Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably shake Dy. I am Jaselle Bryant. What's up? What's up? I'm Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us one again. Do we have the same music? By the way, do you know we do? We do? Do we need to upgrade it? That's right, because we're gonna come up with a whole song.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: And who dropped the ball?
Speaker 3: Me or you?
Speaker 2: For both of us, both of us? Okay, fine, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think we just I think we just sometimes, as the kids say, be chatting, chatting and just saying ship just to be saying it.
Speaker 2: Okay, but we don't. We're not following thing, and then we don't do it. Okay, maybe we'll just have tailor we need to get, no, we gotta it's like a we gotta make up our own. It's like a rap. Oh I you know I'm a rapper. Yeah, you told me, yes, okay, So we got to get we got to get in the studio, all right. Let me let me work on that, yeah, okay, and put that on my things to do. Okay. By the way.
Speaker 1: I have a list, I don't know, we can talk about it this week or next week, a list of like the current slang oh that the kids are using. Okay, so I want to see if you're like familiar, if I'm him, yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, because I'm thinking the kids is my kids have used it on me? Possibly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I use I use it on my kids and they're like mom stop.
Speaker 2: Oh really okay, So we got to talk about that. Control my kids, okay, troll them? Okay. So what's your shady moment?
Speaker 1: Okay, not really like a shady moment, nothing real like entertaining to talk about, just a life is hard moment.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, one of another one of one's friends passed away. Oh no natural causes, and so we attended his memorial service and it's just like a it's this is his This is crazy to say his third groom's men.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, how old? Is this not natural? Cald forty six? That's not natural? Okay? Well heart attack, a stroke attack? Natural? Yeah? I feel really bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, he has kids, two kids, like a fiance. He was overseas, so he lived in his name is Kevin KB. We miss you. He lived overseas because he played basketball overseas, he coached basketball overseas, so he at the time was in Japan as a coach, as a head coach over in Japan, and his children are in New Zealand, so he wasn't like, you know, didn't see them all the time, but you know, definitely was like very much in their lives. Yes, and so, and he's from Baltimore, Like I've known him. Shoot, I met him in the day I'm at wan, so like, yeah, been in our lives. He actually was on one coaching staff at Coppin for a season, So definitely like another close like friend that he's lost. And it's just like it's really scary because it's just it really like brings your like everything into like perspective to yeah, totally dang, like, yeah, we feel young, we act young, we look young, but we can't take our health for granted. So you know, unfortunately, I think he had high blood pressure, maybe he wasn't taking his meds. Maybe we drank alcohol more than he should have, you know, stuff like that maybe have contributed to it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I just had to like, you know, a memorial service, and he had a service for him here because he played basketball at Georgetown University.
Speaker 1: So they had like a memorial service. What's theme, Kevin Braswell. Yeah, so he so they had a service for him at Georgetown.
Speaker 2: But he passed.
Speaker 1: Probably it actually been like a little while because you know, they got to bring he he fell ill. He was in the hospital for a while, never really recovered, passed away. He was like at least a month ago that he passed, and then they had to bring the body back. Okay, they creamated them and then oh okay. So that's just yeah, that's like life is tough moment, but just just a reminder of all of us, like, you know, take care of yourself, get your your tests, you go to your doctor, and especially if you're like forty and above like now like get don't just like go to your doctor and have them like you know, take your temperature and be like all right, you're good.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like you just don't even do that.
Speaker 1: No, they're gonna give you the whole, yeah, the whole work up and stay on top of it. And yeah, if something is not right, like make sure you do whatever it is to make it right, you know. So that's just sorry for the little the down. Okay, but you know, life happened to have anything else to talk about. I just had my mamogram. By the way, I was at the Factor good yeah, yeah, got seazed and it's crazy like it reminded me. I'm like, dang, I don't know the last time I've seen my my ob G. I n like, I don't so I need to go for those check ups and stuff.
Speaker 2: So oh, definitely you got to get up in there. Yeah. Okay, Well, my and my shady moment is I don't know what to do. Okay, so I have you know, I have these tree people that cut down my trees all the time, and I have a huge one in the back of my house, like when I say huge, and it's slowly but surely dying. Like a limb fell off last year, fell on my roof. I had to get some of my roof repaired, and so it needs to go. My contractor is like, Giselle, get this tree handled, and I'm like cool.
Speaker 1: So I'm calling in the front in the back because the front has been gone, so it's the people that that cut down the front or whatever. So I've been calling my people that they're not answering the phone, and I'm like terrified. It is, well, I was you know, this is a new administration, and I don't know if you think they were deported maybe, I don't know, if they were sweeped up in a sweep up, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But it's so unlike them to like not answer the phone if I leave a message typically in the past, like if I left a matress, they call me back that yay, within the hour. I've been calling them for two weeks. What and I have I don't know what to do. Oh no, So I've sent some some feelers out there. I'm like, yeah, has anybody seeing my people? Yeah? But yeah, I gotta find my people. Oh god, yes, I'm a little concerned. So the shady moment is, Yeah, that sucks. I don't know where they are and I'm hoping so then so now I'm worried because they've you know, they've been I've been dealing with these people for like a while. I like them, So now I'm worried damn for their safety.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's unfortunately, that's sad. There's times we live in it. I hope they resurface me too, Hopefully it's just really busy. So so it's not well, I was gonna say, I know, I noticed there's a lot of trees down around when I was driving on the highway.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're cleaning those trees up.
