Speaker 1: The Nikki Glazer Podcast.
Speaker 2: Here's Nicky. Hello here, I am welcome to the show. It's Nicky Glazer Podcast. We are in Los Angeles this week. I was at the Grammys last night. It is a full fun room. We've got Brian Frangie. Hey, We've got Sean O'Connor. Hi, and we've got Andrew Collins.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: Hello, I am just fresh from doing I was late.
Speaker 3: You guys.
Speaker 2: You boys were like having your own podcast in here. I walked into the studio and it was like you were already so chatty and having fun and laughing.
Speaker 1: It made me feel so good.
Speaker 3: I mean, we were kind of discovering that every one of Andrew's friends are super wealthy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's independently wealthy in different fields. Also, it's not just like I.
Speaker 2: Wanted to become better and I noticed a trend.
Speaker 5: Things. So well, I'm the cool I'm not a I'm a cooler just for myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go through it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Andrew, your child of your childhood friends is a very famous country star.
Speaker 5: You went to with him last week? Really st Marquee.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, you're just talking about his new album he's putting out.
Speaker 5: It's really laid back with Scooter Jennings. Actually I should oh yeah, Blewis.
Speaker 1: It was the name of a character on Heavy Gilmore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Those actual Shooter McGavin.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 3: Yes, Scooter Jennings is the son of Way. He used to be married to Drea de Matteo.
Speaker 1: From the Sopranos.
Speaker 3: Depending on Sopranos.
Speaker 2: Se Sopranos, me too. I was Sopranos.
Speaker 3: Well, we were in New Jersey, so it's immediately coming out Sopranos. That's something version.
Speaker 4: That's what you should say it Sopranos is this erodyte.
Speaker 2: And then and that word in and of itself.
Speaker 4: You know what it means right away, even if you don't.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 3: Is the word. It's like when you have celery and carrots.
Speaker 6: Okay, day, I feel like it's like hello.
Speaker 5: And.
Speaker 2: I don't even I'm asking you, and I realized I don't even know what it would be, So come on.
Speaker 3: You, he said, he's right, okay, rude c r yeah.
Speaker 5: Crew de tay c Are you crude?
Speaker 1: Duff?
Speaker 4: Yeah A no, that's where sucked up these words.
Speaker 5: Don't learn them. This is why I don't learn these words.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because you don't want to be because it don't make sense to normal speaking people.
Speaker 2: Well know, what is a cre crew ditey It's like it could be did say it's a crew dte Like.
Speaker 3: You don't have to you don't have to talk about it, like it's an Italian woman.
Speaker 1: It's an I crew d I t e. That's it's like front and.
Speaker 2: I think it probably should have an accent.
Speaker 1: A goo at the end.
Speaker 5: So what is it? It's an appetizer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like uh, you know, raw vegetables.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when like you know, they have hummus with peta and crude tay, it's usually gonna be a bunch of ship you don't want to eat.
Speaker 4: Crew de te is also got the guy who who's the doctor the Oprah's doctor that John Fetterman, uh Ran, doctor Oz Oz, doctor Phil Oh, Yeah, he's also doctor Oz had a gaff during his senate when he was running for senator against John Fetterman in Pennsylvania where he said like do you remember it.
Speaker 3: Was oh yeah, no he was so basically he was trying to show that he was like of the people of the earth. Yeah, Like he was at Wegman's and he was like, all right, so Selary, what eight dollars? This is how expensive it is to make a crew de tay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was trying to relate to the common man. Yeah, so he got caught up crap. Yeah, yeah, very.
Speaker 2: Aerodyte aerodyte aerodype yea.
Speaker 4: Area are you?
Speaker 2: That's an ASATs is my new word that I oh tell me abouts. It's like a copy of something. It means it's ersats. It's like it's it's a less good.
Speaker 3: Copy e R s atz.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think that's it. I could be wrong.
Speaker 5: Vocabulary.
Speaker 2: I think I heard it was probably on like some kind of app I had, and then I think I came across it in like reading stuff, and then I would always look it up, and then I think I actually put in a in a note and then I would see it.
Speaker 1: But I think it just sunk in.
Speaker 2: Like last week on a vocab quiz I was taking on TikTok or like on a real that said, oh no, was YouTube and it was a guy that was like if I was.
Speaker 1: It was three o'clock in the morning, I couldn't.
Speaker 2: Sleep, and eventually it fed me this video that was like test your vocabulary. See how smart you are? And it was ten questions and it was one of them and I got it right. And now it's like in because I'm so proud of myself that I got it right.
Speaker 1: So now it's it's love.
Speaker 5: When do you get the balls to go?
Speaker 1: I can't even remember the word, but ersatz. Yeah, it's like literally never.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like with these words because this happens to me quite a bit. Uh, I have to wait five years after I'm confident of what it means to just start using it in conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to think of the one that I just got comfortable with and tried out patently.
Speaker 1: Trying patently. Obviously, isn't that patently? But sometimes people say that's why I don't. I'm not confident about it.
Speaker 4: I'm not confident either. Now you're saying I think.
Speaker 2: It's I think I think Sam Harris says patently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hear him saying.
Speaker 4: I got I got it. I'm gonna say he's wrong.
Speaker 2: I think he actually might say patently and I'm making it up, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: I hate that because I'll listen to a podcast of people who I think are like the smartest people in the world, and they're always been pronouncing words and that I start, and then someone points it out.
Speaker 2: Yes, I with taking things for because I know granted is the thing that everyone says wrong. Instead of granted, I will granted, say Nikki, whatever you think is the right thing to say, say the opposite and the because I usually would think, like I used, I train myself to do the opposite of what my natural inclination was.
Speaker 1: And then I go to I say granted granted all the time.
Speaker 2: I cannot, literally I can't say that phrase without clenching everything in me and being like, which one is it? I don't know, even though it's clear it's not a countertop, No.
Speaker 3: It's granted. It's like you just have to convince yourself. I'm stuck in a place right now with champing at the bit. Oh, but it's but it's champing. The Dirty Rock pointed out that it's champing because horses champ. Oh, And I don't know if that's a joke that Jack makes, but it seems so correct that I've just been doing champing at the bit. Do people think I'm an idiot?
Speaker 2: Well, I remember Kelsey Grammar going on like Conan in the late nineties and saying that, you know, he was talking about a lot of words that are mispronounced most of the time. And what I remember was people say culinary, and it's culinary, and.
Speaker 1: No one says it that way.
Speaker 2: But I think he is right, but I've never said I think it was like a bit, you know, It's like it's Kelsey Grammer, so that they were like trying to make a bit out of like what are some words that you know that other people don't and you're smarter than anyway. I was at the Grammys last night and all your friends are famous, and wait, Ja Cohen wasn't there.
Speaker 1: He's been before.
Speaker 5: I'm sure, Oh yeah, he skipped it. You know, he's busy.
Speaker 1: Deals has a song about Jaycohon. Did you ask me about it? I don understand it's speculated.
