Speaker 1: Kabooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the Old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Clearinghouse of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Mahler starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere.
Speaker 3: The Fifth Hour with Ben Mahler and Danny g live on tape from Radio Row Viva Las Vegas.
Speaker 4: Hello, Danny, Hey there, Ben. I just want to start by saying I'm here courtesy of Bounty.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is hilarious. The first thing I saw, I've been up all night, Danny. I did the overnight show and then drove the sunrise over the desert out in Barstow what ever. But I came into the Radio Row area and the first thing I saw was it was Kirk Cousins. And then he was followed by a posse of people with bowls.
Speaker 4: Of chicken fingers. Yeah yeah, and they're slathered in sauce and they've been coming to the main stage. Here we're at Radio Row, by the way, live in Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: Yes, Las Vegas, wages, Nevada. I will be making a donation to the economy here before I leave. I'm not here long, Danny, but I will be making a donation.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Friday is the day where the foot traffic just goes insane.
Speaker 1: Last last chance, right.
Speaker 4: This is yeah? Yeah. And so walking in seeing the big time pro athletes talking items and products, it's pretty interesting. We're going to have a couple of big time athletes this weekend today.
Speaker 1: You don't know who's going to stop by, right, You have no idea.
Speaker 4: You never know. We're kind of lying because we have a little bit of an idea. Well we have.
Speaker 3: They handed us a piece of paper here, but whether they actually show up or not.
Speaker 4: I was going to say no, I was going to say I saw the Twitter traffic last night from your live show and it reminded me. I was like, oh, that's right, Ben is on the air right now. Yes, And then how long did that drive take you together?
Speaker 3: H Well, I mean there wasn't any traffic because there were many people on the road at the I'm okay with my wife and I drove to Barstow, which is the halfway point, as you know, from La to Vegas, was the Del Taco still open?
Speaker 4: Uh? No, we were going to go to the Del Tiger. She wanted to.
Speaker 1: She actually ate. I'm on a fast, so I haven't eaten yet.
Speaker 3: But it's been crazy because we did the TV show yesterday and this is it, Danny, the last weekend of Benny Versus the Penny airing today. I know this podcast is going up late, but this is it. We did the entire season, twenty one weeks of television.
Speaker 4: When the TV show started, you and I predicted that you guys would be out on your ass by week eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we thought probably maybe week three because the first episode took about twenty five hours to tape. It was ridiculous how long the first one took. And then it's gotten it's gotten better, but it's been great, and so we did that.
Speaker 4: We wrapped the show up.
Speaker 3: Me and Looney recorded on it on Thursday, and then you know, did the overnight show. It took a nap and here we are hanging out and I know over the weekend. I will save some of the stories to the Saturday podcast about because you've been here all week.
Speaker 4: It feels like two weeks because just to get here was insane. With a monsoon that was in La it took the staff an extra day to get into Las Vegas. We were sitting at the Bob Hope Airport, Covino Rich Hope Airport. Yeah, thank and you'll love this. Kiermo of the Jimmy Kimmel Show was sitting with us the whole time. Oh nice. Yeah, so we got to hear all these cool TV stories which you could appreciate. And we're sitting there and they just kept delaying and delaying, and all of us kept getting alerts to our phone, right, and so it was like another twenty minutes, another half hour, another hour, another hour. Finally, six hours later, they announce on the intercom the flight's just been canceled. So everybody moaning and grown in. One dude stands up. We got to tell the story Monday afternoon on Covino and Rich. This older black gentleman stands up and he starts cursing, and we're like, oh, free show. And he's just going He's like, you at least old me a fucking hotel room. And he's like but then after he would curse, he'd look around and be like, I'm so sorry, I'm sorry for I'm so sorry. And then he would you know, he was blowing his casket so even they handled it really where well there they give him something? Oh, yeah, they gave him something. Security so TSA comes and now there's a security circle around the poor guy and I'm like, man, this is horrible. So right then he looks at everybody and he's like, y'all see how they're doing me? He said, And then he says it's like I'm not even John Stalworth.
Speaker 3: Oh that's kind of a douche move though.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Hall of Fame NFL player. Yeah, but still, I mean you can't.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know who I am?
Speaker 4: You know, like, well I think we're good. Wow, So what do you mean when we're in Sherman Oak, I tell tell people I'm Ben mall the time to get free stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm like, I don't know, don't I tried to be I try to pretend I'm not actually who I am there. But that's great. Did it so he got something? Did you get something? Did you get like you didn't need a hotel room? But you know what you need is the travel vouchers. I always and when I try with my wife and she hates this, but I love I want to get bumped from the plane because they give you, like free travel, you're good to go on that.