Speaker 1: No, no, because they have like the whole tree business is like a thing like they If you have the cranes and all the machinery, then you're really sought after.
Speaker 2: So he could be busy, but never too busy for Jaselle. Yeah, yeah, I'm a little cool. Hopefully if he.
Speaker 1: Has a business like that, then he probably has his paperwork in order. Yeah you know what I mean, in order to get a business line.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, no, no, no, totally. Yeah. Yeah. Okay, if you need another one, I have someone for you. Okay, I'll let you know next week. I'm gonna give you right a week, okay, Okay. So I do want to remind, not remind everybody, but how about tell people that I am putting together a team. I am participating this year in the National Brain Tumor Society's five ka which is May fourth. Oh okay, And so I don't know, why did that you say something about April fifth. I'm not done talking. Oh okay, Yeah, I have on their sweatshirt today. So every year the national brand Toomor Society has a five K that they raise millions of dollars. So this year I have a team and GNA has a team. So we're doing like the prep. We're doing a race club prep every Saturday until the five K. Got it? Yes, So we have like a training instructor that's going to be out there to work everybody out. So every Saturday morning, and all the information is on is a link in my bio on Instagram, but it tells you like where we're gonna be running in the morning on Saturdays, and it's like a forty five minute little training session, but it's a great little workout. And then it's we're all gonna tee up for the May fourth. That's fine, okay, you can run walk. People are like, can I walk? Yes, definitely, you can walk. I'll probably be walking and it's gonna be fun. Yeah, very exciting. Okay, So April fifth is a kickoff training. Yes, it's kickoff of training and so we'll be done there every Saturday until May fifth, got it? Yeah? All right, definitely.
Speaker 1: Exciting, so get into it. So sign up, everybody, sign up?
Speaker 2: Get into it. Okay, So can we talk oh speaking of Japan, by the way, because I don't want to forget. I want to go oh okay, because right now in DC, cherry blossom season has come to an end. Oh my god, it was. It was kind of womp walmp this No, no, not at all. Where where was it warmp Because I know you have a erry blossom tree, right, is that cherry blossom? No, that's I don't forgot the name and what this tree is. This doesn't bloom until later, okay. Myrtle, crape, myrtle, crape, myrtle, all right, yeah, well but the cherry blossoms, no, they came. It was just a very short period of time because it was oh okay, okay, because the weather it's just the west. Yeah, I heard.
Speaker 1: It was like because we had like warmer weather, it made it like it. Yeah, it made it shorter or the blooms didn't really like and then it.
Speaker 2: Got whole strength, yes, and then it ranged and then got cold. Yeah. Okay. So I was on the Instagram and I because Japan's cherry blossom season, I think it's now too okay, And but there all their cherry blossoms are pink like, they're like pink, pink, pink like ours are like kind of whitish. Yeah, there's are like pink, pink, pink, But that was what I was confused about. Too. Hours are usually pink and know they're white, whitish pink.
Speaker 1: I just feel like this year they were more more white than pink. Usually they're like more pink or there's pink there.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: When you look at them, you see pink. This year you just see white. In my opinion, yes, you're saying in Japan they're like a bright pink.
Speaker 2: They're like bright pink and and it's phenomenal. So that's that's my goal. How do they make them? They need to make them last longer, Like that's the path. It's like so depressing because they.
Speaker 1: Come and they're like, oh, it's so pretty, and then all of a sudden they're gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's what do you call it a slow burn? No, it's a fast burn. It's they came too fast. It's oh, okay, never mind, I'm moving. Remember anyway, So next year I want to be there in Japan. But I got time at right, I got to figure out when like the peak bloom is I gotta get my ticket. I gotta get there. Ye yes, So I'm just letting the people know, okay. And and because you know we're all under surveillance, I was thinking that I wanted to do this, and all of a sudden on my on my feed is like all these restaurants in Japan that I could go to.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, So I'm all over it. I'm taking somebody with me. Not restaurants in Japan, yees, because.
Speaker 2: They have these they have these Japanese pancakes that I want, and they have all they do things differently over there. They have like a brewery, not that I drink coffee, brewery, not that I drink coffee, but they serve it in a cube of ice. It's all kinds of stuff there. I'm going, oh, yeah, okay, stop me from going on before. No, I have not. No, I've been in Hong Kong. I haven't been to Japan. No, I have not. So I'm I'm getting into it. By and by the way, did you see Barack Obama's post. Yeah, I was gonna talk about that. So that was so cute.
Speaker 1: He's so cute, like the best photo bomb ever.
Speaker 2: No, he wasn't in it? Was he in it?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: He photo bomb.
Speaker 1: So it was a mom taking pictures of her two children. Okay, at the what's it called the base?
Speaker 2: What rhythm? The base? The down where the cherry blah, there we go. So the tidle.
