Speaker 1: Call It What It Is with Jessica Capshaw and Camille Luddington, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 3: Hello, Call It Crew, and welcome to another episode of Call It Short and Sweet.
Speaker 2: Escaping reality. Escaping reality, that's what we're going to talk about.
Speaker 3: That's where it came in from the Call It Crew, and they wanted to talk about escaping reality. Whether it's something going on that's dressing you out, or you have the winter blues, how do you escape? And you guys gave us some answers and we have some We.
Speaker 2: Have some answers and opinions on it.
Speaker 1: How do you what's your escape? It's your number one go to.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you what I'm doing right now? I just started writing a horror movie writing. Yes, I just got the goosebumps this. I love this for you, Okay, Okay. So for a long time, I'm like, I'm like talking myself.
Speaker 2: Up here a little bit. I've been told that I should be a writer. Let me help you. I would absolutely support.
Speaker 3: That, and because but I don't have the technique down and so I downloaded final draft and I'm sort of like teaching myself and I've seen enough scripts that I'm like, I.
Speaker 2: Kind of know, you know how to write a little dialogue.
Speaker 3: And I'm a huge horror movie fan, and so I just had this idea for a horror movie.
Speaker 2: I can't say it. You're gonna watch.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be in theaters hopefully twenty twenty six, Blumbhouse.
Speaker 2: And I so I just started writing.
Speaker 3: So in the evenings, I've been getting my computer out and amateur hour writing this horror movie. And I'm like sucked into my own little horror world and creeping myself out.
Speaker 2: Love this so much.
Speaker 1: I can't even tell you. Do you want to be in it with? There aren't even enough words.
Speaker 3: Okay, great, I by the way, I want you to be in it.
Speaker 2: I help me obviously. Yeah, am I gonna die? Do you like horror? Do I like horror?
Speaker 1: I loved it when I was younger, but then the Exorcist ruined it all.
Speaker 2: Wait, why it's too scary? Just simply too scary.
Speaker 3: That was like it just like it nipped it in the bud for you, Like I'm done.
Speaker 1: I legitimately stayed with a boyfriend for maybe six months, longer than I should have, because I just simply could not sleep alone.
Speaker 3: And you laughed at me when we did Theresa Caputo, and I thought I could get possessed through the screen.
Speaker 2: And now and now it's all.
Speaker 3: Coming out that you someone had to do a little sleepover after the Exist.
Speaker 2: The makeup. I think it was the time. Wait, this came out like the seventies or something. I know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I won't, but I will. I mean, listen, I would like to think if I watched it again, it wouldn't be as scary, but I'm too scared to try. That's how scared I was about that movie.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: I have seen The Exist in the past, probably like five years, and it holds up. It's a movie that really holds up terrifying. Yes, but I love scary books. I love certain horror movies. Like now that I have kids, I can't really watch certain stuff, but like a parent, like yeah, anyway, So yeah, that's what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: That's I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: It's also stretching a whole other part of your brain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't know if I'm very good at it, but I'm just doing it.
Speaker 3: I bet you are, well, because you know who inspired me a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say this, Mel Robbins.
Speaker 3: Mel Robbins has this whole thing where she's like, no one's coming to rescue you. No one's coming to write that horror script for you. No one's coming to make that business for you, or do this or do that. And I'm like, what am I waiting for? Okay, it might not be like amazing at this, but let me just like do it.
Speaker 2: And if it's bad, it's bad.
Speaker 1: You're literally the definition of perfection right now.
Speaker 2: You are so cute.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: No, you are.
Speaker 1: This is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I think this is the cool I'm not joking.
Speaker 1: I think this is the coolest thing I've heard in like very long time.
Speaker 2: You guys, this is like, this is why Jessica is like my sister. But I can't no, but this, well, someone else might be like, what are you doing? I want to read it as No, you can't read it until I decide that it can be readable.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm all right, but that's what I'm doing. What I'm doing to escape my reality?
Speaker 2: I love that you doing. What am I doing?
