Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or whatever you listen to your favorite shows. Welcome to We talk Back podcast, the production of iHeart Radio and the Black Effect Network Talk Talk Talk.
Speaker 2: We're just two unapologetically black women with an opinion who talks. Y'all really be living with these niggas and that's crazy to me?
Speaker 1: Bitch were starting the show? Why are you talking about me?
Speaker 2: Anyway? What's up?
Speaker 1: Y'all? Thank you for tuning in for a new episode and We Talk Back, a show dedicated to you by just will be shocking up in the niggas that don't is your co host? AJ Holiday two point Oh?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Ten?
Speaker 2: It's official team band. I love y'all once again. I love you too. AJ. How you doing. I'm doing well?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's sunny outside. I feel good. I feel like I'm you know, lucky again this week?
Speaker 2: How was your weekend? What'd you do? Nothing?
Speaker 1: Bitch went a boy? A band went by the bed because the bitch been sleeping on the mattress on the floor. Yes it's a good one though, costs a couple of dollars, but yeah, I got me a bed coming chat.
Speaker 2: Just growing up. That's good, growing out, y'all. I'm proud of you, y'all. I was supposed to go to DC this weekend for the Tequila Talk Live show, but man, I the ms was mssing this weekend and I just could not be bothered to get up and go nowhere. My body just was not with it. I was so upset because I bought tickets to the show, had my flight books and everything, and my body that shit is just you know, it do what it wants. So I didn't get to go. But shout out to Tequila Talk. He had a live show. It was on the sixteenth. I'm sure it was lit, and I will not miss the next one. And I know I said that last time, but I really did all the things to be there. I just couldn't make it happen. So I just stayed at home, and uh, I watched this movie Damsel on Netflix.
Speaker 3: Y'all.
Speaker 2: If y'all like movies, if y'all like sci fi movies, y'all gotta watch that Damsel.
Speaker 1: It's about a dragon, a bad bitch dragon. So oh, I want to see that. I want a dragon.
Speaker 2: It's of course you, of course you want to Drag Dracoda's bitchy'all be like Calisi on y'all host. So, yeah, I watched that movie. It was good and I just kind of chilled. Yeah, that's all got on the scale. I'm one hundred and eighty three pounds. Don't play with.
Speaker 3: Me, girl, Fuck you guy.
Speaker 1: I did take a laxative today, so I didn't lose two pounds right before this recording. Okay, let's get in the stupid Internet news.
Speaker 2: And happier news. Marriage race are up and divorce races are down. Dadda share by the a A Right dadda share by the CDC on Friday shows how the number of marriages grew from five point one per one thousand people in twenty twenty to six point two per one thousand people in twenty twenty two. The highest rate observes is twenty eighteen, and a four percent increase from the year before. Between two thousand and nine and twenty thirteen, the marriage rate stood at six point eight per one thousand people, according to the CDC, so people are getting married and staying married. More people got divorced.
Speaker 1: I think during COVID twenty twenty right twenty nineteen twenty twenty is when people realize I can't be with this motherfucker no more, because we were forced to sit the fuck down. So now a lot of people got divorced during that time. And then if you survived COVID with whomever, maybe your you know, a boyfriend, girlfriend, maybe those are the people who are getting married now. So everybody who wasn't supposed to be together have split, And then the economy has always been based on double occupancy. I don't know why people be out here trying to struggle by themselves.
Speaker 2: I be living with.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, I have only lived with a couple of men in my life. I have normally just always lived by myself.
Speaker 2: But I do not that in my life.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like I do not want to pay all my bills by myself when I was in college, and I don't want to pay fifty percent either, So there's that.
Speaker 2: When I was in college, I had a boyfriend. I had my own place and he had his own place, but we always kind of stayed at his place, so I kind of lived with him, but I kind of didn't because I still had my own shit.
Speaker 1: But one foot in, one foot out, yep.
Speaker 2: And then and then I live with one man in my entire life for like three years. I think of that, and that's the three of the hardest years of my life. Exactly all my life, I had to fight.
Speaker 1: Girl, trying to cohabitate with someone else is very fucking stressful. And I followed this bitch on Instagram. Her name is Elena something. She's a Russian lady, like I want to live that life, like I need I need need everything in my place, in perfect order, where it's supposed to be at like I'm trying to lie.
Speaker 2: I'd rather be jealous of those people. Are their lives really like that structured? Because how the fuck you do that? Like my it could be my house looks like in order, but until you open a drawer, open a closet, I look under the Oh, well, you can't get under my bed, but if you could have, it would have been shipped up under there. But that closet. Lord, have mercy. So we're happy to see that people are staying married, whether it be for money or love. We're happy to see y'all staying together.
