Speaker 1: From Hollywood.
Speaker 2: See you, thank you for listening to us.
Speaker 1: Ryan Air on Air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: So, Pannahama City. Hey, Serena, how are you?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 4: I'm doing good.
Speaker 5: How are you good?
Speaker 3: So explain to us what's going on in your concern and how we can help.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 6: I saw my cousin at the grove. I was with my friends. We were hanging out, and we saw that he was holding hands with another guy, and none of us had any idea that he was gay, Okay, But when he saw us, though, he quickly let go the guy's hand and he said Hi. But he obviously looks so uncomfortable, and he made no effort to introduce us to him. So my question is, can I let him know that we saw and tell him that we support him one hundred percent? Or should I just pretend I never saw it and just let him come out in his own time when he's.
Speaker 2: Comfortable he knows you saw him, right.
Speaker 5: I.
Speaker 6: I don't think she knows that we saw him. We didn't tell him, right, Okay?
Speaker 3: Well, Serena, I mean this is you know your cousin better than any of us here.
Speaker 2: And so if it were me and I.
Speaker 3: Saw him, I probably wouldn't say something because there's a reason why he hasn't said anything to me yet, right, And so that's that's really what I would do in that situation if it were me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Or you can just tell him that you saw him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I don't want to lie to him, and you know, like I don't want to just like hide the fact that I saw him holding hands with another guy. I want him to know that I can.
Speaker 5: I'm here to.
Speaker 1: Support you exactly, So why not just talk to him?
Speaker 2: That's good too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, No, you're.
Speaker 1: Right, and if he denies it, maybe that just means that he's not ready, and then just respect that as well.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so well, thank you for reaching out to a Serena. You have a great day, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 8: Okay, So I realized that my alarm clock is so jarring, and I I realized if other people wake up with such pleasantries, and so.
Speaker 1: I wait, like a physical alarm clock, like one that sits on your nightstand.
Speaker 9: No, my phone, my iPhone is my.
Speaker 1: Realize there's different tones.
Speaker 3: You can you can put the chimes on, you can put spa music on, you know, a bunch of different stuff.
Speaker 8: But here's the the cape. No, no, no, I do want to use my phone, but I want it to wake me up, so I'm nervous. I don't want to have like a like a nice little soft thing.
Speaker 3: My volumes down. I don't know something's wrong with my volume sometimes and I barely hear.
Speaker 2: I have chimes, yeah, and.
Speaker 9: I don't think the chimes would would do it to me.
Speaker 1: It will, trust me. I thought the same thing. I thought I had to have like a siren to wake me up.
Speaker 9: Do you want to hear? Do you want to hear?
Speaker 5: What it is?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 9: I'll play it for you.
Speaker 3: My phone also is jarring, like if the phone rings in the house, it's jar ring beside the ben.
Speaker 1: Well, what do you have for your phone?
Speaker 2: It's a ring, but it's just.
Speaker 1: Like the old school sounding ring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a handheld ring. I know that's that sound, Tony, I've fallen asleep. Oh gosh, no, yeah, that's the generic one.
Speaker 1: Oh that's painful. That Actually, that's a bad mood every day.
Speaker 8: That's why I don't snooze, though, I believe that, because that's why I don't snooze, because I just want to turn it off.
Speaker 9: So is mine.
Speaker 3: But I think it shocks you too much like I feel the cortisol in my body.
Speaker 2: Right, yep, I have that one.
Speaker 1: I make him like Cinderella.
Speaker 3: But I still when it goes off, I go, oh, yeah, Tony, we'll get into your phone and we can. You can also put songs. Why don't you put a song like a hook?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Jack Carlow, Yeah, I need.
Speaker 2: Some spicy margarita, get them.
Speaker 8: I need something because this is not working for me.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this.
Speaker 3: Once your alarm goes off, how quickly do you hit off and then you get up right away?
Speaker 2: Do you sort of lay there?
Speaker 9: I get up right away.
Speaker 2: And Robbie just leaps through that.
Speaker 8: I think it probably wakes him up, though, I mean he doesn't sure the neighbors are going to wake up without alarm.
Speaker 2: He doesn't move when that jarring sound goes on.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 8: Well, sometimes like this morning, he was like, good morning, Oh yeah, is.
Speaker 2: His any players again?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, I get it.
Speaker 3: Oh it's Maria carry all I want for Christmas. It's the beginning. Oh right right there, that's like the song intro. Well, I thought we're not supposed to use our phones while we're on this topic, we're not supposed to use our phones to wake up. We're supposed get an actual alarm clock because the phone extra ben's.
Speaker 2: Bad for you.
Speaker 9: I know, yes, you know what.