Speaker 4: It's not it is it's not worth it. It is absolutely wid. We have our first guest approaching the set. Ben Is that right? Yeah, he's making his way in. He's making his way in.
Speaker 1: Oh he's got a camera crew with him here.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, all right cool. Yeah, we're being told that just one more moment because the camera crew is on him. Oh yeah, he's walking, he's doing all like us. We have two camera crews on us. They're documenting everything we do.
Speaker 1: For yes, it's for posterity sake. They're they're recording everything wrong. And there's a lot you know.
Speaker 3: What it reminds me of was like Atlantic City the boardwalk or Santa Monica, the area there right near the with all the shops, all the guys roller skates. Yeah, that's that kind of.
Speaker 4: We're gonna sit him right here, yeah all right, yeah, we could tilt it. Yeah, yeah, there you go. The tilt is the key. All right, we got his chair ready. Who's he We'll find out in just a moment.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll see he actually takes We can't promote him until he actually is here, until they sit down, we won't say their name, not like the fight club right here, Yeah, exactly exactly. They're just kind of kind of chilling. It's not like we're killing time. See and then somebody else stopped them. See that's the proper So you know what you could do right now? You've never done this.
Speaker 4: We a podcast before plug how people can see your last TV shows? Oh, that's right.
Speaker 3: I never promote my TV show but tonight Saturday and on Sunday on the NBC Sports regional cable networks Bennie Versus the Penny, and you can check that out.
Speaker 1: We're on late tonight.
Speaker 3: The Celtics are playing tonight, so we're on late in Boston, which is kind of the hub of the show there eleven thirty and midnight back to back airings there, but we're on earlier in San Francisco on NBC Sports Bay Area. We'll be on in Chicago tonight, Philadelphia, then on Saturday LA and Sunday morning SNY in New York. And there's a bunch of showings too on other channels. Those are the ones I promote because I know from the people at NBC that the show is on at certain times and whatnot. But you can catch a show the last chance.
Speaker 4: This is it.
Speaker 3: As we mentioned, we did the final show yesterday, Looney yet again had a wardrobe malfunction. He had he had to change things up, and he had he brought the wrong shirt. We've done this now, twenty one weeks of television, and he does not he has not realized, he has not realized that, Hey, wait a minute here, you can't wear certain shirts with a green screen not allowed. As we continue hanging out here, just been handed right here. You can hear, you can hear the paper a piece of paper, and now stepping in a man who's going to get one of those gold jackets as are twining us on behalf of Nirvana Super Nirvana Super. It's gonna sound like I'm not reading, but I am absolutely reading your Nirvana Super. A functional beverage line of flavored water.
Speaker 4: He's only been doing this radio stuff for twenty years.
Speaker 1: Seltzers and shots.
Speaker 3: All of the beverages, it says here are infused with HMB, which is clinically supported from over three decades of research to improve muscle performance and recovery and promote lean muscle mass. They are the only beverages on the mark confused with h MB and also contained several other vitamins and nutrients.
Speaker 1: Adrian, welcome.
Speaker 3: You don't remember this, but when you were in Oklahoma after in Oklahoma game, obviously it was like a Saturday afternoon. I interviewed you in college back in the day. You don't remember, you're on the phone, but it was. It's good to talk to you again.
Speaker 4: What have you been up to you?
Speaker 1: You haven't playing a couple years, right, So what have you been What he been doing?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: Not too much, man, I've been coaching my boys. Yeah, and just kind of kind of landload. Man, I've been They've been keeping me busy. I got my boys in baseball, football, and track, and uh yeah, I've been keeping them, keeping them going.
Speaker 3: Did I read something the other day that your daughter's like a prodigy or something like that. You got offered a scholarship in Basketball's all right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, my daughter should go to Providence Academy in Minnesota. And she's been on Vorcity since the seventh grade years she the eighth grader, and she's been recruited by like fifteen D one schools, and last this past Thursday, Minnesota offered her her first scholarship.
Speaker 4: So she's pretty stoked about that. Nice eighth grader, right, I was just gonna ask you, Yeah, what are your the ages of your kids? Yeah?
Speaker 6: So I got one of us in college.