Speaker 5: I'm done.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's none of my business and I would never pry in that way because I just I don't do that anymore. I don't want that behind the scenes story unless she's willing to give it to me. And that's what I stand behind. I don't want I don't pray, I don't want to do any investigating. I just want to take it as it is, But I will say that last night she wore a tea, Like she had this awesome dress and she had like a little beaded like necklace thing hanging off like right on her leg, and it said tea.
Speaker 1: And it's like, oh, is that Travis or is it her? Or is it tortured Poe.
Speaker 2: It's like, who knows what's So it could be all those things.
Speaker 3: Could be a man named Tevin, could be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, her a long time manicurist.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's a diagram of the couldest act she grew up on it. It could be a tea.
Speaker 1: It could be cross, a broken cross. So you were so close to her, Uh yeah, well no, it's a bit.
Speaker 2: It was a big room, so she was like in the middle and I was like stage right with you.
Speaker 3: Had like the best seats.
Speaker 2: I had amazing seats for the two performances that meant well, the one two of the three that mattered the most to me. No, three of the four that mattered the most to me. Charlie XCX, Sabrina Carpenter and chappal rode right in front of me.
Speaker 1: They were on stage right.
Speaker 2: And and then Billie Eilish was in the middle, but like those were the performances I was most excited to see, and I was literally front row.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 1: It was incredible.
Speaker 3: It was I spotted you like four or five times really yeah, like and it was it was I was counting to see if I would see you more. Or Trevor Noah doing a speech about donating to fire.
Speaker 2: Rely, yeah, he really had to do a lot of fire talks.
Speaker 3: He did beat you there.
Speaker 5: There was.
Speaker 3: But five times that it was.
Speaker 2: It's wild because you're sitting there and like I would have to look around before I checked my phone because I didn't want to look at my of course, you want to look at you phone. And it's like a boring talk about something that is very important in the scope of things. But you have been you know, you're paying attention to the whole time, and like that's a moment to check your phone. But you don't want to be the one looking at your phone when they're talking about inclusion in yeah, in music.
Speaker 1: Or like or you're donating yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: You don't want to be like putting it together at Uber Eats order when they're talking about trans.
Speaker 6: Ring you're putting a palisades home. Yeah, looks nice.
Speaker 2: My one joke that I enjoyed of the night was, did you guys see Jaden Smith's Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: I said that that's one house I wish would have burned out. And I said that I literally the guy who someone someone that texted me has h He texted me his view of the stage and it's like completely obstructed by his giant househead, which, by.
Speaker 1: The way, backstage.
Speaker 2: When I was getting led backstage to my seat, I saw him in the corridor of like the stairs, you know, in backstage, and he was on the phone talking through the house, holding.
Speaker 1: On the phone up to the window.
Speaker 2: Yes, the call was coming from outside the house, like literally right outside. It so ridiculous, but he was, you know, obstructing my friend's view, and my friend is, uh, my friend was sitting next he sent a picture, and then my other friend was like, where are you seated. We're right behind you know, Jaden's househead, And I made I just quickly shot off the joke. Yet I wish his house would have burned on, not even thinking about the fact that the guy she's sitting with who sent me the picture his house did burn down. And so he comes up to our table and I go oh, because I know she goes.
Speaker 1: I showed him. He loved it, he goes, I loved it. I love it because he's like, I've been looking at this house head all night long, and the second takes a house head off.
Speaker 2: Then Willow Smith I'm on the table and starts dancing onto the table.
Speaker 3: I last night really tested my patience with the Smith family. I thought they were real unhinged.
Speaker 1: I thought it would be sipping tea over here.
Speaker 3: Because I thought it would be really funny if will slapped Jada in the house spun around.
Speaker 2: But I was thinking about that my my friend, like Will Smith passed us in line to go in the red carpet and I was with my publicist and he like he just came up and was like just looked at my I think Will Smith's just used to everyone knowing who he is, so he'll just give out a little like hey, nice to see you. And like my post is like, did does he.
Speaker 1: Think he knows me?
Speaker 2: I'm like, I think that's just the way he behaves, just to give people little gifts of Like Will Smith.
Speaker 1: Touched me and I was like the hand dude, I was like, wow, yeah that was he.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, it was. It was a WHI. It was a wild night. I thought it was incredible. It was so long, it was really globes.
Speaker 5: My god, Kanye getting kicked out.
Speaker 1: Well, I was on the way there when I saw.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at the feed, seeing like who's showing up, and I see his bride wearing nothing.
Speaker 1: I almost wore that early.
Speaker 2: I changed out of that when I put on my dress. We were almost wearing the same thing earlier. That was so sad to me.
Speaker 3: It's so set, so prank.
Speaker 2: He's pulling on her every time because you know he controls what she wears because he used to do it to kem.
Speaker 3: Oh. Yeah, it's and it's wild. It's so sad that they weren't invited. He just did that as a stunt on the red carpet, and then they were quickly escorted about even.
Speaker 2: Get on the red carpet. Like, I don't even understand you. We had to go through so much security to get through.
Speaker 3: To that point.
Speaker 4: My people probably just assumed Kanye was invited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean tickets and stuff. I'm really like they had.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter, Like it doesn't matter that I was presenting, Like not that anyone would recognize me walking in, but like it doesn't feel like they just let anyone through no matter what, like you've got.
Speaker 4: To prove, but he's not.
Speaker 1: Just had to put her a little purse through the thing.
Speaker 6: Like I can't than that, like, oh we let them in and we came back like a state kind of thing, you know what I mean, Like did they let him in the kick him out?
Speaker 2: I just hate that she had to get all dressed up and then for nothing, you know, like she had put on all the.
Speaker 3: Air I went to after that, like Smashburger.
Speaker 6: It was she did do similar things before they ever were together, so she did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I don't want to say it like.
Speaker 6: I didn't look too much into making it a little bit like it her early work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I didn't. I didn't see them. I was like right after getting on the red carpet, I was in like the long line and there was like a obviously a TSA pre check that I was waiting in line for like forty minutes to go through this with everyone that was walking the red carpet that was not someone that was noticed like recognizable, and then people are just coming through and I was like some people.
Speaker 1: Going through the celebrity line.
Speaker 2: I don't know who those people are, and I don't I know that no one else does because they're not getting the photo taken that much. So I need to get in that line. They put me through that line, and so I was like, I saw, I saw everyone I saw, not Taylor, though Taylor was at the very end after I had already gone through.
Speaker 1: She usually shows up, I think at the tail end. But yeah, I got to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was We'll get into that next.
Speaker 1: That was wild.