Speaker 3: I did figure out a couple weeks ago. I did, actually, even though I didn't have it this morning. I did figure out with one of the coffee machines that I've got, how to pre program it the night before, so it makes coffee in the morning and it's ready. It's not as good, but it makes the pot. Is there with coffee in it?
Speaker 1: You told us?
Speaker 3: Because the beans. I like to gorind the beans so the beans have that fresh flavor. Yeah, but it takes so much time.
Speaker 1: And now you're not even drinking the coffee.
Speaker 3: This is literally you got to go back. I'll go back to it next time. I think I've actually done this too. Where whoever I'm following, I'd scroll and I don't mean a heart, but I press too hard or I tapped the wrong way or something like.
Speaker 2: Is that how it works?
Speaker 1: In my case, it was in a DM and it was a story or something, and I was like watching stories and it was my neighbor's story and I meant to just like do the hearts where it just like does like little hearts that come up on the story and for whatever reason, it sent a DM heart like a fool on emoji heart in like a DM.
Speaker 2: And what message is that sending to that DM? It was my.
Speaker 1: Neighbor across the street who was married. Like It's like, oh my god. And so then I felt like I'm like I need to write like a whole thing. I was like, oh yeah, like we went there with the family and it's awesome, Like I just oh, it felt awful.
Speaker 3: So the thing I have in a roufine, I have like the issue with texts. Right, I'll be doing something fast and I have Mom in my text. Now have other people's moms in my text? Okay, it's all right there, mom.
Speaker 9: And if you have other people's moms in your phone, as mom.
Speaker 3: I brought mom, and then the name of the person mom, and then the name of the person.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: I mean over time, you liked a lot of moms.
Speaker 1: Why don't you put like time, I don't know, why don't you put they're names, not mom, because at the time I was working fast, you know, to put them in my context anyway, But I'll make mistakes like that.
Speaker 3: So Ruby, who did you accidentally heart on Instagram.
Speaker 10: So my phone was apparently still open on the Instagram app, and it wasn't just liking the photo. It was dropping like a red heart emoji in the comments, and it was for the Valentine in the Morning Show. They posted some like dance or something, and so I didn't even realize I left the comment. I only realized it until after they liked it, and I looked and I was like what comment. I looked and then there was a red heart emoji and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: So did you not like what you were seeing?
Speaker 10: It just wasn't intentional, so it was it was kind of like a random thing to drop a heart on, and so I just felt so.
Speaker 2: Going on over there, maybe is coming out like.
Speaker 8: The laughing emoji would have been more appropriate because it was like a funny day exactly.
Speaker 2: But then they liked your like back your heart?
Speaker 1: Was it the show's Instagram? Was it Valentine's Instagram?
Speaker 10: I think it was like a joint when they collab.
Speaker 2: It was like a collapse.
Speaker 1: It still that means that it was like his Instagram. That's like so cringey.
Speaker 9: Loving it right, And then it was a red heart. I use blue hearts. So that's why I was like, Wow, this is how.
Speaker 2: You do was like love.
Speaker 3: It's just like it's too much in that red heart accidental red heart moment of panning.
Speaker 2: Then what you do, Well, you can't delete it.
Speaker 9: They already liked it.
Speaker 2: So if this is saying that it was a mistake.
Speaker 9: I just took the l Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Tany has that ever happened to you?
Speaker 8: Worst things have happened to me, Like I have sent I've sent you know how, Like let's say h Sysney's story and well, I don't want to use this as an example. Let's say somebody does something that's like cringey or whatever, and you send that story to somebody else and you're like, oh no, and then you end up accidentally responding to theirs that happens.
Speaker 3: So you're saying this is cringe, but you sent it not to the other person.
Speaker 2: They see you say it's cringe. Correct.
Speaker 8: It usually happens to people that are like not my friends, like it happens.
Speaker 9: I'm like celebrities. I usually will send or whatever, but yeah.
Speaker 2: What celebrities are cringing you?
Speaker 8: I can't think of the top of my head. It's like I do it all the time. But like, yeah, oh.
Speaker 3: Well, it's an honest mistake, Ruby, but be very careful when you're liking everybody else technology.
Speaker 10: I guess it could have been worse, like it could have been like if it i'ms down emoji or something that's true, that would.
Speaker 9: Have been so bad.
Speaker 3: We have an Instagram you could check out, and we also have a podcast. Oh my gosh, you don't have to go, you know, across the street. It's down the hall, I know, but figure of speech across the street. You know, sometimes morning hacks come out of the blue. But I think you appreciate this one. And then the quote of the day, plastic wrap. I have a drawer with wax paper for pounding of meat. I have a drawer pounding my chicken. When I pound my chicken, flap, Yeah, I take the cleaver. So Tanya look at me confused.