Speaker 1: Poor people get married for love. Remember we said that, Okay.
Speaker 2: As long as they staying together, I'm happy for you. Drunk the broom, baby, whatever you gotta do, it's love. Let me tell you something. I've been obsessed with marriage lately. I've been picking out wedding songs. I've been picking out wedding colors. I ain't got the first man. That's manifestation, but like, yeah, so weird because I heard the song, like y'all, I literally saved it the other day and I put wedding song playlists and I had to like bust out laughing at my motherfucker stuff because I've.
Speaker 1: Had I have had vowels written for many years in my cell phone, and you know, like nowadays, like once you save some shit, it goes like I have my vowels.
Speaker 2: It's a song called first Time by Teaks. If y'all getting married, y'all need to put that in your wedding playlist. It is so beautiful. So yeah, that's on my playlist too.
Speaker 1: That's how you manifest though. You just start doing it. Things, start planning, shit, you trying to move, start packing.
Speaker 2: Listen, I got a really really hot date this weekend. I'm trying to make that my husband and I think put them in a little job. Ain't putting no more niggas in No more jars. The last thing I put in my jar ignored me the whole time we was in the club together. I'm not putting no more niggas in, no more jars for that shit. I just playing Saucy Santana and Gilbert Arenas. What happened girl?
Speaker 1: So Sacy is sharing a message for Saucy Santana has a message for Gilbert Arenas. After the formal NBA player praised the rappers twerking skills. Okay, he said he didn't know whether or not to throw money at Saucy or at Magda Stallion. I don't know how a heterosexual man could be confused by either one of those things, but okay, I'm here for it regardless. So here's how things initially popped off between Gilbert Arenas and Saucy Santana on March eighth and episode of Arenas's podcast with stream on YouTube. About an hour and eight minutes into the show, Arenas broadfellow former NBA player Nick Young as a guest. So apparently Nick Young and Saucy Santana are homeboys, okay, and Gilbert feels like he's not a raper, but he feels like Saucy Santana isn't a rapper, and how could this be your homeboy?
Speaker 2: This you know gay man. He was like, oh, hell, that's your dog. It's just how old is that nigga?
Speaker 1: Let's see old enough he gets on my goddamn nerves. Okay, Like, yeah, he would be afraid of gay men or just being seen with one. I don't know what the problem would be. You see that picture recently that fifty Cent posted with him young Buck and some.
Speaker 2: Trans woman. No, and fifty.
Speaker 1: Cent was like, now I know why that boy like young Buck was far away from fifty Cent in this woman. But you know Young Buck had been caught with a transsexual at some point, so you want to keep up being parents that you don't fuck with them. Meanwhile, right, meanwhile you dibbling, dabbling and skippity pappen with them niggas. Anyway, that could be what Gilbert Arenas is on.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It'd be those older millennials that like really be like low key homophobic, and I think it expawns from the culture of the nineties in the early two thousands where people were extremely homophobic, you know, especially in a hip hop and black community that was a huge thing. But I mean, you can be friends with someone who's gay. That's dumb, that's stupid.
Speaker 1: Right, And obviously Nick Young is comfortable in his own skin sexuality, and yeah, where he can have friends who prefer the same sex. And because the thing is is that even though a man is gay, gay men still have preference. You may not be his preference, right yo words, Okay, he may not even like you. But just because a man is gay, you automatically think he wants match.
Speaker 2: But Saustly was like, I do like you, I do. I will take you down, gilbrit Man, Yeah that was that was interesting. I didn't know Gilbert Arena's It's a lot of sports shows out now, how I didn't know he had a podcast. So everybody got a damn podcast. Shah everybody and they mama, well, I can't wait to see what unfolds with this, Saucy Gilbert. Good luck to you too whatever happens.
Speaker 1: So Golorrilla tweeted New Orleans really do got the best food in the whole wide world.
Speaker 2: I stamp it you and you too. You're on to stamp some shit, Golilla.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm from Charleston, South Carolina, and I feel like we got the best food, and it's very similar to a lot of the things that people eat normal.
Speaker 2: Even a dialect is kind of similar, right, I think. But I have similar cuisine for sure.
Speaker 1: Because it's a lot of good places to eat at in Charleston. But this may be an unpopular opinion as much as I see posts online about people talking shit about white people and how the food look unseasoned and all that. Sama y'all over seasoned food. You do not have to use everything in your cabinet to make food taste good. I lean towards using herbs and spices more and salt and larries. Okay, y'all put butter on everything.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something. The best food I ever had in my life was in Soul. Korea sold them. Korea's got sold okay, because that food was so good. It definitely had some black and fluids. I don't care what nobody said. That food was so good out there. Now, we do use a lot of season I remember I was like at my white girlfriend house and I was like, let me cook the chicken because I don't know what you're about to do. And I might have got over zealous with the Laris because I felt like I had something.
