Speaker 1: Hey, Hank sag Gree, Hope you're sovia, this is your boy in what up?
Speaker 2: Dj e F and this streak Chance motherfucking Paul.
Speaker 1: And right now we've got hands down, one of the best producers, one of the most diverse artists, one of the persons who's been part of the most influential groups in the world, that changed the world, that helped personally, helped change me in my outlooking life. They came from the depths of the hell bottom and they rose to the top. He continued to make hits for people like Carlos Santana, Beyonce, Destiny Child and you know whatever else you want to say.
Speaker 3: In pop started.
Speaker 1: They had to come to see him. They had to come to see him if they wanted to go to that next level. And right now we got John wat Clip Jean. So you know, this is how I'm gonna do it, because I'm a real fan. I want to take it from the booger basement.
Speaker 3: Is that what it's called. Yes, it's called a bug of.
Speaker 2: The book Jersey, right, yeah, studio, Yeah, the studio is called a booker. But first, you know, I want to bring you salute from the whole the whole entire Haiti. You know what I mean. You know, we love you, we salute you representative.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so uh he ran for president.
Speaker 2: We wanted to make sure that that was clear. You know, that was the first thing. So I'd say, man, the Booker basement. You know, I was after Haiti leaving Brooklyn, kim Marlboro Projects, Coney Island. My dad was searching for a better life. He brought us to.
Speaker 3: Jersey and and we lived in East Orange.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So so from East Orange, I one O seven South Clinton. From there we moved to Newark. So I was back and forth between Noyork and EASTTNGE. And you know, my dad was a minister. So when the church they had that, it was that whole myth about circular music and so the same thing that the Cats went through. That was in the seventies where if you was playing church music, you couldn't be playing you couldn't go to be playing club music, you know what I'm saying. So basically we had to sneak. So when I was playing, you know, like if I was playing outside of the church, I was sneaking to do that because you couldn't do that around Yeah, it was blasphemous, so similar like Marvin gay father so for me, but my passion was battle rapping. So I went to Vellsburg High School. Anybody who's listening to this right now, Vellsburg High School, you already know my first name is Nell. Yeah, for Nelly.
Speaker 3: Nell.
Speaker 2: I used to eat motherfuckers up for breakfast and lunch dinner.
Speaker 3: Barely seventeen years old.
Speaker 2: I was obsessed with just because coming from Haiti, I was like, yo, the only way I'm gonna get attention and people to pay attention. It's almost like you gotta spit better than them. So I took the vocabulary to Shakespeare and just became like a wordsmith, you know what I mean. And the Booger Basement, the way it sound, that's what it is, you know. I meant a Kon. A Kon came to the Booger Uh was.
Speaker 3: Actually Jersey City? Correct? Yeah, the Royal Black Warrior.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so so I'm you know, I'm gonna give it to you like the death Man. A Kon was a barber like akond this. Yeah, you know I'm gonna give it to you. Yeah, one of the jobs, yeah a kon Yeah, yeah, so a Kon one of his jobs man. He was an incredible barber, but he always used to come to the bugger and he come to the book and be like, Yo, look Clett, listen to my music. I got this music. So in my hood I was like Doctor Dre. So I was like that Haitian Doctor Dre. You're still like doctor the early nineties. Yeah, this was like you know when you watched the whole n w A up him. Yeah, well this is before this, way before I'm talking about here. So this like the foundation. So the Booger was the spot everybody would come through. Now I'm gonna give you another fact on ACN. So when we did the score, there's a remix of Fuji. Yeah, the Fujili remix. I put a con on it. So this is like way before anything, like yeah, so this is what. So when we did in the remix, I was like, yo, I gotta put this kid on it because I think, like he's gonna go somewhere, Like he's incredible every time I see him. So whenever I used to do shows, I would just bring a kN on stage if he was there. So I only take you that far back to show you. So there was two sides of Jersey we was representing the refugee side and then you had the outsiders. The outsiders was Eminem Eminem, young z I dig Up Pace one, so all of that was on the other side. So when we was doing the score, I was like, Yo, it would be dope if we could unify both clicks on one record. So on the score, the song Cowboys was when we unified it was refugees and the outsiders and we put that together.
Speaker 3: That was a scenario.
Speaker 2: A Kon was on our side, but it was sort of like a Kon was doing his thing. It was just he always was on the grind. So even though when Fuji's was blowing up, he still was like, Yo, you need to check out my music. And then years after it's all good that years years later he blew up. But it's just to show you erkabat do. A lot of people came through that book of basement, you know what I mean? A lot of a lot of talent came through that basement. And it was crazy because Diamond D. I remember Diamond D shout out to domind D Salam remy Salam, Salam is like na salam is like the gurule like before the Fuji's before everything, Like, right, yeah, Salam, did you know that Amy Winehouse documentary when she's talking about the Sensey and she she's calling the freestyle in the studio. He yeah, yeah, so she's calling him. So Salam was the like Salam was doing hits man. I think he was like fifteen sixteen years old. He was like the dude doing like the super cat all of that crazy stuff that was like that was like flex flex right hand man. So for me, all of those that was really the come up. So to think that all of that really came from the booger I told people, I said, what the Fuji's and Steve job got in common? You know, Steve jobs invention was in the garage. Our invention was in the basement. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so you being from Hayden coming to you went to Brooklyn first, because I think you went to Brooklyn and then you went to Jersey, right, yeah, we lived in Brooklyn. You let in Brooklyn, went over Brooklyn and you But but Haiti is Caribbean, correct?
Speaker 3: How was that that first call when they said, Yo, Shakiro wants to work with you. Did you think about Ian pussy? Did you think about because.
Speaker 2: That's the first thing I'm.
Speaker 3: Thinking about.
Speaker 2: Before you don't have the clar.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I forgot awkward.
Speaker 2: So the funny thing about the Shakira record is that, uh, that record was done.
Speaker 3: Two years before Shakira. I did it for a movie.
Speaker 2: Called Havana Knights. So Clive told me that he wanted it.
Speaker 1: And at the time we said, clip you talk about talking about the regular nigga.
Speaker 2: He's got a bigga from.
Speaker 3: Down the.
Speaker 2: Clid from flat Bush who used to sell.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so that climb. So Clive hit me up like, yo, I'm doing the soundtrack and I need a joy from you. So for me, the whole, the whole idea of what I do, because you know, Haiti is just Spinola, so it's like basically Haiti and the d R.
Speaker 3: Geographically it is really one because we want let's break that.
Speaker 1: But for Columbus actually discovered that island, well he didn't discover it.
Speaker 2: He came there and the people was already there.
Speaker 1: It was actually originally called Espanol and that was Dominican Republican.
Speaker 2: And hey, I'm sorry, I got smart.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: Let me get back to come. I don't want people to know.
Speaker 5: And then the French colonized the side, right, Yeah, is that the way when in the Spaniards stayed on the Dominican side is out of the division.
Speaker 2: And somebody a pussy along them every time I secure you dancing, continued I'm sorry, my mom, don't don't repeat these bad words.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, so, basically, he just wanted me to do the song for the movie. At the time, we had a group called City High. So City High we had to start as Claude artists.
Speaker 3: She got pregnant by the other guy, right, which came.
Speaker 2: Later, right, which came later. A lot of mistakes, you know what I mean, learn from So so it was you got no, no, you was breaking on. I didn't get him pregnant yet, I didn't get nobody pregnant was bad.
Speaker 3: Nobody would be mad at you. We thought it was your baby for a long time, be honest to No. No, Billy Jean myself with forward continued Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, so so we do it for the movie and the record sits there, and you know, Clive, I was like, Clive, just record feel special. I think it's bigger, but he was like, no, it's just for the movie. So two years later I get a call from Donniana and Charlie walk and Charlie walks like, Yo, we need a record for Shakira because we're trying to get her on the other side of the fence and is also a big guy.
Speaker 3: Let's continuey. She hadn't done it bi lingual record yet at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was, there was. There had a few records on her, but they was trying to cross her the way that I had crossed Santana over.
Speaker 3: So we got to get to that because into today's yeah on college wild thoughts.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so so then so I told him, I said, look, I got a record. I was sitting here for two years. So anybody if you listen to the original record, it was on the Havana Night soundtrack. It's Claudette singing it word to Bond, It's the same record. The only thing I added was Shakira, Shakira, Shakira and Cara veryble. So I get the call man and and then it's Shakira. It's real talk. And then so she hits me, Shakira called you direct, Yeah, she needs to hear. Yeah, So Shaky calls me.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So so shaq collar and she's like I was like, Yo, you know you heard the record. She was like, I love the record, and she was like, I had I had a dream about you. Yeah, so exactly. I I didn't know where it was going either.
Speaker 7: I was in I was.
Speaker 2: Nigga, I was so I get the call and Shackie's So the dream wasn't what I wanted to dream at the time, but it was just the fact that we was connected. And then we we met in Miami and when we got together, I would say, what made that record special was the fusion. She came with that straight Columbian fusion. And sometimes you could write a record it's like a movie. It takes a certain actor to make the movie a hit, a certain mattress. So basically I remember me and Jerry doing that the record Jerry, Yeah, Jerry Wonder my partner. And then she basically I remember she was like, Yo, if my hips don't move, the record ain't a hit. So when she said that, like, I was like, Wow, we're gonna have Shakira dancing in the studio for eight hours is I started banging on everything and then that's how really the magic happened. And from there, you know, she she recorded the record, we put the cultures together. It's something about when you it's an algorithm dog when you put cultures together, and because that kind of music is no longer music, it becomes just a cultural phenomenon, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So that was the situation with that, and it was an incredible and it.
