Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, we're back, but black, we're brown ambition. Hey Mara, hey you have a different background.
Speaker 2: What's going on? Oh, I'm at my mom's house.
Speaker 1: House, Mama, mandra Oh.
Speaker 2: Mama's good. Yeah, we came here. We had like a many little family reunion because I haven't seen my siblings all together since last year. So it's been nice. It's been nice a couple. It's just yeah, you think with all these adults and a toddler it would be a little less stressful. But I feel like because we're in a new place, Rio is just like stuck to me like glue. But I know he was not happy when my mom was like, Mama has to go to work. He's mad.
Speaker 1: And does you have a new nephew too? Write don't you like a new nephew and niece?
Speaker 2: No, I know it came up though. My little brother's like, yeah, I don't know if I want to have kids. My sister's already not. She has three dogs, and you know her and her husband are not having children. They've decided for many years now. I'm just like, I'm I just going to be trapped here. The only one someone might be only one, no, no one else can to join the misery. No, I'm kidding, just like, yeah, make your own choices.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: I got no argument for it, going for it like it's yeah, it's crazy expensive and very stressful, but yeah, go live your go live your fabulous lives.
Speaker 1: Oh, I have some rando good news. So, as you know, my book get good money. It's been like a year old. It's sold like one hundred and sixty five thousand copies, which is great, but the other week, so I've been averaging about eight hundred or so sales, seven to eight hundred or so sales a week for the last maybe like two months or so, and then I had this big spike because I'm a psycho, and I check my book sales every week because like most author like for example, if you signed with Penguin like I have, you get something called the Author Portal. But almost every major publisher has some sort of portal where authors can log in and see their numbers. So I checked like every week and I saw that I had doubled in sales. It was like fifteen hundred sales. And I was like, why, poor quet, And because you know that's not nothing had happened. So I looked on my social to see that I did logan my content manager posts anything that really went crazy, and I said, no, our usual. I had been on this podcast called Millennial Money with Grants Sabateur said Bader, I'm sorry, Grant, I always say your name wrong. But you know, like I was like, okay, but you know, like it's people anyway, keep going.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So I was like, I don't think that's it. Something in my gut said it's social media. But I couldn't figure out because I'm like, if it was social media, wouldn't I be tagged like crazy in this thing, you know? But something said this is social media because no email had gone out nothing. So I waited and someone taged me something random on Twitter and it was like, oh, Tiffy, you should watch this. This young woman is really into like self care. But the girl looked like twenty two. I'm like, well she knows about self care. So I didn't watch it. And then yesterday two people tagged me and say, oh my god, Tiffany, she did this woman, this young woman, d Asia, she did a view of a review of your book. And I was like, oh, that's the self care girl. Oh that's why she was tagging me on Twitter, like one person tagged me because I don't go on on TikTok. So she did this review of my book on TikTok. And when I'm not gonna lie, Mandy say if you we're going, we're gonna give Daja a little shout out because if you won't do a review, this is the way you do a review. It was textbook perfect review. Her name is d Asia. Literally the number D the letter D than the word Asia A s I A and say so s a y s so so d A s A I A s a y sso so Deja say so. Go to Daja's say so and click on how she did that book review. If you are an influencer, if you are you know, a content creator, and you wanted to work with brands or whatever, that is the perfect I had never literally it is so well done. Deja just for context, has about twenty thousand followers on TikTok. That review has one hundred and thirty thousand views, so, because that's how what she did it, it's got over two hundred or something so comments and she's commenting. And then because Desa is a smarty pants, she made sure to put the link in her bio, so if you bought the book, you know, it was like an an Amazon affiliate link for her. So people purchased the book and they use her affiliate link right. So, but it was so well done. So, I mean, Desa, I didn't even get a chance because I message her on Instagram so we could connect because I think originally she's from Jersey, so I don't know her personally. She just bought the book. She says something like, y'all, I have a roth Ira. Do you understand she holds the book. This book right here was so helpful, she explains how. Then she does a freeze frame of one of the pages in the book and says, read this passage right here. This is an example of how easy it is to