Speaker 5: She goes to Hudson Tillison in Austin, And uh, so I have I have a freshman, he's fifteen. I have seventh, seventh, eighth grade. Al she's in eighth grade. I got a son in Minnesota who's in eighth grade as well. And then Adrian junior and he's seventh grader. Axel is second grade. He looks like he's in fourth grade. You look, he's tall as heck. And then Arbury Halle a new baby. Girls, Oh very cool, congrats. Yeah, she's five months. So I stayed busy with the kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it sounds like it. There you go. And when she's I have one and I can't keep up with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Daniel said he wants he wanted to give back program, but the give back program.
Speaker 4: So you've been hanging out? How many days you've been here in Vegas?
Speaker 6: I just got here yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you're staying.
Speaker 1: You're not staying for the game, right, nobody stays.
Speaker 4: For the game.
Speaker 5: Lay on leaving out maybe tomorrow or Sunday morning, ladies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got you. And uh now I've talked to guys over here. Some guys actually watched the Super Bowl who played, and other guys.
Speaker 4: Are like, I'm done with that. I don't care.
Speaker 1: You know, are you a guy that watches it or yeah, watch.
Speaker 6: It for sure? Normally I know a couple of guys that's that's sure playing.
Speaker 4: So oh, Trent Williams is one of your friends.
Speaker 6: That's my brother man.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it's time for him to bring another trophy back to East Texas. You know, Patrick Mahomes from from White House, Texas right to East Texas as well.
Speaker 6: So like you got to already just let's trink it.
Speaker 4: Let's trink it one here.
Speaker 3: And uh so obviously you're just giving your pick right there. You're taking the forty nine ers in the game. So at the end, I got to ask you about when you left the Vikings you you played you you must have the greatest man cave Adrian right with all the jerseys that you you were changing teams.
Speaker 1: I mean he played. He played for but seven teams.
Speaker 6: After the Vikings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, what was that like?
Speaker 6: It was awesome?
Speaker 5: You know, like for me, Like Larry Fitz is one of my boys, right and he was that guy that wanted to play for one organization and he did that.
Speaker 6: For me, I never wanted that.
Speaker 5: I wanted to see it what it felt like to sparence different organizations and get a field, you know. So going down to New Orleans that was awesome. I got to play with Drew Brees, you know, and Cam Jordan's like some incredible players you know down in Arizona, playing with Fits and you know those guys down there.
Speaker 6: It was Palmer like.
Speaker 5: It was some great some great you know people to be around in great organizations.
Speaker 4: What do you think about the NFL being here in Vegas now? Like had the Raiders been here years earlier, do you think you would have liked to play in this city?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 6: You know, the weather is always good. Unfortunately it's not this weekend, but yeah, Vegas is.
Speaker 4: A is a a beautiful yeah when they do have to covered now, I would think I have preached on my radio show that like the teams in Vegas have a tremendous home field man, because the guys that.
Speaker 3: Come in here going out having a good time, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I would think.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm like, it's hard to keep somebody in the when it's twenty four hours you.
Speaker 6: You know, you know, it's rough bight.
Speaker 5: So when the team first got down there, I was like, Oh, no, how that's going to be you know, but I guess it's like being in Miami or something, you know, the same type of feel. Just hopefully you don't got no gambling habit because this is not a place to be.
Speaker 3: Well, you'll be bankrupt if you do that, right, you won't. You won't last very long at all. As far as like the whole running back thing, like you were you know the last MVP, right is right, do you think, well, Christian McCaffrey didn't really come close this year, even though he had a great year for the forty nine. You think the way things are going, like, how many years is it going to be before somebody else who's are running back whins an MVP?
Speaker 5: You know, the way these quarterbacks are playing, it'll probably be another five six years. I think Christian McCaffrey, can you know he'll get one at some point, I think it'll be to a point where it's like undeniable, you know.
Speaker 6: But with the way these quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: Are playing, you know, they always shift towards a quarterback you know as well, So it's gonna be hard to beat these guys out.
Speaker 4: Is there one of your former teams that you pay the most attention to as far as how their season is going?
Speaker 5: Obviously Minnesota, But outside of that, I would say Detroit.
Speaker 6: Detroit in Washington.
Speaker 4: That was a fun season. You had the.
Speaker 5: Detroit in Washington just because of the love I received when I was down there, and it was just a cool, you know, good environment to be around and got some good relationships.
Speaker 3: So you play for the Lions, Like the Lions for years they never won anything, right, and then they this year getting to the NFC Championship game.
Speaker 4: What was that?