Speaker 2: So while I'm on the red carpet, I'm next to this guy who was a producer on Shaboozi's song. It was really nice guy named Nevin, and I was like, Nevin, I don't have my phone with me. I gave it to gen ZM because I wanted to mark the carpet without my phone, like hanging out my tiny little purse. And so I was like, will you you just get a picture of me with Olivia like in the background, because I was just like, so I'm like doing this like pointing at her, going oh my god. And then come to find out like she might have done the same thing to me had she known I was there, Like it it I'll tell the story later on because it's the longer story. We have to go to break. But that was one of that was Olivia Rodrigo made my Grammy Night, including a couple other people. But it was I mean, it was like one of the coolest things I'll ever get to go see and do.
Speaker 1: It was in my life.
Speaker 3: It was like watching it on TV. It was like, this is like the best concert ever, Like, yeah, it's so. It was so fun. All the performances were incredible. I mean, Gaga did a little too much during her uh Moms and Papa's like.
Speaker 2: Oh the California I'd see it was behind it, so I didn't see what it looked like on camera.
Speaker 3: It's the first time I've ever seen my son openly mock something. He just started mocking Lady gagas dancing without us, like you can see the dancing. Oh, she was just going like she was doing like like remember like when Jenna played Jackie Joran job job. She was doing Jackie. There was major Jackie Jorman job.
Speaker 5: God.
Speaker 2: That's so she was really embodying it.
Speaker 3: Like but it was, oh, it was great, what a performance. Yes, But Charlie XCXT like that was like I feel like my son's sexual awakening. Oh yeah, it was my sexual you started.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about all the performances and so much more when we get back.
Speaker 1: After we're back, Ye, Noah's asking about Doci.
Speaker 5: We don't.
Speaker 2: Noah's here, but we don't have headphones so we can't hear her. So she's texting Brian some questions Doci. I love her so much. She won Best Rap Album and I saw her. She was I was doing an interview with I think ET or something, and as I was walking off, she was walking on and I was like, I was.
Speaker 1: Doing her song and that was amazing to see.
Speaker 2: Her performance was like in the middle, Like it was in the middle, so it's kind of hard for me to see, but I thought it was incredible. I thought it was a great medley of everything she does. And she's just such a She's gonna be someone that we're gonna watch forever and no for timeible. Yeah she is.
Speaker 1: She's so good.
Speaker 3: She has staying power. You could tell it's because honestly, like watching it, I was like, oh wow, this is like welcome, like you are now a part of the music industry forever. Like it was like a statement piece yeap.
Speaker 2: That I thought the whole best New Artist kind of medley where they go into each other was really well done.
Speaker 3: Oh it was incrediblen. It was amazing. Like at the end of it, I was like, oh wow, I now know these best new artists everyone. Saund On who Rey was last night?
Speaker 2: That was sick. That was like felt like watching Whitney Houston live or something like the vocals on that was so insanely powerful.
Speaker 1: Even Teddy Swims like his vocals.
Speaker 2: Benson Boone, who I was a part of his performance which I got asked to rip his shirt off with Heidi Klum.
Speaker 1: That was so fun.
Speaker 2: So after the carpet, we get pulled back to like go back to his trailer and I'm back in this trailer area. It's like on a parking lot outside and a bunch of trailers, and I see Chapel Road and like getting her makeup done, and we're walking by and we go in Benson Boone's trailer. His parents are there. We're like talking outside and then we go in his trailer and like choreograph it and rip it off and like kind of practice.
Speaker 1: He's so chill, so calm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so like Timberlake moment and pull it too.
Speaker 1: Hardtcha God forbid?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was just worried that. Uh, I just was. I literally wasn't worried about it. I don't know I was worried about it. I was worried though, because I didn't have control over the moment. I'm not talking, I'm like doing. It's a movement which I'm not really great at moving.
Speaker 4: Right, Like if it goes wrong, you can't make a joke to say this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a piece of choreography that you were just like one coggan. You're one Coggan, a machine.
Speaker 2: And it's like it affects his performance, like it's not my performance, Like if I do something stupid, it makes him look dumb. And they asked us to do this, like and I don't really know the motivation. Is it funny what we're doing? Is it like I supposed to add to like the are we supposed to make him more alluring? Like I just and by the way, like when I got asked to do it, I said that there was a funny note at the end because they go, you know, we are not able to offer you a presenting role, which I understand now because everyone that presented was like a megastar.
Speaker 3: You're like, excuse me. I actually knew Quincy jokes on Spotify.
Speaker 2: I watched Parks and Rack and I believe his daughter was a big part of that.
Speaker 1: So I uh, They're.
Speaker 2: Like, we can't offer you presenting, you know, role, but we were wondering if you wanted to rip Benson Boone's shirt off before during his performance with Heidi Klum, which is I was like, yes, oh my god. And then Aadanda says, we want to let you know he is twenty two. We want you to be aware he is twenty two, which is like them kind of saying like you might look like a pedophile.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, isn't twenty two as fuck?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Time I checked, Like I don't I.
Speaker 4: Think in Utah it's fourteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He even wrote to me being like I just found out Benson Boone's twenty two. I feel disgusting, Like why that's lee? Like, I don't know why is it? It's no problem with men like a guy that's younger. It's like, I don't feel any sickness about being attracted to a twenty two year old, which I wasn't.
Speaker 4: Like that he should be younger, but like, why would I need to.
Speaker 2: Be warned about that? Like why does why would that look bad on me?
Speaker 4: Maybe they were saying, like he was twenty two, he's not eighteen.
Speaker 3: No, No, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think they were, because I think people mostly think he's older. And it's like, I don't think you have to apologize when someone's like if he was seventeen, I understand them being like, maybe this isn't a good look.
Speaker 1: When he's twenty two.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm sorry, Nicholas Cage is married to something Like I just looked today of like all the male actors who are married to people who are thirty five years younger than them, and I'm getting told he's what I can't do, like eighteen years. You know that's a lot.
Speaker 3: It is a space between us.
Speaker 1: I can rip that guy's shirt off. Yeah, I can do anything I want.
Speaker 2: But it was funny to me They're like, we do want to let you know we want to do I understand why they said it, but I kind of don't because I'm like, that's not a thing I should be ashamed of. And it wasn't like ripping off his shirt was me being like I want to have sex with him or I'm going to It was like it's a reveal of an outfit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's totally implied that you and Heidi want Yes, that's.
Speaker 2: Why we got our boyfriends out of the picture. They move and what Todd glasses? For some reason, they moved, Chris.
Speaker 4: This is a classic setup of ages, like the Graduate came out in nineteen seventy and that was the same age difference or more we all know about this age.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Benson Boone's team and Benson Boone himself, who I believe shows me and Heidich do it like they he wanted us to do it. They thought it would be funny. They were so excited that we were doing it. He was so like grateful that we did it, so nice, so easy to work with, Like I really thought it was something that the producers came up with, and maybe it was, but they seemed like, thank you for doing this, Like his whole team was so great.
Speaker 4: And then he did a front flip.
Speaker 3: Did that flip? I literally I reacted like I was watching Jackass and I was like, what the fuck? Like it immediately made me love Benson Bools.
Speaker 2: Started shaking his hips.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sweating and doing this now because he did it. He did it so elegantly and cool. When he landed it, he did like a little hop.
