Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This He's Talking Cowboys, screening live.
Speaker 4: From the Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 5: Put don't take boarders here.
Speaker 2: Let's got tis any paydown and now.
Speaker 6: Your hosts Isaiah standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: It's a Talking Tuesday edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas, in the s w b C Studios. Welcome in, everybody. We've got Patrick Noc Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Hi, Paul Bestidas running everything in the pack. What's up, Paul? I'm Kyle Yeoman's glad you're with us. We've got a Talking Tuesday on our mind today. Give us a call here in the next segment. Eight eight eight, eight five five two two nine seven. That's two two nine seven two two nine.
Speaker 3: Seven t L what is it?
Speaker 7: T ok c b Y s c b ys.
Speaker 2: That's the that's the last four.
Speaker 7: It's the only show.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, the podcast that's so good. They named the number after us.
Speaker 2: I love I would love to like continue to take credit for that, but that that number was there a long time before this group Talking Cowboys was there.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying with honesty, it was there.
Speaker 7: You know, this podcasting thing we three collectively started, We.
Speaker 3: Made this happen.
Speaker 2: Forget about the old talk now.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: Those old talking Cowboys guys are the best.
Speaker 7: They're on his way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's on his way down.
Speaker 7: He's coming down.
Speaker 2: Wait a second, all right, it is a talking Tuesday, of course, cowboys getting ready for their bye week or getting ready for their post by a week. We could practice kind of a odd schedule with it being a Monday night game coming off of a bye week. So today Tuesday is technically Monday, correct, So there'll be some white stuff today. Then we're getting into tomorrow, which would normally be a Tuesday, which is a player's off day, correct, And then you would go into H's it's just practice on Thursday.
Speaker 8: There you go.
Speaker 2: So you got a little bit of time until the Cowboys even get back on the practice field in a crazy week of practice, pat as you they continue to look.
Speaker 3: Forward to the Raiders.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so right now, it's it's I hate the phrasing turning the page, because that's not what they're looking to do. It's about moving forward with with Marshawn's legacy. So as it stands, it looks like they have some things to honor him in the works. A helmet sticker they're expected to wear, a helmet sticker for the remainder of the season. They're gonna, I'm told they're gonna have some T shirts that the players wear, you know, in warm ups and during the game when their uniforms and things like that. So right now, it's about the challenge of the grieving process, but also understanding that there is a game coming up on Monday and you know, hopefully go you know, go win it for Marshawn, but uh, and we'll see who is available for that game. Listening to Stephen Jones on one O five three the Fan yesterday, I left that interview with a question mark over my head for savone revel So with the Mario on overshown, sounds like, you know, poor Concrete on that sounds like he's definitely going to be back.
Speaker 3: He's right on schedule.
Speaker 6: U I liked, and Stephen Jones kind of you know, tripled down on that yesterday with one O five three the fan and I thought that he was initially lumping savone Revel into that, but then he kind of peeled off his answer for savone Revel and he said he didn't lump.
Speaker 3: He didn't lump, he didn't lump.
Speaker 6: He pealed, he pealed, and he made it appear that while there has been no setback for the phone revel, there's also no guarantee that he's active on the game day roster for Monday.
Speaker 2: Night because you have to activate him onto the roster because of the twenty one day practice when that had already been opened.
Speaker 3: Correct, the last.
Speaker 2: Day for them to do that would be when is it this Wednesday?
Speaker 3: Next Wednesday? Next Wednesday? So they could they.
Speaker 2: Still him on there one more day, one more week, right?
Speaker 3: They could? They could, They definitely could.
Speaker 6: But I mean they could also, you know, because depending on how the league mandate State handle Marshan's spot, like you mentioned, it might be a roster exemption. If there is a roster exemption, then I could see the Cowboys saying, hey, you know, it's it's not gonna We're not gonna have to release anyone if we go ahead and just activate savone Revel to the fifty three man roster right now. But again, even if they do that, it sounds like there's no guarantee that he's going to be on the game day roster come Monday night, So just something to watch.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 6: No setback has been reported. I've heard of no setback. He's still on track or you know, to make his debut after the bye. It just sounds as if, based on Steven's conversation with the fan yesterday, that while overshown is still concrete to take the field against the Raiders, it might be another week maybe before we see the debut of savone rebel.
Speaker 2: And I think as excited as I am to see savone Rebel out there and to get him back into the fold for a position group that severely needs help outside, I'm okay with taking your time here. I'm okay with making sure your third round pick that has first round upside, that has all the tangible things that you can see on a practice field, come to fruition first, without a training camp, without an entire full season of college football to play with. He only played three games last year, and he's been through this rehab process for over a calendar year. Now take your time, don't rush it back, don't mess anything up, because I think the more that you rush him back in the fold, we see things like what we've seen with Kaitlyn Carson, where he's put in some tough situations and he's put in a position group, a position group that really needs people just for bodies outside Savone Rebel. You got to develop him the right way and you got to put him in the right spot to be successful. And I think rushing him back out there if he's not entirely one without certainty. You talked about concrete, concrete, ready, take a minute on Savona Rebel and let that thing develop.
Speaker 9: I'd argue that you still want to see what Kayln Carson is capable of. I think he had a really decent game. Granted it wasn't an excellent game against the Arizona Cardinals as a whole, but he had good snaps. I mean, just wanting to see more out of him and not necessarily having to rush Savone Rebel back right away. I think it's it's a good thing to have killing Carson out there sort of on an island with a spotlight on him, just to see how he does going forward.
Speaker 3: He's kind of been.
Speaker 2: Forgotten about a little bit in this group. Well it's only in one game because he's only been back for a little bit, and he's been in and out of the lineup even since he started playing as a rookie.