Speaker 5: Felt like y'all kind of did that on the hip hop side with Cypress before that with Cubans me Haitians. That felt, oh yeah, yeah, a big record for you, Yeah yeah, I just feeling that record.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big time, big time. But for me, you know, the melting pot for me is like as much as of Haitian, no one can't tell me I ain't Latin. No one can't tell me I ain't African, because you know, if I if I start to play sousa or Caribbean, if you close your eyes and I start to play piano, so you be thinking I'm from Cuba. Because for me, no one could okie dope me. Like at the end of the day, we want people they separate us whatever. But for me, it's like, I know, I got family from Cuba, from.
Speaker 3: Jamaica or whatever, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: The percussions were exactly were connected.
Speaker 3: By them drums.
Speaker 2: So that's that's how it what happened.
Speaker 3: Man, So let me ask you something. You did Cara call? Now that you're just a shaky shaky, shaky I'm sorry, cool like that. I still got called. But so you're saying you got the.
Speaker 1: Call Santana call prior that that that record came prior. For some reason, I thought you Carra came first here.
Speaker 2: Now you know in Santana. Remember I did Santana and I did Whitney Houston.
Speaker 3: God you did what?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 2: I'm doing that road. My love is your love, and your love I forget. Yeah, we never.
Speaker 3: You gotta rely. So it's super now.
Speaker 1: Now, now here's the reason why Colos Santana for artists like us, right, it's super like special because Carlos doesn't sing.
Speaker 2: Oh he does.
Speaker 3: This is me. I'm sorry, I'm mad.
Speaker 2: I come on, that's me. It's me, it's me.
Speaker 3: So so called Santana traditionally doesn't actually sing on the records. He actually tried to compose. So when Carlos called you, what was your very first thought? First off, did you think it was Carlos Santana or you knew because you was that big?
Speaker 2: You know the way that it happened. It happened through Clive Davis. So Clive is like, just a.
Speaker 3: Clip from flat.
Speaker 8: You gonna start clapping. You can't be around here. If I clap your clap, we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna step love in the building, stephead. So so Clid from flat Bush calls it. Yeah, so Clod from flat bushit me.
Speaker 2: And you know, he gave you the big godfather talk, you know, and the talk is like, yo, why cleft?
Speaker 9: I know you study your presence by the way, study jazz. And I've been thinking, what do you think about a fusion with Carlos Santana?
Speaker 2: And I was like, yo, I love Carlos Santana.
Speaker 3: He's on arist at the time. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: And then you know, and then Clive then he gonna hit you with that pressure. He's like, okay, you have twenty four hours. So basically, so when I do these records, though, it's like all of my records got schemes in them, man, Like you know what I mean, I break down the fundamentals, you know, saying hip hop is one of my schemes. But growing up in the hood, I used to escape, and I used to scape and watch movies one movie I used to watch was West Side Story. And west Side Story is a deep story, man, It's about like gun culture, you know what I mean, gang culture, clash culture. And and then remember West Side Story, the girl name was Maria say no, rest story was going on.
Speaker 3: Watch what happened to Product g n B.
Speaker 2: Man, that's a good question.
Speaker 3: So the guys that saying on that, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah they finished, yeah, but they.
Speaker 3: Don't finish that.
Speaker 2: We never knew who they was from again they got that was a big record, No, no, you know what. So so one thing that you said, which is is how the records are put together? Right? So from a composer aspect, right, the first thing I'm gonna do is I'm gonna say who can and sing this?
Speaker 3: Right? So I was obsessed with David Ruffins.
Speaker 2: So Product g m B from from from from Long Island, Kid Money Harmed had that vocal where it was like yo, he just had because I needed somebody, like you said, Santana a singer. He's an instrumental.
Speaker 1: Like Willie Cologne in Puerto Rico. Willi Cologne only plays instruments, correct, Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: He always a singer.
Speaker 2: But so that's what is So I had to put the whole sky. Yeah, no, that's dope what you said. So to your point, So as a composer, this this is where you know reality has to always How I'm able to do this over and over again, it's because my background is, like I'm a hip hopper, but I'm a jazz major, Like I love jazz, So jazz is based on the composition. So I gotta set the scheme up. So there's a few schemes on that record. The other scheme is I'm a big fan of Wu Tang clan angle and that whole record. Did y'all hear the part that was that sounded like Wu Tang?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, So I'm gonna grab my guitar. It's a different type of park. We got niggaso guitars and ship got with guitar.
Speaker 6: You gotta.
Speaker 3: Da says your day.
Speaker 1: Everybody be quiet, everybody quiet, please walk continue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So this is what we're going to producing one on one vibe and we.
Speaker 3: Don't got to play this or night right now, you ain't got it.
Speaker 2: The music younger, clear it man, I own it, mano right, so check it out. So so when I'm composing, right, So the first part we composed was right, So that was the first zone you feel and they all feel that record. So so then when we said Wu Tang clan ain't nothing to funk with. So one of the things I thought that public would identify with with Santana's an instrument tillis right, this is where the haitian comes out? Did somebody who plays the instruments? I was like, what if I could take this, this Rizard scheme, so what.
Speaker 10: If that.
Speaker 7: Ain't with.
Speaker 3: I'm giving them my hip hop hip hop car for one day.
Speaker 11: I know that.
Speaker 2: So when we said we said playing by card Little Santana, they did in the record. Yeah, yeah, So my whole vibes be about the mashups. As a hip hop student, you know what I mean, I consider myself a hip hop guitarist first, so so I think a lot of the records like I always pay tribute to. So that fusion came out like that because of you know what I mean, like when when? And then so that scale sounds like Wu Tang, but it's originally a gypsy scale, So Santana is the king of that gypsy scale. So at the end of the day, even though Rizza would bring it back in a different form. So for me that it all boils down to the basic science. You're there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so l L wait but did that science translate to the to the new calid record?
Speaker 2: So so so so cal we go back to that question, the record. We can stay in the record.
Speaker 1: You're right, yeah, wild thoughts Rihanna, Yeah, did they clear that record with you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely. So so Khalid, who I've known man for we're all good for. We all know. Yeah, so we we you know, I go back with Color. That's like brother the brother together. Yeah, that's how far he was.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then like people don't even know like I used to like clash like dub plates, so I used to this is there's a part of me like in Miami in the early days with Kali. Yeah, so dudes don't even know, like I could show up with a crate and the murder the place. So so for me, So I get the call from from my brother Colored and he's like, yo, just this one seemed like it's this this cleft. You don't understand. This is going to be the biggest one. And boom boom boom boom. So we need to get Santana, you know, the clear on his part, I know you and Santana did the record. So I called up Madeline Nelson, my CEO. She got Santana and Santana's like my godfather. So Santana cleared it. Now, this is what I love most about that. I remember when I was doing killing Me Softly with the Fujis killing Me one time, two times, and then her reality struck me after I did that record, because the record blew up like crazy. And after the record blew up, I was like, damn, we just made somebody a gazillion dollars of publishing because I didn't know how.
Speaker 3: That worked, because you could do it the record, well, you clear it.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the day, So it just it's a beautiful thing to be in twenty and seventeen to hear the new generation sampling either the Fujis or music by Wild Cleff is incredible.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: So he directly sampled your version. Yeah that's the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I just want to but yeah, and then just.
Speaker 3: Was that the guitar.
Speaker 2: That was the guitar?
Speaker 3: Okay, that was play what they said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So basically when you hear this, so so the whole grove is this.
Speaker 3: For some reason. But it is a foundation.
Speaker 2: So a lot of the foundations, that's how we create them, you know what I mean. But that's how that want happen. So from there, like I said, so Clive Davis knew I had the Latin pulse with me, you know what I mean? And I go back so far. This is why I be crediting like you pud like you don't know, like I go back back with the music as a as a student, I go so far back, right, I go back to Evy queen.
Speaker 3: So one of my reporter we on, but.
Speaker 2: Some money's walk up. That's one through out there.
Speaker 1: We had sting raised, Sting Rays one hundred and thirty second and what fifth Avenue sting Raised. In case you guys don't know, they gotta s rock cola. They got the Delion, which is the best of killing in the world. And you know they got walk left and the drink Champs and in the af everybody here.
Speaker 3: That's why you know what I'm saying, don't forget sting raids. Come see us. The owner got a cowboy hat on, we got we got streets.
Speaker 1: And guess what and guess what he's We are also leasing a horse very soon, so your kids, we will have a donkey in the front and.
Speaker 2: A whole back. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Sting Rays one hundred thirty second up town.
Speaker 2: Yeah we we we.
Speaker 8: Sam.
Speaker 3: I was very to go somewhere else. Need to go.
Speaker 2: Remind us when we're coming back. We come back to that. Okay, listen, you gotta relax. This is where I want to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, l L and Cannabis has a problem. Yeah you picked cannabis.
Speaker 1: I respected your decision, but I knew you wasn't gonna win all that because this is l L cool chat at the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and l L.
Speaker 3: Had all the back.
Speaker 1: End from the whole universal system. This is the first artist that actually developed universals. So I just want to know why was it loyalty because that was your artist. Because I heard somebody say that that was I didn't ever knew cannabis are signior J just your friend.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you know I'm a I'm an artist, but before artists, I'm a personality from the Caribbean. So when you know, so, I say, I'm never ashamed of my friends.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: So I grow up as a Caribbean youth. We're very strong where I come from. So when Cannabis approached me, he approached me on a conversation. It was not it was in a music conversation.
Speaker 3: So so you know the gist of my problems.
Speaker 2: So the gist of my conversation with Cannabis, it wasn't based on It didn't start off musically. It's just it was it was just certain people come to talk to me about when certain things happen sometimes, you know, if someone goested.