read this book, I mean perfection. That sixty second video generated about seven or eight hundred book sales. Do you understand she sold eight hundred books with her video, And so I just so I understand book talk. So I was just talking to my publisher at my public Well yeah, my publisher like at Penguin. Her name is Marnie, the big publisher over there, the big editor over there. And then my agent Heather, because I was talking about like potentially upcoming books and things, and I was telling them that, and she was. Marnie was telling me that, yes, book talk has been responsible for upwards of a fifty percent uptick in sales of books overall, especially for the young adult market in girls. That there are books that were not no longer in print because they weren't selling anymore, that have sold millions of copies because some young girl thinks the book is amazing, talks about it on her Twitter, on her TikTok, and then it just blows up with sales. And so I just share all that to say. So they're trying to figure out how do they how do they capitalize on that, because, like I said, it's not about finding like this creator with hundreds of thousands of followers, because that might not be it. Diasia has twenty thousand followers. It's not that, you know what I mean, It's not necessarily that you have to have a ton of followers. It's that something about the way you describe the book makes people want to get it, and so it clearly was shared over and over. So one I want to shout to you, Daz y'all told her like when are you in Jersey next? How you lunch? And so she actually because she lives in like Boston and so she's actually coming to Jersey in a couple of weeks, so hopefully we can meet up. So I just want to thank that young sister because she that was just like so awesome and yeah, just like some I probably should have said that for brown Booth, but job, I just had to get her her shout out because I don't think, you know, it wasn't intentional. She doesn't know me, she's not want to sell books for me.
Speaker 2: Well it worked, you know, like with marketing, there's no way to like, you know, I prefer it's exciting when these little moments happened because you don't one. It's like you can't plan it. Obviously, your book is great, and I think that's the most important thing. You wrote a good book, Like that's how you replicate it. Have great books and have a great you know, content because like the people who get excited about it. That's the power of being an influencer, like a micro influencer and TikTok's algorithm. Baby, when it takes.
Speaker 1: All a girl, I was like what, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't sleep on TikTok. Is that why all of a sudden you were liking my videos? You got excited, you got on TikTok.
Speaker 1: I had long I know, beause someone had like you know, someone when they tagged me. So I went to TikTok and then when I opened it, you popped up. I was like, oh, this is cute. Oh this is cute manding. So I was just in there anyway, So I was like, let me get made some love while I'm in here. This is my once a year TikTok pilgrimage. And then like so yeah, but if anybody's on TikTok and they want to do a review, cheah, let me know. I'm taking TikTok reviews. Yeah, even although I'm not in TikTok. But yeah, I just thought that that was really awesome and just like and honestly, what I love is that in general, what we're seeing is that the powers really in the hand of the people. So like the powers that be don't get to decide what's good or bad. We get to decide. And so that's just an example of that that like if you have a book in you or whatever product or service that if you can get it in the hands of actual people and make sure that it's helpful and useful, then you know you can do well. Even if someone says, you know, we don't want you, It's like, yeah, you might not want me gatekeeper, but the people want me yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's it's completely making the access to these titles so much more easy, Like you know, Oprah's Book Club, I feel like almost is it's I don't know, it's how our moms found out what books to read. And it feels like, you know, hashtag book talk is amazing and I love following it because it's the sweetest, most like passionate nerds. And I say that with so much love. Yes, And my favorite ones are when they have they're like at a bookstore and it's all and it's usually women working at the bookstores and they're like, and it's just someone who's saying, you know, go grab me the last book that made you have a good cry, Go grab me the book that made you want to call a friend immediately, and like the joy that they have and sharing books and considering the fact that isn't the phone supposed to be killing you know, the industry.
Speaker 1: It's literally that it's not.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely and it's almost like to our own detriment. You know, if you're trying to write a traditionally published book, do you overlook the power of platforms to amplify So that's really exciting and yeah, shout out to Deja just say so. Yes, thanks said so and it was so.