Speaker 3: It I think if you can continue to.
Speaker 2: Develop him now, yeah, alongside Revel, that's two guys that you can possibly have that take a big step forward. Not to say that Kaitlyn carson ceiling is the same as of owned rebels, because I certainly don't believe that to be the case. However, Kayln Carson does have a ceiling that he has not reached.
Speaker 7: Yet, oh for sure.
Speaker 9: And I think you're hopefully with less spotlight on him now sort of in this defense because the kind of the blame is being tossed around all over the place. It's not just Seatbelt Carson that we hate nowadays, right.
Speaker 2: And that nickname came back to bite him, huh, it really.
Speaker 7: Did, it really did, and you know for a good reason.
Speaker 9: When you had that expectation, you know, when everyone's going into the season, then of course that draft was like, oh, Seatbelt Carson, it's going to you know, he.
Speaker 2: Was great in training camp, Yeah, see him just with it the whole time.
Speaker 9: But now we know, you know, look at the Kyrilums of the world. I mean, trading camp doesn't necessarily show how you're going to perform through the rest of.
Speaker 3: The difference being Kaitlyn Carson, he's year two, I mean.
Speaker 6: He's yeah, no, absolutely, give him a little Yeah, he's got time to kind of bounce back and make that the seatbelt names Dick.
Speaker 9: And that's why I liked his performance in the Cardinals game and hopefully seeing him going forward now that he's healthy one hundred percent. I really want to see what he's able to do and if you're not bringing back so in revel right away, I want to see the spotlight sort of on agree.
Speaker 6: On killing agree and kind of keeping to the secondary for the news and notes. Stephen Jones also told one on five three the Fan he threw a name out there that I wasn't anticipating he threw out there as far as likely, I'll say likely based on his tone being ready for the Raiders, which was Millie Cooker. Oh yeah, so I wasn't. I wasn't expecting that he threw Willie Cooker's name out there as far.
Speaker 3: As still on IR and they haven't activated, they haven't acted that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, So I personally I don't I don't see that happening. But again, he clearly knows something that we don't know that made him feel so confident that he said Malie Cooker's name in the same breath as you know Demarrion Overshown and guys that are coming back from injury and how you know those most of those guys are on the defensive side of the ball. So it'll be interesting because this safety unit most certainly needs help. And we know that Malik Hooker was not playing his best football even before the toe injury, and most certainly not as he tried to battle through the toe injury. So you can only hope that when Malik Hooker gets back on the field, you see the Malik that we saw in training camp, because that was that was peak Malik that we were seeing in training camp, peak Malik.
Speaker 2: Even the first game of the year, he played so well against the Eagles that I think it showed that he could continue that in a game.
Speaker 6: That's what you need when you get Molie Hooker back, especially for a safety unit that's just been so ravaged by injury and just not being able to figure things out even before they were ravaged by injury. You know, a part of that goes to the coaching on the defensive side of the ball, you know, guys not being utilized in ways that we believe they should be Hi donno. So in that capacity you get Molik Cooker back. I don't know that it happens this week. It sounds like Stephen Jones is kind of bearish on it, which you know we'll see. You know, I'm bullish on it because again, like you said, he's not return the press this ship.
Speaker 3: Last time we saw Malie Cooker.
Speaker 6: He was still off to the side with the rehab group doing work with Britt Brown and those in those.
Speaker 7: Trainers, so we've only seen him for a short time.
Speaker 3: Pete.
Speaker 6: Now, I will say this, it is a peak, Yeah, peak. Why'd you cover one of smooth so I could? I don't ever want to take my off this guy, like you can't this guy too fast. He's handsome, squidward hand squwd. I will say this though. They are coming off of a bye week, so you know, we weren't able during the bye week to we weren't able to doing the bye week to see Mollie Cooker do any rehab, so I mean, but but of course the rehab continued during the bye week, so maybe he made some serious strides. Yeah, just take big Yeah, maybe we took some serious strides in this. This two weeks off that you know, kind of pushes him towards why Stephen Jones kind of feels confident there's a good chance that he comes back. So, I mean, so there you go with the news and notes. There's at least a chance, a solid chance, that Malie Cooker comes back this week.
Speaker 3: There's a.
Speaker 6: As certain as certainty can be that, barring anything happening this week, de Marveo on Overshown will return. Uh, and we'll keep an eye on savone revel. He does have a solid chance, but it's just not as certain as we were led to believe before the bye week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny. I was talking with Nick Eatman yesterday upstairs and we were kind of brainstorming ideas for the High five article that I write late in the week, and we were talking about guys coming back, and it was like, okay, let's start on the offensive side. Offense is pretty healthy. You feel pretty good about the offense as a whole, and I mentioned that yesterday with the offensive line.
Speaker 3: You're right now, you're complete on the offensive line.
Speaker 9: Then you look, Kevin had a lot of reps together, but you want to see them improve in that aspect and have more chemistry going for.
Speaker 3: One thousand percent.
Speaker 2: And I think you'll start seeing that with an extra week of rest, extra week of health. And then you turn around and you play a team like the Raiders on Monday Night football to try and prove that you're moving in the right direction, and then just the Eagles right after, and then yeah, then you get into the gauntlet, which we'll talk about here in a second. But as we were brainstorming, we kind of both realized there're gonna be five new faces. There's a good shot there are five new faces on the defensive side. Of course, the trade acquisitions of Logan Wilson and Quinn Williams, which I mean Quinn Williams is an absolute game changer that's gonna continue, That's gonna one thousand percent up in the entire look of the defense just with his presence. Then you add some some depth at linebacker with Logan Wilson, you get possibly one of the safeties back, either Donno or Malie Hooker. It sounds like Hooker's moving in the right direction. There, you get savone revel back, and then hopefully you get or excuse me, you will get to Marvin Overshown back. Hopefully you get savone revel back. So five guys Williams, Wilson, Revel Overshown, Hooker, and then maybe Donno if you end up getting him back or wherever he ends up being too. I mean, this is a different look defense.
