Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it is Wednesday, June twenty fifth. The jury is off today in the Didty trial. There are no more witnesses for them to hear from. In the past seven weeks, they've heard from thirty four witnesses, including six former Didty assistants, four hotel workers, two ex girlfriends, a rapper, a former pop star, and a male escort who goes by the punisher. And with that, welcome to this Diddy update episode of Amy and TJ Robes. They are the jury's out, but work is still We need to explain that even though the jury's out today, work, very important work actually still going on at the court.
Speaker 2: Yes, so both the defense and the prosecution are meeting with the judge today to decide what the jury is going to hear when they're instructed by the judge about how they go about deliberations. And each set of instructions is unique to each court case. So this should be a fun day in that Lower Manhattan court room. Some fighting going on and now, well, yeah, fun was very sarcastic.
Speaker 1: I mean, these things are taken, so every little word matters. They want and this is their last chance, I guess, right to get a word in while the jury is deliberating. I am. I've seen different different reporting on whether or not they will physically get a copy of the instructions once they get in there. But there he's gonna have to read every single word to them, is how it goes. And that could take a while.
Speaker 2: It certainly could, And I can't imagine how long if they have a very limited amount of time this afternoon, because they're meeting at twelve noon correct Eastern time to meet with the judge to hash it out, and they're both gonna want different things and they're both gonna not want certain things said. So you know, I don't envy what a judge's job is in this entire process, as I've watched it really closely with this trial, and just that is a that's a tough.
Speaker 1: Job to be a referee for confident, borderline, arrogant, successful folks who have this much on the line. I mean, the bickering. It can't get paid. It doesn't seem like it has, at least at over court here. But we've seen in places and times, and it's amazing that people this educated and the successful can also beat this petty and child exactly.
Speaker 2: But you know, I mean, you heard you heard Diddy yesterday telling the judge he was doing a good job. So he must be.
Speaker 1: Been one to tell you this judge doing great. I thought that was hilarious. I don't know how long, so I wonder so the timeline we talked about closing arguments tomorrow, Both sides said they wanted about four hours. That could go long. Could so if we go into Friday finishing that up and then the jury gates instructions, will they have any time to deliberate on Friday. I guess it's maybe the thing that's up.
Speaker 2: In the air depends on how long the instructions are, and that is going to be determined today. So one thing affects the next down the line.
Speaker 1: This is how deep of a dive I did into this. I mean the George Zimmerman Tradevon Martin trial and then the OJ trial. I couldn't find the instructions, the physical instruction to see how long they were online for OJ. But I actually watched Judge Ito give the jury instructions. It went about forty minutes. Oh, okay, didn't take long at all. But then in the Zimmerman try, it was twenty seven pages of instructions. I think it took the judge there, Judge Nelson, about two hours. Okay, so it's up in the air. It could go a little while. It could take until lunch break, knows to get the instructions out. I'm just so curious that they're going to start deliberating this.
Speaker 2: Week this week Friday afternoon, or will he let them, after a very long seven weeks, take a break so that they can start fresh on Monday. I think that would be my reasoning for a judge to say, you don't want a tire jury on the at the end of the week after sitting there for so long. I know they got today off technically, but still to start in the afternoon and then start sitting you know, when you're angry, tired at the end of the week.
Speaker 1: We just went through all this. It's Friday. Now y'all go in there and start fighting it out exactly. That's explosive. So yes, good, After we.
Speaker 2: Just talked that out, I'm pretty sure they'll probably start deliberating on them.
Speaker 1: Okay, make a good point, but do you even remember, folks, there were thirty four witnesses, and all of them for the prosecution. As you know, of course, Didy's side did not call anybody and robes, we're gonna fly through for you all right now, every single one of the thirty four, some of them more eventful and memorable than others. But did you remember first up Israel Flores not exactly a blockbuster when we first heard it, but this was a hotel security guard at the Intercontinental who responded to that incident out of a woman in distress.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest, I did not remember that, and it is an interesting choice to not start off with a bang. But perhaps because we don't remember, that's the whole point. Probably the jury doesn't either.
Speaker 1: Well, they said this allowed them, though, right off the bat, to enter the surveillance video correct into the record. So right off the bat the jury was starting to see that. Next up already got a male escort.
Speaker 2: Ro okay, So then they did have a little flash there you want to kind of excite the jury, Hey, look what we got for you, and this is just the beginning. But yes, this was Daniel Phillip. I don't remember his name either, And this is crazy because we really paid close attention to this every single day. This is interesting, but yes, he talked about getting paid six thousand dollars per freak off. And he did say he witnessed personally Diddy being violent to Cassie.
