Speaker 1: It's Sunday, August fourth, and Team USA is distancing itself from the competition in the overall medal count, enjoying its largest lead so far of the Paris Olympics A.
Speaker 2: The United States has now won sixty one Olympic medals, fourteen of them gold. France now a distant second with forty one total medals. China has thirty seven.
Speaker 1: That is impressive and welcome to Amy and TJ. The biggest stars for Team USA were in action Saturday, including at the track where sprinters were running through a lot of rain and there was an unexpected empty lane and then an unexpected result. All that drama to crown the fastest woman in the world.
Speaker 2: Plus in American swimmer finishes third but doesn't win bronze. We'll explain. Katie Ladecki keeps making history an American three peats as Olympic champion. The palmahorse guy does it again, and stop me if you've heard this one. Some mon Biles competes, some mo Biles win goal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's almost an foregone conclusion at this point, at least after what we've seen with this Olympics. That's a pretty cool spot to be in.
Speaker 2: She is three goals in right.
Speaker 1: Now, Yes, and more to come. I would suspect she's got what left. She gets to do the floor exercise and she gets to do the beam. Yeah, she's doing two more and so yeah, today we have Sunny Lee on the uneven bar. She's the only American competing in that event. Finals. But yeah, a lot more simone to com which is always good for those of us.
Speaker 2: Watching and those of us those who have been listening to us here. You know, oftentimes we are recording when we're watching events live. So we got live Bad Midton going this morning and again Robes every morning. You were up with me for the most part all morning this morning. But I usually have some story for you, But the one today would have been and you saw it happen the women's semi final of Bad Midton. Now, most of the folks listening to my voice wouldn't make that appointment viewing necessarily.
Speaker 1: I know that I wouldn't have otherwise.
Speaker 2: But you saw one of those just heartbreaking Olympic moments, one we didn't even know from Spain Carolina Maren. She is up in her match, has to retire because she has a knee injury.
Speaker 1: She retired in the middle of the match. And this is Rio's gold medalist, So this is somebody who has had a storied and incredible run at the Olympics, and to see it all fall apart in the middle of the match was devastating.
Speaker 2: Up one set and up in the second set, so she was kind of on her way, maybe going to another final.
Speaker 1: They were saying she was cruising to a gold medal, That's what some of the analysts were saying.
Speaker 2: But to see her on her knees screaming, not I don't even know. I don't think that was in pain. She was screaming just an agony of what she knows. She couldn't continue. To see an athlete that knows they can't keep going, you know, she would have given anything, so you know she had to be injured.
Speaker 1: Gives me chills in the worst ways. She was punching the ground in just utter frustration, devastation. So just it's it was excruciating to watch. She's had an amazing Olympic run, but it's hard to see it all happen, actually see it end on live television, and that's exactly what just happened.
Speaker 2: But again, some of the other Olympic moments. We'll have this for folks later, but we just had a really good time talking to a couple of Olympians who are going to be competing in coming days. They're Olympians who some even question if they're Olympians and should even be walking around Olympic village, like what are you doing here, kid? But it was cool to talk to these guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talked to the park skateboarders from southern California and they are, man. You know, you get a stereotype of a skateboarder from southern California, will they fit it. They they're chill, they're cool, and they're they're just kind of off being there, don't really care so much about getting the medal, just enjoying the experience, man, because this is what they love. It was it was fun. We can't wait to share that with you a little bit. They compete next week, and these guys we talked to, they are the best, the best, including his seventeen year old world the world champion, the.
Speaker 2: Number one rank. That's seventeen years old.
Speaker 1: Oh he is chill, just chill, like so chill, Colin jo just chilling. Now back at home.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess he's made it back. This was a weird one. Here was a he had the assignment in Tahiti, which was a great assignment. He was the roving reporter for the coverage of the surfing there in Tahiti. And I guess a lot of people go to Tahiti and they're known for their coral.
Speaker 1: Well, coral to look at, not coral to step on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his foot looks like he went dancing on it. But Colin is gone already, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So he he'd made, of course, the funny man that he is making jokes about the fact that he had already been injured more than any Olympian and had visited the medical tent more often than any other actual athlete, because he yes, he ripped up his toes pretty badly on the coral. And then the bad part is then he got an infection and I think they even said it was a staff and which can be very serious. I mean it can actually be deadly. And then he got an ear infection I think on top of that. So he was joking that his feet and his head couldn't go on the water, but he was not opposed to getting his torso wet so, I mean, he tried to make all the jokes he could about it, but it actually got so serious they had to sent him back home.