Speaker 3: This is probably one of the most historical battles in hip hop.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so so yeah, definitely one of the most historical battles. So once again, right, so me and you we not communicate right at this point. So you got you looking at it like, yo, the cleft just choose his side, right yeah yeah yeah, because it looked like you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean.
Speaker 2: So because so now I'm gonna tell you that's right, because I'm gonna tell you the way it goes down. So the conversation with Cannabis was as followed. He comes in the studio, he lays his part. He's a big l L fan and the tattoo on his arm, you know, he's he's like when it comes to ll at that time, like there's nobody bigger than L. Who J Cannabis had the L L walk. He just loved L. So he was like yo when he left the studio, L came in later verse this.
Speaker 3: Is L's record, by the way, record, Yeah, the record.
Speaker 2: That started it off. Yeah, so so So basically cannabis point of view was like yo, when L was like yo, the tattoo on my arm is limited to challenges, you know. And in Cannabis verse, he was acting, could he borrowed atack? Give me the tack, right, give me give me the mic on your arm. So now now what Cannabis decides to do is now keep in mind I'm a producer, and so L l Is puts his record out and Cannabis says, I have an idea for a record. Right now, I'm going to have a long conversation with Cannabis before he goes there. Right, I might have to take my glasses off.
Speaker 3: Look, this is this is you heard of this all this is.
Speaker 2: Right now? Okay, this is getting a stout from flats over there, all right, but look how a shot you'll hit the shot?
Speaker 3: Problem walk clup, y'all, me walking you.
Speaker 2: Me walk clips y'all, And got funked up. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, oh no, let me go. It's open.
Speaker 3: It's one is open, it's one. It's open. Right there.
Speaker 12: Come on, you're talking about you know what, you're going into the second round, knockout, right, So we got.
Speaker 4: Many pressed that right there? Yeah, rock Coloada. Everybody focusing on me the best away. That's what I do, baby, that's what this cup.
Speaker 3: Listen, you heard jay Z. You knew al we gotta push your people brand. God damn it. I bounced over that.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, that was good. Goody.
Speaker 3: You haven't drinks plays? You know what?
Speaker 2: I'll bring you on some rum by uncle. Next, I.
Speaker 3: Open the doors. You ain't taking a shot?
Speaker 2: You gotta take ah, don't don't be wal clip, don't take it yet.
Speaker 3: I gotta get bro. I got one for your class. I don't know, you know, Please can you remember where he was at?
Speaker 2: I'm talking about what we're talking about. We know.
Speaker 1: I'most the best walk. Why Cliff been my friend for so long? Well listen, please, everybody focusing on me?
Speaker 3: Why Cliff?
Speaker 1: You've been my friend for so long? And I don't know if you understand or you know what drink champs is. But so many shows. They want to get these artists there and they want to ask them who they fucking and who they fucked and all this other ship.
Speaker 3: It's not what we do here. We salute our artists because you know what, what was it that you sound like a pig? Don't lose focus, my friend.
Speaker 1: What's up with artists is I'm a quote unquote legend. That's what they want to say. I don't give a funk about that ship. But what I am first and foremost is a fan, and I'm a fan of people before me. I'm a fan of people in the middle of me and a fan of people after me. And that's what I want to do. I choose to celebrate hip hop.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't care about these other shows, these other podcasts or whatever they do.
Speaker 2: That's not what we do.
Speaker 3: What we do is we celebrate our motherfuckers. And you need to be celebrated tonight. So today this is and I'm gonna take this. This is the best block in the world. Baby down, take it down. We got tune in on me, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's that's more.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry you looking. You used to need a shot you I don't know who you w I'm sorry you're not coming to you.
Speaker 2: I'm married, but I'm just I just want to make you have one.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 2: I don't know you look like that because I just want to get you. I just want to get you. Take a shot, girl, Take a shot girl.
Speaker 11: Your name?
Speaker 2: It takes all.
Speaker 13: Shot, got Dren's stud I'm.
Speaker 2: Married, so I'm not going at you. Just want to.
Speaker 3: Know. But you look like you needed who you were.
Speaker 2: You look Arian, comar Marian.
Speaker 3: You know your name is Arian?
Speaker 6: Name wrong?
Speaker 2: I was close, look, I said, begging his brother and look very Come on, come on, everybody, take a showering. I'm taking shot. Where's about Listen?
Speaker 3: This is playing this up.
Speaker 14: You're taking a shot. I'm taking a shot a wild cup because you know what an empty botty it looks.
Speaker 3: It's yo.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: Everybody focusing on me, robs loving the building steps, Let's way more.
Speaker 3: In the building.
Speaker 15: Listen.
Speaker 3: Let me tell something red listen, and our culture.
Speaker 1: It's kind of corny to big up somebody else if you say you're a legend, or you somebody that's made it as somebody that got money or somebody got status, and you big up somebody else in our culture, that's corny.
Speaker 3: And guess what I need to change that. We're corny. We just got forty nine million lists. Do we have to buy fifty million? No? CBS gonna take care of.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, should they take care of that as as as real a good part? Tell us give us a fifty million plaque. But listen, in our culture, people don't big up each other. People don't say great job, hazardous sounds, great job communicating, Sonny Drain, We appreciate your pictures. People don't say that in our culture. And you know what we gotta do, being that we have a platform and we have an audience.
Speaker 3: We have to change that. One of our best episodes.
Speaker 1: And people that tuned in was when we saluted Prodigy, and we love Prodigy, but we wish we were saluted Prodigy where he was alive.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, because we got to give our legends. They flowers when they can smell, and they treat.
Speaker 2: You look at and something you look at, and something when they think, and what drinks when they can drink.
Speaker 3: Don't understand and this is what we gotta do.
Speaker 1: Listen, so many people praise people when you're going away and you die and it's great, but that person could have really appreciated live.
Speaker 3: So why left tonight? We want to praise you. Watch, we want to salute you. When I'm taking a shot, I don't know who pulled me to shot shots the Book of Base to the President.
Speaker 16: I hate this.
Speaker 1: Nigga was two seconds away from me the President. You No, this is like taking a shot of Bill Clinton? Looking about what cleft? Always we're going to continue, want to concrete say what cleft?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 17: Two three.
Speaker 2: Two three two three?
Speaker 8: Clef?
Speaker 3: I mean, honestly, did something to be this time? Did something to be this time?
Speaker 18: I don't know what.
Speaker 5: We're going back the second round knockouts, knockout those infamous battle records.
Speaker 2: The deal, Clef, Mike Tyson on this record, and everybody listen.
Speaker 3: Everybody listening.
Speaker 1: Everybody listening, everybody, everybody, white girl conversations, come over here, listen, because here's the deal.
Speaker 3: We didn't know.
Speaker 1: We knew you produced the record, but we didn't know you got dragged into the battle. So how what was the exact moment you got dragged because you produced the record with cannabis?
Speaker 11: Is that true?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But the whole record was like sunsu the art of war Son sou So, so when you told me who won, right, So we we're gonna get into who actually won, right, So who won for me would start off with the conversation that I had with Cannabis. And the conversation I had with Cannabis is like, Okay, if you want to really go on this route, there's a few things that I have to let you know that's going to happen, and you have to be ready. You're of course listen because I got what happened is at the end of the day is chess, So with any of course, because I'm a fighter, right and then so Cannabis is a young bull, right, so my job is I gotta give them the information. Right now, I come from the Caribbean, So if like I say, like I'm really the Haitian Sinatra for real, like and what I mean by that, like, I'm never embarrassed by who my friends are, right, So.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at you, but I was just looking up just so you know.
Speaker 2: So what I mean the reality of it is like you know, we we all grow up in a certain environment, you feel me, So it's like okay, like I ain't a shame like my mama took a gun out of my hand, put a guitar on my hand.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So, but at the end of the day, we all came up like once upon a time in America. Right, So it's like, it's still my family. So whether if it's gangsters, it's still my family. You know, Whether if it's my brother that's a lawyer, it's still my family. So at the end of the day, I felt like, as a Caribbean man, if someone comes to me from the Caribbean that have an issue, I'm going to address it. But I want to know how you want to deal with it. So Cannabis said, I want to deal with it on some music stuff. So being you want to deal with it on some music stuff, let me explain to you who l L cool J is.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this is the this is me you're telling him, dude this.
Speaker 2: So so yeah, so so let me tell you And it's good because the beautiful thing about this is the beautiful thing about this is l L is listening, you know what I mean, because Y'll give you know how when things happen, you get a one way perspective until this. So this is the real conversation.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So basically with l L cool J. You know, coming from Haiti and watching that movie when l L comes out with the radio and he places it down and then he goes into it. I mean he wants this is the reason, you know what I mean. So now we all take this and we say, if we want to be battle rappers, we take this. This is one chapter of how we hit the block when we hit it with that determination. So I said, look, at the end of the day, you want to go there, I'm gonna go there with you. But there's a few things that's gonna happen. One is I want you to understand that l L is loved. You know, l L is loved by dudes in the streets. You have his people. But at the same time, l L like me. He has a high female base. And when you have a high female base, it's hard for somebody to knock you down, right, because what that means is, at the end of the day, even if niggas don't want to fuck with me, the chicks want to be like yo, if you want some you better play someone. Please call. At the end of the day, it's gonna go there.
Speaker 1: So so we have.
Speaker 2: Come to myself, why can I.
Speaker 6: But but you, my men, you got.
Speaker 3: And they like this, nigga, I got the night.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, no, no, I love it baby, so so so, after this conversation, After this conversation, we go into it. And now in order to compete with a giant, right, because l is a giant, the first thing that we have to do is we got to come.