Speaker 1: And this was a guy also that we got. Look, there were a lot of freak off details, and I guess early on we weren't I guess we weren't ready yet for some of what we were going to hear later on the trial. We go, Okay, that sounds we got desensitized.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, bottles of baby oil, that's nothing.
Speaker 1: But this guy off the top started dropping bomb after bomb. And one of the things we found out is that did he likes to sit in the corner in the dark, buck naked with a veil over his head and masturbating while he's watching his girlfriend have sex with another man?
Speaker 2: And that disturbing image is still with me today. Yes, that is one that you actually, I don't think you can ever unsee. So that was a very powerful, powerful witness. And yes, that was probably just the first of so many disturbing and jaw dropping pieces of testimony that we were about to hear.
Speaker 1: And again number three, look, Cassie Ventura, fine, it's between her, I guess Capricorn Clark Mia Jane. It's tough to find a witness that was I mean that last Jane testimony was pretty was pretty heavy. But this stuff, I think Cassie Venturi Fine had to be. Would you say, the number one the star witness and the most powerful, impactful witness for the prosecution.
Speaker 2: I believe so because she honestly she was also just so we all felt for her, like it was hard not to feel emotion towards her and for her you wanted to comfort her. And she was a very sympathetic witness and seemingly a true victim when you heard her testimony. So yes, she was very very powerful. Of course, she was his ex girlfriend for over a decade, correct, and the accuser who actually started this entire trial, so to speak, because it was her lawsuit. And she files this lawsuit. The next day she gets twenty million dollars from Diddy, but it caught the attention of federal investigators and boom, the investigation began, and here we are now all because of Cassie.
Speaker 1: Have we talked about this before on any episode?
Speaker 2: What if he settled with her right the first day, like or as soon if he.
Speaker 1: Even threatened and said you need to buy the rights to my book. What if he settled with her?
Speaker 2: If he did that, I don't believe that he would be in court facing life in prison.
Speaker 1: Somewhere down the road some of this somewhere. You think anyone would have come forward.
Speaker 2: If they hadn't for decades.
Speaker 1: That is so true. But yeah, just to think about it, true the Me.
Speaker 2: Too movement, you know, no one said anything that would have been a real opportune time to come forward.
Speaker 1: Wow. Well yeah, and you talked about her being sympathetic. She was eight plus months pregnant through all this. She had when she got done, she had the baby the follow next week week right, Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: That is amazing As someone who has been pregnant before, that is remarkable.
Speaker 1: Witness number four Homeland Security, a special agent Yasin Benda did one of the searches at the hotel, was actually there when Diddy was arrested. Now that was in twenty twenty four. When Diddy was arrested. Now with the time, if we heard about did he had nine thousand dollars in cash on him, ketamine MDMA, and a bunch of baby oil back then, maybe we would have scratched our heads and going what the hell is that about? But now we know exactly.
Speaker 2: What all that wass right, It's all the pieces of the puzzle have come together. And so when you hear this type of testimony, what was there in the room with him, well, it all just makes sense.
Speaker 1: Y Don Raschord was witness number five. She's a former member of Dannity Kine, the group that did he put together on is Making the Band, And there was a lot to her, but it seemed like isn't this where the defense made a lot of inroads where she didn't seem to be the greatest of witnesses for the prosecution.
Speaker 2: That is correct, and she says that she witnessed violence against Cassie. That was powerful because she was there in the room and she could speak directly to seeing Ditty beat up on Cassie. Although fair to point out once again, did he is not on trial for domestic violence or any kind of assault, But she did back up Cassie in that so in one way at least, she bolstered Cassive into her fines testimony. But she also has a lawsuit against Ditty, and that is complicated when you're a witness taking the stand and you're also seeking some sort of financial compensation.
Speaker 1: Witness number six was Carrie Morgan. She had some pretty powerful testimony roads because she seemed to be somebody. She's a former friend of Cassiev Interifie, and she seemed to be someone who really cared for Cassie and seemed heartbroken that the relationship had to end, and the way and end it was really.
Speaker 2: She describes Ditty trying to choke her and her leaving immediately, and that Cassie coming to her and giving her thirty thousand dollars from Ditty not to talk about the incident, but to her credit, end to her credibility. She ended her friendship with Cassie immediately. She wanted nothing to do with her or with Ditty after what she experienced. It was that horrific. One could assume that she just didn't want to be a part of that group period.