Speaker 1: To prove.
Speaker 2: And that shit was salty as fuck. I was like, my bad, not you ruined that lady chick. I didn't ruin her chicken because I just had something to prove as a black person that we used season and I just went too crazy with it.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 1: I used missus Dash a lot. You know, it's salt free. It has like garlic, all these different herbs and stuff, and then I just added like a pinch of salt and pepper, you know, just depending on what I'm cooking.
Speaker 2: If I'm I don't eat chicken this.
Speaker 1: Shit, so I eat fish, a lot of fish. So I usually use kinda not the same seasoning because I don't want all my food to taste the same, right.
Speaker 2: But some of y'all put to I watched these.
Speaker 1: Videos on Instagram, and I'm like, they take a bowl and they put all this seasoning in the bowl and pour it on top. That is wild to me, because there's no way this shit tastes good, Like I want to taste some of this food.
Speaker 2: I got a theory. I think it is the season is that we use as black people that's given Black women fibroids.
Speaker 1: It's all the things because a lot of that stuff has MSG. And I don't know if y'all know or not, but that season accent, that's all that is. MSG is assault substitute. And I know in Charleston for sure, most black people are putting accent on everything. It's MSG, that's all it is. That long ass mono, whatever clos word, that's all it is. Yeah, our food is hereditary, hereditary, not the diseases, right, So shout out to New Orleans. I would agree that they probably have the second best cuisine in America. Okay, travel a little because I mean some are shit.
Speaker 2: Ain't touch another country. I like New Orleans food, but I also like Charleston too. I ain't gonna front.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've only been to New Orleans one time, and I don't recall having a good meal there. And it may have been the places I went to, you know. But we cook some of the same simular shit like rad rice, jambalaya, all that shit. We could just call it something different. Oftentimes weat a lot of crabs, blue crab, like I'm sick of the crab tasting like roger wood sausage.
Speaker 2: I don't like that shit. Who are I don't Yeah, I don't like, don't put no sausage in my bag because it just like everything tastes like sausage. And a lot of people don't know what roger Woods are, Like DM must if y'all know what a roger Wood sausage is, because then here and Charlotte I talk about roger Woods, they'd be like, what's that? How the fuck y'all don't know what a roger Wood is. Y'all ain't had a sausage until you had a roger Wood period.
Speaker 1: Girl, I think you used to bust in the microwave.
Speaker 2: Oh not bust's say, it's been a minute since I so so anything say everything sounds sexual sexual. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Growing up, if we didn't have roger Wood sausage, we ain't have.
Speaker 2: Nothing to eat. We at least have yeah period.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all, listen, we are we've ended cuffing season essentially, right. They say it ends uh begins in October sometime ends around Valentine's Day and we in tax season now. So is it a good time to start talking to your bay about finances? If you guys have made it, you've.
Speaker 2: Been getting at Roger Wood, you talking about money yet we're gonna talk about it when we come back.
Speaker 1: Before we get into the today's topic. Y'all. I saw a white girl. She was saying she was on a podcast, and she was talking about all the things she does for he husband. She was like, I rub his head, you know, she basically like caresses him like a baby to put him to bed and shit like that. And when he wakes up, she makes some coffee, she massages his back like all of those are like that might be his love language, like touch, touch. I don't see what the big deal was. Like women was in the comments like wow, anybody doing all that? But she may just be talking about it verbally. But it's natural, right when you love somebody, you rubbing them up. I rather rub a nigga back to sleep like a baby than they have to have sex every night. Nigga, I'm rubbing this skin off.
Speaker 2: Your rubber too. But it's a sensory thing for me because once I hit the weed, I'd be wanting something to touch. So nigga here get rubbed.
Speaker 1: Like y'all ain't touching y'all, man, what's what's.
Speaker 2: Run with y'all? Yeah, I'm rub feet and everything has It's.
Speaker 1: Not my thing. Okay, No, I like to rub feet, like with my feet, but like rub foot my hand.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm definitely giving my nigga fut message.
Speaker 1: I had that, not you trying to get that husband.
Speaker 2: I had that. It's all like a sensory thing for me though, So it's don't even be about them seriously.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all, how do we start talking about money and relationships? I mean, especially when you're about to maybe perhaps cohabitate. I don't think we're doing the traditional way of you know, being at your parents were old as fuck now, is what I'm saying, speaker.