Speaker 1: So there's like all these trees, like huge sopia, very blossom trees.
Speaker 2: Is huge.
Speaker 1: We actually filmed their season whatever seven, maybe the first episode. Yeah, it was beautiful, right, And so the mom is taking a picture of her two children. Yeah, and Barack Obama and one of his secret servicemen are walking in the background right past, walking through her picture.
Speaker 2: Okay, are they are this? No? Okay, So Barack posted pictures of the whole title basin and the and the cherry blossoms. Okay. He says it's fun to be able to play tourists once in a while. The cherry blossoms were beautiful this morning. So he's he's taking a picture of his secret service are in front of him, I assume. So he's taking a picture of like secret service the back of them, and then the trees and then like this is so beautiful. So like you get the water, the trees, just random people. So the people must have seen him. No, no, I got to pull it up. You even see this? So the cutest thing ever? And he reposted it.
Speaker 1: So the parents posted the picture of the children and Barack Obama is like in the background walking past. Yeah, and then he he reposted it in his pictures.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love the fact that he's he's in town and he's chilling. Yes, I love the fact that, you know, I would love to run into him because I'd be like, black, can we just talk? I just want your opinion on like the world right now? What's happening in your thoughts? Oh my gosh, I just I just want to want to And it doesn't even have to be long. Even though he'd be like, oh so.
Speaker 1: Let's get into it, he might have a lot of a lot to say. Yeah, oh, he'd asked.
Speaker 2: Me like how much searme do you have? Michelle doesn't like talking about this anymore? So I would love to discuss it with you. Oh that's so cute, cute, so he okay, he reposted it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the parents like posted that love it, okay, put it in his story.
Speaker 2: And Barack is walking behind the background. Yes, okay, that's I love it.
Speaker 1: It's so cute, and it's like, so it's the kids, it's the Washington Monument in the background, Barack is just walking past, just mining his business mind and his like walking cool, like this is the.
Speaker 2: Best, the best picture ever. Super Can we go back to those days?
Speaker 1: We didn't even know how good we had it? Now?
Speaker 2: Did we gonna talk about politics? Can we talk about Corey Booker? Oh please do? Oh my god? To Corey Booker cited to uh philipbuster? Was that called?
Speaker 1: Well, it wasn't technically a Philip Blessing bluster because he wasn't trying to block any legislation from going through, Like so that's technically what a Philip Philip sullerbuster is.
Speaker 2: He was what do they call it? Like? He just dang wasn't It was called I'm gonna get up here and show you y'all what I'm gonna do. So he legit got okay. I had breakfast, I went to the gym, I came I had a couple of zoom calls. He's still talking, yes. I went to lunch with my girlfriend, came home. I ate a little dinner, a little schnacky snack. He's still talking. Yes. I went to sleep well the next morning, Yes, Corey Brooker is still talking talking. Corey Booker broke the record for.
Speaker 1: What is it called a speech on the Congress floor, center floor.
Speaker 2: Huh? So the record before was with strum Thurman, who was fighting the civil rights.
Speaker 1: Against it again to prevent black people from having rights. Right, lovely, that was so lovely and so and he was twenty four hours I think twenty four or something. Yes, so this man to stop black people from getting rights, decided to stand up and talk for twenty four hours straight.
Speaker 2: Yes, so Corey Booker said, y'all, I'm gonna do it longer. Is gonna talk about where we are right now? Is country? Do you think he hit on? Depends he had?
Speaker 1: Oh you know what, there's articles I haven't read them yet, Yes, but there are articles about like what he did. Okay, I know he got the hot he did. He didn't take order for like two days or something. Right, so he was dehydrated, right, but that's dangerous too. Isn't like people go to the hospital when they're dehydrated.
Speaker 2: He about the halfway almost died.
Speaker 1: When you're dehydrated, it's fine, he fine, but yes, he absolutely he probably had more than a depends.
Speaker 2: He probably actually had like a maybe a catheter with like he had a catheter he had to have.
Speaker 1: But it was so impressive because he stood up there for twenty five hours speaking and he was you can check you could have checked in at any point in time to hear him speaking, and he was saying something of substance, yes, you know, yes, And it was like he wasn't just out there just bullshitting.
Speaker 2: No, he wasn't doing reasonably shady that's what I do right. Ry Booker was doing some real good stuff.
Speaker 3: When a founder said, we must mutual pledge, pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor. We need that now from all Americans. This is a moral moment. It's not left or right, it's right or wrong. It's getting good trouble. My friend, Madam President, I yield the floor.
Speaker 1: He was out there just really speaking, and it was you know, a lot of people were like, well, what was the point of it?
Speaker 2: Like what was he trying to do? Now that one of those people was me, Jazelle was like, well do we what did we get out of this? Yes?
Speaker 1: I think so, think about it up until then, you know, a lot has a lot of shady craziness has been taking place with the current administration. Yes, right, and people have complained that Democrats are not saying anything or doing anything right, same thing, they're just you just don't hear from the Democratic Party at all. Right, And so I think on one hand, this really kind of told the people, the you know, citizens, that we hear you. Yes, we're listening, We feel the same way, this is what you know needs.