Speaker 3: As somebody that played there briefly, what was it like to watch that? Considering you knew when you play I'm sure when you play for the Lions, people told you about how terrible things have been with the team and the curse of Bobby Lane and all that other stuff.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, you know, it's a testament to the ownership, you know, she did a great job of bringing in the right people, you know, bringing in coach Campbell and you know him and uh you know him bringing in his team as well, and what they how they just kind of turn things around. But it was exciting to see to see them, you know, come from what people will say, the slums, you know, of the of the NFL world, and you know, get to that position where it was almost, you know, want to potentially be in.
Speaker 6: The super Bowl. You know, yeah, you know, so they were.
Speaker 5: I think they were a first down the way you know, you got fourth and fourth and two, you run a little four or five yard route and the ball goes right through your hands.
Speaker 6: You know that that could have that could have ended it for him.
Speaker 4: You mentioned you mentioned how you still obviously keep up with Minnesota or Boss is a huge Vikings fan. Uh. What do you think about Kirk Cousins and the price tag? If you had the check book, if that was your money, would you uh open it up to get Kirk back?
Speaker 5: I don't know, man, you know, it's hard to say, because Kirk, it's like what do you you know, Okay, who who you're going to bring in? You know, to replace him? That that would be the main thing. You know, he's consistent. But for me, my personal opinion, he hasn't really he hasn't really done it for me, you know, Like I think he has the ability to help the Bikers win a championship, but he has something has a click in his mental and mentality for him to become that, you know, that type of player that can be a Patrick mahonane, that can be a Tom Brady, you know, because he you see his.
Speaker 6: Numbers, and his numbers are awesome.
Speaker 5: You know, he's very efficient, he's but he's not taking it over the top.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: I'm tired of it, to be honest, all right.
Speaker 1: See that's a hot take right there from Adrian Peters.
Speaker 4: That's what we're talking about right there.
Speaker 6: And I love Kirk Cousin. Yeah, you know, I love you. But do you think player?
Speaker 3: Did you think, though, Adrian, that's certain guys. Some guys just can't in the big games. They just you played a long time when you played with guys that you know, some guys just couldn't hack it and they couldn't get it done in the big game.
Speaker 1: And other guys could, right.
Speaker 5: But you know, like I said, and I'm trying to encourage him as well. He has it in them. He just got to tap into it, you know. But you got some guys that just can't that they can't get over their hump or whatever it is mentally wise, that it doesn't allow.
Speaker 6: Them to be great when they need to be.
Speaker 1: And what do you think about a guy like you?
Speaker 3: Look at the forty nine ers in their quarterback mister irrelevant, and you were a top draft pick when you came out of Oklahoma, were starring college.
Speaker 1: He played well at Iowa State.
Speaker 3: But Brock Party, what do you think of the scouting process in the NFL? How many Brock Parties are out there that never get a chance because they weren't highly rated?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know Tom Brady was the same rate, right, Yeah, yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I'm sure there's a lot out there, you know.
Speaker 5: But you know, one thing you can't measure is someone's dedication, someone's you know, har work and their mentality and what they're going to put into that situation that they are presented with. Yeah, you know, that's the one thing you can't test, you know. And I've seen great athletes at the quarterback position and other positions, other positions that were you know, first rounders, second rounder, but they kind of, you know, kind of wheeled it down and went away because they didn't have that that that mentality or that that were ethic to be great and to reach the full potential.
Speaker 4: I hear now yesterday and Ben is a huge Lakers fan. No not. I like the clip. Yeah, the Clippers to hold it against them, but I'm a huge Kobe fan.
Speaker 6: Tobe.
Speaker 4: Okay, you saw the unveiling of his statue yesterday. You get to see that he does. It's the one finger pose when he walked off the court after scoring eighty one points. If the Vikings came to you and said, we're gonna we're gonna put your statue in front of our stadium, what what pose do you think you would choose for yourself? Uh?
Speaker 6: Most likely to be.
Speaker 5: The high step, you know, Like, yeah, sure, I think it was pretty cool.
Speaker 6: Me pouring up too. That's that's like my testing. That was Yeah, that's right, give them praise, all right?
Speaker 1: That was that was your move back in the day.
Speaker 3: What about the analytics stuff, Adrian, because I this drives me nuts, like the Lions, like you gotta go for it on fourth down, don't kick the field goal?
Speaker 4: To me?
Speaker 3: If they'd made the field goal early in the second half of the game against the forty nine ers, they I think they had a much better chance of winning the game.
