Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for inseter news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys Headquarters at the Star Infrasco. And now your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: Today is January fourteenth, twenty twenty five, and we are officially.
Speaker 3: One hundred days away.
Speaker 2: From the twenty twenty five NFL Draft in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The countdown begins and continues fast and furious from this point forward. As we welcome you into the Draft Show presented by Miller Lte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. We've got Zach Wolchuck Brian brought us, Nick Harris, Tommy Yarish.
Speaker 4: I'm Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: As we welcome you in, We've also got breaking news from yesterday after the show was recorded. Within minutes of the show being recorded, then the news finally broke that Mike McCarthy is out as Dallas Cowboys head coach. I even got a call from Zach Walchuk. You We're like in the car on your way back to the radio station.
Speaker 3: What just happened? Is this real? Is this real? Well? Is this real? You confirm? This is this?
Speaker 2: What's happening. It was indeed real and it did indeed happen. So where does that leave us, Brian whenever it comes to the NFL draft, how much does that affect things now that McCarthy is no longer expected to be the head coach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've Now you turn into the mode of okay, you have an idea maybe who the next coach will be, you know, and as a staff, then you have to go back and then look at these players that I'm not saying rejected, but maybe when the staff new staff comes in, you now have to turn around and then reevaluate players that you put like on a hold list. And so they won't be able to do anything until they figure out there the scheme with the coach. So the you know, now if the Jones family and Will wants to try and hire somebody similar scheme wise, you know where before three three four, they they can kind of adapt to that. They have an idea of you know, the guys that maybe are on their list, like, okay, we have to be ready for this. But what they're going to do is they have a bunch of players that they put what they call on hold, and so now you have to go back, and they they give these players a grade, say they call them a nine, and so they give them a grade of a nine, and then all of a sudden, they can go back and look at all they can pull. Now, with the way computers are, you can pull all your nine grades and then say, okay, to any of these guys fit into the new scheme that we're going to run, or is it or there's a scheme similar to what we're going to run and we're not going to need. But they'll go back and they'll pull all those players. And once they pull all those players, then they can go back and determine they don't completely get rid of players. They put them in that holding area and then you know, once they know that, okay, here's our scheme. Let's look at all our players. This fits. Let's bring guys back. So that's what they're going to be working on right now, is they're going to try and get an idea of what direction they're going to go. The front office will say, hey, here we are, this is likely who the guys we're talking to. We have to be ready for this scheme, this scheme and this scheme with these three guys, and so you know, that just puts the scouts really on hold right now. They continue to do the stuff getting ready for the bowl games and stuff, but they just have to know now that they're going to have to potentially go and pull those nine players, those nine graded players, and bring them back to life for potential evaluation going forward.
Speaker 5: I would imagine it makes it more extensive too, because if you have a head coach in place, you have a system in place, Yeah, and you look at a player, you can say, oh, that's not a.
Speaker 3: Guy for us.
Speaker 5: That's not Yeah, it could be a guy where like, hey, that's a good player, but he's not a guy for us. Now you look at that player even more because you don't know who the head coaches got. Yeah, circle back on that guy. So I would imagine there's more work.
Speaker 3: There there, you know. I I've always thought that there was a way that that these players if they're not a guy. For example, the Steelers have had three head coaches in the last you know, if you look at Chuck Knowle's history Steels, Yeah, Is Cower and Tomlin they've had, but they've had the same scheme throughout, so their scouts know exactly the type of players. So that doesn't change for them.
Speaker 4: Baltimore.
Speaker 3: Baltimore is another one. Yeah, exactly. So see that's where you're at. Uh. You know, it's not that they reject players. They'll do the grades. If they go to a school and they've got ten players at Ohio State, they will evaluate all ten players. It's not like, well wait a minute, this guy doesn't fit in our scheme and I'm not gonna do him. I'm just gonna immediately reject him. So they have grades on these guys or information on these guys. But like I said, they give them a knot for us grade, which you know could be like say it could be a nine, you still a number. Say it's a nine, and that means not for us, somebody else. That's somebody else. Well, now you now you have to go pull those guys. You just have to sort them all out and say, Okay, who are all the nine guys that fit? Because what happens is you get coaches that are coming here. They're gonna like we play with press corners, we want length, or we want we are a coach. No, we play a lot of off coverage. We don't need length, we need you know, we need this or you know especial. Hey, this team plays with this scheme, plays with a defensive plays with a nose tackle big nose. They no, no, we don't need a big nose. We need more threes. That's where they're at right now. They're gonna have to determine which of these guys now that when they get to the evaluation side of it, like and they'll be and maybe there'll not be a ton of guys they bring back, but there'll be some guys that they that they have in that holding area. And you know, depending on scheme, they could very well bring back for evaluation.
Speaker 5: When would you say is the last day that they need to make a hire before it just becomes too much work before the draft to to go back and.
Speaker 6: Look at everybody.
Speaker 3: You know, I that's scouts are really used to adapting to whatever they have to do, you know. And I say that is I can't give you a specific date. I think that what you want to be able to do, though, is you know, we've we've seen this go to like All Star Games. We've seen like coaches you know, get changed, and all of a sudden we're at the Senior Bowl and now they're having to answer ask or answer questions about interviews and stuff. And the Senior Bowl is a terrible place to go if you have to hire a coach.
Speaker 6: I think that's going to be the reality.
Speaker 4: Well, and that's that's what came in my mind, was like what you like it done by the Senior Bowl.
Speaker 3: Well, what happens then is like, you know, these guys here they are trying to evaluate players, and then they're standing there and then everybody who's out of a gig, the Chicago Bear guys all, you know, everybody, the Jet guys, everybody that's out of a gig right now, and some coach just maybe trying to get back, are going up to general managers sitting in the stands. Hey, I'm Brian brought us. Oh yeah, hi Brian, Yeah, oh yeah, Well hey you know if you need and you know, this is where I'm at. Da da da da da. And now you you can't get away from that. You're you're spending the majority of your evaluation period shaking hands with Brian Broadest and others that are trying to find jobs instead of scouting your instead of scouting yeah, instead of yeah, you're you're now having to and maybe you could set some things up at your hotel room. You get a suite, you set some things up and like meetings with this guy. I mean, but if but these general managers there, if somebody's hunting a job, the Senior Bowl is a terrible place to I mean because you can't evaluate. But if you set things up and do it the right way, but you can get inundated with guys and gals hunting jobs and not be able to watch practice and not know what's going on, like what happened today? Well yeah, okay, well Cat, I spent spent the first practice today watching it talking to people about jobs. You know, it could be a very difficult thing to have.
Speaker 4: To it's the LinkedIn Senior Bowl, but it really is.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, if you're if you're Jerry Jones and he does sit in the crowd, yeah, it doesn't mean Jerry Jones is like every other scout that's there up in the stands with his guys and gals up there, and they're sitting up there watching and you know, not to say that. Everybody goes, you know, hiking up there and sees Jerry Jones. But if you run into Jerry Jones, you're going to take an opportunity to shake his hand. Yeah, you know, that's kind of how this thing works, especially if you're looking for a job.