Speaker 2: To be done.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah blah. He definitely read a lot of letters from constituents who were going through some tough times totally because of changes that have been made. And I think hopefully it energized the party.
Speaker 2: I think so. I mean it got huge coverage, yes, because nobody thought he was gonna make it right. You know, it's so crazy.
Speaker 1: It didn't get huge coverage on television.
Speaker 2: It didn't know.
Speaker 1: So when you turned on like CNN, they're talking about it was an election that night, they were talking about election and all that. The coverage was more so like the viewership online like on YouTube or on TikTok. I mean, there was like hundreds of millions people watching on TikTok and stuff like that, but the main mainstream media like did not really talk about it much.
Speaker 2: But I thought it was crazy.
Speaker 1: He does all that, finishes after twenty five hours and then goes right into like interviews, like he was on MSNBC.
Speaker 2: Yeah and he did. Yeah, yeah, I think he got a little break. Did he get a little break?
Speaker 1: Did you get to take his depends off after his after he finished now, yeah, after he finished his twenty five hours? Yeah, problem, he got a little break, hope. So can you imagine what he probably smelled like?
Speaker 2: Ooh yow, let him take a shower. I'm like, I want to know what shoes he had on, because because they are sturdy. Those shoes are sturdy. You know. This could have been my shady moment.
Speaker 1: Actually when we were at Georgetown for the memorial service. If Georgetown University has like one parking garage and in order to get to the chapel, like you have to really just walk across the campus to get to this chapel, I didn't know that. I thought when we got there we were on to like park in a parking lot and walk right into the chapel. Yeah, so I had heels on, so we had to walk from this parking garage up these hills to the chapel. So I'm in, you know, at the chapel with you know, doing the at the memorial service. The memorial service is over, so then we have to walk back to the parking garage. Yeah, I couldn't make it, Like I Wan could have got the car, and like, well, well, so what Wan did? He took his shoes off, okay, and I put his shoes. I took my shoes off. I put my feet in his shoes, and then he walked just in his socks.
Speaker 2: What the car?
Speaker 1: I wish we had a picture because I'm over here with his big old shoes and then he's that's crazy in his socks.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: But it was like so anyway, I say, let to say what shoes? The Corey Booker had one that allowed.
Speaker 2: Him to stand up for this side. He went to the good fee store. He didn't looked tired.
Speaker 1: No, his voice was a little ratspy yes at the end, but he didn't look tired.
Speaker 2: He looked energized. He gets a high five from me, Yes, yes, that was some amazing And then apparently he they said I missed it. But he threw out there a couple of times and he was looking for a wife or something.
Speaker 1: Oh really, I think I wife him up for the week.
Speaker 2: Listen, Corey call me. He probably not. He probably actually has a lot of people calling him up. Yeah, yeah, I'll listen. We can we can be married for a monk. I love it. And I mean, like I said, he made so many great points. He made me. But you know his story, like he's a super smart guy. Yeah yeah, like he back in the day totally revitalized the police department in Newark. Yeah, and like his story is like phenomenal because he he was with the police, like he would do the ride alongs okay. Yeah, and then and now he's been a senator for a while. And it's kind of crazy because because me personally, since uh this administration has taken office, I have been like, where's Corey Booker because you can always count on him? And actually got to speak up now I think about it. I went to like a little private dinner with him or he was the speaker, but it was maybe like twenty people in the room. This man is bilingual. Wow, he speaks Latin. Okay, he was there was a lot of Jewish people there, and then he was speaking Hebrew? What was just is Hebrew?
Speaker 1: Jew?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah, he was speaking Hebrew. They were getting the jokes. I didn't understand the jokes because I don't understand Hebrew. I was like, what so he is more than bilingual, he's multi linguist. Corey, Corey is that guy. I'm promoting all women to go after him. Okay, yeah, yeah, find him a wife. Yes, he needs to find a wife in progress. I thought one time, at one point him and Gale were dating King. I never heard that he dated Rosario Dawson. Was that real? Yeah? But they never it was over COVID. They never saw each other. Is that true? Totally true. They said they hadn't seen each other in two years or something. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't consider that dating. Okay, I consider dating when you see me.
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't know they didn't see each other. Yeah, really dated? Yeah, it was it was something kammld it like that. Yes, But anyway, Corey, we are your number one fans at this point time. We absolutely love you. Newfound respect. He did the damn he did the damned it. And who's the guy we were mad at. Kanye's not Conyr's Jesus. He has a book out. I don't know, I don't know. This is reason. This is a Democrat. You're you talking about Fetterman. No, it's a democrat. This was about the keeping the keeping the government open. Who's my guy? That went? Remember all the Democrats? Was like we sitting this out, We sitting this out. But then he oh, I don't know. Okay, y'all know who I'm talkings that.
Speaker 1: Part anyway, him and Corey book it don't get along, okay. But he was giving Corey his respect and his due and because everybody should. Okay, and I mean you so what do you think he ate?