Speaker 3: It looks completely different.
Speaker 2: That's half of your starting lineup that's completely up ended. Not that everybody's going to be a starter there, but they all could be. They very well could be. Most of them could be. And so with all that being said, question mark, I think not to say that this defense is going to be world beaters now, but what have we said.
Speaker 3: This entire season is you got to just be serviceable.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're talking about the earlier this season, Week two, I think it was talking about Green Bay being world beaters and they mustered up seven points.
Speaker 3: Zero for most of the game. That was an ugly game.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 9: It was premium watch football, especially if you're a Cowboys fan it was. It was brutal, but I mean I love the defensive aspect of it.
Speaker 3: Man back and forth, the cake just flying.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but it was fun to watch Man just see them both flailing around.
Speaker 2: Hate hate stuff with both of those teams. I wish they could have ended in a tie to.
Speaker 3: Zero time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like ended up seven seven or something like that down the stretch would have been great.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the schedule that's at hand, and speaking of what the Cowboys have in front of them, I have it on the rundown today that we kind of take a roadmap through what it would take for Dallas to make the playoffs. And the more that I look at this roadmap, the more it's almost like we're in Lord of the Rings. We're trying to get Yeah, it's a mortor we're trying to make it there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly like I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, is it, Paul, I don't know. Beams not here, I'll be Era one. There you go again, we go, Handsome Squire, handsome the Uh. But yeah, it's it's rough, and you need how many wins you get with playoffs? You probably need to be double digits, right, double digits.
Speaker 3: In a tie? Yeah, ten six and eight. Yeah, I don't think so, I don't see it.
Speaker 2: I don't see it, So I don't know how do you get to that point based on the schedule? Sorry, no, no, no, I want to see where the conference is at.
Speaker 6: But you go ahead, Patrick, No, I mean I'm pulling that up as well on my screen. And when you look at so the Eagles move to seven and two, yep. The Seahawks are absolutely cooking as well. They're at seven and two. Then you got Detroit at six and three. We know they can just blow the doors off of any opponent on any given game day. Tampa, now we're talking division winners. Okay, So Tampa, I think they take their division. Rams seven and two, I think they take their division. Can't believe I'm saying this, But I mean Chicago versus Green Bay, that's kind of where you kind of that's your sweet spot, one of those guys you're gonna have to overtake. Unfortunately, you lost the one and you tied to the other, so Chicago has the tiebreaker on you for the wildcard spot. You would love to be if it's between those two teams, you would love it to be you versus Green Bay. As far as tiebreakers are concerned because it's a tie, like you have a tie that needs to mathematically be figured out. So then it goes to like strength of schedule, strength of opponent, it things like that.
Speaker 8: You need.
Speaker 6: Either the Bears or the Packers to just start falling backwards. Yeah, you need one of those who start falling backwards.
Speaker 2: I think the Rams are forty nine.
Speaker 6: I think the forty nine Ers are any I think they're starting to fall backwards.
Speaker 2: You need you need one team out of the NFC North and one team out of the NFC West to just start falling off.
Speaker 7: Yeah, one more injury for the Niners. They're gonna need the water.
Speaker 3: That's what I mean. I think, like, I think they're starting the process of falling back.
Speaker 2: Think I say I got a call from them this week.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, yeah, that would make sense. I would like I would love to see that.
Speaker 8: Isaiah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, forty uniform.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, he still got it.
Speaker 3: Man, he won't do it.
Speaker 6: He won't between Cowboys and Seattle. You think he's gonna pu he just I don't know. Richard Sherman did put on that he literally.
Speaker 7: Just had back back surgery. Yeah, but I'm like, he's strong isn't he.
Speaker 6: Free money signing go to So yeah, your sweet spot is hoping that Chicago Bay San Francisco start moving backward in that Carolina doesn't suddenly try to get hot because they had a little bit of a streak. They didn't before they started kind of cool here recently. So yeah, that those are going to be the four teams that you're really looking at, Chicago, Green Bay, San Francisco, and out sath Carolina. I don't have confidence in Minnesota. I think there are any given week kind of team. I don't think they're a playoff team.
Speaker 9: Though I don't really see it, man. I mean, granted, I don't want to like absolutely.
Speaker 7: Derail the show.
Speaker 3: You need so much help.
Speaker 9: You need so much help, and you haven't helped yourself. You have three wins against teams that are not very good. But I think we, like we've talked about, I'm glad that the team is getting better, Like you just said, you're gonna have five new defensive faces on the team, and they're gonna trend in the right direction, absolutely, and they're gonna go on a run here. I definitely feel that way, but I don't know if it's going to be enough.
Speaker 2: It's gonna have to be God. Yeah, you're gonna have to go like, what is it, eight and one down the stretch to even give yourself a shot.
Speaker 3: But I do think the second wins.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I do think the second half twenty twenty five season of the Dallas cop is going.
Speaker 7: To be much better than the first half of the season.
Speaker 3: I hope so.
Speaker 7: But I just think you've set yourself back so much.
Speaker 9: And you know, even Patrick was talking about that, if you take that loss against the Cardinals, yes, just the one, your chances are at, you know, making the playoffs for what eleven percent?
Speaker 3: Now you needed that.
Speaker 2: I'm shock, Yeah, it's even that high. Like I'm shocked eleven percent.
Speaker 3: Even I do feel like and I feel like I know where Josh is going with this.