Speaker 2: So you talked about the adjusting that scouts would have to do. Yeah, I mean, there's no way that I didn't answer the next question worth a damn, and I'm sorry you did your good But you said you said the.
Speaker 4: Senior Bowl would be a significant portion. So that's an answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But the way they have to adjust, they're gonna have to adjust on the fly whatever the draft process brings, yether it's twenty twenty five or twenty twenty four, whether you have a head coach or whether you don't. But there's just a significant and jump in that direction. And Tommy, I'll allude this to you with what's the biggest adjustment now not having those head coaches to kind of lean back on and continue to have those conversations.
Speaker 7: Well, I think it's kind of what Brian was alluding to in terms of when now you've got to figure out what your scheme's going to look like. And the scheme has so much to do with what you want to do in the draft and especially what you want to do in free agency.
Speaker 4: We were talking about well in position coaches too exactly.
Speaker 7: And we were talking about this yesterday on our emergency podcast after they had announced the decision to move on from Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 8: Is.
Speaker 7: Well, now you've got to find alignment from your front office, to your coaching staff, to your roster. And I think that that's maybe part of the shortcomings with Mike McCarthy's time in Dallas is at times, especially in this twenty twenty four season, there was an alignment between all three because there were certain pieces on the roster that Mike felt like maybe he didn't have control over, and that just can't happen if the Cowboys want to be serious playoff contenders. So when it comes to this draft, especially when you have a team that's been kind of leaning in what they want to do in free agency and leaning in how they want to spend their money in the cap, sometimes you've got to build through the draft, and so it's important to have you know an idea of what you're looking for when that Senior Bowl comes around, because then even if you are having to shake hands and kiss babies at that point in time, like it's a job interview, at least you can be like you can have an idea of what you're looking for instead of Okay, we're gonna look at those nine guys and kind of re evaluate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see, this is too where you go real quick if I could Zach, this is where you know, having like dan Quinn in place gets you dron Blant, right, you know, having that where dan Quinn was a roll up his sleeves and go shoulder to shoulder with the scouts and go out and hit workouts and things like that. You know, I mean they didn't hit on all the guys. I mean the Kentucky kids were an Apple absolute disaster.
Speaker 4: Joseph, Yeah, Banna.
Speaker 3: And oh yeah they had they've had some problems there and so yeah, but that's going to happen along the way. But they did. You know, you're not going to be able to you you have an idea. When you have dan Quinn and Joe Witt and others in the building, you're able to go and look at Deron Bland at Fresno and kind of figure out, Okay, this guy, this guy that fits for.
Speaker 4: Us is in Brian. Since you've been around it, run under aft yourself and have been around different organizations and see how they do it is that more important here in Dallas, that continuity and the communication. It seems like the catball dry or so than any other team might like that with their coaching staff, them being involved, them saying, hey, this is what I want a player, this is what I'd like to do here, Whereas I mean maybe in Green Bay maybe that was something with Mike McCarthy wasn't used to that in Greenland.
Speaker 3: Oh no, he.
Speaker 4: Comes to Dallas. Now, Will mcclay's like, hey, what do you think you know?
Speaker 3: And this is new.
Speaker 4: This is kind of a learning and just not every team operates that way, but for the Cowboys might be more important than the other thirty one teams to get that coaching staff in place so they can get that communication with the scouts on what they want, what they're looking for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these head coaches, Mike McCarthy did not when he walked through the door in Dallas. He was like, whoa, I get to have a say in this. Teddy Thompson, you know, they talked to the coaches and stuff like that, but not to the extent that a lot of teams do. And so yeah, it's it's really this This organization thrives on communication as far as having opinions, you know. I mean that's why I think some of the reasons why it takes him so long to make a decision, because they do solicit opinions, you know, and and that can kind of slow you down a little bit. But you know, having having that the head coach every every you know, when I worked in the front the scouting department here, whether you're Dave Campbo or Chan Gaily or Bill Parcells, it doesn't matter. If you want to take an active role in personnel, the Joneses will allow you to do that. As a head coach, I thought Jason Garrett was an outstanding evaluator. I think a lot of it had to do with sitting with his dad every day. Yeah, Jim at times was very very good. But I think that there's some coaches that have an eye for this and there's sums that are not. John Gruden is one of my best friends. John Gruden is a terrible evaluator. I mean, if he if he were to be the head coach here, I would my suggestion would be, don't let John help you pick the players, you know. But Johnson. John's a good football coach. But there's certain guys that have the ability to evaluate from that coaching position.
Speaker 2: So with McCarthy moving on, Nick, how does that affect Will McClay now, Because whether it was their relationship or the contract that in question moving forward, there was always a little question mark around will McClay following this year in his future in Dallas? Does this affect it one way or the other at all?
Speaker 6: I don't think necessarily.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: There's not a ton of GM openings this cycle, and even with the ones that are open, mcclay's name hasn't been thrown around, so I think McClay was staying Regardless, I think the long term of McLay is now probably a bigger question than the short term and how much say does he have in the next choice And if he's a big voice in that room, then that probably tells you the long term security of him here in Dallas. But if they bring in a guy and it's like, hey, he will introduce you here to Doug Peterson or whoever, then I think that kind of tells you long term kind of what the vision is as far as Will mcclay's role not only in this building but front office specifically when it comes to making decisions.
Speaker 2: No, that's interesting because when you look at the draft process, he's kind of the head honcho.
Speaker 3: Right, he does it. He's done a damn good job. And you know, and we always talk about the triangle. The jones is being on top of the triangle, the scout's being on one point, and then the coaches on the other point, and Will is in the middle, in the middle of the storm, and he does a really good job of navigating that. These coaches get mad at the scouts, the scouts get mad at the Joneses, the Joneses are mad at the coaches. Will does a really good job of making sure that that being mad stays in that room and it doesn't go outside that room. He's done an excellent job of putting together these boards and you have to give him a lot of credit because there were some times where you know, and I love Tom Saskowski and you know, Jeff Ireland I worked with here, and you know, those guys very qualified guys. But when you're not able to control all three parties, you're not going to have much success here. This is just the way that they operates. It's unique to any other organization you'll ever be in, and ever work in.
Speaker 2: So Mike McCarthy and the ripple effects will be felt until they fill in a potential suitor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the scouts, the scouts will be ready to go. They've got their nine guys what I'm calling them nine guys, the guys that they need to potentially bring back. And you know, like I say, the Joneses, Steven will be communicating to Will, Hey, these are the coaches we're looking at. And then okay, now it turns into let's meet about these schemes. You know, what are these coaches? What are they going to like? And then you kind of try and get ahead of the game that way. All right, let's take our first break.
Speaker 2: When we come back, I want to do a little accountability session. I want to talk about the twenty twenty four draft.
Speaker 3: So what did you get right?
Speaker 4: So we'll go good, we got good?
Speaker 3: It was all wrong?
