Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably SHAKEE d. I'm Jaselle Bryant.
Speaker 3: What's up.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: I'm Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us once again. Once again, Robin Dixon in the howl. By the way, I'm wearing quiet grind. What's that? This is like a little brand.
Speaker 1: Cute black owned, Okay, small business shout out, a little shout out, and that's all I have to say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like this stuff. It's cute, very cute. Yes, it looks very like regal. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look white grind, Yeah, aristocratic And to grind quietly is what you should.
Speaker 3: Do, yes, because when you grind loudly.
Speaker 1: No one cares yeah, and it takes away fro like grind takes away from it.
Speaker 3: People like actually want you to fail when you grind out. They're like, please fail, so you stop talking, right.
Speaker 1: It's like when like I've I know of so many people who have, like say, a production company has reached out to them to potentially be on a reality show, and they tell.
Speaker 3: Everybody, every body be on reality.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be on this show. Yes, I'm gonna be on a show. I'm gonna be on a show, and to be on a show and then the show never happens, like and that happens often than not. Like there's so many shows that people, you know, production companies.
Speaker 3: Try to make happen that never do.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, just keep it to yourself, keep it yourself, find grind quietly. For the record, the first season of Potomac, you know, my kids had the film and I told him. I was like, don't tell any of your friends, like, do not tell anybody at school. So and they literally didn't. So when it came out, like all their friends.
Speaker 3: Was like, why did you say something?
Speaker 2: Yep, because they were told not to and they know how to keep a secret, yep, exactly.
Speaker 3: That was a test. They pasted fine colors. Yep, very good. Anyway, I have a shady moment, all right, what happened?
Speaker 2: Okay, But first before I my shady mom, and I do want to say once again, it's February and February tenth and twelfth, I'll be in Houston and New Orleans. Get into it, get your tickets. I'm excited. Yeah, I'm super excited. So, and my mom's coming to the Houston show. So my mother says, So, you know, obviously she knew I was playing the show, and I was like, Ma, saved the date. She was like, mmm, so do I need to come to this? What she was like, is it gonna be ratchet? Yes, Ma, it's gonna be semi ratchet. It's me And I'm gonna send a card to your house. You're gonna get in it and you're coming.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, lady. So she will be there with her surprised.
Speaker 1: She's not like she is, no mama's she is, but that's just.
Speaker 2: Her way of being like, oh my god, So like you know what's gonna be happening.
Speaker 3: You know, she's just being a mama. Yes, okay.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So and then New Orleans, which I'm very excited about because you know, my blur in New Orleans is February twelfth, So get your ticket come through, all right, So and go to my webs I mean, go to my social to find out all the information.
Speaker 3: Okay, So listen, Whole Foods, I got a beef. What happened? Have you been a Whole Foods lately?
Speaker 1: No? Why it's like too far? Not not that it's too far, but it's out of the way for me to get to too. Okay, yeah, okay, So.
Speaker 2: First of all, I use their bags, their paper bags, because I don't know, I just do. Yeah, them paper bags is the cheapest things I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: So I just came from them.
Speaker 2: I had two paper bags, and I picked it up to put it in the cart to drive, I mean to you know, take it to my car. I pick it up the handle brakes. It wasn't even heavy. So then I'm like carrying it and the bag.
Speaker 3: Just rips apart.
Speaker 2: Oh no, So whoever does the bag vendor, yeah, is using some some materials from China. Like it's just not right right. And so then the second bag, same thing happened.
Speaker 1: Did anything break, Nothing broke fell out, nothing fell out, But it's I had to hold it like I was holding a baby, like I had. I had to carry my bags like they change their bags.
Speaker 2: This never started, This never happened before. Yeah, so I think it's something new. They're trying to like cut corners. Yeah, don't cut corners on the bags.
Speaker 3: On the bags.
Speaker 1: They're using bamboo, I mean, you know, you know, they make like toilet paper out of bamboo. They use the paper machee. Okay, So Whole Foods, I got an issue with you.
Speaker 3: I got beef. Fix your bag, yes, fix the bags immediately.
Speaker 1: Okay that's horrible. Yes, that sucks. Yeah, that's why I always get plastic. Well, they don't even have plastic at Whole food They do not have plastic at Whole Foods.
Speaker 3: And normally I bring in my bags. Yeah right, but.
Speaker 1: Sometimes even know, if you're running in real quick, you can get your bags. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nah, the paper mache. Paper bags don't work.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, get into it.
Speaker 1: Get it together, Whole food all foods, get it together, get it together. Yes, and I love Whole Foods, by the way. I know, so this is my new thing. But okay, I know it's your turn to give you a shady moment. But like I've been cooking lately, what I know what? Okay, So going to Whole Foods and I'm like, I.
Speaker 2: Go to the fish section. Okay, they have all like the fish laid down. I buy like a couple of filets, like a bass or a like a sea bass or maybe or no the brandsino, and I'll take it home and I'll throw it in the oven.
Speaker 3: Okay, put a little olive oil on it. It's amazing really. Yes, so that's what I've been doing.