Speaker 2: And he did. He's been reporting with his no shoes on. Whether that's a good idea or not, who knows.
Speaker 1: But it turns out I don't think it was a good I think if he could go back, he probably would have worn reef shoes or something to that effect.
Speaker 2: But we can smile about a little bit only because the funny man, the SNL guy, is still making jokes about it. We will stay on top but that and get an update. Hopefully he's fine. Sure he's uncomfortable, but hopefully he'll be all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we will wish him the very best. But he still had a big smile on his face. As long as he's laughing, we can too.
Speaker 2: I guess we had some smiles and some tears yesterday. This was appointment viewing for us yesterday as well. It's kind of been one of the biggest stories of the Olympics.
Speaker 1: That's right. It was an emotional victory for Algery and Bachman Clive. We've been talking about this story for the past several days, but this victory in the ring guarantees her a medal, which is incredible. But she's been fighting perhaps an even bigger battle outside of the ring, a battle of misinformation, online abuse, and this is all over people questioning her gender eligibility. And you know, her father even had to get involved and he was providing proof of her birth certificate that she was born a female, that she is a female. And so this has just been a tough battle for her. But she beat Hungary's Anna Lusa Hamori, who, by the way, contributed to some of that social media I'll call it scrutiny, but others would say abuse or bullying. Uh. She essentially compared her to a beast in the ring and a lot of people calling her a person and not a female. I mean, just really tough stuff. So now she has to go into the ring with this woman who has contributed to some of this discord in the quarterfinals of the women's sixty six kilogram match. I think is what it's called is it worth? What is it called? Weatherweight? Uh? Wilter wait, I knew I was gonna get it wrong. You kno'd begin with a W. But this means at least that Khalif will She's guaranteed a bronze medal and she's advancing to the semi finals. But we watched and waited for fire, us like what are these two women going to do in the ring when they finally meet. But you know what, it was a clean and fair fight, and I was heartened to see that despite what was happening outside of the ring, both women were civil. They showed sportsmen like behavior towards one another. And you know, Khalif was the better boxer, and the judges agreed so like by far was it wasn't even close. And when they lifted up her hand, it wasn't until after she left the ring and was walking away that the emotion of the wind and I would imagine the past few days just washed over her and we saw her not just cry, but she sobbed and and I just in that moment, you know, we can all talk about stories and kind of almost clinically talk about them or have an opinion, but you really saw the human impact in that moment. It just it all came over her. I got tears in my eyes. Our daughters were watching. I know Ava got tears in her eyes. We had chills just thinking what this poor woman has been through at the same time trying to win an Olympic medal. I mean this is her second Olympics.
Speaker 2: Aside from if you throw out all the controversy, you throw everything, none of that, none of that ever happened. This is a person who's been fighting for since she was a kid. And in that moment she got out of the ring, she just realized she just won an Olympic medal. Yeah, you would cry over that anyway, given all you've gone through and sacrifice, to think of everything on top of that, I can't imagine what that emotional release was in that moment. I guess we kind of saw someone.
Speaker 1: And you know, it was so cool. I get since reliving it watching it, seeing that crowd cheering her on, supporting her.
Speaker 2: And that's not just Algerians.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody in that crowd was cheering her on. And I hope she feels that love and that supporters she goes on to the semifinals now, and good for her because even her father said, because he just said, this is immoral, this is unfair, and I hope she wins the gold and I think a lot of people will be rooting for her for a lot of different reasons because she is beyond all of this, an exceptional boxer. And the IOC president Thomas Boch I think we've all seen him over the years, so I'm at opening ceremonies. He spoke out yesterday. He finally wanted to put this to rest, but he defended Khalif, saying, what is going on in this context in the social media, with all of this hate speech, with all of this aggression and abuse and fueled by this agenda, he said, is totally unacceptable, and he said she should not be questioned further. She is absolutely eligible to compete, and he really wanted to put a rest to this, and we can only hope that will be the case. Khalif will face Taiwanese boxer in the semi finals that happens on Tuesday, and we will be watching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope this is done. I appreciate the IOC. I mean, what else is there to be said about it? Yeah, it's done. Yep, letter fight. Well, the fastest woman in the world this year will not have the title of fastest woman in the world. All right, let's explain here we Yesterday was the day track and field is one of the highlight events the one hundred meter now by most accounts and most guesses and most betting lines, she Carrie Richardson. This was her race to lose. I suppose because she has been the fastest woman in the world, currently has that title because she's run the fastest time in the world this year. However, she struggled a little bit. We saw her in her prelium. She actually lost in her early round to Julian Alfred of Saint Lucia, and it looked like and rose we were watching like she was laboring a little bit to finish, just to qualify for the next round. And then a lot of people kind of scratch their heads, Well, she'll get it together in the final final comes around. Sure enough, Sha Carrie comes in second to the same woman that beat her in the early round, Julian Alfred of Saint Lucia. The cool part about that story is Saint Lucia, the pitons that we love there.