Speaker 1: As a former player, where are you at?
Speaker 3: Because this is like every team's doing it just about now, where like the the nerds have come in and they've taken over, Like, so what's your position on that one?
Speaker 6: So the guy kicked the field goal on miss right, he missed one.
Speaker 3: You know, they went forward on fourth down the Lions in the game in the second half twice in situations they could have kicked the field goal in the second half.
Speaker 5: But you watch the Lions all year, that's what they've been doing. Yeah, you know, and everybody's right right, you know, but when it's it happens and you don't make it, the Zubos like you should just kick the field goal, like you've been watching them. They've been doing it all year, they've been successful doing it. My thing is, you know, it's a ritz. But then again, you know, like they were going all out, you know, like I mentioned that one play it was fourth and two. They were about fourteen and the guy, if the guy does his job, etches the ball. It wasn't a deep ball like a five yard route. The ball literally went right through his hands. That's right, you catch that? That changes that little.
Speaker 4: Different game different.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: What I've noticed though, is like in baseball, everyone's doing analytics like that.
Speaker 4: I'm a Dodger.
Speaker 3: I like the Dodgers, and they do it, and they make the playoffs every year, and then it doesn't seem to work most of the time in the playoffs. Like it's it's like a different animal in the playoffs. Like the numbers. It's like the stats tell you what has happened, now, what's going to happen.
Speaker 5: Right, But then you got to think about it too, and I get in the playoffs it's I don't care.
Speaker 6: No one says. It's just a different.
Speaker 5: Ball game when you're out there in the playoffs because it's like either we're winning and we're going to advanced or we're going home. So you know, you just get different energy in different infort out of players when they're out there. But when it comes to those that decision making, you know, I think if he converts it on this say, he converts, he does his job and catch the ball, he converts, Oh my god, you know, this guy can'tbell just guts to you know, really put the nail in the calf and against you know, for you.
Speaker 6: And it would have been a different storyline, you know.
Speaker 5: So I know how that goes to when it doesn't work out, when it does work out, how the narrative has changed.
Speaker 4: What runner in the NFL right now? Do you really appreciate watching who impresses you Christian mccaf McCaffrey, okay.
Speaker 5: Just you know with everything he does in the past game as well. But the one thing I respect about him the most is he hit stole with force. Yeah, he's not tiptoeing through that hole. He is hitting that hole.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: He makes his decision and boom. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So anybody run the ball like that, I got nothing. I have nothing but respect for him and that other kid on his side on Kansas City side.
Speaker 6: What's his name, Checko pu.
Speaker 4: Checko Isaiah Pocheck. He was a late draft pick too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, he runs like he's on a mission as well.
Speaker 3: So you know, now, how with players being paid in college now legal, it's like allowed, Like you played at Oklahoma back in the day, how much you think you would make if you were playing college football right now?
Speaker 6: Man, Honestly, I would have made about four or five million.
Speaker 4: Dollars what you have over nineteen hundred yards this season.
Speaker 5: Actually, when I came out of high school, like from my junior year to my senior year, I was number one player in the country, so I would have.
Speaker 4: Been rolling in that would that would have instantly been five million dollars in nil.
Speaker 5: And then after that that uh freshman year, I would have come back to a drawing board.
Speaker 6: We need negotiate.
Speaker 1: You could have entered the portal. Right, those guys transfer portal, Adrian. They're bouncing all over them. I can't even keep track of college football. These guys play for a year, they get more money somewhere else.
Speaker 4: It's insane.
Speaker 6: That's the only thing I don't like about it. Yeah, that guys are bouncing on.
Speaker 4: Too much movement and too much What did should do? Do you think? I don't like limits though.
Speaker 3: It's tough because you don't want to limit people, but then you don't want them changing schools every year because it's like guys, if they don't get playing time.
Speaker 4: They're like, I'm gone. You know, they don't get on a plane to.
Speaker 6: You showed me the money.
Speaker 5: I like it, though, you know, I feel like players should have been paid a long time ago, you know, because they these colleges, you know, like you know, they make so much money off the likeness of these these these kids.
Speaker 1: So the boosters never took care of Adrian and Oklahoma.
Speaker 5: They never took probably buy me a bite or something.
Speaker 6: I wasn't driving Range over Bentley or Port or anything like that. Yeah, I had to work.
Speaker 3: Listen, it's great having busted your chops. I remember you had a birthday party with a camel. Yeah, we talked, how does one get a camel?