Speaker 1: I've been cooking now that your girls are gone. Yeah, you're just cooking for yourself.
Speaker 3: Yes, the empty nesting is getting good. Are you are there? Are there like people.
Speaker 1: Business or mind business? Ribbings?
Speaker 3: Maybe? How many filets are you buying?
Speaker 2: I mean several some, but I don't. I don't do any sides. It's just the I don't want anybody get carried away. It's just a fish.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're not cooking for anybody. There's no man in there, just for me because I feel like if I don't really cook for me because they need.
Speaker 3: To take me out.
Speaker 1: So there's that, okay. I mean not not like a broccoli like.
Speaker 3: Ain't no sides.
Speaker 2: Sometimes what I do get is the I do like the sad like you can get the salad in the bag. Yeah, I do get that sometimes. Okay, So I have look at little greens. But yeah, I'm not cooking all almost all them sides. Okay, you don't have to cook all them sides. That's when cooking goes It gets into like a job and a chore. Yes, but I do love all of my fish.
Speaker 1: Okay, that is good. I should buy some bronzie and cook. I love bronzio.
Speaker 3: Yes, just throw it in the oven booth. And it's like not even hard. No, no, right, and it's so crazy, right it's not hard.
Speaker 1: And then you think about how much you pay in the restaurant, right for something that's not hard.
Speaker 2: And so sometimes I'll go in and they'll have the whole fish and that wholesale off.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, all right, what's your shady moment boyard out?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, so I was in the kitchen and I had you know, you can buy like boiled eggs already made, like they're in a bag. You just pop, take them out the bag and eat them, right, What a hard boiled egg? Yeah, that's in a bag? Yeah, where's that in the grocery store, like in the egg section?
Speaker 3: Never seen that? What ever? Okay? Okay, so that's so that's the thing, right, okay, so that's a new thing. No show you how much I go to the grocery store. Okay.
Speaker 1: No, So, like you know, when you want a quick snack or quick breakfast, you don't whatever, you don't feel like waiting for your boiled eggs to cook like you know, I just grab them, grab three whatever, make some toast whatever. Okay, So they're I leave them in they're kept in the refrigerator.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I think I was putting some in a salad. So I had a salad and I was gonna put some eggs in my salad.
Speaker 3: I love that. So I took my.
Speaker 1: Eggs out of the bag and I put them in the microwave to heat them up. This wouldn't be you know, a little a little warm, right, not not hot, but wonder warm up? Didn't went cold eggs? Yes, this is getting good.
Speaker 3: It's getting good.
Speaker 1: So it comes out of the microwave and I'm ready to like, you know, chop it up, put it in my salad.
Speaker 3: So I put the knife in. What the egg? It's like a bomb exploded in my face? What you had an egg bomb? As soon as the knife went into that egg. It's just exploded in my face all over the kitchen.
Speaker 1: You had egg on your fast egg on my face? Lies, yes, And I'm just like in the kitchen, I'm just like, it's.
Speaker 3: All in my eyes. What what did I do? Oh? My god? Okay, first of all, why did this happen. Let's start there. I guess I've cooked them.
Speaker 1: I guess I cooked them too high, too long, and maybe that heat inside of that, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, is that like a normal thing. So they will, so they will explode.
Speaker 1: I've seen them explode in the microwave, right, Like if you put them in a microwave and you put them on too long or too high, they explode.
Speaker 3: But I thought I didn't put them on too long or too high.
Speaker 1: When it came out, they were perfectly intact, like they hadn't started. You know, you'll see when the eggs start to kind of like split open. And Nope, none of that happened.
Speaker 3: Man, did it stink? That must have been shipped everywhere.
Speaker 1: It was everywhere, like all across my kitchen. It didn't really stink. The act well the waight did one come in and say, what does that smell? He might actually, yeah, I think I think when he came in you.
Speaker 3: Could smell it.
Speaker 1: But I was like, this is what it feels like to like have a bomb explode.
Speaker 3: Like, okay, are you comparing this to wars? You know, I don't want to do that. I'm I don't know. There was not a war.
Speaker 1: Okay, but imagine this what a bomb like I totally terrible. Oh my gosh, Like you know, you watch movies and they put a bomb in a bag and right like open the bag and a bomb just exploded.
Speaker 3: Like it was so crazy.
Speaker 1: So, yes, I had egg, harbled egg all over my face, all over my clothes, all over my kitchen.
Speaker 3: Have you ever put a egg in your hair, raw egg in your hair? No, I have maraise.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's great for hair, but that sounds terrible. For the record, But speaking of things on TV, I forgot to tell you.
Speaker 3: Tell you this. It's season three.
Speaker 2: I know everybody's gonna be like, justell shut up. It's season three of Dubai Blank.
Speaker 3: On Netflix.