Speaker 3: That guy was perfect.
Speaker 2: Chris and I were talking to his parents and I was just like, what is it like to have a son this talented? I started like looking at them, they kind of are like they're closer in age to me than Benson is, which is wild. And I was like, later I was talking to Chris and I was like, if we had, if we conceived to tonight in twenty three years, he could be backflipping off a piano at the brand play it right, like it's not.
Speaker 4: The most kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, having a disgusting old woman feel off his clothing, you know, and.
Speaker 1: That looks younger than her who was decades old.
Speaker 3: Story, Yeah, you think Heidi got the email just so you know he's twenty.
Speaker 6: He got an email saying, do you know Nikki forty?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 6: You know he was on American Idol and like that's what I heard. Yeah, he like he had a great audition. No, he left the show.
Speaker 4: Before the end of it because he was getting successful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they like let him win.
Speaker 1: I think, Yeah, probably he felt like the stank of it.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, like we.
Speaker 5: Remember the winners of these shows.
Speaker 1: You don't remember anything.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like what directly, basically, they got a record deal before X Factor ended, and you're not going to win because you've already got something better.
Speaker 2: Right, It's I think those shows are amazing opportunity, but mostly like.
Speaker 4: Well, America's got talent is great to you. Well, the winners you remember.
Speaker 1: That's exciting for you. That I was with Kydie Klume. Do you want to know?
Speaker 4: I'm ant fan. Her fingers are so long. Oh she holds up peace sign all the time on a g T and I'm like, wow, those are long.
Speaker 1: Elegant fingers specimens. She's a lady.
Speaker 3: She is an all time great.
Speaker 2: Love, so hot and so perfect in person, like gorgeous, funny, nice.
Speaker 1: She wanted to like, I'm not even kidding you.
Speaker 2: She pitched loosely, but I know that she meant it that we make out behind Benson after we rip off his clothes, and I was like, oh, I would totally do that, but not make out, but like really kiss and I would totally do it, but I just didn't want.
Speaker 1: To steal the focus.
Speaker 2: I would do it and I think we should do something, but I don't think we should do anything after we rip it, like let him just take it, because we could do something.
Speaker 1: And I was like, this isn't our Brittany Madonna.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, moments they just fingered her, just like I think you should make out with her.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She was so down.
Speaker 2: Even when we were rehearsing it in the trailer, she was like I could have kissed her because she was like and then we kissed and she like went in for it, and I'm like, I love this one. She was so cool, so funny, just so easy going, like really it makes sense, really nice.
Speaker 1: She is as beautiful as she is, like fun and.
Speaker 4: Cool, beautiful on the inside and outside.
Speaker 2: She really I think she's and I got I think I secured an invite to the Halloween party.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, so you have. That's gonna be like thirty hours of makeup for you.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be or I don't wear any and no one knows who I am.
Speaker 4: Of course, so that last year she was that was her party where she dressed up like an amba or something.
Speaker 2: She was like a worm that was so like to night and she's like sideways on the red carpet, Like that was so hilarious.
Speaker 3: Weird she is, She's fine. She does not have to be weird. She's German bloom, She's she.
Speaker 4: Is who she's German weird.
Speaker 2: She rocks, she really rocks. We got to sit with her the whole night. It was like her and her husband and from Tokyo Hotel. I forget his name, so sorry. I don't think I ever got it. It was said, and then I didn't collect it. But he's a famous and accomplishment musician in his own right. They met at a party. I like asked about how they met. I was like, I bet she approached you, and she's like, yeah, she at first I tried to approach her and she did it.
Speaker 3: She did it.
Speaker 5: She's getting yeah, oh yeah, because everyone.
Speaker 1: Tom what call it? Call its Tom. I can't believe I didn't.
Speaker 4: Get Tom Tom, you know, but so simple.
Speaker 2: It was so simple, but he was so they were so nice and so cool to me and Chris, and they were sitting there to Gaff again, who did a really funny bit making fun of.
Speaker 1: The Lakers trade.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, that was really.
Speaker 2: Good, and Trevor came up to him and asked him to do that literally right after his monologue.
Speaker 1: He came and pitched him twenty minutes before he did that.
Speaker 3: Oh that's great.
Speaker 2: It was so funny.
Speaker 4: And then live television, you know, in the moment it was.
Speaker 1: It was cool.
Speaker 4: By the way, though, you're the pull your pull off. His shirt was absolutely perfectly clean. It was like it was like a magician pulling a table cloth.
Speaker 1: I thought about it a lot.
Speaker 5: It was like a pedophile pulling.
Speaker 1: I just went with, Yeah, I thought about it a lot. I practiced it.
Speaker 2: I like talked to his people about in the seamster guy seamstress. I don't know what's the tailor the I talked to him about where the perfect place to grip it was. Heidi was more like, yeah, we're just going to do this, and I was like, but then we rise when he says to lose you and then rip it on you and I was trying to but she just like and she just knows how to mail it.
Speaker 3: She was kind of following your lead a little bit because you you like chewed her like she was a little late, like.
Speaker 4: Okay music timing and she had she has the uh like fashion timing.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes she was, Yeah, she was.
Speaker 2: She was yeah, and then we kept each piece. She was like, are you going to keep yourself? I was like yes, she was, Calen's keep him forever.
Speaker 1: She was it was really cute.
Speaker 2: She's like, when you see your picture with both pieces, and we never did, but she was like she was so cute.
Speaker 4: I just realized I'm like a huge Heidi Klum fan. I used to watch Project Project Right.
Speaker 2: It dawns on you like after you meet these people or like you like hear a name and then you go, yeah, I like them, and then after they walk away or after you take a second, you go, oh my god, this and this, like I've had relationships with this person in my past that you kind of forget, like Kelsey Ballerini of all people, like I had seen her on the Red Car. I kind of saw her maybe in pictures when I was on my way there, and I like am obsessed with this one performance she did at one of the VMAs of Penthouse, which is one of I think the greatest songs of all time, Like it's truly in my top ten. But there was this moment I think I've talked about it on the podcast where she was like she looks like she's like about to start crying and it gets really awkward in the room and the music kind of drops out, and then she just like takes it back in her dress. Like It's one of the coolest performing perform moments I've ever seen. I showed it to Chris. We've like analyzed it to be like, how did her dress fall off? Where did it go? Like it's the coolest thing ever. And so I was obsessed with that song for a really long time. And then I was sitting there during commercial break and Kelsey Ballerini comes up and they're like talking to Heidi and then she's kind of like, I just want to say I like love you so much, and she just looked such like a normal sweet girl that I just assumed she was just like I just couldn't place it, and I go, what's your name? She was like, my name's Kelsey, and I was like, oh, nice to meet you, Kelsey. And then I'm like and then what's your name? And then he was like Chase, and I'm like Chase Stokes and Kelsey like it's all coming together. And then she they keep talking to Heidi and I was like, oh my god, that was so embarrassing that I didn't know, like recognize her, and then.