Speaker 1: I h What.
Speaker 2: Am I doing to escape my reality?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: This might be a lazy answer.
Speaker 1: I just have so many kids, Yeah, and they really take up so many minutes of the day, and I think between work and kids, at this particular juncture of my life, there's not a lot of minutes that I have to spare for the escapist activity. I think that on the daily when I have the time to like let my mind wander, I I love I mean, I love I love a podcast. I mean, how do we do we get to mel Robbins? But I just I love listening to different people's perspectives on the same thing because it also reminds.
Speaker 2: Me that that there are so.
Speaker 1: Many and that you can sometimes be a little bit right and a little bit wrong, and like there's not so much pressure to like have there be one thing that's exactly right or exactly wrong. It's like I think that, especially midwinter, I prefer having a little more leeway and and being taking a little easy on myself, you know, like being being my own best friend, being my own like you know, best you know supporter.
Speaker 2: But at night I do also love a.
Speaker 1: Show and I slam down that Black Doves, White Lotus just came out. I feel like there's a lot of stuff that's out there right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I love a show, but I do. I also like, I don't know these shows. I'm gonna be honest because Grisonomy doesn't do this. So I'm like talking about how.
Speaker 1: Cool we are.
Speaker 3: I can't like, once a show is like three years from coming out, I'm over it, and the length of time between I'm like, whatever, I don't even know who this character is anymore.
Speaker 1: That happened with Temmy Lies. I did the first season of Tell Me Lies. It took a really long time to pick it up. I mean it didn't stop it from the season two being you know, hugely successful, but it was a really long time because the only reason I noticed it is because people kept asking me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm waiting for Stranger Things.
Speaker 3: It's been five years, five hundred years. I don't even know what that's coming out. I think they're just shooting it right now. And I digress.
Speaker 2: So let's yeah, let's talk about what everybody else said.
Speaker 3: Chloe just wrote, Jim God, I wish Chloe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a good place if you've got the time.
Speaker 1: I know I'm gonna escape reality in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah you can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, little people watching. By the way, when I used to go to the gym, I like the treadmill. I didn't even have to walk that fast.
Speaker 2: Kim wrote in and said, go on a walk with my dogs. No, I do love the dog park.
Speaker 3: I love the dog park more than a walk with my dogs because they're all so annoying to walk, like they have to sniff everything. Oh my god, they all have a little hound in them. It's like, for God's sake.
Speaker 1: And also, have you noticed that without a leash right by my side, wrap them there, my shadow, never leaving me for one said a second, you put a collar and Alice attached to it, and all of a sudden they want to go at other places.
Speaker 2: They want to go to New York City. They want to go to New York City. I want to go to Sacks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got to do and it's not here we do, yeah, and it's in the direction you want to go.
Speaker 2: No, it's so annoying. It's so annoying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then I feel so bad because I'm like pulling on their necks and then you get the choke collar and then.
Speaker 2: That's even worse.
Speaker 1: So I just now I'm just like forget.
Speaker 3: And I do love a dog park because I write by my side and they look so happy there Emilie said daydreaming is a lifesaver.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. I love a good daydream. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like a good daydream too, sure why not, which also will benefit you in the direction of manifestation.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's also just like.
Speaker 1: I love, like I don't have a thing, then if I think about a thing, it's it's good. Yeah, it's a mental vision board. Nadine said coloring.
Speaker 3: Do you remember when we were all, like, you know, coloring was the thing to do on set?
Speaker 1: Sarah drew.
Speaker 2: Yes, she was the one that did it the most. She did. Yeah, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: They were so beautiful that I think that I hope she framed them afterwards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope she kept them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a big thing everybody we used to bring, like the coloring books and the pens. I do.
Speaker 2: I actually think painting.
Speaker 3: Is like if I just don't have my lies, but I do love to do a little painting outside.
Speaker 2: Even if it's very good.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Valerie said sex to escape reality. To escape.