Speaker 2: And then what to do is bad in terms of your draft evaluation last year? And then if you have a comparison of this year's draft class, we could share that as well, kind of similar prospects in the same area.
Speaker 4: When we come back, more talking cowboys. Right after this, here.
Speaker 8: We go Tyler from Dude perfect. Here, big news. We just dropped our very own dude perfect smoothie with Smoothie King. We as strong, it's my recipe. Technically, we all came up with it, Kobe. I mean you put a potato in yours. I was experimenting how we picked up on that. Guys, this is fruit smoothie perfection. I even heard it recently quoted that it was food perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was on to say that.
Speaker 8: Oh that that was funny. Oh honey, thank you anyways, kid, the dude perfect smoothie only at Smoothie King My smoothie.
Speaker 9: All right. Drew Pearston, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw aheall Mary, go where I went. Laser care Ey Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 1: At Laser care I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients.
Speaker 9: See check the mat at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you hood.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys as they snapped.
Speaker 8: The press scout who looks right, it's not there? He escaped, slapped, He'll.
Speaker 10: Look full a first don Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust.
Speaker 4: With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands.
Speaker 10: Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to.
Speaker 4: Buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run thish show, run it up the middle.
Speaker 4: And he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot Com Cowboys fans.
Speaker 11: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: The PBR World Finals are returning to AT and T Stadium in twenty twenty five. It all starts on May sixteenth with Kit Rocks rockin Rodeo. Then on May seventeenth and eighteenth, the finalists will compete in the twenty twenty five PBR Championship.
Speaker 3: Let's Rock and Ride.
Speaker 2: Tickets are now on sale at seek geek dot com, the official ticketing provider of AT and T Stadium. Welcome back to the Draft Show presented by Miller Lte. Not Talking Cowboys, as I alluded to going into the brag gentlemen. Sorry, we had Talking Cowboys this morning. It's available now on Dallas Cowboys dot com. All right, I want to talk about accountability, Brian. You always have to learn from your mistakes and you got to learn from your successes. At the same time, I've got two guys. I want two guys from you, guys and the evaluation that you had last year.
Speaker 4: That you got right, and I want two guys that you got wrong.
Speaker 2: And this could be either be either mean you were over evaluating under evaluating and.
Speaker 4: Then they ended up being one way or the other. Nick.
Speaker 2: I'll start with you because I know there are a couple of names that Cowboys and Draft show fans are waiting to hear.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there's one that I definitely have to have to jump out with right off the top, and it's Bo Nix and mister Nicks, I request your apologies. I had them number seventy seven on my board last year. I just I thought, a surprise, you'll at him that high. Honestly me too. It was I just checked it and I was like, wow, really that doesn't sound right.
Speaker 10: But I.
Speaker 6: Thought his ceiling was limited.
Speaker 5: I thought he had hit that ceiling in college with all the experience that he had now granted, whenever he got drafted to the Broncos on draft night, that was the first time I.
Speaker 6: Was like, oh, I'm gonna end up being wrong here, aren't I.
Speaker 5: Because it just makes sense him and Sean pay and that's a that's a good marriage and it worked out. So Bo Nicks, that's probably my first wrong. You want me to go all the way through here, Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do your two wrongs and then we'll come back around.
Speaker 6: I'll go wrong, right, Okay, Okay, two rocks, two wrongs.
Speaker 5: Shoot, I just had him and I closed out of it. Oh my gosh, I'm gonna go all right, sorry, Okay, that's off the page here, all right. My number one corner on my board, my number eight overall player, Quinon Mitchell.
Speaker 6: And I, uh he was.
Speaker 5: He's a He was the third place guy for corner for All Pro listing, so he just missed out being on an All Pro team. Playing with the Eagles this last year, I really slammed the table for Quannon Mitchell, so I'm I'm glad it worked out for him.
Speaker 6: Number eight overall player on my board.
Speaker 4: Give me one in the other Brian one right, one wrong.
Speaker 3: I was completely right about Brock Bowers. I had him as the sixth best player on my board at year. I was completely wrong. Much like with Nicks, I was wrong about Drake May. Oh, Drake May. I had Drake May at twenty eight, but should have been a lot higher. We all had those those defensive linemen all shoved up there. Actually those offensive tackles, excuse me, they were all kind of shoved up at the top of the board. I think that the guy to me because, like I say, when you start to talk about where Drake May or Nicks should have been. I had Dallas Dallas Turner the Alabama edge at twelve. That's a wrong yep, right there, So I mean as you had him that high, yeah, that's where I had him. So I felt like that for the most part, these quarterbacks, I kind of missed on them that way. I did the rally with my quarterback though, I had Jane Daniels at four, so you know, kind of you know, you kind of got it. You know, you're some of these are going to be good. Also, Brian Thomas was another one that I had right on my board as well, so you know that LSU. But these I have a really good feel for these receivers, you know when they come out and what they can do. But those two quarterbacks straight May and bo Nicks, I did not give them nearly enough credit in this coming up this pass draft.
Speaker 4: M h, what do you think, Zach right, I think we could go with Cooper Bebe. That one ended up hitting pretty hard there here locally in Dallas. He's your starter for the next decade. And he definitely is a guy that slid in at center and was pretty good as a rookie. Do I still think as a guard the dude could end up being an All pro I do as a center, I think he's going to be a good steady player for you. There were moments, I think we all like some of the penalties, a couple of snaps went a little bit high, But overall, for a rookie center who played the position for his first year, I think Cooper Bebe was a big time hit. You guys know my affinity for him. In last year's draft, just to.
Speaker 5: Back you up, of all rookie offensive linemen with at least four hundred snaps, he had the second lowest pressure rate.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. That's amazing.
Speaker 4: And I actually I think Barton was up there as well. I mean Barton, I had him really really high and he ended up having a good year.
Speaker 3: Could you have gone Cooper and Cooper? Did you? Where'd you have Cooper?
Speaker 6: Did Genen?
Speaker 4: I had twentieth best player?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go. You see? To me, was that's a that's a right? I know I had him at twenty nine. He was one of the guys I was considering as a right. Yeah. With being at twenty nine, it was.
Speaker 4: Tough because the secondary player I missed the most on was probably Bullock from USC who ended up having a fantastic with the Texans. The thing for me was I wanted to playim at corner. I thought with his size, his ball skills, I was like, you know what, I don't know that I want to playhim at safety. I thought he looked way too skinny. I didn't love his ability to be able to fill and get physical in the run. He had a hell of a year. I mean the ball skills translated. I saw that autely and so that like I didn't get the evaluation completely wrong, but I had him way too low. Ninety seventh best player, and he was on a lot of all rookie teams when you look at it, like at least a second team member. He was a fantastic player this year. No, that's a good one, Tommy. Do you want to go with yours?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I wasn't on the draft show obviously last course, but scouts on are here in terms of what.
Speaker 4: It's just not on recording. It's right exactly.
Speaker 7: I was right about Mike Sayners still from Michigan. I thought he played really well in Yeah, sorry.