Speaker 1: You like you've so you've been watching that? Yes, So, speaking of Dubai Blink, someone told me about this young rich in African show.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've never seen that. I saw the preview or whatever.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it, I think because I'm just like, Okay, I can only take so much, but Dubai Blink. Because I've been watching Dubai Bling, I have to continue. So it's it's reality TV nonsense at its finest. Okay, So, and the people all kind of know each other. They all have a ridiculous amount of money, and the lifestyle of it is like, I'm just waiting for the girls to like get dressed and come to the event.
Speaker 3: They just looked phenomenal, so get into it. Dubai blank.
Speaker 1: So why is Dubai Bling successful and the Dubai Housewives was not?
Speaker 2: Oh well, I can I can break that down. So these people in Dubai Bling actually have money, and.
Speaker 3: That's the end of the conversation. I'm kidding. I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: The people know they don't have money. On No, I don't know. Roal House was a Dubai I can't speak on their money. But Dubai Bling, I feel like they are.
Speaker 3: A part of the culture. Okay, So so they're more native kind of.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know who's native to Dubai right because you guys just like this made up place. But I feel like they're more they're more into the culture, They're more arab there. Yes, there was a Saudi girl that that showed up. She was in a couple of episodes. She was a model beautiful, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, and they had the light.
Speaker 2: They don't have real house wise to Dubai did not have the lifestyle that these people have. And and we always say this for a cast, it's about the chemistry. I don't think that real House was of Dubai. This is my opinion. Had chemistry amongst the cast, Like I think that was a secret to our success, Potomac success, because we all kind of knew each other a little right before we started, so we had that chemistry.
Speaker 3: These people they know.
Speaker 2: Each other, they know each other, yes, so it's great. And then this is Ibraham, Abraham whatever his name is.
Speaker 3: He's like wild.
Speaker 2: He got a wife that we don't see. He's all over the place. He dresses impeccably and you cannot say anything wild to him at all, right, because he's taking it to the nth degree, like he's he's gonna hate you for life. Like him and his him and his girlfriend like their besties. Start a cafe. She said something to him sideways.
Speaker 1: He said, I'm closing the cafe, like it was so crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's wild, but it's good. Check it out now we have to check it out.
Speaker 1: That's funny, all right. So, like how many cast members do they have? They have they have male and female like a mix. It's male and female most of them are all I think all of them are married.
Speaker 3: They have maybe ten wow. Yeah. So it's like Vanderpump kind of ish ish ish but mature. Yeah yeah, these people are mature. Oh that's interesting. Okay, so this is for me. Okay.
Speaker 1: It says that if you leave parties without saying goodbye, Yeah, I do that all the time.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm famous for that too. Yeah you do. You can save two days per year.
Speaker 2: So irish goodbyes give you two days per year because you know, when you start saying goodbye, you gotta say about everybody.
Speaker 3: And then you and then and then more conversations. Yeah, to pop off.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're like, oh I forgot to tell you this and blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Right, you're like, okay, it might be eight o'clock and I'm leaving, and then you really leave at ten?
Speaker 3: Right no?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, So I all for like just buy piecing out, no, just walking out the door.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Ashley always like knows that I do this, and she's like people are always like, where's out.
Speaker 3: And actually like, don't y'all know she down? She been gone? Right? Yes, I am famous for just and then for me, I do find an annoying.
Speaker 1: It's like when you come, when you go to a party or go to an event, you say hi to everyone, you give everyone a hug.
Speaker 3: Right yeah. And I was like one and done. One is enough, Like okay, next. You know what I'm saying, like, why do we have to do this? Rob what a hug ration? She's rashing out water.
Speaker 1: We have to hug to say hi and say bye because it's the it's the courteous thing to do.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: And people are so excited when they say you. But you don't irish goodbye like I do, Like.
Speaker 3: You know you, I'm you. You're out, Like you're.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm saving at least five days yeah, out of the entire year. Yeah yeah, but you will go back and say bye. And then when you go back and say bye, you linger.
Speaker 3: Then I'll talk. Yeah yeah, that's you're a linger. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then so then when that starts happening, I'm like, no, I'm just out. Yeah, I'm done. I'm not I'm done.
Speaker 3: I'm done.
Speaker 2: I was telling actually I was talking to one of my kids and she was going to a party and I was like, yo, leave, yeah, like, don't talk about anybody, Just walk out the door.
Speaker 3: She was like, well, that's weird, exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's so funny that happened. It was I think it was like Christmas or whatever, Thanksgiving. Wan's family was here and people had left, and his brother and his brother's girlfriend were still here. And we go from the couch and you know, they're like, all right, were about to leave. So we start to like walk them out of the door to the front door.
Speaker 3: Right. We spent thirty minutes at the front door. Yeah, talking nah, Like it was so crazy. I'm like, how do we end up here for thirty more?
Speaker 2: Why didn't you say whatever you want to say? When he was on the couch, It just you know, I don't know, it's just talking.
Speaker 3: Something happened and we just start talking. I'm like, yeah, y'all.
Speaker 1: Should we should have just sat on the couch and be like all right, buye y'all and let them go.
Speaker 3: So you're like in a minus.
