Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Tuesday, October third, twenty twenty three. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show. It's me your Man, MG, Marcus Grant joined by Michael f.
Speaker 2: Florio. We got a fun one today, folks.
Speaker 1: We are hitting up the fan mail bag to answer some of your biggest questions after Week four, and our palm Mattlecatta is gonna drop by with his top waiver wire targets. But let's get going with some of your questions. This one coming from Charlie, who asks should I trade Chris o'lave.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like I know the answer to that, but you go ahead.
Speaker 3: I would say no, like right now, I feel like you're trading him at a low point.
Speaker 4: And then you look at the game he had this past week.
Speaker 3: I know he didn't put up big numbers or anything like that, but he had been seeing big volume previously. The big days are coming right now out Yesterday was more about Derek Carr than anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's surprising that the Saints really went with Carr. I wonder if they're gonna go to reevaluate that because he just didn't look good at all. This one coming from ZD Boy, who wants to know how am I supposed to feel about Jayleen Waddle. The Dolphins offense is on fire, but Wattle consistently seems like the odd man out. Oh what are you thinking about that one?
Speaker 3: He did have a touchdown called back due to penalty yesterday. And I know the targets aren't all that high right now, but they weren't all that high last year either. He was averaging less than seven targets per game. Tyreek is the vacuum there.
Speaker 4: Wattle.
Speaker 3: Maybe he is not going to be a wide receiver one this season, but he's still far too good, I think, and brings too much upside that you gotta start him each week.
Speaker 1: Because the ceiling is so high, right and like right now, the floor has been very low.
Speaker 2: I get that part, but the ceiling is so high.
Speaker 1: It is a little concerning though, if you've got Jaalen Wattle, when you see Braxton Barrios and River Craidcraft and those guys started getting involved in the offense, because that does take away from Waddle. As you mentioned, Tyreek Hill's going to be the guy. I would try to hold the fort with him. But if you're getting a little bit nervous, put him out there in some trade offers, see maybe what you can get. A question from Gunner what to do with DJ Moore At this point, this feels kind of like a sell high maybe opportunity.
Speaker 3: You either sell high or you keep starting him. Like he's been at least thirteen Fantasy points in three straight, giving you nineteen Fantasy points per game in that span, and he's on pace for a career high in yards and touchdowns right now. Like if you don't believe it, try to sell high. But there's nothing, no benching or anything like that when it comes to Djmore.
Speaker 1: I think the other part of it is there really no other receivers that you can count on to take targets. Maybe cole Comet gets some work, but look, the Bears told Chase Claypool to stay home. I mean that's what it is right now in their wide receiver room. So, like Florio said, either you hold on him and you keep playing him, or you try to sell high and see what you can get. One last one, this one from Deshaun Djecks roster won long term tank dell or Nico Collins, oh textan on Texan violence.
Speaker 3: Here, it's Nico Collins for me who has been had three really nice games, two huge games. But this is just kind of a lesson at wide receivers, Like both of those two are in play each week. Variants is gonna make it where like one of them can have a big game, but the ceiling is too high, I think, and they pass way too much for me to want to get away from both of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nico Collins for me, is the number one wide receiver there in Houston. So he's the guy that I would roster long term. But I don't think you can go wrong with either of them, because as Mike said, there is going to be week to week, there's gonna be Collins weeks, there's gonna be Dell weeks. There might even be a Robert Woods week thrown in there at some point. But uh, Nico Collins is the wide receiver one for my money there in Houston. Looking at some guys maybe who aren't top of your list but maybe should be coming up, we have to buys starting in week five, so we'll take a break. Come back, we'll talk some waiver wire with our pal Matt o'cada. That's after the break on the NFL Fantasy Football Show. Let's get some The top waiver wire targets for this week are pal Matt o'catas put together a list four week five. A couple of quarterbacks, actually a quintet of quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: CJ.