Speaker 2: So I'm not right.
Speaker 1: I'm not at my parents' house about to move in with this man about to marry. We already passed that order of things, right, So when is when is it time or when is the appropriate time you think tam to discuss finances when dating someone?
Speaker 2: I mean, as a younger, we passed dating right as a girl. Shut up girl on the first day, let's talk about it. It's like I'm joking, but I mean that's how these young girls are. They talk about money right out the gate, like if you're not paying to play like they don't even want to talk to me. I don't think that's right. Y'all need to calm down with that, because y'all just gonna get somebody who only got money and nothing else, and that's about everything else, and that's low key broke. I know that sounds crazy to y'all, Like he got all the money, but if he ain't got nothing else, he still broke. Baby. I had to learn that shit the hard way. So I was in a beautiful place, miserable as fuck, with a nigga who just had money. So trust me, that's not all you want. But okay, when is the best time to start talking about finances? I don't know, I think see I feel like I know, like I don't exactly know what a nigga got, but I know if a nigga got some you know what I'm saying, Like I don't just be out here like I can't tell if he's poor or not. Right, So when we're discussing like joint finances is when we start talking about living together, When we start talking about moving in, I think that's when you start talking about like do you expect me to pay for shit? Like that's that's what and I think I would go into it like I don't want to pay. I don't want to pay for nothing. I'm gonna just tell you that, right, I don't want to pay for nothing, but I am willing to contribute in some type of way, Like I'll pay the cable bill, I'll pay the Wi Fi, I'll pay for my gas in my car, payment in my cell phone bill. So you don't want to pay for any living experience. I'll pay for groceries. I don't want to pay no rent. I don't want to pay no mortgage. I don't want to pay no leads. I don't want to pay none of that. No, I don't.
Speaker 1: Think I think the ideal like situation, right, we would love would be like the woman moving into a man's home. But we know oftentimes women owning homes more than men. So the man is moving in which I don't think any man should want to do that. You should probably try to have your own and have the woman moving with you. Right, You've already been fitting the bills in your space, so adding a woman in there, there's intrinsic value that women come with. Right, So like say, for instance, you're a business owner, like I may not pay like bills in the house, but somehow, because I'm here, existing and breathing and nourishing you, your business has now explanged tenfold. Yeah, this is what women bring should bring A good woman, right, should bring to the table to where you're not concerned about what she's actually paying for financially, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that may not be the case for everybody. Like some people are not going to you know, some people, men and women included, are getting into relationships to lighting a load on both of them.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: So if you do go, if.
Speaker 3: You do here, present the fuck.
Speaker 2: Whatever works. Okay, whatever works.
Speaker 1: But I think that I don't think I've ever sat down with a man, even when I was engaged about to get married. I think I was kind of like just being with somebody for a while, you kind of know what their financial situation is, you know what I'm saying. I had the good credit, this nigga old a bunch of taxes, like I kind of knew what the fuck going going on. Yeah, and then eventually like we're gonna figure this shit out. I'm gonna go get get us a business loan. All this shit, We're gonna pay that shit down, Like we were trying to work together in a way. But even even a situation like that can become like damn, why you don't got this shit to get together on.
Speaker 2: Your own without me?
Speaker 1: It could start to feel like that, like why are you depending on me to do this this thing that you should have been this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I had I was dating this guy and I liked him a lot, but and he was you know, he had money or whatever, he was doing well for himself, but he gambled. He had a very very bad gambling habit like that that year during the football season. I think he lost well over fifty thousand dollars gambling. And that was like a yeah, I ain't gone into this, Nancy.
Speaker 1: That's the type of things you need to find out when you ask about finances, because if somebody somebody, people can appear to have things together, but then when you actually get into the real action potatoes, you realize like, yeah, he might look like he got shit going on, but he's really in debt or he's living off credit, which is okay, right, But if you have some liquid cash somewhere.
Speaker 2: Right, something so okay, how would you approach it?
Speaker 1: Like I don't talking about finances politics religion. They're all like very touchy subjects, and especially.
Speaker 2: For men, men are very like they value their money the way we value our bodies. So it's kind of like, are you trying to take my virginity? That's how a nigga with his money.
Speaker 1: What I would tell men and women listen, just put your expectations out on the table. They won't really you know what I'm saying, So people can get the fuck on through if it's something that they don't want to deal with. So I'm not saying the very first date, you should be trying to see how much money this man got. You can kind of get.
Speaker 2: An idea.
Speaker 1: Based on his lifestyle, how he lives, his social status, like who he knows, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You can kind of gauge what type of man you're dealing with without as actually asking him how much money you got, unless you're now.