Speaker 2: You're like in a negative two days crazy, all right, So this is the last thing so Japan has, cause you know, I always feel like Japan is always on the cutting edge. They are always like light years past us dumb Americans. Yes, okay, So Japan has an electric salt spoon, which tricks your taste buzzs into enjoying salty flavors without any salt. So think about people with like high blood pressure. They don't need any sodium. Yeah, yeah, this is amazing. Wow, I need this. You need it right for my fish? So we got to get this, y'all. I so, so, I haven't I looked it up. I haven't seen it on the market. But I need the Japanese electric salt spoon.
Speaker 3: How did they make that? I need? Yes?
Speaker 2: My mother needs that, true, true, true, true. Yes, So hopefully somebody will send me that or it'll be on the market in the United States. Yes, yes, because I'll be purchasing.
Speaker 3: Yes, I like that. So I have a question for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I know your answer.
Speaker 3: Do you think saying thanks is rude? Okay?
Speaker 2: Okay, am I talking to somebody? Is it an email? Is it as any all of the above?
Speaker 3: No? Maybe in an email?
Speaker 1: I think it's rude. What I think it's rude? Like it's just it's so like short and curt and cold, just thanks, like hey, thanks, like like you gave me something.
Speaker 3: I say thanks.
Speaker 1: So it depends on how you say it like, so if you have that inflection in your voice, right, then okay, I have to write Robin, and I won't write you, know how like your phone like starts auto first writing words out for you. And if it says thanks, I'm like no, thank you?
Speaker 3: Okay, no thank you? First of all? When when I when when we send?
Speaker 2: When Robinson's emails, if you don't send her email with like a proper greeting, a proper size, We've talked about this before, and a proper ending, then it's rude.
Speaker 3: Now it's exactly say thank you. I can't say thanks. Yes, thanks is like nice. No I say thanks all the time. It's rude. It's short. It's short and curt and cold. What do you say to wan?
Speaker 1: We're very respectful to each other, like we we don't you know, we're yes, thank you.
Speaker 3: You don't say thanks?
Speaker 2: No, So if wine gives you an egg that has not exploded, do you say thanks?
Speaker 3: No? I say thank you. I can't stand me. What about your kids? They're like thanks? Oh? Thanks? Mom My kids say thanks to me all the time. Let me get back to you on that.
Speaker 1: Yes, they probably I swear I like that word thanks, just like it's.
Speaker 3: I don't know. You don't like things. I don't like it, Okay, I just think it's rude, like just say thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't like the P word. We've talked about that before. Please no some other P word. All right, we're moving on. We're talking, okay, yes, down below, Yes, I don't like that word.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, it's a shift. That was a huge shift. I don't but I mean I've never liked that word. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and weird. But isn't it weird how certain words just sound dirty?
Speaker 3: And yeah, you know what I'm saying. It's like, why does that sound dirty? Right?
Speaker 2: Like? Okay, so the word is p U S s Y. I don't like it. Yeah, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: I I like Cucci true, Yeah, yeah that sounds better for JJ sounds better.
Speaker 3: Hot pocket. But you like penis sounds I like penis. I don't like penis. I love Penis. I like penis better than Dick. True, Dick sounds rude. Dick sound's rude. So it's like penis or like, you have a name, but they need like a better name for it. Well, it depends on that.
Speaker 1: Like do you guys make up names for the people. We've asked guys just before, do they make up names for their penises? M I don't think so. Okay, well I'm sure somebody does. Yes, you know there's no name in this to meet? Yeah, what's to say?
Speaker 3: He pulled Ralph out? Okay, Ralphi need to put him back. I'm trying to think. Has any man ever referred No? Yeah, I don't. I don't think. So. Hey, anybody out there, if you name your penis, let us know the name.
Speaker 2: And when you've told women about or men about the name, how did they react?
Speaker 3: They react? Yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 2: All right, We got to get to our speaking of penises and sex and all that good stuff. We matchmake one oh one is what Robin and I are doing. Okay, So we told you guys that we're matching yep, people, and you guys have sent us some names and pictures and your your references and your social Security number, like you didn't need all of that. Okay, but this, but we want to let you all know because we're getting a lot from women, So we want to let you guys out there know or ladies.
Speaker 3: Who's who is ready to be matched? Okay, So this is where we're closing. The submissions.
Speaker 1: Yes, the end of February February twenty eighth, So between now and February twenty eighth, everybody send us your emails if you want us to hook you up with another reasonably shady listener. Yeah, you know, because that's what y'all have in common and find love. So yes, as Justelle said, if you all know a you guys like, send this to them, please.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: And if let's say, let's say it's a woman and you have like a Bessie that's a man, send the shit in.
Speaker 3: He doesn't need to know. Just send his stuff in.
Speaker 1: Ye, or you know, your father, your brother, whatever, you want to send it for someone on their behalf, send it.
Speaker 3: Do it because I can tell you you know I did.
