Speaker 1: What's up, everybody?
Speaker 2: It's me Joey p joe Pisapa And have you ever heard that phreeze?
Speaker 1: It can't always get what you want? You know what I say to that, it's nonsense.
Speaker 2: Because it's twenty twenty three and I can get whatever I want practically on demand. This pretty much an app for everything, and if I want something, it pretty much comes to my house in a day or two. So why can't I have the players I want in fantasy baseball in twenty twenty three?
Speaker 1: Why not? I can? And you know what, I'm gonna get them and you should too.
Speaker 2: So these are the names that you absolutely positively need in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: These are my must haves.
Speaker 2: Now, before we get to the names on the list, I want to quickly remind you all when you're watching on our YouTube channel, make sure you comment below on this video because when you do, you could win a free upgrade to Fantasy Pro's Premium. Whether you're looking for custom mock draft, salary cap draft tools, or in depth draft analysis of your fantasy performance, Fantasy pros Premium has the tools to help you win and unlock the most powerful fantasy tools in the industry and don't wait for the giveaway. You could just go sign up today at fantasybros dot com slash Premium and start playing smarter and not harder. So, without further ado, here are the names in twenty twenty three that I simply positively must.
Speaker 1: Have in Fantasy Baseball.
Speaker 2: Number ten Andres Muno's relief pitcher Seattle Mariners. Now, he doesn't have the gig yet, but it's only a matter of time before this fireballer takes over the closer role for the Seattle Mariners.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Paul Siewald held down that role last.
Speaker 2: Year, but Andres Munos is special on a twenty four years old This kid last year through sixty five innings, struck out an incredible ninety six hitters and had just a walk rate of six percent. This guy is the goods, could be the second coming in Seattle of Edwin Diaz, and it's only a matter of time before he takes over that role for the MS. Don't sleep on this player. He's going in an average ADP of one sixty nine overall, and that is just unbelievable value for a guy who might end up with the lion's share of the safe. Not to mention the incredible strikeout and peripheral stats you're gonna get with Munno's as well. Number nine Andrew Vaughn, first base outfielder for the Chicago White Sox. Now, speaking of twenty four year old breakouts, Andrew Vaughn is finally going to get to play his natural position of first base every day for the first time in his young big league career. He was one of the most polished college hitters coming out of the draft a few years ago, and he basically spent zero time in the minor leagues. He has been learning on the fly ever since, and last year he's coming off a seventeen homer seventy six RBI season. But for the first time ever, he's gonna play first base every day, his natural position, and I think that is going to let this kid relax into his natural abilities and finally see what all the upside and all the hype was about coming out of the draft a few years ago. Vaughn is coming in drafts at a discount, and he brings you dual eligibility as well, first base and outfield. Number eight Luis Severino, starting pitcher for the New York Yankees the twenty nine year old Yankees starter is going outside of the top thirty starting pitchers right now in ADP, and there's not a lot of pitchers that have the upside of Severino, not to mention the fact he's playing on a good offensive team and a good defensive team, and the path to the win should be pretty good for Severino. He's had not won but two seasons with over two hundred and twenty strikeouts in his career, and yes, he has had some injuries in the last few years, including Tommy John last year, though, over the nineteen starts one hundred and two innings, the guy struck out one hundred and twelve batters, walked just thirty and had a three to one eight ERA in a.
Speaker 1: Competitive Al East.
Speaker 2: Severino's pitching for a contract this year, and you know what that means. It's time to let all hang out. So twenty twenty three could be a year where Severino regains Ace like status, and at his current ADP, he is an incredible value.
Speaker 1: For any fantasy rotation.
Speaker 2: Number seven Corbyn Carroll, outfielder for the Arizona Diamondbacks. Now, it's not every year where I get super excited about rookies, but Corbyn Carroll is one of these guys to get excited about.
Speaker 1: In his minor league career, in one hundred and forty two games.
Speaker 2: He had a three ten batting average, with a four to twenty six OBP, a five eighty eight slugging and ops over a thousand. Not only does this guy have incredible speed and the chance to steal thirty bases this year, but don't sleep on the power just because he's a player smaller in stature. I am telling you this guy has lightning quick hands and can absolutely get the ball out of the ballpark. He has a real shot at going twenty thirty as a rookie this year, and he's already the top of the betting board as rookie of the.
Speaker 1: Year in the National League.
Speaker 2: So it's time to be aggressive on Corbyn Carroll, especially in a year where outfield doesn't look all that great in terms of player pool depth.
Speaker 1: So Corbyn Carroll is a must have. Number six.
Speaker 2: Christian Xavier is starting pitcher for the Houston Astros. Not only is Javier an elite starting pitcher, but he also qualifies a relief pitcher as well. From some of those appearances in twenty twenty two. Christian Xavier was absolutely filthy last season. One hundred and forty eight innings, one hundred and ninety two strikeouts, are you kidding me? Two five four ERA, and a point nine to five whip. He was one of my favorite players going into last season if you watched any of our videos and guess that's what He was one of my favorite players going into this year also, and he's still coming at a relative discount considering people are still concerned about how many innings you're gonna get out of him. I think you're probably looking for about one to seventy five out of Christian Javier this year, and right now he's currently going as the sixty fourth player overall. That still makes him a value for a very good Houston Astros team. Christian Javier is going to be an ace in twenty twenty three, and I simply must have him.
Speaker 1: Number five.
