Speaker 1: Native LAMDPOD is a production of iHeartRadio and partnership with Reason Choice Media. One of the things that I think we all agree on is, you know, making sure that Iran doesn't get a nuclear weapon which will destroy and disrupt the Middle.
Speaker 2: Lefth I thought he already destroyed those.
Speaker 1: No, he obliterated it. Let's listen to him talk about it, and then talk about the fact that we're on the precipice of war with Iran.
Speaker 3: As president, I will make peace wherever I can, but I will never hesitate to confront threats to America wherever we must. That's why, in a breakthrough operation last year, the United States military obliterated Iran's nuclear weapons program with an attack on a radian soil known as Operation Midnight Hammer.
Speaker 1: So, you know, one of the things that's kind of crazy, in my opinion, is that we have the most heavy artillery that we've had located outside of Iran since two thousand and three. There's a military build up much like what we saw Inzuela. The question is for what the CIA just met with the Gang of Eight recently this week. Something is happening in Iran and we don't know what, but I thought that we obliterated their nuclear program, So like, what exactly are we doing? I think Iran has the it has the makings of another rat which is devastating.
Speaker 2: Well, and it.
Speaker 4: Seems all like this is inevitable, which it's not supposed to because there's no congressional authorization. There's been no credible case being put forth. There's contradicted contradictions in terms of we obliterated it, but we don't want them to get it. Which one is it? This is pretty serious, and it just seems like this president and that idiot Pete Hegseth, that degenerate just think this is all fun and games, This is all war games for them, when there are actual lives at stake here and so this can be a multi trillion dollar disaster multiple I mean million, nine millions, thousands of lives, tens of thousands of lives. And Donald Trump still hasn't solved the other wars, and he claims he solved He listed off eight countries and not narrow one of them.
Speaker 2: Wars.
Speaker 4: Our conflicts are solved thanks to Donald Trump, and that's the This is not America. First, we already have the president of Venezuela in New York City facing charts for what and nothing has been done that actually needs to be done in terms of what's happening in America and getting these prices down, getting healthcare, making it affordable, fighting climate change. Nothing that actually is a problem is being solved, and he's manufacturing all these problems so that he can have something to do.
Speaker 2: Recent your point around, there's been no conversation with the American people, like I just want to double tap exclamation mark that I mean all of many of us. I think all of us on here lived through nine eleven, two thousand and one, and even having experienced that day September eleventh, there was still months loan campaigns by the administration to ready the American people for invasion. They had to make the case Iraq. They sent this. You know, you all remember Colin Power going down to the UN, you know, selling that terrible speech full of lies that he later admitted to in the administration. Of course, had the cop to eventually, But that's what you do when you ready a nation for war. Why, because you have to ready us for not just the cost financially, but of the of the toll on American men and women who will be dutiful and being sent to service under the belief that they're being sent because the threat to America is that great that it will require the lives of Americans. In this case, we got none of that. This man, as you said, and p they're playing on a chess board. Not even that they're playing on a checkerboard, right, moving soldiers around on a checkerboard. The repercussions here are huge. This is the largest build up since the Wars of two thousand and two beyond forward, so larger than what happened in Venezuela. And it needs to be why. Because Iran is a nation state of over ninety million people. This is not gonna be like what you saw.
Speaker 1: And they have they have unique military capability, they have unique cyber capability. One of the things Andrew and Angela, they get tired of me saying this because I say it in every single show. Reci but nothing happens in a vacuum, like literally, nothing happens in a vacuum. One of the things that we saw. And there are people who follow this for a living flight patterns, right. Prime Minister Modi, the Prime Minister of India, was actually en route landed this morning in Israel, and so you're not going to attack Aron with Modi and Israel. That doesn't necessarily make sense. So you have a couple of days before something happens, and you saw him attempt to make a case in the State of the Union. Nothing was persuasive, and I just it all goes back to the con that is Donald Trump. I mean, we're gonna have to really examine post his presidency, the con that he got poor people to believe that someone who pisses in a golden urinal is one of them, and the lies that he feeds through the trough, this lie with foreign policy is the same thing America first, this nationalism. We're no more never ending wars. I'm ending wars. And yet it looks like young men and women who don't have the last name Trump are going to be the ones fighting this battle. And the problem that I have with this is not the prevention of Iran getting a nuclear weapon, because I am someone who was a big supporter of the Iran nuclear deal, and you know what, trust would verify they were actually being prevented from having those nuclear capabilities. What did Donald Trump do? Rip it up? Now we're here one on the precipice of them getting a nuclear weapon, two on the precipice of war with Iran, and three meaning that when our children get of age in college, there is a strong possibility and likelihood that we will still maybe not be at war, but still have a military presence in Iran. When I thought that the inn artful way we got out of Afghanistan finally ended never ended wars, and apparently I was wrong, we.