Speaker 3: Up with a scheme.
Speaker 2: You feel me so and then so the scheme becomes second round knockout. And then so Mike Tyson at the time had Beep in mind.
Speaker 3: I don't know what Mike was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so so so so so Mike. Once again, the strategy was war.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 2: I'm a composer, right, so keep in mind, whether if it's Santana or anything, I'm gonna come from the level of composition. I'm gonna put a Shakespeare movie together. That's what I'm gonna do. So so in putting this movie together, you know we need Mike. You know, Mike has to say he eats people, you know, ears, and you know we need that.
Speaker 3: We need that.
Speaker 2: So you have it's about to go down on some hood Shakespeare vibe. Now, keep in mind, at the end of the day, it's no beef with nothing it's still it's hip hop, right because when I came from Haiti listening to KRS one, these are this is how you can settle a situation. So Cannabis does the record, and Cannabis was one of the first artists. I literally used to watch sit on a laptop computer just right. Yeah, so see that in the hip factory.
Speaker 3: One time I came in, y'all, y'all said, yo, niggas started writing. I say, yo, I gotta leave yo. He just on paper.
Speaker 1: It was like, yeah, you know what I mean, like this like this the first right around with word facts before because you know, your phone wasn't that so back then.
Speaker 3: Said he said, you know that's.
Speaker 1: You know, that's the natural thing to see another MC I need the verse and they like you have a real and he was like, yeah, what is that?
Speaker 2: Immediately I'm so sorry, No, no, no, that's at least somebody else seen Cannabis writing rhymes on computer. Yeah, So he was one of the first. So he did that. Now we did the record and Second Round Knockout comes out. Now when Second Round Knockout comes out, the once again, when we talk about hip hop and we talk about the culture. That's why I say, you already know me. I'm a culture bunny, so I'm always inside of the culture somehow. So I got dragged into a situation for me that look, you got dragged that start.
Speaker 1: Poor person that's outside looking at I feel like you just produced the record and then Elle said.
Speaker 2: Your name, and then you had the response. Yeah, So now I get dragged into the record.
Speaker 1: So l L.
Speaker 2: Basically now he goes and he now he has to do his response right because it's Shakespeare at Jouston. And then the process of his response, he calls me the Bob Marley impost right, Yo, this ship gets funnier, right, Yo, I'm gonna tell y'all some real ship.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: So but yo, what the thing is though, It's like the thing is the way that I love l L and was obsessed by him, and he ain't know. When I came from Haiti, one of my skits was holding the radio act like I was talking to Russell Simmons, but I had an invisible mirror in front of me, so so so for me, so I was like, okay, now this is what I mean by its chest. So what I did was I said, now that he called my name, so I have to be careful because I'm on my going to November ship, right, be real careful because we see that happen. We see that happen. It's the walk where Nigga will call you out and depending on how you respond, it determines your doom day because you gotta be careful because you gotta know.
Speaker 1: You But in all honesty, Cannabis is in trouble. You're not really in trouble because you know your financial is great. But you're a hip hop person.
Speaker 3: That's what makes you feel like you're in trouble, not your financial.
Speaker 2: But wait, wait, how at what point do you see Cannabis in trouble?
Speaker 3: Because it's such a great record.
Speaker 1: But I tell you, when I didn't go for him, I'm gonna walk left finish, And I'm telling you when I Cannabis is in trouble.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know the lyric side of it.
Speaker 3: Come on, we've done the podcast only for a million years right now.
Speaker 2: So what happened was we talked about what would happen when you did this record? Right, so I think like a few things had to happen. So when Cannabis did this record, one of the things that had to happen is now his entire album would have had to been changed. That's the first thing, because he was bigger. Because what happens was one second round knockout comes out. The bar is also said to that it's so so now what would have to have happened was it would have to be eleven more second round knockouts that record, of course, not towards l L now, but towards the cold. So take all of that anger now, because now when you do second round knockout, the next ship you're gonna do. Nigga's gonna want to hear whatever that next thing is. That's right, you win it. The king So so in this process, so now he has to so LL takes a shot at me. But meanwhile, what was his shot?
Speaker 3: I forget?
Speaker 2: Well, we said so we said tell yeah, yeah, So now I didn't so I do a record. So when he does this record, so brilliant brilliance is I said, Okay, I know who this guy is and I know who's backing them, and now yeah, and I said, this is L who J this is the King. And now I said, I'm gonna respond with a record. Now I respond with a record. The record is called What's clef? Got to do with it. And now this record is brilliant because what happens is I'm actually LLL. What's CLEF got to do with it? And on the record, I attacked all of l L's bosses at the time, so I don't even talk about L like I barely talk. So I talk about L's bosses. And now I said, I got to neutralize him at the end of the record. And I know that he gonna meet me somewhere if we playing chess. He has a female fan base, and I'm going to November. So then I called up my friend at the time, Naomi Campbell, and said to Yaomi, you know a millionaire. So I called up Naomi and I'm like, Naomi, I need a dub played at the end of this record. You know, come on, Naomi, jim me a con down. I'm bred j.
Speaker 3: Weekend.
Speaker 2: Yes, good girl. So so Naomi does the end of the record, and so she's like, l L. You need to give it up. You need to stop. This is because now when I put a top model at the end of the record, you know you can't say I don't like females. So I'm gonna so I'm coming straight for your base. So for me in doing that, the only reason I even did that bro, because I felt like I didn't when he did that record. I went back home and my girl, right, she like, she's like I call a bougie hood. So she was in the beauty salon with her girlfriends, and so I came and the L record was playing, The disc record was playing. So I came home on some Will Smith shit, you know what I mean, Like I came home on something that she was like. She was like, why I'm tire, you're not her error? And why I'm tying.
Speaker 3: The blood clean million pasta? So y'all gotta sit here and eat the chicken it or I said, no, I respond to the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, leave it to a woman. A woman always sends the king to war.
Speaker 3: The queen always says the gotta respect the queen.
Speaker 2: Yes, But in all seriousness, it was like the amount of respect that I have for LLL and continue to have for l L. I would say it was at the pun funeral, you know what I mean, when I saw him and after that I like shook his hand. But for me, it was it was a battle, you know what I mean, And it was all I want him to get out of it even till today. Is like we were so obsessed by him at the time. I just wanted to beat him.
Speaker 1: You know, you think when you just produced the record for Cannabis that you can stay out of it.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: I knew it once. I mean, it's the art of war, right, you would a gang, You would a gang, So I knew it. Even got worse, Like, forget about the fact that I did the record. I was the freaking referee in the video. So once I said, I, he's all the way in. But that's the kind of dude. I was like, look, we're gonna go in. He's gonna come at me, He's gonna come at you, but you have to be ready. And I would say, really, the first Fuji album was Blunting on Reality and that shit sold two copies. The second one was The Score Cannabis first album. I felt like after his first album, he just copped away, like you know what I mean, because he wanted it so successfully, And I think you got like three shots in this game. I think one, two, three. Till today, I always say Cannabis is one of the most lethless lyricists that I've ever heard in my entire life. L L is one of the greatest hip hop entertainers that I've ever seen in my life. And because of l L. I know how to control the stage, you know what I mean, radio facts facts.
Speaker 19: So so do you think, so what what what intent does it make a person to say that that that's person is the star?
Speaker 1: Is it all those qualities that you just said, yeah, to make a person a star? Like, well, okay, so I remember called that. Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no no, but you know.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you mean good.
Speaker 3: I would have got it.
Speaker 2: So emparamilitary, emparamilitary.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So is in general what we do is when we want to get information from the certain people, right, what we do is we make them drink to the point where they their consciousness and they start to tell you, I'm watching you man, I.
Speaker 3: Got you.
Speaker 2: Come on, we go way back definitely. So for me, what makes it a star is the it factor. So I remember Sony was like, Yo, cleft, there's these four girls. You have to go listen to them sing. We need you to do a record for them. And I go into a hotel and it's four girls and I remember like, Yo, It's like, yo, what would you like us? To sing for you, mister. I was like yo. I was like yo, I'm from the church singer church song and one of them girls just stepped out and just the way she started going, I was like, that was the if factor. And that was Beyonce.
Speaker 6: You guys, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So and then you know what the if factor is. It goes deeper, right, the if factor goes deeper because you know who's going to be the it because they're studying.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 2: So if Beyonce is listening to this right now, right, this is what's the deepest part is this is probably listening. I just got you a three three female Campbell, right, So this is this is the if factor which determines it. To me, I remember us performing like I'm performing on stage, and I remember Beyonce on the side of the stage watching Destiny Child already performed, believing she's.
Speaker 3: There as you were studying.
Speaker 2: Are you with I'm performing as why cleft the Carnival right, I'm performing, yeah, the first one, Carnival three soon.
Speaker 16: Three as they said that, so Carnival. I had to piss for like two hours. I've been holding because I respect our class so much.
Speaker 2: You know, if you got pissed. We'll just take a pissed bread. No, it's okay, just peri, but.
Speaker 3: That's drink history. Don't stop. We're gonna go Carnival stop stop good you look at you look like you've been teared up.
Speaker 18: I don't know what you've been.
Speaker 3: Your beach, but I'm saying a good way. You gotta know, I don't like.
Speaker 6: That's my sister.
Speaker 3: You really like that? You ready open this?
Speaker 20: Yes, many class man, you're talking about the album, the new album, the album, the new album three?