Speaker 1: Well speaking of the power of like social media on personal finance. Turning it around to girl this crypto chat, are you do you invest in crypto? Nope, I have a li little bit, not much, like you know, maybe a few thousand dollars invested in them in crypto. But apparently you are in the minority of minorities because black folks.
Speaker 2: Take my black card. It's been threatened many times.
Speaker 1: We over index apparently on in crypto into.
Speaker 2: A disturbing level. Yeah, to a disturbing level. Well, the reason I think we're talking about it is there is these headlines about I mean, obviously the stock market has been just in the trash can for a long time quite a minute now, but crypto especially like there's actually a study by the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas. They're like a big deal. Okay, when they do studies, it matters, and one of these stats that they found, one of these pieces of data they found really disturbed me. And I think, of course, I feel like you had to have them living under a rock if you didn't get any kind of crypto content as a black person in America over the past couple of years. And I knew it was increasingly popular in all of that, but black investors are more likely to have crypto than stocks or each funds. When did we get to that level of what happened? And I'm like, damn it, we missed some steps in between, y'all. We missed some very important building blocks in between. And it sucks because it's almost like it's not like crypto's meant to be a predatory and you know, financial product. But no, I feel like it just shows when knowledge what knowledge? The difference between knowledge and education. For in my mind, you know, we learned a thing about a thing, learned a crypto and how it existed, but like the holistic.
Speaker 1: Education, yes, wasn't there.
Speaker 2: And so it just kills me because I mean, how many people thought I'm building wealth and I'm taking some you know, steps toward breaking generational poverty and all that only to be like, oh crap, what have I done?
Speaker 1: And I think that's why we over index because we're so far behind in like the wealth, you know, because of that wealth gap. So I think a lot of folks and I understand. I thought that this would be a way to close that gap more quickly because I never saw people talk about investing more than the last few years. In like the black community, it has exploded to talk about investing has exploded, and I have been trying to caution people that you ought to invest, but it is you don't neglect the foundational financial steps, you know. It's one of the reasons, honestly why I wrote gig it was money because I was like, you know, do you have your budget? I know it's not sexy. Are you saving saving?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Are you in control of your debt? How's your credit looking? Do you know how to earn? Because once you have this foundational things, then you can invest in a way that, yes, you could take some risks over here, but you can invest in a way that is more likely to return a solid return. And then with like a percentage maybe five percent of your portfolio, you're a little bit more risky, maybe more if you're a little bit younger, but I think that that's what we saw. Like one of my one of my go to folks that I listened to, Ian Dunlap of the Masterstor. He's on one of our other podcasts, favorite podcasts that we'd like to listen to, Earn your Leisure. Well they have too. They have Earn your Leisure and they have Earn your Leisure Market Mondays, So he does market Mondays. He's just like super smart and intelligent when it comes to the market, and you would think, you know, he's a young brother, and he would always say he was like, you know, light on crypto because he was like ultimately, he was like, you're seeing all these people talk about it because it's sexy. I'm here to talk about the investing fundamentals, and I'm not convinced that crypto is not it's not still wildly swinging yet. This was this was before when crypto was doing really well. He was like, yeah, but the market has over one hundred years in the game, so you know, and so but folks, you know, we're listening to the pop up new financial educators who just came to market, who you know, just learned crypto, and it just.
Speaker 2: Makes me think about how we have food deserts and black communities and all you can get is like the corner store with the junk food and the process shit and you know, and maybe there's a couple of like healthy items there, but the quality of the information is so not great by the times, by the time it gets to our neighborhoods or wherever we live. And that's what I feel. This is indicative of indicative of too. You know, we should be able. We need the whole foods of financial advice. We deserve that, you know, like there should be the fun sprinkles, but there also should be the substance, you know, like you have the good quality stuff. And for me, that's that basic, you know, core investing information so that you're not over indexing on that junk. You know.
Speaker 1: So we have Brenna Bishop baby in our Q and A yes, that's why you are here listening. You know, you get the whole meal. Were not just snacks up in here. We might look like a snack, but we serve at home wheels up in here.