Speaker 6: Nick, were you right about about to talk about it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but Mike Sander's still from the corner, the slot corner from Michigan who played really well for dan Quinn and that off and that defense excuse me out in Washington this year. He was one of those guys where and Nick and I have talked about this a couple of times when we've watched guys even this year, where you just watch defensive backs play and you feel you kind of say to yourself, like, man, it seems like Sander Still is making every single play when it comes his way. And there's a couple of guys in this class too that I think that of as well. So Mike Sander Still was one of the brock Bowers And that's kind of a layup. Yeah, really since his true freshman season in Georgia, incredible play. Bowers could have gone bro and the dude is just ridiculous. So he's going to be an All Pro contender for the rest of his career.
Speaker 4: I think, well, you're saying no, no, you're good, keep going, keep going on.
Speaker 7: The flipping over to the wrongs ad and I Mitchell from Texas breaks my heart.
Speaker 6: He copy my paper over here, Mitchell, Ye tell me you're not alone.
Speaker 4: I had Mitchell at twenty one on my.
Speaker 7: Book I thought Mitchell should have gone before Worthy. I thought it was the better of the two wide receivers out of Texas that year.
Speaker 4: I don't think you were alone and that we're going. I know I missed on him as well.
Speaker 7: He was just fantastic at Texas when you look at the fifty to fifty balls and some of the stuff he was able to do.
Speaker 4: Was it banged up?
Speaker 5: Did he not play a whole lot or it wasn't a banged up situation. It was just just him not being able to get on the field. I had him forty one in the end, but I remember dropping him like the week of the draft because of character concerns. So I forget where exactly I had him, but I probably would have had him in that twenty ish range.
Speaker 2: I do remember the character concerns being a conversation. That's yeah, that's unfortunate because he was a good player of college.
Speaker 4: What were your other one?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: My last wrong was Jade and Daniels. I thought this was going to be just a complete whiff and yeah, that was that was really bad.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Daniels.
Speaker 7: I wasn't skilled and I'm sold now, so I apologize.
Speaker 2: I thought Jada Daniels was Anthony Richardson, So I was wrong on him too, Sorry.
Speaker 7: Bobby, I just saw I just saw one one too many of those like looney tunes asque hits college where he would get hit and the ball would fly fifteen yards of the year, he's doing a backflip after the contact, and I was just like, I don't know if he can get hang around.
Speaker 3: Nailed pretty good the other night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, college, he's done a good job.
Speaker 3: At avoiding those. You guys have Michael Pennix.
Speaker 4: I had Pannis fifty two.
Speaker 6: I didn't love him.
Speaker 4: I liked Penix. He was my third quarterback. But I had him at thirty.
Speaker 2: I had him at oh Man, I was really high on Pinix. I had him at fourteen.
Speaker 3: Well, I him at twenty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had him.
Speaker 3: Think about that. How about the Nate Wiggins has shown up to the Clemson twive corner.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and this is honestly a little surprising for me, just because of how slender he is. You factor, and then he went to the Ravens. They're so great at developing skins of backs. Yeah, it makes sense why he had a good year.
Speaker 3: But I aim at fifteen, I was kind of thinking and okay, somebody tell me how Byron Murphy played.
Speaker 4: Eh, I can give you some. He was up and down.
Speaker 6: He didn't get on the field a ton.
Speaker 5: It could compare to other some of these other round guys like Jerzon Newton had a lot time, a lot more time I had.
Speaker 3: I had Murphy ahead of Newton. Same.
Speaker 2: Byron Murphy played four hundred and fifty snaps. I mean he played. He had twenty one pressures, one sack, twenty one tackles as well.
Speaker 3: So okay, fourteenth overall player, probably not.
Speaker 4: I had him at nine. I had him even higher than you did. But Fisk I hit on. I had Fisk at twenty six. That's a good one. And he was brilliant.
Speaker 3: I mean this.
Speaker 4: He he led all rookie de alignment fifty one pressures on the year. I mean, fist to me seemed like an easy, easy one to look at and be like, this dude's going to be a bad.
Speaker 3: I got one more for you, huh. I got one more? And and where I have him is I don't know if it's right. And I think you should be a lot higher about Jared Verse from four to stay teen. What did you have at fifteeneen eighteen. I'm at ten. Should have him at like you should have had him at three, top five seriously fourteen. And you know who Jared versus in this draft? That Carter kid from Penn State. Oh yeah, yeah, if you want to, if you want a comparison of again, think.
Speaker 5: Carter's got a little bit more finesse. That's no discredited verse. I just think he has more power. But it's it's seeing your first live was eye opening for me.
Speaker 3: Ramp practice. Yeah, Houly Cheeves, I'm like, all right, how why did I not have this guy high?
Speaker 2: You and I were on the in the middle of training cap live. We were on training can a guy and almost cussed on the microphone. It's like, like had to stop from.
Speaker 4: Whenever we were in the middle of it.
Speaker 3: He was incredible.
Speaker 5: Last last name of it. I could throw around Latimerconkey. Where'd you guys?
Speaker 3: Oh Conky? I was.
Speaker 4: I was trying to get mccaky in the first round. I had him at twenty eight, I had him in the second. I had a twenty nine overall.
Speaker 3: Oh let me look at that. A second round it's not going to be where it needs to be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had hibout thirty six and he probably shouldn't be.
Speaker 3: I had Ricky Pearsaw like it's sixty one, so I have way down there and I like Pearsaw more than McConkie, and I bet you I have am. It's getting bad now I'm going down the list.
Speaker 4: It's getting bad way back see.
Speaker 2: And this is what's fun about reliving all of this, this work that did last year.
Speaker 5: You know Bucky Irvin, Yeah, Bucky was one of my definitely hit Bucky was definitely one of you didn't talk about him. I know I didn't. Well, I was circling back for the one right, one wrong. But yeah, Bucky Irving that that was one that I slammed the table for hard. I was hoping this team picked him, but he had a good year.
Speaker 4: The one guy that I'm proud of that I got right is Dominic Pooney, the guard from UH that ended up in San Francisco. He was out of Kansas.
Speaker 2: I had a second round grade for him for him and initially people wanted to put him a tackle.
Speaker 4: I wanted to move him to guard.
Speaker 2: He ended up being a top ten Pro Football Focused grade among all roles.
Speaker 3: Wait Man, I didn't have him bad I did forty five Poony Nony Honkey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh you just missed him.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's forty five.
Speaker 4: Could have been a little bit.
Speaker 3: I had him right right behind fist.
Speaker 6: You were like eighty eighty one.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I I we needed to jump both those guys. But how did Shaydon Hicks? How did Jaydon Hicks from Washington State to safety play?
Speaker 4: Mmm?
Speaker 6: Great quid. I don't even remember where he got drafted.
Speaker 3: Man, that I know.
Speaker 4: My guy Bullard did start with Kansas City.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: He played three hundred and thirty snaps Ryan back half the beer, mostly free all right, I didn't really do much number yeah forty third player right there.