Speaker 3: To escape reality sex, No, that's kind of interesting, Like I feel like there's some sort of like to escape reality. Yeah, like I want to dig deeper, but I don't know how to dig.
Speaker 1: No, I know we need phone numbers attached to these. Tim said, concerts always do the trick.
Speaker 2: Concerts are a great escape of reality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's hard to think about your to do list when you're at a concert.
Speaker 3: No. I mean the last one I went to was obviously Taylor, and I got so many people listening. And was that an escape of reality? I felt like I was in like a mystical universal land.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, for sure, for sure.
Speaker 2: I loved it. Me too, I love that concert so much.
Speaker 3: Okay, Gigi, I escape reality by reading. I focus solely on the in the pages and forget everything else. I have yet to really get into a new good book this year.
Speaker 1: I haven't.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, there's so many.
Speaker 1: I wish you lived closer to me because I have so many books that have been recommended by people who I very much trust.
Speaker 2: Not so much time.
Speaker 3: You just have them all, to be honest, I do.
Speaker 2: I love a Barnes and Noble.
Speaker 3: I love a walking around a bookstore that feels like an escape of reality to me too.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep. Oh look what Grace said watching Gray's on my peloton.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: I think Grays is a bit escape for a lot of.
Speaker 1: To tell you that Eve started watching it again. She's on season three. Really, yeah, she picked it up and she put it back to that she put it down. She wasn't ready for it, and then she picked it up and now she's in.
Speaker 2: Does she know.
Speaker 3: Some people die?
Speaker 2: I don't know. She doesn't really ask me about it. Is it gonna be like a huge spoiler?
Speaker 1: And she was like, well, I haven't showed up yet, and I think when I show up, she's going to be a little bit more obviously it.
Speaker 2: I'll be in her face about it.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I said to her, I said, isn't that weird? Does she know anything about your storyline?
Speaker 1: Does she know?
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, she missed you know that she's you know the leg the plane crash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they all do, like the broad strokes.
Speaker 3: Okay, are we going to get to the point where she's like double O seven?
Speaker 2: Is she there yet?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: That's not season three?
Speaker 2: Oh god, I don't know too. I mean, you're in for a rough ride. For a rough ride, it's tough.
Speaker 1: Well how about the people who do it over and over and over?
Speaker 2: I don't know how they do it? Traumatic? But thank you for doing it.
Speaker 3: Mariah watching in a godly amount of TikTok. You know, I have to say I wasn't on the TikTok train last year for the majority of the year, but you are now. Can't stop, Yeah, can't stop?
Speaker 2: One star.
Speaker 1: Well, I think when you start, you can't stop. That's the whole point.
Speaker 3: And I gotta tell you, you know this about me, and the crew knows is about me. There's a lot of alien evidence on ticktok.
Speaker 2: There is to.
Speaker 1: Write up your alien alley.
Speaker 3: It's right up my alien alley, and I the only thing I have to be careful of figured anything out.
Speaker 2: I figured most of it out, but getting sucked. I have been sucked.
Speaker 3: Into some conspiracy theories and then horrified when I realized they're definitely AI and not true. I've seen a huge amount of alien bodies on TikTok. Yeah, yeah, they're just they're on TikTok.
Speaker 2: It's ready for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The government I think does, like the FBI and CA, they release it on TikTok first so you can get your eyeballs on it, and then and then you kind of realize that maybe that isn't really an alien body.
Speaker 1: Well, at this point I really think that they could make anything look really well.
Speaker 3: That's the problem. That's the problem. And by the way, Matt is so sick of me talking about stuff.
Speaker 1: I think chat che bt could give you a good Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a I called and you make fun of my Bob.
Speaker 3: There's a guy called like little Bob or something like that, and he's like a famous alien that is apparently slim Bob for you guys.
Speaker 2: He lives among us.
Speaker 3: Well, he's been caught on camera a few times. I like, he's.
Speaker 1: I really look, I'm joking.