Speaker 2: I don't think we've ever talked about crypto and on this show, because I know there's been like dips in the past too, And I think for a hot minute I did own like a tiny, tiny bit of bitcoin. But it's just anyway, and I think we've only ever discussed in the context that I think it deserves to be discussed in, which is like, this is a new territory. It's you know, it's an untested, new you know asset. What what even is it? And and and the reasons I think people were drawn to it. It's like, oh, it's and there's that lack of fundamental trust in the banking sector. I think it just black households in general, and crypto felt like that alternative. It felt like something that could be ours and didn't have like you know that like that that that baggage that came with it. But the fact that some people are treating crypto like a like a like a savings account, like it's supposed to be safe, yeah, from the effects of stock market crashes and a recession, like recession proof investment.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, I don't know where that can.
Speaker 2: We blame Paris Hilton or Matt Damon Is it there for? Like I don't know, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, you know, because I read about the case, I thought that I think at first well, crypto first first came about, like the underbelly of crypto was like, so people could do a legal activity. They could do bad things with bad people, so you can sell drugs, you could do things and not get caught, you know. But then like when traditional kind of investors type started to latch on, what I was hearing from them that crypto is a hedge against around recessions. So as the traditional money goes down in value, and well really not over hedge against recession, more sure, a hedge against inflation. That like, as traditional money loses its value, crypto, because it's not tied to like a country or a place or government, crypto should remain solid. But what we see is that like you know, like that's not true that all things are linked. So the dollar bill is you know, like what is our inflation right now? Like eight point something percent. Crypto has lost about fifty percent of its value, if not more, for some cost.
Speaker 2: Unsusceptible to the emotions that drive stock market crashes any other asset. I don't understand. How was it not supposed to be impacted behind like market forces? How it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: Well, now we know we knew natcha.
Speaker 2: This is the test that we've been waiting for. You know, what's going to happen with bitcoin again? I think back to my like really annoying econ professor from college and his Hawaiian T shirts who I'm sure or his Hawaiian shirts, who would love this? Like this grand economic experiment that we're in right now, Like what will happen? So just more data? But this is going to be a hot I mean July, y'all girl, like summer time. Everyone's checking out. This is Can we check out?
Speaker 1: Can we talk about what our friend Kevin Matthews he's building bread on Instagram. He has this great post that basically breaks down the four core dates in July that in the caption, yes, oh yeah, mark your calendars. Okay, So first July eighth, it's the unemployment report we get to see is it going up? Is it going down? Is it better? Is it worse? That comes out July eighth? Mark your calendars? So what comes next?
Speaker 2: Me? Sorry, I guys have that. Mom. I'm sorry, she's like, because it's okay for me to take Brio to the park. Yes, take him? My bad? What'd you ask me? So?
Speaker 1: Like I said, so July eighth, the Unemployment report comes out. So this is a report that's going to help to dictate whether or not, you know, unemployment is getting better, it's getting worse. What industries are getting better and worse? So that comes out July eighth.
Speaker 2: July eighth, Yeah, I think everyone will have their eyes on it. Unemployment is still really really low. It's like a three point six percent, So if it's starting to go up as it has in the past month, and yeah, that will be a huge indicator that things are not looking good for us. After that, what does keV have? July eighteenth, Google Google stock split. Another day, another stock split, but this time it's Google.