Speaker 2: Like? What was his first meal? Oh, Michael, like peanut butter and jelly sandwich his first meal?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for somebody better. I'm sure like they had stuff waiting for him. I would want a burger.
Speaker 2: Like some steak or like steak fries. Yeah like that.
Speaker 1: It was like some like like I don't know, I feel like I need to replenish my iron and.
Speaker 2: Stuff like when I cause, like when I'm on my period, I need a Oh you do? Yeah, okay, he listened Corey, whatever it is that you want, do we need to get We had a burger with some yeah, fries, little lops of tail, yeah, caviar. Okay, moving on, So I would like to talk about the Real Housewives of Atlanta. Can we do that? Sure? Okay? And you have not watched correct, I see clips, I.
Speaker 1: See online clips. Okay, I did not watch episode. You don't watch episodes.
Speaker 2: Okay. So The Real Housewives of Atlanta is back on it's season sixteen, I think, And well, we talked about it before because we said that it was kind of similar to Love and Love and hip hop the cinematography or whatever. Yeah, and it's still like that.
Speaker 1: Like I saw another clip it was like Shemiah was in the kitchen cooking something with her mom or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'm like, why does it?
Speaker 1: It just looks different than totally typical housewives.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the the the question on the table is, well, did you see about the whole the girl talk about it?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get a pistol. And I did see that, okay, And Kenya was like what Yeah, so I was told how that scene went down real time, like when it happened.
Speaker 2: I wasn't told that part of the story. Oh. Like I was kind of like in shock. I was like, why is this girl saying this like all after you were called a peasant, Like peasant is like lightweight, like that's what he said it multiple times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a pistol, Yeah about having a pistol yea or something. Yeah, I that part of the that part that's problematic, extremely problematic.
Speaker 2: And I was very much like justice for Kenya, Justice for Kenya. And then I saw you know how you know, because they will pull out some old clips. Yeah, So they pulled out an old.
Speaker 1: Clip of Kenya and her her guy Brandon maybe his name is her friend, and she was like, yeah, I have a I have.
Speaker 2: A gun or something.
Speaker 1: She Kenya has a pistol in her closet that she pulled out and she showed America, like she opened up the cake the box and she showed everybody and it was a joke and they were joking and.
Speaker 2: She was like, I don't want to take this out, but it was a joke. They were laughing and she put it away whatever. Sometime I was like, oh wow, like what are we doing here now? Apparently Kenya then shows a picture of this girl Psycopenis. So by the time by the time it's airs, it's reasonably shady. Airs that episode we'll have air, so we don't know what happens. But okay, but that is I feel like someone you showing a picture that's already on the internet of someone doing filatio. Yeah, that's like toxic, right, which is kind of what you sign up for getting potentially shot right because somebody's talking about pistols and whips is violent, right, So which is not what you signed up for.
Speaker 1: So yeah, first of all, yes, her any mention of a gun in response to a verbal it wasn't back and forth.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even an argument. No, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: First of all, Okay, let's just talk about the verbal back and forth.
Speaker 2: What was that? You know?
Speaker 1: It was like unnecessary? The girl kept coming at Grit.
Speaker 2: Seemed to just be wanting to like pick at Kenya, and Kenya was like not engaging, yes, and the girl kept coming for Kenya, like why leave Kenya alone?
Speaker 1: And so my assumption watching that, it's like, Okay, maybe I don't even know, like they can't really show where Kenya was mean to her, right, because I think they even flashed back, and they showed Kenya interacting with her and speaking to her, So I don't know if something else took place that we're not aware of.
Speaker 2: I don't for her to.
Speaker 1: Think that that conversation, that that calling Kenya out and going you know, going through insults and being disrespectful whatever was necessary, Like yeah, I don't know why any of that was necessary. Why why were we worthy of that conversation? Why was there an issue? So and then to get to the girl talking about bringing up a pistol was like that was like, what, so you're implying that you're going to use the pistol, ken you watch out because I have a pistol, Like, no.
Speaker 2: No, that's not that's we don't sign up.
Speaker 1: So so the fact that that wasn't checked immediately immediately, and I kind of feel like Kenya not kind of.
Speaker 2: Feel but she is like a cultural icon. She is Kenya.
Speaker 1: More leave her alone. And I'm still like, justice Kenya. I want her back on the show. I'm done. Yeah, I agree, I don't. I don't think the well, first of all, whatever the punishment for Kenya is, that doesn't fit the crime. Now, I don't necessarily think that like, oh, because the girl says she has a pistol, then that means let me show a picture of you like that.
Speaker 2: No, that doesn't really no, no, no, no go together. I agree that what Kenya did was wrong, yeah, afright, but still it's still under the realm of what might happen if you sign up for house lives, right, it's not but not.
Speaker 1: But the gun situation is not what you sign up for exactly, yes, right, So it's not worthy of her being losing her job or whatever being fired.
Speaker 2: Now with the girl reprimanded at all, Oh, I have no idea. But she's still there, I think, But you don't.
Speaker 1: Still you never heard from well meaning like did they like say, okay, okay, you got to set out a couple of episodes or something. I don't know she receive any type of.
