Speaker 1: Are you leaving?
Speaker 2: I you wanna way back home?
Speaker 1: Either way, we want to be there. Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim.
Speaker 3: Give us time and a termino and Gabe, we.
Speaker 1: Want to send you off in style. You wanna welcome you back home?
Speaker 2: Tell us all about it.
Speaker 1: We scared her?
Speaker 2: Was it fine?
Speaker 1: Malborn?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 3: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need ride?
Speaker 1: Do you.
Speaker 2: Need with Karen and Chris welcome to Do you need a ride? My name's Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 1: My name is Karen Tilgara.
Speaker 2: We are leaving Bob's Big Boy in.
Speaker 1: Burbank, Bob's Big Boy and Burbank, and.
Speaker 2: We're just driving through the parking lot before we pick up our guest. We found a beautiful painting. I'll just describe it. It's cloudy right now, chance of sun later seventy two degrees. The painting is of a I'm getting that from Jewelius, a man, a man whimsically looking at a life, not trapped on an island. The words love are in the sky, made out of clouds. And it was just left here because we like to give each one of our guests artwork that won't just inspire but cause them to laugh uncontrollably. Because that was the most hilarious painting I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: I wonder if Julian will I wonder if Julian will laugh though, because it is six thirty in.
Speaker 2: The morning, and it is six thirty.
Speaker 1: It is he's going on a trip. I bet you my wager is that he'll immediately say I can't bring up with me.
Speaker 2: Oh right, Well, you know some people, when you see art and it inspires you, you bring it on an aeroplane.
Speaker 1: That's that's right, no matter the size. I did that when we were at Bumber Shoot. I bought some art in bumber Shoot because there was a guy there that would take paintings he got at the thrift store and he would stencil in things like Chewbacca or Bob Ross in to the landscape paintings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of guys are doing that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Oh as an artist, you're not impressed.
Speaker 2: Yep. There's a lot of guys adding words to found paintings. So you know, oh that doesn't necessarily blow my hair back. As someone who reads Juxtapos magazine, shit used.
Speaker 1: To subscribe I used to buy any magazine that had a picture of a girl with a bee on her eye. Does that mean I'm an artist?
Speaker 2: No, it means that you have an allergy. I don't know if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nothing will make sense. It's very early in the morning. This show, this podcast has become basically has just become private shuttle, private comedy shuttle to Lax.
Speaker 2: We might as well be driving in a big blue van filled with people from all over the land.
Speaker 1: I think someday, I think that's someday we will that's the dream that we will make enough money with all our sponsors.
Speaker 2: Taco Bell, numerous sponsors, numerous sponsors.
Speaker 1: Taco Bell being number one. Yeah, Taco Bell. Hon this that one room in the Marriotte.
Speaker 2: Okay, we managed to nail down a sponsorship from a hotel, just one room in the hotel. But still it's a Marriotte.
Speaker 1: So it's from True thirty seven, So it's homage to the shining What of.
Speaker 2: Our biggest sponsors, room too two seven? Jackie, Jackie? What can I hear your impression?
Speaker 1: Maybe that's what Jackie would say, Jackie. I'm sorry, not Jackie.
Speaker 2: You know I didn't watch too Wedge two two seven. I was Marve, a spin off the popular Amen guy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. The daughter on Amen used to make me really upset because she was always like, I gotta get a boyfriend. But she was as all is a linebacker and as a kid. That filled me with anxiety. I was just like, that really nice pastor of a father is going to be living with her for the rest of their lives.
Speaker 2: You you have something against tall ladies, That's what we've just discovered. You think that they can't be loved?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Are you sure?
Speaker 1: I mean no, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: A lot of guys love an eight foot tall lady. Is that true daughter of a deacon?
Speaker 1: People love to get the inside track and a religious family that was my family running the church. A lot of guys say to themselves, Oh God.
Speaker 2: Who isn't saying that to themselves? Gotta get to get me a tall, hot daughter of a deacon to make this house a home. Just a single guy who owns his own house looking for an eight foot tall woman with knowledge of Christ. We're picking up Julian McCullough yep, momentarily, and we're going to pick him up at his home. Correct.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right. Sorry, I'm looking for his Uh.
Speaker 2: It's okay. It's one of the one of the technical drawbacks of the show is we actually have to do things like look at maps, look at street signs, not carene off cliffs, little technical things.
Speaker 1: To text and drive is a requirement.
Speaker 2: There's so much texting in driving. Oh man, we're racking up so many citations.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just need to say this, why why Why does Google Maps or whoever do that? Where if you touch a blue lit address, like yes, I do want to see where this is on a map, they they bring you out to the full view of the United States to show you where it is. In the unit.
Speaker 2: It's no one, no one ever, unless you really have horrible hangovers that could be based on a trilogy of bad movies. You aren't going to wake up in a land that you don't know about with Mike Tyson's tattoo on your face.
Speaker 1: But that would even be like, that's like saying, hey, I'm on the on the shuttle, I'm on an I'm on a I can't even I can't speak or think it meant like in outer space.
Speaker 2: Let's try one of those.
Speaker 1: Just do the talking, don't worry about the thinking.
Speaker 2: Last time I podcasted, I thought about the thinking, but I didn't do the talking. I did, however, do the walking talk, but I didn't think the thought.
Speaker 1: In that episode. Did your ass write any check?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, could you cash them?
Speaker 4: Luckily?
Speaker 2: My mouth could cash them?
Speaker 1: Oh goody could? Okay, I can't. I kind of remember what don't right cash?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: I think we're right. We all know that the saying is don't have your ass right checks that your mouth can't cash, right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You stick a pen in your butt and you squat above a bank check. It should be you ride an amount and you go to the bank and with your mouth you go, can you crash this jerk that I wrote with my ass'll be.
Speaker 1: Like one moment, sir calling the police because they don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're used to crazies at the bank. I love how angry people get at the bank. I mean, I remember when I was poor as well, But some people just lose.
Speaker 1: Their she yes, that's very true.
Speaker 2: At the bank in line and look around for other people's approval, like can you believe this man?
Speaker 1: There's there's nothing I hate more, you know, Thank you for bringing that up, because that habit.
Speaker 2: It happens at the airport too, the looking around.
Speaker 1: To get back me up here. Shit, I have some there have been times where I've said to people, don't look at me. Don't like, I'm not going to back you up for this because I can't. It's always those people that are just like, can you believe that this person making minimum wage isn't doing every single thing I want right now? Or it's like, just go home, You're the worst person.
Speaker 2: They are the worst.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 2: I really like it when it happens at an airport, like someone loses their mind and and gets what they want because they lose their mind, which I'm never willing to do. I try and play it cool as a cucumber, and then I miss my flight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but usually the.
Speaker 2: People that lose their shit, then they get on the plane and they're sitting next to all the people that saw them act like a lunatic.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right. There's a back end.
Speaker 2: Hey, everyone, look at the guy that slammed his hand down because he didn't want to pay for his carry on. Look at him now with his free carry on.
Speaker 1: Look, which is basically like saying look at the look at the child dressed in man's clothes.
Speaker 2: It's basically the same as look at that boy who's made of wood, who wants to look at.
Speaker 1: What liar he is? Look at how long his nose is?
Speaker 2: Oh this is gonna sound good.
Speaker 4: God?