Speaker 1: I love those mountains, Oh.
Speaker 2: My goodness, we love We both spent time on that island. This is their first gold medal ever in the history of that island.
Speaker 1: Congratulate you know what, And she earned it. She was amazing to watch run. And you know, I guess I just didn't realize Sha Carrie is five to one. I had to look it up. And you know, just to think she does what she does with her body in this speed at which she does it with given the fact that from a stature standpoint, she's at a disadvantage shorter legs, longer legs, I imagine that has to be a part of it, the physicality of doing what they do. But you know, everybody raised their heart out and it was it was a beautiful thing to watch Julian celebrator, oh yeah, with her family and her supporters, and I believe it was her coach in the stance, just the tears, the joy, and it was because it was unexpected. No one I didn't her name wasn't on any radar that.
Speaker 2: I saw, at least to that point. The three women who were on the podium for one hundred meter in the last Olympics, it's Tokyo. We're all three Jamaican women. All three of those women were not in this final. Two of them didn't qualify, and then one of them dropped out unexpectedly. Shelley Fraser Price. She has won two Olympic gold medals in the one hundred meter and right before her race and the semi she dropped out. Everybody's like, what's going on, and it's some injury that hasn't been I haven't seen it fully explained anywhere yet.
Speaker 1: We just saw the letters d NS did not start that was flashed on the scoreboard just moments before she was supposed to race, Shakerri and Julian and all the others, and so they literally said there's an empty lane, and really no explanation was offered. We got the explanation later that it was an undisclosed injury, but it remains undisclosed as of this recording.
Speaker 2: But given I mean, given her history, this is her fifth Olympics against she won back to back gold medals in this event, we know it had to be serious because we know she wanted to be out there running. But we set it up that way Rose because given that those three Jamaicans were out of the final, Sha Carry it looked even better for her right to win the gold. But sure enough, Julian Alfred, it looked like Sha Carry got didn't get off the blocks very well. It was a slow start for her and she was struggling just to get back to that second place, that silver medal position. She did, but we have to what do you do here? Robes And this is not a failure, but to some it will seem a bit of a disappointment because she was expected given what happened with Tokyo, and we've been waiting for her to have her Olympic moment. It the expectations was so high.
Speaker 1: If that was what I was just going to say, I cannot imagine the pressure of going into the Olympics and it's it's your entire country is expecting you to win gold. These sponsors who has sponsored you, expect you to be the gold medalist. They have poured I can't imagine how much money into you with all like she's in every commercial you see.
Speaker 2: So Loan Sha carry who else? Who are bigger faces for the United States and the Olympics. Even every time you turn on the TV you see those two faces. I mean, who else would it be?
Speaker 1: I mean it's non stop. Noah Lyles perhaps a little bit too, you know, he's not as.
Speaker 2: Lone the commercials and whatnot. Sydney the hurdler maybe, but.
Speaker 1: No, You're coming into these games and it's your first Olympic Games. You know what happened. You got disqualified from Tokyo, so you feel that pressure and now it's your moment. All these years everyone's been waiting. That is I can't imagine. So to have gotten silver is still a phenomenal feat for obviously, you saw how incredible those women were. They are like the best of the best, and she got a silver medal. But I know that's not what people are expecting. So you hate to think that getting a medal, and especially a silver medal, is a disappointment, but in this case it was.
Speaker 2: And this is the this is the This thing's even more I said, the fastest woman in the world does not have the title the fastest woman in the world. Obviously, whoever wins thee hundred met at the Olympics, you are the fastest woman in the world. You keep that title until the next time around. So Alfred, Julian Alfred, who won the gold medal yesterday, ran the one hundred meter in ten point seven to two seconds. That was the winning time yesterday. Sha Carrie this summer, at an earlier meet ran a ten point seventy one. She has run this year faster than the woman who just won the gold medal. Yeah, so Sha Carrie knows she didn't have her best race because she had better one if that same time she beat it already this year.