Speaker 1: She I remember, she said. She talked about the disappointment of how Cassie didn't come to her defense in any way, didn't try to was immediately trying to explain Ditty's behavior. I guess just didn't comfort her in that moment. How disappointing was she was. She gave some powerful and powerful and got some sad testimony. Yeah, it's a sure way to put it. David James was witnessed number seven. He was a former Comb's assistant. He testified to again, was this the first assistant.
Speaker 2: We've heard, the first of many?
Speaker 1: Yes, I believe of many, But he was the first that started tell us about rope some of these freak off rooms and some of the responsibility they had and setting these things up.
Speaker 2: Yes. So usually for most of these assistants, and we heard testify, it was about, yes, setting up the hotels, it was about making sure all of what he would need in those rooms for the freak offs that could last days on end. So yes, he talked about just getting baby oil and even drugs and so all of these details started to come out, and we were all shocked as he said, this is mister Comb's kingdom. We are all here to serve in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said, he remembered when he first went into the offices. That's what it was explained to him, setting the standard here. This is mister Colmbs kingdom and we are all here to serve him, So get on board, he said. He ended up quitting though after fifteen months. After this incident where Diddy apparently had guns and they were supposed to go confront shook night. He said that shook him to the point that eventually that made him want to That would shake anybody.
Speaker 2: Given nineties wrap beefs have turned deadly in the past, so that would not be something most people would want to be a part of.
Speaker 1: All. Right, after that, we had witness number eight, which is Regina Ventur. That's a casiv inturor fines mom. She wasn't up there long. I don't think the defense cross examined.
Speaker 2: Or no, I don't believe they did either.
Speaker 1: I think she might have been up there fifteen minutes, half hour. And I guess at that incident that sticks in the mind is when she, I guess a fair way to say it, tried to buy her daughter back, to save her, if you will, from Didty.
Speaker 2: I thought this. Yes, she was short, but very powerful, because yes, she talked about how she wired did He twenty thousand dollars basically to get Cassie back, because Cassie had called her and said he is threatening to release these sexually explicit videos of me, and he needs money, and so you know, she mortgaged her home to get this money to Diddy. But I think what was just so eerie is to know a few days later he wires it back, meaning she's mine.
Speaker 1: She wasn't up there long, but that was a powerful moment to hear. Witness Number nine was Shary Hay, the infamous punisher. Of course we heard so much about during it, and uh, yes, he was someone that was regularly used. I think he testified at least a dozen times in some of these free calls. This is the guy who told us about the veil. My mistake, I get right.
Speaker 2: We the veil was not really revealed until a couple a couple exotic answers in. But that was just that was a oh god, that was just a horror movie esque detail that again added to the visual that I had in my head of Ditty in a corner naked masturbating, Will you get that?
Speaker 1: And will you stop?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: You keep?
Speaker 2: But every time we talk about it, did you not see it in your head?
Speaker 1: No? I didn't, actually, dude, It's like.
Speaker 2: Stop, I don't, I don't, I don't want it in my head.
Speaker 1: Don't see it all right? When in number ten was a Gerard gan In, another Homeland Security special agent went through some items found in Diddy's Miami home. This is when we would start first hearing about lingerie and platform heels and baby oil kept close by where some guns were, so went through some of that stuff. The next witness was an expert, and this one was important. Don Hughes robes and she wasn't necessarily testifying for either side. She wasn't someone who hit treated, or examined or interviewed cas it into or fine, but she helped us all kind of understand I guess the psyche of abuse people who are abused, right.
Speaker 2: And she did not interview anyone who was a victim or a part of this trial. This is just based on her experience as an expert psychologist. But talking about why women are complicit or seem to say they want to go along with it or pretend like everything is okay when actually they're being abused and they don't have control. They try to just soothe it's the person who is actually abusing them or even love bomb them. So it seems strange to know that these women, but she was explaining it. You can say you love someone, you can do what you want for them, or and it still doesn't mean that you were free to act otherwise.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. I'm just remembering you. Remember they wanted to bring her back. Yes, the prosecution did, and the judge said, nope, you had your shot. But it was after one and I can't remember one of the victims. Ledged victims had testified they wanted to bring her back for something, and they said nope.
Speaker 2: Because because what she was saying was very inconsistent with what her texts were showing. And that's why they wanted to bring her back to say. Remember, remember a victim, a true victim, can actually not sound like one, but still is all right.