Speaker 1: Yep, twenty to one stock split. Uh, not that I've ever remember, Well, I haven't been investing for like, I mean, probably the last ten years, Not that I remember. Maybe I'm sure they've done what FO but not that since I've been an investor. But it's going to be a twenty to one stock split. So means if you have one chair, you now will have twenty shares that add up to the one chair that you had before. What I have seen with so many stock splits, well, we're going through a crazy time right now. Anyway that there's an initial drop even after the stock split, and then like you know, you hope it starts to climb up. I mean, Google's kind of a goliath, so you know, I mean, I still think it's a solid investment. I'm not giveing you investment advice, but it's a solid investment. But I don't know I would buy right after the initial stocksplit just because they're usually a dip and then you know, they get to make the stallion needs to come back up eventually, so you might want to start buying on the rise that selling. That's July eighteenth, marker calendars. July twenty fifth, earning season starts, so for those who don't know, earning season is when the like folks, who I mean people will start to report their earning. So big companies, like big you know, companies that are you know, publicly traded will start to report their earnings. And especially if you get dividends, meaning like if you are invested in a company that per stock will yield you know, a dollar per stock fifty cents or whatever, you'll start to know what that is. So earning seasons will that will they'll start to report out so people either get excited or depressed or buy more or less. But that's you will get like that will start to be reported out July twenty fifth, So that's huge, So you want to mark your calendars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that sort of ties into the next, you know, big date in July, which is July twenty eighth. I didn't know this was any big deal or any big holiday until Kevin points it out, pointed this out. But y'all, we've talked about this in past episodes too, sort of like who decides if we're in a recession or not? And what does it take to be in a recession? And one of the key key if you break it down that the main definition is a couple of two quarters in a row of a decline in gross domestic product, so a decline in what the US is producing and how much money we're making as a country. And July twenty eighth is when the agency National Bureau of Economic what is it and NYBER Economic Research when they basically come out and they'll say, okay, based on these earnings that we're seeing the GDP of the country, you know, has it been two quarters of a decline? Okay? Ring the alarm it's recession time maybe, so it's you know, I would argue that whether or not they ring any bell when there's a recession coming, like, you should still be taking steps now, like every day I think throughout our you know, just basic and financial good practices are to you know, keep your debt low, keep a plan for paying down your debt, keep a plan for saving and investing, you know, keep your emergency funds on the side, so you're always ready for a recession. But yeah, we'll see what happens. It's like winter is coming, I.
Speaker 1: Know, so like yeah, so that twenty eighth, it'll yeah, it'll be official, official, official. Now it's different from last time because remember we entered into our session during COVID, but it was such a quick turnaround. I don't believe if we enter into too a recession that that's what's going to happen, because the jump jumped up so much it was almost an unnatural So what we're seeing, if you ask me, is kind of like a course correction from all that growth. And so yeah, so Gurja Loins, you know, we might be in for kind of like a bumpy you know, kind of a bumpy ride. You know, we've lived through it before, and that's recessions are quite are quite cyclical, so you know, they come and they go. And I think a depression is I believe it's it's is it six months of I think that's what a depression is. Like, I think it's like six months like of GDP, like you know, on the decline, and you know, the last depression was the Great Depression. Something else that Kevin shared that I thought that was like, Oh, you're right. In the comments is July thirteenth, we'll get the latest inflation numbers. So before all the shenanigans, I remember, inflation for the longest time hovered around three percent. Now we're over eight percent, so we'll see where we are now now. Something actually, my mentee Eacy just texts me today that I thought was really interesting. She said that she's like, can you take a look at this? So a financial person that she like follows was like, here's the thing that we are as a country. Are we losing our top world world status status? You know, meaning typically after one hundred years this happened where you know, at one point it was Germany, that France, you know, Rome, and so like, are we really just seeing like this is like the beginning of the decline of US being like the number one world power. Maybe maybe China is up next, maybe Japan is up next, and maybe so because you know, if we look at what history tells us, you know that we're in the final stages of that they call thee hundred year Empire, So like every hundred years a new empire becomes becomes like the number one empire. Like obviously, like look at Europe, they're still here, you know, look at those countries that I mentioned before, they're still here, but they're not you know, the United States for a long time has been number one people. We were at the gold standard as far as like money and the dollar, and so maybe you were at the we're slowly but surely at the end of that. And I don't know, but you know, if that's so, you know, maybe you know it might be in another you know, twenty or ten years before that actually happens. But no one stays up forever, you know. So yeah, like you know.
Speaker 2: It doesn't feel like the number one place to live.
Speaker 1: Not know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think like a lot of people these like listening, I'm here in Saint Louis, which is, you know, not the best place to be in general, but yeah, in this neighborhood, just all these fireworks going off and all the excitement. I'm like, well, what for exactly? I mean, there still no birthday property.