Speaker 4: I think the two guys consensuously. We can all take a victory. Lap on was Peyton Wilson. Yes, he's good. And then when we got to see is Garndo, I felt like he was a darling in the Disip show. We all liked him.
Speaker 3: Is Grendo performed.
Speaker 4: Yeah he was good and shout out to Ray Davis with the bills.
Speaker 3: I had him at one o seven on Ray Davis. I remember that one.
Speaker 4: I was eighty nine on Ray Davis. I had a little crush on him.
Speaker 2: Matt Gonsalvez, the guard from pitt That was a thirty visit guy.
Speaker 4: And then what about Max Melton. I know you guys were high on him.
Speaker 3: I was not.
Speaker 2: I had him wrong the corner I had a fourth Yeah, he was corner ten for me. He was a fourth round grade. He ended up starting and playing six hundred total snaps said, wow, a lot of time with Arizona's had fifty nine. Yeah, I see, I had him in like the one twenties.
Speaker 3: I had him at one thirty. I was not a fan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so you same boat flagged all the time.
Speaker 3: At the next level, he was a grabber.
Speaker 4: I don't think he got flagged a ton.
Speaker 3: So we'll see.
Speaker 6: Oh, I think I maybe found my biggest miss.
Speaker 3: Oh what was it?
Speaker 6: N oh no, Kai Corley? Who Yeah, this one, this one's wrong.
Speaker 4: Would you have him?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: I just had him at forty four and he had three receptions for sixteen yards this year. But also he played for an awful franchise.
Speaker 7: So in that one play where he fumbled in the or did he drop the ball at the goal line right before his career touchdown.
Speaker 4: Well, Javon Baker, the touchdown maker, didn't make us really good. I had him at seventy one.
Speaker 3: I don't think that guy.
Speaker 4: Had a catch mate.
Speaker 6: You just take all that UCF love and bottle it up into r J.
Speaker 3: Harvey. Yeah it is r J.
Speaker 4: Harvey.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you. I'll tell you a cowboy draft pick that made me look bad is Mary's Leafol. Yeah that's fair, I mean, if you want to. I mean I was not too particularly happy with when Mary's Leafol got picked. I'm looking my top two on my Would you have him at fifteen? Yeah, so you know, yeah, that's that's a bad miss.
Speaker 2: I had him at ninety five, so I felt pretty good about that one. Ben Sanat was one that I had really high. I had him as a top sixty player.
Speaker 4: He finished with five catches for twenty eight yards for Washington. I was pretty low on him just because I didn't know where to play.
Speaker 3: But TJ.
Speaker 4: Tampa, I was super high one and I don't know what he did this year. I had at thirty seven on my board. TJ.
Speaker 3: Tampa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, top second round corner, right behind the top three guys Arnold Mitchell and.
Speaker 3: Iowa State kid. Right he played. I loved TJ. Tampa.
Speaker 2: TJ Tampa played a total of eighteen snaps.
Speaker 4: Oh jeez, yeah, that's that's right.
Speaker 3: He was still holding out hope for our guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, we like our guys, all right, fun exercise. If you guys did your own research last year, tweet at us, let us know who were your rights and who were your wrongs?
Speaker 4: Who'd you hit on? Who did you miss on?
Speaker 2: It is we got a lot of work left to do going into the draft. Well, because of that, we've got some names that have recently declared for the draft. I want to talk through a couple of these names, including one that played quarterback in the Cotton Bowl recently, when we come back right after this with more of the Draft show.
Speaker 10: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Lasercare Eye Center, I can see near far in between. Don't fumble your vision any longer. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center, they got me back on my game.
Speaker 12: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the.
Speaker 4: Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Wallas.
Speaker 12: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 8: Here we go, Tyler from Dude Perfect. Here, big news. We just dropped our very own Dude Perfect Smoothie with Smoothie King.
Speaker 3: We as strong.
Speaker 8: It's my recipe. Technically we all came up with it, Kobe. I mean you put a potato in yours. I was experimenting how we picked up on that. Guys, this is fruit smoothie perfection. I even heard it recently quoted that it was food perfect. Yeah. I was on to said that, Oh that was funny, honey.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Anyways, give the Dude Perfect Smoothie only at Smoothie King my smoothie.
Speaker 13: How about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets?
Speaker 6: As we cheer for the stars.
Speaker 13: On the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets that, along with all our other favorite Tyson Foods products, sure make game day special. Score some delicious Tyson Cowboys Nuggets and become a game day star just like our Cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and off the plate. Remember, tailgates and game day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 1: He is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Shows.
Speaker 3: Back here on the Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Come out to AT and T Stadium on February twenty second for the Monster Energy AMA super Cross Championship Series. Watch the world's best two wheel racers converge for one night of NonStop action. Enjoy unprecedented access to the sports biggest stars and an up close view of their race bikes and then the team rigs at FanFest. Tickets are on sale now at SEKI dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 4: Nick Harris, a huge supercross fan. Yeah big time, I say something real quick.
Speaker 3: I know We had this discussion yesterday about Walker, the edge rudger rusher, a scout that listen to our show. It's not a scout from this football team, scout from another team. We love you. And he got into our discussion about Walker that we thought he was an edge and this is his area, and he said, he goes listen. I like this kid a lot, super kid. He's an inside linebacker for me on first and second down and a sub sub put wherever you want. Can't live with him as a full time edge rusher. And I said, not an edge. Get too warred down, was my question to him. And he said too short. He's six oh one four. He just will get outsized. He's a chess piece. Is what you would do? He said. You know, he was talking about that move him around like what they do with my kid kind of thing. But he says, if you play them at full time edge, he felt like that he would get really worred down his game. So I like, I say, he was just driving around listening to our show and because he said, hey, I heard you guys were talking about Walker, and this is what I this is how I would look at it. Now, we could all say no, he's an edge and all that, but it is an interesting thing to think about him being six to one and a half sure, and maybe playing full time edge if that's what we think.
Speaker 5: Saw him person yesterday and the length was the lack of length was something I know. Okay, So I was like, okay, he's he looks a little slender. There's not a ton of length there. Let me wait a couple of weeks, like let his body get back from bouncing back from the season and let me reevaluate there. But I do like his lower half. But I was I didn't notice that his length wasn't what I thought.
Speaker 3: I just wondered, like, when there's several guys like that that we're going to look at. Because you watch him play at George, there's no question he can rush the past.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, but do.
Speaker 3: You want him doing it full time? I think that's something now that we and you know what if he might be a guy at twelve that this football team would consider, you know, I mean, so I think you have to study up on really we need to dig a little further what other teams or maybe what this what this team, what this team is thinking about him as an edge because I know, I popped in and you guys caught me and I went edge, and I'm like, you know, and then but we you and I talked about it.
Speaker 4: We've just because I think he's an edge. I don't see the athleticism to be able to play off ball in the NFL. Right, But you did argue you wanted him as a linebacker.