Speaker 2: Is it really one of our many sponsors, the zoom Age six?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I uh, it just looks good. All the levels look good. My long Bob Barker, Mike, I don't know whether I want to bend an inturn over a counter or new or a cat. What the fuck? It's Bob Barker reference.
Speaker 1: Oh that's I never get a Bob Barker reference.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 1: But if you had come at me with a Wink Martindale personal personal detail, I would have known. My family used to watch Tic Tac dough together.
Speaker 2: Are you sure it was dough? Yes?
Speaker 1: Didn't you ever see that? It was the one where there would be a dragon hiding somewhere.
Speaker 2: And then they all win bread.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dough really attack.
Speaker 2: No, I do not recall the dragonic Tac dough Tiktac.
Speaker 1: No, it was pretty great. But wink Martin, wink Martindale A is the greatest.
Speaker 2: Did he wink? At the end of each broadcast he did.
Speaker 1: He definitely had a pinky ring.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, it just is good.
Speaker 1: And he's the guy that's really good from with is it very white? It's like Wink Martindale, who is the whitest man in the world, is really good friends with the most soulful man in the world. Oh wow, what the is this the streets?
Speaker 2: If you're if you're the whitest dudent in the world and your friends with the most African American eist dude in the world, you got to solve crimes together.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that that would have been amazing.
Speaker 2: There he is, he's sitting, he's reading a book leisure.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, look at the.
Speaker 2: Look at him. There he is. Oh man, he's handsome. Yeah, there he is. Yeah, Hi, there.
Speaker 1: He is. Yeah, look at him. Doesn't he look a little bit like if Ryan, If Ryan Seacrest was someone you'd want to hang around with.
Speaker 4: Sure, yah yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Julian, Hi, there's your microphone. Okay, n hold it to your face as if you're doing stand up.
Speaker 4: Okay, no problem, thank you so much. A lot of.
Speaker 2: Comics Julian will be on the show, and they wheeled the mic wildly as if they're more familiar with sword play than doing stand up comedies.
Speaker 4: Well I am not. No, you are welcome to the Hesbie. By the way, my building it's more of a lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Do you want Do you want people to hear that that's your building?
Speaker 4: We're moving? Oh great, yeah, because the lifestyle is not the one that I want it.
Speaker 1: Did you guys have to move out?
Speaker 4: If your life style is those pants Justin Bieber wears, then that's the lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Oh then I got to get into that headb Yeah.
Speaker 4: Karen, I don't think you could get into the Hesbie. No, of course you couldn't. They want everybody that they could.
Speaker 1: Of course you could. Please don't hurt me that way.
Speaker 2: Did they have a sign when you moved in that said if you lived here, you'd be home right now.
Speaker 4: No, they're not that charming. But they do have a sign next to the trash room door that says hashtag trash room. No, I have a picture of it. In fact, go to my Instagram and you can see it.
Speaker 2: They have.
Speaker 4: And then they also in the lounge it says there's a sign outside that says don't.
Speaker 2: Hate the player, Wow, hate the lounge I I love that.
Speaker 4: I don't know that's the end of the saying that they didn't put up there, but I love that. Don't hate the player, hate the loud.
Speaker 1: I love the idea that they're trying to make the lounge in an apartment building sexy when it's normally like the weirdest place that you could go in America.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know, yeah, the common area of a but yeah, no, they're trying to make everything hit. They're trying to make it college for like mid twenties to early thirties people.
Speaker 1: Oh, because there's an art school around here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot. Well, you know what, what I've noticed about this neighborhood, and we're in North Hollywood, if they haven't set this up.
Speaker 2: Is that I shouldn't have said Burbank. I knew I shouldn't have said Burbank.
Speaker 4: This this neighborhood is like I don't know how to explain it, but it's like for all the kids that are around here, like their parents have a hard time explaining to their friends what their kids doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's like at Thanksgiving, like I don't know, it's something with dance.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of Jay, but it's not records.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it's all like dance studios and like bad plays.
Speaker 1: Yes, it seems amazingly bad plays in North Hollywood.
Speaker 2: And it should The word Hollywood should not be connected with this part of town.
Speaker 1: It is not.
Speaker 2: There's a mountain in between the other all.
Speaker 4: I don't know how they got away with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, North Hollywood on the other side of that range yonder.
Speaker 4: It's like they call Big Bang Theory Fraser two by the way, little background for you to get that joke. I love Fraser and don't like Big Bang Theory.
Speaker 2: Oh the only way I I feel like I would have to be on a motorcycle, take off my helmet on purpose, and dive off in order for me to like Big Bang Theory. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Millions of Americans have done just that, taking that exact path.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's why, Well, I maybe I just need to give it another watch.
Speaker 1: No, you know what you need to give a watch to. Have you guys seen the video of Big Bang Theory with no laugh track?
Speaker 4: Yes, I watched that before it was so famous for being bad. Like I was like, why are people like, aren't all shows this bad? You know? What I mean, and then I realized years later, Oh my god, I know this one is like really deserves this and.
Speaker 1: It's really bad, but it also constantly wins Emmys. That's what I think is really funny.
Speaker 4: Oh does it win critical Awards?
Speaker 1: You mean separate from em No?
Speaker 4: No, like that's what I mean. Like Emmy's like I didn't know one like actual like, oh, you're really good.
Speaker 1: Guy has won the Emmy for Lead Comedy Actor. Tons of time, Wow, maybe two or three?
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: It's almost as if I don't want to. I don't want to like undermine what we're doing here. But it's almost as if show business isn't fair exactly.
Speaker 1: Or illogical right or not based on what's good.
Speaker 2: Well, how does it feel? How's it feel right now to be on a hit show? Julian? H Yeah, did you see how I brought it back?
Speaker 4: That was good? I like, this is far. How How have you guys been enjoying this show?
Speaker 2: Terrific? It's been terrific, life changing. The last person we took to the airport it was James Adomian.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. Yeah, that's a that's a cup of coffee.
Speaker 2: In the morning, we picked up a lot of characters along the way. Let's just say.
Speaker 1: It's definitely gonna be our big Bang Theory episode.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, and one of our more dangerous anytime it's night and the night has fallen, as we say in my goth peer group that do you ever eat a barbecue? Karaiokey?
Speaker 4: No, we're still in my neighborhood, so I have not eaten.
Speaker 2: You don't need these places, You don't need it your neighborhood. No, this is a new neighborhood to you. Is that what I've just picking up?
Speaker 4: We've been here for three months and we're leaving h and we we're that we're those people that were like, you know what, people talk about this neighborhood, but we're going to be the woes that are like, you know what, it's pretty cool. And then we're here for three months and we were like, we're moving anywhere else?
Speaker 1: Have you gone to that movie?
Speaker 4: Moving?
Speaker 1: Now? There's a there's a movie theater right down there that's new. That's really good.
Speaker 4: I think it's a lumbling Yeah, it's good. We've That was one of the reasons we thought it would be okay. We were like, oh, that movie theater is cool, So the neighborhood's cool.
Speaker 2: No, nope, nope, and it probably gets hot as the dickens over here. It does, it does now, I'm I'm just excluding everyone that doesn't live at the beach like me. You live at the beach, Yeah, what a jerk.
Speaker 1: He lives on the beach.
Speaker 2: I have already driven an hour today.
Speaker 4: Like you're not supposed to be on the beach. No, No, from eight pm to six am.
Speaker 2: You guys, I'm a sandy he covered hobo. I'm all covered with sandy.
Speaker 1: He loved the beginning of Fletch.
Speaker 2: He wanted to live it, oh Man, just the beginning, though, you don't like it when he gets all smart ass news recorder. O man, where are you going, Julian?
Speaker 4: I'm going to Uh you mean, what airline are you dropping me off at?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, I'm going to Austin, Texas. Yeah, but hold your applause for Redfist, which is a blue collar comedy festival put on by Jeff Foxworthy with country music and comedy.
Speaker 2: And I have no idea what I'm doing on When were you ever on CMT?
Speaker 4: Oh Man? Have you obviously eve never watched c MT, or you would just see my face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Julian does interstitials on CMT pops up in the corner here.
Speaker 2: Now that's what I call a commercial.
Speaker 4: I am excited to go see what this looks like. I mean, as a comedian, being out of your element can be a lot of fun. Yes. But also Leonard Skinnard is headlining, so I'm not above watching that.
Speaker 2: Please tell me it's him doing stand up him. Yeah it is.
Speaker 4: It is the Skinnard Leonard skinner do.
Speaker 2: I would love that? Yeah, it would only make me happy.
Speaker 4: He's not as funny as that Arcade fire guy. Yeah, but anyway, Yeah, it's gonna see that. Also, Morrissey happens to be performing at the same time in the same city, and April Richardson is gonna be there, and she got me a plus of course, so I'm gonna on stage. You're gonna be like, guys, I'd love to stay, but I have to go to the Morrissey concert and then they will all murder me before I get off stage.
Speaker 2: April is amazing, and that when she becomes a fan of someone, she stalks them to the point of friendship. Yeah it worked, Yeah, she becomes She's friends with all of her favorite musical artists.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that says more about musical artists than it does about April. Yeah, it does, I disagree, says a lot about it.
Speaker 1: It's a huge accomplishment. It's what everyone's trying to do all of the time, and she's getting it.
Speaker 4: No, I April's wonderful us I want to I feel bad. She always asks me to do her podcast, but it's her podcast is inconvenient for me because it's not also a ride to the airport's.
Speaker 1: See, we've really hit on something, you really have.
Speaker 2: And I felt bad the last time I did April Richardson's podcast A name I obviously have trouble with my tongue. Just didn't yeah the Beach, you know me cough sand Cloud. I didn't Save by the Bell. You have to like to watch and I, for some reason, I grew up with disdain for that show.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's older than that group.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess just for Yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: When I did her podcast. I watched it like I was an alien observing you know.
Speaker 4: Was it very difficult?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's totally stupid.
Speaker 5: It's like old men that were friends with Aaron Spelling that just were riding in the voice of what they thought to Ager sounded like, yeah, so they're saying things like don't be a c imagine daddy oh, or but they're but they're.
Speaker 2: Supposed to be in high schools. It's great.
Speaker 4: I was actually I think I was of the age that I was supposed to be to enjoy that show, and I wasn't above it. I just didn't watch it for whatever reason. I just didn't like it well. And then I tried to go back later because all my friends were like nostalgic about it, and I was like, I cannot nostalgify this nostalgia.
Speaker 1: Can't even you can't fake that kind of nostalgia stuff. I'm nostalgic for things that I didn't necessarily like. But when I grew up, there was only, like, you know whatever, eight channels, so like I had to watch like Spider Man and Spider Man.
Speaker 2: Did you watch a loud of Spider Man.
Speaker 1: Spider Man, Spider the d E R AM.
Speaker 2: I I want there to be a spin off called just called Spider Men. That was it's many many many Spider Man.
Speaker 1: Well, that's usually how Spider's work.
Speaker 4: That's a friend's joke that's still holds up. Really, Yeah, I think it's least I forget who says it first, but they call him Spider Man and Chandler goes, he's not Jewish.
Speaker 2: One of the better jokes that probably they got even ignored.
Speaker 4: On the left track, Can I say that I saw Matthew Perry in person? Yeah, recently, one of my not too long ago, like three months, and it was actually I know the date, but it doesn't matter. That's not why.
Speaker 2: But anyway, is it big have anything to do with that tattoo at valet? Uh? Huh?
Speaker 4: And which, if you're listening, that is not fancy in Los Angeles, everywhere has valet. Jack in the Box has valet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I'm waiting for valet at the Chateau of Marmont.
Speaker 2: A fancy at all.
Speaker 4: It's not fancy.
Speaker 2: It's not a flaphouse for all of Hollywood's elite.
Speaker 4: Were standing outside the hotel. Well, it's me, and I just look over and it's Matthew Perry. And like, I was not expecting my bodily reaction to standing next to Matthew Perry. I didn't know how much I loved him until I saw him, and then I was like, oh my god, you you actually matter to me, and well, you know his comedy. Sure, and I've never seen I don't know if he was acting. I've never seen a man give off a vibe of like nobody talked to me harder. It was incredible. I was it was like tangible, you could like reach out and touch. He didn't want anyone to talk to.
Speaker 2: I have reliable sources. One of them used to be his assistant. He's a he's an unlikeable lunatic. So there, there you have that. Yeah she didn't. Yeah, one of his sources is an unlike the lunatic, so I'm not sure, says. She says. He's terrific, And that's why I've got a picture of him with a heart around it.
Speaker 4: He's a lunatic.
Speaker 2: About my bad.
Speaker 4: He was a lunatic with four friends.
Speaker 1: No, no, it was actor Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: Lord, Oh it's okay.
Speaker 1: Is everyone going to stop?
Speaker 4: You're doing Yeah?
Speaker 2: You're doing great.
Speaker 1: That was like, and now we're stopped on the freeway. He was a child actor because I remember him on some weird sitcom like as a teenager going that guy's really funny. And then when I saw him again on Friends, I was like he made it, and I was like proud of him.
Speaker 4: But I also if you're listening at home, this is a google It was.
Speaker 1: It was that show where the it was the dad was a coach and he had like ten kids. It may have been called Just the t.
Speaker 2: Oh you're kidding.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it wasn't. It was. It was a sitcom three camera. But oh, but I was thinking about this the other day. He was he played a it was a one episode part where he was dating one.
Speaker 2: I don't I can't believe they made just the ten of us when we all know eight is enough. Come on, you guys, I don't know. No one ever hid fives anymore.
Speaker 4: Chris tried to get a high five.
Speaker 2: Oh god, damn, this deviated septum. It sounds like I'm cartoonishly snorting. I just want to say to anyone that's listening to more than one podcast that I had it botched surgery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chris's nose job went south well, and now he looks like.
Speaker 4: He wanted to trade being devastatingly handsome for a deviate acceptiment. Absolutely give it over here.
Speaker 2: There was a compliment in there, and I appreciate it. I told the guy I wanted to be the first human mister potato head, and I just like, I just want a detachable nose that occasionally I can put an ear on. He's like, not my office.
Speaker 1: But my point was, do you think it sucks to be one of the friends. That sucks.
Speaker 4: It's terrible. It's harder to be one of the friends. Writers they did you hear about that? Then like they got every single one of them got like, uh, every opportunity after that. Oh wow, and they just and got so much money and all that stuff to like create shows, and then none of them went.
Speaker 2: They all blew it.
Speaker 4: I don't know that all of them did, but I've heard that when that writing staff started is this this kind of podcast we don't talk about insider so that that entire writer staff got paid so highly for all ears like scripts and stuff, and none of them went that it kind of like lowered everybody's every studio's price for writers. After that, Yeah, they were like the chicken of Montreal.
Speaker 1: Uh that's that thing where they think, oh, you're from here, well then you're gonna give me a hit. It's like it's so ridiculous.
Speaker 4: They're like, thank god, this job is so easy.
Speaker 1: I can just which is it's that proof of like there's no one person at a show that makes it good, including other other than James l. James is the only one, and well maybe there's a handful, but yeah, the other writers of chairs, anyone from Cheers, including pas.
Speaker 4: I speak of like bad shows when we were children, I was like crazy, I had that relationship with TGIF that only children can have with TV when they aren't happy at home, right, you know what.
Speaker 1: I mean, the latch key relationships.
Speaker 4: I had the latch key relations GIF. Yeah, And so my affection for those things were through the roof. I mean I really was like, BALKI is mine. And so when I and then you don't watch I didn't watch it. You know, when you're a teenager in college, you don't like go back and watch TIM. I mean maybe some kids did, but like I never went back and watched it. That was like twenty eight the first time I tried to watch the Full House again. Yeah, and I couldn't believe I was so wrong. I actually was like mad at my eight year old self. Yeah, like I'm like, I don't care that you ain't How did you fall for that?
Speaker 2: People have that real experience with their actual parents too, Like if television raised you, you're going to become a teenager and think it's a nerd too. It's like you're just like your dad.
Speaker 1: Well because the things that you like, the things that that entertainment against.
Speaker 4: Full House, Yeah, yeah, I got older, you became twenty eight and then like police Dick.
Speaker 2: Full House, you're not my real dad.
Speaker 1: Well look at this.
Speaker 2: I that's an American goddamn bald eagle Karen kill Gareth and uh suffering from some sort of an inner ear infection. I don't think Look at that. Look at that big ass hawk.
Speaker 4: I can't see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyone listening?
Speaker 4: What Uh you're like me in the back seat of behind a fit ship, anything.
Speaker 1: Except right next to you when you want to focus on the car seat in front of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Julian right now is staying at the back of the head. Julian, just a tip because we are new to podcasting. What would you like it if I was back there next to you, like making eye contact or does.
Speaker 4: It turn around your face? I don't know, it looks like it could be fun. Let's do it for the next one.
Speaker 2: He looked me right, and the mustache higher.
Speaker 4: In the back seat.
Speaker 2: That's oh god, we don't know how to give gifts that, Julian, is your painting?
Speaker 4: A painting?
Speaker 1: We just found that parking lot of stars.
Speaker 2: I hope you're willing to bring on an extra carry on?
Speaker 4: So excited that I got a real painting? Well, I mean it is.
Speaker 1: I mean, pull it over and take a take a look. I think it might be a real paint.
Speaker 4: It looks like it might be.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying this for it is a Pacific islander.
Speaker 1: Boy, could you imagine if it was?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, it's let's start. I'll do all antiques road show this painting. Okay, I'm so glad you brought this in today. I can't believe. I mean, what a gift. So this is an oil painting from I would date it to the late two thousand and tens, and it's a portrait of a man by the esteemed artist. Uh, there's no signature on this.
Speaker 2: Well, actually it was my father gave it to me and I watched him paint it. How much is it worth?
Speaker 1: Give me money?
Speaker 4: Don't you know how anti works? Now there's suspense before the money.
Speaker 1: You're clearly told to not ask how much it's.
Speaker 4: Worth Now, this looks like a guy. It's okay, So it's just to give people an understanding. It's a man painted in front of a deserted island. He's standing in front of the ocean, and then behind him is an island, and then there's a beautiful sky with clouds that have words in the clouds. The clouds are spelling the word love out cloud letters. Actually I want to say love, but I really I was giving him the benefit of doubt. I think it might be.
Speaker 1: Which means what.
Speaker 4: No, it's love. The sun is the L I didn't get that yet, okay, And he's looking up at the word love in the clouds. The man in the front wearing a T shirt.
Speaker 2: That looks the sun is the l God. Now I hate it. Yeah, just make.
Speaker 4: A B A equals B equals C a perfect triangle on his T shirt. I don't know what that is. It's oh, I love this detail out. It's the most hideous painting.
Speaker 2: It is the worst painting I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 1: I have the beholder. I think it's gorgeous.
Speaker 2: You know, are it's so subjective?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think somebody painted this after they saw the beach but with Leonardo DiCaprio, and it made them feel.
Speaker 2: That's what I said when I said earlier I lived by the beach. I just steel, I just laying an alley next.
Speaker 4: To copy of this really is about this is one of the worst.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's yours, it's yours, it's yours.
Speaker 4: And I've and I've seen johnsoner Sargent's work. Hey, no, he's so unans unanimously great.
Speaker 2: And we've run into a little traffic h on the four oh five going south here at the one oh one. I do periodic traffic updates. Julian, what do you think of that dead dove on the left shoulder? Watch out for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a pigeon. It's couple of pigeons, oh man, And then dead pigeons to start falling from the side.
Speaker 2: I wonder if if those pigeons were battling and they killed each other on the freeway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty great, Julian. Uh, let's talk about Austin first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you know I used to live there, Julian.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that, but your head definitely looks like it was spawned from Austin.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, the top of my head is definitely that center of Texas bread not just that's where I did start doing stand up. It's a great town. I don't know. If you've spent much time there, you're gonna love it.
Speaker 4: I was there last last year for south By Uh huh and uh you know, I gotta I got a ticket.
Speaker 2: I got a ticket, jaywalking or no not where? Oh man, they really love their denim there.
Speaker 1: Now are you, Julian? Are you the kind of person that's all about barbecue and you're gonna drive two hours out of town?
Speaker 2: I know barbecue to go to the Salt Lick.
Speaker 4: I used to be a few years ago because I was like everybody was doing that and I was like, yeah, me too, And then I was like, I don't care. Barbecues makes you feel sick? Yeah? Is that? Is that the thing nobody's talking about? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, one's talking about how I don't know if I can drive back home because I have to immediately take a nap in this dirt parking lone. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's it's really really devastating to my body.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 4: And I'm not trying to be gross either. That's you're a sleepy, sleepy stick.
Speaker 2: It's your body telling you you've done something wrong. You're not supposed to eat thirteen pounds of different types of beef, but your.
Speaker 4: Brain is like telling you, like, there's no carbs, but right, that's not enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, to make support. That was cool. I thought you were gonna kiss that guy. I thought you were gonna pull a pit maneuver on that tundra.
Speaker 1: I kind of wanted to just bump him a little bit, just to say hey, hey, fucker, because he wouldn't let me merge. But then he really took his time.
Speaker 4: Oh, you know, the tundra is the most inhospitable landscape on the planet. And Toyota was like, yeah, and we have a four cylinder pickup truck with two wheel drive that can handle that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: How about.
Speaker 4: I love car name. I wish I could do all the cars. It would be really fun to name cars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be fun.
Speaker 4: Oh that truck is a Ford, but they took the FR off, so it's just an ord. Oh wow, much better name.
Speaker 2: Maybe it says f with the sun. That's a reference to that horrible painting.
Speaker 1: We found the author of the painting, the author, what.
Speaker 4: Do you do for a living?
Speaker 2: I write painting.
Speaker 1: I write I write the word love into paintings.
Speaker 2: Do you have any plans while you're in Austin?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Oh, by the way, I watched the Antiques Roachhow last night and it was this woman bought a painting for one hundred dollars in only seven years ago and it was worth thirty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're kidding me? Now, how is that the case?
Speaker 4: Because it was it turned out to be uh, circa eighteen ninety painting by a name I can't remember, but it was a one of the only famous African American painters.
Speaker 1: That's so awesome.
Speaker 4: She found it in a junk shop and it still had the like red sticker with the ten dollars on it or one hundred dollars on it. Oh wow, yeah crazy.
Speaker 2: You can just I hope that the pawn shop owner whoever she bought it from, was watching.
Speaker 4: And well that's what you give from being racist and not knowing you're obscure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's you. You are racist if you don't know you're obscure. African American painters. By the way, if you're out there listening and you can't name one obscure African American painter, why act you put on a hood, you grand wizard, read drag from read a pamphlet. I dont care of it's about you know.
Speaker 4: I told planned parent of the Holocaust joke on Chelsea yesterday and boyd that not go over. It was a good one. It was not like a shocker Holocaust joke. Basically, this guy was on the show or what this guy in the news. He's a cab driver New York City's Dominican and he's also a Nazi and was wearing a Nazi armband. He got suspended.
Speaker 2: Of course, he did the cab and.
Speaker 4: He says in the interview that he denies the Holocaust, and I said, in his defense, if you deny the Holocaust ever happened. Then the Nazis were really just really organized and had great jackets. And the crowd was like, no, they were confused.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just didn't get it, and so it came off as offensive, right, oh man.
Speaker 1: Because they were like, we think their boots were better than that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it was.
Speaker 1: It was a bunch of girls are like, what about that shiny boots is.
Speaker 4: He's not going to talk about their amazing.
Speaker 1: Who else was on that round table?
Speaker 4: Arden? You say her last name marine Marine.
Speaker 2: We saw her the other day.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we must have seen her write after she did that round table, because we were at the one oh one Cafe and she was there.
Speaker 4: I have I always want to read her name is Mirren.
Speaker 1: I maybe I read it as Mirrn, but people say it is Marine, so I assume.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's That's why I said.
Speaker 4: And then also Jeff Wilder.
Speaker 2: Who's a writer performer on the show Okay.
Speaker 4: The uh So, what what should I do in Austin? Chris, when was the last time you were there? I?
Speaker 2: Uh well, I lived there about five years. I haven't been there since two thousand and three, but I know it's changed a lot. I's gone back since two I've got well, I mean that club still sees me as a feature act.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't been no cap City Laughing Skulls Atlanta. That's another club that won't have me. I'm just gonna talk about how my career is tits up.
Speaker 1: Let's do it, Yay.
Speaker 2: You used to get more work, now I get less.
Speaker 1: Name well god sinking it with Chris and Karen.
Speaker 2: No, it's a You're gonna love it. It's you should you gotta go to the Velveta Room just for to meet the local comics, because they're all gonna be it's fun. It's it's a historic place where it's like, oh, you can walk in and go, this is the first place Chris Fairbanks did stand up and yeah, historical.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And if you assume.
Speaker 2: That's that's all I wore. I had to chew.
Speaker 4: It was leather.
Speaker 1: Michael Jackson persons a long time.
Speaker 4: Oh god, I was so do you remember your first joke?
Speaker 2: My first joke was about a bulldog that I lived with that used to bite my feet when I slept and yeah, my roommates dog. Yeah, no, I just he was there when I moved in. Yes, there's a label on the door that said hashtag bulldog no I. And when i'd sleep, he'd bite my I'd wake up and he'd be biting my feet. And I don't remember the joke really, I think I had something. My roommate would say, well, he senses fear, and then I said, well, I guess I got to sleep with more confidence. And I used to tell that and the audience would just, you know, pick me up and parade me out in the street.
Speaker 4: Because it was so.
Speaker 1: And may get back to that material.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I should another. I think my first joke was about the strip clubs in Austin and how over indulgence of different senses because they not only at strippers, they had like free steak and football, and there was a day you could bring your kids. And so then I'd act like a monkey on a strip pole. I'd climbed the pole and eat a banana. It was very physical in the Horrible Comedy.
Speaker 4: The end, I asked, okay, terrific.
Speaker 1: Was the monkey stripper for the kids? It was? No.
Speaker 2: The man was so over indulgent in all the senses that he just lost his mind and became a primate. Wow, yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was steering commentary.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, it was commentary about men and their and their desires. And then at the end, I said, you know, those guys just have a Jesus shade hole in their heart. That's what I'd say, I don't. I wish we weren't talking about my early comedy. I want to like kill myself that.
Speaker 1: Well, here's what makes make you feel better?
Speaker 2: Now you go chill here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I wish it was monkey good. It was mine. As I recall the first one that worked because I I don't.
Speaker 2: I can oh, I didn't know we could do that. The first one that work fu.
Speaker 4: Well. I mean I remember vaguely talking about topics before I got a drip that worked, So but you know I talked about topics. Yeah, yeah, I just remember like talking about never having clean clothes in college, and like, uh, where it where in the hamper You're supposed to steal your roommate's clothes, dirty clothes to get the dirty clothes that are gonna not infect you with diseases. It was very uh you have to be my age exactly to get these jokes right.
Speaker 1: And perhaps a type of disorder, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was very bad. The first joke I told that work was actually a letter that I wrote to my estranged mother and I read it. I said, I haven't I haven't seen my mom in the years, and I'm gonna go see are gonna send her a letter telling her all the things I've learned since the last time she saw me.
Speaker 2: And I meant the audience cry that makes me By the way, I.
Speaker 4: Had no concept of how I was perceived in any way, like a year of stand up, so I was like this isn't sad, right.
Speaker 2: And I was.
Speaker 4: I remember, it was still so nervous that I would when I would take the quote unquot letter out because there was nothing on it, because it was fake, I would be shaking. Yeah, I would be visibly shaking that. And the only thing I could show that is a paper that you're holding. So instead of getting less nervous, I would just I just made a joke that I would say every time that I'm not nervous right now. I bought shaking paper from Staples.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 4: And that line was the first on purpose laugh I ever got on stage. This was four years into doing stage.
Speaker 2: That's terrific.
Speaker 1: I used to do impression, an impression of a cheerleader auditioning for a Shakespeare play.
Speaker 4: See you grew up around people that were much cooler than me and Chris.
Speaker 2: Well we didn't have cheerleaders or Shakespeare in my high school.
Speaker 1: But no, it was just a trick. It's the thing. The thing that makes me cringe about it is it's it's the clap trap kind of that you see people do where it's like, get ready, audience, I'm about to recite something.
Speaker 2: Karen, did I see you do this on a rerun of America's Funniest Paper. Yes, I played.
Speaker 1: I have a tape of this. This bit got me onto America's Funniest.
Speaker 2: People, Venice, you were on a beach. I remember it was in Sacramento.
Speaker 1: This is when I lived in Sacktown, so we were in old Town Sack Sacramento. They you know, they traveled the country. That's how they got it was America's Funniest People. So they would just go to malls and just get anybody. And I ended up making it to the finals Dave Coolier and Calliope from Days of Our Lives The who keeplond Lady is when I was on it. I made it to the finals with my hideous stupid thing and which was basically can you do one line? It was it was just me doing a cheer like a valley girl voice, but reciting the Queen from Henry the Fifth, I'll devil for God's sake Canson, so I'd be like, like, foul devil for God's sake, Cans in trouble us not for thou hadst made the whatever like It's just it's so uniriginal. It's just taking one thing and laying the oppositing of but it shot me straight to the top of show business because I got flown to LA from Sacramento. I was like, this was also this is coach yes from Sacramento by myself, and I made it to the finals. Didn't know I made it till the finals, un till I got there, till the show happened. And of course in my so, I was like twenty or twenty one at the time, and I was horrified, but I was doing it because I had nothing else to do and you know whatever. So when it was like I made it to the finals, I was just sitting there like I knew it. This is horrifying. And it's me, a four year old girl who tells this joke. What what? What did the farmers say when he lost his tractor? Where's my tractor? That's her joke. And then a guy and she just says it's super. She said it's super dead pan with a really hilarious Midwest accent. And then there was an old man dressed as Gabby Hayes who did a strip tease you can't touch this.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: That guy had to win.
Speaker 1: Oh he won big time.
Speaker 4: Because it sounds like that was the year that would win.
Speaker 1: He won and the four.
Speaker 2: Imber essentially lost. I think that's the episode I saw What's well if you came, I have a.
Speaker 1: Tape of it and tractor you just You're people are looking at it, going she's just doing a valley girl's voice over Shakespeare. That's not rich.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you something people watching America's funny as people were not thinking that you were. They were like, well, she is magic, but.
Speaker 1: How could you do that with her? You know, how did you talk like a teenager when she's clearly twenty. And also it was the people. It's the studio audience that votes, so I was sitting in the studio audience, so literally people next to me were just like, oh, that Gabby Hayes was hilarious and like voting right in front of me. Of like, there there was no question that they loved the most.
Speaker 4: Did they do that thing that the after comedy clubs where they go I thought you were the funniest As they were leaving.
Speaker 1: It was totally one of those where I was the one where they were like, we don't know what she's doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, by the way, you were doing Shakespeare in their defense, and they don't want to hear that in any form.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter what voice he used to sugarcoat it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nobody wants to hear to start telling that tractor joke.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. I don't get the tractor joke.
Speaker 1: I'm still it's just it's a non joke. It's it's it's like a Norm M.
Speaker 4: MacDonald joke.
Speaker 1: Comedy. Yeah, she influenced.
Speaker 4: Actually I have to take that back now. Norm just got really mad on Twitter that people called him an anti comedian. He said every joke I've ever told, I sincerely believe was funny, and or I wouldn't tell it. So I just want to go on record and say I don't think he's an anti comic, but he could make the problem is he can make anything funny.
Speaker 1: So everybody's like, yeah, that's right, it's the voice.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When you're in Austin, Julian, you have to go to Hamilton Pool and go swimming.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 2: That was one of my favorite memories.
Speaker 4: Are these things you did when you were a child. No telling me to do things that you were doing as a child.
Speaker 1: You know, go to the library.
Speaker 4: Library, there's a story time.
Speaker 2: You guys do that. You think that adults don't swim. Is that what you guys are saying? All right, never mind, go to go to Austin, sit in your fucking hotel room and don't see ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah you said it more imad than when you were talking about your career.
Speaker 2: Enjoy fucking Larry the cable guys, audience, sit in your goddamn Marriott and don't go fucking swimming. Don't ask me advice as to what to do in Austin, Texas.
Speaker 1: A town I know very much about.
Speaker 2: I can't stop yelling. I'm down, do you guys, No, don't go down.
Speaker 4: Hold it by the way, I'm holding in all my parts for my in front of where the cable guys.
Speaker 2: That would I would be meant right now?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, I am holding them. Thank you for you, but no, it's just for my perform. Let him rip.
Speaker 2: Let's spice this podcast up with a little with a little parting, Yeah, the ultimate spice. I don't Yeah, honestly, I don't know what to do in Austin anymore.
Speaker 4: That's all right. I don't do anything anyway when I go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, neither do I. But it's nice. But do you know where you're going to be staying. I mean it depends on that. If you're downtown, just walk around down.
Speaker 4: I'm staying at the airport. Is the festivals or the airport?
Speaker 2: Oh my lord that both of those items are bad news.
Speaker 4: Did I leave out that this festival is in terminal thirty seven? Oh? Man, you don't.
Speaker 2: So you won't really be hanging out in Austin that much.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I'm hoping April will take me around.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, So tell us about tell us about the Sam Elliott type biker that your mother used to date. I know, I'm going out on a limb assuming that a person like that exists.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: You really no ended me there. My mom dated a guy that lived in a van that she met in AA and one of his ears had been cut off and some sort of a fiasco, so he had one ear. His name was Dale and I liked him though, because he had tons of Van Halen shirts and he didn't stay in the house.
Speaker 4: Like dued in the world, because he lived in a van and that had Van haylechards. Yeah, I wish that he made he was needed some concept to human right if I had made.
Speaker 2: That pun, he would not have recognized it. We're gonna check, yes, Century Boulevard West headed towards Lax. Yeah that that tail. Oh man, why my mom felt bad for him? And you know he was a nice guy. Yeah yeah, but Montana, now are we sure?
Speaker 4: By the way, if you live in a van, the best sex you can hope for is they feel bad for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The reason that she had sex with him was some kind of bumper sticker that talked about that van rocking. Oh that was She's like, well, that turns me on.
Speaker 1: She just needed to ride. She couldn't ride for free, That's what she knew.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if this van's are rocking, please still come knocking. I'm super lonely and I'm willing to meet anybody, probably just inside rocking the van.
Speaker 1: I don't have grass and I don't have gas.
Speaker 2: It looks like nobody rights for free. I definitely have this ass though.
Speaker 1: There's always this.
Speaker 4: Ass, and whoever owned this van previously had an honor student.
Speaker 2: And oh, I don't understand your Suzuki behavior. Get the fuck it? Oh no, oh good, this is a really good joke about.
Speaker 4: The Suzuki Samurai. I can't remember what it was about the name of like such a crappy thing as like the most fearsome.
Speaker 2: Warrior that a country ever created.
Speaker 4: It's very funny. Oh yeah, he's at home. Can fill in your own punchline. But that's a premise, and that's how you do comedy. This is like uh, collar by numbers. We view the ingredients and the carts, then you have to fill those lines in. Yes, you mentioned was a way better example.
Speaker 1: When I was trying, you were talking easy for me.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking, No, you're obsessed with the brands of cars, and you want to have a joke about every kind of car I do. Yeah, you shouldn't hear my my ass tech material, but we have to drive by an Aztec.
Speaker 4: Well, I will say Tahoe. My favorite car name of all time is the Pontiac Vibe.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: They used to hand out Pontiac vibes if you won the Comedy Central laugh Riot's Contest up until the year Martha Kelly won because she sold her Pontiac Vibe and made a bunch of money. And they're like, wait, that didn't work. I don't know why they didn't like that, but they quit giving away the car.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Instead it was a money amount. I don't know what the money amount was because I did not get first they did.
Speaker 1: They assume that people would just keep them and drive them then.
Speaker 2: And I don't know who wants a Pontiac vibe, especially the early models. Remember they look like a suppository.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, there's been some. There's been some hideous, hideous cars. The Aztec is amazingly bad.
Speaker 2: You know, my least favorite car. Yeah, yeah it is. You're right. Yeah, that's the only reason I remember it. It's because I've been in.
Speaker 4: My some warriors also a fear some warrior, much like the Samurai, commemorated with the worst cars.
Speaker 1: Did you ever hear the thing about in the seventies they tried to export Chevy Nova's to Mexico and they would not sell. It was like the number one car in America, but they would not sell in Mexico until finally someone told them in Spanish, nova means no.
Speaker 4: Go oh wow, that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh that's terrific. I thought it was like a astrological type word nova or a space word. It is a space word, but it's space word. No.
Speaker 1: If you break it up, no.
Speaker 4: And Vall's the same thing happened with the Honda deals me.
Speaker 1: A.
Speaker 2: Oh, if I could just derive myself a brand new Toyota I Crumba, I'd be a happy man.
Speaker 4: I think the Ikarumba would sell really well.
Speaker 2: Already, hear Julie, No, I mean we're he.
Speaker 4: Does you know when you're doing a podcast while you're going to the airport, it really reduces the anxiety of missing your flight.
Speaker 1: That's what we like to hear.
Speaker 4: That's what uh, twenty minutes ago.
Speaker 2: Oh well yours.
Speaker 4: It turns out I woefully understood how far I lived from the airport.
Speaker 1: It has told you it was only ten minutes away.
Speaker 4: That that is not that podcast for you drove the person to their destination.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the way to Austin.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, we are going to do that once. It'll be a very special road trip episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna really.
Speaker 3: That guy.
Speaker 4: I uh so, I'm uh no flight at night?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're in You're in great shape. Oh. Sometimes these cops stop us and we have to interview them. I hope that's okay with you. Oh cool, I'm gonna just just so they don't think we're weird. I'm gonna put down the microphone. Yeah, I'm just gonna put down the mic. Hello off, it's certain nothing to see here. Yeah, if he had a look on his.
Speaker 4: Face, we aren't suspicious, then who are they stopping?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly if you have a microphone.
Speaker 4: Clear, maybe they could tell your facial hair was ironic and you weren't Blane.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what. The funny thing about having a mustache is cops do like not at me. Yeah, like if I look over awesome, They're like, hey, how are you? They just not that I'm also a cop, but they think at least I worn't for the city.
Speaker 1: Civil servant.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: That's I'm united. Which is the the furthest terminal?
Speaker 2: Okay, oh that's okay. There's always a little shortcut that you can take.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're not taking that.
Speaker 2: We're not going you know what, let's do the whole roundabout.
Speaker 4: L A X the Great Equalizer.
Speaker 2: Be careful our vertical clearance. Does Beyonce come to L A S.
Speaker 4: I used to think that that was that no matter how famous you were, you still had to like your bag and stuff and you don't know and not even if you there's something that a lot of people don't even know about where. It's not if you don't have a private jet. Uh, it's there's a security clearance where they just like take you in through the side. Yeah, if you're famous, which I didn't know about. And it is very annoying. And I wonder what your IMDb page has to look like before you get to do that, right?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: How many where do they draw the line? You know what I mean? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What number does your star meter have to be at?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think they do it by cloud score.
Speaker 1: When I I used to travel a lot with Ellen DeGeneres when I worked for her and she had private planes, and it was I wish it never happened because anytime I come to the airport, you can't do travel for myself. It's just like I just know the difference. Yeah, like of literally driving your car up to the plane and getting on.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but you can do that here.
Speaker 1: No. No, it's it's like you go to a weird an airspace, like in actually out by where you live. There's one in North Hollywood, Okay, that's kind of by the Bourbon Airport.
Speaker 2: It's just like so signature and the one was.
Speaker 4: Like, are you saying a private jet is preferable.
Speaker 1: I mean crazy. Just let me tell you more anecdotes. Hey, gas powered shuttle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, just because you're helping the environment doesn't mean you have to be a prick.
Speaker 1: You really that that shuttle just like shouldered me. I like that.
Speaker 4: On this podcast, you will seamlessly transition into arguing with a driver. Yeah, and the and the listeners have no idea. You can hear it that you've changed the subject.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: This microphone here picks up.
Speaker 4: All the This motherfucker doesn't know what they're doing. The other thing.
Speaker 2: Wow, wow, she went out on a limb, Julie. And while you're in Austin, you have to go to the Get out of the way, you cupsucker. It's beautiful this time of the year. About the gear nuts, it could have done a better example. Get out of the way. Nissan Juke is my new that's my new least favorite.
Speaker 1: Where is that from?
Speaker 2: Juke means this like.
Speaker 4: Juke is when you talk to somebody who has worked for Nissan and they say, actually it's a Nissan.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that's the word. Yes, people will correct you juke Nissan, but it's not.
Speaker 1: It's a Nissan juke because that's what correctly to let people know how to pronounce it. Yeah, long ago then they didn't do their work.
Speaker 2: Yes, sorry to say what we want. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's also that thing where they keep trying to say it's pronounced jiff not gift.
Speaker 2: Yeah. God no, it's absolutely.
Speaker 1: Pronounced gift because you don't get to change it now that everyone pronounces a gift.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't like that, Nissan. I'm not gonna say that. You're confusing it for a cup of noodles. That's a popular cup of noodles.
Speaker 1: And is it yeah, by the same company.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's spelled a little differently. I can't remember how Someone out there is listening and they're gonna tweet and go Chris is right.
Speaker 1: Oh, then I better go that's wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, oh yeah, oh man, Twitter, it's gonna be an uproar.
Speaker 1: Did anybody see last night there was a tornado warning in down near a Long Beach. Did anybody see that crazy black cloud that was over l as I saw it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was walking my baby, which sounds like I have a dog. I was walking with my baby and I saw the cloud and I was like, I'm glad we're together for the end.
Speaker 1: Yes, it seriously looked like doomsday.
Speaker 2: Oh that'd be the worst way for your baby to get taken away. Not your baby specifically, but just a person if.
Speaker 4: Their babies that awful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, right now I'm gonna make light of it on a podcast warning someone just walking their baby and then the baby goes in a baby tornado sucks up the baby and they just are standing there and they don't even get knocked over. And it's now it's a baby.
Speaker 4: Just taking Golden Retriever puppies and babies out.
Speaker 2: A few just a giant funnel filled with passive fires and blankets and puppies and lunchables.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen the video?
Speaker 4: It didn't destroy my house, but now my house smells like milk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's jelly everywhere, sticky as tornado. There is a video that I really love from the early days of viral videos, and it's there was a tornado. So it's a dash cam of a cop car. There was a tornado and someone's baby got taken up in the tornado. So this cop pulls over because he thinks he sees something over, you know, like on the side of the road or whatever. And it's so basically it's this dash cam shot of the base of a tree and he walks over and from from the base of the tree, this baby sits up covered in mud and the cop looks like super freaked out. And then the baby just puts her arms up and the cop picks her up and she is totally doesn't have a scratch on her covered in mud. Oh my, it's like the most gives you the chills, amazing thing of like some does.
Speaker 4: The video also show is the backstory the tornado or it shows her getting picked up by the tornado.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, it's just you the some I can't remember how the backstory gets conveyed.
Speaker 4: A tornado.
Speaker 1: That's how she landed. She landed like yeah, wow, oh my gosh, isn't that crazy? And she is totally fine and was like looked at him and just started crying and put her arms up. And it's like a two year old baby, Oh.
Speaker 2: Wow, a toddler if you will, Yeah, I don't that scares me. Tornadoes are and in Austin there they used to say, oh, there's a tornado coming up along the freeway just right through town, taking all the exits and just heading towards my house, and many times I had to get.
Speaker 4: In the bath.
Speaker 2: All the exits, I just going along the freeway. One time it was going along the front.
Speaker 1: It was it was.
Speaker 4: It was getting off at every exit and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah and signaling and yeah that time to get back on the main freeway off the frontage road h Hamilton and then but but I didn't know what to do. They did, they warned you, and then no one knows what to do. It's like faar attacks. Do you lay there, do you run away? Do you hit it with a stick? So I ran out and I started hitting the tornado with a stick. No, I just got in the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Have a friend who was hiking the Appalachian Trail and saw and he was he looked up. He was, you know, cause you're in like a it's such a long trailer, like you just like get into a trance and you're just like looking at your feet. And he looked up at one point and he was like twenty feet from a bear that was like three times bigger than he was, and he was like it was just standing in the middle of the trail and he was like his whole body just went stiff, you know, and he was like okay, and it's like he's like I had that moment where I'm like, wait, what do I do again? And he's like nothing like came to me like I just could. And the bear gets up on its two legs and then sits back down on all fours walks up to him and he just is frozen, like he cannot move. And the bear comes up and sniffs his body and then keeps walking.
Speaker 1: No way.
Speaker 4: Wow, Yeah, so he is.
Speaker 1: The luckiest person on the planet.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh that's the worst.
Speaker 4: That's gotta be the scariest thing ever. Like after that breaking up with somebody, Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, it so easy. Are you taking picture that tea bag party on sticker?
Speaker 1: Yes? Oh that's crazy. But they went to Berkeley, so nothing makes sense on that car.
Speaker 4: It's a tea bag part.
Speaker 1: It's a tea party sticker with a tea bag with an American flag as the little paper and it says party on.
Speaker 4: Oh that's like one of those having one of those moments where I'd never realized why they were called the tea party.
Speaker 1: Tea party, my bigotry is a good time party on Tea party.
Speaker 2: The Way.
Speaker 4: Show and it's always like this Confederate gun is forty thousand dollars because of all the racists.
Speaker 1: They wanted to memory.
Speaker 4: There was one last night was a very special episode because the guy had a sword of a United States Army soldier who was his great great great great grandfather who switched sides to the Confederate side and had the sword uh engraved by a jeweler that with like Confederate like symbols and a saying or whatever. Because his thing was like I'm taking my US Army sword, like basically saying I'm taking my sword from the right side of history and getting it engraved with the wrong side. Uh. And it was worth a phenomenal amount because it showed like a like a you know, determination to be a Confederate show. He was like, this is very special.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. You got to watch the way you get excited about something when it has to do with horrible moments from our past, Like this is a beautiful piece because slavery.
Speaker 4: My dad was an auction He worked for an auction house in San Francisco and he would go and clean out of states.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome, and they.
Speaker 4: He found a secret room with all the stuff and there was like gold teeth and skin lamps.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, skin lamps.
Speaker 4: And they had to call it. They had to call the cops and have it, have it get taken. And he's like, you know, those things are worth like a shipload on the black market. Yeah, like he my dad wasn't gonna do that. He also had I'm not gonna say the celebrity, but he had to clean out a celebrity's house after he passed away and found kids stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh wow, let's not talk. Let's not say that.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, he burned all And so that guy's legacy is still intact because of my dad.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: And I'll tell you who it is after that.
Speaker 2: Ye oh wow.
Speaker 1: And then listeners, guess is on Twitter?
Speaker 4: And I'll tell you on Twitter.
Speaker 1: I want to say it here.
Speaker 2: I'll you.
Speaker 1: What I like on the Antiques Roadshow is.
Speaker 4: What is that Roger Sterling?
Speaker 2: God, he's beautiful. I don't know who that is. I want him to fly my plane. And I'm not talking about flying a plane if you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I do know you mean that specifically being hand job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, suck my dick. And I wanted him to suck my Dick that man.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say, I like the difference on Antiques Roadshow between British people and American people, because British people, it's like it would be the most humiliate, humiliating thing in the world for them to want the money. They always pretend like the money doesn't matter, or they try to anyway, and they get so embarrassed. And literally Americans they're like, it probably if you do after a praiser or whatever, a doction, it would be worth probably eight hundred dollars. And literally people are like, oh, American Americans are overtly crestfallen and don't give a shit. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Look they look like greedy bastards. And British people are always like they're like, it's worth ninety five thousand dollars. They're like really, really, well, I've always liked the line that fet of Teae.
Speaker 2: That's what they say, Wait.
Speaker 1: Are you I'm amount in a Dressian.
Speaker 2: I won't know much as balls.
Speaker 1: I think thinking of Nanny mc fee.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm thinking of fran Dresser's the Nanny. Well, and that's where I'm going. I'm going tomorrow. I'm going to England. It's funny, are you I'm going there tomorrow for what commercial? A commercial for mini, the Mini Cooper Countryman. It's a bigger Mini, and therefore the premise of the commercials that it's room here. But I don't I have a ride in that ironic?
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: I have a podcast where we give rides, but tomorrow I think I'll be taking a lift or uber.
Speaker 1: I was about to offer, but you live yeah, yeah, yeah, it would be silly. It would be.
Speaker 4: You live over here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I live in Venice.
Speaker 4: So you wow, you are dedicated to this podcast.
Speaker 1: You didn't have to tell me to stop, sir. I'm a decent human being.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I really Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: He told me to stop, and then douchebag.
Speaker 2: Jones went, oh, he's gonna get so mad that you undermined his authority and went behind him.
Speaker 1: Well, he didn't have the right to tell me to stop when he didn't know where I was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly. How about how about those apples?
Speaker 4: You know a guy works out when those vests aren't supposed to be tight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's oh man, Yeah I think he works out yeah with the oh yeah, that guy is ripped.
Speaker 4: So how does this how does this end, usually with awkward silence.
Speaker 2: Dear Lord of all vessels that fly, Julian, get to Austin.
Speaker 4: Amen to the airport. In my life other than the time I got a Lincoln town car, you should get away. That would any wore hats?
Speaker 1: Yeahs, that'd be great.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Of course, Julie, have fun in Austin. Sorry, wasn't very clear about what you should do. But you'll have fun no matter what you do. It's a fun town.
Speaker 4: With that kind of positive thinking. I think you're right.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have fun no matter what you do.
Speaker 4: Okay, bye, guys, Bye, good to see Julian. Hit the button.
Speaker 2: Okay this one.
Speaker 1: Way back?
Speaker 3: You want to be there, doesn't matter how much baggage you claim. Give us time and a turmanol and gay.
Speaker 1: We want to send you off in style. Do you want to welcome you back home? Tell us all about every scared he was it fine? Mal porn?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 2: Do you need ride? Do you ride?
Speaker 4: Do you need
Speaker 2: With Karen and cressm