Speaker 1: You know, you're active in school and your mom's like, nope're day party. You're like, what, Yeah, you've been acting a USA. No birthday party for you.
Speaker 2: I mean people, you do put the US on a pedestal, But no, I don't think that. I think for a long time we've seen how untrue it is that we have everything right and that's okay. I think honestly, people are more driven to fight back and to want to fix things when we are not all underneath, Like we're not operating under this false belief that everything is perfect and things are rosy and why do anything things you're fine. I think we're seeing that things are not fine. So hopefully that will like drive people to actually do something. But this month, like if the let's do worst case scenario, because sometimes it makes me feel better just to look at the scary thing worst case scenario. We are gonna officially be considered a recession at the end of July, and then what happens, markets will probably go a little haywarm, as they already have done. I think we can absolutely expect more layoffs to come. We've seen some layoffs here and there. I mean, layoffs are always happening, but of course during times like this there's extra scrutiny. But I think we'll definitely see more layoffs. What I think happens too is there's a there's an important psychological impact of being told okay, it's a recession. Yeah, And not just that, but for other for business leaders to see other business leaders choosing to cut costs and reduce you know, labor, then maybe they're more likely to make a similar decision themselves. But I have to say I was at it. I was at a wedding this weekend with an old buddy of mine who is just a brilliant, a brilliant sort of investing analyst, and he was saying, how, you know, in some of the trends that he's seeing, some companies are choosing rather maybe they would cut, maybe they would reduce costs. Obviously they would if they if they cut some jobs now, but that there's still this feeling that when they want to rehire it's going to be so damn hard to find people because the labor it is still pretty tight, that they'd rather just waste, not waste, but rather lose the money by keeping staff on and crite it out than having to put the put the resources into like recruiting down the line. And for him to say that, I was just like, yes, and there's not always black and white, and especially for folks who are you know, concerned, what does this mean for my career prospects and all of that. I still think there will be opportunities for you know that top talent and top talent within companies now. But you know it's not all in our control at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, I know it's a heavy lot that we put on y'all, but.
Speaker 2: It is Asia. Maybe Desia should post yay America on TikTok and then people would people will start.
Speaker 1: Right, Can you can you you know, do a TikTok so we could turn things around to talk.
Speaker 2: For the s m P. Five hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I'll say this so if you haven't listened already, well before we take our break. If you haven't listened already, keep listening here, but go back to our last b a q A because if you're like, how do I even prepare for a recession? We got you. We answer that question super thoroughly so you can you know if you don't know, Every Friday we have a b a q A and we answer that question there so you can dive deep and start to prepare.
Speaker 2: So all right, what should we take a quick breaking break and come back to break?
Speaker 1: Yes we should. Now it's time for boost break up, boost break, booz.
Speaker 2: Break?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna booze? Are you gonna break?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna Are you gonna break? What you gonna do? Okay? Boosty breaking time? So mandra are you gonna boost? Are you gonna break?
Speaker 2: Permission to break? Please?