Speaker 6: You're going to sit, You're likely going to sit at the end of the season, and you're going to probably probably see the Cowboys go on some kind of a run and it's going to give you so much hope. And when it's all set and done in the smoke clears, there's a more than solid chance that they're on the outside looking in.
Speaker 3: Yep, because they lost to the Cardinals. Yeah, yep.
Speaker 7: That's going to be the one and the Bears.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I can say the Bears, because it looks like the Bears are trending toward the playoffs and they.
Speaker 3: Kind of kicked your teeth in.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know absolutely.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, Panthers are trending up.
Speaker 6: All losses are in my eyes, all losses are are unforgivable if you competitive. But when you look at the Bears, it stings a little bit less because hey, it's like they're they're turning towards then to finish and they're they're lighting up the scoreboard here recently, like what was going on with the Bears. But the Cardinals were just so inept and you made them look like world beaters. Yeah, they were down very next week, they went back out and looked even more and did before.
Speaker 2: They were thirty eight to seven and halftime that that that isn't very good.
Speaker 6: That's what and we lost it. Yeah, that's what the Cantablar is supposed to do to a to a bad team. They're supposed to kick their teeth. So Seattle did they showed the Cowboys what to do. Cowboys didn't do it. I just feel like that Cardinals game is going to.
Speaker 3: Be the one.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be the It's going to be the one.
Speaker 3: It's going to ghost. It's it's it's right here, it's the ghost.
Speaker 6: So you're gonna I don't know, you've you have so many mistakes that you made in the first half, so much to clean up. Might just be a little bit too much spilt milk to Mapu.
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 9: But as long as this team gets better, I'm happy to see that. In terms of like the future of this team. I mean, like I said, I think the twenty twenty five season is what it is. I think you've done enough damage to yourself now at this point that it's really really hard, Like we said, eleven percent chance for you to make the playoffs at this point. But the pieces that you've added I think will make you guys better and speak well for the future.
Speaker 6: And I'll say this and shouts out to Melvin, I see the thing is no, I mean I'm not saying that sarcastically. So, I mean he's he's making good points in the chat. So is so are a lot of other people. So good great engagement, great conversation, guys, ladies and gentlemen, I want to be clear that I'm not saying the Cowboys will go on a run. I'm saying if they want to shot at the playoffs, they have no choice but to try to go.
Speaker 2: On to run.
Speaker 6: Now, if you're asking me, if you say no, see, what are the odds that they're making that run.
Speaker 3: In GB Yeah? Not good. Yeah. I want to say they're going to.
Speaker 6: Kick the Raiders' teeth in, especially with the new addition and the returns we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Logic says you will, But I'm.
Speaker 6: Kind of scarred by, you know, taking over time to beat the Giants and then losing to the Bears and the fashion you did before the Bears even knew who they were, and then you know, you lose to the Cardinals twenty seven to seventeen.
Speaker 7: So I just, I don't know, then made you look silly right there.
Speaker 6: Now, even if you handle the Raiders, you got the Eagles, you got the Chiefs, you got the Lions, that three game stretch right there, I think tears your run to shreds. Let's say you split with the Eagles, great, you then need to get a two game win streak going against Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs, and then you need to get a three game win streak going in Detroit against the Lions before you can then look at the Vikings and say, Okay, this is not a breather game, but as compared to the previous three opponents, kind of a breather game. That three game stretch is where the season lies.
Speaker 7: Let me ask you guys a question really quick though.
Speaker 9: Monday night, you guys destroy the Raiders. Let's say it's very convincing, defense, looks brand awesome.
Speaker 7: Yeah right, How does that impact your feeling going forward?
Speaker 9: Because I wouldn't say that's a great barometer how you're going to play against the like we just said, the Eagles, the Chiefs, and the Lion.
Speaker 2: I think it would feel a lot like the fools gold that was in Week five when Dallas dismantled the Jets. That's kind of where I would feel is so you wouldn't trust it, No, not not quite.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: If you turn around and you win another game, I mean who they have first out of that run, it's Philade Eagles. You turn around and look at you beat Philadelphia at home and you you look good in that game too, then we can start talking about this being.
Speaker 7: You beat the Eagles very convincingly, It's like, all right.
Speaker 3: Then we can make something of that.
Speaker 9: But then again, that's a that's a that's a team you tend to split against, right, that's a team that you play pretty well. And granted, you know, the first game of the season. I mean, you've had a chance to beat them. So I don't even know if I would take that into account.
Speaker 3: You know what, you should also take into account that team is seven and two.
Speaker 2: I think I would take it into it.
Speaker 9: Again, it's a it's a team that you tend to split with rivalry. I would I wouldn't beat down against the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: If you beat down the Raiders and you turn around, you you beat the Eagles. Even if it's a tight game, I think I would start saying, all right, maybe this worked, maybe this maybe.
Speaker 3: I would love all three.
Speaker 2: They'll get me wrong, but I think my my optimism would start kicking in after the Eagles.
Speaker 6: I would say, you would have to for my optimism to start kicking in, you would not only have to kick the Raiders into oblivion, but I would need you to do more than simply defeat the Eagles. It would have to be a statement win like I mean, convinced the game, you know, leave no doubt, not like remember the Titans, not like Packers Eagles last night.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, no, not that game. That's not going to do it for me.
Speaker 2: But it's in seven games.
Speaker 6: What I will say is, folks need to keep in mind of everything we're talking about. There's an added hidden challenge, hidden difficulty here for the Cowboys, and that is side the dates.
Speaker 3: There's a side question. That's the dates that.