Speaker 2: I did a dating show and some of the guys were referred by women that they just put their information forward and the guys started getting phone calls and they were like, what the hell is this? So yeah, so sometimes we got to like because you know, guys don't really put themselves out like that, right, so we got to do it for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I like that. Yeah, because guys are like, how do I send an email?
Speaker 3: What do you mean? What do you mean we're not going to be a meeting? I mean, what's going on with these ladies? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And so it's time comes, it's time goes on. We'll like give you all more information on how we're actually doing this. Yes, you know how this is working, but we wanted to just give y'all a little snippet some of the wonderful people who have written in.
Speaker 3: I want to say, you all are very attractive people.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, we have not gotten any duds. No duds here, okay, and which is nice because we have very attractive listeners.
Speaker 3: Yes, I love that we do. Yes, pretty people stick together. Okay. So this is from Tammy Boyd. She says, high friends.
Speaker 2: My name is Tammy Boyd and I live in Nashville, Tennessee, Okaysville. I've been divorced for over twelve years. I have my own house. Okay, Lady, I am an empty nester. So who's super sad and lonely? I don't want her to be sad and lonely. Now I have one son who's who's the light of my life. I get sick of talking to guys telling me they are broke. I'm fifty six and I don't think I look too bad. No, she's so cute. Can see her very beautiful.
Speaker 3: She has a holly berry ish look. Well she has like a little holly berry here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she's very pretty nice smile. Yes, she has her so so like she's she's a queen. She has her own house. She's an empty nester. She's living her best life.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Okay, so get into that. This is from Micah's This a guy. Yes, okay, Micah is a guy. Oh maybe they would be good.
Speaker 3: Uh he's twenty one. Oh okay, Michae's twenty one. She's fifty six. Right, that'd be good for me. Never mind, okay. Hi, Jisella Robbins. This is Michael Mitchell.
Speaker 2: Before I start, I would like to state that I'm a huge fan of Reasonably Shady podcasts Every Monday. You guys are the first thing I listened to, which makes my Mondays so much better.
Speaker 3: Awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you so nice. So for more about me. My name is Micah.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, Michael, I'm twenty one years old Colvine student from Lansing, Michigan. My race is Black African American, and I'm gay as well. In twenty twenty six, it'll be ten years since I came out and I still haven't had a relationship since then.
Speaker 3: Oh this makes me sad.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I need your help. A few fun things to know about me are I'm a middle child, a huge Beyonce fan.
Speaker 3: Okay me hi? Okay.
Speaker 2: I have an obsession with Fraggle Rock. I don't even know what that is. Oh my gosh, you don't know Fragle Rock. No, that's an interesting obsession. That was like a show on so like HBO years ago. They're like little muppets.
Speaker 1: And I used to always say in season one in my head that Karen Huger looked like a Fragle.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what you were gonna say for damn sure, didn't they think you were gonna say that?
Speaker 1: Okay, so they're like little puppets, little muppet puppets. They're like the Muppets, but they're called Fraggle Rock.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, Micah, let us know whether you thought about Karen at any point. Let me know if you think I'm right, Yes about frag season one.
Speaker 3: Karen, not season eight, Karen season one? Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, So it's an obsession with Fraggle Loves he loves dancing, drawing, and weightlifting. And I live for a good reality show. Wink wink, Oh, thank you so much. With love Michah. Okay, so I like Micah. We gotta find you a boot, We gotta find you.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll read one more.
Speaker 1: This is Joyce gotten guten gen Giten.
Speaker 3: Hi, ladies.
Speaker 2: My name is Zara Zarayah Zariah and I am chronically single. So please hook a sister up, please and thank you. Let's see what y'all can do. She's twenty nine, soon to be thirty in cancer season. What's cancer cancer is? Is that May ish? Maybe late April May? No, that's that's tourists. Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: She lives in Providence, Rhode Island, Boston. Oh, I might know somebody. Wait a minute, Wait a minute. Her preference is looking good and ed looking. Her preference looking for a good educated man, any race.
Speaker 1: I think I have somebody for her, really I do. Okay, off my dating show. Oh yeah, what's the age here?
Speaker 3: The ages? She's thirty okay, and then what's the age of the person you have? Maybe who cares? Did she said? Okay, she didn't have.
Speaker 2: Age is nothing but number? Okay, yes, this is great. Okay, So, Joyce, I think I got somebody for you. Let me do some work.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna see him soon, the guy that I think. So, do we have better pictures of her? All of that is her? I don't know. I don't think. I think it's just one picture.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Joyce, Joyce, I'm putting my she's cute.
Speaker 3: Oh, she's cute.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, Joyce, not that another you live in Beantown because I didn't Boston, Rhode Island, that whole area. It's funny because I didn't think black people lived there, and so there was a couple of people that I met from there.
Speaker 3: And I was like, who knows?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, apparently there's like a Nigerian community there and everything. Yes, So all right, Joyce, let me let me.
Speaker 3: Do some research. I'm getting excited. Yes, I'm about to be cute.