Speaker 1: Yes? Permission? Granted I was gonna say we've been boosted alive because it's been dork times down here, but you know.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's okay not to be Okaylado said, Oh I liked that. Yes, yeah, So what I have not been okay with is and I won't name names because you know, I'm out here trying to get these influencer dollars in these streets. But my business bank account that I chose last summer, I did my research, I wanted to find a bank that had low fees and online only experience was relatively well reviewed, and my top choice at the time was no longer accepting new applications because they were kind of startup anyway. So went with this one particular bank. And it's been a year and it's such a pain in the butt to switch banks, but I had to do it because I think it's so important. Obviously to have digital only experiences is wonderful because they tend to give you as a bank will give you higher returns, like higher rates on your savings and checking, and they don't charge those fees. You know. I was a new business owner. I didn't know how much money I was going to have on my account, so I didn't want to immediately get an account that was like, you know, twenty five dollars a month unless you have this minimum deposit or this many you know, transaction actions a month or whatnot. So I chose this bank, and the online experience is so shite, so horrible. I was sick of it, like always had and like having to change my password every couple of months, and then not only that, but I was supposed to be given a relationship manager, someone who had a name who I could reach out to. Shout out to Chris, who I don't even know if you exist or not, never took my phone calls, like and I got locked out of my account and I wasn't able to pay a vendor or sorry pay it, like yeah, pay someone that was helping me on a project. And it was just such a hot mess. So I swallowed my pride because I thought I made the right decision. And I was like, let me go find a better bank account and let me be really specific and actually see if I can get like a preview of their system and like see the back end. And I am excited. I found a different bank. I'm only a weekend, so I'm not about to endorse any new bank. But the way that I had to the list of things that I had to update, I went on my Trello. Do you use Trello?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 2: I love Trello. I just made myself a Trello card. And for anyone who's who's dealing with the shitty bank and you know you want to choose, you know you want to leave, and you know that you should leave, just take it from me. Just list out all the accounts that you need to update and just you know, take a couple hours and just get it done. My peace of mind has returned. I'm so happy that I voted with my dollars and like taken money away from a really terrible experience. So yeah, break to bad customer support and a boost to the ones who were doing it right, and shut it to my new bank. I'll let you guys know another year whether or not I made the right choice.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to keep the I'm trying to think I had a break, but I was just like yeah, So instead, I'm going to just keep the gig or money trained going. I just hit fourth four thousand reviews on Amazon, which is like, I see, I can't even believe. I'm not gonna lie. I'm like, yes, it is a lot. And what's so crazy is of the four thousand reviews, three thousand, nine hundred and eighty four or five star reviews And that makes only days I know, only stem unheard of even I'm like, damn, did I body's not. Oh, but I'm just like that's crazy. Only sixteen of the four thousand are not a five star. Yeah, it really is, And I just have to say, like I have like a I don't know if I can say so, but we have something coming up for Gegor. That's why I was meeting with my publisher and my agent today to help extend and beyond what I've done already. So I'm excited for what that looks like. But yeah, it just you know what it does. It makes me feel really good because this is what I intended. So you know, like you know, May's writing a book, but this is for anybody doing anything that, like you know, there's like the initial intent and certainly you want to do well, you want to sell YadA, YadA, YadA, whatever, the initial thing you're one to do when you're launching something new. But I like to also fast forward two years, five years, ten years, twenty years, and what I wanted was, what, like the four hour work we had, I will teach you to be rich that I wanted it to be a resource that people can lean into years and years and years from now. So I wrote it with the intention of, yes, I want to do well now, but even more importantly, I want to be there for you later. Now that we're entering into this recession, I'm like, this is an awesome tool I know, I wrote something solid and good and useful, and so I'm just really proud that what I intended and what I work toward, you know, besides, like you know, the good sales and all that kind of stuff, it's like happening because this is beyond dreamcatchers. This is beyond people who know me, Like I have like white dudes coming up to me and saying like, oh my god, I love your book. I'm like, what, because I wrote the book first and foremost this is like the inner circle word for black women, and then the circle beyond that was for women of color, and then the circle beyond that was for all ways women and then men of color and then white men. Because y'all get everything for the one or two that might be listening, right, So I always like, you know, that was the intention. And so if you do, if you do, I don't want to say, do a good job. If you do the job that you intended, then you do hit your core group. But it does indeed spread outward. And to have people come up to me to read review from people who are not part of like the inner circle, then the circle, then the cir it just really like it just blows my mind, and I'm just really proud of like just really proud of it. So if you're working on something, you're working on your book, you're considering putting something out there, like just keep in mind, like what is it that you're wanting, like you know, five years, ten years, twenty years from now, because you know, just like like I said, I'm just really proud of it, Like I was like four thousands refuse wow, because you know, like I'm not famous. I mean, I know y'all know me, but you know, in the real life, real streets, don't nobody really know me except for some out there at hole Foods, right, But so it's just it feels really good that that means it's really helping because people are not getting it because they're like, that's that budgeonist, the girl Like people are just like I don't even know her, but I've heard good things. That's my boosty, my extra blackie brown boostie.
