get your second date. Updates after this second date update.
Speaker 5: The surprise, Dad, that's not just the name of my go to move for my bingo dates, it's what actually happened to one of our listeners, Scott recently during his first date with Erica. Yeah, because they went back to his place at the end of the night, and who was waiting there inside the door but his old pop ready to crack a Bruski and watch some Harry Potter with his boy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So obviously that.
Speaker 5: Situation put a damper on the romance, and ever since, Erica is not responding when Scott reaches out hoping to get another date. So we're going to step in kind of like his dad did, try and get that second date for him.
Speaker 4: Scott feeling ready for this?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was a painful recap. Scott, how are you feeling.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm hopeful.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good, but.
Speaker 6: A little nervous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, all of this.
Speaker 3: Was out of your control. I think anyone would be empathetic of that. You know, we all have cringe worthy parents.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and before we call her, Scott, you said that you noticed Erica was talking to your dad for a few minutes while you were in the other room.
Speaker 4: Did you ever ask your dad what he said to her?
Speaker 6: I did. I was like, Hey, what what happened to you? I don't know, we just made some small Oh.
Speaker 1: And you just took that advice value?
Speaker 4: Oh god.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's no way that your dad would ever swoop in on your dates.
Speaker 3: No. I thought he was just gonna tell like a terrible story about like how he got stood up on prom or.
Speaker 5: Something like that, or maybe he asked her like if she was in gryffindor Slytherine. I mean, let's just call Erica and find out what happened. We're going to dial the number right now and see what she has to say.
Speaker 4: Let's do this. You ready, Scott.
Speaker 6: All right, let's do this for better or for worse.
Speaker 4: All Right, here we go. He Hey, is this Erica?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. We're looking for the biggest Harry Potter fans in the area.
Speaker 4: You a potterhead?
Speaker 7: Oh God, I like it, But I'm not like a crazy Wait what is this about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, It's not about that.
Speaker 4: That's just a side question.
Speaker 5: The real question that we want to ask about is your date the other night with a guy named Scott.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean that's okay.
Speaker 2: It's probably a hard date to forget.
Speaker 4: We're doing something called a second date update.
Speaker 5: We're trying to help Scott figure out what went wrong when you two hung out together.
Speaker 3: And to be fair, Scott definitely has some ideas of what it.
Speaker 5: Or maybe nothing went wrong and it's something totally unrelated to that night.
Speaker 4: We can focus on what went right. I heard he made you laugh.
Speaker 7: I'm not understanding the second date thing, like he was just wanting to know my story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because Scott told us his version of the story and he knows that afterwards you haven't been responding to him, and he's just trying to figure out the reason why.
Speaker 7: I don't know how much he told you.
Speaker 4: He told us about a little napkin trick that he showed you.
Speaker 1: And that you thought was funny.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was pretty risky, Like I don't know how if he knew that, I would laugh, Like you know, he came out in the bathroom with like a tissue and a zipper.
Speaker 2: But the risk paid off, right, great reward.
Speaker 7: I thought it was hilarious and like, I really really like funny guys.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I'm going to fast forward from dinner to Scott's house. What was your reaction when you saw his dad was waking, Yeah, this is what.
Speaker 1: I want to go because we heard that you can be honest.
Speaker 7: Well, so originally when I said I go back to his place, like I actually was totally open to hook up with him.
Speaker 1: But that's gonna hurt even more.
Speaker 7: When he opened the door and his dad was there, Oh my god, I can't tell you how awkward that was.
Speaker 6: I bet. Yeah.
Speaker 7: The worst part is I knew his dad.
Speaker 1: Wait, what his dad?
Speaker 4: You're his daughter from another secret family.
Speaker 5: When we tell Scott that his dad has another family, let her talk?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: He knows you knew his dad.
Speaker 7: He's my gynecologist, is your special doctor. So he clearly recognized me, and like, I you can't, like I had just got in like a couple of months ago.
Speaker 3: Good news, he recognized your face and not. But he's a professional. I mean, like, come on, this guy's a doctor.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: It's like the super awkward thing you like, all casual, just like good to see you.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be worse if you have to go in for an STD after.
Speaker 7: Oh my god. No, I'm trying my best. And at one point, like I just asked Scott to get me a drink, and like I talked to the dad and he's like, don't worry, it's patient confidentiality. And I just asked him, like if he could help me get out of the situation, if you can just say, like, hey, Scott, let's watch a movie so I can just leave. Way too awkward.