Speaker 1: No, it's nice.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm not a paper chef.
Speaker 2: I don't know wax paper over the you know his pound it thin.
Speaker 1: Make it thin. You can make it like a million.
Speaker 2: I love. If I'm gonna have chicken, I want it thin, paper thin.
Speaker 9: Yes, I wonder how they make it like that?
Speaker 2: You pound it okay.
Speaker 3: So anyway, the drawer has all that in it, lemon and foil, plastic wrap, bagg ease.
Speaker 1: Yeah that.
Speaker 3: So they say plastic wrap can be very annoying. You know, it sticks to itself and frustrates you the way it comes off the roll.
Speaker 2: I can never get it right.
Speaker 1: You gotta get the right brand, because that's the cheap brands never work.
Speaker 3: So here's the hack. They say, keep it in the freezer. The cold air makes it much easier to handle, less clinging, So put your plastic wrap in the freezer today.
Speaker 8: Funny, who's gonna put their plastic wrap in the freeze?
Speaker 9: I'll try it.
Speaker 2: FM headlines with siciny Well.
Speaker 1: US swimming star Katie Ledecki won her eighth Olympic gold medal in the fifteen hundred meter freestyle. The star studied US men's basketball team cruised to win as well, and the US women's soccer team beat Australia two to one, advancing now to play Japan in the quarterfinals. The president of the University of California announced that he would step down after five years of leading one of the nation's largest public university systems. Hundreds of Taco Bell locations in the US will use artificial intelligence and drive through lanes by the end of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: On air with the Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 3: Alice is on the line inside. Good morning, Alice, So you're calling you got fired?
Speaker 4: I got fired?
Speaker 11: Oh no, I just I made I made a mistaken.
Speaker 4: But it's gonna be okay.
Speaker 5: What kind of job were you doing again?
Speaker 4: I worked at a a mental health facility of psychologists, but therapists worked there, and I was a receptionist.
Speaker 2: What happened to Well, I don't want to know. It's okay. You're gonna You're gonna bounce back and be great when we're here for you every day.
Speaker 1: When one door closes, another one opens, learning experiences all that.
Speaker 4: That's why I love you guys. You guys are so positive and that's what I need. And every time I wake up in the morning, you guys are positive and you're laughing. And I woke up this morning and I needed that and you were there for me. And then I called you to tell you I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so nice.
Speaker 3: Well, look, we know that with every day, every show, every hour that this thing is on the air, somebody's going through something, right, and whether it's a breakup of divorce, a heartbreak, a firing, this is life and maybe it's all for the greater good and the better plan in the future.
Speaker 2: The universe has spoken, you know, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: And I'm looking forward to the future and I'm not looking backwards. I'm looking forward.
Speaker 3: Let's think this was for the best. Let's look through that lens. And good luck to you on this next chapter of your journey, Alice.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it you go through those best.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to us.
Speaker 4: Thank you have a good one.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I mean it is true, like you know, when you're going through something stressful or something difficult in you and then you see someone that you are used to seeing, or you tap into your routine and your routine is still there. It's like this steady it eases the pain a little bit, or it can ease the pain a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's grab Sam. Hello Sam, Hi.
Speaker 3: Yes, So let's see if we can help out and find out what's going on. Your manager blocked everybody on your team from seeing your Instagram stories.
Speaker 12: No, so my manager blocked everyone from seeing their Instagram story. So like we can't basically blocked everyone so we can't see their story at all, and we cannot see.
Speaker 3: You a manager story exactly.
Speaker 12: I can't see my manager's stories. I don't know. And what happened is my manager has been so flaky lately, so calling out sick, not showing up, saying they'll be there and then never coming. So one of the new members of our team wasn't blocking Instagram. We found out what's going on with our manager. Our manager is vacationing, partying, staying late, and those happen to be the days she'll call out sick the next day. So my team's like at a loss. We don't know what to do because it's affecting all of our work and now we know why, but we don't know how to handle it.
Speaker 3: Or well, why does the new hire have access to your manager's stories?
Speaker 12: She must not have blocked them because they weren't on our team when she went up through.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's how you know what's happening. Okay, now it's all adding up. Well, who's the leader of the team.
Speaker 12: As far as I mean, like, the manager is the main one in charge. We of course have a boss over everyone, but the manager's in charge of us, so.
Speaker 3: Right, but there's got to be a leader of the team that's underneath the manager. Because here's my thinking. My thinking is if it's affecting the team's work, and ultimately that's what a team is on a team for to be productive, it's going to affect the manager's productivity and they're reputation at work too. So I wouldn't address what your manager is doing outside of work. I'd address what your manager is not getting done with the team inside of work, because it's holding everybody back. And that's just a results oriented conversation. It's not personal, it's professional.