Speaker 2: Yes, man, you know listen everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Carnival three. Yeah, you got, you got, you got, you got Shakiro on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is what makes this no no, no, I was saying, yeah, this is what makes this album dope.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 2: So for me, it's twenty years later and we're celebrating the Carnival and the first Carnival is all people. It was like, yo, you can't do a record. You can't do a hip hop album in four languages and get it to sell. It don't exist. So I was like, no, I said, I'm from Haiti, Espanola. We speak Spanish, we speak French, crayle, we gonna get it. And so the Carnival. Yeah, so the Carnival broke records like it did like seven eight million dollars eight million copies. It's the Carnival. So now what happens is now we're on the Carnival three. Now what even makes this special is that? A few things. One is I'm hearing the record out of nowhere and the record is called one Cleve Jean, and I'm like, yo, who did this record? And why is this like, you know, skateboard like that? So I said, it's the Try record. So record, why clee gotta let y'all pulling up.
Speaker 3: The record? The record we're gonna play it though.
Speaker 2: So it's a young man by the name of Young Thug and he decides, come on, he's got you got your niggas, not got a riddle y'all niggas.
Speaker 3: In front of the projects man.
Speaker 2: No, no, that was his scheme.
Speaker 3: That was a kid.
Speaker 2: But so but who produced that record with Super Mario? And I was like, Yo, this dad boy know this little kid was just coming up. He's worked with Drake. But you know, I was like, this kid sound his frequency? Sound like why c at twenty years old? Who's this kid?
Speaker 3: Like? How is he doing?
Speaker 2: These drums in this. So the whole thing about Carnival three is I went and I got all of the kids that were influenced by the Carnival. When the Carnival came out, there was twelve thirteen. So you got Super Mario, you got the Knocks, you got Wavy Boy. So what happens is now the fusion on Carnival three is the nephews meet the uncle. So it sounds like Teddy Riley meets Michael Jackson or Michael Jackson meets Quincy Jones. What happens with that fusion? So we put so it's sort of like, so if I'm coming from ninety seven with a certain sonics, what happens when you put that twenty seventeen against those acoustic guitars? What happens? So that's the whole idea with the Carnival, the Carnival three. So we got two joints up. One is called what Happened to Love and the others called Fella Kutie. So basically we back on that bullship, you know what I mean? And you're rich as fuck, that's way he's rich.
Speaker 21: Listen, I know, listen, listen, But tell these niggas tell these niggas that the psycle picture you took, you have the speedo, you.
Speaker 3: Gotta you gotta know that the way you was well defined oil. Yeah, I can tell that was that was a house lady. Come on, you was riches and using a five million dollar house?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 3: Am I correct? Eight man?
Speaker 2: Like, yo, I mean you know it is what it is, right, But I mean the Ducatti pick man you yeah, yo, real talking. I seen my Twitter get divided, right. All the niggas ran off one damn you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: It was crazy. I did.
Speaker 22: Yeahs went crazy man, you like just one minute, yo, but you know I did it, bro, just to get back to the fact that I'm human and like I'm human, my nigga, Like, I felt like so many people was coming at me at this time as if I wasn't human, Like it was like, yo, dude, try to run for president his charity.
Speaker 2: It was sort of like dudes was coming at me as if I didn't have a fan family, as if I'm not from the culture. And I was like, dude, I'm a rare, I'm that dude that used to be on the block making niggas laugh. So it was like at the end of the day, I stripped it all down, and I knew with my antics that everybody would talk and get back to the fact like this is a regular nigga at the end of the day, you know what I mean. So shout out to the speed stripped down the conversation, Like I.
Speaker 3: Feel like if it wasn't for you wanting for president, I think like you kind of gave Trump the idea. Come on, man, don't put that on this. You almost became.
Speaker 13: I'm not putting it on you. I'm sorry, but it's not like that Clapper was the first president.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you what's I'm gonna tell you what from sweet Nigga is brother?
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean, okay, So here's a few facts to your point. That's not my point. No, I'm gonna show you you got you hitting on I'm I'm gonna show you like you're hitting on some science. So it's important that the listeners fully get your science because you hitting on some science that I'm gonna get into because I.
Speaker 1: Feel like Trump seen you and said this nigga almost made Trump. I'm almost made president, and he said, let me try won I think it's your fault.
Speaker 2: Now, we wouldn't put it on me.
Speaker 1: But now.
Speaker 3: Because you're you're your he was this close.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: Like, were eligible?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well the first part of it. Let's let's if you are if if we go online, right, you'll find a picture of me, Donald Trump, Sweet Mickey together together.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a controversy.
Speaker 2: Just listen to this. Listen to this.
Speaker 5: The old.
Speaker 2: Ain't even president yet even president yo, it's just three celebrities. The biggest artist I'm taking you yeah three So Mickey. So basically sweet Mickey is like for me like he's our Michael Jackson if that makes sense, Like he like we all grew up.
Speaker 3: With his music.
Speaker 2: Sweet Mickey was the president, correct, Yeah, but listen to how he became the president. So when we took Michael Michael Jackson become the president. Yeah, so this is like in Haiti. Yeah, but think about this. When I took the picture, this picture like becomeing president. Yeah exactly. So when I took this picture with Trump, me and Mickey.
Speaker 3: Hold on, yeah, go ahead, fan nineties hippob junkie, what you're doing?
Speaker 2: Come on, yo?
Speaker 3: We had one hundred and thirty seconds between what.
Speaker 2: Thirty second and fifth come through?
Speaker 3: We interview and walk left and you gotta relax. That's it.
Speaker 23: Let it look it real quick, real quick rock perform time at twenty years at the column.
Speaker 3: We got that want to relax. We had tickets.
Speaker 20: We had tickets two years ago, tickets second, I'm sorry you got no.
Speaker 2: No, it's good. So what we do is what we call a random real quick. So Eric being rock Kim. So I'm gonna call it random real quick. So Eric being rock Kim my first music video ever. I was an extra for a rock camp video and I got more shots than any other extra history. What's don't swim at the technique? I'm playing up right then, I'm your bunny man. I told y'all man, yeah, son, do you know? He said hip hop junkie.
Speaker 24: I you know.
Speaker 3: But we gotta go back to Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a deep picture. He said that because family was saying, like when he probably saw that. So now look this is like Donald Trump ain't the president. Everybody's chilling. Donald Trump book us for a show. We show up. We at the Caesar. I called my man sweet Mickey, and I'm like, yo, Mickey, were out here with Trump, come on over. But let's be clearsed.
Speaker 3: Micky is the president, and the president he's just chilling.
Speaker 2: He's like my friend, you know what I mean? So yo, were down here, come so now and years later, right, because all I could do is tell y'all because back then, yeah, but all I could do say, all I could do is tell y'all. Right, all I could go is by facts checks.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm gonna give y'all the facts.
Speaker 2: Man. The fact is at the end of the day, coming from where I came from, if somebody gave me a check to perform, right, and it actually wrote the check right at the time, at the time, and the check clai at the time, I was like, this person's by the business now then, But dude, when you sit on a presidential chair, that's a whole another scheme now because you representing the world and you're representing like you can't be for one side of this, it don't exist. You gotta be for the whole America, you feel me. So it's a different gameck Obama, yeah so so so on that note, what ended up happening is I ran right when I ran for president, I ran, But all y'all did was see me run. What y'all did and see was the backstory. There's a documentary called The Ghostive Seat. They're so late. So yeah, now look at it again from the top, y'all see that it's brought by y'all by Sock Possitive Films. Sock Positive Films is one of my film companies.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So I only tell y'all that because at the end of the day, I wanted to show out in America or all of the kids that was here, how dudes was getting down in Haiti, and how hip hop music influenced Haiti. Right, so you have. So at the end of the day, y'all saw me run for president. But what they didn't show, y'all is when they had beef with the gangs. I had to go negotiate for the gangs visa rappers. I'm talking about the gangs. I'm talking about So I said, I sit with the gunmen. Why Clef sit with the gunman hand in hand, ten thousand ouzies eye to eye. Let's have a conversation because at the end of the day, I can't let my people suffer. So at the end of the day, you have to figure this out. Because the youth of tomorrow got advanced, so how are we gonna do this? I get a note, a list of what they demands are. I take this list to Washington, d C. The UN is listening. I was the one who negotiated the truth with the gangs.
Speaker 3: This is me.
Speaker 2: But y'all don't see none of this yet. Then I fly back to my country. This is clef Then I fly back to Washington.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Anybody who's watching this, it ain't hard. You could google this. I'm in front of Congress and I'm talking about Look, y'all need to yet a bill passed. It's called a textile bill. This bill help brought back textile and manufactured of my country. While I'm doing all of this, y'all don't see any of this. This ain't promoted. The only thing y'all saw was y Cleve Jean, Yola Haiti scandal. Y Cleve jen run for president?
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: The only thing is this. I'm a garvyiit just the part of me that people don't know. I'm a Marcus garvyit and what that means is at the end of the day, yeah, niggas see me run. But who told me to run? What made me think I could run? No one know. I sat with Nelson, Mandela, Me and Mandela. We had the conversation eye to eye like we have in this conversation. I had a few questions for Mandela. It was only three people in the room, Me, Mandela, and my cousin Jerry Wonder, So for me, this was important information. After that, I flew and sat with Harry Belafonte. I spoke to Harry. Harry told me this is how they're gonna get you, and this is what's gonna happen to you, and if you're able to handle this, you're gonna be okay. So at the end of the day, now I run for president of my country. And then they said I gotta be in a country five years, right, But beat this right, They told you the legibility is five years. But if I ask anyone who's listening right now, what the hell does the Haitian constitution say? Nobody knows. So you call that Western propaganda. So it's propaganda that's given on the other side to fool you over on this side. Because on this side we come here, we study black history. We know who our forefathers, well, we know who George Washington is. But if I tell somebody, yo, who's two sons lover with your who's jack this on it? So how would you come up with a law and tell me I gotta live in a country for five years when I already had a diplomatic passport. So why didn't I contest it? Why did not raise my finger? And I'm not no ordinary dude. I bought Minister farra khon to Haiti to Sain't no ordinary guys?