Speaker 1: That's the Olympics. The Olympics, you get a shot and sometimes it's just not going to.
Speaker 2: Sucks out that it sucks. But congrats to SHAKERI. You have made us all proud. It has been fun to watch you and watch you since two thousand and twenty one. And all that happened to her then, which still some people are pissed about. That was a travesty, but that's fair. That sucks.
Speaker 1: I get that, I get that. Some some people had a better day yesterday than Shakerry. And his name is Ryan Krauser and we watched him do his thing and the shot put, and you know what, he has won gold in three straight Olympics and that has never been done in shotput before. And it was fun. He got his gold winning shot at the very end and we were all watching, you know, they grunt, they're spinning around to watch because you just don't get to see that at any other point in any kind of sporting event. And he did his thing and it was raining. We should mention watching all this track and field events. I was impressed because it's one thing to do it on dry footing. And I know they have special shoes and all of that, but that's got to be worrisome when you've got, you know, a big heavy shop but you're spinning. It's raining watching. But he did it, and it was awesome to see him win. It was it was really cool moment.
Speaker 2: But it's hard to I mean, he the same event three straight Olympics. He has won gold. That is incredible. And to see these big guys all look like they're about to go chop wood.
Speaker 1: They look like Vikings, almost like big Vikings, and you'd think like, oh, they're just big mudheads. But no, not Ryan Krauser. No, he has a master's in finance, a bachelor's in economics. I love these fun facts.
Speaker 2: He's more than an athlete, and he has studied this. He credits some of his analytical training in school that has helped him now to craft or to help him in his craft. And he has other people study him and his technique, and he has created a whole new techniques for the spinning and how it does. He talks about how the body movement necessary. It's INCREDI these aren't just big dues spin around a circling throwing a sixteen looks like is not. We need to give them credit where credit is due. With congrats to him win goal in the same event in three straight Olympics. That is extremely rare. That is extremely hard to do. Hold my beer, says Katie Ledecci. She has now won gold in the same event in four straight Olympics, the eight hundred meter freestyle, so she is even one up the Krauser. But this is another one. You know what felt good about this one? She beat the Australian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's your thing. You can't stand it, like if we if we lose, if we get second, third, okay, as long as the Australians didn't.
Speaker 2: Be they've got they have us caught up in this rivalry. But to see her beat deadmost was great. But this is the greatness of Katie Lidecki. Once again, every sentence with her history is included in the sentence when you're talking about it, So more history here. She's got nine overall medals and she's still talking about twenty twenty eight. So I don't think we're done with her Olympic career.
Speaker 1: I love that. Can you imagine just the toll that swimming takes on you, what you have to do to be at the level they're at, and to potentially go and do five Olympics, that is remarkable to me. But if anybody can do it.
Speaker 2: Katie Lideki fifteen sixteen at that first one.
Speaker 1: I think she was fifteen if I recall, and yeah, and she's still at it, and good for her. She is inspiring women everywhere. I love this because we're watching this as you know, washed up over the hill folks, but all the young folks who were watching the athletes, the future athletes, that these athletes are inspiring is such a huge part of this. And I love young girls getting to see what's possible and new sporting events getting added to the Olympics. It's just cool to give people and kids' motivation to to do better, to do things, to be athletic. I love that.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear anything you said after we're all washed up. We are, though, but no, I'm bean. You do not speak for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, you know what you know we should put. You know we're actually recording this and what are we about to go do?
Speaker 2: Run a half marathon. Us all washed up.
Speaker 1: We're about to run a half marathon. It's six twenty seven in the morning here right now, and we we're wrapping it up because we get we got to beat the heat in the humidity here in New York City.
Speaker 2: You're already dressed. I am sitting here in pants and no shirt to get my running shirt in my lap. That's the scene.
Speaker 1: So that's true. That's true.
Speaker 2: Watching bad midden, three banana and three coffee mugs on the table. I just want to set the scene.
Speaker 1: Well, we we've been sitting on a couch a lot, so it'll be good for us to get a little work out in. We are training for the Chicago Marathon, so we're halfway through. Actually today today is the halfway point of us training fun for the Chicago Marathon. And I do have to say watching all of these Olympians has given me the extra inspiration to continue, because there are a lot of days where I just don't feel like running, especially when it's hot and humid.
Speaker 2: Today are gonna be all right, you good.