Speaker 6: These games are being played on. Oh man, Okay, all of the difficulty that we're talking about. As far as you know, you hope you went against the Raiders, but then you got Eagles, you got Chiefs, you got Lions. Well let's look at this Monday night football, and then you got Sunday. So that's a short week and an even shorter week thereafter because they play on Thanksgiving four days later against the Chiefs. After you play the Eagles, which is a very physical team that you're going to take some bumps and bruises there, and you don't have time to recover before Patrick Mahomes comes back to Texas. This is what I mean when I say, and by the way, you know, you don't get a many bye after that, because well you got Detroit December forth with that Sunday Thursday seven, so you don't get the benefit of the many bye after that.
Speaker 2: Then after Detroit.
Speaker 6: Sunday Thursday Thursday before you get the extra couple days to prepare for you know, the Minnesota Viking.
Speaker 3: So it's NGB. Yeah, yeah B. That's what I mean when I say this.
Speaker 9: Is where we're talking about getting your business done and out of the way before this gauntlet that you have of a schedule.
Speaker 6: Might be a little bit too much spilt mealk to mop up, is what I'm saying. Yeah, it doesn't look great.
Speaker 2: There's a lot on the line these next couple weeks and it is not looking good. But guess what, We're still going to be.
Speaker 3: Here no matter what.
Speaker 2: Here on talking cowboys, and so are you talking Tuesday eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. Give us a call eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. We'll answer some folk calls on the other side of the break right after this.
Speaker 4: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build the future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the.
Speaker 3: Job done right.
Speaker 5: We're with you.
Speaker 4: That's our promise to you, because no matter of the project or the challenge you're facing, where with you?
Speaker 3: Where are you noted?
Speaker 2: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and.
Speaker 3: Pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee.
Speaker 2: That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 3: I'm home.
Speaker 1: Hey, mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 3: Nice. Hey, can you ahn? Yes, I've got the finale ready to play. Here's your wine. Wow?
Speaker 2: Isn't it nice? Not having to ask? We think so.
Speaker 1: That's why if there's a network interruption at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service. Guarantee credit for fiber downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixt minutes or more caused by a single incident Pact ten of more towers. The strictions and exclusions apply. It att dot Com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 3: How's it going you see that Cowboys game?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: I watched.
Speaker 5: I've been seeing some.
Speaker 3: Good things totally. They have some talent. You have some great talent, and they got some fight hoping. This is the year me too. Oh, I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis. Nice to meet you. Travis. Go Cowboys Go. Cowboys make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice.
Speaker 7: What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 3: Bank of America, the official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Corpywright twenty twenty five. Bank of America Corporation to Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back here on Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. This segment is brought to you I Invisi Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Back with Patrick Nosey Walker with Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans. He guess who's back. His name is Chris Beaman. He's got the sounder for some.
Speaker 7: It's ton till Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Pick up the phone, open, shut it up, spilled your mind shoesdays here.
Speaker 5: Call us Now that's some wine.
Speaker 10: Shoesday it is.
Speaker 2: I'm talking Tuesday here on Talking Cowboys. Oh my goodness, I just looked at Twitter. Uh the MAVs fired GM Nico Harrison.
Speaker 3: Wait, am I big wow?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 2: That's wild. Why I'm wearing a legend shirt today?
Speaker 8: Think?
Speaker 7: Why would they do that?
Speaker 2: There's a lot of reasons I'm thinking. I'm big wow, that's crazy. Well, I don't want to go too far into that because that would take up our entire show. All right, John from Burlington, North Carolina is now on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 8: John? Hey, how you guys doing today?
Speaker 3: Doing great? Thanks for calling.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's good to be on with you again. I hadn't talked to you, said last year when I had a few words of wisdom for you about the commander. Yeah, yeah, But anyway, I just wanted to, uh, just a couple questions and a couple of comments and then I'll hang up. First of all, Brian Schottenheimer seems to be getting a lot of grace.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 8: We talked about Ebercluse a lot, which he is terrible, but uh, this Schottenheimer, I don't see so much great on his side. I mean, I know the offense started out pretty good, but uh, he started out talking about seven irons and drivers. I think he's down to his pitching wedge as far as I can turn. So maybe we off looked at doing what I said last year. Maybe we need to do whatever it tastes to get Kyle Shanahan down there so we have some real football played in Dallas once again.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 8: Secondly, what's what's the deal with Butler? He was playing great last year before he tore his ACL. I understand he's back healthy, better than anything we've got out there currently, for sure. I mean, I hate to say it, as you don't know. If you remember I talked about Andrew Boots last year, Ben, I mean he looked he would look good. This secondary so bad and I can't even believe I said that. And finally, if you guys could just give my man Isaiah a message about Trey Lance. I told you he couldn't play last year in that Commanders game. He couldn't even hit a wide open. The guy that went on down to Carolina, he couldn't even hit him. Rico, he couldn't even hit him wide open. The ends on her were to beat them last year with our four stringers, and finally I bought my man Voce Lombardy. I see him on the break. I don't think he's always bad mouth. And Mike McCarthy, this is a quick reminder. He's the only coach in the last twenty years went twelve and five three consecutive years, and the playoffs do matter. Thank you guys for listening. I hope you have a great day.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: A lot to impact there and lots of points, certainly in that regard. I'll start with that pitch. The criticism of Lian Schottenheimer. That was the first thing that stock out to me is I think there's fair criticism from a play calling standpoint.
Speaker 3: I think he said it.
Speaker 2: This offense started hot, they were rolling in the right direction, they were kicking on all cylinders and putting up points. Even if they were in losing efforts, they were still having success. And then over the last two games Denver followed by Arizona, the offense has just been inept at times, and I think part of that is play calling.
Speaker 3: Part of that is execution.