Speaker 3: Who's speaking to you?
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, Bill Clinton, who's listening to the show right now? I'm getting off of Air Force one. I'm getting off of Air Force one with Bill Clinton as a youngster. So I'm not no ordinary dude at the end of the day. Though they had to block me. The reason why they blocked me is because they didn't see me as a capitalist, even though I am a capitalist. They saw me as a populist, somebody that's going to be for the people.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying to you.
Speaker 2: So that's the bottom line, and that's how I went down. But look, at the end of the day, I could have raised my pinky and the country with a turned red. I didn't do that because I didn't want the youth to fight over me. Because at the end of the day was bigger than me. It was about Haiti. So we helped get Sweet Mickey elected. So my party, my party back was my party, Dicky Mickey Sweet it was.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was, it was, it was, it was.
Speaker 2: It was Sweet Mickey aka Michelle Michelle Martin Lee. So at the end of the day, that crew raised me to a point. So I backed him up and at the end of the day we all got together. He became the president. After him, it's another president that's young. All I wanted to do my job is accomplish what I wanted to do. Before I ran, we had an old regime.
Speaker 3: Dog.
Speaker 2: Everything was over sixty five, seventy years old. There was controlling a country. There was controlling for country for over seventy eighty years. I broke the cycle and that was the mission that I wanted to do.
Speaker 3: So Cleft, I know, I know because I know you so many years, and I know you for being rich for every year.
Speaker 25: And then these people they say, oh, well, wow, Cleft took from there, and I said, not, Cleft ain't taken from ship. This is me defending you from the outside looking in because I know you, I know your personal lifestyle and.
Speaker 2: How many years I said, what what you told me?
Speaker 11: That this is whatever?
Speaker 1: They said that they they said that you stole from the campaign? How what was I like, Sonny keep.
Speaker 2: It said, got it wrong, and it's going on with this white.
Speaker 1: Cleft and I said it on the podcast. But I just want, I just want you to shut all the haters down.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 2: Well, I think I think, first of all, it's an insult to say I stole sixteen First of all, it's an insult. First of all, it's an insult to say that's what that I would steal sixteen million, right, at least say I would steal one billion. This is a complete insult because sixty million, it were equal to the artwork and a few cars.
Speaker 3: In the That's the truth to That's the truth, right about it.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell him right. Sometimes you tell him right. You feel me sometimes for some of the Yeah, but yo, at the end of the day, though, think about this, though, anyone who's really paying attention, like what part of their history you want to know? I mean, j Edgar Hoover set up the FBI for Look, Marcus Garvey was infiltrated. They came in and said everything They said I did. They said Marcus Garvey did. At the time, Marcus Garvey people wasn't that strong. Marcus Garvey got deported and Obama just pardoned Marcus Garvey. I'll even give you something crazier. Think about the nub A CP Martin Luther King. They said Martin Luther King was stealing personal funds to basically take care of his family. Then they had to retract this story. My question for y'all is when they're telling y'all Y cleft stole and then yeah, yeah, but at the same time, right, let me take it to a level of legislation because we smart people. So if you basically says I took something, I'm going to have my CEO now write a piece of paper which is a rebuttal to show where all of the money went. Why nobody printed that up when we did the rebuttal. Why didn't y'all print up the rebuttal? Because at the end of the day, it's real simple. Long before I was born, it was set up that NGOs would come to my country and when they can't make no money nowhere else, you know what I mean, a due what a local job would be making thirty forty thousand dollars a month while my people is living on less than eighty percent, you know. And I didn't want to start a charity. I started in NGO and NGO non governmental organization.
Speaker 3: We was moving like an organization.
Speaker 2: This was a threat to everybody, including the Red Cross, including everyone else. And what's funny is I've worked with the Red Cross, I've worked with different people. But why is it if you google the Red Cross right now and say how many houses y'all put in Haiti? Y'all going to see five houses? They raised billions? What happened with the Clinton Foundation got me anything? But think about this, But think about that. But once again, why Clef Young was a patsy? Only different niggas couldn't gun me down because to gun me down, you gotta get my people to gun me down. That's the only way it's gonna make sense. You did it to Malcolm X, so you would have to have my own and I'm in my country gun me down. You can't justify by that. Ain't nobody gunning me down where I come from, expect, But.
Speaker 3: I still want to know.
Speaker 2: Do you think that Plinn Foundation did their job in then?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: I think that to your point that I did the tour of the houses, the model houses, and none of that was building. Once again, I think that a lot of the money that went to Haiti through the relief fund is a disaster. It's the same thing that disaster, the same thing that happened and control.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry, sorry to cut you off, but can you just explain to the people because me personally, I know that you don't need me personally.
Speaker 3: When they said I cant to anything, I know you personally. I know how you ball. I know how you don't need this money. I know that, But how do you like address these people who think.
Speaker 2: That, Well, the first thing is anyone who thinks that you have to go facts right, So the only thing is look if you if I bring you to the well and you a donkey, that mean you're gonna drink the water. But if you're a giraffe, I can't get mad at you. So those that after at the end of the day, right at the end of the day, I can't force people to believe what they don't believe, right, you feel me At the end of the day, when I'm on Oprah and I tell y'all the story on Oprah when I sit on Oprah's couch when I tell y'all story, right, But once again, what is this another black man defending himself for what?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Because at the end of the day, when you look at it, it's all a distraction for what And I'm going to state it again on your show. First of all, the idea of why Cleff winning a Grammy and putting his Haitian flag around his back and establishing Haitian pride, it is cool?
Speaker 3: Were with you?
Speaker 2: After that? The idea of why Cleft trying to become president and set up a governmental organization where you're not going to sing it. It starts to change, right, And in this process you have to do what's called covert and dude, any everyone that's paying attention, this ain't conspiracy theory, This ain't the Luminati. The bottom line to it is in this room right here, as you do what you do, if they feel like it's an infiltration, they will plant somebody inside of this room. That's just the way that it works. So at the end of the day, it's so important.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: But now Cleft takes this job genre and he wins the presidency will be wa Cleff's first thing to do as president as president of Hey.
Speaker 2: Well, the first thing that we would have to do as president of Haiti. You have a population that's living on less than eighty percent, right, is living on less than a dollar a day. So then you would have to establish what's the wealth right of the country. So then there's two parts of it. What's the richness? Human capital is one? What that mean? Human capital? Human capital is important because whether if we're talking about Haiti, Philly, Compton, everywhere, you got a group of young men that are like Masons, they are workers, they can work like Mexico. What Mexico does. Human capital is one. The second part of it is we call education and education comes in different forms. I ain't talking about just putting up schools. I'm talking about putting up trade schools. And what is it that we have right everything is controlled from air and c So at the end of the day, Haiti used to export coffee. That's what we was known for, coffee and sugar. So at the end of the day, all of this we can What happens is if we come up with a trade policy and we got duty if we got duty free, we come up with a trade policy, then we can work. So the whole thing is I would have to show you what Haiti is willing to trade for you to want to trade with me. It's like if you're on a block and I'm on the block. If you don't have nothing to trade, then ain't really nothing to talk about. So human capital and education is the most important thing. And how do we invest in education? When companies was coming into Haiti after the earthquake, this is what I ran because I said, anybody's coming on corporate interests. Dudes, you want to come in and you want to help, that's no problem. But dudes, we got ten boroughs here. Why don't you put ten universities and put these people to schools because when you leave after the earthquake, they're actually going to have a job and be able to do stuff. These are some of the things.
Speaker 3: I saw that that's the only thing I saw.
Speaker 2: Money go to police.
Speaker 1: What do you think happened to Haiti after what was it the earthquake that happened right here?
Speaker 2: So sostating earth questions? They were stating there there.
Speaker 3: So what do you think was the problem? Message with you would have took.
Speaker 2: If you was the president, the problem is this. It's eighteen oh four, right, eighteen oh four, the Haitians get their independence, the first Black republication. I gotta take you there. I gotta take you there to understand the root of the problem. Eighteen oh four.
Speaker 3: Peep this guard.
Speaker 2: Eighteen oh four. I gotta go on my five percent them over, please me, okay, watch this eighteen oh four. God, in eighteen oh four, we basically was free. We defeated the Napoleon army. What that means the most army at the time, the best army at the time. The Haitians defeated them. They were outgunned. How was they able to do that? Right now, what happens is after they has defeated the Napoleons, the French now put a tax on Haiti. This tax still till today is hurting Haiti.
Speaker 3: And that's why Haiti people speaking.
Speaker 2: The reason why Haitians speak French is because Haiti was occupied it it was by the French, but because they never agreed to be colonized, because they agreed to be free. Some people say Haiti God its independence too early. Some people say that because at the end of the day. So now when you say damn, well, how do we get Haiti back. The way that we get Haiti back is to bring Haiti into the modern world. And the way we bring Haiti into the modern world is through technology. It's through in capital and you got to invest. I'm gonna give you a last example how you bring Haiti back. You have something which is called agrabank, call me agrabank. So you use the soil. At the end of the day, if we plant, that's right. Through agriculture, whether if it's the dr whether if it's Haiti with I it's Jamaica. Through agriculture, you're able to create an environment for people to work, make money and trade.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 7: Yo, Haiti is beautiful, man, I'm telling you when I went, it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: And then in order and we get our only got to be economically and that's the that's the problem over there.