Speaker 2: I'm not joking. I don't think you're joking Anybob, Skinny.
Speaker 3: Bob, Skinny Bob there you go, look him up. He's all over TikTok. He's an influencer. At this point, Skinny Bob.
Speaker 1: Vicky rode in and said, oh, Vicky, horses like my one horse friend. There is something about disconnecting from the world and having one on one time with the horse. I think that that's true. I watched that, I've experienced that. I think that's very very true.
Speaker 3: Jenny said, turn out the TV, put down my phone, music on, and.
Speaker 2: A bottle of prosecco. Yes, yeah, I like that too.
Speaker 3: You know what I do Like, I like a little dancing in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Yes, ooh no to self, I should bring that back you.
Speaker 3: Some of my favorite memories of my mom were her dancing in the kitchen music on dancing to abba music, on making dinner, and it was just so cute because sometimes I come in and have a little.
Speaker 2: Dance with her. Yeah, shake and chimmy, that's a great I love that.
Speaker 1: Kayla wrote in and said red light sauna while meditating. It sounds very good for you.
Speaker 3: It does, But like that sounds a little bougie, Like you have a red light.
Speaker 2: Sauna in your house? Do you go to a red light sauna?
Speaker 3: I've never done it, so I don't know a red light isn't a sauna with a red light?
Speaker 2: You did not just ask that.
Speaker 1: No, So is that a red light sa? A sauna with a red light?
Speaker 3: Yeah, But like I don't really understand. So it's like you sit in the sauna and it's red and there.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't I sound stupid. I'm aware right now.
Speaker 1: No, you're not stupid. But here here's what I here's how I understand it to be. There are different kinds of saunas, right, so there's like dry heat, there's the yeah no, there's different kinds of saunas. And then what they've been doing in that in that bougie world that you refer to is they've been also there's a little add ons. There's add ons so they can put a red light in there. So then your red light because as long as you're stuck because that I don't understand, I mean truly in the wellness world. If I have seen I've only seen them on Instagram. I haven't seen them on TikTok. But I mean there are some people's morning rituals that are that's it would be my whole day. Like when it was done, it would be time to start. The one for bed there's so long, they're so so so long. So they're dry rushing and they're scrubbing, and they're masking and they're lifting, and they're meditating and they're all of it. It's a lot, it's and I have no doubt that it's all incredibly good for you.
Speaker 2: What does a blue light do, like blue lights for acne?
Speaker 1: Don't you have to like that?
Speaker 3: The led light that I don't know who knows, all right, Charlotte said, being delusional thinking about scenarios in favor of meat that will never happen.
Speaker 1: I like Charlotte so much.
Speaker 3: Well that's manifesting. That's not delusional, Charlotte. That's great.
Speaker 2: I love that, Charlotte. Yeah, you keep on doing that.
Speaker 1: Escape reality and then make your make your own. Yeah, Elli says Burrito Mode headphones favorite music. I'm ask and wrapped in a blanket.
Speaker 3: I like, oh, I thought she meant making a burrito. She means makes you itself into a burrito, making herself, you know, not making a burrito not my jam.
Speaker 2: Making myself definitely my jam. I like love a Burrito Mode.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, Penny Bravo TV shows House, what was Yeah you do. There's so much drama going down on Beverly Hills right now.
Speaker 2: Maybe we need someone on Yes, we need that to happen right away.
Speaker 1: Stat Jen says, I turn my favorite playlist, make a fresh coffee, and work on a puzzle. I became a puzzler live.
Speaker 2: We talked about this.
Speaker 3: Your your first puzzle was five thousand pieces. Yeah, it was the largest puzzle ever. Yeah.
Speaker 2: That, I and Josie and I would do them and we called ourselves the Puzzlers that is so ridiculously cute. She's a puzzler. She's a real cute puzzler.
Speaker 3: Rose said, rom com films, Oh who doesn't love that? Okay, wait, what's your favorite rom com film? I don't know this about you?
Speaker 2: And I gotta think about mine. Okay, in my face.