Speaker 2: And I'd said it yesterday on the offensive line, I think the offensive line's got to play better. But what do you think about the I think we've seen more than a seven iron. I think we've seen the driver a couple times. But down to the pitching wedge. Do you think that's the case for coach Schottenheimer?
Speaker 7: Why would you use baseball analogy than me, dude, we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Baseball because I said.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 9: I mean, I think there's fair criticism for Brian Schottenheimer's as a play caller. I talked about it last week, especially after the Cardinals game. When you're you know, what, is it first and golf or is it second or third?
Speaker 7: Whatever it was.
Speaker 9: You're at the four yard line and you're running so well and or Rico Daddle excuse me, exqueeze me, Jamanty Williams is playing is a off and you choose.
Speaker 7: To throw the ball four yards out twice in a row.
Speaker 3: That was a choice.
Speaker 7: That was a choice from Brian Schottenheimer.
Speaker 9: But I think he's sort of at least the offensive line getting in a groove. I think the more confidence that he has the offensive line going forward, once they have more chemistry taking more snaps together, I think he's going to be a little more consistent and reliant on the run when he believes in it a little bit more. But at least for me, I think it's a fair criticized where Broton Chimer's out, Brighton Schottenheimer's out right now, But I don't think you criticize the fact that he is a leader for sure.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, And I do agree with the criticism because this Allen has stalled lately, And but then when you look at the totality of why they they're installed, it's a combination of questionable play calls from Schottenheimer. But then when they're great play calls or play calls that would produce chunk yardage, you're not getting protection up front, you can't get the run game going. You got you know, self inflicted wounds that I mean, Brian Schottenheimer is not the one telling you to fall start right. Yeah, he's not the one telling you to hold a guy right. So you know that accountability lies on the players as well. So but I've seen enough so far from Brian Schottenheimer over the first several games to believe that. I mean, I don't think he's all the way down to a pitching uh. I can't get old because that was a bar. I think he'll start pulling the driver back out. But it starts with and I agree with Josh here, it starts with having trust in your offensive line that they're going to re solidify and be able to, you know, control the game. Because if they don't control the game, then you're going to see Brian Schottenheimer try to call plays that are that he otherwise wouldn't because he lacks that trust in that moment of the offensive line. So one thing begets the other offensive line starts playing well again, It begets the trust on that side from Brian Schottenheimer, which then begets you know, him being more confident in calling plays that trust that offensive line, and then that involves going downfield more. That also involves running the ball more. With Javonte Williams, So I think it starts in the trenches. But I am in no way, shape or form saying that Brian Schottenheimer escapes accountability because he absolutely does not.
Speaker 3: As the leader of this team.
Speaker 6: As far as Mike McCarthy goes, credit the McCarthy for having those three twelve and five seasons. That is not easy to do, especially with the spotlight of Dallas hovering above you. But at the end of the day, the playoff success was not there, so you got to keep that in mind as well. But you're probably you know, all you Mike McCarthy fans that still exist, and I get it. I mean, he's one of the best coaches in NFL history. It just couldn't make it work here in Dallas. You'll probably get your fixed when he's coaching the Giants. Prediction, Wow, you did, I think McCarthy to the Giants.
Speaker 7: It took a year off for a reason.
Speaker 3: I've been saying that the whole time.
Speaker 6: Took a year off to let time, you know, fade the picture in people's minds as far as all that he was unable to do in Dallas.
Speaker 3: And you know, here we go, the Giants.
Speaker 2: We had a lot of conversations about Mike McCarthy at the end of the year. I'll just stick to what we talked about back then, you know, whenever that was, whenever that decision was looming whether or not to bring him back. I'll kind of keep it to that all right, Mike in New York is our next collar. What's going on?
Speaker 11: Mike's going on for most of my prayers kneeling. Obviously I'm a that hard cowboys. Then you guys know that and it listen your shirt yesterday it was arf breaking. Obviously, it's you know, tragedy is part of being a bigger than football. As we talk, you know, you guys made it clear and stuff. But yeah, it's just my thoughts and pressure, you know, for order or organizations. I'm hoping that our defense improves with the you know, the Williams and the guys that we added on defense. I feel like it's can't you know, should be should be better? I mean it's you know, hopefully I think I feel like what we did on defense that definitely got better. So hopefully we'll see.
Speaker 2: So I appreciate you Mike as always. And yeah, of course, yeah, I meant to say this at the beginning of the show. But for all those that kind of sent us messages and support yesterday. We got a lot of Twitter dms and mentions and things like that about the support from yesterday. Show appreciated that was that was four guys talking real, you know, Yeah, it was. It was heartbreak it certainly, and it still is to today. But uh, we appreciate you being patient with us through yesterday show and a lot of emotion that was flying around the building yesterday.
Speaker 7: Some things are bigger than football though.
Speaker 2: Man absolutely, absolutely, Uh, Mike talking about the turn of five new faces on the defensive side of the football, A couple from the trades, couple from the back end of injury rehab and things like that.
Speaker 3: Which one are you most excited about?
Speaker 2: Because I know all year long Patrick's been all over this to Marvin overshown train. But can the trade of Quinn and Williams up in the excitement of what the Marvin Overshown brings.
Speaker 6: I don't know that it can upend it, but I think that those trains are neck and neck.
Speaker 2: Man, Oh, you can't do that on tracks. You know it's not allowed.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: The Federal Railroad Commission doesn't allow it. Okay, then yes you can pass each other.