Speaker 1: I want a camel?
Speaker 4: Well, how did that happen?
Speaker 6: You know, right outside of Houston.
Speaker 5: It was like someone had like a little form where they had.
Speaker 6: Camels and all types of stuff.
Speaker 4: So it was like rod Tidwell and I.
Speaker 6: Was able to get that.
Speaker 5: That was That was my thirtieth birthday. We turned up. It was when Jamie Fox came out and and all that.
Speaker 6: It was cool.
Speaker 3: All right again, thanks, so you're here on behalf of Nirvana, super Adrian.
Speaker 4: Thank you for hanging out with man. We'll try that water out sounds.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you gotta try it out, man. It's great for you know, muscle recovery. Like I said, you got the HMB in there that helps promote uh you know, lean muscle math and helping you know we cover faster.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, well you came right show. Look how rip both of us see fine tune radio athletes, audio athletes making.
Speaker 6: Me feel in.
Speaker 4: Man pleasure. One of the best running backs of all times. Right ad.
Speaker 1: With us the fifth Hour Live from Radio.
Speaker 4: Row in Lost Wages, Nevada. Man, I remember it was a rainy day in Oakland. Was when I was a season ticket holder for the Raiders in Oaktown and Adrian Peterson was in town. They must have given him the ball twenty two times, and every time he would get ten fifteen yard chunks. The Raiders could not stop them to save their lives. And I couldn't help but think someday Al Davis, maybe he was at the end of his life. I was like, please, ol go you love fast dudes, go sign him at least for a season at the end of his I would have loved to see him in silver and black.
Speaker 1: Well, I remember eight.
Speaker 4: I mean he was good.
Speaker 3: It was great at the Hall of Famer in the NFL, but at Oklahoma, Man, that like he's one of those guys.
Speaker 4: They said he could have.
Speaker 3: Played in the NFL when he was like nineteen or twenty, like he didn't. If he didn't have to wait, he could have gone right to the NFL. And of course, you know, who knows if that's reality.
Speaker 4: And I'm glad you brought up that nil because he probably would have made more money in school than he did his rookie contract.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, for sure at that time because the oh, I don't know's limited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they didn't have the cap on the rookies of the time, but they he probably would have made so much as the number one player coming out of high school, for sure. And then his college career was so amazing. He would have made a shit ton of money in college. Yeah, But they don't have that for radio. You know, we were proud of we started right. We both got into radio business. We were teenagers and we got into radio. Imagine like a lighting war. Like for Ben Gasbag, You're ranked fourteenth in the country.
Speaker 3: Coming out of The only thing I got was a The radio TV critic at the Times called me a rising star. I got no money. I didn't get any extra money for it, and he was obviously wrong. It was rose to my highest level of mediocre.
Speaker 4: I got to write up in the high school newspaper, did you Yeah, that's great. Yeah. And then the funny thing.
Speaker 3: The guy, this guy, Larry Stewart was the radio TV critic for the time at that time before the internet.
Speaker 1: Because I'm old, that was like a big deal. That was a big deal, and.
Speaker 3: So he didn't really write about us very much, but he praised me. And then like the next time he wrote about me, he called me Ben Waller. He misspelled my name, and so that kind of became a bit on the show.
Speaker 4: That's right, which one he liked better? Waller of Miller?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's the of course, the company web you Bill Miller, exactly exactly. All right, well, we're put the wrap on you. We want to promote you got Covino and Rich Who knows when this is going to go up?
Speaker 4: I have knowing, I know, Well, I'm going to do my very best to get this podcast out to the world.
Speaker 3: Okay, to the masses, right to the great unwashed, the hoy pull up yes, and then tune into FSR on the app or one of your local affilaments.
Speaker 4: Follow us, you gotta follow us. Follow this boss.
Speaker 1: Is yelling us. If you don't follow us, you got Mar's gonna kick my ass.
Speaker 4: Scott's gonna kick me. You gotta follow these podcasts nowadays. And then Yeah, This Afternoon Live with Covino and Rich from two to four pm on the West Side. That's five to seven pm in New York City. That's right.
Speaker 3: And don't forget last weekend of my TV show, Benny Versus the Penny. Check that out if you get it. Just have a wonderful day. We'll have fresh content all weekend here from Radio Row in Vegas. You never know who's gonna pop up. But have a wonderful, glorious rest of your Friday and we'll catch you tomorrow later.
Speaker 4: Skater gotta murder. I gotta go