Speaker 12: Yeah, right, So you think we should go to the manager directly and just talk work only, noting up.
Speaker 3: You just say, like the ball is being dropped. Here's what we're missing. We're not getting answers, things aren't moving along. This is a problem like just affecting all of us as a team. We want to be results oriented, solutions oriented, but we got to be productive and we've got to get things done. And for some reason, it's not let them manager, you have a chance to apologize or or you know, fess up to what's going on. But the results at work or a product of whatever's happening. You still need to talk about your manager doing what they're doing. It's like what they're not doing at work? Do you see what I'm saying?
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, what do you think?
Speaker 1: I think so true. I think you go to the professional round because then it seems less gossipy and you're you know, you're not getting involved in the personal life, you're just going straight.
Speaker 2: Professional and the new hires watching it all.
Speaker 9: I kind of like that.
Speaker 12: They've screen recorded it, so we've all.
Speaker 1: Now it's getting messy, so dark.
Speaker 3: I think I would address the issues at work which are the product of what you've seen in the video.
Speaker 2: Thanks Sam for calling.
Speaker 12: Thank you. Okay, well, definitely sure. We will definitely go about doing that way because you didn't really want to go over anyone's head, you know, so we didn't know how to handle it the team.
Speaker 2: I got it. I appreciate you reaching out just to chat with us about it. It's very nice. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 12: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: Right, it's one o two point seven kiss FM. I want to get to Ryan's roses right now. Dear Ryan and Sisiny. My husband has a super unique leather Lakers jacket. I've never seen it anywhere on anyone else. It is a one of a kind jacket. I was driving down Imperial Highway and saw him coming out of a motel. I could not stop, so I called him on his cell phone. It was straight to voicemail. I then confronted him. He said it wasn't him. She says, I know it was him. Actually, have a picture of the jagged let me bring in Rachel. Rachel, thanks for coming on, just to know a little bit about this jacket. Where did it come from? Why is it so unique?
Speaker 2: I see it. I'm looking at a photo of it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so he got it at like some sort of thrift shop, like a long time ago. So there's there's no one else who has this one.
Speaker 2: And what were you doing in the area where you saw him?
Speaker 13: So I had just been running some errands, but I was driving down Imperial Highway and I was at like Imperial Highway and Pioneer in Norwalk, Okay. And but when you're sitting at the light there, you can see the motel six And that's when I absolutely saw him walk out of one of those rooms. And like I couldn't stop because there was traffic obviously, and like whatever, and he insists it's not him, but like you're looking at that jacket, there is no one else who has a jacket like that. I know what my husband looks like.
Speaker 3: All right, So if we put she and two together, you think he was in a motel room with another woman and is denying it.
Speaker 13: Well, yes, because there's more. So that night I did go through his phone and I found some texts with someone named Carly. Okay, and it's just like some hearts back and forth and the occasional like thinking about you. But I started wondering if maybe it's some sort of like code. So when she gets a heart, she knows to go to the motel. He doesn't know that I've been in this phone, and I have no idea who Carly is.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, we are going to Rachel and Santa Fe Springs. How long you been married.
Speaker 13: We've been married five years.
Speaker 3: I need you to say, Ryan, you my permission to call, and then your husband's name on Kiss FM.
Speaker 13: Go ahead, Ryan, you have my permission to call on Kiss FM.
Speaker 2: We're going to do that.
Speaker 3: Now, be very quiet until we find out who he sends the roses to and why.
Speaker 2: Good luck, Rachel, thank you? Hello, Hi, can I speak to Josh please.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, this is Josh.
Speaker 1: Hi Josh, my name is Emily. I'm calling from Santa Fe Springs Flowers. How are you doing this morning? I'm fine, I'm good. Thank you for asking. Actually, we're doing a promotion offering local residents a free dozen red roses that you can send to anybody that you'd like today. They are free. Just trying to promote our business, and we just asked that if you like the arrangements, you refer to friends and family or come back as a returning customer one day. But I don't need any cash from you or anything like that, just the name of the person you want to send the flowers to and a note. Is that something you'd be interested in?
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't really understand. I get free roses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a dozen red roses and we do this promotion about once a month. Today you've been selected, so we just need the name of the person you want to send them to in a note.
Speaker 5: Okay, but why did my number come up?
Speaker 1: You may purchase something online in the past eighteen months and selected to receive promotional offers from local vendors. That's how we get our database.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, yeah, whatever, that's cool, sounds good.
Speaker 1: Great. Who would you like to send roses to?