Speaker 1: The first one that came to my mind just right at that moment was my best friend's wedding. But I did recently rewatch Bridget Jones Diary, which.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 1: It's so good. But I you know, I liked I was a big I watched them all. There wasn't anything that Meg Ryan did that I didn't like.
Speaker 2: Oh, Sleepless in Seattle. I mean, I just want to cry.
Speaker 3: But I gotta tell you, Saren Dippity that movie. Loved it. Who's at Kate Beck and Sale? And it's so cute and romantic and I feel like it's not like loved enough and it.
Speaker 2: Should be loved.
Speaker 1: CALLI retreat to my imagination. Just make up fun stories and dreams, write them. I love that so many people are using themselves as an escape to reality, like not finding something else to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maze go thrifting, watch my comfort show or grab coffee.
Speaker 2: I do like thrifting.
Speaker 3: I found some fit.
Speaker 2: My favorite sweaters are from my thrift store. I love them and I wear them all the time.
Speaker 1: Did you get those beetlejuice pants at a thrift store? No? I didn't dress actually, but thank you for asking. The one made them recently.
Speaker 3: Those were brand new and they weren't. They were made I don't know, five years ago. And I will be getting you a pair.
Speaker 2: Please make sure I have mounting pairs. Why do you love those pants so much?
Speaker 1: I don't know. They just really really really got me. They had me at hello. It was an instant attraction too, That's why they were on my body.
Speaker 3: Okay, Ainsley says, I watch Friends over and over again. Laughter is my best escape. Amen, it's so great. I really do know, like literally probably every.
Speaker 2: Line in every episode from that show. It's so good. Casting is so perfect. It's all I.
Speaker 1: Ever wanted to do was be on a show like that.
Speaker 2: They don't make them like that anymore, just no, And they don't.
Speaker 1: Speaking of writing, the writers that write shows like that, it's such a specific art.
Speaker 3: Well, we're talking about a three camera Oh, it's so three cameras hard. We know, that there's a great comedy is like out of Elementary You're out right now and all those shows, but like the three camera sit comedy like that, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Live audience. I can't think of one.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no. Was Big Bang Theory single camera or multi camera multi Yeah? That was honestly, that was probably one of the last yeah, really successful ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Betty said a two and piece puzzle. This is oh good look yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh and let's finish with Kat. Kat says, this podcast helps me escape reality for a little bit. I couldn't be happier about that.
Speaker 2: You know what, to toot our own horns. I have read that. I have read that that's a great compliment.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: It's a really great comment.
Speaker 3: And every time I read it, I think that, like, you know, Jess and I, you know, we've said this before and we'll always say it, but we we set out to like sort of create this community, and I feel like it's happened. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we couldn't do it without you all. And I hope that when you sit or walk or whatever it is that you're doing while listening to this, I hope that you feel like you're part of it.
Speaker 2: I hope you talk back to us.
Speaker 1: I'm imagining you all talking back to us. That's what I would like to think, so that you're like, yeah, Camilla, Oh, Jessica, shut up, Jessica, shut up.
Speaker 2: Stop just stop talking about our pants.
Speaker 1: No, I feel it.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I love a short and sweet and I love you and I'm very excited to star in your guest future forthcoming horror film.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It would be like the Drew Barrymore part and Scream where it's like I'm just in the beginning and something really crazy happens to me. I just I'm gonna plant some seeds. I'm gonna call you with some notes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna kee you some notes before you've even read it, Like I actually need to be wearing this exactly and this sort of necklace.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, that's just very control enthusiastic. And you know, and after spending our time with Mel Robbins, I'm gonna tell you that whatever you do is write on, write on, ride on.
Speaker 2: Let them exactly right.
Speaker 1: I feel like Matthew McConaughey would be really going to let them maybe original let thems, Yeah, he's.
Speaker 2: An original, let them? Yeah for sure? All right, Thank you so much. Call it crew for listening to another episode.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, and we're going to call it of the episode