Speaker 6: Then yes, for the sake for the sake of the point that you're trying to make as a moderator, then yes, I do think that narrowly Quinn williams Is acquisition could edge out the return of the Marvion Overshown. But I mean I say that to say, how exciting can this Raiders game be. I mean, obviously, we're going to honor Marshawn and we're going to continue to honor Marshaan. But inside of that, you know, to Marion Overshown, the fan base, including myself, we've been salivating at the thought of this this young man getting back on the field and hopefully remaining healthy in what he can do for this defense. But at the same time, we sat here and we said, you're probably going to have to give him some grace for him to get back to that point, right, because he's just now coming back. But then you go and you trade for Quinn Williams. You know one thing that's going to help to Marvey On oversh get that, you know, get back to form pretty quick is a little bit. It's dropping Quinn Williams right in front of him, right, so, you know, for that purpose, for that reason, if if for that reason alone, I'm going to say that the Quentin Williams trade does slightly edge out the excitement to have to Marvey On back.
Speaker 3: But you know, be not mistaken. I am still through the roof and over.
Speaker 6: The moon to see to mariyo On overshown back on the field, knowing the adversity he's had to overcome yet again. But man, this so what do you got with the Raiders going against the Raiders? You got the debut of Quinn Williams to a lesser but still important degree. You got Logan Wilson debut, and you got the return of the Marveon over shown possibly the debut of Savone revel.
Speaker 5: This is.
Speaker 3: Under the bright lights in Las Vegas. It's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 2: First ever regular season trip for the Cowboys to Las Vegas, by the way, Yeah it was preseason. Yeah, they went to the preseason game a couple of years back. All right, let's take our second break. When we come back, We've got a couple more callers on the line as our Talking Tuesday wraps up here from the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 3: More Talking Cowboys after this.
Speaker 2: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and.
Speaker 3: Pick up a bag of Black Rifle coffee.
Speaker 2: That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you.
Speaker 3: Black Rifle Coffee Company.
Speaker 2: He is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle Coffee today.
Speaker 12: If you shout how about them Cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you are one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the.
Speaker 7: Game day lineup that can't be beat better.
Speaker 12: Yet, gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 7: The wins will be even taste here, it's a pepper thing.
Speaker 2: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus, because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four Jack's Favorites and a full sized intense therapy lifball.
Speaker 3: Make a play for the Playmaker.
Speaker 2: At Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's Get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. I'm home, Hey, mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 3: Nice?
Speaker 2: Hey can you hehn?
Speaker 3: Yes, I've got the finale ready to play. Here's your wine. Wow.
Speaker 2: Isn't it nice not having to ask? We think so.
Speaker 1: That's why if there's a network interruption at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incidentmpact in ten more towers. The strictions and exclusions applies att dot com Slash Guarantee for details.
Speaker 3: To the Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Backyard Donkey Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, where your cowboys gear to a Black Rifle Coffee brick and mortar store and get ten percent off your entire order on Cowboys game days. You see this sweet hat that Josh is rocking.
Speaker 7: Right here, that's the second compliment got Patrick. You got a great hat too.
Speaker 3: Patrick has a great hat.
Speaker 7: But no, but I'm getting a lot of praise on this out. But I've worn this before?
Speaker 2: Have you on the show?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That's fire.
Speaker 7: You like that fire hat.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I remember. It looks I like it. It's sweet.
Speaker 9: I think it's how it compliments the pullover, the fleece pullover.
Speaker 3: That's what it is. I think it just matches the handsome squid word aesthetic.
Speaker 2: There's like half of our audience that's probably like, what is handsome squid word? Just look at us about to pick recycle bens? Yeah no, do you hear beamer?
Speaker 3: He said?
Speaker 2: He said, Josh, you look like you're about to pick up my recycled beins out back. Oh wow, that's awful.
Speaker 9: Says the guy that wears a Native American fleece in the back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I don't know any beam coming at me for fashion.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 7: Dude tucks in his polo every day.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with talking at the bowline? God? We're not friends.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, a fashion.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Let's turn it over to Nebby in Silver Spring, Maryland.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 8: Nebby?
Speaker 5: Hi, guys, thank you so much for taking my call. Of course, listen, I have a comment, uh and I also have a question. My question is am I crazy for believing that despite the fact that our offensive line has struggled at times this season? Am I crazy for believing that Connor Riley has done a good job so far as our offensive line coach?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: I I I I.
Speaker 5: My comment is the only way we can make the playoffs this season is by winning the NFC East, and considering that the Eagles are now three and a half games ahead of us, it's gonna be a tall order for us to win the NFC East, But of course, anything I can happen. Take care, I have a great week. Thanks for being patient with me, and I I'm I love you guys, Take.
Speaker 2: Care by lovey Nevy, appreciate you man. And what do we always say about exactly? And I think his point there is valid at the very end, when he's talking about Philadelphia being the team to catch in order for Dallas to make the playoffs. We talked about that in the opening segment, you need two teams from two separate divisions to start falling off, or you can just try and catch Philadelphia. Their remaining scheduled Detroit, Dallas, Chicago, La Chargers, Vegas, Washington, Buffalo on the road, and Washington. So they got Washington twice in the final three weeks. That's kind of an interesting, unique deal. And then I mean, they could lose to Detroit, Dallas could try and help them themselves there. But of course that's a game where Philadelphia should be heavily favored. Chicago's been playing better football, the Chargers have been playing pretty good football. Chargers Raiders are men. And then at Buffalo, like Josh Allen's gonna be ramped up by then too. So it's possible that the Eagles end up with five or six losses in there. That would mean the Dallas Cowboys have to run the table yep in order.
Speaker 3: Maybe one more long right, and it can't be the Raider, And it can't.
Speaker 6: Be That's where Nibby's point comes in. It's a tall order. To quote Nibby, it is in fact a tall order. It's so much damage has been done over the first half of the season that it requires damn near perfection over the remainder of the season, and you're just anything is possible, true, but it's so unlikely that you are damn near perfect suddenly damn near perfect. Yeah, over the remainder of the season. Yes, you're getting you know, five up with a five new faces on the defensive side of the ball. Yes, your offense is most likely going to snap back and get back in their groove. However, to play virtually perfect football every single week, that means your playoffs start right now.