Speaker 1: I will get through it, and I honestly like I will be thinking about all of the incredible athletes I've seen over the last few days and it's gonna get me going. So that's also a cool thing. I think it maybe inspires other people to get up and move and maybe do a fast walk no run.
Speaker 2: Question you always. I wish we could go fine. They probably do have numbers about if gym memberships increase, you know they do in January after the holidays. Yeah, but I wonder in the Olympic time, do they see more people going to the gym.
Speaker 1: I would think that's very possible. I'm seeing all these incredibly fit, fierce women and I'm like, hell, yeah, girl, and I want to like do what I can to to just I don't know, fulfill that physical need we all have and sometimes we just lose it. We think I can't do that, But you know what, you can do something today. So that's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna report back to you. Better have a good run, because if you don't'm all everybody.
Speaker 1: I don't like pressure. Don't give me pressure. You know what who does really well under pressure?
Speaker 2: Transition? I don't do that.
Speaker 1: I mean, if only I could be like Simone, uh no, she is amazing, and wait, Simone Biles should have DJ kalid As her hype man at the Olympics explain this.
Speaker 2: See this is what I'm saying. Everybody knows because Simone just needs to walk around every time she competes. She just walks in the room and DJ Kalet should be there. Another one. Oh my, she's going for a metal, another one, gold, another one. And that's what Simone Biles has done. She's got another one, another gold medal. And she did this. This didn't look very difficult. What I mean is it was never in question. When Simone lands and she smiles, I know she's gonna win gold because you can tell there's she knows it and I'm think, okay, she's good.
Speaker 1: Well, she makes the most difficult and dangerous vault in the world look easy. And yes, the moment she lands, actually, as she's landing, when they do it in slow mo, you can see when she's coming in for the landing, she has a big smile on her face because she knows she just nailed it and she knows she's going to stick the landing. It's remarkable to watch her do what she does. And yes, this vault she performed is so dangerous and so rare. It's actually named after her. It's called the biles too, So she picks.
Speaker 2: Up gold in the vault, and you said floor and beam. She still she.
Speaker 1: Still gets to compete on those two events, so we still have more simone biles to watch, which is very exciting.
Speaker 2: Right, And a weird scene at the pool, and an unfortunate one where an American swimmer finishes third in her race, so that means you win the bronze, right, No, Alex. After touching the wall and third place, she thinks she won the bronze. This was a two hundred meters individual medley. Officials then after a review, disqualified her, saying she did not complete the backstroke. She did not complete the backstroke portion of the race. But they're essentially saying, I'm not sure what you're trying to explain to me here, baby.
Speaker 1: But because I read that she was disqualified for an illegal move on the breast turn because she was rotated fully onto her stomach before touching.
Speaker 2: The wall, we're talking about the same thing here, the backstroke. Yeah, when you finish that, you turn around and touch the wall. They're saying she didn't. She turned around too early, so you're supposed to backstroke all in all the way to the wall. But they are essentially claiming she got some kind of advantage because she turned over and didn't complete and didn't finish the backstroke fully on that lap as an individual medley, so you have to do the breast, the butterfly, the back and the free right right, that's their argument is that in that trend position she didn't go all the way.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's so said. And then the worst part was her sister, Gretchen was watching and saw it happen, and her heart went straight to her sister. But she had to focus because she's also part of Team USA and just you know, not that long after this all happened, she then had to compete in the four by one hundred mixed relay team, and so she really said, even though her heart was breaking for her sister, she had to keep her head focused on her actual match. And well it worked because Gretchen won gold with her relay team. In fact, they set a world record, So congratulations to them. So heartbreak for one and gold for the other sister.
Speaker 2: She said in that she was in the warm up pool. Yeah, and she said her sister, she sees her win bronze. She then just does a little warm up lap and by the time she comes up and looks her sister doesn't have bronze anymore. And can you imagine what that family, that family goes from a goal from this one and to the disappointment of that one. And that was a tough moment to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and no one probably knew the heartbreak more than Gretchen because she knew what she knows what it's like and what work went into that and to see that just disappear over you know, rules are the rules, and they understand that, and I'm sure it was just it was a mistake, but it was a costly one.
Speaker 2: So yes, it's the Olympics. Boy, can it can hurt sometimes, can't it? But we do have these other stories in these moments. And one of the biggest moments of this Olympics will forever be remembered. Where Stephen Netarozik, who helped course the US men when the team bronze. He is a pommel horse specialist and he was robed back at his specialty yesterday.