Speaker 3: I thought initially as a linebacker, but I didn't think of it for the reasons that this scout told me for Yeah, you know, I was. I just was thinking, well, I mean, off ball linebackers seems to kind of work out. But I just wanted to present that after yesterday. But shout out to the scout that listens to us as he's driving around.
Speaker 4: No, and that's super insightful. If you guys hear anything like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's always good to share because now that information's out there, we need.
Speaker 3: To figure out how cowboys evaluate him. We need to think about, you know, through our back channels or whatever we have to do. Are you looking at Walker as a linebacker or are you looking at him as an edge?
Speaker 5: Well, the Cowboys need to figure out what the Cowboys are evaluating exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: That's a good one, all right, some of these guys that are working their way out. I teased Quinn yours and what he brings as a quarterback prospect in this class. Tommy, you spend some time covering Quinn throughout his career. Where does he fit in this quarterback class? Because it's not a strong quarterback class to begin with. I think we've all kind of agreed on that there are some names at the top, but it's not necessarily the same depth of quarterback class that we've talked about in the past.
Speaker 4: Where would you put ers at this point in time?
Speaker 7: Yours is around QB three QB four for me in this draft, and I think part of that is a testament too. It's not necessarily the strongest class. But this is a guy that I've watched. I've watched every start of his since his freshman season at Texas, and you look at the touch that he's able to put on some of these balls, and how just easy he makes it look in terms of the motion and getting the ball out of his hands. He can operate an RPO offense, and you know, he's made some wild plays over the course of his career. The only problem is when he gets pressured, he turns the stone. It's almost like everything collapses in front of him and he doesn't know what to do. Sometimes he did a better job, I think this last year of stepping up at certain points, but then you know he's got the ankle injury and the oblique injury, and so I think once those things happened later on in the season as the progressed, he was a little bit more hesitant to step up really confidently. I thought the best tape that he put out was against Michigan back in the Week two. He was slinging it all over the field.
Speaker 3: Gunner heelm touchdown pass.
Speaker 7: Was beautiful, beautiful, and he's had a lot of those thrills where it's good touch, it's into a tight window, and he's able to make those wild plays. But at the same time, it's that pocket presence that worries me. And there are still sometimes where you just kind of scratch your head with some of the decisions that he makes. But all in all, I think that there's a lot that you can work with there. I just think that he needs time. Throughout his entire career, Cooenewers has kind of rushed himself into everything you think about from high school going to Ohio State, he leaves his senior year, so he goes a year early, one of the first big nil names once that became legal, and doesn't work out there, so he comes to Texas. He's instantly thrown into the fire, and he's tasked with basically rejuvenating a program that had been in the dumpster for the better part of two decades. And I think he would greatly benefit from sitting down and if he finds the right fit, from just sitting learning the offense, getting the time to develop, work out those things that need to get worked out, whether it be pocket presence, whether it be I'm not saying he has bad football IQ, but decision making, and then I think he can develop into a pretty song.
Speaker 3: You think he sees the field well or is that an issue? And I wonder this because I watched bo Nix at Auburn look awful, and then I watched him go to Oregon and it seemed like he got things kind of turned around. But I wasn't as high on him as I needed to. But if it is Quinn, does his problem seeing the field or is it just that that he just doesn't have a feel for how to move to keep his eyes down the field.
Speaker 7: I think it's the movement problem that he doesn't. He doesn't quite get how to.
Speaker 3: Move around on the pot. Joe Burrow will duck, you see Joe Burrow duck. Yeah, fields it and he'll he'll compress and then kind of find his way out of it and then make a throw.
Speaker 2: He may have the best pocket presence in the NFL, though he might Joe Burrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's like a high X. Seriously. I mean he'll put both hands of the ball and just dip his shoulder and the kind of find a way to get through and then he ends up on the other side. And I just wonder with yours, it seems like when the pressure is on him, and I wonder if it's just he's too locked on to what's going on down the field. You know, that's kind of.
Speaker 4: When he gets a little happy feet and that's where you see the balls start to sail on him a little bit.
Speaker 7: And the footwork has been an issue since day one with yours. Is that's something His feet have rarely been set on some of these bad throws that you see, and it is a real problem his freshman season where he would just be all over the place and sure you would get those wow throws like, oh my god, how did he get that all the way down the field? Then he has some plays where he's just throwing it right to a defender. So coachable guyutely absolutely, absolutely, Yeah, there's without no question there, and he'sn.
Speaker 4: Some success with those guys in the league, right Yeah.
Speaker 7: And I think if we're talking about the mental aspect too, I think this is a guy who doesn't get enough credit for being a good leader. You think about the stuff that was thrust on this guy's shoulder with Arch Manning sitting right behind, and you're kind of knocking on that door, and he's still got guys to come and play for him, and he still operated the Steve Starcasian offense really well. Again, there's gonna be a lot of work that has to be done for it to translate to the NFL. But back to your question, Yeah, I think movement in the pocket is what is where it stands because it's got the length of that bottom half doesn't have as much of that, and the duck and turning all.
Speaker 3: That seems stiffers, Yeah, really stiff in your pocket.
Speaker 7: If that happens, he just collapses and he just takes the sack.
Speaker 3: And the injuries.
Speaker 4: Like he had a year season where he's been healthy.
Speaker 6: Not since his sophomore year of high school. And he took a hit while he took a hit.
Speaker 5: From Dallas Turner in his sophomore year in the second game of the season that I think changed how he how he handles pocket pressure, and I don't feel like he's ever handled pressure the same since then.
Speaker 4: That guy's a bust, So we can't miss right talk about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: It was in the second quarter and he uh, he got hit on a first it was a first and goal and they dropped back to pass change the whole game, and it changed the whole game. And maybe he's landed on his AC joint, but he's dealt with an O bleach strain, ankle spread and a C joint in both shoulders. Uh sports hernia growing injury in high school that kept him out for most of his senior year. But yeah, injuries are a concern. But I uh I commed him to uh, I camped him to brock Party in the sense that he uh, if he finds the right fit, then it could work out for him, especially if he has weapons, and I think he gives you enough to uh be able to work with. I mean when you talk about his touch, his arm angle, precision decision making when he's not under pressure, I think he's QB two in this class. But you take you factor everything in. I have him at QB seven.
Speaker 3: Where should we have draft drafted brock Party? Who is that?
Speaker 4: Who was in that class?
Speaker 3: I'm saying round brock Party went to irrelevant, irrelevant to should have went first round pick, should have been a first round pick. Right.
Speaker 4: Let me look at the other quarterbacks and one.
Speaker 5: That I think the perfect fit for Quinn is is the Rams. I think if he can go to a place like like Lost of Love, work under McVeigh and take a couple of years behind Matthew Stafford, I think that'd be the perfect fit for Quinn.
Speaker 4: You were Here's the other quarterbacks in that draft class with Brock Purty, Kenny Pickett, Malik Willis, Matt Carrall, Carson Strong, Sam Howe, Desmond, Ritter Bailey, Zappy, Jack Cones, Skyler Thompson, E. J. Perry.
Speaker 3: You get the point. Oh my, he should have gone.