Speaker 7: Yeah mm hm, and that can't lose another game.
Speaker 6: Right Your playoffs start right now, so to speak. And that's a long time to mentally be in that space. Every single game is a must win, every single snap. And I mean you should have that thought process anyway, but realistically speaking, it's it ratchets up.
Speaker 9: Given the sample size of what the team is giving you so far, you cannot bank on that happening. You really can't. That would just be that would be silly to think that way. But I think the one thing that you can sort of hang your hat on is that this team gets better. This team Galvin and and goes forward and plays good football. That's the That's what's most important to me right now is playing really well and winning these games. Winning the game that's in front of you right going one to know each week, and yeah, that's all you can really do.
Speaker 2: I don't want to skip over his point, but we got to get to our next collar. About the offensive line, I think there's been ups and downs with the offensive line, but with the revolving door that they've had, I do give credit to Connor Riley and to Clayton Adams too as the offensive coordinator that has his hands on this offensive line.
Speaker 3: I think you're going to start seeing their work.
Speaker 2: Payoff this week or the week after that with better offensive line play, I really do. I think the continuity upfront is all you've been missing, and now that you've got your five guys back, I think it's going to start to click a little bit better.
Speaker 9: What they saw in the run game early on in the season, even in training camp, is something that I didn't necessarily see coming to Fruition, and it has impacted the team so far. And you can easily rely on this game on this run game. Granted, the coaching staff hasn't necessarily done that in play calling scenarios so far this season. But at least for me, the stark difference between the run game last season versus this season. It's there, man, you have to have great confidence in it, and Connor Ralli's an incredible job.
Speaker 3: So yeah, real quick to the Conor Riley point.
Speaker 6: I mean, he's also accountable for the offensive line struggles over the past couple of games. That being said, he's also accountable for we killed. We'll also be credited for the running game getting where it was in the first place.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 6: I remember we were sitting here at the same table talking about how the Cowboys were down four starters and you couldn't tell yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's Connor Riley. Yeah, we did have that conversation.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Final caller of the day on this talking Tuesday, Brian in Kansas City.
Speaker 3: What's going on? Brian?
Speaker 5: Good morning, gentlemen, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 10: You know, I was just thinking about the offensive line also, and so glad to hear from Neby today. Yeah, you know, I really wanted to know. So I don't think this is breaking news that the week point appears to be the tackles. Do we have any options because we put in Nate Thomas last week and he did not have a good showing in the part of the game that he got in for. Is there anybody else on the roster that you think, hey, maybe this is the person that should give us some stability there. I'll hang up and listen.
Speaker 8: It's good to talk to you guys today.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you calling. As always, Brian always bring up great questions. Here are your tackles on the roster right now, Tyler Geiton, Terrence Steelers are your starters, of course, Nate Thomas, Hakeema, Dinergy. Would you like me to continue?
Speaker 3: You can't exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean, as Johnny Cordnelius maybe, but he's been mostly working at guard throughout the season, may off of your practice squad or reserves. I mean, there's not really a whole lot there. So I mean, they do have Jiron Christian, the undrafted they excuse me, the signee from Cleveland this offseason, Christian who was at training camp I believe, or maybe right after training camp.
Speaker 3: But there's not a whole lot of option there. And we've had the debate.
Speaker 2: I know you and I talked about the Nate Thomas performance in a different light. I think you saw it as he didn't play well, and he didn't and I agree. I thought he was put in a tough situation and didn't play well. I don't want to replace Terrence Steele quite yet, but if you need to experiment, he's the only one that I would be okay with that doing.
Speaker 6: And we talked about this specifically, like you mentioned a few episodes ago, episodes ago before the Bowe Week, where it's like you as an organization, you have to decide what you want to do. What's your future with Terrence Steel. Yeah, because if you feel like Nate Thomas might be the future at the position, then go ahead and unleash him now maybe. But if you believe that you still have a future with Terrence Steel and that he can get back to form, then you ride that that wave. I don't like the waffling, the back and forth right where it's just like, okay, well let's start one and if he doesn't play well at halftime, we'll swap him out. You're ruining the continuity of what Connor Riley's trying to do there.
Speaker 3: So pick one, stick with it.
Speaker 6: And I think that they're going to pick Terrence Steel and stick with that because you know, I think Nate Thomas has a future. I'm not going to say I believe Nate Thomas is a Pro Bowl caliber guy, but I think he has a future ed potentially being a starter. I just don't know that you're going to find that out right now?
Speaker 9: Correct me if I'm wrong, Chris Biamer. But is uh You're able to get out of Seals contract after this season?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 2: I think you're right.
Speaker 3: I can take a look here if you like to know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I want to see Nate Thomas.
Speaker 2: Hm, you want to see him at right tackle. I do kind of flip him a little bit.
Speaker 3: Okay, that we just don't really have any options.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you need to look at those those you need to look at Tyler guy, and you need to look at Terrence Steele, and you need to just say, play better ball consistently, play better ball more consistently, not just in patches or pockets. No pun intended with the pocket thing, but you just need to play better ball because a.
Speaker 3: Chem of energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nate, who's going to be here in the future, who's going to be your offensive line?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 6: Don't please gotta go. Don't look at free agency because it's not there.
Speaker 2: We asked you a question, Chris Biemer, We'll see you next time. Go more talking Cowboys for Patrick nose Walker, Josh Guess, Chris Beam in the backup Kyle Yeoman saying so long, we'll see you next time.
Speaker 6: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.