Speaker 1: Stroud, who's slinging it for the Texans, Sam Holl doing big things for the Commanders, Josh Dobbs playing really good football right now for the Cardinals, Zach Wilson coming off a surprising performance against the Chiefs on Sunday night, and Taylor Heineke, who very well might be taking over the starting job for the Falcons. Some running backs to note, Chuba Hubbard in Carolina, Jalil McLaughlin with Javonte Williams a little bit banged up in Denver, and Melvin Gordon who got a target which blew me away for the Ravens. Pass catchers Adam Feeland, Romeo Dobbs, Michael Wilson, the rookie for the Cardinals, Josh Palmer, Quinton Johnston still in play for the Chargers of they do have a bye, keep that in mind. Curtis Samuel had a touchdown for the Commanders. Tyler Boyd steps up with t Higgins banged up, John news Smith.
Speaker 2: Right now the number one tight end in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Let's pour some out for Kyle Pitts, Jake Ferguson doing good things in Dallas, and Cole Comet a couple of touchdowns for the Bears. This is a chance for us to welcome in the man who puts together our waiver wire list every week.
Speaker 2: It's Matt o'conna.
Speaker 1: You can check out his column at NFL dot com slash Waiver Wire.
Speaker 2: So we got five teams on a bye this.
Speaker 1: Week, Matt, we got the Browns, the Chargers, the Seahawks, and the Buccaneers. You were very high on some quarterbacks, including a rookie down there in Houston.
Speaker 2: What do you like about CJ. Stroud?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this feels like a big quarterback week, honestly, with a couple of good ones on Bie, a couple of performing some injury stuff. CJ. Stroud is the number one go to for me. He is already right now a top ten fantasy quarterback through not only the first four weeks of the season, but the first four weeks of his career. Two hundred and eighty plus yards and two touchdowns in three straight games, and that includes this week against the Steelers, who we all know are very good defense. Next three weeks are the Falcons Saints, which are both good defenses as well, and a week seven by And I don't care if you have an elite qb Ad Stroud, so your league mates can't have him. If you don't have an elite QB. Stroud is your new starter. He's lighting up the league. He is quite possibly already the lock for offensive Rookie of the Year at this rate. And I'm willing to run him out there, match up agnostic against anyone. In fact, I wanted to play a name game with you guys. If you're down really quick, would you drop these guys to add CJ. Strout, Dak Prescott?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah though yeah, Trevor Lawrence, Yes, I would want both.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I'd be willing to drop him yet.
Speaker 5: Okay, but it's fringe.
Speaker 2: Here's fringe.
Speaker 5: Here's the big one. You're one and three or zero to four and you have Joe Burrow. Do you drop him for C J.
Speaker 2: Stroud. I'd be too scared.
Speaker 1: Like I understand the logic, I would just be too scared to make that move.
Speaker 2: I would one.
Speaker 4: Hundred percent start him.
Speaker 3: I would not be dropping Joe Burrow though, okay, but I would start Stroud.
Speaker 5: I I'm personally in my article recommend dropping Burrow if you're in a bad spot, if if, if you, if you can hold him, hold him. But Shroud is playing great, and I don't know what's going on with Burrow.
Speaker 2: I understand the logic. I just I'm chicken, that's all. That's just me.
Speaker 3: You have another quarterback here who coming into the year I said was going to be a value for as long as he could start, and then he wasn't able to get the ball to Terry and Dotson, and yesterday I was calling for his job, and then he went out and performed great and we finally saw him running the ball as well. So what about Sam how How do you feel about him moving forward?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I really like Sam Howe, at least as a stream starter. And by the way, let her just be known. Terry mclaurin's touchdown was barely a Terry McLaurin touchdown, and it was because someone fumbled the ball and he picked it up. So you still have to see how get McLaurin into the end zone properly. But he had another Star Wars the week again, despite throwing only one passing touchdown, so the second time he's done that, and it was again on the merits of his rushing ability, which he pointed out he had a rushing touchdown in Week one. He had forty yards this past week and almost beat the Eagles doing it. And he also topped twenty fantasy points just with his arm in Week two and was against the Roncos defense. I could throw twenty fantasy points again, but it's fine. The point is he is a very solid streamer in the right matchups, like Week five against the Bears, who are not very good. Fourth most passing yards allowed through the first month of the season. If you have Herbert, Gino, Deshaun all of whom are on buy and like we hit on, if you have Burrow, who you have to bench right now. I love Howell was a stream and he's on TNF this week.
Speaker 1: I believe he is Bears and Commanders on Thursday Night Football, so we get to see him in prime time.
Speaker 2: Everybody gets to watch Sam Howe.