Speaker 4: He's been the first off ahead of Kenny Pickett.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: I wonder how the Steelers should be feeling right now if they had rock Perty that would be and well it would have been Yeah, it would have been Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: When I think the thing about the fact that that Quinn Ewers has played in a lot of similar with brock Purty. I mean, brock Purty was four your guy, right, I mean all those starts that he got, and you kind of like Iowa State, You're thinking, oh, I got a couple of guys, had a runner, they had a receivers. I mean, they've had some guys. But man, I mean it's not a star studded lineup by any means that guy. But he played a lot of games, got a lot of experience, won a lot of games. Yeah, that's very similar. I think that's a really good comparison Quinn yours. No, I like it a lot.
Speaker 4: I just don't like his decision making.
Speaker 2: He was offered a scholarship to North Texas in the eighth grade.
Speaker 4: And he turned it down. I think that's a bad decision.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he could have taken it. He would have at least at least a national championship if he would have gone there, all right, some of the other names that have recently declared Nick Emon Worri from South Carolina.
Speaker 4: Safety, Yeah, I'm glad that you've brought him up. Okay, what do you want to you?
Speaker 3: Why do you go so this this guy.
Speaker 4: I was wondering what everyone else thought about him because I'm watching him and I'm like, Okay, dude looks like an NFL safety. He's checking off all the physical boxes. He moves pretty well.
Speaker 3: I like the.
Speaker 4: Backpedal, he's smooth. And then I'm watching him come up and run support or just any time a play is leaking out towards him, and I'm seeing a bit of a timid guy. Oh no, a guy that doesn't really want the smoke when it comes to contact. Now, he's going to be Senior Bowl invite and uh, you know he he he played middle linebacker in high school, so I didn't anticipate watching his film and thinking like the physical aspect of it would be a question clear communicator in the secondary. I mean, he's getting everybody lined up. He's an interchangeable safety. I think he can play both strong and free. Good feel for zone coverage. Most of his interceptions came in zone coverage where he's dropping off. But I just didn't see a very physical player. I wanted more violence at the strike point. I want him to come up and hit somebody. That's the difference between him and Malachi Starks. I saw a lot of Twitter scouts for trying to compare the two. That's what sets them apart from me. Malachi Starks. Now, there are some games first half against Alabama, and then when you watch him against Notre Dame, there are times where he can miss some tackles, can take some poor angles. I don't think he's a surefire perfect prospect, but there's a big gap between Starks and the way he comes up and runs support and em and wary from South Carolina.
Speaker 3: From me, I'd take exavier wats of Notre Dame over this cat. I agree, I mean, and I think, well, I think he nailed this guy, the South Carolina kid, because there's snaps, you see him take poor angles, he'll overrun the ball, the size of the frame. I mean, he should be a much better time, but that will come and go with and the length. But he needs to get some of this area of his game buttoned up. You should be more of a force, but he really struggles with that at times. And I at six three two twenty seven, my gosh, he he has that that look of a guy that should be playing a lot better. But I'll I'll take I'll take Exavier watch from Notre Dame over this guy all day. Watch it.
Speaker 4: He was going to be a Senior Bowl guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, he's a senior bol watching the the Texas A and M game or South Carolina upset them and uh if you want to call an upset and uh in Columbia, I fell in love with them and worry.
Speaker 6: I think with his size he can move so well.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, so you can quest his hips like.
Speaker 5: He's six foot damn there, five to ten. Yeah, throw him at free I don't need him to tackle. I just need him to use that length fit in the way of passing.
Speaker 4: And you know what, that's where I talking about accountability. I was wrong about Bulock on that I cared more about how would he do physically in the run. Maybe I shouldn't care as much if you're going to play him in free safety, because he does have the ability to do that.
Speaker 3: He liked his footwork a lot.
Speaker 6: I did, I see.
Speaker 3: I kind of felt like that. It was a little bit all over the place with him. And like you said, I didn't think he was the smoothest when it came to backpedaling. I thought it was because he's a big guy. Maybe it does for his size. First size. Okay, I see what you're doing. Okay, ball skills are really really good. Though, he's got the he's got the ability with the ball skills to compete on the back end, for sure.
Speaker 2: But what about Jahad Campbell, another guy that you've probably gotten a chance to watch so far.
Speaker 4: Any of those names stick out?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he sticks out to me. I think he's as one of the best linebackers in this class. The guy from Alabama fifty five tackles for them this year. It's a kind of top heavy class. I think Barrett Carter from Clemson the other guy who has been around an interesting name too to add to that, Smile London from Georgia. But no, I like Johad Campbell a lot. I think he's one of the better guys.
Speaker 4: I have to say his name, smile, smile.
Speaker 7: Smile like it's not s M I L E.
Speaker 4: It's s M A E L.
Speaker 10: They art.
Speaker 6: That's how I've heard it.
Speaker 3: Pronounce on the.
Speaker 4: Broadcast before interesting, Man, we're in trouble.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what about John Campbell.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll figure it out eventually, had some time.
Speaker 3: I'll still get it wrong.
Speaker 5: U John Campbell tackling machine always finds himself at the ball. Physical. He'll uh, he'll get you. He'll he'll get a couple of flags because of how physical he is. But I'll take that.
Speaker 2: He had an Auburn game that I called and one of them was unnecessary roughness on a defenseless receiver.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, I mean there was.
Speaker 2: That might have been the loudest hit I've ever heard in stadium. And the windows were closed in front of me. That's it was an unbelievable almost physicality. You could have really really physical lineback.
Speaker 3: That was number say this though. Yeah, the thing about me is, I mean he is a great looking kid. You guys are right about physically, when he runs under blocks, he'll get under into trouble. So keep an eye on as you're watching the tape, You're like, man, I'm seeing him like it seems like he's kind of running under him and then the ball goes was the opposite direction, man, But he is he could be a force. I mean he's got some pop, he knows how to play coverage. This an interception he makes in the Georgia game that's really really pretty.
Speaker 4: So this year had five sacks. Yeah, he had half a sack the first two years. Maybe maybe he showed a little bit of that question he's got. I like the growth there. I mean he finally showed some past six three. Oh no, he could say one he can set the edge. Yeah, he can set the edge. So I that's a that's a possibility there with him. He's got so much downhill ability that I really liked. But it was I went to yeah, situation, edge, play off ball, Okay, I got you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, stilling the question out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just dropping a little last one of the recent commitments Jalen Kimber.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a Mansfield kid ended up going to Penn State. And I love what he brings at the corner position. And I think he's going to be a guy that rises during the draft process. He's got the ideal builds size that you want at corner. I love his coverage ability when you look at you know, some of these games at Penn State has played against good passing offenses this past season, you typically find Jalen Kimber around the ball, or excuse me, you typically find Jalen Kimber not around the ball because they're not throwing it to him.
Speaker 6: I like Jalen Kimber.
Speaker 5: I think this is the guy you're not hearing about right now, but you're going to as the process goes on.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 2: That's a good name to keep an eye on. I had him lay down the list. I haven't looked at him yet.