Speaker 7: It's one of the best. Like I went there as a non Haitian and it was beautiful people, beautiful landscape. And then they were telling us like we went into the mountains, that's where all the rich people live and it's the only place where the beachfront is the poorest.
Speaker 2: But let me ask you something though, in California, isn't there a rich place of course, right? And then they but the.
Speaker 3: Beach side it's still high property value.
Speaker 2: That's right, it's high property value. And then when we go into Compton, certain places we see the difference, right, and then those boys in Compton can't really come to the beachfront property value, right. So in Haiti it's the same way. So you have places called by that's right. So then what is that telling us? It's not really a hated thing. This is a this is a world thing. Weather. We love Brazil, whether we go to Brazil to the fulvelas, we don't see the same thing. So my thing is this, at the end of the day, if we want to have a real talk about like hold up, man, from now on, man, let's just be careful who we let the mayor be, and let's be careful who we let the governor be. Just be careful, like really really take that, because they the ones that is gonna really care about your environment.
Speaker 3: Walk up political.
Speaker 26: Yeah, we need to get.
Speaker 3: You know, you gotta get.
Speaker 2: I got y'all, man, it took me dark and you want broke off.
Speaker 24: Fine, I'm so sorry to ask question. Laura Hill, Baby not your baby. That's what they told me about.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry. That's not sorry. You can do it. Yeah, a fake media right.
Speaker 2: Now so your media my friends.
Speaker 16: Yeah, and not with n you film this fil now I'm making this a salt little Sarah.
Speaker 1: Some uk.
Speaker 3: Yeah hard that drinks. We're catching the five.
Speaker 15: And that's got to try. If I was president outside that day.
Speaker 3: By done some day then Monday, body egles back. It's just though. And every day.
Speaker 2: On my way to the airport they stopped me. It's not this gonna smelled something funny.
Speaker 3: I am my backpack. I told mister German Shepherd, I know sniff no cocaine ever been Shepherd. I don't need no ecstasy. No, no, no, no, mister German Shepherd Sheper.
Speaker 7: You do the.
Speaker 17: Bitch, lock me up, bitchnock him up, bitch as I smoke my marrow, smoking my maman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, different from there. If I was president day, I get elected on Friday, Saturday on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Might be on Sunday. If my month president, I'll be on Monday. As who you want to Wednesday, I was president.
Speaker 24: Wow on Thursday, it's like you on Friday, there was a wal cliff On Saturday.
Speaker 3: President president.
Speaker 15: If I was president, day I will was the presenting.
Speaker 3: Class. Let's take someday.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you know, Cleff, You've always been an inspiration to hood niggas because one everybody.
Speaker 3: But one thing Nigga's hood niggas.
Speaker 1: We made it.
Speaker 3: We made it and we knew he made it before. And Walk Cleff for coming down studios and be like, what's up?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Show I used to eat dog.
Speaker 1: In my mind, I thought you said, listen, that's real ship walk Cliff.
Speaker 3: Always he never was scared of anywhere.
Speaker 1: He always came through. And this is the reason why the foogies work. And how how are you in the foogies right now?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, I saw I love. Like I said, everybody's forty something like what kind of beef they could be? Nobody shooting on my mama house. Everybody stingy, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: We sting ray.
Speaker 2: So it's all good for me. The energy is all positive. Like I said, when people talk about drama, man, you're talking about something that happened twenty five years ago that I think everybody that went through their things and we are grown folks now, you know, so we do what we gotta do, man.
Speaker 27: Yeah, yeah, yeah, listen, man, because we got we gotta support my you know wonder Miami by all night, right, what.
Speaker 3: The fucking.
Speaker 18: I'm gotta come out out.
Speaker 3: Your question. It's coming is running from mayor of South Beach.
Speaker 8: Get it.
Speaker 3: He has been arrested seventeen times.
Speaker 18: I don't know.
Speaker 11: It's funny everything I don't even man their.
Speaker 3: Own property on South Beach. Everything he's been telling.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen everything that Jay's e been talking about. Everything we've been talking about today. If you go to Miami, you be in that area and you don't vote for Aconelli, just for one day, even if you don't care for you gonna win or not.
Speaker 3: The thing about it is, this is the only black man that owned property on South Beach. He happened to be from left Rock City.
Speaker 1: But if he was from Flatbush, if he was from Booker Basement, if he's from Ravens Laws.
Speaker 2: From a story and Kindle in the South Bronx.
Speaker 1: He's from one about seven and Jamar he was from one four seven, and War he was from wherever.
Speaker 3: It was another black man owning the business. Got so even if you don't live in Miami.
Speaker 1: This man is really running from Maya, even though you got arrested seventeen times, saying that if you.
Speaker 8: Want no black people might say for the struggle, that's what.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do. We're gonna go out there support I cannell, leave.
Speaker 23: Guy and be more strip cups. Yeah, sure you can't, that's what class. Come on, let's know already.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you some about Listen.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you I can't sleep for two months at one point, and then me and Plumber was in the studio and then walk clup just came and play some ship.
Speaker 3: I believe.
Speaker 28: What Listen, I'll kid you up. Proba, take a piss, bringing the piss. I got to take a piss. You gotta be take a picture for you.
Speaker 3: He wanted to listen to the school sounds of class.
Speaker 2: I take a piss.
Speaker 7: This man.
Speaker 3: Let's go wherever man check it out. I'm gonna do this one for my homies.
Speaker 2: Gone, hey, chide the hammer Dan coming home now threw me all from the changes. Soon the devil pulled the card and he said, youse one. I chose music, my homies choke.
Speaker 3: Some of my balls. Chose the NBA because it's on that block. Man, they gang bang funeral role polers making all that changing.
Speaker 2: Yo. When my cousin got his worst texts, I was playing Jimmy and Tricks in the face. All I wanted to be was a rap star, and all they wanted to be wasn't Escabar Gil Chap going to November. He ain't coming back. I was talking about my homeies. Man, that's so rapp in the trap here from the back. They hit this steal like a hour boy that's hitting on the dollar bill up into the rotten apple, the city of lights. No matter how they shine, they can't steal the knights. Was when the goo s knock knocked, just before your yes written out at your chest, Then you go raise the Google nest. You meta be with them.
Speaker 12: I telerepact. They'd be doing that young when they like when you're up in the trap, you are bucking. They bucking you back in the.
Speaker 3: Middle of muking some iron flat I even do this. My homies gone cut.
Speaker 2: I am a thing. He ain't coming home, no, Nori. We all are from the danger zone. Devine pulled the card and he said, Juice.
Speaker 3: One music my only choicer. Yeah, some of my balls Josie n b and because.
Speaker 2: Also No Man's Gang Bang Funeral Poles making.
Speaker 3: All that change.
Speaker 2: When my cousin got his first tech, I was playing Jimby Hendricksonder this.
Speaker 3: Call I wanted to be was a rock star. Carli wanted to be was an escaby see the stupid this on mouse shot to ear Finn. He bought a new house. You gotta do.
Speaker 8: Hazard is sold.
Speaker 3: You know where. You gotta know. You gotta stop chilling to see you join.
Speaker 1: That was off.
Speaker 3: I got relax, I was off. Wait a little freeze. You gotta relax. I got break the break the break that get to wear this, get to the freeze.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna stopping together. That's you know, for a fact, this is the funnest interview walk in my life.
Speaker 3: Baby. I'm just saying. The Carnival. It is the dirt Carnival.
Speaker 2: Carnival. It is the Dirk Carnival right now, you know what I mean. Everybody who's a fan of Carnival one two, y'all can hit up that pre order. And we also got two new joints. One is called Fella Cootie and the others called the Complicated What Happened to Love? What happened to love. We take you to the barbecue, a group.
Speaker 1: That is.
Speaker 3: To do it for the.
Speaker 2: So we just say fellaw.
Speaker 3: Man, I can't. I can't.
Speaker 29: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Great education. I'm just throwing up. Not even that's amazing. I'm here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't believe anybody love me.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, sorry for.
Speaker 3: The people who love me. All we gotta relax. It's not one not one woman just like.
Speaker 8: You want to listen, listen, rid Of, I need promise.
Speaker 3: Not left laft. I need, I need, I need a working for the woman.
Speaker 1: Okay, because because the woman, the woman sucking me, they'd be like, you're a little cute, but we don't really believe you.
Speaker 2: Come on, make it ready for me for the I'm gonna do a whole tough place.
Speaker 3: Let's go right now.
Speaker 2: Let's noy with that play man official.
Speaker 3: Now what's the dupel? It's why you take a good record and you just add your name to it. Mixes so.
Speaker 11: Mine.
Speaker 3: Listen. I want you to know girl, NOA loves you, little white love my.
Speaker 2: Wife Mary and no man, I tell I would to bear.
Speaker 3: Only to you. I would refuel my hots last to tell the police at home tonight.
Speaker 11: Not that'st it around with you.
Speaker 29: You see you guy, you work the sad room by it this easy kind of that alone is the honey.
Speaker 2: Show a show.
Speaker 3: Come on, let's go.
Speaker 11: Kind I tell me around after the show, I'm every open show, someone's who don't anyone don't tell about.
Speaker 3: Hell and it's facing mass until I let you.
Speaker 2: My point came.
Speaker 3: Said to these guys have.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, said I gotta relax.
Speaker 3: What's that you.
Speaker 8: Got you gotta last got you got.
Speaker 11: You gotta rel you gotta.
Speaker 15: Y Yeah.
Speaker 1: First off, there's a there's a very boss but it's a very secret from me and fun where we we we we actually escaped from where Fat Joe, Puff Daddy and all these people was recording and the.