Speaker 1: You know, it's so cool. I mean, obviously it's amazing to win a team medal and that means so much to this group who's been together, working hard, but to have an individual medal is also just remarkably special. And he was the only member of Team USA, the men's gymnastic sticks team, who actually qualified to compete in the finals on an individual event, So that in and of itself was a cool thing for him, and then for him to actually meddle because the pommel horse, we saw it in as much of the competition as we've seen, threw a lot of guys off. Threw a lot of guys off, and it was heartbreaking to watch hands slip off, people falling, gymnasts falling off the pommel horse. But man, that guy can pommel horse, and it is awesome to see him do what he does and just to be celebrated the way he has.
Speaker 2: And that will continue. He will have a heroes welcome when he comes back to the US. But congrats to Ireland. I mean, the guy who ends up getting the gold in this is the first time Ireland has ever had a goal in gymnastics.
Speaker 1: So I love those stories and just to see, you know, the whole country just give a huge collective hugged one person. That's really really cool. I love watching those moments.
Speaker 2: Well, we're we're watching you didn't like how they put it, and I loved it. It's very blunt. But there was an athlete, a commentator was a former olympian, was saying, my job here is to keep my dream alive, and the way to do that is to kill yours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was That was ruthless. And I understand that we are talking.
Speaker 2: Everybody there has an Olympic dream, and the only way yours stays alive you gotta in somebody else's. That is cold, It's.
Speaker 1: Not where my head goes. The truth.
Speaker 2: You see this, We're watching bad Midton. One of these dudes right now is going to kill the other one's spirit and dream in just a few minutes.
Speaker 1: Wow. I mean that is one way to look at it. I guess to focus on the positive for everybody. Oh wow, okay, Nike, that's nice. I like that. I mean it is I gotta you gotta get into the headspace that you need to be in to win, and to win you have to be ruthless sometimes, but you gotta play by the rules. You gotta play by the rules. A nia.
Speaker 2: We got to get will to foll on this.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, all right, we are watching of course more Olympics Today tennis is a big one. It's happening right now as we're recording this men singles gold medal match. Of course, Novak Djokovic and Spain's Carlos how do I say his last name? Alcoraz Alcoraz top two seeds competing for the gold medal. So this is exciting and going to be one that everyone's talking about it. It's one of the big, big, big gold medal wins.
Speaker 2: The oldest guy and the youngest guy ever in the final yep.
Speaker 1: And our other fun fact that Djokovic is his fourth time trying to get his first medal.
Speaker 2: He's zero for three in the semis that the.
Speaker 1: But he is in the finals, so this is going to be exciting. And the women's doubles medal matches are happening as well today. Table tennis always fun to watch, but they actually have their finals this morning as well. You can probably catch replays of those. Gymnastics, we have the men's rings final and the men's vold final, but no US athletes are going to be in those. As we mentioned, Steven Netorozik was the only one who was actually able to compete qualified to compete in an individual event.
Speaker 2: American.
Speaker 1: I actually have that as a note here. Even though there's no Americans competing, it is incredible to watch these men, just the best of the best compete on these events. So it's so worth watching in my humble opinion. And then the women's uneven bars final is today. That's I think happening at nine to forty Eastern time. But that's Sunissa Lee, Sony Lee, and this is her event, so I am really excited. She absolutely is a gold medal contender, so that's going to be very fun to watch. This is the last day, the final day of swimming events in Paris, so that's a big deal. And we've got some I think there's a fifty meter freestyle final in women's and a four by one hundred medley relay final. The men have a fifteen hundred meter freestyle final and a four by one hundred medley relay final. So four wants to watch there in swimming, and then track and field, this one, this one is must we can find out who the fastest man in the world is. Today. The one hundred meter final, all eyes on Noah. That's at three fifty Eastern times, So what that pressure is going to be tough for him. What do you think, I mean, what are they saying?
Speaker 2: What are they saying? It doesn't matter. It only matters what he's saying, because that dude can talk. He's got a great personality, he has fun, he is. He is that kind of confident and cocky that you know.
Speaker 1: I love No a lot. Sorry, we can't wait to see him. Also, there's the women's high jump final and the men's hammer throw a final. I've been loving watching all these drag and field events and women's basketball. We should mention that too. They are playing Germany at eleven to fifteen Eastern time, and yeah, they're expected to win everything.
Speaker 2: Always step on the court.
Speaker 1: Again, So another full day of Olympics. We'll let you know how our half marathon went. But thank you as always for joining us and for listening to to the t from Perry.
Speaker 2: Again, we're not married to that