Speaker 2: In Atlanta, because them niggas is boo but for nesser central goods. Damn, Like these niggas be like, yeah, I live downtown and then it'd be like seven of them in a high rise apartment or he only.
Speaker 1: Courting you to steal your social s down there in Atlanta. But listen, remember Jim Bay, Remember the nigga from the gym I told y'all was fucking with one. So he was like actively, well, I don't know if it was just he wanted me to do this thing or he was actively looking for somebody to basically be in a poly relationship with. And I'm like, listen, I don't like women, and he wanted like somebody to move into his home. I'm like, I don't like women, right, And then if I did like women, who's to say I'm gonna like your bitch in particular?
Speaker 2: Right right?
Speaker 1: And on top of that, I'm like, well, how much money you got for a situation like this? He was like, I got I got about three hundred thousand in the bank. I don't think that's enough to take care of two women and all the shit that you want to that's not a bad starter help you financially. I feel like he wants two women to help him get to the next level.
Speaker 2: Well, I think if you in that, y'all all should be helping in some type of way, right. You can't just have two bitches laying around the house.
Speaker 1: I'm not moving in Listen. Even if I was down with some type of poly situation. I'm not moving into a house with another woman like your your fucking nuts. When white men or other men do these type of things, they yeah, everybody got their own house. I'm not about to be in the house with you and another woman like, you're nuts. You can't afford this situation. That's what I'm saying. Three hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Two grown women can't live in the house together unless they are also intimate with each other. I think they have this. Yeah, they have to be in love with each other too. And Susan period sink of bitch is gonna be scrapping. He might be the one getting beat. So I went on this website called elves dot com and they have a list of things that you how to get started with a conversation with your partner when you're getting serious talking about money. So what it says is, uh, here's a breakdown of what you two should share and discuss. So you should first start with what each what are each other's approaches to spending money. So this is a good one to start with because it's about the day to day stuff. What kinds of things do you think are worth splurging on and saying before do you both have a good idea of what you are coming in with and what's going out? Do you track every penny? Are you more of a fifty to thirty twenty kind of person? Which one do you think you are? Track every penny or fifty thirty twenty rule?
Speaker 1: Break that down?
Speaker 2: What does that really mean? So, okay, let's google it.
Speaker 1: I kind of I.
Speaker 2: Don't track every penny.
Speaker 1: I remember growing up and my mom would have her checkbook register and she's writing down. We don't really have to do that anymore because we have we have online banking, right, but she'd write down everything she spent and have her total at the bum. I definitely don't live that type of life now. My older sister does because she was really raised the longest with my mom. So she, even though she has online banking, she stole rights out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all just bad. That's when people use track checking books, you know, so they just had everything written down. The fifty to thirty twenty rule recommends putting fifty percent of your money towards needs, thirty percent towards once, and twenty percent towards savings. These saving categories also include money you will need to realize your future goals. So that's the fifty thirty twenty rule.
Speaker 1: Okay, so right now I'm definitely not doing twenty, but I'm talking with a financial advisor trying to get my life together for the future. So that's what I definitely invest, but I probably spend more money than I invest at this point. I make money off and off my investments, but I be spending money, so I would say, I, no, I don't do no fifty thirty twenty nothing. I'd be swiping and then I'm scared to look at my account.
Speaker 2: I'd be avoiding.
Speaker 1: Logging into online binging, like I kind of got an idea in my head and what the number gonna be when I log.
Speaker 2: In, I'm like, I'm a penny picture, Like I save everything. I save everything. My mama said, I hold a dollar so tight. The ego on that motherfucker be screaming.
Speaker 3: Don't want to spend everybody el shit, But.
Speaker 2: That just comes from a mindset of growing up with less. I just want to hold onto everything I get. I really definitely down to like the penny for everything, Like I literally put everything in the savings and then have to like pull from it sometimes because I don't want to touch it.
Speaker 1: I kind of do the same thing, and not with savings because you know, you ain't supposed to be withdrawing from savings account that many times because then you end up with a fee.
Speaker 2: Right, So I got multiple checking.
Speaker 1: I do certain things out of But yeah, I'll fuck around and be swiping from all three accounts all day long, like oh, this one might not have no money left, and let me go hit this one like.
Speaker 2: Wilin, No baby, I'm definitely in the grocery store if it's a packaged chicken and eight is one for eight sixty five, and there's one for eight sixty three.