Speaker 2: Thank you this much. I'm gonna predict this. Donald Trump's kids are going to be as somebody's negotiating table getting all of the winnings for the American people's sacrifice. There's no doubt about it. That's been their past and that passes prologue. That's one certainty that we will have, regardless of this build up war and conflict, heads or tails, they gonna be at the negotiating table.
Speaker 1: Getting the griff war creates billionaires. Listen. But one of the things that we go ahead reach I know you wanted to jump in.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to add one more thing because we talked a lot about Trump, But we do have to hold the Republicans in Congress accountable. They have completely abdicated their role in everything that relates to protecting the American people. They are allowing this what appears to be an inevitable march towards war with Iran. They don't want to have a war powers resolution that Tom Massey and Representative Rocanna have put forth. They did nothing when he was when he was conducting those illegal bolt strikes off the coast of Caribbean. They did nothing when he kidnapped the president of Venezuela. They've done nothing on tariffs. Every single time. Everything that we've talked about that Donald Trump has done, he has done with the full blessing of a neutered Republican Congress. And so everybody who is upset with Trump, you have the opportunity, and maybe I should save this for the Call to Access to do this, to hold the people accountable who are there to do a job that they refuse to do. And then the one last thing I'll say is we have a thirty eight trillion dollar national debt, and that is already something that economists and all kinds of people are signing the alarm one because this big beautiful bill that Angela mentioned is going to add trillions to the debt and or to the deficit, and now you're talking about a war trillions of dollars, and so that is going to make borrowing more expensive for everybody. I have to put it in terms that people care about, because people don't care about troops dying, people don't care about how many people we bomb around the world. But when we continue to explode our national debt, that makes it harder for the United States to borrow, which makes it more expensive for them to borrow, which makes it more expensive for us to go and get a car loan and get a mortgage. And so this has many implications outside of just oh well, it's another war. How do we get here? Oh well, I'm going to continue to go to brunch or I'm going to continue to go to the grocery store like nothing happens. This is very very serious. In addition to the human aspect, it's very serious in terms of the toll that it takes on Americans as well.
Speaker 1: You know, one of the things that we got to look forward to, though, is somebody's gonna have to put a stop to this, And somebody in twenty twenty eight is going to have to kind of change the narrative we get we need a refreshing look.
Speaker 2: On the ideas. I'm messing with you.
Speaker 4: Maybe we could talk about it in a cause.
Speaker 2: That's what I heard that. Well, Oh, I thought you were going to say the mini maybe talk about Oh we did that last we did? We did, we did.
Speaker 4: We're going to talk about bafton the mini ag.
Speaker 2: Yep, you see how I be Oh, we'd be right there.
Speaker 1: I mean, before we get to before we get the cause of action. I did want to one of the one of the things that that we talked about. We have about ten minutes here that we can kind of delve a little bit into this topic. But when we saw people who have to be formidable to this operation that we're seeing from Republicans, the lies that we saw all week, we saw Gavin get caught up in the cyclical kind of social media space, how do you break through? How do you break through with that? And I mean, I know we're going to get the CTAs, but my question is how do we fight back against Trump? And Trump is I'm seeing all the lies, seeing where we are, seeing what the political discourse is because after watching that State of the Union, I'm absolutely certain that they're at least two different Americas and so you know, what do we do to break through and make sure that we have not only a successful twenty twenty six campaign cycle, but twenty twenty eight as well. That's like my big question.
Speaker 2: Divorce ourselves from the belief that things are as they were. I mean, the biggest thing that standing in the way of democratic leaders, all the strategists who are whispering in the ears of these candidates and electeds right now of how we've got to, you know, approach this with maturity, and we're going to be the folks who, you know, steer the wheel back the other direction. Well, we can steer the will when we have the will. We don't have the will, correct, And so right now, the master showman, the con artist himself, was conning last night. And while those of us who pay attention and read and follow the stuff understand the nuance, you didn't. It didn't take nuance. I mean it was flat on the nose, just outright lies. But there's a constituency out there. It is a diminishing one, but there's a constituency who are going to get what they will know about what happened in the state of the Union from these little sound bites of Donald Trump himself being the showman slash con artists that he is, and so we just this is not America of yesteryear. I'm not even sure that we can date the change to Donald Trump. I think we started to this started to slip away before him, but we're not there. And the quicker we learned that lesson, then we can get about playing on some real turf. But right now I just think we're existing far too much in two different worlds. You're right, literal different worlds. We're over here being nice and polite and and our suits are buttoned up and we're in decorum, and then he's eating our lunch, our dinner and our meals for our kids the next day. That's what it looks like to me. Were losing because we because because he went in.
Speaker 1: Native Lampard is a production of iHeart Radio and partnership with Reizent Choice Media. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.