Speaker 5: I would like to send them to my wife Rachel.
Speaker 1: Right, and what would you like to put on the Card's.
Speaker 5: Just say I love you so much and I know you're going to be the best mom ever.
Speaker 3: Okay, Josh, your voice would be broadcast on the radio. Congratulations, we have your wife Rachel on the line.
Speaker 2: Are you expecting, Rachel.
Speaker 13: Yes, this is going to be our first child.
Speaker 2: That's great. Well here we are, Josh. Good news.
Speaker 3: Congratulations. Just stay on the phone with this. Your voice is being broadcast. Rachel reached out to us because she was concerned. She thinks she spotted you coming out of a motel with another woman. When I say the name Carly, what do you think about.
Speaker 5: Carly? Like, I mean, I have a friend named Carly, But that's what do I think about? Like? Why I don't I don't understand.
Speaker 3: She believes that you are cheating on her with Carly. You were at the motel. She's seen text messages. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Josh?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 5: No? No, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: What's going on with Carly?
Speaker 5: Look? This is it about Carl? Okay? Carly is Todd's wife.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, why were you in a motel with her?
Speaker 5: I wasn't in the motel. Okay, that wasn't me.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you have a Laker's jacket? It's all kinds of patchwork on it. And do you have a thigh that's tattooed?
Speaker 5: Yes, I got it Ultra. Yeah, I mean that's me. But that wasn't me at the motel.
Speaker 2: I'm just looking a picture of you.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe he wasn't drinking the mankel of Ultra coming out of the motown.
Speaker 3: Well, I just gonna make sure I'm talking about the same gun. I got a photo that Rachel sent to me of him in the jacket, and he's got it's a very unique. I've never seen a Laker jacket like that. I mean it's a hodgepodge of different things on the jacket.
Speaker 2: So, Rachel, what do you think? I mean?
Speaker 3: Ray, you you told me, Rachel, no one else has that jacket. You're sure it was him, but he denies it.
Speaker 13: Well, I'm just I'm starting to get a little confused because if Carly is Todd's wife, like he said, I know who Todd is.
Speaker 14: Okay, yeah, okay, so what do you We're out a lot.
Speaker 3: What do you make of it? Do you think he's lying to you? Do you think it was him at the motel? Do you think he's with Todd's wife? What do you think?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 13: I guess just Josh, why are you texting Carly? Like? I just explain that?
Speaker 5: So I text Carly every year because she's Tod's wife. Todd's my friend who passed away, and every year on his birthday and on the anniversary he dies, and on their wedding anniversary. Any day that I know that she's struggling, I check in.
Speaker 1: How come you don't communicate this to your wife so that she's aware that you do this?
Speaker 5: What? How am I the one who left to commune? This should be obvious. I'm just checking in with one of my best friends is widow. And I don't understand why you would assume that I would.
Speaker 3: Josh, you, Josh, were you at this motel on Impire Highway?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 5: I was not on the hotel and a pel highway. So jacket is amazing people have that.
Speaker 2: So Rachel, is it possible that someone else has the jacket?
Speaker 15: But look, I said, Rachel, I said, you you're you're looking at my baby.
Speaker 5: I love you so much.
Speaker 15: I literally just check in with Carly because I know how big of a loss losing Todd was. And and that jacket, you guys call it gross. It's an amazing jacket.
Speaker 5: People have that.
Speaker 2: No gros, No, it's got luck going on. Who said gross? Nobody said that.
Speaker 1: Well, he's a hodgepodget design.
Speaker 2: Well, hodgepodge. It's got a bunch of different.
Speaker 9: Patchwork on, like patch podge, mosaic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mosaic patches.
Speaker 3: Anyway, listen, Rachel, Josh were we are not going to go further here, Rachel, We've done everything we can. I I don't know, Josh, I don't know Todd's widow situation. We're gonna let it go at that. I mean, you've gotten a lot of raw feedback here, and we wish you the best of luck. I honestly, I don't know what to think. Here's the short Rachel and her husband Josh. She thinks she saw him come out of a motel. He says it wasn't me. I know it was the jacket that I have, but it wasn't me. And then he's texting this woman named Carly, who's Todd's wife. Well, Todd passed away. He texts Carly on birthday and anniversary to check in with her. All sounds legit and good to me, and we didn't really take it much further than that. But after hearing it, do you, I mean, do you believe him or not?
Speaker 1: I don't believe him. I do you don't believe him? Initially he was stuttering a lot for me, which made me be like, Okay, you're lying, But I think that was just because we caught him off guard and he he was trying to just defend himself because he was like, what is happening right now? And I think it checks out. I think I do believe him.