Speaker 1: But that's savings, right, So you're looking for a deal always, I'm definitely Yeah, me too. That's not really like uh as far as keeping your finances in order though, because bitch, you be looking at them chicken, but I know you just have food delivered that you could have win and gotten. Yeah I did so, saving a penny on a pack of chicken, But you're paying these extra fees for Uber Eats doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: I need. I'll definitely be door dashing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all tripping with that door dash it y'all are tripping, go get your food. If you're trying to save money, start there. If you are trying to like course correct your finances, start at all the luxuries that these people have created to get your coin.
Speaker 2: The girl, that's why I work hard, so I cannot some things I'm not gonna give up, And that's a door dawsh ever rebound again. All right. So the next one is how do you each feel about your finances at the moment? Like who has debt and if so, are you working on paying it off? Some people manage to avoid debt their whole lives, but most don't, and paying it off has a big impact on how much of your income is left for saving and spending. Discuss what kinds of debt you each have student loans, car loans, credit cards, et cetera, and what their balance and interest rates are. Do they have an emergency fund just in case? It might be a good to ask about their credit score. People get very sensitive about their credit score, But.
Speaker 1: If you have a good one, you always bragging.
Speaker 2: But if you don't, you don't be like you asked me all kind of personal shit.
Speaker 1: Like I'm not bragging on my credit score.
Speaker 2: Right now. But the thing is, I don't really care about credit.
Speaker 1: I'm more like Glorella when she said I'm not fucked up, but no credit score might be rich them all, and I know how to beef my credit score up overnight, so I'm never concerned about the credit score ship. But the motherfucker taxes. When somebody mentioned taxes, like I get offended.
Speaker 3: Like why who are you?
Speaker 2: Who sent you? Who sent you?
Speaker 1: Like a nigga in a DM if he say he worked for like any of the letters like why are you here?
Speaker 2: Are you looking for me?
Speaker 1: Because they have a lot of creative ways to find people that old taxes.
Speaker 2: My thing is, I just got mad when I started becoming people who had the people who had to pay taxes versus getting my check. I've always been there. Oh what the hell? Why am I paying? I never got big checks because I didn't have no kids, right, but I done got like an eight three dollars check one year now, bitch, don't get nothing I owe every time. I hate that.
Speaker 1: The only time I've never not paid taxes is when I'm doing some finiggling and claim somebody's kid. Other than that, I always even when you were yard, I made more money when I was younger, like bitch was balling in her twenties. Like, I always paid fucking taxes unless I had like a dependent to kind of offset the amount of taxes I had to pay.
Speaker 2: But I've never gotten no stupid checks from taxing. I never gotten read. I think I got like like a student credit or some sort, like when I was in college and got a couple dollars back, But I never got no big checks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like people with kids or people who would just be doing the most filing all these kids elderly any taxes.
Speaker 2: The next one is what are your short term money plans? Here's where you can go and feel for where you're headed together over the next year or so. Do they have plans to get the debt paid off? Do they want to build an emergency fund? Do they want to change jobs anytime soon? Are you currently saving for retirement? Things like that. I definitely have a retirement fund. Yeah. We don't have these conversations enough. You know, no, and I don't think so, but I think that.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you're dating someone seriously, y'all now pass courting. You're in a relationship and you're talking about finances, I would think that, like, y'all need to be calculating the price of an engagement ring too. But are you expecting this other person to contribute to the things that you have or are you there just to counsel them into how to pay their debt off?
Speaker 2: Or like what are we doing?
Speaker 1: Like could this be a maybe you're walking away after this conversation? Damn right, because nigga, I can't help you too far at debt.
Speaker 2: I was dating this guy that I really liked, y'all, I really liked him, Like everything was phenomenal. We got along, he seemed to be he had a business, you know, he had on his own store, and we were talking about you know, he told me he had a daughter, and we talked about the daughter, and then somewhere randomly the conversation said, he came up and said he had a son that lived thirty minutes away that I had never heard nothing about. And we had been kicking it for months. I was like, well, what's up with this son? He was like if I don't know what's up with him? And he's like, if that little nigga want to know me when he gets big, he can come find me immediately. My Cuchie dried up like the Sahara Desert prairie dars start running past. It was like I heard Little House of the Prairie thee music. That's how dry my coochie got and I had to get up out of there like immediately. That made me leave him alone, even though I liked everything about him. But if you're somebody who can say that about your own son who's thirty minutes away, ain't nothing for me and you baby, nothing.
Speaker 1: So I mean kids are something that need to be discussed during the finance time. Absolutely, you have back child support. I told you just before. Like I used to work at a pink like customer service so people would be It was so many women black and white, okay, and everybody else in between call and crying about how the government has now garnished their taxes because their husband owed back child support. So now my money's gone for the kids we have together or for my kids. But you had a joint bank account bank account with this person, so yeah, do you have back child support? Okay, y'all niggas can act like y'all don't give a damn about a woman's income or her her her having a degree or not when half y'all need help.