Speaker 1: I just go Kelsey. She was like yeah, and I was like, I love you and she was like you do and I was like I do. I've studied you and she was like.
Speaker 2: Really, She's like And Emily told me that she was watching from like back and she saw Chase and Kelsey kind of like being like she's right there, like should we.
Speaker 1: Go talk, like kind of plotting it. I don't know if that's what they were doing, but.
Speaker 3: I had the upperhead, like you, I would have never soon forget anyone would give a ship.
Speaker 2: But it was so sweet that like all the things she said to me meant so much, and like just it's so cool when someone that you've admired or like you were just like so talented has like is getting the same kind of jitters talking to you. And I had that with her and it was amazing, and like christ and I go, do you know who that was? And he's like, oh my god, you showed me the video so many times, which is so exciting. And then we exchanged numbers.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Oh my god, that's all amazing.
Speaker 6: Your songwriting you can maybe hit I don't know, you're at the point where like if you want to write another song.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, a couple. I mean one song in my life too.
Speaker 5: I mean I don't know, you're like that.
Speaker 3: I'd be friends with them and then like you know, like like yeah, be like hey, like we jammed together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I just want there. I have no motivation that way. I just do if I think being around it though, like you absorb it and kind.
Speaker 4: Friends friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I need a lot more hours under my belt.
Speaker 4: But you know what's cool about the Grammys that you being at the Grammys for them is that this is their like music space and you're a comedian being inserted in there. You'd be like if you're in a room full of comedians and you're like, yeah, Chris Rockin is amazing. These people see these people every day. But then if even like I don't know, uh.
Speaker 1: Selo, you like, oh my god, that's.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, you're like a real like a real celebrity and like.
Speaker 1: Don't think of it that way.
Speaker 2: And Chris had to remind me, he's like, you are, don't think of yourself as a fraud here. Think of yourself as the only person that doesn't like that kind of stands out in this room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, Like did Herbie Hancock come up and talk to Jim Gap.
Speaker 5: It's you're nominated.
Speaker 1: Man, It was like.
Speaker 5: That you've been nominated for thirty things.
Speaker 4: I mean it's yeah, what age is Herbie Hancock? He's old? Okay, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: I would have thought he was dead, no offense. No, he was playing incredible. He was in the pocket. He was like truly so good.
Speaker 3: Like he was so good that he played piano for Stevie Wonder.
Speaker 1: Who he's such a good point, he was so good. She sang for Stevie Wonder, who's awful, waiting for Stevie to say he didn't, but he could have because he gave.
Speaker 2: Us a little taste later on he did, because he just played a harmonica and I was like, when is he going to sing? And then he Chris is like maybe he can't now, and I go, but with that kind of if you're able to like play blow and have that kind of control with your air, like I think you can sing.
Speaker 1: And then so he just chose to just.
Speaker 4: Well, I told you when I went to see Dave Chappelle's documentary screening at the Hollywood Bowl, Stevie Wonder was there as a special guest. Oh yeah, and Stevie Wonder came out and everyone and Dave Chappelle was like, and Stevie Wonder and everyone's clapping and we're like, yeah, Superstition, give us something. And Stevie Wonder came out and he goes, I just want to say that it is wrong to try to cancel Dave Chappelle and you should be ashamed of yourself. And now I am going to go home to my wife and he walks off.
Speaker 2: That's what you can do when you're Stevie Why, because you can't even feel like if you're first of all, being blind. I was realizing last night when he was talking he has to memorize everything. He says, there's no teleprompter for a blind person, and that is like hard to be a blind celebrity because celebrities be relying on that. Even like the most from the heart speeches were in that teleprompter.
Speaker 1: I'll tell her, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: So it's like when he was talking, I was like, what's he going off of? Man, Like that's incredible, but he yeah, that was really cool. And then so like the best part of the like the thing that I just couldn't even believe was when it was towards the end of the night and I had been watching Olivia Rodrigo throughout the evening because I knew she was there.
Speaker 1: I thought she had one of the best dresses.
Speaker 2: She just looked amazing, stunning, incredible artists. She's got good take like Olivia's so legit. She will be around forever she is. Yes, that's right, your white Ally.
Speaker 3: I love Olivia Rorick Goes so much and I think she's the greatest. I think her albums have been perfect. And she's so young too, Yeah, and she's really grown into herself, like she is a fine young woman.
Speaker 4: Well that one song, that song that the most popular song of all. I just heard it for the first time in like a dentist's office good for You or the one that's like brilliant Vampire. Yeah, I mean, I didn't know is Olivia Rodriguez was just sitting in a dentist chair, which is what I do frequently, and I just heard this song and I'm just getting I was just getting amped, and I was like, man, what is this song? It's so rare that you hear a song like that for the first time. You're just like this song is amazing.
Speaker 3: My wife and I went to see her at the Intuit Dome and like we were the only people our age there without kids. Yeah, and like the couple in front of us was like talking to us. They have like eight year olds there and they're like, where's your child? They were like, oh, at home, we're we're actually the fast this.
Speaker 2: Is You're right, Yeah, she's not for like she's for everyone. Like I've loved her almost like at first I wanted to fight it because it was like, there's no way someone this young can be this good and like kind of write this kind of songs I would want to listen to, And I don't know, I just like I didn't dismiss it, but I was just like, you know, the first song, Driver's License blew my mind and came out during COVID. Was listening to it so much then deja vu. I think I spent a really long time with There's like so many moments I've had with her music, very similar to my trajectory with Taylor Swift, like kind of just had moments where it's like this is going to be my thing and couldn't stop playing her music and just almost like crying and to her lyrics and discovering pieces of myself. Anyway, it's been like that for her for me. And then so I'm watching her the whole time because I had like a perfect view of her. We're on opposite sides of the stage. She's all across the room.
Speaker 3: And when you're at one of those events in the crowd, of course, you're like looking going like what are they enjoy?
Speaker 2: Like during commercial break, there's nothing to look at except the celebrities, and I don't want turn around, but she's I don't have to turn around to see her. She's right, like, I just have to turn my head slightly, and she's so far away she couldn't even see me staring at her. So it was like not risking anything by just and she's so cute. She's there with her boyfriend and they're just they're being like lovey dovey but not over the top, and they just look like they're having their own little good time. They're not like schmoozing too much. She's not, She's just she's just adorable. And then at one point I'm sitting there and I kind of look up and she's like kind of walking towards our section, and there's no I haven't seen her do that. No one's like crossing the rooms like everyone's going to sing in the middle because that's where all the famous people are. And I'm we're getting no traffic towards our side because there's no reason to go over there.
Speaker 4: When you see Olivia Rodrigo walking in your direction, the expectation that she is walking towards you is zero percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, You're like, she's probably here, She's probably Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm serious.
Speaker 2: It was like a two percent part of me that was like, maybe she is a fan, like because it just happened with Kelsey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe.