Speaker 2: Of But but I feel like, if you're gonna this is this is me is a network. Let's say I own a network, I'm gonna take a chance. I mean, I'm gonna I'm gonna probably ride with somebody that I know what they're capable of. That's Kenya. They know what Keny is capable of. They know what she will do, what she won't do. Kenya's been there for ten plus twelve maybe seasons, we don't know. But this woman is capable of She's been there three weeks, so it's kind of like, I can't ride with you. I don't know what you're gonna do. That's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Kenya showing a picture. I mean, so the pictures on the internet.
Speaker 2: What is it on a porn site?
Speaker 1: I think it's on the Twitter. Oh yeah, I think it's on Twitter. Oh like somebody. Okay, well, all right, so she someone must have.
Speaker 2: I don't know where. I don't where.
Speaker 1: I don't know how she got where the picture comes from? Now, but yeah, that's the crime. The punishment is not worthy of the crime. No, it's unfortunate.
Speaker 2: Switching gears have you? Do you know of Ashton Hall. He's a he's oh the guy with the routine in the morning. I can't take it. I cannot Okay. So I was watching the View one day and they talked about him on the View and they were like, oh my gosh, everybody watches this guy Ashenhall. Y'all look him up on Instagram because of his morning routine. I'm sick of it. It's like, whoever's editing it, it's well, it's.
Speaker 1: Performative, first of all, performative and honestly, Sarahtoga is paying him yeah, right, this isn't AD.
Speaker 2: This is not your morning routine. This is an AD. Right, And then he takes a banana and he opens it up and he takes a banana peel.
Speaker 1: He puts it on his face, wash it all over his face. I've seen people say that, you know, is good for your skin. I don't believe it yet, but boy bye, but no, it's so right.
Speaker 2: It's an AD. It's performative. It's not his real morning routine. It's not.
Speaker 1: And so the fact that like and then apparently the company their stock went up and like, who sarahto Saratoga.
Speaker 2: Well, it's an AD, isn't it an AD? Yes?
Speaker 1: But I'm saying people in response to seeing this ad, yes, oh they're stocking up. Yeah, have responded positively. So the people are buying this water. The man looks good.
Speaker 2: We can't take that from him. He's amazing.
Speaker 1: So even you know how I get my water delivered, and I get my my mountain valley, my good old Mountain Valley delivered.
Speaker 2: Which is very expensive. By the way, I can't even afford that. I mean, and I have like eight jobs and I can't afford my mountain valley. I'm just gonna tell y'all.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's because you're cheap and you don't you choose to spend your money on different things.
Speaker 2: So how much is that? Cause I don't know. Okay. So this is what I have flow, which is actually very good. It's probably a third of the cost of this Mountain valley. You get that from Amazon. This is actually, yes, I do, but this one actually I was in Whole Foods. So I have eight jobs. This is what I can afford. How many jobs you got, I got it like three three. This is what probably my valley. That's probably twenty dollar bottle right here.
Speaker 1: No, it's not, okay, it's a case, all right. So a case of twelve of these is like thirty seven dollars. Okay, Oh, this is sixteen ninety nine. So this half ok half okay for twelve, half for twelve is sixteen ninety nine okay, and that is forty five outs. Look this is this is twenty five ounces. This is sixteen all right, flow, I need a deal, okay, Okay. Anyway, So but I love Saratoga. I also purchased Saratoga, which is what this guy is right talking about it in his.
Speaker 2: Well, he's not talking about it. It's like drinking from it. He puts it in the bowl and then he puts his face in it. I'm like, I hate you. I hate this dude. Don't you hate him?
Speaker 1: I don't hate him, I know, I mean he stays getting none of my energy none. Like all right, It's like when I saw it, it's like for me, you know, it's funny. I think I even saw the ad before it. I knew it was a thing or like the post, and and for me, I'm just like, what is this? Like yes, like okay, whatever, do you're not? This is not your real morning routine.
Speaker 2: It's it's and like, kudos to him because whoever's editing his ship is doing a phenomenal job because it's like click boom down. It's like they got like a whole little rhythm to it. Yeah. So me because he's getting all my energy. See I found him. Yeah, And I couldn't stop watching.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh so you were so I was. I was like, what do you call it? Went down a rabbit hole?
Speaker 2: I couldn't stop watching, And then I was like I hate this dude, Oh my gosh. And then I clicked off. So you're like an obsessed hater.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, so but what I was saying, so, you know I get my water delivered. Yeah, they didn't deliver Saratoga. So then I get an email this week from the company now delivering Saratoga.
Speaker 2: From from Saratoga or from Amazon, from the.
Speaker 1: So from Crystal Spring. So Crystal Springs or Primo brands, they're the ones.
Speaker 2: That deliver my water.
Speaker 1: Okay, So they deliver Mountain Valley, they deliver Crystal Springs, other brands and stuff. So in every week, you know, they send out their advertising yeah whatever, marketing emails. So this week I got a marketing email saying we are now delivering Saratoga water.
Speaker 2: Tell them, tell them to email me. Do I get a coupon code, a group on something, Yeah, let's send.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you how much it costs Okay, it's it's I'll look it up.