Speaker 2: Pet I'm about to roll back my bone and let somebody know. All right, So continue to sit in your stuff, like, like we said, we need some guys, and and.
Speaker 1: You have what thirty days? You have twelve days February twenty eighth. Yes, we're cutting them up, cutting all the submissions off Everruy twenty eighth. So we can get through everything. But I mean we have received some guys, but just not enough, not enough, not enough. Okay, all right, so let's get into some emails that we've received from you all. Yep, this is from one of our favorites, Shamion, with a what would you do?
Speaker 3: Or I thought?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: Okay, we're needing our thoughts on this situation.
Speaker 2: The last time Sha Marion sent us something, she was like, it's not me, it's my friend. But it was her, right right, So is this gonna be another one?
Speaker 1: I think this is more random. I think this is like a hypothetical type of situation. Okay, yeah, so she sends us in So this says, bro, I'm not petty, I'm just being real. I got paid on Friday. I gave my wife two hundred and fifty dollars for groceries, and I told her I wanted a nice, home cooked meal for Sunday dinner.
Speaker 3: She agreed.
Speaker 1: I got off from work and walked into the house to some mother effing tacos. What's wrong with tacos? It wasn't Tuesday, it was Sunday, Sunday tacos on a Sunday, after I requested chicken, mac and cheese, green beans, greens.
Speaker 3: It ain't Thanksgiving playing right. She bought the food. It's in the refrigerator. She had a house full.
Speaker 1: Once I showered and came out and looked at her, and within twenty minutes they all left. Her only excuse was that her kids didn't want chicken. They wanted tacos. She didn't think it would be a big deal effort them m efforts to eat what she cooks. I took her credit card. If you can't cook what I asked, and I paid the bills, you can't spend my money. Now I'm the bad guy. Using my credit card is a privilege. All this over some tacos? Did I mishandle the situation? Yes?
Speaker 3: You did? Okay? Who is this person? This writer?
Speaker 1: This is a hypothetical situation.
Speaker 3: This is a mess. Okay, this is the man is a man? Right, this is a man. Okay.
Speaker 1: He gave his wife his credit card to go buy groceries as he should, because she gives you the P word, right, yes words us s y yes, okay. Scare of your kids, of your kids, so that's not They don't have kids, he said, her, well, I think he said, her kids.
Speaker 2: But this is the thing, like, you don't get a gold star for taking care of the household sir, that's what you're supposed.
Speaker 3: To be doing.
Speaker 1: I see it both ways, though, I understand the frustration, right, because he.
Speaker 3: He I understand the frustration.
Speaker 1: He gave her money to go buy groceries and let's and you put in a request. Yes, yes, he put the requests and let's cook a good meal. But then he saw that the kids with the kids wanted trumped what he wanted. Yes, So I feel like the issue is more so like not that you didn't cook what I wanted, but it's like you cooked what they wanted, right, And I, you know, and I gave you the money to I put in the request, and I gave you money to get what I request.
Speaker 3: My question is are you fed? Player? You're fed? Right?
Speaker 2: You you have something to eat, just speak. You can have chicken tomorrow, okay. But this is what I don't like this.
Speaker 3: I don't like you. You're taking the credit card.
Speaker 1: So you're now punishing me right for feeding my children.
Speaker 3: Right. It's see, there's another issue there.
Speaker 1: It's the whole money situation, because like some couples, it's like, Okay, your your money is our money. But clearly in this situation, Okay, his money is his money and her money is her money.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: But I just want all women to know if you're with a man and he makes more money, his money is y'all's money. Right, Your money is your money, right, Okay. I just want to put that out there for the women and any man that every thinks is gonna date me.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, okay, right right.
Speaker 1: So so I feel like that is like part of that's that's that's the wrong that's the real issue. Like okay, like why are you stripping over the fact that you gave her money to get groceries?
Speaker 3: Like you should be doing that.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's that's a requirement, right Yeah. So so for me, it's like not as much about the money. It's more about you requested chicken and waffles or chicken and greens. Yes, and she made tacos because the kids want to tacos. So it's more like, you know, are you going to are you cooking for the husband or are you cooking for the kids.
Speaker 2: You're cook Okay, So do you have that problem in this household? Because I could see because like that would.
Speaker 1: Never I don't you don't have the kind yeah, yeah, so it's funny. I actually do lean more towards cooking what the kids want, yes, than cooking what wal wants.
Speaker 3: Why, just curious, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, because the kids should eat whatever you give them, right, yeah, but.
Speaker 3: Like, but don't husbands come and go, but kids are fav.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying I think it's more about like you you want them to eat, yeah, right, and you know, yes, your kids should eat whatever you give them, but a lot of times they don't, right.
Speaker 1: You know, there's kids that refuse or they don't eat as much or whatever, and so you just want to make your life easier and everyone around you by cooking what the kids want.
Speaker 2: And when my question is like there was when I was growing up there we had no option. Yeah, you ate what was cooked, what was cooked, and that included my father, right, he ate whatever my mom cooked, right, So there was no like gone should be the day where we're like all trying to this is not a restaurant. Yeah, we can't be like I want chicken and I want fish and I want no Right.