Speaker 1: It's in the realm of possiblity.
Speaker 5: At some point it has then there.
Speaker 1: Might be So she's getting closer.
Speaker 2: But then I'm like, maybe they're pulling her backstage to go present because it's kind of like the way, but she already presented, and so I'm going through all the things, and I think Chris clocked her too, because Chris obviously knows who she is because I've just listened to her so much, and and Chris, I only know he's thinking this because later on he told me, like we were both kind of watching being like this, she's getting really close, Like oh, she must be saying hi to Heidie like a meteor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like oh man, that's like getting bigger.
Speaker 3: Hey, how she was discovered.
Speaker 2: I totally was like, maybe she has some backstory with Heidi, because Heidi's literally right next to me and she just locks eyes with me, and I think she's just gonna say something because maybe she recognized me and she's on her way to the bathroom or something and she just goes.
Speaker 1: Hi, You're my favorite comedian and I just I had to com meet you her boyfriends. She's like, I love you so much, and she's.
Speaker 2: Got this like wholesome, great voice and like she's like, I'm sorry to bother you. And I was like, Olivia like to be able to even say their first name.
Speaker 1: I was like, I was like, I can't even believe I'm saying her name to her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just was like, you don't understand I girl, I'm obsessed with you.
Speaker 1: And she's like no, no, and I'm like a girl.
Speaker 2: And then we're both like holding onto each other and I'm like I've studied you and I couldn't like think of what I wanted to tell her because all the it's like that's too much to say, that's not like. I was like, I can't tell you how much I love you, like I truly and she was like, no, you I make him watch everything you do and she's like yeah, she makes me watch like kind of the boyfriend thing, and.
Speaker 1: She's like, I just had to say something. I'm sorry about you.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you made my life, like you are you you mean so much to me. And then Chris does the best. Chris takes a ton of pictures of us hugging, like I have all these moments that are like I didn't want to post on my Instagram because it feels like it was like breaking her privacy. So we But then Chris smarty Pants went and grabbed my friend Kevin Mazur I believe is.
Speaker 1: How you say his last name.
Speaker 2: One of the best photographers in the business, and he's always my butt at these things. And he goes and grabs Kevin and it's like Kevin come back, and he gets a picture of me and Olivia together her a fictional picture that she's aware of. But I do have my own pictures of us hugging and like her hugging me and like closing her eyes as she hugs me and like us like gripping onto each other. I mean, at last we talked for like two minutes. She's like, how's your evening going? Like this is fun right, like so normal And I say that about a lot of people, like they're normal and cool.
Speaker 1: She's like, how's your like night going?
Speaker 2: Like I don't know.
Speaker 1: She's like how is it going?
Speaker 2: Like are you having fun? And she's like yeah, And I was like, you guys are so cute. I've been watching you the whole time. Are you guys are having the best time? She's like, you know, we're a little tipsy, We're just having fun. We're having a good time. Like she's like it's not too bad, like not drinking too much, but like get kind of getting there and just like enjoying it.
Speaker 3: Show.
Speaker 1: She was so sweet, so cool.
Speaker 2: And and then she walks away, and I'm like flooded with all the things I wanted to tell her that I didn't tell her.
Speaker 4: This song and that song they feel like it lasted, like like you're falling and it's lasting like forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: I kind of wanted her to go away because I couldn't handle it. Right, does that ever happen to you guys?
Speaker 2: Where it's like something so good and you're like, I wanted to stop because yes it's perfect, and I don't want.
Speaker 4: It to you gotta get out while while you're on top.
Speaker 1: I don't want her to find out I'm not cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, how many minutes would I have to have to have take it?
Speaker 1: I think like it was just it was two minutes. Is all I need was someone?
Speaker 2: And then because I also didn't have time, I knew I wasn't gonna have time in that moment talking to her to like come up with what I needed to say to her. It's like winning an award, not planning an acceptance speech. You've got to think about what you're gonna say, because in the moment you will be flooded with so much adrenaline you will forget.
Speaker 1: Her last name, like it could have like I could have forgotten anything, of.
Speaker 3: Course, Like it's it's it's being in the moment so much that you're not actually able to pull out things, like you can't say like oh, I like this song and here's why I like it or anything like that, and then like you don't want to be like, oh, you're getting tipsy. Don't drin it too much.
Speaker 2: I was just so like just I couldn't handle it, but it was so cool. It was one of the greatest gifts I've ever been given in my life is having Olivia Rodrigo be a fan of me. It's like, like it just it made me go, Okay, I have a responsibility. Now Olivia Rodrigu is watching. I need to make comedy for her. Not just for her, but like young girls Kelsey Ballerini, Olivia Rodrigo are paying attention. Stuff that I do matters to them, Like I want to think about, like what do I want to bestow to them because they've helped me so much? And that's what So I later on saw her at the valet. They're right in front of us, her and I forget her boyfriend's name, but they're waiting, and I pull up the picture that I took earlier that evening that Nevin took of me pointing at her like with her in the four behind me, and I go, Olivia, just to prove that I'm obsessed with you, I took this star.
Speaker 1: She goes, no, you did it, No, you did it.
Speaker 2: I was like, I truly love you, and I let me just I collected my thoughts. Here's what I want to say to you. I was like, thank you for the song Pretty Isn't Pretty? I heard that song once. The first time I heard it, I like really needed it. And I cannot believe someone who's so young wrote a song that helped me with aging. It's crazy that you were able to do that. You are one of the best artists that's ever lived. You're I just I can't wait to watch you the rest of your It was like I got to say what I wanted to say, yeah, and whisk them. And then her car was and I was like, your car is waiting, Please get inside, like I don't want to, your driver's waiting, And then she drove off, And I can't wait to go see her on the road and try to hit her up and be like can I say hi again back? Like I just it just it was the coolest. I don't even I don't need anything else from her, Actually.
Speaker 4: No, says Lewis Partridge.
Speaker 1: Is her boyfriends Lewis Partridge. They were very cute. I hope they last forever. They're very young. I just want young love to last forever and ever.
Speaker 3: I find her magical and I really love her. I think she's amazing. That's so cool. She was so nice, and it's also great to know, like listen, you are making traction with the Olivia Rodrigos and Kelsey Ballerini's and like and like yes, when we were in Atlantic City, the crowd was like forty five year old Italian men and it's like those you were forever for the people.
Speaker 1: Making jokes for them.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I know I'm learning who my audience is, but I feel like I do have. It made me feel like a musician, like the way that music has affected my life and like given me messaging that I needed to get through tough times. It's like that's what these these musicians are probably relying on comedy for that like a thing they can't do to say the truth. They have to talk in metaphors. This girl gets to talk like and just cut to the chase, like I need to. I need to do as much as they're doing for me in that regard. So it's like it was a new kind of calling coming forward. Yeah, moving forward. Not because I'm like I want celebrities to like me, but it was just like she represents a young girl that it's just yeah, it was. It was awesome that I could resonate with her whatever how you say that.