Speaker 3: Bobby was right about that linebacker from UCLA by Oh, he's fantastic.
Speaker 4: Did you watch him last night?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what did you think about him?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I'll tell you what. This gives a walk on real quick. And he doesn't have a lot of bulk. He's how do you pronounce his last name? Sweet?
Speaker 4: That's another to let me see if I can get a sneer sweat sweat swassengers swsternger. Yeah, sweassengers sweatnger.
Speaker 3: He's Carson Swetsinger from UCLA six two two twenty five. This guy doesn't miss tackles. He had one hundred and fifty three of him and I was watching this game USC Fresno Washington. He is really really impressive because he plays down. He'll like say he was a walk on and he got a scholarship because he's a really good special teams player. He had four sacks. Bobby's like, I found I found my overshown and I'm like, yeah, sure right, you found over shown. Bobby's not wrong. This guy is high IQ, high intensity. He does a great job as rushing the passer. He sniffs out blocking assignments and stuff like that, and he's right there. So yeah, keep an eye on keep an eye on this kid from from UCLA. As far as a linebacker that can play off the ball, can pass rush, play special teams, and also playing coverage, this guy is a really I mean he's gonna he's gonna probably start off on special teams and then get sub package work and then then bamp take off from there. But at six two twenty five, you're gonna probably be a little scared of the size. But he makes it seem like he made every single tackle on the UCLA team that really really wasn't all that great.
Speaker 4: He's projected to be about a four to seven guys.
Speaker 3: I know it's crazy, but he but he plays so much faster than that. Yeah, it's like a third round guy. You know on my book there.
Speaker 4: It's interesting. Is this a good linebacker class in general? I feel enough I haven't seen enough of I mean, like we're looking at a guy like Danny Stutsman from Oklahoma, and that's just a guy that's sound like you don't like Danny stuts I mean he's instinctive and makes a ton of tackles, but like, is he going to translate to the NFL? He might just be a special teams.
Speaker 3: In the ENFA.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen a lot of them. And Tommy both just looked at it. Well. I mean, I Tommy from a Texas standpoint.
Speaker 3: Nothing. He was an outstanding college.
Speaker 4: Player, all right, right, that dude deserves his praise, But I don't know that that's going to translate to being an NFL starter necessarily. Its probably a Day three pick anyway.
Speaker 5: Can I give you a linebacker to go home and watch when come back? Jeffrey Bossa from Oregon. This is uh okay, this one five yeah inside and is also a tackling machine, always finds himself at the ball. You talk about Oregon's defensive slash, he was he was the reason for that. He's the leader of that group.
Speaker 3: So, okay, give me bassa.
Speaker 4: Jacob Parish. Do you can see him yesterday? He did see him yesterday, Okay, Jacob Parish from k State. He not flott. This dude might end up winning the combine. Okay, at the forty. But this guy, I was watching him last night. Bobby's like I saw him today. You need to give him a look. Jacob Parish can ball now. He's kind of got everything you look for. Five to ten, right, not necessarily the tallest guy in the world, but I think he's got longer arms than that. The frame's okay, but Jacob Parrish, the recovery speed is elite with him. He can run with everybody, can be a little physical. I like Jacob Parish. He's a guy to go.
Speaker 3: Home and watch as well.
Speaker 4: Short guys from Kansas State, you know. I mean Zach's all for of those guys. That's what That's what he got right, I'm about k State Wildcats?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Question that the running back. That's that might be my pet cat running back this year to fourth round.
Speaker 5: Fifth I saw him yesterday. He looked a little slender, but he's longer than than I think.
Speaker 3: He is, a big boy.
Speaker 6: He's got tall length he does.
Speaker 4: He can catch the ball on the back field good in between the tackles. Runner has some juice, can finish the fan of his game as well. Devin Neil from Kansas, that guy's little bowling ball as well. I like him a lot.
Speaker 6: We like his junior year a little bit more, much better.
Speaker 4: Sure, Yeah, same thing with like just like that junior season more than they liked this year. The quarterback, same thing. I want to talk. We could spend a whole show on running backs.
Speaker 2: Absolutely could, because this is a deep class and there's some question marks. I think Olie Gordon, for me, is one of the more interesting pieces because he was a a badass his junior year. Could have tea first or second round pick. Being yeah, ended up being just a dud his final season.
Speaker 3: And they're real quick.
Speaker 4: What happens to line bad?
Speaker 5: So this is this is literally the notes I put suffered behind bad offensive line in twenty twenty four. Does he need an offensive line to succeed? The streets are saying the streets, but I love his power and downhill ability. I think it's worth spending a Day two pick on if it gets to that point. I mean, he's he's a big boy. He was Trinity guy by the way, DFW shut up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, absolutely was.
Speaker 2: A great player. You los Trinity outside of the NFL, sir. Some people are saying that he would be a day like a mid day three pick, which I just don't see yet.
Speaker 4: I'm not there. I think he draw. Yeah, I don't know this too. I'd take Trayvon Henderson over him. Ohio State, Yeah, I would probably do.
Speaker 3: That's fair.
Speaker 4: That's a that's a fair assessment.
Speaker 3: That Tennessee kids for real? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Who is Outamson Sampson?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, good enough.
Speaker 4: You don't have to tell me on Tennessee backs. You know, I loved me some Jalen Wright. Last, what about Caleb Johnson from Iowa too? Yeah, cal Johnson's the number two back in the class. But there is a drop over a Marion Hampton. Yeah, he's better than Hampton. Yeah, john is better than Hampton.
Speaker 3: Hampton is to Marco Murray, I have Johnson over I think I think Johnson's better.
Speaker 4: Who is Johnson? Then?
Speaker 3: But who would Johnson be? If it's a good question? Murray? Marco Murray's not bad. Gent gives me some minute vibes.
Speaker 6: He does he does runs like I love it.
Speaker 4: And I can't talk about that on our show because I'm going to get like fought by Eric follow Eric Haates.
Speaker 3: We talked running back, good Lord, I cannot we got We only talked about running.
Speaker 4: Backs, going, yeah, he's there, and there's a drop off too, like Genty's fantastic, and then I know it's a deep running back class, but like there's levels of this. It's Genty and it's everybody else.
Speaker 6: Oh one hundred.
Speaker 4: Let's not pretend we can just not everybody's elite. Gent's elite.
Speaker 2: I'm glad we got through our third episode of the Draft show and we made sure to mention Ashton Gentle again.
Speaker 3: So let's keep the street alive.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about him again on Thursday, and we'll continue to reconvene as the year goes on. Officially one hundred days away from the NFL Draft in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Speaker 6: I'm having fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is good.
Speaker 4: We're getting full and it's still a long way away, but not that far.
Speaker 3: That far days.
Speaker 4: One hundred days for.
Speaker 2: Zach Wilchuck Bryan brought us Nick Harris, Tommy Yarrish, and Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeoman saying so long for the Draft show.
Speaker 4: We'll see you on Thursday.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club
Speaker 10: Y