Speaker 3: Only person that was in the other Studiosribean it was me pun and Climb is coming there and be like damn Caribbean connections. He's coming there check us every night.
Speaker 1: But the thing about it, it was, if I could take anything else back from my career, that part I will never change because he.
Speaker 3: Stood in there. He was the bigger man.
Speaker 2: What I mean, you know big in Jamaican big man, big man big he was.
Speaker 3: He could have been like niggas when he came, he said, Yo, what's up? And that's what you did.
Speaker 2: In Connections.
Speaker 3: It was the same. He brought the studio though, that's brought kind of and then.
Speaker 1: They said, you know why Cliff all that ship. I said, damn, that's that's that's different.
Speaker 2: We all work there.
Speaker 3: He actually bought it. And you know what, I want to big you up because I big you up behind your face.
Speaker 1: Love family, and you know that's great big you up behind your face, but I want to big you up to your face and I want to say that you know, hip hop is the thing that we should continue to do. This what I'm doing right now and saying that we love you for contributed what you did to hip hop. Fucking continuous say staying because you because honest, if I.
Speaker 2: Never came back, it turned out keeping the real.
Speaker 3: So now I realized what you did.
Speaker 2: But back then I would have been like that.
Speaker 3: Niggas say your what clap never came back?
Speaker 2: I say, man, that's it's twenty years later about clip.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm sitting back and now actually representing the culture by mistake.
Speaker 3: But I'm representing the culture, so I'm gonna hold that down. It's not D and D. This is the new dn D. Look at that ship, Look at this, there's more.
Speaker 8: Actually, Yeah, you can't go to the breakfast club and do this.
Speaker 3: You can't go Sey, you can't go anywhere else in the world and doing what we're doing right now. This is.
Speaker 8: My club, brother, And the thing about this is the whole hold hold.
Speaker 1: The thing about this is, let's not ever lose the journey of what we're doing. What we're doing is big enough our artists and today while clip it's one bus and I can't believe because you're blacker than.
Speaker 3: Me, I'm blacking in him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm so black. I'm like akon, we're blue. But you're also more Spanish than me. That's beautiful time, that makes you advocated.
Speaker 1: But that's beautiful. Listen, calm down, everybody. This what makes it beautiful is that we're both on the same element. I'm Puerto Rican, I'm black. You Hatian Haitian And that's all.
Speaker 8: Doubt.
Speaker 3: No, Lie, I've been a couple of year joints. I don't know that everybody.
Speaker 18: Ship.
Speaker 3: I told you, my wife is a big fan this ship. Your wife, listen, don't in that way anyway. Yeah, it's just so listen.
Speaker 2: I don't know because like like he.
Speaker 15: Said, oh man, if y'all won't pay attention, he's a strategist.
Speaker 17: So he saw two hundred and fifty episodes this man that destroyed everybody that came.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 3: I loved a lot of episode this ship. This is the best ship we got, yo.
Speaker 2: Check it out right. So you know when I say like big pump forever, like, that's not just in words. You feel me. So I think like a lot of times because we have the musicality, they forget that, you know, we wordsmith's you know what I mean, and appreciate it. And we appreciate that so definitely. So I leave y'allut with something like bars. You want bars with guitars. Guitar check it out, Relax, you can throw some cub in there. Guitars beat the big fun love you my man. It's the bars over guitars. Yeah, I keep it hot. No, we got me lit on the rock. Yeah, bro, this is how I do this. I came here sipping on some guinness.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 2: My life started out in a small village. I ate dirt from the floor home me no kidding, I ain't had no kitchen Grandma said, pray to Christ this Jesus. Baby Belly had a bag of rice.
Speaker 3: My life started out.
Speaker 2: I was belly too. Papa flew to the States searching for the Golden Goose. No work, papers, offices.
Speaker 3: Rayon on the ground.
Speaker 2: They try to get him. Boy took off like a grayhound his life. He got hunted like a ground hog sting operation in the legal alley in in New York. But like the King, my daddy had a dream. Ten years later, I was sitting up in Brooklyn. What if Martin Luther stayed in the room, never stepped foot in the balcony. What if they had a bulletpoof call instead of a drop top for Kennedy Malcolm exit to speech. What if I sat a monthst of congregation so when the boys can get Tan has a pocket of five shots at the assassin and listen, ain't nothing knowing to the sun. What if I have put blank in Marvin Gaye Father's gun. What if y'all knew the truth before sending your kids to war. I told y'all that man to care about Iraqi, cared about the oil. Now, what if I could go back in time? I'll love Race nine eleven, dip to the Bahamas and put alias luggage in the seven.
Speaker 3: Forty seven in the palace, put all the paparazzi.
Speaker 2: And a slammer, so that way that night they would have never chased Princess Diana. Listen, man, the age stands for out for omega, the bee stands for burial. That's what I'm known to do. The rappers.
Speaker 3: C stands for chance.
Speaker 2: Once you take you guard your ship. DF is a squad nigga. Read my lips, gh General from aighty make my day. Ah stood in my jas in front of act K and for me to take a l It's gonna say, Amen, what's that mother nature with them strong winds? And my piece productions like the Q as in Quincy when he did that thriller Michael Jackson Blue And this is who we are STU abbreviation for the studio are killing in the booth and the V be very care for when you're watching shots the double. You could turn the am that murdered for higher by the window like X, don't ask y, I ain't taking no seats because the clans outside. Why Cliff, I'm with my nigga Nori trust me Freestyle you don't want to chest sweet as I be going to November. I be gone to November. Tell my girl, I be gone to November. Abby, go to November. I be gone to norvembery Ya, you're telling says I'll be gone to November January, February, March, bro Ma, I say you're crying, but girl, I can't stay ibby going to November.
Speaker 3: I be gone to November.
Speaker 2: Carnival three pre orders you already.
Speaker 10: Right now, no, boss, God, real quick before we get out of it, because this is in a sense like Haitian episode.
Speaker 7: Yes, I want to get the people I met in Haiti. Shout out to buddy. Hey, everybody out there.
Speaker 5: Man, I love thank y'all for receiving us well over them at thinks that's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, baby. Okay, we don't get it.
Speaker 2: We don't get enough facts, so tell them Cornif Carnival three, man, this is what happened. Was the nephews meet the uncles. You know what I mean. It's nineteen ninety seven meets twenty seventeen. We put the sonics together and y'all gonna get all that live instrumentation that y'all love against the trap Sonics. What happens when we put that together is called a carnival. Of course we got English on the record. Of course we got Spanish is naturally from Haiti. We got a bit of French on the record, a bit of Crayle. It's hard hip hop influence and at the same time, what is hip hop is the culture. So I never got caught up in the bag of saying it has to sign a certain way. Hip hop is if we could move the world, and that's what we do. So Quincy Jones saw me a word, I'll give it to you. The ship is called Global Gumbo.
Speaker 3: My niggas.
Speaker 2: Beside in September, baby September. But the preorders is up now.
Speaker 3: Quincy joneses, Yeah, that's my man.
Speaker 2: You feel meal, big guy.
Speaker 3: I feel that my life is he met for like the day one degree of separation and then I let that out, like.
Speaker 2: Yo, Nori, man, I really hope you know how you influence a culture, man, Like it's important. I mean, you talk about me, but it's just important, like so the world understand, like people like why Clef, you know, people like Puffy, people like jay Z, people like nas. I'm just saying, like, Nori, you're grind from the get go Fat Joe Pun. It's important because you you would be that.
Speaker 3: Guy in that room.
Speaker 2: But you know what I mean, like what you're doing today was obvious, like you would be a leader. So it would be great, you know, to see people like Tupac. He would have transformed to that spot. You know, like you're straight up You're straight up a leader.
Speaker 3: Dog.
Speaker 2: We back you up one hundred percent, and I can't after this. It's downhill from here with every other a show in the world.
Speaker 11: You got what you.
Speaker 15: Pull me out?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, he said, I'm just finance.
Speaker 2: Who's holding us up?
Speaker 1: The teacher?
Speaker 3: Get your shot, just like like.
Speaker 6: On the Running.
Speaker 29: Shop.
Speaker 3: Listen, listen, I don't want why did you about my tripping and my trippers?
Speaker 8: You get what.
Speaker 6: You playing about?
Speaker 2: You know, gets.
Speaker 3: Like that for the ground, you know, to relax. You know he's gonna take the strings. I'm gonna bill looking. Listen. You know s I don't like I said, I don't be out all these ships you do.
Speaker 2: But I'm playing when I mean I love you. I wish I have to be I can't afford it.
Speaker 3: But listen, what I'm saying that what you do is what you do you ain't. I'm fucking imitating nobody else. And this is why your ship is so successful.
Speaker 2: This is why you are who you are.
Speaker 6: You know me parents, That's why why crazy?
Speaker 2: What you want to know about the foodies?
Speaker 3: Baby? Nothing but loves already know we we we we all about you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: The fogie was walking.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't get drop telling me.
Speaker 15: Get to listen and say something later, ye.
Speaker 3: Yelling one?
Speaker 6: They all know ya.
Speaker 26: Who's who's the goddess rapper in here right now? Somebody that's.
Speaker 18: Going to take a picture where some of my niggas name gang baby cur do you need you no name?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 7: Blame really a pretty black's.
Speaker 3: L like, oh oh ge you pick on me at a SOMEWHERELD.
Speaker 2: We got to take the picture of the.
Speaker 3: Howl?
Speaker 12: Yes, what is you know?
Speaker 3: You know you think young a.
Speaker 6: Right way an night?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 6: Come on right?
Speaker 2: Where was Blanco?
Speaker 5: You know I