Speaker 3: I'm I mean, pretty isn't pretty? I remember hear it when we like Eron and I were listening to that album that first morning, and when I heard that song, I said to Aaron got a little upset when I said this, but I was like, wow, sounds like being a girl is really hard.
Speaker 2: It's I love that I should have said this to her, but and we'll go to break. I love that song because it doesn't have a happy ending. There is no you know, even TLC's like you can die a hair if it won't grow, you can get to know. It was like, but you're so damn I'm pretty. It's like but if you got to look inside, you find out who am I to and it's like about like finding your worth. But that song is like you're never going to be pretty enough, and it's the systems fucked and like it's just fucked. No matter what you do, it's not going to change. Like I like, I like an unhappy ending.
Speaker 4: That's a generational thing and it's such a Bopretty isn't pretty?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go.
Speaker 2: To break and then we'll come back.
Speaker 1: And we're back.
Speaker 6: So you had a moment with well, the Kendrick Lamar moment where everyone said a minor at the same time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, can you imagine Drake has to be I feel almost lost sad for him.
Speaker 4: He's just suing now, he's not even doing rap anymore.
Speaker 3: I mean like even jay Z was dancing when they said a minor.
Speaker 1: It's wild.
Speaker 2: It's yeah. It was like there was something about, like the answer is to choose violence.
Speaker 3: We learned last night.
Speaker 1: I like, it's it's it's wild that that one.
Speaker 6: And you know we're in a Canadian tuxedo. People are pointing that out. Yeah yeah, to rub it in.
Speaker 5: I know it would be weird. They just didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Emily is the biggest Drake fan, and I'm like, how do you feel? And she's like, it's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 2: I'm like I saw. I was like, I saw a meme of Drake like talking to Rihanna. Have you ever seen that one where he's talking to Rihanna and she's she says something and he's like he's like laughing so hard.
Speaker 1: It looks like he's trying to art.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what does it make you feel when you see that?
Speaker 1: Do you correct?
Speaker 2: She's like I just felt like, you know, there's some times that like he does make me cringe, but I just love him so much.
Speaker 3: Like I've every picture of Drake and Rihanna, I see myself and Drake, Uh that ulverable and actually I react with that like that to just her Instagram posts.
Speaker 6: I've seen her in person before the hotel I would kill myself.
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 1: Hotel suicide. The hotel I will say.
Speaker 2: I wanted to say who the most stunning people were in the room last night in person, and I didn't see everyone up close, but I have to give an award out because it was so insane how hot this person was in person.
Speaker 1: Uh, Casey Musgraves was truly one of the most.
Speaker 2: Beautiful people I've ever seen in person, where it like it's she's already like a ten out of ten without question on you know, on Instagram, but in person it was just like so stunning And I usually am not one to be like but.
Speaker 1: In person, you don't understand. They glow like I don't like when.
Speaker 2: Celebrity celebrities are talked about like that just makes me feel shitty.
Speaker 1: But she her and Jlo seeing.
Speaker 2: Jlo was also there, and I got to meet her in person for the first time and it was like like we're old friends.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 2: She also she just looks so ridiculously. It's just there's it's just next level. It's out of this world. It's unfair, doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: Truly, it feels like she came to Earth on like a meteor.
Speaker 1: Perfection.
Speaker 5: It really.
Speaker 2: They were two of the most stunning people. Gracie Abrams also no, but I'm such I'm so mad.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I just like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, like, yeah, we are buddies and have chatted and stuff, and and I know she would not like to meet me, she wouldn't be annoyed by it. But I was just like, she's got a lot to do tonight people and I kept looking over at her seeing if there was a window. But I would have to like walk up and people would like kind of watch me desperately, and I would have to interrupt her talking to someone else. I just she was wearing a veil. I didn't want to interrupt her on her wedding day.
Speaker 1: She looked.
Speaker 2: I just sent her because we were chatting. I just she was like, why didn't you say hi? And I'm like, I'm I'm so sorry. I was too shy and like I but I literally I've never gotten goosebumps from seeing a picture of someone, and her beauty gave me good. I sent her a picture of my leg that I took a picture of to put up maybe on my Instagram, because I got goosebumps from looking at a picture of her. And then in person, I didn't really get a chance to see hercuse she's behind me and you don't really want to turn around and just be like gawk, galking.
Speaker 1: She looked so.
Speaker 2: Stunning and then Olivia, Oh my god, up closet.
Speaker 4: That's why Olivia did was perfect because it's like the queen is coming to you, and it's like you don't you want to be walking through the crystal to me.
Speaker 2: Like you need to start going up to people because you don't understand like the gift that Olivia gave you. She could have convinced herself you, oh, she doesn't want to meet me, And I'm not no Olivia Rodrigo, but like there are people that would be honored for me to go up and say I'm a huge fan. That might just like and it wouldn't take anything out of them to know that, and I might be giving them a gift that I don't know of. Sure totally, so I should have said something. But but I.
Speaker 6: Watching them people perform, are you like, oh, I see, like you're so close to just like do you see that how they take over a stage?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Learning The fun part was seeing them after because the camera would like it would go off them and you got to see them, yes, you see, like chap Will just kind of be like it's over and like kind of like her shoulders kind of drop and like calm down, or Sabrina Carpenter just kind of like, yes, I did it. It's over and I nailed it. Like having watching that moment, or Charlie Xix and all those people like hugging and celebrating after all the dancers with each person was that was a fun part and you kind of like see the real them in that moment. But yeah, the I mean, Chapel was insane.
Speaker 1: It was perfection.
Speaker 2: You just watching these people, you're like you just feel so comfortable, You're not worried about them at all, even though I would be so nervous, there was no point in the whole show where I felt nervous for anything.
Speaker 3: I mean performing so wild to me that like Sabrina Carpenter not only did she have to sing her song in a different way at the beginning, but she alsoid do physical comedy ba that was why and it was flawless.
Speaker 2: I want to I gotta watch that how that looked on camera because it was cool in person, but dropping the thing and then the light.
Speaker 3: Oh, it was incredible, Like and I don't love I love Sabrina Now I think Sabrina is Charlie Chaplick.
Speaker 1: She's so funny.
Speaker 2: Sabriena's really funny, like she That was such a good performance. And then I will say hearing Cynthia Rivo's voice in person was I think, I I think I get into heaven now because like I think there's something your ears. Hearing that live is like I've never heard a better voice in my life, like like a just more flawless and just so you just can't even believe it's coming out of someone like that sound. It was so in control. And then the ray was also that kind of vocal performance that just we Heidi was like how do you spell her name? Like we were all like googling her afterwards, like where have we been on?
Speaker 1: I've been sleeping on this lady. She was incredible.
Speaker 2: And and then Trevor. I've never met Trevor Noah, but I want to say that he right after he finished hosting the fucking Grammys, like it was like, cut, we're done, I'm making my way out. I'm talking to someone in the crowd who recognized me and like just taking a selfie with them. And he I didn't know this because if I knew he was waiting, I would have been like fuck you, like like you know, wouldn't I would have just been like, hold on one second, I gotta get to this guy who just finished a show and has to go back stage and like meet a bunch of people.