Speaker 1: Whatever Ryben cooks, you eat it, Yeah, so sir, whatever your wife cooks, eat it right, suck it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then she could have made it the next day. Yeah. Like, but you're gonna take a credit card take it back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He acted a fool, So you shady for that. So if you're asking us, this is shady, it's shady. Okay, Okay, all right, he acted a fool. Yeah, he was a baby. He didn't get his way. He didn't get his ways. And guess what, you're not gonna get sex for a month. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I want to talk about crumble Cookie because this is a follow up.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Crumble Cookie reportedly explores a two billion dollars sale with a bee I'm gonna say it again. Billion dollar sale.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So apparently they're they're looking to sell the company and their estimated value.
Speaker 3: Is two be wow. Two billion. Wow.
Speaker 1: I have given them at least how many fifty million?
Speaker 3: I mean, but I've contributed. I've contributed.
Speaker 2: So I'm in last week, I was in Hampton, Yeah with the door, and we went somewhere to eat and she was like, can we go get crumbled? She shows me, because you know they changed it weekly. She shows me what the week had and I wasn't excited about any of it. She goes in there. I wasn't paying attention to what she got. She told her, like, get stuff for her roommates, I mean her floor. So she gets like a bunch whatever. I happened to be talking to Grace the next day. I'm still in Hampton, and Grace says, oh, I gotta go. I gotta go get the waffle cookie from Crumble.
Speaker 3: I said to who who? So she said the waffle cookie.
Speaker 2: So I went back onto the site and I scrolled all the way down to the bottom. Your door did not do and I saw for the week they had a waffle cookie. I said, what the hell is this? So I got so excited, picked up a door. We went something to eat. I said, we're going back to Crumble. So she was like, for what, mommy, I said, the waffle She was like what she said? I didn't think you would like that?
Speaker 1: What girl?
Speaker 3: So that crazy stuff? I got like three so so.
Speaker 1: And a door was like, yeah, you had one for breakfast tomorrow. I said, yes, sounds good. Listen the waffle the waffle cookie at.
Speaker 2: Crumbles a cookie there there has like a little dopple if that's a word of like a buttery type frosting.
Speaker 3: And then they give you maple syrup to drizzle on top. And it was hot. But it's not a there's so there's no waffle. It's it's a cookie that looks kind of waffle.
Speaker 2: It looks like okay, and it has like that battery tastes to That thing was worth two billions billions out that what's God? And every time every time I have a cookie from Crumble that I like, I say, to hell with every black person that trash is a crumble because the whole black community didn't trash Crumb.
Speaker 3: They're not getting the right one. They're not getting the right ones. You just gotta wait your turn.
Speaker 1: Okay, because the waffle, the black community would love the waffle. I haven't been back since the pies, so I need to like really try a real cookie house.
Speaker 3: Ever, I was gonna text you about the waffle.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, it's too late, so wait wait wait, oh, I'm not done with the rest of the story.
Speaker 3: So it just happened. The next day, I'm talking to Angel and she was like something something something. I think we're just gonna.
Speaker 2: Stay in but yeah, she has like a a brother, like a Morehouse brother.
Speaker 3: His name is Will. I talked about Will before on the show.
Speaker 2: I think anyway, shout out to his mother is a listener, So shout out to his mom.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So she was like, yeah, I'm gonna ask Will to go get me some, but you know he'd be acting funny. So I said, okay, say let's I sent her a dozen on the waffle, okay, because you know, because I want her to you know, or maybe a half it does, I can't remember. I sent her a bunch and so I was like, you don't need to wait on no, Will, Yo, mama sent you some, right, I got you.
Speaker 3: So they was in there tearing up the waffle.
Speaker 2: The waffle is a thing because you get the it's the maple syrup on the side.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, yes, okay.
Speaker 2: And that was that was a total pis say so excited black people.
Speaker 3: Give it another chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe they're just getting the wrong one. I'm gonna I'm gonna give it another chance because I never really fully experienced it. I did keep seeing these posts though, but they have all these like poisonous ingredients and stuff like what.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It was just saying how sugar eggs, like what, I don't believe it. I keep seeing it. I don't know. I've had two billion dollars wow, two billion wow.
Speaker 1: And let's just think about the concept. The concept is you gotta switch it up. Yeah, that's the concept.
Speaker 2: And they come up with like some creative things. So I'm not mad at at all.
Speaker 3: We're gonna check it out. Okay, let's do we have one more to read?
Speaker 2: Okay, But but before we read it, I just wanted to say one more thing because I'm on.
Speaker 3: A roll, okay, and when I get on a roll, watch out. Okay.
Speaker 1: So I want to tell you this because this applies to me and you. Okay, So this is exclusive.
Speaker 2: So the worlds there's a man and he is like self proclaimed, like the world's smartest man, and he believes that a higher i Q, the higher your i Q, the greater your need for gossip.