Speaker 2: I believe him too. Alexis what do you think you heard it?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I believe him too. You know I when I was pregnant, even at the beginning of my pregnancy, I was very hormonal, so you know, she says, maybe just a little insecure and little.
Speaker 7: Worrysomes, but I believe him. And you know your body when you're pregnant, you're extremely like so, you know, conscious, and you don't think feels beautiful. So maybe that's what's going on. Maybe he should do something more romantic for her or take her out. You know something nice.
Speaker 1: It is true rain does crazy things on you when you're pregnant, and you even like dream about exes and stuff.
Speaker 3: All right, well, thank you Alexis for listening to that. I appreciate you calling in with your feedback. We're all on the same page on this one.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So are you somebody that every day, every evening, maybe in the morning, you don't sit on your couch. You just get down on your floor. I guess that's more common than we originally thought. This is something that's coming out of TikTok. It's called floor time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, TikTok is all about floor time right now, and it's the go to move for anybody who's feeling stress or if you're just feeling overwhelmed, maybe even sad. Think about like after a breakup.
Speaker 9: Yeah, for some reason.
Speaker 1: Remember like you watch movies and they're always on the ground, like listening to music or whatever. After a long day. Floor time. If you're in a bad mood, floor time Apparently it's like the ultimate grounding. So you know how like if you're trying to wake up every day and put your feet on the earth and actually be grounded with the earth. If you actually put your whole body and lay on the floor, it does something to you.
Speaker 3: Do you have to do it naked to connect with the earth or you can get dressed?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 1: What to each their own?
Speaker 3: That's what If you're down on like a natural material.
Speaker 1: If that's what makes you feel good.
Speaker 2: Why are you laying there? Well? So I don't mean for you to have to step over me right now.
Speaker 1: Taylor, of course, is somebody that brought this to our attention, lying on the cold, hard ground from I knew you were trouble. And for adults, it's apparently extra soothing because it brings and if it's similar to a more intentional practice that you do right after like a yoga class, where you're done with the class.
Speaker 9: And then you just lay there.
Speaker 2: Hey, can I ask you.
Speaker 3: A question about that moment? After I take my sporadic yoga classes. Am I the only one that keeps looking like opening their eyes to see when we can get up?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You're not. I do the same thing.
Speaker 2: I'm like, how long do.
Speaker 9: They tell you when you But.
Speaker 3: I often just sort of quickly open my eyes and get caught staring, you know, like, hey, it is it?
Speaker 2: Can we is it? Time, and there's people.
Speaker 14: That don't do that part. They just get up and leave early. Yeah, well they're more impatient than I am, and that's rare. I was just thinking about this, so I tried it this morning.
Speaker 9: Huh.
Speaker 3: It is interesting because it gives you a totally different perspective. You're looking at the ceiling. There's a there's a calming thing to it. The other thing that I don't know. If you don't sleep well, try this tonight, tomorrow, whatever this weekend. Instead of putting your at the headboard, put your head at the footboard. Sleep down there by your partner's feet. Let me know how that goes.
Speaker 9: I don't want to do that. I don't want to do that either.
Speaker 3: Why I have a buddy that does it, and he says it makes him sleep so much better. He showed me, he showed me how you do it. You basically you flip around and put your head down on the other side and it just changes your perspective and for some it makes them sleep better.
Speaker 8: But then I think your partner has just to flip flop too, because then you're taking the sheets and putting them over your head, so then it's probably not going to cover your partner's feet and vice versa.
Speaker 2: You can you can manage that.
Speaker 3: And also there's less bodied volume with feet than there is head and breathing, so it can be more comfortable if you don't like being breathed on.
Speaker 1: If I got slapped in the face by Michael's foot in the middle of the night, that would ruin my day.
Speaker 2: You see, aren't going to go sideways?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You mean because he kicks heat? Does he kick out?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or like you know, he does like the knee up and takes up. I swear he's in the middle of the bed sometimes.
Speaker 3: Okay, I sleep like your husband. It doesn't like a triangle.
Speaker 1: Knee yes, And then he hugs a pillow too.
Speaker 2: Me literally be sleeping twins.
Speaker 3: We lie so well together because did you think of the configuration?
Speaker 2: It's perfect?
Speaker 3: Good to go, all right, everybody's all just giddy over there in the back room.
Speaker 2: Have you heard? Have you heard? If you just got here, I don't know if you know.
Speaker 3: Uh, Marianna has come in saying and she came in early mark today.
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Why I have to throw under the bus. I thought it was early. Now is right on time?
Speaker 5: Almost late?
Speaker 3: Basically saying almost late. So you came in and you said you have a crush on a guy?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I was talking to the girls back here. I think I have a crush on someone.