Speaker 2: I mean, always bound down to your book success. And I don't think we really celebrated your book a versary either. Do we miss it?
Speaker 1: I don't think yeah we did it. Yeah it was it was I want to say, like March thirty first or March thirtieth or something like. It was a day before April first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally. So this feels like hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, if you want to get it, go ahead.
Speaker 2: On five thousand, about to hit two hundred thousand any day now.
Speaker 1: Well I'm hoping by the end of the year one hundred thousand hard copies. So that was like a new like you know, that's just yeah and so, but yeah, if y'all are interested, it's gecked with Money. I mean, they're sold everywhere, but get Good with Money dot com. What I like about gek Go with Money is that we always showcase a black typically women own bookstore that you could purchase the book from. So that's always showcased on top. And then the other places were like you can get it from targeting a yeah yeah, yeah, but you want to help a sister out, not me sister, but that sister, then you could get it directly from her as well.
Speaker 2: So you have that on Kicking with Money dot com.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, if you go to get your money dot com, it's always right at the top. I don't know who showcased this month, yes, I you know, I don't know who showcase this week, but we try to we try to switch it out every month. Right now we have the Black Dot Cultural Center. They're in Georgia, and so yeah, like you can you know, buy directly from them, so really try to you know, round it out. So that may because these small bookstores, that's how they stay alive, you know, and so like, you know, if you don't mind spending because typically I'm not gonna lie if Amazon always has a sale, but if you don't mind spending extra two or three dollars whatever, you know, it makes sure that you know, these bookstores see some sales as well. So we try to make sure that I think you're going to do.
Speaker 2: Like book did you do a lot of books bookstore appearances?
Speaker 1: I did? I couldn't. It was literally the middle of COVID.
Speaker 2: It was COVID.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I didn't do any bookstore I didn't want. I don't know. I have something that may be coming up, and maybe for that I'll do a tour. So I'll dis give the little you know, y'all the first to hear first, they probably gonna be like, my age is probably activity. If you don't shut the hell up, we're I supposed to talk about. So maybe I'll do a tour for that, but I didn't. I literally couldn't. I although when COVID it didn't lift, but people were going outside. I did do this amazing black bookstore called Mahogany Books in DC. I think they have one in Maryland and one in DC. Ramanda and her husband are amazing. I mean, their bookstore is so beautiful. So that was the only in person one that I did, and we were still masked up then, so you know, I would, honestly, I would enjoy that because I like getting down hugging dream catchers and like, you know, holding babies and you know, and all of that.
Speaker 2: So we'll see. I think that I'll be first in line. I feel like you could be like the Michelle Obama of personal finances and just sell out stadiums, can you.
Speaker 1: I don't know about all that. Sell libraries. Libraries tend to see their libraries like, look, it's full, Like I don't have to come to see y'all.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, just tell book talk, make it happen.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, dager, you want a girl. We thank you, all right, y'all. Hopefully we took you on the roller coaster ride up good. Oh no, we're good Okay. Wait. As per usual, our usually be a roller coaster ride, but ultimately we're gonna be, Were gonna be I.
Speaker 2: We're always gonna be. Keep listening, keep doing the fundamentals, focusing on the fundamentals, don't get distracted by sexy sprinkles, and we'll all be fine. All right, Yes, stick around. This Friday will have another episode of Be A, Q and A so definitely check it out and as ever, send us your questions and all you love. While you're reviewing Tiffany's book, go review our show while you're at it. Yeah, you know what I'm saying on udistian podcast dot com.
Speaker 1: And share this podcast with your bestie. Hello, she needs to listen.
Speaker 2: Absolutely your bestie and your bestie's bestie. All right until next week. Bye, Hey, ba fan, We could not do this show without your support or the support of our team behind the scenes. The Brown Ambission podcast is produced by Cumulus Podcast Network. It's edited by the wonderful Imani Crosby and produced by Tanya Bustos. Dennis Stimplinsky is our in house tech curu, and I am Bandy Woodard Santos, your co host, and I will see y'all next week,