Speaker 1: Trevor waits for me to finish having.
Speaker 2: A conversation with these two people and then just to tell me and great job on the Golden Globes.
Speaker 3: Amazing and it was and.
Speaker 1: I've never met him before.
Speaker 2: He was so flawless as a host, Like that's the show that I would always want to host. But I'm also like no, because it's that's a room that does not get comedy.
Speaker 3: It's a thankless job. And for him to do it five years in a row, where like you can't really do like a monologue with any real bite, no, like it has to be like jokes about like Luka doncic, like yeah, where you're not making fun of anyone in the room. And then like you have to be really somber at moments.
Speaker 2: He and but you and you just have to be as flawless as all the perform you have to there's a musicality to it.
Speaker 1: You just have to you have to be cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, like.
Speaker 1: Isn't cool, but he is.
Speaker 2: I think he's just that's not a job that I would want to be able to do it the popular.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was he was.
Speaker 1: That was really awesome and like really meant a lot.
Speaker 6: Went through the thing, Like not many people feel that pressure. Yeah, like you're one of I don't know.
Speaker 2: But him doing it at the time, he just seems like I just love watching someone who just doesn't seem tense. I think that's the take, Like that's the best thing about celebrities, when you're watching people like who aren't nervous and are just so expert at something that looks so hard and just seem to do it, like Bens and Boone, just like chilling before his debut at the Grammys as the Best New Artist and having like the kind of swagger of someone of like a Stevie Wonder, like the.
Speaker 3: Idea of the wild, the idea of being twenty two and like a lot of America doesn't know who you are. And then you're to be performing in front of Taylor Stuff, Beyonce and like every major producer that you want to impress and just be like Glazer and he are gonna rip off.
Speaker 6: My because if he does that flip and he lands on his face, his career is over.
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: But there's no chance he would.
Speaker 2: He's done that flip a million times and never fallen. Like you don't understand, Like, this is the thing I wanted to talk about in that goddamn book, The Anatomy of a break or the the.
Speaker 1: What's it called whatever?
Speaker 2: The breakthrough book I'm I'm reading it was it was talking about I don't I think I told you this weekend about this, but I don't think it said on the podcast there was a thing about the free solo guy.
Speaker 1: And did I say this on the podcast you told me about this, Yes, but he was able to.
Speaker 2: Like we think about that guy who just does l Capy Town without any harness or anything or ropes. I've always thought like, wow, he just gets lucky and he's like he's very obviously skilled at it. But he when he does that, he has no question that it's going to go great because he's done it literally as many times as possible with the ropes that it's never it's never gone wrong. And if he has any doubt, if it's raining, if the dew point is off even a margin, if he's like feeling like his throat's a little sore, he won't do it. He only does it when he knows for sure everything's in place for it to go well. So that what you learn from that is there is there was no risk for him. Ever, there was one climb he did where he decided there was a little bit of a weather thing that happened that made him go a way that he hadn't gone before, and he realized that there was a thing that he was going to do that was like fifty to fifty of he was gonna die, and he had to do it because he had gotten himself into his corner and he said, I'm never doing a climb again. He did it because I'm never doing a climb again where I'm not one hundred percent sure for everything.
Speaker 1: So you don't have to worry.
Speaker 2: About that guy ever because he is He's mitigated for every risk that could ever happen. And I realized that's what we did with the Golden Globes and the roast is we did. I thought doing all that repetition was about like finding the greatest jokes to do, and but it and it is that, but it's really about doing it so many times that going into it, I had no worry that I was going to kill There was there was no There was nothing in that set that I hadn't done perfectly. There was no margin of error. Yeah, you have to That's what you have to do, is you. And he's Benson Boone has done that flip so many times. To us it looks like what if, But he's done.
Speaker 1: It so many times.
Speaker 2: He's there's no chance he could fall. He has no doubt, and so he can do it with ease.
Speaker 5: No doubt.
Speaker 4: Was that the other concert Live aid, Oh yeah, yeah, they did no doubt songs.
Speaker 1: Did I just say no doubt?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there was no doubt?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, weren't.
Speaker 4: I think it would have I think it would have been worse if he instead of falling on his face, if he did the flip and he looked like it was hard. I think that would have been worse if he was like.
Speaker 3: Oh it was so flawless, so cool. Yeah, you do a flip right now.
Speaker 5: I've always right.
Speaker 1: It would be so cool to be able to do it back.
Speaker 6: Back flips off bar and get some laid within second. Yeah, it's like it's kind of like, yeah, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Wealthy people, acrobats, you know them all.
Speaker 2: They're all just doing flips and counting cash around.
Speaker 3: The scud flipping there.
Speaker 5: So cool being close to it.
Speaker 2: I love that you're rubbing scl on your hat. What is that?
Speaker 5: Saint Louis?
Speaker 3: This was I'm aware I nailed that.
Speaker 5: I've fucking nailed that. You know when you say Saint Louis three thousand times?
Speaker 1: You did live there for two years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like it's part of me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, it's part of you. That's a hell of a long time.
Speaker 6: The golf course there, Okay, shut out that golf course?
Speaker 3: What's that? What's the park court?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: Where is the park that we live next to?
Speaker 1: You don't Forest Park?
Speaker 5: Forest Park? I love Forest Park.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 2: It's bigger than Central Park.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you remember it's calling you backing me?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that in that one tie place and.
Speaker 1: Uh wait I thought.
Speaker 2: I took my dogs to the forest park the other week and all of a sudden they got like and I like looked around and there was a fucking huge ass coyote like wolf thing that I'd never seen before, And I'm like, if I wouldn't have seen this, it wouldn't have been like a snowy day with like a lot of snow where.
Speaker 1: You can easily they would have it would have gotten them.
Speaker 3: And I was like, do I reported?
Speaker 1: But then they might kill it, So I just bet it Mariam. I feel like it's her time.
Speaker 2: It really was like, oh, it looks so hungry. I wasn't gonna go get it like some food. But then I was like, it probably won't be able to get that.
Speaker 5: Really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're not supposed to feed coyotes.
Speaker 4: Oh, then they'll they become reliant on human handouts.
Speaker 1: Okay, good.
Speaker 2: Good to know. Thank you guys for listening to the podcast. We'll be back tomorrow with more. Thank you for listening.
Speaker 1: Don't be good and buye.
Speaker 2: The Nikki Glazer Podcast is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and iHeart Podcasts. Created and hosted by me Nikki Glazer, co hosted by Brian Frangie, Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Han Sonny and Noah Avior edited it engineered by Lean and Loaf, video production Mark Canton and music by Anya Marina. You can now watch full episodes of the Nicki Glazer Podcast on YouTube, follow at Nikki Glazer Pod and subscribe to our channel