Speaker 3: And I said, exactly, is that right? He said, that's right. I said, that's the story of my life. Really, yes, that's what it is. Super smart. But I need a little gossip every now, balance balance that out.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, I need and YouTube you too, because because when I call you and I give you the tea.
Speaker 3: You're not like, just it off the phone. I take it. I drink it, Yes, you drink it? What else? And so so listen.
Speaker 2: It just shows you all that we are smart girls because we need a little gospel every now and again.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, balance, this is what I like. But there's a science.
Speaker 2: To gossip, like it has to be true. Like I hate like made up gossip. Yeah, yeah, I can't take the lines.
Speaker 1: That's like, like I don't get my information from media takeout?
Speaker 3: Do they still exists?
Speaker 1: Think so child media take out? Just be clear, it's a lie, TMC. It's the truth, the truth, yes, TMC. We uh we stand by TMZ. Yes, yeah, I'll be waiting to see what they say TMZ. And the court records and the court yes, the pup. The case search, yes, case search, don't do a good case yes, totally. Okay, we got we got one more. I need some advice, so this is real advice she needs. I have a best friend who has a baby who is my god daughter by a childhood friend who I grew up with. So in the beginning when they were dating before the child everything was great, and then she found out when she found out she was pregnant things took a turn. He started disappearing, he started doing all the weird things men do you know. So fast forward, he came to the ginger of gender reveal. But he missed the baby shower and the baby's birth. So my best friend was like Kim and she wanted nothing to do with him.
Speaker 3: He missed the birth of the child.
Speaker 1: Yep, oh wow, missed the baby shower and the birth of the child.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now the friend is like she wants nothing to do with the father of her child.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: So he recently reached out to me to try to get back in the baby's life before it's too late. Now, mind you, the baby is two years old. So I texted my friend and let her know he was reaching out, which I already knew she wasn't having it. But I also ignored his message, and he messaged me again and asked if he could go through me to get the baby stuff. So this is where I need advice.
Speaker 3: Wait me and get the baby stuff like close around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So he like wants to be in the baby's life and give the baby stuff. Should I let him get the baby things and say they are from me? Or should I tell him to just give it up because my best friend doesn't want anything.
Speaker 3: To do with them.
Speaker 2: No, you should tell your best friend what's going on, because this is actually the father of the child. Yeah, and allow him to buy whatever the hell he wants.
Speaker 3: He could buy whatever he wants for his child.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it comes from him, It don't come you never gonna pass these gifts off to a third part already to pretend.
Speaker 3: Like, because then what's the point? Yeah, what's the point.
Speaker 1: But also I feel like I understand the mother's anger and frustration towards him, like he wasn't there when she needed him to be. But I don't think anyone should ever cut a parent out of a child's life. Fact, it's never too late for that person to, you know, regret what they did and try to make things better. So just because you're angry at that person for their behavior or your relationship isn't where you want it to be, you should never keep that person out of their child's life.
Speaker 3: I hate it when people do that. Hate it.
Speaker 1: I think it's because like you're using the child, right, Yeah, as like a kind of like a weapon. Yeah yeah, yeah, Like you have to find a way to now. Now, if that other parent is like totally irresponsible a thing. Yeah, But if this parent wants to be in that child's life, regardless of how you feel about him, what your relationship is, what he did in the past to you, or whatever, you cannot prevent him from being in his child's life. So MEMI, you just gotta tell him and this goes. I mean, this happens a lot. So this, this scenario that med Me presented all the time, is not unique, right, It's not something that even in like a divorce. Yeah, yeah, yeah, oh yeah, a divorce. I mean I see it like one of Wan's cousins is going through it, like he's has a child in the In the the mother uses the child as like a I don't know, it's like a punishment or something. Yeah, it's like a pawn and it's like like, damn, like come.
Speaker 3: On stop it. Yeah, I hate that.
Speaker 2: I always say, you got to love your child more than you hate that person.
Speaker 3: So you know, in the best ins of.
Speaker 2: The child, especially a two year old, they should know both of their parents and if the guy wants to, I mean, they thank all the guys that don't want to be around right now, this dude wants to be around, let him be around. I mean, yeah, he affed up and he knows that. But yeah, you got it. You can't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so please, you know, me and me try to talk to her and say, like, listen, you gotta let him in the baby's life. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's not fair, it's really not.
Speaker 2: But they need to They do need to have a conversation because it needs to be said. Like what we're not doing is like in and out of the kaids, Like if you're going to be here, player, you got to be here. Yeah, so we need to put y'all decided to do an adult thing called have a child, So let's have adult conversations.
Speaker 3: And I think this is all can work out. I agree. Boom, Is that all right? Yeah? That wasn't shady.
Speaker 1: She just wanted advice. Okay, Okay, we know how to do that. Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: Everything doesn't have to be I know, but I you know, I love to get my shady in anyway. We love y'all.
Speaker 2: Don't ever forget to live your life either reasonable or its shady or both. Ju Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts, from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your
Speaker 2: Favorit shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and reasonably Shady