Speaker 5: I guess dad wasn't as clueless as we thought he was.
Speaker 4: He was actually trying to help her out.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is so hard.
Speaker 5: I guess the really clueless person is probably Scott, who we should let you know where Erica is on the other line listening right now and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 7: Wait wait, wait what Scott's there?
Speaker 4: Thank Scott, what you're going on right now?
Speaker 7: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Why couldn't your dad have been a Dennis?
Speaker 6: Oh god, Oh my god. Like I'm mortified. But honestly, Erica, I'm kind of I'm very mortified for you. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: One of the chances, it was really really weird because like I said, i'd been there a couple of months ago, and like he's been my gynecologist for a while now, so like he.
Speaker 6: Knows me, he knows you. I know, I know he really knows you. I know.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, Scott, this is a random question, but I think I might also know your dad.
Speaker 4: Does he go by doctor Butterball? Is that not him?
Speaker 1: You are not?
Speaker 5: Okay if you're looking for somebody new, Butterball is your guy.
Speaker 3: So honestly, like I went and saw a gynecologist once who during the exam was like, so I listened to your radio show all the time.
Speaker 2: And he was trying to, like, you know, make small talk. But it's just I.
Speaker 3: Need step lives there, and I assume you need separate lives when it comes to dating and your you guy, I know absolutely.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's only fair Scott if you visit her father's proctologist, and then you could be.
Speaker 6: Okay. I know you guys are laughing about this, but I'm in shock at how coincidental this is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like, Erica, maybe you should have at least hinted to Scott like something was up, told him something.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't put this on her.
Speaker 7: I mean, like, what was I going to say, like, your dad's seen my ancles and stirrups.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, it's what every woman has to do.
Speaker 7: But if it's any consolation, he said he'd give you the green lights. You mean, I don't know what that means, Like, you have to ask your dad, Scott.
Speaker 1: Whoa that just got creepy. You need to switch your guind of college? Was weird?
Speaker 5: See it as a good thing? Yeah, Dad gives the thumbs up approval.
Speaker 6: No, I.
Speaker 4: Don't do any whatever whatever finger he approves.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying it sounds like maybe there's a chance here, And the only way to know is to ask Eric would you like, let's see, Erica, would you like to go out one more time with Scott?
Speaker 4: We'd pay for it, said, We've never said.
Speaker 7: This I mean, I did really like him, but dude, go out with him.
Speaker 2: Dump the doctor, get your doctor.
Speaker 7: I could get a new doctor, and like the green point thing. Maybe it just means I don't have any SuDS or anything.
Speaker 2: No, girl, No, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 7: I really want to, but I don't think it's the best idea.
Speaker 4: Scott, I mean, how do you how do you feel about that? Hearing that?
Speaker 6: I gona be honest, this is the one time in my life that I am one hundred percent so happy that she said no, Well it worked.
Speaker 5: I know you saw you saw Erica and your dad whispering. Were you able to read her lips?
Speaker 4: Is that not good?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm gonna hang up. Is that okay?
Speaker 5: Hold on before you go, doctor Butterball is on the other line, and.
Speaker 7: But like, yeah, I was talking to you.
Speaker 6: I guess.
Speaker 3: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: I definitely think the most interesting part of that entire call was learning that the dad was actually trying to help her get out of the situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Thoughts being.
Speaker 5: Super clueless didn't know what was going on, he knew everything and was just trying to get out of the situation.
Speaker 1: But you stop saying he knew everything, seen it all. Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: For me, it's like, if he was a real professional, he would have just been upfront about the situation instead of trying to sneak her out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that sounds like that would have been more awkward.
Speaker 2: It's a really awkward como. But that's your business man.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't think that it's awkward to you if you're a gynecologist.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I think he's a good guy. I'm curious, like, yeah.
Speaker 2: I think she still needs to not go on the date and also switch her down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to go with both on that one.
Speaker 5: I'm curious if your dad was a gynecologist, is that something that you would be comfortable with.
Speaker 1: My husband's grandfather was a gynecologist.
Speaker 3: You go to your husband's grandfathers were saying, but if he wanted to, you know, it doesn't bother me that that's his profession.
Speaker 1: No, see my own father gross.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 5: Fine, Okay, I'm not going to go into it, but this is but let's talk about dating again. If you have a day that you went on that didn't go the way you planned, you can always email the show. We'll call the person who wasn't calling you back.
Speaker 1: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,