Speaker 2: This what do you think? Or do you no?
Speaker 17: I think I do, I just don't want.
Speaker 2: To admit it.
Speaker 3: Well is this how do you even start with? Who's the guy? I guess that's the first question.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 17: So he's just a guy in the friend group, like my friend's boyfriend's friends, and he's always around.
Speaker 3: How long has he always been around for like a year or so? And have you ever thought about hanging out with him?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 17: I always thought he was cute, but it was like okay, Like I never really talked to him that much.
Speaker 2: So and so what changed? Why'd you talk to him all the sun?
Speaker 17: Because we already went out a couple of times, and this last time that we went out, he invited me to go to the gym with him, and I don't know if he like heard me, but I was like, oh, yeah, I'm gonna leave because I'm gonna go to the gym soon. And then later that he was after that, he was like, oh, are you going to go to the gym or did you go to the gym, Marty, and I was like, oh, I'm gonna leave right now, and he was like, we should just gym together.
Speaker 1: And I was like, okay, Jim a verb. Was this your first time hanging out together alone?
Speaker 17: No, we had already done that before, like hung out a couple of times. But it's always only after we hang out with the friend group. So he's like never like reached out aside from hanging out with the friend group. It's always after we hang out with the friend group.
Speaker 2: Here's what I need to understand.
Speaker 3: What makes the difference, What crosses the line, what opens the door to come the crush?
Speaker 2: What did he do to green light a crush?
Speaker 17: Well, he'll do certain things like the other day. I don't know if he really means to, like give me a kiss on the cheek, but it's not like his full lips on the cheek. He'll just do like the little you know, like you know, and then he'll say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah the side hello, yeah.
Speaker 17: But when he looked like a French hello yeah time hello exactly. But when he was saying bye to everybody else, I noticed that he didn't do that to everyone else.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, oh, so you don't know if it's romantic.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I'm not knowing if it's romantic, Like do you see me as a friend or do you also like me?
Speaker 9: Oh that's the worst.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think these signs indicate like but he doesn't know if you like him.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think you guys are both thinking you're in the friend zone when in reality you both just.
Speaker 2: Want to did you do the same workout?
Speaker 13: Do?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: Did you do the same workout? Yeah?
Speaker 17: He was like showing me how to do these little workouts. I'm like running out of breath. I'm like, all right, hold.
Speaker 1: On, okay, it's so cute. So it wasn't okay, here's here's how you know, because if you guys would have gone to the gym, he would have gone a separate way and like done his own thing.
Speaker 2: But the fact that he.
Speaker 1: Stayed with you the whole time was almost like his way of being cute and it's like kind of a date.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 8: You can't assume these things because you just can't assume that.
Speaker 17: I know, I'm scared of like just getting my hopes of I'm thinking that he all.
Speaker 2: Have the solution, what is it? There's a lot to carry the solution here. You know, there's a lot of pressure very much.
Speaker 1: I think, Yeah, I feel for you because I'm like, this better be right.
Speaker 3: It's a burden tab the solution here to carry that on these wells.
Speaker 1: So claiming go on with your solution.
Speaker 3: So didn't you just tell me that there's a friend of a boyfriend's friend friend friend. Aren't there enough people that you could go to to see if he's vibing on you, to find out sort of behind the scenes.
Speaker 9: It's actually good to do.
Speaker 17: Yeah, that's a good idea, but also I don't want everybody to.
Speaker 1: Find out I don't know the idea the right one, because they need to spread and then they can also like teasing them and it can be like a weird, annoying thing.
Speaker 2: I just said. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think a guy inviting you to the gym and then kiss you on the side of the cheek afterwards is a pretty good sign that like they're intersted, but you don't.
Speaker 17: Know for sure, Like what if you just see me as a friend?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, we got to take the leap of faith here at some point, either we got to go behind the scenes or we got to go out with him.
Speaker 2: Again, how'd you leave it?
Speaker 17: We just we didn't. He just said bye to me, and then he's like, drive safe. And then another thing is like he'll always text me out of his way to tell me to drive save when we.
Speaker 2: But he does out of the friend group.
Speaker 8: We got to keep it friend group for now because the next thing, you know, she's going to be ubering to a sushi date and he's going to order tea.
Speaker 2: Okay, does he like your posts on Instagram?
Speaker 17: No, he doesn't. That's another thing that I noticed, Like he'll like and he's always so supportive about friends and like likes. I see him in all of everybody else's likes, But what about me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's playing hard to get.
Speaker 3: I think he likes you. Let's see how this plays out. You tell us about what happens in the next week or so. But I think he likes you. I like that you like him.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's exciting.