Speaker 2: It's cheaper than the Mountain Valley, but it's probably more expensive than the flow. The Mountain Valley is still the best. It is. I mean if you look at because I sw I saw something on Instagram like this, Sarahtoga's not even up there. No, Saratoga's probably two steps down from Mountain Valley. It's like Mountain Valley and a couple others that I have. Hawaiian I think Avion for sure. Hawaiian I think is up there. So yes, and it's very important for you to drink great water because it gets into your cells and all that stuff. Yes, and that is that is key. And to avoid the plastic bottles. Yes, that's what they say. So this this bottle in that bottle, this is car Tan carton ya this is so will this be better? Yeah? Okay, yeah, that's better. Okay. So oh and then I was drinking a lot of just water, but just water. It's not even up there. Just what's like that? It's like the just water. It's in the blue a few gains avoid okay, and talking about yeah that's like okay anyway, moving on, Oh, can we give just send some love to Teddy Meloncamp. Yes, I don't.
Speaker 1: I assume we've talked about it on the podcast before. I don't know, but Teddy is dealing with brain cancer.
Speaker 2: But we did talk about it. I think because the National Brain toomor Society they reached out to me. I didn't know yet. Oh, this was like I guess whatever day she announced it or it was announced, the National Brain Toomor Society reached out to me and they were like, oh my gosh, we've got to figure out, you know, if Teddy's okay. I'm like, what the hell happened to Teddy? So then I started seeing what was going on, and I sent her.
Speaker 1: A d M yeah, which you know, I don't need for her to respond, but I just want to let her know, like, I'm obviously very aware of all brain cancer and tumors and all that, so yeah, it's yeah.
Speaker 2: So she did.
Speaker 1: So she's on the cover of this week's US Weekly, so there's like a nice article and I think she also did like a video interview with them, and it's just really like you just my heart goes out to her. I pray that her treatments are successful, and they.
Speaker 2: Well, she's already had I think one surgery to get several tumors out and.
Speaker 1: Then but then found out like four more yeah showed up after yeah yeah, and like and it fantastasized to her lung. Oh no, yeah, because it's I think we may we may have talked about this because it originated from her melanoma, which is skin.
Speaker 2: Yes, where you know, I don't. Yeah, I don't recall where it's.
Speaker 1: Okay, So she had melanoma and then apparently her melanoma metastasized to her brain and lung. So just want to send her some love.
Speaker 2: Yes, Teddy, we are. And it's it's so funny because I always like, don't people like compare you to or like kind of like.
Speaker 1: Some Yeah, well the people that don't, people that hate me, like they hate her, they hate me.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what I'm saying. Okay, never mind, Okay, anyway, Teddy, we love you and we want we want you to to beat this as as best as you possibly can. So I do want to talk about my favorite subject, aliens. Okay, okay, because I've recently come across a post that made me so happy. Okay, Okay, So it says that Florida lands in the top spot on states who most likely will survive in alien invasion. Okay, how's that possible? Florida is like Florida because there's reasons. There's reasons. Research shows that there are several key factors, including the number of military bases and personnel, the percentage of scientists and engineers in the population, and access to vital natural resources such as forests and water. Also on this list, which makes me so happy, is Virginia, which is very close to us, and like because it's not it's not a take in my mind, it's not a takeover invasion. When the aliens come, aliens are going to be like friendly, and I'm getting I'm going to the alien party, like I Am going to be trying to actively become friends. Right, Yes, we're inviting them on reasonably shady yeah, Like why are we running for it? Why are we hiding from them? Well, I think they're trying to scare us and try and make us feel like, ooh, they're dangerous. But I think that aliens want to be our friends. Yes, we live amongst them. I say it all the time. So I'm very excited because if and when they come, they come pounced down, Giselle knows that they're they're I'm a zoom. We're to Virginia, Okay, I'm gonna pick up Ashley because that's where she lives and we're gonna have a good time with aliens. Okay, all right. So another thing I wanted to discuss is I did not know there was like this. Kelly Clarkson is missing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she hasn't been on her show for a while. She's back now?
Speaker 2: Or no? Oh is she back? I don't know, I'm not sure. But okay, So rumor has it per paid six that she wants to quit her talk show okay and leave New York, but NBC is desperate to keep her happy. NBC can just hire me? There you go, there we go? Or or if she wants to leave New York, does she want to go to La? And because they were in La? Can she they were? Yeah, she started in La. Oh and then I think she's been in New York not that many seasons. Oh, okay, yeah she started in LA. So maybe she does want to get isn't she from like a small town in Georgia or something? So yeah, I don't Yeah, she's from like yeah small But I felt that so, you know, I did Kelly Show sweet girlweet lady. I shouldn't call her girl, and but I felt like there was some energy like like I don't know it just it was a weird energy.
Speaker 1: Really, yes, like she's just like coasting by yeah, like going through emotions as opposed to like being like, to be honest, I thought it was strange that she even had a show to begin with, because.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I mean Ron and hating y'all. I'm not, No, I'm not because I mean, in my opinion, just came out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally. She's a great singer, yes, and so it's like, how do we go from just being a great singer to now just being to having this talk show? Like that didn't make sense. Same thing with like Jennifer Hudson, Like I'm just like, I don't that doesn't Yeah, it just didn't align in my opinion.