Speaker 1: We had Witness number twelve was George Kaplan, another former duty assistant, again talked about setting up freak off rooms in the some of the violence he saw ended up getting immunity. And then witness all important. Witness number thirteen was rapper Kid Cutty. This was highly anticipated and this was some explosive stuff. But this is the guy who says, did he broke into his home and did he fire bombed his car because he found that the kid cut he was dating Cassie said, did he even threaten to kill him? That was a very very powerful witness. Witness number fourteen was Mila Morales. I don't remember the makeup artist at all, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Do, because she was talking about didn't she talk about the bruises? She said she didn't actually see Cassie get injured, but oh yes, she saw when Cassie came running in to the hotel room after a violent incident, she claims. And she said Diddy then came into the hotel room looking for Cassie. So just more eyewitness accounts of the relationship between Cassie and Ditty and how violent it could be.
Speaker 1: Uh. In number fifteen, Frederick Zumour had some very powerful testimony general manager of the Lameritage Hotel in Beverly Hills, but talked through Ditty's guest profile. This was some sticky yiky stuff.
Speaker 2: Sticky yiky stuff, that's a good way to put it. Yes, So he talked about just how there were memos in Ditty's file about you know, you're going to have to do a deep cleaning and you won't be able to release the room for a day and make sure you take X amount of dollars for a deposit. That kind of thing, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Joshua Craff, I can't remember the forensics agent went through the laptops belonging to Cassie and Diddy. Then we had a witness. Number seventeen was Capricorn Clark, very powerful testimony. She claimed she was kidnapped by Diddy, claimed he threatened to kill her. Threatened. Uh he said one of his goons threatened to throw her in the river. She was gonna end up thrown in the river.
Speaker 2: Five days, right, she was light detector test and was kidnapped and all of that. So, yeah, she testified to some very crazy, crazy evidence if what she says she experienced.
Speaker 1: Then we had Number eighteen was Christopher Ignacio LAPD officer responded to Kid Cuddie's how He said he actually ran the place of an suv out there and saw that that vehicle did belong to Bad Boy Entertainment. We had Number nineteen was Lanceamnez, an Arson investigator who looked into what happened with Kid Cutty's car. And this robes was where the defense actually asked for a mistrial. Remember, because they accidentally asked a question, if you will, they kind of suggested that the fingerprints went missing from that investigation, as if did he had something to do with it. They asked for a mistrial, right.
Speaker 2: And the judge denied that request.
Speaker 1: Deontay Nash was witness number twenty Style is very good friend of Cassie and saw a lot of her injuries but didn't know a lot of what was going on. He was the guy right said he helped her hide on several occasions, yes from Ditty.
Speaker 2: Yes, and witnessed that attack in the hotel room where she got that nasty bruise on the headboard.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll stay with us here, folks. When we come back. We're going to go through these last few witnesses, and one arguably was the most important, Mia, who was on the stand. All right, folks, we're going to pick back up here as we go through the witness list. Witness number twenty one Robes was Mia, another powerful witness who spent days on the stand.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was her pseudonym, because she is an alleged victim of Ditty's but she talks about him repeatedly sex assaulting her. She said she saw multiple assaults on Cassie as well. She was on the stand for three full days, but she got very specific about some of these attacks that she experienced and witnessed.
Speaker 1: Witness number twenty two. Sylvia Oaken went over what some of the hotel chargers were at the Beverly Hills Hotel, about some of the cleaning charges. Eddie Garcia was witness number twenty three, A very important one here, Robes. He was the security guard who talked about and this is where we heard so much about the bribe and how it was split up even among the securities.
Speaker 2: Stat Yes, his boss got fifty, he took thirty, and his other guard friend took twenty. But this was all to give Diddy what he thought was the only copy of that video, the hotel surveillance video.
Speaker 1: I'm wrong, it was not. Derek Ferguson was witness number twenty four. I thought this was interesting. Rose he was the CFO for bad Boy Entertainment, but he worked with him all these years. He's saying, I ain't see nothing wrong. I didn't see a crime committed. I didn't see any violence. And he kind of went through what the books were. He was kind of boring, if you will, but it was amazing to think somebody that close to Diddy had no idea this stuff was going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or he just didn't want to know and so ignorance is bliss.
Speaker 1: You know what, well, he was up there with his blissful self. Frank Piazza was witness number twenty five of a forensic video expert just verified the authenticity of that surveillance video. Witness number twenty six Brianna Bongle, and this was another chance. They asked for misstrial on this one.
Speaker 2: Too, wrote it was a Perry Mason moment for sure, though she says that, of course very quickly. I'm sure you can't forget Brianna Bongling. But she claims did he dangled her over that sixteen story balcony. The problem was the defense was able to point out he was never there. She had a specific date where she said this happen. She said she did it based on photos and it could have been off a day or two. That didn't even work because Diddy was not there for the entire week. He was in New York, he was on tour and they have the hotel receipts.