Speaker 1: Wide receivers, Adam Feelin for years has been stiff farming the idea of regression. We keep saying he's gonna regress, and then he scores like a bunch of touchdowns, and this year were like fan Adam Feeling, and right now he's a top ten Fantasy wide receivers.
Speaker 2: I guess it's time to buy in to Adam Feeling.
Speaker 5: Right Yeah, in an odd way, he kind of feels like a very poor man's wide receiver version of CMC. We seem to try to find a reason not to make CMC the number one overall pick, and then every year he proves that he should be. Feelan he's just old reliable at this point with the emphasis on old now admittedly, but he scored fifteen plus PPR Fantasy points in three straight weeks. He's a top ten wide receiver on the season, and then includes a dud in Week one that he's left in the dust. Seven catches seventy six yards from Bryce Young on Sunday, and I think he learned from watching Andy Dalton the week prior. Dalton pepperd thelin It was a great showing for both of them, and Bryce, who missed that game, came back did the same thing. Dealing had another great week. Volume is king in fantasy even on terrible offenses like Carolina's, and thelan is currently on pace for one hundred and forty targets this season. That is what you want with especially in PPR, with your wide receiver. And let's be clear, there's not a super exciting ceiling, but it doesn't really necessarily matter when you're in near lock for double digit fantasy points and especially with the bye week starting to hit. Deelon is a permanent flex option as far as I'm concerned, and becomes a pluggable wide receiver too, when your guys are on by you can rely on thelan throw him in there.
Speaker 4: Completely agree.
Speaker 3: And then another wide receiver that I've been hyping up a bit since before the NFL Draft is Michael Wilson, and I am very excited to see him now getting some love.
Speaker 4: Not only did he catch the two touchdowns yesterday, but he's been more and more involved in this Cardinals passing attack. So what do you think about Michael Wilson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he has been And the hype was late on Michael Wilson, which is why PROP most of our listeners probably don't know his name. He's a third round pick out of Stanford, prototypical size six two, two hundred and thirteen pounds, and then he had a lot of competitiveness, and he had a very impressive Senior Bowl and both those things quote unquote Rocket had hit him up draft boards all the way to the third round after he had a slew of injuries in his college career kind of derailed what could have been maybe higher draft stock otherwise. But like you said, he's flashed a little bit already over the first few weeks before really breaking out on Sunday. Seven catches, seventy six yards a pair of touchdowns against the forty nine ers defense, So we can believe it to some degree. And I think his biggest asset, no pun intended, is his size. Because your other go to guys there are Marquise Brown and ron Dale Moore. Those guys are not big possession options. They're not great red zone threats. You do have Zach Ertz down near the red zone. But I think Michael Wilson is stepping up to a point where he's going to be maybe that guy and might end up leading this team in every category going forward. And with Joshua Dobbs playing as well as he is and maybe kind of returning at some point, I think Wilson could be the biggest surprise of this draft class and a very valuable fantasy outset moving forward.
Speaker 2: One more surprise, because the Cardinals have been a surprise through the first four weeks of the season with how well they have played. The record doesn't show it, but they've played some really good football so far this season.
Speaker 1: It seems like the Cowboys just keep turning over the tight end position, but they keep finding guys who perform. I guess Jake Ferguson is next in line.
Speaker 2: There, huh.
Speaker 5: I think so. He kind of first showed up in the offense with a touchdown in Week two, and I remember writing in the column, listen, guys, he scored a touchdown. What more do you want from tight end? To just stash this guy? Since then, he's averaged double digit fantasy points per game, top eight among tight ends. He led the Cowboys with seven catches on seven targets for seventy seven yards. So if you like seven, you should like Jake Ferguson in the Annihilation of the Patriots on Sunday. He has a clear rapport with Dak that's just obvious on the field, it's obvious in his stat line. It's he's very much seems to be the new Dalton Schultz, and this offense is humming, and a humming offense means red zone trips, and red zone trips are good for the player who leads the entire NFL with eleven red zone targets. He is their go to guy where it counts most for tight ends. I think he has a very good chance to lead the position in touchdowns over the remainder of the year. Obviously, Travis Kelce's always in that conversation, but Ferguson is a hot red zone option. I think he is a must add, and really at this point a must start in like everything, but sixteen leagues plus you're gonna throw in some ferglicious team names. That's a big game.
Speaker 3: So ad him and another tight end, Cole Comet. He's the tight end one right now. In Week four, caught two touchdowns, but he had more Fantasy points in Week four than the first three weeks combined. Is this just Comet going he's the Broncos or do you think that he is real moving forward?
Speaker 5: This is a little bit of column an, a little bit of column B, but it's more column B. And let's be clear, Kamett is not the most widely available player, but he is available in more than forty percent of NFL dot Com leagues, which is how we set the bar for this for the waiver column for the show that makes him eligible and is way too available. This guy is the one b really in that offense. He has one fewer target than DJ Moore and he's produced with it, admittedly not super great fantasy production over the first three weeks, but we saw the huge game he had last week eighty five yards, two touchdowns, twenty eight fantasy points, and that rockets him all the way up to top three among tight ends over the whole season. That's the kind of game he can have, which is why he needs to be in your lineup. But even when he doesn't put out that kind of production, he's going to be a startable tight end, which admittedly isn't great, and this really heavily depends on justin fields and his inconsistency. Can he be better than he was over the first three weeks. I don't think he'll be as good as he was against the Broncos because they're the Broncos and they might be the worst defense we've ever seen in the NFL. But I think he falls somewhere in between these two for the rest of season. Guys with this kind of target Shaw do not grow on trees. He is must roster and start.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about a guy to stash, and it's in Denver. Javonte Williams has a hip flex or. He's sort of day to day right now. But Jalil McLaughlin the last couple of weeks has gotten some opportunity and he looked pretty good about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is not the best week for running backs on the waiver wire. Devon h Han stole it all last week, all the good running back juju, But Jalil McLoughlin's feels like the best option. And with Javonte day to day, we don't really know where how that's going to play out. I expect you might miss a week or two. I do think that McLoughlin is a stash. I say stash because they play the Jets this week and I do not really want to start this guy against the Jets. But like you said, he's looked very good. He had a great week, one hundred and four scrimmage yards and a touchdown on Sunday. He's an undrafted rookie who had a very productive college career, but they were at lower tier school so didn't get any draft capital. We didn't really know what to expect from him. But the tape has looked good. The production last week with Javonte exiting early looked really good. I think he's worth tucking away and maybe even becomes usable if Javonte is not fully healthy for a while.
Speaker 4: What about for fantasy defenses?
Speaker 3: Are there any that people who get ahead of right now and stream for week five?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I have three defenses that I love this week that are all very readily available. You have Aiden Hutchinson and the Lions who get Bryce Young and the Panthers this week. So that's like fifteen sacks and seven interceptions. I would guess not quite, but literally, something insane is possible with this defense, the way they've been playing, the way they've been blowing out teams, and the Panthers have been struggling. So love the Lions. Can't believe I'm saying this. It's wild. If you had told me I would say this in week five, I would have smacked myself. The Cardinals are playing the what look like toothless Cincinnati Bengals this Yeah, they are this is just statistics not taped. They are the worst scoring and total offense in the league. It is it seems heavily Joe Burrow and his calf, but it might be more than that. At this point, I don't know what's going on, but until we see them fix everything, you can start pretty much any defense except maybe the Broncos against this team. So I'm rolling the Cardinals out, and then I also really like the Colts in a divisional showdown against Ryan Tannehill and the Titans, who, if you have not watched this year, do not look good at all. Outside a couple Dereck Henry plays that kind of saved a little bit of that offense is future. I think they're few and far between at this point, and when they're not making those plays, they're getting absolutely ran through. So Lions, Cardinals, Colts top three defenses for the week.
Speaker 1: There it is all of the waiver wire goodness. You need to help bolster your roster heading into Week five. Check out Matt Ocatta. You can find him on Twitter at matt Ocatta, and you can check out the article at NFL dot com slash waiver Wire.
Speaker 2: Matt appreciate it.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to you again next week, and for the rest of you, we appreciate you hanging out with us the NFL Fantasy Football Show. Tomorrow, we're previewing the first chunk of the week five slate.
Speaker 4: You know the drill.
Speaker 1: Tell two friends to tell two friends rate review, and remember never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you were crunchy and taste good with catchup. Be safe, take care of yourselves, and we'll talk to you again real soon.
Speaker 3: Wow, don't, don't