Speaker 2: With paying child support.
Speaker 3: Apparently, so yeah, children, that's not true.
Speaker 2: A j don't do that to do some of them.
Speaker 1: Girl, at a lot of them need help. I'm ashamed to say this. My best friend has a child for my second cousin.
Speaker 2: She took him to.
Speaker 1: Court because he was talking shit to her daughter, saying like how much money he pays in child the whole time.
Speaker 3: Girls, she don't care.
Speaker 1: Whole time he was back, he had money, like back child support he hadn't paid, but you brag into the daughter about how much money you pay a child's for.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 1: They got in front of the judge and he was like no in a super geechee voices. Imagine this man, she got money, look at her.
Speaker 2: What does that have to do with anything? Nothing?
Speaker 1: Because at what point do you think you're not supposed to be contributing at all?
Speaker 2: Right? You know two things for your child? Absolutely, I need to.
Speaker 1: Know if you're on child' support. I need to know how you how you take care of your kids. I need to know that. Also, you know, at this age, younger people maybe they don't have any kids. It's not a topic that would come out when talking about finances.
Speaker 2: But yeah, if you're older, that's a conversation now. And then the last one, what are your dreams for the future? Are you working on it? This is the fun part. Do you want to buy a home in a few years? What do you dream about when you dream about retirement? Like, that's the things that you can talk about. Putting those things out on the table now will help you each understand why the other person may be making today's financial choices and gives you the opportunity to maybe even sync up your plans once you're ready. That's dope. I Ideally, for me, I would want to be in a relationship where my man's money pays the bills and my money creates the investments for us.
Speaker 1: That's entertainment some type of way. Yeah, like my maybe my money is for entertainment. If we do our vacations, all that we can have fly ash vacations. If I've been saving all year for this thing.
Speaker 2: Now, I feel like, yeah, vacations, but also building new streams of income. That's what my money is gonna do. That's ideally how I would want our relationship to go.
Speaker 1: You know a lot of times people look at stay at home moms. Oh, they're not contributing financially, but a lot of them have like side hustles, online jobs, things that they're doing from the house that may be making more money. Like look at the TikTokers, right, Okay, it's this one girl I'd be following on Instagram. She's a model, sores or husband. They'd be making fun of her ass on TikTok so bad. She's cooking. So she's cooking pregnant. I mean she's making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches from scratch. Bitch seeing her y baking the bread like, that's all content. And she has over a million followers and she's making money doing day to day life. We just had Lexi your homegirl in here. Like people, you can literally make money off of being a homemaker now.
Speaker 2: Right at this, As long as you got the right camera angles, you can get a check.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Like women with a lot of stay at home moms have found a way to create online businesses and they are driven into their households.
Speaker 2: All the time. Right, I agree.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to get a whiteboard and I'm going to put up all my goals and my partner's goals and we're going to execute things together. Like two people is always better than me, right, always, especially when I come to some money too many times two moneies.
Speaker 2: So however I'm making money, I always be telling bitches where they got their man and they living in the house. I'll be like, girl, I am in a single income home. Okay, relax, don't tell me I gotta bring you no birthday gift. I was gonna bring one, but I have a single income home to relax.
Speaker 1: So I would say, talk about money often and soon. Yeah, if you're planning on, like really being with this person, because it's important.
Speaker 2: But that don't mean begging because some people get that wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people be in bad moods when they when they money fucked up. Right, So you don't want to be in a relationship with somebody you didn't You didn't realize this nigga was fucked up financially. Not a relationship is going or this woman. Yeah, yeah, I will never be considering women when I talk about money.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about us. But don't know, man, want to meet a woman, think she's great. The first conversation she's like, hey, you're like, what's wrong with you? I don't really want to talk about it. Don't tell me what's that? Baby, what's wrong? I'm just saying, okay, well, since you asks, I just I just have some debt right now, and I just don't know how they're gonna they're gonna put me out. I'm and get a victim from my high rise apartment if somebody does not pay this one for me, Like don Ni, No nigga wants to hear that right out the gate.
Speaker 1: But if you're trying to get rid of him, go ahead and do that, because either he gonna give you the money or you're gonna get the fuck on through.
Speaker 3: Either way it's a win win.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: We're not talking not necessarily.
Speaker 2: Because you might run off a good guy because you just, you know, coming out the gate telling him what you need. You know, That's what I said.