Speaker 17: Yeah we love a little scary, but I'm excited.
Speaker 3: Tone, why are you not wanting her to have a crush? I feel the vibe. Don't use this energy?
Speaker 13: Little?
Speaker 1: Yeah, first of all, there's a little here. Yeah, there's a breeze coming.
Speaker 9: Cynicism I'm I want her to have a crush.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying, when you have a crush on someone and they friend zone you, it's a tough pill to swallow.
Speaker 9: So I just want her.
Speaker 3: It's also tough to not try to see if your crush has the crush on you. Yeah, how many hoods are inside that collar of your parka just one? The biggest collar I've ever seen. I can't even see you.
Speaker 1: Like twice the size of her head.
Speaker 3: Well, it is the world we live in, you are right, yea, And uh it has to do with impulse, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Instant gratification. Instant gratification exactly, the viral products that we see when we're scrolling TikTok or Instagram and they pop up on your feed and you're like, Wow, I really do need that thing for my cabinet, or I really do need that special water bottle. It's only twenty five dollars click purchase done. But all those little purchases, whether they're ten dollars, fifteen, twenty five, forty five, they all start adding up. And the damage that you're doing to your finances throughout the year is kind of wild. So they pulled some data gen Z spends almost eight hundred and fifty dollars a year on spur of the moment impulse buys, and it's even higher for millennials. We're at over one thousand. So are you guilty of this?
Speaker 3: Well, the thing is when you're in it, I mean they always say, and I should do this just in general and life. Don't make a knee jerk decision about anything. I'm going in the moment, kind of get it done, make a decision to move on. Yes, I can't tell you how many times I'm heated about something and then I realize literally four hours from then, I don't really care. Yeah, right, like I it's just time helps and heels. But the thing is that you got to just calculate and you don't think it's look at your credit card statement. You start looking at like you don't realize how or I don't realize, like the little charges at up.
Speaker 1: It's all the little charges. And then you can go into like it's the streaming services that we all have because they don't seem like a lot. It's like twelve meters, twelve dollars here, whatever, Yeah, parking meters two dollars there, and it all starts adding up. So these impulse by imagine saving like one thousand dollars or fifteen hundred bucks a year if you just didn't buy that stuff on.
Speaker 2: Instac last impulse buy tissany.
Speaker 1: Last impulse buy Actually this hydro flask.
Speaker 2: For your water. It's good. Ye how about you, Tanya.
Speaker 8: Mine was a hat organizer for the closet that's still sitting on my desk and has not been put up in the closet.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Mine was a chalkboard.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do with that chalkboard?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's great.
Speaker 3: So I it's like a little chalkboard you put on the counter and then you can write if anybody's coming for dinner, what's for dinner.
Speaker 2: So it's like a dinner party chalkboard. Oh my, So you put out there.
Speaker 3: Like that dinner menu. Yeah, for taco Tuesday, you would put chicken.
Speaker 1: That is that?
Speaker 8: That is very funny because I almost bought a mini whiteboard for the same reason. Not for the same reason, but to write Robbie's notes on in the morning. So I'm not wasting paper.
Speaker 2: For more charming Chalkboard's pretty cute. It's really cute.
Speaker 3: And they don't even come with chalk these days, to come with chalk marks.
Speaker 1: Chalk markers.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I might get that now.
Speaker 3: It's great to be very careful. I made a mistake. Make sure you look at the dimensions because the other thing I always get the wrong size. Yeah, like they all look quick, they all look human size. Then they come g I Joe size right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yes, chalkboards will throw you.
Speaker 1: So there's a few ways that you can maybe stop yourself from impulse buying. One, maybe wait a few days, see if you actually still need that product in two or three days. And then one thing I like to do, And this list is long for me. I have a wish list, so I'll be like save for later, and then I actually would go back to it and look through it, and I don't don't need any of that stuff that I've saved later.
Speaker 3: Also, don't impulse by after a glass of peano.
Speaker 1: Oh, drunk shopping no fun.
Speaker 2: It's not drunk. It's just like a glass something.
Speaker 3: They make a lot of sense. How many times have I solved problems after a glass of wine? Like you know what, how come is didn't dawn on me sooner?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And then and then you're like you brush your teeth, you getting ready to go to bed. You're like, that's dumb. I do not need I do not need that.
Speaker 3: That's a for us, guys. Thank you for listening. Great show, everybody, Thank you for being here this morning. Have a good one, but bye and bye time. Thank you Ryan, Yes, thank you, gratitude y, thank our coworkers.
Speaker 2: Love you guys, Kiss FM.
Speaker 3: Have a great Thursday, go on almost Friday.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to On Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe it and we'll talk to you again tomorrow.