Speaker 2: But I like the format, like Kelly comes out, she sings, yeah, and then you know she has guests on or whatever, and just I wonder if just Jennifer sing m not often. I don't think. Okay, So I don't know. I listen. NBC has a lot of people to choose to replace Kelly, if that's gonna happen. Yeah, but maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess maybe she appeals more to like Middle America than like I realized.
Speaker 2: So then that's one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, she never would have been on my radar to be a talk show host.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I wouldn't think she would want to do it to be.
Speaker 1: Honest, right, a gig like that because it's every day, yeah, every day, Like yeah, she probably wouldn't mind a once once a week or you know, yeah that's a couple of times a month or something.
Speaker 2: That's that's why they're not going to off me to job because I'd be like, okay, when is this over? Yeah, Like I would want to do a ten day run right and go back home. Yeah yeah, yeah, that's a lot. It's like a super commitment.
Speaker 1: And so for me, for someone who is a musician by like, you know, naturally musician, like maybe she misses the music industry, she might because she probably did the voice.
Speaker 2: The voice, yeah, and that's that's in her lane.
Speaker 1: So it's like you're not necessarily singing, but you're in the music industry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so I don't know. Okay. So another thing I saw in that, I thought about you when I saw it. So they're they're people. They were asking people out there, what's your what's the worst airport that you that you hate but you feel like it's a mess. Oh why did you think about me? Because let me tell you why? Okay, because we were traveling somewhere Miami. But okay, okay, Miami from me too. I think Miami sucks and they won't. What is it like the.
Speaker 1: Gate is so far from the door that I came in, and Miami just creeps me out. Miami is just they need to upgrade it majorly totally. You know, there's airports like Atlanta Hartsfield that's humongous, yes, and you have to get on the train.
Speaker 2: But this this Instagram post, everybody said Atlanta. Everybody hates Atlanta. Really, I think it's I think it's a wonderful airport. It's huge.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you might hate it because you're running late and you and you're gonna miss your flight if you're running late totally to Atlanta Airport. But I respect it. It's like you know what I'm saying. Rob said, But I mean that's yes, like I know I could not get to that airport late. No, it's just in it. But it's nice, nice airport. They have nice amenities in there, they have nice restaurants.
Speaker 2: It's like, it's it's nice. The reason why I thought about you is because of Atlanta. Okay, so we were we were in Atlanta's airport for some reason, don't know why. And you know how you get on the tram and you were like yep, and Ashley was with us, and you were like, yo, let's let's walk it. And me and Ashley looked at you like, no, b's you ain't walking this ship Like no, because we had to maybe go because you you came down you start off at like T. Maybe I don't know, but let's say we had to get D. Let's say we had to go to C or D. And I was like, let's walk it. So we walked it, and it in the tunnel is like.
Speaker 1: All this nicety, the artwork and stuff, artwork.
Speaker 2: There's noises, there's all kinds of like things that are like sensory right, And I was like, oh my gosh, this is nice. So guess what. I always walk it to you always always think about you. I always walk it. Oh my god, that's fun.
Speaker 1: It's so funny because I don't remember doing like, I don't remember, oh you did that instance. I know, I know, I know I've walked it because because especially halftime, I'll choose the walk, but I don't remember like the three of us being together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was, no, we didn't choose. Rhyme said, we walked in this, so we did I encourage people to if you're in Atlanta's airport, just walk the tunnel, don't take the tram because everybody complains about the little tram. And I think it's probably because you, because you don't want to be nearing you anybody.
Speaker 1: That tram is like with people rhymes like I'm germer phoona.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be packed in bunch stuff. I just don't. It's all hot. So yeah, we did it, and and yes, and LaGuardia sucks. I don't even really like Newark. Yeah, but Miami, Yeah, Miami is the top one. It is trash.
Speaker 1: It is such trash, and and for it to be in such a nice city, it's just trash. Like there's no food, no good places. Now it looks dingy and dirty. Yeah, all the above. The people aren't nice, all the above.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I'm gonna say because I've been. You know, sometimes I fly to Hampton when I go see a door, and so I fly in Norfolk and not that I'm looking.
Speaker 1: For there to be a lot. Yeah in this airport, but I don't like it. There's nothing else by the time I get to my little terminal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ain't nothing here, ain't nothing here. You can do better. Yeah, all right it.
Speaker 1: I love though, Like when you get to an airport and you and you walk off, like get to an airport in another city that you're not used to, and you walk off the plane, like you can instantly get the vibe of that city just by walking through that airport.
Speaker 2: Yep, you're like, Okay, I know what to expect. Yeah, because let me tell you, New Orleans redid their airport and it is phenomenal. Yeah that's it. Yeah, that's it. All right, we're out here, guys. We love y'all so much. Don't ever forget to live your life either.
Speaker 1: Reasonable Oh sure, dude, bye bye.
Speaker 2: Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite
Speaker 2: Shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady