Speaker 1: Exactly cam going you see the improvements?
Speaker 2: Do you you feel them when you're going through the offense and go with the film after a practice?
Speaker 3: For sure, you know there's ups and downs to every camp, but I feel like we're continuing to improve in the areas that we need to and you know, at least from the offensive perspective. Can't speak much on the defense, but yeah, I think as a team, uh, we're improving every day. But it's just it's all about watching the tape and whether you have a good day or a bad day, it's it's it's how are you gonna watch the tape and get better from it?
Speaker 2: How do you feel that you've grown improved.
Speaker 3: Since coming here one time?
Speaker 2: How do you feel that you've grown improved your game?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like, uh, you know, it's just everything's very clear and concise with you know, how we read plays, and I feel like I've I've been making good decisions. I've been taking care of the football, but you know, I've also been making quick decisions, I think. So just got to continue to improve and and study the way I have been and keep up the good habits that I've you know, I've been working to improve throughout camp in the process.
Speaker 2: Of like fully learning the offense and how difficult is that with this particular offense And have you ever been exposed anything quite like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean this is it's my fifth offense, I think, uh, you know, throughout my career, and but it's it's definitely you know, once you know, there's a lot of shifts, there's a lot of emotions, uh, a lot of a lot of different concepts as well. So it's just about getting used to it and and hearing it, visualizing it, you know, before you get in the huddle. And that's really it for me, and being able to, you know, see what the defense is doing pre snap and really focus on that as opposed to worrying about, oh where's this guy again? And and who am I getting the ball to on this play? So you know, I think that, Yeah.
Speaker 1: How does your how does the mindset of quarterback change in a practice situation when you know you're not going to take a hit as opposed to a game situation where you most likely take a hit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's that's the difference. Uh, you know, it's it's understanding kind of the protection and when it breaks down. I think in practice. Obviously you want to be able to sit in the pocket and make the throws and go through your reads. But in the game, you know, uh, you know, instincts, you know at certain times got to take over and I can practice, you can go from your first read to your second read to your third and make the throw, whereas in games more often you might feel a rush or especially you know, coming off the left side, you might feel something. It might make you flush. So that's something that we always got to continue to work on in quarterback drills, you know, to to continue to feel the pocket and and have smaller movements in the pocket rather than forcing forcing our way out of it.
Speaker 1: He was talking about some of the differences in camp over the years with Kyle Shanning at but he said, one constant is that you never know what play you're gonna get.
Speaker 3: Sometimes that you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna be whoa you'll pay, you haven't repped, you don't even really know, maybe not that well, and he's wants to see how you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Do with it.
Speaker 2: Have you found out to be.
Speaker 3: The case for sure? Yeah? For instance, today, you know, there there was a play where you know, we were just kind of lining up in the same same formation, same same motion, and uh, you know he just he called a play that we hadn't ran in probably a couple of weeks. So yeah, it's in those move the ball periods where it's realistic football, you're going first, second, third down. You know, he he might, you know, because he's just putting together, you know, everything in his head. He doesn't have a call sheet right there, so he's just calling a calling a play that comes to his mind. Uh. I mean, I've been through similar situations during camp where you do move the ball periods and the off it's corninator can just call whatever, especially when you get through all the installs, which we which we have, you know, you get through all the installs and then everything's available and those move the ball periods in your history with joint practices and what are you looking forward to next week? Yeah, you know, it's it's nice to you know, go against different scheme h different players, So that's always a bonus, you know. And then and then all the competitiveness I guess that comes along with it is always fun thing for for quarterbacks to enjoy.
Speaker 2: You I know, if you first brandon you but what is the way? So what is it he's doing. That's making it so easy for.
Speaker 3: Every quarterback to Yeah, you know, he's just crisp. He's very consistent is route running, So yeah, I think that's that's huge. And then obviously we know what he does with the ball, you know, once he gets it after the catch, So uh, you know, Brandon's He's continued to play at a high level throughout camp, and you know that consistency is is going to be huge throughout the season.
Speaker 2: Over the years, several players offensive players have complemented Kyle system by saying that he communicates it really well to where every position knows the full picture. Have you found that to be helpful in your under learning of the offense that at a receiver, I know more than about the whole system than at one of your previous stops.
Speaker 3: For example, Yeah, you know, I think the biggest thing is, you know, I don't want to compare it to any of my previous stops, but I think the biggest thing is just everyone understanding because the receivers are very involved in the run game, which I know is huge in this offense for for asking receivers to be able to block linebackers and block down safeties. Obviously and being able to understand the verbiage that allows us to do that, and then have you know, Try or whoever on a corner. So it's it's everyone kind of understanding their role in the run game and that makes you know, that makes the past game that much easier. Nice guys, H