Speaker 1: Unless you want to, unless your your your intention is to get rid of him, don't do that right yeah, because men will get lost if they think you're trying to get in their purse real quick. Okay, But I mean, I'm talking about my finances too, you're talking about yours. We're trying to see how we fit in each other's life. Financially because like it or not, on this realm. Okay, you need money to live. We can't get around it. Right, So y'all mad when somebody say, oh, I make he makes thirty forty thousand dollars a year, or you have two hundred dollars the date is one ninety five, but your man only has such and such.
Speaker 2: How much you're paying?
Speaker 1: Like, what are we talking about? Okay, we need money to breathe. At this point, air costs two dollars to put gap to put air in the tire at the pumps, So what are we talking about? So it's an important conversation and you need to find out early as possible.
Speaker 2: You don't want to get in a relationship with.
Speaker 1: Somebody who has fucking people looking for him because he owes fifty million dollars to MGM Studio like Bruno Mars. Bruno Mars, they say they own him. Somebody said that MGM Studios' excuse me, MGM Casino, not Studios. Casino owns Bruno Mars because he is in debt to them from his gambling habits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's what That's why I said I couldn't talk to that guy because he was successful, but his gambling habit was out of control.
Speaker 1: I can't do it and one wrong move, shit can go south.
Speaker 2: This nigga had me down. Download and uh, what's that sports bet and shit talking about? They're giving away a free two hundred and fifty Go ahead and put it on your phone. What I don't Okay.
Speaker 1: He sounds like he was already in debt and he just was balancing his debt and he was managing debt is what he sounds like.
Speaker 2: He was in sports betting.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I had to go. I had to exit stage left, baby, because you're gonna have it. You could build something great with someone and they gamble it all the way. You got time for that. Get at it there, So old, let me just say this. I know this is kind of like off topic. I mean it's on topic, but I used to work when I was living in Europe. I used to work at this. Uh it was a club and it had like, uh, the machines, the poker machines like they had. Yeah, they had like a whole section of slot machines and roulette and all kind of stuff like that, right, And these people used to come in there and they be on the machines all day long, just feed and money into that machine. And this one man he did not want to leave his machine because he said it was getting hot, whatever that meaning. And he doodooed on himself. He shipped his pants trying not to lead a machine. Yeah, that's how bad it was. And then they gonna tell me I got to go in there to clean up. I said, I bet you the fuck I won't. I bet you the fuck I won't. I bet you I quit this motherfucker before I go in there and clean up. No doodo out, no chair, You'll find somebody else to do it.
Speaker 1: They throw that chair in the trash. What.
Speaker 2: I'm a bartender, that's it. I came here to make drinks. That's whole casino funk his hell because this man couldn't get up from that machine. On that note, yes, get your finances in order.
Speaker 1: Yeah, talk about it. It's all about the Benjamin's baby period. Talk about the money you got to it's a must. You do want to end up in a bad situation. That's your last last Yes, bitch, it's all about the Benjamins.
Speaker 2: My last last is you want a nigga to trick on your trick first. It's like real gold niggas definitely trick first.
Speaker 3: Somebody a little trinkt a little nice little.
Speaker 1: Because nine times out ten, nobody's ever done anything nice for him, Like niggas don't get flowers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but not that. Don't say that. I say that, but don't do it because you are looking for something in return. Do it because you actually care about this nigga. You want to see him smile. And usually when you treat somebody good, they'll treat you good in return. That's my last last Yeah, okay, y'all.
Speaker 1: So if you enjoyed this episode, y'all tune in every Thursday on The Black Effect podcast iHeartRadio app or over the Fuck you get your podcast at.
Speaker 2: This is your co host, aj Holiday two point zero on instagrams. What's Up Tam y'all is official Tambama on Instagram. Y'all follow me like, y'all. We got ninety four days till summer. I'm down twenty three pounds, y'all. If y'all trying to get skinny with me, I'm doing urbal life. Y'all can do it with me.
Speaker 1: Oh, y'all, I'm trying to get skinny with you fuck the rest of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, I said, come on you, I'll send you some samples and all kind of good shit if you want me to. I'll put it in the mail to you girl. But y'all, y'all can order it. The link is on my page and the links on my DM. If you do order something, I'll add you to my close friends and we can have this conversation going and get fine together. Some of it is coming. Let's not play, that's all I'm gonna tell y'all. Y'all, don't be big backed to on the boat. I mean, if you are, that's cool too, But if you don't want to be, join me. Y'all. I love y'all. Remember to speak now and never hold your piece or your back.
Speaker 1: Fast a tattoo on my backpat ask me if I care. Bye deuces. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.