Speaker 1: So yes, no mistrial granted, but that was a very big moment for a very import witness. Enrique Santos was witness number twenty seven. Tech Analyzi verified some text messages. Then we had Witness number twenty eight. I had to go back. This was the longest witness on the stand, like six days. Yeah, I didn't six days. So this is an ex girlfriend and accuser. This testimony was bonkers.
Speaker 2: It really was because throughout it she said she still loves him, but yes, he is still paying her rent as she was on the stand right there. They had a two year love contract that apparently isn't up yet. He also paid for her legal fees. Initially it was said that she was on the defense side and then she switched over to the prosecution side after he was arrested.
Speaker 1: But she I mean, she said ninety percent of the time Yeah, that she was with him was her being with another.
Speaker 2: Man and that's not what she wanted. Yeah, ninety percent of the time. That was crazy.
Speaker 1: Andre Lemonde was witness number twenty nine. Another Homeland Security agent talked about the raid on the la home. This is where nine hundred rode bottles of astroglide and twenty excuse me, two hundred bottles of baby oil were found. Nine hundred bottles where like astroglide obviously did he has a mansion, but where would you put nine hundred bottles of astroglide in this apartment and this one here nine hundred. I don't know what it looks like. How many boxes is that? How's I don't know.
Speaker 2: It feels like you'd need an entire room, like a pantry that's the size of like a New York City bedroom to house all of that. I just was trying to get a visual on that. Seah, I want to replace the other visual with this visual of nine hundred bottles of astroglide and two hundred bottles of baby oil. So you're talking eleven hundred bottles of lubricant.
Speaker 1: I just fill up the tubs, Just fill up the tubs, all right. Jonathan Perez was witnessed number thirty now another former comb Desnic assistant who was granted immunity. Jonathan Perez seemed like a good egg for the most part, right, and talked about, Yes, as much as I had to do with these free COFs and whatnot, he said, that wasn't really a big part of my job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. Actually I so nonchalant about some of that. It was interesting to me that the prosecution even decided to put him up because he really didn't see anything too damning, and in fact, it kind of felt more favorable to Diddy.
Speaker 1: All right. Anya Sanker, the US attorney of paralegal, a summary witness, as they say, used her to kind of help get some messages on the record. They did the same thing with the next witness, Dalisa Penlan, another special agent who showed how some hotel charges were paid through Bad Boy Entertainment. And then Brendan Paul. It seemed like he was delayed and delayed, delayed to get to the stand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had some sick jurors, some issues with the jury, but yes, one had to be removed. But former Combs assistant, and he too was another one where I was curious why it was so important for the prosecution to get him on, because he really talked about his loyalty to Diddy. He talked about the drug thing, yes, but when he got arrested, he isn't being charged with any drug charges. So it's interesting to me that that was important that he Yes, he was the one who was referred to or known as in some of these other civil lawsuits as Diddy's drug mule. But the big, the big point he made in the defense's department was that he never saw Jane unhappy. He said, he never saw her that in any way express or show any resistance to these freakops or sexy part.
Speaker 1: He said, ever, he saw her after every single one, he said. He said usually saw her beforehand, but he said he absolutely saw her after everyone and never saw her.
Speaker 2: Oh that is that is very powerful.
Speaker 1: And the last witness who's up there longer than anticipated. Joseph so Cielo c Cillo.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm not really good with Italian names, Sir Sircello.
Speaker 1: Maybe sir Cillo. Another summary witness, but went through a lot of some video. But this was the guy who's connecting the dots of okay, here's Diddy on the top, then he pays for this. For this, he just connected the dots of all these receipts, transactions, travel out iteneraries and people to show that he was the one who was pulling the strings and running the show.
Speaker 2: We thought he going to be quick and very dry and boring, but it turned out that both the prosecution and the defense were able to use him to read competing text messages, so it actually got really interesting in a little bit juicy. Plus because he was there talking about these fifty explicit sexual videos. Now you've got the jury watching freak off. So actually the last witness ended up being very interesting and had a lot of extra details we hadn't heard before.
Speaker 1: They knew what they were doing apparently, and we never questioned that, by the way, but that's it, folks, we are. We don't think they're in open court today for the.
Speaker 2: App don't when we looked it up. It's not usually something that is public. And whatever happens, the discussions for the jury instructions typically are put in the record for people to look at later, but not in real time. But of course, if anything happens or anything comes out, we will keep you all updated on the very latest on the Didy trial. But in the meantime, thank you so much for listening. I'm Amy Roebuck and on behalf of T J. Holmes. We hope you guys have a wonderful day.