Speaker 2: Ozzi Alby's second baseman, Atlanta Braves am I the only person that remembers when Ozzie Alby's was absolutely kicking button taking names in twenty twenty one. The guy had thirty homers, drove into one hundred and six runs, stole twenty bases, and scored one hundred and three runs.
Speaker 1: By the way, it was the third time in his career that.
Speaker 2: He had scored over one hundred runs in a season, and now, after a down injury plague twenty twenty two, Ozzi Alby's all of a sudden, is persona non grata in twenty twenty three. I'm not even sure what that means, but I do know that Ozzi Alby's is going at player fifty one overall, and that's just absurd. Second base is rough this year. You want a guy with power speed upside. He's coming off a shoulder surgery cleanup, so he should be healthy and ready to go this year opening day. Ozzi Alby's is an absolute steal in every single format, and I do not know for the life of me why he is dragging behind the ADP. But don't you drag in not drafting him. Take Ozzi Alby's. He is a must have second basement for twenty twenty three because he gives you every single category you could possibly ask for, and he does it all at second base for goodness sakes. Number four Francisco Lindor, shortstop, New York Mets. Now I understand that shortstop is generally seen as a deep position in twenty twenty three, but I don't care. I still want elite talent, and Francisco Lindor is just that. Last year he had two to seventy, but he scored ninety eight runs, drove in one hundred and seven, stole sixteen bases, and also hit twenty six home runs playing one hundred and sixty one games. Did you hear me? One hundred and sixty one games? Who does that anymore? Image League Baseball?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I understand.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty one was a disappointment for a lot of people that made a big investment in Lindor, but that dude lived up to the hype in twenty twenty two. He plays on a fantastic Mets roster in twenty twenty three, and to me, he is still a relative value at ADP twenty nine overall. So Francisco Lindor is a player that I absolutely must have despite the depth at shortstop. I want Lindor on my roster in every format I can get him. Number Three Spencer Streyder, starting pitcher of the Atlanta Braves. Now like Christian Haavier, Spencer Strider also qualifies at reliever. So if you have those mandatory ARPA spots, ooh we Spencer Strider can be incredibly valuable.
Speaker 1: This guy was absolutely absurd last year.
Speaker 2: In one hundred and thirty one and two thirds innings, he struck out two hundred and two guys.
Speaker 1: Let that sink. In two hundred and two.
Speaker 2: Strikeouts and one hundred and thirty one innings, he had eleven wins, just forty five walks, a two to eight zero ERA and a point nine to nine whip. I gotta tell you, he's surprised even me. I thought he'd end up being maybe a hot end closer someday, but Spencer Strider proved me wrong. He is a rotation guy all the way, and he's probably in that range of one hundred and fifty to one hundred and sixty innings this year with an incredible K percentage of thirty eight point three.
Speaker 1: Spencer Strider is elite.
Speaker 2: He's going as the seventh pitcher off the board, and you know what, I'm not afraid. I'm going all in, jumping in with two feet into the pool and the water is just fine.
Speaker 1: When it comes to Spencer Stryder.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty three number two Fernando Tattis Junior, shortstop for the San Diego Padres.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty two was a lost year, but it was a year of learning and growth, hopefully for Fernando Tattis Junior. He has struggled with injuries, he has struggled with maturity issues, but he doesn't struggle when it comes to actually putting the bat on the ball. In twenty twenty one, he played one hundred and thirty games. He had forty two bombs, scored ninety nine runs, drove in ninety seven and twenty five steals with a two point eighty two batting average. Now, look, I understand Forando Tattis comes with some risk and he's gonna miss the first few weeks of the season filling out the rest of his suspension. But this is a player with top five overall upside. Let me say that again, top five overall upside, and he's going an ADP of twenty once I'm in that second round. Heck, if I'm even at the turn at twelve in drafts, I am taking Fernando Tattis Junior because this guy is a league winner. Not to mention the fact, he is playing an absolutely loaded lineup in San Diego this year. So, Fernando Tattis Junior, this is the last time you're coming at a discount. And guess what, I'm gonna have all the shares of Fernando Tattis Junior. And so should you in twenty twenty three, because the risk is well worth the reward. And my number one must have player for twenty twenty three is Julio Rodriguez, center fielder for the Seattle Mariners. Now, look, I understand it's big time draft capital, but come on, we're talking about you gotta have a first round pick where you gotta spend some money in salary cap drafts. So who are you gonna target as the building block foundation of your rosters in twenty twenty three, And for me, it's Julio Rodriguez. We have barely scratched the surface of how good this player is. The age is ridiculous. At just twenty two years old. Last year, Julio Rodriguez put on a show twenty eight homers, seventy five ribies. He had twenty four doubles, twenty five seals, hit two eighty four with an eight to fifty two ops in one hundred and thirty two games. Julio Rodriguez has a real chance to go thirty thirty, maybe even push the envelope to forty forty and twenty twenty three. If I have a top five pick in the draft, I'm taking Julio. If I've got the number one pick in the draft, I'm taking Julio because Julio is my number one must have for twenty twenty three Fantasy Baseball. Well, there you have it, everybody. Those are my top ten must haves in twenty twenty three. Who are your must haves in twenty twenty three? I want to know the players you simply positively must have, so drop them in the comments below. And don't forget to subscribe to our Fantasy Pros YouTube channel and go premium today at Fantasypros dot com slash Premium. Don't forget to click that little bell to let goes ding too, so you know every time a piece of content drops here on Fantasy Pros MLB YouTube.
Speaker 1: That'll do for me. Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids,