Speaker 1: This is Kentucky Sports Radio, present it by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 2: Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 3: Well, welcome everyone in Kentucky Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: Monday, April the twenty first I met Jones here live back in Lexington, Kentucky, after a couple of.
Speaker 5: Weeks in the Netherlands.
Speaker 4: You normally would be able to give us a shout on the Clark's Pumping Shop phone line, but not today.
Speaker 5: We got a lot of catch it up to do.
Speaker 4: But it happened since you last eight five nine twenty two eighty seven a vision Auto glass text machine, though I would like to hear from you seven seven two seven seven four five two five four in this disition sponsored by the t J Smith LOFs called TJ I'll make them pay guys.
Speaker 3: Good to see you, Welcome back. I like that your headphone snapped the moment you saw many bright.
Speaker 5: But they snapped right in half.
Speaker 4: Shows that no matter what, we still have the same equipment here even after I've left.
Speaker 6: We're all kind of anxied to hear your stories. We kind of, you know, waited till the shows we could talk to you and ask you about what you did. But I'm really excited at your back.
Speaker 4: So I have Shannon sixteen normally I have twelve.
Speaker 3: Today I have sixteen.
Speaker 2: Top over prepared to dy, aren't you.
Speaker 4: Sixteen topics in theory, that could be two a segment. We're not gonna take any calls today, all right, So I have sixteen topics. I think we just do the thing where I say one through sixteen and you say it. Some of them are UK sports, some of them are other things that I'm interested in talking. Yes, this will be a lot of sports, but also a lot of not sports. We just got to catch up on these last.
Speaker 7: Three weeks happened.
Speaker 4: So sixteen things we'll make a goal of to a segment. Some might be less, some might be more. We might not get through all of them, but let's just go, Drew. I'm gonna let you play the pick a number one through sixteen.
Speaker 3: Let's just do it. Pick a number one through sixteen. Well, number ten is my lucky number, so let's just go to number ten.
Speaker 5: Number ten.
Speaker 4: It's actually you got the one that people probably want to hear the most.
Speaker 3: That's why I picked it, which is number ten, which is the portal and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, so that's one We'll start with that. Kentucky has a once of a roster. They do, so let's talk about who they got since I've been gone. We've had the kid from Tulane when I left, right, what's his name, Williams. I've got to learn these people's names, Drew. I can't keep calling them the kid from.
Speaker 3: He's forgotten because he committed when the tournament was still going on. I think he got overlooked.
Speaker 4: Que a bit of Cam Williams from Tulane. We had him then. Was who was next? Was it Jalen Low? Was it the point guard.
Speaker 7: Order Mohammed Diabute? I think he.
Speaker 3: Was Saturday all right.
Speaker 4: By the way, Shannon, we should consider muting Ryan's mike after the last two or three weeks of scooping. We night have to talk about that as well, because the scoop Lemon took some hits.
Speaker 5: Took some hits in.
Speaker 1: The last mispronunciation last week. Either he doesn't know he.
Speaker 5: Took some hits.
Speaker 4: But first of all, Jalen Low, point guard from Pitt I love the fit with the guy from Pitt.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 4: He can score. He's exactly what we didn't have last year. Drew, a guy who could go get his own shot. Now he shoots a lot. We're gonna have to work that into what we do. But we didn't have a guy who could go get his own basket easily. That's a guy who can do that.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I've seen some people hating on his stats, but he was on a team. I mean, if you watch his highlights, he had to completely play hero ball a lot. So I think once he gets in the system has better pieces around him. You'll see his splits. Go went very excited about him as a point guard.
Speaker 4: I mean he was I don't think he was our first choice, but I think there was like a choice two, three and four and he was in that group. I'm excited about him. Then we got the guy from Alabama. Is it Diabate? There you go, Muhammed DIABATEA Yeah. He was one of those like glue, you know, beat you in the face and rebound and punch you in the ear and all that. Teams need guys like that, right, need.
Speaker 6: A big, strong, physical guy down the post. So yeah, he's that guy. And he played well against us.
Speaker 7: He played them.
Speaker 3: He yelled way to.
Speaker 5: Two points, yelled, oh, way to two points.
Speaker 4: Then we got Jaden Quainton's who there's an NBA player, no doubt, potential top seven or eight pick. He's young, he's what is he still? I feel like when I read stories, he acts like he's still fifteen years he's eleven years old. He's eleven years old, and he's still can dunk and do everything we wanted. Great athletes. One of the best defensive players in the country last year on a bad team. He's gonna be great. I think he starts for us, what do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, once he gets healthy, I think he'll start to ESPN has him going number five to the Raptors and next summer's draft, So that just shows his potential. And I love how how his dad and he have been talking about how much they love Kentucky because he committed the first time with cal Yeah, looked at it again and he's already been in reperena second time.
Speaker 5: To charm Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's gonna We've got a kid from Croatia who what's his name?
Speaker 3: I don't know, and Ryan's actually been practicing this. Let's see if you got what's.
Speaker 7: His name, Andreas Yelovich.
Speaker 5: He Andreas Yellovich.
Speaker 7: Is that that's Andrea?
Speaker 4: I think I don't know anything about him, Shannon. I've seen the video on the highlight. He looks like the best player ever. I'm sure they don't put his bad plays on the highlight. But give me a Croatian. I like a good Croatian on my team.
Speaker 1: We already have one. We got a second one now, right. So he's a big guy that can shoot the ball. And let's hopefully get his stomach right before he comes here.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: The food that was the problem for big Zygible.
Speaker 6: Start eating American food now before you get it's a transition.
Speaker 4: They got different food in Europe. I'm used to that, Like they got different food. Get him here.
Speaker 3: I like that. The best part of this matter is he played for the bright Pink team. We saw in the Bahamas state of the casino with me all night. They did not sleep. I saw that on Twitter. I didn't realize he played for the Bahamas gambling Pink team, remember.
Speaker 8: Yees.
Speaker 3: So he comes from a program we know, well, the Beta Max. Like you can't get a VHS player, you get a Beta Max. Maybe sleep with the rest of them.
Speaker 5: I'm in all right now, is there?
Speaker 3: We don't have it? That's the group, right, that's who we have. So that's it.
Speaker 5: Now we're gonna get at least one more, maybe two.
Speaker 4: Colin Chandler's back right O way enters the draft, I think, but didn't enter the portal, which I think is important, which means if he doesn't go to the draft, I think he's back here. That's good, right, I think he ends up back here. You've got I said, Noah, krit Noah, Brandon Garrison back. He will be on this show on Thursday, Thursday. Okay, brand Brandon Garrison will be on this show on Thursday. We're gonna talk about how he likes to, you know, give him the old onesie two on the court.
Speaker 5: Has Travis Perry announced anything yet or no.
Speaker 3: I have not seen an announcement, But I also have not heard one peep about him looking elsewhere. Yeah, I don't need it, but he hasn't made the like I'm back, I don't believe. Okay, so we so basically we're one player away. It looks like they're trying to get a shooter. The kid from Kansas, Griffin Rylan and Griffin is visiting tomorrow. There's some scuttle butt about this kid from Florida, which is odd to me he would leave. He was the sixth man this year and.
Speaker 4: On a national championship team and presumably would have started next year. So I don't know what that's about, but I have I've learned something here right since I've been gone.
Speaker 7: But yeah, you get get smart on us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm done worrying about the portal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because the.
Speaker 4: Portal is unlike high school recruiting because it's like the supply of players is like endless. So you lose a guy and they go.
Speaker 8: Oh Mark Pope whiffed wif strike three, and then like five new guys getting the portal the next day.
Speaker 4: True, it's not like high school recruiting where you know the fifty dudes, and it's not like people are gonna get older or better Drew in this the players just keep coming. So you lose a guy, just go get another guy. So we ended up losing some people, but then we got guys who were maybe better. And the same thing is gonna happen with these shooters. Who was the shooter we lost? We lost a kid from USC and then we lost the kid to Indiana Wilkerson. Yeah, but now you may go get a kid. Rylan Griffin who was a top forty recruit or the six man on a national championship team, and Drew It'll be just the same, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been wild even on Friday. I don't know if Kentucky will get Stoyakovich, but his name popped up. I mean, it just keeps going. Haggarty from Memphis, leading scorer in the entire country last year, just pops up. Portal officially closes tomorrow, so I guess it is closing soon. But up until this point, he just keeps going. There's I saw someone like salmon. They just keep showing up in the water.
Speaker 2: Like stream upstream.
Speaker 5: There's this swingtness.
Speaker 4: All right, so you didn't get one salmon, just stick your hand in the water and get another one.
Speaker 3: Two three hundred people in the portal. That is nuts. Now, not all of those are Kentucky caliber, but that is a lot of people.
Speaker 5: So I'm I'm done worrying about it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now, the only thing I am worried about Shannon is the mistake of Scoop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he hasn't exactly had his best streak.
Speaker 5: We need to have a conversation.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, ready, you were by my account, oh for forty.
Speaker 3: Three and predictions on this because over two.
Speaker 4: Who was the one you guaranteed right before I left him him Gwaffe.
Speaker 3: Or you said we were getting yaxl in full glare. I didn't say.
Speaker 7: I didn't they were getting yaxl.
Speaker 3: You said two in one week. Yeah, were supposed to. Thought we're gonna get two.
Speaker 6: The spaniard kid from Robert Morris who committed to Iowa, but I never said he was coming. Said they're in gouper is with him. But I did say they were gonna get that m cloth and the.
Speaker 5: Guy from San And didn't you have another one while I was gone?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And then when Drew and I started the show that morning, we put into it, I said, I said, and Drew and I started the show this morning that the kid from what was his.
Speaker 5: Name, Wilkerson, you guaranteed Wilkerson.
Speaker 6: And then Indiana came in like probably during our show during the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, do you think they called during the show and said, Scoop Lemon has said this, I need to go.
Speaker 6: They went to seem they didn't just call, They went to see him and made him a better offer and offered to somebody in his family a position on the staff.
Speaker 7: So he switched to Indiana.
Speaker 4: Right, So it's let me ask you. First of all, I think recruiting is different now.
Speaker 7: It is totally different.
Speaker 4: Like a guy can come in, he's ready to go to the school, somebody offers more money.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 7: That's the world we live in.
Speaker 5: I think that's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 4: Do you think scoop you should adjust your scoop behavior?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: Definitely. I think we all have learned some lesson we all.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't learned anything.
Speaker 4: I didn't have to learn any well, even we didn't guarantee anybody.
Speaker 3: Did you guarantee anybody? I specifically said, I don't know what will? Did you guarantee you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 5: Did you guarantee anybody?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: So there, so there's maybe one person.
Speaker 6: The Magoon guy, like all the Crystal Ball predicted everybody was had like Kentucky one hundred percent, that was a done deal and he did.
Speaker 7: Kid just changed his mind when to stay home play at San Diego State.
Speaker 5: So back to our did we learn a less.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm gonna definitely kind of kind of chuck it down.
Speaker 6: Couple, did you block the number on sour because he still has really good information.
Speaker 3: It just changes.
Speaker 7: It just changes in a day.
Speaker 4: But because you know it changes, maybe should you change how you talk about it to maybe that's not like scoop lock of the month to this is where it stands. Now, Yes, let's see what happens.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because it's obviously kids are changing their mind overnight. They are, and that the schools are casting a big net man and there's a bunch of people in their net, a bunch of salmon in their net.
Speaker 2: We'll just start telling you a scuttle butt limon instead.
Speaker 4: I think here's the problem with when Ryan does that Drew true story. I'm sitting in the Hague in the Netherlands, sitting in my room.
Speaker 5: It's a break. We have just been reading Spinosa.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, what a day.
Speaker 5: Yes, we're about to meet with Desmond Tutu's daughter.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 5: Yeah she was wonderful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I have an hour and a half off and I've got I've just been reading Spinosa, been in my philosophical bag, right, and now I'm about to meet the Archbishop Desmond Tutu's day And I go, well, let's see.
Speaker 5: What's happening in the UK world. And I get on Twitter and everyone is mad at me.
Speaker 4: At ky Sports Radio, how are you gonna guarantee Berberber? And then I read it and it's really they're mad at Jack Pilgrim and Ryan. But somehow that just becomes me welcome. I need to know, Shannon, what Ryan had said. I didn't know what Jack.
Speaker 3: Pilgrim had said.
Speaker 5: I was just getting ready for missus Tutu.
Speaker 2: You should have keep us to if she didn't.
Speaker 5: Jones charges nine nine for false I'm like, I don't. I am with Tutu and I'm at the Hague.
Speaker 2: I don't think you run the website anymore.
Speaker 4: I don't and Ryan, so I would ask because the people who blame me for the stuff on the website, like there's only some there's nothing to do about that. Although I don't even think Jack and Jacob I don't think they did anything wrong either. People just need to calm down. But you you are someone in theory, in your circle that I have control of. Yes, can you just for me, just take a deep breath. Yes, before you guarantee something like, just guarantee it. If it's guaranteed it was at the moment.
Speaker 7: It has changed. It just changed. He changed his mind. He wanted to stay home.
Speaker 4: So I got there and Archbishop Desmond Tutu's daughter, Yeah, she was talking about and I came up to you. No, she wasn't talking about the recruiting. But when I came up there, she goes, you look worried. That's what she said to me. And I said, Lamar Wilkerson picked in the end and scoop limit had guaranteed it. I didn't guarantee that everyone is mad at me.
Speaker 5: Oh lesson learned.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, definitely, yeah, kind of. It's a different world we live in these days. The transfer portal in il money.
Speaker 5: Ay five nine.
Speaker 3: But no, I'm not giving that.
Speaker 4: We're not taking any We'll take a break and be right back this kso, welcome back taken sports radio tax machine. Let's get back into texting everybody seven seven two seven seven four five two five four one person rights Matt, Archbishop Bishop Desmond Tutu's daughter went to UK.
Speaker 5: Look at that. What I wish somebody had told me that, for a matter, we would have had something in common.
Speaker 3: And she might have been interested in Laura Luchusen.
Speaker 4: She might have been Maybe I could have broken the scoop was wrong. Sorry, ma'am. I didn't know that. Did you know that?
Speaker 7: I had never heard that before.
Speaker 5: That would have been nice to know.
Speaker 4: World. Apparently we're seeing her again in South Africa, So now I have something to say besides you look there you go, besides her saying you look sad?
Speaker 5: All right? One through fifteen, true.
Speaker 3: I'm up again. I will go lucky number thirteen thirteen Rory, Okay, sweetest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 7: So you got a chance to watch it.
Speaker 5: I stayed up till like two thirty in the morning.
Speaker 3: Did you good, dude?
Speaker 4: That was top five sports emotion moment. I think I can ever see individual sports give you like an emotion. Yeah, that you can't even get in team sports because it's one person. And watching Rory knocks it in the water on the one hole, then comes back, sticks it within four feet on the next hole, then misses a little putt, then hits it in the bunker, then makes a putt, then goes like it was great. And then watching that seven minutes where he.
Speaker 3: Walked, uh huh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was just.
Speaker 5: Like that was theater, wasn't it. I mean that was theater. That was to me.
Speaker 8: Drew.
Speaker 4: Why you watch sports, whether you like rory or not, just that whole thing, like the agony, the ecstasy. I mean, if he had lost, what he might have cried for six months straight, like it was awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it was already gonna be exciting when the matchup was set going into Sunday, but he his legacy was on the line. He would have been known as an all time choke artist. It would have been like, all right, you're the guys in the US opened last year and then just the roller coaster. He hits a great shot and you're like, well, he's won it. Then he misses a putt, then he knows them and the water is one of the worst shots I've ever seen. Yeah, yeah, that was one of the worst. It was a roller coaster.
Speaker 4: I know you were pulling for him, Drew. I was definitely pulling for him, Shannon. Were you pulling for him or did you.
Speaker 5: Want to choke?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, I wanted to see him finish it out. And it was very emotional for him there at the end, just watching him cry as he won.
Speaker 3: And it felt real.
Speaker 4: It didn't feel fake, you know what Some people like, they get into all that and it feels a little dramatic, like it felt like the weight of the world was on his shoulders, right, you could see him shaking.
Speaker 6: Yeah, even though he was the leader, I felt like watching it, he was the underdog and I was pulling for him because he hit those bad shots. But to Jim Nance's credit, he shut up and didn't shut up no one auto he walked out.
Speaker 5: That was Jim Nance at his best. It was right there.
Speaker 4: It wasn't Jim Nance with a portrait of himself hanging in the living room. That was Jim Nance just shutting up and letting it have at the moment, at the moment happened, and it was.
Speaker 5: It was awesome.
Speaker 3: It was very cool.
Speaker 6: And you could tell when he broke down on the green and got through his knees. I mean, he was just he was trembling because he was so olden that all that more emotion is all.
Speaker 7: Poured out at once on the green.
Speaker 4: Normally you think Justin Rose would have been the because he's old right and sort of his own masters struggles and he has his own thing. But like everybody was like, get out of here, Justin let let let Roy.
Speaker 7: And then in the extra hole he hit a great shot.
Speaker 6: Rory topped it and then he hit a great shot and then Rory topped it like it was.
Speaker 7: That was great drama.
Speaker 4: So that was very gracious he was because because you know, he has to be disappointed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he couldn't have been more grace.
Speaker 3: He's he's led after round one of the Masters five times and never won it, so he kind of had his own stuff on his back.
Speaker 7: He can do it next year, he can get it next year.
Speaker 3: It was one of the best things, like eighty two, Oh wow, that's really old to be out there. He's like ten Jane acquaintances.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right, all right, So one through fourteen what he got right? Eleven eleven Tyler Childer's concert.
Speaker 5: I got back. Mario picked me up at the airport, which was very nice. Got back.
Speaker 4: I was like, I love Tyle Schilders and it would have been neat because you know, I saw him in Amsterdam seven years that's right, And it would have been neat to go from scene him with fifty people to see him with fifty thousand, right, right. But I was exhausted long travel issues, which we'll talk about later, but so I decided not to go. Saw a million videos. I feel like the whole state was there, looked awesome. He sang that Jersey Giant song which he never performs, the light show with the drones, etc. So first of all, look like an amazing show.
Speaker 5: You went. Was it amazing?
Speaker 3: And I didn't get to go to Stapleton at Kroger Field, so that was my first Kroger Field concert. It made a great venue and it felt like there were three million people in there. It was very very cool. We got We started at Chaos Bar, had a good crowd there. Actually someone played Rocky Top during our trout t I ran the old crowd started booing and I ran over to the wall and hitting mute. But we had a good pregame. Then headed over to Tailgated and it was a great, great show inside. I loved everything about it.
Speaker 5: It was awesome.
Speaker 4: I mean I've become ends with with Jesse and CJ and Craig who were in the band, and it was it's awesome to see two of those guys are Kentuckians. To see this, get actually three, all three of them, uh to see it, get to be on that stage, it's just got to be awesome. And CJ War Jared Lorenzing Jersey. Yeah, there was a moment where CJ.
Speaker 3: Jesse and Tyler they did that thing where they go to another stage in the very middle and it was just the three of them and they did a song together. So that was knowing them a little bit. Yeah, Craig's from West Virginia, but he lives in Ashland. But so that was that was just awesome.
Speaker 5: Now. The second thing though, is you know, Shannon, I like to talk about traffic.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I hear.
Speaker 5: When it was over.
Speaker 3: I hear when it was over, it was Trafficain it.
Speaker 6: Was all of election in downtown. Legs was locked up, the grid was locked up. Well, even the traffic to get to the contract. I think some people miss Winona because they.
Speaker 7: Couldn't even get there.
Speaker 5: They missed wine owner.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh no, you can't miss one, miss wine owner.
Speaker 4: I heard that, like people were just abandoning in their cars, handing their children to st angers, insane save them. That it was that it was that wild.
Speaker 7: They were pulling off and just walking. They just had to walk.
Speaker 5: They just leave their car and road.
Speaker 6: To find some parking spot down by the what is that Morton Middle School and.
Speaker 7: Walk the rest of the way.
Speaker 2: Was the problem.
Speaker 1: I mean, just everybody trying to come in it once. I mean, they have football games.
Speaker 4: Football games there with more people than were there, So what was the problem.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I got I got lucky. Abby was driving. We got a police have scored home unintentionally. We got out in fifteen minutes, but I had friends. I'm in bed texting them and they're still at Krogerfield trying to people still a Kroger carefield.
Speaker 4: Now they're trying, like listening to the show, trying to get home.
Speaker 3: We got very lucky. You got to go the wrong way behind a police motorcycle. I still don't know why that happened. But we got out of there quickly. But behind us we could just see the mayhem in the review.
Speaker 4: MI part you should have parked a KS bar if you did, yes, because I think that I had people say that was the play.
Speaker 7: That was the play.
Speaker 4: But I mean, you know, I love the UK's doing this. I love that it sold out. I mean I have to say, when they announced it, I thought, well, he'll get a great crowd, but I don't sell out sixty one thousand people. But they did.
Speaker 6: He stands up there to Kentucky Strong's let shirt. Yeah, just proud of Eastern Kentucky what they've gone through.
Speaker 3: I'm just so proud.
Speaker 4: I was exhausted and I just could not because you know, I'm you get to an age, Shannon where the number one thing about a concert is where am I gonna park?
Speaker 5: And how am I going to get out?
Speaker 2: Cane? Can I get out?
Speaker 5: Can I get out?
Speaker 4: And I was like, I'm exhausted, I can't deal with all that, But I am like insanely proud. Yes, to see a dude that seven years ago in the same city I was just in had fifty people there eight years ago, and now that's gotta be awesome, Like it's only like Stapleton's the only guy to do that.
Speaker 5: Another Kentucky guy.
Speaker 3: He used to play for twenty people at Al's Bar. I liked. At one point he looks at the crowd, He's like, this is like two hundred and fifty ols bars in here. So he was more than Yeah. I think he messed up the math there, but it was cool to see him shout that out and just looking around you could tell he was he was even impressed by what was in front.
Speaker 4: Of You gotta work on the traffic, though, You gotta work on the traffic. That's a hard place to get in and out. It is, but but but it looked like it was awesome. And do you like the Drone Show? Do you like all the Lives?
Speaker 7: I think I think it's really cool? And Drew, why did they do a rooster?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 7: I don't know that story why they do a rooster?
Speaker 5: He has that song, right? Is that why he did it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's some reference on a song. But it was very cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, if you had to miss why knowner because of the traffic, that would make me mad.
Speaker 5: Very backs KSR.
Speaker 3: TJ. Smith, personal injury attorney, called TJ.
Speaker 5: He'll make them pay.
Speaker 1: Now more of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 2: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: So this is a song he'd like never plays Shannon Giant. This is Jerry Giant, Jersey Gihant. He hadn't played it in like ten years.
Speaker 3: He wrote it.
Speaker 4: I don't know the reason why he doesn't play it, but he wrote it and other people have recorded it. But like you have to be like an old school like he hasn't played it since I've known it, But like you had to be one of the people that was going and seeing him in Al's Bar, and he brought it back out for the show. So, like hardcore Tyler fans were very I'd heard that he had this song, but I never heard him play it once, and he played it at that still.
Speaker 7: So I guess did the place explode when we start playing it?
Speaker 4: From the people that knew, Yeah, from the people that knew kind of what it was, I guess other people have recorded it like other countries singers. With storms continuing to hit Kentucky to Kentucky Chambers continuing their flood relief efforts for those of our community members in eastern Kentucky. The website is Kwychamber dot com slash twenty twenty five storm Relief. So if you would like to continue to give to the organizations that we gave to during the other storms, Kwychamber dot com slash twenty twenty five storm Relief. Let's help our fellow neighbors with the Kentucky Chamber with the flooding. Kwychamber dot com slash twenty twenty five storm relief. Mario one through thirteen.
Speaker 5: Three.
Speaker 4: UK Baseball Yeah, UK Baseball goes on the road and for the first time since twenty fifteen, beats a top five team on their home field, beating Tennessee the Dirty Valls.
Speaker 5: Huge win.
Speaker 3: They're on the bubble for the for the College World Series.
Speaker 4: Now it looks like they're gonna be on the good side of the bubble at least for the next few weeks.
Speaker 3: Huge win for the UK baseball It was awesome. I mean they lose Friday, then Saturday and Sunday they held Tennessee, one of the best offenses in the country, to three total runs. I watched Sundays. It's three to two in the eighth and they just ran it up on them thanks score three and eight two in the ninth. Pitching was outstanding both those days, and they had won in Knoxville since twenty sixteen.
Speaker 4: So huge hugeness spoiling Easter weekend. Tennessee fans are livid, Shannon. They're so angry because on Friday, the Kentucky baseball team danced in the locker room.
Speaker 5: Did you see that? They did like a little uh what do you call it?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 5: Uh not jingo? What's the line? Like congo? Like a conga line? Did you say I've seen this?
Speaker 4: They did like a conga line during the game and some fan tweeted it out and said, look at he's unprofessionally Savannah banana tight blah blah blah. And then the Savannah banana type losers, which is what I think that guy said, came back and beat them.
Speaker 2: The next two can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a huge, huge series went over the weekend. Now you got Louisville coming up, I think, is that tomorrow?
Speaker 5: It's tomorrow tomorrow here and get some.
Speaker 1: Big opportunities to get some some big wins coming up soon.
Speaker 5: They needed it.
Speaker 6: I mean they've been having a struggle a little bit. I know, they won the series at Texas. Now they won the series at Tennessee.
Speaker 7: They knew where the.
Speaker 4: Texas A and M Texas and if they had had like three or four series where they'd gone into the third game it lost by like one run, and so it was nice of them to get it and against Tennessee defending champs. Eat it, Tennessee. It is just eat it, like they all. He thinks you're so high and mighty't. They're the team that talks like all that trash, right. Their coaches up there always flipping people off, and they're trying to act like they're the classy team.
Speaker 3: If teams want to complain about Kentucky's behavior, okay, I'll hear it out. They can get all over the top, but not Tennessee because they're worse. They were the fur coats and the hats and say daddy, and their coaches all the hats that say dad. Yeah. I mean they're they're much wilder than Kentucky is. So of all teams to complain that, Tennessee is not the one that should be doing it.
Speaker 5: Well good. I like that. Minjion has fun.
Speaker 4: Minjion told me and Chipotle back in the fall that this wasn't the most talented roster in the world. And yet they still are fighting, and they beat one of the national championship contenders on the road.
Speaker 7: They seemed to kind of be finding themselves a little bit.
Speaker 6: Like Drew said, the pitching was outstanding this weekend down in Tennessee, so maybe it jump start the rest of their season.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go all the way back to number one. Let's see what was number one?
Speaker 4: Bt I has has quit. It's interesting his internship is falling.
Speaker 8: Is over.
Speaker 4: We're not like the Hunger Games where if you if you quit, we must murder you.
Speaker 2: You're not used to us anymore, take them out and.
Speaker 4: Buy bt I, just for the record, has not passed. He uh, he has been writing for the KSR website longer than anyone exactly he was there. It was me, Rob Goodell and the intern John Wilkinson, and then bt I was next.
Speaker 3: Wow, eighteen years, eighteen years an intern never made an employee after all of those eighteen years. But he is uh, he's decided to not write anymore, which I just you know, he was the original hated KSR right like fans really would get angry at HI because he would take the and I love you BTI stupidest takes.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: He'd come on there to John wall is just not that entertaining and you can't want to keep toon what is wrong with you, Brian? But nobody loves the KSR site more. Nobody's written more. I mean, he would write those morning takes and and and picks to.
Speaker 3: Click, picks to click, Ranson ramblings. Ranson ramblings, So for old school KSR people. And remember, I will now say it because.
Speaker 5: We won't use it anymore. We haven't used it a lot.
Speaker 4: But on the very first day that I ever did a radio show. I said to people, if I know you're listening on the first day, you need to say to me one thing, BTI sucks. Yep, because that's what people would say the time, and there are still people still who will scream at me BTI sucks and Brasso. That's how I know you've listened for a long time. So good luck to BTI.
Speaker 3: I think even Toddler's post BTIS sucks one last time. I mean bt I definitely doesn't suck. We love BTI. It was fun starting our mornings with him all the time. But that that is a one from the vault. I think we've been had to contest giveaway to Madness camp out where you had to run up and say it. It was a big part of the early KSR.
Speaker 4: Lord, if you came up to me and you said, I mean, I gave away tickets to a to a UK John Wall DeMarcus Cousins home game. I walked on campus and said the first person who comes up to me on campus and says BTI sucks wins, And within twenty seconds a girl came up and went.
Speaker 3: Ye, that sucks.
Speaker 5: That's awesome, And I gave him two tickets to the game.
Speaker 6: Definitely tip of the cat to that guy. He's been He's been a good, good backbone for you guys for.
Speaker 7: A long time.
Speaker 5: All Right, one through eleven, Shannon.
Speaker 2: Let's go ten?
Speaker 5: Ten?
Speaker 2: Is that a bad You don't like that? Should I go nine?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: No, Ten's fine. I just don't.
Speaker 3: Okay, So here's the problem.
Speaker 4: UK football spring practice occurred and I don't know what happened.
Speaker 3: I was there and I don't know what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think anybody does.
Speaker 4: I talked one day while I was in the Netherlands. I talked on the phone for like four minutes to Marks Tubes and he said to me something effective, So, how do you feel like things are going? And I had to just look at him and go, I have no idea, like because I don't know anything about this team, and I cover.
Speaker 5: It like, do you.
Speaker 3: I know the roster? Now that's a stoke.
Speaker 5: But our quarterback is going to be Nick Impanata, right.
Speaker 3: Uh, unless something drastically changes, I think it's gonna be Zach Calzada. All right.
Speaker 4: I was being a joke with with the Impanada. I did not know his name was Zach I thought it was Nick Okay, seventh.
Speaker 2: Year, seventh, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: He's a quarterback. Who's our starting running back?
Speaker 3: Probably gonna be Dante Daldell from Nebraska. Of all my takeaways of the spring game, and it was two hand touched, it was really hard to form an opinion. They didn't They didn't go for very long. He looked pretty good. I mean, if they were actually tackling and weren't stopping him when he got tagged by the safety, I think his first rush would have been a sixty five yard.
Speaker 5: So our wide receivers will be Macklin and who else?
Speaker 3: Kendrick Law who's that from Alabama?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: Actually he played at the Super Bowl? Right, I get it, thank you. There's still a gray area with true Edwards that they really want to get. He's trying to.
Speaker 5: Get these trying to get a ninth year.
Speaker 3: Okay. Yeah, where's he from?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: Louisiana Tech? Okay, honestly, Quizinberry?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: The freshman looked very good in the US. His dad played for the Royals. Didn't need yeated, okay. David Washington Junior also looks good in that he's he was on the team last year. He's another young guy that didn't really I.
Speaker 4: See we got hardly Gilmour back. Yes, he was hardly gone and now he's back.
Speaker 3: That got the response you could. You could probably assume people didn't love that one, as we're fixing the culture and he just got dismissed from Nebraska. But they needed to add someone.
Speaker 4: So uh, okay, offensive line, I'm not gonna know anyone on the offensive line.
Speaker 3: Did I see we got a kid who then has already left. Yeah, did have a transfer, probably because he wasn't gonna play.
Speaker 4: Also, he got a kid from New Mexico then immediately went somewhere else.
Speaker 3: Yes, talking about a short stay. He didn't even get.
Speaker 1: What could possibly go that badly.
Speaker 3: Wasn't going to play, So it didn't look like that might be why I left. I'll say this, I know people have mixed feelings about Jagger through his first three years. Jagger is enormous. Now. I even saw him out Saturday night, not in like uniforms and him he is massive and he'll be Uh. They moved him to center and then uh, she has she has peaked from New Mexico State left tackle. That is a gigantic all right, that's good. Okay, So now I want to play a game, Shannon.
Speaker 4: How many defensive starters can you name on next year's Kentucky team.
Speaker 2: I don't think I can name one.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking this is a hard game and someone I'm I'm I'm not trying to put spot.
Speaker 5: I don't know that I can name one.
Speaker 7: I just know one, and just because he's been in my pool one hundred times.
Speaker 4: What's his name, ty Bryant? Oh, of course, okay, so Ty Bryant, there's one. Give me another starter.
Speaker 3: J Q Hardaway's back at cornerback.
Speaker 5: Okay, I know him.
Speaker 3: D J. Waller at cornerback, know him, breakout last know him? Yeah? So I know all right, I know what Jordan love It know him? Okay, sorry, I got this all right. Now we're starting to get a lot of newcomer. We have Alex Safari, he's played right away as Okay. Then you get to a lot of new names. The defensive lines, mostly me the defensive line. Uh well, you got David Gusta Augusta still learning.
Speaker 5: Never heard that name.
Speaker 3: He was a big get from the portal. Josi Hayes is back. He had an injury last Yeah. Khalil Saunders is back.
Speaker 5: Okay, I know him.
Speaker 3: They did. Henry Young transferred out. He was on that the guy from Ohio State, he's gone.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then there's a Humphrey Grace. He's new hum for Grace. Yeah, mcqueens Humphrey Grade. I had a good service yesterday over humph We made it an elder. We caught the sun rise at Humphrey. Then Sam Green from.
Speaker 5: USC oh remember transferring.
Speaker 3: He's still a new addition.
Speaker 5: He's good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The the the linebackers are pretty new. Rainer he was on the team. Other than that, they've added.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: I thought he was our kicker. Well, there was.
Speaker 4: It's a differences defense kicker to linebacker.
Speaker 3: I was at the spring game holding a actual roster in my hand, and I still struggle with what the defensive look.
Speaker 4: I say all this to not make any judgment about whether we're gonna be good. I just have never You have to go back to before I started this radio show to know a football team that I know less than this one. I just don't know this team. I don't know who's on it. I've not seen. I didn't get to go to any spring practice. Clearly, I don't know anything about him. So one of the things I'm gonna do over the next few weeks is just try to learn, because we're gonna need to talk about it this summer. I don't even know who these people are. And I just think if I don't know and you don't know, right, and you don't know Shannon Andrew, then our football fans are gonna have no idea who's on the field next year, don't you agree?
Speaker 6: And the offense just so many new faces, new quarterback, ner, running back, new receivers, new line, they're all new. The one position I think they got they do have some ofiliar faces back is tight end.
Speaker 5: You know, they do have Willie Rodriguez.
Speaker 3: Catis's back, Caddis.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So that's that's maybe the one position they've got the most names that people know.
Speaker 3: You got will Cox and Patterson in the backfield.
Speaker 4: And worried though we moved our kicker to line back.
Speaker 7: He was a good kicker.
Speaker 3: We hadded a running back yesterday from New Mexico State.
Speaker 7: Another New Mexican pep talked for him.
Speaker 5: We did.
Speaker 8: We did.
Speaker 4: Somebody just go on vacation in New Mexico and just go I like all these guys, a lot of New Mexico.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll take a break right back cancer Joe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this was the ilight a WrestleMania for me last night.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 8: I tell you.
Speaker 5: Shannon didn't even know who this guy was. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Never, I'm kind of been off on the independent scene. But he's at TNA. And for people who didn't watch WrestleMania, long story short, wrestler gets hurt, they got a feeling with somebody. They call this guy on Saturday and go, hey, can you fly to Vegas and wrestle And he comes out and this is his song, and he's rede. I can't even do justice to the like. You just have to see the video. And Shannon, I loved it. The whole crowd was chanting his name. And now literally all morning, I've been going, like, play the start again, just hit it from the start again.
Speaker 5: I've been doing this like allmore. That's a great song.
Speaker 4: He literally became popular just because his song is catchy.
Speaker 1: Shann I had no idea who that guy was when he walked through the curtain, but there he was in WrestleMania.
Speaker 3: I believe in Joe Dress.
Speaker 2: So nobody knew who was coming.
Speaker 5: I mean, no nobody knew's coming out.
Speaker 4: Wrestling fans, like hardcore ones know who this guy is, but most people don't.
Speaker 7: So they're all watching, see watching.
Speaker 4: It, and here comes this guy, I believe, and Place loses it because he's such a goofball looking guy and I'm sorry. I just go watch the video it's and you'll you'll like, I got ten topics, five segments. We're not gonna get through all of it, so let me just I'm gonna get through some of it, but let me just give a couple wenks. First of all, Mark Pope is going to come on the show for an hour long sit down, really, but he is asked uh to he wants to come on when the roster is finished. Okay, so here's a little tidbit. When you hear me announce the day he's coming on, then you're gonna know the roster is finished.
Speaker 7: Roster's over.
Speaker 4: But that also, by implication, means Drew the roster is not finished. Yeah, because he he was we were gonna try to do it, uh this week or next week, next week's derby, and then he was like and then his people were like, can we wait till the roster's finished? So that means the roster's not finished, Drew, because he will come on here. When the roster is finished, Port's still open for another day.
Speaker 3: He has work to do, and but once he's finally ready to come on, it'll be great to hear for him, especially in the long form like that. Yes, so we haven't gotten to do a long interview.
Speaker 4: What's probably gonna happen is I'm gonna tape it with him, just like freestyle, so when I do commercials and all that, and then we'll edit it into the show and just play it one day during the show.
Speaker 6: Thanks just here because, like we've said, when you were gone then all this time last year he had nor nobody. Now we've got a roster we can win with. Even though he's gonna add some more guys. I think this is still a roster we can win with next year.
Speaker 5: Oh take oh way cut his hair shaved.
Speaker 7: It shaved.
Speaker 3: It's gone all business, all business, no pleasure.
Speaker 5: Do you like it? Mario? When are you doing it?
Speaker 3: They said, he's not doing it?
Speaker 5: You got the same hair.
Speaker 4: Follow Away, you know, Tyler says, follow you to Virgie, You follow away to to a nice dome.
Speaker 3: What do you think of it looks good. You know, I thought his hairs might be his hairs. His hair might be part of his powers last season. I hope it's not the case. He's trying to look clean for the draft. I don't think that is, but it's it's a good look for him.
Speaker 7: I take it as almost like a commitment.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 7: I am all business this year. There's no flash. I'm business. I'm here to win.
Speaker 5: You don't think maybe he just wanted to cut his hair.
Speaker 3: It could be maybe he's going to be Yankees.
Speaker 5: All right? One through ten? Ryan eight. Bill Belichick's girlfriend, Oh boy.
Speaker 2: How what's she up to?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: First of all, let me just say, let me just say, Bill Belichick's girlfriend, do your thing. I'm not hating, right, Yeah, but the video from the spring practice is amazing. I mean she looks like, to me, she's running the program now yeah right, She's wearing this jacket, these boots. She's walking around telling people. You can see her going, we're gonna need to do this and that. And Belichick, who is known as a control freak, just seems to be cool with it. I will tell you, Shannon.
Speaker 5: I'm fast.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's I think it might be The best story in college football is that relationship.
Speaker 5: I'm not a saying like should he date or should not? Like who cares? It's their lives. I don't care, but.
Speaker 4: Just their interactions. And if you worked at North Carolina and Bill Belichick's twenty five year old girlfriend Shannon is telling you what to do, that's got to be.
Speaker 3: Crazy, right, Yeah, but she clearly.
Speaker 4: Bisner, former KSR writer, is one of the people that works there.
Speaker 6: Apparently when you were gone, there was like an email chain among the staff and she was in on it, and she was contributing to this.
Speaker 4: She was saying, don't refer to Bill Belichick's son as his son because it downplays what he is.
Speaker 5: And can you imagine if you worked it North Carolina?
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well the athletic uncovered. Then when he got hired, he said to ce see her on all emails.
Speaker 4: Unbelievable. Wow, how would you just think about TJ for a minute? Worked at comes to KStV, comes to KSR, then had to work with col In the col being difficult era. Okay, goes to North Carolina and now he's working with Bill Belichick's girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Can you I haven't even talked to him about it. But can you imagine, Drew, we know him as well, can you imagine what this is like. He thought he was like getting away from the cow experience, and now he has the Bill Belichick girlfriend experience, and they.
Speaker 3: Thought they were hiring a legend, and now everything's just filtering through her with no experience.
Speaker 4: Like everything. I mean, she may be the but everything's filtering through like TikTok. It's unbelievable. It's the most bizarre story in sports. We'll take a break, be right back.
Speaker 5: KOSR